Genomes and Genes
Summary: A glucocorticoid with the general properties of the corticosteroids. It is the drug of choice for all conditions in which routine systemic corticosteroid therapy is indicated, except adrenal deficiency states.
Publications378 found, 100 shown here
- Interactions of abiraterone, eplerenone, and prednisolone with wild-type and mutant androgen receptor: a rationale for increasing abiraterone exposure or combining with MDV3100Juliet Richards
Section of Medicine, The Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton, Surrey, United Kingdom
Cancer Res 72:2176-82. 2012..We found that prednisolone plasma levels in patients with CRPC were sufficiently high to activate mutant AR...
- Low-dose prednisolone in addition to the initial disease-modifying antirheumatic drug in patients with early active rheumatoid arthritis reduces joint destruction and increases the remission rate: a two-year randomized trialBjörn Svensson
University of Lund, Lund, Sweden
Arthritis Rheum 52:3360-70. 2005To assess the efficacy of low-dose prednisolone on joint damage and disease activity in patients with early rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
- Oral or IV prednisolone in the treatment of COPD exacerbations: a randomized, controlled, double-blind studyYnze P de Jong
Department of Pulmonology, Isala Klinieken, Pulmonology, PO Box 10500, Zwolle 8000 GM, The Netherlands
Chest 132:1741-7. 2007..We conducted a study to demonstrate that therapy with oral prednisolone was not inferior to therapy with IV prednisolone using a double-blind, double-dummy design.
- Antifibrotic action of pirfenidone and prednisolone: different effects on pulmonary cytokines and growth factors in bleomycin-induced murine pulmonary fibrosisHisashi Oku
Division of Frontier Drug Discovery, Discovery Research Laboratories, Shionogi and Co, Ltd, 2 5 1, Mishima, Settsu, Osaka 566 0022, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 590:400-8. 2008..effect on various pulmonary cytokines, in bleomycin-induced lung fibrosis in mice at the protein level, using prednisolone as a reference agent...
- Prednisolone in Duchenne muscular dystrophy with imminent loss of ambulationSunil Pradhan
Department of Neurology, Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Raebareli Road, Lucknow, 226014, India
J Neurol 253:1309-16. 2006An open controlled trial of 0.75 mg/Kg/day prednisolone was conducted at a stage when the patients had started falling several times in a day and stopped on their attaining a chair bound stage, thus minimising the total period of steroid ..
- Why are Dutch rheumatologists reluctant to use the COBRA treatment strategy in early rheumatoid arthritis?Lilian H D van Tuyl
Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, VU University Medical Center, PO Box 7057, 1053 MB Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Rheum Dis 66:974-6. 2007The Combinatietherapie Bij Reumatoide Artritis (COBRA) trial has proved that combination therapy with prednisolone, methotrexate and sulphasalazine is superior to sulphasalazine monotherapy in suppressing disease activity and radiological ..
- Efficacy of immunoglobulin plus prednisolone for prevention of coronary artery abnormalities in severe Kawasaki disease (RAISE study): a randomised, open-label, blinded-endpoints trialTohru Kobayashi
Department of Pediatrics, Gunma University Graduate School of Medicine, Gunma, Japan
Lancet 379:1613-20. 2012..We assessed whether addition of prednisolone to intravenous immunoglobulin with aspirin would reduce the incidence of coronary artery abnormalities in ..
- Very low-dose prednisolone in early rheumatoid arthritis retards radiographic progression over two years: a multicenter, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialSiegfried Wassenberg
Evangelisches Fachkrankenhaus Ratingen, Ratingen, Germany
Arthritis Rheum 52:3371-80. 2005To assess the effect of 5 mg/day prednisolone on disease progression in patients with early rheumatoid arthritis (RA) receiving standardized disease-modifying antirheumatic drug (DMARD) therapy.
- Remission achieved after 2 years treatment with low-dose prednisolone in addition to disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs in early rheumatoid arthritis is associated with reduced joint destruction still present after 4 years: an open 2-year continuationI Hafstrom
The Rheumatology Unit, Karolinska Institute, Karolinska University Hospital, Huddinge, Stockholm, Sweden
Ann Rheum Dis 68:508-13. 2009To evaluate if remission induced by low-dose prednisolone during the first 2 years of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) in the BARFOT glucocorticoid (GC) study had a sustained effect on radiological damage for a total of 4 years.
- Controlled prospective trial of prednisolone and cytotoxics in progressive IgA nephropathyFrancis W Ballardie
Department of Nephrology, Royal Infirmary and University, Manchester, United Kingdom
J Am Soc Nephrol 13:142-8. 2002..38 patients with progressive IgA nephropathy and controlled hypertension were randomized to treatment with prednisolone and cytotoxic agents, to therapy with low-dose cyclophosphamide then azathioprine, and to control groups...
- Long-term outcomes of idiopathic membranous nephropathy in Japanese patients treated with low-dose cyclophosphamide and prednisoloneMasahiro Eriguchi
Kidney Center, Matsuyama Red Cross Hospital, Matsuyama, Japan
Nephrol Dial Transplant 24:3082-8. 2009..We studied the long-term outcomes of low-dose cyclophosphamide and prednisolone therapy in Japanese patients, who were thought to have relatively benign IMN compared with Caucasian patients.
- A case of toxic epidermal necrolysis with diverse etiologies: successful treatment with intravenous immunoglobulin and pulse prednisolone and effects on sTRAIL and sCD200 levelsArzu Didem Yalcin
Department of Internal Medicine, Allergy and Clinical Immunology Unit, Antalya Training and Research Hospital, Antalya, Turkey
Clin Lab 59:681-5. 2013..SCORTEN is a scoring system used to predict mortality in TEN patients. If SCORTEN index is 5 or more, mortality rate is more than 90%. SCORTEN of our patient was calculated as 5...
- Randomized trial of intravitreal clindamycin and dexamethasone versus pyrimethamine, sulfadiazine, and prednisolone in treatment of ocular toxoplasmosisMasoud Soheilian
Department of Ophthalmology and Ophthalmic Research Center, Labbafinejad Medical Center, Shahid Beheshti Medical University, Tehran, Iran
Ophthalmology 118:134-41. 2011..To compare the efficacy of intravitreal injection of clindamycin and dexamethasone with classic treatment for ocular toxoplasmosis...
- A randomized, controlled trial of steroids and cyclophosphamide in adults with nephrotic syndrome caused by idiopathic membranous nephropathyVivekanand Jha
Department of Nephrology, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh 160 012 India
J Am Soc Nephrol 18:1899-904. 2007..This study compared the effect of a 6-mo course of alternating prednisolone and cyclophosphamide with supportive treatment in adults with nephrotic syndrome caused by IMN on doubling of ..
- The role of prednisolone and epinephrine on gastric tissue and erythrocyte antioxidant status in adrenalectomized ratsA Yildirim
Department of Biochemistry, Ataturk University, Medical Faculty, Erzurum, Turkey
J Physiol Pharmacol 58:105-16. 2007..As well, the impacts of administration of prednisolone and epinephrine on these systems in adrenalectomized rats were investigated...
- Induction and long-term treatment with cyclosporine in membranous nephropathy with the nephrotic syndromeEfstathios Alexopoulos
Department of Nephrology, Hippokration General Hospital, 49, Konstantinoupoleos str, 54642 Thessaloniki, Greece
Nephrol Dial Transplant 21:3127-32. 2006..However, the optimal dose and the duration of treatment remain controversial issues. We evaluated the efficacy of low-dose CyA alone or combined with corticosteroids as induction and long-term treatment for nephrotic patients with MN...
- A phase two randomised controlled double blind trial of high dose intravenous methylprednisolone and oral prednisolone versus intravenous normal saline and oral prednisolone in individuals with leprosy type 1 reactions and/or nerve function impairmentStephen L Walker
Department of Clinical Research, Faculty of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, United Kingdom
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 5:e1041. 2011..attempt to switch off the immune response and so we investigated the efficacy of three days of high dose (1 g) intravenous methylprednisolone at the start of prednisolone therapy in leprosy Type 1 reactions and nerve function impairment.
- Docetaxel plus prednisolone for the treatment of metastatic hormone-refractory prostate cancer: a multicenter Phase II trial in JapanS Naito
Department of Urology, Faculty of Medicine, Kyushu University 71, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8585, Japan
Jpn J Clin Oncol 38:365-72. 2008..This study was undertaken to assess the feasibility of docetaxel in combination with prednisolone in Japanese patients with HRPC.
- No difference between prednisolone and dexamethasone treatment in bone mineral density and growth in long term survivors of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemiaRobert D van Beek
Department of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Erasmus MC Sophia Children s Hospital, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Pediatr Blood Cancer 46:88-93. 2006..known to have both more potent leukemic activity and is associated with a higher incidence of side effects than prednisolone. In this study, we compared the long-term effects of dexamethasone and prednisolone on bone mineral density (..
- Leprosy type 1 (reversal) reactions and their managementStephen L Walker
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Keppel St, London WC1E 7HT, UK
Lepr Rev 79:372-86. 2008..One randomised controlled trial showed that patients treated with a 5 month course of prednisolone (total dose 2...
- Inhibition of glycolysis modulates prednisolone resistance in acute lymphoblastic leukemia cellsEsther Hulleman
Department of Pediatric Oncology and Hematology, Erasmus Medical Center Sophia Children s Hospital, University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Blood 113:2014-21. 2009..in pediatric acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) is related to cellular resistance to glucocorticoids (eg, prednisolone)...
- Comparison of nebulized budesonide and oral prednisolone with placebo in the treatment of acute exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a randomized controlled trialFrancois Maltais
Centre de Recherche, Hopital Laval, Institut Universitaire de Cardiologie et de Pneumologie de l Universite Laval, 2275 Chemin Ste Foy, Ste Foy, Quebec G1V 4G5, Canada
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 165:698-703. 2002..randomized, placebo-controlled trial, the efficacy of nebulized budesonide (Pulmicort Respules/Nebuamp), oral prednisolone, and placebo was compared in 199 patients with acute exacerbations of COPD requiring hospitalization...
- Treatment of chronic rhinosinusitis with nasal polyposis with oral steroids followed by topical steroids: a randomized trialSriram Vaidyanathan
Ninewells Hospital, University of Dundee, United Kingdom
Ann Intern Med 154:293-302. 2011..Chronic rhinosinusitis (CRS) with nasal polyposis is common. The long-term efficacy and safety of approaches to medical management are not well-known...
- Acute and 2-week exposure to prednisolone impair different aspects of beta-cell function in healthy menDaniel H van Raalte
Endocrinology Section, Department of Internal Medicine, Diabetes Centre, VU University Medical Centre, De Boelelaan 1117, PO Box 7057, 1007 MB Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Endocrinol 162:729-35. 2010Glucocorticoids (GCs), such as prednisolone, are associated with adverse metabolic effects, including glucose intolerance and diabetes...
- Mycophenolate mofetil vs azathioprine for remission maintenance in antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody-associated vasculitis: a randomized controlled trialThomas F Hiemstra
University of Cambridge and Lupus and Vasculitis Unit, Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge, England
JAMA 304:2381-8. 2010..Current remission maintenance therapies for antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody (ANCA)-associated vasculitis (AAV) are limited by partial efficacy and toxicity...
- Glucocorticosteroids increase cell entry by hepatitis C virusSandra Ciesek
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Endocrinology, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Gastroenterology 138:1875-84. 2010..However, these drugs worsen hepatitis C virus (HCV) recurrence after liver transplantation, suggesting that they may directly exacerbate HCV infection...
- Prednisolone-induced differential gene expression in mouse liver carrying wild type or a dimerization-defective glucocorticoid receptorRaoul Frijters
Computational Drug Discovery CDD, Nijmegen Centre for Molecular Life Sciences NCMLS, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Geert Grooteplein Zuid 26 28, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
BMC Genomics 11:359. 2010..To study the importance of GR dimerization in the regulation of gene expression, we performed gene expression profiling of livers of prednisolone-treated wild type (WT) and mice that have lost the ability to form GR dimers (GRdim).
- Thalidomide-dexamethasone compared with melphalan-prednisolone in elderly patients with multiple myelomaHeinz Ludwig
Department of Medicine I, Wilhelminenspital Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Blood 113:3435-42. 2009We compared thalidomide-dexamethasone (TD) with melphalan-prednisolone (MP) in 289 elderly patients with multiple myeloma (MM)...
- Lack of radiological and clinical benefit over two years of low dose prednisolone for rheumatoid arthritis: results of a randomised controlled trialH A Capell
Centre for Rheumatic Diseases, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, North Glasgow University NHS Trust, Castle St, Glasgow G40SF, UK
Ann Rheum Dis 63:797-803. 2004..Evidence for disease modifying activity of low dose corticosteroid treatment in rheumatoid arthritis is contradictory. Studies showing radiological benefit suggest that continued treatment is required to sustain the effect...
- Effects of low-dose prednisolone on endothelial function, atherosclerosis, and traditional risk factors for atherosclerosis in patients with rheumatoid arthritis--a randomized studyIngiäld Hafström
Department of Rheumatology, Department of Cardiology, Karolinska Institute, Karolinska University Hospital, Huddinge, Stockholm, Sweden
J Rheumatol 34:1810-6. 2007To determine the influence of low-dose prednisolone on atherosclerosis, endothelial function, and risk factors for atherosclerosis in patients with early rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
- Prednisolone suppresses the function and promotes apoptosis of plasmacytoid dendritic cellsP P C Boor
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Erasmus MC University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Transplant 6:2332-41. 2006..Purified PDC were cultured with or without clinically relevant concentrations of cyclosporin, tacrolimus or prednisolone. Apoptosis induction was monitored by determination of active caspase-3, nuclear condensation and annexin-V/..
- Clinical efficacy of a short course of systemic steroids in nasal polyposisVirat Kirtsreesakul
Department of Otolaryngology, Faculty of Medicine, Prince of Songklu University, Thailand
Rhinology 49:525-32. 2011..The aim of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of a short course of oral prednisolone in nasal polyposis and to evaluate which, if any, clinical variables can predict treatment outcome in these ..
- Long-term outcome of patients with diffuse proliferative lupus nephritis treated with prednisolone and oral cyclophosphamide followed by azathioprineT M Chan
Department of Medicine, University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong
Lupus 14:265-72. 2005..significant proteinuria, and hypoalbuminemia, who had been treated with sequential immunosuppression comprising prednisolone and oral cyclophosphamide as induction followed by low-dose prednisolone and azathioprine as maintenance...
- Prednisolone suppression test in depression: prospective study of the role of HPA axis dysfunction in treatment resistanceMario F Juruena
Section of Neurobiology of Mood Disorders, PO 74, Institute of Psychiatry, 103 Denmark Hill, London SE5 8AF, UK
Br J Psychiatry 194:342-9. 2009..People with severe depressive illness have raised levels of cortisol and reduced glucocorticoid receptor function...
- Factorial randomised controlled trial of glucocorticoids and combination disease modifying drugs in early rheumatoid arthritisE H S Choy
Sir Alfred Baring Garrod Clinical Trials Unit, Academic Department of Rheumatology, King s College School of Medicine, Weston Education Centre, Cutcombe Road, London SE5 9RJ, UK
Ann Rheum Dis 67:656-63. 2008..As the relative benefits of combining two DMARDs, one DMARD with glucocorticoids and two DMARDs with glucocorticoids are uncertain we defined them in a factorial trial...
- Consolidation therapy with low-dose thalidomide and prednisolone prolongs the survival of multiple myeloma patients undergoing a single autologous stem-cell transplantation procedureAndrew Spencer
Malignant Haematology and Stem Cell Transplantation Service, Alfred Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Clin Oncol 27:1788-93. 2009..This study assessed whether the addition of thalidomide consolidation following ASCT would improve the durability of responses achieved and overall survival...
- Low-dose glucocorticoid treatment affects multiple aspects of intermediary metabolism in healthy humans: a randomised controlled trialD H van Raalte
Diabetes Centre, Department of Internal Medicine, VU University Medical Centre, De Boelelaan 1117, 1007 MB, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Diabetologia 54:2103-12. 2011..To assess whether low-dose glucocorticoid treatment induces adverse metabolic effects, as is evident for high glucocorticoid doses...
- Early change in bilirubin levels is an important prognostic factor in severe alcoholic hepatitis treated with prednisolonePhilippe Mathurin
Sce d Hépato Gastroentérologie, Hôpital Claude Hurriez, and Inserm EPI 0114 Lille, Paris, France
Hepatology 38:1363-9. 2003..In conclusion, ECBL is a very simple predictive factor for identifying nonresponders. A recommendation to discontinue corticosteroids after 7 days in patients without ECBL, suggested by our results, awaits additional confirmation...
- Treatment of eosinophilic meningitis with a combination of prednisolone and mebendazoleVerajit Chotmongkol
Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen, Thailand
Am J Trop Med Hyg 74:1122-4. 2006To study the efficacy of the combination of prednisolone and mebendazole for the treatment of eosinophilic meningitis, we conducted a pilot study among Thai patients with eosinophilic meningitis...
- The distinct alterations produced in cardiovascular functions by prednisolone and nitro-prednisolone (NCX-1015) in the rat highlight a causal role for endothelin-1Clara Di Filippo
The William Harvey Research Institute, Queen Mary School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of London, Charterhouse Square, EC1M 6BQ London, UK
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 310:1133-41. 2004Daily administration of prednisolone, but not the derivative NCX-1015 (or prednisolone 21-[4'-nitrooxymethyl]benzoate), to rats resulted in a time- and dose-dependent increase in mean arterial blood pressure (MABP), significant after 1 ..
- Preparation and in vitro evaluation of mucoadhesive properties of alginate/chitosan microparticles containing prednisoloneSakchai Wittaya-Areekul
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Naresuan University, Phitsanulok 65000, Thailand
Int J Pharm 312:113-8. 2006This study describes the preparation of mucoadhesive alginate/chitosan microparticles containing prednisolone intended for colon-specific delivery...
- Short course prednisolone for adhesive capsulitis (frozen shoulder or stiff painful shoulder): a randomised, double blind, placebo controlled trialR Buchbinder
Monash Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Cabrini Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
Ann Rheum Dis 63:1460-9. 2004To determine whether a short course of prednisolone is superior to placebo for improving pain, function, and range of motion in adhesive capsulitis.
- Increasing the dose of prednisolone during viral infections reduces the risk of relapse in nephrotic syndrome: a randomised controlled trialA S Abeyagunawardena
Department of Paediatrics, University of Peradeniya, Peradeniya, Sri Lanka
Arch Dis Child 93:226-8. 2008..Relapses of nephrotic syndrome are often triggered by viral upper respiratory tract infections (URTIs), possibly mediated by cytokine release...
- Efficacy of prednisolone in children hospitalized for recurrent wheezingTuomas Jartti
Department of Pediatrics, Turku University Hospital, Turku, Finland
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 18:326-34. 2007..To determine whether prednisolone is effective in rhinovirus- or enterovirus-induced recurrent wheezing, we conducted a controlled trial ..
- Prednisolone suppresses NK cell cytotoxicity in vitro in women with a history of infertility and elevated NK cell cytotoxicityMeen Yau Thum
Lister Fertility Clinic, Lister Hospital, London, UK
Am J Reprod Immunol 59:259-65. 2008To evaluate the effect of prednisolone on NK cell cytotoxicity in vitro environment and also to compare the effect of prednisolone versus immunoglobulin-G (IVIG) on NK cell cytotoxicity using in vitro co-culture with K562 cells.
- Long-term follow-up of patients with IgA nephropathy treated with prednisolone and cyclophosphamide therapySatoshi Oshima
Self Defense Force Central Hospital, 1 2 24 Ikejiri, Setagaya Ku, Tokyo, Japan
Clin Exp Nephrol 12:264-9. 2008..We also examined the relationship between the efficacy of the treatment and the suppression of the serum immunoglobulin level...
- Corticosteroids for treating nerve damage in leprosy. A Cochrane reviewNatasja H J Van Veen
Department of Public Health, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Lepr Rev 79:361-71. 2008..Corticosteroids are commonly used for treating nerve damage in leprosy. We assessed the effectiveness of corticosteroids for treating nerve damage due to leprosy...
- Prednisolone as preservation additive prevents from ischemia reperfusion injury in a rat model of orthotopic lung transplantationPatrick Paulus
Clinic of Anesthesiology, Intensive Care Medicine and Pain Therapy, Goethe University Hospital Frankfurt, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
PLoS ONE 8:e73298. 2013..To investigate these effects we performed orthotopic lung transplantations (LTX) in the rat. Prednisolone was either added to the perfusion solution for lung preservation or omitted and rats were followed for 48 hours ..
- Evaluation of sustained release of PLC-loaded prednisolone acetate microfilm on postoperative inflammation in an experimental model of glaucoma filtration surgeryMarcus Ang
Singapore National Eye Centre, Singapore
Curr Eye Res 36:1123-8. 2011To evaluate the effect of a biodegradable microfilm with sustained release of prednisolone acetate (PA) on postoperative wound healing after experimental glaucoma filtration surgery (GFS).
- Synergistic protection against cartilage destruction by low dose prednisolone and interleukin-10 in established murine collagen arthritisL A Joosten
Department of Rheumatology, University Hospital Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Inflamm Res 48:48-55. 1999..To investigate potential synergy of low dosages glucocorticosteroids (GC's) and interleukin-10 (IL-10), using established murine collagen-induced arthritis (CIA) as a model...
- Metabolic effects of high-dose prednisolone treatment in early rheumatoid arthritis: balance between diabetogenic effects and inflammation reductionDebby den Uyl
VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Arthritis Rheum 64:639-46. 2012..To investigate the dose-related effects of glucocorticoid treatment on glucose tolerance, beta cell function, and insulin sensitivity in patients with early active rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Rationale and design of the Investigation of the Management of Pericarditis (IMPI) trial: a 2 × 2 factorial randomized double-blind multicenter trial of adjunctive prednisolone and Mycobacterium w immunotherapy in tuberculous pericarditisBongani M Mayosi
The Cardiac Clinic, Department of Medicine, Groote Schuur Hospital, Cape Town, South Africa
Am Heart J 165:109-15.e3. 2013..w) can safely reduce mortality and morbidity...
- Pulsed high-dose dexamethasone versus standard prednisolone treatment for chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy (PREDICT study): a double-blind, randomised, controlled trialIvo N van Schaik
Department of Neurology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
Lancet Neurol 9:245-53. 2010..The PREDICT study aimed to compare remission rates in patients with CIDP treated with high-dose dexamethasone with rates in patients treated with standard oral prednisolone.
- Prednisolone causes anxiety- and depression-like behaviors and altered expression of apoptotic genes in mice hippocampusYu Kajiyama
Department of Mental Disorder Research, National Institute of Neuroscience, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, Tokyo, Japan
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 34:159-65. 2010Glucocorticoids are known to cause psychiatric disorders including depression. Prednisolone (PSL) is one of the most widely used synthetic glucocorticoids to treat various medical diseases; however, little is known about PSL-induced ..
- Long-term remission of CIDP after pulsed dexamethasone or short-term prednisolone treatmentF Eftimov
Department of Neurology, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Neurology 78:1079-84. 2012..In this prospective cohort study we present long-term follow-up data on patients included in a multicenter randomized controlled trial comparing 6 monthly pulses of dexamethasone with 8 months of daily prednisolone.
- Prednisolone-induced beta cell dysfunction is associated with impaired endoplasmic reticulum homeostasis in INS-1E cellsMargot M L Linssen
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Cell Signal 23:1708-15. 2011Glucocorticoids (GCs), such as prednisolone (PRED), are widely prescribed anti-inflammatory drugs, but their use may induce glucose intolerance and diabetes...
- A feasibility trial of screening women with idiopathic recurrent miscarriage for high uterine natural killer cell density and randomizing to prednisolone or placebo when pregnantAi Wei Tang
Department for Women s and Children s Health, Institute of Translational Medicine, University of Liverpool, Liverpool L8 7SS, UK
Hum Reprod 28:1743-52. 2013Is it feasible to screen women with idiopathic recurrent miscarriage (RM) for high uterine natural killer (uNK) cell density and then randomize them to prednisolone or placebo when pregnant?
- Cyclosporine decreases skin lesions and pruritus in dogs with atopic dermatitis: a blinded randomized prednisolone-controlled trialThierry Olivry
Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina State University, Raleigh 27606, USA
Vet Dermatol 13:77-87. 2002..with nonseasonal AD were randomly allocated to receive an oral solution of either NEORAL CsA (5 mg kg-1) or prednisolone (0.5 mg kg-1) once daily for 6 weeks...
- Steroid responsive meningitis-arteritis: a prospective study of potential disease markers, prednisolone treatment, and long-term outcome in 20 dogs (2006-2008)M Lowrie
Division of Companion Animal Sciences, Institute of Comparative Medicine, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK
J Vet Intern Med 23:862-70. 2009Previous multidrug studies have identified the value of prednisolone in treating steroid responsive meningitis-arteritis (SRMA) and the potential value of acute phase proteins (APPs) and immunoglobulin A (IgA) in diagnosis and monitoring.
- Randomized open comparative trial of dexamethasone-cyclophosphamide pulse and daily oral cyclophosphamide versus cyclophosphamide pulse and daily oral prednisolone in pemphigus vulgarisPradeep K Sethy
Department of Dermatology and Venereology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi 110 029, India
Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol 75:476-82. 2009..In various case series, pulse therapy has shown good results in pemphigus vulgaris (PV), with long-term remissions...
- Optimum prednisolone usage in patients with biliary atresia postportoenterostomyHiroyuki Kobayashi
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Juntendo University School of Medicine, Tokyo 113 8421, Japan
J Pediatr Surg 40:327-30. 2005b>Prednisolone is used routinely after portoenterostomy (PE) in patients with biliary atresia (BA). The authors reviewed their patients with BA post-PE to assess prednisolone protocols.
- Long-term clinical, immunologic and virologic impact of glucocorticoids on the chronic phase of HIV infectionJean Marie Andrieu
Institut de Recherche sur les Vaccins et l Immunothérapie des cancers et du SIDA, Laboratoire d Oncologie et Virologie Moléculaire, Centre Biomédical des Saints Pères, Universite Rene Descartes, Paris, France
BMC Med 2:17. 2004..immune system activation/destruction process associated with chronic HIV infection, we focused our interest on prednisolone (PDN), because we had showed that, in vitro, PDN had a strong anti-apoptotic activity on activated T cells of ..
- Evaluating patients' outcome post-Kasai operation: a 19-year experience with modification of the hepatic portoenterostomy and applying a novel steroid therapy regimenTatsuya Suzuki
Division of Pediatric Surgery and Transplant Surgery, Nagoya City University Hospital, Mizuho ku, Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
Pediatr Surg Int 26:825-30. 2010..HPE is associated with a risk of hepatic impairment, so we adopted a novel steroid therapy regimen well suited to our procedure. This paper reports the results of our experience...
- Continuous monitoring of circadian glycemic patterns in patients receiving prednisolone for COPDMorton G Burt
Southern Adelaide Diabetes and Endocrine Services, Repatriation General Hospital, Daw Park, Adelaide 5041, Australia
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:1789-96. 2011Endogenous glucocorticoid excess (Cushing's syndrome) predominantly increases postprandial glucose concentration. The pattern of hyperglycemia induced by prednisolone has not been well characterized.
- BIM is a prognostic biomarker for early prednisolone response in pediatric acute lymphoblastic leukemiaNan Jiang
Department of Paediatrics, Division of Haematology and Oncology, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University Hospital, National University of Singapore, 5 Lower Kent Ridge Road, Singapore
Exp Hematol 39:321-9, 329.e1-3. 2011Glucocorticoids such as prednisolone (PRED) are widely used in the treatment of pediatric acute lymphoblastic leukemia. In PRED-induced apoptosis, Bcl-2 family members play important regulatory roles...
- Granulocyteaphaeresis in steroid-dependent inflammatory bowel disease: a prospective, open, pilot studyE Domenech
Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol, Badalona, Spain
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 20:1347-52. 2004..Uncontrolled studies suggest that granulocyteaphaeresis might be useful in the management of active ulcerative colitis...
- Prednisolone treatment affects the performance of the QuantiFERON gold in-tube test and the tuberculin skin test in patients with autoimmune disorders screened for latent tuberculosis infectionErika Bélard
Department of Gastroenterology, Copenhagen University Hospital, Hvidovre, Denmark
Inflamm Bowel Dis 17:2340-9. 2011..The objective was to evaluate the performance of the QuantiFERON Gold In-Tube (QFT-IT) and the Tuberculin Skin Test (TST)...
- Docetaxel in combination with prednisolone for hormone refractory prostate cancerHiroki Ide
Department of Urology, Keio University School of Medicine, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
Jpn J Clin Oncol 40:79-84. 2010The objective of this study was to evaluate the efficacy and toxicity of docetaxel in combination with prednisolone in Japanese patients with hormone refractory prostate cancer.
- Clinical features and outcomes of eosinophilic myocarditis patients treated with prednisolone at a single institution over a 27-year periodSayaka Kawano
Department of Internal Medicine, Circulatory and Body Fluid Regulation, Faculty of Medicine, University of Miyazaki, Japan
Intern Med 50:975-81. 2011..The prognosis of patients with eosinophilic myocarditis is difficult to determine due the disease's rarity and varied causes; consequently, standard treatment has not been established...
- Anemia and erythropoiesis-stimulating agent administration in patients with non-Hodgkin lymphoma treated with cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine, and prednisolone ± rituximab chemotherapy: results from an observational studyCorinne Haioun
Hematology Department, Henri Mondor Hospital, Creteil, France
Leuk Lymphoma 52:796-803. 2011CHOP (cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine, prednisolone) ± rituximab [(± R)CHOP] is the current standard of care for aggressive non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL)...
- Paediatric acute asthma management in Australia and New Zealand: practice patterns in the context of clinical practice guidelinesF E Babl
Emergency Department, Royal Children s Hospital, Parkville, VIC 3052, Australia
Arch Dis Child 93:307-12. 2008..All 11 sites participate in the Paediatric Research in Emergency Departments International Collaborative (PREDICT) research network...
- Prednisolone-induced changes in gene-expression profiles in healthy volunteersErik J M Toonen
MSD Research Laboratories, Oss, The Netherlands
Pharmacogenomics 12:985-98. 2011b>Prednisolone and other glucocorticoids (GCs) are potent anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressive drugs. However, prolonged use at a medium or high dose is hampered by side effects of which the metabolic side effects are most evident...
- A palatability study of a flavored dexamethasone preparation versus prednisolone liquid in childrenHeather Hames
Department of Medicine, University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
Can J Clin Pharmacol 15:e95-8. 2008..Palatability is an important factor in medication compliance for children where the acceptability of a liquid medication and its ease of administration will be greatly affected by its taste...
- IL-1beta genotype-related effect of prednisolone on IL-1beta production in human peripheral blood mononuclear cells under acute inflammationSvetlana Markova
Division of Clinical Pharmacokinetics, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, 7 5 2 Kusunoki cho, Chuo Ku, Kobe 650 0017, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 30:1481-7. 2007Glucocorticoids such as prednisolone are used for their anti-inflammatory properties...
- Comparison of colchicine versus prednisolone in recurrent aphthous stomatitis: A double-blind randomized clinical trialAtessa Pakfetrat
Oral Medicine Department, School of Dentistry, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, Mashhad, Iran
Clin Invest Med 33:E189-95. 2010..In this study, we compared the therapeutic effects of 5 mg/d prednisolone with 0.5 mg/d colchicine in the treatment of RAS.
- MRI evaluation of the antitumor activity of paramagnetic liposomes loaded with prednisolone phosphateEvelina Cittadino
Department of Chemistry, IFM and Molecular and Preclinical Imaging Centres, University of Torino, Via Nizza 52, I 10126, Torino, Italy
Eur J Pharm Sci 45:436-41. 2012The design of long circulating liposomes co-loaded with the glucocorticoid prednisolone phosphate (PLP) and the amphiphilic paramagnetic contrast agent Gd-DOTAMA(C(18))(2) allowed the MRI-guided in vivo visualization of the delivery and ..
- Long-term outcome of autoimmune pancreatitis after oral prednisolone therapyTakayoshi Nishino
Institute of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Tokyo Women s Medical University, School of Medicine
Intern Med 45:497-501. 2006..the long-term outcome of autoimmune pancreatitis (AIP) including morphological changes in the pancreas, pancreatic duct, biliary tract, pancreatic function, and changes in the clinical manifestations after oral prednisolone (PSL) therapy.
- Low-dose prednisolone has a CD4-stabilizing effect in pre-treated HIV-patients during structured therapy interruptions (STI)A Ulmer
HIV Schwerpunktpraxis, Stuttgart, Germany
Eur J Med Res 10:227-32. 2005..of CD4+ T cells was firstly noticed in therapy-naive HIV-patients without antiretroviral therapy (ART) taking 5 mg prednisolone daily. This observation led to the prescription of prednisolone during structured therapy interruptions (STI).
- Idiopathic immune-mediated hemolytic anemia: treatment outcome and prognostic factors in 149 dogsC J Piek
Department of Clinical Sciences of Companion Animals, Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Vet Intern Med 22:366-73. 2008..Canine idiopathic immune-mediated hemolytic anemia (IMHA) is associated with a high mortality, especially in the 1st 2 weeks after diagnosis despite treatment...
- Prednisolone inhibits hyperosmolarity-induced expression of MCP-1 via NF-kappaB in peritoneal mesothelial cellsH Matsuo
The Second Department of Internal Medicine, University of Occupational and Environmental Health School of Medicine, and Kidney Center, University Hospital, Kitakyushu, Japan
Kidney Int 69:736-46. 2006..Mannitol caused a similar increase in PKC and NF-kappaB activation and MCP-1 synthesis. Prednisolone increased I-kappaB-alpha expression and inhibited glucose/mannitol-induced NF-kappaB DNA binding and MCP-1 ..
- A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of the use of prednisolone as an adjunct to treatment in HIV-1-associated pleural tuberculosisAlison M Elliott
Uganda Virus Research Institute, Entebbe
J Infect Dis 190:869-78. 2004..We examined the effect that prednisolone has on survival in HIV-1-associated pleural tuberculosis.
- Site-specific targeting of nanoparticle prednisolone reduces in-stent restenosis in a rabbit model of established atheromaMichael Joner
Deutsches Herzzentrum Muenchen und Medizinische Klinik, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Muenchen, Germany
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 28:1960-6. 2008TRM-484 is a novel drug consisting of nanoparticles of prednisolone with high affinity to chondroitin sulfate proteoglycans (CSPGs)...
- Placebo-controlled oral pulse prednisolone therapy in alopecia areataBikash Ranjan Kar
Department of Dermatology, Venereology, and Leprology, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
J Am Acad Dermatol 52:287-90. 2005..None of the studies published so far regarding their use in AA have been randomized or placebo-controlled...
- Prednisolone treatment induces tolerogenic dendritic cells and a regulatory milieu in myasthenia gravis patientsClaudia Luther
Department of General Neurology and Neurodegenerative Disorders, Hertie Institute for Clinical Brain Research, Tubingen University Hospital, Germany
J Immunol 183:841-8. 2009..Interestingly, Treg cells from prednisolone-treated myasthenia gravis patients showed an improved suppressive function compared with untreated patients, ..
- Genomewide identification of prednisolone-responsive genes in acute lymphoblastic leukemia cellsWim J E Tissing
Department of Pediatric Oncology Hematology, Erasmus MC Sophia Children s Hospital, Dr Molewaterplein 60, 3015 GJ Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Blood 109:3929-35. 2007..Affymetrix U133A GeneChips were used to identify transcriptionally regulated genes on 3 and 8 hours of prednisolone exposure in leukemic cells of 13 children as compared with nonexposed cells...
- Complete remission of experimental arthritis by joint targeting of glucocorticoids with long-circulating liposomesJosbert M Metselaar
Utrecht Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Arthritis Rheum 48:2059-66. 2003....
- Retardation of joint damage in patients with early rheumatoid arthritis by initial aggressive treatment with disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs: five-year experience from the FIN-RACo studyMarkku Korpela
Tampere University Hospital, Tampere, Finland
Arthritis Rheum 50:2072-81. 2004....
- Prednisolone therapy in Duchenne muscular dystrophy prolongs ambulation and prevents scoliosisO Yilmaz
Hacettepe University School of Physiotherapy, Ankara, Turkey
Eur J Neurol 11:541-4. 2004..Treatment regimen was oral prednisolone 0.75 mg/kg on alternate days, plus vitamin D 600-1200 units/day and a calcium-enriched diet...
- Explaining variability in tacrolimus pharmacokinetics to optimize early exposure in adult kidney transplant recipientsRogier R Press
Department of Clinical Pharmacy and Toxicology, Leiden University Medical Center, Albinusdreef 2, Leiden, The Netherlands
Ther Drug Monit 31:187-97. 2009..analysis was performed to estimate the effects of demographic factors, hematocrit, serum albumin concentration, prednisolone dose, TRL dose interval, polymorphisms in genes coding for ABCB1, CYP3A5, CYP3A4, and the pregnane X receptor ..
- Practicability and acute haematological toxicity of 2- and 3-weekly CHOP and CHOEP chemotherapy for aggressive non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: results from the NHL-B trial of the German High-Grade Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma Study Group (DSHNHL)A Wunderlich
Institute for Medical Informatics, Statistics and Epidemiology, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
Ann Oncol 14:881-93. 2003..To enable more extensive testing of these schemes we here characterise their practicability regarding schedule adherence, acute haematotoxicity and need for supportive treatment...
- Low dose prednisolone reduces CD4+ T cell loss in therapy-naive HIV-patients without antiretroviral therapyAlbrecht Ulmer
HIV Schwerpunktpraxis, Schwabstr 26, D 70197 Stuttgart, Germany
Eur J Med Res 10:105-9. 2005..of CD4+ T cells was noticed in therapy-naive HIV-patients without antiretroviral therapy (ART) taking 5 mg prednisolone daily...
- Efficacy and safety of tacrolimus (FK506) in treatment of rheumatoid arthritis: a randomized, double blind, placebo controlled dose-finding studyHirobumi Kondo
Japanese Tacrolimus FK506 RA Study Group, Kitasato University School of Medicine, Kanagawa, Japan
J Rheumatol 31:243-51. 2004..To evaluate the efficacy and safety of tacrolimus (FK506) in patients with active rheumatoid arthritis (RA) exhibiting resistance to disease modifying antirheumatic drug (DMARD) therapy, and to determine the optimal dosage...
- Transactivation via the human glucocorticoid and mineralocorticoid receptor by therapeutically used steroids in CV-1 cells: a comparison of their glucocorticoid and mineralocorticoid propertiesClaudia Grossmann
Department of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Nutrition, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Hindenburgdamm 30, 12200 Berlin, Germany
Eur J Endocrinol 151:397-406. 2004....
- Methimazole-induced lupus erythematosus: a case reportLi Chieh Wang
Department of Pediatrics, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
J Microbiol Immunol Infect 36:278-81. 2003..Methimazole was discontinued, and she was treated with prednisolone and Plaquenil, after which the symptoms and laboratory tests became normal within 40 days...
- Acute severe steatohepatitis related to prednisolone therapyS P Dourakis
Am J Gastroenterol 97:1074-5. 2002
- Relationship between exacerbation frequency and lung function decline in chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseG C Donaldson
Academic Unit of Respiratory Medicine, St Bartholomew s and Royal London School of Medicine and Dentistry, UK
Thorax 57:847-52. 2002..The aim of this study was to investigate whether these are related...
- Effects of prednisolone treatment on cytokine expression in patients with leprosy type 1 reactionsAnna K Andersson
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London WC1E HTM, United Kingdom
Infect Immun 73:3725-33. 2005..The anti-inflammatory drug prednisolone is used for treatment, but there is little good in vivo data on the molecular actions of prednisolone...
- Prednisolone maintenance dose in relation to starting dose in the treatment of polymyalgia rheumatica and temporal arteritis. A prospective two-year study in 273 patientsG Myklebust
Department of Rheumatology, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tromsø, Norway
Scand J Rheumatol 30:260-7. 2001..To describe the maintenance dose and annual cessation rate of oral corticosteroids in relation to the starting dose in patients with polymyalgia rheumatica (PMR) and temporal arteritis (TA)...
- Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of prednisolone in post-infectious irritable bowel syndromeS P Dunlop
Division of Gastroenterology, University Hospital, Nottingham, UK
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 18:77-84. 2003..Animal studies have suggested that steroids reduce the lymphocyte response and suppress some of the post-infectious changes in neuromuscular function...
- Prednisolone and valaciclovir in Bell's palsy: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicentre trialMats Engstrom
Department of Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, Uppsala University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Lancet Neurol 7:993-1000. 2008..The aim of this study was to compare the short-term and long-term effects of prednisolone and valaciclovir in the recovery of the affected facial nerve in a large number of patients.
- Patient stratification based on prednisolone-vincristine-asparaginase resistance profiles in children with acute lymphoblastic leukemiaM L den Boer
Department of Pediatric Oncology and Hematology, Erasmus MC Sophia Children s Hospital, PO Box 2060, 3000 CB Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 21:3262-8. 2003To confirm the prognostic value of a drug resistance profile combining prednisolone, vincristine, and l-asparaginase (PVA) cytotoxicity in an independent group of children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) treated with a different ..
- Steroid Responsive Mechanisms in the EarDENNIS ROYAL TRUNE; Fiscal Year: 2012..study has shown that hearing loss in the MRL/MpJ-Faslpr autoimmune mouse responds to both the glucocorticoid prednisolone and the mineralocorticoid aldosterone...
- Transscleral Transport & Polymeric Delivery of Antibody & Steroids for Macular EdAshim K Mitra; Fiscal Year: 2010..of this new grant application are: (1) to determine transscleral permeability of steroids (dexamethasone and prednisolone) and anti-VEGF monoclonal antibody (bevacizumab) (i) alone (ii) encapsulated in unmodified and surface modified ..
- Proteomics Biomarkers Development LaboratorySamir Hanash; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Relation of Consummatory and Anticipatory Food Reward to ObesitySonja Yokum; Fiscal Year: 2013..An improved understanding of the neural substrates that contribute to obesity should inform the development of more effective prevention and treatment interventions for this pernicious medical condition. ..
- Novel Biomarkers and Causal Pathways in RA SusceptbilityKaren H Costenbader; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Mechanisms and Treatment of Chronic, Latent Human StrongyloidiasisJames B Lok; Fiscal Year: 2013..be tested under Aim 1 of the R21 phase of the project by ascertaining whether common medicinal steroids such as prednisolone or its common metabolites can activate Ss-DAF-12 signaling in a cell based reporter assay...
- Chemical Biodiversity: Investigating the Phylogeny and Functional Toxins of VenomMANDE N HOLFORD; Fiscal Year: 2010..A thorough mentoring plan will address development needs as they refer to the PIs scientific achievement, training of students and postdoctoral fellows, and independent career advancement. ..
- Genetics of Parkinsonism in a Special Population of Untreated SchizophreniaGabriel Alejandro De Erausquin; Fiscal Year: 2013..Lastly, we anticipate that our research strategy may indicate new waysto study and address the increased vulnerability of schizophrenic patients to nicotine dependence. ..
- Development of Novel Class of Anti-Inflammatory DrugsKEN CARTER; Fiscal Year: 2013..and (3) compare the oral administration efficacy of 3 lead compounds against the parent compound 61610 and prednisolone, a steroid used by IBD patients, in mouse models of IBD...
- fMRI and Cognition in Adolescent Cannabis UsersSusan F Tapert; Fiscal Year: 2010..All analyses will control for premorbid factors (i.e., family history of substance use disorders and personality), educational involvement (i.e., attendance), and other substance use (i.e., alcohol, nicotine, and other drugs). ..
- Immunity in alcoholic hepatitis.Zhang Xu Liu; Fiscal Year: 2013..Lymphocyte proliferation assay on day1 will be performed to predict the response to steroids. The effects of prednisolone+mycophenolate and prednisolone+rilonacept (anti-IL-1) treatment on the longitudinal changes of immunological ..
- Long-Acting Mucus-Penetrating Steroid Particles for Treatment of Eye InflammationHongming Chen; Fiscal Year: 2011..In SBIR Phase I, we will build upon these findings to develop a sustained release MPP formulation of prednisolone acetate (PA), the most prescribed ophthalmic corticosteroid...
- A prospective, randomized, clinical trial to evaluate two novel therapies, mycophTIMOTHY ROSS MORGAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Inflammation is the underlying cause of liver injury and the cause of symptoms and death. Prednisolone, the most commonly recommend treatment, improves survival in most, but not all, patients...
- CLINICAL TRIALS NETWORK: PACIFIC NORTHWEST NODEJohn M Roll; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Unbiased Approaches to Novel Biomarker Discovery in Parkinson's DiseaseAlice S Chen-Plotkin; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Comprehensive autopsy characterization of sudden cardiac deathZian H Tseng; Fiscal Year: 2013..These data may elucidate a more accurate definition of SCD, new independent risk factors for arrhythmic SD in diverse populations, and lay the groundwork for future genetic and molecular studies. ..
- Southern California Alcoholic Hepatitis Consortium Administrative CoreTIMOTHY ROSS MORGAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..The pathophysiology of alcoholic hepatitis is incompletely understood and prednisolone, the recommended treatment for severe alcoholic hepatitis, is ineffective in a significant proportion of ..
- Ultrasonic Techniques for Bladder Compliance MeasurementMostafa Fatemi; Fiscal Year: 2013..This information can potentially lead to earlier detection and improved management of bladder dysfunction. Thus, successful completion of this project may have a significant impact in diagnosis and management of bladder dysfunction. ..
- Imaging Research on Impulsivity, Stress and Drug AbuseLynn M Oswald; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- Developmental fMRI Study of Alcohol Use in AdolescenceJohn VanMeter; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Pathogenesis of Vaccinia virus keratitisCurtis R Brandt; Fiscal Year: 2013..In all groups that received prednisolone, keratitis rebounded within 3-4 days of halting the treatment and this was concomitant with the resumption of ..
- Adult consequences of youth substance use: Twin study enriched for SUD riskWilliam G Iacono; Fiscal Year: 2013..1 ..
- Ocular Disposition of Antimicrobial AgentsAshim K Mitra; Fiscal Year: 2010..cultures (rPCEC), alone, in combination and in the presence of topically applied anti-inflammatory steroids (prednisolone, prednisone and 6-alpha-methylprednisolone)...
- Mechanisms of Immune Modulation in JIANORA SINGER; Fiscal Year: 2013..TREAT will test whether aggressive early therapy with ETN, prednisolone and MTX will induce an inactive disease (ID) state in patients with poly-JIA more frequently than conventional ..
- In Vivo Imaging of Leukocyte-Endothelial DynamicsWilliam Mathers; Fiscal Year: 2005..Aim three, we will determine the effect of medications including topical prednisolone acetate, a mast cell stabilizer (optipranolol), or an oral nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (indomethacin) ..
- Matrix-induced Myogenesis & Pharmaco-Screens of MSCsDennis Discher; Fiscal Year: 2009..b>Prednisolone) and ultimately screen an NIH library for drug candidates that steer matrix-coupled myogenesis of stem cells...
- IMPROVED STEROID THERAPY FOR HEARING LOSSDennis Trune; Fiscal Year: 2000..The specific aims of the proposed study are to: Aim 1: To compare the effectiveness of prednisolone and aldosterone in reversing hearing loss once it occurs...
- Cognitive dysfunction and impaired inhibitory control in cocaine dependenceCharles W Bradberry; Fiscal Year: 2013..Understanding the source and mechanisms of cognitive dysfunction that predicts treatment outcome may help develop therapeutic approaches that lessen harm from addiction. ..
- Biomakers in Sickle Cell Anemia: Response to HydroxyureaMarie Stuart; Fiscal Year: 2004..In addition, findings from this study could have significant implications for other disease states associated with vasculopathy. ..
- ABNORMAL SODIUM HOMEOSTASIS IN HYPERTENSIVE PREGNANCYSteven Graves; Fiscal Year: 1992....
- DEVELOPMENT SUBSEQUENT TO JAUNDICE OF THE NEWBORNJEAN JEW; Fiscal Year: 1980..be used to evaluate and compare the effectiveness of various treatments (including phototherapy, albumin, and prednisolone administration) in ameliorating behavioral and biostructural abnormalities that occur in the homozygous Gunn ..
- CORTICOSEROID PHARMACOKINETICS AND PHARMACODYNAMICSWilliam Jusko; Fiscal Year: 2004..improved methods for assessing drug interactions for indirect response processes with focus on joint effects of prednisolone and COX-2 inhibitors...
- BLOOD PRESSURE, COGNITIVE FUNCTION & MRI IN OLDER ADULTSIris Goldstein; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Cordyceps Sinensis Evaluation in IgA Nephropathy ModelAbdalla Rifai; Fiscal Year: 2005..injury and (iii) comparing CSE effects with known anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressive NF-KappaB modulators (Prednisolone and Cyclosporine-A). 2...
- Gordon Research Conference: Muscle: Contractile ProteinsDavid Warshaw; Fiscal Year: 2002..The discussions will be led by the Session Chair and a Session Poster Chair who will together be responsible for incorporating the poster participants into the discussion. ..
- NGF SIGNALING IN MODELS OF AGE RELATED NEURODEGENERATIONWilliam Mobley; Fiscal Year: 2002..Evidence that abnormal NGF signaling is responsible for BFCN degeneration in models of AD and DS will give important new insights into pathogenesis and may suggest novel approaches to prevent or reverse dementia in these patients. ..
- NEUROTOXICITY OF CNS PROPHYLACTIC THERAPIES IN ALLPHYLLIS MULLENIX; Fiscal Year: 1993..animals are exposed to various CNS prophylactic treatments involving cranial irradiation, methotrexate, and prednisolone. The relative neurotoxicity of these agents alone or in combination will be distinguished...
- OPIATES, IMMUNE FUNCTION, AND CONTROL OF HIV INFECTIONRob Roy MacGregor; Fiscal Year: 1991..Finally, patients will be given a battery of psychological tests to define their degrees of psychopathology. These results will be correlated with the progressive state of the subjects' CMI, utilizing multivariate analysis...
- Neuroimaging Markers of Vulnerability to DepressionRonald Dahl; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- GORDON CONFERENCE--MUSCLE CONTRACTILE PROTEINSSarah Hitchcock DeGregori; Fiscal Year: 1999..In the ninth, and last, session prominent participants will summarize sections of the conference in relation to where the field has been and may go in the next millennium. ..
- IGF-I LEVELS, IGF-I GENOTYPE, AND PROSTATE CANCERNoel Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Acoustic startle reduction in cocaine dependenceErica Duncan; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Phase II Chemoprevention Trial of Selenium and Prostate CancerFrederick Ahmann; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- HIPPOCAMPAL DAMAGE AS A CAUSE OF EPILEPSYPHILIP SCHWARTZKROIN; Fiscal Year: 1992..Such information could provide a foundation for assessing the need for, and designing, interventive treatments in the clinical population suffering from lesion producing trauma and/or seizures...
- Otitis Media Impact on the Inner EarDennis Trune; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The Role of Osteocyte Survival in Bone StrengthRobert Weinstein; Fiscal Year: 2005..The proposed research plan will reveal the role of osteocyte survival in bone strength and how osteocytes achieve this objective. ..
- Fluid Movement across Conjunctiva: Stimulation and RegulationOSCAR CANDIA; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies may provide the groundwork for the design of future treatment modalities for dry-eye syndromes. ..
- Measurement of Fluid Flow Across the Ocular Ciliary BodyOSCAR CANDIA; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Transporter maintenance of dopamine homeostasisCLARE WILHELM; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Angiogenic Agents and Alveolar InjuryVineet Bhandari; Fiscal Year: 2007..Determine the differences and the degree to which the response to hyperoxia-induced acute lung injury differs in adult, newborn and fetal mice with regard to VEGF, Angiopoietin 1 and Angiopoietin 2. ..
- SOLUTE AND FLUID TRANSPORT ACROSS THE CONJUNCTIVAOSCAR CANDIA; Fiscal Year: 2002..Based on this model, he will devise protocols to modify and possibly reverse the secretory/absorptive properties of the tissue. ..
- AN EVOLUTIONARY LINK BETWEEN TELOMERES AND TRANSPOSONSMARY LOU PARDUE; Fiscal Year: 2008..We have discovered that HeT-A and TART expression can be regulated by several external agents. We describe experiments to better define the set of agents capable of this regulation and to explore possible mechanisms. ..
- ALCOHOL AND STRESS IN ADOLESCENCELinda Spear; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results of this basic research should provide an essential initial base of data regarding ethanol reinforcement and stress during adolescence as well as potential long-lasting consequences of such exposure. ..
- Computational Methods for Functional GenomicsSimon Tavare; Fiscal Year: 2005..This research program is specifically structured to provide practical and continuing training in this process. ..
- Biomarkers of oxidative stress and inflammation in COPDWilliam MacNee; Fiscal Year: 2005..Such information will allow the identification of novel biomarkers and the fingerprints themselves may represent a mechanism to stratify COPD patients and allow the assessment of novel therapies. ..
- An in Vivo Neurogenesis Assay to Discover Antidepressants and Cognitive EnhancersMahalakshmi Shankaran; Fiscal Year: 2008..We will use a powerful new method for measuring the production of new brain cells as a way to discover new drugs, and we will then test the effectiveness of these drugs on depression and memory. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center Pediatric ACTUMurli Purswani; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Transgenic analysis of Smad tumor suppressor genesStuart Newfeld; Fiscal Year: 2006..This knowledge can be used to determine if Smad proteins should be exploited as anti-cancer drug discovery targets. ..
- Determinants of arterial function in hypertensionIftikhar J Kullo; Fiscal Year: 2010..The aim of our investigation is to identify novel proteins and genes that influence arterial function. Such work will help in identifying those at risk of developing arterial disease and facilitate development of new therapies. ..
- Cytoskeletal Regulation of Outer Hair Cell MotilityFederico Kalinec; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Young Investigators Initiative Workshop (U13)Nancy Lane; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..