- [Calculus removal efficiency and injury potential of vertically oscillating metallic and carbon ultrasonic tips]
Felix H F Naef
Klinik für Präventivzahnmedizin, Parodontologie und Kariologie, Universitat Zurich
Schweiz Monatsschr Zahnmed 114:1116-23. 2004
..These findings were confirmed by micromorphological SEM analysis. In view of these results, the repeated use of these carbon fiber inserts during periodonatal sustaining therapy cannot be recommended...
- Cutting characteristics of dental diamond burs made with CVD technology
Luciana Monti Lima
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, School of Dentistry of Araraquara, Sao Paulo State University
Braz Oral Res 20:155-61. 2006
..The direction of handpiece motion did not influence the size of the cavities, and the CVD burs produced precise and conservative cutting...
- Using chemomechanically assisted diamond bur cutting for improved efficiency
J Anthony von Fraunhofer
Department of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of Maryland, Baltimore 21201, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 134:53-8; quiz 118. 2003
..Surface active agents added to handpiece coolants enhance bur cutting rates, or CRs, through chemomechanical effects, or CMEs. The authors evaluate the effect of CMEs on long-term cutting by diamond burs...
- Heat generated by residual adhesive removal after debonding of brackets
Department of Orthodontics, Vienna University Dental School, Vienna, Austria
World J Orthod 7:357-60. 2006
..To measure the rise in temperature during mechanical removal of residual adhesive after debonding of brackets in vitro...
- Microleakage of class V resin composite restorations after bur, air-abrasion or Er:YAG laser preparation
S A Corona
, , Departamento de Odontologia Restauradora, Brazil
Oper Dent 26:491-7. 2001
..However, at the cervical margins, there was a significant difference (p<0.05) between Group I and the remaining groups. None of the techniques completely eliminated marginal microleakage at the dentin/ cementum margins...
- Defects in GT rotary instruments after use: an SEM study
T R Tripi
Cattedra di Odontoiatria Conservatrice, Corso di Laurea in Odontoiatria e Protesi Dentaria, , Italy
J Endod 27:782-5. 2001
..The behavior of GT Rotary instruments with usage seems to be different, compared with that found in other instruments...
- Cutting on triangle mesh: local model-based haptic display for dental preparation surgery simulation
Robotics Institute, Beihang University, No 37 Xueyuan Road, Haidian District, Beijing, PR China
IEEE Trans Vis Comput Graph 11:671-83. 2005
..An experiment based on the Phantom desktop proves that fidelity in one-dimensional cutting can be realized and stability in three-dimensional cutting can be ensured using the force-filtering method...
- In vitro comparison of the cutting efficiency and temperature production of 10 different rotary cutting instruments. Part I: Turbine
Division of Prosthodontics, Eastman Dental Center, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14620, USA
J Prosthet Dent 101:248-61. 2009
..Therefore, rotary cutting instruments for crown preparation are generally marketed with weak or unsupported claims of superior performance...
- Fluorescence-controlled Er:YAG laser for caries removal in permanent teeth: a randomized clinical trial
Department of Periodontology, Operative and Preventive Dentistry, University Hospital Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Eur J Oral Sci 116:170-6. 2008
..Although more time consuming, laser treatment provided higher patient comfort than bur treatment...
- Influence of Er:YAG laser on microhardness of enamel adjacent to restorations submitted to cariogenic challenge in situ
Daniela T Chimello
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Ribeirao Preto School of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Photomed Laser Surg 26:379-85. 2008
..This study assessed the effect of the Er:YAG laser on enamel adjacent to restorations submitted to cariogenic challenge in situ, by microhardness analysis...
- Thermal changes observed at implant sites during internal and external irrigation
Ian C Benington
Division of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Queen s University, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland
Clin Oral Implants Res 13:293-7. 2002
- Heat generation during implant drilling: the significance of motor speed
Oral Biology Anatomy, School of Dentistry, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta 30912, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 60:1160-9. 2002
..The purpose of this study was to measure the heat generated from 3 drilling speeds (1,225, 1,667, and 2,500 rpm) using the armamentarium of 4 implant systems...
- Computerized navigation surgery for the safe placement of palatal implants
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Hebrew University Hadassah, Faculty of Dental Medicine, Jerusalem, Israel
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 131:S100-5. 2007
..The merits of this approach are particularly important for patients with limited palatal bone when implant placement requires high surgical precision...
- Comparison of operative procedure variables on pulpal viability in an ex vivo model
P E Murray
Department of Endodontics, College of Dental Medicine, Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33328, USA
Int Endod J 41:389-400. 2008
..To measure and compare the responses of pulp tissue to cavity preparation and restoration variables using a novel tooth slice culture model...
- In vitro effectiveness of a chemo-mechanical method for caries removal
Department of Paediatric and Preventive Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Belgrade, Belgrade, Serbia
Eur J Paediatr Dent 8:61-7. 2007
..The aim of the study was to assess the efficacy of chemo-mechanical method for caries removal based on histological analysis and scanning electron microscopy of dentine samples...
- Dental burs--what bur for which application? A survey of dental schools
S C Siegel
Department of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of Maryland, Baltimore 21201, USA
J Prosthodont 8:258-63. 1999
..The purpose of this study was to survey North American dental schools regarding recommendations for rotary instrumentation for fixed prosthodontic and operative procedures at the predoctoral and postgraduate level...
- [Cavity micro-morphology following caries removal]
Klinik für Zahnerhaltung, Universitat Bern
Schweiz Monatsschr Zahnmed 115:896-902. 2005
..The relative incidence in which these textures occur may indicate whether the removed dentin was rather cut or fractured...
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus and infection control for restorative dental treatment in nursing homes
David L Hall
The Ohio State University College of Dentistry, Section of Primary Care, 305 W 12th Ave 186, Columbus, OH 43218, USA
Spec Care Dentist 23:100-7. 2003
..There was no indication of a special tendency or heightened ability of MRSA to aerosolize...
- Effects of rotary instrumentation and different etchants on removal of smear layer on human dentin
M F Ayad
College of Dentistry, University of Tanta, Tanta, Egypt
J Prosthet Dent 85:67-72. 2001
..Various methods of rotary preparation and conditioning of teeth affect surface topography and may affect the retention of dental restorations...
- A pilot investigation of enamel reduction procedures
P Emile Rossouw
Baylor College of Dentistry, Dallas, Texas 75246, USA
J Can Dent Assoc 69:384-8. 2003
..To test and describe the use of various combinations of mechanical and chemical techniques for enamel reduction to obtain a smooth surface...
- Surgical factors influencing mesiodistal implant angulation
Department of Oral Surgery and Radiology, School of Dentistry, Medical University of Graz, Graz, Austria
Clin Oral Implants Res 19:265-70. 2008
..The aim of this experimental study was to identify relevant surgical parameters influencing the mesiodistal angular deviation of dental implants...
- Cervicofacial and mediastinal emphysema complicating a dental procedure
Andrew J Mather
Health Science Centre, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery GC308, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB R3A 1R9
J Can Dent Assoc 72:565-8. 2006
..In this paper, we present a case in which subcutaneous emphysema developed in a middle-aged woman following routine restorative treatment. We review the features of the condition and its treatment and discuss means of prevention...
- A reconstructed computerized tomographic comparison of Ni-Ti rotary GT files versus traditional instruments in canals shaped by novice operators
A H Gluskin
Department of Endodontics, University of the Pacific School of Dentistry, San Francisco, California 94115, USA
Int Endod J 34:476-84. 2001
..The aim of this study was to compare the effects of preparation with conventional stainless steel Flexofiles and Gates Glidden burs versus nickel-titanium GT rotary files in the shaping of mesial root canals of extracted mandibular molars...
- An in vitro comparison of marginal microleakage of alternative restorative treatment and conventional glass ionomer restorations in extracted permanent molars
Department of Preventive and Restorative Sciences, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Pediatr Dent 29:303-7. 2007
..The objective of this study was to compare the marginal leakage of cervical restorations made using alternative restorative treatment (ART) and conventional glass ionomer restorations...
- In vitro rapid intraoral adjustment of porcelain prostheses using a high-speed dental handpiece
Xiao Fei Song
School of Mechanical Engineering, Tianjin University, Tianjin 300072, China
Acta Biomater 4:414-24. 2008
..Clinicians must be cautious when pursuing rapid dental adjustments, because high operational energy, larger forces and severe surface and subsurface damage can be induced...
- Guidelines for contemporary air-rotor stripping
Jacksonville University School of Orthodontics, 2800 University Blvd N, Jacksonville, FL 32211, USA
J Clin Orthod 41:315-20. 2007
- Temperature rise in the pulp chamber during different stripping procedures
Department of Orthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Erciyes University, Kayseri, Turkey
Angle Orthod 77:478-82. 2007
..To measure the temperature changes in the pulp chamber when different stripping procedures were used without any type of coolant...
- Microleakage study of different adhesive systems in Class V cavities prepared by Er,Cr:YSGG laser and bur preparation
Ege University School of Dentistry, Department of Restorative Dentistry, Izmir, Turkey
Gen Dent 55:27-32. 2007
..05). Both self-etch and total-etch adhesive systems demonstrated acceptable microleakage scores when used on Er,Cr:YSGG laser-prepared cavities; however, additional acid etching after Er,Cr:YSGG laser preparation is recommended...
- Influence of the use of Er:YAG laser for cavity preparation and surface treatment in microleakage of resin-modified glass ionomer restorations
Michelle A Chinelatti
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Ribeirao Preto Dental School, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Oper Dent 29:430-6. 2004
..05). It may be concluded that the use of Er:YAG laser for cavity preparation and surface treatment negatively affected the marginal sealing of resin-modified glass ionomer restorations...
- Chemomechanical caries removal in children: efficacy and efficiency
Mathilde C Peters
Department of Cardiology and Restorative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 1078, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 137:1658-66; quiz 1729-30. 2006
..The authors also compare CMCR with TM to determine if it had a higher efficacy and could be used more frequently without the subject's having to undergo local anesthesia...
- Effect of rotary instrumentation on composite bond strength with simulated pulpal pressure
Department of Operative Dentistry and Endodontics, Government Dental College, Haryana, India
Oper Dent 31:188-96. 2006
..Therefore, selecting an appropriate bur and its speed may improve bonding for adhesive systems, although crosscut fissure carbide burs produced high bond strengths at either speed used...
- Use of CVDentUS diamond tips for ultrasound in cavity preparation
Julie Ceolin Predebon
Dental Research Center at São Leopoldo Mandic, Campinas SP, Brazil
J Contemp Dent Pract 7:50-8. 2006
..The aim of this study was to evaluate the use of CVDentUS tips for preparing cavities with ultrasound by dentists certified to use the Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD) system...
- SEM and profilometric evaluation of enamel surface after air rotor stripping--an in vitro study
Department of Dentofacial Orthopedics and Orthodontics, Individual Laboratory of Facial Growth Defects, Wrocław Medical University, Poland
Acta Bioeng Biomech 9:11-7. 2007
..Contact fluoridation and improved oral hygiene after ARS appear to be necessary because of the presence of areas of increased roughness on evaluated surfaces...
- The thrill of the drill
CDS Rev 100:24. 2007
- Use of coolant for high-speed tooth preparation: a survey of pediatric dentistry residency program directors in the United States
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, UMDNJ New Jersey Dental School, Newark, NJ, USA
Pediatr Dent 32:212-7. 2010
..To determine current teaching policies regarding the use of coolant type during tooth preparation with high-speed hand-pieces in pediatric dental residency programs in the US...
- Dental anxiety and its relationship with self-perceived health locus of control among Indian dental students
Department of Community Dentistry, Manipal College of Dental Sciences, Manipal University, Manipal 576104, India
Oral Health Prev Dent 8:9-14. 2010
..The objective of the present study was to assess dental anxiety and study its relationship with the perceived Health Locus of Control (HLC) among students in an Indian dental school...
- Effect of surgical drill guide on heat generated from implant drilling
A Ferhat Misir
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Zonguldak Karaelmas University, Zonguldak, Turkey
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 67:2663-8. 2009
..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the heat generated in bone by 2 implant drill systems in vitro with and without using surgical drill guides...
- Bone damage induced by different cutting instruments--an in vitro study
Department of Odontostomatological Science, Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Braz Dent J 20:162-8. 2009
..01) among the cutting systems for all analyzed parameters. Er:YAG laser, gave poor peripheral carbonization, and may be considered an effective method in oral bone biopsies and permits to obtain clear and readable tissue specimens...
- In vitro microleakage of composite restorations prepared by Er:YAG/Er,Cr:YSGG lasers and conventional drills associated with two adhesive systems
Vera Lucia Moldes
Department of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Adhes Dent 11:221-9. 2009
..The objective of this in vitro study was to compare the degree of microleakage of composite restorations performed by lasers and conventional drills associated with two adhesive systems...
- Dental anxiety among university students and its correlation with their field of study
Wael Mousa Al-Omari
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Jordan University of Science and Technology, Irbid, Jordan
J Appl Oral Sci 17:199-203. 2009
..In addition, the present study aimed to explore the sources of dental anxiety and the impact of gender on the perceived dental anxiety and the correlation between field of study and dental anxiety level...
- Effects of irrigation temperature on heat control in vitro at different drilling depths
Bedrettin Cem Sener
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Marmara University, School of Dentistry, Istanbul, Turkey
Clin Oral Implants Res 20:294-8. 2009
..Thermal injury during implant bed preparation has a major influence on implant osseointegration and survival. This study investigated the effectiveness of the temperature of the saline solution used for heat control during drilling...
- An in vitro investigation of the effectiveness of bioactive glass air-abrasion in the 'selective' removal of orthodontic resin adhesive
Department of Biomaterials, King s College London Dental Institute at Guy s, Kinds College and St Thomas Hospitals, KCL, London, UK
Eur J Oral Sci 116:488-92. 2008
..From these results, bioactive-glass air-abrasion more consistently caused less physical damage to enamel and achieved a clinically smooth surface finish following polishing and is therefore to be recommended for clinical use...
- Biomechanical and histomorphometric analyses of the osseointegration of microscrews with different surgical techniques in beagle dogs
Department of Orthodontics, West China College of Stomatology, Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 106:644-50. 2008
..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the difference between the drill-free method and the drilling method regarding their effects on microscrew stability after 2, 4 and 8 weeks of implantation...
- Temperature changes in the deciduous pulp chamber during cavity preparation with the Er:YAG laser
Mariana Silvério Castilho
Department of Dentistry, University of Ribeirao Preto, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Dent Child (Chic) 74:21-5. 2007
..The purpose of this in vitro study was to evaluate the temperature changes in the pulp chambers of deciduous molars during cavity preparation with an Er:YAG (erbium substituted: yttrium aluminium garnet) laser...
- Water flow on erbium:yttrium-aluminum-garnet laser irradiation: effects on dental tissues
Department of Operative Dentistry, Ribeirao Preto School of Dentistry, University of Sao Paulo USP, Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brazil
Lasers Med Sci 24:811-8. 2009
..The aim of this review was to obtain insights into the ablation process and to discuss the effects of water flow on dental tissue ablation using Er:YAG laser...
- Atraumatic tooth preparation
Thomas D Larson
Department of Restorative Sciences, Division of Operative Dentistry, University of Minnesota School of Dentistry, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Northwest Dent 87:29-34. 2008
- Marginal microleakage of alternative restorative treatment and conventional glass ionomer restorations in extracted primary molars
R O Wadenya
School of Dental Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Dent Child (Chic) 77:32-5. 2010
..The objective of this study was to compare the marginal leakage of cervical glass ionomer restorations made using alternative restorative treatment (ART) and conventional restoration techniques...
- Inhalation of aerosols produced during the removal of fixed orthodontic appliances: a comparison of 4 enamel cleanup methods
Christian J Day
Division of Orthodontics, Department of Child Dental Health, Bristol Dental Hospital, Bristol, United Kingdom
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 133:11-7. 2008
..Although most inhaled particles are harmless, some might be associated with chronic diseases. Modern laboratory methods can now accurately simulate the human lung and predict the site of deposition of these inhaled particles...
- Immediate loading of single SLA implants: drilling vs. osteotomes for the preparation of the implant site
Department of Periodontology and Oral Gerontology, Royal Dental College, University of Aarhus, Aarhus, Denmark
Clin Oral Implants Res 19:55-65. 2008
- Morphological changes in hard dental tissues prepared by Er:YAG laser (LiteTouch, Syneron), Carisolv and rotary instruments. A scanning electron microscopy evaluation
Snejana Ts Tsanova
Department of Operative Dentistry and Endodontics, Faculty of Dental Medicine, Medical University, Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Folia Med (Plovdiv) 52:46-55. 2010
..This in vitro investigation aimed to study by means of scanning electron microscope the morphological changes in hard dental tissues after using several different methods for caries removal and cavity preparation...
- Bacterial aerosols in dental practice - a potential hospital infection problem?
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Diseases, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
J Hosp Infect 64:76-81. 2006
..This is especially important when treating generally ill or immunocompromised patients at dental surgeries in hospital environments...
- The effect of wear on ultrasonic scaler tip displacement amplitude
Simon C Lea
School of Dentistry, The University of Birmingham, St Chad s Queensway, Birmingham, UK
J Clin Periodontol 33:37-41. 2006
..The aim of this investigation was to assess the effect of simulated wear on ultrasonic scaler tip displacement amplitude, using a scanning laser vibrometer...
- Displacement amplitude of ultrasonic scaler inserts
S C Lea
School of Dentistry, The University of Birmingham, St Chad s Queensway, Birmingham B4 6NN, UK
J Clin Periodontol 30:505-10. 2003
- The effect of three types of rasps on the occlusal surface of equine cheek teeth: a scanning electron microscopic study
Susan A Kempson
Department of Preclinical Veterinary Sciences, Royal Dick School of Veterinary Studies, University of Edinburgh, Summerhall, Edinburgh EH9 1QH
J Vet Dent 20:19-27. 2003
..The extent of damage to sensitive and vital dentin tissue was of concern. Further studies are required to establish the optimum technique for rasping equine cheek teeth...
- Pin-retained restorations for severely worn posterior teeth
Department of Oral Health Practice, University of Kentucky, College of Dentistry, Lexington, USA
Compendium 14:1412, 1414, 1416 passim; quiz 1422. 1993
..This article describes pin preparation of severely worn mandibular premolars and molar restoration by pin-retained gold castings. These and other teeth are used for retention of a mandibular removable partial denture...
- The era of high speed development in dentistry
Thomas M Schulein
Department of Operative Dentistry, College of Dentistry at The University of Iowa, USA
J Hist Dent 50:131-7. 2002
- Subcutaneous emphysema after restorative dental treatment
N J Schuman
Department of Biologic and Diagnostic Sciences, College of Dentistry, University of Tennessee, Memphis, Tennessee, USA
Compend Contin Educ Dent 22:38-40, 42. 2001
..Symptoms generally subside in 3 to 10 days; however, consultation with a physician is necessary to rule out further complications...
- Changes in dentin after insertion of self-threading titanium pins with 3 methods: a scanning electron microscope pilot study
Department of Endodontology and Restorative Dentistry, School of Dental Medicine, University of Zagreb, Croatia
J Prosthet Dent 87:182-8. 2002
..Inserting a self-threading pin can cause dentinal cracks, but it is not known whether dentin bonding agents can penetrate these cracks...
- Cyclic fatigue of nickel-titanium rotary instruments after clinical use with low- and high-torque endodontic motors
Department of Periodontology and Endodontics, Rome University, La Sapienza, Italy
J Endod 27:772-4. 2001
..01), showing that the use of endodontic motor with lower torque values reduced cyclic fatigue of nickel-titanium rotary instruments...
- Comparison of distortion and separation utilizing profile and Pow-R nickel-titanium rotary files
Y A Tygesen
University of Detroit Mercy, MI, USA
J Endod 27:762-4. 2001
..A total of 420 files were evaluated, 210 files for Pow-R and 210 files for ProFile. There was no statistically significant difference in the incidence of instrument distortion or separation between the two file systems that were studied...
- Effects of mechanical and thermal fatigue on dental drill performance
B H Harris
Department of Chemical Engineering and Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Boston, USA
Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 16:819-26. 2001
..54 to 5.00 MPa), shear stresses (9.69 to 29.71 MPa), and efficiency (1.16 to 3.16) during repeated testing. Scanning electron microscopic images revealed minor deformations in the cutting edges of the tri-spade drills following testing...
- Influence of structure on nickel-titanium endodontic instruments failure
UFR d' Odontologie, Paris, France
J Endod 27:516-20. 2001
..The X-rays show that experimental spectrum lines are extended, typical of a distorted lattice. The surface state of the endodontic files (scanning electron microscopy) is an important factor in failure and fracture initiation...
- Cyclic fatigue of ProFile rotary instruments after prolonged clinical use
Department of Periodontics Endodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, University of La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Int Endod J 34:386-9. 2001
..The purpose of the present study was to evaluate resistance to cyclic fatigue of new and used ProFile Ni-Ti rotary instruments...
- Apical extrusion of debris and irrigants using two hand and three engine-driven instrumentation techniques
C C Ferraz
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Piracicaba School of Dentistry, University of Campinas, Brazil
Int Endod J 34:354-8. 2001
..04, Quantec 2000 and Pow-R)...
- Clinical evaluation of chemomechanical caries removal in primary molars and its acceptance by patients
G M Maragakis
Department of Operative Dentistry and Periodontology, University of Freiburg School of Dentistry, Freiburg, Germany
Caries Res 35:205-10. 2001
- Cutting efficiency of three diamond bur grit sizes
S C Siegel
Department of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of Maryland, 666 West Baltimore St, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 131:1706-10. 2000
..The authors compared the CRs of medium-, coarse- and super-coarse-grit diamond burs...
- High and low torque handpieces: cutting dynamics, enamel cracking and tooth temperature
T F Watson
Division of Conservative Dentistry, Guy s, King s and St Thomas Dental Institute, KCL, Guy s Hospital, London Bridge
Br Dent J 188:680-6. 2000
..The null hypothesis of this study was that high torque handpieces cause more damage to tooth structure during cutting and lead to a rise in temperature within the pulp-chamber...
- Safety and efficiency of novel sonic scaler tips in vitro
Gregor J Petersilka
Department of Periodontology, University of Munster, Germany
J Clin Periodontol 30:551-5. 2003
..The aim of the study was to evaluate a novel sonic scaler tip for subgingival root surface instrumentation combining high efficiency in calculus removal with minimized risk of root damage through subgingival debridement...
- Influence of timing of coronal preparation on retention of cemented cast posts and cores
Department of Prosthetic Dental Sciences, College of Dentistry, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Int J Prosthodont 16:290-4. 2003
..This study investigated the effect of coronal preparation by high-speed handpiece on the retention of cemented cast posts and cores...
- [The effect of root canal preparation with nickel-titanium rotary instruments in reducing post-operative pain]
Operative Dentistry and Endodontics, Guanghua College of Stomatology, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510060, China
Hua Xi Kou Qiang Yi Xue Za Zhi 21:202-4. 2003
..To examine the effect of nickel-titanium rotary instruments in reducing post-operative pain...
- Chemical analysis and surface morphology of enamel and dentin following 9.6mu CO2 laser irradiation versus high speed drilling
Department of Endodontics, Hebrew University Hadassah School of Dental Medicine, Israel
J Dent 33:427-32. 2005
..The purpose of the present in vitro study was to determine whether there is a change in the chemical composition and surface morphology of enamel and dentin following 9.6mu CO2 laser irradiation and high-speed drilling...
- What's the rush?
Robert E Horseman
J Calif Dent Assoc 33:358, 357. 2005
- Subgingival debridement with a teflon-coated sonic scaler insert in comparison to conventional instruments and assessment of substance removal on extracted teeth
Department of Restorative Dentistry and Periodontology, School of Dentistry, University of Kiel, Germany
Quintessence Int 36:446-52. 2005
..The objective of the present study was to evaluate how much root cementum is removed with these instruments...
- Oral surgical handpiece use time parameters
Howard W Roberts
Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 63:957-60. 2005
..To evaluate the clinical usage time parameters of handpieces used in oral surgical procedures...
- Minimally invasive chairside protocols
The World Congress of Minimally Invasive Dentistry
Compend Contin Educ Dent 26:374, 376-9. 2005
- [In vitro comparison of root canal preparation with step-back technique and GT rotary file--a nickel-titanium engine driven rotary instrument system]
Pécsi Tudományegyetem Altalános Orvostudományi Kar Fogászati és Szájsebészeti Klinika
Fogorv Sz 98:119-23. 2005
..The use of GT Rotary File with comparison of standard step-back method resulted in a shortened preparation time and excessive damage of the coronal part of the root canal could be avoided...
- Interesting case: cervicofacial emphysema and mediastinitis following restorative dental treatment--a case report
Il Hyuk Chung
Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg 44:376. 2006
- An evaluation of the effects of handpiece speed, abrasive characteristics, and polishing load on the flexural strength of polished ceramics
Department of Conservative Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, University Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
J Prosthet Dent 94:421-9. 2005
..The reported effectiveness of these strengthening mechanisms on ceramics may not be applicable to clinical dentistry...
- Thermal changes in the pulp chamber during different adhesive clean-up procedures
Department of Orthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Erciyes University, Kayseri, Turkey
Angle Orthod 75:220-5. 2005
..Adhesive removal procedures should be performed with adequate water cooling to prevent temperature increases that might be harmful to pulpal tissues...
- Micro-cracking of tooth structure
Department of Restorative Dentistry, College of Dentistry, University of Illinois, Chicago 60612 7212, USA
Am J Dent 17:378-80. 2004
..e., a high speed dental handpiece or an Er:YAG laser may be a factor in initiating the formation of micro-cracks during or after preparation of the cavity and before and after placing and curing the dental composite...
- Resin bond strength and micromorphology of human teeth prepared with an Erbium:YAG laser
Cynthia P Trajtenberg
Department of Restorative Dentistry and Biomaterials, University of Texas Dental Branch at Houston, 6516 M D Anderson Blvd, Suite 493, Houston, Texas 77030 3402, USA
Am J Dent 17:331-6. 2004
- Comparative study of carious dentin removal by Er,Cr:YSGG laser and Carisolv
Jun Ichiro Kinoshita
Department of Endodontics, Showa University School of Dentistry, Tokyo, Japan
J Clin Laser Med Surg 21:307-15. 2003
- Handpiece speed and postoperative outcomes in third molar surgery
John H Campbell
Indiana University School of Dentistry, Department of Oral Surgery and Hospital Dentistry, USA
J Indiana Dent Assoc 83:4-6. 2004
- Remodeling along the bone-screw interface
Thomas Michael Präger
Department of Orthodontics, Dentofacial Orthopedics and Pedodontics, School of Dentistry, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Orofac Orthop 69:337-48. 2008
..The stability of cortical miniscrews depends on the contact between bone and implant. The aim of this study was to compare bone remodeling along the contact surface between the screw and bone with and without pre-drilling...
- Undergraduate teaching and clinical use of rotary nickel-titanium endodontic instruments: a survey of French dental schools
Department of Endodontics and Conservative Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Bretagne Occidentale, Brest, France
Int Endod J 37:320-4. 2004
..To evaluate the impact of rotary nickel-titanium (NiTi) instruments on undergaduate teaching and clinical use in French dental schools and to evaluate the impressions of dental students when learning and using these techniques...
- Iatrogenic tooth abrasion comparisons among composite materials and finishing techniques
Christina A Mitchell
The Oral Healthcare Research Centre, School of Clinical Dentistry, Queen s University, Royal Victoria Hospital, Belfast, United Kingdom
J Prosthet Dent 88:320-8. 2002
..Whether use of these instruments causes undesirable iatrogenic abrasion of either the tooth surface or the composite restorative material is unknown. Assuming that damage occurs, which technique is least damaging is unknown...
- Comparison of the antimicrobial efficacy of chemomechanical caries removal (Carisolv) with that of conventional drilling in reducing cariogenic flora
Department of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry, The Oxford Dental College, Hospital and Research Centre, Bommanahalli, Hosur Road, Bangalore 560068, Karnataka, India
J Clin Pediatr Dent 32:215-9. 2008
..The aim of this study was to evaluate the antimicrobial efficacy of chemomechanical caries removal (Carisolv) in reducing the count of cariogenic flora and compare it to conventional drilling...
- Surface roughness and bond strength of enamel to composite
Department of Operative and Preventive Dentistry, Justus Liebig University, Giessen, Germany
Dent Mater 15:250-6. 1999
..The aim of the study was to assess the influence of pretreating enamel by different rotary instruments on shear-bond strength of composite to enamel after the acid etch technique...