Summary: Radiographic visualization of the aorta and its branches by injection of contrast media, using percutaneous puncture or catheterization procedures.
Publications251 found, 100 shown here
- Assessment of the aortic annulus by multislice computed tomography, contrast aortography, and trans-thoracic echocardiography in patients referred for transcatheter aortic valve implantationApostolos Tzikas
Department of Cardiology, Thoraxcenter, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 77:868-75. 2011..to determine the level of agreement and the reproducibility of trans-thoracic echocardiography (TTE), contrast aortography (CA) and multislice computed tomography (MSCT) for the assessment of the aortic annulus, in patients referred ..
- Spiral-CT angiography to assess feasibility of endovascular aneurysm repair in patients with ruptured aortoiliac aneurysmJ K Willmann
Institute of Diagnostic Radiology, University Hospital Zurich, Switzerland
Vasa 30:271-6. 2001..However, it can only be recommended for patients with stable hemodynamics, despite of the short acquisition time...
- Endovascular treatment of patients with types A and B thoracic aortic dissection using Relay thoracic stent-grafts: results from the RESTORE Patient RegistryBurkhart Zipfel
Deutsches Herzzentrum Berlin, Germany
J Endovasc Ther 18:131-43. 2011..To evaluate the safety and performance of Relay stent-grafts in patients with acute or chronic aortic dissections...
- Diagnostic imaging in Takayasu arteritisEugene Y Kissin
Section of Rheumatology, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Curr Opin Rheumatol 16:31-7. 2004..MRI, magnetic resonance angiography (MRA), Doppler ultrasound, CT, and positron emission tomography (PET) are all potentially useful for evaluation of TAK...
- Thoracic aortic iIntra-mural haematoma progression to dissection demonstrated on multi-slice CT imaging: don't forget the follow-up scan!S J Robinson
Departments of Surgery and Radiology, Princess Royal Hospital, NHS Trust, Telford, Shropshire, UK
Clin Radiol 58:739-41. 2003
- Endovascular repair of the half aortic arch in pigs with an improved, single-branched stent graft system for the brachiocephalic trunkChen Lin
Department of Vascular Surgery, Changhai Hospital, Second Military Medical University, 168 Changhai Road, Shanghai 200433, China
Vascular 19:242-9. 2011..Their head CT scans found no evidence of cerebral infarction. In conclusion, endovascular repair of the half aortic arch with the integrated single-branched stent graft system appears to be safe and feasible in pigs...
- Technique for branched thoracic stent-graft repair of a chronic type a aortic dissection in a patient with multiple prior sternotomiesErin H Murphy
Division of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
J Endovasc Ther 18:359-64. 2011..To present a technique for endovascular treatment of a type A aortic dissection in a patient with multiple prior sternotomies and multiple medical comorbidities...
- Fenestrated and branched stent-grafts to treat post-dissection chronic aortic aneurysms after initial treatment in the acute settingEric L Verhoeven
Department of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, Klinikum Nürnberg, Germany
J Endovasc Ther 19:343-9. 2012..To present our initial experience treating post-dissection thoracoabdominal aneurysms with fenestrated and branched grafts...
- Two-end intimal flap suturing method for establishing Stanford B type aortic dissection in a canine modelJ S Cui
Department of Vascular Surgery, Huadong Hospital, The Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 38:603-7. 2009..To establish an animal model of Stanford type B aortic dissection using a two-end intimal flap suturing...
- Does preoperative computed tomography reduce the risks associated with re-do cardiac surgery?Nouman U Khan
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, University Hospital of South Manchester NHS Foundation Trust, Southmoor Road, Manchester, M23 9LT, UK
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 9:119-23. 2009..Hence, adequate preoperative imaging using ECG-gated multi-slice CT is essential for optimum planning of re-do cardiac surgery...
- Homogeneous enhancement in pediatric thoracic CT aortography using a novel and reproducible method: contrast-covering timeI Chen Tsai
Department of Radiology, Taichung Veterans General Hospital, No 160, Sec 3, Taichung Harbor Rd, Taichung 407, Taiwan, ROC
AJR Am J Roentgenol 188:1131-7. 2007This study compares the empiric setting and contrast-covering time (CCT) concept for i.v. contrast injection in pediatric thoracic CT aortography.
- Survey of aorta and coronary arteries with prospective ECG-triggered 100-kV 64-MDCT angiographyChikako Fujioka
Department of Clinical Radiology, Hiroshima University Hospital, 1 2 3, Kasumi cho, Minami Ku, Hiroshima, 734 8551, Japan
AJR Am J Roentgenol 193:227-33. 2009..The purpose of this study was to investigate the feasibility of prospective ECG-triggered axial 64-MDCT angiography of the aorta and coronary arteries performed at a tube voltage of 100 kV...
- High-pitch dual-source CT angiography of the aortic valve-aortic root complex without ECG-synchronizationChristoph Karlo
Institute of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, University Hospital Zurich, Ramistrasse 100, 8091, Zurich, Switzerland
Eur Radiol 21:205-12. 2011....
- Treatment of complex aneurysmal disease with fenestrated and branched stent graftsC D Bicknell
St Mary s Regional Vascular Unit, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, London, United Kingdom
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 37:175-81. 2009..To describe our experience of treating juxtarenal (JRAAA's <4mm neck) and thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysms (TAAA's) using fenestrated and branched stent graft technology...
- Endovascular repair of acute traumatic thoracic aortic transection with laser-assisted in-situ fenestration of a stent-graft covering the left subclavian arteryErin H Murphy
Divisions of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery and, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
J Endovasc Ther 16:457-63. 2009..To report the use of in-situ laser-assisted endograft fenestration during thoracic endovascular aortic repair (TEVAR)...
- Thrombus volume is associated with cardiovascular events and aneurysm growth in patients who have abdominal aortic aneurysmsAdam Parr
Vascular Biology Unit, James Cook University, Townsville, Queensland, Australia
J Vasc Surg 53:28-35. 2011..This study prospectively assessed the association of infrarenal abdominal aortic thrombus volume with cardiovascular events and AAA growth...
- Peak wall stress measurement in elective and acute abdominal aortic aneurysmsMichael S Heng
Academic Vascular Surgery, Hull Royal Infirmary, Anlaby Road, Hull, United Kingdom
J Vasc Surg 47:17-22; discussion 22. 2008..This article investigates the interoperator and intraoperator reliability of finite element analysis in the calculation of peak wall stress (PWS) in AAA and examines the variation in PWS in elective and acute AAAs...
- Endovascular repair of abdominal aortic aneurysm without preoperative arteriographyMark C Wyers
Section of Vascular Surgery, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, One Medical Center Drive, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
J Vasc Surg 38:730-8. 2003Clinical trials of endovascular aortic aneurysm repair (EVAR) have required both preoperative aortography and computed tomography (CT)...
- The influence of wall stress on AAA growth and biomarkersL Speelman
Eindhoven University of Technology, Department of Biomedical Engineering, The Netherlands
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 39:410-6. 2010..Levels of matrix metalloproteinase-9, tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinase-1, C-reactive protein and alpha 1-antitrypsin were therefore evaluated...
- Analysis of expansion patterns in 4-4.9 cm abdominal aortic aneurysmsM Vega de Ceniga
Department of Angiology and Vascular Surgery, Hospital de Galdakao Usansolo, Barrio Labeaga s n, 48960 Galdakao Usansolo Bizkaia, Spain
Ann Vasc Surg 22:37-44. 2008..The expansion of 4-4.9 cm AAA is mostly irregular and unpredictable. We have not found any modifiable risk factors which influence their growth pattern. The eccentric distribution of the thrombus is associated with continuous expansion...
- Added benefit of thoracic aortography after transarterial embolization in patients with hemoptysisHo Jong Chun
Department of Radiology, Kangnam St Mary s Hospital, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, 505 Banpo Dong, Seocho Ku, Seoul 137 040, Korea
AJR Am J Roentgenol 180:1577-81. 2003The purpose of this study was to examine the usefulness of thoracic aortography performed after transarterial embolization in identifying additional arteries responsible for causing hemoptysis.
- Uniform vascular contrast enhancement and reduced contrast medium volume achieved by using exponentially decelerated contrast material injection methodKyongtae T Bae
Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology, Washington University School of Medicine, 510 S Kingshighway Blvd, Box 8131, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Radiology 231:732-6. 2004....
- Comparison of enhancement, image quality, cost, and adverse reactions using 2 different contrast medium concentrations for routine chest CT on 16-slice MDCTBindu N Setty
Division of Abdominal Imaging and Interventional Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Comput Assist Tomogr 30:818-22. 2006....
- Optimal projection estimation for transcatheter aortic valve implantation based on contrast-aortography: validation of a Prototype SoftwareApostolos Tzikas
Department of Cardiology, Thoraxcenter, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 76:602-7. 2010..The level of agreement between C-THV and either the MSCT or the operator's choice was deemed satisfactory, with the vast majority of observed differences being <10 degrees...
- Lower tube voltage reduces contrast material and radiation doses on 16-MDCT aortographyYoshiharu Nakayama
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kumamoto University, 1 1 1 Honjo, Kumamoto 860 8556, Japan
AJR Am J Roentgenol 187:W490-7. 2006..The purpose of our study was to compare aortic CT angiography performed at a low tube voltage and reduced dose of contrast material with standard-voltage, standard-contrast-dose CT angiography...
- Choice of computed tomography, transesophageal echocardiography, magnetic resonance imaging, and aortography in acute aortic dissection: International Registry of Acute Aortic Dissection (IRAD)Andrew G Moore
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases and Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Am J Cardiol 89:1235-8. 2002
- The association of elasticity indexes of ascending aorta and the presence and the severity of coronary artery diseaseAli Yildiz
Department of Cardiology, School of Medicine, Harran University, Sanliurfa, Turkey
Coron Artery Dis 19:311-7. 2008..To investigate the association between elasticity indexes of aorta and severity of coronary artery disease (CAD) in patients with stable CAD...
- [Prevalence of renal artery stenosis in patients undergoing cardiac catheterization: when should abdominal aortography be performed? Results in 467 patients]M Leandri
Services de Radiologie
J Radiol 85:627-33. 2004..To define a subgroup of patients at increased risk of renal artery stenosis (RAS) in a population of patients undergoing cardiac catheterization...
- Aortic pseudoaneurysm as a rare cause of superior vena cava syndrome--a case reportDuccio Baldari
Division of Cardiology, State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY
Angiology 57:363-6. 2006..This case is about an aortic pseudoaneurysm after Dacron graft replacement that presented as a rapidly evolving superior vena cava syndrome...
- Transapical deployment of endovascular thoracic aortic stent graft for an ascending aortic pseudoaneurysmWilson Y Szeto
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 89:616-8. 2010..Due to the limitations of the current technology, the endograft was deployed through a left ventricular transapical approach by using a left mini-thoracotomy...
- The effect of diffuse pulmonary fibrosis on the reliability of CT signs of pulmonary hypertensionAnand Devaraj
Department of Radiology, Royal Brompton Hospital, Sydney Street, London SW3 6NP, England
Radiology 249:1042-9. 2008..To determine whether pulmonary artery (PA) dilatation is a reliable indicator of pulmonary hypertension (PH) in patients with pulmonary fibrosis...
- Configuration of the ascending aorta in patients with bicuspid and tricuspid aortic valve disease undergoing aortic valve replacement with or without reduction aortoplastyMatthias Bauer
Deutsches Herzzentrum Berlin, Division of Internal Medicine, Charite, Berlin, Germany
J Heart Valve Dis 15:594-600. 2006..Patients with bicuspid aortic valves (BAV) tend to develop dilatation of the ascending aorta. The study aim was to analyze differences in aortic root diameter and configuration in patients with bicuspid and tricuspid aortic valve disease...
- Multidetector CT angiography versus digital subtraction angiography for aortoiliac length measurements prior to endovascular AAA repairNicolas Diehm
Institute of Diagnostic Radiology, Department of Radiology, Inselspital, University Hospital of Bern, Switzerland
J Endovasc Ther 11:527-34. 2004....
- Aorto-iliac multidetector-row CT angiography with low kV settings: improved vessel enhancement and simultaneous reduction of radiation doseB Wintersperger
Department of Clinical Radiology, University of Munich, Marchioninistrasse 15, 81377, Munich, Germany
Eur Radiol 15:334-41. 2005..7+/-0.4 vs 10.1+/-1.2 mSv; P<0.0001). Tube kVp reduction from 120 to 100 kVp allows for significant reduction of patient dose in abdominal CT angiography, without significant change in SNR,CNR and image quality...
- Bleeding into the intraluminal thrombus in abdominal aortic aneurysms is associated with ruptureJoy Roy
Department of Surgery, Capio St Görans Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
J Vasc Surg 48:1108-13. 2008..The aim of this study was to determine signs of bleeding in the intraluminal thrombus and the site of rupture using multislice computed tomography (CT) imaging in patients with abdominal aortic aneurysms (AAA)...
- Double tube stent-grafts for infrarenal aortic aneurysm: a new conceptVolker Ruppert
Department of Surgery, Hospital of Ludwig Maximilian University Munich Campus Innenstadt, Germany
J Endovasc Ther 14:144-9. 2007..To present the concept of double tube stent-grafts and examine the indications for and results achieved with these devices...
- The endovascular management of open aortic surgery complications with emergency stent-graft repair in high-risk patientsA Ascoli Marchetti
Department of Vascular Surgery, Tor Vergata University of Rome, Rome, Italy
J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino) 48:315-21. 2007..Further evaluation of this technique and longer follow-up will determine its exact role in the management of these life-threatening complications...
- Surgical correction of failed thoracic endovascular aortic repairStephan Langer
European Vascular Center Aachen Maastricht, Department of Vascular Surgery, University Hospital Aachen, Aachen, Germany
J Vasc Surg 47:1195-202. 2008..However, in recurrent endovascular failure without further minimally invasive options, conservative treatments or conversion to open surgery are the only remaining therapeutic strategies...
- The use of an extra-corporeal graft to maintain cerebral perfusion during thoracic endovascular aneurysm repairL Wales
Department of Vascular Surgery, St George s Hospital, London, UK
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 34:176-8. 2007....
- Hybrid approach to thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysms in patients with prior aortic surgeryRoberto Chiesa
Vascular Surgery, Scientific Institute San Raffaele, Milan, Italy
J Vasc Surg 45:1128-35. 2007....
- Percutaneous management of complications (aortoenteric fistula and sac abscess) following bypass surgery for abdominal aortic aneurysmHemant Deshmukh
Department of Radiology, King Edward Memorial Hospital, Parel, Mumbai, 400 012, India
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 30:778-81. 2007
- Assessing the effectiveness of endografts: clinical and experimental perspectivesLarisse K Lee
Division of Vascular Surgery, New York Presbyterian Hospital, Cornell University and Weill Medical College, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Vasc Surg 45:A123-30. 2007..Thus, clinical and experimental models of endograft healing are attempting to define the optimal method of postoperative surveillance of endovascular repair...
- Lateral movement of endografts within the aneurysm sac is an indicator of stent-graft instabilityBenjamin Y Rafii
Department of Surgery, Division of Vascular Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
J Endovasc Ther 15:335-43. 2008..To determine if lateral movement of an aortic endograft 1 year following endovascular abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) repair is an indicator of endograft instability and can serve as a predictor of late adverse events...
- Aortic morphology following endovascular repair of acute and chronic type B aortic dissection: implications for managementD Sayer
St George s Vascular Institute, London, UK
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 36:522-9. 2008..The study aimed to define early clinical outcomes, and medium term morphological changes, following endovascular treatment of acute (AAD) and chronic (CAD) Type B aortic dissections...
- International controlled clinical trial of thoracic endovascular aneurysm repair with the Zenith TX2 endovascular graft: 1-year resultsJon S Matsumura
Department of Surgery, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Vasc Surg 47:247-257; discussion 257. 2008..This trial evaluated the safety and effectiveness of thoracic endovascular aortic repair (TEVAR) with a contemporary endograft system compared with open surgical repair (open) of descending thoracic aortic aneurysms and large ulcers...
- Supra-aortic hybrid endovascular procedures for complex thoracic aortic disease: single center early to midterm resultsYiu Che Chan
Department of Surgery, Division of Vascular Surgery, University of Hong Kong Medical Centre, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong, China
J Vasc Surg 48:571-9. 2008..The aim of this study is to report our hybrid experience...
- The Powerlink system for endovascular abdominal aortic aneurysm repair: six-year resultsGrace J Wang
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Vasc Surg 48:535-45. 2008..We compared the results of endovascular repair using the Powerlink endovascular graft with conventional open abdominal aortic aneurysm repair through a 6-year follow-up period...
- Endovascular repair for thoracic aortic disease: tertiary single-center experience in northwestern GreeceMiltiadis I Matsagas
Department of Surgery Vascular Surgery Unit, School of Medicine, University of Ioannina, Ioannina, Grece
Vascular 14:212-8. 2006..The potential of this technique to be applicable even in relatively small, tertiary vascular centers might be of great benefit to patients...
- Early and medium-term results of stent-graft treatment of DeBakey type III aortic dissectionI Kiyotaka
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Yokohama City University, Medical Center, Yokohama, Japan
J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino) 47:651-7. 2006..The safety and effectiveness of transcatheter stent-graft treatment in the early and medium-term postoperative period was assessed in patients with DeBakey type III aortic dissection...
- Anatomic exclusion from endovascular repair of thoracic aortic aneurysmBenjamin M Jackson
Division of Vascular Surgery, University of Pittsburgh, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, USA
J Vasc Surg 45:662-6. 2007..We sought to define the current anatomic barriers to thoracic aortic aneurysm (TAA) stent grafting to guide future device development...
- Thoracic stent graft design improvements with dynamic CT angiographyJ Golledge
Vascular Biology Unit, School of Medicine, James Cook University, Townsville, Australia
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 33:69-70. 2007
- Fully supported open stent grafting applied with a Matsui-Kitamura (MK) stent in treatment of distal arch aneurysmHirofumi Midorikawa
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Southern Tohoku General Hospital, 7 115 Yatsuyamada Koriyama, Fukushima 963 8563, Japan
Gen Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 56:209-14. 2008..Our purpose was to examine the use of fully supported open stent grafting (OSG) with a Matsui-Kitamura (MK) stent for treatment of distal arch aneurysm (DAA)...
- Aortic debranching for descending thoracic aortic aneurysm repair by stent graftsChandra Cherukupalli
Department of Vascular Surgery, North Shore University and Long Island Jewish Medical Centers, Manhasset, New York, USA
Am Surg 73:32-6. 2007..The stent graft repair of the descending thoracic aortic aneurysm was performed subsequently in both patients. This aortic debranching provides subsequent proper placement of thoracic stent grafts...
- Twenty consecutive cases of endograft repair of traumatic aortic disruption: lessons learnedDavid G Neschis
Division of Vascular Surgery, University of Maryland Medical Center, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Vasc Surg 45:487-92. 2007..In addition, patients are often young, with an aortic anatomy dissimilar to those with atherosclerotic aneurysms. As a result, techniques for endograft repair have to be refined accordingly...
- Experience with the Endologix Powerlink endograft in endovascular repair of abdominal aortic aneurysms with short and angulated necksLefeng Qu
Department of Vascular Surgery, Changhai Hospital, The Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, P R China
Perspect Vasc Surg Endovasc Ther 20:158-66. 2008....
- Influence of pulmonary status and diabetes mellitus on aortic neck dilatation following endovascular repair of abdominal aortic aneurysms: a EUROSTAR reportNicolas Diehm
Division of Angiology, Swiss Cardiovascular Centre, University Hospital, Inselspital, Bern, Switzerland
J Endovasc Ther 14:122-9. 2007....
- Fenestrated and branched stent-grafts for thoracoabdominal, pararenal and juxtarenal aortic aneurysm repairTimothy A M Chuter
Division of Vascular Surgery, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Semin Vasc Surg 20:90-6. 2007..However, the enormous potential advantages of endovascular repair of visceral segment aneurysms and promising short-term results continue to drive the dissemination of branched stent-graft technology...
- Endovascular repair of lesions involving the descending thoracic aorta. Mid-term morphological changesCherif Attia
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Louis Pradel University Hospital, Lyon, France
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 7:595-9. 2008..Therefore, continued surveillance of patients treated with stent-grafts is necessary...
- Late aneurysm rupture after repressurization of a thrombosed stent-graftPhilipp Geisbüsch
Department of Vascular Surgery, Ruprecht Karls University of Heidelberg, Germany
J Endovasc Ther 14:672-5. 2007..To report late abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) rupture after endovascular stent-graft repair despite complete thrombotic stent-graft occlusion...
- Strategies for prevention and operative treatment of aortic lesions related to spinal interventionsReinhard Kopp
Department of General and Vascular Surgery, Klinikum Grosshadern, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 32:E753-60. 2007..A retrospective analysis of a case series was performed...
- [CT angiography of the aorta]D Theisen
Institut fur Klinische Radiologie, Klinikum Grosshadern der Ludwig Maximilians Universität München, Marchioninistrasse 15, Munich, Germany
Radiologe 47:982-92. 2007..94%. This article outlines state-of-the-art principles in diagnostic CT imaging of acquired aortic disease...
- Combined endovascular and open treatment for infected pseudoaneurysm of the thoracic aortic arch- Kwok Keung Ho
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Hong Kong
Vasc Endovascular Surg 41:456-9. 2007..The patient had good recovery, and the 1-year follow-up computed tomography scan showed resolution of the infected pseudoaneurysm...
- Surgical treatment result of abdominal aortic aneurysm in Behçet's diseaseT W Kwon
Division of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Ulsan College of Medicine and Asan Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 35:173-80. 2008..We report our surgical treatment results of abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) in Behçet's disease patient...
- Minimally invasive retrieval of a dislodged Wallstent endoprosthesis after an endovascular abdominal aortic aneurysm repairRussell C Lam
Division of Vascular Surgery, New York Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Vasc Surg 47:450-3. 2008..This case underscores the danger of performing EVAR in the setting of prior iliac artery stenting and the potential complications that may ensue...
- [Clinical requirements of aortic imaging]D Böckler
Klinik für Gefässchirurgie, Vaskuläre und Endovaskuläre Chirurgie, Ruprecht Karls Universitat Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 110, Heidelberg, Germany
Radiologe 47:962-73. 2007..CTA, including so-called image postprocessing, has taken over the prime role in imaging of the aorta. Disease-specific diagnostic algorithms are useful and necessary in day-to-day clinical practice...
- Successful management of a combined ruptured Stanford type B aortic dissection and malperfusion syndrome with an endoluminal graftJacques Kpodonu
The Division of Cardiac Surgery, North Western Memorial Hospital, 201 East Huron Street, Galter 11 140, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 7:339-41. 2008..We describe the use of an endoluminal graft to treat a patient with an acute type B dissection associated with malperfusion and thoracic aortic rupture...
- Long-term surveillance is paramount after implantation of the Vanguard stent-graft for abdominal aortic aneurysmsI Van Herzeele
Department of Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, Ghent University Hospital, Ghent, Belgium
J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino) 49:59-66. 2008..The aim of this study was to describe the results and long-term follow-up of the Vanguard endovascular graft for infrarenal abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) repair...
- Early experience shows rapid shrinking of abdominal aortic aneurysms after endovascular treatment with Anaconda deviceA Stehr
Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Regensburg, Germany
Vasa 36:199-204. 2007..The Anaconda prosthesis is a new endovascular device for abdominal aortic aneurysms repair...
- Use of the right brachio-femoral wire approach to manage a thoracic aortic aneurysm in an extremely angulated and tortuous aorta with an endoluminal stent graftJacques Kpodonu
Division of Cardiac Surgery, North Western Memorial Hospital, 201 East Huron Street, Galter 11 140, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 7:269-71. 2008..We describe the use of a right brachio-femoral wire approach to treat a thoracic aortic aneurysm in a 75-year-old man with an elongated, tortuous and angulated arch aorta...
- Strategies to reduce the rate of type II endoleaks: routine intraoperative embolization of the inferior mesenteric artery and thrombin injection into the aneurysm sacCarl Muthu
Auckland Regional Endovascular Unit and Interventional Radiology Services, Auckland City Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand
J Endovasc Ther 14:661-8. 2007..To determine whether the rate of type II endoleaks following endovascular aneurysm repair (EVAR) can be decreased using a branch vessel management strategy...
- Periaortic endograft infection due to Listeria monocytogenes treated with graft preservationBen R Saleem
Department of Surgery Division of Vascular Surgery, University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Vasc Surg 47:635-7. 2008..In the described case, radiological drainage and prolonged antibiotic treatment resulted in favourable outcome at midterm follow-up with preservation of the endograft...
- Hybrid thoracoabdominal aneurysm repair with simultaneous antegrade visceral revascularization and supra-aortic debranching from the ascending aortaGiovanni Torsello
Department of Vascular Surgery, St Franziskus Hospital, Munster, Germany
J Endovasc Ther 14:342-6. 2007..To describe a hybrid technique involving combined antegrade revascularization of both supra-aortic and visceral arteries and complete exclusion of a dissecting thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysm (TAAA)...
- Improved outcomes with endovascular stent grafts for thoracic aorta transectionsI V Mohan
Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Missenden Road, Camperdown, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 36:152-7. 2008..To retrospectively assess the outcome of endovascular stent-graft implantation for thoracic aortic transections (ETAT)...
- Hybrid antegrade repair of the arch and descending thoracic aorta with a new integrated stent-Dacron graft in acute type A aortic dissection: a look into the future with new devicesCarlos A Mestres
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Hospital Clinico, University of Barcelona, Villarroel 170, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 6:257-9. 2007..Transesophageal echocardiography at eight weeks confirmed repair. The patient is currently leading an active life. A hybrid approach for complex cases of acute type A dissection with arch involvement can be considered for the future...
- Endovascular abdominal aortic aneurysm repair: 5-year follow-up resultsR M Sandford
Vascular Surgery Group, Department of Cardiovascular Sciences, University of Leicester, Leicester Royal Infirmary, Leicester, UK
Ann Vasc Surg 22:372-8. 2008..EVAR has the advantages of shorter hospital stay and reduced perioperative morbidity and mortality. Long-term follow-up remains a priority following aortic stenting in order to detect late complications such as endoleak...
- Endovascular repair of an aortic arch aneurysm using a branched-stent graftR Brar
St George s Vascular Institute, St George s Hospital NHS Trust, Blackshaw Road, London SW17 0QT, UK
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 36:545-9. 2008..Aortic arch aneurysm repair continues to pose a formidable technical challenge in a patient population with significant co-morbidity...
- The aortic arch and ascending aorta: are they within the endovascular realm?M C Moon
Department of Vascular Surgery, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Semin Vasc Surg 20:97-107. 2007..Finally, as with any assessment of interventional strategies, rigorous follow-up and serial imaging are essential...
- Hybrid repair of an aortic arch aneurysm with complex anatomy: right aortic arch and anomalous origin of supra-aortic vesselsRoberto Chiesa
Department of Vascular Surgery, Vita Salute University, Scientific Institute H San Raffaele, Via Olgettina 60, 20132 Milan, Italy
J Vasc Surg 46:128-30. 2007..Aortic arch aneurysms with complex anatomy may be successfully treated with a less invasive hybrid approach using new generation devices...
- Aortic remodeling after endografting of thoracoabdominal aortic dissectionJulio A Rodriguez
Department of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, Arizona Heart Institute and Hospital, Phoenix, AZ 85006, USA
J Vasc Surg 47:1188-94. 2008....
- First report of a late type III endoleak from fabric tears of a Zenith stent graftAnders Wanhainen
Department of Surgery, Section of Vascular Surgery, Uppsala University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
J Vasc Surg 48:723-6. 2008..The defect was repaired by a relining procedure with an Excluder stent graft. The patient, however, died 3 weeks after admission...
- Case report of cardiac arrest, abdominal compartment syndrome, and thoracic aortic injury with endovascular repair of thoracic aortic tearRandy M Stevens
Department of Surgery, University of Miami Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
J Card Surg 22:358-61. 2007..We report a case of TAI who presented in hemorrhagic shock and preoperative cardiac arrest who was successfully treated with large volume resuscitation, closed chest cardiac massage, exploratory laparotomy, and thoracic endografting...
- eComment: Can we use endovascular graft stenting in all type B dissections?Mehmet Ates
Siyami Ersek Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery Center, Istanbul 34732, Turkey
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 7:341. 2008
- Management of an aorto-caval fistula from a ruptured aortic false aneurysm using a covered stent graftIkuo Fukuda
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Hirosaki University School of Medicine, 5 Zaifu cho, Hirosaki, Aomori, 036 8562, Japan
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 6:682-4. 2007..Stent-grafting for abdominal aorta was performed. Intra- and postoperative examination revealed no leakage from the aorta to the vena cava. Endoluminal treatment for aorto-caval fistula is efficacious as less invasive treatment...
- A study of aortic dimension in type B aortic dissectionShang Dong Xu
Cardiac Surgery Division, Beijing Institute of Heart, Lung and Vascular Diseases, Beijing Anzhen Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing 100029, China
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 7:244-8. 2008..Stent-graft with tapered design may be a viable treatment option for endovascular repair of type B aortic dissection...
- Thoracic aortic emergencies: impact of endovascular surgeryGabriele Iannelli
Department of Cardiac Surgery, University Federico II of Naples, Naples, Italy
Ann Thorac Surg 77:591-6. 2004..To obviate this risk, endovascular surgery is considered to be a valid alternative procedure...
- Staged open and endovascular repair of thoracoabdominal aneurysms using the common carotid arteryDavid Murray
Department of Vascular Surgery, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester, UK
Ann Vasc Surg 19:103-7. 2005..From this experience we conclude that staged open and endovascular repair for both ruptured and elective Crawford extent II thoracoabdominal aneurysms can be performed using the common carotid artery, when anatomy is favorable...
- Computed tomography-detected abnormalities following conventional abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) repairG Libertiny
Department of Surgery, Royal Berkshire Hospital, Reading, UK
Cardiovasc Surg 10:299-303. 2002..To determine how time since the operation influences vascular abnormalities following conventional infrarenal abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) repair...
- Treatment of thoracoabdominal aneurysm with self-expandable aortic stent graftsJosé Honório Palma
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Medical School, Sao Paulo Federal University, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Ann Thorac Surg 74:1685-7. 2002..The infrarenal aneurysm was treated with a bifurcated stent graft to the iliac arteries. The patient has had a smooth post-stent insertion course and remains well after 3 months of follow-up...
- Staged endovascular stent-grafting and surgical treatment of a secondary aortoduodenal fistulaF Biancari
Department of Surgery, Oulu University Hospital, P O Box 21, 90229 Oulu, Finland
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 31:42-3. 2006..Forty days after stent-grafting, Tc-99m-HMPAO labelled leukocyte scanning failed to identify leukocyte infiltration of the graft and there were no clinical signs of infection. At 8-month follow up, the patient was asymptomatic...
- Acute retrograde aortic dissection during endovascular repair of a thoracic aortic aneurysmNoella Bethuyne
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Academic Hospital, Free University of Brussels, Brussels, Belgium noella bethuyne pi be
Ann Thorac Surg 75:1967-9. 2003..Emergent open surgical repair provided a successful outcome...
- How to guide stent-graft implantation in type B aortic dissection? Comparison of angiography, transesophageal echocardiography, and intravascular ultrasoundDietmar H Koschyk
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Circulation 112:I260-4. 2005..Despite growing interest in stent-graft implantation for type-B aortic dissection, there are no established recommendations to prepare and perform an implantation procedure...
- Midterm outcome of endovascular repair of ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysmsLukas Hechelhammer
Institute of Diagnostic Radiology, University Hospital of Zurich, CH 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
J Vasc Surg 41:752-7. 2005..We sought to analyze the clinical and morphologic outcomes of bifurcated stent grafts in patients with ruptured aortoiliac aneurysms at midterm follow-up...
- Emergent endovascular stent-graft placement to treat ruptured Stanford type B acute aortic dissectionSaori Kawamura
Department of Emergency and Critical Care Medicine, Kitasato University School of Medicine, Kanagawa, Japan
J Vasc Surg 39:668-71. 2004..We report successful stent-graft placement in two patients with acute type B dissection with rupture, and discuss the advantages of stent-graft placement to treat ruptured acute type B dissection...
- Traumatic aortic dissection and coronary fistula treated with transcatheter managementPaul D Williams
Manchester Heart Centre, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester, United Kingdom
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 70:1013-7. 2007....
- Long-term results of combined surgical and radiological intervention in complicated aortic dissection type-A. A case reportW Cwikiel
Center for Medical Imaging and Physiology and Center for Heart and Lung Diseases, University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Acta Radiol 42:393-7. 2001..The patient was able to return to normal active life, and all stented arteries remained patent after 32 months. A stent that was mispositioned across the aortic lumen did not cause any symptoms...
- Endovascular treatment of complicated aortic aneurysms in patients with underlying arteriopathiesDonald T Baril
Division of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
Ann Vasc Surg 20:464-71. 2006..EVSG repair of aortic aneurysms is feasible and can be safely performed in patients with arteriopathies. Long-term durability in this younger group of patients who carry an ongoing risk of arterial degeneration remains to be determined...
- Adjunctive primary stenting of Zenith endograft limbs during endovascular abdominal aortic aneurysm repair: implications for limb patencyNayan Sivamurthy
Division of Vascular Surgery, University of California San Francisco Medical Center, 94143 0222, USA
J Vasc Surg 43:662-70. 2006..The insertion of additional stents within the endograft limb may prevent future occlusion. This study evaluates limb patency with and without adjunctive stenting of endograft limbs at the time of endovascular AAA repair...
- Filling of the aneurysmal sac with DEAC-glucosamine in an animal model of abdominal aortic aneurysm following stent-graft repairR Uflacker
Unit of Interventional Radiology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino) 47:425-36. 2006....
- Malpractice in invasive cardiology: is angiography of abdominal aorta or subclavian artery appropriate in patients undergoing coronary angiography? A meta analysisGianluca Rigatelli
Interventional Cardiology Unit, Rovigo General Hospital, Rovigo, Italy
Int J Cardiovasc Imaging 21:591-8. 2005..The present mata-analysis is aimed to analyze the appropriateness and results of screening angiography of subclavian or abdominal aorta performed at the time of coronary angiography...
- [Application of spiral computerized tomography in the study of traumatic lesions of the thoracic aorta]E Mengozzi
Unità Operativa di Radiologia I, Dipartimento di Diagnostica per Immagini, Ospedale Maggiore, Azienda Unita Sanitaria Locale, Bologna
Radiol Med 100:139-44. 2000....
- Anomalies of the coronary arteries in childrenB Werner
Clinic of Pediatric Cardiology, Medical University, Warsaw, Poland
Med Sci Monit 7:1285-91. 2001..The most common cause of acquired abnormalities of the coronary vessels in children is Kawasaki Disease. The purpose of the present study is to analyze the clinical picture and diagnostic methodology for coronary anomalies in children...
- Osteoprotegerin and osteopontin in aortic aneurysmJonathan Golledge; Fiscal Year: 2009..Understanding the role of these calcium-controlling proteins in artery weakness and how drug therapy can interfere in these effects is an important step in the development of new treatment for aortic aneurysm. ..
- Homocysteine/Hypertension & Vascular Lesion FormationPeter Lin; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- VOLUMETRIC ANALYSIS OF THE AORTA AND ITS BRANCHESGeoffrey Rubin; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- MMP-9-Dependent Vessel Wall Remodeling is NO-DependentGilbert Upchurch; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Thrombus resolution is CXC chemokine dependentPeter Henke; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Improving Radiologist Detection of Lung Nodules with CADGeoffrey Rubin; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Vein wall remodeling after DVT is matrix metalloproteinase dependentPeter Henke; Fiscal Year: 2009..This proposal will provide important mechanistic insight into the pathophysiology of post-phelbitic syndrome with real potential translation to decreasing the morbidity from this under-acknowledged disease. ..
- Nanoparticles for Molecular MRI of AtherosclerosisZahi Fayad; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies will provide the basis for future advances in experimental studies of atherosclerogenesis and new clinical applications of non-invasive, in vivo MR imaging of atherosclerotic lesions. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..