Genomes and Genes
Summary: An antilipemic fungal metabolite isolated from cultures of Nocardia autotrophica. It acts as a competitive inhibitor of HMG CoA reductase (HYDROXYMETHYLGLUTARYL COA REDUCTASES).
Publications326 found, 100 shown here
- Pravastatin in elderly individuals at risk of vascular disease (PROSPER): a randomised controlled trialJames Shepherd
University Department of Pathological Biochemistry, University of Glasgow, Royal Infirmary, Scotland, Glasgow, UK
Lancet 360:1623-30. 2002..Our aim was to test the benefits of pravastatin treatment in an elderly cohort of men and women with, or at high risk of developing, cardiovascular disease and ..
- Pravastatin and the development of diabetes mellitus: evidence for a protective treatment effect in the West of Scotland Coronary Prevention StudyD J Freeman
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Durham, Durham, UK
Circulation 103:357-62. 2001..cell count, systolic blood pressure, total and HDL cholesterol, glucose, and randomized treatment assignment to pravastatin were significant predictors...
- Long-term follow-up of the West of Scotland Coronary Prevention StudyIan Ford
Robertson Centre for Biostatistics, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, United Kingdom
N Engl J Med 357:1477-86. 2007The West of Scotland Coronary Prevention Study was a randomized clinical trial comparing pravastatin with placebo in men with hypercholesterolemia who did not have a history of myocardial infarction, with an average follow-up of ..
- Differential metabolic effects of distinct statinsKwang Kon Koh
Vascular Medicine and Atherosclerosis Unit, Cardiology, Gachon University, Gil Medical Center, 1198 Kuwol dong, Namdong gu, Incheon 405 760, Republic of Korea
Atherosclerosis 215:1-8. 2011..b>Pravastatin increases expression of adiponectin mRNA, enhances adiponectin secretion, increases plasma levels of ..
- Primary prevention of cardiovascular disease with pravastatin in Japan (MEGA Study): a prospective randomised controlled trialHaruo Nakamura
Mitsukoshi Health and Welfare Foundation, Tokyo, Japan
Lancet 368:1155-63. 2006..Our aim was to assess whether evidence for treatment with statins derived from western populations can be extrapolated to the Japanese population...
- Effects of acute treatment with pravastatin on cerebral vasospasm, autoregulation, and delayed ischemic deficits after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage: a phase II randomized placebo-controlled trialMing Yuan Tseng
Department of Neurosurgery, Addenbrooke s Hospital, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 2QQ, United Kingdom
Stroke 36:1627-32. 2005..A phase II randomized controlled trial was conducted to examine the hypothesis that acute pravastatin treatment could improve cerebrovascular autoregulation and reduce vasospasm-related complications after ..
- Genome-wide association of lipid-lowering response to statins in combined study populationsMathew J Barber
Department of Human Genetics, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e9763. 2010..To identify single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) contributing to this variation, we performed a combined analysis of genome-wide association (GWA) results from three trials of statin efficacy...
- Pravastatin limits radiation-induced vascular dysfunction in the skinValerie Holler
Institute for Radiological Protection and Nuclear Safety IRSN, DRPH, SRBE, Laboratory of Radiopathology, Fontenay aux Roses, France
J Invest Dermatol 129:1280-91. 2009..endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS)(-/-) mice were subjected to dorsal skin irradiation and treated with pravastatin for 28 days...
- Detecting drug interactions from adverse-event reports: interaction between paroxetine and pravastatin increases blood glucose levelsN P Tatonetti
Biomedical Informatics Training Program, Stanford University, Stanford, California, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 90:133-42. 2011The lipid-lowering agent pravastatin and the antidepressant paroxetine are among the most widely prescribed drugs in the world. Unexpected interactions between them could have important public health implications...
- Safety and tolerability of pravastatin in long-term clinical trials: prospective Pravastatin Pooling (PPP) ProjectMarc A Pfeffer
Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Circulation 105:2341-6. 2002..Therapeutic decisions regarding pharmacological therapy should be based on safety and tolerability as well as efficacy data. Clinical trials designed to assess efficacy are often insufficiently powered to generate reliable safety data...
- Differential metabolic effects of pravastatin and simvastatin in hypercholesterolemic patientsKwang Kon Koh
Cardiology, Gil Medical Center, Gachon University, Incheon, Republic of Korea
Atherosclerosis 204:483-90. 2009..Therefore, we hypothesized that simvastatin and pravastatin may have differential metabolic effects in hypercholesterolemic patients.
- Effects of intensive versus moderate lipid-lowering therapy on myocardial ischemia in older patients with coronary heart disease: results of the Study Assessing Goals in the Elderly (SAGE)Prakash Deedwania
UCSF School of Medicine, San Francisco, Calif, USA
Circulation 115:700-7. 2007..However, no studies to date have assessed intensive versus moderate statin therapy in older patients with stable coronary syndromes...
- Physiologically based pharmacokinetic modeling to predict transporter-mediated clearance and distribution of pravastatin in humansTakao Watanabe
Department of Molecular Pharmacokinetics, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 328:652-62. 2009..resistance-associated protein (MRP) 2, is the major elimination pathway of an HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor, pravastatin. The present study examined the effects of changes in the transporter activities on the systemic and liver ..
- Long-term effects of fosinopril and pravastatin on cardiovascular events in subjects with microalbuminuria:Ten years of follow-up of Prevention of Renal and Vascular End-stage Disease Intervention Trial (PREVEND IT)Frank P Brouwers
Department of Cardiology, Thoraxcenter, Universitair Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
Am Heart J 161:1171-8. 2011..We obtained extended follow-up data to approximately 10 years to investigate the long-term effects of fosinopril 20 mg and pravastatin 40 mg on cardiovascular outcomes in subjects with UAE >15 mg per 24 hours.
- Effect of pravastatin on cardiovascular events in people with chronic kidney diseaseMarcello Tonelli
Division of Nephrology, University of Alberta, 7 129 Clinical Science Building, 8440 112 St, Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2G3, Canada
Circulation 110:1557-63. 2004..The objective of this analysis was to determine whether pravastatin reduced the incidence of cardiovascular events in people with or at high risk for coronary disease and with ..
- Pravastatin inhibits advanced glycation end products (AGEs)-induced proximal tubular cell apoptosis and injury by reducing receptor for AGEs (RAGE) levelYuji Ishibashi
Department of Pathophysiology and Therapeutics of Diabetic Vascular Complications, Kurume University School of Medicine, Kurume, Fukuoka, Japan
Metabolism 61:1067-72. 2012..We examined here whether and how pravastatin could block the AGEs-RAGE-elicited tubular cell injury in vitro...
- Different effects of the ABCG2 c.421C>A SNP on the pharmacokinetics of fluvastatin, pravastatin and simvastatinJenni E Keskitalo
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Finland
Pharmacogenomics 10:1617-24. 2009This study aimed to investigate possible effects of the ABCG2 c.421C>A (p.Gln141Lys; rs2231142) genotype on fluvastatin, pravastatin and simvastatin pharmacokinetics.
- Bile salt export pump (BSEP/ABCB11) can transport a nonbile acid substrate, pravastatinMasaru Hirano
Department of Molecular Pharmacokinetics, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, 113 0033 Japan
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 314:876-82. 2005b>Pravastatin is a well known 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-CoA reductase inhibitor...
- Effect of pravastatin on survival in patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma. A randomized controlled trialS Kawata
Department of Internal Medicine and Molecular Science, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, Osaka, 565 0871, Japan
Br J Cancer 84:886-91. 2001..To investigate whether pravastatin, a potent HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor, prolongs survival in patients with advanced HCC, this randomized ..
- Prevention of contrast-induced nephropathy by chronic pravastatin treatment in patients with cardiovascular disease and renal insufficiencySusumu Yoshida
The Cardiovascular Center, Kansai Medical University, 2 3 1 Shinmachi, Hirakata, Osaka 573 1191, Japan
J Cardiol 54:192-8. 2009..Contrast-induced nephropathy (CIN) is known to increase morbidity and mortality of cardiovascular disease. Recent studies have shown statins prevented CIN after contrast media exposure, but optimal statin type and dosage are still unknown...
- Effects of Xuezhikang and pravastatin on circulating endothelial progenitor cells in patients with essential hypertensionLi Lu
The First Affiliated Hospital of Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing, 400016, China
Chin J Integr Med 15:266-71. 2009To investigate the impacts of Xuezhikang (XZK) or pravastatin combined with antihypertensive drugs on circulating endothelial progenitor cells (CEPCs) in essential hypertensive (EH) patients.
- Pravastatin and cognitive function in the elderly. Results of the PROSPER studyStella Trompet
Department of Gerontology and Geriatrics, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Neurol 257:85-90. 2010..Here we present detailed cognitive outcomes from the randomized placebo-controlled PROspective Study of Pravastatin in the Elderly at Risk (PROSPER)...
- Inhibition of cardiac remodeling by pravastatin is associated with amelioration of endoplasmic reticulum stressHui Zhao
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Japan
Hypertens Res 31:1977-87. 2008The aim of this study is to investigate whether pravastatin can inhibit cardiac remodeling and ameliorate endoplasmic reticulum (ER) stress caused by pressure overload or tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNFalpha)...
- Effect of pravastatin on the development of diabetes and adiponectin productionToshiyuki Takagi
Department of Medicine and Pathophysiology, Graduate School of Frontier Bioscience, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, 2 2 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Atherosclerosis 196:114-21. 2008In the West of Scotland Coronary Prevention Study (WOSCOPS), treatment of hypercholesterolemic men with pravastatin, an inhibitor of 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme A (HMG-CoA) reductase, reduced their likelihood to progress to ..
- Toxicity of statins on rat skeletal muscle mitochondriaP Kaufmann
Division of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology and Department of Research, University Hospital, 4031, Basel, Switzerland
Cell Mol Life Sci 63:2415-25. 2006..of four lipophilic stains (cerivastatin, fluvastatin, atorvastatin, simvastatin) and one hydrophilic statin (pravastatin)...
- Pravastatin induces placental growth factor (PGF) and ameliorates preeclampsia in a mouse modelKeiichi Kumasawa
Department of Experimental Genome Research, Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, Suita 565 0871, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:1451-5. 2011..Intrauterine growth restriction was also observed. We further showed that pravastatin induced the VEGF-like angiogenic factor placental growth factor (PGF) and ameliorated the symptoms...
- Pravastatin treatment increases collagen content and decreases lipid content, inflammation, metalloproteinases, and cell death in human carotid plaques: implications for plaque stabilizationM Crisby
Department of Neurology, Huddinge University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Circulation 103:926-33. 2001..Therefore, we investigated the effect of 3 months of pravastatin treatment on composition of human carotid plaques removed during carotid endarterectomy...
- Polymorphism in KIF6 gene and benefit from statins after acute coronary syndromes: results from the PROVE IT-TIMI 22 studyOlga A Iakoubova
Celera, Alameda, California 9450, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 51:449-55. 2008..We explored whether the benefit of intensive versus moderate statin therapy would be greater in carriers of KIF6 719Arg than in noncarriers...
- Inflammation, pravastatin, and the risk of coronary events after myocardial infarction in patients with average cholesterol levels. Cholesterol and Recurrent Events (CARE) InvestigatorsP M Ridker
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass 02115, USA
Circulation 98:839-44. 1998We studied whether inflammation after myocardial infarction (MI) is a risk factor for recurrent coronary events and whether randomized treatment with pravastatin reduces that risk.
- Plaque rupture after short periods of fat feeding in the apolipoprotein E-knockout mouse: model characterization and effects of pravastatin treatmentJason Johnson
Bristol Heart Institute, University of Bristol, Bristol, United Kingdom
Circulation 111:1422-30. 2005..the early time course of plaque development and destabilization in the brachiocephalic artery of the apolipoprotein E-knockout mouse, the effects of pravastatin thereon, and the effects of pravastatin on established unstable plaques.
- Relationship between lipid levels and clinical outcomes in the Long-term Intervention with Pravastatin in Ischemic Disease (LIPID) Trial: to what extent is the reduction in coronary events with pravastatin explained by on-study lipid levels?R John Simes
National Health and Medical Research Council Clinical Trials Centre, University of Sydney, Australia
Circulation 105:1162-9. 2002The Long-Term Intervention with Pravastatin in Ischemic Disease (LIPID) trial showed that pravastatin significantly reduced mortality and coronary heart disease (CHD) events in 9014 patients with known CHD and total cholesterol 4.0 to 7...
- Using pravastatin to improve the vascular reactivity in a mouse model of soluble fms-like tyrosine kinase-1-induced preeclampsiaMaged M Costantine
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555 0587, USA
Obstet Gynecol 116:114-20. 2010To estimate the effects of pravastatin on the altered vascular function in a mouse model of preeclampsia induced by overexpression of soluble fms-like tyrosine kinase-1 (sFlt-1).
- Effects of acute pravastatin treatment on intensity of rescue therapy, length of inpatient stay, and 6-month outcome in patients after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhageMing Yuan Tseng
Department of Neurosurgery, Addenbrooke s Hospital, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Stroke 38:1545-50. 2007We have previously demonstrated that acute pravastatin therapy after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage ameliorates vasospasm-related delayed ischemic deficits...
- Angiotensin II-mediated oxidative stress and procollagen-1 expression in cardiac fibroblasts: blockade by pravastatin and pioglitazoneJiawei Chen
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Univ of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, 4301 West Markham St, Slot 532, Little Rock, AR 72205 7199, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 291:H1738-45. 2006..We examined the potential antifibrotic effect of the combination of a statin (pravastatin) and a PPAR-gamma ligand (pioglitazone) in ANG II-treated mouse cardiac fibroblasts...
- Effects of pravastatin on angiogenic and placental hypoxic imbalance in a mouse model of preeclampsiaAntonio F Saad
1Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX, USA
Reprod Sci 21:138-45. 2014In order to determine the effects of pravastatin (Pra) on angiogenic and placental hypoxic imbalance in a model of preeclampsia induced by overexpression of soluble fms-like tyrosine kinase 1 (sFlt-1), we randomly allocated pregnant CD1 ..
- Accuracy of the Australian National Death Index: comparison with adjudicated fatal outcomes among Australian participants in the Long-term Intervention with Pravastatin in Ischaemic Disease (LIPID) studyDianna Magliano
Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, Monash University, Central and Eastern Clinical School, Alfred Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria
Aust N Z J Public Health 27:649-53. 2003..To assess the accuracy of the Australian National Death Index (NDI) in identifying deaths and recording cardiovascular and cancer causes of death...
- Association of leukocyte subtype counts with coronary atherosclerotic regression following pravastatin treatmentShigemasa Tani
Department of Cardiology, Nihon University, Surugadai Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Am J Cardiol 104:464-9. 2009..A 6-month prospective study was conducted in 84 patients treated with pravastatin. Plaque volume, as assessed by volumetric analysis using intravascular ultrasound, decreased significantly by ..
- High doses of simvastatin, pravastatin, and cholesterol reduce brain cholesterol synthesis in guinea pigsDieter Lutjohann
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Bonn, Sigmund Freud Str 25, 53105 Bonn, Germany
Steroids 69:431-8. 2004..present work, we tested the possibility that high doses of lipophilic and hydrophilic statins, simvastatin and pravastatin, respectively, or a diet high in cholesterol could affect cholesterol homeostasis in the brain of guinea pigs...
- Pravastatin attenuates carboplatin-induced cardiotoxicity via inhibition of oxidative stress associated apoptosisChing Feng Cheng
Graduate Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology and College of Medicine, Tzu Chi University, 701, Chung Yang Road, Section 3, Hualien City, Hualien 970, Taiwan
Apoptosis 13:883-94. 2008..toxicity induced by carboplatin, a second generation platinum-containing anti-cancer drug, and to test whether pravastatin can reduce this cardio-toxicity...
- Comparison of effects of serum n-3 to n-6 polyunsaturated fatty acid ratios on coronary atherosclerosis in patients treated with pitavastatin or pravastatin undergoing percutaneous coronary interventionTsuyoshi Nozue
Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, Yokohama Sakae Kyosai Hospital, Yokohama, Japan
Am J Cardiol 111:1570-5. 2013..the effects of n-3 to n-6 PUFA ratios on coronary atherosclerosis in patients treated with pitavastatin and pravastatin. Coronary atherosclerosis in nonculprit lesions in the percutaneous coronary intervention vessel was evaluated ..
- Gemfibrozil increases plasma pravastatin concentrations and reduces pravastatin renal clearanceCarl Kyrklund
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Helsinki and Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Clin Pharmacol Ther 73:538-44. 2003..b>Pravastatin pharmacokinetics differs from those of these 3 statins, which are extensively metabolized...
- Reduced glomerular filtration rate and its association with clinical outcome in older patients at risk of vascular events: secondary analysisIan Ford
Robertson Centre for Biostatistics, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland
PLoS Med 6:e16. 2009..We aimed to determine the predictive value of the GFR for mortality and morbidity using data from the 5,804 participants randomized in the Prospective Study of Pravastatin in the Elderly at Risk (PROSPER).
- Pravastatin versus simvastatin for prevention of contrast-induced nephropathyMonica A Muñoz
Department of Pharmacy, University Health System, San Antonio, TX, USA
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol Ther 16:376-9. 2011..retrospective, single-center trial was to compare the incidence of CIN in patients receiving simvastatin or pravastatin therapy undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI)...
- Differential metabolic effects of rosuvastatin and pravastatin in hypercholesterolemic patientsKwang Kon Koh
Gil Medical Center, Gachon University, Incheon, Republic of Korea
Int J Cardiol 166:509-15. 2013Rosuvastatin and pravastatin have differential hydrophilicity and potency to inhibit hydroxymethylglutaryl-CoA reductase that may be relevant to changes in adiponectin levels, insulin resistance, and the rate of new onset diabetes in ..
- The disposition of pravastatin in a rat model of streptozotocin-induced diabetes and organic anion transporting polypeptide 2 and multidrug resistance-associated protein 2 expression in the liverYoshitaka Hasegawa
Laboratory of Clinical Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kobe Gakuin University, Kobe, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 33:153-6. 2010..3-Hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl enzyme A (HMG-CoA) reductase inhibitors (statins), like pravastatin, are frequently administered to diabetic patients for this purpose...
- KIF6, LPA, TAS2R50, and VAMP8 genetic variation, low density lipoprotein cholesterol lowering response to pravastatin, and heart disease risk reduction in the elderlyHironobu Akao
Lipid Metabolism Laboratory, Jean Mayer USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University and Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
Atherosclerosis 220:456-62. 2012..LPA (rs3798220), TAS2R50 (rs1376251) and VAMP8 (rs1010) in 5,411 participants in PROSPER (PROspective Study of Pravastatin in the Elderly at Risk) (mean age 75...
- The impact of pravastatin pre-treatment on periprocedural microcirculatory damage in patients undergoing percutaneous coronary interventionKenichi Fujii
Cardiovascular Division, Hyogo College of Medicine, Nishinomiya, Japan
JACC Cardiovasc Interv 4:513-20. 2011This study evaluated the effect of pravastatin pre-treatment on post-procedural index of microcirculatory resistance (IMR) values that are introduced for assessing the status of the microcirculation independently of the epicardial area.
- Effect of treatment with pravastatin or ezetimibe on endothelial function in patients with moderate hypercholesterolemiaLiliana Grigore
Center for the Study of Atherosclerosis SISA Lombardia, Bassini Hospital, Via Gorki 50, 20092 Cinisello Balsamo, Milan, Italy
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 69:341-6. 2013..The aim of this study was to evaluate whether the effect of pravastatin on endothelial function is mediated by pleiotropic effects...
- Effects of pravastatin on mediators of vascular function in a mouse model of soluble Fms-like tyrosine kinase-1-induced preeclampsiaKarin A Fox
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 205:366.e1-5. 2011We sought to investigate the mechanisms of action by which pravastatin improves vascular reactivity in a mouse model of preeclampsia induced by overexpression of soluble Fms-like tyrosine kinase-1 (sFlt)-1.
- Decreased prevalence of Alzheimer disease associated with 3-hydroxy-3-methyglutaryl coenzyme A reductase inhibitorsB Wolozin
Department of Pharmacology, Loyola University Medical Center, Bldg 102, Room 3634, 2160 S First Ave, Maywood, IL 60153
Arch Neurol 57:1439-43. 2000..Increasing evidence suggests that cholesterol plays a role in the pathophysiology of Alzheimer disease (AD). For instance, an elevated serum cholesterol level has been shown to be a risk factor for AD...
- Pravastatin reduces Marfan aortic dilationDarren McLoughlin
Department of Surgery, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Dublin, Ireland
Circulation 124:S168-73. 2011..This study examined the efficacy and mechanism of statins in attenuating aortic root dilation in Marfan syndrome and compared effects to the other main proposed preventative agent, losartan...
- Effect of dalcetrapib plus pravastatin on lipoprotein metabolism and high-density lipoprotein composition and function in dyslipidemic patients: results of a phase IIb dose-ranging studyChristie M Ballantyne
Baylor College of Medicine, and Methodist DeBakey Heart and Vascular Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am Heart J 163:515-21, 521.e1-3. 2012..This study analyzed the effect of dalcetrapib on lipoprotein profile, CETP activity, and cellular cholesterol efflux when co-administered with pravastatin in patients with low or average HDL-C.
- Pravastatin has cholesterol-lowering independent effects on the artery wall of atherosclerotic monkeysJ K Williams
Department of Comparative Medicine, Wake Forest University, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27157 1040, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 31:684-91. 1998This study examined the direct effects of pravastatin on the artery wall of atherosclerotic monkeys after dietary lipid lowering.
- Pravastatin therapy and the risk of strokeH D White
Cardiology Department, Green Lane Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand
N Engl J Med 343:317-26. 2000..Recent reviews of trials of 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-coenzyme A reductase inhibitors have suggested that these agents may reduce the risk of stroke...
- Influence of baseline lipids on effectiveness of pravastatin in the CARE Trial. Cholesterol And Recurrent EventsM A Pfeffer
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 33:125-30. 1999We sought to assess the influence of baseline lipid levels on coronary event rates and the effectiveness of pravastatin therapy in the Cholesterol And Recurrent Events (CARE) study.
- Statins and prostate cancer diagnosis and grade in a veterans populationWildon R Farwell
Massachusetts Veterans Epidemiology Research and Information Center, VA Boston Healthcare System, Boston, MA 02130, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 103:885-92. 2011..Although prostate cancer is commonly diagnosed, few risk factors for high-grade prostate cancer are known and few prevention strategies exist. Statins have been proposed as a possible treatment to prevent prostate cancer...
- Relaxant effects of pravastatin, atorvastatin and cerivastatin on isolated rat aortic ringsB Sönmez Uydeş-Doğan
Istanbul University Faculty of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacology, 34116, Beyazit, Istanbul, Turkey
Life Sci 76:1771-86. 2005..In the present study, we investigated the acute vascular effects of pravastatin, atorvastatin and cerivastatin on rat isolated aortic rings...
- Graft-protective effects of the HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor pravastatin after lung transplantation--a propensity score analysis with 23 years of follow-upYijiang Li
Hannover Thoracic Transplant Program, Department of Cardiothoracic, Transplantation and Vascular Surgery, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Transplantation 92:486-92. 2011To determine whether the hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme A reductase inhibitor pravastatin has a graft-protective effect, we retrospectively analyzed 502 patients who had undergone lung transplantation in Hannover.
- Pravastatin increases survival and suppresses an increase in myocardial matrix metalloproteinase activity in a rat model of heart failureSahoko Ichihara
Department of Cardiovascular Genome Science, Nagoya University School of Medicine, 65 Tsurumai Cho, Showa Ku, Nagoya 466 8550, Japan
Cardiovasc Res 69:726-35. 2006..We have now investigated the role of MMPs and their tissue inhibitors (TIMPs) in the transition from compensated left ventricular (LV) hypertrophy to heart failure as well as the effects of pravastatin on this transition in a rat model.
- Differential effects of pravastatin and simvastatin on the growth of tumor cells from different organ sitesDavid G Menter
Department of Cancer Biology, The University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
PLoS ONE 6:e28813. 2011..b>Pravastatin is a hydrophilic statin that is selectively taken up by a sodium-independent organic anion transporter protein-..
- Oral pravastatin prolongs survival time of scrapie-infected miceVito Vetrugno
Department of Cell Biology and Neurosciences, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena 299, 00161 Rome, Italy
J Gen Virol 90:1775-80. 2009..They are either lipophilic (e.g. simvastatin) or hydrophilic [e.g. pravastatin (PRV)] compounds, considered mainly for long-term treatment of hypercholesterolaemic individuals...
- Pleiotropic phenotypes caused by an opal nonsense mutation in an essential gene encoding HMG-CoA reductase in fission yeastYue Fang
Division of Molecular Pharmacology and Pharmacogenomics, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, 7 5 1 Kusunoki cho, Chuo Ku, Kobe 650 0017, Japan
Genes Cells 14:759-71. 2009..The hmg1-1 mutant showed hypersensitivity to pravastatin, an HMGR inhibitor, suggesting a defective HMGR activity...
- Pravastatin down-regulates inflammatory mediators in human monocytes in vitroO Grip
Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Lund University, University Hospital MAS, S 20502, Malmo, Sweden
Eur J Pharmacol 410:83-92. 2000There is experimental evidence that pravastatin, which is designed to inhibit the rate-limiting enzyme of cholesterol synthesis, can affect cell metabolism and proliferation...
- Pravastatin use and the five-year incidence of cancer in coronary heart disease patients: from the prevention of coronary sclerosis studyShinichi Sato
Osaka Medical Center for Health Science and Promotion, Nakamichi, Osaka, Japan
J Epidemiol 16:201-6. 2006..The aim of this study was to investigate the association between statin-therapy and the incidence of cancer in coronary heart disease patients...
- Comparative study of bezafibrate and pravastatin in patients with coronary artery disease and high levels of remnant lipoproteinKeita Sano
Department of Internal Medicine II, Faculty of Medicine, University of Yamanashi, Chuo, Japan
Circ J 74:1644-50. 2010..This study examined which of 2 common lipid-lowering drugs (fibrates and statins) is more effective in patients with remnant lipoproteinemia and if lowering remnant lipoprotein levels can reduce CV risk...
- Long-term assessment of psychological well-being in a randomized placebo-controlled trial of cholesterol reduction with pravastatin. The LIPID Study InvestigatorsR A Stewart
Cardiovascular Research Unit, Green Lane Hospital, Private Bag 92189, Auckland 1030, New Zealand
Arch Intern Med 160:3144-52. 2000..The aim of this study was to identify or exclude any small or infrequent adverse effect of long-term reduction of serum cholesterol with pravastatin sodium on psychological well-being.
- Effects of pravastatin on functional capacity in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and pulmonary hypertensionTsung Ming Lee
Cardiology Section, Department of Medicine, Taipei Medical University and Chi Mei Medical Center, Tainan, Taiwan
Clin Sci (Lond) 116:497-505. 2009..In the present study, we assessed whether pravastatin administration was effective in improving PH and exercise capacity in COPD patients with PH, and whether the ..
- Assessment of adiponectin and the risk of recurrent cardiovascular events in patients presenting with an acute coronary syndrome: observations from the Pravastatin Or atorVastatin Evaluation and Infection Trial-Thrombolysis in Myocardial Infarction 22 (PRSean R Wilson
TIMI Study Group, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am Heart J 161:1147-55.e1. 2011..Recent data have suggested a possible discordant adverse risk relationship in acute coronary syndrome (ACS). Therefore, we investigated the association between adiponectin and cardiovascular events in patients with ACS...
- Effect of pravastatin on the frequency of ventilator-associated pneumonia and on intensive care unit mortality: open-label, randomized studyDemosthenes Makris
Department of Critical Care Medicine, University Hospital of Larissa, Larissa, Greece
Crit Care Med 39:2440-6. 2011To investigate whether the use of pravastatin reduces the frequency of ventilator-associated pneumonia and whether it is related to favorable outcomes in critical care patients.
- Pravastatin in patients with nonalcoholic steatohepatitis: results of a pilot studyLoukianos S Rallidis
Atherosclerosis 174:193-6. 2004
- Tolerability of red yeast rice (2,400 mg twice daily) versus pravastatin (20 mg twice daily) in patients with previous statin intoleranceSteven C Halbert
Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Cardiol 105:198-204. 2010..The present trial evaluated the tolerability of red yeast rice versus pravastatin in patients unable to tolerate other statins because of myalgia...
- Comparative pharmacokinetic interaction profiles of pravastatin, simvastatin, and atorvastatin when coadministered with cytochrome P450 inhibitorsTerry A Jacobson
Office of Health Promotion and Disease Prevention, Department of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30303, USA
Am J Cardiol 94:1140-6. 2004..Studies compared the multiple-dose pharmacokinetic interaction profiles of pravastatin, simvastatin, and atorvastatin when coadministered with 4 inhibitors of cytochrome P450-3A4 isoenzymes in ..
- Cholesterol absorption and synthesis markers in individuals with and without a CHD event during pravastatin therapy: insights from the PROSPER trialNirupa R Matthan
Cardiovascular Research Laboratory, Jean Mayer USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging, Tufts University, Boston, MA, USA
J Lipid Res 51:202-9. 2010..Nonetheless, CHD events still occur in some treated patients. To address differences in outcome during pravastatin therapy (40 mg/day), plasma markers of cholesterol synthesis (desmosterol, lathosterol) and fractional ..
- The 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl co-enzyme A reductase inhibitor pravastatin enhances neurite outgrowth in hippocampal neuronsAmy M Pooler
Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences, Harvard University Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
J Neurochem 97:716-23. 2006..To determine whether statins affect neuronal development, we treated cultured rat hippocampal neurons with pravastatin. After 4-48 h of treatment, pravastatin significantly increased the number of neurites produced by each cell ..
- Pravastatin attenuates left ventricular remodeling and diastolic dysfunction in angiotensin II-induced hypertensive miceZhujie Xu
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 51:62-70. 2008..However, the exact mechanisms of statins possibly explaining the decreased cardiovascular morbidity and mortality in patients with DHF have not been elucidated...
- Effect of pravastatin on coronary disease events in subgroups defined by coronary risk factors: the Prospective Pravastatin Pooling ProjectF M Sacks
Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School Boston, MA 02115, USA
Circulation 102:1893-900. 2000..Previous trials have had insufficient numbers of coronary events to address definitively the effect of lipid-modifying therapy on coronary heart disease in subgroups of patients with varying baseline characteristics...
- The effect of 6 months of treatment with pravastatin on serum adiponection concentrations in Japanese patients with coronary artery disease and hypercholesterolemia: a pilot studyKenji Sakamoto
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kumamoto University, Kumamoto, Japan
Clin Ther 28:1012-21. 2006b>Pravastatin has been reported to reduce cardiovascular events and mortality in patients with coronary artery disease (CAD). Hypoadiponectinemia is a known risk factor for CAD.
- Myeloid-related protein 8/14 and the risk of cardiovascular death or myocardial infarction after an acute coronary syndrome in the Pravastatin or Atorvastatin Evaluation and Infection Therapy: Thrombolysis in Myocardial Infarction (PROVE IT-TIMI 22) trialDavid A Morrow
Thrombolysis in Myocardial Infarction Study Group, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am Heart J 155:49-55. 2008..Elevated concentrations of MRP-8/14 are associated with a higher risk for future cardiovascular events in apparently healthy individuals but have not been assessed with respect to prognosis in patients with acute coronary syndrome...
- Effect of intensive statin therapy on clinical outcomes among patients undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention for acute coronary syndrome. PCI-PROVE IT: A PROVE IT-TIMI 22 (Pravastatin or Atorvastatin Evaluation and Infection Therapy-Thrombolysis IC Michael Gibson
TIMI Study Group, Cardiovascular Division, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 54:2290-5. 2009....
- Effect of apoE genotype on the hypolipidaemic response to pravastatin in an outpatient settingR Pena
Unidad de Arteriosclerosis, Hospital Carlos III, Madrid, Spain
J Intern Med 251:518-25. 2002..objective of the present study was to evaluate the effect of the apoE genotype on the lipoprotein response to pravastatin treatment in an outpatient population followed-up in several different clinics across Spain...
- Effect of pravastatin on frequency of fracture in the LIPID study: secondary analysis of a randomised controlled trial. Long-term Intervention with Pravastatin in Ischaemic DiseaseI R Reid
Department of Medicine, University of Auckland, New Zealand
Lancet 357:509-12. 2001..To assess whether statins have clinically significant effects on bone, we studied the frequency of fractures in a large randomised controlled trial of these agents...
- Lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A2 and its association with cardiovascular outcomes in patients with acute coronary syndromes in the PROVE IT-TIMI 22 (PRavastatin Or atorVastatin Evaluation and Infection Therapy-Thrombolysis In Myocardial Infarction)Michelle O'Donoghue
Cardiovascular Division, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Circulation 113:1745-52. 2006..The prognostic value of Lp-PLA2 in patients with acute coronary syndromes (ACS) has not been established...
- Disposition of oral and intravenous pravastatin in MRP2-deficient TR- ratsKari T Kivistö
Dr Margarete Fischer Bosch Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Auerbachstrasse 112, D 70376 Stuttgart, Germany
Drug Metab Dispos 33:1593-6. 2005..role of the efflux transporter Mrp2 (Abcc2) in the pharmacokinetics of orally and intravenously administered pravastatin in rats. Eight Mrp2-deficient TR- rats and eight wild-type rats were given an oral dose of 20 mg/kg pravastatin...
- Effect of pravastatin on malondialdehyde-modified low-density lipoprotein levels and coronary plaque regression as determined by three-dimensional intravascular ultrasoundShigemasa Tani
Department of Cardiology, Nihon University Surugadai Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Am J Cardiol 96:1089-94. 2005..This study investigated the effects of pravastatin on the serum levels of MDA-LDL and coronary atherosclerosis...
- Influence of drug transporter polymorphisms on pravastatin pharmacokinetics in humansKari T Kivistö
Department of Pharmacological Sciences, Medical School, University of Tampere, Tampere 33014, Finland
Pharm Res 24:239-47. 2007The role of drug transporters in pravastatin disposition is underlined by the fact that pravastatin does not undergo significant cytochrome P-450 (CYP)-mediated biotransformation...
- Effects of fosinopril and pravastatin on cardiovascular events in subjects with microalbuminuriaFolkert W Asselbergs
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Circulation 110:2809-16. 2004..We assessed whether therapeutic intervention aimed at lowering urinary albumin excretion would reduce cardiovascular events in microalbuminuric subjects (15 to 300 mg/24 hours)...
- High plasma pravastatin concentrations are associated with single nucleotide polymorphisms and haplotypes of organic anion transporting polypeptide-C (OATP-C, SLCO1B1)Mikko Niemi
Dr Margarete Fischer Bosch Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Stuttgart, Germany
Pharmacogenetics 14:429-40. 2004..protein 2 (MRP2, ABCC2) and multidrug resistance transporter (MDR1, ABCB1) and the pharmacokinetics of pravastatin. We studied 41 healthy Caucasian volunteers who had previously participated in pharmacokinetic studies with ..
- Statins selectively inhibit leukocyte function antigen-1 by binding to a novel regulatory integrin siteG Weitz-Schmidt
Novartis Pharma AG, Preclinical Research, Basel, Switzerland
Nat Med 7:687-92. 2001..Targeting of the statin-binding site of LFA-1 could be used to treat diseases such as psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis, ischemia/reperfusion injury and transplant rejection...
- Pravastatin Inhibits the Rho/CCN2/extracellular matrix cascade in human fibrosis explants and improves radiation-induced intestinal fibrosis in ratsValerie Haydont
UPRES EA 27 10 Radiosensibilité des tumeurs et tissus sains, Institut de Radioprotection et de Sûreté Nucléaire Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Clin Cancer Res 13:5331-40. 2007..Among these new targets, we identified the Rho/ROCK pathway and thought to investigate whether pravastatin treatment inhibits Rho pathway activation and elicits an antifibrotic action.
- Pharmacokinetic comparison of the potential over-the-counter statins simvastatin, lovastatin, fluvastatin and pravastatinPertti J Neuvonen
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Helsinki and Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Clin Pharmacokinet 47:463-74. 2008..and interaction potentials of the possible OTC candidate statins simvastatin, lovastatin, fluvastatin and pravastatin are clearly different...
- Long-term effects of pravastatin on plasma concentration of C-reactive protein. The Cholesterol and Recurrent Events (CARE) InvestigatorsP M Ridker
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, The Children s Hospital Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA
Circulation 100:230-5. 1999..We evaluated whether long-term therapy with pravastatin, an agent that reduces cardiovascular risk, might alter levels of this inflammatory parameter.
- Pravastatin inhibits expression of lectin-like oxidized low-density lipoprotein receptor-1 (LOX-1) in Watanabe heritable hyperlipidemic rabbits: a new pleiotropic effect of statinsOliver Hofnagel
Leibniz Institute for Arteriosclerosis Research, University Hospital of Muenster, Germany
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 26:604-10. 2006..Because statins are able to downregulate LOX-1 expression in vitro, we examined if pravastatin can be used to reduce LOX-1 expression and lipid core formation in lesions of Watanabe heritable hyperlipidemic ..
- Clinical pharmacokinetics of pravastatin: mechanisms of pharmacokinetic eventsT Hatanaka
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, Japan
Clin Pharmacokinet 39:397-412. 2000b>Pravastatin, one of the 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-coenzyme A (HMG-CoA) reductase inhibitors (statins) widely used in the management of hypercholesterolaemia, has unique pharmacokinetic characteristics among the members of this class...
- Pravastatin does not affect insulin sensitivity and adipocytokines levels in healthy nondiabetic patientsMarie Hélène Gannagé-Yared
Division of Endocrinology, Hotel Dieu de France Hospital, Beirut, Lebanon
Metabolism 54:947-51. 2005..The effect of statins on insulin resistance is controversial and poorly studied in nondiabetic subjects. In addition, the effect of statins on leptin and adiponectin has never been studied...
- Are markers of inflammation more strongly associated with risk for fatal than for nonfatal vascular events?Naveed Sattar
Division of Cardiovascular and Medical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland, UK
PLoS Med 6:e1000099. 2009..We tested whether interleukin (IL)-6, C-reactive protein (CRP), and fibrinogen more strongly associate with fatal compared to nonfatal myocardial infarction (MI) and stroke...
- Hyperglycemia induces apoptosis of human pancreatic islet endothelial cells: effects of pravastatin on the Akt survival pathwayEnrica Favaro
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Torino, Torino, Italy
Am J Pathol 173:442-50. 2008..Apoptosis was accompanied by a reduced p-Akt/Akt ratio and inhibition of nephrin tyrosine phosphorylation. Pravastatin (1 mumol/L) decreased apoptosis induced by high glucose or oxidized LDL and increased Akt phosphorylation...
- Distinct effects of pravastatin, atorvastatin, and simvastatin on insulin secretion from a beta-cell line, MIN6 cellsMayumi Ishikawa
Department of Internal Medicine Endocrinology and Metabolism Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
J Atheroscler Thromb 13:329-35. 2006..the direct effects of statins on insulin secretion from pancreatic beta-cells, MIN6 cells were treated with pravastatin, simvastatin, or atorvastatin...
- Effects of pravastatin in murine collagen-induced arthritisToshiaki Yamagata
Department of Nephrology and Rheumatology, Kinki University School of Medicine, 377 2 Ohno Higashi, Osaka Sayama, Osaka 589 8511, Japan
Rheumatol Int 27:631-9. 2007..DBA/1 mice were immunized with bovine type-II collagen and administered 100 mg/kg of pravastatin interperitoneally...
- A novel human hepatic organic anion transporting polypeptide (OATP2). Identification of a liver-specific human organic anion transporting polypeptide and identification of rat and human hydroxymethylglutaryl-CoA reductase inhibitor transportersB Hsiang
Bristol Myers Squibb Co, Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Princeton, New Jersey 08543 4000, USA
J Biol Chem 274:37161-8. 1999..sulfate, and thyroid hormone, as well as the hydroxymethylglutaryl-CoA reductase inhibitor, pravastatin. OATP2 is expressed exclusively in liver in contrast to all other known transporter subtypes that are found in ..
- Comparison of the efficacy and safety of rosuvastatin versus atorvastatin, simvastatin, and pravastatin across doses (STELLAR* Trial)Peter H Jones
Baylor College of Medicine, 6565 Fannin Avenue, A 601, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Cardiol 92:152-60. 2003..parallel-group, open-label, randomized, multicenter trial was to compare rosuvastatin with atorvastatin, pravastatin, and simvastatin across dose ranges for reduction of low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol...
- Pravastatin improves cerebral vasomotor reactivity in patients with subcortical small-vessel diseaseP Sterzer
Department of Neurology, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Stroke 32:2817-20. 2001..Using transcranial Doppler sonography (TCD), we examined acetazolamide reactivity as a marker of cerebral vasoreactivity in patients with subcortical small-vessel disease before and after pravastatin treatment.
- Cholesterol induces oxidative stress and triggers iron and A? accumulationOthman Ghribi; Fiscal Year: 2012..We will compare the effects of pravastatin (a hydrophilic statin that has a low propensity to cross the BBB) and simvastatin (a lipophilic statin that ..
- Effect of Statin Therapy on Disease Progression in Children with ADPKDRobert W Schrier; Fiscal Year: 2012..This study is designed to determine if treatment with the medicines, pravastatin and lisinopril, can slow the progression of kidney and heart disease when initiated early in life in patients ..
- Phase II Trial of Lonafarnib, Pravastatin and Zoledronic Acid in ProgeriaMARK WILLIAM KIERAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..This open label phase II efficacy trial will evaluate pravastatin, zoledronic acid and lonafarnib, and is based on our two previous clinical trials for HGPS...
- Improved actions of nitrates and statins with L-arginineRuth Caldwell; Fiscal Year: 2003..and congestive heart failure using nitroglycerin (GTN) or isosorbide mononitrate (ISMN) and 2) statin therapy [pravastatin (PRA) or simvastatin (SIM)] for unstable angina and stroke, by their combination with L-arginine (L-arginine)...
- TDM & Drug Interactions in HIVinfected Substance AbusersGene Morse; Fiscal Year: 2007..inhibitors (NNRTIs), and commonly prescribed medications including methadone, ethinyl estradiol, fluconazole, pravastatin, and fluoxetine in HIV-infected, substance abusers The proposed methodology employs a Therapeutic Drug ..
- The Role of Statin Lactones in Statin ToxicityUwe Christians; Fiscal Year: 2006..potential role of the lactones of statins administered as open acids (atorvastatin, cerivastatin, fluvastatin, pravastatin) in pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic drug interactions and toxicity...
- Maternal Fetal Medicine NetworkRonald Wapner; Fiscal Year: 2013..Within this application is a concept evaluating the potential of statins (pravastatin) to treat and/or prevent preeclampsia in very high risk pregnancies...
- Effects of Statins on AD beyond Cholesterol and AmyloidLing Li; Fiscal Year: 2006..This hypothesis will be tested by two Specific Aims: 1) to determine the efficacy of statins (simvastatin and pravastatin) and a non-statin cholesterol-lowering drug (ezetimibe) in modulating AD-type behavior and pathology in a mouse ..
- CLINICAL TRIALS CENTER FOR ALLHATBarry Davis; Fiscal Year: 2000..is lower in moderately hypercholesterolemic men women patients receiving the cholesterol- lowering drug pravastatin (HMG CoA reductase inhibitor), than in an open "usual care" control group...
- Improving AML Therapy outcome by Cholesterol ModulationFrederick Appelbaum; Fiscal Year: 2006..Since pravastatin produces fewer adverse drug-drug interactions than other commonly-prescribed statins, we designed a Phase 1 ..
- Clinical importance of the drug interaction between statins and SYP3A inhibitorsBRIAN STROM; Fiscal Year: 2009..of myopathy and acute kidney injury following concomitant use of a non-3A4 substrate statin [fluvastatin, pravastatin, or rosuvastatin] and a CYP3A4 inhibitor...
- HEPATIC DRUG TRANSPORTERS IN DRUG DISPOSITIONDan Roden; Fiscal Year: 2006..significant in vitro, will be tested in human subjects using the well-known OATP-C-specific substrate, pravastatin, and a newly identified substrate, rifampin, as in vivo probes for this transporter...
- ISLET-KIDNEY TRANSPLANTATION FOR TYPE I DIABETESFouad Kandeel; Fiscal Year: 2006..Treatment of recipients with pravastatin may also increase the islet mass through its ability to prevent non-specific inflammatory damage to islets, as ..
- CORONARY ANGIOGRAPHIC TRIAL OF ESTROGEN THERAPYHOWARD HODIS; Fiscal Year: 2001..All arms will receive lipid-lowering therapy, low-fat low cholesterol diet and pravastatin in sufficient dosage to reduce LDL-cholesterol levels below 130 mg/dL...
- Novel Therapies in Idiopathic Pulmonary FibrosisKevin Brown; Fiscal Year: 2009..clinical research network, the efficacy of one multi-drug (N-acetyl cysteine [NAC], clarithromycin, and pravastatin) and a novel therapy (prostaglandin 12 [PG12], prostacyclin or its analogues) in the treatment of IPF...
- Pharmacogenomics and Risk of Cardiovascular DiseaseRonald Krauss; Fiscal Year: 2009..Initial analyses in 1,000 Caucasian subjects from trials of simvastatin or pravastatin will be based on a panel of 250,000 genome-wide SNPs (Aim 1)...
- RCT OF PREVENTION OF ACCELERATED ATHEROSCLEROSIS IN SLEMATTHEW LIANG; Fiscal Year: 2000..randomized controlled trial of an aggressive atherosclerosis vascular disease modifying strategy is aimed at primary prevention using B complex vitamins, Pravastatin, an a novel telephone risk factor management system in women with SLE.
- Dietary Macronutrients and Weight LossFrank Sacks; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results will be straightforwardly applicable to public health and clinical guidelines for obesity, and will increase our understanding of the biology of obesity and weight loss. ..
- VLDL and LDL Particle Types as CHD Risk FactorsFrank Sacks; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Apo A2, C1 and C2 and Diet in human apoB MetabolismFrank Sacks; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- KINETICS OF HUMAN POSTPRANDIAL LIPOPROTEIN METABOLISMFrank Sacks; Fiscal Year: 2001..These studies will increase our understanding of the metabolic pathways that are activated or suppressed postprandially, and could lead to treatments for reducing the development of atherosclerosis. ..
- Determining Therapeutic Efficacy of AGE in ADNeelima Chauhan; Fiscal Year: 2005..If successful, this project will validate the use of safe, naturally well-tolerated, cost-effective and alternative herbal pharmacotherapy for treating AD. ..
- STATINS AND NON-CARDIAC ENDPOINTSBeatrice Golomb; Fiscal Year: 2003..that simvastatin (lipophilic) will exert more potent effects on cognition (and perhaps aggression) than pravastatin (hydrophilic); that serotonin (5HT) changes will related to changes in aggressive responding and perhaps ..
- THROMBOTIC, INFLAMMATORY & GENE MARKERS OF CVD IN WOMENPaul Ridker; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- MAC 1/LFA 1/P150 95 AND PMN LEUKOCYTE FUNCTIONChristie Ballantyne; Fiscal Year: 2002..3. Characterize the contribution of each CD11 integrin on the host response to common bacterial and fungal pathogens in vitro and in vivo. ..
- PROTEASE INHIBITOR-INDUCED HYPERLIPIDEMIA IN AIDSVirgil Brown; Fiscal Year: 2004..These are specific agents that are effective in reducing triglyceride as well as improving insulin resistance. ..
- SECONDARY PREVENTION TRIAL OF VENOUS THROMBOSISPaul Ridker; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Obesity, Inflammation and Thrombosis: LOOK AHEADChristie M Ballantyne; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Reduction of Amyloid Burden by Antisense APPNeelima Chauhan; Fiscal Year: 2005..Significance: Targeting the translation of amyloidogenic APP by antisense synthetic oligodeoxynucleotides may prove to be an effective and safe form of gene therapy for treating familial AD and other genetic diseases. ..
- Coenzyme Q10 in Aging: A Planning GrantBeatrice Golomb; Fiscal Year: 2005..Thus there is strong conceptual as well as clinical rationale for assessing whether Q10 provides QOL & functional benefits in aging and whether it protects against untoward events associated with age. ..
- Minocycline to Improve Neurologic Outcome (MINO Clinical Trial)David Hess; Fiscal Year: 2009..Since it is a safe drug and may also have activity against intracerebral hemorrhage, minocycline has excellent potential to become a "field drug", administered by ambulance crews and in rural hospitals. ..
- Pathophysiology and Characterisation of NAFLDMichael Charlton; Fiscal Year: 2009..We believe that these experiments will generate mechanistic insight into the cause and effects of increased oxidative stress in patients with histologically progressive NAFLD. ..
- DIETARY COMPOSITION, OBESITY, AND CARDIOVASCULAR RISKERNST SCHAEFER; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- The Effect of Statins on Skeletal Muscle FunctionPAUL DAVIS THOMPSON; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Diet-Induced Insulin Resistance and Myocardial Ischemia in PigsGregory Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2008..Therefore, an additional goal is to determine whether chronic treatment with a PPAR alpha or gamma agonist modifies myocardial metabolic and contractile dysfunction after I/R in insulin resistant pigs. ..
- DIETS FOR DYSLIPIDEMIA IN THE METABOLIC SYNDROMERobert Knopp; Fiscal Year: 2009..This study will be the first to demonstrate dietary benefit for dyslipidemia, inflammation and vascular stress in MetS at stable weight. ..
- QUANTITATIVE IMAGING OF ZINC METABOLISM IN THE BRAINRichard Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- HDL metabolism: Influence of extracellular lipasesDaniel Rader; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Fluorescence Zinc BioSensing and Imaging TechnologyRICHARD BLAIR THOMPSON; Fiscal Year: 2010..This novel technology will provide the basis for new diagnostics and treatments. ..
- Salsalate: A Diabetes Treatment for Carbonyl, Oxidative & Nitrosative StressJOSHUA ISRAEL BARZILAY; Fiscal Year: 2010..If effective, this treatment could reduce the risk of heart attacks and strokes that frequently occur in people with diabetes. ..
- A Metabolomic Approach to Discovering Biomarkers for ADPKDRobert H Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition, work from this proposal will lead to new knowledge about the pathology of the disease and to selection of patients who will most benefit from any new drug. ..
- Identification of biomarkers of fatty acid intakeHannia Campos; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Effect of Urban Form on Exercise and BMI in Black WomenPatricia Coogan; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed study has the potential to provide such evidence and to impact policy in the domains of both transportation/urban planning and public health. ..
- BIOLOGY OF PROTEOLYTIC DERIVATIVES OF LP(A)ANGELO SCANU; Fiscal Year: 2009..The results of the proposed studies should shed light on whether ox-PL adducts play a role in the cardiovascular pathogenicity of Lp(a). ..
- Validity of Diabetes Self-Reports in the Women's Health InitiativeKaren Margolis; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results of the study will help determine whether self-reported diabetes can be used for other analyses of the WHI data, and for post- menopausal women in other studies. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Regulation of eNOS by the cell division cycle homolog, cdc37Michael Harris; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Risk of Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes among Young FinnsJaakko Tuomilehto; Fiscal Year: 2005..The detailed epidemiological data obtained in this study will also lay a foundation for further research of etiological factors, genetic and environmental, predisposing to DMI and DM2 in this age group. ..
- AtherothrombosisPeter Libby; Fiscal Year: 2005..This effort will hasten the translation of research discoveries to promote health of the heart and blood vessels at home and abroad. ..
- CASE CONTROL STUDY OF STATIN USE AND LARGE BOWEL CANCERPatricia Coogan; Fiscal Year: 2004..S. men and women are high, an inverse association would be of considerable public health importance. Moreover, it would shed light on a mechanism of colon carcinogenesis. ..
- Inflammation and Aortic Aneurysm PathophysiologyGalina Sukhova; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Inflammatory Mechanisms of AtherosclerosisPeter Libby; Fiscal Year: 2006..5. We will explore a putative functional role of a novel prostaglandin E2 receptor EP4 interacting protein (EPRAP) in endogenous anti-inflammatory pathways. ..
- Oxidized Phospholipids and AngiogenesisKarol Watson; Fiscal Year: 2004..Information derived from these experiments will contribute to understanding the role of lipid oxidation products in angiogenesis, and potentially explain the co- localization of atherosclerosis and angiogenesis in vivo. ..
- ACTION - A CHF Trial Investigating Outcomes of ExerciseGregg Fonarow; Fiscal Year: 2006..The trial will take place over 5 years with an initial 6 months for planning, training, and implementation; 3 years of enrollment; 1 year of follow-up; and 6 months for close out, analysis, and presentation. ..
- Pharmacogenetics of the Statin ResponseERNST SCHAEFER; Fiscal Year: 2006..studies), we propose to study 2804 male and 3000 female participants in the Prospective Study of Pravastatin in the Elderly at Risk (PROSPER), who were selected for age 70-82 years, having vascular disease coronary, ..
- Physiogenomic Arrays for Clinical NeuropsychiatryGUALBERTO RUANO; Fiscal Year: 2006..The program will develop NeuroPsych Gene Array products as a new tool for systems understanding of neuropsychiatric and neurodegenerative diseases leading to early diagnosis and personalized therapy. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mentored Career Development in Patient Oriented ResearchDaniel Rader; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Spirituality and Will to Live in Patients with HIV/AIDSJoel Tsevat; Fiscal Year: 2004..We anticipate that such information will be of great benefit to patients with HIV/AIDS in their quest to make the best of a potentially devastating illness. ..
- Mentorship and Research in Spirituality and HealthJoel Tsevat; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- GENETICS OF ADIPOSITY AND GLUCOSE HOMEOSTASISCarlos Lorenzo; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- GENE-DIET INTERACTIONS AND HEART DISEASEHANNAI CAMPOS; Fiscal Year: 2003..This study will provide the most complete data set to study numerous hypotheses relating genes, diet, and CHD, and could lead to specific targeted interventions for reducing the development of CHD. ..
- Univ. of Cincinnati Clinical Curriculum AwardJoel Tsevat; Fiscal Year: 2008..Coupled with the very strong financial support and enthusiasm of the leadership of the University, we anticipate that the CRCA will have a huge impact on clinical research training in Cincinnati. ..
- Lipid Testing /Treatment in Older MI PatientsJoAnne Foody; Fiscal Year: 2005..This work will ultimately improve care for the elderly patient with cardiovascular disease. ..