Genomes and Genes
Summary: An ester of TESTOSTERONE with a propionate substitution at the 17-beta position.
Publications220 found, 100 shown here
- Prochloraz inhibits testosterone production at dosages below those that affect androgen-dependent organ weights or the onset of puberty in the male Sprague Dawley ratChad R Blystone
Department of Environmental and Molecular Toxicology, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina 27695, USA
Toxicol Sci 97:65-74. 2007....
- Prenatal androgen exposure leads to alterations in gene and protein expression in the ovine fetal ovaryKirsten Hogg
Centre for Reproductive Biology, The Queen s Medical Research Institute, 47 Little France Crescent, Edinburgh EH16 4SA, UK
Endocrinology 152:2048-59. 2011..Female fetuses were collected from ewes treated with 100 mg testosterone propionate (TP) or vehicle control (C), twice weekly from d 60 to 70 (C = 3, TP = 6) or d 90 (C = 6, TP = 8)...
- Experimentally induced gestational androgen excess disrupts glucoregulation in rhesus monkey dams and their female offspringDavid H Abbott
Wisconsin National Primate Research Center, University of Wisconsin, Madison, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 299:E741-51. 2010..time-mated, gravid rhesus monkeys with female fetuses, of which nine gravid females received 15 mg of testosterone propionate (TP) subcutaneously daily from 40 to 80 days (first to second trimesters) of gestation [term, mean (range)..
- Enhanced thecal androgen production is prenatally programmed in an ovine model of polycystic ovary syndromeKirsten Hogg
Medical Research Council, Centre for Reproductive Health, The Queen s Medical Research Institute, 47 Little France Crescent, Edinburgh EH16 4SA, United Kingdom
Endocrinology 153:450-61. 2012..Pregnant Scottish Greyface ewes were administered 100 mg testosterone propionate (TP) or vehicle control twice weekly from d 62 to 102 of gestation, and female offspring (TP = 9, control ..
- Amelioratory effects of testosterone propionate supplement on behavioral, biochemical and morphological parameters in aged ratsRui Cui
Department of Neurobiology, Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang 050017, PR China
Exp Gerontol 47:67-76. 2012..DAT) of NSDA system were examined in aged male rats following chronic subcutaneous injections of testosterone propionate (TP)...
- The effects of chronic administration of testosterone propionate with or without estradiol on the sexual behavior and plasma steroid levels of aged female ratsSherri Lee Jones
Center for Studies in Behavioral Neurobiology, Department of Psychology, Concordia University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4B 1R6
Endocrinology 153:5928-39. 2012..Here we examined the effect of chronic treatment with testosterone propionate (TP) administered by a sc SILASTIC brand capsule in aged ovary-intact female rats...
- Chronic testosterone propionate supplement could activated the Nrf2-ARE pathway in the brain and ameliorated the behaviors of aged ratsGuo Liang Zhang
Department of Neurobiology, Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang, Hebei 050017, PR China
Behav Brain Res 252:388-95. 2013..TH-ir) cells in brain were examined in aged rats following chronic subcutaneous injections of testosterone propionate (TP)...
- Developmental programming: impact of excess prenatal testosterone on intrauterine fetal endocrine milieu and growth in sheepAlmudena Veiga-Lopez
Department of Pediatrics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 5404, USA
Biol Reprod 84:87-96. 2011..Pregnant Suffolk sheep were administered either cottonseed oil (control) or testosterone propionate in cottonseed oil (100 mg, i.m. twice weekly), from Day 30 to Day 90 of gestation (term is ~147 d)...
- Developmental programming: deficits in reproductive hormone dynamics and ovulatory outcomes in prenatal, testosterone-treated sheepA Veiga-Lopez
Department of Pediatrics, and the Reproductive Sciences Program, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0404, USA
Biol Reprod 78:636-47. 2008....
- Interactive effects of vinclozolin and testosterone propionate on pregnancy and sexual differentiation of the male and female SD ratCynthia J Wolf
U S Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Research and Development, NHEERL, Reproductive Toxicology Division, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27711, USA
Toxicol Sci 78:135-43. 2004..In the current study, we administered V (gavage at 200 mg/kg/day) and/or testosterone propionate (TP, sc, at 1 mg/rat/day), alone and in combination to Sprague-Dawley (SD) rats on days 14 through 19 of ..
- Short-term exposure to testosterone propionate leads to rapid bill color and dominance changes in zebra finchesDaniel R Ardia
Department of Biology, Franklin and Marshall College, Lancaster, PA 17604, USA
Horm Behav 58:526-32. 2010..We tested whether a single injection of testosterone propionate (TP) would influence male-male dominance interactions and lead to rapid (over a three-day period) changes ..
- Effect of baicalein on experimental prostatic hyperplasia in rats and miceQing Long Guo
Department of Physiology, No 24 Tong Jia Xiang, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing, China
Biol Pharm Bull 27:333-7. 2004..Prostatic hyperplasia was induced by testosterone propionate in mice and castrated rats and by transplantation of homologous strain fetal mice urogenital sinus in ..
- Testosterone-stimulated weanlings as an alternative to castrated male rats in the Hershberger anti-androgen assayJ Ashby
Syngenta Central Toxicology Laboratory, Alderley Park, Macclesfield, Cheshire, SK10 4TJ, UK
Regul Toxicol Pharmacol 39:229-38. 2004..In the present paper we justify changing the assay protocol to use testosterone propionate (TP), in place of 17MT, as the stimulating androgen...
- Sex differences in adult suprachiasmatic nucleus neurons emerging late prenatally in ratsAlfonso Abizaid
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Eur J Neurosci 19:2488-96. 2004..These animals were also given injections of oil or testosterone propionate (10 mg/0.1 mL peanut oil) from E15 until parturition...
- [An experimental study(II) on the inhibition of prostatic hyperplasia by extract of seeds of Brassica alba]Guo Xin Wu
Bioengineering College, Fujian Normal University, Fuzhou 350007, Fujian, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 28:643-6. 2003..To study the active components and their functionary mechanism of the extract of Brassica alba seeds, which inhibits experimental mice prostatic hyperplasia...
- [Adjustive effect of yi qi tong lin chongji on the three growth factors in rats prostatic tissues]Zheng guo Mi
First Hospital, Shanxi Medical University, Taiyuan 030001, Shanxi, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 28:653-5. 2003..To study the mechanisim of Yi Qi Tong Lin Chingji in treating benign prostatic hyperplasia...
- Matrix metalloproteinases in the pathogenesis of estradiol-induced nonbacterial prostatitis in the lateral prostate lobe of the Wistar ratMichael J Wilson
Research Service, VA Medical Center, and Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55417, USA
Exp Mol Pathol 77:7-17. 2004..These proteinases may help mediate the accompanying epithelial atrophy and tissue damage in this organ...
- Androgen therapy in constitutional delay of growthMeir Lampit
Meyer Children s Hospital, Rambam Medical Center, Haifa, Israel
Horm Res 59:270-5. 2003..The present study was undertaken to prospectively compare both compounds and dose...
- During seminiferous tubule maturation testosterone and synergistic action of FSH with estradiol support germ cell survival while estradiol alone has pro-apoptotic effectRenata Walczak-Jedrzejowska
Department of Andrology, Medical University of Łódź, Łódź, Poland
Folia Histochem Cytobiol 45:S59-64. 2007..From postnatal day (PND) 5th to 15th male rats were daily injected with: 1) 2.5 mg of testosterone propionate (TP), or 2) 12.5 microg of 17beta-estradiol benzoate (EB), or 3) TP+EB, or 4) 7...
- Effects of androgens and estrogens on crowings and distress callings in male Japanese quail, Coturnix japonicaAtsuhiko Chiba
Life Science Institute, Sophia University, Chiyoda ku, Tokyo, Japan
Horm Behav 49:4-14. 2006..crows and distress calls, we injected quail daily from 11 to 42 days after hatching (Day 11 to 42) with testosterone propionate (TP), 5alpha-DHT, estradiol benzoate (EB) or vehicle and examined their calling behaviors both in a ..
- Testosterone undecanoate: a useful tool for testosterone administration in ratsF Callies
Department of Endocrinology, Medical University Hospital Wuerzburg, Wuerzburg, Germany
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 111:203-8. 2003..5 or 125 mg/kg body weight subcutaneously (s.c.) or vehicle; (4) ORX and testosterone propionate (Tprop) (10, 20, 40 mg/month) or vehicle as a single injection s.c...
- Newly proliferated cells in the adult male amygdala are affected by gonadal steroid hormonesChristie D Fowler
Department of Psychology, Program in Neuroscience, Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida 32306, USA
J Neurobiol 57:257-69. 2003..Treatment with testosterone propionate (TP) in castrated males resulted in plasma testosterone levels similar to males following mating...
- Transient up-regulation of a novel member of Spot 14 family in androgen-stimulated rat prostateNozomu Nishi
Department of Endocrinology, Faculty of Medicine, Kagawa University, 1750 1, Miki cho, Kita gun, Kagawa 761 0793, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1780:1004-9. 2008..Though the physiological role of SLAP remains to be clarified, the current results suggest that SLAP expression is associated with some growth-related processes in regrowing rat prostate...
- Effects of single versus combinatorial treatment strategies on beta II-tubulin gene expression in axotomized hamster rubrospinal motoneuronsTracey A DeLucia
Department of Cell Biology, Neurobiology, and Anatomy, Loyola University Chicago, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
Restor Neurol Neurosci 25:573-84. 2007..We have shown that systemic testosterone propionate (TP) treatment in combination with peripheral nerve grafting into a SCI site produces a peripheral-like ..
- Expression and regulation of lipocalin-type prostaglandin d synthase in rat testis and epididymisHui Zhu
College of Life Sciences, Northeast Agricultural University, Harbin 150030, China
Biol Reprod 70:1088-95. 2004..b>Testosterone propionate treatment induced a significant increase of L-PGDS expression in the epididymis of castrated rats...
- Equol is a novel anti-androgen that inhibits prostate growth and hormone feedbackTrent D Lund
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado 80524, USA
Biol Reprod 70:1188-95. 2004....
- Androgens increase spine synapse density in the CA1 hippocampal subfield of ovariectomized female ratsCsaba Leranth
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8063, USA
J Neurosci 24:495-9. 2004..Treatment of OVX rats with testosterone propionate (TP; 500 microg/d, s.c., 2 d) significantly increased spine synapse density (from 0.661 +/- 0...
- Glial fibrillary acidic protein expression in the hamster red nucleus: effects of axotomy and testosterone treatmentPaul D Storer
Department of Cell Biology, Neurobiology, and Anatomy, Loyola University Chicago, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
Exp Neurol 184:939-46. 2003b>Testosterone propionate (TP) administration coincident with facial nerve axotomy in the hamster attenuates glial fibrillary acidic protein (GFAP) expression in the facial nucleus that is normally increased following axotomy alone...
- Enhanced rat Hershberger assay appears reliable for detection of not only (anti-)androgenic chemicals but also thyroid hormone modulatorsTomoya Yamada
Environmental Health Science Laboratory, Sumitomo Chemical Company, Ltd, 3 1 98 Kasugade naka, Konohana ku, Osaka 554 8558, Japan
Toxicol Sci 79:64-74. 2004..Castrated or testosterone propionate (TP; 0.2 or 0...
- Therapeutic effect of ACTICOA powder, a cocoa polyphenolic extract, on experimentally induced prostate hyperplasia in Wistar-Unilever ratsJean François Bisson
ETAP Ethologie Appliquée, Centre de Recherche en Pharmacologie, Cancérologie and Pathologies Humaines et Nutrition Santé, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
J Med Food 10:628-35. 2007..This study investigated whether AP could improve established prostate hyperplasia using the same testosterone propionate (TP)-induced prostate hyperplasia model in rats...
- L-prostaglandin D synthase expression and regulation in mouse testis and epididymis during sexual maturation and testosterone treatment after castrationHui Zhu
College of Life Sciences, Northeast Agricultural University, Harbin 150030, China
Endocrine 24:39-45. 2004..Castrated male mice were treated with either vehicle or testosterone propionate following 3 d postcastration...
- Neonatal androgenization of hypogonadal (hpg) male mice does not abolish estradiol-induced FSH production and spermatogenesisMargaret O Nwagwu
School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Nottingham Medical School, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham NG7 2UH, UK
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 3:48. 2005..Previous studies have demonstrated that treatment of hpg mice with testosterone propionate in the immediate neonatal period is necessary to allow full reproductive behaviors to be expressed ..
- Inhibitory effect of all-trans retinoic acid on androgen-induced growth of mouse seminal vesicles in vivo and its mechanismHideki Sato
Department of Urology, Ehime University, School of Medicine, Ehime, Japan
Hum Exp Toxicol 24:467-74. 2005..b>Testosterone propionate (TP) alone or with ATRA was injected daily into adult castrated BALB/c mice...
- Effects of testosterone on leptin production in anterior pituitary cells of rats: an immunohistochemical studyI Kus
Department of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, Firat University, Elazig, Turkey
Arch Androl 53:79-82. 2007..Rats in group III were orchidectomized and injected daily with testosterone propionate for 1 month. At the end of the experimental period, all animals were sacrificed by decapitation...
- Differential proliferative response of the ventral prostate and seminal vesicle to testosterone replacementLuis A Justulin
Department of Cell Biology, Institute of Biology, State University of Campinas, UNICAMP, Campinas, SP, Brazil
Cell Biol Int 30:354-64. 2006..Adult male Wistar rats were castrated and, after 21 days, they were treated with testosterone propionate (4 mg/kg/day). Intact (CT) and castrated rats without TR (CS) were also analysed...
- Sex-specific control of flurothyl-induced tonic-clonic seizures by the substantia nigra pars reticulata during developmentLIBOR VELISEK
Department of Neurology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Exp Neurol 201:203-11. 2006..Although GABAergic inhibition in the SNR affects tonic-clonic seizures in developing rats, only the NMDA antagonist had consistent anticonvulsant effects throughout development...
- Differential effect of 7,12-dimethylbenz[a]anthracene on human and mouse CYP1B1 from livers of castrated transgenic miceDae Y Hwang
Laboratory Animal Resources Team, National Institute of Toxicological Research, Korea Food and Drug Administration, Seoul, Korea
Int J Toxicol 26:71-80. 2007..Thus, castrated transgenic males or in vitro system could be useful as models for the detection of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) or environmental toxicants by measuring either hCYP1B1 or mCYP1B1 expressions...
- Effects of castration and hormone replacement on male sexual behavior and pattern of expression in the brain of sex-steroid receptors in BALB/c AnN miceMarcela Arteaga-Silva
Departamento de Biologia de la Reproduccion, Universidad Autonoma Metropolitana Iztapalapa, AP 55535, Mexico, DF 09340, Mexico
Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol 147:607-15. 2007..course of decline of sexual behavior was studied, as well as the effects of daily treatment with either testosterone propionate (TP), estradiol benzoate (EB), or dihydrotestosterone propionate (PDHT)...
- [Effects of vasectomy on prostatic histomorphology and cell apoptosis in rats]Dian Jun Gao
Research Institute of Urology, Weifang Medical College, Weifang, Shandong 261042, China
Zhonghua Nan Ke Xue 12:1007-9. 2006..To detect the effects of vasectomy on the growth and apoptosis of prostatic tissue cells...
- Altered prostatic epithelial proliferation and apoptosis, prostatic development, and serum testosterone in mice lacking cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitorsMotoko Mukai
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, University of Illinois, Urbana, Illinois 61802, USA
Biol Reprod 73:951-8. 2005..Loss of p27 or of both p21 and p27 results in serum testosterone deficiency, complicating analysis of the prostatic effects of these cell-cycle regulators...
- Null effect of dietary restriction on prostate carcinogenesis in the Wistar-Unilever ratDavid L McCormick
Life Sciences Group, IIT Research Institute, Chicago, IL 60616, USA
Nutr Cancer 57:194-200. 2007..induced in male Wistar-Unilever rats by a sequential regimen of cyproterone acetate (50 mg/day; 21 days); testosterone propionate (100 mg/kg/day; 3 days); N-methyl-N-nitrosourea [MNU; 30 mg/kg; single dose]; and testosterone (..
- Functional genomics may allow accurate categorization of the benzimidazole fungicide benomyl: lack of ability to act via steroid-receptor-mediated mechanismsTomoya Yamada
Environmental Health Science Laboratory, Sumitomo Chemical Company, Ltd, Osaka, Japan
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 205:11-30. 2005..uterotrophic assay, and decreased weights of some androgen-related tissues of castrated rats receiving a testosterone propionate (TP, 0...
- Bisphenol A prevents the synaptogenic response to testosterone in the brain of adult male ratsCsaba Leranth
Department of Ob Gyn, Yale University School of Medicine, 333 Cedar Street, FMB 312, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Endocrinology 149:988-94. 2008..and sham-operated animals were treated with different combinations of bisphenol A (300 microg/kg), testosterone propionate (1.5 mg/kg), and sesame oil vehicle...
- Antiandrogenic effects in short-term in vivo studies of the fungicide fenarimolAnne Marie Vinggaard
Department of Toxicology and Risk Assessment, Danish Institute for Food and Veterinary Research, Mørkhøj Bygade 19, DK 2860 Søborg, Denmark
Toxicology 207:21-34. 2005..Thus, it is suggested that fenarimol mediates its antiandrogenic effects at least partly via antagonism of androgen receptors...
- Unexpected effects of perinatal gonadal hormone manipulations on sexual differentiation of the extrahypothalamic arginine-vasopressin system in prairie volesJoseph S Lonstein
Program in Neuroscience and Department of Psychology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan 48823, USA
Endocrinology 146:1559-67. 2005..Surprisingly, daily injections of 1000 microg of testosterone propionate (TP) during the first postnatal week did not maintain high levels of AVP-ir in neonatally castrated males...
- Androgen-regulated transcripts in the neonatal mouse testis as determined through microarray analysisQing Zhou
Center for Reproductive Biology, School of Molecular Biosciences, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington 99164, USA
Biol Reprod 72:1010-9. 2005..In the present study, neonatal male mice (8 days postpartum) treated by testosterone propionate (TP) were used to study androgen action in the testis as evidenced by alterations in gene expression...
- Evaluation of anti-androgenic activity of di-(2-ethylhexyl)phthalateThomas Stroheker
UMR 1234 Toxicologie Alimentaire, University of Burgundy INRA, 1 Esplanade Erasme, 21000 Dijon, France
Toxicology 208:115-21. 2005..the Hershberger assay with DEHP on an immature castrated rat model to check if DEHP antagonise the testosterone propionate androgenic effect on the accessory sex organs development...
- Acute actions of testosterone on contractile function of isolated rat ventricular myocytesKish L Golden
Department of Physiology, and Internal Medicine, Wayne State University and John D Dingell VA Medical Center, Detroit, MI 48 201, USA
Eur J Endocrinol 152:479-83. 2005....
- Prolonged exposure to reduced levels of androgen accelerates prostate cancer progression in Nkx3.1; Pten mutant miceWhitney Banach-Petrosky
Center for Advanced Biotechnology and Medicine, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, New Jersey, USA
Cancer Res 67:9089-96. 2007..We propose that exposure to reduced androgens may promote prostate tumorigenesis by selecting for molecular events that promote more aggressive, hormone-refractory tumors...
- [Influence of mild moxibustion on androgenic hormone in male rats with partial androgen deficiency]Ru xin Bai
Fujian College of Chinese Medicine, Fuzhou, China
Zhen Ci Yan Jiu 32:229-33, 236. 2007..To observe the effect of mild moxibustion on the reproductive endocrine in rats with partial androgen deficiency (PAD)...
- Evaluation of the antiandrogenic effects of flutamide, DDE, and linuron in the weanling rat assay using organ weight, histopathological, and proteomic approachesHelen Tinwell
Department of Research Toxicology, Bayer CropScience, 06903 Sophia Antipolis, France
Toxicol Sci 100:54-65. 2007..DDE) and linuron (LIN), were investigated in our laboratory at several dose levels in the testosterone propionate (TP)-stimulated weanling using flutamide (FM) as a positive control...
- [Effect of gender and neonatal androgenization on dendroarchitectonics of neurons in the dorsomedial nucleus of amygdala]A V Akhmadeev
Morfologiia 129:30-3. 2006..In adult females, androgenized neonatally by injection of 1250 mg of testosterone propionate on their postnatal day 5, the neuronal characteristics were different from those in normal females, and ..
- Correlation of clinical, endocrine and molecular abnormalities with in vivo responses to high-dose testosterone in patients with partial androgen insensitivity syndromeD G Tincello
MRC Reproductive Biology Unit, Centre for Reproductive Biology, Edinburgh, UK
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 46:497-506. 1997....
- Induction of proliferative lesions of ventral prostate, seminal vesicle, and other accessory sex glands in rats by N-methyl-N-nitrosourea: effect of castration, pretreatment with cyproterone acetate and testosterone propionate and rat strainM C Bosland
Department of Biological Toxicology, TNO CIVO Toxicology and Nutrition Institute, Zeist, The Netherlands
Prostate 20:339-53. 1992..F344 or Sprague-Dawley rats were sequentially treated with cyproterone acetate (CA) for 21 days, testosterone propionate (TP) for 3 days, followed by a single i.v. injection of N-methyl-N-nitrosourea (MNU)...
- [Simultaneous determination of seven sex hormones in fish products using ultra performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry]Aizhi Zhang
Ningbo Academy of Product Quality Supervision and Inspection, Ningbo 315041, China
Se Pu 28:190-6. 2010..and highly sensitive method for the determination of seven sex hormones (norgestrel, methyltestosterone, testosterone propionate, medroxyprogesterone acetate, megestrol acetate, chlormadinone acetate, and nandrolone) residues in fish ..
- Neonatal administration of FSH increases Sertoli cell numbers and spermatogenesis in gonadotropin-deficient (hpg) miceJ Singh
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Royal Prince Alfred Hospita, University of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
J Endocrinol 151:37-48. 1996..5 IU/20 microliters) or saline once daily for 14 days, with or without a single dose of testosterone propionate (TP) (100 micrograms/20 microliters arachis oil) or human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) (1 IU/20 ..
- Postnatal androgenization induces premature aging of rat ovariesA Bukovsky
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Tennessee Medical Center, Graduate School of Medicine, Knoxville, TN, USA
Steroids 65:190-205. 2000In the present paper, we report that ovaries of adult rats treated with testosterone propionate (TP) on a critical postnatal Day 5 exhibit histologic and immunohistochemical findings which resemble those of the anovulatory ovaries in ..
- Multivariate optimization of a derivatisation procedure for the simultaneous determination of nine anabolic steroids by gas chromatography coupled with mass spectrometryY Hadef
Laboratoire de Chimie Analytique, Departement de Pharmacie, Faculte de Medecine, Universite Badji Mokhtar, BP 205, 23000 Annaba, Algeria
J Chromatogr A 1190:278-85. 2008..Nine anabolic steroids (androsterone (A), nandrolone, estradiol, testosterone propionate, nandrolone-17 propionate, dydrogesterone, testosterone, epitestosterone, boldenone) and alpha-cholestane ..
- Testosterone implanted in the preoptic area of male Japanese quail must be aromatized to activate copulationJ T Watson
Department of Psychology, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853
Horm Behav 23:432-47. 1989..In this species, implantation of pellets of testosterone propionate (TP) or estradiol benzoate (EB) in the POA of castrated males restores male-typical copulatory behavior...
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone binding sites in ovaries of normal cycling and persistent-estrus ratsK Koves
U S Japan Biomedical Research Laboratories, Tulane University Hebert Center, Belle Chase, Louisiana 70037
Biol Reprod 41:505-11. 1989..Persistent estrus was induced either by neonatal administration of testosterone propionate (1.25 mg s.c...
- Evaluation of Ki-67 antigen expression in the zona reticularis of the adrenal cortex of female rats in persistent estrusBenedito Borges da Silva
Department of Gynecology, Federal University of Piaui, Teresina, Piaui, Brazil
Hum Reprod 24:705-9. 2009..Our aim was to evaluate the proliferative activity in the zona reticularis cells of the adrenal cortex of female rats in persistent estrus, a model developed to mimic PCOS...
- Critical androgen-sensitive periods of rat penis and clitoris developmentMichelle Welsh
MRC Human Reproductive Sciences Unit, Centre for Reproductive Biology, The Queen s Medical Research Institute, Edinburgh, UK
Int J Androl 33:e144-52. 2010..Thus, pregnant rats were treated with flutamide during the MPW +/- postnatal testosterone propionate (TP) treatment...
- Expression of axon guidance molecules and their related genes during development and sexual differentiation of the olfactory bulb in ratsT Y Tsim
Department of Physiology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, N T, Hong Kong
Neuroscience 123:951-65. 2004..study, transcriptions of these genes were examined in the olfactory bulb of female, male and neonatal testosterone propionate-treated female rats at the ages of 2, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 and 45 days...
- Successful treatment of anabolic steroid-induced azoospermia with human chorionic gonadotropin and human menopausal gonadotropinDev Kumar Menon
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Malaya Medical Centre, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Fertil Steril 79:1659-61. 2003....
- Testosterone prevents the heat shock-induced overactivation of glycogen synthase kinase-3 beta but not of cyclin-dependent kinase 5 and c-Jun NH2-terminal kinase and concomitantly abolishes hyperphosphorylation of tau: implications for Alzheimer's diseaseSozos Ch Papasozomenos
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Texas Houston Medical School, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:1140-5. 2002..rats (n = 75) received daily injections of 10 microg of 17 beta-estradiol benzoate (EB), or 250 microg of testosterone propionate (TP), or both EB and TP, or sesame oil (SO) vehicle for 4-6 weeks...
- Evaluation of the rodent Hershberger bioassay: testing of coded chemicals and supplementary molecular-biological and biochemical investigationsA Freyberger
Bayer HealthCare AG, Pharmaceuticals, GDD Toxicology, D 42096, Wuppertal, Germany
Toxicology 239:77-88. 2007..Test compounds included trenbolone (TREN; 1.5, 40 mg/kg), testosterone propionate (TP; 0...
- Sexually dimorphic activation of galanin neurones in the ferret's dorsomedial preoptic area/anterior hypothalamus after matingJ Bakker
Department of Biology, Boston University, Boston, MA, USA
J Neuroendocrinol 14:116-25. 2002..Exposure of castrated, testosterone propionate-treated male ferrets to either soiled bedding or to volatile odours from oestrous females failed to ..
- Null activity of selenium and vitamin e as cancer chemopreventive agents in the rat prostateDavid L McCormick
Life Sciences Research, IIT Research Institute, 10 West 35th Street, Chicago, IL 60616, USA
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 3:381-92. 2010..of prostate epithelial cell proliferation by a sequential regimen of cyproterone acetate followed by testosterone propionate, male Wistar-Unilever rats received a single i.v...
- [Study on simultaneous determination method for banded synthesis hormones residues in egg products]Quanlin Wang
Ningbo Academy of Product Quality Supervision and Inspection, Ningbo 315041, China
Wei Sheng Yan Jiu 38:740-6. 2009..To develop method of 7 banded synthesis sex hormones residues in egg products determined by ultra performance liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry (UPLC-MS/MS)...
- Induction of skin and thyroid tumors in male rats by N-methyl-N-nitrosourea after sequential treatment with cyproterone acetate and testosterone propionate: effects of castration, rat strain and time of carcinogen injectionM C Bosland
Department of Biological Toxicology, TNO CIVO Toxicology and Nutrition Institute, Zeist, The Netherlands
Carcinogenesis 13:669-74. 1992..of N-methyl-N-nitrosourea (MNU) after sequential treatment with cyproterone acetate (for 21 days) and testosterone propionate (for 3 days)...
- Gender-related differences in mouse hepatic ethanol metabolismRitsuko Kishimoto
Faculty of Nutrition, Kobe Gakuin University, Japan
J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo) 48:216-24. 2002..45 mmol/kg body weight testosterone propionate (testosterone) in olive oil, respectively, and changes in the activity of enzymes related to the hepatic ..
- Vaginal application of testosterone: A study on pharmacokinetics and the sexual response in healthy volunteersMirjam Apperloo
Department of Gynecology, University Hospital Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Sex Med 3:541-9. 2006..Nevertheless, the role of androgens in female sexual functioning is not yet unraveled. Even less is known about changes in androgens and the female sexual response...
- Effect of sex steroids and coital experience on ferrets' preference for the smell, sight and sound of conspecificsKevin Kelliher
Department of Biology, Boston University, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Physiol Behav 76:1-7. 2002..Sexually naive, gonadectomized male and female ferrets that received either testosterone propionate (TP) or estradiol benzoate (EB) spent equal time in proximity to goal boxes that provided either volatile ..
- The effects of testosterone propionate and methenolone enanthate on the healing of humeral osteotomies in the Wistar ratM Frankle
University of South Florida, Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, Tampa 33612
J Invest Surg 3:93-113. 1990..0/1.0) testosterone propionate (tp), compared to a control, Group C, cottonseed oil (co), affected midhumeral osteotomy healing in 100 ..
- Anthocyanin extracted from black soybean reduces prostate weight and promotes apoptosis in the prostatic hyperplasia-induced rat modelHoon Jang
Department of Urology, The Catholic University of Korea College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Agric Food Chem 58:12686-91. 2010..Prostate hyperplasia was induced by the administration of testosterone propionate for 4 weeks. Following BPH induction, the anthocyanin-treated groups received the compound for 4 weeks...
- Alterations in glial fibrillary acidic protein (GFAP) mRNA levels in the hamster facial motor nucleus: effects of axotomy and testosteroneK J Jones
Department of Cell Biology, Neurobiology and Anatomy, Loyola University, Chicago, Maywood, Illinois 60153, USA
Neurochem Res 22:1359-66. 1997b>Testosterone propionate (TP) administered at the time of facial nerve injury in the hamster accelerates the rate of regeneration...
- Testicular masculinization of vocal behavior in juvenile female Xenopus laevis reveals sensitive periods for song duration, rate, and frequency spectraJ T Watson
Department of Biological Sciences, Sherman Fairchild Center for the Life Sciences, Columbia University, New York, NY 10027
J Comp Physiol A 171:343-50. 1992..adult males and females were gonadectomized and implanted with testes or silicone tubes containing testosterone propionate. When tested for vocal behavior 10 to 15 months after implantation, 8/10 androgen-treated males, 3/12 ..
- Sexual differentiation of aromatase activity in the rat brain: effects of perinatal steroid exposureC E Roselli
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland 97201 3098, USA
Endocrinology 139:3193-201. 1998..We examined the effect of pre- and postnatal treatment with testosterone propionate or diethylstilbestrol on basal levels and androgen responsiveness of aromatase in adults...
- Androgen selectively stimulates follicle-stimulating hormone-beta mRNA levels after gonadotropin-releasing hormone antagonist administrationM E Wierman
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver
Biol Reprod 42:563-71. 1990..Subgroups of animals received either estradiol benzoate (E) (10 micrograms/100 g BW/day) or testosterone propionate (T) (500 micrograms/100 g BW/day) for the last 7 days to assess the effects of reintroduction of gonadal ..
- Effects of withdrawal from anabolic androgenic steroids on aggression in adult male ratsMarilyn Y McGinnis
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Physiol Behav 75:541-9. 2002In gonadally intact male rats, chronic exposure to high levels of testosterone propionate (TP) increases aggression, nandrolone (ND) has little effect and stanozolol (ST) suppresses aggression...
- Differential effects of flutamide and di-(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate on male reproductive organs in a rat modelThuy T B Vo
Laboratory of Veterinary Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Chungbuk National University, Chungbuk, Korea
J Reprod Dev 55:400-11. 2009..In the present study, pregnant Sprague Dawley (SD) rats were treated with testosterone propionate (TP), flutamide (Flu) and di-(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate (DEHP) from gestation days (GD) 11 to 21...
- Effects of acute and chronic gonadectomy on the catecholamine innervation of the cerebral cortex in adult male rats: insensitivity of axons immunoreactive for dopamine-beta-hydroxylase to gonadal steroids, and differential sensitivity of axons immunoreactM F Kritzer
Department of Neurobiology and Behavior, SUNY at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, New York 11794 5230, USA
J Comp Neurol 427:617-33. 2000..dopamine-beta-hydroxylase-immunoreactive) were also quantified in gonadectomized rats supplemented with testosterone propionate, with 17-beta-estradiol, or with 5-alpha-dihydrotestosterone...
- Role of androgens in fetal testis development and dysgenesisHayley M Scott
Medical Research Council Human Reproductive Sciences Unit, Centre for Reproductive Biology, The Queen s Medical Research Institute, 47 Little France Crescent, Edinburgh EH16 4TJ, UK
Endocrinology 148:2027-36. 2007..rats were administered treatments or cotreatments designed to manipulate testosterone levels [DBP, testosterone propionate (TP)] or action [flutamide, 7,12-dimethyl-benz[a]anthracene (DMBA)]...
- In vitro and in vivo effects of 17beta-trenbolone: a feedlot effluent contaminantVickie S Wilson
US Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Research and Development, National Health and Environmental Effects Research Laboratory, Reproductive Toxicology Division, MD 72, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27711, USA
Toxicol Sci 70:202-11. 2002..In the Hershberger assay (in vivo), TB was as potent as testosterone propionate in tissues that lack 5alpha-reductase but less effective at increasing weight of tissues with this enzyme...
- Antifertility effects of estradiol in adult male ratsM K Gill-Sharma
Department of Neuroendocrinology, Institute for Research in Reproduction ICMR, Parel, Mumbai, India
J Endocrinol Invest 24:598-607. 2001..Estradiol withdrawal, testosterone propionate at 100 pg/kg/day or antiestrogen (tamoxifen citrate) at 400 microg/kg/day prevented the histological ..
- Effects of estrogen, androgen, and phytoestrogen on retrieving and licking behaviors in nulliparous and male ratsMariko Sakai
Neuroendocrinology, Department of Human Behavior and Environment Sciences, School of Human Sciences, Waseda University, 2 579 15, Mikajima, Tokorozawa, Saitama 359 1192, Japan
Zoolog Sci 24:894-8. 2007..induced by exposure to fresh pups in ovariectomized nulliparous rats, 1 mg estradiol benzoate (EB), 1 mg testosterone propionate (TP), 1 mg coumestrol (CM), or oil (female control) was injected subcutaneously daily for 10 days...
- Hair analysis and detectability of single dose administration of androgenic steroid estersJ Segura
Pharmacology Research Unit, Institut Municipal d Investigacio Medica, Barcelona, Spain
Forensic Sci Int 107:347-59. 2000..of 250 mg testosterone enanthate (five subjects), a single intramuscular coadministration of 25 mg testosterone propionate plus 110 mg testosterone enanthate (one subject), or a single oral administration of 120 mg testosterone ..
- Testosterone treatment attenuates the effects of facial nerve transection on glial fibrillary acidic protein (GFAP) levels in the hamster facial motor nucleusSusanna Coers
Department of Cell Biology, Neurobiology, and Anatomy, Stritch School of Medicine, Loyola University of Chicago, Maywood, Illinois 60153, USA
Metab Brain Dis 17:55-63. 2002b>Testosterone propionate (TP) administration coincident with facial nerve injury accelerates the recovery rate from facial muscle paralysis in the hamster...
- Evaluation of the rodent Hershberger bioassay on intact juvenile males--testing of coded chemicals and supplementary biochemical investigationsA Freyberger
Bayer Schering Pharma AG, GDD GED General Toxicology, Aprather Weg 18, D 42096 Wuppertal, Germany
Toxicology 262:114-20. 2009..Compounds were administered for 10 consecutive days by gavage to testosterone propionate (TP, 1 mg/kgs.c.)-supplemented rats...
- A comparison of in vitro and in vivo EDSTAC test battery results for detecting antiandrogenic activityGrantley D Charles
Toxicology and Environmental Research and Consulting, The Dow Chemical Company, Midland, MI 48674, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 202:108-20. 2005..4 mg/kg per day (sc) of testosterone propionate (TP)...
- Chemoprevention of hormone-dependent prostate cancer in the Wistar-Unilever ratD L McCormick
Experimental Toxicology and Carcinogenesis Division, IIT Research Institute, Chicago, Ill 60616, USA
Eur Urol 35:464-7. 1999..the Wistar-Unilever (WU) rat by sequential treatment with antiandrogen (cyproterone acetate), androgen (testosterone propionate), and direct-acting chemical carcinogen (N-methyl-N-nitrosourea), followed by chronic androgen ..
- The regulation by thyroid hormones and androgen of epidermal growth factor synthesis in the submandibular gland and its plasma concentrations in miceS Kasayama
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Biology, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
J Endocrinol 121:269-75. 1989..b>Testosterone propionate was administered alone or in combination with L-thyroxine (T4) to female mice for 2 weeks...
- Influence of dexamethasone, progesterone, gonadotropin-releasing hormone, and testosterone on estrous behavior of estradiol-treated ovariectomized heifersR D Allrich
Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907
J Dairy Sci 72:2707-11. 1989..5 mg estradiol benzoate and .4 mg GnRH; and 6) .5 mg estradiol benzoate and 12.5 mg testosterone propionate. The ...
- The effects of neonatal castration on the subsequent behavioural response to centrally administered arginine vasopressin and the expression of V1a receptors in adult male prairie volesB S Cushing
Department of Biology, University of Maryland, College Park, MD, USA
J Neuroendocrinol 15:1021-6. 2003..In addition, 2 weeks before testing, one group of neonatally castrated males received an implant of testosterone propionate (NEOCAST + TP)...
- Diethylstilbestrol potentiates and testosterone antagonizes the action of 3-methylcholanthrene on benzo(a)pyrene metabolism in Hep G2 cellsS M Moore
Department of Environmental Health Sciences, University of Alabama, Birmingham 35294
J Biochem Toxicol 5:237-43. 1990..3-Methylcholanthrene, diethylstilbestrol, testosterone propionate, and combinations of 3-methylcholanthrene, and each of the hormones were added directly to the culture ..
- Parental responsiveness is feminized after neonatal castration in virgin male prairie voles, but is not masculinized by perinatal testosterone in virgin femalesJoseph S Lonstein
Center for Neuroendocrine Studies, University of Massachusetts, Tobin Hall, Amherst, Massachusetts 01003, USA
Horm Behav 41:80-7. 2002..In a second experiment, females were exposed to testosterone propionate (TP; 50 microg/day/dam) or oil via their dam during the last 2 weeks of gestation...
- Androgens and environmental antiandrogens affect reproductive development and play behavior in the Sprague-Dawley ratA K Hotchkiss
Department of Zoology, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
Environ Health Perspect 110:435-9. 2002..In comparison, administration of testosterone propionate to pregnant females, at doses that doubled fetal female testosterone levels, did masculinize the ..
- Testosterone augments neuronal Fos responses to estrous odors throughout the vomeronasal projection pathway of gonadectomized male and female ratsR G Paredes
Centro de Neurobiologia, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Mexico City, DF
Horm Behav 33:48-57. 1998..these neuronal Fos responses to estrous odors occurred only in gonadectomized subjects which received testosterone propionate (TP), as opposed to oil vehicle, at the time of testing...
- Effects of steroid 5alpha-reductase inhibitor ONO-9302 and anti-androgen allylestrenol on the prostatic growth, and plasma and prostatic hormone levels in ratsN Yasuda
Discovery Research Laboratories, Ono Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Osaka, Japan
Jpn J Pharmacol 74:243-52. 1997..The growth of ventral prostate, which was induced by the subcutaneous injection of testosterone propionate in the castrated rats, was significantly reduced by ONO-9302 at oral doses of 1-100 mg/kg/day...
- Regulation of the pituitary 5 alpha-reductase activity by gonadotropin releasing hormone and testosterone in the adult male ratH Vanderstichele
Laboratory of Normal and Pathological Physiology, University of Gent, Belgium
J Steroid Biochem 35:575-81. 1990..In some series, 1 mg testosterone propionate was administered alone, or in combination with goserelin or Org 30276...
- Effects of pharmacologic androgen treatment duration on glucocorticoid receptor alpha immunoreactivity of lumbosacral motor neurons in the male ratC E Blanco
Department of Biokinesiology and Physical Therapy, University of Southern California, 1540 E Alcazar Street, CHP Los Angeles, CA 155 90089, USA
Neuroscience 115:941-9. 2002..testosterone levels were chronically increased by subcutaneous Silastic capsules containing crystalline testosterone propionate (TP) for 7, 14, and 28 days. Age-matched sham-operated gonadally intact males served as controls...
- STEROID HORMONES AND NEURONAL REGENERATIONKathryn Jones; Fiscal Year: 2001DESCRIPTION: The investigator has identified a role for testosterone propionate (TP) in enhancing neuronal regeneration of the crushed facial nerve in adult hamsters...
- CHEMICAL INDUCTION OF PROSTATIC ADENOCARCINOMASMaarten Bosland; Fiscal Year: 1993..The approach consists of sequential treatment with cyproterone acetate (CA) and testosterone propionate (TP) which leads to a wave of cell proliferation in the prostate...
- EFFICACY STUDIES OF CHEMOPREVENTIVE AGENTSDavid McCormick; Fiscal Year: 1999..One day after the last cyproterone acetate dose animals receive a single s.c. injection of testosterone propionate at 100 mg/kg body weight. Sixty hours after the testosterone injection the animals are being inoculated i...
- EFFECTS OF CYCLOSPORINE ON MALE REPRODUCTIONSEETHALAKSHMI LAXMANAN; Fiscal Year: 1991..All the effects were dose dependent and were manifested within two weeks. The administration of testosterone propionate restored reproductive organ weights but not spermatogenesis, whereas withdrawal of the drug reversed the ..
- Subcortical Estrogen Effect on The HippocampusCsaba Leranth; Fiscal Year: 2005..cholinergic and GABAergic septo-hippocampal neurons involved in mediating estrogenic effect to the hippocampus? and (d) Do SUM neurons mediate estrogenic effect to the hippocampus directly or indirectly, via the MSDB? ..
- Estrogenic Effect on Hippocampal Theta Rhythm and MemoryCsaba Leranth; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Negative Effects of Bisphenol A on the Monkey CNSCsaba Leranth; Fiscal Year: 2008..Therefore, we propose to reveal the effect of BPA on estrogen-induced spine synapse formation in the brain of non-human primates, which will provide more relevance to human health. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Androgenic And Antiandorgenic Interactions Of PC-SPESCHARLES ROSELLI; Fiscal Year: 2002..Specific Aim 3: To evaluate the effect of PCSPES on Cytochrome P450-mediated metabolism of androgenic and antiandrogenic drugs by the liver, in order to identify possible interactions of PC-SPES with other hormone therapies. ..
- HORMONES AND BEHAVIORAL DEVELOPMENTBRUCE CUSHING; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- CNS Estrogen Receptors and Social BehaviorBRUCE CUSHING; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Pheromone detection and processing in miceKevin Kelliher; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- ANDROGENIZED FEMALE AS A MODEL FOR P0LYCYSTIC OVARIAN SYDavid Abbott; Fiscal Year: 2002..Such results would offer novel insights into the origin and mechanism of PCOS, and would provide a unifying determinant for a multifactorial syndrome. ..
- NEURAL AND BEHAVIORAL ACTIONS OF ANABOLIC STEROIDSAnn Clark; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- AAS and the Neurobiology of Social BehaviorsAnn Clark; Fiscal Year: 2009..Such data may be relevant towards understanding not only the effects of AAS, but of other abused drugs that act via GABAergic pathways. ..
- TESTOSTERONE EFFECTS ON DIAPHRAGM MUSCLE FATIGUECesar Blanco; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- DIFFERENTIATION OF SEXUAL BEHAVIORMichael Baum; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- NEUROBIOLOGY OF RELAPSE INDUCED BY STRESS AND DRUGSJane Stewart; Fiscal Year: 2001..Further characterization of the relapse processes in our preclinical model may lead to a better understanding of relapse to drug taking and to the development of medications to prevent relapse in humans. ..
- Contribution of Estradiol to Female Neural DevelopmentMichael Baum; Fiscal Year: 2009..Affirmation of a perinatal role for estradiol in brain sexual differentiation in female mice would raise the question of whether estradiol plays a similar role in female-typical psychosexual differentiation in women. ..
- Steroid-mediated differentation of the perinatal POASTUART AMATEAU; Fiscal Year: 2005..Pharmacological manipulations and the use of antisense oligodeoxynucleotides will explore the roles of prostaglandin E2 and the activation of their cognate receptors in this signal transduction mechanism. ..
- PRENATAL ALCOHOL EXPOSURE AND PREMATURE AGINGROBERT MC GIVERN; Fiscal Year: 2002..A potential relationship between prenatal exposure to subteratogenic levels of ethanol and an accelerated rate of aging has broad implications for NIH with regard to treatment, health education, and clinical services. ..
- BEHAVIORAL DEVELOPMENT--PRENATAL HORMONAL INFLUENCESKim Wallen; Fiscal Year: 2002..The combination of these efforts will allow the PI to expand his research into new areas, while increasing his understanding of its relevance to important human mental health conditions. ..
- The effects of androgens on calcium homeostasis in card*Kish Golden; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of these experiments will shed light into the role of androgens in regulating cardiac contractile function...
- Female sexuality: modulation by estrogen and androgenKim Wallen; Fiscal Year: 2005..These therapies will also be compared on their effects on neuroendocrine function. These studies will markedly increase our understanding of the role that ovarian steroids play in modulating women's sexuality. ..
- Effects of Androgens and Cannabinoids on LearningSTUART LEONARD; Fiscal Year: 2005..These results will provide, for the first time, information regarding the interactive effects of testosterone and THC on cognitive behavior. ..
- Prenatal Corticosteroid Impact on HippocampusLIBOR VELISEK; Fiscal Year: 2004..The data of this proposal will be critical for determining long-term adverse effects of multiple course prenatal corticosteroid therapy and for the ameliorating these effects in the offspring. ..
- SEXUAL DIMORPHISM IN SEIZURE CONTROLJANA VELISKOVA; Fiscal Year: 2002..Rats of both sexes and various ages will be used. These studies may lead to the development of new antiepileptic treatments that take into the account sexual age-related differences. ..