Genomes and Genes
Summary: A synthetic anti-inflammatory glucocorticoid derived from CORTISONE. It is biologically inert and converted to PREDNISOLONE in the liver.
Publications363 found, 100 shown here
- Docetaxel plus prednisone or mitoxantrone plus prednisone for advanced prostate cancerIan F Tannock
Department of Medical Oncology and Hematology, Princess Margaret Hospital and University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
N Engl J Med 351:1502-12. 2004Mitoxantrone plus prednisone reduces pain and improves the quality of life in men with advanced, hormone-refractory prostate cancer, but it does not improve survival...
- Docetaxel and estramustine compared with mitoxantrone and prednisone for advanced refractory prostate cancerDaniel P Petrylak
Columbia University, Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center, New York, USA
N Engl J Med 351:1513-20. 2004..We compared docetaxel plus estramustine with mitoxantrone plus prednisone in men with metastatic, hormone-independent prostate cancer.
- Prednisone plus cabazitaxel or mitoxantrone for metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer progressing after docetaxel treatment: a randomised open-label trialJohann Sebastian de Bono
Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust and The Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton, UK
Lancet 376:1147-54. 2010..We aimed to compare the efficacy and safety of cabazitaxel plus prednisone with those of mitoxantrone plus prednisone in men with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer with ..
- Immunohistochemical double-hit score is a strong predictor of outcome in patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma treated with rituximab plus cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine, and prednisoneTina Marie Green
Department of Pathology, Odense University Hospital, J B Winsløws Vej 15, DK 5000 Odense C, Denmark
J Clin Oncol 30:3460-7. 2012..DHLs are characterized by poor outcome. We tested whether DLBCLs with high expression of MYC protein and BCL2 protein share the clinical features and poor prognosis of DHLs...
- Concurrent expression of MYC and BCL2 in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma treated with rituximab plus cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine, and prednisoneNathalie A Johnson
British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
J Clin Oncol 30:3452-9. 2012..is curable in 60% of patients treated with rituximab plus cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine, and prednisone (R-CHOP)...
- Mepolizumab for prednisone-dependent asthma with sputum eosinophiliaParameswaran Nair
Firestone Institute for Respiratory Health, St Joseph s Healthcare and Department of Medicine, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada
N Engl J Med 360:985-93. 2009..We studied the prednisone-sparing effect of mepolizumab, a monoclonal antibody against interleukin-5, in a rare subgroup of patients who ..
- Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled phase III trial comparing docetaxel and prednisone with or without bevacizumab in men with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer: CALGB 90401William Kevin Kelly
Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Clin Oncol 30:1534-40. 2012..role of vascular endothelial growth factor in prostate cancer was performed to evaluate the addition of bevacizumab to standard docetaxel and prednisone therapy in patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC).
- Low-dose prednisone inclusion in a methotrexate-based, tight control strategy for early rheumatoid arthritis: a randomized trialMarije F Bakker
Department of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology and Julius Center for Health Sciences and Primary Care, University Medical Center Utrecht, and Diakonessenhuis, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Ann Intern Med 156:329-39. 2012..Treatment strategies for tight control of early rheumatoid arthritis (RA) are highly effective but can be improved...
- Aflibercept versus placebo in combination with docetaxel and prednisone for treatment of men with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (VENICE): a phase 3, double-blind randomised trialIan F Tannock
Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto, Canada
Lancet Oncol 14:760-8. 2013Docetaxel plus prednisone is standard first-line chemotherapy for men with metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer...
- Bortezomib-melphalan-prednisone-thalidomide followed by maintenance with bortezomib-thalidomide compared with bortezomib-melphalan-prednisone for initial treatment of multiple myeloma: a randomized controlled trialAntonio Palumbo
Myeloma Unit, Division of Hematology, University of Torino, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria A O U S Giovanni Battista, Torino, Italy
J Clin Oncol 28:5101-9. 2010The combination of bortezomib-melphalan-prednisone (VMP) is a new standard of care for newly diagnosed multiple myeloma...
- Phase II multicenter study of abiraterone acetate plus prednisone therapy in patients with docetaxel-treated castration-resistant prostate cancerDaniel C Danila
Department of Medicine, Joan and Sanford E Weill College of Medicine of Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:1496-501. 2010..This trial evaluated the efficacy and safety of AA in combination with prednisone to reduce the symptoms of secondary hyperaldosteronism that can occur with AA monotherapy.
- CHOP chemotherapy plus rituximab compared with CHOP alone in elderly patients with diffuse large-B-cell lymphomaBertrand Coiffier
Hospices Civils de Lyon and the Université Claude Bernard, Lyons, France
N Engl J Med 346:235-42. 2002..treatment for patients with diffuse large-B-cell lymphoma is cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine, and prednisone (CHOP)...
- Long-term results of the R-CHOP study in the treatment of elderly patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma: a study by the Groupe d'Etude des Lymphomes de l'AdulteP Feugier
Hematology Department, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Brabois, 54500 Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
J Clin Oncol 23:4117-26. 2005..of patients included in the Lymphome Non Hodgkinien study 98-5 (LNH98-5) comparing cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine, and prednisone (CHOP) to rituximab plus CHOP (R-CHOP) in elderly patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma.
- Chemotherapy with mitoxantrone plus prednisone or prednisone alone for symptomatic hormone-resistant prostate cancer: a Canadian randomized trial with palliative end pointsI F Tannock
Department of Medicine, Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, Canada
J Clin Oncol 14:1756-64. 1996..To investigate the benefit of chemotherapy in patients with symptomatic hormone-resistant prostate cancer using relevant end points of palliation in a randomized controlled trial...
- Effect of abiraterone acetate and prednisone compared with placebo and prednisone on pain control and skeletal-related events in patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer: exploratory analysis of data from the COU-AA-301 randomised triChristopher J Logothetis
University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Lancet Oncol 13:1210-7. 2012..events prospectively collected as part of the randomised, phase 3 COU-AA-301 trial of abiraterone acetate plus prednisone versus placebo plus prednisone in patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer after docetaxel ..
- Docetaxel plus prednisone or mitoxantrone plus prednisone for advanced prostate cancer: updated survival in the TAX 327 studyDominik R Berthold
FRCPC, Princess Margaret Hospital, 610 University Ave, Toronto, ON, M5G 2M9, Canada
J Clin Oncol 26:242-5. 2008..study compared docetaxel administered every 3 weeks (D3), weekly docetaxel (D1), and mitoxantrone (M), each with prednisone (P), in 1,006 men with metastatic hormone-resistant prostate cancer (HRPC)...
- Randomized placebo-controlled trial of prednisone for paradoxical tuberculosis-associated immune reconstitution inflammatory syndromeGraeme Meintjes
Institute of Infectious Diseases and Molecular Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South
AIDS 24:2381-90. 2010..We aimed to assess whether a 4-week course of prednisone would reduce morbidity in patients with paradoxical TB-IRIS without excess adverse events.
- Randomized, open-label phase III trial of docetaxel plus high-dose calcitriol versus docetaxel plus prednisone for patients with castration-resistant prostate cancerHoward I Scher
Sidney Kimmel Center for Prostate and Urologic Cancers, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Clin Oncol 29:2191-8. 2011To compare the efficacy and safety of docetaxel plus high-dose calcitriol (DN-101) to docetaxel plus prednisone in an open-label phase III trial.
- Up-front autologous stem-cell transplantation in peripheral T-cell lymphoma: NLG-T-01Francesco D'Amore
Dept Hematology, Aarhus University Hospital, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
J Clin Oncol 30:3093-9. 2012..This is the final report, with a 5-year median follow-up, of the NLG-T-01 study...
- CHOP-like chemotherapy plus rituximab versus CHOP-like chemotherapy alone in young patients with good-prognosis diffuse large-B-cell lymphoma: a randomised controlled trial by the MabThera International Trial (MInT) GroupMichael Pfreundschuh
University Clinic of Saarland, Homburg, Germany
Lancet Oncol 7:379-91. 2006The role of rituximab in combination with different CHOP (cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine, and prednisone)-like chemotherapy regimens in young patients with good-prognosis diffuse large-B-cell lymphoma remains to be defined...
- Mycophenolate mofetil or intravenous cyclophosphamide for lupus nephritisEllen M Ginzler
Division of Rheumatology, State University of New York Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY 11203, USA
N Engl J Med 353:2219-28. 2005..Since anecdotal series and small, prospective, controlled trials suggest that mycophenolate mofetil may be effective for treating lupus nephritis, larger trials are desirable...
- Phase III study of R-CVP compared with cyclophosphamide, vincristine, and prednisone alone in patients with previously untreated advanced follicular lymphomaRobert Marcus
Department of Haematology, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, UK
J Clin Oncol 26:4579-86. 2008..untreated follicular lymphoma (FL) needing therapy, after treatment with cyclophosphamide, vincristine and prednisone (CVP) versus CVP plus rituximab (R-CVP) and to evaluate the predictive value of known prognostic factors after ..
- Bortezomib, melphalan, and prednisone versus bortezomib, thalidomide, and prednisone as induction therapy followed by maintenance treatment with bortezomib and thalidomide versus bortezomib and prednisone in elderly patients with untreated multiple myelomMaria Victoria Mateos
University Hospital of Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain
Lancet Oncol 11:934-41. 2010Bortezomib plus melphalan and prednisone (VMP) is significantly better than melphalan plus prednisone alone for elderly patients with untreated multiple myeloma; however, toxic effects are high...
- Prognostic significance of MYC, BCL2, and BCL6 rearrangements in patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma treated with cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine, and prednisone plus rituximabNalan Akyurek
Department of Pathology, Medical Faculty, Gazi University, Ankara, Turkey
Cancer 118:4173-83. 2012..The aim of this study was to investigate the frequency and prognostic impact of BCL2, BCL6, and MYC rearrangements in cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine, and prednisone plus rituximab (R-CHOP)-treated DLBCL cases.
- Randomized phase II trial of docetaxel plus prednisone in combination with placebo or AT-101, an oral small molecule Bcl-2 family antagonist, as first-line therapy for metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancerG Sonpavde
Texas Oncology and US Oncology Research, Houston, TX, USA
Ann Oncol 23:1803-8. 2012..molecule oral inhibitor of the Bcl-2 family, has activity alone and in combination with docetaxel (Taxotere) and prednisone (DP) in metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC)...
- Azathioprine and prednisone combination therapy in refractory coeliac diseaseM S Goerres
Department of Gastroenterology, Rijnstate Hospital, Arnhem, The Netherlands
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 18:487-94. 2003....
- Intermittent prednisone therapy in Duchenne muscular dystrophy: a randomized controlled trialErnesto A C Beenakker
Department of Neurology, University Hospital Groningen, Hanzeplein 1, 9700 RB Groningen, The Netherlands
Arch Neurol 62:128-32. 2005b>Prednisone treatment is used to prolong ambulation in patients with Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD)...
- NOTCH1 and/or FBXW7 mutations predict for initial good prednisone response but not for improved outcome in pediatric T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia patients treated on DCOG or COALL protocolsL Zuurbier
Department of Pediatric Oncology Hematology, Sophia Children s Hospital, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Leukemia 24:2014-22. 2010..Mutations were associated with a good initial in vivo prednisone response, but were not associated with a superior outcome in the DCOG and COALL cohorts...
- Randomized phase II study of docetaxel and prednisone with or without OGX-011 in patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancerKim N Chi
British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
J Clin Oncol 28:4247-54. 2010To determine the clinical activity of OGX-011, an antisense inhibitor of clusterin, in combination with docetaxel/prednisone in patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer.
- A new immunostain algorithm classifies diffuse large B-cell lymphoma into molecular subtypes with high accuracyWilliam W L Choi
Department of Pathology and Microbiology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68198 3135, USA
Clin Cancer Res 15:5494-502. 2009..Since then, new antibodies specific to germinal center B-cells have been developed, which might improve the performance of an immunostain algorithm...
- Treatment and prognosis of mature T-cell and NK-cell lymphoma: an analysis of patients with T-cell lymphoma treated in studies of the German High-Grade Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Study GroupNorbert Schmitz
Department of Hematology, Oncology and Stem Cell Transplantation, Asklepios Hospital St Georg, Hamburg, Germany
Blood 116:3418-25. 2010..Treatment consisted of 6-8 courses of CHOP (cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine, prednisone/prednisolone) or etoposide plus (CHOEP). Three-year event-free survival (EFS) and overall survival were 75...
- Phase II trial of bevacizumab, thalidomide, docetaxel, and prednisone in patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancerYang Min Ning
PharmD, Bldg 10 Rm 5A01, 10 Center Dr, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:2070-6. 2010..with progressive metastatic CRPC received intravenous docetaxel and bevacizumab plus oral thalidomide and prednisone. The primary end point was a prostate-specific antigen (PSA) decline of > or = 50%...
- Melphalan, prednisone, and lenalidomide treatment for newly diagnosed myeloma: a report from the GIMEMA--Italian Multiple Myeloma NetworkAntonio Palumbo
Divisione di Ematologia dell Universita di Torino, Azienda Ospedaliera S Giovanni Battista, Torino, Italy
J Clin Oncol 25:4459-65. 2007Lenalidomide has shown significant antimyeloma activity in clinical studies. Oral melphalan, prednisone, and thalidomide have been regarded as the standard of care in elderly multiple myeloma patients...
- Efficacy of modified-release versus standard prednisone to reduce duration of morning stiffness of the joints in rheumatoid arthritis (CAPRA-1): a double-blind, randomised controlled trialFrank Buttgereit
Department of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, Charite University Medicine, Berlin, Germany
Lancet 371:205-14. 2008..We aimed to assess the efficacy and safety of a new modified-release prednisone tablet compared with immediate-release prednisone in patients with this disease.
- Bortezomib plus melphalan and prednisone for initial treatment of multiple myelomaJesus F San Miguel
Hospital Universitario Salamanca, CIC, IBMCC USAL CSIC, Salamanca, Spain
N Engl J Med 359:906-17. 2008..treatment for patients with multiple myeloma who are not candidates for high-dose therapy is melphalan and prednisone. This phase 3 study compared the use of melphalan and prednisone with or without bortezomib in previously ..
- Superior outcomes associated with complete response in newly diagnosed multiple myeloma patients treated with nonintensive therapy: analysis of the phase 3 VISTA study of bortezomib plus melphalan-prednisone versus melphalan-prednisoneJean Luc Harousseau
Centre Rene Gauducheau, Nantes St Herblain, France
Blood 116:3743-50. 2010The phase 3 Velcade as Initial Standard Therapy in Multiple Myeloma: Assessment with Melphalan and Prednisone study in newly diagnosed multiple myeloma patients ineligible for high-dose therapy demonstrated that bortezomib-melphalan-..
- Hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal axis function in patients with rheumatoid arthritis treated with nighttime-release prednisoneRieke Alten
Department of Internal Medicine II, Rheumatology, Clinical Immunology, Schlosspark Klinik, Teaching Hospital, Charite University Medicine, Berlin, Germany
J Rheumatol 37:2025-31. 2010To investigate the effects of longterm low-dose chronotherapy with modified-release (MR) prednisone for rheumatoid arthritis (RA) on the hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis as part of the Circadian Administration of Prednisone in ..
- Targeting pathophysiological rhythms: prednisone chronotherapy shows sustained efficacy in rheumatoid arthritisFrank Buttgereit
Department of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Chariteplatz 1, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Ann Rheum Dis 69:1275-80. 2010This 9-month open-label extension of the Circadian Administration of Prednisone in Rheumatoid Arthritis Study (CAPRA 1) investigated the long-term safety and efficacy of prednisone chronotherapy with a novel modified-release (MR) ..
- Phase III study of the value of thalidomide added to melphalan plus prednisone in elderly patients with newly diagnosed multiple myeloma: the HOVON 49 StudyPierre Wijermans
Haga Hospital, Leyweg 275, The Hague, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 28:3160-6. 2010For several decades, the treatment of elderly patients with multiple myeloma (MM) has consisted of melphalan and prednisone (MP)...
- Early disease control by low-dose prednisone comedication may affect the quality of remission in patients with early rheumatoid arthritisMonica Todoerti
Division of Rheumatology, University of Pavia, IRCCS S Matteo Foundation, Piazzale Golgi, Pavia, Italy
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1193:139-45. 2010In order to identify rate and stability of remission induced by low-dose prednisone comedication in early rheumatoid arthritis (RA), we evaluated patients with early RA (<1 year) who were randomized to receive (P) or not (non-P) low-..
- Pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamic, and pharmacogenetic determinants of osteonecrosis in children with acute lymphoblastic leukemiaJitesh D Kawedia
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, 262 Danny Thomas Place, Memphis, TN 38105 2794, USA
Blood 117:2340-7; quiz 2556. 2011..Overall, older age, lower albumin, higher lipid levels, and dexamethasone exposure were associated with osteonecrosis and may be linked by inherited genomic variation...
- Lenalidomide, melphalan, and prednisone, followed by lenalidomide maintenance, improves health-related quality of life in newly diagnosed multiple myeloma patients aged 65 years or older: results of a randomized phase III trialMeletios A Dimopoulos
University of Athens School of Medicine, Alexandra Hospital, Athens, Greece
Haematologica 98:784-8. 2013..myeloma aged 65 years or over were randomized 1:1:1 to nine 4-week cycles of lenalidomide, melphalan, and prednisone, followed by lenalidomide maintenance; or lenalidomide, melphalan, and prednisone, or melphalan and prednisone, ..
- A prospective, randomized, placebo-controlled trial of prednisone and allopurinol in the prevention of ERCP-induced pancreatitisA Budzynska
Dept of Gastroenterology, Silesian Medical Academy, Katowice, Poland
Endoscopy 33:766-72. 2001..The aim of this prospective study was to determine the effect of prophylactic oral corticosteroids and allopurinol on the incidence and severity of procedure-induced pancreatitis...
- Phase II study of melphalan, thalidomide and prednisone combined with oral panobinostat in patients with relapsed/refractory multiple myelomaMassimo Offidani
Clinica di Ematologia, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria Ospedali Riuniti, Ancona, Italy
Leuk Lymphoma 53:1722-7. 2012The combination of melphalan, prednisone and thalidomide (MPT) has demonstrated efficacy and acceptable toxicity in newly diagnosed and relapsed/refractory patients with multiple myeloma (MM)...
- Prednisone prevents inducible atrial flutter in the canine sterile pericarditis modelRobert N Goldstein
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, University Hospitals of Cleveland, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 19:74-81. 2008..We tested the hypothesis that suppression of the inflammatory response with steroids would significantly modify the inducibility of postoperative AF/AFL in the canine sterile pericarditis model...
- Phase I/II trial of metronomic chemotherapy with daily dalteparin and cyclophosphamide, twice-weekly methotrexate, and daily prednisone as therapy for metastatic breast cancer using vascular endothelial growth factor and soluble vascular endothelial growtNan Soon Wong
Sunnybrook Odette Cancer Centre, Ontario Clinical Oncology Group, University of Toronto, 2075 Bayview Ave, Toronto M4N3M5, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Oncol 28:723-30. 2010..We designed a phase I/II study to evaluate the safety and activity of adding dalteparin and prednisone to metronomic cyclophosphamide and methotrexate in women with measurable metastatic breast cancer (MBC)...
- Lenalidomide, melphalan, prednisone and thalidomide (RMPT) for relapsed/refractory multiple myelomaA Palumbo
Divisione di Ematologia dell Universita di Torino, AOU S Giovanni Battista, Turin, Italy
Leukemia 24:1037-42. 2010..phase II trial evaluated the safety and efficacy of salvage therapy with lenalidomide, melphalan, prednisone and thalidomide (RMPT) in patients with relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma (MM)...
- Prednisone, lupus activity, and permanent organ damageMae Thamer
Medical Technology and Practice Patterns Institute, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
J Rheumatol 36:560-4. 2009To estimate the effect of corticosteroids (prednisone dose) on permanent organ damage among persons with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE).
- MACOP-B regimen in the treatment of adult Langerhans cell histiocytosis: experience on seven patientsE Derenzini
Department of Haematology and Medical Oncology, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Ann Oncol 21:1173-8. 2010Adult Langerhans cell histiocytosis (LCH) is a rare disease. The combination of vinblastine and prednisone, given in a 6-month course, is the standard of care but prospective randomized trials are lacking.
- Therapies for peripheral T-cell lymphomasKerry J Savage
BC Cancer Agency, Vancouver, BC
Hematology Am Soc Hematol Educ Program 2011:515-24. 2011..The standard therapy for PTCLs is CHOP (cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine, and prednisone) or a comparable CHOP-like regimen that incorporates anthracyclines...
- Rituximab maintenance treatment of relapsed/resistant follicular non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: long-term outcome of the EORTC 20981 phase III randomized intergroup studyMarinus H J van Oers
Department of Hematology, F4 224, Academic Medical Center, Meibergdreef 9, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 28:2853-8. 2010..At that time, the median follow-up for the maintenance phase was 33 months. Now, we report the long-term outcome of maintenance treatment, with a median follow-up of 6 years...
- Comparison of oral prednisone and topical fluticasone in the treatment of eosinophilic esophagitis: a randomized trial in childrenElizabeth T Schaefer
Indiana University School of Medicine, James Whitcomb Riley Hospital for Children, Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 6:165-73. 2008..We conducted a prospective randomized trial comparing oral prednisone (P) and swallowed fluticasone (F) for histologic and clinical response.
- The revised International Prognostic Index (R-IPI) is a better predictor of outcome than the standard IPI for patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma treated with R-CHOPLaurie H Sehn
Division of Medical Oncology, British Columbia Cancer Agency and the University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Blood 109:1857-61. 2007..In the era of R-CHOP treatment, the R-IPI is a clinically useful prognostic index that may help guide treatment planning and interpretation of clinical trials...
- Outpatient oral prednisone after emergency treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseShawn D Aaron
Department of Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ont, Canada
N Engl J Med 348:2618-25. 2003In this randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial, we studied the effectiveness of prednisone in reducing the risk of relapse after outpatient exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Improving outcomes for patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphomaChristopher R Flowers
Bone Marrow and Stem Cell Transplantation, Department of Hematology and Oncology, Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
CA Cancer J Clin 60:393-408. 2010..but it can be cured with combination chemotherapy regimens like cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine, and prednisone (CHOP), which has been the mainstay of therapy for several decades...
- Immunoblastic morphology but not the immunohistochemical GCB/nonGCB classifier predicts outcome in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma in the RICOVER-60 trial of the DSHNHLGerman Ott
Institute of Pathology, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
Blood 116:4916-25. 2010....
- Prednisone prevents atrial fibrillation promotion by atrial tachycardia remodeling in dogsAkiko Shiroshita-Takeshita
Department of Medicine and Research Center, Montreal Heart Institute and University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Cardiovasc Res 69:865-75. 2006..This study evaluated the efficacy of anti-inflammatory and calcineurin-inhibitory drugs on promotion of atrial fibrillation by atrial tachycardia-induced remodeling in dogs...
- Prophylactic treatment of episodic cluster headache with intravenous bolus of methylprednisoloneP Mir
Department of Neurology, University Hospital Virgen del Rocio, Avda Manuel Siurot s n, 41013 Seville, Spain
Neurol Sci 24:318-21. 2003We evaluated the efficacy of intravenous boluses of methylprednisolone followed by prednisone as a prophylactic treatment for episodic cluster headache. Fourteen male patients (mean age, 42...
- Treatment for rheumatoid arthritis and the risk of hospitalization for pneumonia: associations with prednisone, disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs, and anti-tumor necrosis factor therapyFrederick Wolfe
National Data Bank for Rheumatic Diseases and University of Kansas School of Medicine, Wichita, Kansas 67214, USA
Arthritis Rheum 54:628-34. 2006..This study was undertaken to determine the rate and predictors of hospitalization for pneumonia and the extent to which specific RA treatments increase pneumonia risk...
- Clinical, biologic, and pathologic features in 157 patients with angioimmunoblastic T-cell lymphoma treated within the Groupe d'Etude des Lymphomes de l'Adulte (GELA) trialsNathalie Mourad
INSERM U728, Paris, France
Blood 111:4463-70. 2008..One hundred forty-seven patients received a cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine, and prednisone (CHOP)-like regimen with intensified courses in half of them...
- Efficacy of melphalan and prednisone plus thalidomide in patients older than 75 years with newly diagnosed multiple myeloma: IFM 01/01 trialCyrille Hulin
Service d Hematologie, rue du Morvan, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Nancy Brabois, 54511 Vandoeuvre, France
J Clin Oncol 27:3664-70. 2009Until recently, melphalan and prednisone were the standards of care in elderly patients with multiple myeloma. The addition of thalidomide to this combination demonstrated a survival benefit for patients age 65 to 75 years...
- Activating NOTCH1 mutations predict favorable early treatment response and long-term outcome in childhood precursor T-cell lymphoblastic leukemiaStephen Breit
Department of Pediatric Oncology, Hematology and Immunology, University of Heidelberg, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Blood 108:1151-7. 2006..0%). The presence of NOTCH1 mutations was significantly correlated with a good prednisone response and favorable minimal residual disease (MRD) kinetics, which was independent from sex, age, white blood ..
- Maintenance therapy with alternate-day prednisone improves survival in multiple myeloma patientsJames R Berenson
Cedars Sinai Medical Center and the Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California Los Angeles, USA
Blood 99:3163-8. 2002..We compared alternate-day, oral prednisone at 2 different dose levels (10 mg versus 50 mg) for remission maintenance among previously untreated myeloma ..
- Randomized, controlled trial of prednisone, cyclophosphamide, and cyclosporine in lupus membranous nephropathyHoward A Austin
Kidney Disease Section, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Building 10, CRC 5 2551, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1455, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 20:901-11. 2009..with LMN participated in a randomized, controlled trial to compare adjunctive immunosuppressive drugs with prednisone alone...
- Bone density threshold and other predictors of vertebral fracture in patients receiving oral glucocorticoid therapyT P Van Staa
University of Southampton, Southampton, UK
Arthritis Rheum 48:3224-9. 2003..To evaluate predictors of vertebral fractures, including a threshold for bone mineral density (BMD), in patients receiving oral glucocorticoids (GCs)...
- Randomized, blinded trial of weekend vs daily prednisone in Duchenne muscular dystrophyD M Escolar
Children s National Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
Neurology 77:444-52. 2011To perform a double-blind, randomized study comparing efficacy and safety of daily and weekend prednisone in boys with Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD).
- International working group for myelofibrosis research and treatment response assessment and long-term follow-up of 50 myelofibrosis patients treated with thalidomide-prednisone based regimensPrakash Thapaliya
Division of Hematology Oncology, Mayo Clinic Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
Am J Hematol 86:96-8. 2011We have previously reported the benefits of combination therapy with thalidomide and prednisone for the improvement of cytopenias and splenomegaly for patients with myelofibrosis (MF); both primary and those arising from an antecedent ..
- Chronotherapy with modified-release prednisone in patients with rheumatoid arthritisRieke Alten
Department of Internal Medicine II, Rheumatology, Clinical Immunology and Osteology, Schlosspark Klinik Teaching Hospital Charité University Medicine Berlin, Heubnerweg 2, 14059 Berlin, Germany
Expert Rev Clin Immunol 8:123-33. 2012..A glucocorticoid formulation (modified-release prednisone) has been developed to be taken in accordance with biological rhythms (chronotherapy)...
- Association of rash with outcomes in a randomized phase II trial evaluating cetuximab in combination with mitoxantrone plus prednisone after docetaxel for metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancerMark T Fleming
US Oncology Research, McKesson Specialty Health, The Woodlands, TX, USA
Clin Genitourin Cancer 10:6-14. 2012..The efficacy of combining cetuximab with mitoxantrone (M) plus prednisone (MP) was evaluated in progressive metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC) after receiving docetaxel.
- The prognostic value of immunohistochemical subtyping in Chinese patients with de novo diffuse large B-cell lymphoma undergoing CHOP or R-CHOP treatmentZu Guang Xia
Shanghai Institute of Hematology, State Key Laboratory of Medical Genomics, Ruijin Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
Ann Hematol 89:171-7. 2010..Furthermore, the use of rituximab alongside classical chemotherapy regimens can improve the outcomes for DLBCL patients who exhibit both GCB and non-GCB subtypes of the disease...
- Prednisone affects inflammation, glucose tolerance, and bone turnover within hours of treatment in healthy individualsEunkyung Kauh
Merck Sharp and Dohme Corp, Whitehouse Station, New Jersey 08889, USA
Eur J Endocrinol 166:459-67. 2012..This study examined, in the same individuals, prednisone's acute, dose-dependent effects on inflammation as well as biomarkers of glucose regulation and bone homeostasis.
- Prednisone 10 days on/10 days off in patients with Duchenne muscular dystrophyChiara S M Straathof
Department of Neurology, Leiden University Medical Centre, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Neurol 256:768-73. 2009..We retrospectively analyzed data of 35 DMD patients who were treated with prednisone 0.75 mg/kg per day intermittently 10 days on/10 days off...
- Lenalidomide and prednisone for myelofibrosis: Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) phase 2 trial E4903Ruben A Mesa
Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ, USA
Blood 116:4436-8. 2010A multicenter Eastern Cooperative Group (ECOG) phase 2 trial assessed whether adding prednisone to lenalidomide would improve previously reported responses in persons with myelofibrosis (MF)...
- Burkitt post-transplantation lymphoma in adult solid organ transplant recipients: sequential immunochemotherapy with rituximab (R) followed by cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine, and prednisone (CHOP) or R-CHOP is safe and effective in an analysisHeiner Zimmermann
Department of Internal Medicine II, University Medical Center Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel, Kiel, Germany
Cancer 118:4715-24. 2012..In PTLD, however, such protocols are associated with considerable toxicity and mortality...
- Comparison of oral prednisone and prednisone combined with metronidazole for induction therapy of canine inflammatory bowel disease: a randomized-controlled trialA E Jergens
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50010, USA
J Vet Intern Med 24:269-77. 2010Although prednisone and metronidazole are commonly used to treat canine inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), no randomized-controlled trials have been performed.
- Effects of prednisone on biomarkers of tubular damage induced by radiocontrast in interventional cardiologyFlavio Ribichini
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
J Nephrol 26:586-93. 2013..Despite the severe clinical impact of these complications, there is no optimal therapy for preventing and treating them. We suggest a short course of high-dose steroids as an effective preventive measure...
- Oral melphalan, prednisone, and thalidomide in elderly patients with multiple myeloma: updated results of a randomized controlled trialAntonio Palumbo
Divisione di Ematologia dell Universita di Torino, Azienda Ospedaliera S Giovanni Battista, Torino, Italy
Blood 112:3107-14. 2008The initial analysis of the oral combination melphalan, prednisone, and thalidomide (MPT) in newly diagnosed patients with myeloma showed significantly higher response rate and longer progression-free survival (PFS) than did the standard ..
- Abiraterone acetate plus prednisone versus prednisone alone in chemotherapy-naive men with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer: patient-reported outcome results of a randomised phase 3 trialEthan Basch
Department of Medicine, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC, USA Electronic address
Lancet Oncol 14:1193-9. 2013Abiraterone acetate plus prednisone significantly improves radiographic progression-free survival in asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic, chemotherapy-naive patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer compared with ..
- Low-dose oral prednisone improves clinical and ultrasonographic remission rates in early rheumatoid arthritis: results of a 12-month open-label randomised studyCarlomaurizio Montecucco
Division of Rheumatology, IRCCS Policlinico S, Matteo Foundation, University of Pavia, Piazzale Golgi 2, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Arthritis Res Ther 14:R112. 2012In early rheumatoid arthritis (RA), low-dose oral prednisone (PDN) co-medication yields better clinical results than monotherapy with disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs (DMARDs)...
- Dexamethasone versus prednisone for induction therapy in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia: a systematic review and meta-analysisO Teuffel
Division of Haematology Oncology, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Leukemia 25:1232-8. 2011This systematic review and meta-analysis compared the efficacy and toxicity of dexamethasone (DEX) versus prednisone (PRED) for induction therapy in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL)...
- The administration of low doses of rituximab followed by hydroxychloroquine, prednisone and low doses of mycophenolate mofetil is an effective therapy in Latin American patients with active systemic lupus erythematosusClaudio Galarza-Maldonado
Unidad de Enfermedades Reumáticas y Autoinmunes UNERA, Hospital Monte Sinai, Cuenca, Ecuador
Autoimmun Rev 10:108-11. 2010..In this context, the access to treatments recommended internationally are expensive and limited; therefore, research of methods that make these treatments cheaper is of paramount importance...
- Budesonide induces remission more effectively than prednisone in a controlled trial of patients with autoimmune hepatitisMichael P Manns
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Endocrinology, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Gastroenterology 139:1198-206. 2010..We compared the effects of budesonide (a steroid that is rapidly metabolized, with low systemic exposure) and prednisone, both in combination with azathioprine.
- Differences in long-term disease activity and treatment of adult patients with childhood- and adult-onset systemic lupus erythematosusAimee O Hersh
University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Arthritis Rheum 61:13-20. 2009..To compare differences in long-term outcome between adults with childhood-onset (age at diagnosis <18 years) systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and with adult-onset SLE...
- Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome-related lymphoma: simultaneous treatment with combined cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine, and prednisone chemotherapy and highly active antiretroviral therapy is safe and improves survival--results of the GermanRudolf Weiss
Private Practice for Hematology, Oncology and Infectious Diseases, Bremen, Germany
Cancer 106:1560-8. 2006..Group investigated whether HAART administered concomitantly with cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine, and prednisone (CHOP) chemotherapy compromised the course of immune parameters during and after chemotherapy and exerted a ..
- Functional and molecular effects of arginine butyrate and prednisone on muscle and heart in the mdx mouse model of Duchenne Muscular DystrophyAlfredo D Guerron
Center for Genetic Medicine Research, Children s National Medical Center, Department of Integrative Systems Biology, George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Washington, DC, USA
PLoS ONE 5:e11220. 2010..One of the proposed strategies is to use drugs that are known to act by multiple different mechanisms including inducing of homologous fetal form of adult genes, for example utrophin in place of dystrophin...
- Debio-025 is more effective than prednisone in reducing muscular pathology in mdx miceErin R Wissing
Department of Pediatrics, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, 240 Albert Sabin Way, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Neuromuscul Disord 20:753-60. 2010Muscular dystrophy results in the progressive wasting and necrosis of skeletal muscle. Glucocorticoids such as prednisone have emerged as a front-line treatment for many forms of this disease...
- Corticosteroid treatment retards development of ventricular dysfunction in Duchenne muscular dystrophyLarry W Markham
Monroe Carell, Jr Children s Hospital Vanderbilt University, Division of Pediatric Cardiology, 2200 Children s Way, Suite 5230, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Neuromuscul Disord 18:365-70. 2008..16 95% CI 0.04, 0.70). We demonstrate here that steroid treatment, begun prior to ventricular dysfunction retards the anticipated development of ventricular dysfunction...
- Addition of thalidomide to oral melphalan/prednisone in patients with multiple myeloma not eligible for transplantation: results of a randomized trial from the Turkish Myeloma Study GroupMeral Beksac
Department of Hematology, Faculty of Medicine, Ankara University, Ankara, Turkey
Eur J Haematol 86:16-22. 2011The combination of melphalan-prednisone-thalidomide (MPT) has been investigated in several clinical studies that differed significantly with regard to patient characteristics and treatment schedules...
- Positive effect of alendronate on bone mineral density and markers of bone turnover in patients with rheumatoid arthritis on chronic treatment with low-dose prednisone: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialW F Lems
VU University Medical Centre, Department of Rheumatology, 4A 42, P O Box 7057, 1007 MB, and Slotervaart Hospital, Department of Rheumatology, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Osteoporos Int 17:716-23. 2006..Alendronate has been described to have a bone-sparing effect in patients treated with moderate and high dosages of prednisone for heterogeneous diseases, however no data are available on groups of patients with the same underlying ..
- A phase I trial of UCN-01 and prednisone in patients with refractory solid tumors and lymphomasShivaani Kummar
Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 65:383-9. 2010..We designed a phase I study to determine the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) of UCN-01 with prednisone in patients with advanced malignancies.
- Sunitinib in combination with docetaxel and prednisone in chemotherapy-naive patients with metastatic, castration-resistant prostate cancer: a phase 1/2 clinical trialA J Zurita
Department of Genitourinary Medical Oncology, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, 77030 4009, USA
Ann Oncol 23:688-94. 2012This phase 1/2 study assessed sunitinib combined with docetaxel (Taxotere) and prednisone in chemotherapy-naive metastatic, castration-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC) patients.
- Effect of novel therapeutic glucocorticoids on circadian rhythms of hormones and cytokines in rheumatoid arthritisJohn R Kirwan
University of Bristol Academic Rheumatology Unit, Bristol Royal Infirmary, Bristol, UK
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1193:127-33. 2010..Using a formulation that releases prednisone at 2 am (after ingestion at 10 pm), we studied the circadian dynamics of serum IL-6, other cytokines, and ..
- Prognostic impact of immunohistochemical biomarkers in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma in the rituximab eraRitsuko Seki
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Kurume University School of Medicine, Kurume, Japan
Cancer Sci 100:1842-7. 2009..001) and also in the R-CHOP group (P < 0.001). Results of improved survival with rituximab addition indicate that the relevance of previously recognized prognostic factors should be re-evaluated...
- Rituximab regulates signaling pathways and alters gene expression associated with cell death and survival in diffuse large B-cell lymphomaSatu Koivula
Department of Oncology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Oncol Rep 25:1183-90. 2011..Together, the results provide an advanced picture of the CD20 mediated signaling of DLBCL cells and may provide new targets in future treatment protocols...
- Multinational, double-blind, phase III study of prednisone and either satraplatin or placebo in patients with castrate-refractory prostate cancer progressing after prior chemotherapy: the SPARC trialCora N Sternberg
San Camillo and Forlanini Hospitals, Rome, Italy
J Clin Oncol 27:5431-8. 2009....
- Evaluating the value of number of cycles of docetaxel and prednisone in men with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancerGregory R Pond
Department of Oncology, McMaster University and Ontario Clinical Oncology Group, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Eur Urol 61:363-9. 2012The optimal number of 3-wk docetaxel plus prednisone (DP) cycles for metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC) is unclear.
- Successful treatment of adult onset Langerhans cell histiocytosis with multi-drug combination therapyEri Matsuki
Division of Hematology, Department of Internal Medicine, Keio University School of Medicine, Japan
Intern Med 50:909-14. 2011..two cases of adult onset LCH, which obtained a durable disease control by combination chemotherapy using prednisone, vinblastine and 6-mercaptopurine...
- Practicability and acute haematological toxicity of 2- and 3-weekly CHOP and CHOEP chemotherapy for aggressive non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: results from the NHL-B trial of the German High-Grade Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma Study Group (DSHNHL)A Wunderlich
Institute for Medical Informatics, Statistics and Epidemiology, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
Ann Oncol 14:881-93. 2003..variants of the classical 3-weekly CHOP-21 chemotherapy [cyclophosphamide (C), doxorubicin (H), vincristine (O), prednisone (P)] may improve treatment outcome in aggressive lymphoma...
- Lenalidomide plus dexamethasone vs. lenalidomide plus melphalan and prednisone: a retrospective study in newly diagnosed elderly myelomaFrancesca Gay
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN, USA
Eur J Haematol 85:200-8. 2010The goal of this retrospective study was to compare the efficacy and toxicity of lenalidomide-dexamethasone (len/dex) vs. melphalan-prednisone-lenalidomide (MPR) as upfront therapy for newly diagnosed elderly patients with myeloma.
- Predicting survival for diffuse large B-cell lymphoma patients using baseline neutrophil/lymphocyte ratioLuis F Porrata
Division of Hematology Department of Medicine, Mayo College of Medicine, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Am J Hematol 85:896-9. 2010..This study suggests that baseline N/L ratio at diagnosis is a simple, inexpensive,standardized prognostic factor to assess clinical outcomes in DLBCL patients treated with R-CHOP...
- Combination therapy of prednisone and ACE inhibitor versus ACE-inhibitor therapy alone in patients with IgA nephropathy: a randomized controlled trialJicheng Lv
Renal Division, Department of Medicine, Peking University First Hospital, Institute of Nephrology, Peking University, No 8 Xishiku Street, Xicheng District, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Am J Kidney Dis 53:26-32. 2009..In this study, we aim to investigate whether the addition of steroids to ACE-inhibitor therapy produces a more potent antiproteinuric effect and better protection of kidney function than an ACE inhibitor alone...
- Bell's Palsy-Randomized Clinical TrialJohn Neely; Fiscal Year: 2007..Intuition has led to the use of anti-inflammatories, principally oral prednisone, in combination with an oral antiviral, such as acyclovir or its pro-drug, valacyclovir...
- STATISITICAL DESIGN, MONITORING &COORD. OF VISION CLINICAL TRIALS &EPIDEMIOLOGYKeri Hammel; Fiscal Year: 2013..During the study, participants will also have their dose of prednisone or other steroid medication reduced...
- STATISITICAL DESIGN, MONITORING &COORD. OF VISION CLINICAL TRIALS &EPIDEMIOLOGYKeri Hammel; Fiscal Year: 2012..During the study, participants will also have their dose of prednisone or other steroid medication reduced...
- Understanding/ Treating Neuropsychiatric Symptoms of Pediatric Physical IllnessEva Szigethy; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Serpin Modulation of Inflammatory Vasculitis; Potential for Immunomodulatory TherALEXANDRA ROSE LUCAS; Fiscal Year: 2010..Once diagnosed, the IVS are considered medical emergencies. Current treatment is limited to ASA and prednisone and long-term steroid treatment is associated with significant adverse events in up to 60% of patients...
- Cardiotrophin-Like Cytokine 1, a Candidate Molecule for the FSGS FactorVirginia J Savin; Fiscal Year: 2010..In many cases, nephrotic syndrome can be treated effectively with the use of artificial steroid hormones such as prednisone. In some patients with nephrotic syndrome that does not respond to treatment, microscopic examination of kidney ..
- Steroid Responsive Mechanisms in the EarDENNIS ROYAL TRUNE; Fiscal Year: 2012Project Summary Glucocorticoids (prednisone, methlyprednisolone, dexamethasone) have been employed for decades for control of hearing loss...
- Reversing Corticosteroid-Induced Memory ImpairmentE Sherwood Brown; Fiscal Year: 2013..g., prednisone) therapy as a model system to explore the effects of cortisol elevations on the human brain...
- Dysfunctional PGC-1alpha expression in skeletal muscle during diabetesS Russ Price; Fiscal Year: 2013..effects of chronic diseases while others are challenged to maintain their muscle mass due to maintenance prednisone therapy. Use of Cn inhibitors could have a negative impact on both types of patients...
- CD8+ T Cell Immunity to CytomegalovirusStanley R Riddell; Fiscal Year: 2013..gene respond to and prevent progression of CMV infection in non-human primates that are immunosuppressed with prednisone. PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: Cytomegalovirus infection is a major cause of morbidity and mortality in patients who ..
- Surveillance and Epidemiologic Research of Duchenne and Becker Muscular DystrophyCHARLOTTE MARIE DRUSCHEL; Fiscal Year: 2010..if and how various factors such as genetic counseling and changes in management/treatment of DBMD, particularly prednisone therapy, are influencing prevalence and long-term outcome...
- Phase II Trial of methotrexate in myasthenia gravis FDA IND#:101,306 01/06/2008Richard J Barohn; Fiscal Year: 2012..The estimated prevalence is 20/100,000. There are approximately 60,000 persons with MG in the United States. Prednisone is the most commonly used corticosteroid for MG and produces significant clinical improvement...
- Pro-inflammatory glucocorticoid effects in the CNSRobert M Sapolsky; Fiscal Year: 2010..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: Glucocorticoids (GCs, including synthetic corticosteroids such as hydrocortisone or prednisone) are anti-inflammatory, and are widely used to decrease the damaging inflammation that occurs after brain injury...
- 1H NMR STUDIES OF NON-HODGKINS LYMPHOMAJerry D Glickson; Fiscal Year: 2012..relevant therapies including: combination chemotherapy with Cyclophosphamide, Hydroxydoxorubicin, Oncovin and Prednisone (CHOP), CHOP plus Bryostatin 1 (CHOPB), Rituximab alone, Rituximab plus CHOP and radiation therapy...
- Attenuation of Corticosteroid-Induced Hippocampal ChangesE Sherwood Brown; Fiscal Year: 2013..g., prednisone) therapy as a model system to explore the effects of cortisol elevations on the human brain...
- GLUCOCORTICOSTEROID ACTION IN INFLAMMATORY DISEASERobert P Schleimer; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will test these hypotheses in a clinical study of the influence of oral prednisone on CRS in human subjects combined with in vitro model systems...
- Oxidant Stress: Is it a biomarker of disease progression and response to therapyJesse Roman; Fiscal Year: 2010..This trial, the Panther Trial, will include three treatment arms: 1) placebo, 2) prednisone + azathioprine + NAC, and 3) NAC alone...
- Icariin to Prevent Corticosteroid-Related Memory ChangesE Sherwood Brown; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our group has a research program using patients in medical settings receiving prescription corticosteroid (e.g. prednisone) therapy or healthy controls receiving brief corticosteroid exposures in a laboratory paradigm as models to ..
- Anti-inflammatory and Mitotic Properties of Non-hormonal Steroids in Lung EpithelERICA REEVES; Fiscal Year: 2010..g. prednisone)...
- Determining Optimum Medical Therapy for ITPJAMES BRUCE BUSSEL; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Prednisone leads to lasting effects in very few patients following a second course;high dose dexamethasone (dex), touted in ..
- Association of Androgen Receptor Polymorphisms with Damage in SLEBetty P Tsao; Fiscal Year: 2013..significant associations of increased damage (SDI e 2) with shorter CAG repeat length of AR, higher cumulative prednisone dosage, and longer disease duration...
- High Content Screening for Muscular DystrophyHerman H Vandenburgh; Fiscal Year: 2010..Glucocorticoids such as prednisone are one of the few classes of drugs in clinical use in DMD to slow the loss of muscle function, but have serious ..
- A Pilot Study of Decitabine and Vorinostat with Chemotherapy for Relapsed ALLMICHAEL JAMES BURKE; Fiscal Year: 2012..Chemotherapy with vincristine, prednisone, PEG-asparaginase and doxorubicin will begin on day 8...
- IND 20212 (03-25-99) PHASE 2: ORBEC (ORAL BDP)-PATIENTS WITH CHRONIC GVHDCHRISTOPHER JOSEPH SCHABER; Fiscal Year: 2013..systemic bioavailability of oral BDP offers a major therapeutic advantage over systemic glucocorticoids such as prednisone and methylprednisolone, which have well-recognized adverse effects (e.g...
- Nucleotide receptor modulation of airway eicosanoids during asthma exacerbationsLoren C Denlinger; Fiscal Year: 2013..activity will have a greater proportion of subjects with a resolving Asthma Index within 7 days of starting a prednisone burst for an HRV-triggered exacerbation and have higher levels of PGE2 in acute airway samples...
- Biochemical markers of bone turnover in metastatic prostate cancerPrimo N Lara; Fiscal Year: 2010..cohort through the recently initiated randomized phase III Southwest Oncology Group trial (S0421) of docetaxel/prednisone with or without the endothelin-A antagonist Atrasentan (n=706) in patients with metastatic hormone refractory ..
- Immune correlates of steroid responsiveness in ITPELINE TJETSKE LUNING PRAK; Fiscal Year: 2010..of human subjects who are enrolled in the ITP^2 study, a randomized clinical trial designed to compare prednisone to dexamethasone for the treatment of newly diagnosed ITP...
- A Patient Advocate to improve real-world asthma management for inner city adultsAndrea J Apter; Fiscal Year: 2013..usual care, is associated with better and sustained asthma control (Specific Aim 1) and other asthma outcomes (prednisone bursts, ED visits, hospitalizations, quality of life, FEV1) (Specific Aim 2) relative to baseline...
- Early Aggressive Therapy in Juvenile Idiopathic ArthritisCarol Wallace; Fiscal Year: 2009..5 mg/kg/wk;max 40 mg/wk SQ) + dummy etanercept SQ weekly + dummy daily oral prednisone;Arm B = MTX (as in Arm A) + etanercept (0.8 mg/kg/wk SQ, max 50 mg/wk) + prednisone (0...
- Steroid Delivery in Acute Herniated Lumbar Disc with RadiculopathyHarley Goldberg; Fiscal Year: 2011..In this submission, we propose a two-arm parallel randomized clinical trial of a short tapering course of oral prednisone vs. a matched placebo for patients with acute HNP...
- Ocular Disposition of Antimicrobial AgentsAshim K Mitra; Fiscal Year: 2010..alone, in combination and in the presence of topically applied anti-inflammatory steroids (prednisolone, prednisone and 6-alpha-methylprednisolone)...
- Intravenous Protein Therapy for the Treatment of Duchenne Muscular DystrophyBRADLEY HODGES; Fiscal Year: 2009..There are no approved therapies for DMD and the only available treatments are the steroids prednisone or deflazacort...
- Dietary Support for Healthy Digestion in Crohn's DiseaseCAROL S BROTHERTON; Fiscal Year: 2011..plus dietary instruction on the success rate of weaning individuals with Crohn's disease (CD) from their prednisone therapy and returning their bowel function to a level of satisfaction with which they can live...
- Thymectomy in Non-Thymomatous MG Patients on PrednisoneGary Cutter; Fiscal Year: 2013..study comparing thymectomy to no thymectomy in non-thymomatous myasthenia gravis (MG) patients receiving prednisone. This NINDS-sponsored project was initiated in September, 2005...
- Dystrophin restoration in two animal models of Duchenne Muscular DystrophyLOUISE RODINO; Fiscal Year: 2009..Presently there is no effective cure for DMD and only limited treatment options. Prednisone, a steroid with potentially serious side effects, provides partial benefit, but it does have significant side-..
- Development of a Model to Examine Corticosteroid Effects on the HippocampusE Sherwood Brown; Fiscal Year: 2009..g. prednisone) therapy as a model system to explore the effects of cortisol elevations on the human brain...
- CONCURRENT PILOT STUDIES IN GIANT CELL ARTERITIS AND TAKAYASUS ARTERITIS TO EXAMAvery Gottfried; Fiscal Year: 2011..While glucocorticoid medications, such as prednisone, can improve the symptoms of GCA and TAK, these are associated with significant side effects and they do not ..
- STUDY OF DEXAMETHASONE IN NEONATAL LUPUS CHBJill Buyon; Fiscal Year: 2004..Mothers, irrespective of disease activity but requiring less than 10 mg prednisone/day, identified before 30 weeks of gestation to be carrying a fetus with CHB, will be randomized to receive ..
- Mechanism of glucocorticoid action in lymphoid malignancyClark W Distelhorst; Fiscal Year: 2010..Glucocorticoids including prednisone and dexamethasone are among the most effective agents for treatment of lymphoid malignancies, but efficacy is ..
- IND 20212 (03-25-99) PHASE 3: ORBEC (ORAL BDP) -PATIENTS WITH GI GVHD-FDA-11-12-0KEVIN JAMES HORGAN; Fiscal Year: 2012..DOR BioPharma, Inc. calls this formulation orBec(r). The study design uses an induction dose of prednisone to control the presenting manifestations of GI GVHD, then rapidly tapers the dose of prednisone in subjects ..
- ASSESSMENT OF GENETIC DAMAGE INDUCED BY CHEMOTHERAPYJAN LIANG; Fiscal Year: 1992..These drugs include nitrogen, mustard, vincristine, procarbazine and prednisone (MOPP) and adriamycin, bleomycin, vinblastine and dacarbazine (ABVD)...
- FOR-DMD:Double-blind randomized trial to optimize steroid regimen in Duchenne MDRobert C Griggs; Fiscal Year: 2013..The corticosteroid prednisone is of established 18 months benefit to strength in Duchenne dystrophy, and another corticosteroid, deflazacort, ..
- OPTIC NEURITIS TREATMENT TRIAL--COORDINATING CENTERPatricia Cleary; Fiscal Year: 1991..This study was also designed to compare oral prednisone therapy with high dose intravenous methylprednisolone...
- IMPROVED STEROID THERAPY FOR HEARING LOSSDennis Trune; Fiscal Year: 2000In spite of years of treating various forms of hearing loss with glucocorticoids (prednisone, dexamethasone), there is virtually no clinical or experimental evidence that inflammation of the ear is the underlying etiology...
- GLUCOCORTICOSTEROID ACTION IN INFLAMMATORY DISEASERobert Schleimer; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will test these hypotheses in a clinical study of the influence of oral prednisone on CRS in human subjects combined with in vitro model systems...
- A Pilot Study of Etanercept in DermatomyositisAnthony Amato; Fiscal Year: 2007Dermatomyositis (DM) is one of the major subtypes of idiopathic inflammatory myopathy. Prednisone is the initial treatment of choice in most patients with DM...
- MUTAGENIC ACTION OF CANCER THERAPY ON TESTIS CELLSMarvin Meistrich; Fiscal Year: 1992..The effects of the new regimen of NOVP (novantrone, oncovin, vinblastine, prednisone) and radiotherapy for HD on sperm counts in men will be determined by evaluating the kinetics of decline of ..
- Biostatistics and Data Management for a Trial of Corticosteroid Regimens in DMDRabi Tawil; Fiscal Year: 2012..trial in which 300 children with DMD between the ages of 4 and 7 will be randomized to receive either daily prednisone (0.75 mg/kg), daily deflazacort (0.90 mg/kg), or intermittent (10 days on, 10 days off) prednisone (0...
- INNER EAR IMMUNE RESPONSESElizabeth Keithley; Fiscal Year: 2002..treatment of hearing loss with systemic administration of immunosuppressive agents such as dexamethasone and prednisone. This course of treatment was tried because of the introduction of the idea that the inner ear is vulnerable to ..
- Model of Idiopathic Infantile SpasmsLIBOR VELISEK; Fiscal Year: 2009..we will validate the model by using drugs effective against infantile spasms in humans (ACTH, vigabatrin, prednisone) and their effects on behavioral and electrographic seizures, behavioral/cognitive outcome and seizure ..
- High Content Screening for Muscular DystrophyHerman Vandenburgh; Fiscal Year: 2007..Currently, there are few drugs besides Prednisone which are used clinically to slow muscle weakness in DMD patients...
- NAPRTCS CLINICAL TRIALS IN PRIMARY & REPEAT TRANSPLANTSWilliam Harmon; Fiscal Year: 2002..transplant recipients to test the 1st hypothesis, that patients randomized to RAD, cyclosporine (CSA) and prednisone (P) (test arm) will have significantly less acute rejections in the first six months than the control arm of ..
- IMMUNOSUPPRESSIVE THERAPY FOR BIOPSY-PROVEN MYOCARDITISJay Mason; Fiscal Year: 1991..year period to three treatment limbs: conventional therapy for congestive heart failure, immunosuppression with prednisone and azathioprine, or immunosuppression with cyclosporine and prednisone...
- Tacrolimus vs Intensive Prednisone in Pediatric FSGSFrederick Kaskel; Fiscal Year: 2007..Uncontrolled studies in adults with FSGS support the use of prolonged prednisone therapy...
- ONTT COOPERATING CLINICGEORGIA CHROUSOS; Fiscal Year: 1991..The ONTT consists of two research components: (1) a clinical trial of the efficacy of oral prednisone and intravenous methylprednisolone in reducing residual optic nerve damage in patients with optic neuritis; and (..
- TLI IN RENAL TRANSPLANTATIONSamuel Strober; Fiscal Year: 1990..recipients given TLI and horse or rabbit ATG, and who have good graft function while receiving only low dose prednisone. In each case specific unresponsiveness to donor cells will be tested...
- ONTT COOPERATING CLINICJames Goodwin; Fiscal Year: 1991..The ONTT consists of essentially two research components: (1) a clinical trial of the efficacy of oral prednisone and intravenous methylprednisolone in reducing residual optic nerve damage in patients with optic neuritis; and (..
- ONTT COOPERATING CLINICJonathan Trobe; Fiscal Year: 1991..The ONTT consists of essentially two research components: (1) a clinical trial of the efficacy of oral prednisone and intravenous methylprednisolone in reducing residual optic nerve damage in patients with optic neuritis; and (..
- A Novel Antibody Therapeutic for Multiple MyelomaKoteswara Chintalacharuvu; Fiscal Year: 2004..Although conventional therapy of multiple myeloma with oral melphalan and prednisone can effect remissions in approximately 40% of patients, the disease remains incurable, with a median overall ..
- Thymectomy in Non-Thymomatous MG Patients on PrednisoneCamilla Buckley; Fiscal Year: 2009..Thymectomy has been used world-wide to treat non-thymomatous MG, based on retrospective non-randomized studies. Prednisone (a corticosteroid) is also frequently used to treat MG...
- HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE THERAPY AND BIOLOGY OF GVHDAndrew Gilman; Fiscal Year: 2004..Standard treatment of chronic GVHD includes prednisone alone or in combination with cyclosporine...
- MOLECULAR BASIS OF SKELETAL GROWTH IN RENAL FAILUREFrederick Kaskel; Fiscal Year: 1999..accumulation of uremic toxins and inhibitors of hormone action, renal osteodystrophy, acidosis, malnutrition and prednisone therapy...