Genomes and Genes
Summary: A glucocorticoid given, as the free alcohol or in esterified form, orally, intramuscularly, by local injection, by inhalation, or applied topically in the management of various disorders in which corticosteroids are indicated. (From Martindale, The Extra Pharmacopoeia, 30th ed, p739)
Publications215 found, 100 shown here
- Conjunctival necrosis following intravitreal injection of triamcinolone acetonideSathish Srinivasan
Department of Ophthalmology, Arrowe Park Hospital, Wirral, UK
Cornea 24:1027-8. 2005To report a case of localized conjunctival necrosis following intravitreal injection of triamcinolone acetonide (TA).
- Intravitreal triamcinolone reinjection for refractory diabetic macular edemaAlireza Ramezani
Ophthalmic Research Center, Shaheed Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Korean J Ophthalmol 20:156-61. 2006To evaluate the effect of intravitreal triamcinolone acetonide (IVT) reinjection on clinical and optical coherence tomographic features in refractory diabetic macular edema.
- Bupivacaine and triamcinolone may be toxic to human chondrocytes: a pilot studyHasan M Syed
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Loma Linda University Medical Center, 11406 Loma Linda Drive, Suite 218, Loma Linda, CA 92354, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 469:2941-7. 2011..Given the frequency of use of these agents, it is important to know whether they are in fact toxic...
- The efficacy of endoscopic triamcinolone injection for the prevention of esophageal stricture after endoscopic submucosal dissectionSatoru Hashimoto
Department of Endoscopy, Niigata University Medical and Dental Hospital, Niigata, Japan
Gastrointest Endosc 74:1389-93. 2011....
- Antiangiogenic therapy with anti-vascular endothelial growth factor modalities for diabetic macular oedemaGianni Virgili
Department of Specialised Surgical Sciences, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 12:CD007419. 2012..Antiangiogenic therapy with anti-vascular endothelial growth factor (anti-VEGF) modalities has recently been proposed for improving vision in people with DMO...
- Safety and efficacy of intravitreal triamcinolone for cystoid macular oedema in uveitisS Young
Department of Clinical Ophthalmology, Institute of Ophthalmology, Moorfields Eye Hospital, London, UK
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 29:2-6. 2001PURPOSE: To report the safety and efficacy of intravitreal triamcinolone in the treatment of inflammatory cystoid macular oedema (CMO) in six patients who were resistant to other forms of therapy...
- Comparison of intranasal hypertonic dead sea saline spray and intranasal aqueous triamcinolone spray in seasonal allergic rhinitisScott Cordray
Academic Programs at Southern Nazarene University, Tulsa, Okla, USA
Ear Nose Throat J 84:426-30. 2005..placebo-controlled comparison of intranasal hypertonic Dead Sea saline spray and intranasal aqueous triamcinolone spray in 15 patients with seasonal allergic rhinitis. Results were based on a 7-day regimen...
- Triamcinolone decreases bupivacaine toxicity to intervertebral disc cell in vitroJu Hyung Moon
Department of Neurosurgery, Spine and Spinal Cord Institute, Gangnam Severance Spine Hospital, Yonsei University College of Medicine, 712 Eonjuro, Gangnam Gu, Seoul, South Korea
Spine J 12:665-73. 2012..Considering the frequent use of these agents in spinal interventions, it is meaningful to know how they affect intervertebral disc cells...
- Specific uptake of folate-decorated triamcinolone-encapsulating nanoparticles by retinal pigment epithelium cells enhances and prolongs antiangiogenic activityWai Leung Langston Suen
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Clear Water Bay, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China
J Control Release 167:21-8. 2013..b>Triamcinolone acetonide (TA) was efficiently encapsulated (>97%) into the folate-decorated nanoparticles and was slowly ..
- Efficacy and safety of multiple intravitreal triamcinolone injections for refractory diabetic macular oedemaMark C Gillies
Save Sight and Eye Health Institute, Department of Clinical Ophthalmology, University of Sydney, GPO Box 4337, Sydney NSW 2001, Australia
Br J Ophthalmol 91:1323-6. 2007The efficacy and safety of repeated injections of intravitreal triamcinolone (IVTA) for diabetic macular oedema is unclear, with results of previous reports conflicting.
- A prospective controlled trial to evaluate the adjunctive role of posterior subtenon triamcinolone in the treatment of diffuse diabetic macular edemaLalit K Verma
Rajendra Prasad Center for Ophthalmic Sciences, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 20:277-84. 2004The aim of the present prospective controlled trial was to evaluate the adjuvant role of posterior subtenon triamcinolone in the treatment of diffuse diabetic macular edema (DDME)...
- Ocular-hypertensive response and corneal endothelial changes after intravitreal triamcinolone injections in Chinese subjects: a 6-month follow-up studyC K M Chan
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong Eye Hospital, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Eye (Lond) 19:625-30. 2005To assess the intraocular pressure (IOP) and corneal endothelial changes, over a 6-month period, after a single injection of intravitreal triamcinolone (ivTA) in Chinese patients.
- De Quervain's disease: efficacy of intra-sheath triamcinolone injectionTakuya Sawaizumi
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Nippon Medical School, 1 1 5 Sendagi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8603, Japan
Int Orthop 31:265-8. 2007The methods and clinical outcomes of intra-sheath triamcinolone injection in the treatment of de Quervain's disease are described. We used 38 hands of 36 patients...
- Cytotoxicity of triamcinolone on cultured human retinal pigment epithelial cells: comparison with dexamethasone and hydrocortisoneChi Kong Yeung
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong Eye Hospital, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China
Jpn J Ophthalmol 48:236-42. 2004b>Triamcinolone acetonide (TA) is a corticosteroid that can be used in the treatment of cystoid macular edema (CME) and other ocular inflammatory conditions...
- Effects of pimecrolimus versus triamcinolone on Langerhans cells after UV exposureKathryn J Martires
Exp Dermatol 20:280-2. 2011..Concerns regarding malignancy risk resulted in its black box warning in 2006. The purpose of this study is to determine the effects of pimecrolimus on Langerhans cells (LC), mediators of the cutaneous immunity UV-irradiated skin...
- New combination of triamcinolone, 5-Fluorouracil, and pulsed-dye laser for treatment of keloid and hypertrophic scarsAli Asilian
Department of Dermatology, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Isfahan, Iran
Dermatol Surg 32:907-15. 2006..Keloids and hypertrophic scars are benign growths of dermal collagen that usually cause major physical, psychological, and cosmetic problems...
- Determination of triamcinolone in human plasma by a sensitive HPLC-ESI-MS/MS method: application for a pharmacokinetic study using nasal spray formulationIsabela Costa César
Instituto de Ciências Farmacêuticas, Alameda Coronel Eugênio Jardim 53, 74175 100 Goiânia, GO, Brazil
J Mass Spectrom 46:320-6. 2011..ionization tandem mass spectrometry (HPLC-ESI-MS/MS) method for the quantitation of triamcinolone in human plasma after nasal spray application was developed and validated...
- The effects of commercially available preservative-free FDA-approved triamcinolone (Triesence®) on retinal cells in cultureLeandro Cabral Zacharias
Department of Ophthalmology, Gavin Herbert Eye Institute, University of California Irvine, CA 92697, USA
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 27:143-50. 2011To evaluate the effects of Triesence® (TRI), a new preservative-free triamcinolone approved by the U.S...
- Adalimumab added to a treat-to-target strategy with methotrexate and intra-articular triamcinolone in early rheumatoid arthritis increased remission rates, function and quality of life. The OPERA Study: an investigator-initiated, randomised, double-blind,Kim Hørslev-Petersen
Department of Rheumatology, King Christian 10th Hospital for Rheumatic Diseases, Gråsten, Denmark South Jutland Hospital, Institute of Regional Health Services Research, University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark
Ann Rheum Dis 73:654-61. 2014..protocol (Clinical Trials:NCT00660647) studied whether adalimumab added to methotrexate and intra-articular triamcinolone as first-line treatment in early rheumatoid arthritis (ERA) increased the frequency of low disease activity (..
- Comparison of natural course, intravitreal triamcinolone, and intravitreal bevacizumab for treatment of macular edema secondary to branch retinal vein occlusionSoon Il Kwon
Department of Ophthalmology, Hallym University College of Medicine, Anyang, Korea
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 29:5-9. 2013..secondary to branch retinal vein occlusion (BRVO) and to compare the visual outcome and macular thickness with eyes treated with intravitreal injection of triamcinolone acetonide (IVTA) and intravitreal injection of bevacizumab (IVB).
- Intravitreal bevacizumab vs intravitreal triamcinolone combined with macular laser grid for diffuse diabetic macular oedemaR Forte
Dipartimento di Scienze Oftalmologiche, Universita Federico II, Naples, Italy
Eye (Lond) 24:1325-30. 2010..persistent non-ischaemic diffuse diabetic macular oedema (DME) treated with intravitreal bevacizumab (IVB) or with intravitreal injection of triamcinolone combined with macular laser grid (IVTA-MLG) from September 2005 to February 2008.
- Intralesional triamcinolone alone or in combination with 5-fluorouracil for the treatment of keloid and hypertrophic scarsA Darougheh
Skin Diseases and Leishmaniasis Research Centre, and Department of Dermatology, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Isfahan, Iran
Clin Exp Dermatol 34:219-23. 2009..Keloids and hypertrophic scars are benign growths of dermal collagen that can cause physical and psychological (cosmetic) problems for patients...
- Clean intermittent catheterization with triamcinolone ointment following internal urethrotomyJalil Hosseini
Division of Reconstructive Urology, Shohada e Tajrish Hospital and Urology and Nephrology Research Center, Shahid Beheshti University MC, Tehran, Iran
Urol J 5:265-8. 2008Our aim was to evaluate clean intermittent catheterization (CIC) results in combination with triamcinolone ointment for lubrication of the catheter after internal urethrotomy.
- Triamcinolone reduces seroma re-accumulation in the extended latissimus dorsi donor siteRieka Taghizadeh
Canniesburn Plastic Surgery Unit, Glasgow, UK
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 61:636-42. 2008..We designed a double-blind randomised controlled trial to test the hypothesis that an intracavity injection of the anti-inflammatory corticosteroid triamcinolone would inhibit seroma re-accumulation.
- [Intravitreal bevacizumab versus verteporfin and intravitreal triamcinolone acetonide in patients with neovascular age-related macula degeneration]R Hahn
Universitätsklinik für Augenheilkunde und Optometrie, Medizinische Universität Wien, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, Wien, Osterreich
Ophthalmologe 104:588-93. 2007The aim of this study was to compare intravitreal bevacizumab (IVB) and verteporfin therapy in combination with 4 mg intravitreal triamcinolone (PDT-IVTA) in patients with neovascular age-related macular degeneration (AMD).
- Intravitreal triamcinolone or bevacizumab for nonarteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy: do they merit further study?Shalom E Kelman
J Neuroophthalmol 27:161-3. 2007
- Efficacy of intralesional 5-fluorouracil and triamcinolone in the treatment of keloidsSteven P Davison
sDepartment of Plastic Surgery, Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Aesthet Surg J 29:40-6. 2009..Keloids are a common problem with significant recurrence rates despite intralesional steroid treatment and multimodal therapy...
- Risk factors for elevated intraocular pressure after trans-tenon retrobulbar injections of triamcinoloneKazuyuki Hirooka
Department of Ophthalmology, Kagawa University Faculty of Medicine, Miki, Kagawa, Japan
Jpn J Ophthalmol 50:235-8. 2006To determine the risk factors that induce an elevation of intraocular pressure (IOP) after trans-Tenon retrobulbar injections of triamcinolone acetonide.
- Triamcinolone-impregnated nasal dressing following endoscopic sinus surgery: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled studyDavid W J Cote
Division of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Laryngoscope 120:1269-73. 2010..To evaluate the impact of steroid-impregnated absorbable nasal dressing on wound healing and surgical outcomes after endoscopic sinus surgery (ESS)...
- Management of lipid exudates in Coats disease by adjuvant intravitreal triamcinolone: effects and complicationsIhab Saad Othman
6 Tahrir Street, Dokki, Giza, Egypt
Br J Ophthalmol 94:606-10. 2010AIM To evaluate the role of intravitreal Triamcinolone (TA) in the early management of Coats disease. METHODS Retrospective, interventional case series. RESULTS 15 consecutive cases with Coats disease were managed with 4 mg/0...
- Management of lichen sclerosus with triamcinolone ointment: effectiveness in reduction of patient symptom scoresCherie LeFevre
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Women s Health, Saint Louis University, Saint Louis, MO, USA
J Low Genit Tract Dis 15:205-9. 2011To determine whether topical triamcinolone ointment effectively reduces patient's symptoms for the management of lichen sclerosus (LS).
- Combination intravitreal triamcinolone injection and cryotherapy for exudative retinal detachments in severe Coats diseaseChris S Bergstrom
Emory Eye Center, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Retina 28:S33-7. 2008Intravitreal triamcinolone injection effectively reduces subretinal fluid in pediatric patients with exudative retinal detachments in severe Coats disease...
- [Use of triamcinolone and bevacizumab in 25G phaco-vitrectomy surgery for the treatment of cataract and diabetic macular edema]S E Hernández-Da Mota
Unidad de Oftalmologia, Clínica David, Morelia, Mich, Mexico
Arch Soc Esp Oftalmol 83:293-300. 2008To evaluate the safety and efficacy of combined phacoemulsification and triamcinolone-assisted vitrectomy with intravitreal injection of bevacizumab in patients with cataract and diffuse diabetic macular edema.
- Pseudohypopyon after intravitreal triamcinolone injection for the treatment of pseudophakic cystoid macular oedemaS D M Chen
Br J Ophthalmol 88:843-4. 2004
- [Comparison of pars plana vitrectomy with ILM peeling and intravitreal triamcinolone in diffuse diabetic macular oedema]E Khurieva-Sattler
Klinik fur Augenheilkunde, Universitatsklinikum des Saarlandes, Homburg Saar
Klin Monbl Augenheilkd 227:496-500. 2010Visual outcome and anatomic results in patients with diffuse diabetic macular oedema (DDME) were evaluated after vitrectomy with internal limiting membrane (ILM) peeling versus intravitreal triamcinolone acetonide (TA).
- The long-term anatomical and visual effect of intravitreal triamcinolone injection during vitrectomy for the treatment of idiopathic macular epiretinal membraneChi Chun Lai
Department of Ophthalmology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Linkuo Medical Center, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Cutan Ocul Toxicol 30:292-7. 2011To compare the long-term anatomical and visual outcomes of patients with idiopathic epiretinal membrane (ERM) removed by vitrectomy and membrane peeling with or without the use of intravitreal injection of triamcinolone acetonide (IVTA).
- [Leak of intravitreal triamcinolone to the anterior chamber]C Blanco
Servicio de Oftalmologia, Unidad Retina Vítrea, Complejo Hospitalario Universitario de Albacete, Albacete, Espana
Arch Soc Esp Oftalmol 82:781-3. 2007A 78-year-old man with phakic eyes underwent photodynamic therapy followed by intravitreal injection of triamcinolone. During the injection a white solution was observed in the anterior chamber...
- [Triamcinolone-assisted vitrectomy in the treatment of recurrent retinal detachment due to myopic macular hole]J F Le Rouic
Département de Chirurgie Vitréo Rétinienne, Clinique Sourdille, 8, rue Camille, Flammarion, 44000 Nantes
J Fr Ophtalmol 29:829-34. 2006To report the use of triamcinolone-assisted vitrectomy to assess the cause of vitrectomy failure in the treatment of retinal detachment due to myopic macular hole.
- Randomised clinical trial of intravitreal Avastin vs photodynamic therapy and intravitreal triamcinolone: long-term resultsS Sacu
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Eye (Lond) 23:2223-7. 2009To compare 1-year functional and anatomic outcomes of intravitreal bevacizumab (IVB) and photodynamic therapy plus intravitreal triamcinolone (PDT+IVTA) combination in patients with neovascular age-related macular degeneration (AMD).
- Triple therapy for neovascular age-related macular degeneration using single-session photodynamic therapy combined with intravitreal bevacizumab and triamcinoloneP P Yip
Department of Ophthalmology, Tuen Mun Hosptial, Tsing Chung Koon Road, Tuen Mun, Hong Kong
Br J Ophthalmol 93:754-8. 2009..therapy consisting single-session photodynamic therapy (PDT), intravitreal bevacizumab (IVB) and intravitreal triamcinolone (IVTA) for treatment of neovascular age-related macular degeneration (AMD) METHODS: Consecutive patients with ..
- Intravitreal triamcinolone for cystoid macular edema related to branch retinal vein occlusionSrilaxmi Bearelly
Albert Eye Research Institute, Duke University Eye Center, Department of Ophthalmology, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Ann Ophthalmol (Skokie) 38:317-20. 2006We retrospectively evaluated the effectiveness of intravitreal triamcinolone in treating 19 eyes with macular edema related to branch retinal vein occlusion (BRVO)...
- Intravitreal bevacizumab (Avastin) therapy versus photodynamic therapy plus intravitreal triamcinolone for neovascular age-related macular degeneration: 6-month results of a prospective, randomised, controlled clinical studyG Weigert
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Br J Ophthalmol 92:356-60. 2008..functional and anatomical outcomes of intravitreal bevacizumab (Avastin) and verteporfin (photodynamic) therapy (PDT) combined with intravitreal triamcinolone (IVTA) in patients with neovascular age-related macular degeneration (AMD).
- Papular elastorrhexis in childhood improved by intralesional injections of triamcinoloneS H Lee
Department of Dermatology, College of Medicine, Gyeongsang National University, Chinju, Korea
J Dermatol 28:569-71. 2001..His skin lesions were improved by intralesional injections of triamcinolone but recurred after four months.
- A controlled study of caudal epidural injections of triamcinolone plus procaine for the management of intractable sciaticaK Bush
Department of Rheumatology, Royal Free Hospital, London
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 16:572-5. 1991..This preliminary study assesses the efficacy of epidural injections of 80 mg triamcinolone acetonide plus 0...
- Greater occipital nerve block using local anaesthetics alone or with triamcinolone for transformed migraine: a randomised comparative studyA Ashkenazi
Department of Neurology, Thomas Jefferson University, 111 South 11th Street, Suite 8130, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 79:415-7. 2008To determine whether adding triamcinolone to local anaesthetics increased the efficacy of greater occipital nerve block (GONB) and trigger-point injections (TPIs) for transformed migraine (TM).
- Intravitreal triamcinolone improves recovery of visual acuity in nonarteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathyBerkant Kaderli
Department of Ophthalmology, Uludag University School of Medicine, 16059 Gorukle Campus, Bursa, Turkey
J Neuroophthalmol 27:164-8. 2007..Because intravitreal triamcinolone (IVTA) has shown promise in improving edematous retinal disorders, a pilot trial of this therapy in NAION was ..
- Intravitreal triamcinolone for nonarteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathySohan Singh Hayreh
J Neuroophthalmol 28:77-8; author reply 78-9. 2008
- Effect of corticosteroid injection for trochanter pain syndrome: design of a randomised clinical trial in general practiceAaltien Brinks
Department of General Practice, Erasmus MC, University Medical Centre Rotterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 8:95. 2007..The cost effectiveness of the corticosteroid injection therapy will also be assessed. Secondly, the role of co-morbidity in relation to the efficacy of local corticosteroid injections will be investigated...
- Intravitreal injection of triamcinolone: an emerging treatment for diabetic macular edemaMichael S Ip
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Diabetes Care 27:1794-7. 2004
- A prospective randomized controlled trial of injection of dexamethasone versus triamcinolone for idiopathic trigger fingerDavid Ring
Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
J Hand Surg Am 33:516-22; discussion 523-4. 2008..was designed to test the null hypothesis that there is no difference in resolution of triggering 3 months after injection with either a soluble (dexamethasone) or insoluble (triamcinolone) corticosteroid for idiopathic trigger finger.
- Adverse granulomatous reaction to Artecoll treated by intralesional 5-fluorouracil and triamcinolone injectionsJulian S Conejo-Mir
Department of Dermatology, Hospital Universitario Virgen del Rocio, Seville, Spain
Dermatol Surg 32:1079-81; discussion 1082. 2006
- Intravitreal ranibizumab, intravitreal ranibizumab with PDT, and intravitreal triamcinolone with PDT for the treatment of retinal angiomatous proliferation: a prospective studyAlexandros A Rouvas
2nd Department of Ophthalmology, Medical School of Athens University, Athens, Greece
Retina 29:536-44. 2009To compare 1) intravitreal ranibizumab, 2) intravitreal ranibizumab plus photodynamic therapy (PDT), and 3) intravitreal triamcinolone plus PDT in retinal angiomatous proliferation.
- The effect of intravitreal triamcinolone on intraocular pressureMark Kramar
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 23:1253-8. 2007To evaluate the effect of triamcinolone acetonide (ITA) on intraocular pressure (IOP) following intravitreal injection, and, in those patients who experience post-injection elevation of IOP, to determine the time course, effect of ..
- Lack of long-term adverse adrenal effects from inhaled triamcinolone: Lung Health Study IIMichael S Eichenhorn
Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI, USA
Chest 124:57-62. 2003..One of the potential adverse effects of their use is the development of adrenal suppression. Our study aimed to determine the effects of ICS on adrenal function over 3 years of use in patients with COPD...
- Triamcinolone suppresses retinal vascular pathology via a potent interruption of proinflammatory signal-regulated activation of VEGF during a relative hypoxiaY H Kim
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, College of Medicine, Gyeongsang National University, Chilam dong 92, Jinju, Gyungnam 660 751, South Korea
Neurobiol Dis 26:569-76. 2007We examined the effect of triamcinolone acetonide (TA), a corticosteroid, on the relationship between vascular pathophysiology and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) activation in the retina of a rat model of oxygen-induced ..
- Intravitreal triamcinolone and laser photocoagulation for retinal angiomatous proliferationT R Krieglstein
Department of Ophthalmology, Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich, Mathildenstr 8, 80336 Munich, Germany
Br J Ophthalmol 90:1357-60. 2006..The only two therapeutic modalities being discussed are surgical lysis of the feeding arteriole and draining venule, and the use of photodynamic therapy combined with intravitreal triamcinolone injection.
- [Branch retinal vein occlusion treated by intravitreal triamcinolone]A Salinas-Alaman
Departamento de Oftalmologia, Clinica Universitaria de Navarra, Universidad de Navarra
Arch Soc Esp Oftalmol 80:463-5. 2005Five eyes with branch retinal vein occlusion (BRVO) were treated with intravitreal injection of 4 mg of triamcinolone. Four cases showed good visual acuity and macular thickness evolution after one dose...
- Single-session photodynamic therapy combined with intravitreal bevacizumab and triamcinolone for neovascular age-related macular degenerationHamid Ahmadieh
Ophthalmic Research Center, Shaheed Beheshti Medical University, Labbafinejad Medical Center, Tehran, Iran
BMC Ophthalmol 7:10. 2007..consisting of single-session photodynamic therapy (PDT), intravitreal bevacizumab (IVB) and intravitreal triamcinolone (IVT) as initial pulse therapy followed by repeat intravitreal bevacizumab injections for maintenance ..
- Optical coherence tomographic pattern may predict visual outcome after intravitreal triamcinolone for diabetic macular edemaS K Gibran
Eye, Ear, Nose and Throat Centre, Queens Medical Centre, Nottingham, United Kingdom
Ophthalmology 114:890-4. 2007To identify an optical coherence tomography (OCT) pattern predictive of visual outcome in patients with diabetic macular edema (DME) who underwent a single dose of intravitreal triamcinolone.
- Combined photodynamic therapy and intravitreal triamcinolone injection for the treatment of subfoveal choroidal neovascularisation in age related macular degeneration: a comparative studyW M Chan
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong Eye Hospital, 147K Argyle Street, Hong Kong
Br J Ophthalmol 90:337-41. 2006To evaluate the outcomes of combined intravitreal triamcinolone (IVTA) and photodynamic therapy (PDT) with verteporfin in the treatment of subfoveal choroidal neovascularisation (CNV) caused by age related macular degeneration (AMD).
- Linear hypopigmentation after triamcinolone injection: a rare complication of a common procedureV Nanda
Department of Plastic Surgery, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh 160012, India
Aesthetic Plast Surg 30:118-9. 2006The development of linear hypopigmentation after intralesional or intraarticular injection of triamcinolone acetonide has been reported in the literature as a very rare side effect...
- Repeated pseudoendophthalmitis after combined photodynamic therapy and intravitreal triamcinoloneJ Marticorena
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 245:1403-4. 2007
- Intravitreal bevacizumab and triamcinolone treatment for choroidal neovascularization in Best diseaseMehmet Cakir
Beyoglu Eye Training and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
J AAPOS 13:94-6. 2009..associated with Best disease responded well to a single intravitreal injection of combined bevacizumab and triamcinolone acetonide...
- Loss of bone density with inhaled triamcinolone in Lung Health Study IIPaul D Scanlon
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 170:1302-9. 2004..They used inhaled triamcinolone acetonide, 600 mcg, or placebo, twice daily...
- Visualising vitreous through modified trans-scleral illumination by maximising the Tyndall effectM Veckeneer
Rotterdam Eye Hospital, Schiedamsevest 180, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Ophthalmol 93:268-70. 2009..It uses a standard lightpipe for scleral indentation and transillumination. Visualisation of the vitreous using low light levels can be achieved by enhancing the Tyndall effect...
- Effects of crystalline glucocorticoid triamcinolone acetonide on cultered human supraspinatus tendon cellsHerbert Tempfer
Department of Organismic Biology, Division of Zoology and Functional Anatomy, University of Salzburg, Austria
Acta Orthop 80:357-62. 2009..Subacromial glucocorticoid injections are widely used for treatment of epiphenomenons of chronic impingement syndrome with the possible side effects of tendon rupture and impaired tendon healing...
- A randomized controlled trial of intra-articular triamcinolone and/or physiotherapy in shoulder capsulitisI Ryans
Rheumatology Department, The Ulster Hospital, Dundonald, Belfast, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 44:529-35. 2005To assess the effectiveness of intra-articular triamcinolone injection and physiotherapy singly or combined in the treatment of adhesive capsulitis of the shoulder.
- Verteporfin therapy in combination with triamcinolone: published studies investigating a potential synergistic effectPeter K Kaiser
Cole Eye Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 21:705-13. 2005..Pilot studies of intravitreal triamcinolone acetonide monotherapy revealed promising results in patients with CNV due to AMD, but the visual acuity ..
- Triamcinolone stimulates bFGF production and inhibits TGF-beta1 production by human dermal fibroblastsLisa A Carroll
Wound Healing and Tissue Engineering Laboratory, Division of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, California, USA
Dermatol Surg 28:704-9. 2002b>Triamcinolone acetonide has been shown to decrease both cellular proliferation and collagen production by dermal fibroblasts. An alteration of cytokine levels may mediate these effects.
- Symmetrical hypopigmentation following triamcinolone injection for de Quervain's tenosynovitisA V Evans
Clin Exp Dermatol 27:247-51. 2002
- Iatrogenic Cushing syndrome after epidural triamcinolone injections in an HIV type 1-infected patient receiving therapy with ritonavir-lopinavirRoshan Ramanathan
Clinical Parasitology Unit and Helminth Immunology Section, Laboratory of Parasitic Diseases, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Clin Infect Dis 47:e97-9. 2008..therapy, which included ritonavir, who developed Cushing syndrome with profound complications after epidural triamcinolone injections...
- Alopecia areata with comorbid depression: early resolution with combined paroxetine-triamcinolone treatmentA Ricciardi
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 20:1000-1. 2006
- Optimising corticosteroid injection for lateral epicondylalgia with the addition of physiotherapy: a protocol for a randomised control trial with placebo comparisonBrooke K Coombes
The University of Queensland, Division of Physiotherapy, School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, St Lucia, QLD, 4072, Australia
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 10:76. 2009..Surprisingly, these injections have not been rigorously tested against placebo injections. This study primarily addresses both of these issues...
- Intrapericardial treatment of autoreactive pericardial effusion with triamcinolone; the way to avoid side effects of systemic corticosteroid therapyB Maisch
Department of Internal Medicine Cardiology, Philipps University, Marburg, Germany
Eur Heart J 23:1503-8. 2002To evaluate efficacy and safety of intrapericardial treatment with the crystalloid corticosteroid triamcinolone in autoreactive pericardial effusion.
- Intravitreal triamcinolone in subfoveal recurrence of choroidal neovascularisation after laser treatment in macular degenerationN T Ranson
Department of Ophthalmology, Indiana University School of Medicine, 702 Rotary Circle, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Br J Ophthalmol 86:527-9. 2002..Laser treatment may limit scotoma size, but is unpalatable because of early persistent vision loss. Intravitreal triamacinolone injection may be an acceptable alternative therapy in such disparate cases...
- Intravitreal triamcinolone does not alter basal vascular endothelial growth factor mRNA expression in rat retinaHua Gao
Department of Ophthalmology, Baylor College of Medicine, Cullen Eye Institute, 6560 Fannin, Suite 2200, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Vision Res 44:349-56. 2004Intravitreal triamcinolone inhibits choroidal neovascularization. To investigate if vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) is affected, we examined VEGF expression after intravitreal triamcinolone administration in rat retina...
- A comparison of intralesional triamcinolone and cryosurgery in the treatment of acne keloidsA M Layton
Department of Dermatology, General Infirmary, Leeds, U K
Br J Dermatol 130:498-501. 1994..The data from this double-blind study, in which intralesional triamcinolone or cryosurgery were used as treatment for keloids, demonstrate that by treating early, and in particular ..
- Retrospective review of eyes with neovascular age-related macular degeneration treated with photodynamic therapy with verteporfin and intravitreal triamcinoloneTamara K Fackler
Duke Eye Center, Albert Eye Research Institute, North Carolina, USA
Ann Acad Med Singapore 35:701-5. 2006To review the outcomes of eyes with neovascular age-related macular degeneration (AMD) treated with photodynamic therapy (PDT) with verteporfin and intravitreal triamcinolone acetonide injection.
- [Optic atrophy subsequent to epiretinal triamcinolone deposits in an eye following inner limiting membrane peeling]G B Jaissle
Universitats Augenklinik, Schleichstrasse 12, 72076, Tubingen, Deutschland
Ophthalmologe 105:575-7. 2008Although current in vitro studies show local cytotoxicity of triamcinolone (TA) crystals if they are in direct contact with cells, a toxic effect of epiretinal TA deposits has not been reported yet clinically...
- Early effects of intravitreal triamcinolone on macular edema: mechanistic implicationNoriko Miyamoto
INSERM U598 and University René Descartes, Paris, France
Ophthalmology 113:2048-53. 2006To evaluate the early effects of intravitreal triamcinolone acetonide (TA) on cystoid macular edema associated with retinal vein occlusion and diabetic retinopathy.
- Afyap1, encoding a bZip transcriptional factor of Aspergillus fumigatus, contributes to oxidative stress response but is not essential to the virulence of this pathogen in mice immunosuppressed by cyclophosphamide and triamcinoloneJianjun Qiao
Department of Dermatology, Peking University First Hospital, and Research Center for Medical Mycology, Peking University, Beijing, The People s Republic of China
Med Mycol 46:773-82. 2008..fumigatus strain in a murine model of invasive pulmonary aspergillosis. Taken together, these results demonstrate that Afyap1 is involved in oxidative stress response but is not an essential virulence factor for A. fumigatus...
- Anterior chamber transit of triamcinolone after intravitreal injectionJose M Ruiz-Moreno
Arch Ophthalmol 123:129-30. 2005
- Visualization of the Cloquet canal during triamcinolone-assisted vitrectomyHiroshi Enaida
Department of Ophthalmology, Kagoshima University School of Medicine, 8 35 1 Sakuragaoka, Kagoshima 890 8520, Japan
Arch Ophthalmol 122:1564-5. 2004
- Cutaneous sporotrichosis of face: polymorphism and reactivation after intralesional triamcinoloneNand Lal Sharma
Department of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprosy, Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla, India
Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol 73:188-90. 2007..The patient had reactivation of infection following an infiltration of the scar with triamcinolone acetonide injection. Various other aspects of these unusual phenomena are also discussed.
- Astigmatism and periocular hemangiomaMichael Goggin
Ophthalmology 115:1854-5; author reply 1855. 2008
- [A comparative clinical study of the treatment of hypertrophic scars with either intralaesional steroid or silicone gel sheeting]Ottó Kelemen
Baranya Megyei Kórház Pécsi Tudományegyetem, Általános Orvostudományi Kar, OEC, Sebészeti Tanszék 7623 Pécs
Magy Seb 60:297-300. 2007..Prospective randomized clinical trials should be needed to further clarify their role in the treatment protocols...
- Intralesional steroid injection for proliferative parotid hemangiomasLisa M Buckmiller
Vascular Anomalies Center, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Arkansas, Children s Hospital, Little Rock, AR, USA
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 72:81-7. 2008..To evaluate the efficacy of proliferative phase intralesional steroid injections in the treatment of parotid hemangiomas...
- Combining triamcinolone and lidocaine for soft tissue injectionsAndrew D Schechtman
Am Fam Physician 77:1372; author reply 1372. 2008
- Rectal strictures in 19 dogs: 1997-2005Craig B Webb
Department of Clinical Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, Colorado State University, 300 West Drake Road, Fort Collins, Colorado 80523, USA
J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 43:332-6. 2007..Sixteen of 19 dogs underwent balloon dilatation therapy, and 14 of these 16 dogs received intralesional triamcinolone injections...
- The inadvertent administration of intralenticular triamcinoloneS N Rajak
Eye (Lond) 21:426-7. 2007
- Surgical removal of massive macular hard exudate combined with intravitreal triamcinolone in diabetic maculopathyJ F T Li Yim
Eye (Lond) 21:562-4. 2007
- [Pharmacological therapy of keloids in an athymic mouse model]J Blazek
Abteilung für Plastische Chirurgie und Handchirurgie, DRK Kliniken Berlin Westend
Handchir Mikrochir Plast Chir 40:81-7. 2008..Therefore, a comparative study on the effect of three pharmacological agents was conducted with human keloid implants in an athymic mouse model...
- Optical coherence tomographyAtul Kumar
Ophthalmology 115:417-8; author reply 418. 2008
- [Uveitic cystoid macular edema: intravitreal triamcinolone]M Feucht
Klinik und Poliklinik für Augenheilkunde des Universitätsklinikums Hamburg Eppendorf
Klin Monbl Augenheilkd 224:62-5. 2007Cystoid macular edema (CME) is the most frequent cause of severe loss of visual acuity in uveitis. Among the systemic corticosteroids and immunosuppressive agents, the local use of intravitreal triamcinolone acetate (TA) is evaluated.
- A pilot study of intrastricture steroid versus placebo injection after balloon dilatation of Crohn's stricturesJames E East
Wolfson Unit for Endoscopy, St Mark s Hospital, Harrow, Middlesex, United Kingdom
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 5:1065-9. 2007..Intrastricture steroid injection after balloon dilatation has been reported to reduce the need for repeat dilatation in retrospective series, but no randomized data are available...
- Reappraisal of astigmatism induced by periocular capillary hemangioma and treatment with intralesional corticosteroid injectionAvery H Weiss
Division of Ophthalmology, Children s Hospital and Regional Medical Center, Seattle, Washington 98105, USA
Ophthalmology 115:390-397.e1. 2008..To document refractive status and visual acuity before and after intralesional corticosteroid injection in children with astigmatism induced by periocular capillary hemangioma (PCH)...
- Comparative adrenocortical suppression in dogs with otitis externa following topical otic administration of four different glucocorticoid-containing medicationsC J Reeder
Animal Dermitology Clinic, Louisville, KY 40299, USA
Vet Ther 9:111-21. 2008..tended to have larger adrenocortical suppression compared with the other three formulations (betamethasone, triamcinolone, and mometasone), but the difference was not statistically significant...
- Cheilitis granulomatosa associated with Melkersson-Rosenthal syndromeDenise Utsch Gonçalves
Opthalmology, Otorhinolaryngology and Speech Therapy Department, UFMG Medical School, MG, Brazil
Braz J Otorhinolaryngol 73:132-3. 2007..She referred previous clinical treatments without success. We proposed intralesional injection of triamcinolone at 20 mg every 15 days associated with oral clofazimine at 50 mg/day for three months...
- A case of cystoid macular edema treated by intravitreal triamcinolone in a patient with systemic lupus erythematosisAbha Gupta
Manchester Royal Eye Hospital, Manchester, United Kingdom
Ann Ophthalmol (Skokie) 38:153-5. 2006We describe the use of intravitreal triamcinolone in the treatment of macular edema associated with systematic lupus erythematosus providing short-term resolution of cystoid macular edema and increase in visual acuity...
- Photodynamic therapy and intravitreal triamcinolone for extrafoveal choroidal neovascularization in neovascular age-related macular degenerationJonathan Etter
Albert Eye Research Institute, Duke University Eye Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Ann Ophthalmol (Skokie) 38:239-41. 2006..to neovascular age-related macular degeneration treated with photodynamic therapy (PDT) and intravitreal triamcinolone. Nine months following PDT and intravitreal triamcinolone, no ophthalmoscopic or angiographic evidence of ..
- Treatment of mild and severe burns with topical, oral, IM, and IV cortisoneRobert Fand
Conn Med 72:441. 2008
- Redox Determinants of Severe AsthmaSerpil C Erzurum; Fiscal Year: 2010..test our hypotheses through three site-specific aims which use the SARP collaborative network and Systemic Triamcinolone in Asthma Characterization (STAC) protocol...
- MECHANICAL STIMULATION OF IVD CELLSLori A Setton; Fiscal Year: 2013..bioactivity will be performed as in Aim 1, and also compared against corresponding values for corticosteroid (triamcinolone acetonide) to test for therapeutic potential against the current standard-of-care...
- Effect of Intra-Articular Steroids on Structural Progression of Knee OA: An RCTTimothy E McAlindon; Fiscal Year: 2013..by ultrasonography), into an adaptive 2-year randomized double-blind clinical trial of intra-articular triamcinolone 40 mg vs. placebo, every 3 months, administered with ultrasound guidance...
- Inflammation of Myofibroblasts and Loss of Elastic Recoil in Severe AsthmaSally E Wenzel; Fiscal Year: 2010..These changes will then be re-evaluated following the triamcinolone treatment...
- Severe Asthma From Respiratory InfectionsWilliam W Busse; Fiscal Year: 2010..To test this hypothesis, the Systemic Triamcinolone in Asthma Characterization study will be applied to subjects with severe asthma compared to well-controlled ..
- MUST Competitive RenewalMichael M Altaweel; Fiscal Year: 2013..Two trials would evaluate the efficacy and safety of intravitreal triamcinolone (Triessence) versus standard subtenons triamcinolone, and intravitreal ranibizumab versus intravitreal ..
- Redox disturbances and corticosteroid responses in children with severe asthmaANNE MENTRO FITZPATRICK; Fiscal Year: 2013..To test this hypothesis, the intramuscular corticosteroid, triamcinolone, will be administered to children with severe asthma from the metropolitan Atlanta area who remain symptomatic ..
- Bioequivalence of topical drug products: in vitro - in vivo correlationsAudra L Stinchcomb; Fiscal Year: 2013..A systematic examination of several key classes of topical drug products will be undertaken including, but not limited to lidocaine, triamcinolone acetonide, tretinoin, acyclovir and metronidazole.
- Vascular Remodeling and Effects of Angiogenic InhibitionPatricia Parsons Wingerter; Fiscal Year: 2006..other anti-VEGF inhibitors be deduced and quantified by region-based fractal analysis? Effects of the steriod triamcinolone acetonide will be quantified in the NPDR human retina and in another 2D, optically accessible tissue of ..
- Vacsular Remodeling and Effects of Angiogenic Inhibition in Diabetic RetinopathyPeter Kaiser; Fiscal Year: 2006..other anti-VEGF inhibitors be deduced and quantified by region-based fractal analysis? Effects of the steriod triamcinolone acetonide will be quantified in the NPDR human retina and in another 2D, optically accessible tissue of ..
- XANTHOPHYLL-MEDIATED RETINAL DRUG DELIVERYDennis Marcus; Fiscal Year: 2005..lutein and zeaxanthin will be chemically linked to ketorolac, a non-steroidal anti- inflammatory drug, or triamcinolone, a steroid...
- CHROMATIN-GLUCOCORTICOID INFLUENCES IN CLEFT PALATEISAAC BEKHOR; Fiscal Year: 1980..Our objectives include studies on the distribution of labeled triamcinolone acetonide in chromatin to look for the various binding sites for the labeled hormone both in active and ..
- Endothelial Transmigration Across the RPE BarrierMary Elizabeth Hartnett; Fiscal Year: 2005..Increased knowledge of the mechanisms that cause this destructive phenomenon may lead to future means to prevent CNV in the neurosensory retina, and thus, reduce vision loss in AMD. ..
- OCULAR PEMPHIGOID--MECHANISM OF PATHOGENESISA Ahmed; Fiscal Year: 2001..The immediate clinical impact of this research will be the generation and availability of highly specific and sensitive serological laboratory test for the early diagnosis of OCP. ..
- CYTOKINE DYSREGULATION, VIRUSES, AND CHILDHOOD ASTHMAROBERT LEMANSKE; Fiscal Year: 2001..The results of these studies will provide information that will be a major step forward in our understanding of the relative influence that genetic and environmental risk factors on the development of childhood asthma. ..
- ASTHMA CLINICAL RESEARCH NETWORKROBERT LEMANSKE; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- ASTHMA CLINICAL RESEARCH NETWORK (ACRN)Richard Martin; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- FEMALE SEXUAL AROUSAL: CLITORAL AND VAGINAL PHYSIOLOGYAbdulmaged Traish; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- ASTHMA CHRONOBIOLOGY: CENTRAL AND LUNG INTERACTIONSRichard Martin; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- CARE Network - Madison Clinical CenterROBERT LEMANSKE; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Treatment of Severe Persistent AsthmaROBERT LEMANSKE; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- OCULAR MELANOMAJudy Kim; Fiscal Year: 2003..Standardized clinical and data collection procedures will be employed, and standardized forms will be used in all centers. Central training and certification of all study staff will be required. ..
- Fibrogenic factors in ocular cicatricial pemphigoidA Ahmed; Fiscal Year: 2004..The studies have significant therapeutic potential. The identified molecules or portion of processes that mediate could be blocked or arrested, and this may result in cessation of disease progression and, prevention of blindness. ..
- Gene Delivery to the Trabecular MeshworkDouglas Rhee; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies would set the foundation for future evaluations of the function of MIF in the TM and MIF?s potential as a candidate for gene therapy for the treatment of glaucoma. ..
- IMMUNE MECHANISMS OF MIDDLE EAR DISEASEDavid Skoner; Fiscal Year: 2006..The primary hypothesis is that cytokine genotype is predictive of illness expression and of OM incidence during a documented RSV infection in young children. ..
- Apoptosis in Retinal DetachmentsDavid Zacks; Fiscal Year: 2006..This will allow us to develop and test new neuroprotective therapies for improving visual outcomes in retinal disease. ..
- The Effect of Mycoplasma on Chronic AsthmaRichard Martin; Fiscal Year: 2008..pneumoniae and asthma will be obtained through this PPG and will ultimately give new knowledge to the understanding of asthma pathophysiology and potential future novel therapies. ..
- Innovative Investigations and Therapies for AsthmaRichard Martin; Fiscal Year: 2007..The ability to predict who will and will not respond to corticosteroids and additive therapy will greatly improve our ability to treat asthma effectively. ..
- Micromass Quattro API TSQ For LC-MS/MS QuantitationWalter Hubbard; Fiscal Year: 2002..of phospholipids and products of phospholipid metabolism, fatty acid acyl conjugates of hydrocortisone and triamcinolone acetonide (TAA), neuropeptides, endogenous levels of hydrocortisone and cortisone in nasal and bronchoalveolar ..