Genomes and Genes
Summary: Closely congeneric derivatives of the polycyclic naphthacenecarboxamide. (Gilman et al., Goodman and Gilman's The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, 8th ed, p1117)
Publications244 found, 100 shown here
- Tetracyclines and the treatment of corneal stromal ulceration: a reviewR A Ralph
Wilmer Eye Institute, Johns Hopkins University, Rockville, Maryland, USA
Cornea 19:274-7. 2000To demonstrate the potential value of tetracyclines in the treatment of corneal ulceration after moderate to severe ocular chemical injuries.
- Tetracycline antibiotics: mode of action, applications, molecular biology, and epidemiology of bacterial resistanceI Chopra
Antimicrobial Research Centre and Division of Microbiology, School of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT, United Kingdom
Microbiol Mol Biol Rev 65:232-60 ; second page, table of contents. 2001b>Tetracyclines were discovered in the 1940s and exhibited activity against a wide range of microorganisms including gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria, chlamydiae, mycoplasmas, rickettsiae, and protozoan parasites...
- Serum MMP-8, -9 and TIMP-1 in sepsis: high serum levels of MMP-8 and TIMP-1 are associated with fatal outcome in a multicentre, prospective cohort study. Hypothetical impact of tetracyclinesAnneli Lauhio
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Pharmacol Res 64:590-4. 2011..clinical studies examining the ability of MMP-inhibitors (such as the non-antimicrobial properties of tetracyclines) to diminish the MMP-mediated inflammatory response are needed to develop novel therapies in order to improve ..
- Two mutations in the tetracycline repressor change the inducer anhydrotetracycline to a corepressorAnnette Kamionka
Lehstuhl für Mikrobiologie, Biochemie und Genetik, Friedrich Alexander Universitat Erlangen Nurnberg, Staudtstrasse 5, D 91058 Erlangen, Germany
Nucleic Acids Res 32:842-7. 2004..Therefore, atc does not act as a dimerization agent for revTetR. We discuss the structural differences between TetR and revTetR potentially underlying this reversal of activity...
- Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of the tetracyclines including glycylcyclinesKenneth N Agwuh
Department of Medical Microbiology, Old Medical School, Leeds General Infirmary Great George Street, Leeds LS1 2EX, UK
J Antimicrob Chemother 58:256-65. 2006The pharmacokinetics of tetracyclines and glycylcyclines are described in three groups...
- Simultaneous determination of sulfonamides, tetracyclines and tiamulin in swine wastewater by solid-phase extraction and liquid chromatography-mass spectrometryWeiwei Ben
Research Center for Eco Environmental Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 18 Shuang Qing Road, Hai Dian District, Beijing 100085, China
J Chromatogr A 1202:173-80. 2008..determination of three classes of commonly used veterinary antibiotics including five sulfonamides, three tetracyclines and one macrolide in swine wastewater using solid-phase extraction (SPE) and liquid chromatography-mass ..
- Single-stranded DNA aptamers specific for antibiotics tetracyclinesJaved H Niazi
College of Life Sciences and Biotechnology, Korea University, Anam Dong, Seongbuk gu, Seoul 136 701, Republic of Korea
Bioorg Med Chem 16:7245-53. 2008b>Tetracyclines (TCs) are a group of antibiotics comprising of a common tetracycline (TET) nucleus with variable X(1) and X(2) positions on 5 and 6 carbon atoms, such as oxytetracycline (OTC) and doxycycline (DOX)...
- Inhibition of matrix metalloproteinase-mediated periodontal bone loss in rats: a comparison of 6 chemically modified tetracyclinesNungavarum S Ramamurthy
State University of New York at Stony Brook, Department of Oral Biology and Pathology, School of Dental Medicine, 11794 8702, USA
J Periodontol 73:726-34. 2002Chemically modified tetracyclines (CMTs), devoid of antimicrobial activity, inhibit pathologically elevated collagenase activity both in vivo and in vitro...
- Development of matrix metalloproteinase inhibitors in cancer therapyM Hidalgo
Institute for Drug Development, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 78229, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 93:178-93. 2001..Several members of this class of compounds are undergoing evaluation in phase III clinical trials. The tetracyclines and, particularly, the nonantibiotic chemically modified tetracyclines, interfere with several aspects of MMP ..
- A tetracycline-binding RNA aptamerC Berens
Institute of Microbiology and Genetics, Vienna Biocenter Dr. Bohrgasse 9/4, A-1030, Vienna, Austria
Bioorg Med Chem 9:2549-56. 2001..Cb28 binds only to typical tetracyclines, while atypical tetracyclines are not recognised...
- Chemically modified tetracyclines as inhibitors of matrix metalloproteinasesMilin R Acharya
Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA, USA
Drug Resist Updat 7:195-208. 2004..b>Tetracyclines and chemically modified tetracyclines (CMTs) have been rationally designed to inhibit the activity of MMPs and ..
- Tetracyclines: a pleitropic family of compounds with promising therapeutic properties. Review of the literatureMichael O Griffin
1Transitional Year Residency Program, Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare St Joseph, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 299:C539-48. 2010..b>Tetracyclines were developed as a result of the screening of soil samples for antibiotic organisms...
- Non-antibacterial tetracyclines modulate mediators of periodontitis and atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease: a mechanistic link between local and systemic inflammationYing Gu
Department of General Dentistry, School of Dental Medicine, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794, United States
Pharmacol Res 64:573-9. 2011..Non-antimicrobial tetracyclines are known to have inhibitory effects on inflammatory mediators and effector molecules, including cytokines and ..
- Tetracyclines and chemically modified tetracycline-3 (CMT-3) modulate cytokine secretion by lipopolysaccharide-stimulated whole bloodJulia Cazalis
Groupe de Recherche en Ecologie Buccale, Faculte de Medecine Dentaire, Universite Laval, Quebec City, Quebec, G1K 7P4, Canada
Inflammation 32:130-7. 2009In addition to their bacteriostatic effect, tetracyclines, which are often used in the treatment of periodontitis, also present anti-inflammatory properties...
- Effect of medium type, age and aeration on the MICs of tigecycline and classical tetracyclinesR Hope
Antibiotic Resistance Monitoring Reference Laboratory, Centre for Infections, Heath Protection Agency, 61 Colindale Avenue, London NW9 5HT, UK
J Antimicrob Chemother 56:1042-6. 2005..We therefore studied the effect of medium type and age on the tigecycline MICs found in broth and on agar by the Clinical Laboratory Standards Institute and British Society for Applied Chemotherapy methods...
- Tetracyclines and tetracycline resistance in agricultural soils: microcosm and field studiesHeike Schmitt
Institute for Risk Assessment Sciences IRAS, Utrecht University, PO Box 80176, 3508 TD, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Microb Ecol 51:267-76. 2006....
- Docosahexaenoic acid and tetracyclines as promising neuroprotective compounds with poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase inhibitory activities for oxidative/genotoxic stress treatmentMagdalena Cieslik
Medical Research Center, Polish Academy of Sciences, Department of Cellular Signaling, Pawinskiego 5 Str, 02 106 Warsaw, Poland
Neurochem Int 62:626-36. 2013..docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), major dietary ω-3 long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids as well as the action of tetracyclines, the novel suppressors of PARP-1, were examined...
- Tetracycline resistance in Ureaplasma spp. and Mycoplasma hominis: prevalence in Bordeaux, France, from 1999 to 2002 and description of two tet(M)-positive isolates of M. hominis susceptible to tetracyclinesS Degrange
Laboratoire de Bactériologie EA 3671, Mycoplasma and chlamydiae infections in humans, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 52:742-4. 2008..For M. hominis, we also found an increase in tetracycline resistance and two tet(M)-positive isolates that were susceptible to tetracyclines.
- Using tetracyclines to treat osteoporotic/osteopenic bone loss: from the basic science laboratory to the clinicJeffrey B Payne
Department of Surgical Specialties, University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Dentistry, 40th and Holdrege, Lincoln, NE 68583, USA
Pharmacol Res 63:121-9. 2011..b>Tetracyclines, by virtue of their non-antimicrobial pro-anabolic and anti-catabolic properties, are excellent candidate ..
- Matrix metalloproteinase inhibitor properties of tetracyclines: therapeutic potential in cardiovascular diseasesMichele M Castro
Department of Pharmacology, Cardiovascular Research Centre, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Pharmacol Res 64:551-60. 2011..b>Tetracyclines, especially doxycycline, have been frequently used as important MMP inhibitors since they inhibit MMP activity ..
- Use of macrolides and tetracyclines for chronic inflammatory diseasesStacy A Voils
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Lexington, KY, USA
Ann Pharmacother 39:86-94. 2005To review the efficacy of macrolides and tetracyclines in several chronic inflammatory conditions.
- Collagenase-2 (MMP-8) as a point-of-care biomarker in periodontitis and cardiovascular diseases. Therapeutic response to non-antimicrobial properties of tetracyclinesTimo Sorsa
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Diseases, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Institute of Dentistry, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Pharmacol Res 63:108-13. 2011..Research in periodontology and cardiology has identified a need for the development of innovative point-of-care diagnostic tests for MMP-8. We summarize and review the recent studies on these topics...
- Technical note: Occurrence in fecal microbiota of genes conferring resistance to both macrolide-lincosamide-streptogramin B and tetracyclines concomitant with feeding of beef cattle with tylosinJ Chen
Department of Animal Sciences, The Ohio State University, Columbus 43210, USA
J Anim Sci 86:2385-91. 2008..The abundance of genes conferring resistance to MLS(B) (erm genes) and tetracyclines (tet genes) were quantified using class-specific, real-time PCR assays...
- In-vitro activities of tetracyclines, macrolides, fluoroquinolones and clindamycin against Mycoplasma hominis and Ureaplasma ssp. isolated in Germany over 20 yearsR Krausse
Institute for Infection Medicine, University Medical Center Schleswig Holstein, Christian Albrecht University of Kiel, Germany
Clin Microbiol Infect 16:1649-55. 2010..hominis isolates (approximately 10-13%) than ureaplasmas (approximately 1-3%) were resistant to tetracyclines. Ofloxacin was effective against both species (>95% susceptibility)...
- Synthesis of haptens and development of a sensitive immunoassay for tetracycline residues. Application to honey samplesNuria Pastor-Navarro
Departamento de Quimica, Universidad Politecnica de Valencia, Camino de Vera s n, 46071 Valencia, Spain
Anal Chim Acta 594:211-8. 2007A new synthesis way of haptens for tetracyclines (tetracycline, chlortetracycline and oxytetracycline) based on the formation of their carboxamido and diazo derivatives that maintain the tetracyclic nucleus and possess an aromatic or ..
- A convergent enantioselective route to structurally diverse 6-deoxytetracycline antibioticsMark G Charest
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Science 308:395-8. 2005..Five derivatives were synthesized from benzoic acid in yields ranging from 5 to 7% over 14 to 15 steps, and a sixth, (-)-doxycycline, was synthesized in 8.3% yield over 18 steps...
- Tight control of transcription in Toxoplasma gondii using an alternative tet repressorNicole F J van Poppel
Department of Parasitology R and D, Intervet International BV, P O Box 31, 5830 AA Boxmeer, The Netherlands
Int J Parasitol 36:443-52. 2006..Our results show that YFP-TetR is superior to TetR for transcriptional regulation in T. gondii and we expect that its improved characteristics will be exploitable in other parasites or higher eukaryotes...
- Tetracyclines: drugs with huge therapeutic potentialF Bahrami
University of New South Wales Department of Surgery, St George Hospital, Sydney, Australia
Mini Rev Med Chem 12:44-52. 2012b>Tetracyclines are an amazing class of chemical agents with multiple therapeutic potential...
- Toxicity of tetracyclines and tetracycline degradation products to environmentally relevant bacteria, including selected tetracycline-resistant bacteriaB Halling-Sørensen
Section of Environmental Chemistry, Dept of Analytical and Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Royal Danish School of Pharmacy, Universitetsparken 2, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Arch Environ Contam Toxicol 42:263-71. 2002b>Tetracyclines used in veterinary therapy invariably will find their way as parent compound and degradation products to the agricultural field...
- Sulfonamides and tetracyclines in livestock wastewaterHyunook Kim
Department of Energy and Environmental System Engineering, The University of Seoul, Seoul 130 743, South Korea
Chemosphere 91:888-94. 2013Antibiotics (sulfonamides and tetracyclines) have attractive increasing attention due to their persistence for a long time, which lead to concern of widespread antibiotic resistant bacteria and resistance genes in the aquatic environment...
- Disposable amperometric magneto-immunosensor for direct detection of tetracyclines antibiotics residues in milkFelipe Conzuelo
Departamento de Quimica Analitica, Facultad de CC Quimicas, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Anal Chim Acta 737:29-36. 2012..ProtG-MBs) and screen-printed carbon electrodes (SPCEs), for the specific detection and quantification of tetracyclines (TCs) residues in milk is reported...
- High-throughput screening identifies two classes of antibiotics as radioprotectors: tetracyclines and fluoroquinolonesKwanghee Kim
Department of Radiation Oncology, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095 1714, USA
Clin Cancer Res 15:7238-45. 2009..The purpose of this study was to identify novel radioprotectors and mitigators of the hematopoietic system...
- In vitro and in vivo antimalarial efficacies of optimized tetracyclinesMichael P Draper
Paratek Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 57:3131-6. 2013..to the development of new antimalarial drugs is to improve upon existing antimalarial agents, such as the tetracyclines. Tetracyclines exhibit potent, albeit relatively slow, action against malaria parasites, and doxycycline is ..
- Effects of a mixture of tetracyclines to Lemna gibba and Myriophyllum sibiricum evaluated in aquatic microcosmsRichard A Brain
Centre for Toxicology, Department of Environmental Biology, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada N1G 2W1
Environ Pollut 138:425-42. 2005..gibba) and submerged (M. sibiricum) species of macrophytes. A hazard quotient assessment of the lowest EC10 value indicated significant risk, exceeding the critical HQ value, but not the lowest EC25 value...
- Differential binding of tetracyclines with serum albumin and induced structural alterations in drug-bound proteinMateen A Khan
Interdisciplinary Biotechnology Unit, AMU, Aligarh, India
Int J Biol Macromol 30:243-9. 2002..However, excessive binding at higher TC concentrations in combination with Cu (II) induces conformational change in protein structure, which may exert detrimental effect on cellular protein...
- A role for the anti-inflammatory properties of tetracyclines in the prevention of acute lung injuryG F Nieman
CollaGenex Pharmaceutical, 41 University Drive, Newtown, PA 18940, USA
Curr Med Chem 8:317-25. 2001..b>Tetracyclines, in addition to their anti-microbial properties, exhibit inhibitory activity toward several initiators of the ..
- In vitro inhibition of aggrecanase activity by tetracyclines and proteoglycan loss from osteoarthritic human articular cartilageJurgen Steinmeyer
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University Hospital Giessen and Marburg GmbH, Giessen, Germany
J Orthop Res 28:828-33. 2010b>Tetracyclines were reported to slow down the progression of cartilage damage both in an animal model of osteoarthritis (OA) and in humans...
- Simultaneous determination of tetracyclines and their degradation products in environmental waters by liquid chromatography-electrospray tandem mass spectrometryAi Jia
College of Urban and Environmental Sciences, Peking University, Beijing, China
J Chromatogr A 1216:4655-62. 2009A sensitive method was developed for the trace determination of six tetracyclines and ten of their degradation products in influent, effluent, and river waters using liquid chromatography-electrospray tandem mass spectrometry detection, ..
- Tetracyclines specifically target the apicoplast of the malaria parasite Plasmodium falciparumErica L Dahl
Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, CA 94143 0811, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 50:3124-31. 2006b>Tetracyclines are effective but slow-acting antimalarial drugs whose mechanism of action remains uncertain...
- A phase II and pharmacological study of the matrix metalloproteinase inhibitor (MMPI) COL-3 in patients with advanced soft tissue sarcomasQuincy S C Chu
Cross Cancer Institute, 11560 University Avenue, Edmonton, AB T6G 1Z2, Canada
Invest New Drugs 25:359-67. 2007..The median values for TTP and survival were 109 and 279 days, respectively. Based on these results, further studies of COL-3 on this administration schedule in patients with STS are not warranted...
- Randomized phase II trial of matrix metalloproteinase inhibitor COL-3 in AIDS-related Kaposi's sarcoma: an AIDS Malignancy Consortium StudyBruce J Dezube
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:1389-94. 2006..The aim of this trial was to extend these initial observations...
- The non-antibiotic properties of tetracyclines: clinical potential in ophthalmic diseaseThomas J Federici
State University of New York, Department of Ophthalmology, Health Science Center, Level 2, Room 152, Stony Brook, NY 11794, USA
Pharmacol Res 64:614-23. 2011Beyond their decades of long use as broad-spectrum antibiotics, tetracyclines and their derivatives have been shown to exhibit non-antimicrobial properties including their ability to interact with matrix metalloproteinases (MMP), tissue ..
- The lactococcal secondary multidrug transporter LmrP confers resistance to lincosamides, macrolides, streptogramins and tetracyclinesM Putman
Department of Microbiology, Groningen Biomolecular Sciences and Biotechnology Institute, University of Groningen, Kerklaan 30, 9751 NN Haren, The Netherlands
Microbiology 147:2873-80. 2001..These findings demonstrate that the increased antibiotic resistance in LmrP-expressing cells is a result of the active extrusion of antibiotics from the cell...
- Jack of all trades: pleiotropy and the application of chemically modified tetracycline-3 in sepsis and the acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS)Shreyas K Roy
Department of Surgery, Upstate University Hospital, 750 East Adams Street, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
Pharmacol Res 64:580-9. 2011....
- Development of a single-plasmid-based regulatable gene expression system for Borrelia burgdorferiChristine R Whetstine
Department of Microbiology, University of Kansas Medical Center, Mail Stop 3019, 3025 Wahl Hall West, 3901 Rainbow Boulevard, Kansas City, KS 66160 7420, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 75:6553-8. 2009..Since target protein, operator, and repressor are carried by a single plasmid, the system's application is independent of a particular strain background...
- Sorption of three tetracyclines by several soils: assessing the role of pH and cation exchangeStephen A Sassman
Department of Agronomy, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907, USA
Environ Sci Technol 39:7452-9. 2005b>Tetracyclines (TCs) are widely used in veterinary medicine for treatment and prevention of disease and are present in animal waste products...
- Tetracyclines in dermatologyNikolai Tsankov
Department of Dermatology and Venereology, Sofia University of Medicine, Bulgaria
Clin Dermatol 21:33-9. 2003
- Structural and functional responses of plankton to a mixture of four tetracyclines in aquatic microcosmsChristian J Wilson
Centre for Toxicology and Department of Environmental Biology, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, N1G 2W1 Canada
Environ Sci Technol 38:6430-9. 2004..Zooplankton were generally unaffected by the tetracyclines. Responses also included decreased water clarity, lower oxygen concentration, and water temperature...
- The history of the tetracyclinesMark L Nelson
Paratek Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1241:17-32. 2011The history of the tetracyclines involves the collective contributions of thousands of dedicated researchers, scientists, clinicians, and business executives over the course of more than 60 years...
- Biodistribution of radiolabeled [(3)H] CMT-3 in ratsJ Chen
Department of Oral Biology and Pathology, School of Dental Medicine, SUNY Stony Brook, NY 11794-8702, USA
Curr Med Chem 8:253-6. 2001..72%); and the brain retained 0.21% of the label. The radioactive CMT-3 in the visceral organs is as follows: GI tract - its contents (8.9%); heart (0.41%), testis (0.41%); lungs >(0.16%); spleen (0.08%); liver (0.03%); kidneys > (0.02%)...
- Efficacy of treatment with tetracyclines to prevent acneiform eruption secondary to cetuximab therapyTamara Micantonio
Arch Dermatol 141:1173-4. 2005
- Longer-duration uses of tetracyclines and penicillins in U.S. food-producing animals: Indications and microbiologic effectsJeremy J Mathers
Alpharma, LLC, Chicago Heights, IL 60411 USA
Environ Int 37:991-1004. 2011We review and analyze regulatory categories for longer duration of use (defined as ≥ 7 day) tetracyclines (TCs) and penicillins (PNs) approved for U.S...
- Metalloproteinase inhibitors, nonantimicrobial chemically modified tetracyclines, and ilomastat block Bacillus anthracis lethal factor activity in viable cellsSalih S Kocer
Program in Cellular and Molecular Biology, Department of Pathology, BST 9 Room 148, State University of NY at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY 11794 8691, USA
Infect Immun 73:7548-57. 2005..These results offer promise for strategies to combat effects of the lethal toxin of B. anthracis...
- Effect of tetracyclines on IgE allergic responses and asthmaRauno Joks
Department of Medicine, Center for Allergy and Asthma Research at SUNY, Brooklyn, New York 11203, USA
Recent Pat Inflamm Allergy Drug Discov 5:221-8. 2011There are no current therapies that specifically target IgE production in human allergic disease. We found that tetracyclines and chemically modified tetracyclines (CMT) that lack antibiotic activity prevent IgE production, making them ..
- Dose-response effect of tetracyclines on cerebral matrix metalloproteinase-9 after vascular endothelial growth factor hyperstimulationChanhung Z Lee
Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care, University of California, San Francisco, 94110, USA
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 26:1157-64. 2006..potential relevant signaling pathway in vitro to elucidate the mechanisms underlying the MMP-9 inhibition by tetracyclines. In vitro, minocycline, but not doxycycline, inhibits MMP-9, at least in part, via the extracellular signaling-..
- In vitro post-antibiotic effect of fluoroquinolones, macrolides, beta-lactams, tetracyclines, vancomycin, clindamycin, linezolid, chloramphenicol, quinupristin/dalfopristin and rifampicin on Bacillus anthracisA Athamna
The Triangle Research and Development Center, Kfar Qaraa, Israel
J Antimicrob Chemother 53:609-15. 2004..The aim of this study was to investigate in vitro the post-antibiotic effect (PAE) of 19 antibacterial agents against two strains of Bacillus anthracis (ST-1 and Sterne strains)...
- The lipophilicity, pharmacokinetics, and cellular uptake of different chemically-modified tetracyclines (CMTs)Y Liu
Department of Oral Biology and Pathology, School of Dental Medicine, State University of New York, at Stony Brook, New York, NY 11794, USA
Curr Med Chem 8:243-52. 2001CMTs are analogs of tetracyclines, which are chemically modified to eliminate their antimicrobial efficacy but which retain their inhibitory activity against matrix metalloproteinases...
- Effects of tetracyclines on the production of matrix metalloproteinases and plasminogen activators as well as of their natural inhibitors, tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-1 and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1T Sadowski
Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Bonn, Germany
Inflamm Res 50:175-82. 2001..metalloproteinase-1 (TIMP-1), plasminogen activators (PA), and PA inhibitor-1, which are all involved in the ultimate regulation of MMP activity could provide new insight into how tetracyclines achieve their cartilage preserving effects.
- In vitro sensitivity of the three mammalian collagenases to tetracycline inhibition: relationship to bone and cartilage degradationR A Greenwald
Department of Medicine Rheumatology, Long Island Jewish Medical Center, New Hyde Park, NY 11040
Bone 22:33-8. 1998....
- Solid phase extraction coupled to liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry analysis of sulfonamides, tetracyclines, analgesics and hormones in surface water and wastewater in LuxembourgJ Y Pailler
Department of Environment and Agro Biotechnologies, Centre de Recherche Public Gabriel Lippmann, 41 rue du Brill, L 4422 Belvaux, Luxembourg
Sci Total Environ 407:4736-43. 2009..investigation focuses on the analysis of four classes of veterinary and human pharmaceuticals (sulfonamides, tetracyclines, analgesics and hormones) in surface water and wastewater in Luxembourg...
- Matrix metalloproteinase inhibition with tetracyclines for the treatment of coronary artery diseaseTravis J Bench
Department of Medicine Cardiovascular Medicine, Stony Brook University, Health Sciences Center T 16 080, Stony Brook, NY 11794 8171, USA
Pharmacol Res 64:561-6. 2011..b>Tetracyclines inhibit MMPs through their ability to chelate zinc...
- Simultaneous multiresidue determination of tetracyclines and fluoroquinolones in catfish muscle using high performance liquid chromatography with fluorescence detectionMarilyn J Schneider
U S Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Eastern Regional Research Center, 600 E Mermaid Lane, Wyndmoor, PA 19038, USA
Anal Chim Acta 586:269-74. 2007..An efficient multiresidue method for the simultaneous determination of fluoroquinolones (FQs) and tetracyclines (TCs) in catfish muscle has now been developed...
- Down-regulation of trypsinogen-2 expression by chemically modified tetracyclines: association with reduced cancer cell migrationA Lukkonen
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Int J Cancer 86:577-81. 2000..Doxycycline (DOXY) and chemically modified tetracyclines (CMTs), previously known as inhibitors of the matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-dependent proteinase cascade, ..
- The efficacy of tetracyclines in peripheral and intracerebral prion infectionAda De Luigi
Department of Molecular Biochemistry and Pharmacology, Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Milano, Italy
PLoS ONE 3:e1888. 2008We have previously shown that tetracyclines interact with and reverse the protease resistance of pathological prion protein extracted from scrapie-infected animals and patients with all forms of Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease, lowering the ..
- Chemically modified tetracyclines inhibit inducible nitric oxide synthase expression and nitric oxide production in cultured rat mesangial cellsH Trachtman
Department of Pediatrics, Schneider Children s Hospital, New Hyde Park, NY 11040 1432, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 229:243-8. 1996b>Tetracyclines inhibit matrix metalloproteinases (MMP) and attenuate connective tissue degradation in a wide variety of human and animal disorders...
- Chromatographic analysis of tetracycline antibiotics in foodsH Oka
Aichi Prefectural Institute of Public Health, Nagoya, Japan
J Chromatogr A 882:109-33. 2000..This review involves the following techniques: thin layer chromatography, capillary electrophoresis, high-performance liquid chromatography, and sample preparation including extraction and clean up procedures...
- Direct screening of tetracyclines in water and bovine milk using room temperature phosphorescence detectionJ M Traviesa-Alvarez
Department of Physical and Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Chemistry, University of Oviedo, Oviedo, Spain
Anal Chim Acta 589:51-8. 2007..2 and 11.6 nM for detection of tetracyclines in water samples (at a cut-off level of 4 nM) and in the range between 165 and 238 nM for detection of ..
- Chemically modified non-antimicrobial tetracyclines are multifunctional drugs against advanced cancersBal L Lokeshwar
Department of Urology and Radiation Oncology, Campus Box M 800, Leonard Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, PO Box 016960, Miami, FL 33101, United States
Pharmacol Res 63:146-50. 2011..The potent MMP inhibitory activities of tetracyclines, especially their chemically modified analogs, combined with their relatively well tolerated pharmacological ..
- Application of a luminescent bacterial biosensor for the detection of tetracyclines in routine analysis of poultry muscle samplesM G Pikkemaat
RIKILT Institute of Food Safety, Wageningen University and Research Centre, NL 6700 AE Wageningen, The Netherlands
Food Addit Contam Part A Chem Anal Control Expo Risk Assess 27:1112-7. 2010b>Tetracyclines are extensively used in veterinary medicine. For the detection of tetracycline residues in animal products, a broad array of methods is available...
- Rapid detection of tetracyclines and their 4-epimer derivatives from poultry meat with bioluminescent biosensor bacteriaNina E Virolainen
Department of Chemistry and Bioengineering, Tampere University of Technology, Finland
J Agric Food Chem 56:11065-70. 2008..Except for doxycycline, the MRLs of these tetracyclines include their 4-epimer metabolites...
- Solid-phase extraction for multiresidue determination of sulfonamides, tetracyclines, and pyrimethamine in Bovine's milkUrairat Koesukwiwat
Chromatography and Separation Research Group, Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
J Chromatogr A 1149:102-11. 2007..for simultaneous extraction of 10 antibiotic residues in bovine milk, belonging to groups of sulfonamides, tetracyclines, and pyrimethamine...
- Anti-inflammatory effects of chemically modified tetracyclines by the inhibition of nitric oxide and interleukin-12 synthesis in J774 cell lineV Ferlazzo
Department of Immuno-Haematology and Transfusion, University of Palermo, Italy
Int Immunopharmacol 1:1765-76. 2001We investigated the effects of chemically modified tetracyclines (CMTs) on the production of nitric oxide (NO) and on the synthesis of some cytokines: tumour necrosis factor alpha (TNF-alpha), interleukin(IL)-10 and IL-12 in ..
- Characterization of eight different tetracyclines: advances in fluorescence bone labelingChristoph Pautke
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
J Anat 217:76-82. 2010..In conclusion, the data suggest that fluorescence double labeling of bone is feasible using appropriate tetracycline derivates in combination with spectral imaging modalities...
- Versatile and facile synthesis of diverse semisynthetic tetracycline derivatives via Pd-catalyzed reactionsMark L Nelson
Paratek Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 75 Kneeland Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
J Org Chem 68:5838-51. 2003..Large numbers of tetracyclines are now possible via these reactions, including numerous upper periphery derivatives of doxycycline, ..
- Inhibition of cell proliferation, invasion, tumor growth and metastasis by an oral non-antimicrobial tetracycline analog (COL-3) in a metastatic prostate cancer modelBal L Lokeshwar
Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center and Department of Urology, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33101, USA
Int J Cancer 98:297-309. 2002..This report appraises the efficacy of doxycycline (DC) and non-antimicrobial, chemically modified tetracyclines (CMTs) against prostate cancer. Both DC and several CMTs inhibited prostate tumor cell proliferation in vitro...
- Hypoxia-activated microglial mediators of neuronal survival are differentially regulated by tetracyclinesAaron Y Lai
Neurochemical Research Unit, Department of Psychiatry and Centre for Neuroscience, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Glia 53:809-16. 2006..However, the specific molecular parameters in microglia of the tetracyclines' effect are not understood...
- Controlling gene expression in mycobacteria with anhydrotetracycline and Tet repressorSabine Ehrt
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University New York, NY 10021, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 33:e21. 2005..Finally, we demonstrated that these systems allow gene regulation in M.tuberculosis within the macrophage phagosome...
- Differential regulation of MMP-13 by chemical modified tetracyclines in osteoblastsKeith Kirkwood
Department of Periodontics and Endodontics, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York, USA
J Int Acad Periodontol 6:39-46. 2004b>Tetracyclines have been shown to regulate matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) expression in numerous cell types with various periodontal disease models...
- Neuroprotective effects of tetracyclines: molecular targets, animal models and human diseaseD Orsucci
Department of Neuroscience, Neurological Clinic, University of Pisa, Italy
CNS Neurol Disord Drug Targets 8:222-31. 2009b>Tetracyclines are a class of antibiotics which could play a therapeutic role in several neurological disorders. Minocycline, extensively studied in animal models, decreased the size of ischaemic and haemorrhagic infarct...
- Tigecycline: a review of preclinical and clinical studies of the first-in-class glycylcycline antibioticC Hal Jones
Infectious Disease Discovery Research, Biological Technologies, Wyeth Research, Pearl River, New York 10965, USA
Drugs Today (Barc) 41:637-59. 2005....
- Teaching TetR to recognize a new inducerOliver Scholz
Lehrstuhl fur Mikrobiologie, Institut fur Mikrobiologie, Biochemie und Genetik, Friedrich Alexander Universitat Erlangen Nurnberg, Germany
J Mol Biol 329:217-27. 2003..Thus, their inducer specificity has been redesigned. The molecular mechanism of changed inducer recognition is discussed, based on binding constants with several tc analogs and in light of the TetR crystal structure...
- Tetracyclines: nonantibiotic properties and their clinical implicationsAllen N Sapadin
Department of Dermatology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029 6574, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 54:258-65. 2006b>Tetracyclines are broad-spectrum antibiotics that act as such at the ribosomal level where they interfere with protein synthesis...
- Chemiluminescence determination of tetracyclines using Fenton system in the presence europium(III) ionsMalgorzata Kaczmarek
Department of Rare Earths, Faculty of Chemistry, Adam Mickiewicz University, Grunwaldzka 6, 60 780 Poznan, Poland
Anal Chim Acta 639:96-100. 2009..based on the europium(III) emission as a result of the energy transfer process from the excited product of the tetracyclines oxidation to the uncomplexed Eu(III)...
- A robust platform for the synthesis of new tetracycline antibioticsCuixiang Sun
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
J Am Chem Soc 130:17913-27. 2008b>Tetracyclines and tetracycline analogues are prepared by a convergent, single-step Michael-Claisen condensation of AB precursor 1 or 2 with D-ring precursors of wide structural variability, followed by removal of protective groups (..
- Tetracyclines and prion infectivityGianluigi Forloni
Department of Neuroscience, Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Milano, Italy
Infect Disord Drug Targets 9:23-30. 2009..On the basis of the chemical homology with anthracyclines, we rapidly moved to tetracyclines, compounds that are safer and widely used as antibiotics in clinical practice...
- Protein-DNA interaction-based detection of small molecules by employing Renilla luciferase fusion protein: quantitative and generic measurement of tetracyclines with a Renilla luciferase-tagged Tet repressor proteinTeijo Pellinen
Department of Biochemistry and Food Chemistry, University of Turku, FI 20520 Turku, Finland
Anal Biochem 358:301-3. 2006
- Oral tetracyclines for ocular rosacea: an evidence-based review of the literatureDonald U Stone
Molecular Pathogenesis of Eyer Infection Research Center, Dean A McGee Eye Institute, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, 608 Stanton I Young Boulevard, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Cornea 23:106-9. 2004To review the basis for the use of oral tetracyclines in ocular rosacea.
- Fast determination of the tetracyclines in milk samples by the aptamer biosensorJuankun Zhang
Tianjin Key Lab of Industrial Microbiology, Ministry of Education, College of Biotechnology, Tianjin University of Science and Technology, Tianjin, P R China
Analyst 135:2706-10. 2010A novel aptamer biosensor for fast tetracyclines determination was established and illustrated in this paper. The tetracyclines aptamer as a specific affinity molecule was immobilized on the surface of the glassy carbon (GC) electrodes...
- 8-Azatetracyclines: synthesis and evaluation of a novel class of tetracycline antibacterial agentsRoger B Clark
Tetraphase Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 480 Arsenal Street, Watertown, Massachusetts 02472, United States
J Med Chem 54:1511-28. 2011..Two compounds were identified that exhibit comparable efficacy to marketed tetracyclines in in vivo models of bacterial infection.
- Gentamicin and tetracyclines for the treatment of human plague: review of 75 cases in new Mexico, 1985-1999L Lucy Boulanger
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM, USA
Clin Infect Dis 38:663-9. 2004..We evaluated the efficacy of gentamicin and tetracyclines for treating human plague...
- Voltammetry and amperometric detection of tetracyclines at multi-wall carbon nanotube modified electrodesD Vega
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Chemistry, University Complutense of Madrid, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Anal Bioanal Chem 389:951-8. 2007..Recoveries ranged from 87 +/- 6 to 99 +/- 3%. Under preconcentration conditions, limits of detection in the water samples were between 0.50 and 3.10 ng mL(-1)...
- Dephosphorylation of p-ERK1/2 in relation to tumor remission after HER-2 and Raf1 blocking therapy in a conditional mouse tumor modelCarolin K Hausherr
Department of Gynecology, University of Mainz, Mainz, Germany
Mol Carcinog 45:302-8. 2006....
- Switching off HER-2/neu in a tetracycline-controlled mouse tumor model leads to apoptosis and tumor-size-dependent remissionIlka B Schiffer
Institute of Toxicology, Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz, Obere Zahlbacherstrasse 67, 55131 Mainz, Germany
Cancer Res 63:7221-31. 2003..Tumor remission was dependent on the volume of the tumors before down-regulation of HER-2/neu...
- Chemically modified tetracyclines act through multiple mechanisms directly on osteoclast precursorsS G Holmes
Academic Unit of Child Health, Division of Clinical Sciences South, University of Sheffield, Stephenson Wing, Sheffield Children s Hospital NHS Trust, Western Bank, Sheffield S10 2TH, UK
Bone 35:471-8. 2004Chemically modified tetracyclines (CMTs) are thought to inhibit bone resorption primarily through their ability to inhibit matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs)...
- Tetracycline-inducible gene expression in mycobacteria within an animal host using modified Streptomyces tcp830 regulatory elementsS Moises Hernandez-Abanto
Center for Tuberculosis Research, Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, 1550 Orleans Street, Rm 1 08, Baltimore, MD 21231 1044, USA
Arch Microbiol 186:459-64. 2006..Chemically regulatable gene expression during animal infection may be a useful tool in studying mycobacterial pathogenesis...
- Inhibition tests for detection and presumptive identification of tetracyclines, beta-lactam antibiotics and quinolones in poultry meatL Okerman
Department of Veterinary Food Inspection, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Ghent University, Merelbeke, Belgium
Food Addit Contam 18:385-93. 2001..luteus, Bacillus cereus or Escherichia coli, can be used for detection of residues of beta-lactam antibiotics, tetracyclines and fluoroquinolones...
- Biologic properties of non-antibiotic, chemically modified tetracyclines (CMTs): a structured, annotated bibliographyR Greenwald
Division of Rheumatology, Long Island Jewish Medical Center, New Hyde Park, NY 11042, USA
Curr Med Chem 8:237-42. 2001..The biomedical applicability of these discoveries obviously covers a wide range of medical conditions and clearly justifies their continued development...
- Chemically modified tetracyclines inhibit human melanoma cell invasion and metastasisR E Seftor
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, College of Medicine Iowa Cancer Center, Iowa City 52242 1109, USA
Clin Exp Metastasis 16:217-25. 1998Recent work has shown that chemically modified tetracyclines (CMTs) are potent inhibitors of matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) activity, both in vitro and in vivo, which is distinct from their antimicrobial activities (Golub et al...
- Tetracycline-inducible gene regulation in mycobacteriaMarian C J Blokpoel
Department of Infectious Diseases and Microbiology, Centre for Molecular Microbiology and Infection, Imperial College London South Kensington campus, London SW7 2AZ, UK
Nucleic Acids Res 33:e22. 2005..These results demonstrate the potential of this tetracycline-regulated system for the manipulation of mycobacterial gene expression inside and outside cells...
- Tetracycline-dependent conditional gene knockout in Bacillus subtilisAnnette Kamionka
Lehrstuhl fur Mikrobiologie, Institut fur Mikrobiologie, Biochemie und Genetik, Friedrich Alexander Universitat Erlangen Nurnberg, Staudtstrasse 5, 91058 Erlangen, Germany
Appl Environ Microbiol 71:728-33. 2005..Reversible 500-fold gene knockouts were obtained in B. subtilis after adjusting expression of revTetR by synthetically designed promoters. We anticipate that these tools will also be useful in many other gram-positive bacteria...
- Drug-induced Sweet's syndrome in acne caused by different tetracyclines: case report and review of the literatureB Khan Durani
Department of Dermatology, University of Heidelberg, Vosstrasse 2, D 69115 Heidelberg, Germany
Br J Dermatol 147:558-62. 2002..Additionally, there is a strong possibility that the same patient developed a drug-induced Sweet's syndrome after oral administration of tetracycline and doxycycline...
- Defining evolutionary trajectories: Molecular adaptation to antibiotic resistanceADIL YOUSIF SHAMOO; Fiscal Year: 2012..The target genes for study are E. faecalis Tn916 tetM (ribosomal protection against tetracyclines), Bacteroides Tn4400 tetX (enzymatic inactivation of tetracyclines) and TnA TEM-1 (enzymatic inactivation of (-..
- Genetic Manipulation of Unreaplasma spp. Infecting Humans using Synthetic GenomicJOHN IRVIN GLASS; Fiscal Year: 2013..to antibiotics are increasingly common and the best drugs for ureaplasma treatment, fluoroquinolones and tetracyclines, are not recommended for pregnant women or children...
- Novel Bacterial Pathogens in Pelvic Inflammatory DiseaseCatherine L Haggerty; Fiscal Year: 2012..Mycoplasmas have demonstrated considerable resistance to tetracyclines, and little is known about the treatment of newly identified BV pathogens...
- Structural basis of tetracycline resistance by efflux pump TetLDANENG WANG; Fiscal Year: 2013..DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Antibiotic resistance is a major threat to public health and resistance to tetracyclines in particular has severely limited the use of this once efficacious, broad-spectrum family of antibiotics...
- Irrigation workers' exposures to antibiotic-resistant bacteria and antimicrobialsAMY REBECCA SAPKOTA; Fiscal Year: 2010..and wastewater samples for the presence of residues from commonly used antimicrobials, including oxacillin, tetracyclines, and triclocarban...
- Emerging Macrolide Resistance in Mycoplasma PneumoniaeTHOMAS PRESCOTT ATKINSON; Fiscal Year: 2010..At present three classes of drugs are used to treat M. pneumoniae infections: macrolides, tetracyclines, and fluoroquinolones...
- Neuroimmune Interactions in High Alcohol DrinkingPETER JOHN SYAPIN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Aim 2 is translational in nature and will test the hypothesis that the diminution of drinking effec of tetracyclines represents a unique activity based on specific structural features of the molecule...
- Hygromycin A: Activity, Biosynthesis, Export, Resistance and RegulationKevin A Reynolds; Fiscal Year: 2013..Many clinically important classes of antibiotics, including macrolides (azithromycin, telithromycin), tetracyclines, aminoglycosides (gentamycin), and more recently oxazolidinones (linezolid) target the bacterial ribosome, ..
- Synthesis of Anti-Infective AgentsK C Nicolaou; Fiscal Year: 2013..be amenable to the synthesis of truncated viridicatumtoxin analogs that closely resemble clinically important tetracyclines. We are working on a concise synthesis of the epidithiodiketopiperazines aranotin and acetylaranotin that ..
- ANTIBIOTIC SUSCEPTIBILITIES OF PERIODONTAL BACTERIAClay Walker; Fiscal Year: 1993..The microbiotas associated with sites undergoing active destruction were initially susceptible to tetracyclines prior to therapy but demonstrated significant resistance following therapy...
- Mycoplasma Genitalium and Pelvic Inflammatory DiseaseCatherine Haggerty; Fiscal Year: 2007..Additionally, other mycoplasmas have demonstrated considerable resistance to tetracyclines. We propose that women with M...
- Treatment of Anthrax with Nonantimicrobial TetracyclinesSanford Simon; Fiscal Year: 2003..Because GMT-3 has already been shown to be safe in Phase I trials with normal volunteers, if efficacy can be shown, it may potentially be rapidly deployed for protection in cases of possible anthrax exposure. ..
- DRYING OF THE OCULAR SURFACEJEFFREY GILBARD; Fiscal Year: 1992..To treat inflammation, tetracyclines will be used, as well as other agents that potentially might decrease inflammation or collagenase activity...
- Quinolone and multidrug resistance in Staphylococcus aureusDavid C Hooper; Fiscal Year: 2013..Pump Tet38 confers resistance to tetracyclines, and pump AbcA confers resistance to plactams with hydrophobic side-chains...
- Uptake of Fluoroquinolones and Tetracyclines by GingivaJohn Walters; Fiscal Year: 2003..Fluoroquinolones and tetracyclines are very useful because they are cell-permeant and have favorable activity...
- MOLECULAR ANALYSIS OF POLYKETIDE SYNTHASE GENESDavid Hopwood; Fiscal Year: 1990The important polyketide family of antibiotics includes such medically important compounds as tetracyclines, anthracyclines, macrolides and others...
- Macromolecular Crystallography Data Collection InstrumenHwai Chen Guo; Fiscal Year: 2002..and membrane interactions, e) metal dependent complexes in blood coagulation, f) efflux-mediated resistance to tetracyclines, g) novel antioxidant mechanisms of surfactant proteins, h) structural and mechanistic studies of ..
- Non Antibiotic Properties of TetracyclineBALAKRISHNA LOKESHWAR; Fiscal Year: 2001..a request for supplemental support for a multidisciplinary conference entitled "Non-Antibiotic Properties of Tetracyclines and Other Antibiotics" to be held at Colby Sawyer College, New London, CT during the week of July 1-6, 2001...
- CYTOMETRY-AIDED DEVELOPMENT OF ANTIMICROBIAL AGENTSHoward Shapiro; Fiscal Year: 2001..mediated by efflux pumps; tetracycline derivatives which inhibit them may be used in combination with existing tetracyclines to treat infections by resistant organisms...
- Novel Tetracycyclines as Antimalarial DrugsMichael Draper; Fiscal Year: 2005..b>Tetracyclines are primarily known as an important class of antibacterials...
- RENAL WATER AND ION TRANSPORT: ROLE OF PROTEINSIRWIN SINGER; Fiscal Year: 1980..The effects of several drugs (e.g., tetracyclines, lithium, sulfonylureas, amiloride, etc...
- COMPLETE GENOME SEQUENCE OF RICKETTSIA TYPHIDavid Walker; Fiscal Year: 2001..for antimicrobial therapy of strains that could be engineered to resistance to the only two effective agents, tetracyclines and chloramphenicol...
- Development of Novel Tetracyclines as Antimalarial DrugsMichael Draper; Fiscal Year: 2002..b>Tetracyclines are primarily known as an important class of antibacterials...
- EFFLUX INHIBITORS FOR MYCOBACTERIUM THERAPIESPENELOPE MARKHAM; Fiscal Year: 2001..tuberculosis, two of these compounds demonstrated marked synergy when combined with two tetracyclines and a macrolide...
- SYNTHESIS OF ANTIBIOTICSAndrew G Myers; Fiscal Year: 2011..be prepared and evaluated for antibacterial activity, many of these with activity against strains resistant to tetracyclines and many other known antibiotics...
- Role of propionibacteria in sarcoidosisStephen Tilley; Fiscal Year: 2005..Future directions will include a placebo-controlled trial of tetracyclines for sarcoidosis if Propionibacteria are identified.
- REGULATION OF TISSUE REPAIRWen Tien Chen; Fiscal Year: 2002..with peptide-phage display technology and applications of available reagents, including chemically modified tetracyclines and potent inhibitors or substrate-peptides of proline-specific peptidases...
- NON ANTIBIOTIC PROPERTIES OF TETRACYCLINESMary Hendrix; Fiscal Year: 1999..supplemental support for a new and unique Gordon Research Conference entitled "Non-Antibiotic Properties of Tetracyclines and Other Antibiotics." In 1983, Golub et.al...
- TETRACYCLINES: MECHANISMS OF ACTION AND RESISTANCEBARRY COOPERMAN; Fiscal Year: 1980..and to use the information so obtained to design, synthesize and test the properties of new derivatives of the tetracyclines (Tc). Several approaches will be used...
- INHIBITORS OF ANGIOGENESIS AND TUMOR VASCULOGENESISRICHARD SEFTOR; Fiscal Year: 2000..plan is to: (1) Evaluate the effects of a new class of tetracycline derivatives, called chemically modified tetracyclines (CMTs), for their ability to inhibit human melanoma tumor vasculogenesis and angiogenesis; (2) To address ..
- SYNTHESIS OF ANTIBIOTICSAndrew G Myers; Fiscal Year: 2010..and scaled, with the goal of developing a route capable of providing grams to kilograms of novel synthetic tetracyclines. More efficient constructions of AB tetracycline precursors will be explored, and the convergent coupling of ..
- Control of the Metastatic Progression of Prostate cancerBALAKRISHNA LOKESHWAR; Fiscal Year: 2006..It will also establish whether a combined cytotoxic and anti-inflammatory therapy will be more effective in controlling metastatic prostate cancer. ..
- Antitumor and chemopreventive activity of the Ecuadorian plant extract BIRMBal L Lokeshwar; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study should also provide a rationale for further development (if any), of this chemopreventive agent, i.e., clinical trials for orostate cancer and other malignant cancers. ..
- RIFAMYCIN BIOSYNTHETIC ANALOGSChaitan Khosla; Fiscal Year: 2003..6) Engineer the rifamycin gene cluster for overproduction of rifamycin B and eventual rifamycin analogs. (7) If necessary, move some of the rifamycin gene cluster into Streptomyces lividans to facilitate aims 4 - 6. ..
- IMPROVING INSTITUTIONAL ANIMAL RESOURCESRose Fife; Fiscal Year: 2003..Additionally, this project will provide a second autoclave in the cage wash facility that will enable it to process the increased load of cages and other materials generated by this research. ..
- Host Modulation/Periodontal Therapy Effects on DiabetesMARIA RYAN; Fiscal Year: 2002..It is postulated that SDD, developed initially for the improved management of periodontitis, may be potential adjunct to insulin therapy in diabetic patients for the improved overall management of diabetes. ..
- EXTRAMURAL RESEARCH FACILITIES IMPROVEMENTRose Fife; Fiscal Year: 2004..Thus, this proposal now encompasses this new service as well. ..
- Role of Nitric Oxide in the Progression of Murine CancerRose Fife; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Human monoclonal antibody therapy for HUSHoward Trachtman; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Matrix and Morphogenesis ConferenceMARION GORDON; Fiscal Year: 2002..This meeting provides a unique opportunity for senior and junior scientists to gather and discuss the latest and most advanced results in the field of extracellular matrix and morphogenesis. ..
- GLU6PASE AND 6P2K/FBASE GENE REGULATION IN SEPSISSUBIR MAITRA; Fiscal Year: 2001..The results of this study are essential to understand the molecular basis of deranged metabolism in sepsis. Understanding the mechanism might be useful for developing appropriate therapeutic intervention during sepsis. ..
- MULTIPLE ANTIBIOTIC RESISTANCE (MAR) REGULONStuart Levy; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- HEALTH BURDERN OF COINFECTING DEER ASSOCIATED ZOONOSESPeter Krause; Fiscal Year: 2001..The density of deer will be estimated in each site. This proposed effort will help define the health burden imposed on people residing in proximity to deer and will contribute to diagnosis and case-management of apparent Lyme disease. ..
- Outcome Measures in Idiopathic Intracranial HypertensionDeborah Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2008..Acquire the training, mentoring and experience necessary to conduct independent, funded clinical research in ophthalmologic and neurological disorders Obtain a Masters Degree in Public Health/Clinical Investigator track ..
- ENGINEERED BIOSYNTHESIS OF NOVEL MACROLACTONE POLYKETIDEChaitan Khosla; Fiscal Year: 2008..Solution NMR, X-ray crystallographic, and electron microscopy studies on DEBS and its components; and 6. Translating insights from Specific Aims 1-4 to produce selected new macrolides. ..
- Structure-Based Design of HLA-DQ2 LigandsChaitan Khosla; Fiscal Year: 2005..More generally, it provides a unique opportunity to validate class II MHC proteins as attractive therapeutic targets for autoimmune disorders. ..
- Brugia Infections in Mice: Role of EosinophilsTHIRUCHANDURAI RAJAN; Fiscal Year: 2005..We believe that the studies proposed herein will help us understand the mechanisms by which mammalian hosts combat infectious agents that are far larger than their own effector cells. ..
- Role of Myosin II in Ischemic Acute Renal FailureTimothy Sutton; Fiscal Year: 2006..Mutant forms of MLCK and ROCK proteins will be co-expressed in MDCK cells to alter cellular signaling. ..
- Novel Therapies for Resistant FSGSHoward Trachtman; Fiscal Year: 2006..The infrastructure that is established for the performance of this R21/R33 project should prove useful for the efficient assessment of additional novel therapies that will be developed in the future for patients with primary FSGS. ..
- Tooth Eruption: Role of Dental Follicle & PTH ReceptorLaurie McCauley; Fiscal Year: 2006..Furthermore, these studies will enhance our basic knowledge as to the role of PTHrP and PTH-1R interactions in controlling mineralized tissue homeostasis. ..
- LOW-DOSE DOXYCYCLINE EFFECTS ON OSTEOPENIC BONE LOSSJeffrey Payne; Fiscal Year: 2007..Reduced bone loss and CVD incidence would represent significant public health improvements. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- International Network and Registry for TMAHoward Trachtman; Fiscal Year: 2007..These include essential hypertension, diabetes, hyperlipidemia, myocardial infarction, and chronic kidney disease. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Vascular factors, amyloid beta, and Alzheimer's diseaseJose Luchsinger; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Inhibitors to Clostridium perfrigens epsilon toxinMARK MCCLAIN; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- EFFLUX-MEDIATED RESISTANCE TO TETRACYCLINESStuart Levy; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Aggressive Periodontitis and Formylpeptide Receptor SNPsJohn Walters; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Combination Antibotics as a Treatment for Chlamydia-Induced Reactive ArthritisJohn Carter; Fiscal Year: 2007..Chronic Chlamydia infections have also been linked to trachoma, tubal infertility, coronary artery disease, asthma, certain types of cervical cancer, and possibly other diseases. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..