Genomes and Genes
computer assisted diagnosis
Summary: Application of computer programs designed to assist the physician in solving a diagnostic problem.
Publications213 found, 100 shown here
- Penalized Cox regression analysis in the high-dimensional and low-sample size settings, with applications to microarray gene expression dataJiang Gui
Department of Statistics, University of California Davis, CA 95616, USA
Bioinformatics 21:3001-8. 2005..It would be desirable to have models with good prediction accuracy and parsimony property...
- Measuring the impact of diagnostic decision support on the quality of clinical decision making: development of a reliable and valid composite scorePadmanabhan Ramnarayan
Department of Paediatrics, St Mary s Hospital, London, England
J Am Med Inform Assoc 10:563-72. 2003..This report describes a reliable and valid scoring technique to measure the quality of clinical decision plans in an acute medical setting, where diagnostic decision support tools might prove most useful...
- Pulmonary nodules at chest CT: effect of computer-aided diagnosis on radiologists' detection performanceKazuo Awai
Department of Radiology, Kinki University School of Medicine, 377 2 Oono Higashi, Osaka Sayama City, Osaka 589 8511, Japan
Radiology 230:347-52. 2004..To evaluate the effect of computer-aided diagnosis (CAD) on radiologists' detection of pulmonary nodules...
- Simulated computerized adaptive tests for measuring functional status were efficient with good discriminant validity in patients with hip, knee, or foot/ankle impairmentsDennis L Hart
Focus On Therapeutic Outcomes, Inc, White Stone, VA 22578 2403, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 58:629-38. 2005....
- Lung cancer: performance of automated lung nodule detection applied to cancers missed in a CT screening programSamuel G Armato
Kurt Rossmann Laboratories for Radiologic Image Research, Department of Radiology, University of Chicago, 5841 S Maryland Ave, MC 2026, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Radiology 225:685-92. 2002..To evaluate the performance of a fully automated computerized method for the detection of lung nodules in computed tomographic (CT) scans in the identification of lung cancers that may be missed during visual interpretation...
- A comprehensive evaluation of multicategory classification methods for microarray gene expression cancer diagnosisAlexander Statnikov
Department of Biomedical Informatics, Vanderbilt University Nashville, TN, USA
Bioinformatics 21:631-43. 2005....
- Texture analysis of medical imagesG Castellano
Neuroimage Laboratory, Faculty of Medical Sciences, State University of Campinas, Brazil
Clin Radiol 59:1061-9. 2004..In this article we clarify the principles of texture analysis and give examples of its applications, reviewing studies of the technique...
- A wavelet-based ECG delineator: evaluation on standard databasesJuan Pablo Martinez
Communications Technology Group, Aragon Institute of Engineering Research, University of Zaragoza, Maria de Luna, 1, 50015 Zaragoza, Spain
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 51:570-81. 2004....
- 128-channel EEG source imaging in epilepsy: clinical yield and localization precisionChristoph M Michel
Functional Brain Mapping Laboratory, Neurology Clinic, University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
J Clin Neurophysiol 21:71-83. 2004..The authors conclude that high-resolution interictal EEG source imaging is a valuable noninvasive functional neuroimaging technique. The speed, ease, flexibility, and low cost of this technique warrant its use in clinical practice...
- Use of extreme patient samples for outcome prediction from gene expression dataHuiqing Liu
Institute for Infocomm Research 21 Heng Mui Keng Terrace, Singapore 119613
Bioinformatics 21:3377-84. 2005..So, accurate prediction can potentially help to provide better treatment for patients...
- Pulmonary nodules on multi-detector row CT scans: performance comparison of radiologists and computer-aided detectionGeoffrey D Rubin
Department of Radiology, Stanford University School of Medicine, 300 Pasteur Drive, S 072, Stanford, CA 94305 5105, USA
Radiology 234:274-83. 2005..To compare the performance of radiologists and of a computer-aided detection (CAD) algorithm for pulmonary nodule detection on thin-section thoracic computed tomographic (CT) scans...
- Automatic detection of voice impairments by means of short-term cepstral parameters and neural network based detectorsJ I Godino-Llorente
Universidad Politecnica de Madrid, Escuela Universitaria de Ingeniería Técnica de Telecomunicación, Dpt of Ingeniería de Circuitos y Sistemas, Ctra Valencia km 7, 28031, Madrid
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 51:380-4. 2004..Within this context, the Learning Vector quantization methodology demonstrated to be more reliable than the multilayer perceptron architecture yielding 96% frame accuracy under similar working conditions...
- Simple decision rules for classifying human cancers from gene expression profilesAik Choon Tan
Center for Cardiovascular Bioinformatics and Modeling, Whitaker Biomedical Engineering Institute, Baltimore, MD 21218, USA
Bioinformatics 21:3896-904. 2005..This method generates simple and accurate decision rules that only involve a small number of gene-to-gene expression comparisons, thereby facilitating follow-up studies...
- Complexity and nonlinearity in short-term heart period variability: comparison of methods based on local nonlinear predictionAlberto Porta
Dipartimento di Scienze Precliniche LITA di Vialba, Laboratorio di Modellistica di Sistemi Complessi, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Milan 20157, Italy
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 54:94-106. 2007..e., sympathetic or parasympathetic) was ineffective at this regard...
- On the statistical significance of event-related EEG desynchronization and synchronization in the time-frequency planePiotr J Durka
Laboratory of Medical Physics, Institute of Experimental Physics, Warsaw University, 00 681 Warsaw, Poland
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 51:1167-75. 2004..We present estimation of the significance of event-related electroencephalograph desynchronization and synchronization (ERD/ERS) in the time-frequency plane...
- Nonlinear multivariate analysis of neurophysiological signalsErnesto Pereda
Department of Basic Physics, College of Physics and Mathematics, University of La Laguna, Avda Astrofísico Fco Sánchez s n, 38205 La Laguna, Tenerife, Spain
Prog Neurobiol 77:1-37. 2005..Finally, we illustrate the use of multivariate surrogate data test for the assessment of the strength (strong or weak) and the type (linear or nonlinear) of interdependence between neurophysiological signals...
- Assessment of the potential impact of a reminder system on the reduction of diagnostic errors: a quasi-experimental studyPadmanabhan Ramnarayan
Children s Acute Transport Service CATS, 44B Bedford Row, London, WC1H 4LL, UK
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 6:22. 2006....
- Discovering biomarkers from gene expression data for predicting cancer subgroups using neural networks and relational fuzzy clusteringNikhil R Pal
Electronics and Communication Sciences Unit, Indian Statistical Institute, India
BMC Bioinformatics 8:5. 2007..We use multilayer networks with online gene selection ability and relational fuzzy clustering to identify a small set of biomarkers for accurate classification of the training and blind test cases of a well studied data set...
- Computer-aided diagnosis of localized ground-glass opacity in the lung at CT: initial experienceKwang Gi Kim
Department of Radiology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Chongno Gu, Seoul 110 744, Korea
Radiology 237:657-61. 2005..9, the sensitivity of the ANN for detecting GGO ROIs was 94.3% (280 of 297 ROIs), and the positive predictive value was 29.1% (280 of 963 ROIs). A computerized scheme may hold promise in facilitating detection of localized GGO at CT...
- Computed tomographic colonography: assessment of radiologist performance with and without computer-aided detectionSteve Halligan
Department of Specialist Radiology, University College Hospital, London, England
Gastroenterology 131:1690-9. 2006..However, the unavoidable interaction between CAD and the reader has not been addressed...
- Dynamic visualization of lung sounds with a vibration response device: a case seriesR Phillip Dellinger
Division of Cardiovascular Disease and Critical Care Medicine, UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School at Camden, Cooper University Hospital, Camden, NJ, USA
Respiration 75:60-72. 2008..The field of computer-assisted mapping of lung sounds is constantly evolving and several devices have been developed in this field...
- Small pulmonary nodules: effect of two computer-aided detection systems on radiologist performanceMarco Das
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Institute of Medical Statistics, and Department of Occupational Health, Rheinisch Westfälische Technische Hochschule Aachen University, Pauwelsstrasse 30, D 52074 Aachen, Germany
Radiology 241:564-71. 2006..To prospectively compare the effects of two computer-aided detection (CAD) systems on the detection of small pulmonary nodules at multi-detector row computed tomography (CT) by using a consensus panel decision as the reference standard...
- An evaluation of patient-reported outcomes found computerized adaptive testing was efficient in assessing stress perceptionRüya Daniela Kocalevent
Clinic for Internal Medicine, Department of Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Clin Epidemiol 62:278-87, 287.e1-3. 2009..This study aimed to develop and evaluate a first computerized adaptive test (CAT) for the measurement of stress perception (Stress-CAT), in terms of the two dimensions: exposure to stress and stress reaction...
- A computer assisted diagnosis tool for the classification of burns by depth of injuryCarmen Serrano
Area de Teoría de la Señal y Comunicaciones, Escuela Superior de Ingenieros, Universidad de Sevilla, Camino de los Descubrimientos s n, 41092 Sevilla, Spain
Burns 31:275-81. 2005In this paper, a computer assisted diagnosis (CAD) tool for the classification of burns into their depths is proposed...
- Development of a novel computer-aided diagnosis system for automatic discrimination of malignant from benign solitary pulmonary nodules on thin-section dynamic computed tomographyKiyoshi Mori
Department of Thoracic Diseases, Tochigi Cancer Center, Tochigi, Japan
J Comput Assist Tomogr 29:215-22. 2005....
- Continuous cardiac output monitoring by peripheral blood pressure waveform analysisRamakrishna Mukkamala
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 53:459-67. 2006..To validate the technique, we performed six acute swine experiments in which peripheral ABP waveforms and aortic flow probe CO were simultaneously measured over a wide physiologic range. We report an overall CO error of 14.6%...
- Automated storage and retrieval of thin-section CT images to assist diagnosis: system description and preliminary assessmentAlex M Aisen
Department of Radiology, Indiana University School of Medicine, UH 0279, 550 N University Blvd, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Radiology 228:265-70. 2003..The percentage of correct answers increased from 29% to 62% with computer assistance. This finding suggests that this system may be useful for computer-assisted diagnosis...
- Lung image database consortium: developing a resource for the medical imaging research communitySamuel G Armato
Department of Radiology, MC 2026, University of Chicago, 5841 S Maryland Ave, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Radiology 232:739-48. 2004..This article is intended to share with the community the breadth and depth of these key issues...
- Development of a computer-adaptive test for depression (D-CAT)Herbert Fliege
Clinic for Internal Medicine, Department of Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Germany
Qual Life Res 14:2277-91. 2005..95), with the Beck Depression Inventory (r = 0.79) and with a CES-D 8 item short form (r = 0.76). We conclude that the Depression-CAT measures depressive symptoms with high precision and low respondent burden...
- Influence of head tissue conductivity in forward and inverse magnetoencephalographic simulations using realistic head modelsRobert Van Uitert
Scientific Computing and Imaging Institute, University of Utah, 50 South Central Campus Drive, Room 3490, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 51:2129-37. 2004..We show the importance of accurate head tissue conductivities for MEG source localization in human brain, especially for deep dipole sources or when an accuracy greater than 1.4 cm is needed...
- Pulmonary nodule detection using chest CT imagesD Y Kim
Department of Information and Communication Engineering, Chungnam National University, Taejon, South Korea
Acta Radiol 44:252-7. 2003..Automated methods for the detection of pulmonary nodules and nodule volume calculation on CT are described...
- Cervicocephalic kinaesthesia: reliability of a new test approachE Kristjansson
Faculty of Medicine, University of Iceland, Reykjavik, Iceland
Physiother Res Int 6:224-35. 2001..The objectives were to assess the reliability of all tests and whether the three new tests were more challenging for the proprioceptive system...
- Mammographic characteristics of 115 missed cancers later detected with screening mammography and the potential utility of computer-aided detectionR L Birdwell
Department of Radiology H 1307, Stanford University Medical Center, 300 Pasteur Dr, Stanford, CA 94305 5105, USA
Radiology 219:192-202. 2001..To retrospectively determine the mammographic characteristics of cancers missed at screening mammography and assess the ability of computer-aided detection (CAD) to mark the missed cancers...
- Effectiveness of the Quick Medical Reference as a diagnostic toolJ B Lemaire
Department of Medicine, University of Calgary, Alta
CMAJ 161:725-8. 1999..Physician A obtained the correct diagnosis in 62 (40%) of the 154 cases, and physician B was successful in 56 (36%) of the cases. The authors use study cases to illustrate QMR's strengths and weaknesses...
- Influence of case and physician characteristics on perceptions of decision support systemsE S Berner
School of Health Related Professions, Department of Health Services Administration, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35294 3361, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 6:428-34. 1999....
- ISABEL: a web-based differential diagnostic aid for paediatrics: results from an initial performance evaluationP Ramnarayan
Department of Paediatrics, Imperial College School of Medicine, St Mary s Hospital, Norfolk Place, London, UK
Arch Dis Child 88:408-13. 2003..To test the clinical accuracy of a web based differential diagnostic tool (ISABEL) for a set of case histories collected during a two stage evaluation...
- Comparison of 4 methods for quantifying posterior capsule opacificationOliver Findl
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
J Cataract Refract Surg 29:106-11. 2003..A test set of digital retroillumination images of 100 eyes with PCO of varying degrees was used...
- Knowledge-based temporal abstraction in clinical domainsY Shahar
Section on Medical Informatics, School of Medicine, Stanford University, CA 94305 5479, USA
Artif Intell Med 8:267-98. 1996..RESUME generated about 80% of the abstractions agreed by both experts; about 97% of the generated abstractions were valid. We discuss the advantages and limitations of the current architecture...
- Automatic detection of pulmonary nodules at spiral CT: clinical application of a computer-aided diagnosis systemDag Wormanns
Department of Clinical Radiology, University of Muenster, 48129 Muenster, Germany
Eur Radiol 12:1052-7. 2002..Computer-aided diagnosis improves detection of pulmonary nodules at spiral CT and is a valuable second opinion in a clinical setting for lung cancer screening despite of its still limited sensitivity...
- Resolving the hemodynamic inverse problemChristopher M Quick
Michael E DeBakey Institute, Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843 4466, USA
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 53:361-8. 2006..This work, thus, lays the theoretical foundation for determining the arterial properties responsible for increased pulse pressure with age and various arterial system pathologies...
- A neural mass model of spectral responses in electrophysiologyR J Moran
The Wellcome Trust Centre for Neuroimaging, Institute of Neurology, University College London, 12 Queen Square, London, WC1N 3BG, UK
Neuroimage 37:706-20. 2007..In short, this work establishes a forward or generative model of electrophysiological recordings for psychopharmacological studies...
- Lung nodule detection on chest CT: evaluation of a computer-aided detection (CAD) systemIn Jae Lee
Department of Radiology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY, USA
Korean J Radiol 6:89-93. 2005..To evaluate the capacity of a computer-aided detection (CAD) system to detect lung nodules in clinical chest CT...
- Computerized two-lead resting ECG analysis for the detection of coronary artery stenosisEberhard Grube
Department of Cardiology, Angiology, Heart Center Siegburg, Klinikum Siegburg, Ringstrasse 49, D 53721 Siegburg, Germany
Int J Med Sci 4:249-63. 2007..We compared a new computer-enhanced, resting ECG analysis device, 3DMP, to coronary angiography to evaluate the device's accuracy in detecting hemodynamically relevant CAD...
- S-transform applied to laser Doppler flowmetry reactive hyperemia signalsSaid Assous
Groupe ISAIP ESAIP, Saint Barthélémy d Anjou, France
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 53:1032-7. 2006..The mechanisms that take place during reactive hyperemia are, therefore, local. The S-transform proves to be a suited time-frequency method, in order to analyze laser Doppler signal underlying mechanisms...
- Recursive gene selection based on maximum margin criterion: a comparison with SVM-RFESatoshi Niijima
Department of Bioinformatics, Graduate School of Systems Life Sciences, Kyushu University, Hakozaki 6 10 1, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8581, Japan
BMC Bioinformatics 7:543. 2006..However, the performance can be easily affected by noise and outliers, when it is applied to noisy, small sample size microarray data...
- Screening mammography with computer-aided detection: prospective study of 12,860 patients in a community breast centerT W Freer
Women s Diagnostic and Breast Health Center, 3800 W 15th St, Suite 111, Plano, TX 75075, USA
Radiology 220:781-6. 2001..To prospectively assess the effect of computer-aided detection (CAD) on the interpretation of screening mammograms in a community breast center...
- Computer-aided DSM-IV-diagnostics - acceptance, use and perceived usefulness in relation to users' learning stylesLars G Bergman
Dept of Learning, Informatics, Management and Ethics, Karolinska Institutet, Berzelius way 3, S 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 5:1. 2005..This study was undertaken to investigate how different preferences of Learning Styles (LS) of psychiatrists might affect acceptance, use and perceived usefulness of a CDSS for diagnostics in psychiatry...
- Carotid intima-medial thickness measured on multiple ultrasound frames: evaluation of a DICOM-based software systemKathleen Potter
School of Medicine and Pharmacology, University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia
Cardiovasc Ultrasound 5:29. 2007....
- Focal increases in perfusion and decreases in hemoglobin oxygenation precede seizure onset in spontaneous human epilepsyMingrui Zhao
Department of Neurosurgery, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York Presbyterian Hospital, 525 East 68th Street, New York, NY 10021, U S A
Epilepsia 48:2059-67. 2007..We report such a rare opportunity in a man with recurrent focal epilepsy arising from a cavernous malformation...
- Computerized adaptive testing in back pain: validation of the CAT-5D-QOLJacek A Kopec
Department of Health Care and Epidemiology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 33:1384-90. 2008..We have conducted an outcome instrument validation study...
- Computer-aided detection in the United Kingdom National Breast Screening Programme: prospective studyLisanne A L Khoo
Radiology Department, St George s Hospital, Blackshaw Rd, London SW17 0QT, England
Radiology 237:444-9. 2005..To evaluate prospectively the recall and cancer detection rates with and without computer-aided detection (CAD) in the United Kingdom National Health Service Breast Screening Programme...
- A nonlinear Bayesian filtering framework for ECG denoisingReza Sameni
Biomedical Signal and Image Processing Laboratory BiSIPL, School of Electrical Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, Azadi Avenue, Tehran, Iran
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 54:2172-85. 2007..The method is also successfully evaluated on real nonstationary muscle artifact. This method may therefore serve as an effective framework for the model-based filtering of noisy ECG recordings...
- Multimodal imaging and computer assisted diagnosis for functional tumour characterisationHans Ulrich Kauczor
Department of Radiology, Innovative Cancer Diagnostics and Therapy, Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Cancer Imaging 5:46-50. 2005..The latter will then serve tumour characterisation, therapeutic decision-making, image-guided procedures and efficacy evaluation...
- Detecting common gene expression patterns in multiple cancer outcome entitiesXinan Yang
Computational Diagnostics Group, Department of Computational Molecular Biology, MPI for Molecular Genetics, Ihnestr 73, 14195 Berlin, Germany
Biomed Microdevices 7:247-51. 2005..These genes complement the set of previously published candidates for universal prognostic markers in cancer...
- Robust prostate cancer marker genes emerge from direct integration of inter-study microarray dataLei Xu
The Whitaker Biomedical Engineering Institute, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21218, USA
Bioinformatics 21:3905-11. 2005..With the rapid accumulation of microarray data, it is of great interest to integrate inter-study microarray data to increase sample size, which could lead to the discovery of more reliable markers...
- Coronary structure and perfusion in health and diseaseJos Spaan
Department of Medical Physics, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Meibergdreef 15, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Philos Trans A Math Phys Eng Sci 366:3137-53. 2008..However, the interpretation of these signals is strongly model-dependent and therefore it is of paramount importance to develop realistic models reflecting the anatomy and unique physiology of the coronary circulation...
- Effect of feature extraction for brain tumor classification based on short echo time 1H MR spectraJan Luts
Department of Electrical Engineering ESAT, Research Division SCD, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Magn Reson Med 60:288-98. 2008..This can greatly speed up the execution of classifiers and DSSs and may accelerate their introduction into clinical practice...
- The value of the electrocardiogram in risk assessment in primary prevention: experience from the West of Scotland Coronary Prevention StudyP W Macfarlane
Division of Cardiovascular and Medical Sciences, University of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
J Electrocardiol 40:101-9. 2007..Of 355 incident MIs, 47.3% were silent or unrecognized and detected by ECG only. A simple ECG-based risk prediction equation for fatal and nonfatal MI is introduced...
- Interpretation of the Lempel-Ziv complexity measure in the context of biomedical signal analysisMateo Aboy
Electronics Engineering Technology Department, Oregon Institute of Technology, Portland, OR 97006, USA
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 53:2282-8. 2006..Our results indicate that LZ is particularly useful as a scalar metric to estimate the bandwidth of random processes and the harmonic variability in quasi-periodic signals...
- Association between phonocardiographic third and fourth heart sounds and objective measures of left ventricular functionGregory M Marcus
Division of Cardiology, University of California, San Francisco, USA
JAMA 293:2238-44. 2005..The third (S3) and fourth (S4) heart sounds detected by phonocardiography are considered to represent the criterion standards of the gallop sounds, but their test characteristics have not been explored...
- Integration of EEG/MEG with MRI and fMRIZhongming Liu
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Minnesota, MN 5545, USA
IEEE Eng Med Biol Mag 25:46-53. 2006
- Accessing heart dynamics to estimate durations of heart soundsVivek Nigam
Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, University of Illinois at Chicago, M C 154, 851 South Morgan, 60607, USA
Physiol Meas 26:1005-18. 2005..Complexity-based segmentation is invariant to amplitude and frequency variations of the heart sound and yields better time gates for heart sounds...
- Discriminating asthma and COPD based on bronchodilator data: an improvement of the methodsDick M Goedhart
Cardialysis BV, Westblaak 92, 3012 KM Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Physiol Meas 26:1115-23. 2005..628/0.730, 0.592/0.737 and 0.709/0.749. This increase in discriminatory power is obtained in the optimal use of all available information, especially age, which is not used in the increase of the predicted/baseline FEV1 rule...
- Noninvasive diagnostic assessment of brain tumors using combined in vivo MR imaging and spectroscopyDamien Galanaud
Centre de Resonance Magnetique Biologique et Medicale, UMR CNRS 6612, Faculte de Medecine, Université de la Méditerranée and Hôpital de La Timone, Marseille, France
Magn Reson Med 55:1236-45. 2006..This study shows the clinical value of a multivariate statistical analysis based on multimodal MRI and MRS for the noninvasive evaluation of intracranial tumors...
- Detection of cough signals in continuous audio recordings using hidden Markov modelsSergio Matos
Department of Medical Physics, University Hospitals of Leicester, UK
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 53:1078-83. 2006..A postprocessing stage to perform a more detailed analysis on the detected events is under development, and could allow the rejection of some of the incorrectly detected events...
- A mesostate-space model for EEG and MEGJean Daunizeau
The Wellcome Deparment of Imaging Neuroscience, Institute of Neurology, UCL, 12 Queen Square, London, UK
Neuroimage 38:67-81. 2007..The approach is evaluated and compared to standard inverse EEG techniques, using synthetic data and real data. The results demonstrate the added-value of the mesostate-space model and its variational inversion...
- A new dynamic index of insulin sensitivityGianluigi Pillonetto
Department of Information Engineering, University of Padova, 35131 Padova, Italy
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 53:369-79. 2006..Then, by resorting to real and synthetic data, we show both in IVGTT MM and clamp studies why this new index SD(I) offers, in comparison with SI, a more comprehensive picture of the control of insulin on glucose...
- Development of a decision support system for diagnosis and grading of brain tumours using in vivo magnetic resonance single voxel spectraAnne R Tate
St George s, University of London, Cranmer Terrace, London SW17 0RE, UK
NMR Biomed 19:411-34. 2006..In the comparison of individual pathologies, PNETs were significantly better diagnosed with the DSS than with MRI alone...
- Identifying offline muscle strength profiles sufficient for short-duration FES-LCE exercise: a PAC learning model approachRandy D Trumbower
Sensory Motor Performance Program, Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago and Northwestern University, Storrs, CT, USA
J Clin Monit Comput 20:209-20. 2006..However, there exists no systematic approach to predict whether an individual has sufficient thigh muscle strength necessary for FES-LCE exercise...
- Advances in computer-aided diagnosis for breast cancerLubomir Hadjiiski
Department of Radiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0904, USA
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 18:64-70. 2006....
- The prediction of breast cancer biopsy outcomes using two CAD approaches that both emphasize an intelligible decision processM Elter
Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Circuits IIS, Am Wolfsmantel 33, 91058 Erlangen, Germany
Med Phys 34:4164-72. 2007..89 +/- 0.01, the decision-tree approach in A(z) = 0.87 +/- 0.01, and the ANN approach in A(z) = 0.88 +/- 0.01...
- An automated system for 24-h monitoring of cough frequency: the leicester cough monitorSergio Matos
Department of Medical Physics, University Hospitals of Leicester, Leicester LE 5WW, U K
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 54:1472-9. 2007..The result of the analysis of a recording session is presented as a concise, graphical-based report. The modular nature of the system interface facilitates its enhancement with the integration of further modules...
- Reducing false alarm rates for critical arrhythmias using the arterial blood pressure waveformAnton Aboukhalil
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA, USA
J Biomed Inform 41:442-51. 2008....
- Bayesian spatio-temporal approach for EEG source reconstruction: conciliating ECD and distributed modelsJean Daunizeau
UMR 678 INSERM UPMC, Paris, France
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 53:503-16. 2006..Using simulated EEG data, the proposed inverse approach is evaluated and compared with standard distributed methods using both classical criteria and ROC curves...
- Patient-specific learning in real time for adaptive monitoring in critical careYing Zhang
Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
J Biomed Inform 41:452-60. 2008..96, 0.99, 0.79, and 0.99, respectively. The classification trees achieved 0.84, 0.98, 0.72, and 0.98, respectively. Thus, patient-specific modeling in real time is not only feasible but also effective in generating alerts at the bedside...
- Computed tomographic virtual colonoscopy computer-aided polyp detection in a screening populationRonald M Summers
Diagnostic Radiology Department, Warren Grant Magnuson Clinical Center, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1182, USA
Gastroenterology 129:1832-44. 2005..Our objective was to determine whether a computer program is as sensitive as optical colonoscopy for the detection of adenomatous colonic polyps on CT virtual colonoscopy...
- Ovarian cancer identification based on dimensionality reduction for high-throughput mass spectrometry dataJ S Yu
School of Electronics Engineering and Computer Science, Peking University, China
Bioinformatics 21:2200-9. 2005..However, the analysis of immense amount of data poses considerable challenges. We have therefore developed a novel method for dimensionality reduction and tested on a published ovarian high-resolution SELDI-TOF dataset...
- The use of multivariate MR imaging intensities versus metabolic data from MR spectroscopic imaging for brain tumour classificationA Devos
K U Leuven, ESAT SCD SISTA, Leuven, Belgium
J Magn Reson 173:218-28. 2005..The use of metabolic data from MRSI significantly improved automated classification of brain tumour types compared to the use of MR imaging intensities solely...
- Reliable classification of two-class cancer data using evolutionary algorithmsKalyanmoy Deb
Kanpur Genetic Algorithms Laboratory KanGAL, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, Kanpur 208 016, India
Biosystems 72:111-29. 2003..All simulation results show consistent gene subset identifications on three disease samples and exhibit the flexibilities and efficacies in using a multiobjective EA for the gene subset identification task...
- A protocol for building and evaluating predictors of disease state based on microarray dataLodewyk F A Wessels
Department of Mediamatics, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science, Delft University of Technology Mekelweg 4, 2628 CD Delft, The Netherlands
Bioinformatics 21:3755-62. 2005..However, there is, as yet, no objective way to evaluate whether a new approach truly improves on the current state of the art. In addition no 'standard' computational approach has emerged which enables robust outcome prediction...
- Combination of feature-reduced MR spectroscopic and MR imaging data for improved brain tumor classificationArjan W Simonetti
Laboratory for Analytical Chemistry, University of Nijmegen, Toernooiveld 1, 6525 ED Nijmegen, The Netherlands
NMR Biomed 18:34-43. 2005..We show that the combination of data from different MR investigations can be very important for brain tumor classification, particularly if a large number of tumors are to be classified simultaneously...
- Comparative analysis of logistic regression and artificial neural network for computer-aided diagnosis of breast massesJae H Song
Department of Electrical Engineering, Pennsylvania Medical Center, 3400 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Acad Radiol 12:487-95. 2005..To compare logistic regression and artificial neural network for computer-aided diagnosis on breast sonograms...
- Breast lesions on sonograms: computer-aided diagnosis with nearly setting-independent features and artificial neural networksChung Ming Chen
Institute of Biomedical Engineering, National Taiwan University, 1, Section 1, Jen Ai Rd, Taipei 100, Taiwan
Radiology 226:504-14. 2003..To develop a computer-aided diagnosis (CAD) algorithm with setting-independent features and artificial neural networks to differentiate benign from malignant breast lesions...
- Defining unrecognized myocardial infarction: a call for standardized electrocardiographic diagnostic criteriaKhawaja Afzal Ammar
Department of Internal Medicine, Olmsted Medical Center, Rochester, MN 55904, USA
Am Heart J 148:277-84. 2004..We sought to summarize the rationale behind the various UMI-ECG definitions and to suggest an approach to develop uniform criteria...
- Determination of an optimal kinematic protocol for computer-assisted evaluation of anterior cruciate ligament deficiencyS Martelli
Ministry of Healthcare, Istituti Ortopedici Rizzoli, Bologna, Italy
Ann Biomed Eng 29:1112-21. 2001..Comput. Methods Programs Biomed. 62:77-86, 2000)...
- Improved detection of lung nodules on chest radiographs using a commercial computer-aided diagnosis systemShingo Kakeda
Department of Radiology, University of Occupational and Environmental Health School of Medicine, Iseigaoka 1 1, Yahatanisi ku, Kitakyushu shi 807 8555, Japan
AJR Am J Roentgenol 182:505-10. 2004..The aim of this study was to evaluate the usefulness of a new commercially available computer-aided diagnosis (CAD) system with an automated method of detecting nodules due to lung cancers on chest radiograph...
- Auditory evoked potentials for the assessment of depth of anaesthesia: different configurations of artefact detection algorithmsDaniela Luecke
Institut für Informationstechnik, Universitat Duisburg Essen, Campus Duisburg, Germany
Biomed Tech (Berl) 52:90-5. 2007..Different configurations of artefact detection algorithms are evaluated using an AEP verification procedure and support vector machines to determine a suitable configuration for the assessment of depth of anaesthesia using AEPs...
- Kernel-imbedded Gaussian processes for disease classification using microarray gene expression dataXin Zhao
Department of Information and Computer Sciences, University of Hawaii, 1680 East West Road, Honolulu, Hawaii 96822, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 8:67. 2007..Kernel-induced learning methods form a class of approaches that show promising potentials to achieve this goal...
- NeuMonD: a tool for the development of new indicators of anaesthetic effectGudrun Stockmanns
Institut für Informationstechnik, Universitat Duisburg Essen, Campus Duisburg, Duisburg, Germany
Biomed Tech (Berl) 52:96-101. 2007....
- Predicting initiation and termination of atrial fibrillation from the ECGDieter Hayn
Austrian Research Centers GmbH ARC eHealth Systems, Graz, Austria
Biomed Tech (Berl) 52:5-10. 2007..The initiation of atrial fibrillation, however, could be correctly predicted in approximately 75% of the data analyzed...
- Wavelet-based analysis of MMN responses in childrenMartin Burger
Department of Phoniatrics and Pediatric Audiology, University Hospital Erlangen, Erlangen, Germany
Biomed Tech (Berl) 52:111-6. 2007..Owing to the shorter time required, the MMN paradigm suggested combined with the DWT proposed offers a new objective investigation method for children...
- Symbolic dynamics applied to optokinetic nystagmus signalsT Aasen
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
J Med Eng Technol 27:145-8. 2003..Applying Student's t-test showed a statistically significant lower mean entropy value (p<0.05) for the patients...
- Combining wavelet analysis and Bayesian networks for the classification of auditory brainstem responseRui Zhang
School of Computing and Mathematics, Faculty of Engineering, University of Ulster, Jordanstown, UK
IEEE Trans Inf Technol Biomed 10:458-67. 2006..In order to estimate the performance of this approach, stratified ten-fold cross-validation is used...
- Combining algorithms in automatic detection of QRS complexes in ECG signalsCarsten Meyer
Philips Research Laboratories, Aachen, Germany
IEEE Trans Inf Technol Biomed 10:468-75. 2006..Experimental results and analysis are provided on the Massachusetts Institute of Technology-Beth Israel Hospital (MIT-BIH) Arrhythmia Database. We show that our combination approach outperforms both individual algorithms...
- Diagnosing old MI by searching for a linear boundary in the space of principal componentsMark P Donnelly
School of Computing and Mathematics, University of Ulster, Jordanstown, UK
IEEE Trans Inf Technol Biomed 10:476-83. 2006..58% and 76.45%, respectively, across all experiments. The average accuracy of 76.73% achieved with this approach was significantly better than the other benchmark classifiers evaluated against it...
- Modeling the time-varying microstructure of simulated sleep EEG spindles using time-frequency analysis methodsP Xanthopoulos
Dept of Electron and Comput Eng, Tech Univ Crete, Greece
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 1:2438-41. 2006..4 sec) in the case of HT. Therefore, in the case of real spindles, one could utilize CD and MP and, if the spindle duration is more than 1 sec, HT as well...
- A granular description of ECG signalsAdam Gacek
Institute of Medical Technology and Equipment, Zabrze 41 800, Poland
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 53:1972-82. 2006..We discuss ways of using these vocabularies in the knowledge-based representation, modeling, and classification of ECG beats...
- A Bayesian framework for extracting human gait using strong prior knowledgeZiheng Zhou
Information Signals, Images, Systems Research Group, School of Electronics and Computer Science, University of Southampton, Highfield, UK
IEEE Trans Pattern Anal Mach Intell 28:1738-52. 2006..This is confirmed by comparing person identification by gait using our method and a well-established baseline recognition algorithm...
- Sequential characterization of atrial tachyarrhythmias based on ECG time-frequency analysisMartin Stridh
Department of Electroscience, Lund University, SE 221 00 Lund, Sweden
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 51:100-14. 2004..The results suggest that a rather strong correlation exist between atrial fibrillation frequency and f wave shape. The developed set of parameters may be used as a basis for automated classification of different atrial rhythms...
- EEG transient event detection and classification using association rulesThemis P Exarchos
Unit of Medical Technology and Intelligent Information Systems, Department of Computer Science, University of Ioannina, Greece
IEEE Trans Inf Technol Biomed 10:451-7. 2006..38%. The proposed approach combines high accuracy with the ability to provide interpretation for the decisions made, since it is based on a set of association rules...
- Spatial modeling and classification of corneal shapeKeith Marsolo
Department of Computer Science and Engineering, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
IEEE Trans Inf Technol Biomed 11:203-12. 2007..We find that the Zernike polynomials provide better feature representation than the pseudo-Zernikes and that the decision trees yield the best balance of classification accuracy and interpretability...
- Automatic Eye Disease Screening SystemPETER SOLIZ contact SOLIZ; Fiscal Year: 2010..The reduced cost of screening would lead to more reading centers and increased high-paying technical/medical jobs. ..
- Automated diabetic retinopathy screening systemPeter Soliz; Fiscal Year: 2009..There is an insufficient number of healthcare specialists to perform eye examinations for this population. Without computer-based screening, a broad-scale screening of the population will not be possible. ..
- Automated Eye Disease Screening SystemPETER SOLIZ SOLIZ; Fiscal Year: 2013..Second, by providing to the FDA, a system that is highly effective and sensitive to advanced disease, the issue of safety is essentially eliminated. ..
- UNRAVELING THE GI TRACT BY SPIRAL CTGe Wang; Fiscal Year: 2000..Since the GI tract is highly convoluted, the GI tract image unraveling system will eliminate visualization difficulties, enable quantitative analyses and provide a framework for computer-assisted diagnosis. ..
- DIGITAL X-RAY IMAGERS BASED ON HGI2 POLYCRYSTALLINE FILMJAN IWANCZYK; Fiscal Year: 2000..The proposed detectors will be highly attractive to this enormous commercial market segment due to the order of magnitude performance improvements that they will offer. ..
- Digital x-ray imaged based on Hgl2 polycrystalline filmsJAN IWANCZYK; Fiscal Year: 2002..The proposed detectors will be highly attractive to this enormous commercial market segment due to the order of magnitude performance improvements that they will offer. ..
- Early Detection of Lung Cancer via Bi Plane CorrelationEhsan Samei; Fiscal Year: 2002..The findings will be used to demonstrate the capability of the approach for improving the detection of lung nodules, and thus the prognosis of lung cancer. ..
- Low dose digital X-rays for mammographic screeningChristopher Vaughan; Fiscal Year: 2006..During the last 6 months of the project in phase 2, we will conduct a limited clinical trial of 20 patients, focusing on comfort, breast coverage and diagnostic equivalence. ..
- CLINICAL-RESEARCH SWALLOWING MOTILITY DIAGNOSTIC SYSTEMJames Brasseur; Fiscal Year: 1999..integration of several software systems, data collection devices, and imaging data into a system for computer assisted diagnosis of swallowing disorders, as further described by their abstract: "We continue the developments ..
- Bi-Plane Correlation Imaging: Detection of Lung CancerEhsan Samei; Fiscal Year: 2007..The findings will be used to substantiate the capability of BCI for improving the early detection of lung nodules and to optimize its performance on actual clinical cases. ..
- CAD FOR MAMMOGRAPHIC INTERPRETATION OF CALCIFICATIONSMaria Kallergi; Fiscal Year: 2000..Abstract): This proposal is directed at the development, application, and evaluation of a novel computer assisted diagnosis (CAD) method for the detection and classification of clustered calcifications from digitized mammograms...
- Assessing Penetrating Trauma Under UncertaintyOmolola Ogunyemi; Fiscal Year: 2004..We will also examine the system's performance in comparison to physicians at different stages of training, to assess its potential in providing educational value. ..
- Lung Image DatabaseCharles Meyer; Fiscal Year: 2006..These fields include computer assisted diagnosis (CAD) of cancer from mammograms and now applied to CT scans, detection of metastatic and primary cancer ..
- COMPUTER AIDED DIAGNOSIS IN CT OF THE THORAXSamuel Armato; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- COMPUTERIZED MAMMOGRAPHIC LESION DESCRIPTIONJohn Heine; Fiscal Year: 2002..mammographers to define the characteristics of mammographic masses and help in decisions to biopsy a mammographic lesion, but can also be applied to help enhance sensitivity through computer assisted diagnosis, and in educational tools.
- Computerized Analysis of Mesothelioma on CT ScansSamuel Armato; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Standard Database for CT Lung ImagesSamuel Armato; Fiscal Year: 2006..The ideas resented in this proposal are expected to stimulate the efforts of the Consortium toward that goal. ..
- Video Technologies for Neonatal SeizuresNICOLAOS KARAYIANNIS; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Computer-Aided Detection of Pulmonary Embolism on CT Pulmonary AngiographyChuan Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2007..CAD will potentially reduce missed PEs and improve the chance of timely treatment of patients, thus reducing the mortality rate and speed up recovery from this condition. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Interest of IKr-related Abnormalities of ECGs to Improve Drug-safety EvaluationJean Philippe Couderc; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Computer Aided Diagnosis of Lung CancerHeang Ping Chan; Fiscal Year: 2006..When fully developed and clinically implemented, a CAD system for lung nodules will increase the efficacy of lung cancer screening with helical CT, improve early detection, and improve the chance of survival of patients. ..
- Continuous Cardiac Output & Filling Pressure MonitoringRamakrishna Mukkamala; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ROC Analysis of Imaging System EvaluationsDavid Gur; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Assessment of Variance Structure in ROC StudiesDavid Gur; Fiscal Year: 2006..e., those that are the less demanding of the expensive resources of gathering patient cases and expanding radiologists reading time. ..
- Comparing Performance Under FROC Paradigm - A Non Parametirc ApproachDavid Gur; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- DEVELOPMENT OF TC-99M RENAL TUBULAR AGENTSAndrew Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Noninvasive Quantification of the Resistance BaroeflexRamakrishna Mukkamala; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Computer Adaptive Testing of Pediatric Self-care and Social FunctionStephen Haley; Fiscal Year: 2006..Many rehabilitation settings may also find this measure helpful in meeting accreditation and institutional requirements for standardizing outcome monitoring in groups of children. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Digital Mammography: Advanced Computer-Aided Breast Can*Heang Ping Chan; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- OBSERVER PERFORMANCE STUDIES-READER SELECTION & TRAININGDavid Gur; Fiscal Year: 2002..While they proposed to continue to investigate several aspects in this regard, the current proposal would focus on the possible effects of observer (reader) selection and training on study design and results. ..
- The Laboratory Effect in Breast Cancer Detection StudiesDavid Gur; Fiscal Year: 2007..The comparison we are attempting to do is at the very core of our ability (or not) to generalize laboratory observer performance data to the general clinical environment in a valid manner. ..
- Computer Adaptive Testing of Functional StatusStephen Haley; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Improved Tumor Resection in Image-Guided NeurosurgeryKELLY ZOU; Fiscal Year: 2005..The methodological development may also be applicable to other surgical applications. ..
- Decision Support Systems for MAG3 RenographyAndrew Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- ROC Analysis of Imaging System EvaluationsDavid Gur; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will develop closed-form solutions for the ANOVA procedure conducted on all possible bootstrap values. ..
- Computer Adaptive Testing of Post-Acute Care FunctioningStephen Haley; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- PREVALENCE EFFECT IN IMAGING SYSTEMS EVALUATIONSDavid Gur; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- FACTORS AFFECTING USE OF MEDICATION TO TREAT ALCOHOLISMTAMI MARK; Fiscal Year: 2001..We propose to collect this information through experts panels and a national survey of physicians specialized in treating substance abuse. ..
- Multimodality CAD system with image references for breast mass characterizationBerkman Sahiner; Fiscal Year: 2007..Any reduction in this number without a decrease in breast cancer detection sensitivity will decrease health care costs, as well as contribute to the well-being of the patient by reducing anxiety and morbidity. ..
- Cognitive Assessment of Elderly Primary Care Patients.Judith A Saxton; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will determine whether a brief Computer Assessment of MCI works as well as traditional neuropsychological testing. We will also investigate lifestyle and medical factors associated with instability in the MCI diagnosis. ..
- A Novel Implant-based Approach for Treating Retrognathic Hyperdivergent PatientsPeter Buschang; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CORTICAL ACTIVITY DURING INDIVIDUATED MOVEMENTMarc Schieber; Fiscal Year: 2002..Finally, we will map M1 repeatedly during motor skill learning to determine (Aim 4) whether any spatial segregation diminishes as the M1 territories that provide output to trained muscles progressively enlarge and increasingly overlap. ..
- Assessment of Lung function in MiceJason Bates; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Improving Radiologist Detection of Lung Nodules with CADGeoffrey Rubin; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Fatigue & Breast Cancer-A Behavioral Sleep InterventionAnn Berger; Fiscal Year: 2006..Statistical analyses include RM-ANOVA, generalized estimation equation methodology and multiple regression analysis. Results may inform development of clinical guidelines for fatigue management during adjuvant CT. ..
- SINGLE CHANNEL HYBRID FES GAIT SYSTEMWilliam Durfee; Fiscal Year: 2008..The proposed approach for FES-aided gait is new and may provide choices for a wider pool of people with SCI than current solutions. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Hypertension Telemanagement in African AmericansJoseph Finkelstein; Fiscal Year: 2008..Finally, we will perform cost-effectiveness analysis of the HAT intervention in the African American patients with hypertension. ..
- UNDERSTANDING VARIABILITY IN COMMUNITY MAMMOGRAPHYJoann Elmore; Fiscal Year: 2002..Gaining a better understanding of how individual radiologists and their practice environment account for variation will help identify ways to improve mammography. ..
- New ECG Criteria for Posterior Myocardial InfarctionShu Fen Wung; Fiscal Year: 2004..This study will aid in the detection and follow-up of patients with posterior myocardial infarction. ..
- Analysis & Control of Non-Synaptic Epileptiform ActivityDominique Durand; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of our studies should provide valuable insight into mechanisms underlying epileptogenesis as well as new tools for the control and suppression of epileptic seizures. ..
- Expired CO2/O2 Analysis to Diagnose Pulmonary EmbolismJEFFREY KLINE; Fiscal Year: 2008..This project will fund a clinical study designed to test the diagnostic accuracy of a hand- held breath device that detects the altered gas exchange physiology caused by PE in post-surgical and other patients at high risk for PE. ..
- Doppler Vascularity/Sonography--Breast Cancer DiagnosisChandra Sehgal; Fiscal Year: 2005..An integrated approach in which one mode represents tissue property and the other its function will result in a systematic and comprehensive diagnosis of breast cancers. ..
- PROTON MR SPECTROSCOPIC IMAGING OF EPILEPSYANDREW MAUDSLEY; Fiscal Year: 2005..The improved metabolite image reconstruction and regional pH measurement techniques also have potential clinical applications in other areas, such as cancer, stroke, and brain trauma. ..
- Mixed-Effects ZIP Models--Mental Health Service ResearchRobert Gibbons; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Improved EEG Spatial Resolution via the Normal E-fieldRobert Matthews; Fiscal Year: 2005..In addition, because the method operates off the body, it should lead to greater patient comfort and facilitate non-medical applications of brain signal measurement, such as alertness monitoring and cognitive state assessment. ..
- Developing Predictive Methods for Sudden Cardiac DeathKi Chon; Fiscal Year: 2002..It is intended that the algorithm will be applicable to other physiological systems and may become a widely accepted noninvasive clinical alternative. ..
- Mechanisms in Risk Taking: Disinhibitory Drugs of AbuseSCOTT LANE; Fiscal Year: 2006..Quantitative analyses of behavior patterns will be used to identify factors that may mediate this relationship. ..
- WORKING MEMORY IN OBSTRUCTIVE SLEEP APNEA-AN fMRI STUDYRobert Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- IMPLICIT AND EXPLICIT MEMORY FOR FACES IN SOCIAL PHOBIAMeredith Coles; Fiscal Year: 2002..Findings from this study will be utilized to inform existing models of the psychopathology underlying SP and explore possible refinements in existing treatment interventions. ..
- Novel RF Coils for In Vivo MR Applications at High FieldWei Chen; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Validity and Measurement Issues in Pathological GamblingRenee Cunningham Williams; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Development of Navigator Coronary MRIYi Wang; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- MR DIGITAL SUBTRACTION ANGIOGRAPHY OF LOWER EXTREMITYYi Wang; Fiscal Year: 2007..The accuracy of this improved peripheral MRA will be evaluated in a group of patients with peripheral vascular disease, using intraoperative x-ray angiography as the gold standard. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Imaging Lymphatic Clearance in Tumor MetastasisZaver Bhujwalla; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- PROBING FAST NEURONAL INTERACTION USING FUNCTIONAL MRIWei Chen; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- FUNCTIONAL MRI MAPPING OF HUMAN THALAMOCORTICAL NETWORKSWei Chen; Fiscal Year: 2003..This is vital to the understanding of human brain functions involving both sensory perception and higher cognitive processes at physiological and pathological conditions. ..
- DYNAMIC STUDY OF HUMAN BRAIN ACTIVITY WITH FMRI AND FMRSWei Chen; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- ELASTIC/PLASTIC HUMAN JOINT COMPLIANCESERGE ROY; Fiscal Year: 2004..The fourth task examines the postural aspects of the central commands and the relatively little studied aspects of how the CNS controls the transition from movement to posture. ..