Genomes and Genes
Summary: A PREDNISOLONE derivative with similar anti-inflammatory action.
Publications323 found, 100 shown here
- Methylprednisolone infusion in early severe ARDS: results of a randomized controlled trialG Umberto Meduri
Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, 956 Court Ave, Room H316, Memphis, TN 38163, USA
Chest 131:954-63. 2007To determine the effects of low-dose prolonged methylprednisolone infusion on lung function in patients with early severe ARDS.
- Tonsillectomy and steroid pulse therapy significantly impact on clinical remission in patients with IgA nephropathyO Hotta
Department of Nephrology, Sendai Shakaihoken Hospital, Sendai, Japan
Am J Kidney Dis 38:736-43. 2001..model with 13 independent covariates, initial Scr level, histological score, tonsillectomy, and high-dose methylprednisolone therapy had a significant impact on clinical remission, whereas proteinuria, age, sex, levels of hematuria, ..
- Enhanced brain delivery of liposomal methylprednisolone improved therapeutic efficacy in a model of neuroinflammationPieter J Gaillard
to BBB technologies BV, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Control Release 164:364-9. 2012..However, their side effects are dose limiting. To optimally improve the therapeutic window of methylprednisolone, we enhanced its CNS delivery by using pegylated liposomes conjugated to the brain-targeting ligand ..
- Intratympanic versus intravenous delivery of methylprednisolone to cochlear perilymphPhilip A Bird
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Christchurch Hospital, New Zealand
Otol Neurotol 28:1124-30. 2007To compare methylprednisolone concentrations in the perilymph of the human ear and in plasma after intratympanic (IT) or intravenous (IV) administration.
- Repeated pulse of methylprednisolone and cyclophosphamide with continuous dexamethasone therapy for patients with severe paraquat poisoningJa Liang Lin
Division of Clinical Toxicology and Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Lin Kou Medical Center, Chang Gung University, School of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Crit Care Med 34:368-73. 2006..severe paraquat-poisoned patients with >50% to <90% predictive mortality: initial pulse therapy with methylprednisolone (1 g/day for 3 days) and cyclophosphamide (15 mg/kg/day for 2 days), followed by dexamethasone 20 mg/day ..
- Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, pilot trial of high-dose methylprednisolone in aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhagePhilippe Gomis
Departement d Anesthésie Réanimation et Biostatistiques, Hopital Maison Blanche, Reims, France
J Neurosurg 112:681-8. 2010The object of this study was to determine the efficacy of methylprednisolone in reducing symptomatic vasospasm and poor outcomes after subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH).
- Comparison of cyclosporine A with methylprednisolone for treatment of canine atopic dermatitis: a parallel, blinded, randomized controlled trialJean Steffan
Novartis Animal Health Inc, CH 4002, Basel, Switzerland
Vet Dermatol 14:11-22. 2003..study was to evaluate the efficacy and the safety of cyclosporine (CsA group, 117 dogs) in comparison with methylprednisolone (MP group, 59 dogs) in the treatment of atopic dermatitis for 4 months...
- Duration of lipid peroxidation after acute spinal cord injury in rats and the effect of methylprednisoloneSean D Christie
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Neurosurg Focus 25:E5. 2008..The objectives of this study were to determine the duration of lipid peroxidation following acute SCI and the efficacy of short-and long-term administration of methylprednisolone on decreasing lipid peroxidation.
- Multiple bioimaging modalities in evaluation of an experimental osteonecrosis induced by a combination of lipopolysaccharide and methylprednisoloneL Qin
Musculoskeletal Research Laboratory, Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, PR China
Bone 39:863-71. 2006..extravascular events attributing to steroid-associated osteonecrosis (ON) using an experimental protocol with a single low-dose lipopolysaccharide (LPS) injection and subsequently three injections of high-dose methylprednisolone (MPS).
- Effects of combining methylprednisolone with rolipram on functional recovery in adult rats following spinal cord injuryYing Yin
Department of Clinical Laboratory Science, Wuxi People s Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Wuxi, PR China
Neurochem Int 62:903-12. 2013b>Methylprednisolone (MP) has been widely used as a standard therapeutic agent for the treatment of spinal cord injury (SCI)...
- Effect of tonsillectomy plus steroid pulse therapy on clinical remission of IgA nephropathy: a controlled studyHiroyuki Komatsu
Circulatory and Body Fluid Regulation, Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Miyazaki, Kiyotake, Miyazaki, 889 1692, Japan
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 3:1301-7. 2008..A prospective, controlled study therefore was performed to compare the effects of combined therapy with those of steroid pulse alone in patients with IgA nephropathy...
- Early donor management increases the retrieval rate of lungs for transplantationRajamiyer V Venkateswaran
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery Heart and Lung Transplantation Unit, University Hospital Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust, Birmingham, United Kingdom
Ann Thorac Surg 85:278-86; discussion 286. 2008..Lung transplantation activity is frustrated by donor lung availability. We sought to examine the effect of active donor management and hormone administration on pulmonary function and yield in cadaveric heart-beating potential lung donors...
- Acute glucocorticoid administration rapidly suppresses basal and stress-induced hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal axis activityMarcus H Andrews
Henry Wellcome Laboratories for Integrative Neuroscience and Endocrinology, University of Bristol, Bristol BS1 3NY, United Kingdom
Endocrinology 153:200-11. 2012..The glucocorticoid agonist methylprednisolone (5-2000 μg) or dexamethasone (5-500 μg) injected iv at the peak of the diurnal rhythm caused dose-..
- The mechanism of action of methylprednisolone in the treatment of multiple sclerosisJ S Sloka
Faculty of Medicine Neurology, Memorial University of Newfoundland, NL, Canada
Mult Scler 11:425-32. 2005b>Methylprednisolone plays an important role in the current treatment of multiple sclerosis (MS), particularly in the acute phase of relapse...
- Changes of the MS functional composite and EDSS during and after treatment of relapses with methylprednisolone in patients with multiple sclerosisT Patzold
Department of Neurology, BG Kliniken Bergmannsheil, Ruhr University Bochum, FRG
Acta Neurol Scand 105:164-8. 2002..We examined the responsiveness of the MSFC compared with the Expanded Disability Status Scale (EDSS) during treatment of relapses in patients with multiple sclerosis (MS)...
- Etanercept plus methylprednisolone as initial therapy for acute graft-versus-host diseaseJohn E Levine
Department of Pediatrics, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Blood 111:2470-5. 2008..We conclude that etanercept plus steroids as initial therapy for acute GVHD results in a substantial majority of CRs. This trial was referenced at www.clinicaltrials.gov as NCT00141713...
- Human infection with highly pathogenic avian influenza virus (H5N1) in northern Vietnam, 2004-2005Nguyen Duc Hien
National Institute of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, Hanoi, Vietnam
Emerg Infect Dis 15:19-23. 2009..24), respectively, and were 33.3% (5/15) and 14.2% (2/14) among patients treated with and without methylprednisolone (p = 0.39), respectively...
- Prophylactic treatment of episodic cluster headache with intravenous bolus of methylprednisoloneP Mir
Department of Neurology, University Hospital Virgen del Rocio, Avda Manuel Siurot s n, 41013 Seville, Spain
Neurol Sci 24:318-21. 2003We evaluated the efficacy of intravenous boluses of methylprednisolone followed by prednisone as a prophylactic treatment for episodic cluster headache. Fourteen male patients (mean age, 42...
- Combination therapy with pulse cyclophosphamide plus pulse methylprednisolone improves long-term renal outcome without adding toxicity in patients with lupus nephritisG G Illei
Arthritis and Rheumatism Branch, National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, National Institutes of Health, 10 Center Drive, Building 10, Room 9S 205, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Ann Intern Med 135:248-57. 2001..The long-term effectiveness and side-effect profiles of pulse immunosuppressive regimens warrant further study...
- A phase two randomised controlled double blind trial of high dose intravenous methylprednisolone and oral prednisolone versus intravenous normal saline and oral prednisolone in individuals with leprosy type 1 reactions and/or nerve function impairmentStephen L Walker
Department of Clinical Research, Faculty of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, United Kingdom
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 5:e1041. 2011..b>Methylprednisolone has been used in other Th1 mediated diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis in an attempt to switch off the ..
- Methylprednisolone inhibits production of interleukin-1beta and interleukin-6 in the spinal cord following compression injury in ratsEugene S Fu
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
J Neurosurg Anesthesiol 17:82-5. 2005..This study sought to evaluate the effects of methylprednisolone (MP) on IL-1beta and IL-6 protein in spinal cord tissue following SCI...
- The therapeutic window after spinal cord injury can accommodate T cell-based vaccination and methylprednisolone in ratsAntonio Ibarra
Department of Neurobiology, The Weizmann Institute of Science, 76100 Rehovot, Israel
Eur J Neurosci 19:2984-90. 2004..As the steroid drug methylprednisolone (MP) is currently the only treatment available for patients with SCI, our purpose in the present study was ..
- Anti-aquaporin-4 antibody is involved in the pathogenesis of NMO: a study on antibody titreToshiyuki Takahashi
Department of Neurology, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 1 Seiryomachi, Aobaku, Sendai 980 8574, Japan
Brain 130:1235-43. 2007..Anti-AQP4 antibody titres became lower after high-dose methylprednisolone, and a follow-up showed anti-AQP4 antibody titres remained low in relapse-free periods under ..
- Posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome in neuromyelitis optica spectrum disordersS M Magaña
Department of Neurology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Neurology 72:712-7. 2009..It has been associated with hypertensive crises and with immunosuppressive medications but not with neuromyelitis optica (NMO)...
- Suprascapular nerve block (using bupivacaine and methylprednisolone acetate) in chronic shoulder painE M Shanahan
Rheumatology Research Unit, Repatriation General Hospital, Daw Park South Australia, Australia 5041
Ann Rheum Dis 62:400-6. 2003..There have been no large randomised placebo controlled trials examining the efficacy of suprascapular nerve block for shoulder pain in arthritis and/or degenerative disease using pain and disability end points...
- Methylprednisolone reduces the early vascular permeability increase in spinal nerve roots induced by epidural nucleus pulposus applicationG Byröd
Department of Orthopaedics, Goteborg University, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Gothenburg, Sweden
J Orthop Res 18:983-7. 2000..early vascular reactions and the possibility of blocking these reactions with intravenous, high-dose, methylprednisolone pretreatment. In 25 pigs, the S2 and S3 nerve roots were exposed...
- High efficacy of bolus methylprednisolone in severe leptospirosis: a descriptive study in Sri LankaSenanayake A M Kularatne
Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Peradeniya, Peradeniya, Sri Lanka
Postgrad Med J 87:13-7. 2011..Addition of intravenous methylprednisolone (MP) to the treatment regimen of severely ill patients was implemented on the basis of immune mediated ..
- Fungal infections associated with contaminated methylprednisolone in TennesseeMarion A Kainer
Division of Communicable and Environmental Diseases and Emergency Preparedness, Tennessee Department of Health, 1st Fl, Cordell Hull Bldg, 425 5th Ave N, Nashville, TN 37243, USA
N Engl J Med 367:2194-203. 2012..of fungal infections of the central nervous system that occurred among patients who received epidural or paraspinal glucocorticoid injections of preservative-free methylprednisolone acetate prepared by a single compounding pharmacy.
- Intravenous methylprednisolone in idiopathic childhood nephrotic syndromeMohan Shenoy
Department of Paediatric Nephrology, Royal Manchester Children s Hospital, Manchester, UK
Pediatr Nephrol 25:899-903. 2010..the clinical course of children with idiopathic childhood nephrotic syndrome (ICNS) who received intravenous methylprednisolone (ivMP) following failure to achieve remission with standard oral prednisolone therapy...
- Complete remission within 2 years predicts a good prognosis after methylprednisolone pulse therapy in patients with IgA nephropathyMiho Tatematsu
Department of Nephrology, Internal Medicine, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, 65 Tsurumai Cho, Showa Ku, Nagoya 466 8560, Japan
Clin Exp Nephrol 16:883-91. 2012..Pozzi et al. reported the effectiveness of steroid pulse therapy (Pozzi's regimen) in IgA nephropathy (IgAN). The present study was performed to clarify the predictive factors for IgAN patients treated with Pozzi's regimen...
- Direct effect of methylprednisolone on renal sodium and water transport via the principal cells in the kidneyThomas G Lauridsen
Department of Medical Research, Holstebro Hospital, University of Aarhus, Holstebro, Denmark
Eur J Endocrinol 162:961-9. 2010Glucocorticoids influence renal concentrating and diluting ability. We tested the hypothesis that methylprednisolone treatment increased renal water and sodium absorption by increased absorption via the aquaporin-2 (AQP2) water channels ..
- Alemtuzumab in combination with methylprednisolone is a highly effective induction regimen for patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia and deletion of TP53: final results of the national cancer research institute CLL206 trialAndrew R Pettitt
University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
J Clin Oncol 30:1647-55. 2012..TP53 defects are not associated with resistance to the anti-CD52 monoclonal antibody alemtuzumab or methylprednisolone. In an attempt to improve the treatment of TP53-defective CLL, a multicenter phase II study was developed to ..
- Effects of methylprednisolone and a biocompatible copolymer circuit on blood activation during cardiopulmonary bypassFraser D Rubens
Division of Cardiac Surgery, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Ann Thorac Surg 79:655-65. 2005..This trial addresses the efficacy of a biocompatible surface alone and in combination with steroids in inhibiting these changes...
- Evaluation of response of multiple sclerosis (MS) relapse to oral high-dose methylprednisolone: usefulness of MS functional composite and Expanded Disability Status ScaleA M Pascual
Department of Neurology, Hospital Universitario La Fe, Valencia, Spain
Eur J Neurol 15:284-8. 2008..after relapse was conducted among 14 multiple sclerosis (MS) patients treated with oral high-dose (1 g) methylprednisolone for 3 days. MSFC and the EDSS were assessed on day 0, before treatment and, 1, 4 and 12 weeks afterwards...
- Methylcobalamin, but not methylprednisolone or pleiotrophin, accelerates the recovery of rat biceps after ulnar to musculocutaneous nerve transferW C Liao
Institute of Anatomy and Cell Biology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Neuroscience 171:934-49. 2010..Here we explored whether anti-inflammatory drug- methylprednisolone, regeneration/myelination-enhancing agent- methylcobalamin and neurite growth-enhancing and angiogenic ..
- Melatonin effect on bone metabolism in rats treated with methylprednisoloneMarta G Ladizesky
Departamento de Fisiologia, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Pineal Res 40:297-304. 2006..melatonin (25 microg/mL of drinking water, about 500 microg/day) on a 10-wk long treatment of male rats with methylprednisolone (5 mg/kg s.c., 5 days/wk)...
- Perioperative methylprednisolone and outcome in neonates undergoing heart surgerySara K Pasquali
Department of Pediatrics, Duke University Medical Center, Duke Clinical Research Institute, Durham, NC, USA
Pediatrics 129:e385-91. 2012..We evaluated outcomes across methylprednisolone regimens versus no steroids in a large cohort of neonates.
- Intravenous immunoglobulin versus intravenous methylprednisolone for chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy: a randomised controlled trialEduardo Nobile-Orazio
Department of Translational Medicine, Milan University, 2nd Neurology, IRCCS Humanitas Clinical Institute, Rozzano, Milan, Italy
Lancet Neurol 11:493-502. 2012..We compared the efficacy and tolerability of 6-month therapy with IVIg versus that with intravenous methylprednisolone.
- Phase 2 trial of combined cisplatin, etoposide, gemcitabine, and methylprednisolone (PEGS) in peripheral T-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma: Southwest Oncology Group Study S0350Daruka Mahadevan
Section of Hematology, University of Arizona Arizona Cancer Center, Tucson, Arizona 85724, USA
Cancer 119:371-9. 2013..multidrug resistance gene 1/P-glycoprotein (MDR-1/P-gp), we devised platinum, etoposide, gemcitabine, and methylprednisolone (PEGS) with agents that are not substrates of the efflux pump...
- Randomized clinical trial of the effects of methylprednisolone on renal function after major vascular surgeryS Turner
Academic Unit of Anaesthesia, Leeds General Infirmary, Leeds, UK
Br J Surg 95:50-6. 2008..Studies of cardiac and hepatic transplant surgery have demonstrated beneficial effects on renal function of high-dose methylprednisolone administered before surgery.
- The pharmacokinetic profiles of dexamethasone and methylprednisolone concentration in perilymph and plasma following systemic and local administrationJun Yang
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Xinhua Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
Acta Otolaryngol 128:496-504. 2008Both methylprednisolone (MTH) and dexamethasone (DEX) could successfully and effectively penetrate the round window membrane (RWM) into perilymph...
- Remission of the clinical signs of atopic dermatitis in dogs after cessation of treatment with cyclosporin A or methylprednisoloneJ Steffan
Novartis Animal Health, CH 4002 Basel, Switzerland
Vet Rec 154:681-4. 2004Seventy-eight dogs with atopic dermatitis were treated for four months with either cyclosporin A or methylprednisolone. During the two months after the treatment ceased, 87 per cent of the dogs treated with methylprednisolone relapsed ..
- Combined initial cyclophosphamide with repeated methylprednisolone pulse therapy for severe paraquat poisoning from dermal exposureNan Chieh Lin
Poison Center, Department of Internal Medicine, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Lin Kou Medical Center, Chang Gung Medical College and University, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
J Toxicol Clin Toxicol 41:877-81. 2003..treated with combined initial megadoses of cyclophosphamide (15 mg/kg/day, total 2 days) with repeated methylprednisolone pulse therapy (15 mg/kg/day, total 6 days) and continuous dexamethasone administration (5 mg every 8 hr), ..
- The effectiveness of combined treatment with methylprednisolone and cyclophosphamide in oral paraquat poisoningSaeed Afzali
Poisoning Ward, Sina Hospital, Hamadan, Iran
Arch Iran Med 11:387-91. 2008..So, this study was designed to evaluate the effects of combined treatment with cyclophosphamide and glucocorticoids in patients with paraquat poisoning...
- Effects of diphenhydramine HCl and methylprednisolone in the prevention of abdominal adhesionsF M Avsar
Ankara Numune Training Research and Hospital, Clinic of 1st Surgery, Ankara, Turkey
Am J Surg 181:512-5. 2001The purpose of this study was to determine the effects of diphenhydramine hydrochloride and methylprednisolone in peritoneal adhesions.
- Airway remodeling-associated mediators in moderate to severe asthma: effect of steroids on TGF-beta, IL-11, IL-17, and type I and type III collagen expressionJamila Chakir
Centre de Recherche, Hopital Laval, Institut Universitaire de Cardiologie et de Pneumologie, Laval, Quebec, Canada
J Allergy Clin Immunol 111:1293-8. 2003..TGF-beta, IL-11, and IL-17 are profibrotic cytokines involved in the formation of subepithelial fibrosis and are increased in patients with asthma, particularly in those with severe disease...
- Autophagy is activated in injured neurons and inhibited by methylprednisolone after experimental spinal cord injuryHsien Chih Chen
Department of Neurosurgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Keelung, Taiwan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 37:470-5. 2012..Experimental, controlled trial, animal study...
- Effects of dexmedetomidine or methylprednisolone on inflammatory responses in spinal cord injuryM Can
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Karaelmas University, Zonguldak, Turkey
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 53:1068-72. 2009The aim of this study was to compare the anti-inflammatory response of methylprednisolone and the alpha2-agonist dexmedetomidine in spinal cord injury (SCI).
- Hearing evaluation of intratympanic methylprednisolone perfusion for refractory sudden sensorineural hearing lossWandong She
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Nanjing Drum Tower Hospital, Nanjing University Medical School, 321 Zhongshan Road, Nanjing 210008, China
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 142:266-71. 2010To investigate the effectiveness and safety of intratympanic methylprednisolone perfusion (IMP) through a microcatheter in patients with sudden sensorineural hearing loss (SSNHL) who failed a conventional treatment.
- Behçet's syndrome and the nervous systemAksel Siva
Department of Neurology, Clinical Neuroimmunology Division, Cerrahpasa School of Medicine, University of Istanbul, Cerrahpasa 34303, Istanbul, Turkey
Curr Opin Neurol 17:347-57. 2004..The present review summarizes the neurological involvement in BS, and emphasizes recent clinical concepts and ethiopathogenetic findings...
- Successful treatment of parainfluenza virus 3 pneumonia with oral ribavirin and methylprednisolone in a bone marrow transplant recipientTakahiro Shima
Medicine and Biosystemic Science, Kyushu University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Fukuoka, Japan
Int J Hematol 88:336-40. 2008..in a hematopoietic stem cell transplant recipient that was successfully treated with oral ribavirin and methylprednisolone. A 42-year-old woman diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia (FAB M5a) in first complete remission ..
- Methylprednisolone and ketorolac rapidly reduce hyperalgesia around a skin burn injury and increase pressure pain thresholdsA Stubhaug
University of Oslo, Faculty Division Rikshospitalet, Department of Anaesthesiology, Rikshospitalet Medical Centre, Oslo, Norway
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 51:1138-46. 2007..The objectives of this study were to investigate the effects of methylprednisolone and ketorolac on hyperalgesia around a skin burn injury and on pressure pain thresholds.
- Improved outcomes associated with intraoperative steroid use in high-risk pediatric cardiac surgeryNadia A Clarizia
The Labatt Family Heart Centre, Department of Pediatrics, The Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Ann Thorac Surg 91:1222-7. 2011..Corticosteroids are commonly administered perioperatively in pediatric cardiac surgery to reduce cardiopulmonary bypass induced inflammation. However, their effects on outcomes and potential for adverse events are not well defined...
- Effect of acetaminophen, ibuprofen and methylprednisolone on different parameters of human osteoblast-like cellsOlga García-Martínez
School of Health Sciences, University of Granada, Spain
Arch Oral Biol 56:317-23. 2011..However, their effects on bone level are not well known, and results of the scant studies in humans have been contradictory...
- Methylprednisolone therapy in deceased donors reduces inflammation in the donor liver and improves outcome after liver transplantation: a prospective randomized controlled trialKatja Kotsch
Institute of Medical Immunology, Charite, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Ann Surg 248:1042-50. 2008To investigate potential beneficial effects of donor treatment with methylprednisolone on organ function and outcome after liver transplantation.
- Comparative neuroprotective effects of methylprednisolone and rosiglitazone, a peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-γ following spinal cord injuryQin Zhang
Department of Orthopedics, First Affiliated Hospital of Soochow University, No 188 Shizi Street, Suzhou 215006, China
Neurosciences (Riyadh) 16:46-52. 2011To compare the neuroprotective effects of methylprednisolone (MPSS) and rosiglitazone (ROSG) following spinal cord injury (SCI).
- Incidence of various cardiac arrhythmias and conduction disturbances due to high dose intravenous methylprednisolone in patients with multiple sclerosisAli Vasheghani-Farahani
Department of Cardiology, Sina Hospital, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Hassan Abad Square, Tehran, Iran
J Neurol Sci 309:75-8. 2011High-dose intravenous methylprednisolone is the most common therapeutic modality to treat acute exacerbations in multiple sclerosis (MS). Various cardiac arrhythmias have been reported during corticosteroid pulse therapy...
- Femoral head osteonecrosis can be caused by disruption of the systemic immune response via the toll-like receptor 4 signalling pathwayS Okazaki
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Rheumatology (Oxford) 48:227-32. 2009..We established a rat model with femoral head osteonecrosis by injecting lipopolysaccharide (LPS) and steroid, and assessed the consequences of this on femoral head histology, the systemic immune response and lipid synthesis...
- Targeted methylprednisolone acetate/hyaluronidase/clonidine injection after diagnostic epiduroscopy for chronic sciatica: a prospective, 1-year follow-up studyJos W Geurts
Department of Anesthesiology, Rijnstate Hospital, Arnhem, The Netherlands
Reg Anesth Pain Med 27:343-52. 2002..We prospectively evaluated whether abnormalities at the lumbar level as diagnosed by magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) are confirmed by epiduroscopy, and assessed if targeted epidural injection of medication alleviates sciatic pain...
- Combined methylprednisolone and dexamethasone therapy for paraquat poisoningGuan Hsing Chen
Poison Center, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Lin Kou Medical Center, Chang Gung Medial College and University, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Crit Care Med 30:2584-7. 2002To report a severe case of paraquat poisoning successfully treated with repeated-pulse therapy of methylprednisolone.
- Methylprednisolone prevents inflammatory reaction occurring during cardiopulmonary bypass: effects on TNF-alpha, IL-6, IL-8, IL-10Jale Bengi Celik
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Meram Medical School of Selcuk University, Meram, Konya, Turkey
Perfusion 19:185-91. 2004This study examined the correlation between tumour necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha), interleukin (IL)-6 and IL-8, IL-10 and methylprednisolone pretreatment.
- Effect of prolonged methylprednisolone therapy in unresolving acute respiratory distress syndrome: a randomized controlled trialG U Meduri
Baptist Memorial Hospitals, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of Tennessee, Memphis, USA
JAMA 280:159-65. 1998..No pharmacological therapeutic protocol has been found effective in modifying the clinical course of acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) and mortality remains greater than 50%...
- Primary treatment of incomplete Kawasaki disease with infliximab and methylprednisolone in a patient with a contraindication to intravenous immune globulinDebbie Ann Shirley
Pediatric Infectious Diseases and Tropical Pediatrics, University of Maryland Medical Center, Baltimore, MD, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 29:978-9. 2010..Because intravenous immune globulin infusion was not tolerated, he was treated with infliximab and methylprednisolone. Coronary aneurysms were not visualized on initial or follow-up echocardiograms...
- Morphological analysis of articular cartilage biopsies from a randomized, clinical study comparing the effects of 500-730 kDa sodium hyaluronate (Hyalgan) and methylprednisolone acetate on primary osteoarthritis of the kneeD D Guidolin
Fidia Research Laboratories, Abano Terme, Italy
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 9:371-81. 2001..The results obtained with hyaluronan were compared with the results of methylprednisolone acetate treatment.
- Epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition of human proximal tubular epithelial cells: effects of rapamycin, mycophenolate, cyclosporin, azathioprine, and methylprednisoloneJustin W G V Copeland
Department of Renal Medicine, Auckland City Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand
Transplantation 83:809-14. 2007..Cyclosporine A, azathioprine, and methylprednisolone were less effective than rapamycin and MMF. Moreover, these immunosuppressives did not decrease versican...
- Protective effect of genistein aglycone on the development of osteonecrosis of the femoral head and secondary osteoporosis induced by methylprednisolone in ratsAlessandra Bitto
Section of Pharmacology, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine and Pharmacology, Torre Biologica 5th Floor, c o AOU Policlinico G Martino, Messina, Italy
J Endocrinol 201:321-8. 2009..GIO and osteonecrosis were induced by daily s.c. injections of 30 mg/kg of methylprednisolone (MP; n=7). Another group of animals (MP+GEN; n=7) concomitantly received MP (30 mg/kg per s.c...
- Plasma inflammatory cytokines and chemokines in severe acute respiratory syndromeC K Wong
Department of Chemical Pathology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, Hong Kong
Clin Exp Immunol 136:95-103. 2004....
- Femoral head blood flow reduction and hypercoagulability under 24 h megadose steroid treatment in pigsWolf Drescher
Department of Orthopaedics, The Institute of Experimental Clinical Research, University Hospital, Michaelisstr 1, D 24105 Kiel, Germany
J Orthop Res 22:501-8. 2004..Blindedly, 9 animals underwent megadose methylprednisolone infusion (30 mg/kg intravenously as an initial bolus, followed by 5...
- Bone changes due to glucocorticoid application in an ovariectomized animal model for fracture treatment in osteoporosisC A Lill
AO Research Institute Davos, Switzerland
Osteoporos Int 13:407-14. 2002..Group 2 (age 7-9 years) was ovariectomized, fed a calcium/vitamin D-restricted diet and injected with methylprednisolone (MP) over 7 months (22 weeks MP solution, 6 weeks MP suspension)...
- Flavocoxid counteracts muscle necrosis and improves functional properties in mdx mice: a comparison study with methylprednisoloneSonia Messina
Department of Neurosciences, Psychiatry and Anaesthesiology, Unit of Neurology and Neuromuscular Diseases, AOU Policlinico G Martino, 98125 Messina, Italy
Exp Neurol 220:349-58. 2009..antioxidant and NF-kappaB inhibiting properties, has beneficial effects in mdx mice in comparison with methylprednisolone, the gold standard treatment for DMD patients...
- Adding methylprednisolone to local anesthetic increases the duration of axillary blockThomas Stan
Reg Anesth Pain Med 29:380-1. 2004
- Treatment of early rheumatoid arthritis: a randomized magnetic resonance imaging study comparing the effects of methotrexate alone, methotrexate in combination with infliximab, and methotrexate in combination with intravenous pulse methylprednisolonePatrick Durez
Cliniques Universitaires Saint Luc, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Avenue Hippocrate 10, Brussels, Belgium
Arthritis Rheum 56:3919-27. 2007To compare the effects of methotrexate (MTX), alone or in combination with intravenous (IV) methylprednisolone (MP) or infliximab, on magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)-detected synovitis, bone edema, and erosive changes in patients with ..
- Efficacy of methylprednisolone injected into the masseter muscle following the surgical extraction of impacted lower third molarsE Vegas-Bustamante
Oral Surgery and Orofacial Implantology, School of Dentistry of the University of Barcelona, Spain
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 37:260-3. 2008The aim of this study was to demonstrate the efficacy of methylprednisolone, as a single 40-mg dose, injected into the masseter muscle upon completion of extraction of impacted lower third molars...
- Effects of resveratrol and methylprednisolone on biochemical, neurobehavioral and histopathological recovery after experimental spinal cord injuryOzkan Ates
Department of Neurosurgery, Inonu University, School of Medicine, 44280 Malatya, Turkey
Acta Pharmacol Sin 27:1317-25. 2006..To investigate the neuroprotective effect of resveratrol in an experimental spinal cord injury (SCI) model in rats...
- A randomized pilot trial comparing methylprednisolone plus a cytotoxic agent versus synthetic adrenocorticotropic hormone in idiopathic membranous nephropathyClaudio Ponticelli
Istituto Scientifico Auxologico Italiano, Milan, Italy
Am J Kidney Dis 47:233-40. 2006..We conducted a pilot trial to compare the effectiveness and safety of 2 different treatments in patients with membranous nephropathy and nephrotic syndrome...
- The effect of methylprednisolone treatment on the cardiopulmonary bypass-induced systemic inflammatory responseA Bourbon
Service de chirurgie thoracique et cardio vasculaire, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, 47 83 boulevard de l Hopital, 75013 Paris, France
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 26:932-8. 2004..of studies have demonstrated that treatment of patients with a high-dose (30 mg/kg) of corticosteroids (methylprednisolone) attenuates the CPB-induced SIR and improves the outcome of patients undergoing cardiac surgery...
- Comparison of the effects of 2 doses of methylprednisolone on pain, swelling, and trismus after third molar surgeryYakup Ustun
Cukurova University, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Faculty of Dentistry, Adana, Turkey
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 96:535-9. 2003The aim of this study was to compare the effects of intravenous administration of 1.5 mg/kg and 3 mg/kg of methylprednisolone sodium succinate (MP) on pain, swelling, and trismus after third molar surgery.
- Methylprednisolone infusion for life-threatening H1N1-virus infectionMarco Confalonieri
Pneumology Department, University Hospital of Cattinara, Str Di Fiume 447, 34149 Trieste, Italy
Ther Adv Respir Dis 4:233-7. 2010..The most severe patient was a previously healthy 30-year-old man admitted to hospital because of bilateral pneumonia and severe acute respiratory failure...
- Long-term effects of methylprednisolone following transection of adult rat spinal cordM Oudega
The Chambers Family Electron Microscopy Laboratory, The Miami Project to Cure Paralysis, University of Miami School of Medicine, Florida, USA
Eur J Neurosci 11:2453-64. 1999Clinically, high-dose treatment with the glucocorticosteroid, methylprednisolone (MP), within 8 h after spinal cord injury, has been shown to improve neurological recovery...
- High-dose methylprednisolone therapy in multiple sclerosis induces apoptosis in peripheral blood leukocytesV I Leussink
Department of Neurology, Julius Maximilians Universitat Wurzburg, Josef Schneider Strasse 11, D 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
Arch Neurol 58:91-7. 2001..In the animal model experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis, T-cell apoptosis can be induced by high-dose glucocorticoid (GC) administration...
- Effects of methylprednisolone infusion on markers of inflammation, coagulation, and angiogenesis in early acute respiratory distress syndromeNitin Seam
Pulmonary Section, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
Crit Care Med 40:495-501. 2012Evaluate the effects of methylprednisolone on markers of inflammation, coagulation, and angiogenesis during early acute respiratory distress syndrome.
- Methylprednisolone fails to preserve retinal ganglion cells and visual function after ocular ischemia in ratsCornelia Dimitriu
University Eye Hospital Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:5003-7. 2008b>Methylprednisolone (MP) is commonly used to treat traumatic optic neuropathy and optic neuritis, but its benefit in terms of neuronal survival remains controversial...
- Combination therapy of cyclosporine and methylprednisolone on severe alopecia areataBeom Joon Kim
Department of Dermatology, College of Medicine, Chung Ang University, Seoul, South Korea
J Dermatolog Treat 19:216-20. 2008..Although systemic cyclosporine appears to be one of the treatment options for chronic severe alopecia areata (AA), the high recurrence rates after discontinuation and side effects make cyclosporine a nominal agent for the treatment of AA...
- Effects of the neurokinin1 receptor antagonist aprepitant on the pharmacokinetics of dexamethasone and methylprednisoloneJacqueline B McCrea
Merck Research Laboratories, Bluebell, PA 19422, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 74:17-24. 2003..of cytochrome P4503A4 and may be used in conjunction with corticosteroids such as dexamethasone and methylprednisolone, which are substrates of cytochrome P4503A4...
- The effect of methylprednisolone on proliferation of PBMCs obtained from steroid-sensitive and steroid-resistant rheumatoid arthritis patientsP Sliwinska-Stanczyk
Department of Rheumatic Diseases, Institute of Rheumatology, Warsaw, Poland
Scand J Rheumatol 36:167-71. 2007..Unfortunately, up to 30% of patients with RA fail to respond to the treatment. We investigated the hypothesis that patients with RA who did not respond to GC treatment have steroid-resistant peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs)...
- Azathioprine/methylprednisolone versus cyclophosphamide in proliferative lupus nephritis. A randomized controlled trialC Grootscholten
Division of Nephrology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Center, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Kidney Int 70:732-42. 2006..with oral prednisone (CY) or to azathioprine (2 mg/kg/day in 2 years) combined with intravenous pulses of methylprednisolone (3 x 3 pulses of 1000 mg) and oral prednisone (AZA). After a median follow-up of 5...
- Comparative evaluation of megadose methylprednisolone with dexamethasone for treatment of primary typical optic neuritisVimala Menon
Dr Rajendra Prasad Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Indian J Ophthalmol 55:355-9. 2007To compare the efficacy of intravenous methylprednisolone and intravenous dexamethasone on visual recovery and evaluate their side-effects for the treatment of optic neuritis.
- Efficacy of multidrug therapy combined with mizoribine in children with diffuse IgA nephropathy in comparison with multidrug therapy without mizoribine and with methylprednisolone pulse therapyYukihiko Kawasaki
Department of Pediatrics, Fukushima University School of Medicine, Fukushima, Japan
Am J Nephrol 24:576-81. 2004..with mizoribine (PWDM) in the treatment of diffuse immunoglobulin A (IgA) nephropathy in comparison with prednisolone, warfarin, and dipyridamole therapy without mizoribine (PWD) and with methylprednisolone pulse therapy (PWD pulse).
- Dose-dense high-dose methylprednisolone and rituximab in the treatment of relapsed or refractory high-risk chronic lymphocytic leukemiaRegina Pileckyte
Department of Hematology, Hematology, Oncology and Transfusion Medicine Center, Vilnius University Hospital Santariskiu Clinics, Vilnius, Lithuania
Leuk Lymphoma 52:1055-65. 2011This study evaluated the efficacy and safety of dose-dense high-dose methylprednisolone (HDMP) plus rituximab (Rtx) in patients with high-risk CLL...
- Pulsed electromagnetic fields stimulation prevents steroid-induced osteonecrosis in ratsShuai Ding
Department of Orthopedics, Renmin Hospital of Wuhan University, Wuhan, Hubei Province, People s Republic of China
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 12:215. 2011..The purpose of the study was to investigate the effects of PEMF stimulation on the prevention of steroid-induced osteonecrosis in rats and explore the underlying mechanisms...
- Super-high-dose methylprednisolone does not improve efficacy or induce glucocorticoid resistance in experimental allergic encephalomyelitisZhi sheng Wei
Department of Neurology, First Affiliated Hospital, Guangdong Pharmaceutical University, Guangzhou, China
Neuroimmunomodulation 18:28-36. 2011To investigate whether a super-high dose (SHD) of methylprednisolone (MP) improves its efficacy or induces glucocorticoid (GC) resistance, and to explore the potential mechanisms of GC resistance in experimental allergic encephalomyelitis ..
- Methylprednisolone inhibits the expression of glial fibrillary acidic protein and chondroitin sulfate proteoglycans in reactivated astrocytesWei Lin Liu
Graduate Institute of Biomedical Materials and Engineering, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan
Glia 56:1390-400. 2008..b>Methylprednisolone (MP), a synthetic glucocorticoid, has been shown to have neuroprotective and anti-inflammatory effects for ..
- Methylprednisolone treatment delays remote cell death after focal brain lesionM T Viscomi
Santa Lucia Foundation Istituto Ricovero e Cura Carattere Scientifico, Rome, Italy
Neuroscience 154:1267-82. 2008..Here we examine the effectiveness of a high dose (50 mg/kg) of methylprednisolone sodium succinate (MPSS) in reducing neuronal loss, glial response and glial-derived inflammatory mediators ..
- Methylprednisolone for acute spinal cord injury: not a standard of careHerman Hugenholtz
Division of Neurosurgery, Queen Elizabeth II Health Sciences Centre, Halifax, NS
CMAJ 168:1145-6. 2003
- High dose methylprednisolone counteracts the negative effects of rocuronium on diaphragm functionKaren Maes
Respiratory Muscle Research Unit, Laboratory of Pneumology and Respiratory Division, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, 3000, Leuven, Belgium
Intensive Care Med 37:1865-72. 2011..Based on clinical observations we examined whether the combination of rocuronium with corticosteroids during CMV would result into a further deterioration of diaphragm function...
- The role of intravenous methylprednisolone immunosuppression in the management of active thyroid eye diseaseKatya Tambe
LID, Lacrimal and Orbit Service, Department of Ophthalmology, Leicester Royal Infirmary, University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust, Leicester LE1 5WW, UK
Orbit 29:227-31. 2010To analyze the efficacy of intravenous methylprednisolone (IVMP) immunosuppression in the management of active thyroid eye disease (TED).
- In vivo efficacy of dendrimer-methylprednisolone conjugate formulation for the treatment of lung inflammationR Inapagolla
Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Int J Pharm 399:140-7. 2010Dendrimers are an emerging class of nanoscale intracellular drug delivery vehicles. Methylprednisolone (MP) is an important corticosteroid used in the treatment (through inhalation) of lung inflammation associated with asthma...
- Clinical trial to compare efficacy and side-effects of injection of posterior sub-Tenon triamcinolone versus orbital floor methylprednisolone in the management of posterior uveitisPaolo Ferrante
Moorfields Eye Hospital, London, UK
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 32:563-8. 2004..To compare the efficacy and side-effects of posterior sub-Tenon injection of triamcinolone acetonide (Kenalog) with orbital floor injection of methylpredisolone acetate (Depomedrone) in the management of posterior uveitis...
- Reduction of relapses of atopic dermatitis with methylprednisolone aceponate cream twice weekly in addition to maintenance treatment with emollient: a multicentre, randomized, double-blind, controlled studyA Peserico
Department of Dermatology, University of Padua, Padua, Italy
Br J Dermatol 158:801-7. 2008..Efficacy and safety of corticosteroids have been proven in the acute treatment of active AD, but their long-term efficacy and potential to reduce or prevent relapses have only partially been addressed...
- Low-dose pulse methylprednisolone for systemic lupus erythematosus flares is efficacious and has a decreased risk of infectious complicationsH Badsha
Department of Rheumatology, Allergy and Immunology, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Singapore
Lupus 11:508-13. 2002We sought to test our clinical impression that using a low dose methylprednisolone pulse (MEP; < or = 1500 mg over 3 days) in treating flares of systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) was effective and associated with fewer serious ..
- Why do you prescribe methylprednisolone for acute spinal cord injury? A Canadian perspective and a position statementR J Hurlbert
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Foothills Hospital and Medical Centre, Calgary, AB, Canada
Can J Neurol Sci 29:236-9. 2002To determine the practice patterns for methylprednisolone administration for patients with acute spinal cord injury (SCI) within the spinal surgery community across Canada, and the reasons behind these patterns.
- PARP Inhibitor and Redox Catalyst for Ventilatory TraumaPrakash Jagtap; Fiscal Year: 2013..A positive control group will undergo high-volume MV plus therapy with IV methylprednisolone (30 mg/kg)...
- Therapeutic Value of Fish Oil Rx on SLE and Bone Loss in MiceGABRIEL J J FERNANDES; Fiscal Year: 2012..is to determine the interaction of OMACOR n-3 fatty acids along with immunosuppressive cyclophosphamide and methylprednisolone drug therapy after the onset of SLE in controlling renal disease and bone loss in MRL/lpr mice...
- Mechanisms of diaphragm muscle dysfunction in critical-illness myopathyCATHERINE S SASSOON; Fiscal Year: 2012..mechanical ventilation combined with both neuromuscular junction blocking agents (NMBA) and corticosteroid (methylprednisolone, MP). These patients have difficulty weaning from mechanical ventilation...
- Hormonal Intervention Protects Axon-myelin to Promote Functional Recovery in SCINaren L Banik; Fiscal Year: 2013..Since the only currently available treatment, methylprednisolone, has limited clinical efficacy, novel therapies to block inflammation, reduce cell and axon-myelin damage, ..
- Preoperative Therapy for Prevention of Postoperative Low Cardiac Output SyndromeD Woodrow Benson; Fiscal Year: 2010..placebo-controlled clinical trial, to investigate whether preoperative administration of glucocorticoids (methylprednisolone, steroids) and/or erythropoietin (EPO) will afford protection from ischemia-reperfusion injury and thereby ..
- Mitochondrial-Targeted Therapeutics for Treatment of Spinal Cord InjuryPatrick G Sullivan; Fiscal Year: 2013..is a long-term health care problem in the United States, and with the exception of the modestly effective methylprednisolone, there is currently no neuroprotective intervention clinically available for treatment of acute SCI...
- IND 20212 (03-25-99) PHASE 2: ORBEC (ORAL BDP)-PATIENTS WITH CHRONIC GVHDCHRISTOPHER JOSEPH SCHABER; Fiscal Year: 2013..of oral BDP offers a major therapeutic advantage over systemic glucocorticoids such as prednisone and methylprednisolone, which have well-recognized adverse effects (e.g...
- HANTAVIRUS ECOLOGY AND DISEASE IN CHILE AND PANAMAGregory Mertz; Fiscal Year: 2009..In Project 2, Treatment and Prevention of HCPS, we will complete a controlled trial of intravenous methylprednisolone in persons with suspected HCPS in the cardiopulmonary phase, continue collection of plasma by plasmapheresis ..
- Clinical corticosteroid therapy: Impact on oral mucosal wound healingCHRISTOPHER ENGELAND; Fiscal Year: 2009..30 women) will receive either corticosteroid, in a single intravenous dose common in oral surgery (125 mg methylprednisolone), or placebo. Subjects will then have three small wounds placed on the oral hard palate by a periodontist...
- Novel Therapies for Chlorine-Induced Lung InjuryGary W Hoyle; Fiscal Year: 2013..m.) injection, a preferred delivery route for potential mass casualty situations. In addition, methylprednisolone, an FDA-approved anti-inflammatory compound, will be evaluated as an alternative to triptolide...
- Ocular Disposition of Antimicrobial AgentsAshim K Mitra; Fiscal Year: 2010..and in the presence of topically applied anti-inflammatory steroids (prednisolone, prednisone and 6-alpha-methylprednisolone)...
- OPTIC NEURITIS TREATMENT TRIAL--COORDINATING CENTERPatricia Cleary; Fiscal Year: 1991..This study was also designed to compare oral prednisone therapy with high dose intravenous methylprednisolone. Based on a sample size estimate, 145 patients will be recruited for each of three treatment groups: placebo,..
- ROLE OF CYCLOSPORINE METABOLISM IN TRANSPLANTATIONNEIL LEMPERT; Fiscal Year: 1990..the relationship between CsA metabolism and nephrotoxicity in humans and rats; to determine the effect of methylprednisolone, azathioprine, and inhibitors and inducers of the cyt-P450 system on CsA metabolism and nephrotoxicity in ..
- IONIC BASIS OF ISCHEMIC CEREBRAL EDEMAWise Young; Fiscal Year: 1992..The effects of systemic furosemide, mannitol, and/or methylprednisolone on extracellular and tissue ionic shifts will be studied in the rat MCAo and cortical freeze models...
- PULSE THERAPY TRIAL IN BETA INTERFERON RESISTANT ACTIVEDerek Smith; Fiscal Year: 2003..There is evidence that treatment of these patients with pulse methylprednisolone, pulse mitoxantrone or pulse cyclophosphamide may effectively reduce disease activity in these patients and ..
- MATERNAL-FETAL TRANSMISSION OF SIV IN MACAQUESHans Ochs; Fiscal Year: 1992..These studies will provide information that can not be obtained by observing HIV-infected women and their offspring...
- CLINICAL TRAILS IN PEDIATRIC RHEUMATOLOGYDaniel Lovell; Fiscal Year: 2004..One therapy regimen is composed of intravenous methylprednisolone for 3 consecutive days, intravenous cyclophosphamide on the third day, and up to 20 mg/M2/wk of methotrexate...
- ONTT COOPERATING CLINICJonathan Trobe; Fiscal Year: 1991..essentially two research components: (1) a clinical trial of the efficacy of oral prednisone and intravenous methylprednisolone in reducing residual optic nerve damage in patients with optic neuritis; and (2) a study of the natural ..
- ONTT COOPERATING CLINICJames Goodwin; Fiscal Year: 1991..essentially two research components: (1) a clinical trial of the efficacy of oral prednisone and intravenous methylprednisolone in reducing residual optic nerve damage in patients with optic neuritis; and (2) a study of the natural ..
- ONTT COOPERATING CLINICGEORGIA CHROUSOS; Fiscal Year: 1991..consists of two research components: (1) a clinical trial of the efficacy of oral prednisone and intravenous methylprednisolone in reducing residual optic nerve damage in patients with optic neuritis; and (2) a study of the natural ..
- CORTICOSEROID PHARMACOKINETICS AND PHARMACODYNAMICSWilliam Jusko; Fiscal Year: 2004..The second aim is to generalize our "fourth-generation" receptor/gene PK/PD model for methylprednisolone to other steroids based on advanced QSAR principles and the expectation that alterations in pharmacokinetics ..
- Novel Restorative Therapy For Spinal Cord InjuryFeng Qiao Li; Fiscal Year: 2006..Currently, there is no cure for SCI, and methylprednisolone is the only choice on clinic, even without FDA approval...
- Transport of neurotrophic cytokines after spinal cord injuryWeihong Pan; Fiscal Year: 2007..These changes will coincide with improved behavioral performance. To test the hypothesis that methylprednisolone potentiates the therapeutic effects of LIF and upregulates LIF transport, we will examine not only these ..
- Campath-1H & Calcineurin-Inhibitors in Renal TransplantStuart Knechtle; Fiscal Year: 2007..immunosuppression consisting of a calcineurin inhibitor, mycophenolate mofetil, and low-dose steroids (methylprednisolone 10 mg a day). We have witnessed approximately 5% incidence of rejection with very few side effects...
- OPTIC NEURITIS TREATMENT TRIAL COOPERATING CLINICEdward Buckley; Fiscal Year: 1991..essentially two research components; (1) a clinical trial of the efficacy of oral prednisone and intravenous methylprednisolone in reducing residual optic nerve damage in patients with optic neuritis; and (2) a study of the natural ..
- ONTT COOPERATING CLINICJOHN MC CRARY; Fiscal Year: 1991..essentially two research components: (1) a clinical trial of the efficacy of oral prednisone and intravenous methylprednisolone in reducing residual optic nerve damage in patients with optic neuritis; and (2) a study of the natural ..
- OPTIC NURITIS TREATMENT TRIALSBarrett Katz; Fiscal Year: 1991..consists of 2 research components: (1) a clinical trial of the efficacy of oral prednisone and intravenous methylprednisolone in reducing residual optic nerve damage in patients with optic neuritis; and (2) a study of the natural ..
- ONTT COOPERATING CLINICDavid Kaufman; Fiscal Year: 1991
- ONTT COOPERATING CLINICPETER SAVINO; Fiscal Year: 1992..essentially two research components: (1) a clinical trial of the efficacy of oral prednisone and intravenous methylprednisolone in reducing residual optic nerve damage in patient with optic neuritis; and (2) a study of the natural ..
- ONTT COOPERATING CLINICWILLIAM SHULTS; Fiscal Year: 1991
- ONTT COOPERATING CLINICMichael Brodsky; Fiscal Year: 1991..essentially two research components: (1) a clinical trial of the efficacy of oral prednisone and intravenous methylprednisolone in reducing residule optic nerve damage in patients with optic neuritis; and (2) a study of the natural ..
- ONTT COOPERATING CLINICNeil Miller; Fiscal Year: 1992
- ONTT COOPERATING CLINICMark Kupersmith; Fiscal Year: 1991..essentially two research components: (1) a clinical trial of the efficacy of oral pednisone and intravenous methylprednisolone in reducing residual optic nerve damage in patients with optic neuritis; and (2) a study of the natural ..
- SPINAL CORD INJURY, METHYLPREDNISOLONE & P GLYCOPROTEINCHRISTOPHER BERNARDS; Fiscal Year: 2002..therapy shown to reduce the severity of neurologic damage is massive intravenous doses of a glucocorticoid (methylprednisolone) administered during the first 3-48 hrs after injury...
- ONTT COOPERATING CLINICH Thompson; Fiscal Year: 1991
- METHYLPREDNISOLONE TREATMENT IN ACUTE SPINAL CORD INJURYJan Xu; Fiscal Year: 2004DESCRIPTION: (Verbatim from the Applicant's Abstract) Methylprednisolone (MP), a synthetic glucocorticoid (GC), is the only proven therapeutic agent for acute spinal cord injury (SCI)...
- DHEA in re-establishing connectivity after SCINathalie Compagnone; Fiscal Year: 2003..Current treatment of SCI is unsuccessful and relies only on use of methylprednisolone, which is controversial since its outcome on functional recovery is poor...
- OPTIMAL TREATMENT OF FOCAL SEGMENTAL GLOMERULOSCLEROSISRichard Fine; Fiscal Year: 2007..Aims of this proposal are to compare two regimens: (a) low-dose CS and sirolimus, and (b) intravenous methylprednisolone and cyclophosphamide in patients with SRFSGS who do not respond with a complete remission to a 16 week ..
- AEROSOL CYCLOSPORINE FOR PREVENTION OF LUNG REJECTIONAldo Iacono; Fiscal Year: 2001..Acute rejection is treated with pulsed methylprednisolone and anti-lymphocyte globulin and consequently recipients are subject to increased risk of infection and drug ..
- Use of Clenbuterol for Enhancement of Stem Cell TherapyRichard Zeman; Fiscal Year: 2002..At present, only methylprednisolone has been shown to have efficacy in humans for SCI However, the extent of recovery is limited so that ..
- DEVELOPMENT OF THERAPEUTICS FOR SPINAL CORD INJURYRichard Zeman; Fiscal Year: 2000..At present, only methylprednisolone has been shown to have efficacy in humans for SCI...
- Novel Ex Vivo Gene Therapy for Spinal Cord InjuryAlpa Trivedi; Fiscal Year: 2002..Based on the results in Phase I we will continue working with methylprednisolone. We will test the system in a primate model, and develop human cells towards beginning Phase I clinical ..
- TRANSGENIC XENOTRANSPLANTS FOR HUNTINGTON'S DISEASEOle Isacson; Fiscal Year: 2002..xenografts survival in the primate brain requires immunosuppression by cyclosporine, azathiopirne, methylprednisolone and complement inhibition (CD59 transgenic donor tissue and monoclonal antibodies against complement C5)...
- Use of Tempol for Spinal Cord InjuryRichard Zeman; Fiscal Year: 2004..Presently, only methylprednisolone has been shown to have efficacy in humans for SCI. However, the extent of recovery is limited...
- ABSORPTION AND SECRETION IN DIARRHEAL DISEASESMark Donowitz; Fiscal Year: 1980..Na-K-ATPase in in vivo absorptive and secretory processes; 2) the mechanism by which the glucocorticoid methylprednisolone alters intestinal transport processes; 3) the mechanism by which serotonin stimulates intestinal secretion; ..
- Perinatal Risk of Asthma in Infants of Asthmatic MothersMichael Bracken; Fiscal Year: 2007..Identification of pregnancy and neonatal risk factors for infant asthma may offer opportunities for early prevention. ..
- Peroxynitrite-Induced Oxidative Damage in TBIEdward Hall; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- 26th National Neurotrauma Symposium, 2008Edward Hall; Fiscal Year: 2008..Particular efforts are made to actively engage students to participate and interact with leading basic and clinical scientists. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Paraxanthine and Reproductive Effects of CaffeineMichael Bracken; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Novel Neuroprotectants for TBIEdward Hall; Fiscal Year: 2008..Thousands experience long lasting brain injury that interferes with their ability to lead productive and full lives. We plan to test a promising new class of therapeutics for traumatic brain injury. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Neuroprotection by a metalloporphyrin in spinal injuryDanxia Liu; Fiscal Year: 2009..b>Methylprednisolone (MP) is the only drug approved for SCI treatment;however side effects limit its utility...
- CELLULAR IMMUNOTHERAPY FOR HEMATOLOGIC MALIGNANCYJohn Levine; Fiscal Year: 2006..2A. To evaluate a panel of cytokines as surrogate markers for GVHD and correlate these with clinical outcomes during the above trial. 2B. To correlate changes in minimal residual disease with clinical outcomes during the above trial. ..
- OXIDATION OF MACROMOLECULES IN SPINAL CORD INJURYDanxia Liu; Fiscal Year: 2001..This will directly test whether free radicals damage neurons by inducing oxidation of major cell components and will provide strategies for therapy. ..
- Brain Atrophy/Diffusion Tensor Study/Multiple SclerosisRobert Fox; Fiscal Year: 2008..We hypothesize that the short-term decline in brain parenchymal fraction (BPF) following intravenous methylprednisolone predicts increased subsequent disease progression...
- Predictors of Skin Cancer in Commercial Airline PilotsJoyce Nicholas; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- WT1 Expression in Patients with MDS Treated with ATG an*H Deeg; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cloning Kawasaki Disease-specific antigensAnne Rowley; Fiscal Year: 2005..These plans will provide me with opportunities for enhanced career development by acquisition of new research skills, and will be fostered by the strong interdisciplinary research environment at Northwestern. ..
- Novel Clinical and Ocular Imaging Outcomes with Long-Term Follow-Up in MSLaura Balcer; Fiscal Year: 2010..Aim 3: Determine how low-contrast letter acuity, RNFL thickness, and total macular volume impact vision specific and overall health-related quality of life (HRQOL) in longitudinal studies of MS and ON. ..
- Molecular Mechanisms Underlying Age-Related Hearing LossJianxin Bao; Fiscal Year: 2004..The ultimate goal of this research is to develop methods for prevention and treatment of age-related loss of SGNs, based on identifying molecular candidates involved in this aging process. ..
- Sustained Release Inner Ear Delivery of CorticosteroidWilliam Slattery; Fiscal Year: 2007..This system could also be used for other drugs where chronic delivery is essential. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Pathophysiology and Characterisation of NAFLDMichael Charlton; Fiscal Year: 2009..We believe that these experiments will generate mechanistic insight into the cause and effects of increased oxidative stress in patients with histologically progressive NAFLD. ..
- MINERALIZATION OF PRIMARY BONEJEFFREY GORSKI; Fiscal Year: 2008..Results of this work should better define the differences between primariy and lamellar bone, as well as aid in the diagnosis and treatment of osteoporosis and atherosclerosis. ..
- Mycophenylate mofetil for treatment of chronic GVHDPaul Martin; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..