Summary: Monitoring of fetal heart frequency before birth in order to assess impending prematurity in relation to the pattern or intensity of antepartum UTERINE CONTRACTION.
Publications212 found, 100 shown here
- [The relationship between intrapartum fetal heart rate disturbances, electrocardiographic changes and umbilical venous troponin-I (T-I)]Maciej Zietek
Kliniki Patologii Ciazy i Porodu PAM w Szczecinie
Ginekol Pol 74:650-5. 2003..To analyse the relationship between intrapartum fetal heart rate disturbances and electrocardiographic changes and umbilical venous troponin-I (T-I), concentrations as well...
- STAN S21 fetal heart monitor for fetal surveillance during labor: an observational study in 637 patientsA Kwee
Dept of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Medical Center Utrecht, Linflaan 6, 3584 EA Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 15:400-7. 2004To assess the value of the STAN fetal heart monitor for intrapartum fetal monitoring using cardiotocography (CTG) and fetal electrocardiography (ECG).
- Decreased fetal movements: background, assessment, and clinical managementAnette G Olesen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Glostrup University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 83:818-26. 2004..However, the benefit of this intervention has not been definitely proven. Cardiotocography, umbilical/uterine artery Doppler velocimetry, and ultrasonography have been used for antepartum fetal ..
- Predicting the risk of metabolic acidosis for newborns based on fetal heart rate signal classification using support vector machinesGeorge Georgoulas
Laboratory for Automation and Robotics, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Patras, Rion 26500, Greece
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 53:875-84. 2006b>Cardiotocography is the main method used for fetal assessment in every day clinical practice for the last 30 years...
- Sensitivity and specificity of intrapartum computerised FIGO criteria for cardiotocography and fetal scalp pH during labour: multicentre, observational studyS Schiermeier
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University Witten Herdecke, Marien Hospital, Witten, Germany
BJOG 115:1557-63. 2008To identify sensitivity and specificity of computerised cardiotocography (CTG) analysis for fetal acidosis during delivery.
- Comparison of entropy-based regularity estimators: application to the fetal heart rate signal for the identification of fetal distressManuela Ferrario
Dipartimento di Bioingegneria, University Politecnico di Milano, Italy
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 53:119-25. 2006..Furthermore, our data shows that the MSE entropy values are reliable indicators of the fetal distress associated with the presence of a pathological condition at birth...
- Complexity analysis of the fetal heart rate variability: early identification of severe intrauterine growth-restricted fetusesManuela Ferrario
Department of Bioengineering, Politecnico di Milano, P zza Leonardo da Vinci 32, 20133 Milan, Italy
Med Biol Eng Comput 47:911-9. 2009..The results show that the proposed LZC and the MSE could be useful to identify the actual IUGRs and to separate them from the physiological fetuses, providing good values of sensitivity and accuracy (Se = 77.8%, Ac = 82.4%)...
- Linear and nonlinear parameters for the analysis of fetal heart rate signal from cardiotocographic recordingsMaria G Signorini
Dipartimento di Bioingegneria, University Politecnico di Milan, 20133 Milano, Italy
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 50:365-74. 2003Antepartum fetal monitoring based on the classical cardiotocography (CTG) is a noninvasive and simple tool for checking fetal status...
- Continuous cardiotocography (CTG) as a form of electronic fetal monitoring (EFM) for fetal assessment during labourZ Alfirevic
University of Liverpool, Division of Perinatal and Reproductive Medicine, First Floor, Liverpool Women s NHS Foundation Trust, Crown Street, Liverpool, UK L8 7SS
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 3:CD006066. 2006b>Cardiotocography (sometimes known as electronic fetal monitoring), records changes in the fetal heart rate and their temporal relationship to uterine contractions...
- SisPorto 2.0: a program for automated analysis of cardiotocogramsD Ayres-de Campos
Departamento de Ginecologia e Obstetricia, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade do Porto, Portugal
J Matern Fetal Med 9:311-8. 2000....
- Cardiotocography only versus cardiotocography plus ST analysis of fetal electrocardiogram for intrapartum fetal monitoring: a Swedish randomised controlled trialI Amer-Wahlin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University Hospital Lund, Lund, Sweden
Lancet 358:534-8. 2001..We did a multicentre randomised controlled trial to test the hypothesis that intrapartum monitoring with cardiotocography combined with automatic ST-waveform analysis results in an improved perinatal outcome compared with ..
- Omniview-SisPorto 3.5 - a central fetal monitoring station with online alerts based on computerized cardiotocogram+ST event analysisDiogo Ayres-de-Campos
Hospital de S Joao Faculdade de Medicina do Porto, Universidade do Porto, Portugal
J Perinat Med 36:260-4. 2008..The system is currently undergoing extensive clinical evaluation...
- A comparison of intrapartum automated fetal electrocardiography and conventional cardiotocography--a randomised controlled studyK Ojala
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Oulu University Hospital, Oulu, Finland
BJOG 113:419-23. 2006..monitoring by means of automatic ST analysis (STAN) of fetal electrocardiography could reduce the rate of neonatal acidemia and the rate of operative intervention during labour, compared with monitoring by means of cardiotocography (CTG).
- Admission cardiotocography versus intermittent auscultation of fetal heart rate: effects on neonatal Apgar score, on the rate of caesarean sections and on the rate of instrumental delivery--a systematic reviewKleanthi Gourounti
Department of Midwifery, Technological Educational Institution, Athens, Greece
Int J Nurs Stud 44:1029-35. 2007The aim of this review was to determine whether intrapartum admission cardiotocography (CTG) in women at low obstetric risk can improve neonatal outcome (in terms of Apgar score) and whether it is associated with an increase in the ..
- Linear and nonlinear analysis of heart rate patterns associated with fetal behavioral states in the antepartum periodHernâni Gonçalves
Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Ciencias, Departamento de Matematica Aplicada, Rua do Campo Alegre 687, 4169 007 Porto, Portugal
Early Hum Dev 83:585-91. 2007..Fetal behavioral states are important indicators of fetal physiology and pathology associated to typical fetal heart rate (FHR) patterns...
- Analysis of 127 peripartum hypoxic brain injuries from closed claims registered by the Danish Patient Insurance AssociationLars Dahlgaard Hove
Department of Anaesthesia, Rigshospitalet, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 87:72-5. 2008..The authors investigated the circumstances of registered peripartum hypoxic brain injuries in order to identify potential opportunities to improve patient safety and prevent injuries...
- A randomised clinical trial on cardiotocography plus fetal blood sampling versus cardiotocography plus ST-analysis of the fetal electrocardiogram (STAN) for intrapartum monitoringMichelle E M H Westerhuis
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University Medical Center Utrecht, The Netherlands
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 7:13. 2007b>Cardiotocography (CTG) is worldwide the method for fetal surveillance during labour...
- Cardiotocography only versus cardiotocography plus PR-interval analysis in intrapartum surveillance: a randomised, multicentre trial. FECG Study GroupB K Strachan
Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham, UK
Lancet 355:456-9. 2000..We compared the gold standard, cardiotocography, with cardiotocography plus time-interval analysis of the fetal electrocardiogram in fetal surveillance...
- A comparative study of a new cardiotocography analysis programChen Yu Chen
Institute of Biomedical Engineering, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2009:2567-70. 2009b>Cardiotocography (CTG) is a frequently used technique of fetal monitoring to evaluate the well being of the fetus during pregnancy and in labor...
- Intra- and interobserver variability of intrapartum cardiotocography: a multicenter study comparing the FIGO classification with computer analysis softwareS Schiermeier
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Marien Hospital Witten, Teaching hospital of the Ruhr University Bochum, Witten Herdecke University, Marienplatz 2, Witten, Germany
Gynecol Obstet Invest 72:169-73. 2011..To evaluate and compare the computer analyzing software system with subjective interpretation using the FIGO classification of intrapartum cardiotocograms...
- Swedish randomized controlled trial of cardiotocography only versus cardiotocography plus ST analysis of fetal electrocardiogram revisited: analysis of data according to standard versus modified intention-to-treat principleIsis Amer-Wahlin
Department of Women and Child Health, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 90:990-6. 2011..data from the previously published Swedish randomized controlled trial on intrapartum fetal monitoring with cardiotocography (CTG-only) vs...
- Regional and international prenatal telemedicine network for computerized antepartum cardiotocographyAndrea Di Lieto
University Federico II, Naples, Italy
Telemed J E Health 14:49-54. 2008..The TOCOMAT system allowed a decentralization of prenatal surveillance and improved the patients quality of life and the level of prenatal care...
- Fetal heart rate variability due to vibroacoustic stimulation: linear and nonlinear contributionG Magenes
Dipartimento di Informatica e Sistemistica, Via Ferrata 1, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Methods Inf Med 43:47-51. 2004..This work aims at characterizing the variation of fetal heart rate (FHR) provoked by vibroacoustic stimulation (VAS). The FHR signal is analyzed by means of a multiparametric approach consisting of linear and nonlinear indices...
- The limits of agreement and the intraclass correlation coefficient may be inconsistent in the interpretation of agreementCristina Costa-Santos
Biostatistics and Medical Informatics Department, Faculty of Medicine, University of Porto, Porto, Portugal
J Clin Epidemiol 64:264-9. 2011..To compare the interpretation of agreement in the prediction of neonatal outcome variables, using the limits of agreement (LA) and the intraclass correlation coefficient (ICC)...
- Fetal pulse oximetry: correlation with intrapartum fetal heart rate patterns and neonatal outcomeArzu Tekin
Kocaeli University, School of Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Kocaeli, Turkey
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 34:824-31. 2008..To determine how fetal pulse oximetry behaves in various cardiotocographic (CTG) tracings and correlates with neonatal outcome...
- Beat-to-beat detection of fetal heart rate: Doppler ultrasound cardiotocography compared to direct ECG cardiotocography in time and frequency domainChris H L Peters
Department of Medical Physics, Maxima Medical Centre, Veldhoven, The Netherlands
Physiol Meas 25:585-93. 2004..991 (p < 0.001)). Based on these findings, it can be concluded that the developed algorithm provides a valuable tool for obtaining power spectral information on the fetal heart rate in stages of pregnancy earlier than labor...
- The application of empirical mode decomposition for the enhancement of cardiotocograph signalsB N Krupa
Department of Electrical Electronic and Systems Engineering, University Kebangsaan Malaysia, Bangi, Malaysia
Physiol Meas 30:729-43. 2009..Three obstetricians evaluated all 12 sets of traces and rated the proposed method, on average, 3.8 out of 5 on a scale of 1(lowest) to 5 (highest)...
- Neural networks for recognizing patterns in cardiotocogramsC Ulbricht
Austrian Research Institute for Artificial Intelligence, Vienna
Artif Intell Med 12:271-84. 1998..In a comparative study, their performance was evaluated against that of conventional methods. The neural networks turned out to provide significantly better results than the tested conventional methods...
- Prevention of birth asphyxia: responding appropriately to cardiotocograph (CTG) tracesEdwin Chandraharan
St George s Healthcare NHS Trust, London, UK
Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 21:609-24. 2007..Considering the wider clinical picture in interpreting the CTG, and taking timely and appropriate action based on the findings, may help prevent birth asphyxia...
- Antenatal fetal surveillancePeter Malcus
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital Lund, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 16:123-8. 2004..However, high-risk patients benefit from antenatal fetal surveillance, especially women with pregnancy problems associated with intrauterine growth restriction...
- Comparison of a computer system evaluation of intrapartum cardiotocographic events and a consensus of cliniciansMaria Antónia Costa
Instituto Nacional de Engenharia Biomédica INEB, Porto, Portugal
J Perinat Med 38:191-5. 2010To compare between computer analysis of intrapartum cardiotocography (CTG) features by the Omniview-SisPorto 3.5 and a consensus of clinicians.
- Limitations of ST analysis in clinical practice: three cases of intrapartum metabolic acidosisM E M H Westerhuis
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University Medical Centre Utrecht, Wilhelmina Children s Hospital, Utrecht, The Netherlands
BJOG 114:1194-201. 2007To examine detailed intrapartum events in cases of neonatal metabolic acidosis despite monitoring using STAN (cardiotocography [CTG] plus ST waveform analysis of fetal electrocardiogram [ECG]).
- Alterations in Doppler velocimetry indices of the umbilical artery during fetal hypoxia in labor, in relation to cardiotocography and fetal pulse oximetry findingsCharalambos Siristatidis
Second Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Aretaieion Hospital, University of Athens Medical School, 17 Didimotichou Street, Thrakomakedones, 13676 Athens, Greece
Arch Gynecol Obstet 272:191-6. 2005The aim was to investigate fetal peripheral blood flow using external cardiotocography (CTG), Doppler velocimetry, and pulse oximetry (PO) in normal labor compared with those complicated by hypoxia.
- Review of the first 1502 cases of ECG-ST waveform analysis during labour in a teaching hospitalV Doria
Clinical Developmental Sciences, Section of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, St George s University of London, London, UK
BJOG 114:1202-7. 2007..To assess the impact of introduction of the STAN monitoring system...
- Cardiotocography as a predictor of fetal outcome in women presenting with reduced fetal movementNiamh Daly
National Maternity Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 159:57-61. 2011..of women presenting with reduced fetal movement (RFM) during the third trimester, specifically in relation to the diagnostic capacity of non-stress cardiotocography (CTG) used as the primary investigation in this clinical scenario.
- Fetal electrocardiogram: ST waveform analysis in intrapartum surveillanceI Amer-Wahlin
Section of Obstetrics, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
BJOG 114:1191-3. 2007..The purpose of this commentary is to assist in the proper use of fetal ECG in combination with cardiotocography (CTG) during labour...
- Dynamic free-hand three-dimensional fetal echocardiography gated by cardiotocographyU Herberg
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 22:493-502. 2003To evaluate the clinical feasibility of conventional cardiotocography (CTG) as a cardiac cycle triggering signal for three-dimensional (3D) fetal echocardiography.
- A comparison of intrapartum automated fetal electrocardiography and conventional cardiotocography-assessment of outcomeI Amer-Wahlin
BJOG 113:1339-40; author reply 1340. 2006
- The long-term cost-effectiveness of fetal monitoring during labour: a comparison of cardiotocography complemented with ST analysis versus cardiotocography aloneE Heintz
Center for Medical Technology Assessment CMT, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
BJOG 115:1676-87. 2008To assess the cost-effectiveness of the use of cardiotocography (CTG) complemented with fetal electrocardiography and ST analysis compared with the use of CTG alone in term deliveries when a decision has been made to use fetal monitoring ..
- Admission cardiotocography: a randomised controlled trialLawrence Impey
Oxford Feto Maternal Medicine Unit, Women s Centre, John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington, Oxford, UK
Lancet 361:465-70. 2003Admission cardiotocography is widely used to identify pregnancies that might benefit from continuous electronic fetal monitoring in labour...
- Intrapartum cardiotocography -- the dilemma of interpretational variationOuti Palomäki
Department of Obstetrics, Tampere University Hospital, Finland
J Perinat Med 34:298-302. 2006..To evaluate and compare interobserver variation in interpretation of intrapartum cardiotocograms...
- Four years' experience with antepartum cardiotocography using telemedicineAndrea Di Lieto
Department of Obstetrical Gynaecological and Urological Science and Reproductive Medicine, Prenatal Care Unit, University Federico II of Naples, Italy
J Telemed Telecare 12:228-33. 2006..A total of 1098 questionnaires were answered by the patients. Their answers showed a moderate level of satisfaction. Telecardiotocography allowed the decentralization of prenatal surveillance...
- Fetal electrocardiogram (ECG) for fetal monitoring during labourJ P Neilson
University of Liverpool, Division of Perinatal and Reproductive Medicine, First Floor, Liverpool Women s NHS Foundation Trust, Crown Street, Liverpool, UK L8 7SS
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 3:CD000116. 2006....
- Fetal electrocardiography in labor and neonatal outcome: data from the Swedish randomized controlled trial on intrapartum fetal monitoringHåkan Norén
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Perinatal Center, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Am J Obstet Gynecol 188:183-92. 2003b>Cardiotocography plus automatic ST analysis of the fetal electrocardiography has been shown recently to reduce both the operative delivery rate for fetal distress and the cord artery metabolic acidosis rate...
- ST analysis of the fetal electrocardiogram during labor: Nordic observational multicenter studyI Amer-Wahlin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 12:260-6. 2002To assess the diagnostic power of cardiotocography (CTG) plus the ST interval of the electrocardiogram (ECG) clinical guidelines with combined fetal heart rate and ST waveform analysis of the fetal ECG recorded during labor, to identify ..
- ST analysisI Ingemarsson
BJOG 114:1445. 2007
- Fetal scalp pH and ST analysis of the fetal ECG as an adjunct to CTG. A multi-center, observational studyAndreas K Luttkus
Department of Obstetrics, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Berlin, Germany
J Perinat Med 32:486-94. 2004..To evaluate the relationships between scalp-pH and CTG plus ST waveform analysis of the fetal ECG (STAN) clinical guidelines as indicators of intrapartum hypoxia in term fetuses born with cord artery acidemia...
- Implementation of new medical techniques: experience from the Swedish randomized controlled trial on fetal ECG during laborI Amer-Wahlin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 18:93-100. 2005..on intra partum fetal monitoring with automatic analysis of fetal ECG waveform (STAN) in combination with cardiotocography (CTG) (4966 parturients, 300 obstetricians and midwives managing the patients), interim analysis revealed ..
- [Influence of antenatal administration of corticoids on heart activity--case report]M Verner
Ustav pro péci o matku a díte, Praha
Ceska Gynekol 69:126-32. 2004..to draw attention to possible influencing of cardiotocographic recording of antenatal administration of corticoids, on the use of Doppler ultrasonographic parameters in the diagnostics of hypoxia-endangered fetus...
- The reliability of fetal pulse oximetry: the effect of fetal oxygen saturation below 30% on perinatal outcomeIstván Kis Csitári
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Szent Lázár County Hospital, Salgótarján, Hungary
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 136:160-4. 2008..The objective of this prospective study was to determine the reliability of fetal pulse oximetry (FPO) in cases of abnormal fetal heart rate (FHR) pattern and fetal oxygen saturation (FSpO(2)) below 30%...
- Monitoring the preterm fetus during laborKathleen Rice Simpson
St John s Mercy Medical Center, St Louis, MO, USA
MCN Am J Matern Child Nurs 29:380-8; quiz 389-90. 2004..The condition of the fetus during labor and birth has a significant impact on the likelihood of survival and the odds of developing serious complications of prematurity...
- Fetal development: voice processing in normotensive and hypertensive pregnanciesC T Lee
University of Toronto School of Nursing, Toronto, Canada
Biol Res Nurs 8:272-82. 2007....
- [Comparison of fetal ECG recordings using STAN S21 analyser and external ECG of newborns, in relation to enzymatic ischaemic markers and acid-base parameters in umbilical blood]Maciej Zikitek
Klinika Patologii Ciazy i Porodu, PAM
Ginekol Pol 75:825-30. 2004..Neonatal hypoxia is often responsible for myocardial ischaemia. To evaluate cardiac involvement in neonates, fetal and neonatal ECG recordings have been performed and parameters indicating heart dysfunction have been analysed...
- Cardiotocographic abnormalities associated with dinoprostone and misoprostol cervical ripeningPatrick S Ramsey
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics Gynecology, Center for Research in Women s Health, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35333 7333, USA
Obstet Gynecol 105:85-90. 2005..To characterize the frequency and timing of cardiotocographic abnormalities associated with the use of 3 commercially available prostaglandin analogues, misoprostol, dinoprostone gel, and dinoprostone pessary, as labor preinduction agents...
- [Clinical analysis of continuous electronic fetal heart rate monitoring for preterm small for gestational age during labor]Xiao Hui Guo
Department of Obstetrics, Second Affiliated Hospital of Jinan University, Shenzhen 518020, China
Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi 40:106-8. 2005..To investigate the clinical value of continuous electronic fetal heart rate (FHR) monitoring for preterm small for gestational age (PSGA) during labor...
- The use of intrapartum electronic fetal heart rate monitoring: a national surveyD Devane
School of Nursing and Midwifery, Trinity College Dublin
Ir Med J 100:360-2. 2007..The admission CTG was used by 21 of the 22 units despite evidence of no benefit. The absence of FBS in the majority of units surveyed and the low rate of umbilical cord blood sampling is of concern...
- Intrapartum repetitive maternal heart rate deceleration pattern simulating nonreassuring fetal statusDavid M Sherer
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York 11203, USA
Am J Perinatol 22:165-7. 2005....
- [Prevention of intrapartum fetal hypoxia by using electrocardiography]Wojciech Kazmierczak
Z Katedry i Kliniki Perinatologii i Ginekologii w Zabrzu Slaskiej Akademii Medycznej w Katowicach
Wiad Lek 57:139-43. 2004..One of these methods is fetus electrocardiography...
- [ST analysis of fetal ECG in premature deliveries during 30th-36th week of pregnancy]P Janku
Gynekologicko porodnick6 klinika MU a FN, Brno
Ceska Gynekol 71:163-8. 2006..To compare the results of a group of premature deliveries monitored by ST analysis with a control group of premature deliveries monitored by means of cardiotocography (CTG) and intrapartum fetal pulse oxymetry (IFPO).
- Fetal pulse oximetry and wavelet analysis of the fetal heart rate in the evaluation of abnormal cardiotocography tracingsEmmanuel Salamalekis
Maternity Unit of the 2nd Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Aretaieion Hospital, University of Athens, Athens, Greece
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 32:135-9. 2006..of wavelet analysis of the fetal pulse oximetry tracings (FSPO2) and fetal heart rate (FHR) variability to cardiotocography (CTG), for intrapartum fetal monitoring, provides useful information on the fetal response to hypoxia...
- [Use of CTG during pregnancy and childbirth]K T Schneider
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Perinatale Medizin, AG für maternofetale Medizin, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gynäkologie und Geburtshilfe
Z Geburtshilfe Neonatol 210:38-49. 2006
- Massive feto-maternal hemorrhage: diagnosis by cardiotocography, Doppler ultrasonography and ST waveform analysis of fetal electrocardiographyPeter Malcus
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Fetal Diagn Ther 21:8-12. 2006..The diagnosis of a massive feto-maternal hemorrhage was confirmed by an extremely high fraction of erythrocytes containing fetal hemoglobin in maternal blood and, after delivery, by placental histology...
- The combination of computerized cardiotocography and amniotic fluid index for the prediction of neonatal acidemia at birth: a modified biophysical profileJ J Piazze
2nd Institute of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University La Sapienza of Rome, Italy
J Matern Fetal Med 10:323-7. 2001OBJECTIVE: To study the combination of computerized cardiotocography (cCTG) and the amniotic fluid index (AFI) in the prediction of neonatal acidemia at birth...
- The computerized fetal heart rate analysis in post-term pregnancy identifies patients at risk for fetal distress in labourHerbert Valensise
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 125:185-92. 2006..To ascertain the diagnostic ability of a computerized fetal heart rate (FHR) analysis system in the identification of patients at risk of fetal distress in labour...
- Intrapartum electronic fetal heart rate monitoring and the prevention of perinatal brain injuryErnest M Graham
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland 21287 1228, USA
Obstet Gynecol 108:656-66. 2006..Electronic fetal heart rate monitoring (EFM) is the most widely used method of intrapartum surveillance, and our objective is to review its ability to prevent perinatal brain injury and death...
- Non-invasive intrapartum fetal ECG: preliminary reportMyles J O Taylor
Queen Charlotte s and Chelsea Hospital and Division of Paediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College, London, UK
BJOG 112:1016-21. 2005..To obtain fetal heart rate, detailed fetal electrocardiography (fECG) signals and uterine contractions during labour using a single device...
- Impact of the fetal pulse oximetry on the obstetrical decision in the theoretical settingCatherine Houba
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Free Universities of Brussels ULB VUB, CHU St Pierre Rue Haute 290, Brussels 1000 Belgium
Int J Fertil Womens Med 51:155-9. 2006..to assess whether fetal oxymetry reduces the intervention rate in a "theoretical setting"...
- [Comparison between computerized cardiotocography analysis in triplet and singleton pregnancies]Michał Skoczylas
Klinika Perinatologii I Katedry Ginekologii i Połoznictwa Uniwersytetu Medycznego w Łodzi, Wileńska
Ginekol Pol 77:777-82. 2006Triplet pregnancies have higher perinatal morbidity and mortality rates than singleton pregnancies. In modern perinatology computer cardiotocography is one of the best methods of fetus state assessment.
- Fetal magnetocardiography: time intervals and heart rate variabilityP van Leeuwen
Dept Biomagnetism, Research and Development Center for Microtherapy EFMT, Germany
Neurol Clin Neurophysiol 2004:46. 2004..Nonetheless, it may be expected that both fetal HRV and CTI will supplement standard fetal surveillance techniques in the near future...
- Visual analysis of antepartum fetal heart rate tracings: inter- and intra-observer agreement and impact of knowledge of neonatal outcomeFrancesc Figueras
Department of Obstetrics, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
J Perinat Med 33:241-5. 2005..To evaluate the inter- and intra-observer agreement of visual analysis of fetal heart rate tracing and to evaluate the bias introduced by knowledge of perinatal outcome in this interpretation...
- Maternal cardiac autonomic function and fetal heart rate in preeclamptic compared to normotensive pregnanciesM L Swansburg
School of Nursing, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Queen s University and Kingston General Hospital, ON
Can J Cardiovasc Nurs 15:42-52. 2005..g., obesity, increased cholesterol) in the offspring. Although atypical maternal cardiac autonomic function has been reported in preeclampsia, to date, its effects on fetal cardiac function have not been determined...
- Determining the fetal scalp lactate level that indicates the need for intervention in labourRod M Allen
Mater Hospital, South Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 44:549-52. 2004..Fetal scalp lactate testing has been shown to be as useful as pH with added benefits. One remaining question is 'What level of lactate should trigger intervention in the first stage of labour?'..
- Prediction of neonatal state by computer analysis of fetal heart rate tracings: the antepartum arm of the SisPorto multicentre validation studyDiogo Ayres-de-Campos
Departamento de Ginecologia e Obstetricia, Faculdade Medicina da Universidade do Porto, Alameda Hernani Monteiro, 4200 319 Porto, Portugal
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 118:52-60. 2005..To evaluate the capacity of computer analysis of antepartum cardiotocographs performed by SisPorto 2.0 in predicting neonatal outcome...
- Spontaneous fetal heart rate deceleration: an ominous sign for fetal outcomeJesse Chuang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Shin Kong Wu Ho Su Memorial Hospital, No 95 Wen Chang Road, Shih Lin District, Taipei, Taiwan
Arch Gynecol Obstet 269:254-8. 2004..The aim of this study was to establish the prognostic import of spontaneous fetal heart-rate deceleration, a sign of fetal distress...
- Feasibility of simultaneous application of fetal electrocardiography and fetal pulse oximetryAndreas K Luttkus
Clinic of Obstetrics, Charite, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 82:443-8. 2003..This study aimed to evaluate the feasibility of a simultaneous application of pulse oximetry and fetal electrocardiography and to estimate any agreement between both methods indicating fetal compromise...
- [Cardiotocography in pregnancies with absent or reversed end-diastolic velocity in the umbilical arteries: analisys of perinatal outcome]Roseli Mieko Yamamoto Nomura
Setor de Vitalidade Fetal, Hospital das Clinicas, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Porto Alegre, RS, Brasil
Rev Assoc Med Bras 49:79-85. 2003To study the correlation between cardiotocography parameters and perinatal outcome in pregnancies with absent or reversed end-diastolic velocity (AERDV) in the umbilical arteries.
- Original report. Fetal cardiographic monitoring during 1.5-T MR imagingSven C A Michel
Institute of Diagnostic Radiology, University Hospital, Ramistr 100, Zurich, Switzerland
AJR Am J Roentgenol 180:1159-64. 2003The aim of this report was to determine the feasibility of fetal cardiotocography during MR imaging and the safety of 1.5-T MR imaging on the basis of fetal heart activity and fetal movements.
- Timing of neonatal seizures and intrapartum obstetrical factorsMark S Scher
Rainbow Babies and Children s Hospital, Cleveland, Ohio 44106 6090, USA
J Child Neurol 23:640-3. 2008..Factors other than intrapartum events more likely contribute to the encephalopathic repertoire of the newborn, including seizures...
- The relationship of fetal eye movements to non-stress test resultsT Becker
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, Colorado, USA
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 12:338-41. 2002..This study was designed to correlate ultrasound-observed fetal eye movements with fetal heart rate reactivity to determine its potential role in fetuses with persistent non-reactivity...
- Intrapartum fetal ECG and diabetesBranka M Yli
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Rikshospitalet Radiumhospitalet, University of Oslo, Norway
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 21:231-8. 2008..The objective of this study was to determine the prevalence and types of ST-segment changes of the fetal electrocardiogram (FECG) during labour in term fetuses born to mothers with diabetes mellitus (DM) or gestational diabetes...
- [Avoiding common mistakes in FHR monitoring. (Part I)]Wiesław Markwitz
Katedra i Klinika Perinatologii Uniwersytetu Medycznego im Karola Marcinkowskiego w Poznaniu, Poznan
Ginekol Pol 79:66-8. 2008
- Fetal heart rate monitoring patterns in women with amniotic fluid proteomic profiles indicative of inflammationCatalin S Buhimschi
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Am J Perinatol 25:359-72. 2008..An abnormal FHR-MP can thus raise the level of awareness that a fetus with EONS may be born, but it is not a useful clinical indicator of the need for antibiotic treatment of the neonate...
- Computerized analysis of fetal heart rate variability using the matching pursuit technique as an indicator of fetal hypoxia during laborE Salamalekis
2nd Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Aretaieion Hospital, University of Athens, Greece
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 19:165-9. 2006..To determine whether the computerized analysis of fetal heart rate variability with the new matching pursuit technique can indicate fetal distress during labor...
- [Avoiding common mistakes in FHR monitoring. (Part III)]Wiesław Markwitz
Katedra i Klinika Perinatologii Uniwersytetu Medycznego im Karola Marcinkowskiego w Poznaniu
Ginekol Pol 79:218-20. 2008
- [Analysis of selected parameters of maternal and fetal status during stimulation of fetal lung maturation]W Markwitz
Kliniki Perinatologii i Ginekologii, Katedry Perinatologii i Ginekologii Akademii Medycznej w Poznaniu
Ginekol Pol 72:191-200. 2001..One specified occurrence of incidental symptoms in road drove of therapy. Pregnant women in road of treatment glicocorticoids have also observed a temporary weakness of feeling of fetal movements...
- [Avoiding common mistakes in FHR monitoring. (Part I). Too short monitoring]Wiesław Markwitz
Klinika Perinatologii i Ginekologii Uniwersytetu Medycznego im Karola Marcinkowskiego w Poznaniu
Ginekol Pol 79:305-7. 2008
- 24 hour-CTG monitoring: comparison of normal pregnancies and pregnancies with placenta insufficiencyM Kuhnert
Department of Obstetrics and Perinatology, University Hospital Marburg, Marburg, Germany
J Perinat Med 29:42-54. 2001..The goal of this study was, if a continuous 24 hour-CTG will allow an earlier detection of beginning hypoxia in case of placental insufficiency compared to a routine CTG of 30 minutes...
- Computerized FHR traces in post-term pregnanciesJuan J Piazze
J Perinat Med 36:182-3. 2008
- [Intrapartum oxygen saturation in fetus with symptoms of distress shown during fetal cardiotocograph monitoring]A Nikolov
Akush Ginekol (Sofiia) 43:3-10. 2004..Simultaneously FHR is monitored by means of cardiotocography. Fetal well-being is verified by pH u blood gas analysis from fetal scalp while the newborn well-being is ..
- Computerized cardiotocography parameters in pregnant women affected by pregestational diabetes mellitusAngelo Ruozi-Berretta
Institute of Gynecology, Perinatology and Child Health, University La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
J Perinat Med 32:426-9. 2004..To evaluate whether computerized CTG (cCTG) is a reliable method of predicting neonatal outcome in pregnancies complicated by pregestational diabetes at term...
- Fetal scalp pH and ST analysis of the fetal ECG as an adjunct to cardiotocography to predict fetal acidosis in labor--a multi-center, case controlled studyHåkan Norén
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Perinatal Center, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Gothenburg, Sweden
J Perinat Med 35:408-14. 2007To assess the relationship between scalp pH (FBS) and ST analysis in situations of acidosis with special emphasis on the timing of cardiotocography (CTG), FBS and ST changes during labor.
- Robust estimation of fetal heart rate variability using Doppler ultrasoundKumari L Fernando
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Utah, 50 S Central Campus Dr, Room 3280 MEB, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 50:950-7. 2003..This paper includes the results of analyzing synthetic and real Doppler ultrasound data that demonstrates the usefulness of the new measure in HRV analysis...
- Quality of intrapartum cardiotocography in twin deliveriesP C A M Bakker
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Vrije Universiteit Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Obstet Gynecol 191:2114-9. 2004....
- Obstructive sleep apnea in pregnancy and fetal outcomeFigen Kir Sahin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Afyonkarahisar Kocatepe University, Afyonkarahisar, Turkey
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 100:141-6. 2008..To simultaneously investigate the polysomnography (PSG) and nonstress test (NST) records of pregnant women with obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) to observe NST changes during maternal desaturation and determine maternal and fetal outcomes...
- [Usefulness of the examination of fetal blood oxygen saturation (FSpO2) and fetal heart rate (FHR) as a prognostic factor of the newborn outcome]Michał Skoczylas
Kliniki Perinatologii Instytutu Ginekologii i Połoznictwa Uniwersytetu Medycznego w Łodzi
Ginekol Pol 74:1284-9. 2003b>Cardiotocography has become the standard for fetal monitoring in labor. False-positive findings during electronic fetal heart rate monitoring may were not associated with neonatal acidemia...
- Severe newborn encephalopathy unrelated to intrapartum hypoxic events: 3 case reportsT C Tan
Department of Maternal Fetal Medicine, KK Women s and Children s Hospital, 100 Bukit Timah Road, Singapore 229899
Ann Acad Med Singapore 32:653-7. 2003..Newborn encephalopathy is an important clinical problem associated with considerable morbidity and mortality and is pertinent in the assignment of blame in obstetrics litigation...
- A randomised controlled trial of admission electronic fetal monitoring in normal labourHelen Cheyne
Nursing Research Initiative for Scotland, Nursing and Midwifery Building, University of Stirling, UK
Midwifery 19:221-9. 2003..To test the hypothesis that the use of admission Electronic Fetal Monitoring (EFM) for healthy pregnant women in spontaneous labour would result in an increase in continuous EFM when compared to women who have had no admission EFM...
- Falsely reassuring short-term variation associated with severe fetal acidemia in a near-term pregnancyJ J Piazze
Department of Gynecology, Perinatology and Child Health, University La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 87:242-4. 2004
- Intrathecal sufentanil and fetal heart rate abnormalities: a double-blind, double placebo-controlled trial comparing two forms of combined spinal epidural analgesia with epidural analgesia in laborM van de Velde
Department of Anesthesiology, University Hospitals Gasthuisberg, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Herestraat, Belgium
Anesth Analg 98:1153-9, table of contents. 2004..125%, 1.25 microg/mL of epinephrine, and 0.75 microg/mL of sufentanil (bolus, 4 mL; lockout, 15 min). Cardiotocography was monitored continuously 15 min before analgesia and for 60 min after the start of analgesia...
- [Longitudinal analysis of arterial Doppler parameters in growth retarded fetuses]Zeljko Mikovic
Ob Gyn Clinic Narodni Front, School of Medicine, University of Belgrade
Srp Arh Celok Lek 131:21-5. 2003....
- Food-induced acute generalized exanthematous pustulosis in a pregnant womanSonya Valkova
Department of Dermatology and Venereology, University Hospital, Pleven, Bulgaria
Skinmed 5:199-201. 2006..As a result, her fever disappeared and her erythema faded. Frequent obstetric examination and cardiotocography were normal and showed no evidence of placental insufficiency...
- Doppler characterization of embryonic mouse circulationColin Phoon; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- HEART RATE DURING TRANSITION TO EXTRAUTERINE LIFEM Verklan; Fiscal Year: 2001..It is anticipated that the use of this advanced technology will strengthen clinical practice due to an enhanced ability to better evaluate neurophysiologic indicators of stability of both the healthy and compromised fetus and neonate. ..
- Temporal-Spatial Biomagnetic Fields of the FetusCurtis Lowery; Fiscal Year: 2004..In the future, the device, analysis tools, and datasets should be accessible to outside researchers for their own studies and collaborating efforts, by means of secure and fast Internet access. ..
- FETAL NEUROBEHAVIORAL DEVELOPMENT & POSTNATAL CONTINUITYJANET DI PIETRO; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..