Genomes and Genes
Summary: Radiography of blood vessels after injection of a contrast medium.
Publications390 found, 100 shown here
- Nephrotoxic effects in high-risk patients undergoing angiographyPeter Aspelin
Department of Radiology, Huddinge University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
N Engl J Med 348:491-9. 2003..The use of iodinated contrast medium can result in nephropathy. Whether iso-osmolar contrast medium is less nephrotoxic than low-osmolar contrast medium in high-risk patients is uncertain...
- Ultrahigh sensitive optical microangiography for in vivo imaging of microcirculations within human skin tissue bedsLin An
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97237, USA
Opt Express 18:8220-8. 2010..the detailed cutaneous blood flow at capillary level within dermis of human skin can be imaged by optical micro-angiography (OMAG) technique. A novel scanning protocol, i.e...
- Image quality and radiation exposure at pulmonary CT angiography with 100- or 120-kVp protocol: prospective randomized studyChristoph M Heyer
Institute of Diagnostic Radiology, Interventional Radiology and Nuclear Medicine, BG Clinics Bergmannsheil, Ruhr University of Bochum, Buerkle de la Camp Platz 1, D 44789, Bochum, Germany
Radiology 245:577-83. 2007..To prospectively compare 16-section multidetector computed tomography (CT) at 100 and 120 kVp for image quality and radiation dose...
- CT angiography of pulmonary arteries to detect pulmonary embolism: improvement of vascular enhancement with low kilovoltage settingsClaudia Schueller-Weidekamm
Department of Radiology, University Hospital of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Radiology 241:899-907. 2006....
- Follow-up of patients with previous vascular interventions: role of multidetector row computed tomographic angiography of the abdominal aorta and lower extremitiesM Romano
J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino) 45:89-91. 2004
- Sixty-four-section multidetector CT angiography of carotid arteries: a systematic analysis of image quality and artifactsJ J Kim
Department of Radiology, Neuroradiology Section, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 0628, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 31:91-9. 2010..The goals of this study were to systematically measure image quality and determine the prevalence of various types of artifacts produced by a 64-section scanner...
- Computed tomography angiography of the carotid arteries at low kV settings: a prospective randomised trial assessing radiation dose and diagnostic confidenceDietrich Beitzke
Division of Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiology, Medical University Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Eur Radiol 21:2434-44. 2011To assess radiation dose and diagnostic image quality of a low-dose (80 kV) versus a standard-dose (120 kV) protocol for computed tomography angiography (CTA) of the supra-aortic arteries.
- Infrarenal aortic and lower-extremity arterial disease: diagnostic performance of multi-detector row CT angiographyCarlo Catalano
Department of Radiology, University of Rome La Sapienza, Viale Regina Elena 324, 00161 Rome, Italy
Radiology 231:555-63. 2004To compare multi-detector row spiral computed tomographic (CT) angiography with digital subtraction angiography (DSA) in evaluation of the infrarenal aorta and lower-extremity arterial system.
- Multi-detector row CT angiography of the brain at various kilovoltage settingsBirgit B Ertl-Wagner
Institute of Clinical Radiology, Klinikum Grosshadern, University of Munich, Marchioninistr 15, D 81377 Munich, Germany
Radiology 231:528-35. 2004To investigate image quality and vascular delineation of multi-detector row computed tomographic (CT) angiography at various kilovoltage settings.
- Anatomical variations of the vertebral artery segment in the lower cervical spine: analysis by three-dimensional computed tomography angiographyJae Taek Hong
Department of Neurosurgery, Catholic University of Korea, St Vincent s Hospital, Suwon, Korea
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 33:2422-6. 2008Observational study with retrospective computerized tomography (CT) angiography analysis.
- Use of 3D-computed tomography angiography for planning the surgical removal of pineal region meningiomas using Poppen's approach: a report of ten cases and a literature reviewYunqian Li
Department of Neurosurgery, The First Bethune Hospital of Jilin University, 71 Xinmin Avenue, Changchun 130021, China
World J Surg Oncol 9:64. 2011..We present our experience with the use of 3D-computed tomography angiography for planning the surgical removal of pineal region meningiomas using a suboccipital transtentorial approach (..
- Split-spectrum amplitude-decorrelation angiography with optical coherence tomographyYali Jia
Casey Eye Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Opt Express 20:4710-25. 2012..To overcome this limitation, we developed split-spectrum amplitude-decorrelation angiography (SSADA) to improve the signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) of flow detection...
- Angiographic embolization for gastroduodenal hemorrhage: safety, efficacy, and predictors of outcomeGeorge A Poultsides
Department of Surgery, University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Farmington, CT, USA
Arch Surg 143:457-61. 2008..To examine the safety, efficacy, and predictors of outcome of angiographic embolization in the management of gastroduodenal hemorrhage...
- Intraoperative indocyanine green angiography for obliteration of a spinal dural arteriovenous fistulaGeoffrey P Colby
Departments of Neurosurgery, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
J Neurosurg Spine 11:705-9. 2009..Indocyanine green (ICG) fluorescent angiography is an emerging tool for delineating intraoperative vascular anatomy, and it has significant potential utility ..
- Angiographically negative acute arterial upper and lower gastrointestinal bleeding: incidence, predictive factors, and clinical outcomesJin Hyoung Kim
Department of Radiology, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Radiol 10:384-90. 2009..To evaluate the incidence, predictive factors, and clinical outcomes of angiographically negative acute arterial upper and lower gastrointestinal (GI) bleeding...
- Quantification and detectability of in-stent stenosis with CT angiography and MR angiography in arterial stents in vitroMelanie B Blum
Division of Angiography and Interventional Radiology, Department of Radiology, Medical University of Vienna, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, 1090 Vienna, Austria
AJR Am J Roentgenol 189:1238-42. 2007The purpose of this study was to compare CT angiography (CTA) and MR angiography (MRA) for the detectability of 75% and 95% stenoses in phantoms using six different stents.
- In vivo volumetric imaging of vascular perfusion within human retina and choroids with optical micro-angiographyLin An
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97237, USA
Opt Express 16:11438-52. 2008Optical micro-angiography (OMAG), based on Fourier domain optical coherence tomography (OCT), is a recently developed imaging modality that provides dynamic blood flow imaging within microcirculation tissue beds in vivo...
- Management and outcome of hemorrhage due to arterial pseudoaneurysms in pancreatitisHendrik Bergert
Department of Visceral, Thoracic, and Vascular Surgery, Technical University of Dresden, Germany
Surgery 137:323-8. 2005..The optimal treatment modality is controversial. Operative treatment and interventional treatment, either alone or as a temporizing method with a later operation, are options...
- Vascular abnormalities in patients with neurofibromatosis syndrome type I: clinical spectrum, management, and resultsGustavo S Oderich
Division of Vascular Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Gonda Vascular Center, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Vasc Surg 46:475-484. 2007..Vascular abnormalities are a well-recognized manifestation of NF-I. The purpose of this study is to review the spectrum, management, and clinical outcome of patients with vascular abnormalities and NF-I...
- Massive hemoptysis due to Rasmussen aneurysm: detection with helicoidal CT angiography and successful steel coil embolizationClément Picard
Service de Réanimation Respiratoire et de Pneumologie, Hopital Tenon, 4 rue de la Chine, 75020 Paris, France
Intensive Care Med 29:1837-9. 2003..To present the successful management of two cases of massive hemoptysis related to pulmonary aneurysms in patients with active tuberculosis...
- Doppler optical micro-angiography for volumetric imaging of vascular perfusion in vivoRuikang K Wang
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97237, USA
Opt Express 17:8926-40. 2009We propose a Doppler optical micro-angiography (DOMAG) method to image flow velocities of the blood flowing in functional vessels within microcirculatory tissue beds in vivo...
- Rapid volumetric angiography of cortical microvasculature with optical coherence tomographyVivek J Srinivasan
Photon Migration Imaging Laboratory, MGH MIT HMS Athinoula A Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Massachusetts General Hospital Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
Opt Lett 35:43-5. 2010..By imaging during hypercapnia and comparing with simultaneous CCD imaging, the sources of contrast of OCT angiography are investigated.
- How I do it: CT pulmonary angiographyConrad Wittram
Department of Thoracic Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Founders 202, 55 Fruit St, Boston, MA 02114, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 188:1255-61. 2007....
- Photoacoustic angiography of the breastRobert A Kruger
OptoSonics, Inc, 108 Straight Road, Oriental, North Carolina 28571, USA
Med Phys 37:6096-100. 2010..Vasculature is visualized by virtue of its high hemoglobin content compared to surrounding breast parenchyma. The technique is compatible with dynamic contrast-enhanced studies...
- Acute massive gastrointestinal bleeding: detection and localization with arterial phase multi-detector row helical CTWoong Yoon
Department of Radiology, Chonnam National University Hospital, Chonnam National University Medical School, 8 Hak Dong, Dong Gu, Gwangju 501 757, Republic of Korea
Radiology 239:160-7. 2006To prospectively evaluate accuracy of arterial phase multi-detector row helical computed tomography (CT) for detection and localization of acute massive gastrointestinal (GI) bleeding, with angiography as reference standard.
- Nonoperative management of blunt splenic injury: a 5-year experienceJames M Haan
R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center, University of Maryland Medical Center, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
J Trauma 58:492-8. 2005..The purpose of this study was to examine the success rate of nonoperative management of blunt splenic injury in an institution using splenic embolization...
- Aorto-iliac multidetector-row CT angiography with low kV settings: improved vessel enhancement and simultaneous reduction of radiation doseB Wintersperger
Department of Clinical Radiology, University of Munich, Marchioninistrasse 15, 81377, Munich, Germany
Eur Radiol 15:334-41. 2005The aim of the study was to implement an abdominal CT angiography protocol using 100 kVp and to compare SNR and CNR, as well as subjective image quality, to a standard CT angiography protocol using 120 kVp on a 16 detector-row CT scanner...
- Incremental value of CT venography combined with pulmonary CT angiography for the detection of thromboembolic disease: systematic review and meta-analysisSonal Krishan
Radiology Academy, Leeds Teaching Hospital NHS Trust, Yorkshire, United Kingdom
AJR Am J Roentgenol 196:1065-72. 2011The objective of our study was to assess the incremental role of CT venography (CTV) combined with pulmonary CT angiography (CTA) in detecting venous thromboembolic disease with a systematic review and meta-analysis of the literature.
- The application of indocyanine green fluorescence angiography in plastic surgeryDaniel Z Liu
Division of Plastic Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, USA
J Reconstr Microsurg 27:355-64. 2011..An emerging technology using near-infrared angiography with indocyanine green (ICG) dye may significantly improve the immediacy and accuracy of the assessment of flap ..
- Influence of intracranial aneurysm-to-parent vessel size ratio on hemodynamics and implication for rupture: results from a virtual experimental studyMarkus Tremmel
Department of Neurosurgery, University at Buffalo, State University of New York, Buffalo, New York, USA
Neurosurgery 64:622-30; discussion 630-1. 2009..As hemodynamics have been implicated in both IA development and rupture, we examine how varying SR influences intra-aneurysmal hemodynamics...
- Fenoldopam mesylate for the prevention of contrast-induced nephropathy: a randomized controlled trialGregg W Stone
Department of Cardiology, Cardiovascular Research Foundation and Lenox Hill Heart and Vascular Institute, New York, NY 10022, USA
JAMA 290:2284-91. 2003....
- Clinical evaluation and potential radiation dose reduction of the novel sinogram-affirmed iterative reconstruction technique (SAFIRE) in abdominal computed tomography angiographyChristoph Schabel
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, University Hospital Tubingen, Hoppe Seyler Strasse 3, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Acad Radiol 20:165-72. 2013Computed tomographic angiography is the standard in routine follow-up after endovascular aneurysm repair, causing radiation exposure; thus, dose-saving strategies should be applied...
- The prevalence of clinically relevant incidental findings on chest computed tomographic angiograms ordered to diagnose pulmonary embolismWilliam B Hall
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Campus Box 7020, 130 Mason Farm Rd, Chapel Hill, NC 27514
Arch Intern Med 169:1961-5. 2009..Our objective was to determine the prevalence and management implications of incidental findings on chest CTAs ordered to assess for PE...
- Reduced-dose low-voltage chest CT angiography with Sinogram-affirmed iterative reconstruction versus standard-dose filtered back projectionFrancois Pontana
Departments of Thoracic Imaging and Medical Statistics, Hôpital Calmette EA 2694 Université Lille Nord de France, Boulevard Jules Leclercq, 59037 Lille, France
Radiology 267:609-18. 2013To evaluate image quality of low-voltage chest computed tomographic (CT) angiography with raw data-based iterative reconstruction (sonogram-affirmed iterative reconstruction) in comparison with image quality of standard-dose standard-..
- CT angiography: injection and acquisition techniqueDominik Fleischmann
Department of Radiology, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, CA 94305 5105, USA
Radiol Clin North Am 48:237-47, vii. 2010..Together with automated tube current modulation and weight-based injection protocols, both radiation exposure and contrast medium enhancement can be individualized...
- High-pitch dual-source CT angiography of the thoracic and abdominal aorta: is simultaneous coronary artery assessment possible?Robert Goetti
Institute of Diagnostic Radiology, University Hospital Zurich, Raemistrasse 100, CH 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
AJR Am J Roentgenol 194:938-44. 2010..of this study was to prospectively evaluate the average heart rate and heart rate variability required for diagnostic imaging of the coronary arteries with high-pitch dual-source CT angiography of the thoracic and thoracoabdominal aorta.
- Image fusion in dual energy computed tomography: effect on contrast enhancement, signal-to-noise ratio and image quality in computed tomography angiographyFlorian F Behrendt
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University Hospital RWTH Aachen, Aachen, Germany
Invest Radiol 44:1-6. 2009The aim of this study was to evaluate the influence of different weighting factors on contrast enhancement, signal-to-noise ratio (SNR), and image quality in image fusion in dual energy computed tomography (DECT) angiography.
- Effect of computerized clinical decision support on the use and yield of CT pulmonary angiography in the emergency departmentAli S Raja
Center for Evidence Based Imaging and Department of Radiology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 75 Francis St, Neville House 312 E, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Radiology 262:468-74. 2012To determine the effect of evidence-based clinical decision support (CDS) on the use and yield of computed tomographic (CT) pulmonary angiography for acute pulmonary embolism (PE) in the emergency department (ED).
- MicroCT scanner performance and considerations for vascular specimen imagingMichael Marxen
Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Centre, Department of Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Med Phys 31:305-13. 2004..Imaging of PMMA tubing filled with MICROFIL shows that even vessels below 20 microm in diameter are detectable and that diameter estimation of vessels based on thresholding is possible with a precision of 2-3 pixels...
- The application of laser-assisted indocyanine green fluorescent dye angiography in microsurgical breast reconstructionMartin I Newman
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Cleveland Clinic Florida, Weston, Florida 33331, USA
J Reconstr Microsurg 25:21-6. 2009The benefits of laser-assisted indocyanine green fluorescence angiography have previously been demonstrated in cardiac surgery...
- Determination of glomerular filtration rate using dynamic CT-angiography: simultaneous acquisition of morphological and functional informationAndreas Helck
Department of Clinical Radiology, University Hospitals Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Invest Radiol 45:387-92. 2010To determine the feasibility of a dynamic CT angiography-protocol in regard to simultaneous assessment of morphology and function.
- Prevention of contrast-induced AKI: a review of published trials and the design of the prevention of serious adverse events following angiography (PRESERVE) trialSteven D Weisbord
Renal Section, VeteransAffairs PittsburghHealthcare System, Pittsburgh, PA 15240, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 8:1618-31. 2013..The Prevention of Serious Adverse Events following Angiography (PRESERVE) trial is a randomized, double-blind, multicenter trial that will enroll 8680 high-risk patients ..
- Comparison of standard- and low-tube voltage MDCT angiography in patients with peripheral arterial diseaseDaisuke Utsunomiya
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kumamoto University, 1 1 1, Honjo, Kumamoto shi, Kumamoto, 860 8556, Japan
Eur Radiol 20:2758-65. 2010We investigated the effect of low-tube-voltage CT angiography with a reduced volume of contrast agent on qualitative and quantitative parameters and the radiation dose in patients with peripheral arterial disease.
- Low density contrast agents for x-ray phase contrast imaging: the use of ambient air for x-ray angiography of excised murine liver tissueChristopher M Laperle
The Liver Research Center, Rhode Island Hospital and Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, RI, USA
Phys Med Biol 53:6911-23. 2008..The effect of water evaporation from livers during x-ray imaging on the visibility of blood vessels is delineated. The deformed vascular tree in a cancerous murine liver is imaged...
- Peripheral arterial occlusive disease: diagnostic performance and effect on therapeutic management of 64-section CT angiographyAlessandro Napoli
Department of Radiological Sciences, University of Rome La Sapienza, Viale Regina Elena 324, 00161 Rome, Italy
Radiology 261:976-86. 2011..the diagnostic performance and effect on therapeutic management of 64-section computed tomographic (CT) angiography in the assessment of steno-occlusive disease in patients with peripheral arterial disease (PAD), with ..
- Safety of gadolinium contrast angiography in patients with chronic renal insufficiencyAlbert D Sam
Department of Surgery, Division of Vascular Surgery, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Feinberg Northwestern University Medical School, 201 E Huron Street, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Vasc Surg 38:313-8. 2003..iodinated contrast medium-induced nephrotoxicity, gadolinium has been used increasingly for magnetic resonance angiography (MRA) or conventional digital subtraction angiography (DSA) to visualize arterial anatomy in patients ..
- Low-dose, wide-detector array thoracic aortic CT angiography using an iterative reconstruction technique results in improved image quality with lower noise and fewer artifactsPrabhakar Rajiah
Division of Radiology, Imaging Institute, Cardiovascular Imaging, Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH, USA
J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr 6:205-13. 2012..Iterative reconstruction techniques (IRTs) may improve image quality for low-dose imaging compared with filtered back projection (FBP) reconstruction...
- Suspected carotid artery stenosis: cost-effectiveness of CT angiography in work-up of patients with recent TIA or minor ischemic strokeAletta T R Tholen
Department of Radiology, Erasmus University Medical Center, PO Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Radiology 256:585-97. 2010..To assess the effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of state-of-the-art noninvasive diagnostic imaging strategies in patients with a transient ischemic attack (TIA) or minor stroke who are suspected of having carotid artery stenosis (CAS)...
- Three-dimensional retinal and choroidal capillary imaging by power Doppler optical coherence angiography with adaptive opticsKazuhiro Kurokawa
Computational Optics Group, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Japan
Opt Express 20:22796-812. 2012..capillary imaging, we used an enhanced vascular imaging technique, so called adaptive optics optical coherence angiography (AO-OCA)...
- Multidetector CT angiography in the evaluation of acute mesenteric ischemiaAmos Ofer
Radiology, Rambam Medical Center, Haifa, Israel
Eur Radiol 19:24-30. 2009The aim of this study was to determine the accuracy of multidetector row CT angiography in the diagnosis of acute mesenteric ischemia...
- Hepatocelluar nodules in liver cirrhosis: hemodynamic evaluation (angiography-assisted CT) with special reference to multi-step hepatocarcinogenesisOsamu Matsui
Department of Radiology, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa University, Japan
Abdom Imaging 36:264-72. 2011..Corona enhancement is thicker in encapsulated HCC and thin in HCC without pseudocapsule. To understand these hemodynamic changes during multi-step hepatocarcinogenesis is important, especially for early diagnosis and treatment of HCCs...
- Characterization of carotid plaque hemorrhage: a CT angiography and MR intraplaque hemorrhage studyJean Marie U-King-Im
Division of Neuroradiology, Department of Medical Imaging, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Stroke 41:1623-9. 2010..The main objective of this study was to evaluate CT angiographic (CTA) features that are able to predict the presence of intraplaque hemorrhage (IPH) as defined by MR-IPH...
- Time trends in pulmonary embolism in the United States: evidence of overdiagnosisRenda Soylemez Wiener
The Pulmonary Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Arch Intern Med 171:831-7. 2011Computed tomographic pulmonary angiography (CTPA) may improve detection of life-threatening pulmonary embolism (PE), but this sensitive test may have a downside: overdiagnosis and overtreatment (finding clinically unimportant emboli and ..
- State of the art low-dose CT angiography of the bodyHatem Alkadhi
Institute of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, University Hospital Zurich, Raemistr 100, 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Eur J Radiol 80:36-40. 2011This review summarizes current evidence based on pertinent literature on low-dose computed tomography angiography (CTA) of the body...
- Early experience with fluorescent angiography in free-tissue transfer reconstructionIvo A Pestana
Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 123:1239-44. 2009..The aim of this report is to describe the utility of laser-assisted indocyanine green fluorescent dye angiography in free-tissue transfer reconstruction.
- Vessel imaging with viable tumor analysis for quantification of tumor angiogenesisSharon E Ungersma
Department of Tumor Biology and Angiogenesis, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080 4990, USA
Magn Reson Med 63:1637-47. 2010..Here, this technique is validated with direct comparisons to ex vivo micro-CT angiography and histologic vessel measurements, showing significant correlations between in vivo vascular MRI measurements ..
- Signal compensation and compressed sensing for magnetization-prepared MR angiographyTolga Cukur
Helen Wills Neuroscience Institute, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 30:1017-27. 2011..The technique is successfully demonstrated for noncontrast-enhanced flow-independent angiography of the lower extremities, an application that substantially benefits from both the signal compensation and the ..
- 3D CT angiography of abdominal wall vascular perforators to plan DIEAP flapsGedge D Rosson
Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Microsurgery 27:641-6. 2007..Thus, we sought to evaluate ultra-high resolution 3D CT angiography for the preoperative mapping of DIEAP flap perforating vessels.
- Early selective angioembolization improves success of nonoperative management of blunt splenic injuryShih Chi Wu
Division of Trauma, Changhua Christian Hospital, Changhua, Taiwan
Am Surg 73:897-902. 2007..By using criteria developed based on abdominal CT scans for angioembolization, we are able to improve nonoperative splenic salvage rate...
- Three-dimensional characterization of the vascular bed in bone metastasis of the rat by microcomputed tomography (MicroCT)Herve Nyangoga
INSERM, U922 LHEA, IRIS IBS Institut de Biologie en Santé, CHU d Angers, Angers, France
PLoS ONE 6:e17336. 2011..Anatomy of blood vessels in tumors has been characterized with 2D techniques (histology or angiography)...
- Angiography of the retina and the choroid with phase-resolved OCT using interval-optimized backstitched B-scansBoy Braaf
Rotterdam Ophthalmic Institute, Schiedamse Vest 160, 3011 BH Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Opt Express 20:20516-34. 2012..Finally we analyzed depth-resolved histograms of volumetric phase-difference data to assess changes in amount of blood flow with depth. This analysis indicated different flow regimes in the retina and the choroid...
- Endovascular management of life-threatening retroperitoneal bleedingErhan Akpinar
Department of Radiology, Hacettepe University School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
ANZ J Surg 78:683-7. 2008..The aim of this study was to evaluate efficiency of embolotherapy in management of retroperitoneal bleedings...
- Preoperative CT angiography reduces surgery time in perforator flap reconstructionJeroen M Smit
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Uppsala University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 62:1112-7. 2009..During spring 2006, we introduced CT angiography (CTA) as part of the diagnostic work-up in perforator flap reconstructions to visualise each perforator more ..
- Venous thromboembolism: indirect CT venography during CT pulmonary angiography--should the pelvis be imaged?Sanjeeva P Kalva
Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, GRB 290, 55 Fruit St, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Radiology 246:605-11. 2008..To retrospectively determine the relative contribution of pelvic and lower-extremity indirect computed tomographic (CT) venography to the diagnosis of venous thromboembolism (VTE) in patients undergoing CT for pulmonary embolism (PE)...
- Trends in use and yield of chest computed tomography with angiography for diagnosis of pulmonary embolism in a Connecticut hospital emergency departmentIan D Weir
Norwalk Hospital, Section of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, USA
Conn Med 74:5-9. 2010We hypothesize that the ready availability of chest computed tomography (CT) scan, with angiography (CTA), for pulmonary embolism (PE) has resulted in its increased use in the emergency department (ED) with an associated decrease in ..
- Influence of coronary artery disease prevalence on predictive values of coronary CT angiography: a meta-regression analysisPeter Schlattmann
Department of Medical Statistics, Informatics and Documentation, University Hospital of Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Jena, Germany
Eur Radiol 21:1904-13. 2011To evaluate the impact of coronary artery disease (CAD) prevalence on the predictive values of coronary CT angiography.
- Microbubble-based synchrotron radiation phase contrast imaging: basic study and angiography applicationsRongbiao Tang
Department of Radiology, Ruijin Hospital, School of Medicine, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai 200025, People s Republic of China
Phys Med Biol 56:3503-12. 2011..purpose of the study was to evaluate the feasibility of microbubbles as phase contrast imaging (PCI) agents for angiography applications...
- CT angiography in the evaluation of acute pulmonary embolusMary M Costantino
Department of Radiology, Oregon Health Science University, 3183 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd, Portland, OR 97239 3098, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 191:471-4. 2008The purpose of this study was to assess the appropriate use of CT angiography (CTA) in the diagnostic evaluation of acute pulmonary embolism (PE).
- Use of 99mTc-MIBI scintigraphy in the evaluation of the response to chemotherapy for osteosarcoma: comparison with 201Tl scintigraphy and angiographyShinji Miwa
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Kanazawa University School of Medicine, 13 1 Takara machi, Kanazawa, Ishikawa, 920 8640, Japan
Int J Clin Oncol 16:373-8. 2011..study, we investigated the use of (99m)Tc-hexakis-2-methoxyisobutyl-isonitrile ((99m)Tc-MIBI) scintigraphy in evaluating the response to chemotherapy of patients with osteosarcoma in comparison with (201)Tl scintigraphy and angiography.
- Patient exposure and image quality of low-dose pulmonary computed tomography angiography: comparison of 100- and 80-kVp protocolsZsolt Szucs-Farkas
Department of Diagnostic, Interventional and Paediatric Radiology, University Hospital and University of Berne, Berne, Switzerland
Invest Radiol 43:871-6. 2008..injected iodine mass are becoming more important with the widespread and often repetitive use of pulmonary CT angiography (CTA) in patients with suspected pulmonary embolism...
- Utilization patterns and diagnostic yield of 3421 consecutive multidetector row computed tomography pulmonary angiograms in a busy emergency departmentJay H Donohoo
Brown Medical School, Department of Diagnostic Imaging, Rhode Island Hospital, 593 Eddy Street, Providence, RI 02903, USA
J Comput Assist Tomogr 32:421-5. 2008To compare examination volume and diagnostic yield of computed tomography (CT) pulmonary angiography (CTPA) and ventilation-perfusion (V/Q) scintigraphy for detection of suspected pulmonary embolism (PE) in emergency department patients.
- Exclusion of acute pulmonary embolism: computed tomography pulmonary angiogram or D-dimer?C W Eng
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, 11 Jalan Tan Tock Seng, Singapore
Singapore Med J 50:403-6. 2009..The aim of our study was to determine the accuracy of the D-dimer test in the exclusion of pulmonary embolism...
- Hemodynamic effects of recombinant human erythropoietin on the central nervous system after subarachnoid hemorrhage: reduction of microcirculatory impairment and functional deficits in a rabbit modelAmanda M Murphy
Imaging Program, Lawson Health Research Institute, London, Ontario, Canada
J Neurosurg 109:1155-64. 2008..The authors investigated the hemodynamic effects of recombinant human erythropoietin (rhEPO) after subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH) in rabbits...
- Liver injuries--improved results with a formal protocol including angiographyChristine Gaarder
Trauma Unit, Emergency Division, Ullevaal University Hospital, N 0407 Oslo, Norway
Injury 38:1075-83. 2007We hypothesised that a formal treatment protocol for liver injuries including angiography would increase the non-operative management (NOM) rate and would be efficient as an adjunct to damage control surgery.
- Reconstruction and finite element mesh generation of abdominal aortic aneurysms from computerized tomography angiography data with minimal user interactionsM Auer
Department of Solid Mechanics, School of Engineering Sciences, Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 29:1022-8. 2010..This paper used 2D and 3D deformable models to reconstruct aneurysms from computerized tomography angiography data with minimal user interactions...
- Refractory bleeding from gastroduodenal ulcers: arterial embolization in high-operative-risk patientsRomaric Loffroy
Department of Vascular and Interventional Radiology, Bocage Hospital, University Hospital Center, 2 Boulevard Marechal de Lattre de Tassigny, Dijon Cedex, France
J Clin Gastroenterol 42:361-7. 2008..We evaluated the efficacy and medium-term outcomes of transcatheter embolization to control massive bleeding from gastroduodenal ulcers after failed endoscopic treatment in high-operative-risk patients...
- Transcatheter arterial embolization in gastric cancer patients with acute bleedingHyun Joo Lee
Department of Radiology and Research Institute of Radiology, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, Songpa Gu, Seoul, Korea
Eur Radiol 19:960-5. 2009..Although the clinical success rate was not high, the recurrent bleeding rate was low at 1 month post procedure...
- Assessment of incomplete clipping of aneurysms intraoperatively by a near-infrared indocyanine green-video angiography (Niicg-Va) integrated microscopeS Imizu
Department of Neurosurgery, Fujita Health University Hospital, 1 98 Denga Kugakubo, Kutsukake, Toyoake, Aichi, Japan
Minim Invasive Neurosurg 51:199-203. 2008..flow, image quality, spatial resolution and clinical value in difficult aneurysms using near infrared indocyanine green video angiography integrated on to an operative Pentero neurosurgical microscope (Carl Zeiss, Oberkochen Germany).
- Indocyanine green video-angiography as an aid to surgical treatment of spinal dural arteriovenous fistulaeSamantha Hettige
Department of Neurosurgery, King s College Hospital, Denmark Hill, London SE5 9RS, UK
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 152:533-6. 2010To illustrate the use of indocyanine green (ICG) video-angiography to confirm abolition of spinal dural arteriovenous fistula (SDAVF) and preserve the normal vascular anatomy intraoperatively.
- Perfusion CT is superior to angiography in predicting pancreatic necrosis in patients with severe acute pancreatitisYoshihisa Tsuji
Department of Gastroenterology, Kurashiki Central Hospital, Okayama, Japan
J Gastroenterol 45:1155-62. 2010We performed perfusion computed tomography (P-CT) and angiography of the pancreas in patients with severe acute pancreatitis (SAP) and compared the usefulness of these two methods in predicting the development of pancreatic necrosis.
- Embolization of acute nonvariceal upper gastrointestinal hemorrhage resistant to endoscopic treatment: results and predictors of recurrent bleedingRomaric Loffroy
The Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiologic Science, Division of Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, 600 North Wolfe Street, Blalock 545, Baltimore, MD 21287 4010, USA
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 33:1088-100. 2010....
- Contrast harmonic ultrasound and indocyanine-green fluorescence video angiography for evaluation of dermal and subdermal microcirculation in free parascapular flapsL Prantl
Institute of Trauma, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University Hospital Regensburg, Germany
Clin Hemorheol Microcirc 38:105-18. 2008..The aim of the study was the evaluation of perfusion of the dermal and subdermal layers of microvascular tissue transplants with CHI in comparison to ICG-fluorescence angiography.
- Pulmonary embolism at CT angiography: implications for appropriateness, cost, and radiation exposure in 2003 patientsMark D Mamlouk
Department of Radiology, University of California, Irvine, Orange, Calif, USA
Radiology 256:625-32. 2010..accurately indicate the pretest probability for pulmonary embolism (PE), and if so, computed tomographic (CT) angiography might be targeted more appropriately than in current usage, resulting in decreased costs and radiation exposure.
- Arterial embolotherapy for endoscopically unmanageable acute gastroduodenal hemorrhage: predictors of early rebleedingRomaric Loffroy
Department of Interventional Radiology and Endovascular Therapy, University of Dijon School of Medicine, Bocage Teaching Hospital, Dijon, France
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 7:515-23. 2009..We aimed to identify predictors of recurrent bleeding within 30 days after transcatheter embolization for refractory hemorrhage from gastroduodenal ulcers...
- Synchrotron microangiography studies of angiogenesis in mice with microemulsions and gold nanoparticlesChia Chi Chien
Institute of Physics, Academia Sinica, Nankang, Taipei 115, Taiwan, China
Anal Bioanal Chem 397:2109-16. 2010..This enables direct imaging of drug delivery which is important for cancer treatment...
- Magnetic resonance imaging in peripheral arterial disease: reproducibility of the assessment of morphological and functional vascular statusBas Versluis
Department of Radiology, Maastricht University Medical Center MUMC, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Invest Radiol 46:11-24. 2011....
- Posterior wall capture and resultant common femoral occlusion complicating StarClose access closurePatrick A Stone
West Virginia University School of Medicine, Charleston Division, Charleston, WV, USA
J Vasc Surg 48:469-71. 2008..We provide objective observations from the rescue surgical intervention and discuss potential mechanisms of device failure...
- Catheter angiography, MR angiography, and MR perfusion in posterior reversible encephalopathy syndromeW S Bartynski
Department of Radiology, Division of Neuroradiology, University of Pittsburgh, Presbyterian University Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 29:447-55. 2008..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the catheter angiography (CA), MR angiography (MRA), and MR perfusion (MRP) features in PRES in order to render further insight into its ..
- Level set based cerebral vasculature segmentation and diameter quantification in CT angiographyR Manniesing
Department of Radiology, Image Sciences Institute, University Medical Center Utrecht, Heidelberglaan 100, Room E01 335, 3584 CX Utrecht, The Netherlands
Med Image Anal 10:200-14. 2006A level set based method is presented for cerebral vascular tree segmentation from computed tomography angiography (CTA) data...
- Reduced-dose CT: effect on reader evaluation in detection of pulmonary embolismJohn D MacKenzie
Department of Radiology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 189:1371-9. 2007..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effect of reduction in radiation dose on CT detection of pulmonary embolism...
- Preoperative staging and tumor resectability assessment of pancreatic cancer: prospective study comparing endoscopic ultrasonography, helical computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, and angiographyAntonio Soriano
Department of Gastroenterology, Institut de Malalties Digestives, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Am J Gastroenterol 99:492-501. 2004..efficacy of different strategies based on endoscopic ultrasonography (EUS), helical computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and angiography (A) in the staging and tumor resectability assessment of pancreatic cancer.
- Gastroduodenal artery stump haemorrhage following pylorus-sparing Whipple procedure: treatment with covered stentsGiancarlo Mansueto
Department of Radiology, University Hospital G B Rossi School of Medicine, Verona, Italy
Dig Surg 19:237-40. 2002..To report a case of bleeding after pancreatoduodenectomy in a patient with pancreatic leak and portal thrombosis who was successfully treated with an endovascular approach...
- Comprehensive in vivo micro-vascular imaging of the human eye by dual-beam-scan Doppler optical coherence angiographyShuichi Makita
Computational Optics Group in University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Opt Express 19:1271-83. 2011Comprehensive angiography provides insight into the diagnosis of vascular-related diseases...
- Preperitonal pelvic packing for hemodynamically unstable pelvic fractures: a paradigm shiftC Clay Cothren
Department of Surgery, Denver Health Medical Center, Dencer, CO 80204, USA
J Trauma 62:834-9; discussion 839-42. 2007..We hypothesized that a modified technique of direct preperitoneal pelvic packing (PPP) would reduce the need for angiography, decrease blood transfusion requirements, and lower mortality.
- The aspect ratio (dome/neck) of ruptured and unruptured aneurysmsBryce Weir
Section of Neurosurgery and Department of Health Studies, University of Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Neurosurg 99:447-51. 2003..A similar comparison was performed in relation to the maximum dimension of the aneurysm alone. The authors sought to evaluate the utility of these measures for differentiating ruptured and unruptured aneurysms...
- Splenic artery aneurysm of the anomalous splenomesenteric trunk: successful treatment by transcatheter embolization using detachable coilsMotohiro Sato
Department of Radiology, Ibaraki Prefectural Central Hospital, Tomobe machi, Nishiibaraki Gun, Ibaraki, Japan
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 29:432-4. 2006..We report a case of an aneurysm involving the origin of the splenic artery that anomalously arose from the SMA, and which was successfully treated using Guglielmi detachable coils...
- Treatment of profuse epistaxis in patients irradiated for nasopharyngeal carcinomaGeorge K C Wong
Division of Neurosurgery, Prince of Wales Hospital, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
ANZ J Surg 77:270-4. 2007..We aim to investigate the characteristics of this group of patients and our experience of endovascular embolization technique in the management of epistaxis in this group of patients...
- Role of conventional angiography in evaluation of patients with carotid artery stenosis demonstrated by Doppler ultrasound in general practiceA I Qureshi
Department of Neurosurgery and Toshiba Stroke Research Center, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, State University of New York, Buffalo, USA
Stroke 32:2287-91. 2001..We performed a 12-month prospective study to evaluate the accuracy of Doppler ultrasound in identifying patients for carotid intervention in general practice settings...
- Multidetector computerized tomography angiography to predict lumbar venous anatomy before donor nephrectomyLori B Schlunt
Division of Urology, Loma Linda University Medical Center, 11234 Anderson Street, Loma Linda, CA 92354, USA
J Urol 176:2576-81; discussion 2581. 2006Multidetector computerized tomography angiography has been used to predict renal anatomy before donor nephrectomy...
- Detection of submucosal gastric fundal varices with multi-detector row CT angiographyJ K Willmann
Institute of Diagnostic Radiology, University Hospital Zurich, Switzerland
Gut 52:886-92. 2003..The aim of this study was to evaluate if multi-detector row CT (MDCT) angiography contributes to the diagnosis of submucosal fundal varices.
- Characterization of changes in blood vessel width and tortuosity in retinopathy of prematurity using image analysisConor Heneghan
Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland
Med Image Anal 6:407-29. 2002....
- STATISITICAL DESIGN, MONITORING &COORD. OF VISION CLINICAL TRIALS &EPIDEMIOLOGYKeri Hammel; Fiscal Year: 2012..clinic under a screening or teaching protocol, or NIH protocol 08-EI-0103, High Speed Indocyanine Green Angiography Findings in Induction Regimen of Intravitreal Ranibizumab Injection for Neovascular Age Related Macular ..
- STATISITICAL DESIGN, MONITORING &COORD. OF VISION CLINICAL TRIALS &EPIDEMIOLOGYKeri Hammel; Fiscal Year: 2013..clinic under a screening or teaching protocol, or NIH protocol 08-EI-0103, High Speed Indocyanine Green Angiography Findings in Induction Regimen of Intravitreal Ranibizumab Injection for Neovascular Age Related Macular ..
- CCR3: a molecular marker for neovascular AMDJayakrishna Ambati; Fiscal Year: 2010..CCR3 detected CNV within the mouse choroid that had not yet invaded the retina and was invisible to fluorescein angiography. These findings define CCR3 as a novel specific molecular early diagnostic and therapeutic target in human CNV...
- Homocysteine and Angiotensin II in Renovascular RemodelingUtpal Sen; Fiscal Year: 2013..Vascular density will be measured by in vivo soft-tissue Barium sulfate-contrast X-ray angiography and renal cortical blood flow by moorFLPI full-filled laser perfusion imager...
- Surgical Indirect Revascularization For Symptomatic Intracranial Aterial StenosisNestor Gonzalez; Fiscal Year: 2013..This detailed knowledge on the timing of collateral development on digital subtraction angiography and of improved blood flow on perfusion MRI will provide useful physiologic information to monitor and refine ..
- Rapid Heart Attack Detection using an AC Electrokinetic DeviceRajaram Krishnan; Fiscal Year: 2011..Current methods of detection for CAD is easily diagnosed through routine stress testing and coronary angiography, however catastrophes such as MI remain highly unpredictable despite well known risk factors...
- Quantification and Characterization of Coronary Atherosclerotic Plaque by CTArmin A Zadeh; Fiscal Year: 2013..Dr. Zadeh gathered considerable expertise in the use of intravascular ultrasound, conventional coronary angiography, and cardiac computed tomography for the detection and characterization of coronary artery disease...
- CONTROL OF INNER EAR MICROCIRCULATIONAlfred L Nuttall; Fiscal Year: 2013..We developed the Optical Micro- Angiography method for the study of lateral wall cochlear blood flow...
- Portable Retinal Imaging Device for Urgent Referrals and Remote TreatmentMatthew S Muller; Fiscal Year: 2012..These high contrast images, along with fluorescein angiography (after a patient's ingestion of fluorescein dye) will detect treatable areas of vascular leakage and ..
- Characterization of Exudative Macular Degeneration and Diabetic Retinopathy UsingScott E Fraser; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Since its first use in the retina in 1961, fluorescein angiography (FA) has been the gold standard for objective characterization of retinovascular disease (e.g...
- Comparative effectiveness of noninvasive cardiac imagingMarcelo F Di Carli; Fiscal Year: 2010..g., myocardial perfusion SPECT), newer imaging technology including coronary computed tomography angiography (CCTA), and positron emission tomography (PET) are receiving considerable attention with the goal of improving ..
- DEVELOPING VIRTUAL COLONOSCOPY FOR CANCER SCREENINGJEROME Z LIANG; Fiscal Year: 2013..would be beneficial to other virtual endoscopy applications, such as extracting blood vessel wall for plaque analysis in virtual angiography and bladder wall for early detection of growth in virtual cystography.
- Genetics and Functional Studies of Age-Related Macular DegenerationKang Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2012..We will quantify the development of AMD-like features in these HTRA1 transgenic mice by ophthalmoscopy, angiography, immunohsitochemistry, biochemistry, and histopathology and compare them to age-matched wild-type mice...
- Computer-Aided Detection of Pulmonary Embolism on CT Pulmonary AngiographyChuan Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2012..Computed tomographic pulmonary angiography (CTPA) has been reported to be an effective means for clinical diagnosis of PE...
- Effect of Extended-Release Niacin on Saphenous Vein Graft AtherosclerosisEmmanouil Brilakis; Fiscal Year: 2013..with an intermediate SVG lesion (30%- 60% angiographic diameter stenosis on clinically-indicated coronary angiography), and HDL-C<60 mg/dL to ER-niacin at a dose of 1500-2000 mg daily or matching placebo for 12 months...
- Circle of Willis variability and migraineBRETT LEE CUCCHIARA; Fiscal Year: 2010..Using high-resolution 3 Tesla MR angiography, this project will determine the frequency of circle of Willis anomalies in patients with migraine compared to ..
- Longtitudinal Study of DialysisRulan S Parekh; Fiscal Year: 2012..of CVD using state of the art technology with computed tomography (CT) for coronary and valvular calcium and CT angiography as well as validated outcomes from echocardiography, pulse wave velocity and ankle brachial index...
- Dynamic ICG and FA SoftwareTimothy Holmes; Fiscal Year: 2009..the dye filling and draining through the vessels, modalities called dynamic ICG (d-ICG) or dynamic Fluorescein Angiography (d-FA)...
- PROMISE Trial: SDCCKerry L Lee; Fiscal Year: 2013..Further, the role of new technology such as coronary computed tomographic angiography (CTA) is uncertain...
- PROMISE Trial: EQOL Coordinating CenterDaniel B Mark; Fiscal Year: 2013..Further, the role of new technology such as coronary computed tomographic angiography (CTA) is uncertain...
- PROMISE Trial: Clinical Coordinating CenterPamela Susan Douglas; Fiscal Year: 2013..Further, the role of new technology such as coronary computed tomographic angiography (CTA) is uncertain...
- Functional MRI Monitoring of Hepatic ChemoembolizationANDREW CHRISTIAN LARSON; Fiscal Year: 2011..absolute changes in perfusion will be correlated with clinical outcomes, x-ray digital subtraction angiography (DSA) endpoints, and tumor angiogenic markers on tissue specimens...
- Chicago Healthy Aging Low Risk MRI Angiography (CHARISMA) StudyDonald M Lloyd-Jones; Fiscal Year: 2012..of LR/not-LR status in young adulthood on subCAD and cardiac structure and function, using coronary MR angiography and cardiac MRI...
- PCI Alternative Using Sustained Exercise (PAUSE)JONATHAN NEIL MYERS; Fiscal Year: 2012..of coronary function and anatomy with positron emission tomography combined with computed tomographic angiography (PET/CTA). PET will be used to measure myocardial perfusion and endothelial function...
- FUNCTIONAL MRI DATA AQUISITION AND ANALYSISJames J Pekar; Fiscal Year: 2011..contrasts, namely VASO and arterial spin labeling (ASL), and structural imaging including MP-RAGE and MR angiography. We will use data acquired at three field strengths (1.5, 3.0, and 7...
- Prasugrel for prevention of early saphenous vein graft thrombosisEmmanouil Brilakis; Fiscal Year: 2013..All patients will receive aspirin. Coronary angiography, optical coherence tomography, intravascular ultrasonography, and near-infrared spectroscopy of one target ..
- The Ischemia Trial - CCCJudith S Hochman; Fiscal Year: 2013..left main coronary artery disease, patients who meet eligibility criteria will undergo blinded coronary CT angiography. Patients will be randomized to an invasive group that will undergo routine cath with optimal revascularization,..
- 3D Ultrasound Guidance of Interventional DevicesStephen William Smith; Fiscal Year: 2012..of ionizing radiation exposure, poor tissue contrast and requirement for nephrotoxic contrast agents in angiography. Our hypothesis is that we can develop new generations of miniature 2D array transducers integrated into the ..
- MR Angiography and Renography for Renovascular DiseaseVivian S Lee; Fiscal Year: 2013..Essential hypertension and RAS often coexist, hence anatomic studies such as x-ray angiography do not accurately predict response to revascularization...
- Women's Ischemia Syndrome Evaluation (WISE) Coronary Vascular DysfunctionCarl J Pepine; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will recruit 375 women undergoing coronary angiography for suspected ischemia with no obstructive CAD...
- IVUS Detection of Rupture Prone PlaquesMarvin M Doyley; Fiscal Year: 2013..Current screening tests for the diagnosis of coronary atherosclerosis is limited. Coronary angiography, the "gold standard" employed to assess the severity of coronary disease in symptomatic patients, reveals only ..
- PROMISE Trial: Dx CoreUdo Hoffmann; Fiscal Year: 2013
- Molecular Imaging of Retrograde Nerve TransportDAWID NONE SCHELLINGERHOUT; Fiscal Year: 2013..Despite this burden of disease, we have no imaging contrast agents to effectively image nerves. We propose to develop an agent for Neurography, analogous to Angiography.
- The ISCHEMIA Trial - IICCLeslee J Shaw; Fiscal Year: 2012..left main coronary artery disease, patients who meet eligibility criteria will undergo blinded coronary CT angiography. Patients will be randomized to an invasive group that will undergo routine cath with optimal revascularization,..
- Genome Wide Association of Coronary Artery Disease and Related Risk FactorsUlrich Broeckel; Fiscal Year: 2012..biochemical characterization, as well as a detailed description of the coronary anatomy as determined by angiography and follow-up examinations...
- 4D MRI Development for Cardiovascular ImagingJing Liu; Fiscal Year: 2013..CT angiography (CTA) provides non-invasive assessment of CAD and ventricular function, however it involves exposure to ..
- Regulation of vascular leakage in age related macular degenerationMEREDITH GREGORY-KSANDER; Fiscal Year: 2013..However, fluorescein angiography revealed a significant decrease in vascular leakage in [unreadable]CS mice as compared to wild-type mice...
- ARFI ultrasound for noninvasive, Diagnostic atherosclerosis imagingCaterina M Gallippi; Fiscal Year: 2013..imaging methods are routinely employed to diagnosis peripheral atherosclerosis, including digital subtraction angiography as well as noninvasive alternatives such as magnetic resonance angiography (MRA) and duplex ultrasound...
- AN INNOVATIVE ULTRASOUND-BASED PROSPECTIVE-GATING TECHNIQUE FOR CARDIAC COMPUTEDSrini Tridandapani; Fiscal Year: 2013..issue, and the evaluation of coronary artery disease is currently based on either (1) catheter coronary angiography (CCA), which is very expensive and invasive with known significant complications or (2) CT coronary angiography ..
- The ISCHEMIA Trial - EQOLDaniel B Mark; Fiscal Year: 2013..Patients who meet eligibility criteria will undergo blinded coronary CT angiography to exclude significant left main coronary artery disease and nonobstructive disease...
- Evaluation of Vascular Malformation Hemodynamics Using ASL Perfusion MRIRonald L Wolf; Fiscal Year: 2010..Current noninvasive imaging methods like MR and CT angiography are inadequate for comprehensive evaluation of the complex vascular architecture and hemodynamics of these ..
- Dual Energy Computed Tomography for Determining Coronary Lesion-Specific IschemiaJames K Min; Fiscal Year: 2013..In contrast, coronary CT angiography (CCTA) enables direct anatomic visualization of CAD, but cannot discriminate whether a stenosis causes ischemia...
- In Vivo IVUS Image-Based Modeling for Human Coronary Plaque AssessmentJie Zheng; Fiscal Year: 2013..of this project is to combine anisotropic computational modeling with in vivo intravascular ultrasound (IVUS), angiography, ex vivo Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), mechanical testing, and pathohistological analysis to analyze ..
- Follow-up Study: Comparison of AMD Treatments Trial (CATT)Maureen G Maguire; Fiscal Year: 2013..measurement of visual acuity, optical coherent tomography (OCT), and fundus photography including fluorescein angiography. Previous large-scale clinical trials sponsored by industry have not provided reliable data on the long term ..
- Functional and Structural Optical Coherence Tomography for GlaucomaDavid Huang; Fiscal Year: 2013..2. Develop quantitative OCT angiography of the ONH...
- Improving Clinical Outcomes Following Subarachnoid Hemmorhage Using CT PerfusionPINA CHRISTINE SANELLI; Fiscal Year: 2012..design, A-SAH patients will be monitored according to their symptoms, transcranial Doppler ultrasound (TCD), CT angiography (CTA), CTP and digital subtraction angiograpghy (DSA) exams...
- Cerebral Autoregulation Monitoring to Reduce Brain Injury from Cardiac SurgeryOLA ARVID SELNES; Fiscal Year: 2013..Assessments for extra-cranial and intra-cranial arterial stenosis will be performed using MR angiography to control for this potential confounding variable in the analysis...
- Optical Tomographic Imaging of Peripheral Arterial DiseaseAndreas H Hielscher; Fiscal Year: 2013..ABI with PVR and all other existing diagnostic tests (such as Duplex Ultrasound or Magnetic resonance angiography), only provides accurate information about proximal occlusions in major arteries of the leg...
- Non-contrast 4-D Dynamic MRA in Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM)DANNY JIONG JIONG WANG; Fiscal Year: 2013..the gold standard for the detection and evaluation of vascular malformations, conventional digital subtraction angiography (DSA) is an invasive procedure bearing risks of neurological complications, as well as risks of ionizing ..
- Chemokines and Neovascularization in Coronary Artery DiseaseELLEN CATHERINE KEELEY; Fiscal Year: 2013..to test this hypothesis in a highly characterized population of chronic IHD patients undergoing coronary angiography under the following Spiecific Aims: (1) To correlate the presence and extent of myocardial neovascularization ..
- Longitudinal Study of DialysisRulan S Parekh; Fiscal Year: 2011..stenosis, and left ventricular structure and function will be assessed using computed tomography (CT) and CT angiography at baseline;ECGs, questionnaires and biological specimens will be collected at baseline and annually...
- Recombinant annexin A2 plus tPA for combination stroke therapyXiaoying Wang; Fiscal Year: 2013..efficacy of rA2 plus low dose tPA combination treated at 4 hrs after focal embolic stroke in rats with MR angiography to determine recanalization and reocclusion, MRI CBF to map cerebral blood flow;and MRI measurements of ..
- CMR-IMPACTCHADWICK DAVID MILLER; Fiscal Year: 2013..patients with minimally elevated serum troponin values have experienced a near doubling in the rate of invasive angiography. In short, it is uncertain whether patients with detectable to minimally elevated troponin results benefit from ..
- Elastographic Imaging of the Retina/Choroid in Age-Related Macular DegenerationQifa Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2013..Techniques currently used for diagnostic imaging of AMD include indocyanine green dye or fluorescein angiography, autofluorescence imaging and optical coherence tomography (OCT)...
- High-Speed Biplane X-Ray Fluoro/CT System for Translational Cardiovascular ResearMichael V McConnell; Fiscal Year: 2010..imaging, high- speed frame rates, and rapid rotational imaging to provide CT-like soft-tissue imaging and 3D angiography. The Falk location is ideal as it has an entire floor dedicated to animal research, with preparation/housing ..
- PREVENTION OF HEMODIALYSIS VASCULAR ACCESS STENOSISAlfred K Cheung; Fiscal Year: 2010..using sustained-delivery systems;(4) adapt and refine 3D imaging modalities, including magnetic resonance angiography (MRA), for more accurate quantification of stenosis progression and drug efficacy at the graft anastomoses in ..
- Non-Contrast Magnetic Resonance Angiography of Peripheral Vascular DiseaseRobert R Edelman; Fiscal Year: 2013..novel technologies that will largely eliminate the need to administer contrast agents during magnetic resonance angiography in order to diagnose peripheral vascular disease...
- Label-free optical imaging of 3D structural and functional microcirculationsRuikang Wang; Fiscal Year: 2012..The proposed imaging tool - functional optical micro-angiography (fOMAG) - is a comprehensive and label- free volumetric imaging technology designed to simultaneously image and ..
- MR-Compatible X-Ray TubeRebecca Fahrig; Fiscal Year: 2010..will allow the best utilization of the high resolution, high contrast and real-time imaging capabilities of angiography to be combined with excellent physiology assessment (flow, perfusion, soft tissue motion) and 3D soft tissue ..
- Endothelial Function in Human Peripheral ArteriesVikram S Kashyap; Fiscal Year: 2010..2. Assess endothelial function with Intravascular Ultrasound (IVUS) in vivo at the time of angiography for lower extremity PAD. 3...
- Imaging of atheroma macrophage activities by rational liposomal shell designPatrick Kee; Fiscal Year: 2013..with CT imaging will provide incremental information beyond the evaluation of stenotic lesions by CT coronary angiography alone...
- Role of the 5-Lipoxygenase Pathway in AtherosclerosisHooman Allayee; Fiscal Year: 2009..large cohort of approximately 5,000 individuals on whom the diagnosis of CAD has been definitively assessed by angiography. This will not only confirm the initial observations with 5-LO, but will also determine whether genetic ..
- Role of 20-HETE and EETs in Cerebrovascular Complications after aSAHMark K Donnelly; Fiscal Year: 2012..Cerebral vasospasm will be determined using cerebral angiography and transcranial Doppler ultrasound...
- PROSPECTIVE INVESTIGATION OF PULMONARY EMBOLISM DX IICHARLES HALES; Fiscal Year: 2003..Pulmonary angiography is the currently definitive diagnostic test, but there is hesitancy to use it because of morbidity, discomfort, ..
- PREVENTING CONTRAST-INDUCED NEPHROPATHYAli Hassan; Fiscal Year: 2009..coronary intervention (PCI) catheterization procedures such as stent implantation, angioplasty, and diagnostic angiography require frequent and large injections of radiopaque contrast agents in order to visualize the blood vessels...
- Clinical Implications of Peripheral Plaque MorphologyDaniel Clair; Fiscal Year: 2007..While imaging studies play an integral role in the study of most disease processes, angiography, standard ultrasound examination, and even magnetic resonance imaging do not provide adequate resolution of the ..
- RESCUE: Randomized Evaluation of Patients with Stable Angina Comparing UtilizatioArthur E Stillman; Fiscal Year: 2010..Specifically, the report recommends: "Compare the effectiveness of computed tomography (CT) angiography and conventional angiography in assessing coronary stenosis in patients at moderate pretest risk of coronary ..
- QUANTITATIVE CORONARY ANGIOGRAPHY BY DUAL ENERGY DSASabee Molloi; Fiscal Year: 1993Recent studies have emphasized the limitations of conventional coronary angiography. These limitations include the large intraobserver and interobserver variability that result from subjective visual grading of coronary stenotic lesions...
- VISUAL FUNCTION IN RETINAL ISCHEMIAMary Johnson; Fiscal Year: 1992..At present, however, it is not possible to determine with angiography or clinical observation whether there may be varying degrees of ischemia within areas of capillary non-..
- PROSPECTIVE INVESTIGATION OF PE DX-IIKenneth Leeper; Fiscal Year: 2003..Pulmonary angiography is the definitive diagnostic test, but there is associated with morbidity, discomfort, cost, and lack of ..
- COMPUTATIONAL METHODS IN CARDIAC FLUID DYNAMICSCHARLES PESKIN; Fiscal Year: 1990..cardiac imaging, the project includes plans to simulate color-Doppler flow imaging, echocardiography, contrast angiography, nuclear medicine (gated blood-pool) imaging, and possibly magnetic resonance imaging...
- 3D CORONARY RECONSTRUCTION AND MULTIMODALITY FUSIONShiuh Yung Chen; Fiscal Year: 2003..data acquired from different modalities using the two-dimensional (2-D) display format such as coronary angiography, echocardiography, computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance (MR) imaging, or radionuclide tomography...
- IN VIVO ENDOTHELIAL INJURY AND DEPENDENT VASOMOTIONJames Chesebro; Fiscal Year: 1990..we will test the hypothesis that the segmental coronary arterial impairment of EDVR (measured by quantitative angiography) to graded infusions of acetycholine (an EDRF- releasing agent) correlates with the extent of endothelial ..
- MR-Guided Endovascular Intervention Using Off-Resonance Contrast AngiographyRobert R Edelman; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): We propose the use of a new contrast mechanism, Off Resonance Contrast Angiography (ORCA), to facilitate MR-guided endovascular procedures...
- SPECIMEN BASED ACCURACY OF CAROTID STENOSIS EVALUATIONDavid Saloner; Fiscal Year: 1999..in treating patients with carotid artery stenosis determined on the basis of catheter injected X-ray angiography criteria alone. However, the predictive power of those studies is relatively poor...
- TECHNIQUES FOR DETECTION OF LESIONS IN CORONARY ARTERIESHOWARD KANTOR; Fiscal Year: 1991..large portions of the coronary anatomy; flow velocity multi-dimensional imaging limited slice-selective 3D NMR angiography; slice- selective 2D projected NMR angiography; time-of-flight NMR imaging...