Summary: Procedures carried out with regard to the teeth or tooth structures preparatory to specified dental therapeutic and surgical measures.
Publications232 found, 100 shown here
- Direct restoration of anterior teeth: review of the clinical technique and case presentationJames H Peyton
UCLA Center for Esthetic Dentistry, Los Angeles, California, USA
Pract Proced Aesthet Dent 14:203-10; quiz 212. 2002..This article presents a clinical technique that describes the incremental placement of direct resin veneers on a typodont and demonstrates the application of these procedures on an actual clinical case...
- Pit and fissure sealant: review of the literatureRichard J Simonsen
Arizona School of Dentistry and Oral Health, Mesa, USA
Pediatr Dent 24:393-414. 2002..pit and fissure sealants under the following subheadings: (1) laboratory studies, (2) clinical technique and tooth preparation, (3) etching time, (4) auxiliary application of pit and fissure sealant, (5) retention and caries prevention,..
- Direct adhesive restoration of anterior teeth: Part 2. Clinical protocolEdson Medeiros de Araujo
Department of Operative Dentistry, Federal University of Santa Catarina, Florianopolis, Santa Catarina, Brazil
Pract Proced Aesthet Dent 15:351-7; quiz 359. 2003..This second part discusses the clinical protocol for the placement of direct composite materials as well as the tooth preparation considerations that must be addressed when providing minimally invasive treatment options.
- Selection defines designDouglas A Terry
Department of Restorative Dentistry and Biomaterials, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, TX, USA
J Esthet Restor Dent 16:213-25; discussion 226. 2004....
- Evaluation of resin based and glass ionomer based sealants placed with or without tooth preparation-a two year clinical trialVineet Dhar
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Dental School, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD, USA
Pediatr Dent 34:46-50. 2012The purpose of this study was to compare the two year clinical performance of two fissure sealants, placed with and without tooth preparation.
- Influence of tooth preparation design on the stress distribution in maxillary central incisors restored by means of alumina porcelain veneers: a 3D-finite element analysisFernando Zarone
Dipartimento di Scienze Odontostomatologiche e Maxillo Facciali, Universita degli Studi di Napoli Federico II, Italy
Dent Mater 21:1178-88. 2005The present study aimed at providing 3D-FEA engineering tools for the understanding of the influence of tooth preparation design on the stress distribution and localization of critical sites in maxillary central incisors restored by ..
- The effectiveness of auxiliary features on a tooth preparation with inadequate resistance formPeriklis Proussaefs
Center for Prosthodontics and Implant Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Loma Linda University, Calif 92350, USA
J Prosthet Dent 91:33-41. 2004No study has evaluated the efficacy of auxiliary tooth preparation elements for crowns with originally reduced resistance form.
- The effects of tooth preparation cleansing protocols on the bond strength of self-adhesive resin luting cement to contaminated dentinYada Chaiyabutr
Department of Restorative Dentistry, University of Washington, Kois Center, Seattle, WA, USA
Oper Dent 33:556-63. 2008....
- Effect of fractured or sectioned fragments on the fracture strength of different reattachment techniquesAlessandro Dourado Loguercio
Dental Materials and Operative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of Oeste de Santa Catarina, Joacaba, SC, Brazil
Oper Dent 29:295-300. 2004..The resin composite buildup provided fracture strength recovery similar to intact teeth regardless the way fragments were obtained...
- Effect of finish line variants on marginal accuracy and fracture strength of ceramic optimized polymer/fiber-reinforced composite crownsLeeRa Cho
Department of Prosthodontics and Research Institute of Oral Science, College of Dentistry, Kangnung National University, Gangneung, Korea
J Prosthet Dent 91:554-60. 2004Ceramic optimized polymer (Ceromer)/fiber-reinforced composite (FRC) crowns have been promoted as alternatives to conventional crowns. However, little is known regarding the ideal tooth preparation for this type of crown.
- Re-attachment of anterior fractured teeth: fracture strength using different materialsAlessandra Reis
School of Dentistry, University of Oeste de Santa Catarina, Joacaba, Brazil
Oper Dent 27:621-7. 2002..9%) than the bonded only group (41.1%), and both were statistically lower than the resin composite build-up (103.2%). It was concluded that the material used to reattach the fragment is less important than the chosen technique...
- Effect of bur-cut dentin on bond strength using two all-in-one and one two-step adhesive systemsKaori Koase
Department of Oral Health Science, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Dental Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
J Adhes Dent 6:97-104. 2004..To compare the microtensile bond strength (MTBS) of two all-in-one adhesive systems and one experimental two-step self-etching adhesive system to two types of bur-cut dentin...
- Tooth splinting with fiber-reinforced composite materials: achieving predictable aestheticsGiorgio Rappelli
Department of Prosthodontics, University of Ancona, Istituto di Scienze Odontostomatologoche Via E Toti 4, 60123 Ancona, Italy
Pract Proced Aesthet Dent 14:495-500; quiz 501. 2002..This article describes a conservative tooth splinting procedure using polyethylene fibers as reinforcement for both direct and indirect restorations...
- In vitro fracture resistance of teeth with dentin-bonded ceramic crowns and core build-upsMark Lang
Glasgow Dental School, Scotland
Am J Dent 16:88A-96A. 2003..To assess the fracture strength of dentin-bonded crowns placed on cores of amalgam, resin composite and viscous glass-ionomer...
- In vivo study of the marginal integrity of composite resin buildups after full crown preparationStefan M Wegner
J Adhes Dent 6:151-5. 2004....
- Vertical marginal discrepancy of ceramic copings with different ceramic materials, finish lines, and luting agents: an in vitro evaluationAdriana Ferreira Quintas
University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Prosthet Dent 92:250-7. 2004..Prosthetic restorations that fit poorly may affect periodontal health and occlusion. Studies that have evaluated the accuracy of fit of ceramic restorations before and after cementation assessed primarily intracoronal restorations...
- Bond strength of simplified-step adhesives to enamel prepared with two different diamond bursF Sevgican
Department of Restorative Dentistry and Endodontics, School of Dentistry, Ege University, Bornova, Izmir, Turkey
Aust Dent J 49:141-5. 2004..However, little is known about the influence of different enamel surface textures. In this study the influence of grinding enamel on bond strength of two all-in-one and one two-step adhesives was investigated...
- Selecting nanotechnology-based composites using colorimetric and visual analysis for the restoration of anterior dentition: a case reportFrank J Milnar
Family, Cosmetic, and Restorative Dentistry, St Paul, MN, 55104, USA
J Esthet Restor Dent 16:89-100; discussion 101. 2004..This article presents a case in which both technologies, used in combination with a composite layering technique, contributed to the esthetic and functional restoration of the maxillary central incisors...
- Esthetic rehabilitation of anterior teeth affected by enamel hypoplasia: a case reportCarlos Jose Soares
State University of Campinas, Piracicaba Dental School, Brazil
J Esthet Restor Dent 14:340-8. 2002..The restoration treatment sequence is also discussed, demonstrating that the use of a hybrid and a microfilled composite associated with tooth hybridization (interdiffusing zone) can be used to conservatively rehabilitate a smile...
- Porcelain-veneered computer-generated partial crownsHarry W Denissen
CAD CAM Research, Department of Oral Function and Prosthetic Dentistry, Academic Center for Dentistry, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Quintessence Int 33:723-30. 2002..This case study reports the laboratory technique and the clinical performance of 38 partial crowns fabricated with computer technology and veneered with porcelain...
- Use of adhesively inserted full-ceramic restorations in the conservative treatment of amelogenesis imperfecta: a case reportDeniz Gemalmaz
Department of Prosthetic Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Marmara University, stanbul, Turkey
J Adhes Dent 5:235-42. 2003..This clinical report presents the use and short-term clinical performance of adhesively-inserted full-ceramic restorations in the restoration of a case of amelogenesis imperfecta...
- Direct placement alternatives for anterior, esthetic rehabilitationMichael J Melkers
Compend Contin Educ Dent 24:582-6, 588, 590-2. 2003
- Using opaquers under direct composite resin veneers: an illustrated review of the techniqueLuís Antônio Felippe
Department of Stomatology, Operative Dentistry Section, Federal University of Santa Catarina, Rua Lauro Linhares, 1075 Sala B, Trinidade, Florianopolis, Santa Catarina 88036 001, Brazil
J Esthet Restor Dent 15:327-36; discussion 337. 2003..Advantages, limitations, and the clinical technique are presented. Training, as well as attention to the technique, contributes to an acceptable result...
- Crowns cemented on crown preparations lacking geometric resistance form. Part II: effect of cementPeriklis Proussaefs
Graduate Program in Implant Dentistry, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, CA 92350, USA
J Prosthodont 13:36-41. 2004..This study evaluated the effect of different cements on resistance to dislodgment of crowns cemented on preparations lacking geometric resistance form...
- Conservative treatment of the worn dentition with adhesive composite resinHoward E Strassler
Department of Restorative Dentistry, University of Maryland Dental School, USA
Dent Today 23:79-80, 82-3; quiz 83. 2004
- The effectiveness of bonded composite restorations in the treatment of painful, cracked teeth: six-month clinical evaluationNiek J M Opdam
Department of Cariology and Endodontology, University of Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Oper Dent 28:327-33. 2003..Upon clinical examination, only 20 teeth (50%) were free of symptoms. No statistically significant difference between the results of the teeth treated with and without cuspal coverage could be shown (Fischer's exact test at p<0.05)...
- Bonded resin-based composite crown restoration of diminutive lateral incisorsTheodore P Croll
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Compend Contin Educ Dent 23:550-6, 558-9. 2002
- Contraction stress of composite resin build-up procedures for pulpless molarsToshifumi Kuroe
Section of Geriatric Stomatology, Department of Oral Health Science, Hokkaido University, Graduate School of Dental Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
J Adhes Dent 5:71-7. 2003..The purpose of this study was to photoelastically evaluate contraction stresses associated with various resin composite build-up procedures for pulpless molars...
- How direct bonding satisfies an esthetic needNorman L Feigenbaum
Nova Southeastern University, College of Dental Medicine, Ft Lauderdale, Florida, USA
Compend Contin Educ Dent 24:134-6, 138, 141-2 passim. 2003..This patient was no different. As a dentist, I have learned to give in to patients' demands. After all, it is their teeth...
- A multiphase approach to direct composite veneeringMartin B Goldstein
Dent Today 22:92-5. 2003
- Preparing anterior teeth for indirect restorationsPaul A Brunton
Unit of Integrated Restorative Care, University Dental Hospital of Manchester, Higher Cambridge Street, Manchester M15 6FH
Dent Update 31:131-6. 2004..This article considers the different types of preparation recommended for veneers and resin-bonded, all-ceramic and porcelain fused to metal crowns and gives an indication when each technique may be used...
- Shear bond strength and SEM evaluation of composite bonded to Er:YAG laser-prepared dentin and enamelWilliam J Dunn
Director of Research and Biomaterials, Wilford Hall Medical Center, 1615 Truemper Street, Lackland Air Force Base, TX 78236, USA
Dent Mater 21:616-24. 2005..The microstructure of resin-tooth interfaces was also investigated...
- Reattachment using a fragment from an extracted tooth to treat complicated coronal fractureFlavio Fernando Demarco
Department of Operative Dentistry, Federal University of Pelotas, Pelotas, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Dent Traumatol 24:257-61. 2008..The results show the feasibility of the conservative pulp therapy and the restorative approach...
- Effect of different bur grinding on the bond strength of self-etching adhesivesStefano Semeraro
Department of Prosthodontics, School of Dentistry, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Oper Dent 31:317-23. 2006..In conclusion, when cutting dentin, selecting the proper bur type is important for improving the bond strength of some self-etching adhesive systems...
- Fracture strength of tooth fragment reattachments with postpone bevel and overcontour reconstructionEdoardo Stellini
Department of Paediatric Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of Padua, Padua, Italy
Dent Traumatol 24:283-8. 2008..The technique of the circumferential chamfer produced results that were less favourable in terms of resistance against fracture...
- Has the 'total-etch' concept disappeared?Gordon J Christensen
CRA Foundation, Provo, UT 84604, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 137:817-20. 2006
- Evaluation of success in the reattachment of coronal fracturesYucel Yilmaz
Department of Pedodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Ataturk University, Erzurum, Turkey
Dent Traumatol 24:151-8. 2008..Both clinically and radiographically, no pathology was reported and all the restorations were successful. Moreover, the mean scores of parental-patient satisfaction were reported as 'satisfied, very-satisfied.'..
- The direct Class IV restoration: case reportRobert C Margeas
Department of Operative Dentistry, University of Iowa, USA
Dent Today 25:72, 74-5. 2006
- Effect of surface treatments and bonding agents on the bond strength of repaired compositesAndrea Nobrega Cavalcanti
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Piracicaba School of Dentistry, UNICAMP, Piracicaba, SP, Brazil
J Esthet Restor Dent 19:90-8; discussion 99. 2007..An adequate repair procedure depends on high bond strength between the existing composite and the new composite...
- [Posterior ceramic bonded partial restorations]Amélie Mainjot
Service de prothèse fixe, Université de Liege Institut de Dentisterie, policliniques L Brull 45, Quai G Kurth, 4020 Liege
Rev Belge Med Dent (1984) 61:77-95. 2006..With inlays and onlays they are also indicated in case of full arch or quadrant rehabilitations including several teeth. This article screens indications and realization of this type of restorations...
- Minimally invasive porcelain veneers: indications for a conservative esthetic dentistry treatment modalityHoward E Strassler
Department of Endodontics, Prosthodontics, and Operative Dentistry, Dental School, University of Maryland, Baltimore, USA
Gen Dent 55:686-94; quiz 695-6, 712. 2007..While conservation of tooth structure is important, so is selecting the right treatment modality for each patient based on clinical findings...
- Esthetic considerations when splinting with fiber-reinforced compositesHoward E Strassler
Department of Endodontics, Prosthodontics and Operative Dentistry, University of Maryland Dental School, 650 West Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Dent Clin North Am 51:507-24; xi. 2007..Careful planning in the diagnosis and treatment of the fiber splint is essential to allow for adequate tooth preparation to give the illusion of nonsplinted teeth...
- Fractured incisors: a judicious restorative approach--part 3G P M Brambilla
Int Dent J 57:195-204. 2007..To consider different conservative options in the literature to restore fractured anterior teeth...
- Treatment planning and smile design using composite resinRobert Marus
Pract Proced Aesthet Dent 18:235-41. 2006..Using a case presentation, this article will document the steps required to harmoniously integrate smile design, material selection, and patient communication that are involved in the provisional of aesthetic dental care...
- The Dahl principle: creating space and improving the biomechanical prognosis of anterior crownsBasil Mizrahi
Quintessence Int 37:245-51. 2006..This article describes the Dahl principle, a conservative method for controlling incisal guidance and gaining palatal space for restorative material. A case presentation is used to illustrate the concepts discussed...
- In vitro comparison of the fracture resistance and failure mode of fiber, ceramic, and conventional post systems at various stages of restorationC J Cormier
Virginia Commonwealth University, School of Dentistry, Dept. of Prosthodontics, Richmond, VA 23298-0566, USA
J Prosthodont 10:26-36. 2001..The fiber posts were readily retrievable after failure, whereas the remaining post systems tested were nonretrievable. J Prosthodont 2001;10:26-36...
- Using pressable ceramics to achieve orthodontic correctionGregg A Helvey
Medical College of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia, USA
Pract Proced Aesthet Dent 14:223-7. 2002
- Effect of handpiece maintenance method on bond strengthHoward W Roberts
Dental Graduate Biomaterials, Marquette University, Milwaukee WI, USA
Oper Dent 30:528-32. 2005..Results indicated that within each of the bonding agents, there were no significant differences in bond strength between the control group and the treatment groups regardless of the type of handpiece or use of routine lubrication...
- Bond angle effects on microtensile bonds: laboratory and FEA comparisonNelson R F A Silva
Department of Biomaterials and Biomimetics, Department of Prosthodontics, New York University, College of Dentistry, 345 East 24th Street, Room 804, New York City, NY 10010, USA
Dent Mater 22:314-24. 2006..To evaluate the effect of bond angle and adhesive layer thickness on stress levels within the adhesive joint utilizing FEA...
- Mastering minimal intervention and discretionary aesthetic procedures when placing direct compositesFrank J Milnar
Pract Proced Aesthet Dent 17:428-32. 2005
- Aesthetic tooth alignment using etched porcelain restorationsP A Tipton
St. Ann's Dental Education Centre, Manchester, United Kingdom
Pract Proced Aesthet Dent 13:551-5; quiz 556-8. 2001..While orthodontic treatment remains the standard for the majority of these cases, other modalities are required for patients who refuse it...
- Clinical long-term results with 617 Cerec veneers: a nine-year reportK Wiedhahn
International Society of Computerized Dentistry, Buchholz, Germany
Int J Comput Dent 8:233-46. 2005..CAD/CAM generated porcelain laminate veneers may provide equally good clinical results and longevity as conventional laboratory-processed porcelain laminate veneers...
- Effect of dentinal surface preparation on bond strength of self-etching adhesivesCynthia K Y Yiu
Faculty of Dentistry, The University of Hong Kong, Prince Philip Dental Hospital, 34 Hospital Road, Hong Kong SAR, China
J Adhes Dent 10:173-82. 2008..This study examined the effects of cutting dentin with different burs at various speeds on the microtensile bond strength (muTBS) of two self-etching adhesive systems...
- Effects of tooth preparation burs and luting cement types on the marginal fit of extracoronal restorationsMohamed F Ayad
Section of Restorative Dentistry, Prosthodontics, and Endodontics, College of Dentistry, University of Tanta, Egypt
J Prosthodont 18:145-51. 2009..of axial walls could contribute to precision of a cast restoration, it is unclear how the roughness of tooth preparation affects marginal fit of the restoration in clinical practice...
- Influence of tooth preparation taper and cement type on recementation strength of complete metal crownsMohamed F Ayad
Section of Restorative Dentistry, Prosthodontics, and Endodontics, College of Dentistry, University of Tanta, Tanta, Egypt
J Prosthet Dent 102:354-61. 2009..Clinical studies have shown that lack of retention is one of the major causes of fixed dental prosthesis failure...
- Clinical considerations of microleakageD H Pashley
Department of Oral Biology Physiology, School of Dentistry, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta
J Endod 16:70-7. 1990..The more dentin surface that is exposed during tooth preparation, the greater the potential for microleakage. Thicker dentin is less permeable than thin dentin...
- Immediate dentin sealing supports delayed restoration placementPascal Magne
Division of Primary Oral Health Care, University of Southern California, School of Dentistry, Los Angeles, CA 90089, USA
J Prosthet Dent 98:166-74. 2007..Dentin is sealed immediately following tooth preparation, prior to impression making...
- Fracture resistance of posterior metal-free polymer crownsP Rammelsberg
Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
J Prosthet Dent 84:303-8. 2000..Although the indication of polymers was extended to metal-free individual crowns, the influence of tooth preparation design and cementation methods on the stability of these artificial crowns remains unknown.
- Effect of two axial wall height preparations on the retentive properties of full crowns using three different cementsMarcio Guilherme Martins-Pinto
Department of Prosthodontics, School of Dentistry, Lutheran University of Brazil, Canoas, RS
Gen Dent 56:569-73; quiz 574-5, 591-2. 2008This study evaluated how different tooth preparation heights and luting cements affected the retention of metallic full crowns. Tooth preparations were made on 60 extracted maxillary premolars with occluso-cervical heights of 4.0 or 5...
- Utilization of stainless steel crowns by general dentists and pediatric dental specialists in IndianaJoan Kowolik
Department of Oral Facial Development, Indiana University School of Dentistry and Riley Hospital for Children, USA
J Indiana Dent Assoc 86:16-21. 2007..All dental schools in North America teach the value of using stainless steel crowns and the method of tooth preparation. We hypothesized that greater use of the stainless steel crowns would be made by specialists than by general ..
- Burs with guide pins for standardized tooth preparationK W Boening
Department of Prosthetic Dentistry, Medical Faculty, Carl Gustav Carus, Dresden University of Technology, Fetscherstrasse 74, D 01307 Dresden, Germany
Quintessence Int 32:191-7. 2001..The aim of this study was to develop and test self-limiting diamond burs to ease precise chamfer preparation and to fulfill the special requirements of computer-aided design/computer-aided manufacturing and all-ceramic restorations...
- A multidisciplinary approach to the functional and esthetic rehabilitation of amelogenesis imperfecta and open bite deformity: a case reportVanessa Gisler
Postgraduate Reconstructive Dentistry, Department of Prosthodontics, School of Dental Medicine, University of Bern, Switzerland
J Esthet Restor Dent 22:282-93. 2010..The tooth preparation techniques guaranteed minimally invasive treatment. The patient was affected very positively.
- Tooth structure removal associated with various preparation designs for anterior teethDaniel Edelhoff
Department of Prosthodontics, School of Dentistry, Medical Center, University of Aachen
J Prosthet Dent 87:503-9. 2002..However, no study has quantified the amount of tooth structure removed during these preparations...
- Expression of osteocalcin and Jun D in the early period during reactionary dentin formation after tooth preparation in rat molarsMasako Hirata
Department of Endodontology and Operative Dentistry, Kyushu University Graduate School of Dental Science, Fukuoka, 812 8582, Japan
Cell Tissue Res 319:455-65. 2005..in rats, the expression of osteocalcin and Jun D in the early stage of reactionary dentin formation after tooth preparation and the accompanying morphological changes...
- Dental burs--what bur for which application? A survey of dental schoolsS C Siegel
Department of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of Maryland, Baltimore 21201, USA
J Prosthodont 8:258-63. 1999..The purpose of this study was to survey North American dental schools regarding recommendations for rotary instrumentation for fixed prosthodontic and operative procedures at the predoctoral and postgraduate level...
- Stress distribution of inlay-anchored adhesive fixed partial dentures: a finite element analysis of the influence of restorative materials and abutment preparation designPascal Magne
Department of Prosthodontics, School of Dental Medicine, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
J Prosthet Dent 87:516-27. 2002..Little information about the adequate restorative material and tooth preparation design for inlay-anchored AFPDs is available to the clinician.
- The influence of cervical finish line, internal relief, and cement type on the cervical adaptation of metal crownsMarco Antonio Bottino
Department of Dental Materials and Prosthodontics, Sao Paulo State University, Sao Jose dos Campos, Brazil
Quintessence Int 38:e425-32. 2007....
- Optimizing preparation design for metal-free composite resin crownsBrigitte Ohlmann
Department of Prosthodontics, University of Heidelberg Heidelberg, Germany
J Prosthet Dent 100:211-9. 2008..Although composite resin materials are used for posterior crown restorations, the influence of preparation design, material thickness, convergence angle, and method of cementation on fracture resistance remains unclear...
- Four-year clinical performance of a lithia disilicate-based core ceramic for posterior fixed partial denturesJosephine F Esquivel-Upshaw
Department of Prosthodontics, University of Florida College of Dentistry, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
Int J Prosthodont 21:155-60. 2008....
- The effect of preparation height and luting agent on the resistance form of cemented cast crowns under load fatigueElvin W J Leong
Faculty of Dentistry, National University of Singapore, Singapore
J Prosthet Dent 102:155-64. 2009..There is little information on the fatigue performance of complete coverage restorations on natural tooth preparations cemented with different luting cements...
- Marginal and internal fit of metal-ceramic crowns fabricated with a new laser melting technologyKatrin Quante
Department of Prosthodontics, Propaedeutics and Dental Materials, Dental School, Christian Albrechts University at Kiel, Germany
Dent Mater 24:1311-5. 2008....
- Microleakage of different cementation techniques in Class V ceramic inlaysA N Ozturk
Department of Prosthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Selcuk University, Konya, Turkey
J Oral Rehabil 31:1192-6. 2004..In the first group, dentine bonding agent (DBA) (Clearfil Liner Bond 2V) was applied immediately after the tooth preparation (D-DBA). In the second group, DBA was applied to the prepared cavities while luting ceramic inlays (I-DBA)...
- Does exposure to a procedural video enhance preclinical dental student performance in fixed prosthodontics?Cecilia E Aragon
Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry, Division of Restorative Dentistry, University of Western Ontario, Dental Science Building, London, ON, Canada
J Dent Educ 72:67-71. 2008..preparations, an instructional video depicting the step-by-step procedures involved in an all-ceramic tooth preparation and provisional crown fabrication (practical exam 1, PE1) was created...
- Pulpal temperature increases with Er:YAG laser and high-speed handpiecesBruno Neves Cavalcanti
School of Dentistry, Sao Paulo State University UNESP, Brazil
J Prosthet Dent 90:447-51. 2003During tooth preparation, both high-speed handpieces and lasers generate heat, which, if not controlled, can cause pulpal necrosis.
- Bonding porcelain laminate veneer provisional restorations: An experimental studyH Dumfahrt
School of Medicine, University of Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
J Prosthet Dent 82:281-5. 1999Minimal tooth preparation is required for porcelain laminate veneers, but an interim restoration is anticipated by patients to protect their teeth against thermal insult, chemical irritation, and to provide esthetics...
- Quantification of all-ceramic crown margin surface profile from try-in to 1-week post-cementationMelissa L Good
Health and Healthcare Research Group, School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen s University Belfast, Grosvenor Rd, Belfast BT12 6BP, UK
J Dent 37:65-75. 2009..Paul, MN, USA), self-adhesive dual-cured resin (SADC, RelyX Unicem, 3M ESPE), light-cured resin (LC, RelyX Veneer, 3M ESPE) or chemically cured resin-modified glass ionomer (RMGI, RelyX Luting Plus, 3M ESPE) luting cement...
- In vitro assessment of temperature change in the pulp chamber during cavity preparationBora Ozturk
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Selcuk, Konya, Turkey
J Prosthet Dent 91:436-40. 2004b>Tooth preparation with a high-speed handpiece may cause thermal harm to the dental pulp.
- Tooth structure loss apical to preparations for fixed partial dentures when using self-limiting bursM H Ramp
Department of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of Alabama at Birmingham 35294 0007, USA
J Prosthet Dent 79:491-4. 1998Burs with guide pins may be used to limit the depth of tooth preparation for fixed partial dentures...
- Effect of proximal wall height on all-ceramic crown core stress distribution: a finite element analysis studyPaulo G Coelho
Department of Biomaterials and Biomimetics, New York University College of Dentistry, 345 24th Street, Room 804s, New York, NY 10010, USA
Int J Prosthodont 22:78-86. 2009....
- Combining traditional and adhesive dentistry to reconstruct the excessively worn dentitionBasil Mizrahi
UCL Eastman Dental Institute, London
Eur J Esthet Dent 3:270-89. 2008..has changed the face of traditional dentistry and has the potential to improve esthetics and reduce tooth preparation. However, the materials and techniques used in adhesive dentistry are generally more technique sensitive ..
- [Cavity preparation using an Er:YAG laser in the adult dentition]K Delme
Service de Dentisterie Opératoire et d Endodontie Université de Liège, Quai Godfroid Kurth, 45 4020, Liege
Rev Belge Med Dent (1984) 64:71-80. 2009..Erbium laser tooth preparation is now one of the options in the minimal invasive approach...
- Training in tooth preparation utilizing a support systemM Nishida
Division of Oromaxillofacial Regeneration, Osaka University Graduate School of Dentistry, Suita, Osaka, Japan
J Oral Rehabil 31:149-54. 2004b>Tooth preparation is an essential technique for dental treatment, but it is a skill not easily learned by a dental student...
- Dentin exposure in tooth preparations for porcelain veneers: a pilot studyGeorge P Cherukara
Centre for Adult Oral Health, Queen Mary s School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, UK
J Prosthet Dent 94:414-20. 2005..In addition, it is not known which technique is most conservative of enamel...
- Crown pull-off test (crown retention test) to evaluate the bonding effectiveness of luting agentsS D Heintze
R and D, Ivoclar Vivadent AG, Bendererstrasse 2, FL 9494 Schaan, Liechtenstein
Dent Mater 26:193-206. 2010....
- Marginal seal of sealant and compomer materials with and without enameloplastyF S Salama
Department of Preventive Dental Science, College of Dentistry, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Int J Paediatr Dent 12:39-46. 2002..SAMPLE AND DESIGN: Thirty extracted sound human permanent third molar teeth were divided into six groups of five and used in this in vitro study...
- Effect of ultrasonic versus manual cementation on the fracture strength of resin composite laminatesM Ozcan
University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Department of Dentistry and Dental Hygiene, Clinical Dental Biomaterials, Groningen, The Netherlands
Oper Dent 34:437-42. 2009..standard thickness of laminates in original tooth form was achieved using the impression molds made prior to tooth preparation. A three-step bonding procedure and dual polymerized resin composite cement (Panavia F 2.0) was employed...
- Biomechanical evaluation of an anatomically correct all-ceramic tooth-crown system configuration: core layer multivariate analysis incorporating clinically relevant variablesBrian T Rafferty
Department of Biomaterials and Biomimetics, New York University, New York, NY 10010, USA
J Biomech Eng 132:051001. 2010..A 3D CAD model of a mandibular first molar crown was generated; tooth preparation was modeled by reducing the proximal walls by 1.5 mm and the occlusal surface by 2.0 mm...
- Thermal/mechanical simulation and laboratory fatigue testing of an alternative yttria tetragonal zirconia polycrystal core-veneer all-ceramic layered crown designEstevam A Bonfante
Department of Prosthodontics, Integrated Center for Research Bauru School of Dentistry, University of Sao Paulo, Bauru, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Eur J Oral Sci 118:202-9. 2010..The dimensions of a mandibular first molar were imported into computer-aided design (CAD) software and a tooth preparation was modeled. A crown was designed using the space between the original tooth and the prepared tooth...
- Fracture resistance of lithium disilicate-, alumina-, and zirconia-based three-unit fixed partial dentures: a laboratory studyJ Tinschert
Department of Prosthodontics, University of Aachen, Pauwelsstrasse 30, D 52074 Aachen, Germany
Int J Prosthodont 14:231-8. 2001..The purpose of this study was to determine the fracture resistance of three-unit fixed partial dentures (FPD) made of new core ceramics...
- Comparison of the pain levels of computer-controlled and conventional anesthesia techniques in prosthodontic treatmentMurat Yenisey
Department of Prosthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Ondokuz Mayys University, Samsun, Turkey
J Appl Oral Sci 17:414-20. 2009..levels on opposite sides of the maxilla at needle insertion during delivery of local anesthetic solution and tooth preparation for both conventional and anterior middle superior alveolar (AMSA) technique with the Wand computer-..
- An in vitro study of dentin exposure during resin-bonded fixed partial denture preparationGurdev S Bassi
Division of Restorative Dentistry, Leeds Dental Institute, Leeds, England
Quintessence Int 35:541-8. 2004The aim of this in vitro study was to investigate whether dentin is exposed during tooth preparation for resin-bonded fixed partial dentures and, if so, to quantify the amount of dentin exposure.
- Minimal preparation designs for single posterior indirect prostheses with the use of the Cerec systemE A Tsitrou
Department of Adult Dental Care, School of Clinical Dentistry, University of Sheffield, UK
Int J Comput Dent 11:227-40. 2008..However, when it comes to indirect restorations traditional tooth preparation designs are still advised by most manufacturers...
- Peer-group assessment of pre-clinical operative skills in restorative dentistry and comparison with experienced assessorsJ D Satterthwaite
The University of Manchester, School of Dentistry, Manchester, UK
Eur J Dent Educ 12:99-102. 2008..The null hypothesis was that no differences in grades would exist between the examiners...
- Modified Y-TZP core design improves all-ceramic crown reliabilityN R F A Silva
Department of Prosthodontics, New York University College of Dentistry, 345 24th St, 804S, New York, NY 10010, USA
J Dent Res 90:104-8. 2011..We modeled a tooth preparation by reducing the height of proximal walls by 1.5 mm and the occlusal surface by 2.0 mm...
- Staining potential of calcium hydroxide and monochlorophenol following removal of AH26 root canal sealerAli Cemal Tinaz
Department of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics of Faculty of Dentistry at University of Gazi in Ankara, Turkey
J Contemp Dent Pract 9:56-63. 2008..The focus of this study was to examine the staining potential of calcium hydroxide (Ca(OH)2) on tooth structure following the removal of AH26 root canal sealer...
- Survival of Dicor glass-ceramic dental restorations over 14 years. Part II: effect of thickness of Dicor material and design of tooth preparationK A Malament
Tufts University School of Dental Medicine and Forsyth Dental Center, Boston, Mass, USA
J Prosthet Dent 81:662-7. 1999..The influence of different restorative design features on the long-term survival of Dicor glass-ceramic restorations is not well understood...
- 1-year clinical evaluation of Compoglass and Fuji II LC in cervical erosion/abfraction lesionsW W Brackett
Department of Adult Restorative Dentistry, College of Dentistry, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Lincoln 68583 0750, USA
Am J Dent 12:119-22. 1999..This study was undertaken to compare the clinical performance of a polyacid-modified resin-based composite and a resin-modified glass-ionomer restorative material over 1 year...
- A nine-year clinical case study of a resin-bonded fixed partial denture seated on the maxillary anterior teethNaomi Tanoue
Division of General Dentistry, Nagasaki University Hospital, 1 7 1, Sakamoto, Nagasaki 852 8501, Japan
J Prosthodont Res 54:143-6. 2010..This denture was seated on the maxillary anterior teeth with minimal tooth preparation. The RBFPD was cast from a silver-palladium alloy (Castwell M.C...
- Survival rates of resin-bonded, glass fiber-reinforced composite fixed partial dentures with a mean follow-up of 42 months: a pilot studyPekka K Vallittu
Department of Prosthetic Dentistry and Biomaterials Research, Institute of Dentistry, University of Turku, Finland
J Prosthet Dent 91:241-6. 2004..Although short-term clinical data exist for resin-bonded, glass fiber-reinforced composite fixed partial dentures (FPDs), long-term data are needed...
- Different methods of finishing and polishing enamelEunice Teresinha Giampaolo
Department of Removable Prosthodontics, Araraquara Dental School, Sao Paulo State University UNESP, Araraquara, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Prosthet Dent 89:135-40. 2003..There is little evidence to support the assumption that this tooth modification will provide accurate adaptation of the framework and prevent build-up of plaque...
- Spectrophotometric analysis of tooth color reproduction on anterior all-ceramic crowns: Part 2: color reproduction and its transfer from in vitro to in vivoAki Yoshida
Gnathos Dental Studio, Weston, MA, USA
J Esthet Restor Dent 22:53-63. 2010..laboratory technician to accurately communicate important information to one another about the shade of the tooth preparation, the shade of the contralateral target tooth, and the influence of luting cement on the final restoration, ..
- Evaluation of Fiber Biomaterials for Oral ImplantologyMartin Freilich; Fiscal Year: 2005..The primary comparison between these prosthesis designs will be the incidence of Outcomes Requiring Intervention (failure of prosthesis or non-failures requiring intervention) observed over three years of recall examination. ..
- Mechinable Ceramics:Optimizing Performance/PropertiesE Rekow; Fiscal Year: 2006..culminating in a robust model for predicting clinical behavior of combinations of new materials, tooth preparation design, and crown design...
- SOL-GEL DERIVED CONTINUOUS DUAL MATRIX COMPOSITESRobert Seghi; Fiscal Year: 1991..employed a high speed milling processes to natural teeth for well over 50 years in the form of restorative tooth preparation. The application of the milling process to natural teeth has enjoyed good clinical success and is not ..
- Computer-based Dental Simulation System with HapticsWilliam Brown; Fiscal Year: 2003..Additionally, the system will provide a number of Dental instruments for tooth preparation and shaping...
- Osteoporosis and Bone Augmentation/Implant Outcomes: An Observational StudyMartin A Freilich; Fiscal Year: 2010..This application represents an important step in this ongoing research initiative. ..