Summary: A denture replacing all natural teeth and associated structures in both the maxilla and mandible.
Publications244 found, 100 shown here
- Creating complete dentures that are stable in functionBrendan J J Scott
Unit of Restorative Dental Care and Clinical Dental Sciences, Dundee Dental Hospital and School, Park Place, Dundee DD1 4HN
Dent Update 35:259-62, 265-7. 2008..In this paper, the ways in which design features may impact on the stability of complete dentures will be discussed...
- Isolation of Candida species from the oral cavity and fingertips of complete denture wearersA M Darwazeh
Oral Medicine and Pathology, Faculty of Dentistry, Jordan University of Science and Technology, Irbid, Jordan
J Prosthet Dent 86:420-3. 2001..Candida species usually colonize in the oral cavity of denture wearers and may also colonize on their fingers because of frequent manual manipulation of the dentures...
- A transcultural perspective on the emotional effect of tooth loss in complete denture wearersB J Scott
Unit of Clinical Dental Sciences, Dental School, University of Dundee, Scotland
Int J Prosthodont 14:461-5. 2001..However, this group was much less inhibited by denture wearing. The differences observed in the Hong Kong Chinese are most likely due to different cultural values and expectations associated with these aspects of daily living...
- A review of the functional and psychosocial outcomes of edentulousness treated with complete replacement denturesPatrick Finbarr Allen
Department of Restorative Dentistry, University Dental School and Hospital, Wilton, Cork, Ireland
J Can Dent Assoc 69:662. 2003..However, the outcome of complete denture therapy is variable, and relies on patient factors, as well as the skill of the clinician and laboratory ..
- The use of dental implants to improve quality of life for edentulous patientsDonald A Curtis
Department of Preventive and Restorative Dental Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, School of Dentistry, 94143, USA
J Calif Dent Assoc 36:275-80. 2008..The authors' purpose is to sensitize the reader to the functional deficit in the completely edentulous patient and how restorative approaches with implants can improve patient reports of function and quality of life...
- Current concepts and techniques in complete denture final impression proceduresVicki C Petropoulos
Department of Restorative Dentistry, University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104 600, USA
J Prosthodont 12:280-7. 2003..S. dental schools was conducted to determine which concepts, techniques and materials are currently prevalent in the teaching of final impression procedures for complete dentures in the predoctoral clinical curriculum...
- A six-month assessment of oral health-related quality of life of complete denture wearers using denture adhesive: a pilot studyEmmanuel Nicolas
CHU Clermont Ferrand, Service d Odontologie, Hotel Dieu, F 63000 Clermont Ferrand, France
J Prosthodont 19:443-8. 2010Edentulism and conventional complete denture treatment have been shown to have a negative impact on oral health quality of life (OHQoL). The use of an adhesive agent can provide an alternative to implant-supported prostheses...
- A survey of U.S. prosthodontists and dental schools on the current materials and methods for final impressions for complete denture prosthodonticsCynthia S Petrie
Department of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of Missouri Kansas City, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
J Prosthodont 14:253-62. 2005..American College of Prosthodontists (ACP) to evaluate current materials and methods for final impressions for complete denture prosthodontics in the United States...
- Treating the modern complete denture patient: a review of the literatureJohn R Ivanhoe
School of Dentistry, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
J Prosthet Dent 88:631-5. 2002..An effort was made to incorporate recent recommendations where appropriate...
- In vitro and clinical evaluation of specific dentifrices for complete denture hygieneHeitor Panzeri
Department of Dental Materials and Prosthodontics, Ribeirao Preto School of Dentistry, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, Brazil
Gerodontology 26:26-33. 2009To study the physical properties of two experimental dentifrices for complete denture hygiene, their effect on denture biofilm removal and antimicrobial properties by means of a clinical trial.
- Complete denture wearers: electromyography of mastication and texture perception whilst eating meatJ L Veyrune
Laboratoire de Physiologie Oro Faciale, Clermont Ferrand, France
Eur J Oral Sci 108:83-92. 2000..The masticatory pattern of complete denture wearers was less adapted to each sample texture than was that of the control group...
- Identification of complete denture problems: a summaryJ F McCord
Unit of Prosthodontics, University Dental Hospital of Manchester, UK
Br Dent J 189:128-34. 2000In this section, guidelines to the diagnosis of complete denture problems are presented in tabular form. Suggestions to the management of these problems are listed.
- Assessment of changes in oral health-related quality of life among patients with complete denture before and 1 month post-insertion using Geriatric Oral Health Assessment IndexKamal Shigli
Department of Prosthodontics, Modern Dental College and Research Centre, Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India
Gerodontology 27:167-73. 2010..Geriatric Oral Health Assessment Index (GOHAI) is a 12-item measure of "patient-reported oral functional problems" intended for use in the assessment of the effectiveness of dental treatment...
- Evaluation of the utility of cephalometric parameters in constructing complete denture. Part I: placement of posterior teethF Bassi
Department of Prosthodontics, Dental School, University of Turin, Corso Dogliotti 14, 10126 Turin, Italy
J Oral Rehabil 28:234-8. 2001Various types of parameters, including cephalometric ones, have been used in the construction of complete denture. This study aimed to evaluate the utility of cephalometric parameters for this purpose...
- Prognostic indicators for conventional complete denture therapy: a review of the literatureSimon B Critchlow
Department of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dental Sciences, Framlington Place, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 2AH, UK
J Dent 38:2-9. 2010To review the current literature on prognostic indicators for conventional complete denture therapy.
- Association between oral stereognostic ability and masticatory performance in aged complete denture wearersKazunori Ikebe
Division of Oromaxillofacial Regeneration, Osaka University Graduate School of Dentistry, 1 8 Yamadaoka Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Int J Prosthodont 20:245-50. 2007..The purpose of this study was to examine the oral sensory ability of aged edentulous patients in relation to masticatory performance...
- Evaluation of the utility of cephalometric parameters in constructing complete denture. Part II: placement of anterior teethF Bassi
Dental School, Department of Prosthodontics, University of Turin, Corso Dogliotti 14, 10126 Turin, Italy
J Oral Rehabil 28:349-53. 2001Various types of parameters, including cephalometric ones, have been used in the construction of complete denture. This study aimed to evaluate the utility of cephalometric parameters for this purpose...
- Kinesiographic study of complete denture movement related to mucosa displacement in edentulous patientsMarco Antonio Compagnoni
Department of Dental Materials and Prosthodontics, Araraquara Dental School, Sao Paulo State University
Pesqui Odontol Bras 17:356-61. 2003..The aim of this study was to analyze the pattern of upper complete denture movement related to underlying mucosa displacement...
- Comparison of oral sensory function in complete denture and implant-supported prosthesis wearersK S Jang
Department of Prosthodontics, Zesaeng Dental Hospital, Daejin University, Kyunggi Do, South KoreaDepartment of Prosthodontics, College of Dentistry, Seoul National University, Seoul, South Korea
J Oral Rehabil 28:220-5. 2001In order to compare the differences of part of the oral sensory functions among natural dentition, complete denture wearers and implant-supported prostheses wearers, tactile and pressure awareness was measured...
- Current trends in complete denture teaching in British dental schoolsR K F Clark
King s College London Dental Institute, Floor 25, Guy s Tower, Guy s Hospital, St Thomas Street, London, SE1 9RT
Br Dent J 208:E10; discussion 214-5. 2010..interim report on undergraduate dental education the aim was to investigate current trends in teaching of complete denture construction to undergraduates in the twelve long established dental schools and to gather the opinions of ..
- Evaluations of masticatory performance of complete denture wearers using color-changeable chewing gum and other evaluating methodsYasutaka Ishikawa
Department of Masticatory Function Rehabilitation, Division of Oral Health Sciences, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
J Med Dent Sci 54:65-70. 2007..chewing gum comparing to other methods while evaluating post-insertion changes of masticatory performance of complete denture wearers...
- The role of complete denture principles in implant prosthodonticsSteven J Sadowsky
University of Southern California School of Dentistry, USA
J Calif Dent Assoc 31:905-9. 2003..time, there has been a concomitant reduction in curriculum time devoted to clinical and technical aspects of complete denture construction...
- The future of teaching of complete denture construction to undergraduatesR K F Clark
GKT Dental Institute
Br Dent J 193:13-4. 2002For some time there has been a need to discuss the undergraduate complete denture curriculum in the light of the inception of the specialist lists and the impending introduction of clinical dental technicians to ensure that general dental ..
- Fabrication of a sectional impression tray and sectional complete denture for a patient with microstomia and trismus: a clinical reportCenk Cura
Ege University, Izmir, Turkey
J Prosthet Dent 89:540-3. 2003..describes techniques used to fabricate mandibular and maxillary sectional trays and a folding maxillary complete denture for a patient with limited oral opening caused by scleroderma...
- The continuing reduction of the residual alveolar ridges in complete denture wearers: a mixed-longitudinal study covering 25 years. 1972Antje Tallgren
J Prosthet Dent 89:427-35. 2003
- Construction faults associated with complete denture wearers' complaintsLija Laurina
Department of Prosthodontics, Institute of Stomatology, 20 Dzirciema str, Riga LV 1007, Latvia
Stomatologija 8:61-4. 2006..CONCLUSION. This study suggests that in most instances, complete denture patients present with complaints only when there is real design fault...
- Hyposalivation, xerostomia and the complete denture: a systematic reviewMichael Turner
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, College of Dentistry, New York University, 421 First Avenue, New York, NY 10010, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 139:146-50. 2008..To determine the treatment effects of hyposalivation on denture retention, the authors conducted a systematic review of the literature...
- A retrospective comparison of two definitive impression techniques and their associated postinsertion adjustments in complete denture prosthodonticsCarl J Drago
Department of Dental Specialists, Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center, 1836 South Avenue, LaCrosse, WI 45601, USA
J Prosthodont 12:192-7. 2003....
- A simplified method to reduce prosthetic misfit for a screw-retained, implant-supported complete denture using a luting technique and laser weldingSalvatore Longoni
S Apollonia Dental Center, Lazzate, Milano, Italy
J Prosthet Dent 91:595-8. 2004..An efficient and standardized technique is proposed. A definitive screw-retained, implant-supported complete denture was fabricated for an immediately loaded provisional screw-retained implant-supported complete denture...
- Differential diagnosis of denture-induced stomatitis, Candida, and their variations in patients using complete denture: a clinical and mycological studySaadettin Dagistan
Department of Radiology, Faculty of Dentistry, Ataturk University, Erzurum, Turkey
Mycoses 52:266-71. 2009..In conclusion, this study showed that candidal infections are not the predisposing factor in the occurrence of denture-induced stomatitis, but they play a major role, as also some other factors, especially those related with dentures...
- [Biofilm disclosing agents in complete denture: clinical and antimicrobial evaluation]Cláudia Helena Lovato da Silva
Departamento de Materiais Dentarios e Protese, Faculdade de Odontologia de Ribeirao Preto, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Brasil
Pesqui Odontol Bras 16:270-5. 2002....
- The influence of the occlusal vertical dimension on masticatory muscle activities and hyoid bone position in complete denture wearersT Sierpinska
Department of Prosthodontics, Medical University of Bialystok, Bialystok, Poland
Adv Med Sci 54:104-8. 2009..The aim of this study was to investigate how changes in vertical dimension during denture exchange affect muscular activity and hyoid bone position...
- [Relationships between masticatory performance and nutritional state in complete denture wearers]E B Mbodj
Dpt d Odontologie, Faculté de Médecine de Dakar, Senegal
Odontostomatol Trop 31:20-6. 2008..The aim of the present study was to further investigate the relationships between masticatory performance and nutritional state in complete denture wearers.
- Comparison between complete denture and implant-retained overdenture: effect of different mucosa thickness and resiliency on stress distributionWirley Gonçalves Assunção
UNESP Sao Paulo State University, Araçatuba Dental School, Department of Dental Materials and Prosthodontics, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Gerodontology 26:273-81. 2009..The effect of different mucosa characteristics on stress distribution of complete dentures and overdentures remains unknown...
- Assessing expressed need and satisfaction in complete denture wearersG A McNaugher
Armagh and Dungannon Health and Social Services Trust, Belfast
Gerodontology 18:51-7. 2001..All participants were subjected to an oral examination. RESULTS: The results showed that complete denture wearers compared had greater experience of difficulties associated with oral health and psychological ..
- Oral manifestations of diabetes mellitus in complete denture wearersDanielle Cristina de Lima
J Prosthet Dent 99:60-5. 2008..The oral mucosa has been reported to show a variety of changes in subjects with diabetes mellitus...
- Association between the accuracy of intermaxillary relations and complete denture usageM R Fenlon
Guy s King s College, St Thomas Hosptials Dental Institute, King s College, London, Great Britain
J Prosthet Dent 81:520-5. 1999Previous studies have investigated possible associations between the accuracy of intermaxillary relations and complete denture usage with variable results.
- Complete denture prosthodontics in children with ectodermal dysplasia: review of principles and techniquesAvinash S Bidra
Department of Prosthodontics, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas, USA
Compend Contin Educ Dent 31:426-33; quiz 434, 444. 2010..However, few articles have exclusively addressed the principles of complete denture prosthodontics in these individuals...
- Validation of video versus electromyography for chewing evaluation of the elderly wearing a complete dentureE Nicolas
CHU Clermont Ferrand, Service d Odontologie and Univ Clermont 1, Clermont Ferrand, France
J Oral Rehabil 34:566-71. 2007Chewing efficiency may affect nutritional status in the elderly. Many elderly patients are complete denture wearers, and often present cognitive problems...
- Oral environmental factors affecting number of microbes in saliva of complete denture wearersM Ryu
Oral Health Science Center, Tokyo Dental College, Chiba, Japan
J Oral Rehabil 37:194-201. 2010..We conclude that salivary flow rate, in particular, affects number of salivary microbes in an edentulous environment...
- Comparison of patients' views and dentists' evaluations 5 years after complete denture treatmentW Kalk
Department of Oral Function and Prosthetic Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of Nijmegan, The Netherlands
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 19:213-6. 1991..describes a comparison of patients' views of their dentures and dentists' technical evaluations 5 yr after complete denture treatment...
- Kinesiographic study of deglutition in dentate individuals and complete denture wearersKarina Buainain Freitas de Sadalla
Faculdade de Odontologia, Universidade Estadual Paulista UNESP Campus de Araraquara, Rua Humaita, Brazil
Cranio 25:37-41. 2007..The aim of this study was to perform a quantitative evaluation, in naturally dentate subjects and complete denture wearers, of three measurements associated with the mandibular position during the act of swallowing water: 1...
- Comparison between balanced occlusion and canine guidance in complete denture wearers--a clinical, randomized trialIngrid Peroz
Humboldt University of Berlin, Dental School, Department of Dental Prosthetics and Oral Gerontology, Berlin, Germany
Quintessence Int 34:607-12. 2003..Two occlusal concepts exist for the setup of complete dentures: canine guidance and balanced occlusion. These two schemes were studied in a randomized clinical trial of 22 patients...
- Long-term survival and success of oral implants in the treatment of full and partial arches: a 7-year prospective study with the ITI dental implant systemEugenio Romeo
Department of Prosthodontics, Dental Clinic, School of Dentistry, University of Milan, Via Beldiletto 1 3, 20142 Milano, Italy
Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 19:247-59. 2004..This study evaluated the long-term survival and success of different implant-supported prostheses supported by ITI implants...
- Obtaining maxillomandibular records and definitive impressions in a single visit for a completely edentulous patient with a history of combination syndromeTony Daher
Department of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Loma Linda University, School of Dentistry, Loma Linda, Calif, USA
J Prosthet Dent 99:489-91. 2008....
- Conventional rehabilitation of edentulous patients: the impact on oral health-related quality of life and patient satisfactionJanice S Ellis
School of Dental Sciences, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
J Prosthodont 16:37-42. 2007..This study examined patient satisfaction and oral health-related impacts on the quality of life of patients restored with complete conventional or duplicate dentures...
- Functional impression and jaw registration: a single session procedure for the construction of complete denturesK H Utz
Department of Prosthetic Dentistry, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
J Oral Rehabil 31:554-61. 2004..This method allows a first try-in of the full set-up in the third clinical visit without loosing precision...
- Investigation of new complete denture quality and patients' satisfaction with and use of dentures after two yearsMichael Robert Fenlon
Department of Prosthodontics, GKT Dental Institute, King s College London, Guy s Hospital, Floor 20, London SE1 9RT, UK
J Dent 32:327-33. 2004..To investigate if clinical quality of new complete dentures predicts patient satisfaction with and usage of those dentures two years after insertion in the same way that it did initially and three months after insertion...
- Fabricating sectional-collapsible complete dentures for an edentulous patient with microstomia induced by sclerodermaIdil Dikbas
Department oft Prosthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Yeditepe University, Istanbul, Turkey
Quintessence Int 38:15-22. 2007..With the use of palatal midline hinge and stud attachments, the sectional dentures were successfully and easily inserted and removed...
- Patient ratings of chewing ability from a randomised crossover trial: lingualised vs. first premolar/canine-guided occlusion for complete denturesGuido Heydecke
Department of Prosthodontics, School of Dentistry, University Hospital, Freiburg, Germany
Gerodontology 24:77-86. 2007..Complex procedures involving a facebow transfer and the use of lingualised teeth are deemed to have a positive influence on the chewing ability with complete dentures...
- Prosthetic rehabilitation of a completely edentulous patient with palatal insufficiencyAruna M Bhat
Department of Prosthodontics, AB Shetty Memorial Institute of Dental Sciences, Deralakatte, Mangalore 575 018, India
Indian J Dent Res 18:35-7. 2007....
- Vinyl polysiloxane impression material in removable prosthodontics. Part 1: edentulous impressionsJoseph J Massad
Scottsdale Center for Dentistry, Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
Compend Contin Educ Dent 28:452-9; quiz 460, 470. 2007..A modem technique using readily available impression materials will be described and illustrated so readers can consider the benefits of incorporation into their daily management of edentulous patients...
- Removable prostheses revisited: challenges for primary dental care. I. Complete denturesAntony J Preston
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Liverpool University Dental Hospital and School of Dental Studies, Liverpool, UK
Prim Dent Care 14:67-72. 2007..the trends in edentulousness in the UK will be summarised, and important changes that are likely to influence complete denture provision will be outlined...
- Maintenance requirements of implant-supported fixed prostheses opposed by implant-supported fixed prostheses, natural teeth, or complete dentures: a 5-year retrospective studyDavid M Davis
Department of Prosthetic Dentistry, GKT Dental Institute, Denmark Hill Campus, Caldecot Road, London SE5 9RW, United Kingdom
Int J Prosthodont 16:521-3. 2003....
- Simplified versus comprehensive fabrication of complete dentures: patient ratings of denture satisfaction from a randomized crossover trialGuido Heydecke
Department of Prosthodontics, School of Dentistry, University Hospital, Hamburg Eppendorf, Germany
Quintessence Int 39:107-16. 2008To determine if patient ratings of their ability to chew are dependent on the method of complete denture fabrication.
- Occlusal device for diagnostic evaluation of maxillomandibular relationships in edentulous patients: a clinical techniqueJoseph J Massad
Tufts University of Dental Medicine, Boston, Mass, USA
J Prosthet Dent 91:586-90. 2004..Acceptance of the new OVD position by both the patient and dentist following an initial diagnostic phase is important to predictable and successful treatment...
- Electromyographic evaluation of masseter and anterior temporalis muscles in rest position of edentulous patients with temporomandibular disorders, before and after using complete dentures with sliding platesMaria Cristina Candelas Zuccolotto
Discipline of Complete Denture Prosthetics and Occlusion, School of Dentistry, University of Ribeirao Preto UNAERP, Brazil
Gerodontology 24:105-10. 2007....
- Prospective clinical trial comparing lingualized occlusion to bilateral balanced occlusion in complete dentures: a pilot studySuguru Kimoto
Department of Complete Denture Prosthodontics, Nihon University School of Dentistry at Matsudo, 2 870 1 Sakaecho nishi, Chiba 271 8587, Japan
Int J Prosthodont 19:103-9. 2006....
- Do traditional techniques produce better conventional complete dentures than simplified techniques?Yasuhiko Kawai
Department of Gnatho Oral Prosthetic Rehabilitation, Nihon University School of Dentistry at Matsudo, Chiba, Japan
J Dent 33:659-68. 2005..The quality of the prostheses was rated by prosthodontists at 6 months...
- "All-on-Four" immediate function concept and clinical report of treatment of an edentulous mandible with a fixed complete denture and milled titanium frameworkAmir H Khatami
Department of Restorative Dentistry and Prosthodontics, The Ohio State University, 305 W 12th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Prosthodont 17:47-51. 2008..No discernable clinical and radiographic changes were noted around the dental implants. To date, there have been no prosthetic complications. The patient is scheduled for quarterly follow-ups to determine the effectiveness of home care...
- Prosthodontic management of an irradiated maxillectomy patient with severe trismus using implant-supported prostheses: a clinical reportAnsgar C Cheng
Graduate Prosthodontics, National University of Singapore, Singapore
J Prosthet Dent 99:344-50. 2008..The clinical procedure and the rationale for the treatment approach are discussed. Implanted-supported prostheses were prescribed for this patient...
- Determination of the occlusal vertical dimension: use of maxillary and mandibular posterior teeth measurement in edentate subjectsNuran Dinçkal Yanikoğlu
Department of Prosthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry at Atatürk University, Erzurum, Turkey
Eur J Prosthodont Restor Dent 13:75-7. 2005..44 mm. in the first molar region for the right side. The findings of this study can be used as a guide for the construction of record bases and occlusal rims and for establishing the occlusal vertical dimension in edentulous patients...
- Facts and fallacies: an evidence base for complete denturesGunnar E Carlsson
Faculty of Odontology, Goteborg University, Box 450, SE 405 30 Goteborg, Sweden
Dent Update 33:134-6, 138-40, 142. 2006..Balanced occlusion/articulation is not necessary for successful complete denture function...
- [Selection of occlusal scheme for complete dentures]Kan Nagao
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Prosthodontics, Institute of Health Biosciences, The University of Tokushima Graduate School
Nihon Hotetsu Shika Gakkai Zasshi 49:4-6. 2005
- Restoration with implants in patients with recessive dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa and patient satisfaction with the implant-supported superstructureMiguel Penarrocha
Medical and Dental School, University of Valencia, Valencia, Spain
Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 22:651-5. 2007....
- Cement-retained superstructure for a metal-resin fixed complete dentureMichael McCracken
Department of Prosthodontics and Biomaterials, University of Alabama, Birmingham, School of Dentistry, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
J Prosthet Dent 93:298-300. 2005This article describes a method of fabricating a metal-resin fixed complete denture using a cemented acrylic resin superstructure over a metal bar that is screw-retained...
- Lingualized occlusion: an occlusal solution for edentulous patientsLily T Garcia
Department of Prosthodontics, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 78229 3900, USA
Pract Proced Aesthet Dent 17:5 pages preceding page 633. 2005..This article will highlight the influences of a lingualized tooth arrangement in complete denture occlusion as it relates to improving edentulous patients' function and quality of life; it will also ..
- Definitive CAD/CAM-guided prosthesis for immediate loading of bone-grafted maxilla: a case reportHerman K Kupeyan
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
Clin Implant Dent Relat Res 8:161-7. 2006..In recent years, bone graft reconstruction of the maxilla and the mandible has been advocated to reverse the debilitating effects of alveolar ridge resorption...
- An overview of complete artificial fixed dentition supported by endosseous implantsDennis Flanagan
Connecticut Dental Groups, Willimantic, CT 06226, USA
Artif Organs 29:73-81. 2005..Lip support by means of a flange in the prosthesis may be necessary when there has been a large amount of bone loss from edentulous resorption. Cleaning and routine maintenance of the prostheses every 3-6 months is essential...
- Concept and development of a computerized positioning of prosthetic teeth for complete denturesM Busch
Center for Applied Informatics, Flexible Learning and Telemedicine CIFT STZ, Ernst Moritz Arndt University, Greifswald, Germany
Int J Comput Dent 9:113-20. 2006..Summarizing: The interplay of hardware and software components within on integrated solution including conversion of the "virtual" into a real positioning of prosthetic teeth is presented...
- The management of a completely edentulous patient using simultaneous maxillary and mandibular CAD/CAM-guided immediately loaded definitive implant-supported prostheses: a clinical reportNeo Tee-Khin
Restorative Dentistry, National University of Singapore, Singapore
J Prosthet Dent 99:416-20. 2008..Definitive maxillary and mandibular implant-supported fixed complete dentures were connected immediately after implant placement using a CAD/CAM-guided implant surgical placement protocol...
- Good occlusal practiceV Joshi
Br Dent J 192:302; author reply 302-3. 2002
- Simplified complete denturesJacqueline P Duncan
Department of Prosthodontics and Operative Dentistry, University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine, 263 Farmington Avenue, Farmington, CT 06030, USA
Dent Clin North Am 48:625-40, vi. 2004b>Complete denture fabrication can be an enjoyable and profitable facet of a dental practice...
- A 3-year retrospective study of Cresco frameworks: preload and complicationsLars Hjalmarsson
Department of Prosthetic Dentistry, Public Dental Health, St Erik Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Clin Implant Dent Relat Res 7:189-99. 2005..Lausanne, Switzerland)...
- Reestablishing occlusal vertical dimension using a diagnostic treatment prosthesis in the edentulous patient: a clinical reportKeith A Mays
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Division of Hospital Dentistry, University of Maryland, School of Dentistry, Baltimore 21201, USA
J Prosthodont 12:30-6. 2003..A conventional complete denture was fabricated based on the patient's ability to handle the increase during the trial period...
- Correlation between patient satisfaction with complete dentures and denture quality, oral condition, and flow rate of submandibular/sublingual salivary glandsAndy Wolff
Department of Oral Pathology and Oral Medicine, The Maurice and Gabriela Goldschleger School of Dental Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Int J Prosthodont 16:45-8. 2003..The purpose of this study was to examine the correlation between patient satisfaction with complete dentures and parameters of denture quality, oral condition, and flow rate of the submandibular and sublingual salivary glands...
- A longitudinal study of quality of life outcomes in older adults requesting implant prostheses and complete removable denturesP F Allen
Department of Restorative Dentistry, University Dental School and Hospital, Wilton, Cork, Ireland
Clin Oral Implants Res 14:173-9. 2003..was undertaken to assess the impact of oral implant therapy on the psychosocial well-being of subjects with complete denture wearing problems...
- Tooth position in full-mouth implant restorations--a case reportJack Piermatti
Gen Dent 54:209-13; quiz 214, 221-2. 2006..This article reviews the basic principles of tooth position in dentate patients and in complete denture prosthodontics and relates them to the edentulous patient undergoing implant restoration...
- [Lingualized occlusion in the South African context]T G Oberholzer
Departement Toegepaste Mondheelkunde, Afdeling Prostodonsie, Skool vir Mondheelkunde, Fakulteit Gesondheidswetenskappe, Universiteit van Stellenbosch, Tygerberg
SADJ 57:25-8. 2002..The School of Oral Health Sciences of the University of Stellenbosch teaches this concept to its undergraduate students in order to improve the prosthetic service to the large edentulous population of South Africa...
- Within-subject comparisons of maxillary fixed and removable implant prostheses: Patient satisfaction and choice of prosthesisGuido Heydecke
Faculty of Dentistry, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
Clin Oral Implants Res 14:125-30. 2003..The results suggest that maxillary removable overdentures on multiple implants may provide patients with better function than fixed prostheses...
- [Clinical evaluation on effects of functional muscular equal pressure zone on complete denture]Dongwei Han
Department of Prosthodontics, School of Stomatology, Tongji University, Shanghai 200072, China
Hua Xi Kou Qiang Yi Xue Za Zhi 21:220-1. 2003To study the clinical effect of the functional muscular equal pressure zone on complete denture.
- Implant prosthodontics: from single tooth to complex casesGordon J Christensen
Brigham Young University, Utah, USA
J Oral Implantol 28:244-8. 2002....
- Application of cast magnetic attachments to sectional complete dentures for a patient with microstomia: a clinical reportIkuya Watanabe
Baylor College of Dentistry, Texas A and M University System Health Science Center, Dallas, TX 75246, USA
J Prosthet Dent 88:573-7. 2002..With the use of lingual and palatal midline hinges and a cast iron-platinum magnetic attachment, the sectional prosthesis was successfully and easily inserted and provided adequate function in the patient's mouth...
- Clinical assessment of common patient complaints with complete denturesEmel Dervis
University of Istanbul Faculty of Dentistry, Department of Prosthodontics, 34390 Capa Istanbul, Turkey
Eur J Prosthodont Restor Dent 10:113-7. 2002..Statistically significant relationships were observed between denture construction faults or the condition of the patient's denture bearing mucosa and patient complaints...
- Implant complications and failures: the complete overdentureC J Watson
Leeds Dental Institute, Leeds
Dent Update 28:234-8, 240. 2001..A number of implant systems have been reviewed and the results of the authors' clinical experiences with referred and their own cases are reported...
- The expanding influence of computed tomography and the application of computer-guided implantologyGeorge A Mandelaris
Lutheran General Hospital, 1875 Dept Street, Parkside Center, Suite 250, Park Ridge, IL 60068, USA
Pract Proced Aesthet Dent 20:297-305; quiz 306. 2008..A logical and progressive approach is outlined that allows each clinician to assess how to embrace this paradigm shift in his or her clinical practice, and provide better and safer patient care...
- Provisional implants for anchoring removable interim prostheses in edentulous jaws: a clinical studyGerald Krennmair
Dental School, University of Vienna, Austria
Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 18:582-8. 2003..The behavior of provisional implants in edentulous maxillae/mandibles used for anchoring removable interim overdentures was followed for the time of the intended healing of the definitive implants...
- A comparison of patient's satisfaction between complete and partial removable denture wearersAsja Celebic
Department of Prosthodontics, School of Dental Medicine, University of Zagreb, Gunduliceva 5, 10000, Zagreb, Croatia
J Dent 31:445-51. 2003The aim of this study was to compare satisfaction between complete denture (CD) and Kennedy Class I removable partial denture (RPD) wearers.
- A study to compare the oral health impact profile and satisfaction before and after having replacement complete dentures constructed by either the copy or the conventional techniqueB J J Scott
Unit of Restorative Dental Care and Clinical Dental Sciences, Dundee Dental Hospital and School, Dundee, UK
Gerodontology 23:79-86. 2006....
- Dietary intake in edentulous subjects with good and poor quality complete denturesRosemary S A Shinkai
Department of Orthodontics, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas 78229 3900, USA
J Prosthet Dent 87:490-8. 2002Previous studies in complete denture wearers evaluated the relationship between diet and measures of chewing, yet only isolated nutrient intake was considered...
- Comparing the efficacy of mandibular implant-retained overdentures and conventional dentures among middle-aged edentulous patients: satisfaction and functional assessmentManal A Awad
Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Int J Prosthodont 16:117-22. 2003..The aim of this randomized clinical trial was to compare the relative efficacy of mandibular overdentures retained by only two implants and a bar attachment with conventional dentures...
- Relationship between occlusal plane determinants and craniofacial structuresJ Nissan
Department of Oral Rehabilitation, The Maurice and Gabriela Goldschleger School of Dental Medicine, University of Tel Aviv, Israel
J Oral Rehabil 30:587-91. 2003A cephalometric study was conducted on 34 complete denture wearers to investigate the relationship between the anatomical structures commonly used to determine the occlusal plane and the facial skeletal shape...
- A clinical trial of patient satisfaction and prosthodontic needs with ball and bar attachments for implant-retained complete overdentures: three-year resultsMichael I Macentee
University of British Columbia, Department of Oral Health Sciences, Faculty of Dentistry, Vancouver, BC, Canada
J Prosthet Dent 93:28-37. 2005....
- Survey of prosthodontic service provided by general dentists in VirginiaCharles E Janus
Department of Prosthodontics, Virginia Commonwealth University, School of Dentistry, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
J Prosthet Dent 97:287-91. 2007..Activities in prosthodontic treatment may be changing due to prevalence of disease and new treatment options. Studies cite conflicting evidence in regard to prosthodontic services, particularly removable prosthodontics...
- Oral candidosis, denture cleanliness and hygiene habits in an elderly populationAydan Kanli
Department of Oral Diagnosis and Radiology, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Hacettepe, University of Hacettepe, Turkey
Aging Clin Exp Res 17:502-7. 2005..The purpose of this study was to determine oral hygiene habits, denture cleanliness and presence of yeasts in elderly complete denture wearers.
- The nose shape as a predictor of maxillary central and lateral incisor widthTonguc Sulun
Department of Removable Prosthodontics, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Quintessence Int 36:603-7. 2005One of the primary aspects of complete denture prosthodontics is determining the correct proportion for the maxillary central incisor width to the lateral incisor width...
- The prevalence of denture stomatitis and its predisposing conditions in an older Greek populationAnastassia E Kossioni
Department of Prosthodontics, School of Dentistry, University of Athens, Greece
Gerodontology 28:85-90. 2011Pathology related to complete denture-wearing will remain an important issue because of an increase in the ageing population.
- Effect of implants on maximum bite force in edentulous patientsMansour Rismanchian
Department of Prosthodontics, School of Dentistry, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences
J Oral Implantol 35:196-200. 2009..from their conventional complete dentures and their mandibular implant-supported overdentures opposed by complete denture. In this cross sectional analytical descriptive study, seventy-five 45- to 65-year-old patients were divided ..
- Prevalence of mutans streptococci isolated from complete dentures and their susceptibility to mouthrinsesRodrigo Fernando Gonçalves André
Department of Dental Materials and Prosthodontics, Ribeirao Preto Dental School, University of Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Braz Dent J 22:62-7. 2011..Seventy-seven complete denture wearers were randomly assigned into 2 groups, according to the product used for denture cleaning: Control ..
- [3D finite element analysis in consideration of the slide on residual ridge and the rigidity of mandibular complete denture]Taizo Uto
Division of Prosthetic Dentistry, Graduate School of Dental Medicine, Tsurumi University
Nihon Hotetsu Shika Gakkai Zasshi 49:36-45. 2005..The motions and stress distributions of mandibular complete dentures during use were compared and investigated in terms of denture rigidity using 3D finite element method (FEM) stress analysis...
- Effect of labial frenum notch size and palatal vault depth on stress concentration in a maxillary complete denture: a finite element studyFarahnaz Nejatidanesh
Department of Prosthodontics, Torabinejad Dental Research Center, School of Dentistry, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Isfahan, Iran
J Contemp Dent Pract 10:59-66. 2009..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effect of labial frenum notch size and palatal depth on stress concentration in maxillary complete dentures...
- Candida albicans oral biofilmWELDA CHAFFIN; Fiscal Year: 2004..Denture stomatitis may affect 50 percent of complete denture wearers...
- Antifungal Denture Adhesive Film for Oral CandidiasisTHOMAS GERDING; Fiscal Year: 2004..A recent study reported that over 75 percent of complete denture wearers exhibit dense C. albicans colonization in the sites covered by the upper or lower dentures...
- EVALUATION OF OVERDENTURE UTILIZING IMPLANT RETENTIONDavid Burns; Fiscal Year: 1990Successful mandibular complete denture therapy relies on adequate denture retention and stability from the residual alveolar ridge...
- GENE REGULATION OF RAT DENTIN SIALOPROTEINHELENA RITCHIE; Fiscal Year: 2006..1 in 7,000 newborns) leave these children few choices other than placement of crowns on the teeth or a complete denture. A nonsense mutation, located in the coding sequence for dentin sialoprotein (DSP) is likely responsible for ..
- Clinical Investigation of Mandibular Implant OverdentureDavid Burns; Fiscal Year: 2005..All but one subject have completed prosthodontic complete denture and implant bar fabrication and have received at least their first randomly assigned treatment...
- Does FAK mediate implant microtopographyGalen Schneider; Fiscal Year: 2006..This would allow for a controlled, localized, site specific tissue engineering approach in association with Dental implant therapy. ..
- Mineralization: Integrins and Focal Adhesion KinaseGalen Schneider; Fiscal Year: 2003..This will allow for development of new therapeutic approaches that in turn could lead to novel treatments and tissue-engineered biological applications to increase the quality of life for many patients. ..
- Physiology of ATP Release in Chronic PainYoshizo Matsuka; Fiscal Year: 2005..The acquired knowledge may lead to the development of novel therapeutics targeting abnormal excitability changes in sensory neurons. ..
- Molecular probing for the mechanism of neuropathic painIchiro Nishimura; Fiscal Year: 2006..8 suppression on neuropathic pain behavior. The outcome of this project will provide a novel entry point for future investigations of, and a putative therapeutic modality for neuropathic pain. ..