Genomes and Genes
Summary: A carbamate insecticide and parasiticide. It is a potent anticholinesterase agent belonging to the carbamate group of reversible cholinesterase inhibitors. It has a particularly low toxicity from dermal absorption and is used for control of head lice in some countries.
Publications245 found, 100 shown here
- Study of Serum Cholinesterase levels in fish Clarias batrachus (Linn.) exposed to pesticides carbaryl and phorateB Jyothi
Department of Zoology, Osmania University Campus, Hyderabad, India
J Environ Sci Eng 46:274-6. 2004..Hence it is imperative that suitable occupational health and preventive measures need to be undertaken...
- Heterologous expression and characterization of a sigma glutathione S-transferase involved in carbaryl detoxification from oriental migratory locust, Locusta migratoria manilensis (Meyen)Guohua Qin
Research Institute of Applied Biology, Shanxi University, Taiyuan, Shanxi 030006, China
J Insect Physiol 58:220-7. 2012..The nymph mortalities after carbaryl treatment increased 38.7% after LmGSTs3 were silenced...
- Assessment of absorbed doses of carbaryl and associated health risks in a group of horticultural greenhouse workersMichèle Bouchard
Departement de sante environnementale et sante au travail, Faculte de Medecine, Universite de Montreal, CP 6128, Succursale Centre Ville, Montreal, QC, Canada, H3C 3J7
Int Arch Occup Environ Health 81:355-70. 2008This study was undertaken to estimate the absorbed doses of carbaryl and the associated health risks in a group of horticultural greenhouse workers in the Province of Quebec, Canada, using a toxicokinetic modeling approach.
- Cholinergic and behavioral neurotoxicity of carbaryl and cadmium to larval rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss)S L Beauvais
Columbia Environmental Research Center, USGS/BRD, Columbia, Missouri 65201, USA
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 49:84-90. 2001..Neurotoxic effects of cadmium and carbaryl exposures were estimated in larval rainbow trout (RBT; Oncorhynchus mykiss) using changes in physiological ..
- Carbaryl, 1-naphthol and 2-naphthol inhibit the beta-1 thyroid hormone receptor-mediated transcription in vitroHong Sun
Key Laboratory of Reproductive Medicine, Institute of Toxicology, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, China
Toxicology 249:238-42. 2008..9% and inter CV of 11.7%. Carbaryl, 1-naphthol (1-NAP) and 2-naphthol (2-NAP) were tested for their agonist and antagonist activities...
- Biodegradation of carbaryl by a Micrococcus speciesH P Doddamani
Department of Biochemistry, Karnatak University, Dharwad-580 003, India
Curr Microbiol 43:69-73. 2001A bacterium capable of utilizing carbaryl as sole source of carbon was isolated from garden soil and identified as a Micrococcus species...
- Evidence of evolving carbaryl resistance in western corn rootworm (Coleoptera: Chrysomelidae) in areawide-managed cornfields in north central KansasK Y Zhu
Department of Entomology, Kansas State University, Manhattan 66506, USA
J Econ Entomol 94:929-34. 2001Susceptibility of adult populations of the western corn rootworm, Diabrotica virgifera virgifera LeConte, to carbaryl was determined by a survey in 1996 before the implementation of an areawide management program near Scandia in north ..
- Effects of chytrid and carbaryl exposure on survival, growth and skin peptide defenses in foothill yellow-legged frogsCarlos Davidson
Environmental Studies Program, San Francisco State University, 1600 Holloway Avenue, San Francisco CA 94132, USA
Environ Sci Technol 41:1771-6. 2007..metamorphosed foothill yellow-legged frogs (Rana boylii) to determine whether sublethal exposure to the pesticide carbaryl would increase susceptibility to the pathogenic chytrid fungus Batrachochytrium dendrobatidis that is widely ..
- Inhibition of neurite outgrowth in N2a cells by leptophos and carbaryl: effects on neurofilament heavy chain, GAP-43 and HSP-70M Sachana
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Toxicology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Aristotelian University of Thessaloniki, 546 06 Thessaloniki, Greece
Toxicol In Vitro 17:115-20. 2003The neurodegenerative properties of the organophosphate ester leptophos (LEP) and the carbamate ester carbaryl (CB), both of which can cause neuropathic effects in animals, were investigated in differentiating mouse N2a neuroblastoma ..
- Simulating toxicity of carbaryl to Gammarus pulex after sequential pulsed exposureRoman Ashauer
Environment Department, University of York, Heslington, York, YO10 5DD, United Kingdom
Environ Sci Technol 41:5528-34. 2007..model (TDM) to simulate survival of the aquatic invertebrate Gammarus pulex after sequential pulsed exposure to carbaryl and compare itto a simpler model based on time-weighted averages (TWA)...
- Spectroscopic studies on the interaction between carbaryl and calf thymus DNA with the use of ethidium bromide as a fluorescence probeGuowen Zhang
State Key Laboratory of Food Science and Technology, Nanchang University, Nanchang, China
J Photochem Photobiol B 108:53-61. 2012The interaction between carbaryl and calf thymus DNA (ctDNA) was investigated under simulated physiological conditions (Tris-HCl buffer of pH 7...
- Manifestation of carbaryl toxicity on soluble protein and histopathology in the hepatopancreas and gills of the prawn, Macrobrachium malcolmsoniiP Saravana Bhavan
Department of Zoology, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore 641 046, India
J Environ Biol 30:533-8. 2009..the hepatopancreas and gills of Macrobrachium malcolmsonii following exposure to Sevin, the commercial grade of carbaryl (1-Naphthylmethyl carbamate) pesticide. Juvenile prawns were exposed to sub-lethal concentrations 5...
- Time course of brain cholinesterase inhibition and recovery following acute and subacute azinphosmethyl, parathion and carbaryl exposure in the goldfish (Carassius auratus)Ana Ferrari
LIBIQUIMA Department of Chemistry, Universidad Nacional del Comahue, 8300 Neuquen, Buenos Aires 1400, Argentina
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 57:420-5. 2004..1mg/L caused more than 90% inhibition. The effect of carbaryl was less pronounced, achieving an 86% inhibition at concentrations corresponding to the 96-h LC50...
- Influence of irrigation methods and an adjuvant on the persistence of carbaryl on pakchoiMari Marutani
Agricultural Experiment Station, College of Natural and Applied Sciences, University of Guam, UOG Station, Mangilao GU 96923
J Environ Qual 35:1994-8. 2006Influence of irrigation methods and use of an adjuvant on the persistence of the carbaryl (1-naphthyl N-methylcarbamate) on pakchoi [Brassica rapa L. subsp. chinensis (Rupr...
- Determination of carbaryl in natural water samples by a surface plasmon resonance flow-through immunosensorE Mauriz
Microelectronics National Centre CNM CSIC, Isaac Newton, 8 28760 Tres Cantos, Madrid, Spain
Biosens Bioelectron 21:2129-36. 2006The analysis of carbaryl in natural water samples was accomplished using a portable immunosensor based on surface plasmon resonance (SPR) technology...
- Gas chromatographic-tandem mass spectrometric method for the quantitation of carbofuran, carbaryl and their main metabolites in applicators' urineSyrago Styliani E Petropoulou
Bioanalytical Laboratory, GAIA Research Center, The Goulandris Natural History Museum, 100 Othonos Str, 145 62 Kifissia, Greece
J Chromatogr A 1108:99-110. 2006..method has been developed and validated for the determination of two N-methylcarbamates, carbofuran and carbaryl and their metabolites in applicators' urine specimens...
- Expression and characterization of carboxylesterase E4 gene from peach-potato aphid (Myzus persicae) for degradation of carbaryl and malathionWen Sheng Lan
State Key Laboratory of Integrated Management of Pest Insects and Rodents, Institute of Zoology Chinese Academy of Sciences, 100080, Beijing, P R China
Biotechnol Lett 27:1141-6. 2005..coli BL21 (DE3). The recombinant CbE E4 hydrolyzed beta-naphthyl acetate and Carbaryl by 64% within 2.5 h, Malathion by 80% within 1.25 h...
- Combined effects of soil moisture and carbaryl to earthworms and plants: simulation of flood and drought scenariosMaria P R Lima
Department of Biology and CESAM, University of Aveiro, 3810 193 Aveiro, Portugal
Environ Pollut 159:1844-51. 2011..rapa and Triticum aestivum and the earthworm Eisenia andrei were exposed to different levels of soil moisture and carbaryl, as natural and chemical stressors, respectively...
- Metabolic profiles of serum from rats after subchronic exposure to chlorpyrifos and carbarylHui Ping Wang
Laboratory of Molecular Toxicology, State Key Laboratory of Integrated Management of Pest Insects and Rodents, Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Datunlu Road, Beijing 100101, People s Republic of China
Chem Res Toxicol 22:1026-33. 2009Chlorpyrifos (CPF) and carbaryl (CAR) have been widely used in agricultural and domestic settings...
- Sub-lethal impact of carbaryl on food utilization in the freshwater prawn Macrobrachium malcolmsoniiP Saravana Bhavan
Department of Zoology, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore 641 046, India
J Environ Biol 32:369-73. 2011This study determines the toxic effect of carbaryl (Sevin50% W.P) on the food utilization parameters in intermoult juveniles of the prawn, Macrobrachium malcolmsonii. The prawns (4.5-5.0 cm in length and 1.0-1.25 g wet wt...
- Bayesian calibration of a physiologically based pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic model of carbaryl cholinesterase inhibitionAndy Nong
The Hamner Institutes for Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
J Toxicol Environ Health A 71:1363-81. 2008b>Carbaryl, an N-methyl carbamate (NMC), is a common insecticide that reversibly inhibits neuronal cholinesterase activity...
- Carbaryl, a carbamate insecticide, is a ligand for the hepatic Ah (dioxin) receptorM S Denison
Department of Environmental Toxicology, University of California, Davis 95616 8588, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 152:406-14. 1998..It was recently reported (Ledirac et al., Toxicol. Appl. Pharmacol. 144, 177-182, 1997) that, although carbaryl, a carbamate insecticide, can induce AhR-dependent expression of CYP1A1, it was not an AhR ligand...
- Simultaneous enzymatic kinetic determination of pesticides, carbaryl and phoxim, with the aid of chemometricsYongnian Ni
Department of Chemistry, Nanchang University, Nanchang 330047, China
Anal Chim Acta 588:131-9. 2007A sensitive and selective enzymatic kinetic method for the simultaneous determination of mixtures of carbaryl and phoxim pesticides was researched and developed...
- Modeling combined effects of pulsed exposure to carbaryl and chlorpyrifos on Gammarus pulexRoman Ashauer
Environment Department, University of York, Heslington, York, YO10 5DD, United Kingdom
Environ Sci Technol 41:5535-41. 2007..that recovery of damage to Gammarus pulex from exposure to chlorpyrifos takes longer than that from exposure to carbaryl and consequently that the sequence of exposure matters...
- Widespread insecticide resistance in head lice to the over-the-counter pediculocides in England, and the emergence of carbaryl resistanceA M R Downs
Department of Dermatology, University of Bristol, Bristol, BS2 8HW, UK
Br J Dermatol 146:88-93. 2002..Treatment failure and tolerance to insecticides have been validated in a number of studies undertaken in several U.K. centres...
- Genotoxic effects on spermatozoa of carbaryl-exposed workersYankai Xia
The Key Laboratory of Reproductive Medicine of Jiangsu Province, Institute of Toxicology, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210029, China
Toxicol Sci 85:615-23. 2005b>Carbaryl, one of the most important insecticides, is widely produced and used...
- Effects of carbaryl on green frog (Rana clamitans) tadpoles: timing of exposure versus multiple exposuresMichelle D Boone
U S Geological Survey, Columbia Environmental Research Center, 4200 New Haven Road, Columbia, Missouri 65201, USA
Environ Toxicol Chem 22:2695-702. 2003..Tadpoles were exposed to carbaryl zero, one, two, or three times at 14-d intervals...
- A greener and highly sensitive flow-based procedure for carbaryl determination exploiting long pathlength spectrophotometry and photochemical waste degradationWanessa R Melchert
Instituto de Quimica, Universidade de Sao Paulo, 05513 970, PO Box 26077, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Talanta 81:327-33. 2010An environmentally friendly analytical procedure with high sensitivity for determination of carbaryl pesticide in natural waters was developed...
- The relationship of urinary metabolites of carbaryl/naphthalene and chlorpyrifos with human semen qualityJohn D Meeker
Department of Environmental Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Environ Health Perspect 112:1665-70. 2004Most of the general population is exposed to carbaryl and other contemporary-use insecticides at low levels...
- Gene expression of acetylcholinesterase in hybrid catfish (Clarias gariepinus X Clarias macrocephalus) exposed to chlorpyrifos and carbarylChawanrat Somnuek
Graduate School of Environmental Science, Faculty of Science, Burapha University, Chonburi, Thailand
J Environ Biol 30:83-8. 2009..43, 4.3 and 43 microM) and carbaryl (1.19, 11.9 and 119 microM) for 24 hr. Real-time PCR was used to compare with the amplified 28S rRNA gene...
- Direct electrochemical determination of carbaryl using a multi-walled carbon nanotube/cobalt phthalocyanine modified electrodeFernando C Moraes
Departamento de Quimica, Universidade Federal de Sao Carlos, Sao Carlos, SP, Brazil
Talanta 79:1406-11. 2009The electrochemical detection of carbaryl at low potentials, in order to avoid matrix interferences, is an important challenge...
- Photodecomposition of carbaryl in the presence of silver-doped zeolite Y and Suwannee River natural organic matterMarsha C Kanan
Department of Chemistry and Laboratory for Surface Science and Technology, University of Maine, Orono, Maine 04469, USA
Environ Sci Technol 37:2280-5. 2003The synthesis and characterization of a novel catalyst for the photodecomposition of carbaryl (1-naphthyl, N-methylcarbamate) is reported...
- An in vitro approach for demonstrating the critical role of serum albumin in the detoxication of the carbamate carbaryl at in vivo toxicologically relevant concentrationsMiguel A Sogorb
Unidad de Toxicología y Seguridad Química, Instituto de Bioingenieria, Universidad Miguel Hernandez de Elche, Avenida de la Universidad s n, 03202 Elche Alicante, Spain
Arch Toxicol 81:113-9. 2007The hydrolysis of carbaryl by bovine serum albumin (BSA) was studied at toxicologically relevant concentrations (range 15-300 microM) in order to determine the role of this protein in the detoxication of the carbamate in vivo...
- Diurnal variation in thermoregulatory response to chlorpyrifos and carbaryl in the ratC J Gordon
Neurotoxicology Division, National Health and Environmental Effects Research Laboratory, US Environmental Protection Agency, MD 74B, Research Triangle Park, NC, 27711, USA
Toxicology 169:93-105. 2001..To this end, we assessed time of exposure on the efficacy of the antiChE insecticides chlorpyrifos (CHP) and carbaryl (CAR) to alter T(c) in the rat. T(c) and motor activity (MA) were monitored by radiotelemetry...
- Predator-induced stress makes the pesticide carbaryl more deadly to gray treefrog tadpoles (Hyla versicolor)R A Relyea
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:2491-6. 2001..We found that if we used slightly longer exposure times (10-16 d), low concentrations of the pesticide carbaryl (3-4% of LC50(4-d)) killed 10-60% of gray treefrog (Hyla versicolor) tadpoles...
- [Simultaneous determination of propanil, carbaryl and 3,4-dichloroaniline in human serum by HPLC with UV detector following solid phase extraction]Yasushi Hori
Department of Hospital Pharmacy, Niigata City General Hospital, 2 6 1, Shichikuyama, Niigata 950 8739, Japan
Yakugaku Zasshi 122:247-51. 2002In case of poisoning by herbicide compounded with Propanil (DCPA) and Carbaryl (NAC), we attempted simultaneous solid-phase extractions of DCPA, NAC, and 3,4-dichloroaniline (DCA), a metabolite of DCPA, from the patient's serum, and ..
- Comparison of chlordimeform and carbaryl using a functional observational batteryV C Moser
Northrop Services, Inc, Environmental Sciences, Research Traingle Park, North Carolina 27709
Fundam Appl Toxicol 11:189-206. 1988The effects of the formamidine pesticide chlordimeform (CDM), and the carbamate carbaryl (CAR) were compared using a functional observational battery (FOB)...
- Carbaryl exposure and incident cancer in the Agricultural Health StudyRajeev Mahajan
Occupational and Environmental Epidemiology Branch, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Int J Cancer 121:1799-805. 2007b>Carbaryl is a carbamate insecticide with a broad spectrum of uses in agricultural, commercial and household settings. It has previously been linked with non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL) but studies of cancer risk in humans are limited...
- Aging reduces the bioavailability of even a weakly sorbed pesticide (carbaryl) in soilRiaz Ahmad
Department of Soil and Water, The University of Adelaide, Waite Campus, PMB 1, Glen Osmond, South Australia 5064, Australia
Environ Toxicol Chem 23:2084-9. 2004We investigated bioavailability and biodegradation of carbaryl (1-naphthyl methylcarbamate) in a soil with a long history of pesticide contamination from a storage facility located at Mamoon Kanjan, Pakistan...
- Environmental fate and toxicology of carbarylAmrith S Gunasekara
Department of Environmental Toxicology, College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, University of California, Davis, CA 95616 8588, USA
Rev Environ Contam Toxicol 196:95-121. 2008b>Carbaryl is an agricultural and garden insecticide that controls a broad spectrum of insects. Although moderately water soluble, it neither vaporizes nor volatilizes readily...
- Alachlor and carbaryl suppress lipopolysaccharide-induced iNOS expression by differentially inhibiting NF-kappaB activationMifumi Shimomura-Shimizu
Division of Microbiology, National Institute of Health Sciences, 1 18 1 Kamiyoga, Setagaya Ku, Tokyo 158 8501, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 332:793-9. 2005..We found that two agrochemicals, alachlor and carbaryl, inhibit lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced NO production by macrophages...
- Utility of urinary 1-naphthol and 2-naphthol levels to assess environmental carbaryl and naphthalene exposure in an epidemiology studyJohn D Meeker
Department of Environmental Health Sciences, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
J Expo Sci Environ Epidemiol 17:314-20. 2007..However, because 1N is a major urinary metabolite of both naphthalene and the insecticide carbaryl, exposure misclassification stemming from differences in exposure source was probable and interpretation of the ..
- Immunotoxicity of carbaryl in chickenB P Singh
Department of Pathology and Infectious Diseases, The Royal Veterinary College, Hawkshed lane, North Mymms, Hertfordshire, AL9 7TA, England
Indian J Exp Biol 45:890-5. 2007..Chicken of group I served as control, while group II birds were given carbaryl at 20 ppm (No observable effect level, NOEL) in feed for 3 months...
- Simultaneous determination of carbaryl, malathion, fenitrothion, and diazinon residues in sesame seeds (Sesamum indicum L.)Y T Gebreegzi
Sholla Plant Protection Laboratory, Department of Crop Production and Protection, Technology and Regulatory, Ministry of Agriculture, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
J Agric Food Chem 48:5165-8. 2000A method is described for the simultaneous determination of carbaryl (1-naphthyl methylcarbamate), malathion [diethyl (dimethoxythiophosphorylthio) succinate], fenitrothion (O,O-dimethyl O-4-nitro-m-tolyl phosphorothioate), and diazinon (..
- Development of enzyme linked immunoassay for the simultaneous detection of carbaryl and metolcarb in different agricultural productsJingwei Sun
Key Laboratory of Food Nutrition and Safety, Ministry of Education of China, Tianjin University of Science and Technology, Tianjin 300457, China
Anal Chim Acta 666:76-82. 2010..competitive enzyme linked immunosorbent assay in multi-enzyme tracers format for the simultaneous analysis of carbaryl and metolcarb in agricultural products is described in this study...
- Validation of an immunoassay method for the determination of traces of carbaryl in vegetable and fruit extracts by liquid chromatography with photodiode array and mass spectrometric detectionG S Nunes
Department of Technological Chemistry, , , Brazil
J Chromatogr A 823:109-20. 1998A competitive enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) method for carbaryl quantitation in crop extracts was validated by liquid chromatography (LC) with diode array detection (DAD)...
- A novel amperometric biosensor based on single walled carbon nanotubes with acetylcholine esterase for the detection of carbaryl pesticide in waterShaik Firdoz
Center of Nanotechnology, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee, India
Talanta 83:269-73. 2010Amperometric biosensor is fabricated for the detection of carbaryl based on single walled carbon nanotubes (SWCNTs) and acetylcholine esterase (AchE)...
- Effect of varying pesticide exposure duration and concentration on the toxicity of carbaryl to two field-collected stream invertebrates, Calineuria californica (Plecoptera: Perlidae) and Cinygma sp (Ephemeroptera: Heptageniidae)J L Peterson
Department of Environmental and Molecular Toxicology, Oregon State University, Corvallis 97331-2907, USA
Environ Toxicol Chem 20:2215-23. 2001The effect of exposure duration on the toxicity of a forest insecticide (carbaryl) was assessed under environmentally realistic exposure regimes against two stream invertebrates indigenous to the United States Pacific Northwest, ..
- Induction of cytochrome P450 1A1 gene expression, oxidative stress, and genotoxicity by carbaryl and thiabendazole in transfected human HepG2 and lymphoblastoid cellsC Delescluse
Laboratoire de Pharmaco toxicologie Cellulaire et Moléculaire, INRA, BP 2078, 06606, Antibes, France
Biochem Pharmacol 61:399-407. 2001b>Carbaryl and thiabendazole, two widely used pesticides, have been shown to induce cytochrome P450 1A1 (CYP1A1) expression, but neither compound is capable of displacing [3H] 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-P-dioxin from its aryl hydrocarbon ..
- Impairment of the regulation of gonadal function in Channa punctatus by metacid-50 and carbaryl under laboratory and field conditionsP Ghosh
Environmental Toxicology Laboratory, Visva Bharati University, Santiniketan, India
Biomed Environ Sci 3:106-12. 1990..hormone (GnRH) in Channa punctatus was significantly affected by nonlethal levels of Metacid-50 and Carbaryl. Under laboratory conditions, the time-dependent decrease in serum GtH level was higher in Carbaryl-treated fish ..
- Inhibition of rat platelet 5-hydroxytryptamine uptake by chlorpyrifos and carbarylM Sachana
Department of Biochemistry and Toxicology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Aristotle University, Thessaloniki, UK
Pharmacol Toxicol 89:195-200. 2001The organophosphate insecticide chlorpyrifos and the carbamate insecticide carbaryl were investigated in adult male rats in terms of their effects on the activity of brain monoamine oxidase-A (MAO-A) activity and on the platelet uptake of ..
- The action of carbaryl and its metabolite alpha-naphthol on mitosis in V79 Chinese hamster fibroblasts. Indications of the involvement of some cholinester in cell divisionC Söderpalm-Berndes
Division of Genetic and Cellular Toxicology, Wallenberg Laboratory, Stockholm, Sweden
Mutat Res 201:349-63. 1988b>Carbaryl (1-naphthyl-N-methylcarbamate) is a spindle-disturbing agent. A number of effects probably contribute to this activity...
- Persistence of selected organophosphate and carbamate insecticides in waters from a coastal watershedSvetlana Bondarenko
Department of Environmental Sciences, University of California, Riverside, California 92521, USA
Environ Toxicol Chem 23:2649-54. 2004..In this study we evaluated the persistence of diazinon, chlorpyrifos, malathion, and carbaryl in waters from various sites in the Newport Bay-San Diego Creek watershed in southern California (USA)...
- Inhibition of trans-permethrin hydrolysis in human liver fractions by chloropyrifos oxon and carbarylJonghoon Choi
Korea Institute of Toxicology, Yuseong, Taejeon, South Korea
Drug Metabol Drug Interact 20:233-46. 2004..This study examined the potential inhibitory effects of chlorpyrifos, carbaryl, pyridostigmine bromide and the insect repellent N,N-diethyl-m-toluamide (DEET) on tPMT hydrolysis in human liver ..
- Community and ecosystem responses to a pulsed pesticide disturbance in freshwater ecosystemsAmy L Downing
Department of Zoology, Ohio Wesleyan University, Delaware, OH 43015, USA
Ecotoxicology 17:539-48. 2008..three pesticide treatments consisting of pulses of a common pesticide Sevin with the active ingredient carbaryl, at concentrations of 0.1, 1 and 20 microg carbaryl/ml, and a pesticide-free control treatment...
- Genotoxicity of pesticide waste contaminated soil and its leachateS D Sivanesan
Environmental Biotechnology Division, lnstrumentation Division, National Environmental Engineering Research Institute, Nehru Marg, Nagpur 440 020, India
Biomed Environ Sci 17:257-65. 2004..The present study utilized mammalian cell culture for the genotoxicity assessment of waste and its leachate...
- Dislodgeable foliar residues are lognormally distributed for agricultural re-entry studiesStefan Korpalski
Uniroyal Chemical Company, Bethany, CT 06524, USA
J Expo Anal Environ Epidemiol 15:160-3. 2005..Two chemicals were used for this study. Carbaryl, a moderately water-soluble chemical, was applied to cabbage at a rate of 2...
- Effects of of habitats and pesticides on aerobic capacity and survival of soil faunaG Tripathi
Department of Zoology, J N Vyas University, Jodhpur 342 001, India
Biomed Environ Sci 18:169-75. 2005..Faunal health is largely dependent on their soil environment and available litter quality. So the effects of different soil habitats and pesticides on citrate synthase (CS) activity of soil fauna and its population were studied...
- Multiresidue determination of pesticides in malt beverages by capillary gas chromatography with mass spectrometry and selected ion monitoringJon W Wong
Alcohol and Tobacco Laboratory, National Laboratory Center, Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau formerly the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, Ammendale, Maryland 20705 1250, USA
J Agric Food Chem 52:6361-72. 2004..to the screening and analysis of malt beverages for pesticides, resulting in the detection of the insectide carbaryl and the fungicide dimethomorph in real samples...
- Impaired terrestrial and arboreal locomotor performance in the western fence lizard (Sceloporus occidentalis) after exposure to an AChE-inhibiting pesticideSarah E DuRant
Wildlife Ecotoxicology and Physiological Ecology Program, Department of Fisheries and Wildlife Sciences, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 444 Latham Hall, Blacksburg, VA 24061, USA
Environ Pollut 149:18-24. 2007..Lizards were exposed to carbaryl (2.5, 25, and 250 microg/g) and were raced before and 4, 24, and 96 h after dosing...
- Pralidoxime in carbaryl poisoning: an animal modelMaria Mercurio-Zappala
New York City Poison Control Center, New York, NY, USA
Hum Exp Toxicol 26:125-9. 2007..the use of oximes such as pralidoxime (2-PAM) in patients with carbamate poisoning in general, and more so with carbaryl poisoning specifically...
- Different susceptibility of two aquatic vertebrates (Oncorhynchus mykiss and Bufo arenarum) to azinphos methyl and carbarylAna Ferrari
LIBIQUIMA, Universidad Nacional del Comahue Buenos Aires 1400 8300 Neuquén, Argentina
Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol 139:239-43. 2004We studied the effect of two insecticides azinphos methyl and carbaryl on two resident aquatic species (Oncorhynchus mykiss and Bufo arenarum). Juvenile trout and larval stages of toad were used for exposure and recovery assays. O...
- Differential sensitivity of a predacious cladoceran (Leptodora) and its prey (the cladoceran Bosmina) to the insecticide carbaryl: results of acute toxicity testsM Sakamoto
Research and Education Center for Inlandwater Environment, Shinshu University, Kogandori 5 2 4, Suwa, 392 0027, Japan
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 75:28-33. 2005
- Effect of dislodging techniques on foliar residue determination for agricultural cropsE Bruce
Crompton Corporation, Bethany, Connecticut 06524, USA
Arch Environ Contam Toxicol 50:138-43. 2006..Four previously employed techniques were evaluated with two chemicals (carbaryl and methomyl) on two crops (cabbage and lettuce)...
- Thermoregulatory response to an organophosphate and carbamate insecticide mixture: testing the assumption of dose-additivityChristopher J Gordon
Neurotoxicology Division, National Health and Environmental Effects Research Laboratory, B105 04, U S Environmental Protection Agency, 109 S T W Alexander Drive, Research Triangle Park, NC 27711, USA
Toxicology 217:1-13. 2006..if there is an interaction between mixtures of the anticholinesterase insecticides chlorpyrifos (CHP) and carbaryl (CAR) using hypothermia and cholinesterase (ChE) inhibition as toxicological endpoints...
- Determination of carbamate insecticides in Chinese medicinal herbs by gas chromatography with a nitrogen-phosphorus detectorJialun Wu
Zhejiang University, Institute of Pesticide and Environmental Toxicology, Huajiachi Campus, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, People s Republic of China, 310029
J AOAC Int 88:1261-4. 2005..for determining carbamate insecticides (including metolcarb, isoprocarb, fenobucarb, carbofuran, pirimicarb, and carbaryl) in Chinese medicinal herbs (White Peony Alba, Red Peony Root, and Baical Skullcap Root) is described...
- Enzyme immunoassay for the determination of carbaryl residues in agricultural productsShuo Wang
Tianjin Key Laboratory of Food Nutrition and Safety, Faculty of Food Engineering and Biotechnology, Tianjin University of Science and Technology, China
Food Addit Contam 22:735-42. 2005b>Carbaryl is one of the most important N-methyl carbamate insecticides used all over the world...
- Circulating estradiol in men is inversely related to urinary metabolites of nonpersistent insecticidesJohn D Meeker
Department of Environmental Health Sciences, University of Michigan, School of Public Health, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, United States
Reprod Toxicol 25:184-91. 2008Estradiol plays an important role in male reproductive health as a germ cell survival factor. Chlorpyrifos and carbaryl, nonpersistent insecticides to which the general population are commonly exposed, were recently shown to inhibit ..
- Multiple sublethal chemicals negatively affect tadpoles of the green frog, Rana clamitansMichelle D Boone
U S Geological Survey Columbia Environmental Research Center, 4200 New Haven Road, Columbia, Missouri 65201, USA
Environ Toxicol Chem 24:1267-72. 2005..levels of ammonium nitrate fertilizer (0, 10, 20 mg/L and ammonium chloride control) and the common insecticide carbaryl (0 or 2...
- New evidences for old biomarkers: effects of several xenobiotics on EROD and AChE activities in Zebra mussel (Dreissena polymorpha)A Binelli
Department of Biology, University of Milan, Via Celoria 26, 20133 Milan, Italy
Chemosphere 62:510-9. 2006..Dreissena polymorpha) exposed to different pollutants (Arochlor 1260, CB 153 and 126, pp'DDT, chlorpyrifos, carbaryl) at laboratory conditions, in order to standardize the analytical procedures and to highlight eventual ..
- Monoclonal enzyme immunoassay for the analysis of carbaryl in fruits and vegetables without sample cleanupA Abad
, , Camino de Vera s/n, 46022 Valencia, Spain, and Laboratorio Agroalimentario de la Generalitat Valenciana, C/Pintor Goya 8, 46100 Burjassot (Valencia, Spain
J Agric Food Chem 49:1707-12. 2001The N-methylcarbamate pesticide carbaryl is one of the most important insecticides used worldwide...
- Temporal variability of urinary levels of nonpersistent insecticides in adult menJohn D Meeker
Department of Environmental Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA
J Expo Anal Environ Epidemiol 15:271-81. 2005..These 90 samples were analyzed for urinary metabolites of chlorpyrifos (3,5,6-trichloro-2-pyridinol (TCPY)) and carbaryl (1-naphthol (1N))...
- Quantitative analysis of hydrolysis of carbaryl in tap water and river by excitation-emission matrix fluorescence coupled with second-order calibrationShao Hua Zhu
State Key Laboratory of Chemo Biosensing and Chemometrics, College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Hunan University, Changsha 410082, China
Talanta 74:1579-85. 2008A novel method was proposed to determine simultaneously carbaryl and its degradation product 1-naphthol in river and tap water in this paper...
- Axial-skeletal defects caused by Carbaryl in Xenopus laevis embryosRenato Bacchetta
Dipartimento di Biologia, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Via Celoria 26, Milan, Italy
Sci Total Environ 392:110-8. 2008Embryotoxic effects of Carbaryl (CB), a widely used carbamate insecticide, was evaluated by modified Frog Embryo Teratogenesis Assay-Xenopus (FETAX), coupled with a histopathological screening of the survived larvae. X...
- Acetylcholinesterase activity in the earthworm Eisenia andrei at different conditions of carbaryl exposureNaimj Gambi
University of Bologna, Interdepartment Centre for Research in Environmental Sciences CIRSA, via S Alberto 163, 48100 Ravenna, Italy
Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol 145:678-85. 2007..We aimed at investigating acethylcholinesterase (AChE) activity in the earthworm Eisenia andrei after exposure to carbaryl or its commercial formulation Zoril 5 under different in vitro and in vivo experiments...
- Determination of atrazine and carbaryl pesticide residues in vegetable samples using a multianalyte dipstick immunoassay formatJ A Gabaldon
Centro Tecnológico, Nacional da la Conserva, Murcia, Spain
Food Addit Contam 20:707-15. 2003A dipstick assay for the simultaneous determination of atrazine and carbaryl in vegetable samples was developed. The analytical method involved a fast extraction procedure followed by a multi-strip membrane test...
- Differential sensitivity to anticholinesterase insecticides in the juvenile rat: effects on thermoregulationCina M Mack
Neurotoxicology Division, National Health and Environmental Effects Research Laboratory, U S Environmental Protection Agency, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27711, USA
J Toxicol Environ Health A 70:439-44. 2007..The PND 17 pups were then dosed by oral gavage with the OP chlorpyrifos (CHP) (1, 5, 10, or 15 mg/kg) or the CB carbaryl (CAR) (10, 20, 80, 120, or 160 mg/kg) or the corn oil vehicle...
- 14C-carbaryl residues in hazelnutUlkü Yücel
Turkish Atomic Energy Authority Sarayköy Nuclear Research and Training Center, Ankara, Turkey
J Environ Sci Health B 41:585-93. 2006A hazelnut ocak (shrub growing form) in the field in Black Sea region of Turkey was treated with commercial carbaryl insecticide spiked with 14C-carbaryl...
- Carbaryl-induced alterations in biochemical metabolism of the prawn, Macrobrachium malcolmsoniiP Saravana Bhavan
Department of Zoology, Government Arts College, Dharmapuri 636 705, India
J Environ Biol 23:157-62. 2002The present study was performed to investigate the toxic impact of carbaryl on biochemical metabolism in the hemolymph, brain, hepatopancreas, gills and muscle of intermoult juveniles of the economically important prawn, Macrobrachium ..
- Environmental monitoring of carbaryl applied in urban areas to control the glassy-winged sharpshooter in CaliforniaJohanna Walters
California Department of Pesticide Regulation, Sacramento, California, USA
Environ Monit Assess 82:265-80. 2003b>Carbaryl insecticide was applied by ground spray to plants in urban areas to control a serious insect pest the glassy-winged sharpshooter, Homalodisca coagulata (Say), newly introduced in California...
- Golfer exposure to chlorpyrifos and carbaryl following application to turfgrassRaymond A Putnam
Massachusetts Pesticide Analysis Laboratory, University of Massachusetts, Department of Veterinary and Animal Science, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Massachusetts 01003, USA
J Agric Food Chem 56:6616-22. 2008..Multipathway exposures were evaluated for golfers on turfgrass treated with chlorpyrifos and carbaryl. Air concentrations and transferable foliar residues (TFRs) were measured to assess potential respiratory and ..
- Effects of Sevin (carbaryl insecticide) on early life stages of zebrafish (Danio rerio)Nancy E Todd
Department of Biology, Manhattanville College, 2900 Purchase Street, Purchase, New York 10577, USA
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 53:267-72. 2002Sevin brand carbaryl insecticide is one of the most commonly used insecticides in the United States, with great potential for leaching into ground- and surface water reserves...
- [Analysis of carbaryl and other pesticides by capillary electrophoresis]Yu Ping Zhang
Graduate School, University of Science and Technology of China, Beijing 100039, China
Se Pu 20:341-4. 2002Five pesticides, i.e. carbaryl, simazine, atrazine, arnetryne and prometryn were separated by capillary electrophoresis technique...
- Imidacloprid residues in Willapa Bay (Washington State) water and sediment following application for control of burrowing shrimpAllan S Felsot
Washington State University, 2710 University Drive, Richland, Washington 99352, USA
J Agric Food Chem 50:4417-23. 2002..Upogebia sp.) that affect oyster production. Carbaryl, the only registered insecticide for control of burrowing shrimp, has not been extensively studied in the Willapa ..
- Toxic effects of dimethoate and carbaryl pesticides on protein metabolism of the freshwater snail Lymnaea acuminataP K Tripathi
Natural Products Laboratory, Department of Zoology, D D U Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur 273 009 U P, India
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 70:146-52. 2003
- In vitro metabolism of carbaryl by human cytochrome P450 and its inhibition by chlorpyrifosJun Tang
Department of Environmental and Molecular Toxicology, North Carolina State University, Box 7633, Raleigh, NC 27695, USA
Chem Biol Interact 141:229-41. 2002b>Carbaryl is a widely used anticholinesterase carbamate insecticide...
- Insecticide susceptibilities of cat fleas (Siphonaptera: Pulicidae) from several regions of the United StatesRobert L Bossard
Department of Entomology, Kansas State University, Manhattan 66506, USA
J Med Entomol 39:742-6. 2002..seven field-collected and four laboratory-colonized, were assayed for susceptibilities to five insecticides (carbaryl, chlorpyrifos, malathion, permethrin, and pyrethrin) with an insecticide-treated, horizontally-oriented, Nylon 6,..
- Hazards of insecticides to the bumble bees Bombus impatiens (Hymenoptera: Apidae) foraging on flowering white clover in turfJerome A Gels
Department of Entomology, University of Kentucky, Lexington 40546 0091, USA
J Econ Entomol 95:722-8. 2002..In another test, weedy turf was sprayed with chlorpyrifos, carbaryl, or cyfluthrin at labeled rates for surface-feeding pests...
- Tube-immunoassay for rapid detection of carbaryl residues in agricultural productsShuo Wang
Tianjin Key Laboratory of Food Nutrition and Safety, Faculty of Food Engineering and Biotechnology, Tianjin University of Science and Technology, Tianjin, P R China
J Environ Sci Health B 41:693-704. 2006..and qualitative tube enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (tube-ELISA) was developed and used to determine carbaryl (1-naphthyl methylcarbamate) residues in agricultural products (apple, Chinese cabbage, rice, and barley)...
- Evaluation of a cold-water hand-washing regimen in removing carbaryl residues from contaminated fabricsT A Phillips
Department of Entomology, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 71:6-10. 2003
- Removal of carbaryl, linuron, and permethrin by Lupinus angustifolius under hydroponic conditionsR M Garcinuño
Departamento de Quimica Analitica, Facultad de Ciencias Quimicas, Universidad Complutense de Madrid UCM, 28040 Madrid, Spain
J Agric Food Chem 54:5034-9. 2006..This paper reports the tolerance, uptake, and effects of the pesticides carbaryl, linuron, and permethrin on Lupinus angustifolius germination and growth as well as contaminant intraplant ..
- Urinary levels of insecticide metabolites and DNA damage in human spermJohn D Meeker
Department of Environmental Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Hum Reprod 19:2573-80. 2004Members of the general population are exposed to non-persistent insecticides at low levels. The present study explored whether environmental exposures to carbaryl and chlorpyrifos are associated with DNA damage in human sperm.
- Effect of nonionic surfactants on the oxidation of carbaryl by anodic Fenton treatmentLingjun Kong
Graduate Field of Environmental Toxicology, TXA, MVR Hall, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853 4401, USA
Water Res 41:2794-802. 2007..In this study, the effect of Triton X (TX) on the degradation kinetics and pathways of carbaryl undergoing AFT was investigated in an effort to facilitate its practical application...
- Dissipation of carbofuran and carbaryl on Oolong tea during tea bushes, manufacturing and roasting processesChia Chang Wu
Tea Research Extension Station, Nantou, Taiwan
J Environ Sci Health B 42:669-75. 2007Carbofuran (2,3-dihydro-2,2-dimethyl-7-benzofuranol-N-methylcarbamate) and carbaryl (1-naphthyl-N-methylcarbamate) are insecticides widely used in tea plantations...
- Toxicity of malathion and carbaryl pesticides: effects on some biochemical profiles of the freshwater fish Colisa fasciatusS K Singh
Natural Products Laboratory, Department of Zoology, D D U Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur 273 009, India
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 72:592-9. 2004
- Muscular and brain cholinesterase sensitivities to azinphos methyl and carbaryl in the juvenile rainbow trout Oncorhynchus mykissAna Ferrari
LIBIQUIMA, Universidad Nacional del Comahue, Buenos Aires 1400, 8300 Neuquen, Argentina
Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol 146:308-13. 2007The organophosphate azinphos methyl (AzMe) and the carbamate carbaryl are the insecticides mostly used in the irrigated valley of Río Negro and Neuquén, Patagonia, Argentina...
- The relative toxicities of insecticides to earthworms of the Pheretima group (Oligochaeta)Magdel A Mostert
Department of Zoology and Entomology, University of Pretoria, Pretoria, 0002, South Africa
Pest Manag Sci 58:446-50. 2002An artificial soil test was used to determine the LC50 values of carbaryl, chlorpyrifos, imidacloprid, cyfluthrin and fipronil against earthworms of the Pheretima group...
- Toxic effects of dimethoate and carbaryl pesticides on reproduction and related enzymes of the freshwater snail Lymnaea acuminataP K Tripathi
Natural Products Laboratory, Department of Zoology, D D U Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur 273 009 U P, India
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 71:535-42. 2003
- Influences of a laboratory diet and natural seston on the bioavailability of carbaryl, chlorpyrifos, and malathion to black fly larvae (Diptera: Simuliidae) in an acute toxicity testJ P Overmyer
Department of Entomology, University of Georgia, 413 Biological Sciences Building, Athens, Georgia 30602, USA
Arch Environ Contam Toxicol 45:209-15. 2003..Chlorpyrifos availability decreased, whereas carbaryl and malathion availability increased...
- Organophosphorus chemicals: potent inhibitors of the human metabolism of steroid hormones and xenobioticsErnest Hodgson
Department of Environmental and Molecular Toxicology, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North 27695, USA
Drug Metab Rev 38:149-62. 2006....
- Resistance-associated point mutations in insecticide-insensitive acetylcholinesteraseA Mutero
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Laboratoire de Biologie des Invertébrés, Antibes, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 91:5922-6. 1994..Our results suggest that recombination between resistant alleles preexisting in natural populations is a mechanism by which insects rapidly adapt to new selective pressures...
- Use of an Amphibian as an Alternative Model to Evaluate Effects of Contaminants oMichelle Boone; Fiscal Year: 2008..DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The overarching goal of this research is to evaluate how the insecticide carbaryl alters thyroid hormone action, which in turn can influence critical developmental processes...
- Maternal Phthalate Exposure and Infertility, Fetal LossRuss Hauser; Fiscal Year: 2007..Since occupational and environmental exposure to phthalates is widespread, detecting even small adverse effects will have large public health significance. ..
- Maternal Pesticide Exposure and Pregnancy OutcomesRuss Hauser; Fiscal Year: 2009..Since the etiology of infertility and early pregnancy loss remains largely unexplained, the identification of potential environmental risk factors will have large public health significance. ..
- Analysis and Effect of Persistent Ah Receptor ActivationMichael Denison; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Mass Spectrometry in Clinical Diagnosis of Nerve Agent ExposureOksana Lockridge; Fiscal Year: 2008..The new diagnostic methods have the potential for saving lives in an emergency because correct, rapid diagnosis indicates the appropriate medical treatment. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..