Genomes and Genes
Summary: A potent, long-acting synthetic SOMATOSTATIN octapeptide analog that inhibits secretion of GROWTH HORMONE and is used to treat hormone-secreting tumors; DIABETES MELLITUS; HYPOTENSION, ORTHOSTATIC; HYPERINSULINISM; hypergastrinemia; and small bowel fistula.
Publications346 found, 100 shown here
- Placebo-controlled, double-blind, prospective, randomized study on the effect of octreotide LAR in the control of tumor growth in patients with metastatic neuroendocrine midgut tumors: a report from the PROMID Study GroupAnja Rinke
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Endocrinology, Institute of Medical Biometry and Epidemiology, Philipps University, Marburg, Germany
J Clin Oncol 27:4656-63. 2009..We performed a placebo-controlled, double-blind, phase IIIB study in patients with well-differentiated metastatic midgut NETs. The hypothesis was that octreotide LAR prolongs time to tumor progression and survival.
- Everolimus plus octreotide long-acting repeatable for the treatment of advanced neuroendocrine tumours associated with carcinoid syndrome (RADIANT-2): a randomised, placebo-controlled, phase 3 studyMarianne E Pavel
Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin Campus Virchow Klinikum, Berlin, Germany
Lancet 378:2005-12. 2011..We aimed to assess the combination of everolimus plus octreotide long-acting repeatable (LAR) in patients with low-grade or intermediate-grade neuroendocrine tumours (carcinoid).
- Treatment with the radiolabeled somatostatin analog [177 Lu-DOTA 0,Tyr3]octreotate: toxicity, efficacy, and survivalDik J Kwekkeboom
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Erasmus Medical Center, Dr Molewaterplein 40, 3015 GD Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 26:2124-30. 2008..Here we report on the toxicity and efficacy of this treatment, performed in over 500 patients...
- Efficacy of RAD001 (everolimus) and octreotide LAR in advanced low- to intermediate-grade neuroendocrine tumors: results of a phase II studyJames C Yao
Department of Gastrointestinal Medical Oncology, Unit 426, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:4311-8. 2008Evaluate the activity of everolimus (RAD001) in combination with octreotide long-acting repeatable (LAR) in patients with advanced low- to intermediate-grade neuroendocrine tumors.
- Meta-analysis on the effects of octreotide on tumor mass in acromegalyAndrea Giustina
Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, University of Brescia, Montichiari Hospital, Brescia, Italy
PLoS ONE 7:e36411. 2012The long-acting somatostatin analogue octreotide is used either as an adjuvant or primary therapy to lower growth hormone (GH) levels in patients with acromegaly and may also induce pituitary tumor shrinkage.
- Cohort study of somatostatin-based radiopeptide therapy with [(90)Y-DOTA]-TOC versus [(90)Y-DOTA]-TOC plus [(177)Lu-DOTA]-TOC in neuroendocrine cancersLinda Villard
University Hospital Basel, Petersgraben 4, CH 4031 Basel, Switzerland
J Clin Oncol 30:1100-6. 2012..Radiopeptide therapy is commonly performed with a single radioisotope. We aimed to compare the effectiveness of somatostatin-based radiopeptide therapy with a single versus a combination of radioisotopes...
- Response, survival, and long-term toxicity after therapy with the radiolabeled somatostatin analogue [90Y-DOTA]-TOC in metastasized neuroendocrine cancersAnna Imhof
Institute of Nuclear Medicine, University Hospital, Petersgraben 4, Basel, Switzerland
J Clin Oncol 29:2416-23. 2011To investigate response, survival, and safety profile of the somatostatin-based radiopeptide (90)yttrium-labeled tetraazacyclododecane-tetraacetic acid modified Tyr-octreotide ([(90)Y-DOTA]-TOC) in neuroendocrine cancers.
- Long-term follow-up of renal function after peptide receptor radiation therapy with (90)Y-DOTA(0),Tyr(3)-octreotide and (177)Lu-DOTA(0), Tyr(3)-octreotateRoelf Valkema
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Nucl Med 46:83S-91S. 2005..during a follow-up of at least 18 mo after the start of PRRT with (90)Y-1,4,7,10-tetraazacyclododecane-N,N',N'',N'''-tetraacetic acid (DOTA),Tyr(3)-octreotide ((90)Y-DOTATOC) or (177)Lu-DOTA(0),Tyr(3)-octreotate ((177)Lu-DOTATATE).
- Somatostatin-receptor-based imaging and therapy of gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine tumorsDik J Kwekkeboom
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Erasmus Medical Center, s Gravendijkwal 230, 3015 CE Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Endocr Relat Cancer 17:R53-73. 2010Somatostatin receptor imaging (SRI) with [(111)In-DTPA(0)]octreotide has proven its role in the diagnosis and staging of gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine tumors (GEPNETs)...
- The eradication of breast cancer and cancer stem cells using octreotide modified paclitaxel active targeting micelles and salinomycin passive targeting micellesYang Zhang
State Key Laboratory of Natural and Biomimetic Drugs, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Peking University, Beijing 100191, China
Biomaterials 33:679-91. 2012..breast cancer cells and breast cancer stem cells which can not be eliminated by the conventional chemotherapy, octreotide (Oct)-modified paclitaxel (PTX)-loaded PEG-b-PCL polymeric micelles (Oct-M-PTX) and salinomycin (SAL)-loaded PEG-..
- Antitumor activity of rapamycin and octreotide as single agents or in combination in neuroendocrine tumorsAmy Moreno
Department of Surgical Oncology, Division of Quantitative Sciences, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Endocr Relat Cancer 15:257-66. 2008..b>Octreotide, a somatostatin analog, decreases phosphatidylinositol-3-kinase/Akt signaling in some models, and thus ..
- Targeting vascular endothelial growth factor in advanced carcinoid tumor: a random assignment phase II study of depot octreotide with bevacizumab and pegylated interferon alpha-2bJames C Yao
Department of Gastrointestinal Medical Oncology, Unit 426, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:1316-23. 2008..Effective systemic therapy for advanced carcinoid is lacking. The combination of bevacizumab (BEV) and pegylated (PEG) interferon alpha-2b was evaluated among patients with metastatic or unresectable carcinoid tumors...
- Survival and response after peptide receptor radionuclide therapy with [90Y-DOTA0,Tyr3]octreotide in patients with advanced gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine tumorsRoelf Valkema
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Semin Nucl Med 36:147-56. 2006..study with cumulative doses of 47 mCi to 886 mCi of the radiolabeled somatostatin analog [(90)Y-DOTA(0),Tyr(3)]-octreotide. At baseline, 47 patients had progressive disease, and 36 were symptomatic...
- 68Ga-DOTA-Tyr3-octreotide PET in neuroendocrine tumors: comparison with somatostatin receptor scintigraphy and CTMichael Gabriel
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
J Nucl Med 48:508-18. 2007..analog, (68)Ga-labeled 1,4,7,10-tetraazacyclododecane-N,N',N'',N'''-tetraacetic acid-d-Phe(1)-Tyr(3)-octreotide ((68)Ga-DOTA-TOC), for PET in patients with known or suspected neuroendocrine tumors...
- The impact of 68Ga-DOTATOC positron emission tomography/computed tomography on the multimodal management of patients with neuroendocrine tumorsAndrea Frilling
Department of General, Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, University Hospital Essen, Essen, Germany
Ann Surg 252:850-6. 2010..To evaluate the impact of 68Ga-DOTATOC positron emission tomography (PET)/computed tomography (CT) on the multimodal management of neuroendocrine tumors (NET)...
- Bone metastases in patients with neuroendocrine tumor: 68Ga-DOTA-Tyr3-octreotide PET in comparison to CT and bone scintigraphyDaniel Putzer
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
J Nucl Med 50:1214-21. 2009..We compared the diagnostic value of CT with that of the novel somatostatin analog (68)Ga-1,4,7,10-tetraazacyclododecane-N,N',N'',N'''-tetraacetic acid-d-Phe(1)-Tyr(3)-octreotide ((68)Ga-DOTATOC) in the detection of such metastases.
- Differential effects of octreotide and pasireotide on somatostatin receptor internalization and trafficking in vitroSarah Lesche
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Otto von Guericke University, Magdeburg, Germany
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:654-61. 2009The clinically used somatostatin analogs, octreotide and lanreotide, act primarily by binding to somatostatin receptor 2 (sst2)...
- ¹¹¹In-DTPA⁰-octreotide (Octreoscan), ¹³¹I-MIBG and other agents for radionuclide therapy of NETsJamshed B Bomanji
Institute of Nuclear Medicine, University College Hospital, 235 Euston Road, London NW1 2BU, UK
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 39:S113-25. 2012This paper is a critical review of the literature on NET radionuclide therapy with (111)In-DTPA(0)-octreotide (Octreoscan) and (131)I-MIBG, focusing on efficacy and toxicity...
- Differential antiinflammatory and antinociceptive effects of the somatostatin analogs octreotide and pasireotide in a mouse model of immune-mediated arthritisAnne Katja Imhof
University Hospital and Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Jena, Germany
Arthritis Rheum 63:2352-62. 2011..The purpose of this study was to assess the effects of the stable somatostatin analogs octreotide and pasireotide (SOM230) in a mouse model of antigen-induced arthritis (AIA).
- DG3173 (somatoprim), a unique somatostatin receptor subtypes 2-, 4- and 5-selective analogue, effectively reduces GH secretion in human GH-secreting pituitary adenomas even in Octreotide non-responsive tumoursU Plockinger
Interdisziplinäres Stoffwechsel Centrum, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Eur J Endocrinol 166:223-34. 2012..We investigated the effect of DG3173, including its relation to specific tumour characteristics, on GH secretion in human somatotroph adenoma cell cultures (hSA) in comparison with Octreotide.
- 90Y-edotreotide for metastatic carcinoid refractory to octreotideDavid L Bushnell
Department of Radiology, University of Iowa Roy J and Lucille A Carver College of Medicine, 200 Hawkins Dr, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:1652-9. 2010..Although symptom relief is available with octreotide, the disease eventually becomes refractory to octreotide, leaving no proven treatment options...
- [68Ga]-DOTATOC-PET/CT for meningioma IMRT treatment planningBarbara Gehler
Department of Radiation Oncology, LMU Munchen, Marchioninistr, 15, 81377 Munchen, Germany
Radiat Oncol 4:56. 2009....
- Pre-therapeutic dosimetry and biodistribution of 86Y-DOTA-Phe1-Tyr3-octreotide versus 111In-pentetreotide in patients with advanced neuroendocrine tumoursAndreas Helisch
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University of Mainz, Mainz, Germany
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 31:1386-92. 2004..tumours, the somatostatin analogue DOTATOC labelled with 90Y is frequently used [90Y-DOTA-Phe1-Tyr3)-octreotide (SMT487-OctreoTher)]...
- Hepatic artery chemoinfusion with chemoembolization for neuroendocrine cancer with progressive hepatic metastases despite octreotide therapyDara Christante
Department of Surgery, Division of Surgical Oncology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Ore, USA
Surgery 144:885-93; discussion 893-4. 2008..Several treatment modalities have been examined, but an optimal treatment approach has been difficult to define. We evaluated a regimen combining hepatic artery chemoinfusion with chemoembolization...
- Tumor response and clinical benefit in neuroendocrine tumors after 7.4 GBq (90)Y-DOTATOCChristian Waldherr
PET Center, Institute of Nuclear Medicine, University Hospital, University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
J Nucl Med 43:610-6. 2002..somatostatin analog (90)Y-1,4,7,10-tetra-azacyclododecan-4,7,10-tricarboxy-methyl-1-yl-acetyl-D-Phe-Tyr(3)-octreotide (DOTATOC)...
- Octreotide may act as a radioprotective agent in acromegalyA M Landolt
Neurosurgery Section, Klinik Im Park, Zurich, Switzerland
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 85:1287-9. 2000..undergoing radiation treatment for recurring acromegaly or acromegaly persisting after surgery are treated with octreotide. We, therefore, performed a follow-up study of patients undergoing stereotactic radiosurgery (Gamma Knife) to ..
- Pasireotide (SOM230) demonstrates efficacy and safety in patients with acromegaly: a randomized, multicenter, phase II trialS Petersenn
Division of Endocrinology, Medical Center, University of Duisburg Essen, Hufelandstrasse 55, 45122 Essen, Germany
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:2781-9. 2010..Because most GH-secreting pituitary adenomas express sst(2) and sst(5), pasireotide has the potential to be more effective than the sst(2)-preferential somatostatin analogs octreotide and lanreotide.
- Radiolabeled somatostatin analog [177Lu-DOTA0,Tyr3]octreotate in patients with endocrine gastroenteropancreatic tumorsDik J Kwekkeboom
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Erasmus Medical Center, Dr Molewaterplein 40, 3015 GD Rotterdam, Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 23:2754-62. 2005..Chemotherapy can be effective, but the response is usually less than 1 year. Here, we present the results of treatment with a radiolabeled somatostatin analog, [177Lu-DOTA0,Tyr3]octreotate (177Lu-octreotate)...
- Safe and effective inhibition of renal uptake of radiolabelled octreotide by a combination of lysine and arginineEdgar J Rolleman
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Erasmus Medical Centre, Dr Molewaterplein 40, 3015 GD Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 30:9-15. 2003As scintigraphy with [(111)In-DTPA(0)]octreotide has become a standard technique in analysing somatostatin receptor-receptor positive lesions such as neuroendocrine tumours, a logical next step is peptide receptor radionuclide therapy (..
- Octreotide therapy of pediatric hypothalamic obesity: a double-blind, placebo-controlled trialRobert H Lustig
Department of Endocrinology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:2586-92. 2003..We report the results of a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of octreotide therapy for pediatric hypothalamic obesity. Eighteen subjects [weight, 100.6 +/- 5...
- Long-acting somatostatin analog therapy of acromegaly: a meta-analysisPamela U Freda
Department of Medicine, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, 630 West 168th Street, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:4465-73. 2005..Although considerable data exist on the use of long-acting somatostatin analogs to treat acromegaly, their reported efficacy differs substantially among trials...
- Pasireotide (SOM230) shows efficacy and tolerability in the treatment of patients with advanced neuroendocrine tumors refractory or resistant to octreotide LAR: results from a phase II studyLarry K Kvols
H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
Endocr Relat Cancer 19:657-66. 2012..symptom control in patients with neuroendocrine tumors (NETs) and carcinoid syndrome no longer responsive to octreotide LAR...
- Somatostatin receptor sst2 decreases cell viability and hormonal hypersecretion and reverses octreotide resistance of human pituitary adenomasJulie Acunzo
Center of Research in Neurobiology Neurophysiology of Marseille, UMR 6231 Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Institut Federatif Jean Roche, University of Mediterranee, Marseille, France
Cancer Res 68:10163-70. 2008..somatotroph adenomas, growth hormone (GH) hypersecretion can be inhibited by somatostatin analogues such as octreotide. Unfortunately, serum GH levels reach normal values in only 60% of treated patients...
- Somatostatin receptor-mediated tumor-targeting drug delivery using octreotide-PEG-deoxycholic acid conjugate-modified N-deoxycholic acid-O, N-hydroxyethylation chitosan micellesMeirong Huo
State Key Laboratory of Natural Medicines, Department of Pharmaceutics, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing 210009, China
Biomaterials 33:6393-407. 2012In this study, a ligand-PEG-lipid conjugate, octreotide-polyethene glycol-deoxycholic acid (OCT(Phe)-PEG-DOCA, or OPD) was successfully synthesized and used as a targeting molecule for N-deoxycholic acid-O, N-hydroxyethylation chitosan (..
- Successful treatment of congenital hyperinsulinism with long-acting release octreotideKim Hanh Le Quan Sang
Centre de Référence des Maladies Héréditaires du Métabolisme, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, AP HP, Universite Paris Descartes, 149 rue de Sevres, 75015 Paris, France
Eur J Endocrinol 166:333-9. 2012..Congenital hyperinsulinism (HI) is a common cause of hypoglycemia in infancy. The medical treatment of diazoxide-unresponsive HI is based on a somatostatin analogue...
- Evaluation of the role of [18F]FDG-PET/CT and [68Ga]DOTATOC-PET/CT in differentiating typical and atypical pulmonary carcinoidsTarun Jindal
Department of General Surgery, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Cancer Imaging 11:70-5. 2011..PET)/computed tomography (CT) and [68Ga]1,4,7,10-tetraazacyclododecane-N(I-IIII)-tetraacetic acid-(D)-Phe1-Thy3-octreotide (DOTATOC)-PET/CT...
- Octreotide-targeted liposomes loaded with CPT-11 enhanced cytotoxicity for the treatment of medullary thyroid carcinomaYuko Iwase
Institute of Medicinal Chemistry, Hoshi University, Ebara 2 4 41, Shinagawa, Tokyo 142 8501, Japan
Mol Pharm 8:330-7. 2011..MTC is known to overexpress the somatostatin receptor subtype 2 (SSTR2). Octreotide (Oct) is a somatostatin analogue that has a high binding affinity for SSTR and can be used as a tumor-targeting ..
- Fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography and somatostatin receptor scintigraphy for diagnosing and staging carcinoid tumours: correlations with the pathological indexes p53 and Ki-67T Belhocine
Division of Nuclear Medicine, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Sart Tilman, B35 4000 Liège 1, Belgium
Nucl Med Commun 23:727-34. 2002..We conclude that SRS remains the modality of choice for evaluating patients with carcinoid tumours, regardless of their proliferative activity. FDG PET should be reserved to patients with negative results on SRS...
- Procedure guidelines for PET/CT tumour imaging with 68Ga-DOTA-conjugated peptides: 68Ga-DOTA-TOC, 68Ga-DOTA-NOC, 68Ga-DOTA-TATEIrene Virgolini
Medical University of Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 37:2004-10. 2010..the results of somatostatin (SST) receptor PET/CT imaging using 68Ga-DOTA-conjugated peptides, analogues of octreotide, that bind to SST receptors...
- Efficacy of a dopamine-somatostatin chimeric molecule, BIM-23A760, in the control of cell growth from primary cultures of human non-functioning pituitary adenomas: a multi-center studyTullio Florio
Department of Oncology, Biology and Genetics, University of Genova, Viale Benedetto XV, 2, 16132 Genova, Italy
Endocr Relat Cancer 15:583-96. 2008..inhibition obtained in 17 out of 27 tumors using BIM-23A760, in the same subgroup of adenomas analyzed), while octreotide was effective in 13 out of 27 cases...
- Expression of type 5 somatostatin receptor in TSH-secreting pituitary adenomas: a possible marker for predicting long-term response to octreotide therapyAi Yoshihara
Department of Medicine, Institute of Clinical Endocrinology, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Japan
Endocr J 54:133-8. 2007In TSH-secreting pituitary adenomas (TSHoma), octreotide (OCT) therapy reduces tumor size and TSH secretion in some cases but not in others...
- Discontinuation of octreotide LAR after long term, successful treatment of patients with acromegaly: is it worth trying?Claudia Ramirez
Endocrinology Service and Experimental Endocrinology Unit, Hospital de Especialidades, CMN S XXI, IMSS, Aristòteles 68, Polanco 11560, Mexico City, Mexico
Eur J Endocrinol 166:21-6. 2012..Somatostatin analogs (SA) have been used for over 25 years in the treatment of acromegaly. A major disadvantage is the need to continue therapy indefinitely...
- Correlation of immunohistopathological expression of somatostatin receptor 2 with standardised uptake values in 68Ga-DOTATOC PET/CTMatthias Miederer
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Ismaningerstrasse 22, 81675, Munchen, Germany
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 36:48-52. 2009..routine somatostatin analogue positron emission tomography/computed tomography (PET/CT) such as (68)Ga-DOTA-Tyr-octreotide (DOTATOC)-PET/CT could substitute conventional (111)In-Octreotide scintigraphy...
- The clinical value of [90Y-DOTA]-D-Phe1-Tyr3-octreotide (90Y-DOTATOC) in the treatment of neuroendocrine tumours: a clinical phase II studyC Waldherr
Department of Nuclear Medicine with PET Center, University Hospital, Basel, Switzerland
Ann Oncol 12:941-5. 2001..In addition, the palliative effect of 90Y-DOTATOC treatment on the malignant carcinoid syndrome and tumour-associated pain was investigated...
- Short-term preoperative octreotide treatment of GH-secreting pituitary adenoma: predictors of tumor shrinkageSatoru Oshino
Department of Neurosurgery, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
Endocr J 53:125-32. 2006We reviewed the cases of 32 patients with growth hormone (GH)-secreting macroadenoma who underwent short-term octreotide treatment before transsphenoidal surgery to determine which types of adenoma the preoperative treatment were ..
- Successful treatment of protein-losing enteropathy induced by intestinal lymphangiectasia in a liver cirrhosis patient with octreotide: a case reportHang Lak Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, Hanyang University Kuri Hospital, Guri, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 19:466-9. 2004..During hospitalization, he received subcutaneous octreotide therapy...
- Somatostatin receptor subtypes mediate contractility on human colonic smooth muscle cellsV D Corleto
Department of Digestive and Liver Diseases, 1st and 2nd Schools of Medicine, University La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Neurogastroenterol Motil 18:217-25. 2006..CH-288, a sstr subtype 1-specific analogue, and octreotide, a sstr subtype 2-specific analogue, were the most effective relaxant analogues on longitudinal and circular SMC,..
- Experience with indium-111 and yttrium-90-labeled somatostatin analogsI Virgolini
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University of Vienna, A 1090, Vienna, Austria
Curr Pharm Des 8:1781-807. 2002..receptors (SSTR) on various tumor cells has provided the molecular basis for successful use of radiolabeled octreotide / lanreotide analogs as tumor tracers in nuclear medicine...
- Treatment of neuroendocrine GEP tumours with somatostatin analogues: a reviewR Arnold
Department of Internal Medicine, Philipps University, Marburg, Germany
Digestion 62:84-91. 2000..Somatostatin and its long-acting analogues are effective in symptom control in patients with functionally active neuroendocrine GEP tumours. Several in vitro and in vivo reports suggest that they are also able to control tumour growth...
- Phase II study of subcutaneous octreotide in adults with recurrent or progressive meningioma and meningeal hemangiopericytomaDerek R Johnson
Department of Neurology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Neuro Oncol 13:530-5. 2011The objective of this phase II study was to evaluate the efficacy and safety of subcutaneous octreotide therapy for the treatment of recurrent meningioma and meningeal hemangiopericytoma...
- Oxidative stress and ERK1/2 phosphorylation as predictors of outcome in hepatocellular carcinoma patients treated with sorafenib plus octreotide LARM Caraglia
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Cell Death Dis 2:e150. 2011We reported a relevant activity of the combination between sorafenib and octreotide long-acting release (LAR) in advanced hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) patients...
- Peptide receptor radionuclide therapy with Y-DOTATOC and (177)Lu-DOTATOC in advanced neuroendocrine tumors: results from a Danish cohort treated in SwitzerlandAndreas Klaus Pfeifer
Department of Clinical Physiology, Nuclear Medicine and PET, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Neuroendocrinology 93:189-96. 2011..Promising results of initial studies have warranted the implementation of peptide receptor radionuclide therapy (PRRT) in clinical practice. However, this treatment option still needs clinical evaluation...
- Bone marrow dosimetry in peptide receptor radionuclide therapy with [177Lu-DOTA(0),Tyr(3)]octreotateFlavio Forrer
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Erasmus MC Rotterdam, Dr Molewaterplein 40, NL 3015 GD, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 36:1138-46. 2009..Also, we evaluated the absorbed cross-dose from the source organs (liver, spleen, kidneys and blood), tumours and the so-called "remainder of the body" to the bone marrow...
- Doxorubicin and octreotide induce a 40 kDa breakdown product of p53 in human hepatoma and tumoral colon cell linesZahia Sadji-Ouatas
INSERM U327, Faculte de Medecine Xavier Bichat, IFR 02, 16 rue Henri Huchard, BP 416, 75870, Paris Cedex 18, France
Biochem J 364:881-5. 2002The chemotherapeutic drug doxorubicin and the anti-proliferative long-acting somatostatin analogue octreotide, both used in cancer treatment, have been shown to increase the expression of the p53 tumour suppressor protein...
- Randomized clinical trial of long-acting somatostatin for autosomal dominant polycystic kidney and liver diseaseMarie C Hogan
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Department of Biomedical STatistics and Informatics, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 21:1052-61. 2010..PKD (ADPKD) or autosomal dominant PLD (ADPLD) in a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of octreotide, a long-acting somatostatin analogue...
- Optimizing medical therapy of acromegaly: beneficial effects of cabergoline in patients uncontrolled with long-acting release octreotideRaquel S Jallad
Neuroendocrine Unit, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Hospital das Clinicas, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Neuroendocrinology 90:82-92. 2009..Previous data indicate a beneficial effect of cabergoline (CAB) association to somatostatin analogs (SA) in acromegalics resistant to SA monotherapy...
- An intrapatient comparison of 99mTc-EDDA/HYNIC-TOC with 111In-DTPA-octreotide for diagnosis of somatostatin receptor-expressing tumorsMichael Gabriel
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University of Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria Institute of Biostatistics, University of Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria Nuclear Medicine Research Laboratory, St Bartholomew s Hospital, London, United Kingdom
J Nucl Med 44:708-16. 2003..compare the imaging abilities of the recently developed somatostatin analog, (99m)Tc-hydrazinonicotinyl-Tyr(3)-octreotide ((99m)Tc-HYNIC-TOC [(99m)Tc-TOC]), with (111)In-diethylenediaminepentaacetic acid-D-Phe(1)-octreotide ((111)In-..
- Hybrid PET/MRI of intracranial masses: initial experiences and comparison to PET/CTAndreas Boss
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Eberhard Karls University Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
J Nucl Med 51:1198-205. 2010....
- Octreotide in the prevention of intra-abdominal complications following elective pancreatic resection: a prospective, multicenter randomized controlled trialBertrand Suc
Gastrointestinal Surgery Unit, Hopital Rangueil, Toulouse, France
Arch Surg 139:288-94; discussion 295. 2004Prophylactic administration of octreotide acetate decreases the rate of postoperative intra-abdominal complications (IACs) after elective pancreatic resection.
- The role of 68Ga-DOTATATE PET in patients with neuroendocrine tumors and negative or equivocal findings on 111In-DTPA-octreotide scintigraphyRajaventhan Srirajaskanthan
Neuroendocrine Tumour Unit, Royal Free Hospital, London, UK
J Nucl Med 51:875-82. 2010111)In-diethylenetriaminepentaacetic acid (DTPA)-octreotide scintigraphy is currently the nuclear medicine imaging modality of choice for identifying neuroendocrine tumors...
- A multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, dose-finding trial of a long-acting formulation of octreotide in promoting weight loss in obese adults with insulin hypersecretionR H Lustig
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, University of California San Francisco School of Medicine, San Francisco, CA 94143 0434, USA
Int J Obes (Lond) 30:331-41. 2006To compare changes in weight in obese patients who received long-acting octreotide (octreotide LAR) at one of three dose levels (20, 40, or 60 mg) or placebo over 6 months and to identify the lowest dose of octreotide LAR that safely ..
- A novel facile method of labeling octreotide with (18)F-fluorinePeter Laverman
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Nucl Med 51:454-61. 2010..The method is characterized by the labeling of NOTA-octreotide (NOTA-d-Phe-cyclo[Cys-Phe-d-Trp-Lys-Thr-Cys]-Throl (MH(+) 1305) [IMP466]) with (18)F.
- A critical analysis of clinically available somatostatin analog formulations for therapy of acromegalyRobert D Murray
Department of Endocrinology, Leeds Teaching Hospitals National Health Service Trust, Leeds, UK
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:2957-68. 2008..Recent analysis of the relative efficacy of octreotide LAR and lanreotide SR on the GH-IGF-I axis in acromegaly favored octreotide LAR in the secondary treatment of ..
- A comparison of (111)In-DOTATOC and (111)In-DOTATATE: biodistribution and dosimetry in the same patients with metastatic neuroendocrine tumoursF Forrer
Institute of Nuclear Medicine, University Hospital, Petersgraben 4, 4031, Basel, Switzerland
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 31:1257-62. 2004Yttrium-90-DOTA-Tyr(3)]-octreotide (DOTATOC) and [(177)Lu-DOTA-Tyr(3)-Thr(8)]-octreotide (DOTATATE) are used for peptide receptor-mediated radionuclide therapy (PRMRT) in neuroendocrine tumours...
- Pasireotide (SOM230): development, mechanism of action and potential applicationsHerbert A Schmid
Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Oncology Research, Novartis Pharma AG, Basel, Switzerland
Mol Cell Endocrinol 286:69-74. 2008..of multiple sst receptors in carcinoid tumors suggests that pasireotide may have clinical advantages over octreotide in patients with carcinoid tumors...
- Comparison of [(177)Lu-DOTA(0),Tyr(3)]octreotate and [(177)Lu-DOTA(0),Tyr(3)]octreotide: which peptide is preferable for PRRT?J P Esser
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Erasmus MC Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 33:1346-51. 2006..Some use octreotide as the peptide for peptide receptor radionuclide therapy (PRRT)...
- Octreotide, a somatostatin analogue, mediates its antiproliferative action in pituitary tumor cells by altering phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase signaling and inducing Zac1 expressionMarily Theodoropoulou
Department of Endocrinology, Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Kraepelinstrasse 10, D 80804 Munich, Germany
Cancer Res 66:1576-82. 2006..In this study, it is shown that in pituitary tumor cells, the somatostatin analogue octreotide produces its antiproliferative action by inducing the expression the tumor suppressor gene Zac1...
- PET imaging of somatostatin receptors using [68GA]DOTA-D-Phe1-Tyr3-octreotide: first results in patients with meningiomasM Henze
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
J Nucl Med 42:1053-6. 2001Imaging of somatostatin receptors (SSTRs) using [111In]diethylenetriaminepentaacetic-acid-octreotide (DTPAOC) has proven to be helpful in the differentiation of meningiomas, neurinomas or neurofibromas, and metastases as well as in the ..
- Treatment of patients with gastro-entero-pancreatic (GEP) tumours with the novel radiolabelled somatostatin analogue [177Lu-DOTA(0),Tyr3]octreotateD J Kwekkeboom
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Erasmus Medical Center, Dr Molewaterplein 40, 3015 GD, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 30:417-22. 2003..Treatment with the radiolabelled somatostatin analogue [(90)Y-DOTA(0),Tyr(3)]octreotide may result in partial remissions in 10-25% of patients...
- Medical therapy of acromegaly: efficacy and safety of somatostatin analoguesRichard A Feelders
Department of Internal Medicine, Section of Endocrinology, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Drugs 69:2207-26. 2009..The currently available somatostatin analogues, octreotide and lanreotide, seem to be equally effective; however, this should still be evaluated in prospective, randomized ..
- Combination radionuclide therapy using 177Lu- and 90Y-labeled somatostatin analogsMarion de Jong
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Erasmus Medical College, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Nucl Med 46:13S-7S. 2005..Suitable radionuclides are (90)Y, a pure, high-energy beta-emitter (2.27 MeV), and (177)Lu, a medium-energy beta-emitter (0.5 MeV) with a low-abundance gamma...
- Comparison of 68Ga-DOTATOC PET and 111In-DTPAOC (Octreoscan) SPECT in patients with neuroendocrine tumoursI Buchmann
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University Hospital Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 400, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 34:1617-26. 2007..The aim of our study was to compare the value of (68)Ga-DOTATOC PET and (111)In-DTPAOC SPECT (Octreoscan) in the detection of NET manifestations...
- Sorafenib plus octreotide is an effective and safe treatment in advanced hepatocellular carcinoma: multicenter phase II So.LAR. studySalvatore Del Prete
Medical Oncology Unit, San Giovanni di Dio Hospital, Via Giovanni XXII, 80020, Frattaminore, Naples, Italy
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 66:837-44. 2010..Sorafenib is a multikinase inhibitor with proven activity in advanced HCC. Octreotide is used in this setting with conflicting results...
- Preoperative octreotide treatment in newly diagnosed acromegalic patients with macroadenomas increases cure short-term postoperative rates: a prospective, randomized trialSven M Carlsen
Department of Endocrinology, St Olavs Hospital, University Hospital of Trondheim, 7006 Trondheim, Norway
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:2984-90. 2008..Surgery is the primary treatment of acromegaly. However, it often fails to cure the patient. New strategies that improve surgical outcome are needed...
- Effects of lanreotide SR and Autogel on tumor mass in patients with acromegaly: a systematic reviewGherardo Mazziotti
Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, University of Brescia, c o Endocrinology Service, Montichiari Hospital, Via Ciotti 154, 25018, Montichiari, Italy
Pituitary 13:60-7. 2010..However, most of the data are from patients under treatment with octreotide, either subcutaneously or intramuscularly with long-acting formulation, whereas the data on lanreotide SR or ..
- Reversal of type 1 hepatorenal syndrome with the administration of midodrine and octreotideP Angeli
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Padua, Padova, Italy
Hepatology 29:1690-7. 1999..Five of them were treated with the oral administration of midodrine and the parenteral administration of octreotide. In addition, the patients received 50 to 100 mL of 20% human albumin solution daily for 20 days...
- Phase I study of peptide receptor radionuclide therapy with [In-DTPA]octreotide: the Rotterdam experienceRoelf Valkema
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Semin Nucl Med 32:110-22. 2002..receptor-positive tumors were treated with multiple doses of [(111)In-diethylenetriamine pentaacetic acid(0)]octreotide. Forty patients were evaluable after cumulative doses of at least 20 GBq up to 160 GBq...
- Targeted radionuclide therapy with 90Y-DOTATOC in patients with neuroendocrine tumorsFlavio Forrer
Institute of Nuclear Medicine, University Hospital Basel, Switzerland
Anticancer Res 26:703-7. 2006The aim of this study was to assess the efficacy and safety of targeted radionuclide therapy with [90Y-DOTA0, Tyr3]-octreotide (90Y-DOTATOC) in patients with metastatic neuroendocrine tumors.
- Impact of somatostatin analogs on the heart in acromegaly: a metaanalysisPatrick Maison
Service de Pharmacologie Clinique, Unite de recherche clinique, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Henri Mondor, University of Paris 12, F 94010 Creteil, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:1743-7. 2007..Treatment with somatostatin analogs has been shown to improve some cardiac parameters, but most published clinical trials involved few patients and were not randomized or controlled. In addition, their results are rather variable...
- Rapid pituitary tumor shrinkage with dissociation between antiproliferative and antisecretory effects of a long-acting octreotide in an acromegalic patientEugenia Resmini
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Genova, Viale Benedetto XV 6, 16132 Genoa, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:1592-9. 2007..However, the mechanisms of action of SSAs in inhibiting tumor growth and hormonal secretion are only partially understood, and the two effects may occur independently...
- Improvement of pharmacokinetics of radioiodinated Tyr(3)-octreotide by conjugation with carbohydratesMargret Schottelius
Nuklearmedizinische Klinik und Poliklinik, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, 81675 Munchen, Germany
Bioconjug Chem 13:1021-30. 2002..To overcome the unfavorable pharmacokinetics of radiohalogenated octreotide analogues, we evaluated three carbohydrated conjugates of Tyr(3)-octreotide (TOC)...
- The palliative role of 131I-MIBG and 111In-octreotide therapy in patients with metastatic progressive neuroendocrine neoplasmsJanice L Pasieka
Division of General Surgery, Department of Surgery, North Tower, University of Calgary and Tom Baker Cancer Center, 1403 29th Street NW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2N 2T9
Surgery 136:1218-26. 2004Radiolabeled octreotide and metaiodobenzylguanidine (MIBG) have demonstrated limited antitumor effect on neuroendocrine neoplasms (NENs). The purpose of this study was to assess the palliative benefit of radionuclide therapy (RNT) in NENs.
- Three-year recurrence-free survival in a patient with recurrent medulloblastoma after resection, high-dose chemotherapy, and intrathecal Yttrium-90-labeled DOTA0-D-Phe1-Tyr3-octreotide radiopeptide brachytherapyDaniel Beutler
Department of Oncology Hematology, University Children s Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Cancer 103:869-73. 2005Most medulloblastomas express high levels of somatostatin type 2 receptors (sst2). DOTA0-D-Phe1-Tyr3-octreotide (DOTATOC) specifically binds sst2 in the low nanomolar range...
- Individualized dosimetry in patients undergoing therapy with (177)Lu-DOTA-D-Phe (1)-Tyr (3)-octreotateMattias Sandström
Department of Oncology, Radiology and Clinical Immunology, Uppsala University Hospital, 751 85, Uppsala, Sweden
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 37:212-25. 2010..The aim of this study was to investigate the feasibility and reliability of individualized dosimetry based on SPECT in comparison to conventional planar imaging...
- Partial surgical removal of growth hormone-secreting pituitary tumors enhances the response to somatostatin analogs in acromegalyAnnamaria Colao
Department of Molecular and Clinical Endocrinology and Oncology, Federico II University of Naples, Via S Pansini 5, 80131 Naples, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:85-92. 2006..Surgery is a cornerstone in the treatment of acromegaly, but its efficacy in large, invasive tumors is scant...
- Micelles derivatized with octreotide as potential target-selective contrast agents in MRIAnna Morisco
Department of Biological Sciences, CIRPEB, University of Naples Federico II and IBB CNR, Via Mezzocannone 16, 80134 Naples, Italy
J Pept Sci 15:242-50. 2009..three different functions: (i) the chelating agent (DTPAGlu or DOTA) able to coordinate gadolinium ion, (ii) the octreotide bioactive peptide able to target somatostatin receptors, and (iii) a hydrophobic moiety with two 18-carbon atoms ..
- Differential molecular mechanism of docetaxel-octreotide combined treatment according to the docetaxel-resistance status in PC3 prostate cancer cellsLaura Lattanzio
Laboratory of Cancer Genetics and Translational Oncology, Oncology Department, S Croce General Hospital, Cuneo, Italy
Anticancer Drugs 24:120-30. 2013To examine the effect and the molecular mechanisms of the combined treatment of the somatostatin (SST) analogue octreotide with docetaxel: analysis of proliferation, apoptosis and migration in the human prostate cancer cell line PC3, ..
- Does the pretherapeutic tumor SUV in 68Ga DOTATOC PET predict the absorbed dose of 177Lu octreotate?Samer Ezziddin
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University Hospital Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Clin Nucl Med 37:e141-7. 2012..However, no studies have yet compared standardized uptake values (SUVs) and absorbed doses in this field...
- Patient-specific radiation dosimetry of 99mTc-HYNIC-Tyr3-octreotide in neuroendocrine tumorsJoshua Grimes
Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
J Nucl Med 52:1474-81. 201199m)Tc-hydrazinonicotinamide-Tyr(3)-octreotide ((99m)Tc-HYNIC-TOC) is increasingly gaining acceptance as a new radiopharmaceutical for the diagnosis of pathologic lesions overexpressing somatostatin receptors...
- Octreotide acetate in prevention of chemoradiation-induced diarrhea in anorectal cancer: randomized RTOG trial 0315Babu Zachariah
Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 102:547-56. 2010..Based on previous trials, octreotide acetate is widely recommended for the control of chemotherapy-induced diarrhea...
- Spatiotemporally controlled co-delivery of anti-vasculature agent and cytotoxic drug by octreotide-modified stealth liposomesWenbing Dai
State Key Laboratory of Natural and Biomimetic Drugs School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Peking University, Beijing, 100191, People s Republic of China
Pharm Res 29:2902-11. 2012..Both combretastatin A-4 (CA-4) and doxorubicin (DOX) was loaded in different form in a targeted nanomedicine in order to achieve the active delivery of these two drugs followed by sequentially suppressing tumor vasculature and tumor cells...
- Value of combined 6-[18F]fluorodihydroxyphenylalanine PET/CT for imaging of neuroendocrine tumoursM Schiesser
Department of Surgery, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Br J Surg 97:691-7. 2010..This study assessed prospectively the diagnostic value and impact of combined 6-[18F]fluorodihydroxyphenylalanine positron emission tomography-computed tomography (18F-DOPA-PET/CT) in the management of NET...
- Neuroendocrine tumor liver metastases: use of dynamic contrast-enhanced MR imaging to monitor and predict radiolabeled octreotide therapy responseKeiko Miyazaki
Institute of Cancer Research, Cancer Research UK and EPSRC Cancer Imaging Centre, Sutton, Surrey SM2 5NG, England
Radiology 263:139-48. 2012..evaluate dynamic contrast-enhanced (DCE) magnetic resonance (MR) imaging for monitoring and assessing treatment response in patients with neuroendocrine liver metastases treated using yttrium 90 ((90)Y)-labeled octreotide ((90)Y-DOTATOC).
- (111)In-octreotide scintigraphy for identification of metastatic medullary thyroid carcinoma in children and adolescentsMaya Lodish
Section on Endocrinology and Genetics, Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 97:E207-12. 2012Most medullary thyroid cancers (MTC) express somatostatin receptors; therefore, (111)In-octreotide somatostatin receptor scintigraphy (SRS) may be useful in detecting sites of metastases in children with MTC.
- Peptide receptor radionuclide therapy with ¹⁷⁷Lu-DOTATATE: the IEO phase I-II studyLisa Bodei
Division of Nuclear Medicine, European Institute of Oncology, Via Ripamonti, 435 20141 Milan, Italy
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 38:2125-35. 2011..The aim of this prospective phase I-II study was to evaluate the toxicity and efficacy of (177)Lu-DOTATATE in multiple cycles...
- Randomized trial of tamoxifen versus combined tamoxifen and octreotide LAR Therapy in the adjuvant treatment of early-stage breast cancer in postmenopausal women: NCIC CTG MA.14Kathleen I Pritchard
Sunnybrook Odette Cancer Centre and University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Oncol 29:3869-76. 2011..This trial was undertaken to assess whether octreotide would lower insulin and IGF-1 levels and reduce risk of breast cancer recurrence.
- Comparative studies on the expression of somatostatin receptor subtypes, outcome of octreotide scintigraphy and response to octreotide treatment in patients with carcinoid tumoursO Nilsson
Department of Pathology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, University of Gothenburg, , Sweden
Br J Cancer 77:632-7. 1998..Somatostatin receptor scintigraphy using [111In]DTPA-D-Phe1-octreotide visualized tumours in all patients (12 out of 12)...
- In vivo and in vitro response to octreotide LAR in a TSH-secreting adenoma: characterization of somatostatin receptor expression and role of subtype 5Federico Gatto
Department of Endocrine and Medical Sciences DiSEM and Center of Excellence for Biomedical Research, University of Genova, Viale Benedetto XV, 6, 16132 Genova, Italy
Pituitary 14:141-7. 2011..We report the case of TSHoma in a 41-year-old man treated with octreotide LAR that caused a dramatic decrease of TSH and thyroid hormones and tumor shrinkage already after 3 months of ..
- Design, synthesis and biological activity of cell-penetrating peptide-modified octreotide analogsWenlin Xie
School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Hunan University of Science and Technology, Xiangtan 411201, China
J Pept Sci 16:105-9. 2010Four novel octreotide analogs with cell-penetrating peptides (CPPs) at the N-terminus or C-terminus were synthesized by a stepwise Fmoc solid-phase synthesis strategy...
- Impact of Multiphase 68Ga-DOTATOC-PET/CT on therapy management in patients with neuroendocrine tumorsJuri Ruf
Klinik fur Radiologie und Nuklearmedizin, Universitätsklinikum Magdeburg AöR, Magdeburg, Germany juri ruf med ovgu de
Neuroendocrinology 91:101-9. 2010..evaluation of the impact of integrated positron emission tomography/computed tomography (PET/CT) using (68)Ga-DOTA(0)-Phe(1)-Tyr(3)-octreotide ((68)Ga-DOTATOC) on the therapeutic management of patients with neuroendocrine tumors (NET).
- Control of irinotecan-induced diarrhea by octreotide after loperamide failureV Barbounis
2nd Department of Medical Oncology, St Saves Hospital, Athens, Greece
Support Care Cancer 9:258-60. 2001..b>Octreotide is active against chemotherapy-induced diarrhea caused by fluoropyrimidines and irinotecan, with a distinct ..
- The Pathobiology of Hepatic EpitheliaNicholas F Larusso; Fiscal Year: 2013..miR-15a with accompanying decrease of Cdc25A inhibits cell proliferation and cyst growth in vitro;in PCK rats, octreotide reduces cholangiocyte cAMP and inhibits hepatic cystogenesis...
- Motivational Changes for Nutritionally Relevant Tastes after Gastric BypassAlan C Spector; Fiscal Year: 2013..Systemic administration of the somatostatin analog, octreotide, which blocks the release of these and other gut hormones, doubles short-term chow intake in rats after RYGB, ..
- RECEPTOR-TARGETED COPPER RADIOPHARMACEUTICALS FOR CANCER IMAGING AND THERAPYCarolyn J Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2012..7 h;+ (17.8%);- (38.4%)). One key finding has been that 64Cu from 64Cu-TETA-octreotide was delivered to tumor cell nuclei, whereas 111In from 111In-DTPA-octreotide was found primarily in lysosomes ..
- Polyacridine Peptide Mediated Gene TargetingKevin G Rice; Fiscal Year: 2013..long-circulating multi-component PEGylated PolyAcridine Polyplexes (PPAPs) containing a fusogenic peptide and octreotide as a high affinity ligand to target cells expressing the somatostatin subtype-2 receptor (SS2)...
- Epigenetic Actions of Growth HormoneDennis J Chia; Fiscal Year: 2012..The long-acting somatostatin analog, octreotide, will be utilized to suppress endogenous GH secretion...
- Dosimetry Guided Phase II of 90Y-DOTA-tyr3-Octreotide + Retinoic Acid in KidsM SUE SUE O apos DORISIO; Fiscal Year: 2010..a Phase I dose/toxicity trial for children and young adults with recurrent solid tumors using 90Y-DOTA-tyr3-Octreotide (90Y-DOTATOC) to target the somatostatin receptor type 2 (sst2) expressed on tumor cells...
- Targeted Therapy of Neuroendocrine Cancers Via the Notch Signaling PathwayShaoqin Gong; Fiscal Year: 2013..In Aim #3, a unique octreotide (OCT)-conjugated unimolecular micelle will be developed as a nanocarrier for hydrophobic Notch 1 activating ..
- DOSIMETRY IN CHILDREN AND YOUNG ADULTS WITH NEUROBLASTOMA OR NEUROENDOCRINE TUMORM SUE O DORISIO; Fiscal Year: 2009..Similarly, molecularly targeted therapy with 90Y-DOTA-tyr3-Octreotide has improved quality of life in patients with neuroendocrine tumors, but the dose is limited by toxicity to ..
- EXCITOTOXIN EFFECTS ON SPINAL CORD IN VITROJOHN DELFS; Fiscal Year: 1992..The long-term objective of this research is to understand better the role of excitotoxins in spinal neuron degeneration and death...
- EXERCISE AS A MEANS OF ENHANCING IMMUNITY IN THE AGEDJeffrey Woods; Fiscal Year: 2001..we will address this by treating aged mice with bromocriptine (a dopamine agonist that suppresses PRL), and octreotide (somatostatin analog that inhibits GH)...
- Astatine 211 & Radioiodine Labeled Octreotide ConjugatesMichael Zalutsky; Fiscal Year: 2004..Ii this proposal, we shall focus on the development of radiohalogenated octreotide conjugates and related peptides as radiodiagnostics and therapeutics for medulloblastoma...
- PET imaging of carcinoid tumors to guide individualized chemotherapyUmar Mahmood; Fiscal Year: 2013..Somatostatin analogs, including octreotide LAR, have previously been used only for symptom relief in patients with functionally active carcinoid tumors, ..
- DIAGNOSIS AND MANAGEMENT OF GUT/NEUROENDOCRINE TUMORSAaron Vinik; Fiscal Year: 1993..If it transpires that these vasoactive compounds are implicated in the symptom complex, then therapeutic modalities directed towards molecular modification of the neurokinins may prove rewarding...
- NUTRITION AND DRUGS REDUCE PROTEIN LOSS IN SEPSISROLAND DICKERSON; Fiscal Year: 1992..Four anti-catabolic agents (propranolol, phentolamine, octreotide, and pentoxifylline) with different pharmacologic actions will be studied...
- ROSIGLITAZONE IN POLYCYSTIC OVARY SYNDROMENicholas Cataldo; Fiscal Year: 2002..Subjects with PCOS wiII have insulin resistance identified by dynamic testing using the octreotide insulin suppression test, and after further evaluation of provoked insulin secretion will receive rosiglitazone ..
- Image Based Evaluation of Tumor Targeting and Efficacy of Gene TherapyVikas Kundra; Fiscal Year: 2010..of a human somatostatin receptor gene 111 chimera in tumors using the FDA approved radiopharmaceutical in octreotide. Clinically, non-invasive methods, including anatomic imaging to assess change in tumor size, are desirable to ..
- THYROID HORMONE REGULATION OF MOUSE SOMATOSTATIN TYPE 5WHITNEY WOODMANSEE; Fiscal Year: 2004..The somatostatin analog, octreotide, has been used to treat a variety of neuroendocrine tumors and description of the molecular mechanisms of the ..
- MOLECULAR BIOLOGY OF SOMATOSTATIN RECEPTORSAgnes Schonbrunn; Fiscal Year: 1993....
- A New Approach to Peptide Radiolabeling for The Imaging of Cancer by PETMark Mascal; Fiscal Year: 2009..3) To attach the fluoride-binding cages to receptor-specific octreotide and RGD peptides. [4) To determine the blood plasma stability of the cage-peptide conjugates...
- SOUTHWEST ONCOLOGY GROUPCraig Nichols; Fiscal Year: 2003..suppression of functioning tumors of the gastrointestinal tract and other cancers by the synthetic somatostatin (Octreotide), multiple modality therapy in the treatment of tumors such as alveolar soft part sarcoma metastatic to lung, ..
- IMAGING COLORECTAL CANCER WITH TC 99M VIPMathew Thakur; Fiscal Year: 1999..3) to compare the efficacy of Tc-99m TP 3654 with recently approved TC-99m-anti-CEA scan and In-111-DTPA-(D)-Phe-Octreotide and 4) to determine receptor specificity of the agent for other human colorectal cell lines in vitro...
- Non-Peptide Somatostatin Agonist AnalgesicsGideon Shapiro; Fiscal Year: 2004..on nociceptors in the skin and that activation of these receptors with a moderately selective SST2 agonist Octreotide attenuates bradykinin-induced sensitization of the nociceptors and intraplantar injection of Octreotide ..
- Rational Design of High-Affinity Peptide Drug CandidatesSriram Shankar; Fiscal Year: 2009..Several short peptides have demonstrated significant ability to modulate protein-protein interactions - e.g. octreotide (SSTR2) and RGD peptides (1v23 integrins), and several others have led to the development of highly potent ..
- Imaging of O6-Alkylguanine-DNA AlkyltransferaseGanesan Vaidyanathan; Fiscal Year: 2005..In summary, this proposal seeks to determine whether the development of a suitable agent for the imaging of tumor AGT will facilitate chemotherapy planning, thereby improving the outcome of alkylator chemotherapy. ..
- MIBG ANALOGUE RADIOPHARMACEUTICALSGanesan Vaidyanathan; Fiscal Year: 2001..Strategies to augment tumor-to-normal tissue ratios will be investigated. The outcome of this study should help improve the endoradiotherapy of neuroendocrine tumors and possibly of medulloblastoma. ..
- Radiometal-cyclized Octreotide Derivatives for OncologyHEATHER HENNKENS; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Non-Peptide Somatostatin Agonist AnalgesicsSusan Carlton; Fiscal Year: 2007..by clinical studies demonstrating analgesia following systemic administration of the SST peptide analog octreotide (OCT)...
- PERIPHERAL SOMATOSTATIN CONTROLS INFLAMMATORY PAINSusan Carlton; Fiscal Year: 2004..SST, a peptide found in primary afferents, or its long lasting agonist Octreotide, has been shown to prevent peripheral sensitization...
- Neuropeptide Y for Cancer-Associated AnorexiaAminah Jatoi; Fiscal Year: 2003..These two pilot studies will allow us to lay the groundwork for such larger trials. Our ultimate goal is to help cancer patients who suffer from anorexia. ..
- Creatine: Is It a Body Builder for Cancer Patients?Aminah Jatoi; Fiscal Year: 2004..obtain longitudinal toxicity and quality of life data on this same cohort of 50 patients and will make direct comparisons between treatment arms on toxicity incidence and severity and on maximal quality of life scores ..
- NEW APPROACHES TO EVALUATION AND TREATMENT OF ACROMEGALYPamela Freda; Fiscal Year: 2003..My sponsor, Dr. Wardlaw, is highly qualified and committed to providing me with the support I need to pursue my research plans and to facilitate my transition to independent investigator. ..
- NEW APPROACHES TO EVALUATION AND TREATMENT OF ACROMEGALYPamela Freda; Fiscal Year: 2003..My sponsor, Dr. Wardlaw, continues to be committed to providing me with the guidance I need to pursue my research plans and to facilitate my transition to independent investigator. ..
- Mechanisms and Therapeutics in Cancer Anorexia/CachexiaAminah Jatoi; Fiscal Year: 2004..This K23 grant application will serve as a springboard to allow her to delve into the pathophysiology of this syndrome and to develop into an independent clinical investigator. ..
- RADIORECEPTOR GUIDED SURGERY OF NEURAL CREST TUMORSM O DORISIO; Fiscal Year: 2002..Patients will be recruited from our nationally recognized, multidisciplinary neuroendocrine tumor clinic to participate in this trial of image guided surgical therapy. ..
- Phase I Trial of 90Y Octreotide in Childhood Solid TumorM O DORISIO; Fiscal Year: 2002..The Specific Aims are: I. Conduct a Phase I trial to determine the maximum tolerated dose of 90Y-DOTA-tyr3-Octreotide in children with refractory neuroblastoma, medulloblastoma, and other somatostatin receptor positive tumors...
- Non-invasive beta-cell imaging using a Ga-68-labeled glucagone-like peptide-1 anaMartin Gotthardt; Fiscal Year: 2008..Apart from proof-of-principle studies in healthy volunteers and diabetes type I and II patients, a dosimetric method will be established to simply and reliably quantify beta-cell mass by PET imaging. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Imaging Thymidine Uptake During Treatment for Head and Neck CancerYusuf Menda; Fiscal Year: 2008..The studies proposed here will refine and characterize a non-invasive imaging test that may allow treatment responses to be determined shortly after treatment has begun. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- RADIORECEPTOR GUIDED SURGERY OF NEURAL CREST TUMORSM O DORISIO; Fiscal Year: 2003..Patients will be recruited from our nationally recognized, multidisciplinary neuroendocrine tumor clinic to participate in this trial of image guided surgical therapy. ..
- 90Y-DOTA-TYR3-OCTREOTIDE IN CHILDREN W/SOMATOSTATIN REC*M O DORISIO; Fiscal Year: 2005..Abstract Not Provided. ..
- Gene Expression in Prediabetes: Potential Role of PGC-1MARY PATTI; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Academic Public Private Partnership ProgramM O DORISIO; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- scVEGF Targeted Radiotherapy of Mammary and Colonic CancerFRANCIS GERARD BLANKENBERG; Fiscal Year: 2010..Successful completion of our proposal will give the needed preclinical data for pursuing scVEGF targeted radiotherapy in other models and ultimately clinical applications. ..
- Consequences of generalized lack of GHRHRoberto Salvatori; Fiscal Year: 2005..By recombinase technique, we will generate KO lines with no Neor, avoiding any interference with distant or neighboring genes. In addition, results obtained in the GHRHKO1 line will be confirmed or disproved. ..
- PSYCHOBIOLOGY OF ESTROGEN RECEPTOR MODULATORSMark Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2003..These data will provide not only a better understanding of the biology of SERMs but will also help clinicians and patients evaluate of these compounds on behavioral health. ..
- 14th International Symposium on Regulatory PeptidesTimothy Wang; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Endothelial Nitric Oxide Synthase & Portal HypertensionVijay Shah; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Regulation of Mouse Somatostatin Receptor Subtype 5 GeneWHITNEY WOODMANSEE; Fiscal Year: 2004..The somatostatin analog, octreotide, has been used to treat a variety of neuroendocrine tumors and description of the molecular mechanisms of the ..
- THE ROLE OF BHLH GENES IN GLIOGENESIS AND GLIOMA BIOLOGYRobert Rostomily; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- MCI, Insulin and Cholesterol in a Community SampleSuzanne Craft; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results of this study will provide valuable information concerning the incidence and natural history of MCI, and its relation to various risk factors that may be amenable to therapeutic intervention. ..
- ROLE OF RETINOIDS AND RECEPTORS IN THYROTROPE FUNCTIONBRYAN HAUGEN; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Inhibition of TNF in Patients with Alcoholic HepatitisVijay Shah; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- FUNCTION AND REGULATION OF GASTRINTimothy Wang; Fiscal Year: 2008..Overall, these studies will attempt to define the role of progastrin-derived peptides in stem cell regulation and in bridging genetic pathways in colorectal cancer. ..
- Artificial Nutrition in Terminally Ill Cancer PatientsSydney Dy; Fiscal Year: 2007..Dy with the skills she needs to develop into an independent clinical researcher in oncology palliative care decision-making and health services research. ..
- Regulation of Inflammation by Somatostatin via SSTR 2David Elliott; Fiscal Year: 2006..The results of these studies will provide rationale for novel therapeutic treatment of IBD and other inflammatory diseases. ..
- Image-Guided Delivery and Image-Guided Evaluation of Target and Non-Target TissueVikas Kundra; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Molecular Surgeon Symposium on Pancreatic CancerF Brunicardi; Fiscal Year: 2003..All talks will be video-taped and presented at our "The Molecular Surgeon" website for general public access. This website has been established since first symposium in 1999. ..
- GLUCOSE REGULATION AND MEMORY IN ALZHEIMER'S DISEASESuzanne Craft; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- HORMONE REGULATION AND PATHOGENESIS OF PITUITARY TUMORSAnne Klibanski; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- NEURAL CONTROL OF LARGE INTESTINAL MUCOSAHelen Cooke; Fiscal Year: 2005..Understanding the regulation of 5-HT may be a key to management of functional bowel disease associated with an excess or reduced number of enterochromaffin cells. ..
- Creation of a mouse model of isolated GH deficiencyRoberto Salvatori; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..