Genomes and Genes
Summary: Tricyclic antidepressant with anticholinergic and sedative properties. It appears to prevent the re-uptake of norepinephrine and serotonin at nerve terminals, thus potentiating the action of these neurotransmitters. Amitriptyline also appears to antagonize cholinergic and alpha-1 adrenergic responses to bioactive amines.
Publications330 found, 100 shown here
- Cerebrospinal fluid concentrations of corticotropin-releasing hormone, vasopressin, and somatostatin in depressed patients and healthy controls: response to amitriptyline treatmentI Heuser
Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Clinical Institute, Munich, Germany
Depress Anxiety 8:71-9. 1998The effect of amitriptyline upon hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal [HPA]-system-regulating neuropeptides (corticotropin-releasing hormone [CRH], vasopressin, somatostatin) was studied in a group of depressed elderly patients and controls...
- Trial of amitriptyline for relief of pain in amputees: results of a randomized controlled studyLawrence R Robinson
Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle 98104, USA
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 85:1-6. 2004To evaluate whether amitriptyline is more effective than placebo in improving phantom limb pain or residual limb pain.
- Amitriptyline-mediated cognitive enhancement in aged 3×Tg Alzheimer's disease mice is associated with neurogenesis and neurotrophic activityWayne Chadwick
Receptor Pharmacology Unit, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e21660. 2011..In this study, amitriptyline, an FDA-approved tricyclic antidepressant, was administered orally to aged and cognitively impaired transgenic ..
- Valproate and amitriptyline exert common and divergent influences on global and gene promoter-specific chromatin modifications in rat primary astrocytesTatjana Perisic
Chaperone Research Group, Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Munich, Bavaria, Germany
Neuropsychopharmacology 35:792-805. 2010..In this study, we screened amitriptyline (AMI), venlafaxine, citalopram, as well as valproic acid (VPA), carbamazepine, and lamotrigine for their ..
- Amitriptyline and nortriptyline inhibit interleukin-1 release by rat mixed glial and microglial cell culturesEwa Obuchowicz
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Silesian University School of Medicine, Medykow, Katowice, Poland
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 9:27-35. 2006..The aim of this study was to evaluate the effect of amitriptyline and its metabolite nortriptyline on the release of IL-1beta and TNF-alpha by lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-..
- Therapy of CF-patients with amitriptyline and placebo--a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled phase IIb multicenter, cohort-studyLutz Nährlich
Department of Paediatrics, University Hospital Giessen, Giessen, Germany
Cell Physiol Biochem 31:505-12. 2013..of ceramide concentrations in lungs of CF mice employing the functional acid sphingomyelinase inhibitor amitriptyline also normalized mucociliary clearance, chronic inflammation and infection susceptibility to pulmonary P...
- Long-term effects of maternal separation on chronic stress response suppressed by amitriptyline treatmentE M Cotella
Laboratorio de Fisiologia Animal, Facultad de Ciencias Exactas, Fisicas y Naturales, Universidad Nacional de Cordoba, Cordoba, Argentina
Stress 16:477-81. 2013..known to correct glucocorticoid hypersecretion during depression, we treated maternally separated animals with amitriptyline, at a lower dose than habitually used in depression models, to prevent the response to chronic stress during ..
- Depression-like behavior and mechanical allodynia are reduced by bis selenide treatment in mice with chronic constriction injury: a comparison with fluoxetine, amitriptyline, and bupropionCristiano R Jesse
Laboratorio de Sintese, Reatividade e Avaliação Farmacológica e Toxicológica de Organocalcogênios, Centro de Ciencias Naturais e Exatas, Universidade Federal de Santa Maria, CEP 97105 900, Santa Maria, RS, Brazil
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 212:513-22. 2010..Pain co-morbidity symptoms are rarely assessed in animal models of neuropathic pain. Neuropathic pain is characterized by hyperexcitability within nociceptive pathways and remains difficult to treat with standard analgesics...
- The anti-allodynic effects of amitriptyline, gabapentin, and lidocaine in a rat model of neuropathic painS Abdi
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, The Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston 02114, USA
Anesth Analg 87:1360-6. 1998..There are only a few reports regarding the acute effects of the commonly used adjuvant drugs amitriptyline (AMI), gabapentin (GBP), and lidocaine (LDC) on neuropathic pain behaviors in animal models...
- Differential effectiveness of tianeptine, clonidine and amitriptyline in blocking traumatic memory expression, anxiety and hypertension in an animal model of PTSDPhillip R Zoladz
Department of Psychology, Sociology and Criminal Justice, Ohio Northern University, Ada, OH, USA
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 44:1-16. 2013..Beginning 24 h after the first cat exposure, rats received daily injections of amitriptyline, clonidine, tianeptine or vehicle...
- Amitriptyline to relieve pain in juvenile idiopathic arthritis: a pilot study using Bayesian metaanalysis of multiple N-of-1 clinical trialsAdam M Huber
Division of Pediatric Rheumatology, IWK Health Centre and Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
J Rheumatol 34:1125-32. 2007..the population effect of a therapeutic intervention? (2) Compared to placebo, how likely is it that low-dose amitriptyline therapy in children aged 10-18 years with active polyarticular-course juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA) ..
- Roles of exogenous and endogenous FGF-2 in animal models of depressionJ Jarosik
Interdisciplinary Center for Neurosciences IZN, Department of Neuroanatomy, Heidelberg, Germany
Restor Neurol Neurosci 29:153-65. 2011..Several members of the fibroblast growth factor (FGF) family have been shown to be dysregulated in individuals with major depression, and treatment with antidepressants has been reported to increase FGF-2 mRNA levels in the forebrain...
- Efficacy of amitriptyline for relief of pain in spinal cord injury: results of a randomized controlled trialDiana D Cardenas
Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, Box 356490, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Pain 96:365-73. 2002..This study was designed to determine whether amitriptyline, a tricyclic antidepressant, is efficacious in relieving chronic pain and improving pain-related physical and ..
- Serum concentrations of nerve growth factor and brain-derived neurotrophic factor in depressed patients before and after antidepressant treatmentR Hellweg
Central Institute of Mental Health, Mannheim, Germany
Pharmacopsychiatry 41:66-71. 2008..Recent research suggests that serum BDNF concentration is reduced in depression and that successful antidepressant treatment leads to an increase in serum BDNF concentration...
- [Comparative study of Modified Xiaoyao Pill combining amitriptyline on therapeutic effect and compliance in treating patients with depression]Zhan yu Yang
Kangning Hospital of Chaoyang City, Liaoning
Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi 27:642-4. 2007To comparatively observe the curative effect, adverse reaction and compliance of Modified Xiaoyao Pill combining amitriptyline (MXP-At) in treating patients with depression.
- Amitriptyline is a TrkA and TrkB receptor agonist that promotes TrkA/TrkB heterodimerization and has potent neurotrophic activitySung Wuk Jang
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Emory University, 615 Michael Street, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Chem Biol 16:644-56. 2009..We report here that amitriptyline, an antidepressant drug, directly binds TrkA and TrkB and triggers their dimerization and activation...
- Treatment of cyclic vomiting syndrome with co-enzyme Q10 and amitriptyline, a retrospective studyRichard G Boles
Division of Medical Genetics and the Saban Research Institute, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, 4650 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, California 90027, USA
BMC Neurol 10:10. 2010..Co-enzyme Q10 (Co-Q) is a nutritional supplement that has demonstrated efficacy in pediatric and adult migraine. It is increasingly used in CVS despite the complete lack of studies to demonstrate its value in treatment..
- Amitriptyline reduces myofascial tenderness in patients with chronic tension-type headacheL Bendtsen
Department of Neurology, Glostrup Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Cephalalgia 20:603-10. 2000The tricyclic anti-depressant amitriptyline is widely used in the treatment of chronic tension-type headache...
- Differential effects of amitriptyline, nefazodone and paroxetine on performance and brain indices of visual selective attention and working memoryM W van Laar
Utrecht Institute for Pharmaceutical Sciences, Faculty of Pharmacy, Utrecht University, P O BOX 80082, 3508 TB Utrecht, The Netherlands
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 162:351-63. 2002..OBJECTIVES. To compare the effects of three pharmacologically different antidepressants on performance and ERPs in tasks of selective attention and working memory...
- Involvement of adenosine in the anti-allodynic effect of amitriptyline in streptozotocin-induced diabetic ratsAhmet Ulugol
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Trakya University, 22030, Edirne, Turkey
Neurosci Lett 328:129-32. 2002Recent observations suggest the involvement of adenosine in the peripheral antinociceptive effect of amitriptyline in nerve-injury-induced neuropathic pain...
- Caffeine blockade of the thermal antihyperalgesic effect of acute amitriptyline in a rat model of neuropathic painM J Esser
Department of Pharmacology, Dalhousie University, Nova Scotia, B3H 4H7, Halifax, Canada
Eur J Pharmacol 399:131-9. 2000..a non-selective adenosine receptor antagonist, would affect the thermal antihyperalgesic efficacy of acute amitriptyline in a rat model of neuropathic pain...
- Effects of carbamazepine and amitriptyline on tetrodotoxinresistant Na+ channels in immature rat trigeminal ganglion neuronsYun Kyung Hur
Department of Oral Medicine, School of Dentistry, Kyungpook National University, Daegu 700 412, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 31:178-82. 2008..Here we report the effects of carbamazepine (CBZ) and amitriptyline (ATL) on tetrodotoxin-resistant (TTX-R) Na' channels expressed on immature rat TG neurons...
- Amitriptyline v. the rest: still the leading antidepressant after 40 years of randomised controlled trialsC Barbui
Department of Psychological Medicine, Institute of Psychiatry, London, and Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri Milan, Italy
Br J Psychiatry 178:129-44. 2001..However, there are no systematic reviews assessing amitriptyline, the reference tricyclic drug, v. other tricyclics and SSRIs directly.
- Experimental studies of potential analgesics for the treatment of chemotherapy-evoked painful peripheral neuropathiesWenhua Xiao
Department of Anesthesia, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Pain Med 9:505-17. 2008..We investigated potential analgesics for chemotherapy-evoked neuropathic pain using rats treated with paclitaxel...
- Antidepressant acts on astrocytes leading to an increase in the expression of neurotrophic/growth factors: differential regulation of FGF-2 by noradrenalineNaoto Kajitani
Department of Pharmacology, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima, Hiroshima, Japan
PLoS ONE 7:e51197. 2012..Treatment with amitriptyline (a tricyclic antidepressant) significantly increased the expression of fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF-2), ..
- Randomized, placebo-controlled comparison of amitriptyline, duloxetine, and pregabalin in patients with chronic diabetic peripheral neuropathic pain: impact on pain, polysomnographic sleep, daytime functioning, and quality of lifeJulia Boyle
Surrey Clinical Research Centre, Institute of Biosciences and Medicine, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey, UK
Diabetes Care 35:2451-8. 2012..The objectives of this study were to compare the analgesic efficacy of pregabalin, amitriptyline, and duloxetine, and their effect on polysomnographic sleep, daytime functioning, and quality of life in ..
- Topical 2% amitriptyline and 1% ketamine in neuropathic pain syndromes: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialMary E Lynch
Pain Management Unit, Queen Elizabeth II Health Sciences Centre, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Anesthesiology 103:140-6. 2005A double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled 3-week study evaluated the efficacy of topical 2% amitriptyline, 1% ketamine, and a combination of both in treating patients with neuropathic pain.
- Tricyclic antidepressant amitriptyline activates fibroblast growth factor receptor signaling in glial cells: involvement in glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor productionKazue Hisaoka
Division of Psychiatry and Neuroscience, Institute for Clinical Research, 3 1 Aoyama, Kure 737 0023, Japan
J Biol Chem 286:21118-28. 2011..The amitriptyline (a tricyclic antidepressant)-induced ERK activation was specifically and completely inhibited by fibroblast ..
- Multicenter, randomized, placebo-controlled trial of amitriptyline in children with functional gastrointestinal disordersMiguel Saps
Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, Children s Memorial Hospital, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60614, USA
Gastroenterology 137:1261-9. 2009..The aim of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of amitriptyline in children with pain-predominant functional gastrointestinal disorders.
- Antidepressants increase glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor production through monoamine-independent activation of protein tyrosine kinase and extracellular signal-regulated kinase in glial cellsKazue Hisaoka
Institute of Clinical Research, Kure Medical Center, 3 1 Aoyama, Kure 737 0023, Japan
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 321:148-57. 2007..Here, we found that amitriptyline, a tricyclic antidepressant, increased both GDNF mRNA expression and release, which were selectively and ..
- Effects of amitriptyline on gastric sensorimotor function and postprandial symptoms in healthy individuals: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialErnest P Bouras
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Florida 32211, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 103:2043-50. 2008..However, there are only limited data on the effects of these drugs on upper gastrointestinal function...
- Postamputation pain and sensory changes in treatment-naive patients: characteristics and responses to treatment with tramadol, amitriptyline, and placeboClive H Wilder-Smith
Brain Gut Research Group, Bern, Switzerland
Anesthesiology 103:619-28. 2005..Pain after amputation is common but difficult to treat, and few controlled treatment studies exist...
- Perisurgical amitriptyline produces a preventive effect on afferent hypersensitivity following spared nerve injuryAndre Arsenault
Department of Pharmacology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS, Canada B3H 1X5
Pain 146:308-14. 2009..Here we demonstrate that a perioperative regimen of amitriptyline (10 mg/kg i.p...
- Topical amitriptyline versus lidocaine in the treatment of neuropathic painKok Yuen Ho
Department of Anaesthesia and Surgical Intensive Care, Singapore General Hospital, Singapore
Clin J Pain 24:51-5. 2008Oral amitriptyline, a tricyclic antidepressant, is effective for treating neuropathic pain...
- Chronic treatment with the antidepressant amitriptyline prevents impairments in water maze learning in aging ratsJoyce L W Yau
Centre for the Study of the Ageing Brain, Molecular Medicine Centre, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 22:1436-42. 2002..To test this hypothesis, we treated middle-aged male Lister hooded rats (16 months) with amitriptyline until they were 24 months of age, and their cognitive function was assessed in the water maze...
- Allele-specific change of concentration and functional gene dose for the prediction of steady-state serum concentrations of amitriptyline and nortriptyline in CYP2C19 and CYP2D6 extensive and intermediate metabolizersWerner Steimer
Institut fur Klinische Chemie und Pathobiochemie, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Clin Chem 50:1623-33. 2004..These may allow a much desired prediction of metabolic activity within the extensive metabolizer group. The functional consequences are still being discussed with few data available for clinical patients...
- Antinociceptive effects of the antidepressants amitriptyline, duloxetine, mirtazapine and citalopram in animal models of acute, persistent and neuropathic painSigne F Bomholt
Department of Pharmacology, Neurosearch A S, 93 Pederstrupvej, DK 2750, Ballerup, Denmark
Neuropharmacology 48:252-63. 2005The effects of acute, systemic administration of amitriptyline, duloxetine and mirtazapine (antidepressant drugs that variously affect extracellular noradrenaline and serotonin levels) and the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI)..
- The effect of guided imagery and amitriptyline on daily fibromyalgia pain: a prospective, randomized, controlled trialEgil A Fors
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioural Medicine, Norwegian University of Science and Technology NTNU, PO Box 3008 Lade, NO 7441, Trondheim, Norway
J Psychiatr Res 36:179-87. 2002The effectiveness of an attention distracting and an attention focusing guided imagery as well as the effect of amitriptyline on fibromyalgic pain was studied prospectively.
- ABCB1 (P-glycoprotein/MDR1) gene G2677T/a sequence variation (polymorphism): lack of association with side effects and therapeutic response in depressed inpatients treated with amitriptylineBarbara Laika
Clin Chem 52:893-5. 2006
- Amitriptyline in the treatment of chemotherapy-induced neuropathic symptomsAnna Liisa Kautio
Department of Oncology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
J Pain Symptom Manage 35:31-9. 2008..This double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study assessed the efficacy of low-dose amitriptyline to relieve chemotherapy-induced symptoms in 44 patients (age 20-65 years) who had neuropathic symptoms (..
- Penetration of amitriptyline, but not of fluoxetine, into brain is enhanced in mice with blood-brain barrier deficiency due to mdr1a P-glycoprotein gene disruptionM Uhr
Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Munich, Germany
Neuropsychopharmacology 22:380-7. 2000..the effect of the absence of the drug-transporting P-glycoprotein at the blood-brain barrier on the uptake of amitriptyline (AMI) and fluoxetine (FLU) and their metabolites into the brain...
- Amitriptyline modulation of Na(+) channels in rat dorsal root ganglion neuronsJ H Song
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, Chung Ang University, 221 Heuk Suk Dong, Dong Jak Ku, 156 756, Seoul, South Korea
Eur J Pharmacol 401:297-305. 2000The effects of amitriptyline, a tricyclic antidepressant, on tetrodotoxin-sensitive and tetrodotoxin-resistant Na(+) currents in rat dorsal root ganglion neurons were studied using the whole-cell patch clamp method...
- High doses of topical amitriptyline in neuropathic pain: two cases and literature reviewDavid J Kopsky
Institute for Neuropathic Pain, SOEST, The Netherlands
Pain Pract 12:148-53. 2012..The aim of this article is to describe two cases treated effectively with topical amitriptyline 5% and 10%, the highest dosage described to date...
- Amitriptyline suppresses neuroinflammation and up-regulates glutamate transporters in morphine-tolerant ratsYueh Hua Tai
Graduate Institute of Medical Science, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan
Pain 124:77-86. 2006The present study was performed to evaluate the effects of the tricyclic antidepressant amitriptyline on morphine tolerance in rats. Male Wistar rats were implanted with two intrathecal (i.t...
- Amitriptyline suppresses neuroinflammation-dependent interleukin-10-p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase-heme oxygenase-1 signaling pathway in chronic morphine-infused ratsYueh Hua Tai
Nociception Signal Transduction Laboratory, Department of Anesthesiology, Tri Service General Hospital and the National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan
Anesthesiology 110:1379-89. 2009This study explores the underlying mechanism of the antiinflammatory effect of amitriptyline in chronic morphine-infused rats.
- Amitriptyline reduces rectal pain related activation of the anterior cingulate cortex in patients with irritable bowel syndromeV Morgan
Department of Radiology and Radiological Scienes, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37205, USA
Gut 54:601-7. 2005..Tricyclic antidepressants are effective for IBS. The aim of this study was to determine if low dose amitriptyline reduces ACC activation during painful rectal distension in IBS to confer clinical benefits...
- State-dependent block of voltage-gated Na+ channels by amitriptyline via the local anesthetic receptor and its implication for neuropathic painGing Kuo Wang
Department of Anesthesia, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 75 Francis Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Pain 110:166-74. 2004b>Amitriptyline is a tricyclic antidepressant, which also alleviates various pain syndromes at its therapeutic plasma concentration (0.36-0.90 microM)...
- Amitriptyline is a potent blocker of human Kv1.1 and Kv7.2/7.3 channelsMark A Punke
Department of Anesthesiology, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Anesth Analg 104:1256-64, tables of contents. 2007..of neuropathic pain, epilepsy, and anxiety disorders, these channels may be important molecular targets of amitriptyline that cause pharmacological as well as toxicological effects by altering neuronal excitability...
- A pharmacokinetic comparison of single doses of once-daily cyclobenzaprine extended-release 15 mg and 30 mg: a randomized, double-blind, two-period crossover study in healthy volunteersMona Darwish
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Cephalon, Inc, Frazer, Pennsylvania, USA
Clin Ther 31:108-14. 2009..The purpose of this study was to compare the pharmacokinetics and tolerability of single oral doses of cyclobenzaprine extended-release (CER) 15- and 30-mg capsules...
- A possible role to nitric oxide in the anti-inflammatory effects of amitriptylineLuciana Vismari
Department of Pathology, Sao Paulo University, Av Prof Dr Orlando Marques de Paiva, Cidade Universitaria, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 34:578-85. 2012..The objective of the present study was to evaluate the effect of amitriptyline co-administered with L-NAME (a NO synthase inhibitor) on certain parameters of acute inflammatory response in ..
- Cyclobenzaprine pharmacokinetics, including the effects of age, gender, and hepatic insufficiencyGregory A Winchell
Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, Pennsylvania 19486, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 42:61-9. 2002..A reduction in dose or dosing frequency should be considered in the elderly and in patients with liver disease...
- Comparison of paroxetine and amitriptyline as adjunct to lithium maintenance therapy in bipolar depression: a reanalysis of a randomized, double-blind studyMaximilian Pilhatsch
Dept of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus, Technische Universitat, Dresden, Germany
J Affect Disord 126:453-7. 2010To compare the efficacy and safety of adjunctive treatment with paroxetine or amitriptyline in patients with bipolar disorder who relapsed into a depressive episode during lithium maintenance therapy.
- Do adenosine receptors play a role in amitriptyline-induced cardiovascular toxicity in rats?Sule Kalkan
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Dokuz Eylul University, Izmir, Turkey
J Toxicol Clin Toxicol 42:945-54. 2004..aim of the our study was to investigate the role of adenosine receptors on cardiovascular toxicity induced by amitriptyline, a tricyclic antidepressant agent...
- A comparative study of efficacy and safety of gabapentin versus amitriptyline as coanalgesics in patients receiving opioid analgesics for neuropathic pain in malignancyManasi Banerjee
Department of Pharmacology, Medical College, Kolkata, India
Indian J Pharmacol 45:334-8. 2013To assess the efficacy and safety of gabapentin and amitriptyline along with opioids in patients suffering from neuropathic pain in malignancy.
- Effects of amitriptyline and gabapentin on bilateral hyperalgesia observed in an animal model of unilateral axotomyTsuneo Yasuda
Division of Pharmacology, Drug Safety and Metabolism, Otsuka Pharmaceutical Factory, Inc, 115 Tateiwa, Muya cho, Naruto, Tokushima 772 8601, Japan
Pain 115:161-70. 2005..b>Amitriptyline, an antidepressant, at 25, 50 and 100 mg/kg per day, p.o...
- Systemic amitriptyline administration does not prevent the increased thermal response induced by paradoxical sleep deprivationFabio Damasceno
Department of Pharmacology and Psychobiology, Institute of Biology, State University of Rio de Janeiro, Av 28 de Setembro, 87 Fundos, 20551 030 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 94:51-5. 2009..The tricyclic antidepressant amitriptyline is used as an analgesic drug in patients and in animal models of chronic pain, including that associated with ..
- The effect of amitriptyline on ectopic discharge of primary afferent fibers in the L5 dorsal root in a rat model of neuropathic painXin Su
Department of Pain Research, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, Pennsylvania, USA
Anesth Analg 108:1671-9. 2009The sodium channel blocker amitriptyline has been shown to inhibit ectopic discharge in injured nerves...
- Does adenosine A(1) receptor stimulation causes QRS prolongation by blocking beta adrenergic receptors in amitriptyline poisoning?M Aylin Akgun Arici
Dokuz Eylul University School of Medicine, Department of Pharmacology, Balcova, 35340 Izmir, Turkey
Toxicol Lett 186:130-8. 2009To investigate the role of beta receptor blockade via adenosine A(1) receptor stimulation on amitriptyline-induced QRS prolongation.
- Acute oxidant damage promoted on cancer cells by amitriptyline in comparison with some common chemotherapeutic drugsMario David Cordero
Departamento Citología e Histología Normal y Patológica, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Sevilla, Sevilla, Spain
Anticancer Drugs 21:932-44. 2010..We focused our investigations on the antitumoral potential of amitriptyline in three human tumor cell lines: H460 (lung cancer), HeLa (cervical cancer), and HepG2 (hepatoma); comparing ..
- Treatment of depression in patients with breast cancer: a comparison between paroxetine and amitriptylineG Pezzella
Azienda Ospedaliera Santissinia Annunziata, Unita Operativa di Oncologia Medica, Taranto, Italy
Breast Cancer Res Treat 70:1-10. 2001..with breast cancer were randomized to treatment with either the SSRI paroxetine (20-40 mg/day), or the TCA, amitriptyline (75-150 mg/day)...
- The tricyclic antidepressant amitriptyline inhibits D-cyclin transactivation and induces myeloma cell apoptosis by inhibiting histone deacetylases: in vitro and in silico evidenceXinliang Mao
Cyrus Tang Hematology Center, Jiangsu Institute of Hematology, The First Affiliated Hospital, Soochow University, Suzhou, Jiangsu, China
Mol Pharmacol 79:672-80. 2011b>Amitriptyline is a classic tricyclic antidepressant (TCA) and has been used to treat the depression and anxiety of patients with cancer, but its relevance to cancer cell apoptosis is not known...
- Adenosine-mediated cardiovascular toxicity in amitriptyline-poisoned ratsSule Kalkan
Department of Pharmacology, Dokuz Eylul University School of Medicine, Izmir, Turkey
Drug Chem Toxicol 35:423-31. 2012We investigated the contribution of endogenous adenosine to amitriptyline-induced cardiovascular toxicity in rats. A control group of rats was pretreated with intraperitoneal (i.p.) 5% dextrose and received intravenous 0...
- Clinical trial: the effect of amitriptyline in patients with diarrhoea-predominant irritable bowel syndromeH Vahedi
Digestive Disease Research Center, Shariati Hospital, Medical Sciences University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 27:678-84. 2008..Although several randomized-controlled trials have assessed the therapeutic role of antidepressant drugs, there is insufficient evidence to support their use...
- Evaluation of the acute effects of amitriptyline and fluoxetine on anxiety using grooming analysis algorithm in ratsNurhan Enginar
Department of Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacology, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Capa, Istanbul, Turkey
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 89:450-5. 2008The tricyclic amitriptyline and the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor fluoxetine have distinct actions in animal models of anxiety, though both antidepressants are used against anxiety disorders...
- Steady-state pharmacokinetics of once-daily cyclobenzaprine extended release: a randomized, double-blind, 2-period crossover study in healthy volunteersMona Darwish
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Cephalon, Inc, Frazer, Pennsylvania
Clin Ther 33:746-53. 2011..The single-dose pharmacokinetic profile of cyclobenzaprine extended-release (CER) has been previously characterized and compared with the pharmacokinetics of cyclobenzaprine immediate-release (CIR) administered 3 times daily for 3 doses...
- Randomised clinical trial: the effects of amitriptyline on drinking capacity and symptoms in patients with functional dyspepsia, a double-blind placebo-controlled studyB Braak
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, AMC, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 34:638-48. 2011Functional dyspepsia is one of the most prevalent (15-40%) functional gastrointestinal disorders. Antidepressants such as amitriptyline are often used in these patients, but clinical studies are currently lacking.
- The effects of OB-induced depression on nociceptive behaviors induced by electrical stimulation of the dura mater surrounding the superior sagittal sinusJingyao Liang
Department of Neurology, Chinese PLA General Hospital, Beijing 100853, PR China
Brain Res 1424:9-19. 2011..Systemic administration of the antidepressant amitriptyline (AMI) significantly alleviated nociceptive behaviors in both the OB rats and Sham rats...
- The role of adenosine receptors on amitriptyline-induced electrophysiological changes on rat atriumS Kalkan
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Dokuz Eylul University, Inciralti, Izmir, Turkey
Hum Exp Toxicol 32:62-9. 2013We investigated the role of adenosine receptors in amitriptyline-induced cardiac action potential (AP) changes in isolated rat atria...
- Evaluation of the anti-ulcerogenic activity of the antidepressants duloxetine, amitriptyline, fluoxetine and mirtazapine in different models of experimental gastric ulcer in ratsCheng xue Ji
State Key Laboratory of Bioactive Substance and Function of Natural Medicines, Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, 1 Xian Nong Tan Street, Beijing 100050, China
Eur J Pharmacol 691:46-51. 2012The effects of acute systemic administration of duloxetine, amitriptyline, mirtazapine and fluoxetine were compared in experimental models of gastric ulcer in rats...
- Selective modulation of the PKCɛ/p38MAP kinase signalling pathway for the antidepressant-like activity of amitriptylineNicoletta Galeotti
Department of Preclinical and Clinical Pharmacology, Viale G Pieraccini 6, 50139 Florence, Italy
Neuropharmacology 62:289-96. 2012..p38MAPK pathways, and the upstream modulator protein kinase C (PKC) in the antidepressant activity of amitriptyline. Mice were exposed to the forced swimming test (FST) that increased the phosphorylation of PKCɛ, ERK1, ERK2, ..
- Amitriptyline modulates calcium currents and intracellular calcium concentration in mouse trigeminal ganglion neuronsWenhui Wu
Department of Neurology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Guangzhou Street 300, Nanjing, Jiangsu Province, 210029, PR China
Neurosci Lett 506:307-11. 2012..In the present study, effects of amitriptyline (AMT), a commonly used migraine prophylactic drug, on the HVA calcium currents (I(Ca)) were examined in mouse ..
- [The effects of antidepressants on sleep in depressed patients with particular reference to trazodone in comparison to agomelatine, amitriptyline, doxepin, mianserine and mirtazapine]Adam Wichniak
Instytut Psychiatrii i Neurologii w Warszawie, III Klinika Psychiatryczna
Pol Merkur Lekarski 31:65-70. 2011..trazodone on sleep in depressed patients in comparison to other sleep promoting antidepressants: agomelatine, amitriptyline, doxepin, mianserine and mirtazapine according to analysis of scientific publications...
- Effects of chronic administration of amitriptyline, gabapentin and minocycline on spinal brain-derived neurotrophic factor expression and neuropathic pain behavior in a rat chronic constriction injury modelPascal Vanelderen
Department of Anesthesiology, Intensive Care, Emergency Care and Pain Therapy, Ziekenhuis Oost Limburg, Genk, Belgium
Reg Anesth Pain Med 38:124-30. 2013..No data are available on the effect of amitriptyline and gabapentin on spinal BDNF expression...
- Amitriptyline treatment of chronic pain in patients with temporomandibular disordersO Plesh
Department of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0758, USA
J Oral Rehabil 27:834-41. 2000Randomized clinical trials of amitriptyline will require data from pilot studies to be used for sample size estimates, but such data are lacking...
- Interaction of valproic acid and amitriptyline: analysis of therapeutic drug monitoring data under naturalistic conditionsStefan Unterecker
Department of Psychiatry, Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy, University Hospital of Wurzburg, Germany
J Clin Psychopharmacol 33:561-4. 2013b>Amitriptyline (AMI) and valproic acid (VPA) are common psychotropic drugs which are frequently used in psychiatry and also administered in neurology or anesthesia in the absence of a psychiatric indication...
- A comparative efficacy of amitriptyline, gabapentin, and pregabalin in neuropathic cancer pain: a prospective randomized double-blind placebo-controlled studySeema Mishra
Unit of Anaesthesiology, Dr B R Ambedkar, Institute Rotary Cancer Hospital, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
Am J Hosp Palliat Care 29:177-82. 2012..So the aim of the study was to evaluate comparative clinical efficacy of pregabaline with amitriptyline and gabapentin in neuropathic cancer pain...
- Childhood and Adolescent Migraine Prevention (CHAMP) study: a double-blinded, placebo-controlled, comparative effectiveness study of amitriptyline, topiramate, and placebo in the prevention of childhood and adolescent migraineAndrew D Hershey
Department of Pediatrics, College of Medicine, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Headache 53:799-816. 2013..The aim of the Childhood and Adolescent Migraine Prevention (CHAMP) study is to determine the most effective preventive agent to use in children and adolescents...
- A comparative evaluation of amitriptyline and duloxetine in painful diabetic neuropathy: a randomized, double-blind, cross-over clinical trialHarjot Kaur
Department of Pharmacology, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh
Diabetes Care 34:818-22. 2011To compare the efficacy and safety of duloxetine and amitriptyline in painful diabetic neuropathy (PDN).
- The role of central mechanisms in the anti-inflammatory effect of amitriptyline on carrageenan-induced paw edema in ratsValiollah Hajhashemi
Isfahan Pharmaceutical Sciences Research Center, School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Isfahan, Iran
Clinics (Sao Paulo) 65:1183-7. 2010The present study was designed to further investigate the effect of amitriptyline, a classical tricyclic antidepressant, on carrageenan-induced paw edema in rats.
- Potent block of potassium currents in rat isolated sympathetic neurones by the uncharged form of amitriptyline and related tricyclic compoundsJ R Wooltorton
Department of Pharmacology, Royal Free Hospital School of Medicine, London
Br J Pharmacol 116:2191-200. 19951. The block of K+ currents by amitriptyline and the related tricyclic compounds cyproheptadine and dizocilpine was studied in dissociated rat sympathetic neurones by whole-cell voltage-clamp recording. 2...
- The drug treatment of depression in general practice: a comparison of nocte administration of trazodone with mianserin, dothiepin and amitriptylineR Blacker
St Bartholomew s Hospital, London, UK
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 95:S18-24. 1988..and maintenance therapy and to compare this regimen with recommended dosages of mianserin, dothiepin and amitriptyline in the treatment of depressed, adult, general practice patients...
- Effects of the suppression of acute herpetic pain by gabapentin and amitriptyline on the incidence of delayed postherpetic pain in miceYasushi Kuraishi
Department of Applied Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, 2630 Sugitani, Toyama 930 0194, Japan
Life Sci 74:2619-26. 2004..Using this mouse model, we examined the effects of repeated administration of gabapentin and amitriptyline on the acute herpetic pain and the incidence of postherpetic pain...
- Olfactory bulbectomy and amitriptyline treatment influences mGlu receptors expression in the mouse brain hippocampusJoanna M Wieronska
Department of Neurobiology, Institute of Pharmacology, Polish Academy of Science, Smetna 12, Pl 31 343 Krakow, Poland
Pharmacol Rep 60:844-55. 2008..In the present study, we investigated the effects of OB and amitriptyline (AMI) treatment on the expression of metabotropic glutamate receptors (mGluR) in the mouse hippocampus using ..
- Influence of efflux transporters on liver, bile and brain disposition of amitriptyline in miceA Y Abaut
Unité UPRES EA 3892, Laboratoire de Pharmacie Galenique, Biopharmacie et Pharmacie Clinique Faculté des Sciences Pharmaceutiques et Biologiques, Universite de Rennes 1, 2 avenue du Pr Léon Bernard 35043 Rennes cedex, France
Int J Pharm 378:80-5. 2009..the role of Abcb1 and the possible involvement of Abcc2 and Abcg2 in liver, bile and brain disposition of amitriptyline (AMI)...
- Peripherally administered amitriptyline derivatives have differential anti-allodynic effects in a rat model of neuropathic painBackil Sung
Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative and Pain Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 75 Francis Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Neurosci Lett 357:115-8. 2004We assessed if derivatives of amitriptyline could alleviate mechanical allodynia in a rat model of neuropathic pain...
- Decreased plasma levels of amitriptyline and its metabolites on comedication with an extract from St. John's wort ( Hypericum perforatum )Andreas Johne
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, University Medical Center Charite, Humboldt University of Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Clin Psychopharmacol 22:46-54. 2002..We investigated the possible interaction of hypericum extract LI160 with amitriptyline. Both antidepressants have a high probability of concomitant use...
- Neuroendocrine (HPA axis) and clinical correlates during fluvoxamine and amitriptyline treatmentEugenia Rota
Department of Neuroscience, University of Turin, Via Cherasco 15, Turin 10126, Italy
Psychiatry Res 133:281-4. 2005The effect of amitriptyline on hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenocortical (HPA) axis activity was compared with that of fluvoxamine in 38 patients suffering from DMS-IV major depressive disorder...
- Amitriptyline inhibits the activity of the rat glutamate transporter EAAT3 expressed in Xenopus oocytesHee Jung Baik
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908 0710, USA
J Pharm Pharmacol 61:577-81. 2009..We have investigated the effects of amitriptyline, a tricyclic antidepressant, on the activity of the excitatory amino acid transporter type 3 (EAAT3), a ..
- Synergistic antinociceptive effect of amitriptyline and morphine in the rat orofacial formalin testPhilippe Luccarini
Institut Universitaire de Technologie Génie Biologique, Universié d Auvergne Clermont I, Les Cézeaux, Aubiere, France
Anesthesiology 100:690-6. 2004..Herein, the authors describe the effect of coadministration of morphine and amitriptyline on cutaneous orofacial inflammatory pain in rats.
- Prolonged cutaneous analgesia with transdermal application of amitriptyline and capsaicinAnna Christin Colvin
Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative and Pain Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Reg Anesth Pain Med 36:236-40. 2011..In previous studies, we demonstrated that transdermal amitriptyline achieves clinical analgesic effects and is more potent than lidocaine...
- The neuraxial effects of intraspinal amitriptyline at low concentrationsFernanda B Fukushima
Department of Anesthesiology, Sao Paulo State University UNESP, Botucatu SP, Brazil
Anesth Analg 109:965-71. 2009As a result of amitriptyline's vast array of actions, it could potentially be used as an intraspinal adjuvant in neuraxial anesthesia and/or in the treatment of refractory neuropathic pain...
- Effectiveness of amitriptyline versus cough suppressants in the treatment of chronic cough resulting from postviral vagal neuropathyAnita Jeyakumar
Department of Otolaryngology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Laryngoscope 116:2108-12. 2006The objective of this prospective, randomized, controlled study (N = 28) was to evaluate the effectiveness of amitriptyline versus cough suppressants in the treatment of chronic cough resulting from postviral vagal neuropathy.
- Acute amitriptyline in a rat model of neuropathic pain: differential symptom and route effectsM J Esser
Department of Pharmacology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Pain 80:643-53. 1999The present study was designed to determine whether amitriptyline, a prototypical tricyclic antidepressant, could produce pain relieving properties in a rat model of neuropathic pain...
- Oral bioavailability and intestinal secretion of amitriptyline: Role of P-glycoprotein?Anne Yvonne Abaut
Unité UPRES EA 3892, Laboratoire de Pharmacie Galenique, Biopharmacie et Pharmacie Clinique, Faculte des Sciences Pharmaceutiques et Biologiques, Universite de Rennes 1, 2 Avenue du Pr Leon Bernard, 35043 Rennes Cedex, France
Int J Pharm 330:121-8. 2007..the influence of quinidine, a P-glycoprotein inhibitor, on oral bioavailability and on intestinal secretion of amitriptyline, a tricyclic antidepressant...
- Botulinum toxin type A versus amitriptyline for the treatment of chronic daily migraineElza Magalhães
Division of Neurology and Epidemiology, Federal University of Bahia, Av Reitor Miguel Calmon, S N, Salvador, Bahia, Brazil
Clin Neurol Neurosurg 112:463-6. 2010To compare the effects of botulinum toxin type A with those of amitriptyline on the treatment of chronic daily migraines.
- Hypnotic relaxation vs amitriptyline for tension-type headache: let the patient chooseYacov Ezra
Department of Neurology, The Agnes Ginges Center for Human Neurogenetics, Hadassah University Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Headache 52:785-91. 2012....
- Clinical, electrocardiographic, and laboratory findings in children with amitriptyline intoxicationHasim Olgun
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Ataturk University, Faculty of Medicine, Erzurum, Turkey
Pediatr Emerg Care 25:170-3. 2009b>Amitriptyline is one of the major tricyclic antidepressants, and the data on amitriptyline poisoning in children are limited.
- Use of amitriptyline for the treatment of chronic tension-type headache. Review of the literatureEulalia Torrente Castells
Facultad de Odontologia, Universidad de Barcelona
Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal 13:E567-72. 2008b>Amitriptyline is a tricyclic antidepressant, considered the treatment of choice for different types of chronic pain, including chronic myofascial pain. Its antinociceptive property is independent of its antidepressant effect...
- A comparison of the binding profiles of dextromethorphan, memantine, fluoxetine and amitriptyline: treatment of involuntary emotional expression disorderLinda L Werling
Department of Pharmacology and Physiology, The George Washington University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Exp Neurol 207:248-57. 2007..Dextromethorphan, amitriptyline and fluoxetine competed for binding to sigma(1) receptors and to serotonin transporters with high to moderate ..
- Amitriptyline does not block the action of ATP at human P2X4 receptorJ A Sim
Faculty of Medical and Human Sciences, Michael Smith Building, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Br J Pharmacol 160:88-92. 2010b>Amitriptyline is a tricyclic antidepressant that is also widely used to treat neuropathic pain in humans, but the mechanism of this anti-hyperalgesic effect is unknown...
- Amitriptyline attenuates interstitial inflammation and ameliorates the progression of renal fibrosisEduardo Achar
Nephrology Division, Department of Medicine, Federal University of Sao Paulo UNIFESP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Kidney Int 75:596-604. 2009b>Amitriptyline is a pleiotropic tricyclic antidepressant, which has anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties...
- Brain mast cells and Chronic Fatigue SyndromeTheoharis C Theoharides; Fiscal Year: 2013..have been reported to be beneficial, and our preliminary results indicate that only the tricyclic amitriptyline, and certain natural flavonoids can inhibit mast cell secretion and reduce intracellular calcium ion levels...
- Drug Discovery for Cognitive Impairment Associated with Drugs of AbuseAlvin V Terry; Fiscal Year: 2013..memory in monkeys utilizing ketamine (hallucinogen);nomifensine (cocaine/amphetamine-like activity);and amitriptyline (biogenic amine uptake inhibitor/anticholinergic)...
- Local anesthetic receptor in peripheral Na+ channelsGING K WANG; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have shown that drugs effective for chronic pain, such as antidepressants amitriptyline and duloxetine, antiarrhymthic flecainide, antianginal ranolazine, and anticonvulsant mexiletine, all ..
- Antidepressant Therapy for Functional DyspepsiaYURI ANN SAITO LOFTUS; Fiscal Year: 2011..We hypothesize in FD that: 1) Amitriptyline (a tricyclic) and escitalopram (an SSRI) will be superior to placebo in terms of global symptom relief at the ..
- Drug & Non-Drug Treatment of Pediatric Chronic HeadacheScott Powers; Fiscal Year: 2009..In this study, we will investigate whether a combination of pain coping skills training (CST) and amitriptyline (AMI) is efficacious in reducing headache frequency, functional disability, and depressive symptoms in youth ..
- Amitriptyline and Topiramate in the Prevention of Childhood Migraine: DCCChristopher S Coffey; Fiscal Year: 2013..To address this problem, we propose the 'Amitriptyline and Topiramate in the Prevention of Childhood Migraine'Trial...
- Amitriptyline and Topiramate in the Prevention of Childhood MigraineScott W Powers; Fiscal Year: 2013..To address this problem, we propose the 'Amitriptyline and Topiramate in the Prevention of Childhood Migraine'Trial...
- GENERAL CLINICAL RESEARCH CENTERErik L Hewlett; Fiscal Year: 2010..2 headaches per month in the preceding 3 months, while a companion study will evaluate the effectiveness of amitriptyline or divalproex ER in reducing the number of days of recurrent headaches in a 4 month double blind, parallel ..
- XEROSTOMIA-INDUCING MECHANISMS OF PSYCHOTROPIC DRUGSJIA HUEY YU; Fiscal Year: 1993The overall objective is to investigate effects of long-term treatment with amitriptyline (a drug representative of the tricyclic antidepressants), and thoridazine (a drug representative or the antipsychotic drugs) on secretory ..
- Preclinical Development of SCP-123 for Neuropathic PainKENNETH WAYNE NARDUCY; Fiscal Year: 2010..Furthermore, most therapeutics currently used to treat neuropathic pain, including some antidepressants (eg, amitriptyline) and anticonvulsants (eg, gabapentin), were not specifically developed for that purpose, and show efficacy in ..
- MIGRAINE DRUG PROPHYLAXISMichael Moskowitz; Fiscal Year: 2007..In contrast, prophylactic drugs belonging to distinct therapeutic classes (valproate, topiramate, amitriptyline, propranolol and methysergide) have been discovered empirically, and each of them only suppresses attacks by ..
- "A randomized controlled trial of amitriptyline for chronic oral food refusal" Ann M Davis; Fiscal Year: 2011..this application is to investigate the effectiveness of a 24-week outpatient multidisciplinary treatment using amitriptyline to treat pain in young children in order to transition from gastrostomy feeding to oral feeding...
- Novel Evaluation & Treatment of Gastric DysmotilityHENRY PAUL PARKMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..motility disorders: a) the phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor, sildenafil;b) the tricyclic antidepressants, amitriptyline and desipramine. 3...
- G PROTEIN COUPLING IN ANTIDEPRESSANT DRUG ACTIONMark Rasenick; Fiscal Year: 2001..For this study, both rats and cultured cells will be treated chronically with a varity of antidepressants (amitriptyline, iprindole, fluoxetine, phenylzine and chlorpromazine as a control)...
- EFFICACY OF TRICYCLICS IN TREATING CANCER PAINJohn Farrar; Fiscal Year: 1999..study is a double-blind randomized placebo-controlled trial to determine the efficacy of adjuvant therapy with amitriptyline (balanced nonadrenergic and serotonergic) and desipramine (primarily noradrenergic) against the active placebo ..
- Interstitial Cystitis Clinical Research Network (ICCRN)J Nickel; Fiscal Year: 2007..placebo controlled clinical trial (employing 2X2 factorial design) to evaluate the efficacy and safety of amitriptyline and gabapentin for the amelioration of symptoms in patients with a clinical diagnosis of IC...
- Clinical Approaches to Ileal Pouch DysfunctionBo Shen; Fiscal Year: 2005..are that 1) similar to IBS, visceral hypersensitivity may play a role in the pathogenesis of IPS, and 2) amitriptyline, a safe and effective agent for patients with IBS, will be more effective than placebo in alleviating symptoms ..
- PSYCHOACTIVE DRUGS: BIOCHEMICAL MECHANISMS OF ACTIONElaine Sanders Bush; Fiscal Year: 1990..Studies to date have demonstrated a desensitization of the 5HT-2 receptor after the tricyclic antidepressant amitriptyline, after the atypical antidepressant mianserin, and after sertraline, which is representative of a new class of ..
- Chronic Prostatitis Collaborative Research Network CPCRNJ Nickel; Fiscal Year: 2007..placebo controlled clinical trial (employing 2X2 factorial design) to evaluate the efficacy and safety of amitriptyline and gabapentin for the amelioration of symptoms in men with a clinical diagnosis of CPPS...
- NEUROLOGIC AIDS RESEARCH CONSORTIUMDavid Clifford; Fiscal Year: 2001..on neuropsychometric performance as a measure of disease progression, (3) A double-blind controlled study of amitriptyline and mexiletine in the treatment of HIV associated painful peripheral neuropathy, (4) A controlled clinical ..
- PHARMACOLOGIC CHARACTERIZATION OF BORDERLINE DISORDERSPaul Soloff; Fiscal Year: 1990..This double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of neuroleptic (haloperidol) and antidepressant (amitriptyline) medication simultaneously addresses the clinical need for empirically defined guidelines to treatment and the ..
- METHOD FOR THE ANALYSIS OF PAIN CLINICAL TRIALSJohn Farrar; Fiscal Year: 2001..by questionnaire instruments, soon to be tested; 2) analyze the results of an ongoing trail, comparing amitriptyline and desipramine adjunctive analgesia in cancer pain patients treated with opiates; and 3) conduct a ..
- DRUG TREATMENT VARIABLES IN DEPRESSIVE NEUROSESDonald Robinson; Fiscal Year: 1980A comparative trial of amitriptyline and phenelzine is in assess pharmacologic and therapeutic effects of these two antidepressant drugs in the treatment of outpatients with depression...
- NIMH-CRB PSYCHOBIOLOGY DEPRESSION PROGRAM--BIO (HUMAN)Alan Frazer; Fiscal Year: 1980..patients participate in a double-blind treatment protocol involving the administration of either imipramine or amitriptyline during which plasma and cerebrospinal fluid concentration of both tertiary and secondary tricyclic compounds ..
- GENETIC MODEL FOR THE ROLE OF NEUROGENESIS IN ANTIDEPRESSANT RESPONSEROBERT BEECH; Fiscal Year: 2007..heterozygous mice with different classes of antidepressant medications including tricyclic antidepressants (amitriptyline), serotonin-specific reuptake inhibitors (fluoxetine) and norepinephrine-specific reuptake inhibitors (..
- Development of Sensory/Pain-Selective Local AnestheticsPeter Gerner; Fiscal Year: 2006..voltage-clamp recordings of newly developed quaternary ammonium (QA) derivatives of lidocaine (tonicaine) and amitriptyline (e.g...
- MOLECULAR BASIS OF LIGAND/SODIUM CHANNEL INTERACTIONSGING WANG; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- MITOCHONDRIAL DNA ANALYSIS IN CYCLIC VOMITING SYNDROMERichard Boles; Fiscal Year: 2002..An extensive amount of clinical and laboratory data will be collected in all patients, allowing for the comparison of CVS sufferers with and without mtDNA mutations. ..
- THERAPEUTIC NA+ CHANNEL BLOCKERS: RECEPTOR & DRUG DESIGNGING WANG; Fiscal Year: 2007..Earlier screening demonstrated that drugs taken orally for neuropathic pain, such as amitriptyline, flecainide, and mexiletine, also block open Na+ channels effectively at their therapeutic plasma ..
- Maternal overnutrition and offspring fat mass, metabolic and vascular function.Debbie Lawlor; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- RELAPSE AND PREDICTORS OF DEPRESSION IN PREGNANCYLori Altshuler; Fiscal Year: 2003..Delineating of these subgroups provides an opportunity to screen for women "at risk" for relapse and allows for thoughtful treatment plan. ..
- PROPHYLACTIC COGNITIVE THERAPY FOR DEPRESSIONMichael E Thase; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- MUSCLE RESPONSE TO STRESS IN CANINE MUSCULAR DYSTROPHYMARTIN CHILDERS; Fiscal Year: 2002..It is anticipated that findings will improve the understanding of how dystrophic muscle responds to physical stress resulting in improved treatment for patients with Duchenne muscular dystrophy. ..
- Characterization of Toxicity with Spinal OpiatesTony L Yaksh; Fiscal Year: 2010..The present studies aim to define the mechanisms of granuloma formation and point to specific methods to prevent granuloma formation, which will increase the utility and reduce the risks of this important pain therapy. ..
- INFLAMMATION & CORTICOSTEROID RESPONSES IN SEVERE ASTHMAKIAN CHUNG; Fiscal Year: 2005..The molecular mechanisms underlying loss of CR will be examined. These studies should lead to more effective therapies for chronic severe asthma. ..
- Enhancing the Placebo Effect in Irritable Bowel SyndromeTed Kaptchuk; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- COMBINING N-OF-1 TRIALS TO ASSESS FIBROMYALGIA THERAPIESDeborah Zucker; Fiscal Year: 2001..A recent study reported that a combination therapy of amitriptyline and fluoxetine (AM + FL) resulted in significantly greater improvement in patients' symptoms as compared with ..
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS OF PCP AND SIGMA DRUG ACTIONLINDA WERLING; Fiscal Year: 2001..Our findings should be helpful in designing appropriate therapies for abuse of PCP, and related psychotic syndromes. ..
- Brown University Shared DNA SequencerJohn McGeary; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mast cells, antidepressants and chronic fatigue syndromeTheoharis Theoharides; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our preliminary results show that the tricyclic antidepressant amitriptyline can inhibit rat mast cell secretion and intracellular calcium ion levels...
- Canine model for assessing CNS access P-gp substratesKATRINA MEALEY; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Spinal Galanin and its Receptors in Pain ProcessingTony Yaksh; Fiscal Year: 2005..We believe the outcome of these studies will provide direct evidence for the role played by this spinal peptidergic system in pain and point to the development of novel anti-hyperpathic agents. ..
- Restraint stress-induced neurogenic bladder inflammationTheoharis Theoharides; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our findings may be relevant to the pathophysiology of IC and may suggest new therapeutic approaches. ..
- Genomics of Pediatric Headache DisordersAndrew Hershey; Fiscal Year: 2006..The results of this study should help in beginning to develop a molecular genomic approach for the diagnosis and treatment of different headache disorders. ..
- PAIN EVOKED RELEASE OF AMINO ACIDS AND PROSTANOIDSTony Yaksh; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Risk and Predictors of Postpartum DepressionLori Altshuler; Fiscal Year: 2007..AItshuler, Dr. Hendrick), and the Emory Women's Mental Health Program at Emory University School of Medicine (Dr. Stowe). ..
- 5HT transporter & 1A receptor function in BDNF miceJULIE HENSLER; Fiscal Year: 2007..Region-specific and age-dependent changes in BDNF protein levels will be determined in selected brain regions of wild-type and BDNF () mice (Aim #3). [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Intestinal Disposition of Chemoprevention AgentsThomas Cook; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- DRUG AND NON-DRUG TREATMENT OF SEVERE MIGRAINESKenneth Holroyd; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- SHAM DEVICE, PILL PLACEBO OR TREATMENT FOR ARM PAINTed Kaptchuk; Fiscal Year: 2003..In the second phase, parallel RCTs of traditional Chinese acupuncture (TCA) and low-dose amitriptyline (AMI) versus their respective placebo treatments will be conducted...
- Mapping Brain Structure to Function in Bipolar DisorderLori Altshuler; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mechanistic Studies on the Disposition of Farnesol with Single and Multiple DosinThomas Cook; Fiscal Year: 2007..SA2: Determine the intestinal disposition and intestinal tissue kinetics of farnesol in Fisher F344 rats. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CHRONIC NEUROPATHIC PAIN MECHANISMS AND MANAGEMENTMichael Rowbotham; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Leupeptin in a Canine Model of Duchenne Muscular DystrophyMARTIN CHILDERS; Fiscal Year: 2006..Specific Aim #4b: Compare lean body muscle mass and calpain activity between leupeptin and placebo-treated GRMD dogs. ..
- Gene Expression in Acute and Chronic Neurologic DiseaseDonald Gilden; Fiscal Year: 2008..This concerted effort is focused on prospective studies to delineate the cause, pathogenesis and eventual prevention of viral and demyelinating diseases of the human nervous system. ..