Genomes and Genes
Summary: A glucocorticoid used in the management of ASTHMA, the treatment of various skin disorders, and allergic RHINITIS.
Publications332 found, 100 shown here
- A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase II study comparing the tolerability and efficacy of ipilimumab administered with or without prophylactic budesonide in patients with unresectable stage III or IV melanomaJeffrey Weber
Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
Clin Cancer Res 15:5591-8. 2009..placebo-controlled, multicenter, multinational phase II trial was conducted to determine whether prophylactic budesonide (Entocort EC), a nonabsorbed oral steroid, reduced the rate of grade >or=2 diarrhea in ipilimumab-treated ..
- Efficacy and tolerability of budesonide/formoterol added to tiotropium in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseTobias Welte
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 180:741-50. 2009b>Budesonide/formoterol and tiotropium are commonly used maintenance treatments for patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Combining these medications may provide additional benefits.
- Corticosteroid-induced gene expression in allergen-challenged asthmatic subjects taking inhaled budesonideM M Kelly
Airways Inflammation Research Group, Institute of Infection, Immunity and Inflammation, Faculty of Medicine, University of Calgary, Calgary, AB, Canada
Br J Pharmacol 165:1737-47. 2012..As there are no data to support this effect in asthmatic subjects taking ICS, we have assessed whether ICS induce anti-inflammatory gene expression in subjects with atopic asthma...
- Efficacy and tolerability of budesonide/formoterol in one hydrofluoroalkane pressurized metered-dose inhaler in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: results from a 1-year randomized controlled clinical trialStephen I Rennard
Pulmonary Critical Care, Allergy and Sleep Medicine, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68198 5885, USA
Drugs 69:549-65. 2009..The efficacy and tolerability of the combination of budesonide/formoterol have been demonstrated in patients with COPD when administered via the dry powder inhaler (DPI) in a ..
- Relative effectiveness of budesonide/formoterol and fluticasone propionate/salmeterol in a 1-year, population-based, matched cohort study of patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD): Effect on COPD-related exacerbations, emergency departLucie Blais
University of Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Clin Ther 32:1320-8. 2010..The relative effectiveness of combination products such as budesonide/formoterol (BUD/FM) and fluticasone propionate/salmeterol (FP/SM) has not been well documented.
- Budesonide/formoterol vs. salmeterol/fluticasone in COPD: a systematic review and adjusted indirect comparison of pneumonia in randomised controlled trialsD M G Halpin
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital, Exeter, UK
Int J Clin Pract 65:764-74. 2011This analysis was designed to provide a comparison between budesonide/formoterol and salmeterol/fluticasone for the relative incidence of pneumonia adverse events, pneumonia serious adverse events and pneumonia-related mortality in ..
- Combination of budesonide/formoterol more effective than fluticasone/salmeterol in preventing exacerbations in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: the PATHOS studyK Larsson
Unit of Lung and Allergy Research, National Institute of Environmental Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
J Intern Med 273:584-94. 2013..The aim of this study was to investigate exacerbation rates in primary care patients with COPD treated with budesonide/formoterol compared with fluticasone/salmeterol.
- Efficacy of indacaterol 75 μg versus fixed-dose combinations of formoterol-budesonide or salmeterol-fluticasone for COPD: a network meta-analysisShannon Cope
Mapi Consultancy, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis 7:415-20. 2012..in order to compare the efficacy of indacaterol 75 μg with that of a fixed-dose combination of formoterol and budesonide (FOR/BUD) and a fixed-dose combination salmeterol and fluticasone (SAL/FP) for the treatment of chronic ..
- The role of nebulised budesonide in the treatment of exacerbations of COPDH Gunen
Dept of Pulmonary Medicine, Turgut Ozal Research Centre, Inonu University, Malatya 44069, Turkey
Eur Respir J 29:660-7. 2007The present study was designed to evaluate the hypothesis that nebulised budesonide (NB) might be an alternative to systemic corticosteroids (SC) in the treatment of patients with exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (..
- Effect of budesonide/formoterol pMDI on COPD exacerbations: a double-blind, randomized studyAmir Sharafkhaneh
Section of Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine and Michael E DeBakey VA Medical Center Bldg 100 111i, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Respir Med 106:257-68. 2012..This randomized, double-blind, double-dummy, parallel-group, 12-month multicenter study evaluated the effect of budesonide/formoterol pressurized metered-dose inhaler (pMDI) on COPD exacerbations.
- Sleep disordered breathing and daytime quality of life in children with allergic rhinitis during treatment with intranasal budesonideLyndon E Mansfield
Western Sky Medical Research, El Paso, Texas 79902, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 92:240-4. 2004..Daytime sleepiness is a common finding in symptomatic allergic rhinitis. Effective therapy of the nasal congestion of allergic rhinitis should alter sleep patterns in patients with symptomatic allergic rhinitis...
- The bioavailability and airway clearance of the steroid component of budesonide/formoterol and salmeterol/fluticasone after inhaled administration in patients with COPD and healthy subjects: a randomized controlled trialChris Dalby
Respiratory Medicine Unit, City Hospital Campus, Nottingham University, Nottingham, UK
Respir Res 10:104. 2009..This study aimed to further investigate and clarify the distribution of budesonide and fluticasone in patients with severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) by measuring the systemic ..
- Bronchodilator responsiveness and onset of effect with budesonide/formoterol pMDI in COPDBartolome R Celli
Harvard University, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Respir Med 105:1176-88. 2011..We also evaluated the speed of onset of bronchodilation...
- Combined corticosteroid and long-acting beta(2)-agonist in one inhaler versus long-acting beta(2)-agonists for chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseLuis Javier Nannini
Pulmonary Section, Hospital E Peron, G Baigorria, Argentina
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 9:CD006829. 2012..This updated review compared compound LABA plus ICS therapy (LABA/ICS) with the LABA component drug given alone...
- Apoptosis of airway epithelial cells induced by corticosteroidsD R Dorscheid
McDonald Research Laboratories, the iCAPTURE Centre, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 164:1939-47. 2001..Treatment with dexamethasone, beclomethasone, budesonide, or triamcinolone each elicited a time-dependent and concentration-dependent cell death...
- Comparison of nebulized budesonide and oral prednisolone with placebo in the treatment of acute exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a randomized controlled trialFrancois Maltais
Centre de Recherche, Hopital Laval, Institut Universitaire de Cardiologie et de Pneumologie de l Universite Laval, 2275 Chemin Ste Foy, Ste Foy, Quebec G1V 4G5, Canada
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 165:698-703. 2002Nebulized budesonide has been used successfully to treat acute asthma exacerbation, and we hypothesized that it could also be effective for exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)...
- Comparative efficacy of indacaterol 150 μg and 300 μg versus fixed-dose combinations of formoterol + budesonide or salmeterol + fluticasone for the treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease--a network meta-analysisShannon Cope
Mapi Values, Boston, MA, USA
Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis 6:329-44. 2011To compare efficacy of indacaterol to that of fixed-dose combination (FDC) formoterol and budesonide (FOR/BUD) and FDC salmeterol and fluticasone (SAL/FP) for the treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) based on the ..
- Rhinovirus-induced airway inflammation in asthma: effect of treatment with inhaled corticosteroids before and during experimental infectionK Grunberg
Department of Pulmonology, Department of Medical Decision Making, Leiden University Medical Center LUMC, Leiden, The Netherlands
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 164:1816-22. 2001..16 (RV16) infection, while receiving double-blind, placebo-controlled treatment with the inhaled corticosteroid budesonide (800 microg twice a day) throughout the study period, starting 2 wk before infection...
- Budesonide and the risk of pneumonia: a meta-analysis of individual patient dataDon D Sin
Providence Heart and Lung Institute, St Paul s Hospital iCAPTURE Centre, and Department of Medicine Division of Respirology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Lancet 374:712-9. 2009..We aimed to establish the effects of inhaled budesonide on the risk of pneumonia in such patients.
- Inhibition of allergen-induced airway remodelling by tiotropium and budesonide: a comparisonI S T Bos
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, University of Groningen, Antonius Deusinglaan 1, 9713 AV, Groningen, The Netherlands
Eur Respir J 30:653-61. 2007..other aspects of airway remodelling and to compare the effectiveness of tiotropium to the glucocorticosteroid budesonide. Ovalbumin-sensitised guinea pigs were challenged for 12 weeks with aerosolised ovalbumin...
- Scientific rationale for using a single inhaler for asthma controlP J Barnes
Section of Airway Disease, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College, Dovehouse St, London SW3 6LY, UK
Eur Respir J 29:587-95. 2007Clinical trials have recently demonstrated that using a budesonide/formoterol combination inhaler as regular maintenance treatment twice daily but also as a rescue therapy for breakthrough symptoms can provide more effective control of ..
- Sensitivity of a new grading system for studying nasal polyps with the potential to detect early changes in polyp size after treatment with a topical corticosteroid (budesonide)L Johansson
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Central Hospital, Skovde, Sweden
Acta Otolaryngol 122:49-53. 2002..with bilateral nasal polyposis (n = 100) were randomized to a 2-week treatment with a topical corticosteroid (budesonide aqueous nasal spray: 128 microg b.i.d.) or placebo in a double-blind manner...
- Budesonide/formoterol for maintenance and reliever therapy of asthma: a meta analysis of randomised controlled trialsS J Edwards
Outcomes Research, AstraZeneca UK Ltd, Luton, UK
Int J Clin Pract 64:619-27. 2010To compare the effectiveness of budesonide/formoterol (Symbicort) for Maintenance and Reliever Therapy (Symbicort SMART) Turbuhaler with twice daily inhaled corticosteroid (ICS) treatment, alone or in combination with a long-acting beta(2)..
- Bronchodilator effect of an inhaled combination therapy with salmeterol + fluticasone and formoterol + budesonide in patients with COPDM Cazzola
Department of Respiratory Medicine, A Cardarelli Hospital, Unit of Pneumology and Allergology, Naples, Italy
Respir Med 97:453-7. 2003..the combination therapy with 50 microg salmeterol + 250 microg fluticasone and 12 microg formoterol + 400 microg budesonide, both in a single inhaler device, in 16 patients with moderate-to-severe COPD...
- Effects of budesonide and formoterol on allergen-induced airway responses, inflammation, and airway remodeling in asthmaMargaret M Kelly
Firestone Institute for Respiratory Health, Department of Medicine, St Joseph s Healthcare and McMaster University Medical Center, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario L8N 3Z5, Canada
J Allergy Clin Immunol 125:349-356.e13. 2010..However, there are limited data as to whether these beneficial effects are due to enhanced anti-inflammatory actions or whether such combination therapies affect airway remodeling in patients with asthma...
- Acute care among asthma patients using budesonide/formoterol or fluticasone propionate/salmeterolLucie Blais
Faculty of Pharmacy, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Respir Med 103:237-43. 2009..Whether the differences between budesonide/formoterol and fluticasone/salmeterol translate into differences in treatment outcomes in a real life setting is ..
- Intranasal budesonide treatment for children with mild obstructive sleep apnea syndromeLeila Kheirandish-Gozal
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Sleep Medicine, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Pediatrics 122:e149-55. 2008....
- A long-term study of the antiinflammatory effect of low-dose budesonide plus formoterol versus high-dose budesonide in asthmaJ C Kips
Department of Respiratory Diseases, University Hospital Ghent, Ghent, Belgium
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 161:996-1001. 2000..In a double-blind parallel-group study, we evaluated the effect of adding formoterol to a low dose of budesonide, compared with a higher dose of budesonide, on the composition of induced sputum...
- Treatment of primary biliary cirrhosis with ursodeoxycholic acid, budesonide and fibratesRaoul Poupon
UPMC Univ Paris 06, INSERM, UMR_S 938, Service d Hépatologie et Centre de Référence des Maladies Inflammatoires des Voies Biliaires, Hopital Saint Antoine, AP HP, Paris, France
Dig Dis 29:85-8. 2011..the following issues: the appropriate selection of patients requiring new therapeutic options, the role of budesonide in the management of these patients, and the emerging place of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-α ..
- Efficacy and safety of budesonide/formoterol via a dry powder inhaler in Chinese patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseNanshan Zhong
State Key Lab of Respiratory Diseases, The First Affiliated Hospital of Guangzhou Medical College, Guangzhou, China
Curr Med Res Opin 28:257-65. 2012To evaluate the efficacy and safety of budesonide (BUD)/formoterol (FORM) compared with BUD, both administered by way of a dry powder inhaler (Turbuhaler * ). * Turbuhaler is a registered trade name of AstraZeneca, Södertälje, Sweden.
- The effects of intranasal budesonide on allergen-induced production of interleukin-5 and eotaxin, airways, blood, and bone marrow eosinophilia, and eosinophil progenitor expansion in sensitized miceHuahao Shen
Asthma Research Group, Department of Medicine, McMaster University and St Joseph s Hospital, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 166:146-53. 2002..marrow eosinophil progenitors in sensitized mice and subjects with asthma and that the inhaled corticosteroid, budesonide, reduced baseline but not allergen-induced increase in bone marrow eosinophil/basophil progenitors (EoB-CFU) in ..
- The effect of budesonide particle mass on drug particle detachment from carrier crystals in adhesive mixtures during inhalationB H J Dickhoff
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology and Biopharmacy, Groningen University Institute for Drug Exploration GUIDE, Groningen, The Netherlands
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 54:245-8. 2002..The decrease in residual drug on carrier is in agreement with increasing FPFs in an Erweka impactor. However, it has been calculated that the magnitude of the effect decreases with increasing de-agglomeration efficiency...
- Fluticasone and budesonide inhibit cytokine release in human lung epithelial cells and alveolar macrophagesA Ek
Department of Occupational Medicine, National Institute for Working Life, Solna, Sweden
Allergy 54:691-9. 1999..alveolar macrophages were stimulated with swine dust or lipopolysaccharide (LPS), and the inhibitory effect of budesonide and fluticasone propionate on cytokine release was studied in a dose-response (10(-13)-10(-8) M) manner...
- Clinical efficacy and safety of budesonide-formoterol in non-cystic fibrosis bronchiectasisMiguel Angel Martínez-García
Pneumology Unit, La Fe University and Polytechnic Hospital, Av Bulevar Sur s n, 46026, Valencia, Spain
Chest 141:461-8. 2012The aim of this study is to evaluate the efficacy and safety of medium-dose formoterol-budesonide combined inhaled treatment in a single inhaler compared with high-dose budesonide treatment in patients with non-cystic fibrosis (non-CF) ..
- Intrasinus administration of topical budesonide to allergic patients with chronic rhinosinusitis following surgeryFrancois Lavigne
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Montréal Hôspital Nôtre Dame, McGill University Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Laryngoscope 112:858-64. 2002Whether instillation into the maxillary sinus of topical budesonide affected the immune response and improved allergic patients with chronic rhinosinusitis that had persistence of symptoms despite appropriate surgical intervention was ..
- Acute lung injury induces cardiovascular dysfunction: effects of IL-6 and budesonide/formoterolKoichi Suda
Division of Respiratory Medicine, University of British Columbia, Providence Heart and Lung Institute, St Paul s Hospital, 1081 Burrard St, Vancouver, British Columbia V6Z 1Y6, Canada
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 45:510-6. 2011..We sought to determine whether IL-6 contributes to the cardiovascular dysfunction related to ALI, and whether budesonide/formoterol ameliorates this process...
- Budesonide induces remission more effectively than prednisone in a controlled trial of patients with autoimmune hepatitisMichael P Manns
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Endocrinology, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Gastroenterology 139:1198-206. 2010..Corticosteroid therapy induces long-term remission but has many side effects. We compared the effects of budesonide (a steroid that is rapidly metabolized, with low systemic exposure) and prednisone, both in combination with ..
- Oral viscous budesonide: a potential new therapy for eosinophilic esophagitis in childrenSeema S Aceves
Division of Allergy and Immunology, Children s Hospital, San Diego, La Jolla, California, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 102:2271-9; quiz 2280. 2007..Eosinophilic esophagitis (EE) is a disorder characterized typically by pan-esophageal eosinophilia. We evaluate a palatable, long-acting topical corticosteroid preparation for the treatment of EE...
- Combination of budesonide and aminophylline diminished acute lung injury in animal model of meconium aspiration syndromeD Mokra
Department of Physiology, Jessenius Faculty of Medicine, Comenius University, Martin, Slovakia
J Physiol Pharmacol 59:461-71. 2008Combination of low-dose budesonide and low-dose aminophylline may improve lung function in reduced adverse effects compared with high-dose monotherapy. Adult rabbits intratracheally received 4 ml/kg of saline or meconium (25 mg/ml)...
- Oral viscous budesonide is effective in children with eosinophilic esophagitis in a randomized, placebo-controlled trialRanjan Dohil
Departments of Pediatrics and Pathology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California and Rady Children s Hospital San Diego, San Diego, California 92103 8450, USA
Gastroenterology 139:418-29. 2010..Placebo-controlled studies have not been conducted to evaluate the safety and efficacy of oral viscous budesonide (OVB).
- Efficacy and tolerability of budesonide aqueous nasal spray treatment in patients with nasal polypsR Jankowski
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Central Hospital, , F-54000 Nancy, France
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 127:447-52. 2001OBJECTIVE: To assess the efficacy and tolerability of once-daily treatment with budesonide aqueous nasal spray in patients with nasal polyps. DESIGN: Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel-group study...
- Early intratracheal instillation of budesonide using surfactant as a vehicle to prevent chronic lung disease in preterm infants: a pilot studyTsu F Yeh
Department of Pediatrics, College of Medicine, China Medical University, 91 Hsieh Shih St, Taichung, Taiwan
Pediatrics 121:e1310-8. 2008b>Budesonide is an inhaled steroid with a strong topical effect but with minimal systemic effects; it has been effectively delivered to animal lungs using surfactant as a vehicle...
- Poor adherence with inhaled corticosteroids for asthma: can using a single inhaler containing budesonide and formoterol help?Milind P Sovani
Division of Respiratory Medicine, University of Nottingham, Nottingham City Hospital
Br J Gen Pract 58:37-43. 2008..Poor adherence with inhaled corticosteroids is an important problem in asthma management. Previous approaches to improving adherence have had limited success...
- Localized eosinophilic ileitis with mastocytosis successfully treated with oral budesonideC Lombardi
Allergy and Respiratory Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, Genoa, Italy
Allergy 62:1343-5. 2007
- Lung fibroblast proteoglycan production induced by serum is inhibited by budesonide and formoterolLizbet Todorova
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 34:92-100. 2006Proteoglycans contribute to extracellular matrix remodeling in asthmatic airways. We investigated the effects of budesonide, a glucocorticoid, and formoterol, a long-acting beta2-adrenergic agonist, on serum-induced proteoglycan ..
- Budesonide added to formoterol contributes to improved exercise tolerance in patients with COPDHeinrich Worth
Medical Department I, Fürth Hospital, Fürth, Germany
Respir Med 104:1450-9. 2010..Breathlessness and exercise intolerance frequently impact the daily life of patients with COPD...
- Beclomethasone/formoterol versus budesonide/formoterol combination therapy in asthmaA Papi
Research Centre on Asthma and COPD, University of Ferrara, Italy
Eur Respir J 29:682-9. 2007..Modulite (Chiesi Farmaceutici, Parma, Italy) pressurised metered-dose inhaler (pMDI), with a combination of budesonide and formoterol administered via a Turbuhaler (AstraZeneca, Lund, Sweden) dry powder inhaler (DPI)...
- Effect on lung function and morning activities of budesonide/formoterol versus salmeterol/fluticasone in patients with COPDMartyn R Partridge
Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, NHLI Division at Charing Cross Hospital, London, UK
Ther Adv Respir Dis 3:1-11. 2009..This is the first study to compare the effect of budesonide/formoterol and salmeterol/fluticasone on lung function, symptoms and activities early in the morning.
- Modulation of microRNA expression by budesonide, phenethyl isothiocyanate and cigarette smoke in mouse liver and lungAlberto Izzotti
Department of Health Sciences, University of Genoa, Via A Pastore 1, I 16132 Genoa, Italy
Carcinogenesis 31:894-901. 2010..Thereafter, groups of mice received daily either budesonide (BUD) or phenethyl isothiocyanate (PEITC) with the diet...
- Budesonide combined with UDCA to improve liver histology in primary biliary cirrhosis: a three-year randomized trialHenna Rautiainen
Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, 00029 HYKS, Finland
Hepatology 41:747-52. 2005..b>Budesonide is a glucocorticoid with high receptor activity and high first-pass metabolism in liver...
- Randomised controlled trial of montelukast plus inhaled budesonide versus double dose inhaled budesonide in adult patients with asthmaD B Price
Department of General Practice and Primary Care, University of Aberdeen, Foresterhill Health Centre, Westburn Road, Aberdeen AB25 2AY, Scotland, UK
Thorax 58:211-6. 2003..This double blind, randomised, parallel group, non-inferiority, multicentre 16 week study compared the clinical benefits of adding montelukast to budesonide with doubling the budesonide dose in adults with asthma.
- Interventions for treating microscopic colitis: a Cochrane Inflammatory Bowel Disease and Functional Bowel Disorders Review Group systematic review of randomized trialsNilesh Chande
Division of Gastroenterology, London Health Sciences Centre, The University of Western Ontario, South Street Hospital, 375 South St, London, Ontario, Canada
Am J Gastroenterol 104:235-41; quiz 234, 242. 2009..To conduct a systematic review to determine effective treatments for patients with collagenous colitis or lymphocytic colitis, the two subtypes of microscopic colitis...
- Effect of montelukast added to inhaled budesonide on control of mild to moderate asthmaM J Vaquerizo
Merck Sharp and Dohme, c Josefa Valcarcel 38, 28027 Madrid, Spain
Thorax 58:204-10. 2003..A 16 week multicentre, randomised, double blind, controlled study was undertaken to study the efficacy of adding oral montelukast, a leukotriene receptor antagonist, to a constant dose of inhaled budesonide.
- A novel method for assessing dissolution of aerosol inhaler productsNeal M Davies
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, Washington State University, P O Box 646534, Pullman, WA 99164 6534, USA
Int J Pharm 255:175-87. 2003..b>Budesonide (BD), fluticasone propionate (FP) and triamcinolone acetonide (TA) have high hepatic first-pass inactivation of ..
- Systemic adverse effects of inhaled corticosteroid therapy: A systematic review and meta-analysisB J Lipworth
Department of Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics and Respiratory Medicine, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, University of Dundee, Scotland
Arch Intern Med 159:941-55. 1999..To appraise the data on systemic adverse effects of inhaled corticosteroids...
- Daily or intermittent budesonide in preschool children with recurrent wheezingRobert S Zeiger
Department of Allergy, Kaiser Permanente Southern California, San Diego, CA 92111, USA
N Engl J Med 365:1990-2001. 2011..We compared daily therapy with intermittent therapy...
- Budesonide and formoterol inhibit inflammatory mediator production by bronchial epithelial cells infected with rhinovirusC L Skevaki
Second Department of Pediatrics, Allergy Research Center, University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Clin Exp Allergy 39:1700-10. 2009..b>Budesonide (BUD) and formoterol (FORM) synergize in controlling asthma and COPD exacerbations; however, their effects on ..
- Systematic review and meta-analysis of budesonide/formoterol in a single inhalerSteven J Edwards
Outcomes Research, AstraZeneca UK Ltd, Luton, Bedfordshire, UK
Curr Med Res Opin 23:1809-20. 2007To compare the effectiveness of budesonide/formoterol using fixed dosing (BUD/FORM) with inhaled corticosteroid (ICS) alone or alternative ICS and long-acting beta(2)-agonist (LABA) regimens for adults with moderate/severe asthma.
- Efficacy and safety of budesonide and formoterol in one pressurized metered-dose inhaler in patients with moderate to very severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: results of a 6-month randomized clinical trialDonald P Tashkin
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, California, USA
Drugs 68:1975-2000. 2008..b>Budesonide/formoterol dry powder inhaler (DPI) has demonstrated efficacy and tolerability in patients with COPD.
- Exacerbations of asthma: a descriptive study of 425 severe exacerbations. The FACET International Study GroupA E Tattersfield
Division of Respiratory Medicine, Nottingham University, Nottingham, and National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College, London, United Kingdom
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 160:594-9. 1999..severe exacerbations that occurred during a 12-mo parallel group study (FACET) in which low and high doses of budesonide with and without formoterol were compared in patients with asthma...
- Modulation by phenethyl isothiocyanate and budesonide of molecular and histopathologic alterations induced by environmental cigarette smoke in miceFrancesco D'Agostini
Department of Health Sciences, University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 2:546-56. 2009..In the present study, we evaluated the protective effects of the glucocorticoid budesonide and of the dietary agent phenethyl isothiocyanate in mice exposed to ECS for 9 months followed by 2 months of ..
- Safety of budesonide/formoterol maintenance and reliever therapy in asthma trialsMalcolm R Sears
Firestone Institute for Respiratory Health, St Joseph s Healthcare and McMaster University, 50 Charlton Ave East, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada L8N 4A6
Respir Med 103:1960-8. 2009..This study examined the safety of the inhaled corticosteroid (ICS)/LABA combination budesonide/formoterol dry powder inhaler used as maintenance and reliever therapy versus combination treatments based on ..
- Long-term budesonide treatment of collagenous colitis: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialO K Bonderup
Department of Internal Medicine, Randers Regional Hospital, Skovlyvej 1, Randers, Denmark
Gut 58:68-72. 2009To evaluate the efficacy and safety of long-term budesonide therapy for the maintenance of clinical remission in patients with collagenous colitis.
- Oral budesonide for maintenance treatment of collagenous colitis: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialStephan Miehlke
Medical Department I, Technical University Hospital, Dresden, Germany
Gastroenterology 135:1510-6. 2008Oral budesonide effectively induces clinical remission in patients with collagenous colitis, a debilitating illness characterized by chronic watery/loose diarrhea, but there is a high rate of relapse after treatment cessation.
- Budesonide is effective in adolescent and adult patients with active eosinophilic esophagitisAlex Straumann
Department of Gastroenterology, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Gastroenterology 139:1526-37, 1537.e1. 2010..Topical corticosteroids are effective in pediatric patients with EoE, but no controlled studies of corticosteroids have been reported in adult patients...
- Budesonide is effective in treating lymphocytic colitis: a randomized double-blind placebo-controlled studyStephan Miehlke
Medical Department I, Technical University Hospital, Dresden, Germany
Gastroenterology 136:2092-100. 2009b>Budesonide is effective in treating collagenous colitis, but no treatment is established for lymphocytic colitis...
- The use of inhaled formoterol in the treatment of asthmaWilliam E Berger
Allergy and Asthma Associates of Southern California, Mission Viejo, California 92691 6410, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 97:24-33. 2006..To discuss the clinical efficacy and safety of formoterol when used to relieve symptoms of asthma and prevent exercise-induced bronchoconstriction (EIB)...
- Budesonide/formoterol maintenance and reliever therapy: a new treatment approach for adult patients with asthmaR Buhl
Pulmonary Department, Mainz University Hospital, Mainz, Germany
Curr Med Res Opin 23:1867-78. 2007..Additionally, budesonide/formoterol maintenance and reliever therapy (Symbicort SMART, AstraZeneca, Sweden) has been approved for adults ..
- Tenascin is increased in airway basement membrane of asthmatics and decreased by an inhaled steroidA Laitinen
Department of Anatomy, University of Helsinki, Finland
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 156:951-8. 1997..In patients with birch-pollen-sensitive asthma during the birch-pollen season, inhaled corticosteroid treatment, budesonide 400 micrograms twice daily, decreased tenascin immunoreactivity, in comparison with effects of placebo (p = 0...
- Budesonide treatment for collagenous colitis: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicenter trialStephan Miehlke
Medical Department I, Technical University Hospital, Dresden, Germany
Gastroenterology 123:978-84. 2002..We investigated the effect of budesonide on symptoms and histology in patients with collagenous colitis in a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled ..
- Budesonide in collagenous colitis: a double-blind placebo-controlled trial with histologic follow-upFilip Baert
Imelda Hospital Bonheiden, Belgium
Gastroenterology 122:20-5. 2002..Several treatment options have been suggested, but no controlled data are available. We conducted a placebo-controlled trial to show the clinical and histologic effects of budesonide in CC.
- Single maintenance and reliever therapy (SMART) of asthma: a critical appraisalKenneth R Chapman
Asthma and Airway Centre, University Health Network, Toronto Western Hospital, 399 Bathurst Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Thorax 65:747-52. 2010The use of a combination inhaler containing budesonide and formoterol as both maintenance and quick relief therapy (SMART) has been recommended as an improved method of using inhaled corticosteroid/long-acting beta agonist (ICS/LABA) ..
- Asymptomatic worsening of airway inflammation during low-dose allergen exposure in asthma: protection by inhaled steroidsJosephine de Kluijver
Department of Pulmonology, Lung Function Laboratory, C2 P 62 Leiden University Medical Center, PO Box 9600, NL 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 166:294-300. 2002..They were treated with 400 micro g budesonide once daily (n = 13) or placebo (n = 13) from Days -3 to 19...
- Budesonide reduces sensitivity and reactivity to inhaled mannitol in asthmatic subjectsJohn D Brannan
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Camperdown, NSW, Australia
Respirology 7:37-44. 2002..The aim of the study was to investigate whether treatment using inhaled corticosteroids decreases airway responsiveness to inhaled mannitol in asthmatic subjects...
- A comparison of topical budesonide and oral montelukast in seasonal allergic rhinitis and asthmaA M Wilson
Department of Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, University of Dundee, Dundee, UK
Clin Exp Allergy 31:616-24. 2001..OBJECTIVE: To compare oral montelukast with inhaled plus intranasal budesonide in patients with seasonal allergic rhinitis and asthma...
- Placebo-controlled study of inhaled budesonide on indices of airway inflammation in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid and bronchial biopsies in cross-country skiersM Sue-Chu
Department of Lung Medicine, University Hospital, Trondheim, Norway
Respiration 67:417-25. 2000..Asthma-like symptoms, methacholine hyperresponsiveness, use of inhaled steroids, airway inflammation, and increased tenascin expression in the reticular basement membrane have been reported in competitive cross-country skiers...
- Efficacy and tolerability of budesonide aqueous nasal spray in chronic rhinosinusitis patientsValerie J Lund
Royal National Throat, Nose and Ear Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Rhinology 42:57-62. 2004This study evaluated the efficacy and tolerability of budesonide in an aqueous nasal spray (BANS) in patients with chronic rhinosinusitis...
- Randomized comparison of the efficacy and safety of ciclesonide and budesonide in adolescents with severe asthmaJ H Vermeulen
Dorp Street 20, Panorama 7500, Cape Town, South Africa
Respir Med 101:2182-91. 2007The aim of the study was to investigate the efficacy and safety of ciclesonide compared with budesonide in adolescents with severe asthma.
- Production and characterization of a budesonide nanosuspension for pulmonary administrationClaudia Jacobs
Department of Pharmaceutics, Biopharmaceutics and Biotechnology, Free University of Berlin, Germany
Pharm Res 19:189-94. 2002This study describes the production of a budesonide nanosuspension by high-pressure homogenization for pulmonary delivery from 40 mL up to 300 mL. The aim was to obtain a nanosuspension that can be nebulized and is also long-term stable.
- Budesonide versus prednisolone for the treatment of active Crohn's disease in children: a randomized, double-blind, controlled, multicentre trialJohanna C Escher
Department of Paediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Emma Children s Hospital Academic Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 16:47-54. 2004b>Budesonide is a corticosteroid with low systemic bioavailability because of its high first-pass metabolism in the liver...
- Oral budesonide for the therapy of post-liver transplant de novo inflammatory bowel disease: a case series and systematic review of the literatureA Sidney Barritt
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7080, USA
Inflamm Bowel Dis 14:1695-700. 2008..b>Budesonide, a luminally active steroid with low systemic absorption, is an established therapeutic agent for IBD that ..
- Long-term safety and asthma control with budesonide/formoterol versus budesonide pressurized metered-dose inhaler in asthma patientsStephen P Peters
Section on Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27157, USA
Allergy Asthma Proc 29:499-516. 2008..The purpose of this study was to examine the long-term safety of budesonide/formoterol pressurized metered-dose inhaler (pMDI)...
- Comparison of the acute effect of tiotropium versus a combination therapy with single inhaler budesonide/formoterol on the degree of resting pulmonary hyperinflationP Santus
Respiratory Medicine Unit, San Paolo Hospital, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Respir Med 100:1277-81. 2006..changes in the degree of pulmonary hyperinflation after acute administration of tiotropium 18 microg or budesonide/formoterol 320/9 microg...
- Detection of budesonide in human urine after inhalation by liquid chromatography-mass spectrometryK Deventer
Doping control laboratory DoCoLab, Ghent University, UGent, Technologiepark 30B, B 9052 Zwijnaarde, Belgium
J Pharm Biomed Anal 42:474-9. 2006b>Budesonide, a corticosteroid frequently used in the treatment of asthma, is most often administered via inhalation. Its use in sports is allowed when medically necessary...
- 3g mesalazine granules are superior to 9mg budesonide for achieving remission in active ulcerative colitis: a double-blind, double-dummy, randomised trialVolker Gross
Medizinische Klinik II, Klinikum St Marien, Mariahilfbergweg 5 7, 92224 Amberg, Germany
J Crohns Colitis 5:129-38. 2011b>Budesonide may be an effective therapy for mild-to-moderately active ulcerative colitis (UC). This study aimed to demonstrate non-inferiority for oral 9mg budesonide once daily (OD) versus 3g mesalazine granules OD.
- Five-day course of budesonide inhalation suspension is as effective as oral prednisolone in the treatment of mild to severe acute asthma exacerbations in adultsChih Feng Chian
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Tri Service General Hospital, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan
Pulm Pharmacol Ther 24:256-60. 2011Limited evidence is available on the use of budesonide inhalation suspension (BIS) for the treatment of mild to severe acute asthma exacerbations (AAE) in adults in an inpatient setting...
- Cooperative inhibitory effects of budesonide and formoterol on eosinophil superoxide production stimulated by bronchial epithelial cell conditioned mediumSofia Persdotter
AstraZeneca R and D Lund, Lund, Sweden
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 143:201-10. 2007..To address this, we studied the effects of a LABA, formoterol (FORM), and a GC, budesonide (BUD), alone and in combination, on bronchial epithelial cell-mediated eosinophil superoxide production in vitro.
- Preparation and in vitro/in vivo evaluation of dextran matrix tablets of budesonide in experimental ulcerative colitis in ratsFatemeh Ahmadi
Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Isfahan, Iran
Drug Deliv 18:122-30. 2011b>Budesonide is an anti-inflammatory drug of choice for treatment of ulcerative colitis which affects the rectum and a part of or the entire colon...
- Preparation of budesonide- and indomethacin-hydroxypropyl-beta-cyclodextrin (HPBCD) complexes using a single-step, organic-solvent-free supercritical fluid processNagesh Bandi
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 6025, USA
Eur J Pharm Sci 23:159-68. 2004The purpose of this study was to determine whether budesonide- and indomethacin-hydroxypropyl-beta-cyclodextrin (HPBCD) complexes could be formed using a supercritical fluid (SCF) process...
- A real-life cost-effectiveness evaluation of budesonide/formoterol maintenance and reliever therapy in asthmaB Stallberg
Department of Public Health and Caring Sciences, Family Medicine and Clinical Epidemiology, Uppsala University, Science Park, Uppsala, Sweden
Respir Med 102:1360-70. 2008..To evaluate direct asthma-related costs in Swedish primary care in a real-life setting...
- A comparison of budesonide/formoterol maintenance and reliever therapy versus conventional best practice in asthma management in SpainSantiago Quirce
Department of Allergy, Hospital La Paz, IdiPAZ, Madrid, Spain
J Asthma 48:839-47. 2011To study the effectiveness and safety in a real-life setting of budesonide/formoterol (Symbicort) Maintenance And Reliever Therapy® (Symbicort SMART®), a simplified management approach with one inhaler, compared with conventional best ..
- Once-daily budesonide MMX® extended-release tablets induce remission in patients with mild to moderate ulcerative colitis: results from the CORE I studyWilliam J Sandborn
Division of Gastroenterology, University of California San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, California 92093 0956, USA
Gastroenterology 143:1218-26.e1-2. 2012b>Budesonide is a corticosteroid with minimal systemic corticosteroid activity due to first-pass hepatic metabolism...
- Effects of intranasal budesonide on symptoms, quality of life, and performance in elite athletes with allergic rhinoconjunctivitisConstance H Katelaris
Institute of Immunology and Allergy Research, Westmead Hospital, Sydney, Australia
Clin J Sport Med 12:296-300. 2002To assess change in symptoms, quality of life (QOL), and performance ability before, during, and after treatment with budesonide in a group of Olympic and Paralympic athletes with seasonal allergic rhinoconjunctivitis (SAR/C).
- A comparison of budesonide/formoterol maintenance and reliever therapy vs. conventional best practice in asthma managementR Louis
Pneumology, CHU Sart Tilman, Liege, Belgium
Int J Clin Pract 63:1479-88. 2009To study the effectiveness and safety of budesonide/formoterol (Symbicort) Maintenance And Reliever Therapy (Symbicort SMART, AstraZeneca, Södertalje, Sweden), a simplified management approach with one inhaler compared with conventional ..
- Budesonide/formoterol (Symbicort) is well tolerated and effective in patients with moderate persistent asthmaL Rosenhall
Lung and Allergy Clinic, Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Huddinge University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Int J Clin Pract 56:427-33. 2002The aim of this study was to compare the safety and efficacy of budesonide/formoterol 160/4.5 microg, two inhalations twice daily, with that of the mono-products administered at the same daily doses via separate inhalers...
- Increased transmucosal uptake of E. coli K12 in collagenous colitis persists after budesonide treatmentAndreas Münch
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Linkopings University, Sweden
Am J Gastroenterol 104:679-85. 2009..Our aim was to investigate the mucosal barrier to nonpathogenic bacteria in collagenous colitis...
- Comparative effectiveness of budesonide/formoterol and fluticasone/salmeterol for COPD managementMelissa Roberts
Lovelace Clinic Foundation, Albuquerque, NM, USA
J Med Econ 14:769-76. 2011To compare the effectiveness of budesonide/formoterol fumarate dihydrate (BFC) and fluticasone propionate/salmeterol (FSC), two combination inhaled corticosteroid/long-acting beta-agonist (ICS/LABA) products approved for the treatment of ..
- The skin vasoconstrictor assay does not correlate significantly to airway or systemic responsiveness to inhaled budesonide in asthmatic patientsAndrew M Wilson
Asthma and Allergy Research Group, Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee, DD1 9SY, UK
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 58:643-7. 2003..The aim was to a assess whether skin vasoconstrictor assay might predict airway and systemic tissue responsiveness to inhaled budesonide in patients with asthma.
- Bioefficacy of budesonide loaded crosslinked polyelectrolyte microparticles in rat model of induced colitisM Simonoska Crcarevska
Institute of Pharmaceutical Technology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Ss Cyril and Methodius University, Skopje, Macedonia
J Drug Target 17:788-802. 2009..delivery system for inflammatory bowel diseases, chitosan-Ca-alginate microparticles efficiently loaded with budesonide (BDS), were designed using one-step spray-drying process...
- Eosinophils and eosinophilic cationic protein in induced sputum and blood: effects of budesonide and terbutaline treatmentRuth E Aldridge
Canterbury Respiratory Research Unit, Christchurch School of Medicine, University of Otago, Christchurch Hospital, Christchurch, New Zealand
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 89:492-7. 2002..Eosinophilic cationic protein (ECP) levels in sputum and blood correlate with clinical severity, and serial measurements of ECP have been proposed as a suitable candidate...
- Chitosan coated Ca-alginate microparticles loaded with budesonide for delivery to the inflamed colonic mucosaMaja Simonoska Crcarevska
Institute of Pharmaceutical Technology, Ss Cyril and Methodius University, Skopje, Macedonia
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 68:565-78. 2008..process uncoated and Eudragit S 100 coated chitosan-Ca-alginate microparticles efficiently loaded with budesonide (BDS), with bioadhesive and controlled release properties in GIT, were prepared...
- New drug VS-110 for treating inflammatory bowel diseasesJinshyun Ruth Wu-Wong; Fiscal Year: 2013..Currently drugs for anti-inflammatory diseases in the GI tract such as mesalamine (Asacol, Lialda, Pentasa) and budesonide achieved US$2.9 billion in annual worldwide sales in 2011...
- Heart Rate Variability Biofeedback: Its Role in Asthma TherapeuticsPaul M Lehrer; Fiscal Year: 2013..In an exploratory analysis, we also will estimate its proportional effect compared with a recommended dose of budesonide. To best observe the effects of HRV-BF on airways biology we will study steroid-naove patients with mild to ..
- PHARMACOGENOMICS OF INHALED CORTICOSTEROIDS TO REDUCE COPD EXACERBATIONSCraig P Hersh; Fiscal Year: 2013..We propose to test this hypothesis in a clinical trial of ICS (budesonide, Pulmicort) or ICS/long acting beta-agonist combination (budesonide/ formoterol, Symbicort) in subjects with ..
- Transcleral Therapeutics in Diabetic RetinopathyUday B Kompella; Fiscal Year: 2013..the principles learned from celecoxib prodrugs will be extrapolated to three other model lipophilic drugs, budesonide, ruboxistaurin, and nimesulide. These drugs are of potential therapeutic value in treating diabetic retinopathy...
- Collaborative Clinical Research on HepatotoxicityNaga P Chalasani; Fiscal Year: 2013..this unmet therapeutic need, we propose to conduct a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled pilot study of budesonide in individuals with well characterized hepatocellular DILI meeting predefined eligibility criteria...
- Efficacy of Liposomal Budesonide in Experimental AsthmaKAMESWARI KONDURI; Fiscal Year: 2004..We propose to investigate the hypothesis that when budesonide, a frequently prescribed inhaled steroid, is encapsulated into sterically-stabilized "stealth" liposomes, it ..
- Chemoprevention of Early Pulmonary Lesions in MiceALVIN MALKINSON; Fiscal Year: 2004..b>Budesonide, a synthetic glucocorticoid, and three other anti-inflammatory drugs, each with a unique mechanism of action, ..
- Molecular Pathogenesis of Cystic Fibrosis Liver DiseaseMartin Carey; Fiscal Year: 2007..normalizing the lumenal pH using amiloride, a carbonic anhydrase agonist, or by upregulating ASBT activity with budesonide. The molecular insights from these hypothesis-driven specific aims should provide data, molecular understanding ..
- Selenium Prevention of Tobacco Smoke-Induced Lung CancerTeresa Fan; Fiscal Year: 2005..whether a synergism exists between Se and other chemopreventive agents such as the glucocorticoid hormone budesonide and retinoid isotretinoin in TS induction of lung cancers...
- Chemoprevention in Mice after Tobacco Smoke ExposureHanspeter Witschi; Fiscal Year: 2004..examine whether the topical administration to the tissues of the respiratory tract of other suppressing agents (budesonide- epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), isotretinoin, or lovastatin) may increase their efficacy while at the same ..
- EFFICACY STUDIES OF CHEMOPREVENTIVE AGENTSLee Wattenberg; Fiscal Year: 1999..Determine the maximum tolerated dose for budesonide and phenethylisothiocyanate (PEITC) given by aerosol...
- Adherence & Treatment Outcome in Adolescents in CAMPCSBruce Bender; Fiscal Year: 2003..Recently analyzed data from the Childhood Asthma Management Program (CAMP) has revealed that average budesonide adherence was 77 percent in the first year but dropped to 55 percent in year four of this multicenter pediatric ..
- EFFICACY STUDIES OF CHEMOPREVENTIVE AGENTS IN ANIMAL MODLee Wattenberg; Fiscal Year: 2000..Recently the aerosolized administration of budesonide has been shown to markedly inhibit B[a]P induced adenoma formation in lungs of the Strain A mouse...
- EFFICACY OF CHEMOPREVENTIVE AGENTS IN ANIMAL MODELSLee Wattenberg; Fiscal Year: 1999..Recently the aerosolized administration of budesonide has been shown to markedly inhibit B[a]P induced adenoma formation in lungs of the Strain A mouse...
- EFFICACY STUDIES OF CHEMOPREVENTIVE AGENTSLee Wattenberg; Fiscal Year: 2000..Recently the aerosolized administration of budesonide has been shown to markedly inhibit B[a]P induced adenoma formation in lungs of the Strain A mouse (Wattenberg et ..
- Childhood Asthma Research and Education Network: Denver SiteStanley Szefler; Fiscal Year: 2008..End of abstract.) [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- INFLAMMATION & CORTICOSTEROID RESPONSES IN SEVERE ASTHMAKIAN CHUNG; Fiscal Year: 2005..The molecular mechanisms underlying loss of CR will be examined. These studies should lead to more effective therapies for chronic severe asthma. ..
- ASTHMA AND INTERVENTIONS IN THE EMERGENCY DEPARTMENTRobert Strunk; Fiscal Year: 2002..The intent to treat model will be used, as primary outcome can be obtained after consent even if not contact cannot be made at 2 week and 6 month phone calls. ..
- CARE Network--St. Louis CenterRobert Strunk; Fiscal Year: 2008..End of abstract.) [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Dendritic Cell Vaccination During Lymphoid ReconstitutionJeffrey Weber; Fiscal Year: 2008..Toxicity as well as clinical response will be secondary endpoints. The cohort with the optimal level of immune response will be taken forward in future studies. ..
- LUNG HEALTH STUDY--LONG TERM FOLLOW UPDonald Tashkin; Fiscal Year: 2002..All ten of the original LHS clinical centers plan to participate in this study. To minimize bias, all surviving participants of the LHS will be invited to participate, giving a potential sample size of 5600. ..
- Distal Lung Inflammation Effect on Asthma ExacerbationsDonald Tashkin; Fiscal Year: 2008..This study has the potential to clarify the contribution of the "silent zone" to the persistent morbidity encountered with asthma. ..
- CTLA-4 Inhibition and Autoimmunity in MelanomaJeffrey Weber; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- IN VITRO/IN VIVO ACTIVATED DENDRITIC CELLS FOR MELANOMAJeffrey Weber; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Severe Asthma From Respiratory InfectionsWilliam W Busse; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will provide new insights into the mechanisms of asthma, particularly severe disease, and possibilities of new approaches to treatment. ..
- HPV DNA VACCINE FOR CERVICAL PRE NEOPLASIAJeffrey Weber; Fiscal Year: 2003..To insure that spontaneous regression does not account for a portion of the responses, baseline measurements will be followed one month later by a second set of assessments prior to the start of the vaccine. ..
- MECHANISMS OF RHINOVIRUS INDUCED ASTHMAWilliam Busse; Fiscal Year: 2002..The proposed studies will provide new evidence as the mechanisms by which RV-infected epithelial cells cause granulocytic bronchial inflammation and asthma exacerbations. ..
- SCLERODERMA LUNG STUDYDonald Tashkin; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- IL-12 as an Adjuvant for a Melanoma Peptide VaccineJeffrey Weber; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results of those assays will be used to design randomized phase III trials for resected high risk melanoma and to develop strategies for overcoming antigen-specific unresponsiveness in melanoma patients. ..
- Role of eosinophils in intestinal epithelial dysfunctionGlenn Furuta; Fiscal Year: 2009..Long-term goals of these studies are the identification of specific diagnostic tests for EOGs and the development of novel eosinophil specific treatments. ..
- Prospective Study of Dietary Factors, BMI, and Risk of Asthma in ChildrenCarlos Camargo; Fiscal Year: 2008..The proposed study is cost-effective, as it makes use of an existing cohort, and it will provide information that could have direct clinical application to reduce risk of asthma. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ASTHMA CLINICAL RESEARCH NETWORK (ACRN)Stephen Peters; Fiscal Year: 2007..therapy using patient adjusted doses of an inhaled corticosteroid/long acting beta-agonist combination (budesonide 160 mu g/formoterol 4...
- Innovative Investigations and Therapies for AsthmaRichard Martin; Fiscal Year: 2007..The ability to predict who will and will not respond to corticosteroids and additive therapy will greatly improve our ability to treat asthma effectively. ..
- Prospective Study of Diet, Physical Activity, BMI and Risk of Pulmonary EmbolismCarlos Camargo; Fiscal Year: 2008..We believe that quantifying these modifiable risk factors will lead to public health interventions that decrease the incidence of pulmonary embolism in the elderly population. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Genotype-Phenotype Interactions in Severe AsthmaEUGENE ROLAND BLEECKER; Fiscal Year: 2010..We feel strongly that collaborative research is necessary to meet the goals of this RFA and is crucial to genetic studies. We will continue to participate as an active member of SARP II. ..
- CARE Network-UCSD Clinical CenterRobert Zeiger; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Dysbiosis in Inflammatory Bowel DiseaseEce Mutlu; Fiscal Year: 2008..ALH may enable a real-time survey of microfloral changes for the first time in medicine and may provide the first evidence linking IBD with specific microbial patterns. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CARCINOGENIC CYCLIC NITROSAMINE DNA ADDUCTSStephen S Hecht; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed research is significant because of the known human exposure to these carcinogens through the diet, tobacco products, and endogenous formation. ..
- Response to Beta2-Agonists in Acute Severe AsthmaNicola Hanania; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Lung Cancer Chemoprevention: Isothiocyanates, inositolStephen Hecht; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Dietary Treatment of Crohn's DiseaseEce Mutlu; Fiscal Year: 2007..Significance. This study could provide information to suggest diet as a safe therapy for IBD and lay the groundwork for more definitive, randomized, controlled trials. ..
- Genetic studies in difficult to treat asthma: TENOREugene Bleecker; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Chemoprevention of Tobacco Related Cancer in AnimalsMichael Pereira; Fiscal Year: 2004..carcinogens including cigarette smoke has ceased the animals will be administered the chemo-preventive agents: budesonide and the farnesyl transferase inhibitor, R115777 in the lung studies and budesonide, ketoprofen and sulindac in ..
- Multi-site Trial of Azathioprine Dosing in Crohn DiseaseStephen Hanauer; Fiscal Year: 2003..Predictive models will be performed to assess responsiveness based upon initial and inducible TPMT activity and achievable 6-TGN and 6-MMPR metabolite based upon incremental AZA dosing. ..
- ASTHMA CHRONOBIOLOGY: CENTRAL AND LUNG INTERACTIONSRichard Martin; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- METABOLISM OF CARCINOGENIC TOBACCO SPECIFIC NITROSAMINESStephen Hecht; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Protection from Fas-mediated apoptosis in the gutMaria Abreu; Fiscal Year: 2002..The support from this R03 will permit me to successfully compete for an R01 and make the transition to an independent investigator. ..
- DIET AND CHRONIC OBSTRUCTIVE PULMONARY DISEASECarlos Camargo; Fiscal Year: 2002..The proposed study is cost-effective, as it makes use of an existing cohort, and it will provide information that could have direct clinical application to reduce risk of COPD. ..
- ASTHMA CLINICAL RESEARCH NETWORK (ACRN)Richard Martin; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- NATURAL AND INDUCED IMMUNITY AGAINST HELICOBACTER PYLORIPierre Michetti; Fiscal Year: 2001..felis infection and during mucosal immunization in both mice and humans. These studies may also contribute to the development of effective vaccination strategies against other enteric pathogens. ..
- ASSESSMENT MODE AND VALIDITY OF SELF-REPORTS IN CHILDRENBruce Bender; Fiscal Year: 2004..Results from this investigation are expected to have immediate and direct implication for clinical research in asthma and with other chronic conditions. ..
- ROLE OF CD40-CD40 LIGAND IN PRIMARY BILIARY CIRRHOSISMARLYN MAYO; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies will provide insight into the role of T cells in the pathogenesis of PBC and provide information useful in developing new treatment modalities. ..
- In Vitro Cancer Prevention Biomarker DevelopmentEugene Elmore; Fiscal Year: 2004..Using cluster analysis, we will determine the global gene expression changes induced by each agent. The strength of the proposed approach lies in the high quality data that has already determined from the HEC Assay. ..
- Models and technologies for defining phenotypeEugene Bleecker; Fiscal Year: 2006..A heavy emphasis will be placed on discussing, demonstrating, and where feasible performing approaches and techniques useful for characterization of "phenotype" ..
- Role of TLR4 in Acute and Chronic Murine ColitisMaria Abreu; Fiscal Year: 2006..We will use the support from this R21 to generate robust animal models that establish the requirement for TLR4 in the initiation and perpetuation of intestinal inflammation. ..
- IMMUNE MECHANISMS OF MIDDLE EAR DISEASEDavid Skoner; Fiscal Year: 2006..The primary hypothesis is that cytokine genotype is predictive of illness expression and of OM incidence during a documented RSV infection in young children. ..
- Tobacco CarcinogenesisStephen Hecht; Fiscal Year: 2005..Steven Tannenbaum (MIT), Dr. Jack Henningfield (Johns Hopkins and Pinney Associates), Drs. Jeffrey Seeman and Anthony Tricker (Philip Morris), and Dr. John Lauterbach (an independent consultant, formerly with Brown and Williamson). ..
- Subconjunctival Route to Prolong Corticosteroid DeliveryUday Kompella; Fiscal Year: 2005..study proposes subconjunctivally injectable biodegradable nano- and micro-particles to sustain the delivery of budesonide, a corticosteroid, to the posterior segment of the eye for a few months...
- Molecular Characterization of the SLC19A2 PromoterJACK REIDLING; Fiscal Year: 2005..Nothing is known about possible regulation of the thiamine uptake process during development and whether this includes promoter regulation. These issues will be addressed in this proposal. ..
- Multi-site Trial of Azathioprine Dosing in Crohn DiseaseStephen Hanauer; Fiscal Year: 2004..Predictive models will be performed to assess responsiveness based upon initial and inducible TPMT activity and achievable 6-TGN and 6-MMPR metabolite based upon incremental AZA dosing. ..
- 1Treatment of Cholestatic Pruritus With SertralineMARLYN MAYO; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies will serve as pilot trials. The results of this proposed project will be used to design a larger controlled trial that could be proposed for funding through an R01 mechanism. ..
- CONTROL OF IGE MEDIATED PULMONARY INFLAMMATION IN HUMANSStephen Peters; Fiscal Year: 2001....