- An evaluation of the quality of root fillings in mandibular incisors and maxillary and mandibular canines using different methodologies
L W M van der Sluis
Department of Cariology Endodontology Pedodontology, Academic Centre for Dentistry Amsterdam ACTA, Louwesweg 1, Amsterdam 1066 EA, The Netherlands
J Dent 33:683-8. 2005
- The influence of smear layer in lateral channels filling
Endodontics Unit, Department of Oral Sciences, University of Bologna, Via San Vitale 59, 40125 Bologna, Italy
Clin Oral Investig 11:353-9. 2007
..All lateral channels resulted filled in both groups. No statistically significant differences regarding number, length, and diameter were observed between the two groups. Smear layer did not prevent the sealing of lateral channels...
- Prevalence of and factors affecting post-obturation pain in patients undergoing root canal treatment
Y L Ng
Department of Endodontology, Eastman Dental Institute for Oral Health Care Sciences, University College London, London, UK
Int Endod J 37:381-91. 2004
..This longitudinal, prospective study (1) investigated the prevalence of post-obturation pain after root canal treatment and (2) evaluated the influence of factors affecting the pain experience...
- Immature teeth with periradicular periodontitis or abscess undergoing apexogenesis: a paradigm shift
Ling Huey Chueh
Elite Dental Clinic, Taipei, Taiwan
J Endod 32:1205-13. 2006
..Our clinical observations support a shifting paradigm toward a conservative approach by providing a favorable environment for tissue regeneration. The mechanism of this continued development and formation of the root end is discussed...
- Apical limit of root canal instrumentation and obturation, part 2. A histological study
Int Endod J 31:394-409. 1998
- A study of endodontic treatment carried out in dental practice within the UK
S M Jenkins
Department of Adult Dental Health, University of Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff, Wales, UK
Int Endod J 34:16-22. 2001
..CONCLUSIONS: The results of this study suggest that although some dentists are using the techniques taught during their undergraduate careers, a large percentage now use techniques with no evidence of clinical effectiveness...
- Root canal filling with calcium hydroxide using different techniques
Faculty of Dentistry, Federal University of Goias, Goiania, GO, Brazil
Braz Dent J 13:53-6. 2002
..The placement of calcium hydroxide with a file, absorbent paper points and vertical pluggers presented the lowest number of empty spaces in the three thirds of the root canal, followed by the Lentulo drill and the McSpadden compactor...
- Evaluation of root canal obturation: a three-dimensional in vitro study
School of Dentistry, University of Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom
J Endod 35:541-4. 2009
..02%) of voids and gaps. The present study showed that none of the root canal filled teeth were gap-free. Roots filled with gutta-percha showed less voids and gaps than roots filled with the remaining filling materials...
- Comparative analysis of leakage in root canal fillings performed with gutta-percha and Resilon cones with AH Plus and Epiphany sealers
Vinicio Hidemitsu Goto Hirai
Department of Endodontics, Pontifical Catholic University of Parana, Curitiba, Brazil
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 109:e131-5. 2010
..The aim of this study was to compare the leakage of root canal fillings of gutta-percha or Resilon cones in association with AH Plus or Epiphany sealer...
- Graduating dental students' ability to produce quality root canal fillings using single- or multiple-cone obturation techniques
Tom G Gound
College of Dentistry, University of Nebraska, 40th and Holdrege Streets, Lincoln, NE 68583 0757, USA
J Dent Educ 73:696-705. 2009
..Further research is needed to determine how much training and/or experience will be needed...
- A quantitative comparison of the fill density of MTA produced by two placement techniques
Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, 23298, USA
J Endod 32:456-9. 2006
..Hand condensation with indirect US activation resulted in an MTA fill that was statistically significantly heavier, and thus denser, than that accomplished by hand condensation alone in both curved and straight canals (p < 0.0001)...
- [Postobturation pain associated with endodontic treatment]
L A Goreva
Stomatologiia (Mosk) 83:14-6. 2004
..The method of "crown down" preparation using completely rotating profile instruments and GT rotary files proved to be most effective as regards prevention of postoperative pain...
- A new quantitative method using glucose for analysis of endodontic leakage
School of Stomatology, Wuhan University, China
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 99:107-11. 2005
..The purpose of this study was to introduce a new method for quantitative testing of endodontic leakage...
- Effect of three different sealers on the sealing ability of both thermafil obturators and cold laterally compacted Gutta-Percha
Poliklinik für Zahnerhaltung, Munster, Germany
J Endod 28:638-42. 2002
..05). Under the conditions of this study, Thermafil obturators achieved seals comparable to lateral compaction, as long as a sealer was used...
- Comparison of post-obturation pain experience following one-visit and two-visit root canal treatment on teeth with vital pulps: a randomized controlled trial
Department of Endodontics, West China School of Stomatology, Sichuan University, Sichuan, China
Int Endod J 43:692-7. 2010
..To compare the incidence and intensity of post-obturation pain after one- or two-visit root canal treatment (RCT) on anterior teeth with vital pulps and a single root and canal in a randomized controlled trial...
- Resin materials for root canal obturation
Cornelis H Pameijer
Department of Reconstructive Sciences, University of Connecticut, Health Center, Farmington, CT 06030, USA
Dent Clin North Am 54:325-44. 2010
..A critical analysis of the facts leads to the consensus that methacrylate based resin sealers are here to stay and offer a suitable alternative to conventional endodontic treatment...
- Outcome of primary root canal treatment: systematic review of the literature -- Part 2. Influence of clinical factors
Y L Ng
Unit of Endodontology, UCL Eastman Dental Institute, University College London, London, UK
Int Endod J 41:6-31. 2008
..i) To carry out meta-analyses to quantify the influence of the clinical factors on the efficacy of primary root canal treatment and (ii) to identify the best treatment protocol based on the current evidence...
- Periapical status and quality of root fillings and coronal restorations in an adult Spanish population
J J Segura-Egea
Department of Stomatology, School of Dentistry, University of Seville, Seville, Spain
Int Endod J 37:525-30. 2004
..To investigate the quality of root fillings and coronal restorations and their association with periapical status in an adult Spanish population...
- Effectiveness of hand and rotary instrumentation for removing a new synthetic polymer-based root canal obturation material (Epiphany) during retreatment
J F Schirrmeister
Department of Operative Dentistry and Periodontology, Albert Ludwigs University, Hugstetter Strasse 55, D 79106 Freiburg, Germany
Int Endod J 39:150-6. 2006
..To evaluate the effectiveness of hand and rotary instrumentation for removal of vertically compacted Epiphany and gutta-percha during retreatment...
- Prevalence of apical periodontitis in root canal-treated teeth from an urban French population: influence of the quality of root canal fillings and coronal restorations
Paula B L Tavares
Department of Endodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Estacio de Sa University, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
J Endod 35:810-3. 2009
..5%). The quality of the endodontic treatment was the most important factor for success, although the quality of the coronal restoration also influenced the treatment outcome...
- Periapical status and quality of root canal fillings and coronal restorations in a Greek population
Maria K Georgopoulou
Department of Endodontics, Dental School, University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Quintessence Int 39:e85-92. 2008
..To investigate the quality of root canal fillings and coronal restorations in relation to periapical status in a Greek population...
- A primary observation on the preparation and obturation of oval canals
M K Wu
Department of Cariology Endodontology Pedodontology, Academic Centre for Dentistry Amsterdam ACTA, Louwesweg 1, 1066 EA Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Int Endod J 34:137-41. 2001
..The aim of this study was to observe the existence and assess the quality of obturation of uninstrumented recesses in oval canals...
- Microorganisms from canals of root-filled teeth with periapical lesions
E T Pinheiro
Endodontic Department, Piracicaba Dental School, State University of Campinas, UNICAMP, Piracicaba, SP, Brazil
Int Endod J 36:1-11. 2003
..The objective of the present study was to identify the microbial flora within root canals of teeth with failed root-canal treatment and to determine the association of the various species with clinical features...
- Radiographic technical quality of root canal treatment performed by dental students at the Dental Teaching Center in Jordan
K M Barrieshi-Nusair
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Jordan University of Science and Technology, P O Box 3030, Irbid 22110, Jordan
J Dent 32:301-7. 2004
..The objective of this study was to evaluate radiographically the technical standard of root canal treatment performed by undergraduate dental students at the Dental Teaching Center in Jordan...
- Outcome of root canal obturation by warm gutta-percha versus cold lateral condensation: a meta-analysis
West China School of Dentistry, Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
J Endod 33:106-9. 2007
The purpose of this study was to evaluate clinical outcome differences of root canal obturation by warm gutta-percha (GP) or cold lateral condensation (CLC) through a systematic review and meta-analysis...
- Efficacy of retreatment techniques for a resin-based root canal obturation material
Department of Endodontics, Baylor College of Dentistry, The Texas A and M University System Health Science Center, Dallas, Texas 75246, USA
J Endod 32:341-4. 2006
..05). Resilon was faster to remove than GP. Both techniques resulted in cleaner canal walls in the apical third of the teeth obturated with Resilon when compared to GP (p < 0.05)...
- Leakage along apical root fillings with and without smear layer using two different leakage models: a two-month longitudinal ex vivo study
Department of Cariology Endodontology Pedodontology, Academic Centre for Dentistry Amsterdam ACTA, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Int Endod J 39:968-76. 2006
..To compare two different experimental models when measuring leakage along root fillings with or without smear layer...
- An evaluation of endodontically treated vertical root fractured teeth: impact of operative procedures
Department of Endodontology, The Maurice and Gabriela Goldschleger School of Dental Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
J Endod 27:46-8. 2001
..Frequent recalls are recommended to diagnose vertical root fractures early, especially in susceptible teeth, such as premolars and mesial roots of mandibular molars...
- Use of MTA for orthograde obturation of nonvital teeth with open apices: report of two cases
Department of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University G D Annunzio, Chieti, Italy
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 104:e98-101. 2007
..The treated teeth were asymptomatic, and radiographic follow-ups showed healing of periradicular tissues and new hard tissue formation in the apical area of the affected teeth...
- A comparative study of lateral condensation, heat-softened gutta-percha, and a modified master cone heat-softened backfilling technique
D Da Silva
Department of Endodontics, Dental Faculty, University of Oslo, Blindern, Oslo, Norway
Int Endod J 35:1005-11. 2002
..The aim of the study was to compare the quality of root fillings completed by lateral condensation (L), Thermafil (TF), and a new technique using Thermafil for backfilling (BF), with special emphasis on control of overfilling...
- Treatment outcome in endodontics: the Toronto Study. Phase III: initial treatment
Vincent L Marquis
MSc Program in Endodontics, Department of Graduate Endodontics, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Endod 32:299-306. 2006
..5; healed: absent, 88%; present, 76%). Treatment technique (OR = 2.8; CI 1.3-6.1; healed: Schilder, 89%; alternative, 73%) was suggested as an outcome predictor in teeth with AP, requiring confirmation from randomized controlled trials...
- Fracture resistance of roots using different canal filling systems
M Karapinar Kazandag
Department of Endodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Yeditepe University, Istanbul, Turkey
Int Endod J 42:705-10. 2009
..To evaluate the fracture resistance of teeth filled with various canal filling materials...
- Void detection in root fillings using intraoral analogue, intraoral digital and cone beam CT images
BIOMAT Research Cluster, School of Dentistry, Oral Pathology and Maxillofacial Surgery, Catholic University of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Int Endod J 42:675-85. 2009
..To compare void detection in root fillings using different radiographic imaging techniques: intraoral analogue, intraoral digital and cone beam CT (CBCT) images and to assess factors influencing small void detection...
- Prevalence and technical quality of root fillings in Dakar, Senegal
Endodontics and Restorative Dentistry Section, Department of Dentistry, Faculty of Medicine, Pharmacy and Dentistry, University Cheikh Anta Diop, Dakar, Senegal
Int Endod J 41:41-9. 2008
..To examine the prevalence and technical quality of root fillings and the periapical status of root-filled teeth in a subpopulation of Dakar, Senegal...
- Technical quality of root canal treatment in Taiwan
L H Chueh
Elite Dental Clinic, Shin Kong Wu Ho Su Memorial Hospital, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Int Endod J 36:416-22. 2003
..To evaluate the current technical quality of root canal treatment (RCT) in Taiwan...
- Push-out bond strength of a new endodontic obturation system (Resilon/Epiphany)
Marilia M Sly
Indiana University School of Dentistry, Dental Materials, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
J Endod 33:160-2. 2007
..Gutta-percha had significantly higher push-out bond strength than Epiphany (p<0.0001)...
- Technical quality of root fillings performed by dental students at the dental teaching centre in Reims, France
Department of Epidemiology, Faculty of Dentistry, Champagne Ardennes University, Reims, France
Int Endod J 41:679-84. 2008
..To evaluate the technical quality of root fillings performed by undergraduate students at a dental teaching centre in France...
- The comparison of gutta-percha and Resilon penetration into lateral canals with different thermoplastic delivery systems
Department of Endodontics, School of Dental Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Endod 34:847-9. 2008
..Our data also suggest that the Resilon filling material flows better into lateral canals when a single backfill technique is used...
- Coronal and apical leakage analysis of two different root canal obturation systems
Patricia Gimenez Oddoni
School of Dentistry, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Braz Oral Res 22:211-5. 2008
..05). AH Plus with gutta-percha and Epiphany with Resilon provided the same coronal seal, whereas Epiphany with Resilon provided the best apical seal...
- Synthesis and preliminary evaluation of a polyolefin-based core for carrier-based root canal obturation
Raghad Abdulrazzaq Alhashimi
Department of Biomaterials, King s College London Dental Institute, London, United Kingdom
J Endod 38:983-6. 2012
Carrier-based gutta-percha is an effective method of root canal obturation creating a 3-dimensional filling; however, retrieval of the plastic carrier is relatively difficult, particularly with smaller sizes...
- Delivery of calcium hydroxide: comparison of four filling techniques
Richard M Simcock
I B Bender Division of Endodontics, Albert Einstein Medical Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Endod 32:680-2. 2006
..8 to 9.3. The results indicate that complete instrumentation is needed to obtain near optimal delivery of Ca(OH)(2)...
- The imaging of root canal obturation using micro-CT
Polyclinic for Operative and Preventive Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Justus Liebig University, Giessen, Germany
Int Endod J 38:617-26. 2005
..To examine the potential and accuracy of micro-computed tomography (micro-CT) for imaging of filled root canals...
- The sealing ability and retention characteristics of mineral trioxide aggregate in a model of apexification
Darlene R Hachmeister
Department of Endodontics, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 78229 3900, USA
J Endod 28:386-90. 2002
..MTA shows promise in our proposed treatment option of immature pulpless teeth if the sealing ability can be enhanced by improving the delivery technique...
- Pathogenesis of apical periodontitis and the causes of endodontic failures
P N R Nair
Institute of Oral Biology, Section of Oral Structures and Development, Center of Dental and Oral Medicine, University of Zurich, Plattenstrasse 11, CH 8028 Zurich, Switzerland
Crit Rev Oral Biol Med 15:348-81. 2004
- Calcium hydroxide dressings using different preparation and application modes: density and dissolution by simulated tissue pressure
C I Peters
Endodontic Department, University of the Pacific Dental School, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
Int Endod J 38:889-95. 2005
..To study the effect of different apical shapes in prepared simulated root canals on the application of a commercially prepared calcium hydroxide paste by a syringe or lentulo spiral...
- Intracanal placement of calcium hydroxide: a comparison of two different mixtures and carriers
Meltem Dartar Oztan
Department of Endodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Ankara University, Karyağdí Sokak, 17 4 Cankaya Ankara, Turkey
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 94:93-7. 2002
..Conclusions. Ca(OH)(2) when mixed with glycerin and placed into the canals, either with a Lentulo spiral or Pastinject, provided satisfactory results. Pastinject showed better fillings with Ca(OH)(2) + water pastes than Lentulo spiral...
- The effects of canal preparation and filling on the incidence of dentinal defects
Department of Cariology, Endodontology, Pedodontology, Academic Centre of Dentistry Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Int Endod J 42:208-13. 2009
..To evaluate ex vivo the incidence of defects in root dentine before and after root canal preparation and filling...
- Fluid movement along the coronal two-thirds of root fillings placed by three different gutta-percha techniques
M K Wu
Department of Cariology Endodontology Pedodontology, Academic Centre for Dentistry, Amsterdam ACTA, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Int Endod J 36:533-40. 2003
..To compare fluid movement (FM) along the coronal two-thirds of gutta percha/sealer root fillings placed by three different techniques...
- Comparison between two thermoplastic root canal obturation techniques regarding extrusion of root canal filling--a retrospective in vivo study
Department of Operative Dentistry and Periodontology, University of Freiburg Medical Center, Hugstetter Str 55, 79106 Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
Clin Oral Investig 17:449-54. 2013
..The aim of this study was to compare two different thermoplastic techniques--a core-carrier technique (Thermafil) and warm vertical compaction--in terms of overextension of root canal filling in vivo...
- Postoperative pain after one-visit root-canal treatment on teeth with vital pulps: comparison of three different obturation techniques
Luis O Alonso-Ezpeleta
Department of Endodontics, School of Dentistry, University of Zaragoza, Huesca, Spain
Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal 17:e721-7. 2012
..To investigate and compare postoperative pain after one-visit root canal treatment (RCT) on teeth with vital pulps using three different obturation techniques...
- The effect of different posts on fracture strength of roots with vertical fracture and re-attached fragments
Department of Restorative Dentistry and Endodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Yuzuncuyil University, Van, Turkey
J Oral Rehabil 37:615-23. 2010
..Prefabricated posts showed similar fracture strength in the sound roots. Customized post systems EverStick and Ribbond showed mostly repairable failure after loading in sound roots or roots with re-attached fragments...
- Diminished leakage along root canals filled with gutta-percha without sealer over time: a laboratory study
M K Wu
Department of Cariology Endodontology Pedodontology, Academic Centre for Dentistry Amsterdam ACTA, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Int Endod J 33:121-5. 2000
..The aim of this study was to investigate the long-term seal of gutta-percha (GP) without sealer...
- Cross-sectional evaluation of the periapical status as related to quality of root canal fillings and coronal restorations in a rural adult male population of Turkey
Department of Oral, Teeth and Jaw Radiology, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, Ankara, Turkey
BMC Oral Health 11:20. 2011
..To determine the prevalence of periapical lesions in root canal-treated teeth in a rural, male adult, Turkish population and to investigate the influence of the quality of root canal fillings on prevalence of periapical lesions...
- An evaluation of the ability of a dentin plug to control extrusion of thermoplasticized gutta-percha
A C Scott
USA DENTAC, Ft Bragg, NC 28307, USA
J Endod 18:52-7. 1992
..When foramen patency was maintained, the Thermafil technique demonstrated significantly greater problems with overextension of material than did other techniques. The dentin plug served as an effective means of preventing extrusion...
- Sealing ability of Hybrid Root SEAL (MetaSEAL) in conjunction with different obturation techniques
Selcuk University, Faculty of Dentistry, Department of Endodontics, Konya, Turkey
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 109:e113-6. 2010
..The objective of this study was to evaluate the apical sealing ability of Hybrid Root SEAL (MetaSEAL) in conjunction with different obturation techniques...
- Resin-based versus gutta-percha-based root canal obturation: influence on bacterial leakage in an in vitro model system
Anne E Williamson
Department of Endodontics, University of Iowa College of Dentistry, Iowa City, IA 52241, USA
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 108:292-6. 2009
..This study evaluated the ability of a resin-based system (Resilon/Epiphany) and gutta-percha/sealer with warm vertical or cold lateral compaction to prevent coronal leakage...
- The quality of single cone and laterally compacted gutta-percha fillings in small and curved root canals as evidenced by bidirectional radiographs and fluid transport measurements
Min Kai Wu
Department of Endodontology, Academic Center for Dentistry Amsterdam, University of Amsterdam and Free University Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 108:946-51. 2009
..The aim of this study was to examine the quality of root fillings in small and curved root canals using bidirectional radiographs and fluid transport (FT) measurements...
- Periapical inflammation and bacterial penetration after coronal inoculation of dog roots filled with RealSeal 1 or Thermafil
Department of Endodontics, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7450, USA
J Endod 35:852-7. 2009
..Histologic evidence of bacterial penetration and periapical inflammation were the outcome parameters used to compare the products...
- Depth and percentage of penetration of endodontic sealers into dentinal tubules after root canal obturation using a lateral compaction technique: a confocal laser scanning microscopy study
Postgraduate Student, Department of Endodontics, Dental School of Bauru, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 108:450-7. 2009
..The aim was to compare the percentage and depth of sealer penetration into dentinal tubules during obturation using Sealer 26, GuttaFlow, or Sealapex in root canals filled with the lateral compaction technique...
- A comparison of techniques for obturating oval-shaped root canals
Department of Periodontics and Endodontics, Tsurumi University School of Dental Medicine, 2 1 3 Tsurumi, Tsurumi ku, Yokohama 230 8501, Japan
Dent Mater J 28:290-4. 2009
..01) and lower than the single cone group in the coronal third (p<0.05). There were no significant differences between the single cone obturation group and the lateral condensation group in each level...
- Treatment outcome in endodontics: the Toronto study--phases 3 and 4: orthograde retreatment
Cristian de Chevigny
Discipline of Endodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Endod 34:131-7. 2008
..Suggested significance of number of treatment sessions in teeth with radiolucency requires validation from randomized controlled trials...
- Prevalence of apical periodontitis and endodontic treatment in a Kosovar adult population
Department of Dental Pathology and Endodontics, University Dentistry Clinical Center of Kosovo, Prishtina, Kosovo
BMC Oral Health 11:32. 2011
..The purpose of our research was to address this anomaly by investigating AP and endodontic treatment in an adult Kosovar population based on radiographic examination...
- A comparison of gutta-percha and Resilon in the obturation of lateral grooves and depressions
Nicole Alicia Karr
Department of Endodontology, School of Dentistry, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97239 307, USA
J Endod 33:749-52. 2007
- Quality of cold and warm gutta-percha fillings in oval canals in mandibular premolars
M K Wu
Department of Cariology Endodontology Pedodontology, Academic Centre for Dentistry Amsterdam ACTA, The Netherlands
Int Endod J 34:485-91. 2001
..The aim of this study was to determine the quality of cold and warm gutta-percha fillings in oval canals...
- Quality of molar root canal fillings performed with the lateral compaction and the single-cone technique
Department of Dental Pathology, Operative Dentistry and Endodontics, School of Dentistry, University of Aarhus, Vennelyst Boulevard, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
J Endod 33:468-71. 2007
..003), but both the mandibular distal (p = 0.001) and the maxillary palatal canals (p = 0.014) had a lower chance for a sufficient filling in projection MD...
- Clinical evaluation of root canal obturation methods in primary teeth
Omar A Bawazir
Riyadh Medical Complex, Riyadh Dental Center, Ministry of Health, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Pediatr Dent 28:39-47. 2006
..This study evaluated in vivo 2 different obturation techniques (lentulo spiral mounted in a slow-speed handpiece and hand-held) in primary teeth...
- Sealing ability of a new carrier-based obturating material
Department of Dental Sciences, La Sapienza University, Rome, Italy
Minerva Stomatol 58:217-24. 2009
- The outcome of teeth with periapical periodontitis treated with nonsurgical endodontic treatment: a computerized morphometric study
Department of Endodontics, Hebrew University Hadassah School of Dental Medicine, PO Box 12272, 91120 Jerusalem, Israel
Quintessence Int 32:397-400. 2001
..This study investigated the prognosis for successful endodontic treatment and the correlation between the size of the periapical lesion, the quality of the root canal treatment, and the type of coronal restoration...
- Influence of length of root canal obturation on apical periodontitis detected by periapical radiography and cone beam computed tomography
Marcelo Sampaio Moura
Department of Endodontics, Brazilian Dental Association, Brasilia, DF, Brazil
J Endod 35:805-9. 2009
..The purpose of this study was to determine the influence of length of root canal obturation on apical periodontitis (AP) detected by periapical radiography and cone beam computed tomography (CBCT).
- Endodontic treatment performed by Flemish dentists. Part 2. Canal filling and decision making for referrals and treatment of apical periodontitis
G M G Hommez
Department of Operative Dentistry and Endodontology, Ghent University, Ghent University Hospital, Dental School, Gent, Belgium
Int Endod J 36:344-51. 2003
..To gather information on root-canal treatment carried out by dentists working in Flanders (Belgium)...
- An in vitro evaluation of the apical sealing ability of a new resin-based root canal obturation system
Emel Olga Onay
Department of Endodontics, Baskent University Faculty of Dentistry, Ankara, Turkey
J Endod 32:976-8. 2006
..05). It was found that there were no significant differences between Epiphany-Resilon combination and all the other groups (p > 0.05)...
- Leakage evaluation of three different root canal obturation techniques using electrochemical evaluation and dye penetration evaluation methods
Department of Restorative Dentistry and Endodontics, Ondokuz Mayis University, Samsun, Turkey
Aust Endod J 33:18-22. 2007
..The difference between Thermafil and CLC was statistically significant (P < 0.05). In both groups, System B fillings showed moderate leakage and the difference was not significant with Thermafil and CLC groups...
- Apical sealing ability of 2 epoxy resin-based sealers used with root canal obturation techniques based on warm gutta-percha compared to cold lateral condensation
Christian Ralf Gernhardt
Martin LutherUniversity, Department of Operative Dentistry and Periodontology, University School of Dental Medicine, Halle, Germany
Quintessence Int 38:229-34. 2007
..To evaluate the apical sealing ability of 2 epoxy resin-based root canal sealers used with 2 different warm gutta-percha obturation techniques and cold lateral condensation...
- The outcome of root canal treatment. A retrospective study within the armed forces (Royal Air Force)
J D Peak
Department of Adult Dental Health, University of Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff, UK
Br Dent J 190:140-4. 2001
..CONCLUSIONS: Root fillings placed using cold lateral condensation of gutta-percha to within 2 mm of the radiographic apex of the tooth were associated with the best outcome...
- Geometric factors affecting dentin bonding in root canals: a theoretical modeling approach
Franklin R Tay
Faculty of Dentistry, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong SAR, China
J Endod 31:584-9. 2005
- Bacterial leakage evaluation of root canals filled with different endodontic sealers
Cláudia Ramos Pinheiro
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Araraquara Dental School, Sao Paulo State University, Araraquara, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 108:e56-60. 2009
..The objective of this study was to evaluate the sealing ability of AH Plus, Epiphany, Acroseal, Endofill, and Polifil after active lateral condensation technique, by using a bacterial test, during 64 days...
- Mineral trioxide aggregate obturation: a review and case series
J Endod 35:777-90. 2009
..The review introduces clinicians to an alternative treatment strategy that might improve the healing outcomes for patients presenting with complex and challenging endodontic conditions...
- Leakage of 4 resin-based root-canal sealers used with a single-cone technique
Ulisses Xavier da Silva Neto
Pontifical Catholic University of Parana, Curitiba, Parana, Brazil
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 104:e53-7. 2007
..The aim of this study was to measure leakage of 4 resin-based sealers...
- Influence of the type of vehicle and limit of obturation on apical and periapical tissue response in dogs' teeth after root canal filling with mineral trioxide aggregate
Department of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dentistry of Aracatuba, Sao Paulo, State University UNESP, Aracatuba, SP, Brazil
J Endod 33:693-7. 2007
..05); root fillings placed at the cemental canal limit showed better results than the overfillings (p = 0.01), and MTA/propyleneglycol paste was more easily placed into the root canals than MTA/distilled water paste...
- Comparison of apical leakage between canals filled with gutta-percha/AH-Plus and the Resilon/Epiphany System, when submitted to two filling techniques
Denusa Moreira Veríssimo
Specialist in Endodontics and Dental Prosthesis at the Federal University of Ceará, Brazil
J Endod 33:291-4. 2007
..05), which leaked more than RES. With RES, leakage was confined to the apical third and HT could be used to thermoplasticize RES with satisfactory results...
- Prevalence and risk factors of apical periodontitis in endodontically treated teeth in a selected population of Brazilian adults
School of Dentistry, Federal University of Goias, Goiania, GO, Brazil
Braz Dent J 19:34-9. 2008
..Poor coronal restoration increased the risk of AP even when endodontic treatment was adequate (OR=2.80; 95%CI=1.87-4.22). The presence of intracanal posts had no influence on AP prevalence...
- Endodontic outcome predictors identified with periapical radiographs and cone-beam computed tomography scans
Yu Hong Liang
Department of Operative Dentistry and Endodontics, Peking University School and Hospital of Stomatology, Beijing, China
J Endod 37:326-31. 2011
..This retrospective study evaluated various factors that might affect the outcome of root canal therapy...
- Adhesive dentistry and endodontics. Part 2: bonding in the root canal system-the promise and the problems: a review
Richard S Schwartz
J Endod 32:1125-34. 2006
..Much of the literature reviewed and many of the principles discussed are taken from the restorative dentistry literature and applied to the unique environment of the root canal system...
- Coronal leakage of teeth root-filled with gutta-percha or Resilon root canal filling material
University of Limpopo, Medunsa Oral Health Centre, Medunsa, South Africa
J Endod 32:879-81. 2006
..2713) or the System B techniques (p = 0.0767). The ability of GP and Resilon to seal a root canal is similar...
- Clinical outcomes of artificial root-end barriers with mineral trioxide aggregate in teeth with immature apices
David T Holden
Department of Endodontics, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas 78229 3900, USA
J Endod 34:812-7. 2008
..Overall, these results indicated that the mineral trioxide aggregate apical barrier technique is a successful method for obturating teeth with immature apices...
- Apical sealing ability of Resilon/Epiphany versus gutta-percha/AH Plus: immediate and 16-months leakage
Division of Endodontology, Department of Preventive Dentistry, Periodontology, and Cariology, University of Zurich Centre for Dental Medicine, Zurich, Switzerland
Int Endod J 40:722-9. 2007
..To compare the long-term apical sealing ability of gutta-percha/AH Plus and Resilon/Epiphany...
- Current trends in endodontic practice: emergency treatments and technological armamentarium
Department of Endodontics, UMDNJ, Newark, New Jersey 07103, USA
J Endod 35:35-9. 2009
..Ultrasonics was used by 97.8% of the respondents. It appears from the results that new endodontic technology is currently being used in the endodontic offices of those who responded to the survey...
- Assessment of the sealing ability of a new root canal obturation material
Department of Operative Dentistry and Endodontics, Ondokuz Mayis University Faculty of Dentistry, Samsun, Turkey
J Endod 32:876-8. 2006
..The differences in leakage among the groups were statistically significant (p < 0.05). It was concluded that of the materials tested under the conditions of this study, Epiphany allowed the least leakage...
- Outcome of root canal treatment using Thermafil and cold lateral condensation filling techniques
C H Chu
Faculty of Dentistry, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
Int Endod J 38:179-85. 2005
..To evaluate the outcome of root canal treatment (RCT) using either Thermafil (TF) or lateral condensation (LC) as filling technique, and to compare the time required for the treatment when either filling technique was used...
- The use of MTA in teeth with necrotic pulps and open apices
Department of Endodontics, The University of Florence, Italy
Dent Traumatol 18:217-21. 2002
..MTA appears to be a valid option for apexification with its main advantage being the speed at which the treatment can be completed...
- Comparative study of white and gray mineral trioxide aggregate (MTA) simulating a one- or two-step apical barrier technique
Gary D Matt
Naval Postgraduate Dental School, Bethesda, MD, USA
J Endod 30:876-9. 2004
..01). Results suggested that a 5 mm apical barrier of gray MTA, using two-steps, provided the best apical barrier...
- Sealing efficiency of BeeFill 2in1 and System B/Obtura II versus single-cone and cold lateral compaction techniques
Department of Endodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 108:e51-5. 2009
..The objective of this study was to investigate the sealing properties of 2 warm vertical compaction techniques (BeeFill 2in1, System B/Obtura II) in comparison with single-cone and cold laterally compacted gutta-percha...
- Root canal treatment in general practice in Sudan
M F Ahmed
Department of Conservative Dentistry, University of Khartoum, Khartoum, Sudan
Int Endod J 33:316-9. 2000
..The aim of this study was to evaluate the practice and depth of knowledge of root canal treatment by dental practitioners in Khartoum, the capital city of Sudan, in order to improve the current status of endodontic therapy...
- Periapical status and quality of root fillings and coronal restorations in a Danish population
L L Kirkevang
Department of Oral Radiology, Royal Dental College, University of Aarhus, Aarhus
Int Endod J 33:509-15. 2000
..The aim of this study was to investigate the quality of endodontic and coronal restorations and the association with periapical status in a Danish population...
- Apexification: a review
University of Michigan School of Dentistry, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1078, USA
Dent Traumatol 21:1-8. 2005
..Success rates for calcium hydroxide apexification are high although risks such as reinfection and tooth fracture exist. Prospective clinical trials comparing this and one-visit apexification techniques are required...
- Sealing ability of a new polydimethylsiloxane-based root canal filling material
Ahmet R Ozok
Department of Cariology Endodontology Pedodontology, Academic Center for Dentistry Amsterdam ACTA, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Endod 34:204-7. 2008
..There was no significant difference between RoekoSeal-filled and AH26-filled root canals throughout the experimental period. AH26 showed better sealing ability in root canals than GuttaFlow...
- Relationship between crown placement and the survival of endodontically treated teeth
Steven A Aquilino
Department of Prosthodontics, College of Dentistry, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242 1001, USA
J Prosthet Dent 87:256-63. 2002
..Crowns have been considered the restoration of choice for endodontically treated teeth, but their selection has been based primarily on anecdotal evidence...
- Ion release characteristics, precipitate formation and sealing ability of a phosphate glass-polycaprolactone-based composite for use as a root canal obturation material
UCL Eastman Dental Institute, Unit of Endodontology, Division of Restorative Dental Science, London, UK
Dent Mater 25:400-10. 2009
..The primary goal of the study was to develop a novel polycaprolactone/phosphate glass composite deliverable as a root filling and capable of releasing ionic species to enable a predictable seal in an aqueous environment...
- Intracanal distribution patterns of sealers after lateral condensation
S Ryan Facer
Department of Endodontics, University of Iowa College of Dentistry, Iowa City 52242 1001, USA
J Endod 29:832-4. 2003
..Coverage was better in the coronal. In conclusion, none of the three sealers showed a continuous layer between the primary gutta-percha obturant and the canal wall or in spaces between cones...
- The effect of using an inverted master cone in a lateral compaction technique on the density of the gutta-percha fill
Min Kai Wu
Academic Centre for Dentistry Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherland
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 96:345-50. 2003
..The cross-sectional area of the canal and the gutta-percha were measured by using an image-analysis program. The percentage of gutta-percha-filled area was calculated...
- An in vitro study of coronal microleakage around bonded amalgam coronal-radicular cores in endodontically treated molar teeth
Mark David Howdle
St Ann s Dental Clinic, 14 St Ann s Square, Manchester M2 7HQ, England
Quintessence Int 33:22-9. 2002