Summary: A type of impedance plethysmography in which bioelectrical impedance is measured between electrodes positioned around the neck and around the lower thorax. It is used principally to calculate stroke volume and cardiac volume, but it is also related to myocardial contractility, thoracic fluid content, and circulation to the extremities.
Publications220 found, 100 shown here
- Bioimpedance cardiography measurements of cardiac output and other cardiovascular parametersNancy M Albert
Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Avenue, P 32, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Crit Care Nurs Clin North Am 18:195-202, x. 2006..device types, discusses hemodynamic data parameters that are available, discusses the differences between impedance cardiography and data that are derived from invasive pulmonary artery catheters, and explains how nurses can apply ..
- Comparison of changes in ejection fraction to changes in impedance cardiography cardiac index and systolic time ratioCharles W Parrott
Cardiology Associates of Mobile, Providence Hospital, Heart Failure Clinic, Mobile, AL 36608, USA
Congest Heart Fail 10:11-3. 2004..b>Impedance cardiography (ICG) provides noninvasive hemodynamic measures with proven validity...
- Analysis of cardiovascular responses to passive head-up tilt using continuous pulse wave analysis and impedance cardiographyAnna Tahvanainen
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Tampere, Tampere, Finland
Scand J Clin Lab Invest 69:128-37. 2009....
- Noninvasive hemodynamic monitoring in heart failure: utilization of impedance cardiographyClyde Yancy
Department of Internal Medicine, Cardiology Division, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75235, USA
Congest Heart Fail 9:241-50. 2003..b>Impedance cardiography (ICG) is a noninvasive and economical outpatient procedure that has been shown to provide reliable ..
- Utility of impedance cardiography to improve physician estimation of hemodynamic parameters in the emergency departmentSean Xavier Neath
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of California, San Diego, 200 W Arbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92103, USA
Congest Heart Fail 11:17-20. 2005..Emergency physicians must often make assessments of complex hemodynamic parameters. To assess the utility of impedance cardiography (ICG) in the emergency department, the authors examined treating physicians' abilities to assess stroke ..
- Comparison of impedance cardiography with invasive hemodynamic measurements in patients with heart failure secondary to ischemic or nonischemic cardiomyopathyMark H Drazner
Heart Failure Research Unit, Donald W Reynolds Cardiovascular Clinical Research Center, Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwest Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9034, USA
Am J Cardiol 89:993-5. 2002
- Pediatric impedance cardiography: temporal stability and intertask consistencyJ J McGrath
Department of Psychology, Bowling Green State University, Ohio 43403, USA
Psychophysiology 38:479-84. 2001..children's measures of heart rate and blood pressure have been found to be reliable, the reliability of impedance cardiography derived measures have not been evaluated. Thirty-three children, ages 8-11 participated in two sessions...
- Impedance cardiography: the next vital sign technology?Joseph M van de Water
Department of Surgery, Mercer University School of Medicine, Macon, GA 31201, USA
Chest 123:2028-33. 2003To evaluate the following: (1) the intramethod variability of impedance cardiography (ICG) cardiac output (CO) measurements via the latest generation monitor and thermodilution CO measurements (CO-TDs); (2) the intermethod comparison of ..
- Stroke volume equation for impedance cardiographyD P Bernstein
Department of Anesthesiology, Palomar Medical Center, Escondido, CA, USA
Med Biol Eng Comput 43:443-50. 2005The study's goal was to determine if cardiac output (CO), obtained by impedance cardiography (ICG), would be improved by a new equation N, implementing a square root transformation for dZ/dtmax/Z0, and a variable magnitude, mass-based ..
- Reliability of the measurement of stroke volume using impedance cardiography during acute cold exposureMatthew D Muller
Kent State University, Exercise and Environmental Physiology Laboratory, Kent, OH 44242, USA
Aviat Space Environ Med 81:120-4. 2010..e., test-retest reliability). Impedance cardiography (ICG) has become a popular method to acquire hemodynamic data in both clinical and applied physiology ..
- Stroke volume and systolic time intervals: beat-to-beat comparison between echocardiography and ambulatory impedance cardiography in supine and tilted positionsG Cybulski
Department of Applied Physiology, Medical Research Centre, Warsaw, Poland
Med Biol Eng Comput 42:707-11. 2004..period (PEP) measurements obtained using a central haemodynamics ambulatory monitoring device based on impedance cardiography (ICG), in supine and tilted positions (60 degrees), with pulsed Doppler echocardiography as a non-invasive ..
- Evaluation of impedance cardiography as an alternative to pulmonary artery catheterization in critically ill patientsMarc A Silver
Department of Medicine and the Heart Failure Institute, Advocate Christ Hospital and Medical Center, Oak Lawn, IL 60453, USA
Congest Heart Fail 10:17-21. 2004..b>Impedance cardiography (ICG) is an accurate, noninvasive technique to obtain hemodynamic status information without the risk and ..
- Impact of impedance cardiography on diagnosis and therapy of emergent dyspnea: the ED-IMPACT trialW Frank Peacock
Department of Emergency Medicine, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, USA
Acad Emerg Med 13:365-71. 2006..b>Impedance cardiography (ICG) is a noninvasive method to measure hemodynamics that may assist in early ED decision making.
- Systolic time ratio by impedance cardiography to distinguish preserved vs impaired left ventricular systolic function in heart failureBrenda Thompson
Cardiovascular Institute, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9200, USA
Congest Heart Fail 14:261-5. 2008..b>Impedance cardiography (ICG) is a low-cost, noninvasive test that measures systolic time intervals and may be a method for ..
- Prognostic value of hemodynamic findings from impedance cardiography in hypertensive strokeMarcellus Francis L Ramirez
Section of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of Santo Tomas, Manila, Philippines
Am J Hypertens 18:65S-72S. 2005b>Impedance cardiography (ICG), a noninvasive method of hemodynamic monitoring, is a useful tool in the care of critically ill patients. Use of this technology shows promise in the hemodynamic assessment of hypertensive stroke patients...
- Using impedance cardiography to assess left ventricular systolic function via postural change in patients with heart failureArthur P DeMarzo
Dermed Diagnostics Inc, 2 S 558 White Birch Lane, Wheaton, IL 60187, USA
Prog Cardiovasc Nurs 20:163-7. 2005..An impedance cardiography (ICG) parameter called systolic amplitude (SA) can serve as an indicator of left ventricular systolic ..
- Hypertension as a hemodynamic disease: the role of impedance cardiography in diagnostic, prognostic, and therapeutic decision makingHector O Ventura
Ochsner Clinic Foundation, New Orleans, Louisiana 70121, USA
Am J Hypertens 18:26S-43S. 2005..b>Impedance cardiography (ICG) has emerged as a unique and highly accurate noninvasive tool that is used to assess hemodynamic ..
- Diagnostic ability of B-type natriuretic peptide and impedance cardiography: testing to identify left ventricular dysfunction in hypertensive patientsVikas Bhalla
Division of Cardiology and the Department of Medicine, Veterans Affairs Medical Center and University of California, San Diego, San Diego, California 92161, USA
Am J Hypertens 18:73S-81S. 2005..b>Impedance cardiography (ICG) is a noninvasive method of measuring hemodynamic and electromechanical timing parameters...
- Maternal hemodynamics during cesarean delivery assessed by whole-body impedance cardiographyKati Tihtonen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tampere University Hospital, Tampere, Finland
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 84:355-61. 2005..the feasibility of a noninvasive and continuous method of measuring cardiac output, namely whole-body impedance cardiography (ICG(WB)), during elective CS...
- Differentiating systolic from diastolic heart failure using impedance cardiographyR L Summers
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson 39216, USA
Acad Emerg Med 6:693-9. 1999Differentiating systolic from diastolic congestive heart failure (CHF) is often difficult in the ED. Impedance cardiography (IC) allows for the noninvasive evaluation of systolic function and measurement of diastolic time intervals...
- The use of impedance cardiography in predicting mortality in emergency department patients with severe sepsis and septic shockAnthony M Napoli
Department of Emergency Medicine, Brown University Medical School, Providence, RI, USA
Acad Emerg Med 17:452-5. 2010..The authors hypothesized that cardiac index, as measured noninvasively by impedance cardiography (ICG) in emergency department (ED) patients undergoing early goal-directed therapy (EGDT) for sepsis, ..
- Bench to bedside: electrophysiologic and clinical principles of noninvasive hemodynamic monitoring using impedance cardiographyRichard L Summers
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson 39216, USA
Acad Emerg Med 10:669-80. 2003..b>Impedance cardiography (ICG) is a noninvasive method of obtaining continuous measurements of hemodynamic data such as cardiac ..
- A meta-analysis of studies using bias and precision statistics to compare cardiac output measurement techniquesL A Critchley
Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, Hong Kong
J Clin Monit Comput 15:85-91. 1999..Bias and precision statistics have succeeded regression analysis when measurement techniques are compared. However, when applied to cardiac output measurements, inconsistencies occur in reporting the results of this form of analysis...
- Utility of impedance cardiography to determine cardiac vs. noncardiac cause of dyspnea in the emergency departmentCharles L Springfield
Aventura Hospital and Medical Center, Aventura, FL 33180, USA
Congest Heart Fail 10:14-6. 2004..b>Impedance cardiography (ICG) is a newly validated method of determining hemodynamic parameters noninvasively...
- A meta-analysis of three decades of validating thoracic impedance cardiographyE Raaijmakers
Department of Medical Physics and Informatics, Institute of Cardiovascular Research, University Hospital, Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Crit Care Med 27:1203-13. 1999To provide a meta-analysis of current literature concerning the validation of thoracic impedance cardiography (TIC) and to explain the variations in the reported results from the differences in the studies.
- Noninvasive assessment of cardiac index in healthy volunteers: a comparison between thoracic impedance cardiography and Doppler echocardiographyJean Luc Fellahi
Service d Anesthesie Reanimation, Centre Hospitalier Privé Saint Martin, Caen Cedex 4, France
Anesth Analg 108:1553-9. 2009..In the present study, we compared cardiac index (CI) measurements with ICG (Niccomo device) and transthoracic Doppler echocardiography in resting healthy volunteers undergoing hemodynamic load challenge...
- Abnormal impedance cardiography predicts symptom severity in chronic fatigue syndromeArnold Peckerman
Department of Neurosciences, CFS Cooperative Research Center, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, NJ, USA
Am J Med Sci 326:55-60. 2003..Findings indicative of a problem with circulation have been reported in patients with chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS). We examined this possibility by measuring the patient's cardiac output and assessing its relation to presenting symptoms...
- Impedance cardiography in the diagnosis of capillary leak syndrome caused by doxorubicin therapy in a patient with myeloma multiplexPaweł Krzesiński
Department of Cardiology and Internal Diseases, Military Institute of the Health Services, Warszawa, Poland
Cardiol J 17:88-91. 2010..In the case presented, rapid, multi-profile diagnostics with the use of impedance cardiography, a modern noninvasive tool of hemodynamic monitoring, led to the recognition and effective treatment of a ..
- Equivalence of bioimpedance and thermodilution in measuring cardiac index after cardiac surgeryW Scott Sageman
Pulmonary Medicine, Monterey, CA, USA
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 16:8-14. 2002..To compare thoracic electrical bioimpedance (TEB) cardiography versus pulmonary artery thermodilution (TD) derived cardiac index in patients after cardiopulmonary bypass...
- A longitudinal study of the relationship between maternal cardiac output measured by impedance cardiography and uterine artery blood flow in the second half of pregnancyK Flo
Women s Health and Perinatology Research Group, Institute of Clinical Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Tromsø, Tromsø, Norway
BJOG 117:837-44. 2010..To study serial changes in maternal systemic and uterine artery haemodynamics and establish reference ranges for the second half of pregnancy...
- Impedance cardiography: a useful and reliable tool in optimization of cardiac resynchronization devicesKonstantin M Heinroth
Department of Medicine III Cardiology, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, E, rnst Grube Strasse 40, 06097, Halle Saale, Germany
Europace 9:744-50. 2007..The current paper presents data from the routine use of impedance cardiography (IC)-based cardiac output (CO) measurements to guide the optimization of AV- and VV-interval timing of CRT ..
- Cardiac output measurement after coronary artery bypass grafting using bolus thermodilution, continuous thermodilution, and whole-body impedance cardiographySeppo Kaukinen
Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, Tampere University Hospital, Tampere, Finland
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 17:199-203. 2003To test the feasibility of continuous cardiac output (CO) monitoring with whole-body impedance cardiography after coronary artery bypass grafting and to compare the values obtained with those measured using the bolus and continuous ..
- Utility of impedance cardiography for the identification of short-term risk of clinical decompensation in stable patients with chronic heart failureMilton Packer
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 8822, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 47:2245-52. 2006This study sought to assess the potential utility of impedance cardiography (ICG) in predicting clinical deterioration in ambulatory patients with heart failure (HF).
- Sensitivity distributions of impedance cardiography using band and spot electrodes analyzed by a three-dimensional computer modelP K Kauppinen
Ragnar Granit Institute, Tampere University of Technology, Finland
Ann Biomed Eng 26:694-702. 1998b>Impedance cardiography (ICG) offers a safe, noninvasive, and inexpensive method to track stroke volume estimates over long periods of time...
- A finite-element study of the effects of electrode position on the measured impedance change in impedance cardiographyY Wang
Rosetta Inpharmatics, Inc, Kirkland, WA 98034, USA
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 48:1390-401. 2001Traditional impedance cardiography (ICG) technique uses band electrodes both for delivering current to and measuring impedance change in the thorax...
- Impedance pneumography: noise as signal in impedance cardiographyJ M Ernst
Department of Psychology, Ohio State University, Columbus 43210 1222, USA
Psychophysiology 36:333-8. 1999..impedance is modulated by events within the respiratory cycle, which represents a source of "noise" in impedance cardiography. Respiration itself, however, is a physiological rhythm of interest to psychophysiologists...
- Individualizing hypertension treatment with impedance cardiography: a meta-analysis of published trialsCarlos M Ferrario
Hypertension and Vascular Research Center, Wake Forest University Medical Center, Winston Salem, North Carolina, USA
Ther Adv Cardiovasc Dis 4:5-16. 2010..Individualization of antihypertensive regimens with hemodynamic information from impedance cardiography (ICG) has been advocated to further improve hypertension control rates...
- Impedance cardiography as a noninvasive technique for atrioventricular interval optimization in cardiac resynchronization therapyMartin U Braun
Medical Clinic II, Department of Internal Medicine and Cardiology, University of Technology Dresden, Fetscherstr 76, 01307, Dresden, Germany
J Interv Card Electrophysiol 13:223-9. 2005b>Impedance cardiography (IC) and Doppler echocardiography (DE) are two noninvasive methods to evaluate hemodynamics in patients with dual-chamber pacemakers...
- Impedance cardiography: a role in vasovagal syncope diagnosis?Steve W Parry
Institute for Ageing and Health, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE4 5PL, UK
Age Ageing 38:718-23. 2009..Alternative methods of diagnosing vasovagal syncope would thus be useful...
- Impedance cardiography-derived hemodynamic responses during baroreceptor testing with amyl nitrite and phenylephrine: a validity and reliability studyR A Nelesen
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Diego 92093 0804, USA
Psychophysiology 36:105-8. 1999..testing with phenylephrine (PE) and amyl nitrite (AN) provided an opportunity to evaluate the ability of impedance cardiography (IC) to track the rapid hemodynamic (HD) changes elicited by these drugs...
- Exercise training in patients with stable chronic heart failure: effects on thoracic impedance cardiography and B-type natriuretic peptideJohn A Butterfield
Biosite Inc, Kingswood, NSW, Australia
J Cardiopulm Rehabil Prev 28:33-7. 2008..This study investigated the utility of noninvasive hemodynamic monitoring and point-of-care BNP in a cardiac rehabilitation outpatient setting...
- Noninvasive hemodynamic profiles in hypertensive subjectsAbdelhammed I Abdelhammed
Hypertension and Vascular Disease Center, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27157 1032, USA
Am J Hypertens 18:51S-59S. 2005..The objective of this study was to use noninvasive impedance cardiography (ICG) to evaluate hemodynamic characteristics of subjects with and without hypertension.
- Equivalence of the bioimpedance and thermodilution methods in measuring cardiac output in hospitalized patients with advanced, decompensated chronic heart failureNancy M Albert
Division of Nursing, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Am J Crit Care 13:469-79. 2004..An accurate and reliable noninvasive method for determining cardiac output/cardiac index would be valuable for patients with acutely decompensated advanced systolic heart failure...
- Relationship between electrocardiographic RR and QT interval variabilities and indices of ventricular function in healthy subjectsM J Lewis
School of Human Sciences, Swansea University, Vivian Building, Singleton Park, Swansea SA2 8PP, UK
Physiol Meas 29:1-13. 2008..Traditional indices of ventricular function were determined beat to beat via impedance cardiography, and beat-to-beat blood pressure was recorded via photoplethysmography...
- Ethnic differences in the myocardial and vascular reactivity to stress in normotensive girlsJ M Dysart
Department of Pediatrics, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta 30912-3770
Am J Hypertens 7:15-22. 1994....
- Hemodynamic response to exercise as measured by the solar IKG impedance cardiography module and correlation with metabolic variablesStephan Ziegeler
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University of Saarland, 66421, Homburg Saar, Germany
J Clin Monit Comput 21:13-20. 2007b>Impedance Cardiography (ICG) has been shown to be a feasible and accurate method for non-invasive measurement of cardiac index (CI)...
- Continuous monitoring of cardiac output from TCG signalsD B Keenan
VivoMetrics, Inc, 121 N Fir Street, Ventura, CA 93001, USA
Biomed Sci Instrum 40:343-9. 2004..The results show that increases and decreases in SV and CO can be measured over time...
- Impaired central hemodynamic response and exaggerated vasoconstriction during muscle metaboreflex activation in heart failure patientsAntonio Crisafulli
Department of Science Applied to Biological Systems, University of Cagliari, Via Porcell 4, 09124 Cagliari, Italy
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 292:H2988-96. 2007..postexercise ischemia was assessed in nine patients with CHF and nine healthy controls (CTL) by means of impedance cardiography. The main results were that 1) the blood pressure rise due to the metaboreflex was similar in the two ..
- Squat-stand test response following 10 consecutive episodes of head-up tiltNarelle M Berry
Aerospace Physiology Laboratory, RMIT University, Bundoora, Victoria, Australia
Aviat Space Environ Med 77:1125-30. 2006..This study aimed to investigate if the cardiovascular adaptation observed following 10 +75 degrees head-up tilts (HUT) would improve the responses to the squat-stand test (SST)...
- Accurate, noninvasive continuous monitoring of cardiac output by whole-body electrical bioimpedanceGad Cotter
Cardiology Department, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Zerifin, Israel
Chest 125:1431-40. 2004..The aim of the present study was to test the validity of this noninvasive cardiac output system/monitor (NICO) in a cohort of cardiac patients...
- Impedance cardiography for aortic balloon counterpulsation impact assessment on patients hemodynamics during acute myocardial infarctionJulija Brazdzionyte
Department of Cardiology, Kaunas University of Medicine, Eiveniu 2, 50009 Kaunas, Lithuania
Medicina (Kaunas) 42:904-13. 2006..The objective of the study was to evaluate the possibility of applying noninvasive methods for evaluation of hemodynamics during acute myocardial infarction complicated by cardiogenic shock and managed by intra-aortic balloon pumping...
- Where to B in dZ/dtDavid L Lozano
The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, USA
Psychophysiology 44:113-9. 2007..This relation affords a rapid approximation to B point measurement that, in noisy or degraded signals, is superior to visual B point identification and to a derivative-based estimate...
- Measurement of exercise cardiac output by thoracic impedance in healthy childrenPaul T Pianosi
Department of Pediatrics, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Canada
Eur J Appl Physiol 92:425-30. 2004The purpose of this study was to track changes in stroke volume during exercise by impedance cardiography in order to validate the method, and to obtain such data in a large number of healthy children for reference purposes...
- Non-invasive monitoring of hemodynamic changes during hemodialysis by the use of a newly developed admittance cardiographMasayoshi Yoshii
Department of Hypertension and Cardiorenal Medicine, Dokkyo University School of Medicine, Mibu, Tochigi, Japan
Ther Apher Dial 9:154-60. 2005..The admittance cardiograph seems to be one of the best options for serial measurements of cardiac output...
- Haemodynamic changes during positive-pressure ventilation in childrenA Kardos
Paediatric Intensive Care Unit, Heim Pal Children s Hospital, Ullöi Str 89, 1086 Budapest, Hungary
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 49:649-53. 2005Positive-pressure ventilation may alter cardiac function. Our objective was to determine with the use of impedance cardiography (ICG) whether altering airway pressure modifies the central haemodynamics in mechanically ventilated children ..
- [Measurement of cardiac output]D A Reuter
Klinik und Poliklinik für Anästhesiologie, Universitätskrankenhaus Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg
Anaesthesist 54:1135-51; quiz 1152-3. 2005..The aim of this review is to provide background information on these alternative methods and to discuss the individual advantages and disadvantages of each method in the context of their clinical applicability...
- Hemodynamic and pulmonary fluid status in the trauma patient: are we slipping?William N Veale
Department of Surgery, Mercer University School of Medicine, Medical Center of Central Georgia, Macon, Georgia 31201, USA
Am Surg 71:621-5; discussion 625-6. 2005..thoracic fluid content (TFC) were made in 68 acute trauma cases and compared to the results obtained with impedance cardiography (ICG)...
- Cardiodynamic monitoring during laparoscopic cholecystectomyAhmed A Turkistani
Department of Anesthesia, College of Medicine, King Saud University, Riyadh 11461, KSA
Middle East J Anaesthesiol 18:435-9. 2005..05). The study showed, transient cardiac depression immediately after PPM with partial recovery after ten min, which was associated with increase in MAP...
- Impaired myocardial function in newly onset type 2 diabetes associates with arterial stiffnessAntti Loimaala
Clinical Physiology and Nuclear Medicine, Seinajoki Central Hospital, Hanneksenrinne 7, 60220 Seinajoki, Finland
Eur J Echocardiogr 7:341-7. 2006..using pulsed and color-coded tissue Doppler imaging (TDI) and vascular wall elasticity using whole-body impedance cardiography (ICG) in patients with newly diagnosed Type 2 diabetes mellitus (DM2), and to compare the measurements ..
- Impedance cardiography: a potential monitor for hemodialysisJulie L Wynne
Department of Surgery, Mercer University School of Medicine at the Medical Center of Central Georgia, Macon, GA 31201, USA
J Surg Res 133:55-60. 2006b>Impedance cardiography (ICG) technology has improved dramatically, and at least one device now can give a measurement of fluid status by using thoracic fluid content (TFC), along with cardiac output (CO) and cardiac index (CI)...
- Hemodynamic profile during laparoscopic cholecystectomy versus laparoscopic bariatric surgery--the impact of morbid obesityAbdelazeem Ali El-Dawlatly
Department of Anesthesia, College of Medicine, King Saud University, Riyadh 11461, P O Box 2925, Saudia Arabia
Middle East J Anaesthesiol 18:733-42. 2006The present study investigated the hemodynamic profile using impedance cardiography (ICG) monitor during pneumoperitoneum for laparoscopic cholecystectomy versus bariatric surgery in order to determine the impact of body weight on ..
- Transthoracic electrical bioimpedance: a non-invasive technique for the evaluation of the haemodynamic alterations in patients with liver cirrhosisF Dazzani
Department of Internal Medicine and Hepatology, Alma Mater Studiorum University of Bologna, 40138 Bologna, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 37:786-92. 2005..We, therefore, aimed to compare transthoracic electrical bioimpedance and echocardiography in the assessment of haemodynamic status in cirrhotic patients...
- Comparison of impedance cardiography and thermodilution-derived measurements of stroke volume and cardiac output at rest and during exercise testingA Scherhag
I Medical Clinic, University Hospital Mannheim, Faculty of Clinical Medicine Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, D 68135 Mannheim, Germany
Cardiovasc Drugs Ther 19:141-7. 2005..Non-invasive evaluation of haemodynamic variables remains a preferable and attractive option in both pharmacologic research and clinical cardiology...
- Intra-aortic balloon pumping in acute mitral regurgitation reduces aortic impedance and regurgitant fractionAndre L A J Dekker
Departments of Cardio Thoracic Surgery and Cardiology, Cardiovascular Research Institute Maastricht, Academic Hospital, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Shock 19:334-8. 2003..P = 0.028). Average MR dropped by 7.5% (P = 0.025). In conclusion, application of the IABP during acute MR lowers aortic impedance, resulting in less MR and more output toward the aorta without changing left ventricular function...
- Impedance cardiography: noninvasive assessment of hemodynamics and thoracic fluid content during bariatric surgeryAbdelazeem El-Dawlatly
Department of Anesthesia, King Khalid University Hospital, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Obes Surg 15:655-8. 2005The effects of pneumoperitoneum (ppm) on hemodynamic parameters during bariatric surgery were investigated using the impedance cardiography monitor.
- The effect of peripheral resistance on impedance cardiography measurements in the anesthetized dogLester A H Critchley
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, Hong Kong, China
Anesth Analg 100:1708-12. 2005..The bias changed by 0.62 +/- 1.8 L/min, or by 34%, every time TPR halved or doubled. This finding explains the poor agreement between COIC and other methods of CO measurement found in validation studies involving critically ill patients...
- Modulation of cardiac contractility by muscle metaboreflex following efforts of different intensities in humansAntonio Crisafulli
Dept of Science Applied to Biological Systems, University of Cagliari, 09124 Cagliari, Italy
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 291:H3035-42. 2006..Central hemodynamics were evaluated by means of impedance cardiography. The main findings were that 1) during metaboreflex, exercise conducted against the higher workload caused ..
- Morbidly obese patients are hemodynamically stable during laparoscopic surgery: a thoracic bioimpedance studyYoela Aloni
Department of Surgery B, The Edith Wolfson Medical Center, Holon, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv, Israel
J Clin Monit Comput 20:261-6. 2006..Based on clinical observation, we hypothesized that during laparoscopic surgery, morbidly obese patients behave hemodynamically similar to the nonobese patients and remain hemodynamically stable...
- Clonidine lowers blood pressure by reducing vascular resistance and cardiac output in young, healthy malesAnna Mitchell
Department of Nephrology, University of Essen, Hufelandstrasse 55, 45122, Essen, Germany
Cardiovasc Drugs Ther 19:49-55. 2005....
- [Tilt-table-testing in childhood: non-invasive, continuous hemodynamic monitoring]R DallaPozza
Abteilung für Pädiatrische Kardiologie der Ludwig Maximilians Universität München
Klin Padiatr 219:225-9. 2007..Two methods of continuous, non-invasive hemodynamic monitoring during the tilt table test are presented and their usefulness for clinical routine is discussed...
- Trendelenburg positioning does not prevent a decrease in cardiac output after induction of anaesthesia with propofol in childrenA Kardos
Paediatric Intensive Care Unit, Heim Pal Children s Hospital, Ullöi Str 89, 1086 Budapest, Hungary
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 50:869-74. 2006..The objective of this randomized single centre study was to determine, with the use of impedance cardiography (ICG), whether Trendelenburg positioning modifies the haemodynamic response to propofol/fentanyl induction ..
- The effect of obesity on bioimpedance cardiac indexCarlos V R Brown
Department of Surgery, Division of Trauma and Critical Care, University of Southern California and the Los Angeles County Medical Center, 1200 North State St, Room 9900, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Am J Surg 189:547-50; discussion 550-1. 2005..However, it is unclear if this technique can be used reliably in critically injured obese patients because of increased body habitus and chest wall mass...
- Comparison of impedance cardiography to direct Fick and thermodilution cardiac output determination in pulmonary arterial hypertensionGordon L Yung
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of California San Diego Medical Center, San Diego, CA 92103 8373, USA
Congest Heart Fail 10:7-10. 2004..The latest generation of impedance cardiography (ICG) provides noninvasive estimation of CO and is now validated...
- Haemodynamic effect of metaboreflex activation in men after running above and below the velocity of the anaerobic thresholdAntonio Crisafulli
Department of Science Applied to Biological Systems, Section of Human Physiology, University of Cagliari, Via Porcell 4, 09124 Cagliari, Italy
Exp Physiol 93:447-57. 2008..Haemodynamics were evaluated by means of impedance cardiography. The main results were that: (1) the PEMI-AV(AT) test induced an increase in stroke volume, which was not ..
- Human cardiovascular dose-response to supplemental oxygenZ Bak
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care, and Departments of Hand and Plastic Surgery and Burn Intensive Care, University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
Acta Physiol (Oxf) 191:15-24. 2007..We hypothesized a dose-related effect of hyperoxaemia on left ventricular performance and the vascular properties of the arterial tree...
- Hemodynamic profile during laparoscopic cholecystectomy versus laparoscopic bariatric surgery: the impact of morbid obesityAbdelazeem Ali El-Dawlatly
Department of Anesthesia, College of Medicine, King Saud University, Riyadh 11461 P O Box 2925, Saudi Arabia
Middle East J Anaesthesiol 19:51-60. 2007The present study investigated the hemodynamic profile using impedance cardiography (ICG) monitor during pneumoperitoneum for laparoscopic cholecystectomy versus bariatric surgery in order to determine the impact of body weight on ..
- Nongenomic cardiovascular effects of triiodothyronine in euthyroid male volunteersBernhard M W Schmidt
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, University Hospital of Mannheim, Faculty for Clinical Medicine Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, Mannheim, Germany
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:1681-6. 2002..After pretreatment with esmolol, the effects on SVR and LF/HF ratio were reversed. Our data show, for the first time, nongenomic cardiovascular effects of T(3) in humans...
- Descending aortic flow contribution to intrathoracic impedance-development and preliminary testing of a dual impedance modelA Barry Baker
Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
J Clin Monit Comput 22:11-22. 2008..Our objective is to demonstrate that there is valuable aortic flow information available from an intrathoracic impedance signal which may eventually be useful in the measurement of cardiac output by impedance technology...
- Effects of normobaric hyperoxia on haemodynamic parameters of healthy full-term parturientsK N Litchfield
Southern General Hospital, Department of Anaesthesia, 1345 Govan Road, Glasgow G51 4TF, UK
Anaesthesia 62:931-5. 2007..This study demonstrates that even a moderate increase in inspired oxygen fraction has significant effects on the cardiovascular system of the term parturient...
- Ethnic differences in the hemodynamic mechanisms of ambulatory blood pressure regulationAndrew Sherwood
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Am J Hypertens 16:270-3. 2003..However, ethnic differences in ambulatory blood pressure (ABP) regulation have not been examined...
- Electrical velocimetry for measuring cardiac output in children with congenital heart diseaseK Norozi
Department of Pediatric Cardiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Medical School Hannover, OE 6730, Carl Neuberg Str 1, 30623 Hannover, Germany
Br J Anaesth 100:88-94. 2008....
- Muscle metaboreflex-induced increases in stroke volumeAntonio Crisafulli
Interdepartmental Centre of Technologies and Environments Related to Sport, University of Cagliari, Cagliari, Italy
Med Sci Sports Exerc 35:221-8; discussion 229. 2003..The aim of this study was to evaluate changes in central hemodynamics occurring during the metaboreflex activation...
- Non-invasive measurement of cardiac output in patients with chronic heart failureStephen J Leslie
Department of Medical Sciences, The University of Edinburgh, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, Scotland, UK
Blood Press Monit 9:277-80. 2004..The current study aimed to compare thoracic bioimpedance (COTB) with thermodilution (COTD) in patients with stable chronic heart failure...
- Noninvasive monitoring of cardiac output in human neonates and juvenile piglets by inductance cardiography (thoracocardiography)Konrad E Bloch
PulmoDepartment of Internal Medicine, University Hospital of Zurich, Switzerland
J Crit Care 17:259-66. 2002..The purpose of this study was to investigate the potential of thoracocardiography to monitor cardiac output in human neonates and in a small animal model, the juvenile piglet...
- Multicenter evaluation of noninvasive cardiac output measurement by bioreactance techniqueNirav Y Raval
Atlanta Cardiology Group, 5665 Peachtree Dunwoody Road, Suite 172, Atlanta, GA 30342, USA
J Clin Monit Comput 22:113-9. 2008..We evaluated NICOM compared to thermo- dilution (TD) in several clinical settings...
- Investigation of various types of neurocardiogenic response to head-up tilting by extended hemodynamic and neurohumoral monitoringLorenz Nowak
Staedtisches Klinikum Muenchen GmbH, Klinikum Bogenhausen, Department of Cardiology and Intensive Care Unit, Munich, Germany
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 30:623-30. 2007..This study aim was to analyze whether extended monitoring during tilt-table testing provided additional information on the hemodynamic and vegetative state prior to neurocardiogenic syncope...
- Non-invasive cardiac output monitoringD A Hett
Southampton General Hospital, Southampton SO16 6YD, UK
Intensive Crit Care Nurs 20:103-8. 2004..In this review we consider the different non-invasive techniques available and discuss the advantages and disadvantages of each technique...
- The relationship between fatigue and cardiac functioningRichard Nelesen
Department of Psychiatry, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0804, USA
Arch Intern Med 168:943-9. 2008..This study examined the relationship between self-reported fatigue and hemodynamic functioning at rest and in response to a public speaking stressor in healthy individuals...
- Bernstein-Osypka stroke volume equation for impedance cardiography: citation correctionDonald P Bernstein
Intensive Care Med 33:923. 2007
- Short-term postural reflexes in diabetic patients with autonomic dysfunctionY Zhang
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong, China
Diabetologia 47:304-11. 2004..We investigated whether a detailed analysis of postural reflexes of patients during short-term head-up tilting and standing erect (both for 3 min) would provide useful clinical data...
- Cardiovascular reactivity to mental arithmetic and cold pressorin African Americans, Caribbean Americans, and white AmericansCarlotta M Arthur
Harvard School of Public Health, USA
Ann Behav Med 27:31-7. 2004..Caribbean Americans and African Americans, two of the largest Black ethnic groups in the United States, differ in cardiovascular-disease-related mortality rates...
- Non-invasive assessment of cardiac output during exercise in healthy young humans: comparison between Modelflow method and Doppler echocardiography methodJ Sugawara
Institute for Human Science and Biomedical Engineering, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology AIST, Namiki, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Acta Physiol Scand 179:361-6. 2003..We tested the reliability of a non-invasive cardiac output estimation during submaximal exercise using the Modelflow method from finger arterial pressure waveforms collected by Portapres in healthy young humans...
- Comparison of cardiovascular function during the early hours of bed rest and space flightC M Lathers
NASA Johnson Space Center, Space Biomedical Research Institute, Houston, Texas
J Clin Pharmacol 34:489-99. 1994..Thoracic fluid index, cardiac output, stroke volume, and peak flow were measured using impedance cardiography. Cardiac dimensions and volumes were determined from two-dimensional guided M-mode echocardiograms in the ..
- Reduced systemic vascular resistance in healthy volunteers with presyncopal symptoms during a nitrate-stimulated tilt-table testAnna Tahvanainen
Department of Internal Medicine, Tampere School of Public Health, University of Tampere, Tampere, Finland
Br J Clin Pharmacol 71:41-51. 2011..The purpose of the present study was to compare the underlying haemodynamic mechanisms in subjects without and with presyncopal symptoms during a nitroglycerin-stimulated tilt-table test...
- Cardiovascular regulation during water immersionK S Park
Diving Science Institute, Kosin Medical College
Appl Human Sci 18:233-41. 1999..and to explore the significance of the hyperperfusion, cardiovascular functions were investigated (impedance cardiography) on 10 men at rest and while performing exercise on a leg cycle ergometer (delta M = approximately 95 W...
- Central hypervolemia with hemodilution impairs dynamic cerebral autoregulationYojiro Ogawa
Department of Hygiene and Space Medicine, Nihon University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Anesth Analg 105:1389-96, table of contents. 2007..However, the effect of dynamic cerebral autoregulation has not been studied during acute wide-ranging changes in central blood volume, especially with respect to central hypervolemia with hemodilution...
- Haemodynamic changes following treatment of subclinical and overt hyperthyroidismJ Faber
Department of Endocrinology E, Frederiksberg Hospital, DK 2000, Denmark
Eur J Endocrinol 145:391-6. 2001..We measured haemodynamic changes (using impedance cardiography) in subjects with endogenous subclinical hyperthyroidism in order to elucidate whether these patients had ..
- Effects of a mononitrate, a beta1-blocker and a dihydropyridine calcium channel blocker on cardiovascular responsiveness to passive orthostasis: a placebo-controlled double-blind study in normotensive volunteersRitva Ylitalo
Department of Pharmacological Sciences, University of Tampere Medical School, Tampere, Finland
Arzneimittelforschung 55:160-6. 2005..The aim of this study was to compare the influences of antianginal drugs such as mononitrate, beta-blocker and calcium channel blocker on cardiovascular responsiveness to orthostasis...
- Sensitivity to orthostatic stress and beta-receptor activation in patients with isoproterenol-induced vasovagal syncope: a case controlled studyW K Shen
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases and Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 22:615-25. 1999..total peripheral resistance [TPR]) were detected noninvasively by volume clamp photoplethysmography and impedance cardiography. Patients and controls had similar cardiomotor and vasomotor responses during passive tilt and during ..
- Orthostatic challenge reveals impaired vascular resistance control, but normal venous pooling and capillary filtration in familial dysautonomiaClive M Brown
Autonomic Laboratory, Department of Neurology, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Schwabachanlage 6, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Clin Sci (Lond) 104:163-9. 2003..Measurements of heart rate, blood pressure, cardiac stroke volume and cardiac output (CO), by impedance cardiography, and calf-volume changes, by impedance plethysmography, were taken from nine FD patients and 11 control ..
- Ephedrine fails to accelerate the onset of neuromuscular block by vecuroniumRyu Komatsu
Department of Anesthesiology, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Anesth Analg 97:480-3, table of contents. 2003..1 mg/kg of vecuronium. Cardiac output was monitored with impedance cardiography. Ephedrine, but not saline, increased cardiac index (17%; P = 0.003)...
- Cardiovascular Effects of Ultrafine Particles in Genetically Susceptible SubjectsMark W Frampton; Fiscal Year: 2010..Cardiac function will be assessed noninvasively using impedance cardiography (ICG). Airway inflammation will be assessed by measuring pulmonary NO exchange...
- Stress and PTSD Among OEF/OIF Soldiers &Their SpousesCatherine M Caska; Fiscal Year: 2012..We will also evaluate possible physiological determinants of these cardiovascular responses, using impedance cardiography methodology...
- Physiological reactivity to acute stress during pregnancyLISA MICHELLE CHRISTIAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..assess physiological reactivity during pregnancy versus nonpregnancy, including measures of inflammation, impedance cardiography, and glucocorticoid receptor function...
- Clinical Pharmacology of 3,4-Methylenedioxy AmphetaminesJohn E Mendelson; Fiscal Year: 2010..PD effects are measured non-invasively with trans-thoracic 2-dimensional echocardiography and impedance cardiography. We have an active IND for the human study of MDMA and are well experienced with administration of safe ..
- INTERACTION OF CARDIOVASCULAR REFLEXES IN EXERCISEGary Mack; Fiscal Year: 1992..will also monitor the following efferent responses as outputs from the regulatory centers: cardiac output (impedance cardiography or CO2 rebreathing), heart rate, and forearm blood flow (FBF)...
- HOSTILITY, MARITAL INTERACTION AND HEALTH IN AGINGTimothy Smith; Fiscal Year: 2004..Psychophysiological reactivity will be examined via blood pressure, heart rate, and impedance cardiography during the two tasks...
- ESTROGEN AND EXERCISE--VASCULAR BENEFITS AFTER MENOPAUSEKIMBERLY BROWNLEY; Fiscal Year: 2004..Pre- and post-treatment assessments will include: 1) impedance cardiography measures of hemodynamic responses to laboratory challenge, 2) 24-hour ambulatory BP and impedance ..
- CAFFEINE INFLUENCES ON EXERCISE AND PSYCHOLOGICAL STRESSWilliam Lovallo; Fiscal Year: 2004..Cardiovascular variables are blood pressure and hemodynamic and cardiodynamic measures taken using impedance cardiography and echocardiography...
- STRESS AND BLOOD PRESSURE--LAB AND NATURAL SETTINGSDavid Shapiro; Fiscal Year: 1991..systolic and diastolic pressure, heart rate, skin conductance, and cardiac and flow measures using impedance cardiography. This project should provide "normative" data on blood pressure level and variability relevant to the use ..
- EFFECT OF DEPRESSIVE EMOTIONS ON AIRWAYS IN ASTHMABruce Miller; Fiscal Year: 2003..differentiate sympathetic (SNS) from parasympathetic (PNS) modulation of the cardio-respiratory system: 1) impedance cardiography (PEP) for SNS, respiratory sin us arrhythmia (RSA) for PNS; 2) and Power Spectral Analysis (PSA) of heart ..
- PREDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIPS FOR STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIESRebecca Campo; Fiscal Year: 2007..model of social support, will examine patterns of cardiovascular reactivity and recovery, via impedance cardiography, across different stressors, as well as positive affective states as psychological mediators...
- NICOTINE WITHDRAWAL & RESPONSES TO PSYCHOLOGICAL STRESSMUSTAFA AL ABSI; Fiscal Year: 2000..we will also monitor heart rate, systolic and diastolic blood pressure, and measure stroke volume using impedance cardiography. Calculated valuables will include cardiac output, systemic vascular resistance, and rate-pressure product...
- Genetics of Cardiovascular Reactivity in Black YouthBruce Alpert; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will use impedance cardiography and BP monitoring to assess components of CVR to stress during video game, mental arithmetic, cold pressor,..
- HEMODYNAMICS OF CV REACTIVITY IN BLACK OR WHITE YOUTHBruce Alpert; Fiscal Year: 1999..By the use of impedance cardiography in conjunction with BP measurement, this study seeks to define whether blacks differ from whites with ..
- ATHEROGENESIS AND THE BONE MARROW ANGIOTENSIN SYSTEMCarlos Ferrario; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed research will uncover novel mechanisms of atherogenesis that may have significant impact in the development of new therapeutic modalities applicable to cardiovascular and blood vessel diseases. ..
- Self-Focused Attention and Nonconscious Self-EvaluationPAUL SILVIA; Fiscal Year: 2005..Examining the cognitive processes that give rise to automatic self-evaluation will enhance psychology's understanding of how to prevent, treat, and regulate maladaptive and self-defeating patterns of thought. ..
- Development of Respiratory and Laryngeal CoordinationKevin Reilly; Fiscal Year: 2003..Specific differences in chest wall motion for f0 and intensity modulation will also be evaluated. ..
- Chicago Endothelial Function StudyLouise C Hawkley; Fiscal Year: 2010..11/07) Page. Form Page 4 ..
- Stress Responses, Psychosocial Stress and Pain Perception in African AmericansSusan S Girdler; Fiscal Year: 2010..This proposal is intended to forge new territory in the development of a bio-behavioral model relating to the development of clinical pain in African Americans. Project Description ..
- Nanoscale approaches to allelic silencing in myocardial disease statesEuan Ashley; Fiscal Year: 2009..This familial condition where the heart grows too thick is the most common cause of sudden death in young people and athletes. ..
- HYPERTENSION, COGNITION, AND THE BRAIN IN OLDER ADULTSSHARI WALDSTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Catastrophizing and Pain in Rheumatoid ArthritisRobert Edwards; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Impact of LifeSkills Training on Blood Pressure in YouthVernon Barnes; Fiscal Year: 2008..This project has the potential to significantly impact cardiovascular disease by reducing blood pressure in youth. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Individual Differences in Pain Modulation as Predictors of Post-Surgical PainRobert Edwards; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Inflammation & Prognosis in Decompensated Heart FailureGARY FELKER; Fiscal Year: 2008..Felker's development into an established independent clinical investigator with expertise in both complex clinical research methodology and the role of inflammation in the pathophysiology of heart failure. ..
- Changes in Functional Status Across Therapy for Primary GliomaLee Jones; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Sensorimotor Learning and Control in SpeechKevin Reilly; Fiscal Year: 2006..1995; 1998; in press). Experimental results will be compared to computer simulations of model's learning processes, and any discrepancies between the model and data will be used to guide revisions of the model. ..
- Home Automatic external Defibrillator TrainingThomas Rea; Fiscal Year: 2007..Alternatively, if nominal video-based approaches achieve comparable outcomes, training efforts can be streamlined at considerable cost savings with fewer impediments for distribution and dissemination. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Effects of lung water on mechanics and blood flowAngela Henderson; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PRENATAL PCB EXPOSURE AND ACUTE STRESS REACTIVITYBrooks Gump; Fiscal Year: 2003..g., cognitive functioning). ..