cardiovascular diagnostic techniques
Summary: Methods and procedures for the diagnosis of diseases or dysfunction of the cardiovascular system or its organs or demonstration of their physiological processes.
Publications196 found, 100 shown here
- Endothelial function: a surrogate endpoint in cardiovascular studies?Matthias Frick
Division of Cardiology, Innsbruck Medical University, Austria
Curr Pharm Des 13:1741-50. 2007..The value of endothelial function as a surrogate endpoint in cardiovascular studies is critically reviewed...
- Long-term association of brachial artery flow-mediated vasodilation and cardiovascular events in middle-aged subjects with no apparent heart diseaseMichael Shechter
Heart Institute, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Int J Cardiol 134:52-8. 2009..The aim of this study was to detect the long-term association of peripheral vascular endothelial function and clinical outcome in healthy subjects without apparent coronary artery disease (CAD)...
- Task force on the management of chest painL Erhardt
Department of Cardiology, Malmo University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
Eur Heart J 23:1153-76. 2002
- Early exercise testing in the management of low risk patients in chest pain centersEzra A Amsterdam
Department of Internal Medicine, University of California School of Medicine, Davis, USA
Prog Cardiovasc Dis 46:438-52. 2004
- A high ankle-brachial index is associated with increased cardiovascular disease morbidity and lower quality of lifeMatthew A Allison
Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, University of California San Diego, California, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 51:1292-8. 2008..The purpose of this study is to determine if an ankle-brachial index (ABI) >or=1.40 is associated with reduced quality of life (QoL)...
- Evaluation of mechanical arterial properties: clinical, experimental and therapeutic aspectsGary E McVeigh
Department of Therapeutics and Pharmacology, Whitla Medical Building, Queen s University Belfast, 97 Lisburn Road, Belfast BT9 7BL, Northern Ireland, U K
Clin Sci (Lond) 102:51-67. 2002..A detailed discussion of these issues forms the basis of this review...
- Clinical aspects of assessment of endothelial functionJarosław D Kasprzak
Department of Rapid Cardiac Diagnostics, II Chair of Cardiology, Medical University of Łódź, Bieganski Hospital, Kniaziewicza 1 5, PL 91 347 Łódź, Poland
Pharmacol Rep 58:33-40. 2006..This article will review the growing literature in an effort to evaluate methods of assessment of endothelial function and its clinical utility...
- Risk factors of peripheral arterial disease and relationship between low ankle - brachial index and mortality from all-cause and cardiovascular disease in Chinese patients with type 2 diabetesJue Li
Heart, Lung and Blood Vessel Center, Tongji University, Shanghai, P R China
Circ J 71:377-81. 2007....
- Endothelial dysfunction and cardiovascular risk prediction in peripheral arterial disease: additive value of flow-mediated dilation to ankle-brachial pressure indexGregorio Brevetti
Department of Clinical Medicine and Cardiovascular and Immunological Sciences, University Federico II, Naples, Italy
Circulation 108:2093-8. 2003..The study was specially aimed at assessing whether brachial artery flow-mediated dilation (FMD) added to the predictive value of ankle-brachial pressure index (ABPI)...
- Interrelationship between non-invasive measurements of atherosclerosis: flow-mediated dilation of brachial artery, carotid intima-media thickness and pulse wave velocityKumiko Kobayashi
Department of Geriatric Medicine, Kyorin University School of Medicine, 6 20 2 Shinkawa, Mitaka, Tokyo 181 8611, Japan
Atherosclerosis 173:13-8. 2004..These results suggest that FMD, IMT and PWV are related to each other, but the combination of these measurements will be of stronger clinical relevance...
- [Noninvasive tests of atherosclerotic burden in asymptomatic people with high cardiovascular risk]András Vértes
Gottsegen György Országos Kardiológiai Intézet, Felnott Kardiológiai Osztály, Budapest
Orv Hetil 146:1663-71. 2005..If a patient is found to have abnormal non-invasive test, this patient can be elevated to a higher risk category...
- [Nuclear Cardiology in the presence of the new scenario of imaging diagnosis in cardiology]Joan Castell-Conesa
Rev Esp Med Nucl 25:225-7. 2006
- Baroreflex effectiveness index and baroreflex sensitivity predict all-cause mortality and sudden death in hypertensive patients with chronic renal failureMats Johansson
Department of Clinical Physiology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
J Hypertens 25:163-8. 2007....
- Noninvasive assessment of arterial stiffness and risk of atherosclerotic eventsJames J Oliver
Clinical Pharmacology Unit and Research Centre, University of Edinburgh, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road South, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, Scotland, UK
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 23:554-66. 2003..Finally, the effects of current and future cardiovascular drugs on arterial stiffness are also discussed, as is the relationship between arterial elasticity and endothelial function...
- Fundamentals of endothelial function for the clinical cardiologistSubodh Verma
Division of Cardiac Surgery, University of Toronto, University of Calgary, Canada
Circulation 105:546-9. 2002
- [Concept of vascular failure]Toru Kato
Department of Cardiovascular and Renal Medicine, Saga University Faculty of Medicine
Nihon Rinsho 65:576-9. 2007
- Endothelium-dependent vasodilation, insulin resistance and the metabolic syndrome in an elderly cohort: the Prospective Investigation of the Vasculature in Uppsala Seniors (PIVUS) studyLars Lind
Department of Medicine, Uppsala University Hospital, 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
Atherosclerosis 196:795-802. 2008..In the Prospective Study of the Vasculature in Uppsala Seniors (PIVUS) study, different techniques to assess vasodilation in conduit and resistance arteries were evaluated in relation to the MetS and insulin resistance...
- Novel index for invasively assessing the coronary microcirculationWilliam F Fearon
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Circulation 107:3129-32. 2003..A relatively simple, invasive method for quantitatively assessing the status of the coronary microcirculation independent of the epicardial artery is lacking...
- Endothelial dysfunction in patients with coronary artery disease: a comparison of three frequently reported testsStefan H J Monnink
Department of Cardiology, Thoraxcenter, University Hospital Groningen, The Netherlands
J Investig Med 50:19-24. 2002..This study aimed to compare the three most frequently reported endothelial function tests...
- [Establishment of a clinical method for evaluating flow-mediated vasodilation(FMD) in brachial artery]Tetsuya Oshima
Department of Clinical Laboratory Medicine, Hiroshima University, Graduate School of Biomedical Science, Hiroshima 734 8554
Rinsho Byori 52:158-61. 2004..These measurements may offer useful tools for assessment of endothelial function...
- B-flow, a non-Doppler technology for flow mapping: early experience in the abdomenRonald H Wachsberg
Department of Radiology, University Hospital, Newark, NJ 07103, USA
Ultrasound Q 19:114-22. 2003..This article introduces the author's early experience using B-flow in the abdomen, and illustrates the potential advantages this technique offers relative to Doppler flow mapping...
- Noninvasive assessment of vascular functionDaniel Schneditz
Institute of Physiology, Institute for Physiological Medicine, Medical University Graz, Graz, Austria
Contrib Nephrol 149:306-14. 2005....
- The James B. Herrick Award Lecture. 2003. Clinical research: whose agenda is it?Jay N Cohn
Cardiovascular Division, Department of Medicine, Mayo Mail Code 508, University of Minnesota Medical School, 420 Delaware St SE, Minneapolis, Minn 55455, USA
Circulation 109:2256-62. 2004
- ACCF/AHA 2007 clinical competence statement on vascular imaging with computed tomography and magnetic resonance: a report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association/American College of Physicians Task Force on Clinical ComChristopher M Kramer
Circulation 116:1318-35. 2007
- Tele-cardiologyM Molefi
Tele Medicine Lead Programme, Medical Research Council, Pretoria, South Africa
Cardiovasc J S Afr 17:27-32. 2006..Finally, a mention is made of the relevance of tele-medicine to education and the costs related to cardiology, with an indication of some future needs for tele-cardiology...
- [Cardiovascular medicine in the updated German diagnosis-related groups (G-DRG) for the year 2004]N Roeder
DRG Research Group, Universitatsklinikum Munster, Munster, Germany
Z Kardiol 93:266-77. 2004....
- The future of cardiovascular imaging and non-invasive diagnosis: a joint statement from the European Association of Echocardiography, the Working Groups on Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance, Computers in Cardiology, and Nuclear Cardiology, of the EuropeanA G Fraser
European Association of Echocardiography, ESC Office for Associations, The European Heart House, 2035 Route des Colles, B P 179 Les Templiers, FR 06903 Sophia Antipolis, France
Eur J Echocardiogr 7:268-73. 2006..This statement summarises the principles that should guide developments in cardiovascular diagnostic services...
- Teaching proper cardiovascular physical diagnosisTsung O Cheng
Clin Cardiol 29:186. 2006
- A neural computational aid to the diagnosis of acute myocardial infarctionWilliam G Baxt
Department of Emergency Medicine, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104 4283, USA
Ann Emerg Med 39:366-73. 2002..However, these studies did not measure network performance in real time, when a significant amount of data required for network function may not be available. They also did not use chemical cardiac marker data...
- Epicardial coronary artery constriction to cold pressor test is predictive of cardiovascular events in hypertensive patients with angiographically normal coronary arteries and without other major coronary risk factorAlain Nitenberg
Service de Physiologie et d Explorations Fonctionnelles, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Jean Verdier, Avenue du 14 Juillet, Universite Paris XIII, 93143 Bondy, France
Atherosclerosis 173:115-23. 2004....
- Coronary artery disease: diagnostic and prognostic models for reducing patient riskD Douglas Miller
Medical College of Georgia School of Medicine, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
J Cardiovasc Nurs 21:S2-16; quiz S17-9. 2006..Advances in computer technology have made sophisticated devices, such as the gated SPECT, a routine part of cardiology...
- Cardiothoracic ratio, malnutrition, inflammation, and two-year mortality in non-diabetic patients on maintenance hemodialysisKuan Hsing Chen
Department of Nephrology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Chang Gung University, School of Medicine, Taoyuan, Taiwan, ROC
Kidney Blood Press Res 31:143-51. 2008..The clinical significance of CTR in non-diabetic maintenance hemodialysis (MHD) patients remains unclear...
- Prognostic role of baroreflex control of heart rate: further insights from dynamic assessment of baroreceptor-cardiac reflex?Ferdinando Iellamo
J Hypertens 25:51-3. 2007
- Receiver-operating characteristic analysis for evaluating diagnostic tests and predictive modelsKelly H Zou
Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, MA, USA
Circulation 115:654-7. 2007
- Clinical assessment of endothelial dysfunction: combine and ruleMichael S Goligorsky
New York Medical College, Department of Medicine, Valhalla, NY 10595, USA
Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens 15:617-24. 2006..To briefly survey the literature for the past 2-3 years on the subject of diagnostic and prognostic markers of endothelial cell dysfunction...
- [Measurement of pulse wave "augmentation index (AI) "and its clinical application]Yoshinori Miyawaki
Scientific and Clinical Research Department, Business Development Center, Omron Healthcare Co, Ltd, Kyoto 615 0084
Rinsho Byori 52:676-85. 2004..Thus, it is the management for both situations of the heart and the artery that matters, and AI can be regarded as a new marker of cardiovascular disease for suitable clinical management on both heart and artery...
- Is the Allen test reliable enough?Mika Kohonen
Heart Center, Department of Clinical Physiology, Tampere University Hospital, Tampere, Finland
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 32:902-5. 2007..The Allen test is a widely used screening method of hand circulation. Our aim was to study whether the Allen test alone gives sufficient information for harvesting the radial artery in coronary artery bypass grafting...
- Novel methodology to comprehensively assess retinal arteriolar vascular reactivity to hypercapniaSubha T Venkataraman
Retina Research Group, School of Optometry, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 3G1
Microvasc Res 72:101-7. 2006..2) Determine the magnitude of the vascular reactivity response of the retinal arterioles to hypercapnic provocation in healthy, young subjects...
- The area of the pressure-flow loop for assessment of arterial stenosis: a new indexZehava Ovadia-Blechman
Neufeld Cardiac Research Institute, Tel Aviv University, Sheba Medical Center, Israel
Technol Health Care 10:39-56. 2002..9). This innovative approach could significantly contribute to detecting and evaluating arterial stenoses, and to characterize the elasticity of the artery...
- Natural history of physical function in older men with intermittent claudicationAndrew W Gardner
Department of Health and Sport Sciences, University of Oklahoma, Norman 73019, USA
J Vasc Surg 40:73-8. 2004..This study was undertaken to determine the natural history of physical function in older men limited by intermittent claudication...
- Comparison of recent utilization trends in radionuclide myocardial perfusion imaging among radiologists and cardiologistsDavid C Levin
Department of Radiology, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital and Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
J Am Coll Radiol 2:821-4. 2005..To study recent practice patterns in radionuclide myocardial perfusion imaging (MPI) and related procedures among radiologists, cardiologists, and other physicians...
- Impact of ageing on the measurement of endothelium-dependent vasodilationL Lind
Department of Medicine, Uppsala University Hospital, Akademiska sjukhuset, 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
Pharmacol Rep 58:41-6. 2006..The usefulness of other methods used in population studies, such as pulse wave analysis using a beta-2 receptor agonist as vasodilator and the hyperaemic blood flow velocity have to be further validated...
- [Bene diagnoscitur, dene curatur]E E Gogin
Ter Arkh 76:5-8. 2004
- Measurement of flow-mediated dilatation of the brachial artery is affected by local elastic vessel wall properties in high-risk patientsDaniel R Witte
Julius Center for Health Sciences and Primary Care, University Medical Center Utrecht, Str 6 131, Heidelberglaan 100, 3584 CX Utrecht, The Netherlands
Atherosclerosis 182:323-30. 2005..To assess whether the validity of endothelial function measurement by flow-mediated dilatation (FMD) is affected by local brachial artery stiffness (distensibility coefficient; DC) and arterial wall thickness (intima-media thickness, IMT)...
- Disparities in utilization of coronary artery disease treatment by gender, race, and ethnicity: opportunities for preventionSarita Bhalotra
Schneider Institutes for Health Policy, The Heller School, Brandeis University, Waltham, MA 02454 9110, USA
J Natl Black Nurses Assoc 18:36-49. 2007..Comprehensive solutions will require addressing the barriers at the system, the provider, and the patient level. An early intervention approach that addresses multiple risk factors should be a high priority...
- Self-mixing in a diode laser as a method for cardiovascular diagnosticsKalju Meigas
Tallinn Technical University, Biomedical Engineering Centre, Ehitajate tee 5, 19086 Tallinn, Estonia
J Biomed Opt 8:152-60. 2003....
- Normality of upper and lower peripheral pulse transit time of normotensive and hypertensive childrenJong Yong Abdiel Foo
Biomedical Engineering Research Centre, Nanyang Technological University, 50 Nanyang Drive, Research Techno Plaza, XFrontiers Block, Singapore, Singapore
J Clin Monit Comput 21:243-8. 2007..Thus, it becomes important to understand the PTTR normality and difference of hypertensive children when compared to those measured from normotensive children...
- Differential influence of family history of hypertension and premature myocardial infarction on systolic blood pressure and left ventricular mass trajectories in youthJ Caroline Dekkers
Georgia Prevention Institute, Department of Pediatrics, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia 30912 3710, USA
Pediatrics 111:1387-93. 2003....
- [Pulse wave velocity(PWV)]Sanae Harada
Kyoto Industrial Health Association
Nihon Rinsho 62:1136-42. 2004..Reversibility of baPWV suggests that vessel damage is not so serious and may be only endothelial dysfunction. Therefore baPWV should be monitored and ameliorated in treating metabolic syndrome...
- Low-gradient aortic stenosis: operative risk stratification and predictors for long-term outcome: a multicenter study using dobutamine stress hemodynamicsJean Luc Monin
Department of Cardiology, Henri Mondor Hospital, 51 avenue de Lattre de Tassigny, 94010 Creteil, France
Circulation 108:319-24. 2003..Larger studies are needed to define the criteria for selecting the patients who will benefit from valve replacement...
- [Cardiac imaging]J F Deux
J Radiol 83:927-9. 2002
- How useful are clinical features in the diagnosis of acute, undifferentiated chest pain?Steve Goodacre
Medical Care Research Unit, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, United Kingdom
Acad Emerg Med 9:203-8. 2002..To measure the predictive value and diagnostic performance of clinical features used to diagnose coronary syndromes in patients presenting with acute, undifferentiated chest pain...
- Cytokines in patients with ischaemic heart disease or myocardial infarctionAnna Bossowska
SP ZOZ MSWiA, Białystok, Poland
Kardiol Pol 59:105-14. 2003....
- Prediction scores after myocardial infarction: value, limitations, and future directionsWilliam S Weintraub
Circulation 106:2292-3. 2002
- Acute Coronary Syndrome patients in New Zealand receive less invasive management when admitted to hospitals without invasive facilitiesChris Ellis
NZACS Audit Group, University Department of Medicine, 12th Floor, Services Building, Auckland City Hospital, Grafton, Auckland
N Z Med J 117:U954. 2004..To compare differences in the presentation and management of acute coronary syndrome (ACS) patients presenting to interventional versus non-interventional New Zealand hospitals...
- Comparison of left atrial dimensions by transesophageal and transthoracic echocardiographyHarshinder Singh
Section of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, West Virginia University, Morgantown, 26506, USA
Echocardiography 22:789-96. 2005..This view had the best correlation with transthoracic LA measurements: r = 0.79 for TEE long axis (CI 0.71-0.85), P <.0001...
- Twelve-lead electrocardiography in tuberculous pericarditisJ P Smedema
Department of Internal Medicine, Cardiology Unit, Tygerberg Hospital, Western Cape, South Africa
Cardiovasc J S Afr 12:31-4. 2001..The presence of microvoltage suggests the presence of a large effusion. The absence of microvoltage makes the presence of cardiac tamponade unlikely...
- Precompetition cardiac assessment of football players participating in the 2006 FIFA World Cup GermanyThomas Thünenkötter
Centre de l Appareil Locomoteur, de Medecine du Sport et de Prevention, Centre Hospitalier de Luxembourg Clinique d Eich, Luxembourg, Luxembourg
Clin J Sport Med 19:322-5. 2009..To develop a precompetition medical assessment (PCMA) of elite football players aimed at identifying risk factors for sudden cardiac death...
- Coronary atherosclerotic disease burden: an emerging endpoint in progression/regression studies using intravascular ultrasoundPaul Schoenhagen
The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Curr Drug Targets Cardiovasc Haematol Disord 3:218-26. 2003..This review will summarize the rational of this approach and describe the use of intravascular ultrasound (IVUS) for such studies...
- Statistical briefing: defining accuracy of tests producing numerical or categorical resultsChristopher R Lamb
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, The Royal Veterinary College, Hawkshead Lane, North Mymms, Hertfordshire AL9 7TA, UK
Vet Radiol Ultrasound 48:603-4. 2007
- Early detection of health changes in older adultsHarry W Tyrer
Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Missouri Columbia, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2007:4045-8. 2007..Analyzing the data even at this level we gain increased confidence that technology will be a welcome addition as the population ages and require increasing care...
- [Method of heart rate variability analysis and its application in the field of space medicine]Zhong gang Liang
Institute of Space Medico Engineering, Beijing, China
Space Med Med Eng (Beijing) 16:577-81. 2003..Research progress of several methods of HRV analysis is presented. And expectation is presented to the analysis of HRV signal and its application in the field of space medicine in the future...
- Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of chronic heart failure: executive summary (update 2005): The Task Force for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Chronic Heart Failure of the European Society of CardiologyKarl Swedberg
Sahlgrenska Academy at the Göteborg University, Department of Medicine, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Sweden
Eur Heart J 26:1115-40. 2005
- Advances in vulnerable plaque detection and treatment: how far have we gone?Konstantinos Toutouzas
Hellenic J Cardiol 47:129-31. 2006
- Images in cardiovascular medicine. Right ventricular diastolic collapse by cardiac magnetic resonance imagingJ Ronald Mikolich
Section of Cardiology, Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine, Youngstown, Ohio, USA
Circulation 118:e122-5. 2008
- History of cardiology: Mackenzie's ink polygraphDiana Berry
Circulation 113:f51-2. 2006
- Heart failure update 2006: integrating the latest guidelines into clinical practiceAurelia Macabasco-O'Connell
School of Nursing, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Prog Cardiovasc Nurs 21:39-43. 2006
- Noninvasive measurement of cardiac output during exercise by inert gas rebreathing technique: a new tool for heart failure evaluationPiergiuseppe Agostoni
J Am Coll Cardiol 46:1779-81. 2005
- An automatic angle tracking procedure for feasible vector Doppler blood velocity measurementsPiero Tortoli
Department of Electronics and Telecommunications, Universita degli Studi di Firenze, Florence, Italy
Ultrasound Med Biol 36:488-96. 2010..3% and 8.3%, respectively. The peak systolic velocities have also been measured in the common carotid arteries of 13 volunteers, with mean CV of 7%...
- The post-thrombotic syndrome: incidence and prognostic value of non-invasive venous examinations in a six-year follow-up studyEdith M Roumen-Klappe
Department of General Internal Medicine, University Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Thromb Haemost 94:825-30. 2005..Moreover, measurement of TS, VOR and reflux three months after DVT could predict, with reasonable accuracy, the risk of PTS after one year of follow-up...
- Contemplating the bright future of stem cell therapy for cardiovascular diseasePedro L Sanchez
Institute of Heart Sciences ICICOR, Hospital Clinico Universitario, Valladolid, Spain
Nat Clin Pract Cardiovasc Med 3:S138-51. 2006..In the future, cardiovascular stem cell therapy may be administered to all patients. Here, we review what has happened and look at where we are going...
- A new reason for intraoperative blood flow measurement: improving liver allograft functionJames D Perkins
University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle, WA, USA
Liver Transpl 12:1295-6. 2006
- Cold pressor test as a marker for the detection of early stage coronary atherosclerosisDimitris Tousoulis
Int J Cardiol 115:120-2. 2007
- [Heart failure in elderly patients]Michel Galinier
Federation des services de cardiologie, CHU de Toulouse, Hopital de Rangueil, INSERM, U858, Toulouse, France
Rev Prat 59:1360-4. 2009..After 80 years, these drugs are underused. Severe salt restriction must be avoided. Strict biological monitoring is necessary...
- Task Force 12: training in advanced cardiovascular imaging (cardiovascular magnetic resonance [CMR]) endorsed by the Society for Cardiovascular Magnetic ResonanceGerald M Pohost
J Am Coll Cardiol 51:404-8. 2008
- Noninvasive measures of cardiovascular changes in diabetes mellitusR Paul Wadwa
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Aurora, Colorado 80045 6511, USA
Curr Opin Endocrinol Diabetes Obes 14:263-8. 2007..Such markers have gained popularity for research and clinical use. This paper reviews recent studies using noninvasive technology for detection and monitoring of cardiovascular disease as it pertains to diabetes patients...
- Slow escape rhythmsMichele M Pelter
Orvis School of Nursing, University of Nevada, Reno, USA
Am J Crit Care 16:405-6. 2007
- Incomplete Kawasaki disease: a pediatric diagnostic conflictJae Il Shin
Anadolu Kardiyol Derg 8:234; author reply 234-5. 2008
- Subclinical cardiovascular disease markers applicable to studies of oral health: multiethnic study of atherosclerosisDavid R Jacobs
Division of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of Minnesota, 1300 South 2nd Street, Suite 300, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1098:269-87. 2007..1-0.4), do not include propensity for the important atherosclerotic phase of plaque rupture, and do not fully substitute for studies of clinical cardiovascular disease endpoints...
- New diagnostic techniques for esophageal disordersA Lazarescu
Division of Gastroenterology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Can J Gastroenterol 22:903-8. 2008..It has broadened our understanding of the pathophysiology of esophageal motility disorders...
- Imaging in endovascular therapy: our futureAllan W Reid
Department of Radiology, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, Glasgow, Scotland, UK
J Endovasc Ther 16:I22-41. 2009..now and into the future...
- The role of the implantable loop recorder in the investigation of recurrent syncopeSkevos K Sideris
Cardiology Department, Hippokration Hospital, Athens, Greece
Hellenic J Cardiol 50:155-9. 2009..The implantable loop recorder revealed an arrhythmic origin for the recurrent syncope. The patient was managed appropriately with pacemaker implantation and has remained asymptomatic for one year...
- Prevention of contrast-induced nephropathy in patients undergoing emergent coronary proceduresAlberto Bouzas-Mosquera
Am J Cardiol 101:910. 2008
- Evaluating micro- and macro-vascular disease, the end stage of atherosclerosis, in rat modelsJames C Russell
Alberta Institute for Human Nutrition, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada
Methods Mol Biol 573:17-44. 2009....
- Developing and evaluating genomics- or proteomics-based diagnostic tests: statistical perspectivesXuejun Peng
Department of Quantitative Health Sciences, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, OH, USA
Methods Mol Med 129:27-39. 2006..In this chapter, we discuss statistical considerations on the process of developing reliable and useful genomics- or proteomics-based tests...
- Comparative study on 16-slice CT coronary angiography vs conventional coronary angiography--a report of 38 casesYan Chen
Department of Radiology, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430022, China
J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci 28:110-3. 2008..Since CTCA is a noninvasive technique, it may be useful in screening coronary artery disease...
- A comparison of three different methods to evaluate endothelium-dependent vasodilation in the elderly: the Prospective Investigation of the Vasculature in Uppsala Seniors (PIVUS) studyLars Lind
Department of Medicine, Uppsala University Hospital, Molndal, Sweden
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 25:2368-75. 2005..This study aimed to evaluate the feasibility and usefulness of these techniques in the Prospective Investigation of the Vasculature in Uppsala Seniors (PIVUS) study...
- Discontinuous doppler signals simulating respiratory misregistration: effect on autoregressive frequency spectraSemra Kemaloglu
Department of Biomedical Devices Technology, Erciyes University, 38039 Kayseri, Turkey
Comput Biol Med 36:465-72. 2006..The signal duration of the signal had no significant effect on the statistical stability of the frequency level...
- Minimal aortic injury: a lesion associated with advancing diagnostic techniquesA K Malhotra
Department of Surgery, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Tennessee, USA
J Trauma 51:1042-8. 2001..Recently, we have used nonoperative therapy as definitive treatment for patients with MAI. The current study examines our institutional experience with these patients from July 1994 to June 2000...
- Examination of gender bias in the evaluation and treatment of angina pectoris by cardiologistsMichael Blum
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Am J Cardiol 93:765-7. 2004..Overall, there were no differences in the percentage of women who underwent noninvasive evaluation, invasive evaluation, and treatment of suspected coronary artery disease compared with men...
- Recommendations for the establishment of stroke systems of care: recommendations from the American Stroke Association's Task Force on the Development of Stroke SystemsLee H Schwamm
Stroke 36:690-703. 2005
- [Evaluation of the appropriateness of prescribing non-invasive cardiologic tests]Roberto Lorenzoni
U O di Malattie Cardiovascolari Ospedale Campo di Marte 55100 Lucca
Ital Heart J Suppl 3:607-12. 2002....
- [Facts and fiction about endothelial function: a new tool for the clinician?]Marta Sitges
Instituto de Enfermedades Cardiovasculares, Hospital Clinic i Provincial, Barcelona, Spain
Rev Esp Cardiol 56:121-3. 2003
- [Diagnostic cardiovascular imaging: should we rise to the challenge or mourn its loss?]L Boyer
J Radiol 83:1019. 2002
- A 13-year-old boy with recurrent syncopal episodesRobert Listernick
Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Pediatr Ann 31:770-3. 2002
- Comparison between measures of atherosclerosis and risk of stroke: the Rotterdam StudyM Hollander
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Erasmus Medical Center Rotterdam, PO Box 1738, 3000 DR Rotterdam, Netherlands
Stroke 34:2367-72. 2003..We compared different measures of atherosclerosis in relation to stroke...
- The evolution of diagnostic trends in congenital heart disease: A population-based studyV Grech
Paediatric Department, St Luke s Hospital, Guardamangia, Malta
J Paediatr Child Health 35:387-91. 1999..To analyse historical trends in diagnosis of congenital heart disease (CHD) in all diagnosed cardiac malformations born between 1945 and 1994 in a population-based study, the first of its type...
- Carotid intima media thickness and beyondJacques D Barth
Southern California Prevention and Research Center, 16550 Ventura Blvd, Suite 212, Encino, California, USA
Curr Drug Targets Cardiovasc Haematol Disord 4:129-45. 2004..Different specialties should be approached and contribute in the expansion of its use, as opposed to the current trend to limit QIMT to specific healthcare areas...
- [Evaluation of carotid intima-media thickness in patients with severe aortic stenosis. Thrombosis group study in eastern Brittany]J Mansourati
, , CHU Brest
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 91:1119-24. 1998..The finding of a lower intima-media thickness in this population compared with coronary patients without valvular disease suggests that aortic stenosis may have a protective effect on the wall thickness of carotid arteries...
- [Risk assessment before non-cardiac surgery: what do anesthesiologists expect from cardiologists?]F Lenfant
Unité de neuroanesthésie, Hopital General, CHU de Dijon, 3, rue du Faubourg Raines, 21033 Dijon, France
Ann Cardiol Angeiol (Paris) 54:179-83. 2005..Preoperative evaluation of the cardiac risk is based on the collaboration between cardiologist and anesthesiologist to select the patients to evaluate, optimize their management, and decrease the risk of complications...
- Estimation of blood perfusion using ultrasoundT Jansson
Department of Electrical Measurements, Lund Institute of Technology, Sweden
Proc Inst Mech Eng H 213:91-106. 1999..The lack of an adequate perfusion phantom for verification of measurements of microcirculatory flow becomes, however, more apparent with improved detectability of slow flows...
- NMR STUDIES OF MYOCARDIAL METABOLISM IN VIVORAPHAEL ZAHLER; Fiscal Year: 1990..Such information is potentially important in understanding the pathophysiology of human coronary artery disease, developing better cardiovascular diagnostic techniques, and designing new therapeutic agents for acute and chronic ischemia.
- Cardiac Troponin Testing for Myocardial InfarctionFred Apple; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- CHOLESTEROL & PLAQUE RUPTURE--WOMEN AND PLAQUE EROSIONRenu Virmani; Fiscal Year: 2001..In addition, analysis of plaque morphology in the animal model proposed in Project 4 will be carried out in project 1. ..
- Invasive Assessment of the Coronary MicrocirculationWilliam Fearon; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Fluorescence lifetime method for guided therapy of brain tumorsLaura Marcu; Fiscal Year: 2007..While this project is initially tailored to brain tumors demarcation, the device could potentially be also applied to diagnosis of other tumor types. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Nanoscale approaches to allelic silencing in myocardial disease statesEuan Ashley; Fiscal Year: 2009..This familial condition where the heart grows too thick is the most common cause of sudden death in young people and athletes. ..
- The Emory-Morehouse Partnership to Reduce CV DisparitiesArshed Quyyumi; Fiscal Year: 2008..Aim 4: To enhance the education/training of fellows/practitioners engaged in CVD disparities research/practice and promote partnerships that enhance cardiovascular health within ethnic communities. ..
- Endothelial Hyperpolarization in HumansArshed Quyyumi; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- STICH-Trial Cardiovascular Magenetic Resonance Core LabGerald Pohost; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Prediction of Cardiomyopathy in Type I Diabetes by MRSGerald Pohost; Fiscal Year: 2007..This will provide valuable information for the development of novel therapeutic interventions and improved management of diabetic patients with cardiac disease...
- Endothelial dysfunction in acute renal ischemiaMICHAEL GOLIGORSKY; Fiscal Year: 2007..Number of publicationsand manuscriptsacceptedfor publication (not to exceed 10) 10 Other items (list): 1. Color illustrations from the grant application 2. Movies - intravital videomicroscopy supplement ..
- MOEMS device for fluorescence spectroscopy of tissues and cellsLaura Marcu; Fiscal Year: 2006..The device will widely be applied to various biomedical instruments that require wavelength differentiation and selection. ..
- Plaque Progression, Apoptosis and InflammationRenu Virmani; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Imaging Apoptosis to Detect Unstable Atheromatous PlaqueJagat Narula; Fiscal Year: 2004..The impending surgical intervention will allow histopathological evaluation of the endarterectomy specimens to define potential utility of annexin imaging. ..
- PREVENTION OF VASCULOPATHY AND NEPHROPATHY IN METABOLIC SYNDROMEMichael S Goligorsky; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Targeting MMPS to Image AtherosclerosisJagat Narula; Fiscal Year: 2007..The extent of inflammation and MMP expression in the plaques will be ascertained histopathologically. [unreadable] (End of Abstract) [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- 3T MR imaging/spectrometer for heart and brain researchGerald Pohost; Fiscal Year: 2005..Moreover, it will provide an ideal experimental platform for numerous grants that are currently under review. ..
- INTEGRINS IN ACUTE RENAL FAILUREMICHAEL GOLIGORSKY; Fiscal Year: 2002....