Genomes and Genes
Summary: A TETRACYCLINE analog isolated from the actinomycete STREPTOMYCES rimosus and used in a wide variety of clinical conditions.
Publications287 found, 100 shown here
- Changes in the prevalence of resistant Escherichia coil in cattle receiving subcutaneously injectable oxytetracycline in addition to in-feed chlortetracycline compared with cattle receiving only in-feed chlortetracyclineA M O'Connor
Can J Vet Res 66:145-50. 2002..to antibiotics in commensal Escherichia coli from cattle receiving either subcutaneously injectable oxytetracycline in addition to in-feed chlortetracycline or only in-feed chlortetracycline...
- Validation of a high-performance liquid chromatography method for the determination of oxytetracycline, tetracycline, chlortetracycline and doxycycline in bovine milk and muscleA L Cinquina
Istituto Zooprofilattico Sperimentale delle Regioni Lazio e Toscana, Via Appia Nuova 1411, 00178 Rome, Italy
J Chromatogr A 987:227-33. 2003..7-129.9 micro/kg for all compounds in milk and muscle, respectively. The detection capability (CCbeta) was in the range 117.2-131.3 microg/kg and 114.9-133.1 microg/kg for all compounds in milk and muscle, respectively...
- Determination and fate of oxytetracycline and related compounds in oxytetracycline production wastewater and the receiving riverDong Li
State Key Laboratory of Environmental Aquatic Chemistry, Research Center for Eco Environmental Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
Environ Toxicol Chem 27:80-6. 2008This study investigated the occurrence and fate of oxytetracycline (OTC) and its related substances, 4-epi-oxytetracycline (EOTC), alpha-apo-oxytetracycline (alpha-apo-OTC), and beta-apo-oxytetracycline (beta-apo-OTC), in a wastewater ..
- Antibiotic resistance characteristics of environmental bacteria from an oxytetracycline production wastewater treatment plant and the receiving riverDong Li
State Key Laboratory of Environmental Aquatic Chemistry, Research Center for Eco Environmental Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
Appl Environ Microbiol 76:3444-51. 2010We characterized the bacterial populations in surface water receiving effluent from an oxytetracycline (OTC) production plant...
- Engineered biosynthesis of a novel amidated polyketide, using the malonamyl-specific initiation module from the oxytetracycline polyketide synthaseWenjun Zhang
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, University of California Los Angeles, 5531 Boelter Hall, 420 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90095
Appl Environ Microbiol 72:2573-80. 2006..To this end, we have sequenced the gene cluster of oxytetracycline (oxy and otc genes) PKS genes from Streptomyces rimosus...
- A within farm clinical trial to compare two treatments (parenteral antibacterials and hoof trimming) for sheep lame with footrotG J Wassink
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Warwick, Gibbet Hill Rd, Coventry CV4 7AL, West Midlands, UK
Prev Vet Med 96:93-103. 2010..We conclude that prompt parenteral and topical antibacterial treatment of sheep lame with ID and FR reduced the prevalence and incidence of these infectious conditions and led to improved health, welfare and productivity...
- Indirect evidence of transposon-mediated selection of antibiotic resistance genes in aquatic systems at low-level oxytetracycline exposuresCharles W Knapp
Department of Civil, Environmental and Architectural Engineering, University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas 66045, USA
Environ Sci Technol 42:5348-53. 2008..To examine this issue, 15 mesocosms containing pristine surface water were treated with oxytetracycline (OTC) for 56 days at five levels (0, 5, 20, 50, and 250 microg L(-1)), and six tetracycline-resistance genes (..
- Genetics of Streptomyces rimosus, the oxytetracycline producerHrvoje Petkovic
Biotechnical Faculty, University of Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Microbiol Mol Biol Rev 70:704-28. 2006..Streptomyces rimosus is arguably the best-characterized industrial streptomycete as the producer of oxytetracycline and other tetracycline antibiotics...
- Uptake of oxytetracycline and its phytotoxicity to alfalfa (Medicago sativa L.)W D Kong
Research Center for Eco Environmental Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100085, China
Environ Pollut 147:187-93. 2007A series of experiments were conducted in a hydroponic system to investigate the uptake of oxytetracycline (OTC) and its toxicity to alfalfa (Medicago sativa L.)...
- Effects of European foulbrood treatment regime on oxytetracycline levels in honey extracted from treated honeybee (Apis mellifera) colonies and toxicity to broodHelen M Thompson
National Bee Unit, Central Science Laboratory, Sand Hutton, York, UK
Food Addit Contam 22:573-8. 2005This study aimed to assess oxytetracycline (OTC) residue levels in honey up to 12 weeks after treatment of honeybee colonies with two methods of application (in liquid sucrose and in powdered icing sugar)...
- A novel colorimetric aptasensor using gold nanoparticle for a highly sensitive and specific detection of oxytetracyclineYeon Seok Kim
College of Life Sciences and Biotechnology, Korea University, Anam Dong, Seongbuk gu, Seoul 136 701, South Korea
Biosens Bioelectron 26:1644-9. 2010..a novel colorimetric aptasensor using gold nanoparticles for highly sensitive and specific detection of oxytetracycline (OTC), one of the most common antibacterial agents...
- Randomized clinical trial of long-acting oxytetracycline, foot trimming, and flunixine meglumine on time to recovery in sheep with footrotJ Kaler
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Warwick, Coventry, UK
J Vet Intern Med 24:420-5. 2010..Internationally, foot trimming is used by most farmers, and parenteral antibacterials by some, to treat sheep with footrot. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID) are sometimes used. No clinical trials have compared these treatments...
- Occurrence of tetracycline resistance genes in aquaculture facilities with varying use of oxytetracyclineErin E Seyfried
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Wisconsin at Madison, 3204 Engineering Hall, 1415 Engineering Drive, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Microb Ecol 59:799-807. 2010..The purpose of this study was to determine if oxytetracycline (OTC) use in aquaculture facilities increased the detection frequency (i.e...
- Heterologous expression of the oxytetracycline biosynthetic pathway in Myxococcus xanthusD Cole Stevens
Department of Chemistry, Syracuse University, Syracuse, New York 132441, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 76:2681-3. 2010..However, a "universal" host is needed for this experiment. Herein, we show that Myxococcus xanthus is a potential "universal" host for heterologous expression of polyketide biosynthetic gene clusters...
- Antibiotics and Wolbachia in filarial nematodes: antifilarial activity of rifampicin, oxytetracycline and chloramphenicol against Onchocerca gutturosa, Onchocerca lienalis and Brugia pahangiS Townson
Tropical Parasitic Diseases Unit, Northwick Park Institute for Medical Research, Harrow, UK
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 94:801-16. 2000The activity against filarial parasites of the antibiotics rifampicin, oxytetracycline and chloramphenicol was examined...
- Effects of dietary soyabean meal, inulin and oxytetracycline on intestinal microbiota and epithelial cell stress, apoptosis and proliferation in the teleost Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.)Anne Marie Bakke-McKellep
Aquaculture Protein Centre, CoE, Norway
Br J Nutr 97:699-713. 2007..fishmeal (FM) as the sole protein source, responses to extracted SBM or the prebiotic inulin, with or without oxytetracycline (OTC) inclusion, were studied following a 3-week feeding trial...
- Sorption of ciprofloxacin and oxytetracycline zwitterions to soils and soil minerals: influence of compound structureAnthony J Carrasquillo
Department of Chemistry, Bowdoin College, Brunswick, Maine, USA
Environ Sci Technol 42:7634-42. 2008b>Oxytetracycline (OTC) zwitterions sorbed to a greater extent than ciprofloxacin (CIP) zwitterions onto goethite and soils with moderate-to-low effective cation exchange capacities (ECEC < 10 cmol(c)/kg) because adjacent pairs of ..
- Pharmacokinetics and residual behaviour in milk of oxytetracycline in cows following administration of uterine pessariesP Roncada
Department of Veterinary Public Health and Animal Pathology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
J Vet Pharmacol Ther 23:281-5. 2000..kinetics and residual depletion in milk of cows treated by the intrauterine route with pessaries containing oxytetracycline (OTC) were evaluated...
- Controlled release of oxytetracycline in sheepYichun Sun
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of Tennessee, Memphis, TN 38163, USA
J Control Release 85:125-34. 2002A novel biodegradable injectable formulation of oxytetracycline (OTC) was administered subcutaneously to sheep at a dose of 40 mg/kg. Blood samples were collected from the jugular vein at predetermined time intervals...
- The effect of two different oxytetracycline treatments in experimental Ehrlichia phagocytophila infected lambsS Stuen
Norwegian School of Veterinary Science, Department of Sheep and Goat Research, Sandnes, Norway
Acta Vet Scand 42:339-46. 2001The effect of 2 different oxytetracycline treatments in acute E. phagocytophila infected lambs was investigated. Twenty 5-month-old lambs of the Dala and Rygja breeds were used...
- Effects of oxytetracycline and amoxicillin on development and biomarkers activities of zebrafish (Danio rerio)Rhaul Oliveira
Department of Biology and CESAM, University of Aveiro Portugal, Campus Universitario de Santiago, Universidade de Aveiro, 3810 193 Aveiro, Portugal Electronic address
Environ Toxicol Pharmacol 36:903-12. 2013..This work aimed to assess the sub-lethal effects of oxytetracycline and amoxicillin on zebrafish development and biomarkers...
- Ozonation of oxytetracycline and toxicological assessment of its oxidation by-productsKuixiao Li
Research Center for Eco Environmental Sciences, State Key Laboratory of Environmental Aquatic Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100085, PR China
Chemosphere 72:473-8. 2008..In the present study the effect of ozonation on the degradation of oxytetracycline (OTC) aqueous solution (100mgl(-1)) at different pH values (3, 7 and 11) was investigated...
- Aqueous oxytetracycline degradation and the toxicity change of degradation compounds in photoirradiation processShaojun Jiao
State Key Laboratory of Pollution Control and Resource Reuse, School of the Environment, Nanjing University, Nanjing 210093, China
J Environ Sci (China) 20:806-13. 2008The extensive use of antibiotics has been a worldwide environmental issue. In this study the fate of oxytetracycline (OTC), under photoirradiation, was investigated...
- Incidence of mastitis in beef cows after intramuscular administration of oxytetracyclineM I Duenas
Department of Animal and Avian Sciences, University of Maryland, College Park 20742, USA
J Anim Sci 79:1996-2005. 2001..b>Oxytetracycline (LA-200) or vehicle was administered intramuscularly following collection of quarter milk samples at weaning ..
- Adsorption and desorption of oxytetracycline and carbamazepine by multiwalled carbon nanotubesPatryk Oleszczuk
Department of Plant, Soil and Insect Sciences, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Massachusetts 01003, USA
Environ Sci Technol 43:9167-73. 2009We investigated the adsorption-desorption by multiwalled carbon nanotubes (MWCNTs) of two pharmaceuticals, oxytetracycline (OTC) and carbamazepine (CBZ). The pharmaceuticals demonstrated relatively fast sorption kinetics on MWCNTs...
- In vitro development of resistance to enrofloxacin, erythromycin, tylosin, tiamulin and oxytetracycline in Mycoplasma gallisepticum, Mycoplasma iowae and Mycoplasma synoviaeA V Gautier-Bouchardon
Agence Francaise de Securite Sanitaire des Aliments, Laboratoire d Etudes et de Recherches Avicoles et Porcines, Unité de Mycoplasmologie Bactériologie, BP 53, 22440, Ploufragan, France
Vet Microbiol 88:47-58. 2002The in vitro emergence of resistance to enrofloxacin, erythromycin, tylosin, tiamulin, and oxytetracycline in three avian Mycoplasma species, Mycoplasma gallisepticum, Mycoplasma synoviae and Mycoplasma iowae was studied...
- Acute toxicity of oxytetracycline and florfenicol to the microalgae Tetraselmis chuii and to the crustacean Artemia parthenogeneticaCarla Sofia Gonçalves Ferreira
Universidade de Tras os Montes e Alto Douro, Centro de Ciência Animal e Veterinária CECAV, Quinta de Prados, 5000 911 Vila Real, Portugal
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 67:452-8. 2007..The antibacterials oxytetracycline (OTC) and florfenicol (FLO) have been widely used in aquaculture...
- Toxic interaction mechanism between oxytetracycline and bovine hemoglobinZhenxing Chi
School of Environmental Science and Engineering, Shandong University, China America CRC for Environment and Health, Jinan, Shandong Province 250100, PR China
J Hazard Mater 180:741-7. 2010b>Oxytetracycline (OTC) is a kind of widely used veterinary drugs. The residue of OTC in the environment is potentially harmful...
- Blood kinetics of sulfamonomethoxine and oxytetracycline following intrauterine spray injection in dairy cowsC Girardi
Dipartimento di Patologia Animale, Universita di Torino, Italia
Pharmacol Res 22:79-86. 1990..in six Friesan cows with a disposable spray preparation containing 3 g of sulfamonomethoxine and 3 g of oxytetracycline, in order to investigate their serum kinetics...
- Toxicity of the antimicrobial oxytetracycline to soil organisms in a multi-species-soil system (MS.3) and influence of manure co-additionSara Boleas
Laboratory for Ecotoxicology, Department of the Environment, Spanish National Institute for Agriculture and Food Research and Technology INIA, Madrid
J Hazard Mater 122:233-41. 2005The effects of oxytetracycline (OTC) on soil organisms have been studied using a multi-species-soil system (MS.3). Oxytetracycline concentrations of 0...
- Changes in the nitrogen removal performance and the properties of granular sludge in an Anammox system under oxytetracycline (OTC) stressGuang Feng Yang
Department of Environmental Sciences, Hangzhou Normal University, Hangzhou 310036, PR China
Bioresour Technol 129:65-71. 2013The short- and long-term effects of oxytetracycline (OTC) on the anaerobic ammonium oxidation (Anammox) process were evaluated. The OTC inhibition of Anammox was substrate-, and especially nitrite-, dependent...
- Phytoremediation potential of Myriophyllum aquaticum and Pistia stratiotes to modify antibiotic growth promoters, tetracycline, and oxytetracycline, in aqueous wastewater systemsNinad P Gujarathi
Department of Chemical Engineering, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado 80523, USA
Int J Phytoremediation 7:99-112. 2005..and Pistia stratiotes (water lettuce), were used for studying phytoremediation of tetracycline (TC) and oxytetracycline (OTC) from aqueous media. TC and OTC are two of the most commonly used tetracyclines in veterinary medicine...
- Improved oxytetracycline production in Streptomyces rimosus M4018 by metabolic engineering of the G6PDH gene in the pentose phosphate pathwayZhenyu Tang
State Key Laboratory of Bioreactor Engineering, P O Box 329, East China University of Science and Technology, 130 Meilong Rd, Shanghai 200237, PR China
Enzyme Microb Technol 49:17-24. 2011The aromatic polyketide antibiotic, oxytetracycline (OTC), is produced by Streptomyces rimosus as an important secondary metabolite...
- Potential drug (oxytetracycline and oxolinic acid) pollution from Mediterranean sparid fish farmsGeorge Rigos
Laboratory of Fish Nutrition and Pathology, National Centre for Marine Research, Aghios Kosmas 16610, Ellinikon, Attiki, Greece
Aquat Toxicol 69:281-8. 2004The potential for input of two common antibacterial agents in Mediterranean fish farms, oxytetracycline (OTC) and oxolinic acid (OA), was estimated from measurements of these drugs in the faecal excretions of two important farmed sparids,..
- [Binding of tylosin, tilmicosin and oxytetracycline to proteins from honeybees, larvae and beehive products]F J Reynaldi
CCT, CONICET, La Plata
Rev Argent Microbiol 42:279-83. 2010..present work was to determine, through a biological method, the protein binding of tylosin, tilmicosin and oxytetracycline to worker jelly; honey; pollen; adult bees and larvae in order to propose their kinetic routes...
- In vitro susceptibilities of field isolates of Mycoplasma agalactiae to oxytetracycline, tylosin, enrofloxacin, spiramycin and lincomycin-spectinomycinG R Loria
Institute Zooprofilattico, Sperimentale della Sicilia, Via Rocco Dicillo, 4 I 90129, Palermo, Sicily, Italy
Res Vet Sci 75:3-7. 2003..521; MIC(90)0.938 microg/ml) and spiramycin (MIC(50)1.583; MIC(90)2.850 microg/ml). MIC values above 1.000 microg/ml were obtained using tetracycline, tylosin and spiramycin for some M. agalactiae isolates...
- Pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic integration and modelling of oxytetracycline administered alone and in combination with carprofen in calvesC Brentnall
The Royal Veterinary College, Department of Veterinary Basic Sciences, Hawskhead Campus, Hatfield, Herts AL9 7TA, UK
Res Vet Sci 94:687-94. 2013The pharmacokinetic (PK) and pharmacodynamic (PD) profiles of oxytetracycline were investigated, when administered both alone and in the presence of carprofen, in healthy calves...
- The effects of pH and mixed solvent systems on the solubility of oxytetracyclineS Tongaree
Whitehall Robins Healthcare, Richmond, Virginia 23220, USA
Pharm Dev Technol 4:571-80. 1999The solubility of oxytetracycline (OTC) in aqueous and mixed solvent systems was studied...
- Abundance and distribution of tetracycline resistance genes and mobile elements in an oxytetracycline production wastewater treatment systemMiaomiao Liu
State Key Laboratory of Environmental Aquatic Chemistry, Research Center for Eco Environmental Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, P O Box 2871, Beijing 100085, China
Environ Sci Technol 46:7551-7. 2012We investigated the abundance and distribution of tetracycline resistance genes (tet genes) in an oxytetracycline (OTC) antibiotic production wastewater (APW) treatment system...
- Fabrication of an oxytetracycline molecular-imprinted sensor based on the competition reaction via a GOD-enzymatic amplifierJianping Li
College of Chemistry and Bioengineering, Guilin University of Technology, Jiangan Road, Guangxi, 541004, China
Biosens Bioelectron 26:2097-101. 2011A highly sensitive molecular-imprinted polymer sensor (MIP sensor) for ultratrace oxytetracycline (OTC) determination was prepared based on the competition reaction between template molecule OTC and glucose oxidase (GOD)-labeled OTC (GOD-..
- Man-tailored biomimetic sensor of molecularly imprinted materials for the potentiometric measurement of oxytetracyclineFelismina T C Moreira
REQUIMTE, Instituto Superior de Engenharia do Porto, R Dr Antonio Bernardino de Almeida, 431, 4200 072 Porto, Portugal
Biosens Bioelectron 26:566-74. 2010A novel biomimetic sensor for the potentiometric transduction of oxytetracycline is presented. The artificial host was imprinted in methacrylic acid and/or acrylamide based polymers...
- Assessing the in vitro effectiveness of antimicrobials against Mycoplasma mycoides subsp. mycoides small-colony type to reduce contagious bovine pleuropneumonia infectionR D Ayling
Veterinary Laboratories Agency Weybridge, Woodham Lane, Addlestone, Surrey KT15 3NB, United Kingdom
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 49:5162-5. 2005..Of the antimicrobials used most widely in Africa, oxytetracycline and tilmicosin were effective, while the isolates were resistant to tylosin...
- [Residues of tetracycline and quinolones in wild fish living around a salmon aquaculture center in Chile]Antonia Fortt Z
Oceana Oficina para la América del Sur y la Antártica, Santiago, Chile AFZ
Rev Chilena Infectol 24:14-8. 2007..More studies are needed in Chile to determine the relevance of these findings for human and animal health and the environment to regulate this use of antibiotics...
- Molecularly imprinted sensor based on an enzyme amplifier for ultratrace oxytetracycline determinationJianping Li
College of Chemistry and Bioengineering, Guilin University of Technology, Guangxi, 541004, China
Anal Chem 82:6074-8. 2010..for preparing highly sensitive, molecularly imprinted sensors based on enzyme amplifiers was proposed for oxytetracycline (OTC) determination...
- Effect of steroidal and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs in combination with long-acting oxytetracycline on non-specific immunity of calves suffering from enzootic bronchopneumoniaDariusz Bednarek
Department of Cattle and Sheep Diseases, National Veterinary Research Institute, Partyzantow 57, 24 100, Pulawy, Poland
Vet Microbiol 96:53-67. 2003The aim of this paper was to compare the effect of flumethasone and meloxicam in combination with oxytetracycline on clinical and immunological parameters of calves suffering from enzootic bronchopneumonia...
- Sorption of oxytetracycline to iron oxides and iron oxide-rich soilsRaquel A Figueroa
University of Connecticut, Environmental Engineering Program, 261 Glenbrook Road, U 2037, Storrs, Connecticut 06269 2037, USA
Environ Sci Technol 39:6664-71. 2005The sorption interactions of oxytetracycline with goethite, hematite, and two iron oxide-rich soils were investigated using batch sorption experiments...
- Comparison of side effects of oxytetracycline and talc pleurodesis: an experimental studyAlper Gozubuyuk
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Kirikkale University, School of Medicine, Kirikkale, Turkey
J Cardiothorac Surg 5:128. 2010..Talc is the most commonly used agent for the treatment, with rare, serious complications reported. Oxytetracycline pleurodesis in clinical practice has been described in a few studies, but literature reveals no experimental ..
- Influence of flumequine and oxytetracycline on the resistance of the European eel against the parasitic swimbladder nematode Anguillicola crassusM H van der Heijden
Department of Fish Culture and Fisheries, Wageningen Agricultural University, The Netherlands
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 52:127-34. 1996The effect of the antibacterial drugs flumequine (FQ) and oxytetracycline (OTC) on the defence system of the European eel (Anguilla anguilla L...
- Comparison of the antimicrobial tolerance of oxytetracycline-resistant heterotrophic bacteria isolated from hospital sewage and freshwater fishfarm water in BelgiumG Huys
Laboratory of Microbiology, University of Gent, Ghent, Belgium
Syst Appl Microbiol 24:122-30. 2001..to investigate the relationship between antimicrobial tolerance and taxonomic diversity among the culturable oxytetracycline-resistant (Ot(r)) heterotrophic bacterial population in two Belgian aquatic sites receiving wastewater either ..
- Photodegradation of oxytetracycline in aqueous by 5A and 13X loaded with TiO2 under UV irradiationChun Zhao
Key Laboratory of Yangtze River Water Environment, Ministry of Education, Tongji University, Shanghai 200092, PR China
J Hazard Mater 176:884-92. 2010The photocatalysis degradation, mineralization and detoxification of oxytetracycline (OTC) in aqueous were investigated by 5A and 13X zeolite with nano-TiO(2) loaded under UV light...
- Oxytetracycline attenuates allergic airway inflammation in mice via inhibition of the NF-κB pathwayXinxin Ci
Institute of Zoonoses, College of Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine, Jilin University, Changchun, Jilin 130062, People s Republic of China
J Clin Immunol 31:216-27. 2011b>Oxytetracycline has been used in the treatment of acute and chronic bronchial inflammation and infectious asthma. However, its potential use for non-infectious asthma has not yet been studied...
- Oxytetracycline biosynthesis improvement in Streptomyces rimosus following duplication of minimal PKS genesLan Yu
State Key Laboratory of Bioreactor Engineering, East China University of Science and Technology, Shanghai 200237, PR China
Enzyme Microb Technol 50:318-24. 2012b>Oxytetracycline (OTC) is a widely used antibiotic, which is commercially produced by Streptomyces rimosus. The type II minimal polyketide synthases (minimal PKS) genes of the oxytetracycline biosynthesis cluster in S...
- Degradation of tetracycline and oxytetracycline by crude lignin peroxidase prepared from Phanerochaete chrysosporium--a white rot fungusXianghua Wen
State Key Joint Laboratory of Environment Simulation and Pollution Control, Department of Environmental Science and Engineering, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, PR China
Chemosphere 75:1003-7. 2009..This study chose tetracycline (TC) and oxytetracycline (OTC) as examples of pharmaceuticals...
- The veterinary antibiotic oxytetracycline and Cu influence functional diversity of the soil microbial communityW D Kong
Research Center for Eco Environmental Sciences, Soil Environment of Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
Environ Pollut 143:129-37. 2006..The widely used veterinary antibiotic oxytetracycline (OTC), Cu and their combination on soil microbial community function were assessed with the Biolog method...
- The effect of pH and ionic strength on the sorption of sulfachloropyridazine, tylosin, and oxytetracycline to soilThomas L Ter Laak
IRAS Institute for Risk Assessment Sciences, Utrecht University, Yalelaan 2, P O Box 80176, 3508 TD Utrecht, The Netherlands
Environ Toxicol Chem 25:904-11. 2006..the soil sorption of three antimicrobial agents--sulfachloropyridazine (SCP), tylosin (TYL), and oxytetracycline (OTC)--was investigated. Their respective sorption coefficients in two agricultural soils ranged from 1...
- Insights into aquatic toxicities of the antibiotics oxytetracycline and ciprofloxacin in the presence of metal: complexation versus mixtureYu Zhang
Key Laboratory of Industrial Ecology and Environmental Engineering, Ministry of Education, School of Environmental Science and Technology, Dalian University of Technology, Dalian 116024, China
Environ Pollut 166:48-56. 2012..The complexation of two antibiotics, oxytetracycline and ciprofloxacin, with three heavy metals, copper, zinc, and cadmium, was verified by spectroscopic ..
- Oxytetracycline biosynthesisLauren B Pickens
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Biol Chem 285:27509-15. 2010b>Oxytetracycline (OTC) is a broad-spectrum antibiotic that acts by inhibiting protein synthesis in bacteria. It is an important member of the bacterial aromatic polyketide family, which is a structurally diverse class of natural products...
- Influence of naringenin on oxytetracycline mediated oxidative damage in rat liverLeelavinothan Pari
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, Annamalai University, Annamalainagar 608002, Tamilnadu, India
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 98:456-61. 2006..was carried out to evaluate the effect of naringenin on antioxidant and lipid peroxidation status in liver of oxytetracycline-intoxicated rats...
- In vitro synergistic effects of baicalin with oxytetracycline and tetracycline against Staphylococcus aureusPavel Novy
Department of Crop Sciences and Agroforestry, Institute of Tropics and Subtropics, Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, Kamycka 129, 16521 Prague 6 Suchdol, Czech Republic
J Antimicrob Chemother 66:1298-300. 2011In this study we examined the in vitro synergistic effect of baicalin, the flavone constituent of Scutellaria spp., in combinations with oxytetracycline and tetracycline on the growth of Staphylococcus aureus.
- Preliminary investigation on the environmental occurrence and effects of antibiotics used in aquaculture in ItalyGiorgia Mary Lalumera
Environment Research Group, Department of Structural and Functional Biology DBSF, University of Insubria, Via J H Dunant, 3 21100 Varese, Italy
Chemosphere 54:661-8. 2004..on the most pertinent and diffuse fish diseases and their related therapies, the presence of flumequine and oxytetracycline in sediments sampled from two trout farms and three sea-bass farms and in their surrounding environments was ..
- Molecular characterizations of chloramphenicol- and oxytetracycline-resistant bacteria and resistance genes in mariculture waters of ChinaHongyue Dang
Centre for Bioengineering and Biotechnology, China University of Petroleum East China, 66 Changjiang West Road, Qingdao 266555, China
Mar Pollut Bull 58:987-94. 2009..gene cat II, cat IV or floR could be detected in most of the multidrug-resistant isolates, and the oxytetracycline-resistance gene tet(B), tet(D), tet(E) or tet(M) could also be detected for most of the isolates...
- A clinical trial comparing parenteral oxytetracyline and enrofloxacin on time to recovery in sheep lame with acute or chronic footrot in Kashmir, IndiaJ Kaler
The School of Veterinary Medicine and Science, The University of Nottingham, Sutton Bonington Campus, Sutton Bonington, Leicestershire LE12 5RD, UK
BMC Vet Res 8:12. 2012..footrot were allocated to one of three treatments using stratified random sampling: long acting parenteral oxytetracycline, long acting parenteral enrofloxacin and topical application of potassium permanganate solution (a ..
- Distribution of oxytetracycline resistance plasmids between aeromonads in hospital and aquaculture environments: implication of Tn1721 in dissemination of the tetracycline resistance determinant tet AG Rhodes
Freshwater Biological Association, Far Sawrey, Ambleside, Cumbria LA22 OLP, United Kingdom
Appl Environ Microbiol 66:3883-90. 2000b>Oxytetracycline-resistant (OT(r)) mesophilic aeromonads were recovered from untreated hospital effluent (72 isolates) and from fish farm hatchery tanks (91 isolates) at sites within the English Lake District, Cumbria, England...
- Clinical and bacteriological aspects on the use of oxytetracycline and flunixin in primiparous cows with induced retained placenta and post-partal endometritisK Konigsson
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Centre for Reproductive Biology in Uppsala, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, SLU
Reprod Domest Anim 36:247-56. 2001..endometritis with the prostaglandin synthesis inhibitor, flunixin (F) either alone or combined with oxytetracycline (T). The study was conducted in two experiments, using 12 primiparous cows in each...
- New Mg2+-dependent oxytetracycline resistance determinant tet 34 in Vibrio isolates from marine fish intestinal contentsLisa Nonaka
Center for Marine Environmental Studies CMES, Ehime University, Matsuyama 790 8577, Japan
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:1550-2. 2002A new oxytetracycline (OTC) resistance (Otc(r)) determinant, Tet 34, was cloned from chromosomal DNA of Vibrio sp. no. 6 isolated from intestinal contents of cultured yellowtail (Seriola quinqueradiata)...
- Lettuce for human consumption collected in Costa Rica contains complex communities of culturable oxytetracycline- and gentamicin-resistant bacteriaCesar Rodriguez
Abteilung Mikrobiologie, Fachbereich Biologie chemie, Universitat Osnabruck, Barbarastrasse 11, D 49069 Osnabruck, Germany
Appl Environ Microbiol 72:5870-6. 2006..Farmers from nine sampling sites regularly apply commercial formulations containing gentamicin, oxytetracycline, streptomycin, or a combination of them without being able to indicate how often and how much of these ..
- Comparison of three oxytetracycline regimes for the treatment of persistent Anaplasma marginale infections in beef cattleJohann F Coetzee
Department of Veterinary Diagnostic and Production Animal Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
Vet Parasitol 127:61-73. 2005..This study tested the efficacy of three oxytetracycline treatment regimens to clear A. marginale from cattle that were persistently infected...
- ssDNA aptamers that selectively bind oxytetracyclineJaved H Niazi
College of Life Sciences and Biotechnology, Korea University, Anam Dong, Seongbuk gu, Seoul 136 701, South Korea
Bioorg Med Chem 16:1254-61. 2008Single stranded DNA aptamers that bind with high affinity and specificity to the oxytetracycline (OTC) were identified by selection from an oligonucleotide library of 10(15) molecules...
- Kinetics of Coxiella burnetii excretion in a commercial dairy sheep flock after treatment with oxytetracyclineIanire Astobiza
NEIKER Instituto Vasco de Investigación y Desarrollo Agrario, Department of Animal Health, Berreaga 1, 48160 Derio, Bizkaia, Spain
Vet J 184:172-5. 2010..In the following breeding cycle, 75% of the animals in the flock were double treated with oxytetracycline (OTC) at days +100 and +120 of gestation, while the remaining 25% of the animals were kept as untreated ..
- Clinical, histologic, and bacteriologic findings in dairy cows with digital dermatitis (footwarts) one month after topical treatment with lincomycin hydrochloride or oxytetracycline hydrochlorideSteven L Berry
Department of Animal Science, College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, University of California Davis, Davis, CA 95616, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 237:555-60. 2010To compare the effectiveness of lincomycin and oxytetracycline for treatment of digital dermatitis (DD) in dairy cows through gross visual examination, histologic evaluation, and bacteriologic evaluation.
- Disappearance of oxytetracycline resistance genes in aquatic systemsChristina A Engemann
Department of Civil, Environmental, and Architectural Engineering, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS, USA
FEMS Microbiol Lett 263:176-82. 2006..Treatments included simulated sunlight with 0, 25, and 250 microg L(-1) nominal oxytetracycline (OTC) levels, respectively, and 'dark' conditions...
- Interactions of oxytetracycline with a smectite clay: a spectroscopic study with molecular simulationsLudmilla Aristilde
Environmental Geochemistry Group, LGIT, University of Grenoble 1, CNRS, F 38041 Grenoble, France
Environ Sci Technol 44:7839-45. 2010..mechanisms of tetracycline antibiotics on smectite clays as a function of pH, we probed the interactions of oxytetracycline (OTC) with Na-montmorillonite (MONT) using X-ray diffraction (XRD), infrared (IR), and solid-state nuclear ..
- Noncovalent interaction of oxytetracycline with the enzyme trypsinZhenxing Chi
Shandong Key Laboratory of Water Pollution Control and Resource Reuse, School of Environmental Science and Engineering, Shandong University, China America CRC for Environment and Health, Shandong Province, 27 Shanda South Road, Jinan 250100, P R China
Biomacromolecules 11:2454-9. 2010b>Oxytetracycline (OTC) is a kind of widely used veterinary drugs. The residue of OTC in the environment (e.g., animal food, soils, surface, and groundwater) is potentially harmful...
- Efficacy of intramuscular treatment of beef cows with oxytetracycline to reduce mastitis and to increase calf growthC A Lents
Department of Animal Science, Oklahoma Agricultural Experiment Station, Stillwater 74078, USA
J Anim Sci 80:1405-12. 2002..multiparous Angus x Hereford cows were used to determine the efficacy of intramuscular treatment with oxytetracycline to reduce the incidence of mastitis-causing bacteria, decrease milk somatic cell counts (SCC), and increase ..
- Field assessment of oxytetracycline exposure to the freshwater macrophytes Egeria densa Planch. and Ceratophyllum demersum LM L Hanson
Department of Environment and Geography, University of Manitoba, 118 Isbister Building, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3T 2N2, Canada
Environ Pollut 141:434-42. 2006..densa and Ceratophyllum demersum were exposed to nominal concentrations of 0, 5, 20, 50, and 250 microg/L oxytetracycline (n=3), plus 20 microg/L oxytetracycline amended with additional nitrogen (N) and phosphorus (P)...
- Lack of lysosomal fusion with phagosomes containing Ehrlichia risticii in P388D1 cells: abrogation of inhibition with oxytetracyclineM Y Wells
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Ohio State University, Columbus 43210 1092
Infect Immun 56:3209-15. 1988..or cationized ferritin to document phagosome-lysosome (P-L) fusion in untreated cells and cells treated with oxytetracycline. Regardless of the marker used, P-L fusion was generally not observed in E...
- Solution structure and dynamics of oxytetracycline polyketide synthase acyl carrier protein from Streptomyces rimosusStuart C Findlow
School of Biological Sciences, University of Southampton, Bassett Crescent East, Southampton, SO16 7PX, United Kingdom
Biochemistry 42:8423-33. 2003..and dynamics of the ACP involved in the biosynthesis of the commonly prescribed polyketide antibiotic, oxytetracycline (otc)...
- P-glycoprotein-mediated transport of oxytetracycline in the Caco-2 cell modelJ Schrickx
Department of Veterinary Pharmacology, Pharmacy and Toxicology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Vet Pharmacol Ther 30:25-31. 2007..b>Oxytetracycline (OTC) has been used for decennia in veterinary medicine for its extensive spectrum of antimicrobial activity...
- Lack of resistance after re-exposure of cattle cured of Onchocerca ochengi infection with oxytetracyclineCharles K Nfon
Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine and Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
Am J Trop Med Hyg 76:67-72. 2007..Using Onchocerca ochengi in cattle, an analog of human onchocerciasis, we have previously shown that oxytetracycline is macrofilaricidal, and protective immunity exists naturally in a subset of animals termed putatively immune...
- Fate of oxytetracycline in streams receiving aquaculture discharges: model simulationsPeter E Rose
River Studies Center, University of Wisconsin, La Crosse, Wisconsin 54601, USA
Environ Toxicol Chem 24:40-50. 2005The potential aquatic fate of oxytetracycline (OTC) in streams receiving discharge from fish hatcheries was examined using the Water-Quality Analysis Simulation Program (WASP, Ver 6.1) model. The modeled 4...
- Effects of two simulated oxytetracycline dosing regimens on horizontal transfer of antimicrobial resistance plasmids in an in vitro pharmacodynamic modelBrian V Lubbers
Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS 66506, USA
Am J Vet Res 72:877-83. 2011To evaluate the impact of oxytetracycline exposure on horizontal transfer of an antimicrobial resistance plasmid.
- Incidence, distribution, and spread of tetracycline resistance determinants and integron-associated antibiotic resistance genes among motile aeromonads from a fish farming environmentA S Schmidt
Danish Veterinary Laboratory, DK 1790 Copenhagen V
Appl Environ Microbiol 67:5675-82. 2001..Environ. Microbiol. 66:4908-4915, 2000), the predominant resistance phenotype (37%) being a combined oxytetracycline (OTC) and sulphadiazine/trimethoprim resistance...
- Investigating the molecular interactions of oxytetracycline in clay and organic matter: insights on factors affecting its mobility in soilPankaj Kulshrestha
Departments of Chemistry and Geology, University at Buffalo, The State University of New York, Buffalo, New York 14260, USA
Environ Sci Technol 38:4097-105. 2004The interactions of oxytetracycline with model clay adsorbents were investigated as a function of suspension pH...
- Rapid pleurodesis in symptomatic malignant pleural effusionErkan Yildirim
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Ankara Numune Education and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 27:19-22. 2005..The objective of the study was to see whether a rapid method of pleurodesis was superior to the standard protocol in patients with symptomatic malignant pleural effusion...
- Alteration of pharmacokinetics of oxytetracycline following oral administration of Piper longum in hensM Singh
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, CSK Himachal Pradesh Agricultural University, Himachal Pradesh, India
J Vet Sci 6:197-200. 2005The pharmacokinetic profile of orally administered oxytetracycline (10 mg/kg body weight) was studied 7 days post oral treatment of Piper longum (15 mg equivalent/kg) in White Leghorn hens (2-2.8 kg)...
- The bryophyte Fontinalis antipyretica Hedw. bioaccumulates oxytetracycline, flumequine and oxolinic acid in the freshwater environmentRaphael Delepee
Ecole Nationale Veterinaire de Nantes, UMR INRA ENVN Chimiothérapie Aquacole et Environnement, B P 40706, 44307 Nantes Cedex 03, France
Sci Total Environ 322:243-53. 2004..Oxolinic acid (OA), flumequine (FLU) and oxytetracycline (OTC) are commonly used antibacterial agents...
- Growth performance and immune response of two commercial broiler strains fed diets containing Lactobacillus cultures and oxytetracycline under heat stress conditionsI Zulkifli
Department of Animal Science, Universiti Putra, Malaysia, Selangor
Br Poult Sci 41:593-7. 20001. Hubbard x Hubbard (HH) and Shaver x Shaver (SS) chicks given a dietary supplement of either 50 mg/kg oxytetracycline (OTC) or 1 g/kg Lactobacillus culture (LC) were exposed to 36 +/- 1 degrees C for 3 h daily from day (d) 21 to 42. 2...
- Comparison of the effectiveness of some pleural sclerosing agents used for control of effusions in malignant pleural mesothelioma: a review of 117 casesA Senyigit
Department of Chest Diseases, Faculty of Medicine, University of Dicle, Diyarbakir, Turkey
Respiration 67:623-9. 2000..We aimed to investigate the efficacy of oxytetracycline (OT), Corynebacterium parvum (CP), and nitrogen mustard (NM) in the management of pleural effusion associated ..
- Microbiological and chemical detection of incurred penicillin G, oxytetracycline, enrofloxacin and ciprofloxacin residues in bovine and porcine tissuesA L Myllyniemi
Department of Food Microbiology, National Veterinary and Food Research Institute, P O Box 368 Hämeentie 57, 00231 Helsinki, Finland anna liisa
Food Addit Contam 17:991-1000. 2000Incurred penicillin G, oxytetracycline, enrofloxacin and ciprofloxacin residues in bovine and porcine muscle and kidney samples were analysed by microbiological and chemical methods, the former using Bacillus subtilis BGA as a test ..
- Use of oxytetracycline and tylosin in intensive calf farming: evaluation of transfer to manure and soilMarco De Liguoro
Dipartimento di Sanita Pubblica, Patologia Comparata ed Igiene Veterinaria, Facolta di Medicina Veterinaria, Universita degli Studi di Padova, Agripolis, I 35020 PD, Legnaro, Italy
Chemosphere 52:203-12. 2003..Because of their biological effects, antibiotics are regarded as potential micropollutants. The levels of oxytetracycline and tylosin over time were followed in faeces, bedding and manure, and then in the soil of a manured field ..
- Determination of the distribution coefficient (log Kd) of oxytetracycline, tylosin A, olaquindox and metronidazole in manureMarie Louise Loke
Department of Analytical and Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Royal Danish School of Pharmacy, Copenhagen
Chemosphere 48:351-61. 2002..This corresponds with the negative log Kow values of these antibiotics. Tylosin (log Kow = 1.63) and oxytetracycline (log Kow = -1.12) sorp relatively strongly to the manure particles and have log Kd values between 1.5 and 2.0...
- Effects of prostaglandin E1, melatonin, and oxytetracycline on lipid peroxidation, antioxidant defense system, paraoxonase (PON1) activities, and homocysteine levels in an animal model of spinal cord injuryCahide Topsakal
Department of Neurosurgery, Firat University School of Medicine, Elazig, Turkey
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 28:1643-52. 2003Investigation of the effects of prostaglandin E1, melatonin, and oxytetracycline on lipid peroxidation, antioxidant and paraoxonase activities, and homocysteine levels in an experimental model of spinal cord injury.
- Effects of melatonin and oxytetracycline in autologous intraperitoneal ovary transplantation in ratsEkrem Sapmaz
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Firat University, Elazig Turkey
Neuro Endocrinol Lett 24:350-4. 2003To comparatively investigate the effects melatonin and oxytetracycline as antioxidants on autologous intraperitoneal ovary transplantation in rats.
- Specific detection of oxytetracycline using DNA aptamer-immobilized interdigitated array electrode chipYeon Seok Kim
School of Life Sciences and Biotechnology, Korea University, Anam Dong, Seongbuk gu, Seoul 136 701, Republic of Korea
Anal Chim Acta 634:250-4. 2009An electrochemical sensing system for oxytetracycline (OTC) detection was developed using ssDNA aptamer immobilized on gold interdigitated array (IDA) electrode chip...
- Influence of ileo-caecal cannulation and oxytetracycline on ileo-caecal and rectal coliform populations in pigsA Högberg
Department of Animal Nutrition and Management, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala, Sweden
Acta Vet Scand 42:435-40. 2001The effect of surgery (insertion of an ileo-caecal cannula) and a subsequent parenteral treatment with oxytetracycline on the ileo-caecal and rectal coliform populations in 7 Swedish Yorkshire castrates were studied...
- Eosinophils contribute to killing of adult Onchocerca ochengi within onchocercomata following elimination of WolbachiaCharles K Nfon
Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine and Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Liverpool, Pembroke Place, Liverpool L3 5QA, UK
Microbes Infect 8:2698-705. 2006..ochengi, we previously demonstrated that combined intensive and intermittent (COM) oxytetracycline treatment induces a sustained depletion of Wolbachia and is macrofilaricidal, whereas a short intensive ..
- Diversity of tetracycline resistance genes in bacteria from aquaculture sources in AustraliaO L Akinbowale
Sansom Institute, School of Pharmaceutical and Medical Sciences, University of South Australia, Adelaide, SA, Australia
J Appl Microbiol 103:2016-25. 2007To determine the genetic determinants responsible for tetracycline resistance in oxytetracycline resistant bacteria from aquaculture sources in Australia.
- Persistence of oxytetracycline residues in milk after the intrauterine treatment of lactating cows for endometritisX Tan
Department of Veterinary Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, People s Republic of China
Vet Rec 161:585-6. 2007..collected at one day intervals after the last dose from 31 cows that had received an intrauterine infusion of oxytetracycline once daily between one and five times...
- A field study of the effects of a monovalent Leptospira borgpetersenii serovar Hardjo strain hardjobovis vaccine administered with oxytetracycline on reproductive performance in beef cattleRamanathan Kasimanickam
Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences, Virginia Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA 24061, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 231:1709-14. 2007To determine whether vaccination with a monovalent Leptospira borgpetersenii serovar Hardjo strain hardjobovis vaccine coupled with parenteral long-acting oxytetracycline treatment would improve the reproductive performance of beef cows.
- Putative quantitative trait loci associated with the probability of contracting infectious bovine keratoconjunctivitisE Casas
US Meat Animal Research Center, USDA, ARS, Clay Center, NE 68933 0166, USA
J Anim Sci 84:3180-4. 2006..Although a candidate gene was identified for one of the regions of interest, further studies are needed to identify the genetic basis of resistance to the disease...
- Long-term effects of meloxicam in the treatment of respiratory disease in fattening cattleG M Friton
Corporate Marketing, Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health, D 55216 Ingelheim am Rhein, Germany
Vet Rec 156:809-11. 2005..Two hundred animals with clinical signs of brd received a single subcutaneous injection of 20 mg/kg oxytetracycline; 100 of them also received a subcutaneous injection of 0...
- Enhancement of antimicrobics by electrical currentRobin Patel; Fiscal Year: 2007..vitro experiments have shown that electric current can enhance the activity of aminoglycosides, quinolones or oxytetracycline against bacteria in biofilms; this has been termed the 'bioelectric effect...
- HEMOGLOBIN EXPRESSION TO ENHANCE ANTIBIOTIC PRODUCTIONDallas Hughes; Fiscal Year: 1992..hemoglobin will be expressed in a strain of Streptomyces rimosus which produces the commercial antibiotic oxytetracycline (OTC)...
- HYPERTROPHIC CHONDROCYTE AND ITS PERICELLULAR MATRIXNORMAN WILSMAN; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- THE PRIMARY CILIUM OF CONECTIVE TISSUE CELLS: INCIDENCE AND ORIENTATIONCornelia Farnum; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- IN VIVO IMAGING OF GROWTH PLATE DYNAMICSCornelia Farnum; Fiscal Year: 2009..Detailed functional knowledge of vascular routes to the growth plate, and movement of molecules within the growth plate, is essential as thought is given to targeting therapeutic agents to the growth plate. ..
- Analysis of CD81-PGRL complex on T cellsSTEPHEN CHAPES; Fiscal Year: 2007..The coordinated effect of CD81, PGRL and EP3 on T cell integrin activity measured by adhesion to or motility on ICAMs. ..
- GROWTH PLATE CELLULAR FUNCTION FOLLOWING RADIOTHERAPYTimothy Damron; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..