Genomes and Genes
Summary: An antiviral that is used in the prophylactic or symptomatic treatment of influenza A. It is also used as an antiparkinsonian agent, to treat extrapyramidal reactions, and for postherpetic neuralgia. The mechanisms of its effects in movement disorders are not well understood but probably reflect an increase in synthesis and release of dopamine, with perhaps some inhibition of dopamine uptake.
Publications280 found, 100 shown here
- Placebo-controlled trial of amantadine for severe traumatic brain injuryJoseph T Giacino
JFK Johnson Rehabilitation Institute, Edison, NJ, USA
N Engl J Med 366:819-26. 2012b>Amantadine hydrochloride is one of the most commonly prescribed medications for patients with prolonged disorders of consciousness after traumatic brain injury...
- Efficacy of combined therapy with amantadine, oseltamivir, and ribavirin in vivo against susceptible and amantadine-resistant influenza A virusesJack T Nguyen
Adamas Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Emeryville, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e31006. 2012..We describe a triple combination antiviral drug (TCAD) regimen composed of amantadine, oseltamivir, and ribavirin that is highly efficacious at reducing mortality and weight loss in mouse models of ..
- Structure of the amantadine binding site of influenza M2 proton channels in lipid bilayersSarah D Cady
Department of Chemistry, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa 50011 2, USA
Nature 463:689-92. 2010..M2 protein of influenza A virus is a membrane-spanning tetrameric proton channel targeted by the antiviral drugs amantadine and rimantadine...
- Freezing of gait in patients with advanced Parkinson's diseaseN Giladi
Department of Neurology, Tel-Aviv Medical Center, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel-Aviv University, Israel
J Neural Transm 108:53-61. 2001..07) while longer duration of amantadine treatment decreased the appearance of FOG (p = 0.09)...
- Synergistic antidyskinetic effects of topiramate and amantadine in animal models of Parkinson's diseaseChristopher Kobylecki
Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom
Mov Disord 26:2354-63. 2011L-Dopa-induced dyskinesia in patients with Parkinson's disease can be alleviated by amantadine, an antagonist at N-methyl-D-aspartate glutamate receptors...
- Pathological gambling in Parkinson disease is reduced by amantadineAstrid Thomas
Department of Neurology, University G D Annunzio, Chieti and Pescara, Italy
Ann Neurol 68:400-4. 2010To investigate the possible efficacy of amantadine in the control of pathological gambling (PG) associated with Parkinson disease (PD), 17 PD patients with PG were randomly selected for a double-blind crossover study with amantadine 200mg/..
- Functional studies indicate amantadine binds to the pore of the influenza A virus M2 proton-selective ion channelXianghong Jing
Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, and Cell Biology, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL 60208 3500, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:10967-72. 2008..ion channels, A/M2 and BM2, respectively, and the A/M2 channel activity is inhibited by the drugs amantadine and its methyl derivative rimantadine...
- Amantadine-resistance among H5N1 avian influenza viruses isolated in Northern ChinaGuimei He
Department of Pathophysiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, China Agricultural University, Beijing 100094, People s Republic of China
Antiviral Res 77:72-6. 2008We tested the amantadine-resistance among avian influenza A (H5N1) viruses isolated from chicken in Hebei Province of Northern China from 2001 to 2005, and investigated the amantadine use in this area...
- Design and pharmacological characterization of inhibitors of amantadine-resistant mutants of the M2 ion channel of influenza A virusVictoria Balannik
Department of Neurobiology and Physiology, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois 60208 3500, USA
Biochemistry 48:11872-82. 2009The A/M2 proton channel of influenza A virus is a target for the anti-influenza drugs amantadine and rimantadine, whose effectiveness was diminished by the appearance of naturally occurring point mutants in the A/M2 channel pore, among ..
- Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of peginterferon alfa-2a (40KD) plus ribavirin with or without amantadine in treatment-naïve patients with chronic hepatitis C genotype 1 infectionPeter Ferenci
Department of Internal Medicine IV, Medical University, Vienna, Austria
J Hepatol 44:275-82. 2006b>Amantadine may augment virological response rates to interferon-based therapy in chronic hepatitis C patients...
- Intravenous amantadine improves levadopa-induced dyskinesias: an acute double-blind placebo-controlled studyP Del Dotto
Department of Neuroscience, Neurology Section, University of Pisa, Via Roma 67, 56100 Pisa, Italy
Mov Disord 16:515-20. 2001..Our objective was to evaluate the acute effect of amantadine, a noncompetitive antagonist of the N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor, on levodopa-induced dyskinesias, and ..
- Oseltamivir, zanamivir and amantadine in the prevention of influenza: a systematic reviewRachel J Jackson
Health Economics and Decision Science, School of Health and Related Research, University of Sheffield, Regent Court, 30 Regent Street, Sheffield, UK
J Infect 62:14-25. 2011To systematically review evidence relating to the clinical efficacy of oseltamivir, zanamivir and amantadine in the prevention of influenza.
- Amantadine attenuates levodopa-induced dyskinesia in mice and rats preventing the accompanying rise in nigral GABA levelsSimone Bido
Department of Experimental and Clinical Medicine, Section of Pharmacology, University of Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy
J Neurochem 118:1043-55. 2011b>Amantadine is the only drug marketed for treating levodopa-induced dyskinesia. However, its impact on basal ganglia circuitry in the dyskinetic brain, particularly on the activity of striatofugal pathways, has not been evaluated...
- Emergence and phylogenetic analysis of amantadine-resistant influenza a subtype H3N2 viruses in Dublin, Ireland, over Six Seasons from 2003/2004 to 2008/2009A Salter
Department of Clinical Microbiology, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
Intervirology 54:305-15. 2011To determine the prevalence of amantadine-resistant influenza A viruses and perform genetic analysis of isolates collected in Dublin during six seasons (2003/2004 to 2008/2009).
- Amantadine for dyskinesias in Parkinson's disease: a randomized controlled trialHideyuki Sawada
Clinical Research Center, Utano National Hospital, Kyoto City, Japan
PLoS ONE 5:e15298. 2010..The purpose of the present study was to investigate the efficacy of amantadine in Parkinson's disease patients suffering from dyskinesias.
- Triple-combination antiviral drug for pandemic H1N1 influenza virus infection in critically ill patients on mechanical ventilationWon Young Kim
Department of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Songpa Gu, Seoul 138 736, Republic of Korea sbh
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 55:5703-9. 2011A recent in vitro study showed that the three compounds of antiviral drugs with different mechanisms of action (amantadine, ribavirin, and oseltamivir) could result in synergistic antiviral activity against influenza virus...
- Inhibitory effects on HAV IRES-mediated translation and replication by a combination of amantadine and interferon-alphaLingli Yang
Department of Medicine and Clinical Oncology, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chuo Ku, Chiba 260 8670, Japan
Virol J 7:212. 2010Hepatitis A virus (HAV) causes acute hepatitis and sometimes leads to fulminant hepatitis. Amantadine is a tricyclic symmetric amine that inhibits the replication of many DNA and RNA viruses...
- The involvement of a Na⁺- and Cl⁻-dependent transporter in the brain uptake of amantadine and rimantadineSander A A Kooijmans
Drug Delivery, Disposition and Dynamics, Monash Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Monash University, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Mol Pharm 9:883-93. 2012Despite their structural similarity, the two anti-influenza adamantane compounds amantadine (AMA) and rimantadine (RIM) exhibit strikingly different rates of blood-brain barrier (BBB) transport...
- Emergence of amantadine-resistant avian influenza H5N1 virus in IndiaC Tosh
High Security Animal Disease Laboratory, Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Anand Nagar, Bhopal, India
Virus Genes 42:10-5. 2011..acid substitution from serine-to-asparagine at position 31 of M2 ion channel protein suggesting emergence of amantadine-resistant mutants not previously reported in HPAI H5N1 outbreaks in India...
- New method for high-performance liquid chromatographic determination of amantadine and its analogues in rat plasmaCui Shuangjin
Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing 210009, China
J Pharm Biomed Anal 44:1100-5. 2007A novel precolumn derivatization method is described for the quantitative determination of amantadine, rimantadine and memantine in biological samples by HPLC with UV detection...
- Human neurons express the polyspecific cation transporter hOCT2, which translocates monoamine neurotransmitters, amantadine, and memantineA E Busch
Institut fur Physiologie, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Mol Pharmacol 54:342-52. 1998..transport of norepinephrine, histamine, dopamine, serotonin, and the antiparkinsonian drugs memantine and amantadine was demonstrated by tracer influx, tracer efflux, electrical measurements, or a combination...
- Does amantadine have favourable effects on fatigue in Persian patients suffering from multiple sclerosis?Fereshteh Ashtari
Neurology Department, Isfahan Neurosciences Research Centre, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Iran
Neurol Neurochir Pol 43:428-32. 2009..b>Amantadine is one of the medications prescribed for fatigue in MS...
- Quantification of the Mg2+-induced potency shift of amantadine and memantine voltage-dependent block in human recombinant GluN1/GluN2A NMDARsH J Otton
Centre for Integrative Physiology, University of Edinburgh, Hugh Robson Building, George Square, Edinburgh EH8 9XD, UK
Neuropharmacology 60:388-96. 2011Clinically, amantadine and memantine are drugs whose therapeutic utility is linked to their ability to block N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors (NMDARs) in a voltage-dependent manner...
- Oseltamivir- and amantadine-resistant influenza viruses A (H1N1)Peter K C Cheng
Centre for Health Protection, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, People s Republic of China
Emerg Infect Dis 15:966-8. 2009Surveillance of amantadine and oseltamivir resistance among influenza viruses was begun in Hong Kong in 2006...
- Why amantadine loses its function in influenza m2 mutants: MD simulationsChittima Laohpongspaisan
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Chulalongkorn University, Phayathai Road, Patumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
J Chem Inf Model 49:847-52. 2009..M2 mutants, A30T, S31N, and L26I, were carried out to investigate the inhibition of M2 activity using amantadine (AMT). The closed and open channel conformations were examined via non- and triply protonated H37...
- Repeated co-treatment with imipramine and amantadine induces hippocampal brain-derived neurotrophic factor gene expression in ratsZ Rogoz
Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Pharmacology, Polish Academy of Sciences, Krakow, Poland
J Physiol Pharmacol 58:219-34. 2007..earlier papers we described synergistic, antidepressant-like effects of a combination of imipramine (IMI) and amantadine (AMA) in the forced swimming test in rats, an animal model of depression...
- Detection of amantadine-resistant variants among avian influenza viruses isolated in North America and AsiaNatalia A Ilyushina
St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Virology 341:102-6. 2005Here, we report the diversity of amantadine-resistant mutants among avian influenza A viruses with pandemic potential (H5, H6, H7, and H9 hemagglutinin subtypes)...
- Combined blockade of AMPA and NMDA glutamate receptors reduces levodopa-induced motor complications in animal models of PDF Bibbiani
ETB, NINDS, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Exp Neurol 196:422-9. 2005..of the selective AMPA receptor antagonist GYKI-47261 and the selective NMDA receptor antagonists, MK-801 and amantadine, to mitigate these syndromes in rodent and primate models of Parkinson's disease...
- Contribution of H7 haemagglutinin to amantadine resistance and infectivity of influenza virusNatalia A Ilyushina
Division of Virology, Department of Infectious Diseases, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
J Gen Virol 88:1266-74. 2007In the present study we determined the antiviral effect of amantadine against influenza A/Netherlands/219/03 (H7N7) virus in cell culture and in a mouse model...
- Long-term antidyskinetic efficacy of amantadine in Parkinson's diseaseElisabeth Wolf
Department of Neurology, Medical University Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
Mov Disord 25:1357-63. 2010Several randomized placebo-controlled trials have consistently shown antidyskinetic effects of amantadine in levodopa treated patients with advanced Parkinson's disease (PD)...
- Amantadine use associated with impulse control disorders in Parkinson disease in cross-sectional studyDaniel Weintraub
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Ann Neurol 68:963-8. 2010A recent controlled clinical trial suggested a role for amantadine as a treatment for pathological gambling in patients with Parkinson disease (PD)...
- Structural basis for the function and inhibition of an influenza virus proton channelAmanda L Stouffer
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Nature 451:596-9. 2008..M2 is the target of the anti-influenza drugs amantadine and rimantadine; recently, resistance to these drugs in humans, birds and pigs has reached more than 90% (ref...
- A randomized trial of amantadine in Huntington diseasePadraig O'Suilleabhain
Department of Neurology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas 75390, USA
Arch Neurol 60:996-8. 2003Huntington chorea, like levodopa-induced dyskinesias, may be responsive to amantadine hydrochloride treatment.
- High frequency of resistant viruses harboring different mutations in amantadine-treated children with influenzaKyoko Shiraishi
Division of Virology, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
J Infect Dis 188:57-61. 2003Clinical samples from 15 amantadine-treated children were collected serially-before, during, and/or after treatment-and were studied to determine the actual prevalence, timing, and clinical implications of M2 mutational events...
- Modeling amantadine treatment of influenza A virus in vitroCatherine A A Beauchemin
Department of Physics, Ryerson University, 350 Victoria St, Toronto, ON M5B2K3, Canada
J Theor Biol 254:439-51. 2008..MDCK cells in vitro inside a hollow-fiber (HF) system, which was used to continuously deliver the drug amantadine. The HF system captures the dynamics of an influenza infection, and is a controlled environment for producing ..
- How amantadine and rimantadine inhibit proton transport in the M2 protein channelPathumwadee Intharathep
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Chulalongkorn University, Phayathai Road, Patumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
J Mol Graph Model 27:342-8. 2008..In the presence of inhibitor, water density in the channel was considerably better reduced by rimantadine than amantadine, agreed well with the experimental IC(50) values...
- Selection of inhibitor-resistant viral potassium channels identifies a selectivity filter site that affects barium and amantadine blockFranck C Chatelain
Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e7496. 2009....
- Epidemiologic study of influenza infection in Okinawa, Japan, from 2001 to 2007: changing patterns of seasonality and prevalence of amantadine-resistant influenza A virusYasushi Suzuki
Department of Public Health, Niigata University, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, 1 757, Asahimachi Dori, Niigata City, Niigata Prefecture 951 8510, Japan
J Clin Microbiol 47:623-9. 2009To clarify seasonal influenza patterns and the prevalence of amantadine-resistant influenza A viruses in Okinawa, located at the southern extremity of Japan in a subtropical climate, we conducted a laboratory-based study of influenza ..
- The p7 protein of hepatitis C virus forms an ion channel that is blocked by the antiviral drug, AmantadineStephen D C Griffin
School of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Leeds, Division of Microbiology Old Medical School, Thoresby Place, Leeds LS2 9JT, UK
FEBS Lett 535:34-8. 2003..This activity is abrogated by Amantadine, a compound that inhibits ion channels of influenza [Hay, A.J. et al. (1985) EMBO J. 4, 3021-3024; Duff, K.C...
- How does influenza virus a escape from amantadine?Guangrong Qin
Drug Discovery and Design Center, State Key Laboratory of Drug Research, Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 201203, China
J Phys Chem B 114:8487-93. 2010Antiflu drugs such as amantadine (AMT) were reported to be insensitive to influenza A virus gradually after their marketing...
- Amantadine therapy in renal transplant patients with hepatitis C virus infectionNassim Kamar
Department of Nephrology, Dialysis and Transplantation, CHU Toulouse Rangueil, TSA 50032, 31059 Toulouse Cedex 9, France
J Clin Virol 30:110-4. 2004To date, there is no safe and efficient treatment of hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection after renal transplantation. Recently, there were encouraging reports after using amantadine in HCV-positive immunocompetent patients.
- Safety of perioperative treatment with intravenous amantadine in patients with Parkinson diseaseAeyal Raz
Departments of Anesthesiology, Neurology, Rabin Medical Center, Petach Tikva, and Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel and Department of Anesthesiology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI
Clin Neuropharmacol 36:166-9. 2013..The aim of the study was to investigate the safety and efficacy of intravenous administration of amantadine on parkinsonian features during and after surgery.
- Amantadine- and oseltamivir-resistant variants of influenza A viruses in ThailandGui Rong Bai
Section of Viral Infections, Thailand Japan Research Collaboration Center on Emerging and Re emerging Infections, Nonthaburi 11000, Thailand
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 390:897-901. 2009b>Amantadine and oseltamivir are used to treat influenza A virus infections; however, resistance to these drugs has been widely reported throughout the world...
- Large-scale sequence analysis of M gene of influenza A viruses from different species: mechanisms for emergence and spread of amantadine resistanceYuki Furuse
Department of Virology, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine 2 1 Seiryou mach, Aoba ku, Sendai, 980 8575, Japan
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:4457-63. 2009Influenza A virus infects many species, and amantadine is used as an antiviral agent...
- Plasma amantadine concentrations in patients with Parkinson's diseaseN Nishikawa
Department of Medicine Neurology, Ehime University Graduate School of Medicine, Shitsukawa Tohon, Ehime 791 0295, Japan
Parkinsonism Relat Disord 15:351-3. 2009We determined plasma amantadine concentrations in patients with Parkinson's disease (PD) in daily clinical practice and investigated the relationship between plasma concentration and adverse reactions to clarify the safe therapeutic range...
- Reversible amantadine-induced corneal edema in an adolescentBradley Hughes
Cornea Service, Jones Eye Institute, and Department of Ophthalmology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR, USA
Cornea 23:823-4. 2004To document reversible corneal edema caused by amantadine in a pediatric patient.
- Amantadine treatment following traumatic brain injury in childrenSharon E Williams
Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5719, USA
Brain Inj 21:885-9. 2007The focus of this paper is to review the current literature on the use of amantadine in children who have sustained a head injury.
- Emergence and transmission of amantadine-resistant influenza A in a nursing homeMargo Schilling
University of Iowa, Iowa City, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 52:2069-73. 2004To prospectively detect amantadine-resistant influenza when amantadine was used for influenza A outbreak control.
- Amantadine in pediatric patients with traumatic brain injury: a retrospective, case-controlled studyLiza B Green
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Michigan Health Systems, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48103, USA
Am J Phys Med Rehabil 83:893-7. 2004To determine if amantadine use in pediatric patients with traumatic brain injury is well tolerated and to attempt to assess its effectiveness.
- Regulation of amantadine hydrochloride binding with IIA subdomain of human serum albumin by fatty acid chainsFeng Yang
State Key Laboratory Cultivation Base for the Chemistry and Molecular Engineering of Medicinal Resources, Ministry of Science and Technology of China Guangxi Normal University, Guilin, Guangxi, China
J Pharm Sci 102:84-92. 2013..For our experiments, we tested amantadine hydrochloride, a cationic drug with antiviral and antiparkinsonian effects...
- N-Methyl-D-Aspartate antagonists in levodopa induced dyskinesia: a meta-analysisBehzad Elahi
Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Can J Neurol Sci 39:465-72. 2012..In this study, we compared the efficacy of NMDA receptor antagonists versus placebo in the treatment of LID in PD through a meta-analysis of controlled trials...
- Where does amantadine bind to the influenza virus M2 proton channel?Dima Kozakov
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Boston University, 44 Cummington Street, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Trends Biochem Sci 35:471-5. 2010..By considering all available models, we propose the primary drug binding site is inside the pore, but that exterior binding occurs under appropriate conditions...
- Movement disorder in ataxia-telangiectasia: treatment with amantadine sulfateAndreea Nissenkorn
The National A T Clinic, Edmond and Lilly Safra Children s Hospital, Sheba Medical Center, Ramat Gan, Israel
J Child Neurol 28:155-60. 2013..2 ± 3.9 years) for 8 weeks with the dopaminergic and anti-N-methyl-d-aspartate (NMDA) agent amantadine sulfate 6.3 ± 0.87 mg/kg/d...
- Triple combination antiviral drug (TCAD) composed of amantadine, oseltamivir, and ribavirin impedes the selection of drug-resistant influenza A virusJustin D Hoopes
Adamas Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Emeryville, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e29778. 2011..A triple combination antiviral drug (TCAD) regimen comprised of amantadine, oseltamivir, and ribavirin has been shown to have synergistic and broad spectrum activity against influenza A ..
- Amantadine for the treatment of refractory absence seizures in childrenM Scott Perry
Comprehensive Epilepsy Program, Cook Children s Medical Center, Fort Worth, Texas 76109, USA
Pediatr Neurol 46:243-5. 2012b>Amantadine has demonstrated efficacy in small series for absence and myoclonic type seizures. We examined the efficacy of amantadine for treating refractory absence seizures in a cohort of pediatric patients...
- Amantadine improves gait in PD patients with STN stimulationHiu Fai Chan
Movement Disorders Center, Division of Neurology, TWH, University of Toronto, UHN, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Parkinsonism Relat Disord 19:316-9. 2013..We anecdotally observed that oral administration of amantadine was very effective in treating both residual and stimulation-induced axial symptoms after bilateral STN-DBS in ..
- Delirium with manic and psychotic features associated with amantadineAdriana D Neagoe
Harvard Medical School, Boston MA 02302, USA Electronic address
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 35:680.e7-8. 2013While clinicians are familiar with psychosis as a complication in the long-term treatment with amantadine, rapid psychiatric complications are of much less concern...
- Dropped head associated with amantadine in Parkinson diseaseHiroshi Kataoka
Department of Neurology, Nara Medical University, Kashihara, Nara, Japan
Clin Neuropharmacol 34:48-9. 2011The antiviral agent amantadine has been used to manage Parkinson's disease or levodopa-induced dyskinesias for nearly 5 decades...
- Effects of amantadine treatment on in vitro production of interleukin-2 in de-novo patients with idiopathic Parkinson's diseaseK P Wandinger
Institute of Immunology and Transfusion Medicine, University of Lübeck School of Medicine, Germany
J Neuroimmunol 98:214-20. 1999..of de-novo patients with idiopathic Parkinson's disease (PD) at the time of first diagnosis and after oral amantadine treatment...
- Amantadine blocks channel activity of the transmembrane segment of the NB protein from influenza BW B Fischer
Department of Biochemistry, University of Oxford, UK
Eur Biophys J 30:416-20. 2001..Channels formed by the protein can be blocked by amantadine. We have synthesized the putative transmembrane segment of NB (IRG S20 IIITICVSL I30 VILIVFGCI A40 KIFI (NB, Lee)..
- Amantadine protects dopamine neurons by a dual action: reducing activation of microglia and inducing expression of GDNF in astroglia [corrected]Bernardino Ossola
Division of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Neuropharmacology 61:574-82. 2011b>Amantadine is commonly given to alleviate L-DOPA-induced dyskinesia of Parkinson's disease (PD) patients. Animal and human evidence showed that amantadine may also exert neuroprotection in several neurological disorders...
- Amantadine triple therapy for non-responder hepatitis C patients. Clues for controversies (ANRS HC 03 BITRI)Marianne Maynard
Department of Hepato Gastroenterology, Hotel Dieu, 1 Place de l Hopital, 69288 Lyon Cedex 02, France
J Hepatol 44:484-90. 2006To determine whether addition of amantadine to pegylated interferon/ribavirin improved response rates among chronic hepatitis C patients, non-responders to interferon/ribavirin and study the dynamic of response.
- Rapid simultaneous determination of paracetamol, amantadine hydrochloride, caffeine and chlorpheniramine maleate in human plasma by liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometryShudan Feng
Key Laboratory of Drug Quality Control and Pharmacovigilance China Pharmaceutical University, Ministry of Education, Nanjing, The People s Republic of China
Arzneimittelforschung 59:86-95. 2009..HPLC-ESI-MS/MS) was first developed and validated to simultaneously determine paracetamol (PAR, CAS 103-90-2), amantadine hydrochloride (ATH, CAS 665-66-7), caffeine (CAF, CAS 58-08-2) and chlorpheniramine maleate (CPM, CAS 113-92-8) ..
- Successful protection by amantadine hydrochloride against lethal encephalitis caused by a highly neurovirulent recombinant influenza A virus in miceIsamu Mori
Department of Microbiology, Fukui Medical University School of Medicine, Fukui, Japan
Virology 303:287-96. 2002..The intraperitoneal administration of amantadine inhibited the viral growth in the brain and saved mice from the lethal encephalitis...
- Simultaneous determination of amantadine and rimantadine by HPLC in rat plasma with pre-column derivatization and fluorescence detection for pharmacokinetic studiesYasuhiko Higashi
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hokuriku University, Ho 3, Kanagawa machi, Kanazawa 920 1181, Japan
Biomed Chromatogr 19:655-62. 2005We investigated simultaneous high-performance liquid chromatographic (HPLC) determination of amantadine hydrochloride (AMA) and rimantadine hydrochloride (RIM) levels in rat plasma after fluorescent derivatization with o-phthalaldehyde ..
- A randomized controlled trial of double versus triple therapy with amantadine for genotype 1 chronic hepatitis C in Latino patientsJorge Mendez-Navarro
Departamento de Gastroenterologia, Hospital de Especialidades, Centro Medico Nacional Siglo XXI, IMSS, Av Cuauhtemoc 330, Col Doctores, 06725, Mexico, DF, Mexico
Dig Dis Sci 55:2629-35. 2010..b>Amantadine has been proposed to improve response rates in addition to standard therapy with peginterferon alpha and ..
- Repeated co-treatment with fluoxetine and amantadine induces brain-derived neurotrophic factor gene expression in ratsZofia Rogóż
Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Pharmacology, Polish Academy of Sciences, Smetna 12, Pl 31 343 Krakow, Poland
Pharmacol Rep 60:817-26. 2008..In the present study, we investigated the influence of repeated treatment with fluoxetine (FLU, 5 or 10 mg/kg) and amantadine (AMA, 10 mg/kg), given separately or jointly (twice daily for 14 day), at the mRNA level (the Northern blot) in ..
- Amantadine, oseltamivir and zanamivir for the prophylaxis of influenza (including a review of existing guidance no. 67): a systematic review and economic evaluationP Tappenden
University of Sheffield, School of Health and Related Research, UK
Health Technol Assess 13:iii, ix-xii, 1-246. 2009To evaluate the clinical effectiveness and incremental cost-effectiveness of amantadine, oseltamivir and zanamivir for seasonal and post-exposure prophylaxis of influenza.
- Simultaneous determination of memantine and amantadine in human plasma as fluorescein derivatives by micellar electrokinetic chromatography with laser-induced fluorescence detection and its clinical applicationHsin Hua Yeh
School of Pharmacy, College of Pharmacy, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Electrophoresis 31:1903-11. 2010..detection was developed for the simultaneous determination of memantine, an anti-Alzheimer's disease agent, and amantadine, an anti-Parkinson's disease drug, in human plasma...
- Genetic makeup of amantadine-resistant and oseltamivir-resistant human influenza A/H1N1 virusesHassan Zaraket
Division of Public Health, Department of Infectious Disease Control and International Medicine, Niigata University, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata, Japan
J Clin Microbiol 48:1085-92. 2010..Seasonal influenza A/H1N1 viruses, including antiviral-susceptible viruses, amantadine-resistant viruses, and oseltamivir-resistant viruses, obtained from several areas in Japan during the 2007-2008 ..
- Effect of amantadine and imipramine on immunological parameters of rats subjected to a forced swimming testMarta Kubera
Department of Experimental Neuroendocrinology, Institute of Pharmacology, Polish Academy of Sciences, Krakow, Poland
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 9:297-305. 2006..In our previous studies we described synergistic, antidepressant-like effects of a combination of amantadine (10 mg/kg) and imipramine (5 mg/kg) - drugs otherwise ineffective when given separately in such doses - in the ..
- Interferon signal transduction of biphenyl dimethyl dicarboxylate/amantadine and anti-HBV activity in HepG2 2.2.15Seong Soo Joo
Department of Immunology, College of Pharmacy, Chung Ang University, 221 Huksuk Dong, Dongjak Ku, Seoul 156 756, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 29:405-11. 2006..b>Amantadine is an antiviral agent, which is utilized primarily in the treatment of influenza, but also, occasionally in the ..
- Assessment of treatment algorithms including amantadine, metformin, and zonisamide for the prevention of weight gain with olanzapine: a randomized controlled open-label studyVicki Poole Hoffmann
Neuroscience Division, Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, IN, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 73:216-23. 2012..2006 and September 2008 in a community setting, was designed to determine if weight gain during olanzapine treatment can be prevented or mitigated with adjunctive treatment algorithms that include amantadine, metformin, and zonisamide.
- Efficacy of amantadine on quality of life in patients with chronic hepatitis C treated with interferon-alpha and ribavirin: results from a randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind trialBernd Kronenberger
Department of Medicine I, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Medical Center, Frankfurt M, Germany
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 19:639-46. 2007The aim of this study was to investigate whether amantadine reduces deterioration of quality of life in patients with chronic hepatitis C during and after treatment with interferon-alpha (IFN-alpha) and ribavirin.
- Amantadine increases L-DOPA-derived extracellular dopamine in the striatum of 6-hydroxydopamine-lesioned ratsAkira Arai
Department of Neurological Science, Institute of Brain Science, Hirosaki University School of Medicine, 5 Zaifu cho, Hirosaki 036 8216, Japan
Brain Res 972:229-34. 2003We investigated the effect of amantadine on L-DOPA-derived extracellular dopamine (DA) levels and aromatic L-amino acid decarboxylase (AADC) activity in the striatum of rats with nigrostriatal dopaminergic denervation by 6-hydroxydopamine ..
- Emergence and phylogenetic relationships of amantadine-resistant human H3N2 influenza A viruses in Germany in the season 2005/2006Michaela Schmidtke
Int J Antimicrob Agents 32:192-5. 2008
- Amantadine in a multimodal analgesic regimen for alleviation of refractory osteoarthritis pain in dogsB D X Lascelles
Comparative Pain and Orthopedic Research Laboratories, College of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27606, USA
J Vet Intern Med 22:53-9. 2008..Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) do not always provide sufficient pain relief in dogs with osteoarthritis (OA)...
- Amantadine versus methylphenidate in children and adolescents with attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a randomized, double-blind trialMohammad Reza Mohammadi
Psychiatric Research Centre, Roozbeh Hospital, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Hum Psychopharmacol 25:560-5. 2010The aim of the present study was to further evaluate, under double blind and controlled conditions, the efficacy of amantadine for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in children and adolescents as compared to methylphenidate.
- Genomic events contributing to the high prevalence of amantadine-resistant influenza A/H3N2Hassan Zaraket
Division of Public Health, Department of Infectious Disease Control and International Medicine, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata University, Niigata, Japan
Antivir Ther 15:307-19. 2010The prevalence of amantadine-resistant influenza A/H3N2 viruses (belonging to the N-lineage), possessing an S31N mutation in the M2 protein and S193F and D225N substitutions in their HA1 subunit, has significantly increased worldwide ..
- Intravenous amantadine sulphate application improves the performance of complex but not simple motor tasks in patients with Parkinson's diseaseThomas Muller
Department of Neurology, St Josef Hospital, Ruhr University Bochum, Gudrunstrasse 56, 44791, Bochum, Germany
Neurosci Lett 339:25-8. 2003Intravenous application of amantadine sulphate induces a rapid improvement of motor symptoms in Parkinson's disease (PD), but there are no trials on the efficacy of this compound on bradykinesia, rigidity and tremor in detail in ..
- Neurobehavioral effects of amantadine after pediatric traumatic brain injury: a preliminary reportSue R Beers
Traumatic Brain Injury Program, Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Head Trauma Rehabil 20:450-63. 2005To investigate the safety and efficacy of a dopamine agonist, amantadine hydrochloride (AMH), in the treatment of neurobehavioral sequelae of pediatric TBI.
- A randomized trial of pegylated-interferon-alpha2a plus ribavirin with or without amantadine in the re-treatment of patients with chronic hepatitis C not responding to standard interferon and ribavirinA Ciancio
Dipartimento di Gastroenterologia, Ospedale Molinette, Torino, Italy
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 24:1079-86. 2006..There is yet no established treatment for chronic hepatitis C patients non-responder to standard interferon and ribavirin...
- Fluoxetine differentially suppresses sucrose solution consumption in free-fed and food-deprived rats--reversal by amantadineMark A Prendergast
Department of Psychology, University of Nebraska at Omaha, NE 68182, USA
Med Sci Monit 8:BR385-90. 2002..It is unclear, however, if fluoxetine-induced consummatory suppression may be influenced by factors such as dietary status and if appetite suppressant effects of fluoxetine may be pharmacologically attenuated...
- Quantitative determination of amantadine in human plasma by liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry and the application in a bioequivalence studyPing Wang
College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Research Center of Modernization of Chinese Medicines, Central South University, Changsha 410083, PR China
J Pharm Biomed Anal 43:1519-25. 2007..ionization mass spectrometry (LC-ESI-MS) method is developed and validated for rapid determination of amantadine in human plasma. Desloratadine was used as the internal standard (I.S.). Human plasma (0...
- Amantadine to improve neurorecovery in traumatic brain injury-associated diffuse axonal injury: a pilot double-blind randomized trialJay M Meythaler
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Spain Rehabilitation Center R157, School of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 619 6th Avenue, Birmingham, AL 35249 7330, USA
J Head Trauma Rehabil 17:300-13. 2002..Because of its affect on both dopamine and N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) channels, amantadine has been the subject of considerable interest and clinical use in acute TBI.
- A screening trial of amantadine as a medication for cocaine dependenceSteve Shoptaw
Friends Research Institute, Inc, 11075 Santa Monica Blvd, Suite 350, Los Angeles, CA 90025, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 66:217-24. 2002This screening trial evaluated whether amantadine hydrochloride (100 mg bid) demonstrated sufficient clinical efficacy compared to placebo to recommend development as a pharmacotherapy for cocaine dependence...
- Hepatitis C Virus p7 membrane protein quasispecies variability in chronically infected patients treated with interferon and ribavirin, with or without amantadineS Castelain
Virologie, CHU Hopital Sud, Amiens, France
J Med Virol 79:144-54. 2007..C virus (HCV) genotype 1 chronically infected patients treated with interferon and ribavirin, with or without amantadine. The viral load decreased more markedly in the group treated by tritherapy including amantadine, but the ..
- Effects of amantadine on tardive dyskinesia: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled studySofia Pappa
Department of Psychiatry, University Hospital of Ioannina, Ioannina, Greece
Clin Neuropharmacol 33:271-5. 2010The objective of the study was to demonstrate whether the N-methyl-D-aspartate antagonist, amantadine, can safely ameliorate tardive dyskinesia (TD) without deteriorating the mental state of the patients.
- A randomized controlled trial of pegylated interferon alpha-2a (40 KD) or interferon alpha-2a plus ribavirin and amantadine vs interferon alpha-2a and ribavirin in treatment-naïve patients with chronic hepatitis CA Mangia
Division of Gastroenterology, Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza Hospital, IRCCS, 71013 San Giovanni Rotondo, Italy
J Viral Hepat 12:292-9. 2005We determined whether triple therapy comprising amantadine (AMA), ribavirin (RBV) and either peginterferon (PEG-IFN) alpha-2a or conventional IFN alpha-2a would improve sustained virological response (SVR) rates over dual therapy with IFN ..
- A double-blind, cross-over comparison of the effects of amantadine or placebo on visuomotor and cognitive function in medicated schizophrenia patientsHenry Silver
Brain Behavior Laboratory, Sha ar Menashe Mental Health Center, Hadera, Israel
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 20:319-26. 2005..The effect of amantadine on neuropsychological function in medicated schizophrenia patients was investigated...
- Frequency of amantadine-resistant influenza A viruses during two seasons featuring cocirculation of H1N1 and H3N2Reiko Saito
Department of Public Health, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata City, Niigata Prefecture 951 8510, Japan
J Clin Microbiol 41:2164-5. 2003..during which H1N1 and H3N2 cocirculated, resistance was more frequent in H3N2 strains than in H1N1 strains after amantadine treatment...
- Neuraminidase inhibitors in patients with underlying airways diseaseJohn C Williamson
Department of Pharmacy, Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27157, USA
Am J Respir Med 1:85-90. 2002..Unlike NAIs, the older therapeutic options amantadine and rimantadine may cause significant central nervous system adverse effects...
- Rapid and specific detection of amantadine-resistant influenza A viruses with a Ser31Asn mutation by the cycling probe methodYasushi Suzuki
Department of Public Health, Niigata University, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, 1 757, Asahimachi Dori, Niigata City, Niigata Prefecture 951 8510, Japan
J Clin Microbiol 48:57-63. 2010b>Amantadine is one of the antiviral agents used to treat influenza A virus infections, but resistant strains have widely emerged worldwide...
- Amantadine sulfate reduces experimental sensitization and pain in chronic back pain patientsDieter Kleinböhl
Laboratory for Clinical Psychophysiology, Otto Selz Institute, University of Mannheim
Anesth Analg 102:840-7. 2006..musculoskeletal pain can be reduced by adjuvant treatment with a N-methyl-d-aspartate receptor antagonist, amantadine sulfate, and whether a reduction in sensitization might be accompanied by a concurrent improvement in clinical ..
- Amantadine treatment of hemispatial neglect: a double-blind, placebo-controlled studyLaurel J Buxbaum
Moss Rehabilitation Research Institute, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19141, USA
Am J Phys Med Rehabil 86:527-37. 2007..neglect syndrome (hypokinesia, decreased arousal) to aspects of Parkinsonian syndromes, and the success of amantadine in treating disorders of attention, prompted a placebo-controlled, double-blind trial of amantadine, an ..
- Frequency of amantadine-resistant influenza A virus isolated from 2001-02 to 2004-05 in Nara PrefectureYoshiteru Kitahori
Virology and Bacteriology Division, Nara Prefectural Institute for Hygiene and Environment, Nara 630 8131, Japan
Jpn J Infect Dis 59:197-9. 2006We investigated the frequency of amantadine-resistant influenza A viruses in Nara Prefecture during four epidemic seasons from 2001-02 to 2004-05. Point mutations within the M2 gene were identified using RT-PCR and DNA sequencing analysis...
- Amantadine resistance among porcine H1N1, H1N2, and H3N2 influenza A viruses isolated in Germany between 1981 and 2001Michaela Schmidtke
Institute of Virology and Antiviral Therapy, Medical Centre of the Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Jena, Germany
Intervirology 49:286-93. 2006This study was designed to gain insight into amantadine susceptibility of porcine influenza A viruses isolated in Germany between 1981 and 2001...
- Synergistic effect of imipramine and amantadine in the forced swimming test in rats. Behavioral and pharmacokinetic studiesZofia Rogóż
Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Pharmacology, Polsih Academy of Sciences, Smetna 12, Pl 31 343 Krakow, Poland
Pol J Pharmacol 56:179-85. 2004..of a tricyclic antidepressant drug, imipramine (IMI) with the uncompetitive antagonist of NMDA receptor, amantadine (AMA), produced stronger "antidepressant" effect in the forced swimming test (Porsolt's test) than the treatment ..
- An off-seasonal amantadine-resistant H3N2 influenza outbreak in JapanReiko Saito
Department of Public Health, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata University, Japan
Tohoku J Exp Med 210:21-7. 2006An off-season community influenza outbreak with high prevalence of amantadine-resistant influenza A/H3N2 occurred during September-October 2005 in Nagasaki Prefecture, Japan, prior to standard influenza circulation...
- High prevalence of amantadine-resistance influenza a (H3N2) in six prefectures, Japan, in the 2005-2006 seasonReiko Saito
Department of Public Health, Niigata University, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Science, Niigata, Japan
J Med Virol 79:1569-76. 2007Substantial increase in amantadine-resistant influenza A (H3N2) was reported in Asia and North America in 2005...
- IV amantadine improves chorea in Huntington's disease: an acute randomized, controlled studyJ M Heckmann
Neurology 63:597-8; author reply 597-8. 2004
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids &Psychoeducational Psychotherapy for Childhood DepressionMary A Fristad; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Reducing Dyskinesia in Parkinson Disease with Omega-3 Fatty AcidsKATHRYN ANNE CHUNG; Fiscal Year: 2012..There are surprisingly few treatments for LID, including amantadine and deep brain stimulation...
- Structure of M2 proton channel from influenza A VirusWilliam F Degrado; Fiscal Year: 2013..by applicant): The M2 proton channel protein of the influenza A virus is the target of the anti-influenza drug, amantadine. M2 contains a single transmembrane domain that forms the homo-tetrameric pore of this channel...
- Adjunct Aripiprazole for Symptomatic Hyperprolactinemia in Female SchizophreniaDeanna L Kelly; Fiscal Year: 2013..is little evidence to guide treatment in this important area however dopamine agonists such as bromocriptine or amantadine may exacerbate symptoms, have lacking efficacy data and are associated with side effects...
- Identification of novel influenza antiviralsGREGORY WILLIAM HENKEL; Fiscal Year: 2012..However, only one class of drug (neuraminidase inhibitors) is currently available;amantadine-resistance has become so widespread the amantadanes have become ineffective...
- Development of drugs that target the M2 proton channel from the influenza A VirusWilliam F Degrado; Fiscal Year: 2012..there are two different classes of approved anti-influenza drugs, which target different viral proteins: amantadine targets a protein called the M2 proton channel, while Tamiflu (oseltamivir) targets neuraminidase...
- Novel anti-viral agents to treat influenzaDipanwita Basu; Fiscal Year: 2013..Likewise, currently available anti-influenza drugs such as amantadine and oseltamivir are only partially effective in treatment prophylaxis, and also suffer from problems of drug ..
- Solid-state NMR of the influenza M2 protein in lipid bilayersMei Hong; Fiscal Year: 2013..Inhibition of the H+ channel activity by the amantadine class of antiviral drugs has been made ineffective by mutations in the M2 transmembrane domain...
- Traumatic Brain Injury Clinical Trials NetworkThomas Novack; Fiscal Year: 2010..One medication, Amantadine, has been the subject of considerable interest and clinical use...
- Evaluating BMY-14802 as an anti-dyskinesia treatment in the 6-OHDA rat model of PMELANIE PAQUETTE; Fiscal Year: 2009..e., amantadine, dextromethorphan, and buspirone)...
- Correlations: Structure-Dynamics-Function in ChannelsTimothy A Cross; Fiscal Year: 2013..Similarly, data from the S31N mutant and in the presence and absence of amantadine will be combined to reach a detailed understanding of how the drug blocks conductance in the wild-type protein ..
- OPTIMIZATION OF NOVEL INFLUENZA M2 CHANNEL INHIBITORSKEN J MCCORMACK; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Amantadine-resistance has become so widespread the adamantanes have become all but ineffective...
- Amantadine + rTMS as a Neurotherapeutic for Disordered Consciousness after TBITheresa Louise Bender Pape; Fiscal Year: 2013..is to examine the safety and efficacy of repetitive transcranal magnetic stimulation (rTMS) combined with Amantadine (TMS + Amantadine) relative to rTMS Alone and Amantadine Alone for persons in chronic states of SIC...
- Structural basis for influenza amantadine-resistanceJames J Chou; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>Amantadine is a licensed anti-influenza A drug that functions by inhibiting the pH activation of the M2 channel...
- Development of novel broad-spectrum influenza A inhibitorsKEN J MCCORMACK; Fiscal Year: 2012..b>Amantadine- resistance has become so widespread the amantadanes have become all but ineffective and some flu strains have ..
- Peptide drugs against influenza virusRobert Garry; Fiscal Year: 2007..The new strains of bird flu appear to be resistant to amantadine and related influenza drugs...
- TREATMENT OF CHRONIC HEPATITIS C WITH AMANTADINE HC1Jill Smith; Fiscal Year: 1999..of Medicine in which adult patients with hepatitis C who had failed to respond to interferon were treated with amantadine-HC1 for six months...
- INFLUENZA B VIRUS AND MATRIX GENE ORFDAN DEBORDE; Fiscal Year: 1990..g. type B influenza is resistant to the antiviral activity of amantadine and its derivatives while type A influenza is not...
- MECHANISM OF INJURY IN THE GUILLAIN BARRE SYNDROMETony Ho; Fiscal Year: 1999....
- Novel VLP vaccines for pandemic influenza virusRichard W Compans; Fiscal Year: 2010..These strains are of particular concern because they are resistant to the most cost-effective antiviral drugs, amantadine and rimantadine...
- CHINESE PARALYTIC SYNDROME - MECHANISMS AND RELEVANCEGUY MC KHANN; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Mapping the M2 Proton Channel by H/D-LC-MSPatrick Griffin; Fiscal Year: 2003..M2 proton channel is essential to the infectivity of the virus, and is the target of the anti-influenza drugs, amantadine and rimantadine...
- DESIGN OF INFLUENZA VIRUS NEURAMINIDASE INHIBITORSWayne Brouillette; Fiscal Year: 1999..are not effective during a major antigenic variation of influenza, and the only licensed anti-influenza drugs, amantadine and rimantidine, act only against influenza A which quickly becomes resistant...
- EFFECTIVE TREATMENTS FOR COCAINE ABUSE AND HIV RISKJeffrey Hoffman; Fiscal Year: 1993..In addition, the effectiveness of the combined use of two antidepressant medications, amantadine and desipramine, will be compared to a placebo for the treatment of cocaine use within each of the three ..
- Efficacy of Amantadine Hydochloride after Pediatric TBISUE BEERS; Fiscal Year: 2002..Treatment with amantadine hydrochloride (AMH), a dopamine agonist, has been shown to improve behavioral symptoms and executive function in ..
- Amantadine for Arousal in Pediatric TBI: A Pilot Study.MARY MC MAHON; Fiscal Year: 2002..The specific aims are: 1) Conduct a trial of amantadine therapy in children who have impaired arousal following TBI, 2) Compare the interrater reliability and validity ..
- AMANTADINE FOR TREATMENT OF COCAINE DEPENDENCELeonard Handelsman; Fiscal Year: 1992..Pilot studies using the indirect dopamine agonist, amantadine, support this hypothesis...
- STRUCT-BASED DESIGN OF INHIBITORS FOR FLU NEURAMINIDASEY Babu; Fiscal Year: 1991..The only drug currently approved in the U.S. for the prophylaxis and therapy of influenza infection is amantadine hydrochloride. However, mutants resistant to amantadine are readily isolated...
- Characterization of the HCV p7 ProteinChristopher Jones; Fiscal Year: 2009..The HCV p7 protein is a small, integral membrane protein that oligomerizes in vitro to form amantadine sensitive ion channels...
- Identification of Novel Influenza InhibitorsBENJAMIN DORANZ; Fiscal Year: 2009..The compounds amantadine and rimantadine inhibit M2 and have been used as influenza therapeutics for the past 40 years...
- RAPID DETECTION OF INFLUENZA AND PARAINFLUENZADoris Bucher; Fiscal Year: 1993..b>Amantadine can be administered for protection against type A influenza, antivirals are becoming available for treatment of ..
- 1 and 2D IR structural analyses of Influenza M2 channelMARTIN ZANNI; Fiscal Year: 2006..As such, the emeregence of resistance towards amantadine, one of only two (2) drug classes available against Influenza, is a clear biomedical threat...
- Analysis of the Ebola Virus VP24 Channel ProteinRONALD HARTY; Fiscal Year: 2003..Importantly, the corresponding M2 proton channel of influenza A virus is the target of amantadine. Thus, it is likely that VP24 may serve as a similar target for the rapid development of anti-Ebola virus drugs...
- Donepezil HCL: Treating Cognitive Deficit in AutismBenjamin Handen; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- VIRAL MEMBRANE AND GLYCOPROTEIN STRUCTUREStephen Harrison; Fiscal Year: 2004..Complexes with the inhibitory drug, amantadine, will also be studied.
- Identification and Development of Novel Influenza M2 InhibitorsBENJAMIN DORANZ; Fiscal Year: 2009..The compounds amantadine and rimantadine inhibit M2 and have been used as influenza therapeutics for the past 40 years...
- Novel Chemotypes Against Influenza A VirusMaurizio Pellecchia; Fiscal Year: 2007..A (H3N2) virus have specific mutations in the M2 proton channel that result in resistance to the antiviral drug amantadine, one of the very few drugs currently available against the virus...
- Transcriptomic Analysis of Therapeutics in Brain TraumaC Dixon; Fiscal Year: 2005..to enhance recovery of cognitive function in our experimental model of TBI, and found three to be beneficial: amantadine hydroehloride, bromoeriptine, and methylphenidate...
- The gating mechanism of the viral ion channel M2JASON SCHNELL; Fiscal Year: 2007..at low pH, (3) look for structural determinants governing the interactions between M2 and the antiviral drug amantadine, and (4) conduct similar studies on the BM2 channel...
- Neural basis of heritable DA-mediated gating deficitsNeal R Swerdlow; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- CORTICO-STRIATAL SUBSTRATES OF DEFICIENT STARTLE GATINGNeal R Swerdlow; Fiscal Year: 2010..New information from these studies will be a foundation for innovative models of the pathophysiology of schizophrenia and other inherited neuropsychiatric disorders, and for prospective strategies for novel drug development. ..
- Neuroscience at the Boundaries of Neurology and PsychiatryNeal Swerdlow; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A Simple Measure for Studying Sensory Gating DeficitsNeal Swerdlow; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- NEURAL CIRCUITRY OF SENSORIMOTOR GATING ACROSS SPECIESNeal Swerdlow; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Pharmacotherapy for Minor DepressionRobert Howland; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of this study will have profound public health implications by improving our understanding of the efficacy of SJW and standard antidepressants for the treatment of MinorD. ..
- Multiple Factors Affecting Placebo Response in PDChristopher Goetz; Fiscal Year: 2004..Defining these determinant influences will help enhance placebo responses in clinical practice and control them in clinical trials. ..
- PHARMACOLOGIC REHABILITATION OF ATTENTION DEFICITSJohn Whyte; Fiscal Year: 2003..The factor structure will also be compared to that obtained from a control sample. ..
- Mechanisms of influenza NA drug resistanceJennifer L McKimm Breschkin; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Comparative Study of Influenza Vaccines in AdultsARNOLD MONTO; Fiscal Year: 2006..Results will help to determine how the vaccine may be used as part of the strategy to combat influenza in varying situations. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- RUPP-PI ProjectMichael Aman; Fiscal Year: 2006..S.U. also plans two pilot studies: (a) a randomized clinical trial in 60 children with PDDs and severe ADHD behavior and (b) a study of ziprasidone in 30 children and adolescents with PDDs and highly irritable behaviors. ..
- Reducing Transmission of Influenza by Face MasksARNOLD MONTO; Fiscal Year: 2008..Such a reduction could have a major public health impact during a pandemic. In the second year, the study can be expanded or modified based on findings in the first. ..
- High Throughput Assays for Ion Channel Activities of Influenza A & B VirusesLAWRENCE PINTO; Fiscal Year: 2006..The M2 ion channel protein of influenza A virus is the target of the antiviral drug amantadine and the BM2 ion channel protein is a potential target for antiviral drugs because the ion channel activity of ..
- RESPIRATORY VIRUS ION CHANNELSLAWRENCE PINTO; Fiscal Year: 2007..properties of the channel are essential for its role in the virus life cycle, the functional properties of amantadine-resistant mutant M2 proteins will be characterized. 5...
- Topiramate for alcohol and cocaine dependenceKyle Kampman; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Studies on Influenza B Virus BM2 Protein Ion ChannelLAWRENCE PINTO; Fiscal Year: 2009..to that of the influenza A virus M2 ion channel protein, the latter being the target of the anti-viral drug amantadine: the drug does not inhibit influenza B virus replication or the BM2 ion channel activity...
- Identification of Genetic Modifiers of an Epstein-Barr Virus Protein.AMY ADAMSON; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our studies aim to find human genes whose protein products enhance or suppress Epstein-Barr virus protein activity. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CREATINE THERAPY TO TREAT HUNTINGTON'S DISEASE: A PHASE 3 STUDYSteven M Hersch; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- GASTROINTESTINAL PEPTIDES AND PANCREATIC CANCERJill Smith; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies are part of the team's long-term goal to understand the mechanisms involved in the biology of human pancreatic cancer, and contribute to the treatment and early detection of this malignancy. ..
- HIV-Hepatitis C Virus Interactions and PathogenesisRaymond T Chung; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will shed considerable light on HIV-HCV pathogenic interactions and offer a means of productively disrupting these interactions. ..