Genomes and Genes
positron emission tomography
Summary: An imaging technique using compounds labelled with short-lived positron-emitting radionuclides (such as carbon-11, nitrogen-13, oxygen-15 and fluorine-18) to measure cell metabolism. It has been useful in study of soft tissues such as CANCER; CARDIOVASCULAR SYSTEM; and BRAIN. SPECT is closely related to PET, but uses isotopes with longer half-lives and resolution is lower.
Articles from Journal RESEARCH
Articles from Journal RESEARCH1
Publications363 found, 100 shown here
- Consensus nomenclature for in vivo imaging of reversibly binding radioligandsRobert B Innis
National Institute of Mental Health, Molecular Imaging Branch, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 27:1533-9. 2007..An international group of experts in pharmacokinetic modeling recommends a consensus nomenclature to describe in vivo molecular imaging of reversibly binding radioligands...
- Partial-volume effect in PET tumor imagingMarine Soret
UMR 678 INSERM UPMC, CHU Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
J Nucl Med 48:932-45. 2007..The parameters on which PVE depends are reviewed. Actions that can be taken to reduce the errors attributable to PVE are described. Various PVE correction schemes are presented, and their applicability to PET tumor imaging is discussed...
- Identification and importance of brown adipose tissue in adult humansAaron M Cypess
Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
N Engl J Med 360:1509-17. 2009....
- Cold-activated brown adipose tissue in healthy menWouter D van Marken Lichtenbelt
Department of Human Biology, Nutrition and Toxicology Research Institute Maastricht, The Netherlands
N Engl J Med 360:1500-8. 2009..Brown-adipose-tissue activity was studied in relation to body composition and energy metabolism...
- Two-year follow-up of amyloid deposition in patients with Alzheimer's diseaseHenry Engler
Uppsala Imanet AB, Imanet, GE Healthcare Uppsala University, Uppsala
Brain 129:2856-66. 2006..FDG imaging may be able to detect a stabilization of cerebral metabolism caused by therapy administered to patients with a clinical diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease...
- Frequent amyloid deposition without significant cognitive impairment among the elderlyHoward Jay Aizenstein
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Arch Neurol 65:1509-17. 2008..deposition in a clinically unimpaired elderly population, as assessed by Pittsburgh Compound B (PiB) positron emission tomography (PET) imaging, and its relationship to cognitive function, measured with a battery of ..
- Positron-emission tomography and assessment of cancer therapyMalik E Juweid
Department of Radiology and the Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Iowa, Iowa City 52242, USA
N Engl J Med 354:496-507. 2006
- Basal ganglia functional connectivity based on a meta-analysis of 126 positron emission tomography and functional magnetic resonance imaging publicationsRonald B Postuma
Montreal Neurological Institute, Montreal General Hospital, McGill University, 3801 University Street Montreal, Quebec H3A 2B4, Canada
Cereb Cortex 16:1508-21. 2006..The rostrocaudal and dorsoventral patterns of corticostriatal functional connectivity are consistent with the tripartite division of the striatum into motor, associative, and limbic zones...
- Recommendations on the use of 18F-FDG PET in oncologyJames W Fletcher
Department of Radiology, Indiana Purdue University, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202 5253, USA
J Nucl Med 49:480-508. 2008..Outcomes of interest included the use of (18)F-FDG PET for diagnosing, staging, and detecting the recurrence or progression of cancer...
- The Alzheimer's Disease Neuroimaging Initiative positron emission tomography coreWilliam J Jagust
Helen Wills Neuroscience Institute, University of California Berkeley, Berkeley, CA, USA
Alzheimers Dement 6:221-9. 2010This is a progress report of the Alzheimer's Disease Neuroimaging Initiative (ADNI) positron emission tomography (PET) Core.
- Use of positron emission tomography for response assessment of lymphoma: consensus of the Imaging Subcommittee of International Harmonization Project in LymphomaMalik E Juweid
Department of Radiology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:571-8. 2007To develop guidelines for performing and interpreting positron emission tomography (PET) imaging for treatment assessment in patients with lymphoma both in clinical practice and in clinical trials.
- Impact of animal handling on the results of 18F-FDG PET studies in miceBarbara J Fueger
Department of Molecular and Medical Pharmacology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Nucl Med 47:999-1006. 2006..The aim of this study was to determine how these factors affect assessment of tumor glucose use by (18)F-FDG PET and to develop an imaging protocol that optimizes visualization of tumor xenografts...
- Noninvasive visualization of the activated alphavbeta3 integrin in cancer patients by positron emission tomography and [18F]Galacto-RGDRoland Haubner
Nuklearmedizinische Klinik und Poliklinik, Technische Universitat Munchen, Germany
PLoS Med 2:e70. 2005..We developed [(18)F]Galacto-RGD, a (18)F-labeled glycosylated alphavbeta3 antagonist, allowing monitoring of alphavbeta3 expression with positron emission tomography (PET).
- Revised response criteria for malignant lymphomaBruce D Cheson
Division of Hematology Oncology, Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:579-86. 2007..Standardized response criteria are needed to interpret and compare clinical trials and for approval of new therapeutic agents by regulatory agencies...
- Primary tumor standardized uptake value (SUVmax) measured on fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography (FDG-PET) is of prognostic value for survival in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC): a systematic review and meta-analysis (MA) by the European LuThierry Berghmans
Department of Intensive Care Unit and Thoracic Oncology, Institut Jules Bordet, Universite Libre de Bruxelles ULB, Bruxelles, Belgium
J Thorac Oncol 3:6-12. 2008The 2-[18F]-fluoro-2-deoxy-d-glucose positron emission tomography is an imaging tool for assessing clinical tumor, node, metastasis in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Conditioned dopamine release in humans: a positron emission tomography [11C]raclopride study with amphetamineIsabelle Boileau
McConnell Brain Imaging Center, Montreal Neurological Institute, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3A 2B4
J Neurosci 27:3998-4003. 2007..In the present study, we used positron emission tomography and [11C]raclopride to investigate whether amphetamine-predictive stimuli can elicit striatal dopamine ..
- Electrical impedance tomography compared to positron emission tomography for the measurement of regional lung ventilation: an experimental studyJ C Richard
Service de Réanimation Médicale et d Assistance Respiratoire, Hôpital de la Croix Rousse 103 Grande Rue de la Croix Rousse, Lyon, 69004, France
Crit Care 13:R82. 2009..This experiment systematically compared both techniques in injured and non-injured lungs...
- Glioma proliferation as assessed by 3'-fluoro-3'-deoxy-L-thymidine positron emission tomography in patients with newly diagnosed high-grade gliomaRoland Ullrich
Max Planck Institute for Neurological Research with Klaus Joachim Zülch Laboratories, Cologne, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 14:2049-55. 2008....
- Primary tumor standardized uptake value measured on fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography is of prognostic value for survival in non-small cell lung cancer: update of a systematic review and meta-analysis by the European Lung Cancer Working PartMarianne Paesmans
Data Centre, Institut Jules Bordet, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
J Thorac Oncol 5:612-9. 2010..F]-fluoro-2-deoxy-d-glucose positron emission tomography has been shown to be of additional value to conventional imaging for staging lung cancer...
- Brain glucose metabolism in the early and specific diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease. FDG-PET studies in MCI and ADLisa Mosconi
Department of Clinical Pathophysiology, University of Florence, Italy
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 32:486-510. 2005..Fluoro-2-deoxy-D-glucose positron emission tomography (FDG-PET) imaging has revealed glucose metabolic reductions in the parieto-temporal, frontal and ..
- Vascular inflammation in patients with impaired glucose tolerance and type 2 diabetes: analysis with 18F-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomographyTae Nyun Kim
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, Korea University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Circ Cardiovasc Imaging 3:142-8. 2010..18)F-fluorodeoxyglucose (FDG) positron emission tomography (PET) is a promising tool for indentifying and quantifying vascular inflammation within atherosclerotic ..
- Species differences in blood-brain barrier transport of three positron emission tomography radioligands with emphasis on P-glycoprotein transportStina Syvänen
Department of Pharmaceutical Biosciences, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Drug Metab Dispos 37:635-43. 2009..to compare brain uptake of three radiolabeled P-glycoprotein (P-gp) substrates across species using positron emission tomography. Brain concentrations and brain-to-plasma ratios were compared; [(11)C]verapamil in rats, guinea pigs, ..
- Cardiac positron emission tomography/computed tomography imaging accurately detects anatomically and functionally significant coronary artery diseaseS Kajander
Turku PET Centre, Turku, Finland
Circulation 122:603-13. 2010..Perfusion imaging has an established role in detecting ischemia and guiding therapy. Hybrid positron emission tomography (PET)/CT allows combination angiography and perfusion imaging in short, quantitative, low-radiation-..
- Imaging of amyloid burden and distribution in cerebral amyloid angiopathyKeith A Johnson
Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Ann Neurol 62:229-34. 2007....
- Brain glucose metabolism in hypothyroidism: a positron emission tomography study before and after thyroid hormone replacement therapyM Bauer
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus Dresden, Technische Universitat Dresden, Fetscherstrasse 74, Dresden, Germany
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:2922-9. 2009..Hypothyroidism is frequently associated with subtle behavioral and psychiatric symptoms. The consequences of inadequate thyroid hormone availability to brain metabolism are poorly understood...
- Elevated serotonin transporter binding in major depressive disorder assessed using positron emission tomography and [11C]DASB; comparison with bipolar disorderDara M Cannon
Molecular Imaging Branch, Mood and Anxiety Disorders Program, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Biol Psychiatry 62:870-7. 2007....
- Performance evaluation of the ECAT HRRT: an LSO-LYSO double layer high resolution, high sensitivity scannerHugo W A M de Jong
Department of Nuclear Medicine and PET Research, VU University Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Phys Med Biol 52:1505-26. 2007..2 cm. A high quantitative agreement was met between HR+ and HRRT clinical data. In conclusion, the ECAT HRRT has excellent resolution and sensitivity properties, which is a crucial advantage in many research studies...
- Positron emission tomography of monoaminergic vesicular binding in aging and Parkinson diseaseNicolaas I Bohnen
Department of Radiology, Division of Nuclear Medicine, The University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, 48109 0028, USA
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 26:1198-212. 2006..normal subjects underwent continuous intravenous infusion of (+)-[(11)C]dihydrotetrabenazine (DTBZ) and positron emission tomography (PET) imaging to estimate the striatal VMAT2 binding site density with equilibrium tracer modeling...
- Deactivation of the limbic system during acute psychosocial stress: evidence from positron emission tomography and functional magnetic resonance imaging studiesJens C Pruessner
Center for Studies on Human Stress, Douglas Hospital Research Center and Montreal Neurological Institute, Department of Psychiatry, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Biol Psychiatry 63:234-40. 2008..Newly developed paradigms to investigate stress in neuroimaging environments allow the assessment of brain activation changes in association with the perception of and the metabolic response to stress...
- MR-based automatic delineation of volumes of interest in human brain PET images using probability mapsClaus Svarer
Neurobiology Research Unit, University Hospital of Copenhagen, Rigshospitalet, N9201, 9 Blegdamsvej, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Neuroimage 24:969-79. 2005..In addition, the method applies well in elderly subjects, even in the presence of pronounced cerebral atrophy...
- The maximum standardized uptake values on positron emission tomography of a non-small cell lung cancer predict stage, recurrence, and survivalRobert James Cerfolio
Section on Thoracic Surgery, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1900 University Boulevard, THT 712, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 130:151-9. 2005..We sought to assess whether the standard uptake value of a pulmonary nodule is an independent predictor of biologic aggressiveness...
- Altered myocardial substrate metabolism and decreased diastolic function in nonischemic human diabetic cardiomyopathy: studies with cardiac positron emission tomography and magnetic resonance imagingLuuk J Rijzewijk
Diabetes Center, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Am Coll Cardiol 54:1524-32. 2009....
- Four-dimensional (4D) PET/CT imaging of the thoraxS A Nehmeh
Department of Medical Physics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Med Phys 31:3179-86. 2004..4D PET/CT acquisition can reduce smearing, improve the accuracy in PET-CT co-registration, and increase the measured SUV. This should result in an improved tumor assessment for patients with lung malignancies...
- Positron emission tomography imaging of drug-induced tumor apoptosis with a caspase-3/7 specific [18F]-labeled isatin sulfonamideQuang De Nguyen
Comprehensive Cancer Imaging Center, Department of Oncology, Imperial College London Faculty of Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, Du Cane Road, London W120NN, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:16375-80. 2009....
- Early response assessment using 3'-deoxy-3'-[18F]fluorothymidine-positron emission tomography in high-grade non-Hodgkin's lymphomaKen Herrmann
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 13:3552-8. 2007To evaluate 3'-deoxy-3'-[(18)F]fluorothymidine-positron emission tomography (FLT-PET) for early monitoring response of high-grade non-Hodgkin's lymphoma to treatment with cyclophosphamide-adriamycin-vincristine-prednisone chemotherapy ..
- The impact of 68Ga-DOTATOC positron emission tomography/computed tomography on the multimodal management of patients with neuroendocrine tumorsAndrea Frilling
Department of General, Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, University Hospital Essen, Essen, Germany
Ann Surg 252:850-6. 2010To evaluate the impact of 68Ga-DOTATOC positron emission tomography (PET)/computed tomography (CT) on the multimodal management of neuroendocrine tumors (NET).
- Clinical implication and prognostic significance of standardised uptake value of primary non-small cell lung cancer on positron emission tomography: analysis of 176 casesNael Al-Sarraf
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, St James s Hospital, Dublin 8, Ireland Department of Thoracic Surgery, Chest Disease Hospital, Kuwait
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 34:892-7. 2008..We sought to assess the clinical implication and prognostic significance of maximum standardised uptake value (SUV(max)) of primary non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) staged by integrated PET-CT...
- Tumor hypoxia detected by positron emission tomography with 60Cu-ATSM as a predictor of response and survival in patients undergoing Neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy for rectal carcinoma: a pilot studyDavid W Dietz
Department of Colorectal Surgery, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Dis Colon Rectum 51:1641-8. 2008....
- Stereotactic imaging for radiosurgery: localization accuracy of magnetic resonance imaging and positron emission tomography compared with computed tomographyYoshimasa Mori
Nagoya Radiosurgery Center, Nagoya Kyoritsu Hospital, Nagoya, Japan
Stereotact Funct Neurosurg 84:142-6. 2006Computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and positron emission tomography (PET) provide complementary information for treatment planning in stereotactic radiosurgery...
- Clinical outcomes of definitive intensity-modulated radiation therapy with fluorodeoxyglucose-positron emission tomography simulation in patients with locally advanced cervical cancerElizabeth A Kidd
Department of Radiation Oncology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 77:1085-91. 2010..This study aimed to evaluate the toxicity and clinical outcomes for cervical cancer patients treated definitively with intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) compared with non-IMRT treatment...
- Radiolabelled molecules for imaging the translocator protein (18 kDa) using positron emission tomographyFrederic Dolle
CEA, Institut d Imagerie Biomédicale, Service Hospitalier Frederic Joliot, Orsay, France
Curr Med Chem 16:2899-923. 2009..high affinity, selective TSPO ligands in conjunction with functional imaging modalities such as positron emission tomography (PET), it becomes possible to study the process of microglial activation in the living brain...
- Consensus recommendations for the use of 18F-FDG PET as an indicator of therapeutic response in patients in National Cancer Institute TrialsLalitha K Shankar
Cancer Imaging Program, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
J Nucl Med 47:1059-66. 2006
- Categorical and correlational analyses of baseline fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography images from the Alzheimer's Disease Neuroimaging Initiative (ADNI)Jessica B S Langbaum
Banner Alzheimer s Institute and Banner Good Samaritan PET Center, Phoenix, AZ, USA
Neuroimage 45:1107-16. 2009..disease (AD) is associated with characteristic and progressive reductions in fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography (PET) measurements of the regional cerebral metabolic rate for glucose (CMRgl)...
- Noninvasive diagnosis of focal hyperinsulinism of infancy with [18F]-DOPA positron emission tomographyTimo Otonkoski
Hospital for Children and Adolescents, and Program of Developmental and Reproductive Biology, Biomedicum Helsinki, Room C503b, PO Box 63, FIN 00014 University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Diabetes 55:13-8. 2006..We evaluated the utility of fluorine-18 l-3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine ([(18)F]-DOPA) positron emission tomography (PET) to identify focal pancreatic lesions in 14 CHI patients, 11 of which carried mutations in the ..
- Positron emission tomography measures of endogenous opioid neurotransmission and impulsiveness traits in humansTiffany M Love
The Molecular and Behavioral Neuroscience Institute, University of Michigan, 205 Zina Pitcher Pl, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0720, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 66:1124-34. 2009....
- Synthesis and in vivo evaluation of [11C]tariquidar, a positron emission tomography radiotracer based on a third-generation P-glycoprotein inhibitorFlorian Bauer
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, University of Vienna, Austria
Bioorg Med Chem 18:5489-97. 2010The aim of this study was to develop a positron emission tomography (PET) tracer based on the dual P-glycoprotein (P-gp) breast cancer resistance protein (BCRP) inhibitor tariquidar (1) to study the interaction of 1 with P-gp and BCRP in ..
- Evaluation of a 1,4,7,10-tetraazacyclododecane-1,4,7,10-tetraacetic acid-conjugated bombesin-based radioantagonist for the labeling with single-photon emission computed tomography, positron emission tomography, and therapeutic radionuclidesRosalba Mansi
Division of Radiological Chemistry, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Clin Cancer Res 15:5240-9. 2009..Here, we compare the new [111In/68Ga]-labeled bombesin-based antagonist RM1 with the agonist [111In]-AMBA for targeting the gastrin-releasing peptide receptor (GRPR)...
- Correlation of computed tomography and positron emission tomography in patients with metastatic gastrointestinal stromal tumor treated at a single institution with imatinib mesylate: proposal of new computed tomography response criteriaHaesun Choi
Division of Diagnostic Imaging and Department of Sarcoma Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:1753-9. 2007..whether computed tomography (CT) findings of GIST after imatinib treatment correlate with tumor responses by [18F]fluorodeoxyglucose (FDG) positron emission tomography (PET) and develops reliable, quantitative, CT response criteria.
- Imaging atherosclerotic plaque inflammation by fluorodeoxyglucose with positron emission tomography: ready for prime time?James H F Rudd
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, England
J Am Coll Cardiol 55:2527-35. 2010..b>Positron emission tomography imaging of atherosclerosis using the metabolic marker fluorodeoxyglucose allows quantification of ..
- Fluorine-18-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography for interim response assessment of advanced-stage Hodgkin's lymphoma and diffuse large B-cell lymphoma: a systematic reviewTeruhiko Terasawa
Institute for Clinical Research and Health Policy Studies, Tufts Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:1906-14. 2009To systematically review the prognostic accuracy of fluorine-18-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography (FDG-PET) for interim response assessment of patients with untreated advanced-stage Hodgkin's lymphoma (HL) or diffuse large B-..
- Procedure guideline for tumor imaging with 18F-FDG PET/CT 1.0Dominique Delbeke
Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 2675, USA
J Nucl Med 47:885-95. 2006
- Combined FDG-PET/CT for the detection of unknown primary tumors: systematic review and meta-analysisThomas C Kwee
Department of Radiology, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Eur Radiol 19:731-44. 2009..and meta-analyze published data on the diagnostic performance of combined 18F-fluoro-2-deoxyglucose positron emission tomography/computed tomography (FDG-PET/CT) in the detection of primary tumors in patients with cancer of unknown ..
- Positron emission tomography using [18F]Galacto-RGD identifies the level of integrin alpha(v)beta3 expression in manAmbros J Beer
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Lehrstuhl II für organische Chemie, Technische Universitat Munchen, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 12:3942-9. 2006..We have developed [18F]Galacto-RGD, a highly alpha(v)beta3-selective tracer for positron emission tomography (PET)...
- FDG-PET in the prediction of pathologic response after neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy in locally advanced, resectable esophageal cancerSi Yeol Song
Department of Radiation Oncology, Asan Medical Center, College of Medicine, University of Ulsan, Seoul, South Korea
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 63:1053-9. 2005To assess the efficacy of 18Fluorodeoxyglucose-positron emission tomography (FDG-PET) for predicting a pathologic response in locally advanced esophageal cancer after neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy.
- Accuracy of [18F]fluorodopa positron emission tomography for diagnosing and localizing focal congenital hyperinsulinismOlga T Hardy
Division of Endocrinology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, 34th Street and Civic Center Boulevard, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:4706-11. 2007..This study evaluated the accuracy of 18F-fluoro-l-dihydroxyphenylalanine ([18F]DOPA) positron emission tomography (PET) scans in diagnosing focal vs. diffuse disease and identifying the location of focal lesions.
- Elevated putamen D(2) receptor binding potential in major depression with motor retardation: an [11C]raclopride positron emission tomography studyJeffrey H Meyer
College Clarke Site, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health and Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, 250 College St, Toronto, Ontario M5T 1R8, Canada
Am J Psychiatry 163:1594-602. 2006..Striatal [(11)C]raclopride binding potential measured with positron emission tomography is an index of D(2) type receptors and is sensitive to extracellular dopamine levels (higher D(2) ..
- Whole-body (11)C-5-hydroxytryptophan positron emission tomography as a universal imaging technique for neuroendocrine tumors: comparison with somatostatin receptor scintigraphy and computed tomographyH Orlefors
Department of Medical Sciences Endocrine Oncology, Uppsala University Hospital, S 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:3392-400. 2005..Our objective was to investigate whether whole-body (WB) positron emission tomography (PET) with (11)C-5-hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) can be used as a universal imaging technique for NETs and ..
- Congenital hyperinsulinism: pancreatic [18F]fluoro-L-dihydroxyphenylalanine (DOPA) positron emission tomography and immunohistochemistry study of DOPA decarboxylase and insulin secretionPascale de Lonlay
Departement de Pediatrie, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Universite Paris Descartes, Faculte de Medecine, 149 rue de Sevres, 75743 Paris Cedex 15, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:933-40. 2006..Preoperative differential diagnosis was based on pancreatic venous sampling, a technically demanding technique...
- Use of [18F]fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography in evaluating locally recurrent and metastatic adrenocortical carcinomaGavin C Mackie
Department of Radiological Sciences, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, 332 North Lauderdale, Mail Stop 752, Memphis, Tennessee 38105 2794, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:2665-71. 2006Adrenocortical carcinomas are uncommon, and their evaluation by [(18)F]fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography (FDG PET) has not been well evaluated.
- Imaging early changes in proliferation at 1 week post chemotherapy: a pilot study in breast cancer patients with 3'-deoxy-3'-[18F]fluorothymidine positron emission tomographyLaura Kenny
Imperial College London, and Hammersmith Hospital NHS Trust, London, UK
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 34:1339-47. 20073'-deoxy-3'-[18F]fluorothymidine positron emission tomography ([18F]FLT-PET) has been developed for imaging cell proliferation and findings correlate strongly with the Ki-67 labelling index in breast cancer...
- The predictive value of positron emission tomography scanning performed after two courses of standard therapy on treatment outcome in advanced stage Hodgkin's diseaseAndrea Gallamini
SC Ematologia Azienda, Ospedaliera S Croce e Carle, Cuneo, Italy
Haematologica 91:475-81. 2006....
- Correlation between serotonin synthesis and 5-HT1A receptor binding in the living human brain: a combined alpha-[11C]MT and [18F]MPPF positron emission tomography studyBenicio N Frey
McConnell Brain Imaging Centre, Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada H3A 2B4
Neuroimage 42:850-7. 2008..study aims to assess the correlation between serotonin synthesis and 5-HT(1A) receptor binding using positron emission tomography (PET) in humans...
- [18F]galacto-RGD positron emission tomography for imaging of alphavbeta3 expression on the neovasculature in patients with squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neckAmbros J Beer
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Technische Universitat Munchen, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Ismaninger Strasse 22, Munich, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 13:6610-6. 200718)F]Galacto-RGD has been developed for positron emission tomography (PET)-imaging of alphavbeta3 expression, a receptor involved in angiogenesis and metastasis...
- Kinetic analysis in healthy humans of a novel positron emission tomography radioligand to image the peripheral benzodiazepine receptor, a potential biomarker for inflammationMasahiro Fujita
Molecular Imaging Branch, National Institute of Mental Health, 31 Center Drive, MSC 2035, Bethesda, MD 20892 2035, USA
Neuroimage 40:43-52. 2008..In conclusion, with the exception of those subjects who appeared to have no PBR binding, [(11)C]PBR28 is a promising ligand to quantify PBRs and localize inflammation associated with increased densities of PBRs...
- Tailoring the pharmacokinetics and positron emission tomography imaging properties of anti-carcinoembryonic antigen single-chain Fv-Fc antibody fragmentsVania Kenanova
Division of Molecular Biology, Beckman Research Institute of the City of Hope, Duarte, CA, USA
Cancer Res 65:622-31. 2005..H310A, and H310A/H435Q variants were evaluated in LS174T xenografted athymic mice by small animal positron emission tomography imaging, revealing localization to the CEA-positive xenografts...
- Assessment of alphavbeta3 integrin expression after myocardial infarction by positron emission tomographyTakahiro Higuchi
Nuklearmedizinische Klinik und Poliklinik der Technischen Universität München, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Ismaninger Strasse 22, 81675 Munich, Germany
Cardiovasc Res 78:395-403. 2008The purpose of this study was to determine the feasibility of a new positron emission tomography (PET) imaging approach using an (18)F-labelled alpha(v)beta(3) integrin antagonist ((18)F-Galacto-RGD) to monitor the integrin expression ..
- Positron emission tomography has a high negative predictive value for progression or early relapse for patients with residual disease after first-line chemotherapy in advanced-stage Hodgkin lymphomaCarsten Kobe
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Blood 112:3989-94. 2008In the HD15 trial of the German Hodgkin Study Group, the negative predictive value (NPV) of positron emission tomography (PET) using [(18)F]-fluorodeoxyglucose in advanced-stage Hodgkin lymphoma (HL) was evaluated...
- Positron emission tomography: a real-time tool to quantify early islet engraftment in a preclinical large animal modelTorsten Eich
Department of Radiology, Oncology and Clinical Immunology, Division of Clinical Immunology, University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Transplantation 84:893-8. 2007..Therefore, the objective of the present study was to develop a technique for imaging survival of transplanted islets in the peritransplant and early posttransplant phase...
- A pathophysiologic study of tako-tsubo cardiomyopathy with F-18 fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomographyTetsuro Yoshida
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Gifu Prefectural Government TAJIMI Hospital, 5 161 Maehata, Tajimi, Gifu 5078522, Japan
Eur Heart J 28:2598-604. 2007AIMS; Our study aims to investigate the pathophysiologic mechanism underlying tako-tsubo cardiomyopathy using F-18 fluorodeoxyglucose (FDG) positron emission tomography (PET).
- Circulating tumor cells and [18F]fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography/computed tomography for outcome prediction in metastatic breast cancerUgo De Giorgi
The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, 77030, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:3303-11. 2009Circulating tumor cells (CTCs) and [(18)F]fluorodeoxyglucose (FDG) positron emission tomography (PET)/computed tomography (CT) are two new promising tools for therapeutic monitoring...
- Molecular imaging of cancer with copper-64 radiopharmaceuticals and positron emission tomography (PET)Monica Shokeen
Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Acc Chem Res 42:832-41. 2009..b>Positron emission tomography (PET) is widely used by clinicians in the United States as a diagnostic molecular imaging tool...
- Early detection of erlotinib treatment response in NSCLC by 3'-deoxy-3'-[F]-fluoro-L-thymidine ([F]FLT) positron emission tomography (PET)Roland T Ullrich
Max Planck Institute for Neurological Research with Klaus Joachim Zülch Laboratories of the Max Planck Society, Medical Faculty of the University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
PLoS ONE 3:e3908. 2008..However, imaging approaches affording early identification of tumor response in EGFR-dependent carcinomas have so far been lacking...
- Positron emission tomography in clinical islet transplantationO Eriksson
Department of Radiology, Oncology and Clinical Immunology, Division of Radiology, University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Am J Transplant 9:2816-24. 2009The fate of islets in clinical transplantation is unclear. To elude on this positron emission tomography combined with computed tomography (PET/CT) was performed for 60 min during islet transplantation in five patients receiving six ..
- Noninvasive quantification and optimization of acute cell retention by in vivo positron emission tomography after intramyocardial cardiac-derived stem cell deliveryJohn Terrovitis
The Heart Institute, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 54:1619-26. 2009The aim of this study was to quantify acute myocardial retention of cardiac-derived stem cells (CDCs) and evaluate different delivery methods with positron emission tomography (PET).
- Relationship between regional myocardial oxygenation and perfusion in patients with coronary artery disease: insights from cardiovascular magnetic resonance and positron emission tomographyTheodoros D Karamitsos
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Centre for Clinical Magnetic Resonance Research, University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom
Circ Cardiovasc Imaging 3:32-40. 2010..magnetic resonance (CMR) has the potential to noninvasively measure myocardial oxygenation, whereas positron emission tomography (PET) with oxygen-15 labeled water is the gold standard technique for myocardial blood flow ..
- Imaging of tumor glucose utilization with positron emission tomographyAndrea Buerkle
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University of Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Cancer Metastasis Rev 27:545-54. 2008In recent years, imaging of tumor glucose metabolism with positron emission tomography and fluorodeoxyglucose (FDG-PET) has become a routine test for detection, staging and restaging of malignant lymphomas and many solid tumors...
- Improvements in cancer staging with PET/CT: literature-based evidence as of September 2006Johannes Czernin
Department of Molecular and Medical Pharmacology, Ahmanson Biological Imaging Clinic Nuclear Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095 6948, USA
J Nucl Med 48:78S-88S. 2007..From these data, we believe, has emerged reliable evidence in support of the notion that PET/CT offers diagnostic advantages over its individual components for the major cancers...
- Pretargeted immuno-positron emission tomography imaging of carcinoembryonic antigen-expressing tumors with a bispecific antibody and a 68Ga- and 18F-labeled hapten peptide in mice with human tumor xenograftsRafke Schoffelen
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, P O Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Mol Cancer Ther 9:1019-27. 2010..b>Positron emission tomography (PET)/computed tomography images reinforced the improved specificity of the pretargeting method...
- Altered regional cerebral glucose metabolism in internet game overusers: a 18F-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography studyHyun Soo Park
Seoul National University College of Medicine, South Korea
CNS Spectr 15:159-66. 2010..we investigated the differences in regional cerebral glucose metabolism at resting state between young individuals with Internet game overuse and those with normal use using 18F-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography study.
- Ectopic expression of the sodium-iodide symporter enables imaging of transplanted cardiac stem cells in vivo by single-photon emission computed tomography or positron emission tomographyJohn Terrovitis
Department of Cardiology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 52:1652-60. 2008..NIS), which promotes in vivo cellular uptake of technetium 99m ((99m)Tc) or iodine 124 ((124)I), as a reporter gene for cell tracking by single-photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) or positron emission tomography (PET) imaging.
- Molecular imaging of CXCR4 receptor expression in human cancer xenografts with [64Cu]AMD3100 positron emission tomographySridhar Nimmagadda
Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiological Sciences, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
Cancer Res 70:3935-44. 2010..Our findings show the feasibility of imaging CXCR4 by positron emission tomography using a clinically approved agent as a molecular scaffold.
- Impact of positron emission tomography/computed tomography and positron emission tomography (PET) alone on expected management of patients with cancer: initial results from the National Oncologic PET RegistryBruce E Hillner
Department of Internal Medicine and the Massey Cancer Center, Virginia Commonwealth University, 1101 E Marshall St, Room 7013, Richmond, VA 23298 0170, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:2155-61. 2008Under Medicare's Coverage with Evidence Development policy, positron emission tomography (PET)/computed tomography (CT) and PET became covered services for previously noncovered cancer indications if prospective registry data were ..
- Functional brown adipose tissue in healthy adultsKirsi A Virtanen
Turku PET Center, University of Turku, Finland
N Engl J Med 360:1518-25. 2009....
- High incidence of metabolically active brown adipose tissue in healthy adult humans: effects of cold exposure and adiposityMasayuki Saito
Department of Nutrition, School of Nursing and Nutrition, Tenshi College, Sapporo, Japan
Diabetes 58:1526-31. 2009..The objective is to examine the prevalence of metabolically active BAT in healthy adult humans and to clarify the effects of cold exposure and adiposity...
- Quantitative fluoroestradiol positron emission tomography imaging predicts response to endocrine treatment in breast cancerHannah M Linden
Division of Medical Oncology, University of Washington, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:2793-9. 2006In breast cancer, [(18)F]fluoroestradiol (FES) positron emission tomography (PET) correlates with estrogen receptors (ER) expression and predicts response to tamoxifen...
- Neurophysiological responses to traumatic reminders in the acute aftermath of serious motor vehicle collisions using [15O]-H2O positron emission tomographyElizabeth A Osuch
Department of Psychiatry, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Biol Psychiatry 64:327-35. 2008..However, neural responses arising in the early aftermath of a traumatic event have not been studied...
- Noninvasive imaging of macrophages in rheumatoid synovitis using 11C-(R)-PK11195 and positron emission tomographyConny J van der Laken
VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Arthritis Rheum 58:3350-5. 2008Noninvasive imaging by positron emission tomography (PET) of macrophages in inflamed joints of patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) may allow early detection of disease activity...
- Multimodal metabolic imaging of cerebral gliomas: positron emission tomography with [18F]fluoroethyl-L-tyrosine and magnetic resonance spectroscopyFrank Willi Floeth
Department of Neurosurgery, Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf, Germany
J Neurosurg 102:318-27. 2005The purpose of this study was to determine the predictive value of [18F]fluoroethyl-L-tyrosine (FET)-positron emission tomography (PET) and magnetic resonance (MR) spectroscopy for tumor diagnosis in patients with suspected gliomas.
- Neural correlates of intelligibility in speech investigated with noise vocoded speech--a positron emission tomography studySophie K Scott
Department of Psychology, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom
J Acoust Soc Am 120:1075-83. 2006..Specifically, it is suggested that an anterior stream processing intelligibility can be distinguished from a posterior stream associated with transient representations, important in spoken repetition and working memory...
- Usefulness of positron emission tomography in the evaluation of distribution and activity of systemic lesions associated with autoimmune pancreatitisHiroyuki Matsubayashi
Division of Endoscopy, Shizuoka Cancer Center, Suntogun, Japan
Pancreatology 9:694-9. 2009..The aim of this study is to analyze the usefulness of positron emission tomography with (18)F-fluorodeoxyglucose (FDG-PET) in the evaluation of distribution and activity of systemic ..
- Radiosynthesis and evaluation of [11C]-(+)-4-propyl-3,4,4a,5,6,10b-hexahydro-2H-naphtho[1,2-b][1,4]oxazin-9-ol as a potential radiotracer for in vivo imaging of the dopamine D2 high-affinity state with positron emission tomographyAlan A Wilson
PET Centre, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health and Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Med Chem 48:4153-60. 2005..carbon-11, as a potential radiotracer for imaging the high-affinity state of dopamine D2 receptors with positron emission tomography (PET)...
- Use of 18F-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography for diagnosis of uterine sarcomasAkira Nagamatsu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Wakayama Medical University, Wakayama 641 8509, Japan
Oncol Rep 23:1069-76. 2010We evaluated the use of 18F-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography (FDG-PET) for the diagnosis of uterine sarcomas...
- FDG-PET improves accuracy in distinguishing frontotemporal dementia and Alzheimer's diseaseNorman L Foster
Center for Alzheimer s Care, Imaging and Research and Department of Neurology, University of Utah, USA
Brain 130:2616-35. 2007..AD) and frontotemporal dementia (FTD) currently relies on a clinical history and examination, but positron emission tomography with [(18)F] fluorodeoxyglucose (FDG-PET) shows different patterns of hypometabolism in these disorders ..
- Intensity of 18fluorodeoxyglucose uptake in positron emission tomography distinguishes between indolent and aggressive non-Hodgkin's lymphomaHeiko Schoder
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Department of Radiology, Nuclear Medicine Service, Box 77, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:4643-51. 200518)Fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography (FDG PET) is widely used for the staging of lymphoma. We investigated whether the intensity of tumor FDG uptake could differentiate between indolent and aggressive disease.
- The use of dynamic positron emission tomography imaging for evaluating the carcinogenic progression of intestinal metaplasia to esophageal adenocarcinomaYan Li
Division of Surgical Oncology, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, Kentucky, USA
Cancer Invest 26:278-85. 2008....
- Blood flow-metabolic relationships are dependent on tumour size in non-small cell lung cancer: a study using quantitative contrast-enhanced computer tomography and positron emission tomographyK A Miles
Division of Clinical and Laboratory Sciences, Brighton and Sussex Medical School, University of Sussex, Brighton, BN7 3PB, UK
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 33:22-8. 2006..lung cancer (NSCLC) using contrast-enhanced computed tomography (CE-CT) and (18)F-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography (FDG-PET) in order to assess how the relationships between these parameters vary with tumour size and ..
- Prognostic value of metabolic tumor volume measured by 18F-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography in patients with esophageal carcinomaSeung Hyup Hyun
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Ann Surg Oncol 17:115-22. 2010The aim of this study was to evaluate the prognostic value of metabolic tumor volume (MTV) measured by (18)F-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography ((18)F-FDG PET) in patients with esophageal carcinoma.
- Usefulness 18F-FDG positron emission tomography/computed tomography for detecting recurrence of hepatocellular carcinoma in posttransplant patientsYoung Kyu Kim
Center for Liver Cancer, Goyang si, Gyeonggi Do, Republic of Korea
Liver Transpl 16:767-72. 201018)F-fluoro-2-deoxy-D-glucose ((18)F-FDG) positron emission tomography (PET)/computed tomography (CT) has recently been shown to be able to predict a poor outcome after liver transplantation (LT) for patients with hepatocellular ..
- Synthesis of 11C, 18F, 15O, and 13N radiolabels for positron emission tomographyPhilip W Miller
Department of Chemistry, Imperial College London, South Kensington, London, SW7 2AZ, UK
Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 47:8998-9033. 2008b>Positron emission tomography (PET) is a powerful and rapidly developing area of molecular imaging that is used to study and visualize human physiology by the detection of positron-emitting radiopharmaceuticals...
- FDG-PET imaging for chronic expanding hematoma in pelvis with massive bone destructionKenichiro Hamada
Department of Nuclear Medicine and Tracer Kinetics, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Skeletal Radiol 34:807-11. 2005..2-Deoxy-[18F]fluoro-D: -glucose (FDG) positron emission tomography (PET) imaging revealed an increased uptake in the rim of the mass in images acquired 1 h after FDG ..
- Simultaneous PET-MRI: a new approach for functional and morphological imagingMartin S Judenhofer
Laboratory for Preclinical Imaging and Imaging Technology of the Werner Siemens Foundation, Department of Radiology, Eberhard Karls University of Tubingen, Röntgenweg 13, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Nat Med 14:459-65. 2008..This paper introduces a new technology synergizing two leading imaging methodologies: positron emission tomography (PET) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)...
- Positron Emission Tomography to Evaluate Thymic FunctionLaura Napolitano; Fiscal Year: 2006..of fluorine-18 fluorodeoxyglucose by thymic tissue has been previously detected and quantitated by positron emission tomography (PET)...
- Air Pollution on Adiposity and Vascular Dysfunction: White or Brown Matters?Qinghua Sun; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Ang II and Aldosterone Effects on Insulin Resistance in Cardiovascular TissueJAMES RUSSELL SOWERS; Fiscal Year: 2013..utilize our state of the art rodent imaging center to conduct critical in vivo investigations, employ positron emission tomography (PET) scanning to evaluate insulin stimulated glucose uptake in the heart, and cine-magnetic resonance ..
- Novel PET imaging agents for early diagnosis of plaque deposition in Alzheimer'sPadmakar Kulkarni; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>Positron emission tomography (PET scan) can create image of the harmful beta amyoid plaque in the brains of living Alzheimer's ..
- Neural mechanisms by which chronic stress regulates inflammation in asthmaMelissa A Rosenkranz; Fiscal Year: 2013..All participants will perform a psychosocial stress test. Positron emission tomography (PET) will be used to measure the neural response to the stressor, such that uptake of radiolabeled ..
- Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor Density and Veteran Cigarette SmokersArthur Brody; Fiscal Year: 2013..sequence of procedures: (1) telephone/in-person screening, (2) a bolus-plus-continuous-infusion 2- FA positron emission tomography (PET) scanning session, (3) a structural magnetic resonance imaging scan within one week of the initial ..
- Drug Interactions at the Human Blood-Brain BarrierJashvant D Unadkat; Fiscal Year: 2010..This changed with the development by our laboratory of a novel, innovative and non-invasive, Positron Emission Tomography (PET) imaging method to quantitatively measure P-gp activity and its inhibition/induction at the human ..
- Air Pollution on Adiposity and Vascular Dysfunction: White or Brown Matters?Qinghua Sun; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Neuroimaging Assessments of Brain Integrity in Aging MiceAi Ling Lin; Fiscal Year: 2013..non-invasive brain imaging methods (magnetic resonance imaging and spectroscopy (MRI/MRS) and positron emission tomography (PET)) to assess brain metabolic, hemodynamic and neuronal (structural and functional) integrity and ..
- NOVEL PET AGENT FOR MYOCARDIAL PERFUSION IMAGINGVijay Sharma; Fiscal Year: 2013..By comparison, positron emission tomography (PET) provides technical advantages, including higher spatial resolution, improved attenuation ..
- Validation of a functional MRI-based reward processing task as a non-invasive tooMARY LOUISE PHILLIPS; Fiscal Year: 2010..To do this, we aim to use functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) and [11C]raclopride Positron Emission Tomography (PET) during a physiological challenge (monetary reward task) and a pharmacological challenge, (d-..
- Early social stress, novelty seeking, and impulsive behaviorDavid M Lyons; Fiscal Year: 2013..Diminished ventral striatal DRD2 availability determined in vivo by positron emission tomography (PET) has been linked in humans and animal models to novelty seeking and related maladaptive forms of ..
- Nitric Oxide in Pulmonary HypertensionSerpil C Erzurum; Fiscal Year: 2013..ascribed to HIF-expression [increased lung glucose uptake by 18F- fluoro-deoxy-glucose analogue - positron emission tomography (FDG-PET), high-levels of plasma erythropoietin (Epo) and mobilization of bone marrow progenitors] are ..
- T-cell Therapy for B-lineage Acute Lymphoblastic LeukemiaLaurence J N Cooper; Fiscal Year: 2013..electroporation to introduce the CAR as well as co-express HSV-1 thymidine kinase (TK) for imaging by positron emission tomography (PET)...
- Pulmonary Vascular-Right Ventricular Axis Research ProgramWai Hong Wilson Tang; Fiscal Year: 2013..by glycolytic enzyme expression and uptake of the glucose analogue [18F]2-fluoro-2-deoxy-D-glucose by positron emission tomography (fasting FDG-PET) in PAH patients...
- Quantitative Assessment of Oxidative Metabolism in Brown FatOtto Muzik; Fiscal Year: 2011..Recently, numerous papers have appeared in the positron emission tomography (PET) literature identifying symmetric foci of intense uptake of 18F-deoxy-D-glucose (FDG) uptake in ..
- Monoamine Contributions to Neurocircuitry in Eating DisordersWalter H Kaye; Fiscal Year: 2013..This 5 year study, of women 18 to 45 years old, will employ positron emission tomography (PET) imaging with radioligands for the serotonin (5-HT) transporter ([11C]DASB) and dopamine (DA) D2/..
- Steroid-Based Contrast Agents for Magnetic Resonance Imaging of Endocrine DiseaseThomas J Meade; Fiscal Year: 2013..MRI does not use ionizing radiation or radioactivity like positron emission tomography (PET) and X-ray/CT, and it allows for 3D reconstructions and high resolution imaging over time without ..
- Brain Nicotine Receptor Density &Response to Nicotine PatchArthur Brody; Fiscal Year: 2013..Pilot data from our ongoing studies using positron emission tomography (PET) and the radiotracer 2-[18F]fluoro-3-(2(S)azetidinylmethoxy) pyridine (abbreviated as 2-FA) in ..
- Dopaminergic Mechanisms of Cytokine-Induced Behavioral ChangeAndrew H Miller; Fiscal Year: 2012..Relevant to the role of DA and the basal ganglia in these effects, neuroimaging studies using positron emission tomography (PET) in patients undergoing IFN-alpha therapy have revealed increased basal ganglia glucose metabolism ..
- Cardiac Autonomic Neuropathy and Myocardial Dysfunction in Type 1 DiabetesRODICA BUSUI POP-BUSUI; Fiscal Year: 2013..The manifestations of sympathetic activation will be determined by positron emission tomography (PET) with [11C]meta-hydroxyephedrine ([11C]HED), heart rate variability, and 24-hour blood pressure ..
- Using PET isotopes to identify drug targets and to diagnose infectious diseasesPeter J Tonge; Fiscal Year: 2010b>Positron emission tomography (PET) radioisotopes, such as carbon-11 (11C) and fluorine-18 (18F), will be incorporated into current antibiotics, such as the tuberculosis drugs isoniazid and rifampicin, in order to directly identify the ..
- In vivo imaging of encapsulated stem cells in mouse models of tumor resectionKhalid A Shah; Fiscal Year: 2013..and their efficacy by in vivo BLI, intravital microscopy (IVM), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and positron emission tomography (PET) and thus to fine tune the proposed approaches...
- PET Imaging of ThrombusPETER D CARAVAN; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Positron Emission Tomography Imaging of Thrombus. The goal of this proposal is to develop a fibrin-specific positron emission tomography (PET) probe for direct imaging of thrombus...
- Changes in Adipokines and Adiposity during Puberty and Young AdulthoodNICOLE LENORE MIHALOPOULOS; Fiscal Year: 2013..measures will be determined in 600 subjects (8-99yo) who are undergoing a clinically indicated positron emission tomography with computed tomography (PET/CT)...
- Targeting Glucose Metabolism in CancerSucheta Telang; Fiscal Year: 2013..This metabolic phenotype is confirmed by positron emission tomography (PET) with 2-[18F]-fluoro-2-deoxy-glucose which demonstrates that tumors take up 10-fold more glucose ..
- ASCORBATE-INDUCED RADIOSENSITIZATION IN PANCREATIC CANCERJoseph J Cullen; Fiscal Year: 2013..and oxidative stress in vitro and in vivo;we will employ FLT-PET (fluoro-labeled thymidine positron emission tomography) as a non- invasive in vivo index of cell proliferation...
- The Neurochemistry of Cognitive Therapy: Predicting Treatment Outcome with PETJeffrey M Miller; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will quantify the 5-HT1A receptor at baseline using positron emission tomography (PET) with the [11C]WAY-100635 radioligand among 46 subjects with MDD in a major depressive episode, ..
- Predicting Cognitive Decline in Adults with Down SyndromeIra T Lott; Fiscal Year: 2013..The 2nd specific aim will assess whether amyloid uptake is increased in brain by positron emission tomography as a predictor of dementia...
- RCT of Stress Reduction in the Secondary Prevention of CHD in African AmericansRobert Schneider; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>Positron emission tomography (PET) is a highly sensitive and specific noninvasive tool for quantifying changes in coronary artery ..
- New Inactivators of GABA Aminotransferase for AddictionRichard B Silverman; Fiscal Year: 2013..It was shown by positron emission tomography (PET) in primates that vigabatrin inhibits these cocaine-induced dopamine increases...
- Brown Adipose Tissue Vasculature Probes for Non-Invasive ImagingMikhail G Kolonin; Fiscal Year: 2011..Recently, functional BAT in adult humans has been detected by positron emission tomography (PET), outlining new avenues in treatment of obesity and the associated disorders...
- PSMA-based Cancer Imaging AgentsMartin G Pomper; Fiscal Year: 2013..Metabolic imaging techniques such as magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS), positron emission tomography (PET) and single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) are gaining favor over the anatomic ..
- IMAGING T CELLS BY POSITRON EMISSION TOMOGRAPHYShahriar Yaghoubi; Fiscal Year: 2013..and microenvironment associated with adoptively transferred CD19-specific T cells as achieved using positron emission tomography (PET)...
- Cathespin K Radioligands for In Vivo ImagingMichael R Kilbourn; Fiscal Year: 2012..project involves the design, development and evaluation of an new molecular imaging radiotracers for Positron Emission Tomography (PET) studies of osteoporosis and other musculoskeletal diseases (e.g...
- BETR Therapy for Herpesvirus-Associated TumorsMartin G Pomper; Fiscal Year: 2013..EBV-associated lymphoma and nasopharygeal carcinoma with bortezomib then image them with [124I]FIAU and positron emission tomography, using the imaging to guide treatment with [131I]FIAU...
- TWIN STUDY OF BIOLOGIC MARKERS FOR PTSDLisa M Shin; Fiscal Year: 2012..cerebral blood flow during script-driven imagery of combat and other personal stressful events during positron emission tomography, and e...
- DEVELOPMENT AND REGULATION OF EMOTION IN PRIMATESNed H Kalin; Fiscal Year: 2013..and influences on the serotonin system indexed by serotonin 1A (5HT1A) binding, measured with in vivo positron emission tomography (PET) of dorsal raphe and hippocampus...
- Biologic Evaluation of Liposome-Encapsulated HemoglobinVibhudutta Awasthi; Fiscal Year: 2013..Improvement in cerebral oxygen, glucose and energy metabolism will be evaluated by positron emission tomography and magnetic resonance imaging...
- Imaging Biomarkers for Evaluating Mitochondrial Function in DiabetesGeoffrey David Clarke; Fiscal Year: 2013..Also, positron emission tomography has been used extensively to measure glucose utilization and tissue blood flow in skeletal muscle...
- Effect of Circulating Glucose on Eating Behavior and Brain Activation in DiabetesRENATA D BELFORT DE AGUIAR; Fiscal Year: 2013..brain metabolism and function including: a) use of brain imaging techniques (fMRI, MRI spectroscopy and positron emission tomography - all available at Yale University);and b) behavioral measurements (visual cues with fMRI, ..
- Hyperpolarized 129-Xenon-based MRI Probes for Brain InjuryJEREMY PHILLIP CELVER; Fiscal Year: 2010..The sensitivity of positron emission tomography (PET) and single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) have led to the widespread use of these ..
- Glucose Metabolic, Amyloid, and Tau Brain Imaging in Down's Syndrome and DementiaGARY WILLIAM SMALL; Fiscal Year: 2013..5 million people in the U.S. Our pilot positron emission tomography (PET) studies of adults with DS show lower brain glucose metabolic rates (measured with ..
- The Norepinephrine Transporter: A Novel Target for Imaging Brown Adipose TissueROBERT STANLEY SHERWIN; Fiscal Year: 2012..The purpose of this application is to test a new, mechanistically driven approach using positron emission tomography (PET) imaging of BAT in humans...
- Functional Genomics and Molecular Imaging of Liver Disease and CancerGORDON SHOJI OKIMOTO; Fiscal Year: 2013..imaging techniques that can be applied clinically to HCC and chronic liver disease, and has identified Positron Emission Tomography (PET) as a promising technology that may address some of these issues...
- PET and MRI Neuronal Loss and Amyloid and Tau Deposition in Alzheimer DiseaseLaurel Martin-Harris; Fiscal Year: 2012..combines high resolution magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) of the hippocampal complex (HC) with two positron emission tomography (PET) techniques to investigate the relationship between protein deposition, HC neuronal loss and ..
- Epidemiology of Biomarkers of Risk and Progression in LOADNicole Schupf; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Positron emission tomography brain imaging using 11C Pittsburgh compound B is considered an in vivo measure of brain amyloid plaque ..
- Cytokine Effects on Amphetamine-Induced Dopamine Release using PET NeuroimagingJennifer C Felger; Fiscal Year: 2011..In addition, neuroimaging studies using positron emission tomography (PET) in patients undergoing IFN-alpha therapy have revealed increased basal ganglia glucose metabolism ..
- Exploiting Protease-Activatable Agents to Characterize and Treat AsthmaCsilla Felsen; Fiscal Year: 2013..ACPPs with fluorescent and/or non-optical (e.g., 64Cu for positron emission tomography) imaging payloads will be used for longitudinal in vivo imaging of mice at various stages of asthma ..
- IMAGING AUTOIMMUNE DISEASEDiane J Mathis; Fiscal Year: 2013..and visualization methods [magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)/positron emission tomography (PET)/confocal and intravital microscopy (IVM)/fluorescence-mediated tomography (FMT), fluorescent-..
- Imaging Cellular Stress and Treatment Response Using Positron Emission TomographyANTHONY FRANK SHIELDS; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Positron emission tomography (PET) allows one to measure tumor and normal tissue metabolism in vivo and non-invasively...
- MULTI-TISSUE MULTI-TRACER METABOLIC PHENOTYPING OF DIABETES WITH PRE-CLINICAL PETKOORESH ISAAC SHOGHI; Fiscal Year: 2013..metabolic imaging in multi-tissues using multiple metabolic tracers in conjunction with pre-clinical Positron Emission Tomography (PET). Pre-clinical PET is unique in that multiple tissues are in the field-of-view (FOV)...
- The Use of 2-Deoxyglucose in Head and Neck Cancer TherapyDOUGLAS ROBERT SPITZ; Fiscal Year: 2013..of these observations has been limited to the use of 2-[F-18]-fluoro-2-deoxy-D-glucose (FDG) and Positron Emission Tomography (PET) to identify cancerous tissues...
- DEVELOPMENT OF PET RADIOPHARMACEUTICALS TARGETING GRPRBuck E Rogers; Fiscal Year: 2012..radiolabeled BN analogs have been evaluated for single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) and positron emission tomography (PET) imaging of GRPR-expressing cancers...
- A Proof of Concept Study Examining The Safety and Efficacy of Innate Immune SysteTed T Ashburn; Fiscal Year: 2013..immune system stimulation with sargramostim on existing beta-amyloid plaque load using quantitative positron emission tomography (PET) in patients with mild cognitive impairment (MCI) due to AD (pre-clinical AD)...
- 18F-Mefway PET for Human Aging and Alzheimer's DiseaseJogeshwar Mukherjee; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our long-term goal is to develop noninvasive imaging methods of positron emission tomography (PET) that will aid in the early diagnosis of these disorders and may therefore be useful in treatment ..
- Comparative effectiveness of noninvasive cardiac imagingMarcelo F Di Carli; Fiscal Year: 2010..SPECT), newer imaging technology including coronary computed tomography angiography (CCTA), and positron emission tomography (PET) are receiving considerable attention with the goal of improving diagnosis and risk stratification ..
- [F18]FMAU in Prostate CancerHossein Jadvar; Fiscal Year: 2010..results from other researchers have prompted us to investigate the potential diagnostic utility of positron emission tomography (PET) with [F- 18]-2'-fluoro-5-methyl-1-beta-D-arabinofuranosyluracil (F-18 FMAU) in the imaging ..
- Novel molecular imaging approaches to monitor gene and cell-based therapiesShahriar Yaghoubi; Fiscal Year: 2013..technologies for specific identification and tracking of therapeutic genes and cells in vivo using positron emission tomography (PET), a quantitative, non-invasive molecular imaging approach applicable to both preclinical and ..
- MR-PET for a Small Animal Imaging CenterJason A Koutcher; Fiscal Year: 2010..09-004) will focus on "Comparative Oncology Research" and requests funds for a unique state of the art Positron Emission Tomography (PET) insert for an MR animal scanner which will be used by numerous biomedical research laboratories ..
- Detection of Brown Adipose Tissue Using Contrast UltrasoundMarielle Scherrer-Crosbie; Fiscal Year: 2012..There are however difficulties associated with studying BAT in vivo. 18F-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography coupled with CT scan (18F-FDG PET-CT) is currently the only technology available to detect human BAT in ..
- Radiolabled MAO-B Substrates for ImagingMichael R Kilbourn; Fiscal Year: 2012..synthesis, and evaluation in vitro and in vivo of new carbon-11 and fluorine-18 labeled substrates for Positron Emission Tomography (PET) imaging of MAO-B enzymatic activity...
- HPLC-ICP-MS SystemPETER D CARAVAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..translational research involving advanced imaging techniques such as magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), positron emission tomography, optical imaging, and magnetoencephalography. Accurate elemental analysis underpins much of this work...
- Development of Novel Fluorinated Amino AcidsMark Goodman; Fiscal Year: 2004..to image brain and systemic tumors in vivo based upon amino acid transport with the imaging technique Positron Emission Tomography (PET)...
- FDG-PET and V/Q SPECT Acquired During Radiation to Predict Outcomes in Lung CanceFeng Ming Kong; Fiscal Year: 2009..Using [18F] fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography (FDG-PET) and ventilation/perfusion single photon emission computed tomography (V/Q SPECT), we have ..
- Recombinant Human TSH Superagonists for Imaging of Thyroid CancerBruce Weintraub; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Nitric Oxide in Pulmonary HypertensionSerpil Erzurum; Fiscal Year: 2009..ascribed to HIF-expression [increased lung glucose uptake by 18F- fluoro-deoxy-glucose analogue - positron emission tomography (FDG-PET), high-levels of plasma erythropoietin (Epo) and mobilization of bone marrow progenitors] are ..
- A Phase II Study to Test the Correlation of a Radiation Pneumonitis Imaging BiomaThomas M Guerrero; Fiscal Year: 2010..18F]-2-fluoro-2-deoxyglucose positron emission tomography (18F-FDG PET) imaging provides an assessment of pneumonitis, pulmonary inflammation appears as enhanced ..
- In Vivo Optical Imaging Scanner for Small Animal ResearchSTUART BERR; Fiscal Year: 2009..planar fluorescence and bioluminescence imaging (BLI), single gamma emission tomography (SPECT), and positron emission tomography (PET) scanners...
- Assessment of Brain Iron and Neuronal Integrity Using Novel T1r and T2r MRIShalom Michaeli; Fiscal Year: 2009..Current radiotracing imaging techniques such as positron emission tomography (PET) and single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) lack the ability to ascertain dopamine ..
- ANESTHETIC MECHANISMS BY IN VIVO BRAIN IMAGINGFerenc Gyulai; Fiscal Year: 2004b>Positron emission tomography (PET) permits the study of neuroreceptor systems non-invasively in the living brain, and thus offers a means to define the neurophysiological basis of unconsciousness produced by general anesthetics...
- Quantitative periprosthetic PET/CTThomas Lang; Fiscal Year: 2009..Both Computed Tomography (CT) and Positron Emission Tomography (PET) have been recognized as potential diagnostic alternatives with excellent sensitivity and ..
- Development and Applications of Novel SERT PET LigandsMark Goodman; Fiscal Year: 2006..the exploration of the mechanism of major depression by assessing the functional status of SERT using Positron Emission Tomography (PET)...
- Development and Applications of Novel SERT PET LigandsMark Goodman; Fiscal Year: 2004..the exploration of the mechanism of major depression by assessing the functional status of SERT using Positron Emission Tomography (PET)...
- PET IN HYPERKINETIC DISORDERS--A MULTICENTER STUDYDavid Eidelberg; Fiscal Year: 2001..New advances in functional brain imaging with positron emission tomography (PET) and network analysis have allowed us to identify and quantitate spatially distributed changes in ..
- PET/SPECT/CT Camera for Small Animal Imaging at UMMSDonald Hnatowich; Fiscal Year: 2007..Modalities such as positron emission tomography (PET) and single photon emission tomography (SPECT) are of considerable value to researchers concerned ..
- Therapy for Liver Cancer by Targeting Energy MetabolismJean Francois Geschwind; Fiscal Year: 2007..This property is commonly used clinically in Positron Emission Tomography (PET) to detect cancers and assess their degree of malignancy...