Genomes and Genes
Summary: An anti-inflammatory agent with analgesic and antipyretic properties. Both the acid and its sodium salt are used in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and other rheumatic or musculoskeletal disorders, dysmenorrhea, and acute gout.
Publications298 found, 100 shown here
- Protective effects of licofelone, a 5-lipoxygenase and cyclo-oxygenase inhibitor, versus naproxen on cartilage loss in knee osteoarthritis: a first multicentre clinical trial using quantitative MRIJ P Raynauld
University of Montreal Hospital Centre, Notre Dame Hospital, Quebec, Canada
Ann Rheum Dis 68:938-47. 2009In a multicentre study to explore the effects of licofelone as a disease-modifying osteoarthritis drug in comparison with naproxen in patients with knee osteoarthritis (OA), using MRI and x-ray examination.
- Valdecoxib for treatment of primary dysmenorrhea. A randomized, double-blind comparison with placebo and naproxenStephen E Daniels
SCIREX Corporation, 3200 Red River, Suite 300, Austin, TX 78705, USA
J Gen Intern Med 20:62-7. 2005To compare the analgesic efficacy of valdecoxib with placebo and naproxen sodium for relieving menstrual cramping and pain due to primary dysmenorrhea.
- Tolerability and efficacy of a combination of paracetamol and caffeine in the treatment of tension-type headache: a randomised, double-blind, double-dummy, cross-over study versus placebo and naproxen sodiumLuigi Alberto Pini
Centro Cefalee, Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria, Modena, Italy
J Headache Pain 9:367-73. 2008..of the combination paracetamol 1,000 mg-caffeine 130 mg (PCF) observed in previous studies, by a comparison with naproxen sodium 550 mg (NAP) and placebo (PLA)...
- Consistency of response to sumatriptan/naproxen sodium in a placebo-controlled, crossover studyR B Lipton
Albert Einstein College of Medicine and the Montefiore Headache Center, Bronx, New York, NY 10461, USA
Cephalalgia 29:826-36. 2009..placebo-controlled, crossover studies were conducted to evaluate consistency of response to sumatriptan/naproxen sodium 85/500 mg (S/NS) over four attacks in adults with migraine...
- Duration of treatment with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and impact on risk of death and recurrent myocardial infarction in patients with prior myocardial infarction: a nationwide cohort studyAnne Marie Schjerning Olsen
Department of Cardiology, Copenhagen University Hospital, Gentofte, Denmark
Circulation 123:2226-35. 2011..We therefore studied the duration of NSAID treatment and cardiovascular risk in a nationwide cohort of patients with prior myocardial infarction (MI)...
- Markedly reduced toxicity of a hydrogen sulphide-releasing derivative of naproxen (ATB-346)John L Wallace
Farncombe Family Digestive Health Research Institute, Faculty of Health Sciences, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada
Br J Pharmacol 159:1236-46. 2010..We evaluated the gastrointestinal safety and anti-inflammatory efficacy of a novel hydrogen sulphide-releasing derivative of naproxen, ATB-346 [2-(6-methoxy-napthalen-2-yl)-propionic acid 4-thiocarbamoyl-phenyl ester].
- Naproxen 500 mg bid versus acetaminophen 1000 mg qid: effect on swelling and other acute postoperative events after bilateral third molar surgeryG A Bjørnsson
Section of Dental Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapy, P O Box 1057, Blindern, University of Oslo, N 0316 Oslo, Norway
J Clin Pharmacol 43:849-58. 2003..crossover study, in which the patients acted as their own controls, was carried out to test the efficacy of naproxen 500 mg x 2 versus acetaminophen 1000 mg x 4 for 3 days on the postoperative course following third molar surgery...
- Colonic release and reduced intestinal tissue damage of coated tablets containing naproxen inclusion complexZong Zhu Piao
National Research Laboratory for Bioavailability Control, College of Pharmacy, Kangwon National University, Chuncheon 200 701, Republic of Korea
Int J Pharm 350:205-11. 2008A colonic-release delivery system containing naproxen inclusion complex with 2-hydroxypropyl-beta-cyclodextrin (2-HPbetaCD) was originally proposed...
- Fish oil supplementation in F1 generation associated with naproxen, clenbuterol, and insulin administration reduce tumor growth and cachexia in Walker 256 tumor-bearing ratsJoão A Pinto
Department of Physiology, Biological Sciences Building, Federal University of Parana, 81530 990, Curitiba PR, Brazil
J Nutr Biochem 15:358-65. 2004..At day 3, when the tumor was palpable, rats were treated with naproxen (N) (0.1 mg/mL), clenbuterol (Cb) (0.15 mg/kg body weight), and insulin (I) (10 U/kg body weight)...
- Rationale, design, and governance of Prospective Randomized Evaluation of Celecoxib Integrated Safety versus Ibuprofen Or Naproxen (PRECISION), a cardiovascular end point trial of nonsteroidal antiinflammatory agents in patients with arthritisMatthew C Becker
Department of Cardiology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, OH 44195, USA
Am Heart J 157:606-12. 2009..Pain management in patients with osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis often requires long-term use of nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). However, the relative cardiovascular safety of these therapies remains uncertain...
- Rivaroxaban (BAY 59-7939)--an oral, direct Factor Xa inhibitor--has no clinically relevant interaction with naproxenDagmar Kubitza
Clinical Pharmacology, Pharmacometry, Bayer HealthCare AG, Wuppertal, Germany
Br J Clin Pharmacol 63:469-76. 2007..This randomized, two-way crossover study, with a naproxen run-in period, was performed to determine whether naproxen influences the tolerability, pharmacodynamics and ..
- Synergistic effect of the interaction between naproxen and citral on inflammation in ratsMario I Ortiz
Área Académica de Medicina del Instituto de Ciencias de la Salud, Universidad Autonoma del Estado de Hidalgo, Pachuca, Hidalgo, Mexico
Phytomedicine 18:74-9. 2010..was to examine the effects on inflammation and gastric injury in rats resulting from the interaction between naproxen and citral...
- Frovatriptan vs. transdermal oestrogens or naproxen sodium for the prophylaxis of menstrual migraineMario Guidotti
Neurologic Unit, Valduce General Hospital, Via Dante 11, I 22100 Como, Italy
J Headache Pain 8:283-8. 2007..is often incomplete and unsatisfactory, and perimenstrual prophylaxis with triptans, oestrogen supplementation or naproxen sodium may be needed for decreasing frequency and severity of the attack...
- Piperazinylalkyl prodrugs of naproxen improve in vitro skin permeationJ Rautio
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of Kuopio, P O Box 1627, FIN 70211, Kuopio, Finland
Eur J Pharm Sci 11:157-63. 2000..and evaluated in vitro for their properties as bioreversible topically administered dermal prodrugs of naproxen. These ionizable prodrugs exhibited various aqueous solubilities and lipophilicities, depending on the pH of ..
- Molecular basis for cyclooxygenase inhibition by the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug naproxenKelsey C Duggan
AB Hancock Jr Memorial Laboratory for Cancer Research, Department of Biochemistry, Vanderbilt Institute for Chemical Biology, the Center in Molecular Toxicology, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 0146
J Biol Chem 285:34950-9. 2010b>Naproxen ((S)-6-methoxy-α-methyl-2-naphthaleneacetic acid) is a powerful non-selective non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug that is extensively used as a prescription and over-the-counter medication...
- Effects of liquisolid formulations on dissolution of naproxenNgiik Tiong
Department of Pharmacy, Health and Well Being, University of Sunderland, Sunderland, United Kingdom
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 73:373-84. 2009The aim of this study was to investigate the use of liquisolid technique in improving the dissolution profiles of naproxen in a solid dosage form. This study was designed to evaluate the effects of different formulation variables, i.e...
- Sumatriptan and naproxen sodium for the acute treatment of migraineTimothy R Smith
Mercy Health Research Ryan Headache Center, Chesterfield, MO 63017, USA
Headache 45:983-91. 2005To evaluate the efficacy and tolerability of treatment with a combination of sumatriptan 50 mg (encapsulated) and naproxen sodium 500 mg administered concurrently in the acute treatment of migraine.
- Synthesis, characterisation, and biological studies of CdTe quantum dot-naproxen conjugatesStephen J Byrne
The School of Chemistry, University of Dublin, Ireland
ChemMedChem 2:183-6. 2007
- Meta-analysis of the efficacy and safety of naproxen sodium in the acute treatment of migraineChuthamanee C Suthisisang
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Headache 50:808-18. 2010To assess the efficacy and safety of naproxen sodium in the treatment of acute migraine attacks.
- Evaluation of percutaneous absorption of naproxen from different liposomal formulationsCarmelo Puglia
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Catania, Catania, Italy
J Pharm Sci 99:2819-29. 2010The present study concerns the percutaneous absorption of naproxen (NPX), as model anti-inflammatory drug, included in liposome formulations constituted of different lipids: stratum corneum lipids (SCL) and phosphatidylcholine/cholesterol ..
- Preparation, in vitro characterization and in vivo release of naproxen loaded in poly-caprolactone nanoparticlesMainara Rangel Rodrigues
Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Medicines, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Pharm Dev Technol 16:12-21. 2011b>Naproxen was loaded in poly-caprolactone (PCL) nanoparticles as an implantable sustained release system to prolong its anti-inflammatory activity...
- Fatal acute hepatitis after sequential treatment with levofloxacin, doxycycline, and naproxen in a patient presenting with acute Mycoplasma pneumoniae infectionMiguel F Carrascosa
Internal Medicine Department, Hospital of Laredo, Cantabria, Spain
Clin Ther 31:1014-9. 2009..However, prompt recognition of a culprit drug as the cause of liver injury is the most important aspect in the management of hepatotoxicity...
- Combination treatment for menstrual migraine and dysmenorrhea using sumatriptan-naproxen: two randomized controlled trialsLisa K Mannix
Headache Associates, West Chester, Ohio, USA
Obstet Gynecol 114:106-13. 2009To evaluate the efficacy and tolerability of sumatriptan-naproxen during the mild pain phase of a single menstrual migraine attack associated with dysmenorrhea.
- Cardiovascular risk and inhibition of cyclooxygenase: a systematic review of the observational studies of selective and nonselective inhibitors of cyclooxygenase 2Patricia McGettigan
Discipline of Clinical Pharmacology, School of Medicine and Public Health, The University of Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
JAMA 296:1633-44. 2006..Regulatory agencies have provided variable advice regarding the cardiovascular risks with older nonselective NSAIDs...
- The Effects of cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitors and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory therapy on 24-hour blood pressure in patients with hypertension, osteoarthritis, and type 2 diabetes mellitusJames R Sowers
State University of New York, Brooklyn, USA
Arch Intern Med 165:161-8. 2005..Therefore, we conducted a double-blind, randomized trial to evaluate the effects of celecoxib, rofecoxib, and naproxen on 24-hour blood pressure (BP) in patients with type 2 diabetes, hypertension, and osteoarthritis.
- Celecoxib compared with lansoprazole and naproxen to prevent gastrointestinal ulcer complicationsKam Chuen Lai
Department of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong, China
Am J Med 118:1271-8. 2005..We compared the efficacy of a selective COX-2 inhibitor with that of proton pump inhibitor co-therapy in the reduction in the incidence of ulcer relapse in patients with a history of NSAID-related peptic ulcers...
- COX-2 selective non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and risk of serious coronary heart diseaseWayne A Ray
Department of Preventive Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Lancet 360:1071-3. 2002..93 (1.09-3.42, p=0.024). By contrast, there was no evidence of raised risk of CHD among users of rofecoxib at doses of 25 mg or less or among users of other NSAIDs...
- Sumatriptan-naproxen for acute treatment of migraine: a randomized trialJan Lewis Brandes
Nashville Neuroscience Group, Nashville, Tenn 37203, USA
JAMA 297:1443-54. 2007..Multiple pathogenic mechanisms may be involved in generating the migraine symptom complex, and multimechanism-targeted therapy may confer advantages over monotherapy...
- Preparation and physicochemical characterization of naproxen-PLGA nanoparticlesYousef Javadzadeh
Faculty of Pharmacy, Biotechnology Research Center, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz, Iran
Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 81:498-502. 2010b>Naproxen is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug which can be used for the treatment of inflammatory disorders like uveitis and arthirit rheumatoid...
- Comparison of upper gastrointestinal toxicity of rofecoxib and naproxen in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. VIGOR Study GroupC Bombardier
Institute for Work and Health, Mount Sinai Hospital, and The University Health Network, Toronto, ON, Canada
N Engl J Med 343:1520-8, 2 p following 1528. 2000..rofecoxib, a selective inhibitor of cyclooxygenase-2, would be associated with a lower incidence of clinically important upper gastrointestinal events than is the nonselective NSAID naproxen among patients with rheumatoid arthritis.
- In vitro and in vivo evaluation of polyoxyethylene esters as dermal prodrugs of ketoprofen, naproxen and diclofenacF P Bonina
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, University of Catania, Viale A Doria 6, 95125 Catania, Italy
Eur J Pharm Sci 14:123-34. 2001Novel polyoxyethylene esters of ketoprofen (1(a-e)), naproxen (2(a-e)) and diclofenac (3(a-e)) were synthesized and evaluated as potential dermal prodrugs of naproxen, ketoprofen and diclofenac...
- Protective effect of astaxanthin on naproxen-induced gastric antral ulceration in ratsJeong Hwan Kim
Department of Biotechnology, School of Life Sciences and Biotechnology, Korea University, Seoul 136 701, South Korea
Eur J Pharmacol 514:53-9. 2005Frequently used for humans as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug, naproxen has been known to induce ulcerative gastric lesion...
- Comparative efficacy and safety of celecoxib and naproxen in the treatment of osteoarthritis of the hipA J Kivitz
Altoona Center for Clinical Research, Altoona, PA, USA
J Int Med Res 29:467-79. 2001..the efficacy and safety of the COX-1 sparing, COX-2 specific inhibitor, celecoxib, with the conventional NSAID naproxen, and placebo, in the treatment of OA of the hip...
- In vitro detection of (S)-naproxen and ibuprofen binding to plaques in the Alzheimer's brain using the positron emission tomography molecular imaging probe 2-(1-[6-[(2-[(18)F]fluoroethyl)(methyl)amino]-2-naphthyl]ethylidene)malononitrileE D Agdeppa
Division of Nuclear Medicine, Department of Molecular and Medical Pharmacology, Laboratory of Structural Biology and Molecular Medicine, The David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Box 956948, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Neuroscience 117:723-30. 2003..2-(1-[6-[(2-[(18)F]fluoroethyl)(methyl)amino]-2-naphthyl]ethylidene)malononitrile ([(18)F]FDDNP), against (S)-naproxen and (R)- and (S)-ibuprofen (but not diclofenac) to Abeta fibrils and ex vivo Abeta senile plaques...
- Formulation and roentgenographic studies of naproxen-pectin-based matrix tablets for colon drug deliveryK Purushotham Rao
Department of Pharmaceutics, H K E College of Pharmacy, M R Medical College, Gulbarga, Karnataka, India
Yale J Biol Med 76:149-54. 2003..the results of in vitro and roentgenographic studies revealed that pectin, hydroxy ethyl cellulose (20 percent) base coated with ethyl cellulose and cellulose acetate phthalate was found to be a promising carrier for naproxen to colon.
- Supramolecular solid-phase extraction of ibuprofen and naproxen from sewage based on the formation of mixed supramolecular aggregates prior to their liquid chromatographic/photometric determinationEsther María Costi
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Sciences, University of Cordoba, Edificio Anexo Marie Curie, Campus de Rabanales, 14071 Cordoba, Spain
J Chromatogr A 1210:1-7. 2008..were proposed for the quantitative and practically solvent-free solid-phase extraction (SPE) of ibuprofen and naproxen from sewage samples...
- ESR detection and dosimetric properties of irradiated naproxen sodiumM Polat
Physics Engineering Department, Hacettepe University, Beytepe, Ankara, Turkey
Int J Pharm 255:209-15. 2003In the present work, the electron spin resonance (ESR) dosimetric properties of naproxen sodium (NS) was investigated in the dose range of (2.5-25 kGy)...
- Topical naproxen sodium for inhibition of miosis during cataract surgery. Prospective, randomized clinical trialsV Papa
The Medical Department, SIFI SpA, Catania, Italy
Eye (Lond) 16:292-6. 2002To assess corneal penetration of naproxen sodium and its efficacy in maintaining intraoperative mydriasis during cataract surgery.
- Potential interaction between acenocoumarol and diclofenac, naproxen and ibuprofen and role of CYP2C9 genotypeKaren N van Dijk
Department of Social Pharmacy, Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacotherapy, Groningen University Institute for Drug Exploration, The Netherlands
Thromb Haemost 91:95-101. 2004..In this retrospective cohort study the influence of diclofenac, naproxen and ibuprofen on the INR of outpatients stabilised on acenocoumarol therapy was investigated...
- Naproxen sodium in short-term prophylaxis of pure menstrual migraine: pathophysiological and clinical considerationsG Allais
Women s Headache Center, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University of Turin, Via Ventimiglia 3, I 10126 Turin, Italy
Neurol Sci 28:S225-8. 2007We investigated the biological and clinical effects of naproxen sodium (NxS) in the short-term prophylaxis of pure menstrual migraine (PMM) in 25 women suffering from migraine without aura, occurring exclusively from 2 days before to 5 ..
- Increased susceptibility of ethanol-treated gastric mucosa to naproxen and its inhibition by DA-9601, an Artemisia asiatica extractTae Young Oh
Research Laboratories, Dong A Pharm Co, Ltd, 47 5, Sanggal, Kiheung, Yongin, Kyunggi, 449 905, South Korea
World J Gastroenterol 11:7450-6. 2005To examine the effect of DA-9601, a new gastroprotective agent, on the vulnerability of ethanol-treated rat's stomach to naproxen (NAP).
- Kinetics and hydrolysis mechanism of polymeric prodrugs containing ibuprofen, ketoprofen, and naproxen as pendent agentsL F Wang
School of Chemistry, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung City, Taiwan
J Biomater Sci Polym Ed 13:287-99. 2002..with 2-hydroxyethyl methacrylate (HEMA), covalently linked with ibuprofen (HI), ketoprofen (HK), or naproxen (HN)...
- A phase II trial of calcitriol and naproxen in recurrent prostate cancerSandy Srinivas
Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Anticancer Res 29:3605-10. 2009..The objective of the study was to determine whether treatment with calcitriol and naproxen is effective in safely delaying the growth and progression of PCa in men with early recurrent disease.
- Individual and mixture toxicity of pharmaceuticals naproxen, carbamazepine, and sulfamethoxazole to Australian striped marsh frog tadpoles (Limnodynastes peronii)Steven D Melvin
a School of Medical and Applied Sciences, Central Queensland University, Gladstone, Queensland, Australia
J Toxicol Environ Health A 77:337-45. 2014..loss of tactile response) of striped marsh frog (Limnodynastes peronii) tadpoles exposed to a mixture of naproxen, carbamazepine, and sulfamethoxazole, compared to exposures to the individual compounds...
- Deterministic and probabilistic acute-based environmental risk assessment for naproxen for western EuropeJürg Oliver Straub
F Hoffmann La Roche, Corporate Safety, Health and Environmental Protection, CSE 49 2 033, CH 4070 Basel, Switzerland
Environ Toxicol Chem 26:795-806. 2007An environmental risk assessment (ERA) was made for the common nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug naproxen. The ERA was performed according to deterministic and probabilistic methods, based on different predicted environmental ..
- Postoperative naproxen after coronary artery bypass surgery: a double-blind randomized controlled trialAlexander Kulik
Division of Cardiac Surgery, University of Ottawa Heart Institute, Ottawa, Ont, Canada
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 26:694-700. 2004..The aim of this study was to examine the efficacy and safety of a commonly used NSAID, naproxen. We hypothesized that naproxen would reduce postoperative pain following CABG without increasing complications.
- A prospective study comparing celecoxib with naproxen in children with juvenile rheumatoid arthritisIvan Foeldvari
Hamburger Zentrum für Kinder und Jugendrheumatologie, am Klinikum Eilbek, Dehnhaide 120, 22081 Hamburg, Germany
J Rheumatol 36:174-82. 2009To compare the efficacy and safety of celecoxib and naproxen in children with juvenile rheumatoid arthritis (JRA).
- Binding of naproxen and amitriptyline to bovine serum albumin: biophysical aspectsTuhina Banerjee
Department of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Powai, Mumbai 400 076, India
J Phys Chem B 110:24147-56. 2006Binding of the drugs naproxen (which is an anti-inflammatory) and amitriptyline (which is an anti-depressant) to bovine serum albumin (BSA) has been studied using isothermal titration calorimetry (ITC), in combination with fluorescence ..
- Longitudinal numbers-needed-to-treat (NNT) for achieving various levels of analgesic response and improvement with etoricoxib, naproxen, and placebo in ankylosing spondylitisPaul M Peloso
Clinical Research, Merck Sharp and Dohme Corp, Whitehouse Station, NJ 08889, USA
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 12:165. 2011..We evaluated levels of analgesic response and Bath Ankylosing Spondylitis Disease Activity Index (BASDAI) score improvement and the associated NNTs...
- Interaction of naproxen with ionic cyclodextrins in aqueous solution and in the solid stateP Mura
Dipartimento di Scienze Farmaceutiche, Universita di Firenze, Polo Scientifico di Sesto Fiorentino, 50019 Sesto Fiorentino, Firenze, Italy
J Pharm Biomed Anal 37:987-94. 2005The possible role of the cyclodextrin charge in the interaction with an acidic drug such as naproxen (pKa 4.8) has been evaluated...
- The inhibitory action of the antimigraine nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug naproxen on P2X3 receptor-mediated responses in rat trigeminal neuronsT Hautaniemi
Department Neurobiology, A I Virtanen Institute for Molecular Sciences, University of Eastern, Finland
Neuroscience 209:32-8. 2012..In this study, we tested whether naproxen, a common antimigraine medicine, could affect the function of P2X3 receptors in the presence or absence of the ..
- On the incorporation of the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory naproxen into cationic O/W microemulsionsM A Correa
Departamento de Farmacos e Medicamentos, Faculdade de Ciências Farmacêuticas UNESP, Rodovia Araraquara Jaú Km 01, 14801 902 Araraquara, SP, Brazil
Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 43:108-14. 2005..Oil in water microemulsions were prepared in a wide range of phase volume (phi). UV-vis absorption spectra of naproxen at pH 5...
- Pharmacokinetic and ulcerogenic studies of naproxen prodrugs designed for specific brain deliveryMahmoud Sheha
Medicinal and Pharmaceutical Chemistry Department, College of Pharmacy, Assiut University, Assiut 71526, Egypt
Arch Pharm Res 35:523-30. 2012b>Naproxen (Nap) is an NSAID used as a neuroprotective agent to treat several neurodegenerative diseases. The observed limited brain bioavailability of the drug prompted the design of several chemical delivery systems...
- Physicochemical characterization and structural evaluation of a specific 2:1 cocrystal of naproxen-nicotinamideShigeru Ando
Innovative Drug Discovery Research Laboratories, Shionogi and Company, Ltd, Toyonaka shi, Osaka 561 0825, Japan
J Pharm Sci 101:3214-21. 2012Physicochemical characterization and structural evaluation of a 2:1 naproxen-nicotinamide cocrystal were performed...
- Fixed-dose combination of enteric-coated naproxen and immediate-release esomeprazole has comparable efficacy to celecoxib for knee osteoarthritis: two randomized trialsMarc C Hochberg
Division of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 27:1243-53. 2011To demonstrate that a fixed-dose combination of enteric-coated naproxen 500 mg and immediate-release esomeprazole magnesium 20 mg has comparable efficacy to celecoxib for knee osteoarthritis.
- Pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic modeling of the inhibitory effects of naproxen on the time-courses of inflammatory pain, fever, and the ex vivo synthesis of TXB2 and PGE2 in ratsElke H J Krekels
DMPK, CNSP iMed Science Södertälje, AstraZeneca Research and Development, Innovative Medicines, SE 151 85, Sodertalje, Sweden
Pharm Res 28:1561-76. 2011To quantify and compare the time-course and potency of the analgesic and antipyretic effects of naproxen in conjunction with the inhibition of PGE(2) and TXB(2).
- Novel composite poly(4-vinylpyridine)/polypropylene membranes with recognition properties for (S)-naproxenL Donato
Research Institute on Membrane Technology, ITM CNR, c o University of Calabria, Via P Bucci, Cubo 17 C, I 87030 Rende, CS, Italy
J Pharm Biomed Anal 37:1003-8. 2005..The (S)-naproxen was used as a template molecule...
- An investigation of the adsorption of hydroxypropylmethyl cellulose 2910 5 mPa s and polyvinylpyrrolidone K90 around Naproxen nanocrystalsPieterjan Kayaert
Laboratory of Pharmacotechnology and Biopharmacy, Department of Pharmaceutical and Pharmacological Sciences, KU Leuven, Campus GHB O and N 2 Herestraat 49, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
J Pharm Sci 101:3916-23. 2012..hydroxypropylmethyl cellulose (HPMC) 2910 5 mPa s and polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP) K90] with the surface of Naproxen crystals...
- Efficacy and tolerability of celecoxib versus naproxen in patients with osteoarthritis of the knee: a randomized, double-blind, double-dummy trialM N Essex
Pfizer Inc, 235 East 42nd Street, New York, NY 10017, USA
J Int Med Res 40:1357-70. 2012To assess the efficacy and tolerability of celecoxib versus naproxen in patients with osteoarthritis (OA) of the knee.
- Investigation of the phototoxicity and cytotoxicity of naproxen, a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug, in human fibroblastsG Bracchitta
Dipartimento di Scienze Chimiche, Universita degli Studi di Catania, 95125 Catania, Italy
Photochem Photobiol Sci 12:911-22. 2013..b>Naproxen, 2-(6-methoxy-2-naphthyl) propionic acid (NAP), belongs to this pharmacological class and appears to be ..
- Clinical pharmacokinetics of naproxenN M Davies
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Clin Pharmacokinet 32:268-93. 1997b>Naproxen is a stereochemically pure nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug of the 2-arylpropionic acid class. The absorption of naproxen is rapid and complete when given orally...
- Inhibition of fatty acid amide hydrolase and cyclooxygenase by the N-(3-methylpyridin-2-yl)amide derivatives of flurbiprofen and naproxenMariateresa Cipriano
Department of Pharmacology and Clinical Neuroscience, Umea University, SE 901 87 Umea, Sweden
Eur J Pharmacol 720:383-90. 2013..Here we present data on the N-(3-methylpyridin-2-yl)amide derivatives of flurbiprofen and naproxen (Flu-AM1 and Nap-AM1, respectively) with respect to their properties towards these two enzymes...
- Interaction of naproxen with noncrystalline acetyl beta- and acetyl gamma-cyclodextrins in the solid and liquid stateGiampiero Bettinetti
Dipartimento di Chimica Farmaceutica, Universita di Pavia, Viale Taramelli 12, I 27100 Pavia, Italy
Eur J Pharm Sci 15:21-9. 2002..7 acetyl residues per macrocycle), were investigated for their interactions in the solid and liquid state with naproxen (NAP)...
- Long-term safety of naproxen and esomeprazole magnesium fixed-dose combination: phase III study in patients at risk for NSAID-associated gastric ulcersMark B Sostek
AstraZeneca, Wilmington, DE, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 27:847-54. 2011To evaluate long-term safety of enteric-coated naproxen 500 mg and immediate-release esomeprazole magnesium 20 mg fixed-dose combination (FDC) in patients at risk of NSAID-associated upper gastrointestinal (UGI) ulcers.
- Naproxen-PC: a GI safe and highly effective anti-inflammatoryL M Lichtenberger
Department of Integrative Biology and Pharmacology, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, TX, USA
Inflammopharmacology 17:1-5. 2009..As naproxen has been demonstrated to be associated with the lowest cardiovascular adverse events in comparison with both COX-..
- Comparison of the analgesic effects of oral tramadol and naproxen sodium on pain relief during IUD insertionSafinaz Karabayirli
Department of Anesthesiology, Fatih University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 19:581-4. 2012To compare the analgesic efficacy of oral tramadol and naproxen sodium on pain during insertion of an intrauterine device (IUD).
- Design, synthesis and in vitro evaluation of vinyl ether type polymeric prodrugs of ibuprofen, ketoprofen and naproxenMirzaagha Babazadeh
Laboratory of Organic Chemistry Research, Department of Applied Chemistry, Faculty of Basic Sciences, Islamic Azad University, Tabriz Branch, PO Box 1655, Tabriz, Iran
Int J Pharm 356:167-73. 2008..Three non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), ibuprofen, ketoprofen and naproxen were covalently linked to polymer 5 through amide groups by reacting chloroacylated drugs 6a-6c with amine groups ..
- Comparison of the efficacy and safety of nonprescription doses of naproxen and naproxen sodium with ibuprofen, acetaminophen, and placebo in the treatment of primary dysmenorrhea: a pooled analysis of five studiesIan Milsom
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
Clin Ther 24:1384-400. 2002..Effective treatments are available, including nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). In many countries, a variety of NSAIDs have become available as over-the-counter (OTC) drugs...
- ¹H NMR-based metabolic profiling of naproxen-induced toxicity in ratsJeeyoun Jung
Korea Basic Science Institute, Seoul 136 701, Republic of Korea
Toxicol Lett 200:1-7. 2011The dose-dependent perturbations in urinary metabolite concentrations caused by naproxen toxicity were investigated using ¹H NMR spectroscopy coupled with multivariate statistical analysis...
- Evaluation of skin permeation and anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects of new naproxen microemulsion formulationsNeslihan Ustündağ Okur
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, University of Ege, Izmir, Turkey
Int J Pharm 416:136-44. 2011..aim of this study was to evaluate the potential application of microemulsions as a transdermal drug delivery for naproxen (Np)...
- Synthesis and anti-inflammatory activity of a series of N-substituted naproxen glycolamides: nitric oxide-donor naproxen prodrugsRamani R Ranatunge
NitroMed, Inc, 125 Spring St, Lexington, MA 02421, USA
Bioorg Med Chem 14:2589-99. 2006A series of glycolamide naproxen prodrugs containing a nitrate group as a nitric oxide (NO) donor moiety has been synthesized. These compounds were evaluated for their anti-inflammatory activity, naproxen release, and gastric tolerance...
- Disposition of naproxen after oral administration during and between migraine attacksL A Pini
Clinical Pharmacology Department, University of Modena, Italy
Headache 33:191-4. 1993b>Naproxen is an anti-inflammatory drug widely used in the management of pain and in the treatment of migraine and headache...
- The combination of naproxen and citral reduces nociception and gastric damage in ratsMario I Ortiz
Área Académica de Medicina del Instituto de Ciencias de la Salud, Universidad Autonoma del Estado de Hidalgo, Pachuca, Hidalgo, Mexico
Arch Pharm Res 33:1691-7. 2010..Therefore, the aim of this study was to examine the effects of the interaction between naproxen and citral on nociception and gastric injury in rats...
- In vitro evaluation and intra-articular administration of biodegradable microspheres containing naproxen sodiumS Bozdag
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
J Microencapsul 18:443-56. 2001..In the present study, it was aimed to prepare Naproxen Sodium (NS), (a NSAID) loaded microsphere formulation using natural Bovine Serum Albumin (BSA) and synthetic ..
- Video capsule endoscopy to prospectively assess small bowel injury with celecoxib, naproxen plus omeprazole, and placeboJay L Goldstein
Department of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 3:133-41. 2005..In a multicenter, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial with video capsule endoscopy (VCE) we prospectively evaluated the incidence of small bowel injury in healthy subjects treated with celecoxib compared to naproxen plus omeprazole.
- The risk of gastrointestinal bleed, myocardial infarction, and newly diagnosed hypertension in users of meloxicam, diclofenac, naproxen, and piroxicamS S Jick
Boston Collaborative Drug Surveillance Program, Boston University School of Medicine, Lexington, Massachusetts, USA
Pharmacotherapy 20:741-4. 2000..To obtain formally quantified data on the relation of meloxicam to newly diagnosed gastrointestinal problems, myocardial infarction, or treated hypertension...
- Naproxen as prophylaxis against atrial fibrillation after cardiac surgery: the NAFARM randomized trialStevie J Horbach
Division of Invasive Clinical Electrophysiology, Department of Cardiology, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Brazil
Am J Med 124:1036-42. 2011We sought to assess the effect of naproxen versus placebo on prevention of atrial fibrillation after coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery.
- Antibacterial and ulcer healing effects of organoselenium compounds in naproxen induced and Helicobacter pylori infected Wistar rat modelB Santhosh Kumar
Department of Physiology, Deccan College of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad, India
J Trace Elem Med Biol 24:263-70. 2010..05) ulcer healing property supporting its role in gastro protection. In conclusion, the results of our study suggest that both SeCys and Ebs possess broad spectrum of activities without any potential toxicity...
- Convenient synthesis of Ibuprofen and naproxen aminoacyl, dipeptidoyl and ester derivativesAlan R Katritzky
Center for Heterocyclic Compounds, Department of Chemistry, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611 7200, USA
Chem Biol Drug Des 73:618-26. 2009DL-Ibuprofen and L-naproxen were coupled with amino acids and other bioactive compounds to provide ibuprofen and naproxen bioconjugates in 61-95% yield as prodrugs or potential drug candidates.
- Assessment of blood pressure during naproxen therapy in hypertensive patients treated with nicardipineD K Klassen
Department of Medicine, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, USA
Am J Hypertens 8:146-53. 1995..patients with stable blood pressure control on 30 mg nicardipine three times a day were treated with 375 mg naproxen twice a day or placebo for 4 weeks...
- Naproxen/esomeprazole fixed-dose combination: for the treatment of arthritic symptoms and to reduce the risk of gastric ulcersSohita Dhillon
Adis, a Wolters Kluwer Business, Auckland, New Zealand
Drugs Aging 28:237-48. 2011b>Naproxen/esomeprazole is a fixed-dose combination of the NSAID naproxen and the proton pump inhibitor esomeprazole...
- Solid-state characterization and dissolution properties of naproxen-arginine-hydroxypropyl-beta-cyclodextrin ternary systemPaola Mura
Dipartimento di Scienze Farmaceutiche, Universita di Firenze, Firenze, Italy
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 59:99-106. 2005The effect of ternary complexation of naproxen, a poorly water soluble anti-inflammatory drug, with hydroxypropyl-beta-cyclodextrin and the basic aminoacid L-arginine on the drug dissolution properties has been investigated...
- Comparison of the effect of chitosan and polyvinylpyrrolidone on dissolution properties and analgesic effect of naproxenNaima Zerrouk
Laboratoire de Pharmacie Galenique, Faculté de sciences Pharmaceutiques et Biologiques, Universite de Paris V, Paris, France
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 57:93-9. 2004The solubilizing and absorption enhancer properties towards naproxen of chitosan and polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP) have been investigated...
- Stereoselective inhibitory effect of flurbiprofen, ibuprofen and naproxen on human organic anion transporters hOAT1 and hOAT3Hiroaki Honjo
Laboratory of Clinical Pharmacodynamics, School of Pharmacy, Aichi Gakuin University, 1 100, Kusumoto cho, Chikusa ku, Nagoya shi, 464 8650, Japan
Biopharm Drug Dispos 32:518-24. 2011..laevis oocytes to assess stereoselectivity in the inhibitory characteristics of flurbiprofen, ibuprofen and naproxen against hOAT1 and hOAT3...
- Competitive binding of ibuprofen and naproxen to bovine serum albumin : modified form of drug-drug displacement interaction at the binding siteM M Rahman
Pharmacy Discipline, Life Science School, Khulna University, Khulna 9208, Bangladesh
Pak J Pharm Sci 18:43-7. 2005The competitive binding characteristics of ibuprofen and naproxen with respect to binding site on bovine serum albumin (BSA) was studied by equilibrium dialysis method at pH 7.4 and 25 degrees C...
- Adsorption characteristics of selected pharmaceuticals and an endocrine disrupting compound-Naproxen, carbamazepine and nonylphenol-on activated carbonZirui Yu
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Waterloo, 200 University Ave W, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 3G1
Water Res 42:2873-82. 2008The adsorption of two representative pharmaceutically active compounds (PhACs) (naproxen and carbamazepine) and one endocrine disrupting compound (nonylphenol) were evaluated on two types of activated carbon...
- Effect of systemically administered naproxen sodium on clinical parameters and myeloperoxidase and elastase-like activity levels in gingival crevicular fluidHamit Aras
Private Practice, Carmichael, CA, USA
J Periodontol 78:868-73. 2007The present study was conducted to determine the possible effect of naproxen sodium on clinical status and the enzymatic profile of gingival crevicular fluid (GCF) when given as adjunct to periodontal treatment.
- Sorption and desorption of carbamazepine, naproxen and triclosan in a soil irrigated with raw wastewater: estimation of the sorption parameters by considering the initial mass of the compounds in the soilJuan C Durán-Álvarez
Instituto de Ingenieria, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Ciudad Universitaria, Mexico 04510, DF, Mexico
Chemosphere 88:84-90. 2012..In this study, the sorption of naproxen, carbamazepine and triclosan was determined in a wastewater irrigated soil, considering the initial mass of the ..
- Particle design of naproxen-disintegrant agglomerates for direct compression by a crystallo-co-agglomeration techniqueMaryam Maghsoodi
School of Pharmacy and Drug Applied Research Center, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz 51664, Iran
Int J Pharm 351:45-54. 2008The purpose of the present research was to obtain directly compactible agglomerates of naproxen containing disintegrant by a novel crystallo-co-agglomeration (CCA) technique...
- Effects of rofecoxib or naproxen vs placebo on Alzheimer disease progression: a randomized controlled trialPaul S Aisen
Department of Neurology, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20057, USA
JAMA 289:2819-26. 2003....
- Development and characterization of naproxen-chitosan solid systems with improved drug dissolution propertiesPaola Mura
Dipartimento di Scienze Farmaceutiche, Facolta di Farmacia, Universita di Firenze, Via Gino Capponi 9, 50121 Firenze, Italy
Eur J Pharm Sci 19:67-75. 2003The solubilizing and amorphizing properties toward naproxen (a poorly water-soluble antiinflammatory drug) of chitosan, an emerging pharmaceutical biopolymer, have been investigated...
- Effects of preoperative ibuprofen and naproxen sodium on orthodontic painOmur Polat
Department of Orthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Baskent University, Ankara, Turkey
Angle Orthod 75:791-6. 2005..Group 1 was given a placebo, group 2 was given 400 mg ibuprofen, and group 3 was given 550 mg naproxen sodium. All the patients received only one dose that was given one hour before archwire placement...
- Naproxen, clenbuterol and insulin administration ameliorates cancer cachexia and reduce tumor growth in Walker 256 tumor-bearing ratsP M Piffar
Laboratório de Metabolismo Celular, Departamento de Fisiologia, Setor de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade Federal do Parana, Centro Politecnico, Jd das Américas, Curitiba PR 81530 990, Brazil
Cancer Lett 201:139-48. 2003..of different anabolic agents such as insulin and clenbuterol associated to prostaglandin synthesis inhibitor (naproxen) on tumor growth, cachexia and renal function in Walker 256 tumor-bearing rats (WK)...
- Lipase-catalyzed synthesis of (S)-naproxen ester prodrug by transesterification in organic solventsS W Tsai
Department of Chemical Engineering, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan, Republic of China
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 80:205-19. 1999A lipase-catalyzed enantioselective transesterification process was developed for the synthesis of (S)-naproxen 2-N-morpholinoethyl ester prodrug from racemic 2,2,2-trifluoroethyl naproxen ester in organic solvents...
- Platelet inhibitory effects of OTC doses of naproxen sodium compared with prescription dose naproxen sodium and low-dose aspirinMichael Schiff
University of Colorado, Denver, CO, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 25:2471-7. 2009Prescription dose naproxen has been reported to have an antiplatelet effect similar to low-dose aspirin (ASA)...
- Design, synthesis and biological evaluation of brain-specific glucosyl thiamine disulfide prodrugs of naproxenWei Fan
Key Laboratory of Drug Targeting of China Education Ministry, West China School of Pharmacy, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Eur J Med Chem 46:3651-61. 2011..To overcome this defect, glucosyl thiamine disulfide prodrugs 1a-1c incorporating naproxen were designed and synthesized. Furthermore, prodrug 2 and 3 were also prepared as control...
- Influence of chitosan and its glutamate and hydrochloride salts on naproxen dissolution rate and permeation across Caco-2 cellsF Maestrelli
Dipartimento di Scienze Farmaceutiche, Facolta di Farmacia, Polo Scientifico di Sesto Fiorentino, Universita di Firenze, via U Schiff 6, 50019 Sesto Fiorentino, Firenze, Italy
Int J Pharm 271:257-67. 2004..its glutamate and hydrochloride salts were evaluated for their efficacy in improving the dissolution behaviour of naproxen (a poorly water-soluble antiinflammatory drug) and its transport in vitro across Caco-2 cell monolayers...
- Effect of naproxen, a non-selective cyclo-oxygenase inhibitor, on pentylenetetrazol-induced kindling in miceAshish Dhir
Pharmacology Division, University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Panjab University, Chandigarh, India
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 32:574-84. 2005..b>Naproxen was administered daily 45 min before PTZ or vehicle. The kindling score was recorded after PTZ administration...
- Alendronate and naproxen are synergistic for development of gastric ulcersD Y Graham
Veterans Affairs Medical Center (111D, 2002 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Arch Intern Med 161:107-10. 2001..The aim of this study was to investigate whether alendronate and naproxen are synergistic as causes of gastric ulcers...
- Stereoselective interaction of epimeric naproxen-RGD peptides with human serum albuminMaría González-Béjar
Department of Chemistry and Centre for Catalysis Research and Innovation, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, K1N 6N5
Biomacromolecules 11:2255-60. 2010..of the interaction between human serum albumin (HSA) and two epimeric bioconjugates, which contain (S)- or (R)-naproxen (NPX) bound to a cyclopentapeptide with an arginine-glycine-aspartate sequence (cRGD), on the absolute ..
- Clinical trial: the incidence of NSAID-associated endoscopic gastric ulcers in patients treated with PN 400 (naproxen plus esomeprazole magnesium) vs. enteric-coated naproxen aloneJ L Goldstein
Department of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, 60612, USA
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 32:401-13. 2010..Gastroprotective co-therapy may reduce the risk of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID)-associated gastric ulcers, but adherence is suboptimal...
- Gel-forming Systems for Adhesion PreventionSHALABY SHALABY; Fiscal Year: 2005..than any other individual bioactive agent examined; and (4) certain anti-inflammatory drugs, and particularly, naproxen sodium (NP) have promising anti-adhesion properties...
- GI-Safer Formulation of Indomethacin for use in Preterm NeonatesUPENDRA K MARATHI; Fiscal Year: 2010..RELEVANCE: Nearly all currently available non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), including indomethacin, naproxen, ibuprofen, and aspirin, cause significant GI damage...
- Mechanisms for NSAID Alzheimer PreventionGregory M Cole; Fiscal Year: 2013Epidemiological studies have shown that non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), notably, ibuprofen and naproxen and other non-selective cyclooxygenase (COX) inhibitors) are associated with lower risk for Alzheimer Disease (AD)...
- Innovative Device to Improve Safety of Preparing and Administering ChemotherapyPrasad Sunkara; Fiscal Year: 2013..that it achieves containment and maintains sterility under end-user process simulation conditions using naproxen sodium and trypticase soy broth...
- Functional Analysis of Cyclooxygenase-2Lawrence J Marnett; Fiscal Year: 2013..is most dramatic for the (R)-enantiomers of arylpropionic acid NSAIDs (profens), such as (R)-flurbiprofen, (R)-naproxen, and (R)-ibuprofen...
- CARCINOGENIC CYCLIC NITROSAMINE DNA ADDUCTSStephen S Hecht; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed research is significant because of the known human exposure to these carcinogens through the diet, tobacco products, and endogenous formation. ..
- Capitalizing on NSAID enantiomer selectivity for cancer prevention and therapy(PQAngela Wandinger-Ness; Fiscal Year: 2013..We find that the R-enantiomers of naproxen and ketorolac inhibit the small GTPases Rac1 and Cdc42...
- Clinical Evaluation of GI Safer Naproxen for the Treatment of OsteoarthritisUPENDRA K MARATHI; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>Naproxen has become the NSAID of choice for most mild/moderate chronic inflammatory indications, as it appears to have ..
- Near-Infrared VCD of Chiral PharmaceuticalsLaurence Nafie; Fiscal Year: 2004..norpseudoephedrine, N-methyl ephedrine and N-methyl pseudoephedrine, the analgesics ibuprofen and naproxen, and cyclosporins and selected protein pharmaceuticals...
- GI-Safer Naproxen Formulation R&D for the Treatment of Osteoarthritis and RelatedUpendra Marathi; Fiscal Year: 2009..b>Naproxen has become the NSAID of choice for most mild/moderate chronic inflammatory indications, including OA, as it ..
- Prevention of Alzheimer Dementia and Cognitive DeclineJohn C S Breitner; Fiscal Year: 2010..Anti-inflammatory Prevention Trial (ADAPT) was therefore designed to test whether the dual-inhibitor NSAID naproxen or the COX-2 selective agent celecoxib can reduce the incidence of AD dementia and mitigate age-related cognitive ..
- STRUCTURE AND MECHANISM OF PROSTAGLANDIN H2 SYNTHASEPATRICK LOLL; Fiscal Year: 2002..H2 and this process is inhibited by nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, and indomethacin...
- : A Phase Ib Biomarker Trial of Naproxen in Patients at Risk for DNA Mismatch Terisa Davis; Fiscal Year: 2013The proposed trial shall address whether Naproxen, a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agent in widespread clinical use primarily for the treatment of pain and inflammation, can safely and effectively be given in a once daily dose to ..
- BIODEGRADABLE DELIVERY SYSTEM FOR NSAIDSARTHUR TIPTON; Fiscal Year: 1990..Five NSAIDs will be individually evaluated in the release system: naproxen, diclofenac, piroxicam, sulindac and flurbiprofen...
- Use of Novel Cox-2 Inhibitors in Neurological DisordersSTANLEY BELL; Fiscal Year: 2006..Additionally, we demonstrated that systemic administration of naproxen, a non-selective COX inhibitor, partially but potently prevented the injury induced by direct intrahippocampal ..
- ARACHIDONIC ACID METABOLITES AND UTERINE CONTRACTIONSW Chan; Fiscal Year: 1991..The potential of OT antagonists as tocolytics for prevention of preterm labor will be studied and compared with naproxen sodium, a PG synthesis inhibitor with known tocolytic action...
- FINE TUNING BINOLS AND BINAPS FOR ASYMMETRIC SYNTHESISBruce Lipshutz; Fiscal Year: 2001..Their involvement in such targets as naproxen (anti-inflammatory), morphine (narcotic), and dextromethorphan (cough suppressant) only begin to touch upon their ..
- ENDOGENOUS ENALS IN NITROSAMINE CARCINOGENESISFung Lung Chung; Fiscal Year: 1992..The results of this study will establish whether endogenous enals are important in carcinogenesis...
- Pain Medication Use & Risk Factors for Opioid DependenceDaniel Solomon; Fiscal Year: 2004..Our goal is to use the results of the proposed research to inform a future intervention to improve opioid prescribing within this large pharmacy benefits program. ..
- A screen for small molecule inhibitors of soluble Abeta oligomer assemblyHarry LeVine; Fiscal Year: 2007..Anti-oligomer compounds could potentially block the cognitive impairment symptoms that oligomers elicit in animal models and interfere with the progression of Alzheimer's disease. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Osteoporosis in Women with Rheumatoid ArthritisDaniel Solomon; Fiscal Year: 2006..This epidemiologic data will inform future trials of osteoporosis treatments among patients with RA. As well, the study cohort will comprise one of the largest RA registries with an explicit plan to examine osteoporosis. ..
- Role of T Cells in Lung Disease in Systemic SclerosisMarc Hochberg; Fiscal Year: 2006..The new information that is gained will advance knowledge of T-cell dependent mechanisms of pulmonary fibrosis in scleroderma. ..
- Microbiology/Immunology of Periodontal Disease in T1DMPaul Moore; Fiscal Year: 2002..An integrated multidisciplinary effort provides significant data collection capabilities essential for understanding the complex multifactorial etiology of periodontal disease in Type 1 diabetes. ..
- Novel Imaging to Predict Cardiovascular Events in DiabetesZahi A Fayad; Fiscal Year: 2010..It is our expectation that our data will be utilized to evaluate and improve existent treatment and develop effective new therapies to decrease the burden of atherosclerotic disease in diabetes. ..
- ORAL HEALTH OF OLDER TYPE 1 DIABETIC PATIENTSPaul Moore; Fiscal Year: 2003..This overall plan will permit us to understand the etiology of these complications and to define specific subpopulations and risk factors appropriate for future prospective oral health prevention and intervention trials. ..
- STUDY OF OSTEOPOROTIC FRACTURESMarc Hochberg; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Why is Cardiac Risk Increased in Rheumatiod ArthritisDaniel Solomon; Fiscal Year: 2002..ability to control for known cardiovascular risk factors, the extensive medication information allowing for us to explore key hypotheses regarding corticosteroid exposure, and the attempt to simultaneously control for disease severity ..
- Randomized Controlled Testing of Osteoporosis EducationDaniel Solomon; Fiscal Year: 2006..A multi-disciplinary Training Advisory Board will review the applicants progress regularly to ensure that the proposed training goals are met. ..
- Assessment of Infant Outcomes After in Utero Exposure to Antiretroviral TherapySonia Hernandez diaz; Fiscal Year: 2010..We propose to evaluate the risk of congenital malformations and other adverse pregnancy outcomes following antenatal exposure to ART in a prospective cohort of pregnant women. ..
- NSAID Inhibition of Alzheimer Pathology: Role of DHAGregory M Cole; Fiscal Year: 2010..Understanding dietary fatty acid /Abeta-related PAK complex deficits and downstream synaptic defects will reveal a poorly studied overlap between cognitive deficits in mental retardation syndromes and AD with therapeutic implications. ..
- Effect of Drugs on Myocardial HypoxiaGarrett Gross; Fiscal Year: 2009..Information gained from these studies will hopefully lead to new therapies to treat patients with ischemic heart disease. ..
- PROBING DRUG RELATED MENTAL DISORDERS OF AGINGIra Katz; Fiscal Year: 2003..Study I will compare the effects of 5 weeks of metoclopramide (up to 40 mg/day), sertraline (up to 200 mg/day), naproxen (up to 1000 mg/day), and placebo. Study II will compare 14 weeks of simvastatin (up to 20 mg/day) with placebo...
- Osteolysis and Implant Wear: Biological, Biomedical Engineering, and Surgical PriStuart Goodman; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Prostaglandins & Oxidative Damage in ADAPT ParticipantsJohn Breitner; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will provide important insights into the mechanisms by which NSAIDs prevent AD. ..
- Mast Cells: Role in the Pathophysiology of HeadacheDan Levy; Fiscal Year: 2007..Results may help identify pharmacological targets that could lead to the development of novel analgesic drugs for the treatment of headaches and possibly other intractable pain syndromes. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Clinical Studies with Phospholipid-Associated NSAIDsLenard Lichtenberger; Fiscal Year: 2004..i.d.) with diclofenac-PC, except in this case we will add a third arm of the study in which the subjects are administered the COX- inhibitor, Celecoxib, at a dose (200 mg b.i.d.) having equivalent therapeutic efficacy to diclofenac. ..
- PREVENTION OF SUICIDE IN THE ELDERLYIra Katz; Fiscal Year: 2002..Data will also be collected to document the impact of intervention on patient care, and on physician knowledge, attitudes, and satisfaction and test hypotheses derived from preliminary studies of the three IRCs. ..
- PHOSPHOLIPIDS AND ULCER PROTECTIONLenard Lichtenberger; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- DIETARY SALT INTAKE AND THE METABOLIC EFFECTS OF INSULINRaymond Townsend; Fiscal Year: 2003..If increased salt intake improves insulin sensitivity this should prompt a re-evaluation of the benefits of recommending a lower sodium intake in normotensive people. ..
- Growth factor gene mediated cartilage repairLAURIE GOODRICH; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- SYNERGISM AND MEDICATIONS DEVELOPMENT FOR DRUG ABUSERonald Tallarida; Fiscal Year: 2004..This guide is the newest aim of this revised application. ..
- Randomized Trial of Rosiglitazone for Ulcerative ColitisJames Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2005..If our hypothesis is correct, this study will serve to establish that ligands for PPARg possess biological activity necessary to modulate the inflammatory response in the intact human colon. ..
- Nanomachinery of the Cytoskeleton (RMI)Samuel Stupp; Fiscal Year: 2004..The new Center will be housed at Northwestern's interdisciplinary Institute for Bioengineering and Nanoscience in Advanced Medicine. (IBNAM) ..
- Neurocognitive effects of subclinical thyroid diseaseMary Samuels; Fiscal Year: 2004..Based on these pilot studies, it is the long-term goal of the investigator to investigate specific cognitive effects of altered thyroid status in the adult human. ..
- Oxidative Modifications in AtherogenesisGarret FitzGerald; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Association of PPAR gamma ligands & colonic neoplasiaJames Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our results will allow us to translate the existing in vitro and in vivo observations to the intact human colon and could lead to further chemoprevention strategies. ..
- Cardiovascular Effects of lyengar YogaRaymond Townsend; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Infusion of Particles at Implant interfecesStuart Goodman; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- DEPRESSION AND MEDICAL CARE:AGING AND CLINICAL SETTINGIra Katz; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- THERAPY FOR GASTROINTESTINAL DISORDERSElizabeth Dial; Fiscal Year: 2002..Development of this therapeutic potential for rhLF will fulfill a crucial need for a way to safely administer NSAIDs. PROPOSED COMMERCIAL APPLICATION: NOT AVAILABLE ..