oral hygiene index
Summary: A combination of the debris index and the dental calculus index to determine the status of oral hygiene.
Publications196 found, 100 shown here
- Dental and periodontal findings in hemodialysis patientsG Bayraktar
Department of Removable Prosthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Oral Dis 13:393-7. 2007..Oral health problems of chronic renal failure patients can compromise systemic health. This study compared the periodontal and dental health status of patients on hemodialysis (HD) with healthy controls (C)...
- Relationship of socioeconomic background to oral hygiene, gingival status, and dental caries in childrenDafi Quteish Taani
Department of Preventive Dentistry, Jordan University of Science and Technology, Faculty of Dentistry, PO Box 3030, Irbid 22110, Jordan
Quintessence Int 33:195-8. 2002..The aim of this study was to assess the relationship between socioeconomic status and oral hygiene, gingival condition, and dental caries among 12- to 15-year-old children...
- Dental caries and oral hygiene status of school children in Davangere related to their socio-economic levels: an epidemiological studyG M Sogi
Dept of Community Dentistry, Albadar Dental College and Hospital, Gulbarga, Karnataka
J Indian Soc Pedod Prev Dent 20:152-7. 2002..Type III examination was carried out during the survey. DMFcaries Index and Oral Hygiene Index was used to assess caries experience and oral hygiene status...
- The influence of oral hygiene on salivary quality in the Ames Test, as a marker for genotoxic effectsMarc Bloching
ENT Department of Saarland University, Homburg Saar, Germany
Oral Oncol 43:933-9. 2007....
- Oral health status of the visually impaired children--a south Indian studyVabitha Shetty
Department of Pedodontics and Preventive Children Dentistry, A B Shetty Memorial Institute of Dental Sciences, Karnataka, India
J Clin Pediatr Dent 34:213-6. 2010..The oral health of children who are visually impaired can be disadvantaged, since they are often unable to adequately apply the techniques necessary to control plaque...
- Caries experience and oral hygiene status of a group of visually impaired children in Istanbul, TurkeyNural Bekiroglu
Medical School of Marmara University, Istanbul, Turkey
Oral Health Prev Dent 10:75-80. 2012..To evaluate the caries experience, oral hygiene status and oral health knowledge of a group of visually impaired students...
- Oral health status of mentally disabled subjects in IndiaManish Jain
Department of Preventive and Community Dentistry, Darshan Dental College, Udaipur, India
J Oral Sci 51:333-40. 2009..Caries status, oral hygiene status and periodontal status were assessed by DMFT Index, Simplified Oral Hygiene Index (OHI-S) of Greene and Vermillion and Community Periodontal Index, respectively...
- Oral health status in Greek children and teenagers, with disabilitiesA G Mitsea
Department of Oral Diagnosis and Oral Radiology, Dental School, University of Athens, Greece
J Clin Pediatr Dent 26:111-8. 2001..The oral hygiene status is in general, moderate to low-grade, especially in the individuals with mental retardation. The highest rate of malocclusion is observed in the group of individuals with cerebral palsy...
- Analysis of matrix metalloproteinase (MMP-8 and MMP-2) activity in gingival crevicular fluid from children with Down's syndromeT Yamazaki-Kubota
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Tokyo Dental College, 1 2 2 Masago, Mihama ku, Chiba, Japan
J Periodontal Res 45:170-6. 2010..To clarify the relationship between Down's syndrome and periodontitis, we investigated levels of MMP-2 and MMP-8 in gingival crevicular fluid (GCF) and detection of periodontopathic bacteria from subgingival plaque...
- Oral health status of disabled childrenSultana Gul Nahar
Department of Prosthodontics, Dhaka Dental College, University Dental College
Bangladesh Med Res Counc Bull 36:61-3. 2010..Average number of missing tooth was 1.3 in disabled and was 1.0 normal child. The oral hygiene index value was 3 in disabled and 2.47 were in healthy children...
- Nitric oxide concentrations in saliva and dental plaque in relation to caries experience and oral hygieneY Z Bayindir
Department of Conservative Dentistry, Ataturk University, Erzurum, Turkey
Caries Res 39:130-3. 2005..NO concentrations were analyzed by the Griess method in 11 subjects with high DMFT index and simplified oral hygiene index (OHI-S), 11 with low DMFT and OHI-S...
- Clinical evaluation of an ionic tooth brush on oral hygiene status, gingival status, and microbial parameterJ Deshmukh
Department of Periodontics, College of Dental Sciences, Davangere 577004, Karnataka, India
Indian J Dent Res 17:74-7. 2006..There was no soft tissue trauma following the use of both type of toothbrushes, which showed that ionic toothbrushes were equally safe for regular long-term use...
- [Caries and periodontal state of pregnant women. Part I. Caries status]Marta Radnai
Szegedi Tudomanyegyetem, Általános Orvostudományi Kar, Szent Györgyi Albert Orvos és Gyógyszerésztudományi Centrum, Fogorvostudományi Szak
Fogorv Sz 98:53-7. 2005..There was no significant correlation between the number of previous pregnancy and the incidence of caries...
- A systematic review of professional mechanical plaque removal for prevention of periodontal diseasesIan Needleman
International Centre for Evidence Based Oral Health, Eastman Dental Institute, UCL, London, UK
J Clin Periodontol 32:229-82. 2005..To investigate the effect of professional mechanical plaque removal (PMPR) on the prevention of periodontal diseases...
- Dietary and oral hygiene habits in children with type I diabetes mellitus related to dental cariesJolanta Siudikiene
Clinic of Dental and Oral Diseases, Faculty of Odontology, Kaunas University of Medicine, Eiveniu Str 2, Kaunas LT 3007, Lithuania
Stomatologija 7:58-62. 2005....
- Variables associated with oral hygiene levels in 7-year-olds in BelgiumL Martens
Ghent University, Belgium
Community Dent Health 21:4-10. 2004....
- [Oral condition of abstaining alcoholics. A case-control study]Else Hornecker
Abt Zahnerhaltung, Präventive Zahnheilkunde und Parodontologie, Zentrum Zahn, Mund und Kieferheilkunde, Georg August Universitat, Gottingen
Schweiz Monatsschr Zahnmed 113:1281-8. 2003..They also support the assumption that excessive consumption of alcohol may promote the progression of chronic periodontal disease...
- Dental caries, oral hygiene, and oral clearance in children with craniofacial disordersM Ahluwalia
Dental Caries Research Group, Guy s, King s and St Thomas Dental Institute, Caldecot Road, Denmark Hill, London, England SE5 9RW
J Dent Res 83:175-9. 2004..The longer oral clearance times of foods and the consequent generation of fermentable sugars from starches may contribute to the higher caries prevalence observed in children with cleft palates...
- Cleansability of and patients' satisfaction with implant-retained overdentures: a retrospective comparison of two attachment methodsAlberto J Ambard
University of Alabama at Birmingham, School of Dentistry, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 133:1237-42; quiz 1261. 2002..However, no studies have compared overdentures retained by Hader bars (Sterngold, Attleboro, Mass.) and direct ERA attachments (Sterngold) in terms of both cleansability and patients' satisfaction...
- The relationship between juvenile and non-juvenile periodontitis, ABO blood groups and haemoglobin typesM O Arowojolu
Department of Preventive Dentistry, College of Medicine, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria
Afr J Med Med Sci 31:249-52. 2002..There is a need to further investigate the relationship between juvenile periodontitis, ABO blood group and the common haemoglobin types (A, AS, S, C, and SS) at molecular level...
- Dental findings in 4-, 14-, and 25-to 35-year-old Hong Kong residents with mental and physical disabilitiesDavid O Donnell
Faculty of Dentistry, The University of Hong Kong, 2 F Block A, Prince Philip Dental Hospital, 34 Hospital Road, Hong Kong, China
Spec Care Dentist 22:231-4. 2002..Abundant plaque was detected in 1.4% 4 year olds, 17.2% 14 year olds, and 15.8% 25 to 35 year olds. No calculus was observed in the 4 year olds, but 20.2% of 14 year olds had calculus as did 56.3% of the 25 to 35 year olds...
- Increased prevalence of dental caries and poor oral hygiene in juvenile idiopathic arthritisR R Welbury
Glasgow Dental Hospital and School, University of Glasgow and North Glasgow NHS Trust, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 42:1445-51. 2003..This study investigated patients with JIA using standard measures of oral health...
- Oral hygiene and periodontal treatment needs of urban school children compared with that of rural school children in Lagos State. NigeriaO O Sofola
Department of Preventive Dentistry, College of Medicine, University of Lagos, Idi Araba, Lagos, Nigeria
Odontostomatol Trop 26:25-9. 2003..To assess the oral hygiene methods being used by the children in the urban and rural areas studied, the effect on their oral hygiene and the periodontal treatment needs of urban and rural school children...
- Does a clinical evaluation of oral cleanliness correlate with caries incidence in preschool children? Findings from a cohort studyMitsuko Seki
Department of Oral Health Sciences, Nihon University School of Dentistry, Tokyo 101 8310, Japan
J Oral Sci 45:93-8. 2003....
- [Pregnancy and periodontal health. Study of 133 pregnant women]A Ahnoux
Departement de parodontologie, UFR Odonto stomatologique Abldjan
Odontostomatol Trop 26:37-40. 2003..We did not observe the presence of deep pockets periodontal. It emerges of our study that neither the period of pregnancy, nor the parity have influence in the importance of the periodontal hurts...
- Changing oral health status of 6- and 12-year-old schoolchildren in PortugalCésar Mexia de Almeida
Department for Community Dental Health, Faculty of Dental Medicine, University of Lisbon, Portugal
Community Dent Health 20:211-6. 2003....
- Oral hygiene in children with type I diabetes mellitusJolanta Siudikiene
Clinic of Dental and Oral Diseases, Faculty of Odontology, Kaunas University of Medicine, Eiveniu Str 2, Kaunas LT 3007, Lithuania
Stomatologija 7:24-7. 2005..The aim of the study was to evaluate the oral hygiene status in children with type I diabetes mellitus (DM) and in their non-diabetic controls, and to correlate it with the health condition of the gingival tissues...
- The oral health status of dentate patients with chronic renal failure undergoing dialysis therapyC P Bots
Department of Oral Biochemistry, Academic Centre for Dentistry Amsterdam, Vrije Universiteit and Universitiet van Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Oral Dis 12:176-80. 2006..The aim of this study was to compare the oral health status of chronic renal failure (CRF) patients on renal replacement therapy with a matched reference population...
- Periodontal health and its relationship with salivary factors among different age groups in a Saudi populationNajat Farsi
Department of Preventive Dental Sciences, Faculty of Dentistry, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Oral Health Prev Dent 6:147-54. 2008..This study aimed to describe the periodontal condition of children, adolescents and young Saudi adults and to investigate its relationship with salivary variables and oral hygiene status...
- Alterations in HbA1c following minimal or enhanced non-surgical, non-antibiotic treatment of gingivitis or mild periodontitis in type 2 diabetic patients: a pilot trialTheresa E Madden
Auckland University of Technology and Periodontics, Oregon Health and Science University, School of Dentistry, USA
J Contemp Dent Pract 9:9-16. 2008....
- Drooling of saliva and its effect on the oral health status of children with cerebral palsyAmitha M Hegde
Department of Pedodontics and Preventive Children Dentistry, A B Shetty Memorial Institute of Dental Sciences, Derlakatte, Mangalore, Karnatak, India
J Clin Pediatr Dent 32:235-8. 2008..The purpose of this study was to assess the prevalence of drooling in individuals with cerebral palsy and assess the effect these factors have on these individuals oral health...
- Dynamics of pregnant women's oral health status during preventive programmeIngrida Vasiliauskiene
Department of Oral Health and Paediatric Odontology, Kaunas University of Medicine, Luksos Daumanto Str 6, LT 50106 Kaunas, Lithuania
Stomatologija 9:129-36. 2007..The aim of the study was to determine the efficiency of the applied preventive measures during pregnancy and to improve oral health status to pregnant women...
- Dental caries pattern and predisposing oral hygiene related factors in Nigerian preschool childrenA Sowole
Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria
Eur Arch Paediatr Dent 8:206-10. 2007....
- Long-term periodontal status of patients with mandibular lingual fixed retentionN Pandis
Private Practice, Corfu
Eur J Orthod 29:471-6. 2007..They also emphasize the importance of individual variability and cautious application of retention protocols after a thorough consideration of issues related to the anatomy of tissues and oral hygiene...
- Enamel Demineralization during Fixed Orthodontic Treatment - Incidence and Correlation to Various Oral-hygiene ParametersSylvia Lovrov
Universitat Erlangen Nurnberg, Zahnklinik 3 Kieferorthopädie, Glückstr 11, 91054, Erlangen, Germany
J Orofac Orthop 68:353-63. 2007....
- Psychosocial, behavioural and oral health indicators--review of the literatureE Lenčová
Institute of Dental Research, First Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, General Teaching Hospital, Prague, Czech Republic
Prague Med Rep 107:305-16. 2006..The paper also specifies the type of research that is needed in this branch of the preventive dentistry...
- Provision of mouth-care in long-term care facilities: an educational trialM I MacEntee
Division of Prosthodontics and Dental Geriatrics, Department of Oral Health Sciences, Faculty of Dentistry, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 35:25-34. 2007..This randomized clinical trial aimed to assess the effectiveness of a pyramid-based education for improving the oral health of elders in long-term care (LTC) facilities...
- Periodontal status and oral hygiene in two populations of cleft patientsMagdalena Stec
Department of Orthodontics, University of Erlanger Nuremberg, Erlanger, Germany
Cleft Palate Craniofac J 44:73-8. 2007..To evaluate and compare the oral hygiene and periodontal status in children with unilateral and bilateral cleft lip and palate treated in Łódź, Poland, and Erlangen, Germany...
- Oral cleanliness of 12-13-year-old and 15-year-old school children of Sunsari District, NepalR Yee
Oral Health Programme, United Mission to Nepal and Oral Health Unit, Department of Health Service, Ministry of Health, His Majesty s Government, Nepal
J Indian Soc Pedod Prev Dent 24:146-51. 2006..12-13-year-old and 600 15-year-old school children were examined by trained examiners using the simplified oral hygiene index (OHI-S)...
- The significance of supragingival plaque accumulation in periodontal diseaseU Van der Velden
Department of Periodontology, Academic Centre for Dentistry ACTA, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Dent Hyg 4:11-4; discussion 50-2. 2006
- Introducing a clinical-behavioural scoring system for children's oral hygieneCarlo E Medina-Solis
Centro de Investigación en Sistemas de Salud del Instituto Nacional de Salud Pública, Cuenavaca, Mexico
Rev Salud Publica (Bogota) 8:14-24. 2006..Developing and testing a clinical-behavioural scoring system for assessing children's oral hygiene...
- Oral health status of children with treacher Collins syndromeGisele da Silva Dalben
Community Dentistry Sector, Hospital for Rehabilitation of Craniofacial Anomalies, University of Sao Paulo, Bauru, SP, Brazil
Spec Care Dentist 26:71-5; quiz 85-7. 2006..Caretakers should be informed of the importance of oral health and oral hygiene and encouraged to take responsibility for the oral care of the children living at home...
- Improvement of oral health knowledge in a group of visually impaired studentsSebnem Ercalik Yalcinkaya
Department of Oral Diagnosis and Radiology, Faculty of Dentistry, Marmara University, Istanbul Turkey
Oral Health Prev Dent 4:243-53. 2006..The aim of this study was to evaluate the effectiveness of a repeated oral health education programme on oral health knowledge and hygiene of visually impaired students...
- Caries experience in relation to oral hygiene, salivary cariogenic microflora, buffer capacity and secretion rate in 6-year olds and 12 year olds in RigaJekaterina Gudkina
Conservative Dentistry Department, Dzirciema str 20, Institute of Stomatology, Riga Stradins University, Riga, Latvia
Stomatologija 10:76-80. 2008....
- [Effective of preventive programs on oral hygiene of adults and school children]S Zimmer
Gesundheitswesen 63:98-101. 2001..It is therefore concluded that children should be educated to oral self-care by including their parents and by taking their status of psychological development into account...
- Relationship between oral hygiene practices and oral status in dentate elderly people living in residential homesD Simons
Dental Department, Principal Health Centre, Civic Close, St Albans, Hertfordshire, AL1 3LA, UK
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 29:464-70. 2001..005), PI and GI (P<0.0001). CONCLUSION: The elderly residents' perceived need for assistance with oral hygiene was related directly to oral hygiene status and to clinical indicators of mucosal and dental diseases...
- Oral health of 12-year-old Bangladeshi childrenMohammad Shafi Ullah
Dhaka Dental College and Hospital, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
Acta Odontol Scand 60:117-22. 2002..A Correlation matrix analyzing the most influential independent variables indicated that sex and oral hygiene seemed to have an independent effect, whereas a web of social factors interfered with the use of dental services' variable...
- Trends in oral hygiene, gingival status and dental caries experience in 13-14-year-old Jordanian school children between 1993 and 1999D Q Taani
Department of Preventive Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Jordan University of Science and Technology, Irbid
Int Dent J 51:447-50. 2001..01). No differences were found between M and F values of both groups. It is concluded that oral hygiene, gingival condition and dental caries has improved since 1993...
- Oral health in adolescents from a small French townM Weissenbach
, Nancy, France
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 23:147-54. 1995..For DS, only toothbrushing, MS and sweet drinks during meals had a significant part. DMFS and DMFT were explained only by MS and age. CS was explained by MS, age, salivary buffer pH, salivary flow rate, and toothbrushing...
- Dental health in a group of drug addicts in ItalyI F Angelillo
Institute of Hygiene, Medical School, University of Reggio Calabria, Catanzaro, Italy
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 19:36-7. 1991..9 and 36.2, respectively; mean Periodontal Index (PI) and mean Simplified Oral Hygiene Index (OHI-S) scores were 1.37 and 1.71, respectively...
- Oral health status of heroin users in a rehabilitation centre in Hubei province, ChinaM Du
Department of Preventive Dentistry, College and Hospital of Stomatology, Hubei Medical University, Wuhan City, PR China
Community Dent Health 18:94-8. 2001..Mucosal lesions were not widely prevalent. Both social factors and characteristics of drug use were related to oral health in this group...
- Comparative study of oral health status between Scottish and Japanese schoolchildren aged 6-11 yearsM Yonemitsu
Department of Preventive Dentistry and Public Health, Faculty of Dentistry, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Japan
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 20:354-8. 1992..Gingivitis (PMA positive rate) was higher in Fife than in Motoyoshi, and it was also noted that Fife children were less independent than Motoyoshi children in their daily behaviour...
- Dental caries and oral hygiene status of 13-14 year old school children of DavangereG Sogi
Department of Community Chemistry, Bapuji Dental College and Hospital, Davangere
J Indian Soc Pedod Prev Dent 19:113-7. 2001..37) than males (2.94). There was no significant difference in the mean values of OHI (S). The overall prevalence of dental caries was found to be higher among 14-year-old children compared to 13 year children...
- Effect of posterior crown margin placement on gingival healthBernd Reitemeier
Department of Prosthetic Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Technical University of Dresden, Dresden, Germany
J Prosthet Dent 87:167-72. 2002..The clinical impact of posterior crown margin placement on gingival health has not been thoroughly quantified...
- Oral health status of adult population in Athens, GreeceT Athanassouli
Department of Community Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, School of Health Sciences, University of Athens, Greece
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 18:82-4. 1990..The mean values of oral hygiene index varied from 1.60 +/- 1.05 to 1.97 +/- 1.42 in different age groups...
- Six-month comparison of powered versus manual toothbrushing for safety and efficacy in the absence of professional instruction in mechanical plaque controlAndrew R Dentino
Marquette School of Dentistry, Milwaukee, WI 53201 1881, USA
J Periodontol 73:770-8. 2002..The aim was to determine if the oscillating-rotating powered brush (PB) could safely provide clinical benefits over and above a manual brush (M) in subjects with no formal instruction or experience in powered brush use...
- Oral status among seniors in nine nursing homes in Styria, AustriaChristine Gluhak
Clinical Department of Oral Surgery and Radiology, School of Dentistry, Medical University Graz, Graz, Austria
Gerodontology 27:47-52. 2010..To investigate the oral state in participants cared for in residences for senior citizens in Styria, Austria...
- Oral hygiene and periodontal status among Terapanthi Svetambar Jain monks in IndiaManish Jain
Department of Preventive and Community Dentistry, Darshan Dental College and Hospital, Udaipur, Rajasthan, India 313001
Braz Oral Res 23:370-6. 2009..Oral hygiene status was assessed by the Simplified Oral Hygiene Index (OHI-S) of Greene, Vermillion14 (1964), and periodontal status was assessed by the Community Periodontal ..
- Parameters affecting tooth loss during periodontal maintenance in a Greek populationAlexandra Tsami
Department of Periodontics, School of Dentistry, University of Athens, Greece
J Am Dent Assoc 140:1100-7. 2009..The authors conducted a retrospective study to evaluate the rate of tooth loss and to explore the parameters that affect tooth loss during MP in a Greek population...
- Infantile reflexes and their effects on dental caries and oral hygiene in cerebral palsy individualsM T B R Dos Santos
The Discipline of Dentistry, Persons with Disabilities Division, Universidade Cruzeiro do Sul, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Oral Rehabil 32:880-5. 2005..according to WHO (Oral health surveys: basic methods, WHO, Geneva, 1997) and oral hygiene using the oral hygiene index proposed by Greene and Vermillion (J Am Dent Assoc, 1964, 68, 7)...
- Caries and oral hygiene in children in postwar Novi Travnik (Bosnia and Herzegovina) and Zabok (Croatia)Bernard Janković
Department of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dental Medicine, University of Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia
Coll Antropol 28:439-45. 2004..OHI-S (Simplified Oral Hygiene Index by Green-Vermillion) and DMF (Decayed, Missing, Filled) index were used as main outcome measures...
- Oral health status and effectiveness of caries prevention programme in kindergartens in Kaunas city (Lithuania)Vilija Andruskeviciene
Department of Oral Health and Pediatric Odontology, Kaunas University of Medicine, Luksos Daumanto 6, LT 50106 Kaunas, Lithuania
Oral Health Prev Dent 6:343-8. 2008..To describe oral health status and to evaluate the effectiveness of a caries prevention programme in preschool children...
- Epidemiology and preventive direction of periodontology in ChinaQin Tao Wang
Fourth Military Medical University, Xian, Shannxi, China
J Clin Periodontol 34:946-51. 2007..The aim of this work was to estimate the present periodontal problems of people in China, based on an epidemiological investigation of adults...
- Evaluation of the oral health situation of a group of Egyptian haemophilic children and their re-evaluation following an oral hygiene and diet education programmeN Kabil
Department of Paediatric Dentistry, University of Ain Shams, Cairo, Egypt
Haemophilia 13:287-92. 2007..the control group (n = 30). The oral hygiene index simplified (OHI-S) index was used for baseline data and at the end of the study, while DMFS and defs were ..
- Effect of periodontal therapy on pregnancy outcome in women affected by periodontitisFouzia Tarannum
Department of Periodontics, M R Ambedkar Dental College and Hospital, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
J Periodontol 78:2095-103. 2007..This study determined the effect of non-surgical periodontal therapy on pregnancy outcome...
- Oro-dental manifestations in Hallopeau-Siemens-type recessive dystrophic epidermolysis bullosaM De Benedittis
Department of Odontostomatology and Surgery, School of Dentistry, University of Bari, Bari, Italy
Clin Exp Dermatol 29:128-32. 2004..risk of developing high caries indices with early onset, both for permanent or deciduous teeth, and a worse oral hygiene index (scored as OHI)...
- Tooth-brushing behaviour in 6-12 year oldsAnna Sandström
Department of Odontology, Paediatric Dentistry, Faculty of Medicine, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
Int J Paediatr Dent 21:43-9. 2011..A common clinical finding is that many schoolchildren display a nonacceptable oral hygiene...
- Incidence of caries in children of rural and subrural areas in CroatiaHrvoje Jurić
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, School of Dental Medicine, University of Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia
Coll Antropol 32:131-6. 2008..The clinical finding comprised the dental status, amount of stimulated saliva, oral hygiene index and the presence of orthodontic anomaly...
- Mucositis prevention by improved dental care in acute leukemia patientsMilanko Djuric
Clinic for Dentistry, Faculty of Medicine, Hajduk Veljkova 12, 21000, Novi Sad, Serbia and Montenegro
Support Care Cancer 14:137-46. 2006..The aim of the present study was to evaluate the effects of the intensive dental care protocol in preventing oral complications in acute leukemia patients...
- Dental caries and ear infections in preschool-aged childrenSuchitra Nelson
Department of Community Dentistry, School of Dental Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106 4905, USA
Oral Health Prev Dent 3:165-71. 2005..The purpose of this case-control study was to assess the association between ear infection and dental caries...
- Periodontal disease and oral hygiene benefits in HIV seropositive and AIDS patientsSilvinha S S Lemos
Department of Oral Pathology, School of Dentistry, Universidade Federal de Goias, Goiania, Goias, Brazil
Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal 15:e417-21. 2010..The frequency of gingival and periodontal disease in HIV-seropositive and AIDS patients was investigated in order to evaluate the oral hygiene benefits of using mechanical therapy...
- Oral hygiene, gingivitis, and periodontitis in persons with Down syndromeRubén López-Pérez
Department of Dental Public Health, Dental School, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, D F, Mexico
Spec Care Dentist 22:214-20. 2002..Researchers determined the Simplified Oral Hygiene Index, Gingival Index, and measured the level of gingival attachment for each participant...
- Evaluating periodontal conditions in patients with von Willebrand's disease in Hospital Universitario de Maracaibo (University Hospital, Maracaibo)-VenezuelaMarisol Benito Urdaneta
La Universidad de Zulia, Venezuela
Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal 13:E303-6. 2008..To evaluate the periodontal conditions of patients with von Willebrand's Disease (vWD who went for dental examination in the "Area of attention to patients with systemic disease" of the University Hospital in Maracaibo, Venezuela...
- [Periodontal status and diabetes: evaluation of 80 patients with diabetes mellitus in Conakry Teaching Hospital]N M Balde
Service d endocrinologie, Hôpital de Donka, CHU de Conakry
Dakar Med 52:185-9. 2007..The objective of this study was to assess periodontal conditions in a population of diabetics followed in a hospital environment by comparing them with non diabetics...
- Trends in periodontal health among 35-year-olds in Oslo, 1973-2003Rasa Skudutyte-Rysstad
University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
J Clin Periodontol 34:867-72. 2007..The aim of the present study was to describe trends in periodontal health and oral hygiene using data available from four epidemiological studies on 35-year-olds in Oslo performed from 1973 to 2003...
- [A survey on the periodontal status in type 2 diabetic patients]Jian Quan Zhang
Department of Periodontology, School of Stomatology, China Medical University, Shenyang 110002, China
Zhonghua Kou Qiang Yi Xue Za Zhi 44:668-71. 2009..To investigate the type 2 diabetic patient's periodontal condition and to analyze the influencing factors of periodontitis...
- Ethyl cellulose and polyethylene glycol-based sustained-release sparfloxacin chip: an alternative therapy for advanced periodontitisV Parthasarathy
Institute of Pharmaceutical Technology, Annamalai University, Annamalai Nagar, 608 002 Tamil Nadu, India
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 28:849-62. 2002..In this clinical study, the baseline and follow-up measurements of various clinical indices, such as oral hygiene index(es), plaque index, sulcular depth component of periodontal disease index, gingival crevicular fluid flow ..
- An evaluation of a commercial chewing gum in combination with normal toothbrushing for reducing dental plaque and gingivitisN C Sharma
BioSci Research Canada, Ltd, Ontario, Canada
Compend Contin Educ Dent 22:13-7. 2001..Lobene's Mean Gingivitis Index scores were equally significant: a nearly 10% decline for the test group compared to almost 2% for the control group. This article describes the 4-week study and its promising results...
- The oral health of individuals with dementia in nursing homesHelen Adam
Halton Primary Care Trust, Cheshire, UK
Gerodontology 23:99-105. 2006..To determine if moderate to severe dementia has an effect on the oral health of individuals resident in nursing homes...
- Oral and periodontal manifestations associated with systemic sclerosis: A case series and reviewRekha Jagadish
Department of Periodontics, Vokkaligara Sangha Dental College and Hospital, Bangalore, India
J Indian Soc Periodontol 16:271-4. 2012..patient's informed consent, relevant medical history, oral manifestations including periodontal findings and oral hygiene index simplified index were recorded...
- Oral health status of southern Chinese following head and neck irradiation therapy for nasopharyngeal carcinomaE Schwarz
Faculty of Dentistry, University of Hong Kong, China
J Dent 27:21-8. 1999..To investigate the oral health status of patients with nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC) after completion of radiotherapy...
- Oral hygiene measures and the periodontal status of school childrenK A Kolawole
Department of Child Dental Health, Faculty of Dentistry, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, Nigeria
Int J Dent Hyg 9:143-8. 2011..Tooth brushing and other mechanical cleaning procedures are considered the most reliable methods of effective plaque removal, which is essential for prevention of periodontal diseases...
- Effectiveness of a sonic toothbrush in maintenance of dental implants. A prospective studyL Wolff
University of Minnesota School of Dentistry, Division of Periodontology, Minneapolis 55455, USA
J Clin Periodontol 25:821-8. 1998..It is concluded that sonic brushing is an effective means of dental implant maintenance...
- Relationship between lactate dehydrogenase activity in saliva and oral health statusVíctor Alonso De La Peña
School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Santiago de Compostela, Entrerríos, s n 15782 Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Arch Oral Biol 52:911-5. 2007..The aim of this study was to determine LDH activity in saliva, assessing inter-individual variations with regard to the oral health status...
- Oral health status of rural-urban migrant children in South ChinaXiao Li Gao
Dental Public Health, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Int J Paediatr Dent 21:58-67. 2011..In China, there is a massive rural-urban migration and the children of migrants are often unregistered residents (a 'floating population')...
- Genetic sensitivity to the bitter taste of 6-n propylthiouracil: a new risk determinant for dental caries in childrenS Rupesh
Department of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry, Rajah Muthiah Dental College and Hospital, Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu, India
J Indian Soc Pedod Prev Dent 24:63-8. 2006..001). After all associated factors (age, gender, race, number of teeth and OHI-S) were controlled; multiple linear regression analyses revealed that taste was the only variable significantly related to overall caries experience...
- Oral health in older patients with oropharyngeal dysphagiaOmar Ortega
Hospital de Mataró Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Unitat d Exploracions Funcionals Digestives, Mataro, Barcelona, Spain
Age Ageing 43:132-7. 2014..oropharyngeal dysphagia (OD), aspiration and poor oral health status are potential risk factors in elderly patients with aspiration pneumonia (AP)...
- Dental neglect and dental health among 26-year-olds in the Dunedin Multidisciplinary Health and Development StudyW M Thomson
Department of Oral Health, School of Dentistry, Dunedin, New Zealand
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 28:414-8. 2000..To test a modification of a previously-reported six-item dental neglect scale and examine its association with dental health and service-use among young adults...
- Chairside evaluation of pH-lowering activity and lactic acid production of dental plaque: correlation with caries experience and incidence in preschool childrenKoichi Shimizu
Shimizu Pediatric Dental Clinic, Shizuoka, Shizuoka Prefecture, Japan
Quintessence Int 39:151-8. 2008..Moreover, this study examined the association of these 2 factors with caries experience on oral examination and with caries activity by following caries incidence for 4 years in a group of preschool children...
- The periodontal treatment needs of Libyan school children in Kufra and TobrukSalem H Abu Fanas
Department of Surgical Sciences, Faculty of Dentistry, Ajman University of Science and Technology, Ajman, United Arab Emirates
J Int Acad Periodontol 10:45-9. 2008..This study was designed to examine the oral hygiene and periodontal status in a large sample of Libyan school children and to establish baseline data for further studies...
- The features of degenerative diseases and their association with the loss of teeth in the elderly of East Jakarta (Indonesia)Janti Sudiono
Faculty of Dentistry, Trisakti University, Jakarta, Indonesia
Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 39:184-9. 2008..Oral hygiene condition was based on OHI-S (oral hygiene index simplified) index. The most common degenerative disease was hypertension (45.5%). DM was found a few (3.6%)...
- Oral health protocol for the dependent institutionalized elderlyJose Antonio Gil-Montoya
School of Dentistry, Granada University, Department of Special Care in Dentistry and Gerodontology, Granada City, Spain
Geriatr Nurs 27:95-101. 2006..This type of protocol should include regular collaboration with dental professionals and provide a program of continuous training for nursing staff on oral health issues...
- Mandibular overdentures supported by 6-mm dental implants: a 1-year prospective cohort studyFelix Guljé
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, and Center for Dental Implants De Mondhoek, Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Clin Implant Dent Relat Res 14:e59-66. 2012..The extremely resorbed edentulous mandible, with a bone height of 8 mm or less, is still a challenge in implant dentistry. Recently, dental implants of 6 mm in length have been developed...
- Oral hygiene status and occlusal characteristics of orthodontic patients at University College Hospital, Ibadan, NigeriaC O Onyeaso
Orthodontic Unit, Department of Preventive Dentistry, College of Medicine University College Hospital, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria
Odontostomatol Trop 26:24-8. 2003..Oral hygiene status was assessed using Greene and Vermillion simplified oral hygiene index while occlusal characteristics were assessed using Angle's classification of malocclusion and Jackson's ..
- A clinical and radiographic evaluation of stainless steel crowns for primary molarsAly A Sharaf
Faculty of Dentistry, Pediatric Dentistry Department, King Abdulaziz University, P O Box 80209, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
J Dent 32:27-33. 2004..This study was performed to evaluate clinically and radiographically the effect of stainless steel crowns placed on primary molars on gingival and bone structures...
- Caries experience and oral cleanliness in cystic fibrosis homozygotes and heterozygotesJohan K M Aps
Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 93:560-3. 2002....
- Effect of electric toothbrush on residents' oral hygiene: a randomized clinical trial in nursing homesKatrine G Fjeld
Faculty of Dentistry, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Eur J Oral Sci 122:142-8. 2014..Oral examinations were performed to measure dental hygiene, using the Oral Hygiene Index-Simplified (OHI-S). Both groups received the same instructions for use...
- [Resin infiltration of white spot lesions during the fixed orthodontic appliance therapy]A Ogodescu
Disciplina de Pedodonţie Ortodonţie, Facultatea de Medicina Dentara, Universitatea de Medicină si Farmacie Victor Babeş Timişoara
Rev Med Chir Soc Med Nat Iasi 115:1251-7. 2011..To investigate the evolution of resin infiltrated white spot lesions (WSLs) during 10 month of fixed orthodontic appliance therapy using the photographic examination method...
- Periodontal therapy may reduce the risk of preterm low birth weight in women with periodontal disease: a randomized controlled trialNestor J Lopez
Department of Conservative Dentistry, Section of Periodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Chile, Santiago
J Periodontol 73:911-24. 2002..A randomized controlled trial was undertaken to help further evaluate the proposed association between periodontal disease and PLBW...
- Oral health knowledge, practice, oral hygiene status, and dental caries prevalence among visually impaired children in BangaloreS T Prashanth
Department of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry, V S Dental College and Hospital, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
J Indian Soc Pedod Prev Dent 29:102-5. 2011..Visually impaired children daily face challenges for bearing their everyday skills. Maintenance of proper oral hygiene is one among them...
- Periodontal treatment needs in a follow-up study among adults with diabetes in FinlandAija Karikoski
Department of Oral Public Health, Institute of Dentistry, University of Helsinki, Finland
Acta Odontol Scand 61:6-10. 2003..In diabetes care, the common risk factor approach can be implemented to promote oral health among individuals with diabetes...
- TREATING PERIODONTAL INFECTION: GLYCEMIC CONTROLGeorge Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- A Unified Surgical Instrument System for Periodontal Minimally Invasive SurgerySTEPHEN HARREL; Fiscal Year: 2007..The resulting system, based on the surgical consultants evaluations and scores, will be used in a Phase 2 multicenter controlled clinical evaluation of MIS. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Periodontal Therapy: Effects on Glycemic Control in Community Health CentersGeorge Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- World Workshop in Oral Medicine IVPeter Lockhart; Fiscal Year: 2005..The proceedings will be published as evidence-based recommendations for best clinical practice in Oral Medicine as well as providing suggestions for future basic science and clinical research. ..
- Intervention Planning to Reduce Nursing Home PneumoniaVincent Quagliarello; Fiscal Year: 2005..A feasible and effective intervention for pneumonia prevention will hold great promise in reducing clinical morbidity and costs among this vulnerable population of citizens. ..
- Diabetes Associations with Caries and Tooth LossGeorge Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2005..Results may also impact on existing clinical practice protocols, and promote new public policy in matters related to diabetes. ..
- BEHAVIORAL DYSREGULATION: LIABILITY TO DRUG ABUSEAda Mezzich; Fiscal Year: 2004..However, this K02 project proposes to study the subjects at ages 10-12, 12-14, and 16. ..
- IMPACT OF CHILD NEGLECT IN SUBSTANCE ABUSE FAMILIESAda Mezzich; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Bacteremia from Dental Extraction vs. Oral HygienePeter Lockhart; Fiscal Year: 2004..Additionally, we will have unique and critical data for the development of both future research and evidence-based guidelines concerning antibiotic prophylaxis for individuals currently felt to be at risk for DSI. ..
- New Phosphated Polymers Prevent Microbial ColonizationAndrew Dentino; Fiscal Year: 2009..The use of these new polymers could improve the oral health of a significant population of prosthesis users. The phosphated PMMA polymers could have great potential for clinical and commercial applications. ..