Genomes and Genes
Summary: A cyclic undecapeptide from an extract of soil fungi. It is a powerful immunosupressant with a specific action on T-lymphocytes. It is used for the prophylaxis of graft rejection in organ and tissue transplantation. (From Martindale, The Extra Pharmacopoeia, 30th ed).
Publications353 found, 100 shown here
- Effect of cyclosporine on reperfusion injury in acute myocardial infarctionChristophe Piot
Hopital Arnaud de Villeneuve, Montpellier, France
N Engl J Med 359:473-81. 2008Experimental evidence suggests that cyclosporine, which inhibits the opening of mitochondrial permeability-transition pores, attenuates lethal myocardial injury that occurs at the time of reperfusion...
- Properties of the permeability transition pore in mitochondria devoid of Cyclophilin DEmy Basso
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche Institute of Neuroscience, University of Padova, Viale Giuseppe Colombo 3, I 35121 Padova, Italy
J Biol Chem 280:18558-61. 2005..These results have major implications for our current understanding of the PTP and its modulation in vitro and in vivo...
- Angiotensin II blockade upregulates the expression of Klotho, the anti-ageing gene, in an experimental model of chronic cyclosporine nephropathyHye Eun Yoon
Division of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine, Incheon St Mary s Hospital, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Incheon, South Korea
Nephrol Dial Transplant 26:800-13. 2011..It is suggested that activation of renin-angiotensin system (RAS) or oxidative stress suppresses Klotho in the kidney. This study evaluated the association between Klotho expression and RAS in cyclosporine (CsA)-induced renal injury.
- Cyclosporin A inhibits the influenza virus replication through cyclophilin A-dependent and -independent pathwaysXiaoling Liu
Center for Molecular Virology, Key Laboratory of Pathogenic Microbiology and Immunology, Institute of Microbiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
PLoS ONE 7:e37277. 2012..Finally, CsA could enhance the binding between CypA and M1. The above results suggested that CsA inhibited the replication of influenza A virus through CypA-dependent and -independent pathways...
- A phase III study of belatacept-based immunosuppression regimens versus cyclosporine in renal transplant recipients (BENEFIT study)F Vincenti
Kidney Transplant Service, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Am J Transplant 10:535-46. 2010..Immunosuppression Trial) assessed a more intensive (MI) or less intensive (LI) regimen of belatacept versus cyclosporine in adults receiving a kidney transplant from living or standard criteria deceased donors...
- Cyclosporin A suppresses replication of hepatitis C virus genome in cultured hepatocytesKoichi Watashi
Laboratory of Human Tumor Viruses, Department of Viral Oncology, Institute for Virus Research, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Hepatology 38:1282-8. 2003..This anti-HCV activity of CsA appeared to be independent of its immunosuppressive function. In conclusion, our results suggest that CsA may represent a new approach for the development of anti-HCV therapy...
- Effect of telaprevir on the pharmacokinetics of cyclosporine and tacrolimusVarun Garg
Clinical Trials and Medical Information, Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Hepatology 54:20-7. 2011..inhibitor telaprevir is an inhibitor of the enzyme cytochrome P450 3A, responsible for the metabolism of both cyclosporine and tacrolimus...
- Cyclophilin interactions with incoming human immunodeficiency virus type 1 capsids with opposing effects on infectivity in human cellsTheodora Hatziioannou
Aaron Diamond AIDS Research Center and Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Virol 79:176-83. 2005..Moreover, disruption of the CypA-CA interaction with cyclosporine A (CsA) inhibits HIV-1 infectivity only if the target cell expresses CypA...
- Cyclosporin A inhibits the replication of diverse coronavirusesAdriaan H de Wilde
Molecular Virology Laboratory, Department of Medical Microbiology, Center of Infectious Diseases, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Gen Virol 92:2542-8. 2011....
- A major determinant of cyclophilin dependence and cyclosporine susceptibility of hepatitis C virus identified by a genetic approachFeng Yang
Department of Biological Science, Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 6:e1001118. 2010..selection scheme that identified a major viral determinant of HCV's dependence on CyPA and susceptibility to cyclosporine A...
- A phase III study of belatacept versus cyclosporine in kidney transplants from extended criteria donors (BENEFIT-EXT study)A Durrbach
Bicetre Hospital, Kremlin Bicetre, IFRNT, Universite Paris Sud, France
Am J Transplant 10:547-57. 2010..is a 3-year, Phase III study that assessed a more (MI) or less intensive (LI) regimen of belatacept versus cyclosporine in adult ECD kidney transplant recipients...
- Tacrolimus versus cyclosporine as primary immunosuppression after heart transplantation: systematic review with meta-analyses and trial sequential analyses of randomised trialsLuit Penninga
Copenhagen Trial Unit, Centre for Clinical Intervention Research, Cochrane Hepato Biliary Group, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 66:1177-87. 2010We conducted a systematic review of randomized trials to compare the benefits and harms of tacrolimus versus cyclosporine as primary immunosuppression after heart transplantation.
- Rosuvastatin pharmacokinetics in heart transplant recipients administered an antirejection regimen including cyclosporineSteven G Simonson
AstraZeneca, Wilmington, Del, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 76:167-77. 2004b>Cyclosporine (INN, ciclosporin) increases the systemic exposure of all statins...
- Mitochondrial dysfunction and apoptosis in myopathic mice with collagen VI deficiencyWilliam A Irwin
Department of Histology, University of Padova, 35121 Padova, Italy
Nat Genet 35:367-71. 2003..These findings indicate that collagen VI myopathies have an unexpected mitochondrial pathogenesis that could be exploited for therapeutic intervention...
- NFATc1 balances quiescence and proliferation of skin stem cellsValerie Horsley
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Laboratory of Mammalian Cell Biology and Development, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10065, USA
Cell 132:299-310. 2008..Our findings may explain why patients receiving cyclosporine A for immunosuppressive therapy display excessive hair growth, and unveil a functional role for calcium-NFATc1-..
- Induction and long-term treatment with cyclosporine in membranous nephropathy with the nephrotic syndromeEfstathios Alexopoulos
Department of Nephrology, Hippokration General Hospital, 49, Konstantinoupoleos str, 54642 Thessaloniki, Greece
Nephrol Dial Transplant 21:3127-32. 2006b>Cyclosporine A (CyA) has been shown to be effective in membranous nephropathy (MN). However, the optimal dose and the duration of treatment remain controversial issues...
- Cyclosporine A regulate oxidative stress-induced apoptosis in cardiomyocytes: mechanisms via ROS generation, iNOS and Hsp70Huei Wen Chen
Department of Medical Research, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Br J Pharmacol 137:771-81. 20021. Previous study suggested that cyclosporine A (CsA) could partially reduce ischaemia/reperfusion-induced injury in isolated heart, but the mechanism was still unclear...
- Role of P-glycoprotein in cyclosporine cytotoxicity in the cyclosporine-sirolimus interactionD Anglicheau
INSERM, U775, Universite Rene Descartes, Paris, France
Kidney Int 70:1019-25. 2006b>Cyclosporine nephrotoxicity remains a major side effect in solid organ transplantation, and can be exacerbated by concomitant administration of sirolimus. Cyclosporine and sirolimus are P-glycoprotein (Pgp) substrates...
- Successful attenuation of humoral immunity to viral capsid and transgenic protein following AAV-mediated gene transfer with a non-depleting CD4 antibody and cyclosporineJ H McIntosh
Department of Haematology, UCL Cancer Institute, University College London, Oxford, UK
Gene Ther 19:78-85. 2012The ability of transient immunosuppression with a combination of a non-depleting anti-CD4 (NDCD4) antibody and cyclosporine (CyA) to abrogate immune reactivity to both adeno-associated viral vector (AAV) and its transgene product was ..
- Cyclophilin A renders human immunodeficiency virus type 1 sensitive to Old World monkey but not human TRIM5 alpha antiviral activityZuzana Keckesova
Department of Infection, Royal Free and University College Medical School, University College London, Windeyer Building, 46 Cleveland Street, London W1T4JF, United Kingdom
J Virol 80:4683-90. 2006..Inhibition of cyclophilin A activity with cyclosporine A, or reducing cyclophilin A expression with small interfering RNA, rescues TRIM5alpha-restricted HIV-1 ..
- Identification of calcineurin as a key signalling enzyme in T-lymphocyte activationN A Clipstone
Beckman Center for Molecular and Genetic Medicine, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Stanford University School of Medicine, California 94305
Nature 357:695-7. 1992....
- Target cell cyclophilin A modulates human immunodeficiency virus type 1 infectivityElena Sokolskaja
Department of Microbiology, Columbia University, 701 W 168th St, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Virol 78:12800-8. 2004..Disruption of the CA-CypA interaction, either by the competitive inhibitor cyclosporine (CsA) or by mutation of CA residue G89 or P90, suggested that producer cell CypA was required for full virion ..
- Cyclosporine A delivery to the eye: a pharmaceutical challengeF Lallemand
School of Pharmacy, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 56:307-18. 2003Systemic administration of cyclosporine A (CsA) is commonly used in the treatment of local ophthalmic conditions involving cytokines, such as corneal graft rejection, autoimmune uveitis and dry eye syndrome...
- Phosphate is essential for inhibition of the mitochondrial permeability transition pore by cyclosporin A and by cyclophilin D ablationEmy Basso
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche Institute of Neuroscience, University of Padova, Viale Giuseppe Colombo 3, I 35121 Padova, Italy
J Biol Chem 283:26307-11. 2008..These findings call for a reassessment of conclusions on the role of the PTP in cell death that are based on the effects of CsA or of CyP-D ablation...
- The mitochondrial phosphate carrier interacts with cyclophilin D and may play a key role in the permeability transitionAnna W C Leung
Department of Biochemistry and The Bristol Heart Institute, University of Bristol, School of Medical Sciences, University Walk, Bristol BS8 1TD, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 283:26312-23. 2008..An interaction of the PiC with the ANT may enable agents that bind to either transporter to modulate pore opening...
- Macrophage activation syndromeAngelo Ravelli
Pediatria II, Istituto G Gaslini, Universita di Genova, Italy
Curr Opin Rheumatol 14:548-52. 2002..Cyclosporin A has been found effective in patients with corticosteroid-resistant MAS. A recent report has suggested that etanercept may be a useful adjunctive therapeutic agent...
- Cyclosporine inhibits a direct interaction between cyclophilins and hepatitis C NS5AFiona Fernandes
Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e9815. 2010..The immunosuppressant, cyclosporine A (CsA) has potent anti-HCV activity towards both HCV replicons and the genotype 2a cell culture infectious ..
- In vitro effects of cyclosporine A and tacrolimus on regulatory T-cell proliferation and functionCéline Miroux
CNRS UMR8161, Institut de Biologie de Lille, Universités Lille Nord de France, Lille, France
Transplantation 94:123-31. 2012..Regulatory T cells (Tregs) may be beneficial in tolerance but deleterious in recurrent hepatitis C. We evaluated the effects of cyclosporine or tacrolimus, the principal immunosuppressive drugs, on Treg proliferation and function.
- Efficacy and safety of early cyclosporine conversion to sirolimus with continued MMF-four-year results of the Postconcept studyY Lebranchu
Department of Nephrology, Clinical Immunology, University Hospital, Francois Rabelais University, Tours, France
Am J Transplant 11:1665-75. 2011..We previously reported that conversion from cyclosporine A (CsA) to sirolimus (SRL) 3 months after transplantation significantly improved renal function at 1 year...
- Cyclophilin A: an auxiliary but not necessary cofactor for TRIM5alpha restriction of HIV-1Matthew Stremlau
Department of Cancer Immunology and AIDS, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Division of AIDS, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Virology 351:112-20. 2006..Inhibition of Cyp A function by cyclosporine significantly decreased the efficiency of TRIM5alpha-mediated restriction only when the restricted virus capsid ..
- Spontaneous mutations in the human immunodeficiency virus type 1 gag gene that affect viral replication in the presence of cyclosporinsC Aberham
Sandoz Forschungsinstitut, Vienna, Austria
J Virol 70:3536-44. 1996..In at least one isolate examined, the revertant phenotype appears to be due to suppressor mutations near the proline-rich region...
- Development and characterization of Cyclosporine A loaded nanoparticles for ocular drug delivery: Cellular toxicity, uptake, and kinetic studiesPelin Aksungur
Faculty of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Hacettepe University, 06100 Ankara, Turkey
J Control Release 151:286-94. 2011..The objective of this study was to evaluate the potential effectiveness of Cyclosporine A (CsA) nanoparticles (NPs) for the treatment of inflammation of the eye surface...
- Effect of sirolimus on calcineurin inhibitor-induced nephrotoxicity using renal expression of KLOTHO, an antiaging geneDong He Han
Department of Internal Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea
Transplantation 90:135-41. 2010..METHODS.: Mice were treated with vehicle (VH; 1 mL/kg/day of olive oil), cyclosporine A (CsA; 30 mg/kg/day), or tacrolimus (FK; 1 mg/kg/day) with or without SRL (0.3 mg/kg/day) for 2 weeks...
- Significant decrease of cyclosporine bioavailability in rats caused by a decoction of the roots of Scutellaria baicalensisMiao Ying Lai
Graduate Institute of Chinese Pharmaceutical Sciences, China Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan, ROC
Planta Med 70:132-7. 2004..In order to investigate the effect of SR on the absorption and disposition of cyclosporine, rats were administered with cyclosporine orally (in the form of the microemulsion Neoral and intravenously ..
- Pharmacokinetics and clinical efficacy of cyclosporine treatment of dogs with steroid-refractory inflammatory bowel diseaseK Allenspach
Department of Veterinary Clinical Medicine, Vetsuisse Faculty, University of Bern, Switzerland
J Vet Intern Med 20:239-44. 2006..Because cyclosporine A (cyA) has been shown to be effective in steroid-resistant IBD in humans, the purpose of this study was to ..
- Potent antifibrotic activity of mTOR inhibitors sirolimus and everolimus but not of cyclosporine A and tacrolimus in experimental liver fibrosisEleonora Patsenker
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology and Visceral Research, University of Bern, Switzerland
J Hepatol 55:388-98. 2011..The aim of the present study was to compare the potential of the commonly used immunosuppressants to halt experimental liver fibrosis progression...
- Development of biodegradable nanoparticles for oral delivery of ellagic acid and evaluation of their antioxidant efficacy against cyclosporine A-induced nephrotoxicity in ratsK Sonaje
Department of Pharmaceutics, National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research NIPER, SAS Nagar, Mohali, Punjab, 160062, India
Pharm Res 24:899-908. 2007..Ellagic acid (EA), a dietary antioxidant associated with poor biopharmaceutical properties, was encapsulated into poly(lactide-co-glycolide) (PLGA) and polycaprolactone (PCL) nanoparticles to improve oral bioavailability...
- NFAT but not NF-kappaB is critical for transcriptional induction of the prosurvival gene A1 after IgE receptor activation in mast cellsErik Ullerås
Clinical Immunology and Allergy Unit, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Blood 111:3081-9. 2008..These results indicate that, in FcepsilonRI stimulated mast cells, A1 is transcriptionally regulated by NFAT1 but not by NF-kappaB...
- HCV resistance to cyclosporin A does not correlate with a resistance of the NS5A-cyclophilin A interaction to cyclophilin inhibitorsUdayan Chatterji
The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, USA
J Hepatol 53:50-6. 2010The cyclophilin (Cyp) inhibitors - cyclosporine A (CsA), NIM811, Debio 025, and SCY 635 - block HCV replication both in vitro and in vivo, and represent a novel class of potent anti-HCV agents...
- Results of an international, randomized trial comparing glucose metabolism disorders and outcome with cyclosporine versus tacrolimusF Vincenti
University of California San Francisco Kidney Transplant Service, San Francisco, CA, USA
Am J Transplant 7:1506-14. 2007..De novo renal transplant patients were randomized to cyclosporine microemulsion (CsA-ME, using C(2) monitoring) or tacrolimus, with mycophenolic acid, steroids and basiliximab...
- Cyclosporine for ocular inflammatory diseasesR Oktay Kaçmaz
Department of Ophthalmology, The Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
Ophthalmology 117:576-84. 2010To evaluate the clinical outcomes of cyclosporine treatment for noninfectious ocular inflammation.
- Effect of cyclosporine on left ventricular remodeling after reperfused myocardial infarctionNathan Mewton
Hospices Civils de Lyon, Universite Claude Bernard Lyon, Lyon, France
J Am Coll Cardiol 55:1200-5. 2010This study examined the effect of a single dose of cyclosporine administered at the time of reperfusion on left ventricular (LV) remodeling and function by cardiac magnetic resonance 5 days and 6 months after myocardial infarction.
- Topical loteprednol pretreatment reduces cyclosporine stinging in chronic dry eye diseaseJohn D Sheppard
Virginia Eye Consultants and the Department of Ophthalmology, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, Virginia 23502, USA
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 27:23-7. 2011..tolerability between those patients who receive topical corticosteroids prior to initiation of topical cyclosporine 0...
- Cyclophilin A modulates the sensitivity of HIV-1 to host restriction factorsGreg J Towers
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
Nat Med 9:1138-43. 2003..Manipulation of HIV-1 CA recognition by restriction factors promises to advance animal models and new therapeutic strategies for HIV-1 and AIDS...
- Randomized controlled trial of the efficacy of cyclosporine in the treatment of atopic dermatitis in dogsThierry Olivry
Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina State University, Raleigh 27606, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 221:370-7. 2002To evaluate efficacy of cyclosporine A, administered at either of 2 dosages, in dogs with atopic dermatitis (AD).
- Calcineurin regulates innate antifungal immunity in neutrophilsMatthew B Greenblatt
Department of Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Exp Med 207:923-31. 2010Patients taking immunosuppressive drugs, like cyclosporine A (CsA), that inhibit calcineurin are highly susceptible to disseminated fungal infections, although it is unclear how these drugs suppress resistance to these opportunistic ..
- Genetic and pharmacologic inhibition of mitochondrial-dependent necrosis attenuates muscular dystrophyDouglas P Millay
Department of Pediatrics, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
Nat Med 14:442-7. 2008..Thus, mitochondrial-dependent necrosis represents a prominent disease mechanism in muscular dystrophy, suggesting that inhibition of cyclophilin D could provide a new pharmacologic treatment strategy for these diseases...
- Incidence of BK with tacrolimus versus cyclosporine and impact of preemptive immunosuppression reductionDaniel C Brennan
Washington University School of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Am J Transplant 5:582-94. 2005..Our purposes were to determine the incidence of BK viruria, viremia or nephropathy with tacrolimus (FK506) versus cyclosporine (CyA) and whether intensive monitoring and discontinuation of mycophenolate (MMF) or azathioprine (AZA), upon ..
- Cyclosporine in patients with steroid-resistant membranous nephropathy: a randomized trialD C Cattran
Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Kidney Int 59:1484-90. 2001A clinical trial of cyclosporine in patients with steroid-resistant membranous nephropathy (MGN) was conducted. Although MGN remains the most common cause of adult-onset nephrotic syndrome, its management is still controversial...
- Cyclosporine A and adverse effects on organs: histochemical studiesRita Rezzani
Anatomy Section, Department of Biomedical Sciences and Biotechnology, Viale Europa, 11, Brescia 25123, Italy
Prog Histochem Cytochem 39:85-128. 2004The discovery that cyclosporine A (CsA) was a powerful immunosuppressant had a significant impact on transplant medicine...
- DEB025 (Alisporivir) inhibits hepatitis C virus replication by preventing a cyclophilin A induced cis-trans isomerisation in domain II of NS5ALotte Coelmont
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Rega Institute for Medical Research, University of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
PLoS ONE 5:e13687. 2010..Cross-resistance with cyclosporine A (CsA) was observed, whereas NS3 protease and NS5B polymerase inhibitors retained WT-activity against DEB025(..
- The actin cytoskeleton of kidney podocytes is a direct target of the antiproteinuric effect of cyclosporine AChristian Faul
Department of Medicine, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, 1600 Northwest Tenth Avenue, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
Nat Med 14:931-8. 2008The immunosuppressive action of the calcineurin inhibitor cyclosporine A (CsA) stems from the inhibition of nuclear factor of activated T cells (NFAT) signaling in T cells. CsA is also used for the treatment of proteinuric kidney diseases...
- Cyclosporine A-resistant human immunodeficiency virus type 1 mutants demonstrate that Gag encodes the functional target of cyclophilin AD Braaten
Department of Microbiology, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York 10032, USA
J Virol 70:5170-6. 1996..b>Cyclosporine A and nonimmunosuppressive analogs bind with high affinity to cyclophilin A, compete with Gag for binding to ..
- A mutation in alpha helix 3 of CA renders human immunodeficiency virus type 1 cyclosporin A resistant and dependent: rescue by a second-site substitution in a distal region of CARuifeng Yang
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, A 5301 Medical Center North, Nashville, TN 37232 2363, USA
J Virol 81:3749-56. 2007..The immunosuppressive drug cyclosporine A (CsA) and its nonimmunosuppressive analogs bind with high affinity to CypA and inhibit HIV-1 replication...
- Affinity-driven peptide selection of an NFAT inhibitor more selective than cyclosporin AJ Aramburu
Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Science 285:2129-33. 1999..Compounds that interfere selectively with the calcineurin-NFAT interaction without affecting calcineurin phosphatase activity may be useful as therapeutic agents that are less toxic than current drugs...
- Specific inhibition of the mitochondrial permeability transition prevents lethal reperfusion injuryLaurent Argaud
INSERM E 0226, Laboratoire de Physiologie Lyon Nord, Faculté de Médecine Lyon Nord, Universite Claude Bernard Lyon I, 8, avenue Rockefeller, 69373 Lyon Cedex 8, France
J Mol Cell Cardiol 38:367-74. 2005..These data indicate that specific inhibition of MPT pore opening at reperfusion following acute myocardial infarction provides a powerful antinecrotic and antiapoptotic protection...
- Cyclophilin A is required for the replication of group M human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) and simian immunodeficiency virus SIV(CPZ)GAB but not group O HIV-1 or other primate immunodeficiency virusesD Braaten
Department of Microbiology, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Virol 70:4220-7. 1996..Disruption of cyclophilin A incorporation, either by gag mutations or by cyclosporine A, inhibits virion infectivity, indicating that cyclophilin A plays an essential role in the HIV-1 life cycle...
- Sirolimus therapy after early cyclosporine withdrawal reduces the risk for cancer in adult renal transplantationJosep M Campistol
Hospital Clinic i Provincial, Barcelona, Spain
J Am Soc Nephrol 17:581-9. 2006Sirolimus (SRL) is a mammalian target of rapamycin inhibitor that, in contrast to cyclosporine (CsA), has been shown to inhibit rather than promote cancers in experimental models...
- Cyclosporine inhibits flavivirus replication through blocking the interaction between host cyclophilins and viral NS5 proteinMin Qing
State Key Laboratory of Virology, Wuhan Institute of Virology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Wuhan 430071, China
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:3226-35. 2009..Furthermore, antiviral experiments demonstrated that cyclosporine (Cs; an 11-amino-acid cyclic peptide known to block the PPIase activity of CyPA) inhibits flavivirus ..
- Belatacept-based regimens versus a cyclosporine A-based regimen in kidney transplant recipients: 2-year results from the BENEFIT and BENEFIT-EXT studiesChristian P Larsen
Emory Transplant Center and Department of Surgery, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
Transplantation 90:1528-35. 2010..patient/graft survival, better renal function, and an improved cardiovascular/metabolic risk profile versus cyclosporine A (CsA) in the Belatacept Evaluation of Nephroprotection and Efficacy as Firstline Immunosuppression Trial (..
- Combination of cyclosporine and erythropoietin improves brain infarct size and neurological function in rats after ischemic strokeChun Man Yuen
Division of Trauma, Department of Surgery, Kaohsiung Chang Gung Memorial Hospital and Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
J Transl Med 9:141. 2011This study tested the superiority of combined cyclosporine A (CsA)-erythropoietin (EPO) therapy compared with either one in limiting brain infarction area (BIA) and preserving neurological function in rat after ischemic stroke (IS).
- A three-arm study comparing immediate tacrolimus therapy with antithymocyte globulin induction therapy followed by tacrolimus or cyclosporine A in adult renal transplant recipientsBernard Charpentier
Service de Nephrologie, Hopital de Bicetre, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Transplantation 75:844-51. 2003..A study was undertaken to assess the efficacy and safety of ATG induction on tacrolimus-based and cyclosporine A (CsA)-based therapies compared with immediate tacrolimus triple therapy in kidney transplant recipients.
- Effect of cyclosporine and rifampin on the pharmacokinetics of macitentan, a tissue-targeting dual endothelin receptor antagonistShirin Bruderer
Clinical Pharmacology, Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Allschwil, Switzerland
AAPS J 14:68-78. 2012..We investigated the effect of cyclosporine (Cs) and rifampin on the pharmacokinetics of macitentan and its metabolites ACT-132577 and ACT-373898 in ..
- GSK3, snail, and adhesion molecule regulation by cyclosporine A in renal tubular cellsSergio Berzal
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Laboratory of Nephrology and Vascular Pathology, Instituto de Investigación Sanitaria Fundación Jiménez Díaz, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Toxicol Sci 127:425-37. 2012..In renal tubular cells, cytotoxic concentrations of cyclosporine A (CsA) inhibited both gene and protein expression of adherent and tight junction proteins (E-cadherin, ZO-1, ..
- Clinical review: topical ophthalmic use of cyclosporin ACanan Asli Utine
The Ocular Surface Diseases and Dry Eye Clinic, The Wilmer Eye Institute, Johns Hopkins Hospital, 600 N Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Ocul Immunol Inflamm 18:352-61. 2010b>Cyclosporine A (CsA) is an immunomodulatory agent that primarily inhibits the proliferation and action of T cells. Systemic CsA has been used successfully in solid organ transplantation and noninfectious uveitis...
- Calcineurin inhibitor nephrotoxicityMaarten Naesens
Department of Nephrology and Renal Transplantation, University Hospitals Leuven, Herestraat 49, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 4:481-508. 2009The use of the calcineurin inhibitors cyclosporine and tacrolimus led to major advances in the field of transplantation, with excellent short-term outcome...
- Treatment of canine atopic dermatitis: 2010 clinical practice guidelines from the International Task Force on Canine Atopic DermatitisThierry Olivry
Department of Clinical Sciences and Center for Comparative Medicine and Translational Research, College of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27606, USA
Vet Dermatol 21:233-48. 2010..Allergen-specific immunotherapy should be offered, whenever feasible, in an attempt to prevent recurrence of clinical signs upon further exposure to environmental allergens to which the patient is hypersensitive...
- A mitochondrial-targeted cyclosporin A with high binding affinity for cyclophilin D yields improved cytoprotection of cardiomyocytesHenry Dube
Wolfson Institute for Biomedical Research, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Biochem J 441:901-7. 2012..These data indicate the potential value of selective CyP-D inhibition in cytoprotection...
- Tacrolimus or cyclosporine: which is the better partner for mycophenolate mofetil in heart transplant recipients?Bruno M Meiser
Department of Cardiac Surgery, University of Munich, Grosshadern Medical Center, Marchioninistrasse 15, 81366 Munich, Germany
Transplantation 78:591-8. 2004..this single-center study was to investigate whether trough level adjusted mycophenolate mofetil (MMF) is more efficacious in combination with tacrolimus (TAC) or cyclosporine (CsA) and to evaluate the impact of either drug on MMF dosage.
- Mitochondrial Ca2+ influx and efflux rates in guinea pig cardiac mitochondria: low and high affinity effects of cyclosporine AAn Chi Wei
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Institute of Computational Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore MD 21205 2195, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1813:1373-81. 2011..absence of inhibitors of mitochondrial Na(+)/Ca(2+) exchanger (CGP 37157) or the permeability transition pore (cyclosporine A)...
- Low-dose total body irradiation (TBI) and fludarabine followed by hematopoietic cell transplantation (HCT) from HLA-matched or mismatched unrelated donors and postgrafting immunosuppression with cyclosporine and mycophenolate mofetil (MMF) can induce duraDietger Niederwieser
Division of Hematology and Oncology, University of Leipzig, Germany
Blood 101:1620-9. 2003..Patients were treated with fludarabine 30 mg/m(2)/d from days -4 to -2, 2 Gy total body irradiation on day 0, cyclosporine at 6.25 mg/kg twice daily from day -3, and mycophenolate mofetil at 15 mg/kg twice daily from day 0...
- Donor-specific HLA antibodies in a cohort comparing everolimus with cyclosporine after kidney transplantationL Liefeldt
Department of Nephrology, Charite Campus Mitte, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Am J Transplant 12:1192-8. 2012..At 3-4.5 months posttransplant 127 patients were randomized to continue cyclosporine or converted to everolimus therapy. The presence of DSA was prospectively assessed using Luminex assays...
- Mitochondrial cyclophilin-D as a potential therapeutic target for post-myocardial infarction heart failureShiang Y Lim
The Hatter Cardiovascular Institute, University College London Hospital and Medical School, London, UK
J Cell Mol Med 15:2443-51. 2011..These findings suggest that the inhibition of mitochondrial CypD may be a novel therapeutic treatment strategy for post-MI heart failure...
- Long-term treatment of sirolimus but not cyclosporine ameliorates diabetic nephropathy in the ratSandra Wittmann
Department of Nephrology and Hypertension, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
Transplantation 87:1290-9. 2009..We evaluated whether sirolimus (SRL) or cyclosporine A (CsA) therapy would be a superior immunosuppressant in streptozotocin-induced diabetic nephropathy.
- Malignancy concerns with psoriasis treatments using phototherapy, methotrexate, cyclosporin, and biologics: facts and controversiesLuigi Naldi
Centro Studi Gruppo Italiano Studi Epidemiologici in Dermatologia and Department of Dermatology, Largo Barozzi 1, Ospedali Riuniti, 24100 Bergamo, Italy
Clin Dermatol 28:88-92. 2010..More recently, an increased risk of cancer has been a concern with newly introduced biologic agents. The documentation of such a purported increased risk requires long-term follow-up of treated patients...
- Association of CYP3A4*18B polymorphisms with the pharmacokinetics of cyclosporine in healthy subjectsY F Hu
Pharmacogenetics Research Institute, Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan, People s Republic of China
Xenobiotica 37:315-27. 2007The aim of this study is to evaluate the association of the CYP3A4*18B genotype with the cyclosporine metabolism in healthy subjects. We employed PCR-RFLP assays for analysis of the CYP3A4*18B genotype...
- Intraparenchymal injection of bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells reduces kidney fibrosis after ischemia-reperfusion in cyclosporine-immunosuppressed ratsC Alfarano
INSERM, UMR 1048, Institute of Metabolic and Cardiovascular Diseases I2MC, Toulouse, France
Cell Transplant 21:2009-19. 2012..After IR, rats were treated daily with cyclosporine (10 mg/kg SC) for 28 days. MSCs were injected into the kidney at day 7 after IR...
- The protective effect of epicatchin against oxidative stress and nephrotoxicity in rats induced by cyclosporineAbdulrahman L Al-Malki
Biochemistry Department, Faculty of Science, King Abdualziz University, Jeddah, KSA
Hum Exp Toxicol 30:145-51. 2011b>Cyclosporine A (CyA) is the first-line immunosuppressant used for the management of solid organ transplantation and autoimmune diseases. Reactive oxygen species (ROS) can attack all types of macromolecules including DNA and damage it...
- Incidence and cost of new onset diabetes mellitus among U.S. wait-listed and transplanted renal allograft recipientsRobert S Woodward
Department of Health Management and Policy, University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH, USA
Am J Transplant 3:590-8. 2003..NODM over the first 2 years post-transplant had an incidence of almost 18% and 30% among patients receiving cyclosporine and tacrolimus, respectively...
- Extended cyclosporine delivery by silicone-hydrogel contact lensesCheng Chun Peng
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA
J Control Release 154:267-74. 2011b>Cyclosporine A (CyA) is effective in treating chronic dry eyes and contact lens mediated dry eyes...
- Cyclosporin A pharmacokinetics and efficacy in the treatment of atopic dermatitis in dogsJ Steffan
Novartis Animal Health, WRO 1032 2 50, CH 4002 Basle, Switzerland
J Vet Pharmacol Ther 27:231-8. 2004....
- Calcineurin phosphatase activity and immunosuppression. A review on the role of calcineurin phosphatase activity and the immunosuppressive effect of cyclosporin A and tacrolimusK A Jørgensen
Research Laboratory, Department of Renal Medicine C, Skejby Sygehus, Arhus University Hospital, Arhus N, Denmark
Scand J Immunol 57:93-8. 2003..Great variations in the correlation between blood drug levels and enzyme inhibition could indicate that monitoring calcineurin phosphatase activity for treatment might be superior to monitoring blood drug levels...
- Impact of cyclosporine-A concentration on the incidence of severe acute graft-versus-host disease after allogeneic stem cell transplantationFlorent Malard
Centre Hospitalier et Universitaire CHU de Nantes, Service d Hematologie Clinique, Nantes, France
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 16:28-34. 2010..stem cell transplantation (allo-SCT) with the aim to assess whether there is a correlation between exposure to cyclosporine-A (CsA; as measured by CsA concentrations during the first month after allo-SCT) and the risk for developing ..
- The unexpected effect of cyclosporin A on CD56+CD16- and CD56+CD16+ natural killer cell subpopulationsHongbo Wang
Department of Pediatrics, Cancer Center, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA
Blood 110:1530-9. 2007..Collectively, these studies show that CSA influences NK-cell function and phenotype, which may have important implications for graft-versus-leukemia effects...
- Cyclosporine and psoriasis: 2008 National Psoriasis Foundation Consensus ConferenceDavid M Rosmarin
Department of Dermatology at Tufts Medical Center and Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 62:838-53. 2010b>Cyclosporine is a valuable option for the treatment of psoriasis. This report summarizes studies regarding the use of cyclosporine since the last guidelines were published in 1998.
- The cyclophilin inhibitor Debio 025 normalizes mitochondrial function, muscle apoptosis and ultrastructural defects in Col6a1-/- myopathic miceT Tiepolo
Department of Histology, University of Padova, I 35121 Padova, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 157:1045-52. 2009..We have investigated the therapeutic effects of the selective cyclophilin inhibitor D-MeAla(3)-EtVal(4)-cyclosporin (Debio 025) in myopathic Col6a1(-/-) mice, a model of muscular dystrophies due to defects of collagen VI...
- Mitochondrial targeting of cyclosporin A enables selective inhibition of cyclophilin-D and enhanced cytoprotection after glucose and oxygen deprivationSylvanie Malouitre
Research Department of Structural and Molecular Biology, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Biochem J 425:137-48. 2010..Moreover, the therapeutic potential of CsA against ischaemia/reperfusion injuries not involving glutamate may be improved by mitochondrial targeting...
- Declining intracellular T-lymphocyte concentration of cyclosporine a precedes acute rejection in kidney transplant recipientsPål Falck
Department of Pharmaceutical Biosciences, School of Pharmacy, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Transplantation 85:179-84. 2008We investigated cyclosporine A (CsA) concentrations at the site of action, inside T-lymphocytes, to evaluate its applicability as a new supplementary therapeutic drug monitoring method after renal transplantation.
- Influence of sirolimus on cyclosporine-induced pancreas islet dysfunction in ratsH K Song
Transplant Research Center, Division of Nephrology, Seoul St Mary s Hospital, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea
Am J Transplant 9:2024-33. 2009This study was performed to investigate the effect of sirolimus (SRL) on cyclosporine (CsA)-induced pancreatic islet dysfunction in rats. Three separate studies were performed...
- A conserved tandem cyclophilin-binding site in hepatitis C virus nonstructural protein 5A regulates Alisporivir susceptibilityHenry Grise
Department of Biological Science, Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida, USA
J Virol 86:4811-22. 2012..Together, these data provide a high-resolution mapping of proline residues important for CyPA binding and identify critical amino acids modulating HCV susceptibility to the clinical CPI Alisporivir...
- Imaging of cyclosporine inhibition of P-glycoprotein activity using 11C-verapamil in the brain: studies of healthy humansMark Muzi
Department of Radiology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195 6004, USA
J Nucl Med 50:1267-75. 2009..BBB using PET of (11)C-verapamil distribution into the brain in the absence and presence of the P-gp inhibitor cyclosporine-A (CsA)...
- Calcineurin inhibitor minimization in the Symphony study: observational results 3 years after transplantationH Ekberg
Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Am J Transplant 9:1876-85. 2009..and lower acute rejection and graft loss rates compared with three other regimens: two with low-doses of cyclosporine or sirolimus instead of tacrolimus and one with no induction and standard cyclosporine dosage...
- Efficacy and safety of rituximab second-line therapy for membranous nephropathy: a prospective, matched-cohort studyPaolo Cravedi
Mario Negri Institute for Pharmacological Research, Bergamo, Italy
Am J Nephrol 33:461-8. 2011..Here we evaluated whether rituximab is equally effective in patients who failed to respond to previous immunosuppressive treatment...
- Topical ophthalmic cyclosporine: pharmacology and clinical usesEric Donnenfeld
Ophthalmic Consultants of Long Island and Connecticut, Rockville Centre, New York 11570, USA
Surv Ophthalmol 54:321-38. 2009b>Cyclosporine has been used successfully as a systemic immunomodulator for more than two decades, and numerous studies have investigated its mechanisms of action. In 2003 an ophthalmic formulation, cyclosporine 0...
- NIM811 (N-methyl-4-isoleucine cyclosporine), a mitochondrial permeability transition inhibitor, attenuates cholestatic liver injury but not fibrosis in miceHasibur Rehman
Department of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical, Sciences, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 327:699-706. 2008..This study investigated whether NIM811 (N-methyl-4-isoleucine cyclosporine), an inhibitor of the mitochondrial permeability transition (MPT), attenuates cholestatic liver injury in vivo...
- Cyclosporine A attenuates hypoxic-ischemic brain injury in newborn ratsJong Hee Hwang
Department of Pediatrics, Ilsan Paik Hospital, College of Medicine, Inje University, Ilsan, Republic of Korea
Brain Res 1359:208-15. 2010b>Cyclosporine A (CsA) is neuroprotective in ischemic brain injuries of adult animals because it blocks the permeability transition of the mitochondrial membrane...
- Topical cyclosporine in thyroid orbitopathy-related dry eye: clinical findings, conjunctival epithelial apoptosis, and MMP-9 expressionCanan Gürdal
Ankara Ataturk Training and Research Hospital, 2nd Ophthalmology Department, Ankara, Turkey
Curr Eye Res 35:771-7. 2010To evaluate the effects of topical cyclosporine A (CsA) 0.05% (Restasis) on the signs and symptoms of dry eye, on apoptosis, and on MMP-9 expression in conjunctiva epithelial cells in thyroid orbitopathy (TO)-related dry eye patients.
- Influence of ABCB1 genetic polymorphisms on cyclosporine intracellular concentration in transplant recipientsSeverine Crettol
Unit of Biochemistry and Clinical Psychopharmacology, Centre of Psychiatric Neuroscience, Department of Psychiatry, CHUV, University of Lausanne, Hospital of Cery, Prilly, Switzerland
Pharmacogenet Genomics 18:307-15. 2008The expression on lymphocytes of P-glycoprotein, an efflux transporter encoded by the ABCB1 gene, might influence cyclosporine intracellular concentration.
- Evaluation of the anti-hepatitis C virus effects of cyclophilin inhibitors, cyclosporin A, and NIM811Kaku Goto
Laboratory of Human Tumor Viruses, Department of Viral Oncology, Institute for Virus Research, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 343:879-84. 2006..Both CyP inhibitors rapidly reduced HCV RNA levels even further in combination with IFNalpha without modifying the IFNalpha signal transduction pathway. In conclusion, CyP inhibitors may provide a novel strategy for anti-HCV treatment...
- Ophthalmic delivery of cyclosporine A by punctal plugsChhavi Gupta
Chemical Engineering Department, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611 6005, USA
J Control Release 150:70-6. 2011Dry eyes are treated by instillation of eye drops of cyclosporine A emulsion or by punctal plug insertion in canaliculus to block tear drainage...
- Cyclosporine A attenuates mitochondrial permeability transition and improves mitochondrial respiratory function in cardiomyocytes isolated from dogs with heart failureVictor G Sharov
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Henry Ford Heart and Vascular Institute, Detroit, Michigan 48202, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 42:150-8. 2007..b>Cyclosporine A significantly slowed the exit of calcein from mitochondria of failing cardiomyocytes and increased ..
- Novel Macrolide Th17 InhibitorsJay K Kolls; Fiscal Year: 2012..In this screen we included known compounds such as calcineurin inhibitors (Cyclosporine A), FK-506, and rapamycin, which are known suppressors of T-cell function...
- Molecular Mechanism of Immune Therapy for Bone Marrow FailuresPearlie K Epling-Burnette; Fiscal Year: 2013..with immunosuppressive therapy (IST) such as low-dose methotrexate (MTX), low- dose cyclophosphamide (CY) or cyclosporine A (CyA) and, in the case of aplastic anemia and MDS, T cell depletion with anti-thymocyte globulin (ATG)...
- Dysfunctional PGC-1alpha expression in skeletal muscle during diabetesS Russ Price; Fiscal Year: 2013..e., cyclosporine A, FK506)...
- Depot calcineurin inhibitors to prevent graft rejectionThomas J Smith; Fiscal Year: 2010..Substantial inter-and intra-patient variability of the calcineurin inhibitors cyclosporine A (CsA) and tacrolimus (Tac) means that even frequent drug monitoring cannot eradicate rejection due to sub- ..
- A Clinical Trial to Prevent New Onset Diabetes After TransplantationAkinlolu O Ojo; Fiscal Year: 2013..insulin resistance and hepatic gluconeogenesis;(3) direct beta-cell injury by the calcineurin inhibitor (cyclosporine or tacrolimus) and;(4) increased dietary caloric load secondary to the abrogation of chronic uremia-related ..
- L-arginine supplement for the prevention of calcineurin inhibitor nephrotoxicityW Ray Kim; Fiscal Year: 2011..Post-LTx renal insufficiency is most commonly a result of long term exposure to calcineurin inhibitors, namely cyclosporine and tacrolimus, used to prevent and treat rejection...
- The role of intracellular trafficking pathways in calcium signalingSuzette Farber-Katz; Fiscal Year: 2013..The characterization of these proteins will lead to the elucidation of novel pathways that control calcium signaling. ..
- Role of the Unfolded Protein Response in Beta CellRandal J Kaufman; Fiscal Year: 2013..a. How does Irel a change membrane association of mRNAs? b. Can antioxidants, cyclosporine A, or chemical chaperones improve ire1d''p cell function and change mRNA cellular localization? c...
- Novel Antifungal Therapeutic ApproachesJoseph Heitman; Fiscal Year: 2012..The goal is to harness signaling cascades to develop novel antifungal therapies. ..
- Role of Ca2+/Calcineurin Signaling in S. cerevisiaeMartha S Cyert; Fiscal Year: 2013..Preliminary observations suggest roles for CN and Whi3 in yeast stress granules, which form in response to glucose starvation and contain non-translating mRNAs complexed with initiation factors. ..
- Cyclosporine in Interstitial Cystitis: Efficacy, Safety and Mechanism of ActionDaniel Shoskes; Fiscal Year: 2013..Therapy with oral Cyclosporine A (CyA) has shown some efficacy in this condition and is a fifth line therapy in the Guidelines of the American ..
- Stat5b in Lymphomagenesis: Mechanistic and Therapeutic ImplicationsJohn A Kelly; Fiscal Year: 2012..These experiments have the potential to advance the therapeutic approaches in lymphoma and other malignancies. ..
- Hepatic drug metabolism in inflammationRomi Ghose; Fiscal Year: 2009..Finally, these studies will provide a basis for screening of individualswith polymorphisms in TLR genes during clinical trials of new drugs. ..
- Genotyping and Phenotyping the Hepatitis C Drug Target NS5AROBERT T STRIKER; Fiscal Year: 2011..that have pre- and post-transplant samples to determine if the earliest version of a cyclophilin inhibitor (cyclosporine) that is already in use in transplant patients for purposes other than as an antiviral breeds HCV resistance...
- Role of Calcineurin in Fungal VirulenceJoseph Heitman; Fiscal Year: 2009..Importantly, this pathway can be targeted for therapeutic intervention using non-immunosuppressive calcineurin inhibitors that retain antifungal activity and synergistic drug combinations that we have discovered. ..
- The role of Nox2 in CNI-induced renal fibrosisArjang Djamali; Fiscal Year: 2013..CNIs including cyclosporine A (CsA) and tacrolimus (TAC) are the backbone of anti-rejection therapy in transplantation...
- Cyclophilin-CD147 interaction in autoimmune arthritisStephanie L Constant; Fiscal Year: 2010..group of highly abundant cellular proteins mostly known as intracellular receptors for immunosuppressive drug, cyclosporine A, but also exerting extracellular activities...
- NFAT and MEF-2 Choreograph Bladder Wall Remodeling Following Partial Outlet ObstrSTEPHEN ANTHONY ZDERIC; Fiscal Year: 2010..With administration of cyclosporine A (CSA), the resulting bladder hypertrophy is diminished, and there is a reversal of the myosin heavy chain (..
- Three-dimensional Human Kidney Tissue System for Studying Renal DiseasesJeannine Coburn; Fiscal Year: 2013..Nephrotoxin-induced tubule damage will be investigated using cyclosporine, gentamicin and cisplatin...
- Comparative Effectiveness of Biologics for PsoriasisJoel M Gelfand; Fiscal Year: 2010..of existing therapies for moderate to severe psoriasis such as phototherapy, acitretin, methotrexate, cyclosporine, alefacept, etanercept, adalimumab, infliximab, and ustekinumab...
- Application of Evolutionary Principles to Maintain Cancer Control (PQ21)Robert A Gatenby; Fiscal Year: 2013..Finally, we will also study how the addition of estrogen during therapy intervals can be used to increase the fitness of ER+ cells and thus maintain the number of hormonal therapy- sensitive cells. ..
- A Structural Approach for Treating Drug Resistant Fungal PathogensMitchell W Mutz; Fiscal Year: 2013..4. Screen and select compounds against both C. albicans and non-albicans Candida strains. ..
- Exploring the Physiology of Leukemic Stem Cells by Mechanisms of Drug ResistanceRobert W Storms; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies explore that relationship to help lay the groundwork for therapies that specifically target multiple drug resistance and leukemia stem cells. ..
- Cyclophilin D as a Therapeutic Target following Traumatic Brain InjuryPatrick G Sullivan; Fiscal Year: 2013..Based on the results of these studies, we anticipate that NIM811 will exhibit strong potential as novel therapy for TBI. ..
- Training Program in Nephrology ResearchAlfred K Cheung; Fiscal Year: 2011..of chronic renal failure, studying the mechanisms of renal fibrosis in models of diabetic nephropathy, chronic cyclosporine nephropathy, and mesangial proliferative GN;4) renal development, emphasizing relevant transcriptional ..
- Calcineurin Phosphatase in Cell Signaling PathwaysChi Wing Chow; Fiscal Year: 2010..Defining the role of calcineurin in the 2- adrenergic receptor signaling pathways, therefore, will advance our knowledge of post- transplantation care. ..
- Cyclophilins, Cyclophilin Inhibitors and Hepatitis CPHILIPPE ANDRE GALLAY; Fiscal Year: 2013..Thus, the development of alternative treatments is essential. The immunosuppressive drug cyclosporine A (CsA) was reported to be clinically effective against HCV infection...
- Role of Immune Cells in Immunosuppressive Drug-Induced HypertensionBrett M Mitchell; Fiscal Year: 2013..to elucidate the immunological mechanisms by which alterations in T cells caused by the immunosuppressive drugs cyclosporine A (CsA) and FK506 (tacrolimus) alter endothelial function and blood pressure regulation...
- Elucidating the role of T-regs in engraftment, GVHD, and DLI immunotherapyChristene A Huang; Fiscal Year: 2013..of miniature swine with a low-dose of total body irradiation, partial T-cell depletion, and a short course of cyclosporine A has reliably established donor HC engraftment without GVHD despite infusion of a very high dose of T-cell ..
- A new class of immunomodulator, CRAC channel blockersYousang Gwack; Fiscal Year: 2013..Such small molecule blockers targeting Orai1 activity is likely to have much less side effects than immunosuppressive drugs such as cyclosporin A and tacrolimus because the CRAC channel is specifically predominant in immune cells. ..
- Functional and structural characterization of spliceosomal cyclophilinsTara L Davis; Fiscal Year: 2011..These reagents will be used to elucidate the spliceosome's involvement in disease pathologies. ..
- The Importance of Prolyl 3-hydroxylation in recessive Osteogenesis ImperfectaERICA PAIGE HOMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Psoriasis treatments, cardiovascular disease, and diabetesLisa J Herrinton; Fiscal Year: 2013..The drugs under study will include anti-TNF agents, methotrexate, oral retinoids and cyclosporine. Risk on these drugs will be compared to risk on phototherapy without systemic agent...
- The Role of DEK in the Development of ArthritisNirit Mor Vaknin; Fiscal Year: 2011..These insights are very important to our ability to develop a new strategy to the diagnosis/treatment of JIA, and to improve the present and future health of children with arthritis and related diseases. ..
- CELL AND MOLECULAR BIOLOGICAL ANALYSIS OF SYNAPTOPODINPETER H MUNDEL; Fiscal Year: 2013..the podocyte actin cytoskeleton into a migratory phenotype We also established that the calcineurin inhibitor cyclosporine A protects against proteinuria by stabilizing synaptopodin steady-state levels in podocytes...
- Pathophysiology of Post-Transplantation CancerSoumitro Pal; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our preliminary studies have shown that the immunosuppressive agent Cyclosporine A (CsA) (known to activate Ras, and to promote tumor growth) can induce CXCL10, and can also markedly ..
- Balance of Type 1 and 17 T cell Responses in Airway Rejection: The Role of T-betELIZABETH ANN LENDERMON; Fiscal Year: 2011..In addition, preliminary data suggests the cyclosporine A, a calcineurin-inhibitor used widely in recipients of solid organ transplant to prevent rejection, inhibits T-..
- Functional and structural characterization of spliceosomal cyclophilinsTara L Davis; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Polyomavirus and Mentoring in Renal TransplantationDaniel C Brennan; Fiscal Year: 2012..of polyomavirus (BK) in the urine and blood was the same in patients randomized to receive tacrolimus or cyclosporine. We found that BK appears in the urine before the blood and that levels in the urine are far greater in the ..
- Drugging the Undruggable: Targeting Transcription Factors with Small Cyclic PeptJoshua A Kritzer; Fiscal Year: 2010..However, potent natural products such as cyclosporine and rapamycin can bind diverse, non-traditional targets that would otherwise be overlooked...
- Tracking conformational states in enzyme catalysts using correlated X-ray scatterSebastian Doniach; Fiscal Year: 2013..CypA is the target of the widely used immunosuppressive cyclosporine. The HIV virus has been shown to use human cyclophilin during its final stages of viral replication.
- Biosynthesis of Antifungal Lipopeptides from Filamentous FungiYi Tang; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Complement-mediated injury of the kidney: New mechanisms and novel therapiesJoshua M Thurman; Fiscal Year: 2013..These experiments will utilize cyclosporine to generate endothelial microparticles and test whether they cause injury in factor H deficient mice...
- Molecular mechanism of cellular activation of the hepatitis C virus polymeraseJulie Akiko Heck; Fiscal Year: 2010..The experiments proposed here would improve our understanding of the mechanism of HCV replication, which in turn should aid the development of more widely effective antiviral drugs. ..
- Neuronal specific Autophagy SignalingDale M Ando; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- The Role of DEK in the Development of ArthritisNirit Mor-Vaknin; Fiscal Year: 2013..These insights are very important to our ability to develop a new strategy to the diagnosis/treatment of JIA, and to improve the present and future health of children with arthritis and related diseases. ..
- The Role of Gut Bacteria in Kupffer Cell Development and FunctionNatasha Corbitt; Fiscal Year: 2013..Alternative strategies preventing liver graft rejection without suppressing the immune system have the potential to change the quality of life of thousands of people. ..
- A Phase II Trial of Rituximab In Myasthenia GravisRichard Nowak; Fiscal Year: 2013..therapy with acetylcholinesterase inhibitors and immunotherapy such as corticosteroids, azathioprine, cyclosporine, and plasma exchange (PLEX) and intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIg)...
- PRECLINICAL CYCLOSPORIN A THERAPY TRIALS FOR PEDIATRIC TBISUSAN SHEPS MARGULIES; Fiscal Year: 2012..This state-of-the-art, innovative preclinical study design can be applied to future evaluations of other therapies longer treatment windows, other ages, other brain injuries, and to other agents that promote neurorecovery or repair. ..
- Novel Therapies for Resistant FSGSHoward Trachtman; Fiscal Year: 2011..situation, a national multicenter NIDDK-funded randomized clinical trial is underway to compare the efficacy of cyclosporine, the current standard of care, with a combination of MMF and oral dexamethasone pulses in patients with steroid-..
- Mast cells and immunosuppression in skin cancerTraci A Wilgus; Fiscal Year: 2013..Recent studies have demonstrated that cyclosporine A, an immunosuppressive drug commonly taken by transplant patients, alters skin carcinogenesis...
- Multicenter Trial of Focal GlomerulosclerosisDebbie Gipson; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed case-control study will evaluate risk factors for the development of FSGS such as body mass, birth weight, viral illnesses and smoking in all patients screened for entry into the trial. ..
- Multi-Mechanism Inhibition of Lipid Peroxidation in TBIEdward D Hall; Fiscal Year: 2013..4-hydroxynonenal (4-HNE) scavenger phenelzine or with the mitochondrial permeability transition inhibitor cyclosporine (CsA) can partially attenuate posttraumatic brain LP damage, mitochondrial dysfunction and calpain-mediated ..
- A novel bioengineered technique to rapidly and permanently repair cut PNS nervesGEORGE DAVIS BITTNER; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- New Strategies for Modulation of Corneal and Ocular Surface InflammationReza Dana; Fiscal Year: 2012..Specifically, the following clinical studies are envisioned: 1. Use of topical cyclosporine-A (CsA) for prevention of chronic ocular graft-versus-host disease (GVHD), wherein we hypothesize that ..
- Nonmyeloablative Allografting for Immunodeficiency & Other Nonmalignant DisordersLAURI M BURROUGHS; Fiscal Year: 2010..or 2 Gy TBI plus fludarabine (n=13) followed by postgrafting immunosuppression with mycophenolate mofetil and cyclosporine. Importantly, markedly decreased TRM was observed compared to conventional regimens, and disease responses were ..
- Cyclosporine, Cyclophilins and HCV ReplicationHengli Tang; Fiscal Year: 2012..In addition, CyPA is a principal mediator of HCV resistance to cyclosporine A (CsA) and its derivatives, which inhibit HCV replication with an undefined mechanism and are currently being ..
- Ph 3 of Cyclosporine or Corticosteroids Adjunct to Plasma Exhcange in Tx of TTPHaifeng M Wu; Fiscal Year: 2013..initiated a phase III clinical trial with an internal pilot study entitled "A Multi-Center, Randomized Study of Cyclosporine (CSA) or Corticosteroids as an Adjunct to Plasma Exchange (PE) in Initial Therapy of TTP...
- Traumatic Brain Injury Clinical Trials NetworkJohn D Ward; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Biochemistry and Biophysics of the Preocular Tear FilmIgor A Butovich; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Statins for Prevention of GVHDMARCO B MIELCAREK; Fiscal Year: 2013..The protective effect was restricted to recipients given cyclosporine (CSP)-based postgrafting immunosuppression and not observed among those given tacrolimus (TAC)...
- New Approaches to Axonal Protection After TBIThomas M Reeves; Fiscal Year: 2013..The long-term goal is to translate findings from these laboratory studies to the development of therapeutic strategies to improve white matter functioning specifically, and outcome of TBI generally, in human patients. ..
- UROTHELIAL CELL ACTIVATION IN INTERSTITIAL CYSTITISMonica Liebert; Fiscal Year: 1993....
- MODULATION OF MULTIDRUG RESISTANCE BY CYCLOSPORIN ACharles Erlichman; Fiscal Year: 1992..The proposed studies will evaluate the importance of P-glycoprotein in clinical resistance to MDR and determine whether cyclosporin A can reverse the MDR phenotype in patients...
- PHENYTOIN PATHOGENESIS OF GINGIVAL OVERGROWTHThomas Hassell; Fiscal Year: 1990..Four new drugs also have this side effect (cyclosporine-A, nifedipine, valproic acid, felodipine)...
- MECHANISM BASED DRUG SELECTION AND DESIGN FOR T GONDIIKeith Joiner; Fiscal Year: 1999..The administrative core (Joiner) manages the structure necessary for continuing the highly interactive research programs established in the first funding cycle. ..
- PATHOGENESIS AND PREVENTION OF IDDMHugh McDevitt; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies will rely on the same techniques used by Drs. Chien and Davis to trace the development of islet cell specific T cells in the NOD mouse. ..
- Sustained release calcineurin inhibitors for the prevention of graft rejectionThomas Smith; Fiscal Year: 2007..inhibitors by developing sustained release subcutaneous injectable formulations for the drugs tacrolimus and cyclosporine. Substantial inter-and intra-patient variability means that even frequent drug monitoring cannot eradicate ..
- ROLE OF CYCLOSPORINE METABOLISM IN TRANSPLANTATIONNEIL LEMPERT; Fiscal Year: 1990b>Cyclosporine (CsA) is a potent immunosuppressive agent whose widespread usage is severely restricted by its nephrotoxic side effects...
- CYCLOPHILIN C FUNCTIONJeffrey Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2001..from applicant's abstract) Cyclophilin C (cyp C) is a member of a highly conserved and growing family of cyclosporine A (CsA) binding proteins found in bacteria, unicellular organisms and all plant and animal species tested...