Genomes and Genes
Summary: An anthracycline which is the 4'-epi-isomer of doxorubicin. The compound exerts its antitumor effects by interference with the synthesis and function of DNA.
Publications329 found, 100 shown here
- New insight into epirubicin cardiac toxicity: competing risks analysis of 1097 breast cancer patientsMarianne Ryberg
Department of Oncology, Herlev Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Herlev Ringvej 75, DK 2730 Herlev, Denmark
J Natl Cancer Inst 100:1058-67. 2008Current recommendations that cancer patients receive a maximum cumulative dose of 900 mg/m(2) epirubicin are based on the risk of epirubicin-mediated cardiotoxicity and do not take into account the competing risk of death from cancer...
- Perioperative chemotherapy versus surgery alone for resectable gastroesophageal cancerDavid Cunningham
Department of Medicine, Royal Marsden Hospital, Sutton, Surrey, United Kingdom
N Engl J Med 355:11-20. 2006A regimen of epirubicin, cisplatin, and infused fluorouracil (ECF) improves survival among patients with incurable locally advanced or metastatic gastric adenocarcinoma...
- Capecitabine and oxaliplatin for advanced esophagogastric cancerDavid Cunningham
Royal Marsden Hospital National Health Service Foundation Trust, Surrey and London, United Kingdom
N Engl J Med 358:36-46. 2008..We evaluated capecitabine (an oral fluoropyrimidine) and oxaliplatin (a platinum compound) as alternatives to infused fluorouracil and cisplatin, respectively, for untreated advanced esophagogastric cancer...
- Association of breast cancer stem cells identified by aldehyde dehydrogenase 1 expression with resistance to sequential Paclitaxel and epirubicin-based chemotherapy for breast cancersTomonori Tanei
Department of Breast and Endocrine Surgery, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 15:4234-41. 2009..The aim of this study was to investigate whether cancer stem cells were clinically significant for resistance to chemotherapy in human breast cancers...
- Autophagy protects breast cancer cells from epirubicin-induced apoptosis and facilitates epirubicin-resistance developmentWei liang Sun
Laboratory of Tumor Molecular Diagnosis, West China Hospital, West China Medical School, Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
Autophagy 7:1035-44. 2011b>Epirubicin (EPI) is one of the most effective drugs against cancer. But the acquired resistance of cancer cells to EPI is becoming a major obstacle for successful cancer therapy...
- Fluorouracil, epirubicin, and cyclophosphamide with either docetaxel or vinorelbine, with or without trastuzumab, as adjuvant treatments of breast cancer: final results of the FinHer TrialHeikki Joensuu
Department of Oncology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
J Clin Oncol 27:5685-92. 2009..Efficacy and long-term safety of a short course of adjuvant trastuzumab administered concomitantly with chemotherapy for human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2) -positive cancer are unknown...
- Pathologic complete response after neoadjuvant chemotherapy plus trastuzumab predicts favorable survival in human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-overexpressing breast cancer: results from the TECHNO trial of the AGO and GBG study groupsMichael Untch
Helios Klinikum Berlin Buch, Schwanebecker Chaussee 50, 13125 Berlin, Germany
J Clin Oncol 29:3351-7. 2011To evaluate efficacy and safety of epirubicin and cyclophosphamide followed by paclitaxel and trastuzumab as neoadjuvant treatment in patients with human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2)-overexpressing breast cancer.
- Preoperative chemotherapy in primary operable breast cancer: results from the European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer trial 10902J A van der Hage
European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer Data Center, Brussels, Belgium
J Clin Oncol 19:4224-37. 2001....
- Long-term efficacy results of EORTC genito-urinary group randomized phase 3 study 30911 comparing intravesical instillations of epirubicin, bacillus Calmette-Guérin, and bacillus Calmette-Guérin plus isoniazid in patients with intermediate- and high-risk Richard J Sylvester
EORTC Headquarters, Brussels, Belgium
Eur Urol 57:766-73. 2010....
- Predictive markers of anthracycline benefit: a prospectively planned analysis of the UK National Epirubicin Adjuvant Trial (NEAT/BR9601)John M S Bartlett
Endocrine Cancer Group, Edinburgh University, Edinburgh, UK
Lancet Oncol 11:266-74. 2010..We investigated prospectively predictive biomarkers of anthracycline benefit including HER2 and TOP2A...
- SIRT6 modulates paclitaxel and epirubicin resistance and survival in breast cancerMattaka Khongkow
Department of Surgery and Cancer, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Hospital Campus, London W12 0NN, UK
Carcinogenesis 34:1476-86. 2013In this study, we report the identification of a novel role of SIRT6 in both epirubicin and paclitaxel resistance in breast cancer...
- Postoperative dose-dense sequential versus concomitant administration of epirubicin and paclitaxel in patients with node-positive breast cancer: 5-year results of the Hellenic Cooperative Oncology Group HE 10/00 phase III TrialHelen Gogas
1st Department of Medicine, Laiko General Hospital, University of Athens, Medical School, PO Box 14120, Athens 11510, Greece
Breast Cancer Res Treat 132:609-19. 2012..a randomized phase III trial was conducted comparing postoperative dose-dense sequential chemotherapy with epirubicin, paclitaxel, and cyclophosphamide, methotrexate and fluorouracil (CMF)in high-risk breast cancer patients...
- Predictive and prognostic impact of TP53 mutations and MDM2 promoter genotype in primary breast cancer patients treated with epirubicin or paclitaxelRanjan Chrisanthar
Section of Oncology, Institute of Medicine, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
PLoS ONE 6:e19249. 2011..Here, we explored the predictive and prognostic value of TP53 and CHEK2 mutation status together with MDM2 SNP309 genotype in stage III breast cancer patients receiving paclitaxel or epirubicin monotherapy.
- Phase I study of epirubicin, cisplatin and capecitabine plus matuzumab in previously untreated patients with advanced oesophagogastric cancerS Rao
Department of Medicine, Royal Marsden Hospital, Surrey, UK
Br J Cancer 99:868-74. 2008..of the humanised antiepidermal growth factor receptor monoclonal antibody matuzumab combined with epirubicin, cisplatin and capecitabine (ECX) in patients as first-line treatment for advanced oesophagogastric cancer that ..
- Ki67 expression and docetaxel efficacy in patients with estrogen receptor-positive breast cancerFrederique Penault-Llorca
Department of Pathology, Centre Jean Perrin, EA 4233, Université d Allvergne Clermont 1, Clermont Ferrand 63000, France
J Clin Oncol 27:2809-15. 2009..72%) in patients with ER-positive/Ki67-negative and ER-positive/Ki67-positive tumors treated with fluorouracil, epirubicin, and cisplatin. No trend for interaction was observed between docetaxel and HER2 (ratio for interaction: 0...
- Risk of acute myeloid leukemia and myelodysplastic syndrome in trials of adjuvant epirubicin for early breast cancer: correlation with doses of epirubicin and cyclophosphamideClaudio Praga
Centre Oscar Lambret, Lille, France
J Clin Oncol 23:4179-91. 2005We reviewed follow-up of patients treated in 19 randomized trials of adjuvant epirubicin in early breast cancer to determine incidence, risk, and risk factors for subsequent acute myeloid leukemia (AML) and myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS).
- Randomized phase 3 trial of fluorouracil, epirubicin, and cyclophosphamide alone or followed by Paclitaxel for early breast cancerMiguel Martin
Servicio de Oncologia Medica, Hospital Universitario San Carlos, Ciudad Universitaria s n, 28040 Madrid, Spain
J Natl Cancer Inst 100:805-14. 2008..Taxanes are among the most active drugs for the treatment of metastatic breast cancer, and, as a consequence, they have also been studied in the adjuvant setting...
- Adjuvant capecitabine, docetaxel, cyclophosphamide, and epirubicin for early breast cancer: final analysis of the randomized FinXX trialHeikki Joensuu
Department of Oncology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Haartmaninkatu 4, PO Box 180, FIN 00029 Helsinki, Finland
J Clin Oncol 30:11-8. 2012..It is not known whether integration of capecitabine into an adjuvant regimen that contains a taxane, an anthracycline, and cyclophosphamide improves outcome in early breast cancer...
- PREPARE trial: a randomized phase III trial comparing preoperative, dose-dense, dose-intensified chemotherapy with epirubicin, paclitaxel and CMF versus a standard-dosed epirubicin/cyclophosphamide followed by paclitaxel ± darbepoetin alfa in primary breaM Untch
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Helios Klinikum Berlin Buch, Berlin
Ann Oncol 22:1988-98. 2011..Preoperative chemotherapy is a recommended treatment of both primary operable and locally advanced breast cancer. Strategies to improve efficacy include the use of anthracyclines, taxanes, and intensified dose with bone marrow support...
- Intratumoral regulatory T cells as an independent predictive factor for pathological complete response to neoadjuvant paclitaxel followed by 5-FU/epirubicin/cyclophosphamide in breast cancer patientsNaofumi Oda
Department of Breast and Endocrine Surgery, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Breast Cancer Res Treat 136:107-16. 2012..II and III, n = 180) who were treated with NAC consisting of sequential weekly paclitaxel followed by 5-FU/epirubicin/cyclophosphamide were included for this study...
- Enhanced efficacy of functionalized epirubicin liposomes in treating brain glioma-bearing ratsWei Tian
State Key Laboratory of Natural and Biomimetic Drugs, and School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Peking University, Beijing, China
Eur J Pharm Sci 41:232-43. 2010..In the present study, we developed a functionalized liposomal nanoconstruct, epirubicin liposomes modified with tamoxifen (TAM) and transferrin (TF), for transporting drug across the BBB and ..
- Transcatheter arterial chemoembolization with epirubicin-loaded superabsorbent polymer microspheres for 135 hepatocellular carcinoma patients: single-center experienceAkihiko Seki
Department of Radiology, GateTower Institute for Image Guided Therapy, 1 Rinku Orai, Izumisano, Osaka, 598 0048, Japan
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 34:557-65. 2011..safety, clinical outcomes, and hepatic artery damage after transcatheter arterial chemoembolization (TACE) with epirubicin-loaded superabsorbent polymer microspheres (ELM-TACE) in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) in a ..
- Overcoming multidrug resistance using liposomal epirubicin and antisense oligonucleotides targeting pump and nonpump resistances in vitro and in vivoYu Li Lo
Department of Biological Sciences and Technology, National University of Tainan, Tainan, Taiwan
Biomed Pharmacother 67:261-7. 2013Multidrug resistance (MDR) is a serious obstacle in cancer treatment. In this study, epirubicin (Epi), an anthracycline antineoplastic agent, and/or antisense oligonucleotides (ASOs) targeting MDR1, MDR-associated protein (MRP)1, MRP2, ..
- Transcatheter arterial chemoembolization (TACE) in hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC): the role of angiogenesis and invasivenessAdriana Sergio
Istituto Oncologico Veneto, Padova, Italy
Am J Gastroenterol 103:914-21. 2008....
- Postoperative dose-dense sequential chemotherapy with epirubicin, paclitaxel and CMF in patients with high-risk breast cancer: safety analysis of the Hellenic Cooperative Oncology Group randomized phase III trial HE 10/00G Fountzilas
Department of Medical Oncology, Papageorgiou Hospital, School of Medicine, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece
Ann Oncol 19:853-60. 2008..A randomized phase III trial in high-risk breast cancer patients was conducted, to further explore the impact of dose-density in the adjuvant treatment for breast cancer. The safety analysis is presented...
- Prediction of chemotherapeutic response by collagen gel droplet embedded culture-drug sensitivity test in human breast cancersYuuki Takamura
Department of Surgical Oncology, Osaka University Medical School, Yamada oka, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Int J Cancer 98:450-5. 2002..As chemotherapy, cyclophosphamide 600 mg/m(2) plus epirubicin 60 mg/m(2) q3w (CE, n = 28) or docetaxel 60 mg/m(2) q3w (DOC, n = 42) was given...
- A multicenter randomized phase II study of sequential epirubicin/cyclophosphamide followed by docetaxel with or without celecoxib or trastuzumab according to HER2 status, as primary chemotherapy for localized invasive breast cancer patientsJean Yves Pierga
Institut Curie, 26 Rue d Ulm, 75005, Paris, France
Breast Cancer Res Treat 122:429-37. 2010To assess anti-tumor activity of sequential epirubicin/cyclophosphamide followed by docetaxel with the randomized addition of celecoxib in HER2 negative patients or trastuzumab in HER2 positive patients...
- Impact of five prophylactic filgrastim schedules on hematologic toxicity in early breast cancer patients treated with epirubicin and cyclophosphamidePaola Papaldo
Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Medical Oncology, Regina Elena Cancer Institute, Rome, Italy
J Clin Oncol 23:6908-18. 2005..schedules of recombinant human granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (G-CSF; filgrastim) support in preventing febrile neutropenia in early breast cancer patients treated with relatively high-dose epirubicin plus cyclophosphamide (EC).
- Transarterial chemoembolization with epirubicin-eluting beads versus transarterial embolization before liver transplantation for hepatocellular carcinomaAntonio Nicolini
Division of Radiology, Operative Unit for Interventional Radiology, Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico Fondazione Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Mangiagalli e Regina Elena, University of Milan, Via Francesco Sforza 35, Milan MI20100, Italy
J Vasc Interv Radiol 21:327-32. 2010To retrospectively compare radiologic tumor response and degree of necrosis in explanted livers after chemoembolization with epirubicin-loaded DC Bead versus bland embolization in patients on a transplant waiting list.
- Phase II study of hepatic intraarterial epirubicin and cisplatin, with systemic 5-fluorouracil in patients with unresectable biliary tract tumorsMaurizio Cantore
Department of Oncology, Massa Carrara City Hospital, Massa Carrara, Italy
Cancer 103:1402-7. 2005..To improve the efficacy and tolerance of the ECF regimen (epirubicin at a dose of 50 mg/m2, cisplatin at a dose of 60 mg/m2, and 5-fluorouracil [5-FU] at a dose of 200 mg/m2 per day ..
- Cisplatin, epirubicin, leucovorin and 5-fluorouracil (PELF) is more active than 5-fluorouracil, doxorubicin and methotrexate (FAMTX) in advanced gastric carcinomaG Cocconi
Medical Oncology Division, Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria, Parma, Italy
Ann Oncol 14:1258-63. 20035-Fluorouracil (5-FU), doxorubicin and methotrexate (FAMTX) and cisplatin, epirubicin, leucovorin and 5-FU (PELF) have both been reported to be superior to the combination 5-FU, doxorubicin and mitomycin C (FAM) in advanced gastric ..
- Postoperative dose-dense sequential chemotherapy with epirubicin, followed by CMF with or without paclitaxel, in patients with high-risk operable breast cancer: a randomized phase III study conducted by the Hellenic Cooperative Oncology GroupG Fountzilas
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki School of Medicine, Thessaloniki, Greece
Ann Oncol 16:1762-71. 2005....
- Validation of gene signatures that predict the response of breast cancer to neoadjuvant chemotherapy: a substudy of the EORTC 10994/BIG 00-01 clinical trialHerve Bonnefoi
Geneva University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Lancet Oncol 8:1071-8. 2007..The aim of this study was to confirm the validity of these gene-expression signatures in a large series of patients with oestrogen-receptor-negative breast tumours who were treated in a phase III neoadjuvant clinical trial...
- ATM and p53 regulate FOXM1 expression via E2F in breast cancer epirubicin treatment and resistanceJulie Millour
Division of Cancer, Department of Surgery andCancer, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Hospital Campus, London, UK
Mol Cancer Ther 10:1046-58. 2011In this report, we investigated the role and regulation of forkhead box M1 (FOXM1) in breast cancer and epirubicin resistance...
- Her-2/neu gene amplification and response to paclitaxel in patients with metastatic breast cancerGottfried E Konecny
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, and Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, Los Angeles, CA 90095 7077, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 96:1141-51. 2004..treatment trial, we investigated the response of patients with known HER-2/neu status to treatment with taxane-based epirubicin-paclitaxel (ET) chemotherapy compared with treatment with epirubicin-cyclophosphamide (EC) chemotherapy.
- Multifactorial approach to predicting resistance to anthracyclinesChristine Desmedt
Breast Cancer Translational Research Laboratory JC Heuson, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Institut Jules Bordet, 125 Bld de Waterloo, 1000 Brussels, Belgium
J Clin Oncol 29:1578-86. 2011..TOP) study, in which patients with estrogen receptor (ER) -negative tumors were treated with anthracycline (epirubicin) monotherapy, was specifically designed to evaluate the predictive value of topoisomerase II-α (TOP2A) and ..
- Cardiotoxicity after anthracycline chemotherapy in breast carcinoma: effects on left ventricular ejection fraction, troponin I and brain natriuretic peptideMauro Feola
Cardiovascular Rehabilitation Heart Failure Unit Ospedale SS Trinita Fossano, Italy
Int J Cardiol 148:194-8. 2011..We planned to evaluate the early and 2-year modification of left ventricular ejection fraction (LVEF) and the effects of chemotherapy on troponin I and neurohormonal assessment...
- CHEK2 mutations affecting kinase activity together with mutations in TP53 indicate a functional pathway associated with resistance to epirubicin in primary breast cancerRanjan Chrisanthar
Section of Oncology, Institute of Medicine, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
PLoS ONE 3:e3062. 2008..aim of this study was; 1) To explore alterations in the TP53 gene with respect to resistance to a regular dose epirubicin regimen (90 mg/m(2) every 3 week) in patients with primary, locally advanced breast cancer; 2) Identify critical ..
- Epirubicin, oxaliplatin, and capecitabine with or without panitumumab for advanced esophagogastric cancer: dose-finding study for the prospective multicenter, randomized, phase II/III REAL-3 trialAlicia F C Okines
Royal Marsden Hospital, London, UK
J Clin Oncol 28:3945-50. 2010b>Epirubicin, oxaliplatin, and capecitabine (EOC) is a standard treatment in advanced esophagogastric cancer. Panitumumab (P) is a fully human, immunoglobulin G2 monoclonal antibody targeting epidermal growth factor receptor...
- HER2 and responsiveness of breast cancer to adjuvant chemotherapyKathleen I Pritchard
Toronto Sunnybrook Regional Cancer Centre and the University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
N Engl J Med 354:2103-11. 2006....
- Gemcitabine versus cisplatin, epirubicin, fluorouracil, and gemcitabine in advanced pancreatic cancer: a randomised controlled multicentre phase III trialMichele Reni
Department of Radiochemotherapy, S Raffaele H Scientific Institute, Milan, Italy
Lancet Oncol 6:369-76. 2005..We aimed to assess whether a four-drug regimen could improve 4 month progression-free survival compared with gemcitabine alone...
- Thromboembolism in patients with advanced gastroesophageal cancer treated with anthracycline, platinum, and fluoropyrimidine combination chemotherapy: a report from the UK National Cancer Research Institute Upper Gastrointestinal Clinical Studies GroupNaureen Starling
Royal Marsden Hospital National Health Service Foundation Trust, Surrey and London, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 27:3786-93. 2009..Data concerning the prevalence of and outcomes related to thromboembolic events (TEs) in patients with advanced gastroesophageal cancer who are undergoing chemotherapy are limited...
- Genetic variability in the multidrug resistance associated protein-1 (ABCC1/MRP1) predicts hematological toxicity in breast cancer patients receiving (neo-)adjuvant chemotherapy with 5-fluorouracil, epirubicin and cyclophosphamide (FEC)C Vulsteke
Department of General Medical Oncology and Laboratory of Experimental Oncology, University Hospitals Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Ann Oncol 24:1513-25. 2013To assess the impact of single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) on predefined severe adverse events in breast cancer (BC) patients receiving (neo-)adjuvant 5-fluorouracil (FU), epirubicin and cyclophosphamide (FEC) chemotherapy.
- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy and concomitant trastuzumab in breast cancer: a pooled analysis of two randomized trialsFausto Petrelli
Azienda Ospedaliera Treviglio Caravaggio, Treviglio, Italy
Anticancer Drugs 22:128-35. 2011..Trastuzumab significantly reduces the risk of relapse and does not increase the risk of cardiotoxicity,despite being associated with anthracyclines. The largest benefit was observed in a locally advanced patient study...
- PREPARE trial: a randomized phase III trial comparing preoperative, dose-dense, dose-intensified chemotherapy with epirubicin, paclitaxel, and CMF versus a standard-dosed epirubicin-cyclophosphamide followed by paclitaxel with or without darbepoetin alfa M Untch
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Helios Klinikum Berlin Buch, Berlin
Ann Oncol 22:1999-2006. 2011..of this study was to compare the effect of dose-intensified neoadjuvant chemotherapy with that of standard epirubicin plus cyclophosphamide followed by paclitaxel in combination with or without darbepoetin on survival in primary ..
- Intravesical combined chemoimmunotherapy with epirubicin and bacillus Calmette-Guérin is not indicated for superficial bladder cancerK Tozawa
Department of Urology, Nagoya City University Medical School, Nagoya, Japan
Urol Int 67:289-92. 2001The short-term effects of intravesical chemoimmunotherapy with epirubicin and bacillus Calmette-Guérin (BCG) administered repeatedly for prophylaxis of recurrence of superficial bladder cancer (pTa, pT1) were investigated in 24 patients ..
- Increasing single epirubicin doses in advanced soft tissue sarcomasMassimo Lopez
Division of Medical Oncology B, Regina Elena Institute for Cancer Research, Rome, Italy
J Clin Oncol 20:1329-34. 2002To evaluate the maximum-tolerated dose and the clinical efficacy of epirubicin in patients with advanced soft tissue sarcoma.
- Adjuvant treatment of high-risk, radically resected gastric cancer patients with 5-fluorouracil, leucovorin, cisplatin, and epidoxorubicin in a randomized controlled trialStefano Cascinu
Universita Politecnica delle Marche, Via Conca 60020 Ancona, Italy
J Natl Cancer Inst 99:601-7. 2007....
- Significantly higher pathologic complete remission rate after neoadjuvant therapy with trastuzumab, paclitaxel, and epirubicin chemotherapy: results of a randomized trial in human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-positive operable breast cancerAman U Buzdar
Department of Breast Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Unit 424, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:3676-85. 2005....
- Adsorption behavior of epirubicin hydrochloride on carboxylated carbon nanotubesZhe Chen
China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing 210009, China
Int J Pharm 405:153-61. 2011..treatment, then evaluated the adsorption ability of c-MWNTs as adsorbents for loading of the anticancer drug, epirubicin hydrochloride (EPI), and investigated the adsorption behavior of EPI on c-MWNTs...
- HER2 and TOP2A in high-risk early breast cancer patients treated with adjuvant epirubicin-based dose-dense sequential chemotherapyGeorge Fountzilas
Department of Medical Oncology, Papageorgiou Hospital, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki School of Medicine, Thessaloniki, Greece
J Transl Med 10:10. 2012..The aim of this study was to comprehensively evaluate the prognostic/predictive significance of the above parameters in early, high-risk breast cancer patients treated with epirubicin-based, dose-dense sequential adjuvant chemotherapy.
- Vitamin C-driven epirubicin loading into liposomesDominik Lipka
Department of Lipids and Liposomes, University of Wrocław, Wrocław, Poland
Int J Nanomedicine 8:3573-85. 2013..In the case of the selected drug, epirubicin (EPI), its coencapsulation increases its anticancer activity through a possibly synergistic effect previously ..
- WNT6 is a novel target gene of caveolin-1 promoting chemoresistance to epirubicin in human gastric cancer cellsG Yuan
Department of Medicine II, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munchen, Germany
Oncogene 32:375-87. 2013..that WNT6 increased the resistance to apoptotic cell death induced by the anthracycline chemotherapeutics epirubicin (Epi) and doxorubicin (Dox)...
- Persistent pain, sensory disturbances and functional impairment after adjuvant chemotherapy for breast cancer: cyclophosphamide, epirubicin and fluorouracil compared with docetaxel + epirubicin and cyclophosphamideKenneth Geving Andersen
Section for Surgical Pathophysiology, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen University, Copenhagen, Denmark
Acta Oncol 51:1036-44. 2012..The purpose was to compare patients treated with cyclophosphamide, epirubicin and fluorouracil (CEF) and cyclophosphamide and epirubicin + docetaxel (CE + T) in relation to PPBCT, sensory ..
- Bevacizumab with peri-operative epirubicin, cisplatin and capecitabine (ECX) in localised gastro-oesophageal adenocarcinoma: a safety reportA F C Okines
Department of Medicine, The Royal Marsden Hospital NHS Foundation Trust London and Surrey SM2 5PT, London
Ann Oncol 24:702-9. 2013..Peri-operative chemotherapy and surgery is a standard treatment of localised oesophagogastric adenocarcinoma; however, the outcomes remain poor...
- Plasma HMGB-1 after the initial dose of epirubicin/docetaxel in cancerTobias Arnold
Surgical Research Laboratories, Department of Surgery, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Eur J Clin Invest 43:286-91. 2013..We hypothesized that the initial dose of NCT with epirubicin/docetaxel induces changes in plasma HMGB-1 which could allow for an early prediction of response to therapy.
- Defective one- or two-electron reduction of the anticancer anthracycline epirubicin in human heart. Relative importance of vesicular sequestration and impaired efficiency of electron additionEmanuela Salvatorelli
Center of Excellence on Aging, G d Annunzio University School of Medicine, 66013 Chieti, Italy
J Biol Chem 281:10990-1001. 2006..The closely related analogue epirubicin induces less cardiotoxicity, but the determinants of its different behavior have not been elucidated...
- Epirubicin, oxaliplatin, and capecitabine with or without panitumumab for patients with previously untreated advanced oesophagogastric cancer (REAL3): a randomised, open-label phase 3 trialTom Waddell
The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, London and Surrey, UK
Lancet Oncol 14:481-9. 2013..We aimed to assess addition of the anti-EGFR antibody panitumumab to epirubicin, oxaliplatin, and capecitabine (EOC) in patients with advanced oesophagogastric adenocarcinoma.
- Epirubicin loaded super paramagnetic iron oxide nanoparticle-aptamer bioconjugate for combined colon cancer therapy and imaging in vivoSeyed Hamid Jalalian
Academic Center for Education, Culture and Research ACECR Mashhad Branch, Mashhad, Iran
Eur J Pharm Sci 50:191-7. 2013Every year a large number of new cases of colorectal cancer are diagnosed in the world. Application of Epirubicin (Epi) in treatment of cancer has been limited due to its cardiotoxicity...
- Effect of prophylactic treatment with intravesical epirubicin on recurrence of superficial bladder cancer--The 6th Trial of the Japanese Urological Cancer Research Group (JUCRG): a randomized trial of intravesical epirubicin at dose of 20mg/40ml, 30mg/40mMasao Kuroda
Department of Urology, Nissay Hospital, 6 3 8 Tachiuribor, Nishi ku, Osaka 550 0012, Japan
Eur Urol 45:600-5. 2004We compared the prophylactic efficacy and safety of epirubicin (EPI) in primary superficial bladder cancer.
- Comparison of local control effects of superselective transcatheter arterial chemoembolization using epirubicin plus mitomycin C and miriplatin for hepatocellular carcinomaShiro Miyayama
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Fukuiken Saiseikai Hospital, 7 1 Funabashi, Wadanaka cho, Fukui 918 8503, Japan
Jpn J Radiol 30:263-70. 2012To compare local control effects of superselective transcatheter arterial chemoembolization (TACE) using epirubicin (EPI) plus mitomycin C (M) and miriplatin (MPT) for hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC).
- Cyclin E correlates with manganese superoxide dismutase expression and predicts survival in early breast cancer patients receiving adjuvant epirubicin-based chemotherapyAlessandro Sgambato
Giovanni XXIII Cancer Research Center, Catholic University of Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
Cancer Sci 100:1026-33. 2009..expression of cyclin E and MnSOD was evaluated in 134 early breast cancer patients receiving adjuvant epirubicin-based chemotherapy regimens containing epirubicin...
- Adjuvant chemotherapy for breast cancer--30 years laterMark N Levine
N Engl J Med 355:1920-2. 2006
- Anthracycline metabolism and toxicity in human myocardium: comparisons between doxorubicin, epirubicin, and a novel disaccharide analogue with a reduced level of formation and [4Fe-4S] reactivity of its secondary alcohol metaboliteG Minotti
Department of Drug Sciences, G D Annunzio University School of Pharmacy, and Department of Cardiac Surgery, G d Annunzio University School of Medicine, Chieti, Italy
Chem Res Toxicol 13:1336-41. 2000..A decrease in the level of alcohol metabolite formation was observed by replacing DOX with epirubicin (EPI), a less cardiotoxic analogue characterized by an axial-to-equatorial epimerization of the hydroxyl group ..
- Induction chemotherapy followed by concomitant radiotherapy and weekly cisplatin versus the same concomitant chemoradiotherapy in patients with nasopharyngeal carcinoma: a randomized phase II study conducted by the Hellenic Cooperative Oncology Group (HeCG Fountzilas
Department ofMedical Oncology Papageorgiou Hospital, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki School of Medicine, Thessaloniki, Greece
Ann Oncol 23:427-35. 2012..The role of induction chemotherapy (IC) when followed by CCRT in improving locoregional control remains controversial...
- Docetaxel followed by fluorouracil/epirubicin/cyclophosphamide as neoadjuvant chemotherapy for patients with primary breast cancerHiroji Iwata
Department of Breast Oncology, Aichi Cancer Center Hospital, 1 1 Kanokoden, Chikusa ku, Nagoya 464 8681, Japan
Jpn J Clin Oncol 41:867-75. 2011..II study assessed the efficacy of a neoadjuvant chemotherapy with docetaxel (75 mg/m(2) q3w) followed by 5-fluorouracil 500 mg/m(2), epirubicin 100 mg/m(2) and cyclophosphamide 500 mg/m(2) q3w in patients with early-stage breast cancer.
- Effects of sodium deoxycholate and sodium caprate on the transport of epirubicin in human intestinal epithelial Caco-2 cell layers and everted gut sacs of ratsY L Lo
Department of Pharmacy, Chia Nan College of Pharmacy and Science, Tainan Hsien, Taiwan
Biochem Pharmacol 59:665-72. 2000..of sodium deoxycholate (Deo-Na), a bile salt, and sodium caprate (Cap-Na), a fatty acid, on the transport of epirubicin were investigated in both the human colon adenocarcinoma (Caco-2) cell line and the everted gut sacs of the rat ..
- A prognostic model to predict outcome of patients failing to achieve pathological complete response after anthracycline-containing neoadjuvant chemotherapy for breast cancerSheng Chen
Department of Breast Surgery, Fudan University Shanghai Cancer Center Cancer Institute, Shanghai, P R China
J Surg Oncol 105:577-85. 2012....
- The efficacy of mitochondrial targeting antiresistant epirubicin liposomes in treating resistant leukemia in animalsYing Men
State Key Laboratory of Natural and Biomimetic Drugs, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Peking University, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Int J Nanomedicine 6:3125-37. 2011..Mitochondria play a crucial role in apoptosis. Mitochondria-specific therapy would provide an efficient strategy for treating resistant cancers...
- Epirubicin-mediated expression of miR-302b is involved in osteosarcoma apoptosis and cell cycle regulationYi Zhang
Department of Orthopedics, Zhongnan Hospital of Wuhan University, Wuhan, Hubei, China
Toxicol Lett 222:1-9. 2013b>Epirubicin is widely used in osteosarcoma chemotherapy. Growing evidence indicates that the microRNA (miRNA) expression levels which are induced by chemotherapeutic agents play an important role in osteosarcoma development and progression...
- Evaluation of epirubicin-induced acute oxidative stress toxicity in rat liver cells and mitochondria, and the prevention of toxicity through quercetin administrationM Kebieche
Phytochemistry and Pharmacology Laboratory, Faculty of Science, University of Jijel, Jijel, Algeria
Exp Toxicol Pathol 61:161-7. 2009Anticancer therapy with epirubicin (EPI) results in acute hepatotoxicity, likely due to the generation of free radicals. However, the oxidative status of rat liver cells and mitochondria after EPI toxicity has not been investigated...
- Locally advanced/inflammatory breast cancers treated with intensive epirubicin-based neoadjuvant chemotherapy: are there molecular markers in the primary tumour that predict for 5-year clinical outcome?H Bonnefoi
Hopitaux Universitaires de Geneve, Geneva, Switzerland
Ann Oncol 14:406-13. 2003..This paper reports the results of a study assessing the potential prognostic or predictive value of HER-2, p53, cyclinD1, MIB1, ER and PgR expression by immunohistochemistry from patients included in an EORTC-NCIC-SAKK trial...
- Phase III trial of liposomal doxorubicin and cyclophosphamide compared with epirubicin and cyclophosphamide as first-line therapy for metastatic breast cancerS Chan
City Hospital, Nottingham, UK
Ann Oncol 15:1527-34. 2004To ascertain the efficacy and tolerability of non-pegylated liposomal doxorubicin (Myocet) and epirubicin combined with cyclophosphamide in the first-line treatment of patients with metastatic breast cancer.
- Cisplatin, epirubicin and 5-fluorouracil combination chemotherapy for recurrent carcinoma of the salivary glandM Airoldi
Clinica Medica II, , Italy
Tumori 75:252-6. 1989..2 poorly differentiated carcinomas, 1 mixed malignant tumor) were treated with cisplatin (60 mg/m2), epirubicin (50 mg/m2) and 5-fluorouracil (600 mg/m2) (CEF) by intravenous injections on the first day of a 21-day regimen...
- A retrospective comparative study of epirubicin-lipiodol emulsion and cisplatin-lipiodol suspension for use with transcatheter arterial chemoembolization for treatment of hepatocellular carcinomaHiraku Yodono
Department of Radiology, Narumi Hospital, Aomori, Japan
Anticancer Drugs 22:277-82. 2011..We aimed to compare clinical outcomes after TACE using epirubicin or DDP-H in patients with HCC...
- Epirubicin enhances TRAIL-induced apoptosis in gastric cancer cells by promoting death receptor clustering in lipid raftsLing Xu
Department of Medical Oncology, The First Hospital of China Medical University, Shenyang 110001, P R China
Mol Med Rep 4:407-11. 2011..76±2.39% and the rate of cell apoptosis was only 4.37 ± 1.45%. Treatment with epirubicin (1...
- A phase I clinical and pharmacokinetic study of the multi-drug resistance protein-1 (MRP-1) inhibitor sulindac, in combination with epirubicin in patients with advanced cancerR O'CONNOR
The National Institute for Cellular Biotechnology, Dublin City University, Dublin, 9, Ireland
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 59:79-87. 2007..g. anthracyclines...
- Cytotoxic effects of carboplatinum and epirubicin in the setting of an elevated serum thyrotropin for advanced poorly differentiated thyroid cancerFerruccio Santini
Department of Endocrinology, University of Pisa, 56124 Pisa, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:4160-5. 2002..A combination of carboplatinum and epirubicin was administered at 4- to 6-wk intervals for six courses...
- An exploratory study of body composition as a determinant of epirubicin pharmacokinetics and toxicityCarla M M Prado
Department of Oncology, Cross Cancer Institute, University of Alberta, 11560 University Avenue, Edmonton, AB T6G 1Z2, Canada
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 67:93-101. 2011..Our goal was to investigate relationships between lean body mass (LBM), liver size/function and epirubicin pharmacokinetics (PK) and toxicity.
- Activation of p38 MAPK by oxidative stress underlying epirubicin-induced vascular endothelial cell injuryTakaaki Yamada
Department of Pharmacy, Kyushu University Hospital, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Free Radic Biol Med 52:1285-93. 2012b>Epirubicin, an anthracycline antitumor drug, often causes vascular injury such as vascular pain, phlebitis, and necrotizing vasculitis. However, an effective prevention for the epirubicin-induced vascular injury has not been established...
- Is it possible to increase pCR in the neoadjuvant treatment with a dose-dense/sequential combination?: results from a phase II Trial combining epirubicin and cyclophosphamide followed by paclitaxel and gemcitabine ± trastuzumab in stage II and III breast Alfonso Sánchez-Muñoz
Department of Oncology, Complejo Hospitalario de Jaen, Spain
Am J Clin Oncol 33:432-7. 2010To evaluate the pathologic complete response (pCR) rate of a combination of epirubicin (E) and cyclophosphamide (C) followed by paclitaxel (P) and gemcitabine (G) (+ trastuzumab[T]) in Her2+ patients) in a sequential and dose-dense ..
- Pharmacokinetic characterization of amrubicin cardiac safety in an ex vivo human myocardial strip model. II. Amrubicin shows metabolic advantages over doxorubicin and epirubicinEmanuela Salvatorelli
Center for Integrated Research, University Campus Bio Medico, Rome, Italy
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 341:474-83. 2012..hydrochloride] accumulated to a lower level compared with equimolar doxorubicin or epirubicin (J Pharmacol Exp Ther 341:464-473, 2012)...
- Molecular predictors of efficacy of adjuvant weekly paclitaxel in early breast cancerMiguel Martin
Servicio de Oncologia Medica, Departmento de Oncología, Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Maranon, 28009 Madrid, Spain
Breast Cancer Res Treat 123:149-57. 2010Treatment with fluororacil, epirubicin, and cyclophosphamide followed by weekly paclitaxel (FEC-P) yielded superior disease-free survival than FEC in the adjuvant breast cancer trial GEICAM 9906...
- Quantitative prediction of tumor response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy in breast cancer: novel marker genes and prediction model using the expression levelsHiroshi Sano
Department of Breast Oncology, International Medical Center, Saitama Medical University, 1397 1 Yamane, Hidaka, Saitama, 350 1298, Japan
Breast Cancer 19:37-45. 2012..We attempted to identify potent marker genes genome-wide, and we developed a prediction model for individual response to epirubicin (EPI)/cyclophosphamide (CPM) combination chemotherapy (EC).
- Evaluation of the prognostic and predictive value of p53 and Bcl-2 in breast cancer patients participating in a randomized study with dose-dense sequential adjuvant chemotherapyV Malamou-Mitsi
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, University of Ioannina, Ioannina, Greece
Ann Oncol 17:1504-11. 2006..To assess the prognostic and predictive significance of p53 and Bcl-2 protein expression in high risk patients with breast cancer treated with dose-dense sequential chemotherapy...
- Single nucleotide polymorphism discovery and functional assessment of variation in the UDP-glucuronosyltransferase 2B7 geneFederico Innocenti
Department of Medicine, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Pharmacogenet Genomics 18:683-97. 2008..The genetic basis of interindividual variability in UGT2B7 function is unknown. This study aimed to discover novel gene variants of functional significance...
- The role of doxorubicin and epirubicin in the treatment of patients with metastatic hormone-refractory prostate cancerRoberto Petrioli
Medical Oncology Section, Department of Pharmacology G Segre, University of Siena, Policlinico Le Scotte, Viale Bracci 11, 53100 Siena, Italy
Cancer Treat Rev 34:710-8. 2008..The anthracyclines doxorubicin (Dox) and epirubicin (Epi), alone or in combination with other agents, have been extensively used in the treatment of HRPC, but ..
- Incidence of chemotherapy-induced amenorrhea associated with epirubicin, docetaxel and navelbine in younger breast cancer patientsWen Bin Zhou
Department of Breast Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, 300 Guangzhou Road, 210029 Nanjing, PR China
BMC Cancer 10:281. 2010..The rates of chemotherapy-induced amenorrhea (CIA) associated with docetaxel-based regimens reported by previous studies are discordant. For navelbine-based chemotherapies, rates of CIA have seldom been reported...
- Sequential docetaxel as adjuvant chemotherapy for early breast cancer (TACT): an open-label, phase III, randomised controlled trialPaul Ellis
Guy s and St Thomas NHS Trust, London, UK
Lancet 373:1681-92. 2009..The UK TACT study (CRUK01/001) investigated whether sequential docetaxel after anthracycline chemotherapy would improve patient outcome compared with standard chemotherapy of similar duration...
- Epirubicin cardiotoxicity: an analysis of 469 patients with metastatic breast cancerM Ryberg
Department of Oncology, Herlev Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
J Clin Oncol 16:3502-8. 1998To evaluate the influence of cumulative dose, dose-intensity, single-dose level, and schedule of epirubicin on the risk of developing congestive heart failure (CHF) in patients with advanced breast cancer.
- Matuzumab plus epirubicin, cisplatin and capecitabine (ECX) compared with epirubicin, cisplatin and capecitabine alone as first-line treatment in patients with advanced oesophago-gastric cancer: a randomised, multicentre open-label phase II studyS Rao
Gastrointestinal Unit, Royal Marsden Hospital, London and Surrey, UK
Ann Oncol 21:2213-9. 2010Clinical data showed promising antitumour activity with feasible tolerability for matuzumab plus epirubicin, cisplatin and capecitabine (ECX) chemotherapy in untreated advanced oesophago-gastric (OG) cancer...
- Cyclophosphamide, epirubicin, and Fluorouracil versus dose-dense epirubicin and cyclophosphamide followed by Paclitaxel versus Doxorubicin and cyclophosphamide followed by Paclitaxel in node-positive or high-risk node-negative breast cancerMargot Burnell
Atlantic Health Sciences Corporation, Saint John, New Brunswick, NJ, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:77-82. 2010PURPOSE Cyclophosphamide, epirubicin, and fluorouracil (CEF) and doxorubicin and cyclophosphamide (AC) followed by paclitaxel (T) are commonly used adjuvant regimens in women with early breast cancer...
- A phase II neoadjuvant trial of sequential nanoparticle albumin-bound paclitaxel followed by 5-fluorouracil/epirubicin/cyclophosphamide in locally advanced breast cancerAndre Robidoux
National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project NSABP, Pittsburgh, PA Centre Hospitalier, de l Université de Montreal CHUM, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Clin Breast Cancer 10:81-6. 2010..Various regimens have explored the addition of newer agents to determine safety and efficacy. The aim of this phase II study was to incorporate albumin-bound paclitaxel with sequential anthracycline-based therapy...
- Risk of acute leukemia following epirubicin-based adjuvant chemotherapy: a report from the National Cancer Institute of Canada Clinical Trials GroupMichael Crump
Princess Margaret Hospital, 610 University Ave, Room 5 108, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 2M9
J Clin Oncol 21:3066-71. 2003Cyclophosphamide, epirubicin, and fluorouracil (CEF), compared with classical cyclophosphamide, methotrexate, and fluorouracil (CMF) chemotherapy...
- Evidence for direct involvement of epirubicin in the formation of chromosomal translocations in t(15;17) therapy-related acute promyelocytic leukemiaAshley N Mays
Department of Medical and Molecular Genetics, King s College London School of Medicine, London, United Kingdom
Blood 115:326-30. 2010..genes is associated with exposure to agents targeting topoisomerase II (topoII), particularly mitoxantrone and epirubicin. We previously have shown that mitoxantrone preferentially induces topoII-mediated DNA damage in a "hotspot ..
- First-line trastuzumab plus epirubicin and cyclophosphamide therapy in patients with human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-positive metastatic breast cancer: cardiac safety and efficacy data from the Herceptin, Cyclophosphamide, and Epirubicin (HERCULEMichael Untch
Helios Klinikum Berlin Buch, Frauenheilkunde mit Geburtshilfe, Berlin, Germany
J Clin Oncol 28:1473-80. 2010..The Herceptin, Cyclophosphamide, and Epirubicin (HERCULES) trial evaluated trastuzumab plus cyclophosphamide and the less cardiotoxic anthracycline epirubicin.
- ERBB2 and TOP2A in breast cancer: a comprehensive analysis of gene amplification, RNA levels, and protein expression and their influence on prognosis and predictionJan C Brase
Division of Molecular Genome Analysis, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 16:2391-401. 2010..However, the correlation of DNA amplification, RNA levels, and protein expression and their prognostic role and association with anthracycline responses in node-negative breast cancer have not yet been evaluated...
- High incidence of central nervous system involvement in patients with metastatic or locally advanced breast cancer treated with epirubicin and docetaxelD Crivellari
Divisione di Oncologia Medica, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Aviano, Italy
Ann Oncol 12:353-6. 2001..Clinically overt central nervous system (CNS) involvement occurs in 10%-15% of patients with advanced breast cancer...
- Docetaxel and continuous-infusion fluorouracil versus epirubicin, cisplatin, and fluorouracil for advanced gastric adenocarcinoma: a randomized phase II studyPeter C Thuss-Patience
Medizinische Klinik mit Schwerpunkt Hämatologie und Onkologie, Charite, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Virchow Klinkum, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin, Germany
J Clin Oncol 23:494-501. 2005A combination of docetaxel and fluorouracil (DF) was evaluated in an outpatient setting and compared with epirubicin, cisplatin, and fluorouracil (ECF), which served as an internal control arm to avoid selection bias.
- HER2, TOP2A, and TIMP-1 and responsiveness to adjuvant anthracycline-containing chemotherapy in high-risk breast cancer patientsBent Ejlertsen
Department of Oncology, Bldg 4262 Rigshospitalet, 9, Blegdamsvej, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
J Clin Oncol 28:984-90. 2010..TIMP-1 (HT) or TOP2A with TIMP-1 (2T) more accurately identifies patients who benefit from cyclophosphamide, epirubicin, and fluorouracil (CEF) compared with cyclophosphamide, methotrexate, and fluorouracil (CMF) than these markers ..
- Proliferating fraction during neoadjuvant chemotherapy of primary breast cancer in relation to objective local response and relapse-free survivalA M Billgren
Department of Oncology, Radiumhemmet, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Oncol 38:597-601. 1999..The study comprised 51 women with primary breast cancer who received 3-4 courses of CEF (cyclophosphamide, epirubicin, 5-fluorouracil) as neoadjuvant chemotherapy...
- Chemical Glycobiology on AnthracyclinesPeng Wang; Fiscal Year: 2009..Daunorubicin (DNR) and idarubicin are primarily used in leukemia and lymphoma, whereas doxorubicin (DOX) and epirubicin have broader anticancer activities against leukemia, lymphomas, and a variety of solid tumors including breast ..
- Pharmacogenomics of Breast Cancer Adjuvant ChemotherapyRichard M Weinshilboum; Fiscal Year: 2011..One arm involved treatment with "standard" chemotherapy consisting of 5-flurouracil-epirubicin-cyclophosphamide (FEC) plus docetaxel, and the other involved FECdocetaxel plus gemcitabine...
- CANCER CHEMOTHERAPY AND IMMUNOLOGIC EFFECTSEnrico Mihich; Fiscal Year: 2001..The curative effects of combinations in which DOX is replaced by daunorubicin or epirubicin will be examined in the EL4 model to evaluate the possible specificity of the DQX effects...
- Therapeutic Targeting Agents for Bladder CancerYi Luo; Fiscal Year: 2005..already developed, conjugates will be created between these BCSBPs and both an active chemotherapeutic drug (Epirubicin) and two biologic proteins (cytokines IL-2 and IL-12)...
- LIPOSOMAL BCL-2 ANTISENSE THERAPY FOR SOLID TUMORSFrancisco Esteva; Fiscal Year: 2003..Gabriel Lopez-Berestein (Department of Bioimmunotherapy). M. D. Anderson Cancer Center has the patients and resources necessary for Dr. Esteva to successfully complete this research project. ..
- The Role of Selective HDAC Enzymes in Drug SensitivityPamela N Munster; Fiscal Year: 2010..In pre- and post-treatment tumor samples, we will determine which HDACs are involved in the cellular effects induced by the HDACi and which HDACs may predict response. ..
- University of Texas SPORE in Prostate CancerChristopher Logothetis; Fiscal Year: 2007..The achievement of the aims of this Prostate Cancer SPORE proposal will contribute to the development of effective treatments for patients with prostate cancer. ..
- Interferometric Nano-sensing for Biochemical AnalysisDarryl Bornhop; Fiscal Year: 2008..This proposal expands on these results, culminating a multiplexed OCIBD for homogeneous (free-solution) molecular interaction assays. ..
- HAART Associated Cardiotoxicity in HIV-Infected ChildrenSteven Lipshultz; Fiscal Year: 2008..The findings will help determine the need for cardiovascular follow-up, prevention and therapeutic trials. ..
- Hemodynamic forces regulate BMPs in coronary arteriesZoltan Ungvari; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- PEDIATRIC CARDIOMYOPATHY REGISTRYSteven Lipshultz; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies will dramatically increase our understanding of pediatric cardiomyopathy, suggest new areas of research and improved patient management. ..
- Genetic Mechanisms of Anthracycline Cardiotoxicity in Pediatric Cancer SurvivorsSteven Lipshultz; Fiscal Year: 2009..If the HFE mutations are related to increased cardiotoxicity of anthracyclines. This study will elucidate the molecular mechanisms of anthracycline cardiotoxicity in pediatric ALL cancer survivors. ..
- SYMPATHETIC NERVOUS SYSTEM REGULATION OF CELL ADHESIONPaul J Mills; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- UCSD Hillcrest Flow CytometerPaul Mills; Fiscal Year: 2003..It will also be the centerpiece for an environment of shared ideas and collaboration among investigators who now utilize cytometry for their research. ..
- Primary Cardiomyopathies in Children: Research Directions & StrategiesSteven Lipshultz; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CARDIAC RISK FACTORS IN PEDIATRIC CANCER SURVIVORSSteven Lipshultz; Fiscal Year: 2002..If the hypotheses are true, this should enable more rational recommendations for preventive cardiology in long-term survivors to be made and to standardize care and management for this population. ..
- Ethnicity-based proteomic biomarkers in breast cancerHelena Chang; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Cardiovascular Status of HAART-Exposed Infants/ChildrenSteven Lipshultz; Fiscal Year: 2006..This study will determine the cardiovascular effects of HAART in seroreverters and the need for future cardiovascular follow-up and cardiovascular preventive and therapeutic trials in this rapidly expanding population. ..
- Regulatory/Suppresor T CellsLuciano Adorini; Fiscal Year: 2004..Attendance at this conference will be highly relevant to the careers of graduate students and post-doctoral fellows active in the field. ..
- Sleep Disturbances in People with Cancer and CaregiversAnn Berger; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- CEA BASED VACCINE THERAPY IN PATIENTS WITH ADVANCED CAJohn Marshall; Fiscal Year: 2005..So far, the applicant's experience with the first generation CEA-based vaccines has generated a great deal of excitement, and yet he anticipates even more from the newer vaccine constructs. ..
- Potentiation of Topo Inhibitors by HDAC InhibitorsPamela Munster; Fiscal Year: 2005..In Specific Aim 1, we propose to conduct a Phase I trial combining the HDACi, VPA and the topo II inhibitor epirubicin in a specific sequence evaluating toxicity and tolerability of this combination...
- Potentiation of Topo Inhibitors by the HDACi, SAHAPamela Munster; Fiscal Year: 2007..These findings may be useful in the rational design of future clinical trials involving HDACi. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Treatment of lung cancerDerick Lau; Fiscal Year: 2008..The long-term goal is to develop these peptide ligands as molecularly targeted therapy for lung cancer. 4. To recruit and train hematology and oncology specialists in clinical research of cancer therapy. ..
- Fatigue & Breast Cancer-A Behavioral Sleep InterventionAnn Berger; Fiscal Year: 2006..Statistical analyses include RM-ANOVA, generalized estimation equation methodology and multiple regression analysis. Results may inform development of clinical guidelines for fatigue management during adjuvant CT. ..
- Economic Evaluations of Emerging Genomic Tests for Early Stage Breast CancerYA CHEN SHIH; Fiscal Year: 2008..To estimate the budgetary impact of the emerging pharmacogenomic prognostic and/or predictive tests [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- SIGNAL TRANSDUCTION IN ONCOGENESISDennis Slamon; Fiscal Year: 2006..We feel the likelihood of important findings in both basic and translational research results from these efforts is high. ..
- Capturing cancer cells with peptide bead technologyDerick Lau; Fiscal Year: 2003..The development of this technology will greatly enhance our ability of diagnosing malignant pleural effusion, and it will provide a model for capturing and expanding exfoliated malignant cells in other body fluids. ..
- Prognosis in BRCA1 Associated Breast CancerPamela Goodwin; Fiscal Year: 2007..Because this research is nested within the CFRBCS, the objectives can be addressed in a timely and cost effective manner. ..