Genomes and Genes
Summary: Usually inert substances added to a prescription in order to provide suitable consistency to the dosage form. These include binders, matrix, base or diluent in pills, tablets, creams, salves, etc.
Publications330 found, 100 shown here
- Review: physical chemistry of solid dispersionsSandrien Janssens
Laboratorium voor Farmacotechnologie en Biofarmacie, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
J Pharm Pharmacol 61:1571-86. 2009..Nevertheless, some issues have to be considered regarding thermodynamic instability, as well in supersaturated solutions that are formed upon dissolution as in the solid state...
- Critical evaluation of Nanoparticle Tracking Analysis (NTA) by NanoSight for the measurement of nanoparticles and protein aggregatesVasco Filipe
Division of Drug Delivery Technology, Leiden Amsterdam Center for Drug Research, Leiden University, P O Box 9502, 2300, RA, Leiden, The Netherlands
Pharm Res 27:796-810. 2010..To evaluate the nanoparticle tracking analysis (NTA) technique, compare it with dynamic light scattering (DLS) and test its performance in characterizing drug delivery nanoparticles and protein aggregates...
- The role of fines in the modification of the fluidization and dispersion mechanism within dry powder inhaler formulationsJagdeep Shur
Pharmaceutical Surface Science Group, Department of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, University of Bath, Claverton Down, Bath BA27AY, UK
Pharm Res 25:1631-40. 2008..To investigate the role of in situ generated fine excipient particles on the fluidization and aerosolization properties of dry powder inhaler (DPI) formulations...
- High-throughput screening of excipients intended to prevent antigen aggregation at air-liquid interfaceSébastien Dasnoy
Louvain Drug Research Institute, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Unite de Pharmacie Galenique, Avenue E Mounier 73, UCL 7320, 1200, Brussels, Belgium
Pharm Res 28:1591-605. 2011..with low protein concentrations, as present in vaccines, in order to evaluate the performance of various excipients in preventing the aggregation at air-liquid interface of an experimental recombinant antigen called Antigen 18A.
- The effect of formulation excipients on protein stability and aerosol performance of spray-dried powders of a recombinant humanized anti-IgE monoclonal antibodyJ D Andya
Pharmaceutical Research and Development, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Pharm Res 16:350-8. 1999..To study the effect of trehalose, lactose, and mannitol on the biochemical stability and aerosol performance of spray-dried powders of an anti-IgE humanized monoclonal antibody...
- Self-emulsifying drug delivery systems: an approach to enhance oral bioavailabilityKanchan Kohli
Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmacy, Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi 62, India
Drug Discov Today 15:958-65. 2010....
- Microbicide excipients can greatly increase susceptibility to genital herpes transmission in the mouseThomas R Moench
ReProtect, Inc, Baltimore, MD 21286 USA
BMC Infect Dis 10:331. 2010..In addition, "inactive ingredients" (or excipients) used in topical products to formulate and deliver the active ingredient might also cause epithelial toxicities ..
- Zero-order release of aspirin, theophylline and atenolol in water from novel methylcellulose glutarate matrix tabletsA Khairuzzaman
Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Arnold and Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Long Island University, University Plaza, Brooklyn, NY 11201, USA
Int J Pharm 318:15-21. 2006..Contrary to the first-order release profile of all the drugs from the MC matrix tablets, a zero-order release was obtained from the MC-GA matrix tablets in water...
- Toxic additives in medication for preterm infantsA Whittaker
Department of Infection, Immunity and Inflammation, University of Leicester Robert Kilpatrick Clinical Sciences Building, Leicester Royal Infirmary, Leicester LE2 7LX, UK
Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 94:F236-40. 2009Little is known about exposure of preterm infants to excipients during routine clinical care.
- Stability of lipid excipients in solid lipid nanoparticlesAnna Radomska-Soukharev
K Marcinkowski University of Medical Sciences, Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, 6 Grunwaldzka, 60 780 Poznan, Poland
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 59:411-8. 2007The paper is devoted to the investigation of chemical stability of lipids used as excipients in the production of Solid Lipid Nanoparticles (SLN). Different lipids and amounts of surfactants were considered...
- Barriers to nonviral gene deliveryChristopher M Wiethoff
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, The University of Kansas, 2095 Constant Avenue, Lawrence, Kansas 66047, USA
J Pharm Sci 92:203-17. 2003..In this review, we outline in greater detail the various processes involved in each step and describe various formulation variables that have been explored to overcome these delivery barriers to nonviral gene delivery...
- 2-Hydroxypropyl-beta-cyclodextrin (HP-beta-CD): a toxicology reviewSarah Gould
Safety Assessment, AstraZeneca UK Limited, Mereside, Alderley Park, Macclesfield, Cheshire SK10 4TG, United Kingdom
Food Chem Toxicol 43:1451-9. 2005..HP-beta-CD has been shown to be well tolerated in humans, with the main adverse event being diarrhoea and there have been no adverse events on kidney function, documented to date...
- Kinetic analysis of the toxicity of pharmaceutical excipients Cremophor EL and RH40 on endothelial and epithelial cellsLorand Kiss
Laboratory of Molecular Neurobiology, Institute of Biophysics, Biological Research Centre of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Szeged H 6726, Hungary
J Pharm Sci 102:1173-81. 2013Cremophor EL and RH40 are widely used excipients in oral and intravenous drug formulations such as Taxol infusion to improve drug dissolution and absorption...
- Selection and characterization of suitable lipid excipients for use in the manufacture of didanosine-loaded solid lipid nanoparticles and nanostructured lipid carriersKasongo Wa Kasongo
Department of Pharmaceutics, Biopharmaceutics and NutriCosmetics, Freie Universitat Berlin, 12169 Berlin, Germany
J Pharm Sci 100:5185-96. 2011..Precirol® ATO 5 and a mixture of Precirol® ATO 5 and Transcutol® HP may be used to manufacture DDI-loaded SLN and NLC, respectively...
- Use of a screening method to determine excipients which optimize the extent and stability of supersaturated drug solutions and application of this system to solid formulation designRoger Vandecruys
Pharmaceutical Development, Johnson and Johnson Pharmaceutical Research and Development, Beerse, Belgium
Int J Pharm 342:168-75. 2007Assessing the effect of excipients on the ability to attain and maintain supersaturation of drug-based solution may provide useful information for the design of solid formulations...
- Excipients enhance intestinal absorption of ganciclovir by P-gp inhibition: assessed in vitro by everted gut sac and in situ by improved intestinal perfusionMing Li
Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, Hubei 430030, People s Republic of China
Int J Pharm 403:37-45. 2011In rats we examined the effects of some common excipients on the intestinal absorption of ganciclovir (GCV), a BCS-III drug and substrate of P-gp, by assessing its in vitro transfer from mucosa to serosa and in situ transepithelial ..
- Effects of Labrasol and other pharmaceutical excipients on the intestinal transport and absorption of rhodamine123, a P-glycoprotein substrate, in ratsYulian Lin
Department of Biopharmaceutics, Kyoto Pharmaceutical University, Misasagi, Kyoto, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 30:1301-7. 2007Effects of Labrasol and other pharmaceutical excipients on the intestinal transport and absorption of rhodamine123, a P-glycoprotein substrate (P-gp) were examined...
- Stable isotope-labeled excipients for drug product identification and counterfeit detectionLinda A Felton
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM, USA
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 37:88-92. 2011..This study examined the use of stable isotope-labeled excipients in solid dosage forms as a method to identify drug products and to detect counterfeits.
- Interactions of formulation excipients with proteins in solution and in the dried stateSatoshi Ohtake
Aridis Pharmaceuticals, 5941 Optical Court, San Jose, CA 95138, USA
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 63:1053-73. 2011A variety of excipients are used to stabilize proteins, suppress protein aggregation, reduce surface adsorption, or to simply provide physiological osmolality...
- Tracking of the physical ageing of amorphous pharmaceutical polymeric excipients by positron annihilation spectroscopyRomána Zelkó
University Pharmacy, Institute of Pharmacy Administration, Semmelweis University, Hogyes E Street 7 9, H 1092 Budapest, Hungary
J Pharm Biomed Anal 40:249-54. 2006..Positrons react to the structural changes of amorphous polymers very sensitively, so the method can be recommended as useful means for stability tests during the development phase of dosage forms containing such excipients.
- Exposure to the pharmaceutical excipients benzyl alcohol and propylene glycol among critically ill neonatesNadine Shehab
Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Pediatr Crit Care Med 10:256-9. 2009To document neonatal exposures to the potentially harmful pharmaceutical excipients benzyl alcohol (BA) and propylene glycol (PG) present in parenteral medications routinely administered in the intensive care unit.
- An investigation into the relationship between carrier-based dry powder inhalation performance and formulation cohesive-adhesive force balancesMatthew D Jones
Department of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, University of Bath, Bath, UK
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 69:496-507. 2008..It was concluded, therefore, that when developing a carrier-based DPI, the selection of a drug-carrier combination with a slightly cohesive CAB ratio might result in optimal performance...
- The cohesive-adhesive balances in dry powder inhaler formulations II: influence on fine particle delivery characteristicsPhilippe Begat
Pharmaceutical Technology Research Group, Department of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, University of Bath, Bath BA2 7AY, United Kingdom
Pharm Res 21:1826-33. 2004..To investigate the influence of the cohesive-adhesive balances on dry powder formulation aerosolization and delivery characteristics...
- Manufacturing techniques and excipients used during the design of biodegradable polymer-based microspheres containing therapeutic peptide/protein for parenteral controlled drug deliveryS Tamilvanan
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Antwerp, 2610 Wilrijk, Antwerp, Belgium
PDA J Pharm Sci Technol 62:125-54. 2008..The solubilization, stabilization, and preservation enhancing excipients that are used in peptide/protein-loaded microspheres are briefly overviewed.
- Carbon nanotubes as functional excipients for nanomedicines: II. Drug delivery and biocompatibility issuesMarianna Foldvari
Faculty of Science, School of Pharmacy, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Nanomedicine 4:183-200. 2008..potential novel application in nanomedicine as biocompatible and supportive substrates, and as pharmaceutical excipients for creating versatile drug delivery systems...
- Carbon nanotubes as functional excipients for nanomedicines: I. Pharmaceutical propertiesMarianna Foldvari
School of Pharmacy, Faculty of Science, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Nanomedicine 4:173-82. 2008..Pharmaceutical excipients have been regarded as inert or nonactive components of dosage forms, but they are essential and necessary ..
- Mechanism of protein stabilization by sugars during freeze-drying and storage: native structure preservation, specific interaction, and/or immobilization in a glassy matrix?Liuquan Lucy Chang
Department of Pharmaceutical Science, School of Pharmacy, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CN 06269, USA
J Pharm Sci 94:1427-44. 2005..However, while a specific interaction between stabilizer and protein might be responsible for the preservation of native structure, the evidence supporting this position is not compelling...
- Formulation strategy and use of excipients in pulmonary drug deliveryGabrielle Pilcer
Laboratory of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium
Int J Pharm 392:1-19. 2010..Several excipients such as sugars, lipids, amino acids, surfactants, polymers and absorption enhancers have been tested for their ..
- Self-nanoemulsifying drug delivery systems of tamoxifen citrate: design and optimizationYosra S R Elnaggar
Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Alexandria, Alexandria, Egypt yosra
Int J Pharm 380:133-41. 2009..Realizing drug incorporation into an optimized nano-sized SNEDD system that encompasses a bioactive surfactant, our results proposed that the prepared system could be promising to improve oral efficacy of the tamoxifen citrate...
- What determines drug solubility in lipid vehicles: is it predictable?Sagar S Rane
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40506, USA
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 60:638-56. 2008..The ability to predict lipid solubility is an important step in being able to identify the right excipients to solubilize and formulate drugs in lipid formulations...
- In vitro-in vivo correlations of self-emulsifying drug delivery systems combining the dynamic lipolysis model and neuro-fuzzy networksDimitrios G Fatouros
Department of Pharmaceutics and Analytical Chemistry, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 69:887-98. 2008..These preliminary results suggest that the dynamic lipolysis model combined with the AFM-IVIVC can be a useful tool in the prediction of the in vivo behavior of lipid-based formulations...
- Selection of excipients for melt extrusion with two poorly water-soluble drugs by solubility parameter calculation and thermal analysisA Forster
School of Pharmacy, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
Int J Pharm 226:147-61. 2001..Two poorly water-soluble drugs, indomethacin and lacidipine, were selected along with 11 excipients (polymeric and non-polymeric)...
- Formulate-ability of ten compounds with different physicochemical profiles in SMEDDSThao Do Thi
Laboratory for Pharmacotechnology and Biopharmacy, Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium
Eur J Pharm Sci 38:479-88. 2009..The best performing excipients were selected for SMEDDS formulation...
- In vitro gastrointestinal lipolysis of four formulations of piroxicam and cinnarizine with the self emulsifying excipients Labrasol and Gelucire 44/14Sylvie Fernandez
Laboratoire d Enzymologie Interfaciale et de Physiologie de la Lipolyse, CNRS UPR 9025, 31 Chemin Joseph Aiguier, 13402, Marseille Cedex 20, France
Pharm Res 26:1901-10. 2009..Labrasol and Gelucire 44/14 are defined admixtures of acylglycerols and PEG esters which are substrates for digestive lipases...
- Intravaginal ring delivery of the reverse transcriptase inhibitor TMC 120 as an HIV microbicideA David Woolfson
School of Pharmacy, Queen s University Belfast, Medical Biology Centre, 97 Lisburn Road, Belfast BT9 7BL, UK
Int J Pharm 325:82-9. 2006..In this study we report on the incorporation of various pharmaceutical excipients into TMC 120 silicone, reservoir-type intravaginal rings (IVRs) in order to modify the controlled release ..
- The effects of excipients on transporter mediated absorptionJonathan Goole
Department of Industrial and Physical Pharmacy, College of Pharmacy, Nursing and Health Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, USA
Int J Pharm 393:17-31. 2010Traditionally most pharmaceutical excipients used for peroral dosage forms have been considered to be inert, although they have been known to play an important role in governing the release of the active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) ..
- Freeze drying of human serum albumin (HSA) nanoparticles with different excipientsMarion G Anhorn
Institute of Pharmaceutical Technology, Biocenter of Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt, Germany
Int J Pharm 363:162-9. 2008..Aim of this study was to systematically evaluate excipients for the freeze drying and long-term stability of albumin-based nanoparticles...
- CDs as solubilizers: effects of excipients and competing drugsPhatsawee Jansook
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Iceland, Hofsvallagata 53, IS 107 Reykjavik, Iceland
Int J Pharm 379:32-40. 2009In recent years cyclodextrins (CDs) have been acknowledged by the pharmaceutical industry as very useful enabling excipients for solubilization and stabilization of drugs in aqueous formulations...
- In vitro investigation on the impact of the surface-active excipients Cremophor EL, Tween 80 and Solutol HS 15 on the metabolism of midazolamRoberto C Bravo González
Discovery DMPK, F Hoffmann La Roche Ltd, Grenzacher Strasse 124, Basel, Switzerland
Biopharm Drug Dispos 25:37-49. 2004....
- The STEP (Safety and Toxicity of Excipients for Paediatrics) database: part 2 - the pilot versionSmita Salunke
Department of Pharmaceutics and Centre for Paediatric Pharmacy Research, UCL School of Pharmacy, London, United Kingdom Electronic address
Int J Pharm 457:310-22. 2013The screening and careful selection of excipients is a critical step in paediatric formulation development as certain excipients acceptable in adult formulations, may not be appropriate for paediatric use...
- Pharmaceutical excipients influence the function of human uptake transporting proteinsAnett Engel
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Ernst Moritz Arndt University Greifswald, 17487 Greifswald, Germany
Mol Pharm 9:2577-81. 2012Although pharmaceutical excipients are supposed to be pharmacologically inactive, solubilizing agents like Cremophor EL have been shown to interact with cytochrome P450 (CYP)-dependent drug metabolism as well as efflux transporters such ..
- Vascular effects of paclitaxel following drug-eluting balloon angioplasty in a porcine coronary model: the importance of excipientsPeter W Radke
Medical Clinic II, Cardiology, Angiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein, Campus Lubeck, Lubeck, Germany
EuroIntervention 7:730-7. 2011..This study evaluated potential vascular effects of paclitaxel-coated angioplasty balloons using different excipients in the absence of additional stents.
- Quantitative solubility relationships and the effect of water uptake in triglyceride/monoglyceride microemulsionsSagar S Rane
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of Kentucky, A323A, ASTeCC Building, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Pharm Res 25:1158-74. 2008..This paper aims to elucidate quantitative relationships between small molecule solubility/water-uptake in triglyceride/monoglyceride lipid formulations, the chemical structure of the solute, and the solvent composition...
- Screening method to identify preclinical liquid and semi-solid formulations for low solubility compounds: miniaturization and automation of solvent casting and dissolution testingPaul Mansky
ALZA Corporation, 1010 Joaquin Road, Mountain View, California 94043, USA
J Pharm Sci 96:1548-63. 2007..the method, two compounds (aqueous solubility </=1 microg/mL) were combined with eight solubilizing excipients, at four drug-loading levels (25, 50, 75, and 100 mg/g) and three incubation times (0.5, 2, and 24 h)...
- Development of level A, B and C in vitro-in vivo correlations for modified-release levosimendan capsulesH Kortejärvi
Orion Pharma, PO Box 65, FIN 02101, Espoo, Finland
Int J Pharm 241:87-95. 2002..Formulations F, G, H and I differed in the amounts of the delaying excipients alginic acid and HPMC...
- A comparison of commonly used polyethoxylated pharmaceutical excipients on their ability to inhibit P-glycoprotein activity in vitroErin D Hugger
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, The University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas 66047, USA
J Pharm Sci 91:1991-2002. 2002..Previous studies in our laboratory have shown that excipients such as poly(ethylene)glycol (PEG)-300, Cremophor EL, and Tween 80 inhibit P-gp activity in Caco-2 cell ..
- Cyclodextrins as functional excipients: methods to enhance complexation efficiencyThorsteinn Loftsson
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Iceland, IS 107 Reykjavik, Iceland
J Pharm Sci 101:3019-32. 2012Cyclodextrins have gained currency as useful solubilizing excipients with an ever increasing list of beneficial properties and functionalities...
- Predicting the solubility of the anti-cancer agent docetaxel in small molecule excipients using computational methodsLoan Huynh
Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Pharm Res 25:147-57. 2008To develop an in silico model that provides an accurate prediction of the relative solubility of the lipophilic anticancer agent docetaxel in various excipients.
- Use of high resolution mass spectrometry for analysis of polymeric excipients in drug delivery formulationsPilar Perez Hurtado
Department of Chemistry, University of Warwick, Coventry, United Kingdom
Anal Chem 84:8579-86. 2012Two polymeric excipients, typically used in enabling drug delivery approaches, are Gelucire 44/14 (a product of Gattefosse s...
- Hydrogels in calcium phosphate moldable and injectable bone substitutes: Sticky excipients or advanced 3-D carriers?M D'Este
AO Research Institute Davos, Clavadelerstrasse 8, Davos, Switzerland
Acta Biomater 9:5421-30. 2013..The aim of this review is to collect some recent progress in this field, with an emphasis on design aspects and possible future directions...
- A decision-support tool for the formulation of orally active, poorly soluble compoundsSébastien Branchu
Pharmaceutical and Analytical Research and Development, AstraZeneca R and D Charnwood, Bakewell Road, Loughborough, Leicestershire LE11 5RH, UK
Eur J Pharm Sci 32:128-39. 2007..The tool was tested and exhibited significant and consistent predictive ability across testing conditions. This type of tool has the potential to improve the efficiency and predictability of the formulation development process...
- Topical delivery of aceclofenac as nanoemulsion comprising excipients having optimum emulsification capabilities: preparation, characterization and in vivo evaluationSandipan Dasgupta
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Dibrugarh University, Dibrugarh 786004, Assam, India
Expert Opin Drug Deliv 10:411-20. 2013The aim of the present study was to investigate the potential of a nanoemulsion for topical delivery of aceclofenac using different excipients having optimum emulsifying ability rather than their solubilizing capacity.
- Compressed orally disintegrating tablets: excipients evolution and formulation strategiesAli Al-Khattawi
Aston University, Aston Pharmacy School, Aston Triangle, Birmingham B4 7ET, UK
Expert Opin Drug Deliv 10:651-63. 2013..Of the plethora of available technologies, compression of excipients offers a cost-effective and translatable methodology for the manufacture of ODTs.
- Parallel screening approach to identify solubility-enhancing formulations for improved bioavailability of a poorly water-soluble compound using milligram quantities of materialWei Guo Dai
ALZA Corporation, 1900 Charleston Road, Mountain View, CA 94039, USA
Int J Pharm 336:1-11. 2007..The lead compound and a panel of excipients were dissolved in n-propanol and dispensed into the wells of a 96-well microtiter plate by a TECAN robot...
- Effects of commonly used excipients on the expression of CYP3A4 in colon and liver cellsLeslie Tompkins
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Maryland School of Pharmacy, 20 Penn Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Pharm Res 27:1703-12. 2010The objective of this investigation was to assess whether common pharmaceutical excipients regulate the expression of drug-metabolizing enzymes in human colon and liver cells.
- The safety of pharmaceutical excipientsGiorgio Pifferi
Institute of Pharmaceutical and Toxicological Chemistry, V le Abruzzi 42, Milan, Italy
Farmaco 58:541-50. 2003The most important part of a medicine as far as its weight is concerned, is constituted by its excipients, which have the important functions of guaranteeing the dosage, stability and bioavailability of the active principle...
- High-throughput study of phenytoin solid dispersions: formulation using an automated solvent casting method, dissolution testing, and scaling-upValery Barillaro
Laboratory for Pharmacotechnology and Biopharmacy, K U Leuven, Gasthuisberg O and N2, Herestraat 49, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
J Comb Chem 10:637-43. 2008..Solid dispersions with 12 excipients (7 polymers and 5 surfactants) were prepared and tested...
- Physicochemical characterization of artemether solid dispersions with hydrophilic carriers by freeze dried and melt methodsMuhammad Tayyab Ansari
Department of Pharmacy, Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan, Pakistan
Arch Pharm Res 33:901-10. 2010..drug, were prepared using polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVPK25, MW 25000) and polyethyleneglycol (PEG4000, MW 4000) as excipients. These dispersions were studied by physical mixture, freeze-drying, and melting methods...
- Investigation into the influence of polymeric stabilizing excipients on inter-particulate forces in pressurised metered dose inhalersD Traini
Pharmaceutical Surface Science Research Group, Department of Pharmacy, University of Bath, Bath BA2 7AY, United Kingdom
Int J Pharm 320:58-63. 2006..In this context, the use of the colloid probe AFM technique has provided a quantitative insight into the interactions of these complex systems and may be an invaluable asset during the early phase of formulation product development...
- Nanoparticle encapsulation improves oral bioavailability of curcumin by at least 9-fold when compared to curcumin administered with piperine as absorption enhancerJ Shaikh
Department of Pharmaceutics, National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research NIPER, S A S Nagar 160062, Punjab, India
Eur J Pharm Sci 37:223-30. 2009..Together the results clearly indicate the promise of nanoparticles for oral delivery of poorly bioavailable molecules like curcumin...
- Multifunctional coprocessed excipients for improved tabletting performanceSumit Saha
National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research NIPER Ahmedabad, C o B V Patel Pharmaceutical Education and Research Development Centre, S G Highway, Thaltej, Ahmedabad 380054, India
Expert Opin Drug Deliv 6:197-208. 2009With the advancement of tablet manufacturing process, the demand of excipients with improved functionalities, mainly in terms of flow and compression properties, has increased...
- Dissolution rate enhancement of parabens in PEG solid dispersions and its influence on the release from hydrophilic matrix tabletsFarhad Tajarobi
AstraZeneca R and D, SE 431 83 Molndal, Sweden
J Pharm Sci 100:275-83. 2011..This was proposed to be an effect of differences in the dissolution and crystallization kinetics of the parabens...
- The influence of excipients on drug release from hydroxypropyl methylcellulose matricesMarina Levina
Colorcon Limited, Flagship House, Victory Way, Crossways, Dartford, Kent DA2 6QD, UK
J Pharm Sci 93:2746-54. 2004The influence of commonly used excipients, spray-dried lactose (SDL), microcrystalline cellulose (MCC), and partially pregelatinized maize starch (Starch 1500) on drug release from hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC, hypromellose) matrix ..
- In vitro and in vivo studies on chitosan beads of losartan Duolite AP143 complex, optimized by using statistical experimental designAshwini Madgulkar
AISSMS College of Pharmacy, Shivajinagar, Pune 411001, India
AAPS PharmSciTech 10:743-51. 2009..The pharmacodynamic study demonstrates steady blood pressure control for optimized formulation as compared to fluctuated blood pressure for the marketed formulation...
- Native-state solubility and transfer free energy as predictive tools for selecting excipients to include in protein formulation development studiesDouglas D Banks
Department of Drug Product Development, Amgen Inc, Seattle, Washington 98119 3105, USA
J Pharm Sci 101:2720-32. 2012..strategies, based on different aggregation models, were compared for their ability to quickly predict which excipients (cosolutes) would minimize the aggregation rate of an immunoglobulin G1 monoclonal antibody (mAb-1) stored for ..
- Behavior of uptake of moisture by drugs and excipients under accelerated conditions of temperature and humidity in the absence and the presence of light. 1. Pure anti-tuberculosis drugs and their combinationsSaranjit Singh
Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis, National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research NIPER, Sector 67, 160 062, S A S Nagar, India
Int J Pharm 245:37-44. 2002..The most interesting finding was an overall acceleration of weight gain in the presence of light as compared with dark conditions, which is a hitherto unknown phenomenon...
- Novel buccal adhesive system for anti-hypertensive agent nimodipineNisreen Hassan
Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmacy, Jamia Hamdard, Hamdard Nagar, New Delhi, India
Pharm Dev Technol 15:124-30. 2010..It can be considered that NBAS is a superior, novel system that overcomes the drawback associated with the conventional buccal adhesive tablet...
- Metabolic inhibition and kinetics of raloxifene by pharmaceutical excipients in human liver microsomesAe Ra Kim
National Research Laboratory for Bioavailability Control, College of Pharmacy, Kangwon National University, Chuncheon, Republic of Korea
Int J Pharm 368:37-44. 2009..undertaken to establish the in vitro metabolic conditions and then evaluate the effect of pharmaceutical excipients (PEs) on drug metabolism in uridine diphosphoglucuronic acid-supplemented human liver microsomes...
- Simultaneously manufactured nano-in-micro (SIMANIM) particles for dry-powder modified-release delivery of antibodiesRichard S Kaye
Centre for Drug Delivery Research, The School of Pharmacy, University of London, 29 39 Brunswick Square, London WC1N 1AX, UK
J Pharm Sci 98:4055-68. 2009....
- Formulation and in vitro evaluation of ofloxacin-ethocel controlled release matrix tablets prepared by wet granulation method: influence of co-excipients on drug release ratesShefaatullah Shah
Drug Delivery Research Center, Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmacy, Gomal University, Dera Ismail Khan, Pakistan
Pak J Pharm Sci 24:255-61. 2011..F1 dissimilarity factor and f2 similarity factor were applied to the formulations for the checking of dissimilarities and similarities between the tested formulations and reference standard...
- Release of indomethacin from ultrasound dry granules containing lactose-based excipientsCristina Cavallari
Dipartimento di Scienze Farmaceutiche, Universita di Bologna, Italy
J Control Release 102:39-47. 2005Physical mixtures were prepared containing indomethacin and beta-lactose and alpha-lactose-based excipients (Ludipress and Cellactose)...
- Effects of excipients on the hydrogen peroxide-induced oxidation of methionine residues in granulocyte colony-stimulating factorJin Yin
Department of Chemical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Pharm Res 22:141-7. 2005The objective of this study was to elucidate the different mechanisms of action of different excipients on the oxidation of Met1, Met122, Met127, and Met138 in granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (G-CSF) by using hydrogen peroxide as ..
- Severe skin reaction due to excipients of an oral iron treatmentA Rogkakou
Allergy and Respiratory Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, Padiglione Maragliano, Genoa, Italy
Allergy 62:334-5. 2007
- Supersaturating drug delivery systems: effect of hydrophilic cyclodextrins and other excipients on the formation and stabilization of supersaturated drug solutionsM E Brewster
Pharmaceutical Sciences, Johnson and Johnson Pharmaceutical Research and Development, a Division of Janssen Pharmaceutica, Beerse, Belgium
Pharmazie 63:217-20. 2008..To this end, a series of excipients was tested in a co-solvent/solvent quench method to assess their ability to attain and maintain supersaturation ..
- Evaluation of the moisture sorption behaviour of several excipients by BET, GAB and microcalorimetric approachesRobert Roskar
Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Ljubljana, Askerceva 7, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 53:662-5. 2005..obtained data, both methods were applied in the present work to evaluate the sorption characteristics of several excipients. Microcalorimetric analysis was also performed in order to evaluate the interaction between water and the ..
- Experimental observations of dry powder inhaler dose fluidisationRob Tuley
Mechanical Engineering Department, Imperial College London, UK
Int J Pharm 358:238-47. 2008..Further analysis of the four powder types by an annular shear cell showed that the fluidisation mechanism cannot be predicted using bulk powder properties...
- Influence of storage relative humidity on the dispersion of salmeterol xinafoate powders for inhalationShyamal Das
Drug Delivery, Disposition and Dynamics, Monash Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Monash University Parkville Campus, 381 Royal Parade, Victoria 3052, Australia
J Pharm Sci 98:1015-27. 2009....
- Thiolated chitosans: useful excipients for oral drug deliveryMartin Werle
ThioMatrix GmbH, Research Center Innsbruck, Mitterweg 24, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
J Pharm Pharmacol 60:273-81. 2008....
- Solid state interaction of raloxifene HCl with different hydrophilic carriers during co-grinding and its effect on dissolution rateAnuj Garg
Department of Pharmaceutics, Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 35:455-70. 2009..In vitro dissolution data can be described by Hixson-Crowell model, indicating the drug release mechanism predominated by erosion...
- An investigation into the usefulness of generalized regression neural network analysis in the development of level A in vitro-in vivo correlationJelena Parojcic
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Belgrade, Vojvode Stepe 450, 11221 Belgrade, Serbia
Eur J Pharm Sci 30:264-72. 2007....
- Pluronic-g-poly(acrylic acid) copolymers as novel excipients for site specific, sustained release tabletsRafael Barreiro-Iglesias
Departamento de Farmacia y Tecnologia Farmaceutica, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad de Santiago de Compostela, 15782 Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Eur J Pharm Sci 26:374-85. 2005..copolymers comprising Pluronic (PEO-PPO-PEO) surfactants covalently conjugated with poly(acrylic acid) (PAA) as excipients for sustained-release tablets was explored...
- Agglomerate properties and dispersibility changes of salmeterol xinafoate from powders for inhalation after storage at high relative humidityShyamal Das
Drug Delivery, Disposition and Dynamics, Monash Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Monash University Parkville Campus, 381 Royal Parade, Victoria 3052, Australia
Eur J Pharm Sci 37:442-50. 2009..This study investigated changes in agglomeration and the mechanism of dispersibility decrease of salmeterol xinafoate (SX) from SX-lactose mixtures for inhalation after storage at 75% RH for 3 months...
- Nebulization of ultradeformable liposomes: the influence of aerosolization mechanism and formulation excipientsAbdelbary M A Elhissi
Institute of Nanotechnology and Bioengineering, University of Central Lancashire, Preston PR1 2HE, United Kingdom
Int J Pharm 436:519-26. 2012....
- Cyclodextrins: more than pharmaceutical excipientsF J Otero-Espinar
Departamento de Farmacia y Tecnologia Farmaceutica, Facultad de Farmacia, Campus Universitario sur s n 15782 Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Mini Rev Med Chem 10:715-25. 2010Cyclodextrins are pharmaceutical excipients used to enhance the solubility, stability, safety and bioavailability of drugs...
- Transformation of pharmaceutical compounds upon milling and comilling: the role of T(g)M Descamps
Laboratoire de Dynamique et Structure des Materiaux Moleculaires, UMR, CNRS 8024, University of Lille1, Bat P5 59655 Villeneuve d Ascq Cedex, France
J Pharm Sci 96:1398-407. 2007..Other results are also presented, which demonstrate the possibility for milling to form low temperature solid-state alloys that offer new promising ways to stabilize amorphous molecular solids...
- Novel multifunctional pharmaceutical excipients derived from microcrystalline cellulose-starch microparticulate composites prepared by compatibilized reactive polymer blendingPhilip F Builders
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology and Raw Materials Development, National Institute for Pharmaceutical Research and Development, Abuja, Nigeria
Int J Pharm 388:159-67. 2010The choice of excipients remains a critical factor in pharmaceutical formulations...
- Toxicity of excipients--a Food and Drug Administration perspectiveRobert E Osterberg
Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, US Food and Drug Administration, Rockville, Maryland 20850, USA
Int J Toxicol 22:377-80. 2003b>Excipients are essential components of drug products. They are also potential toxicants...
- The use of unallowed excipientsMarshall Steinberg
International Pharmaceutical Excipient Council, Arlington, Virginia, USA
Int J Toxicol 22:373-5. 2003The laws governing the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) do not provide for the approval of stand-alone excipients. Current regulations do not permit the use of excipients, but allow their use...
- Fast assessment of the surface distribution of API and excipients in tablets using NIR-hyperspectral imagingFelicidad Franch-Lage
Departament de Quimica, Unitat de Quimica Analitica, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain
Int J Pharm 411:27-35. 2011..The correct distribution not only of active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) but also of the rest of excipients is essential to assure the correct behavior of the tablet when ingested...
- Investigating the in vitro drug release kinetics from controlled release diclofenac potassium-ethocel matrix tablets and the influence of co-excipients on drug release patternsShefaat Ullah Shah
Drug Delivery Research Center, Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmacy, Gomal University, Dera Ismail Khan KPK, Pakistan
Pak J Pharm Sci 24:183-92. 2011....
- Role of excipients in the quantification of water in lyophilised mixtures using NIR spectroscopyHolger Grohganz
Department of Pharmaceutics and Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Universitetsparken 2, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Pharm Biomed Anal 49:901-7. 2009..The ratio of these common excipients influences a critical quality attribute of the system, namely the overall amount of water, due to the different ..
- The effects of pharmaceutical excipients on drug dispositionTalia R Buggins
Welsh School of Pharmacy, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 59:1482-503. 2007Many new chemical entities are poorly soluble, requiring the use of co-solvents or excipients to produce suitable intravenous formulations for early pre-clinical development studies...
- Active and passive immunity, vaccine types, excipients and licensingDavid Baxter
Epidemiology and Health Sciences, Stopford Building, Manchester University Medical School, Oxford Road, Manchester, UK
Occup Med (Lond) 57:552-6. 2007....
- Investigation of nanocapsules stabilization by amorphous excipients during freeze-drying and storageWassim Abdelwahed
Universite Claude Bernard Lyon 1, Villeurbanne Cedex, France
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 63:87-94. 2006..Such adsorption must be avoided in the case of freeze-drying of immuno-nanoparticles to preserve the native structure of proteins attached to their surface...
- Comparison of the effect of two excipients (karite nut butter and vaseline) on the efficacy of Cocos nucifera, Elaeis guineensis and Carapa procera oil-based repellents formulations against mosquitoes biting in Ivory CoastY L Konan
Pierre Richet Institute, 01 BP 1500 Bouaké 01, Ivory Coast
Parasite 10:181-4. 2003..and Carapa procera (gobi) were effective against mosquitoes, it became necessary to study the impact of the two excipients used in their manufacture, on the effectiveness of the repellents...
- Predicting the formation and stability of amorphous small molecule binary mixtures from computationally determined Flory-Huggins interaction parameter and phase diagramKatja Pajula
School of Pharmacy and Department of Physics and Mathematics, University of Eastern Finland, P O Box 1627, FI 70211 Kuopio, Finland
Mol Pharm 7:795-804. 2010..The method described can enable fast screening of the potential stabilizers needed to produce a stable amorphous binary mixture...
- Recent advances in pharmacokinetics of polymeric excipients used in nanosized anti-cancer drugsNguyen Van Cuong
Department of Biomedical Engineering and R and D Center for Biomedical Microdevice Technology, Chung Yuan Christian University, Chung Li, Taiwan, Republic of China
Curr Drug Metab 10:842-50. 2009..Their derivatives are also analyzed. Additionally, some diseases with very good responsiveness are aslo reported...
- Formulation and characterization of ternary solid dispersions made up of Itraconazole and two excipients, TPGS 1000 and PVPVA 64, that were selected based on a supersaturation screening studySandrien Janssens
Laboratorium voor Farmacotechnologie en Biofarmacie, Catholic University of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 69:158-66. 2008..The precipitation after 1h, however, is probably due to the combination of the surfactant properties of TPGS and the small crystalline Itraconazole fraction...
- Effect of pharmaceutical excipients on aqueous stability of rabeprazole sodiumShan Ren
College of Pharmacy, Kangwon National University, Chuncheon 200 701, South Korea
Int J Pharm 350:197-204. 2008..8) containing various 'Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS)'-listed excipients, including Brij 58, Poloxamer 188, Cremophor RH40, Gelucire 44/14 and PEG 6000...
- Scanning probe microscopy in the field of drug deliveryYa Tsz A Turner
Laboratory of Biophysics and Surface Analysis, School of Pharmacy, The University of Nottingham, NG7 2RD, UK
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 59:1453-73. 2007..In formulation, the use of SPMs in different drug delivery systems is discussed in light of different host entry routes...
- Novel methods for the assessment of miscibility of amorphous drug-polymer dispersionsIgor Ivanisevic
J Pharm Sci 98:3373-86. 2009..It is proposed that the NN coordination number is related to physical stability...
- Near-Infrared VCD of Chiral PharmaceuticalsLaurence Nafie; Fiscal Year: 2004..analytical measures of first pure chiral pharmaceutical samples, including protein pharmaceuticals, and then excipients of various kinds...
- Development of liposomal fenretinide and safingolWilliam Ernst; Fiscal Year: 2004..Attempts to solubilize fenretinide with standard excipients (e.g. Cremophor-EL) have lead to toxic side effects in rodents and dogs...
- Development of Montelukast Delivery System for Childhood AsthmaJe Phil Ryoo; Fiscal Year: 2013..the drug together with Bio-FX oral cavity absorption enhancers, polymer carriers, taste-masking agents and other excipients, and display many advantages including fast onset and improved bioavailability, as well as less GI tract and ..
- Preclinical Development of a Novel and Effective Treatment for CoughBlake M Paterson; Fiscal Year: 2011..The research strategy utilizes the combined expertise and resources of CBDM and JHMI. For Aim 1, we will screen excipients listed in the FDA Inactive Ingredient List for their ability to accelerate MMT kinetics using in vitro ..
- Optimization of Protein Therapeutics FormulationsLawrence J Delucas; Fiscal Year: 2012..protein by measuring the second virial coefficient (B-value) for the protein in solutions containing different excipients. In addition to developing the 3rd generation system, a second area with significant commercial potential will ..
- Oral paclitaxel solubilized and bioenhanced by food compound for cancer therapyZhijun Liu; Fiscal Year: 2013..offers great advantages to cancer patients, including the minimization or elimination of infusion-procedure- and excipients-induced side effects (e.g., nausea, hypersensitivity reactions) and significant cost savings...
- Development of Age-Appropriate Fast Disintegrating Pediatric Granules and TabletsMOJI ADEYEYE; Fiscal Year: 2009..In Specific Aim 1, interaction of drugs with excipients such as sweeteners (e.g., saccharin, sucralose, sucrose) and diluents/binder (e.g...
- Effective Delivery of Pharmaceutical Aerosols during Non-Invasive VentilationP Worth Longest; Fiscal Year: 2012..aerosol is delivered with a saturated or supersaturated warm airstream and/or with the inclusion of hygroscopic excipients in order to foster condensational growth, leading to increased aerosol size and pulmonary deposition...
- Development of stable and rapidly acting adjuvanted vaccines for biodefenseROBERT NEWTON BREY; Fiscal Year: 2013..This will be accomplished by using a drying technology and excipients that prevent the aggregation of aluminum adjuvant particles during freeze-drying and subsequent storage, while ..
- Functionalized Micellar Nanocarriers for Targeted Cancer TherapyChalet Tan; Fiscal Year: 2010..of 17-AAG have been hampered owing to its severe hepatotoxicity as well as the large amount of toxic organic excipients used in the current intravenous formulations...
- Oral transmucosal drug delivery system for naltrexoneHOCK SENG TAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..The naltrexone ODF is a small, thin, and flexible film, containing naltrexone hydrochloride and other excipients. It is applied intra-orally and adheres to the oral mucosa to affect a rapid onset of action due to oral mucosal ..
- DRUG METABOLISM BY INTESTINAL FLAVIN MONOOXYGENASESROSITA PROTEAU; Fiscal Year: 2001..Recently, patents have been filed which incorporate flavonoids as excipients in pharmaceutical formulations with the intent to alter drug absorption characteristics within the intestine...
- TAS::75 0849::TAS PURIFICATION, REFORMULATION AND PHARMACOKINETICS OF NITROSYLCOJoseph Bauer; Fiscal Year: 2010..A variety of excipients will be used to design test formulations for their ability to achieve an optimized PK profile and work ..
- A Thermostable Measles VaccineJeffrey K Griffiths; Fiscal Year: 2010..In this re-application, we focus our efforts on the development of the measles vaccine itself using accepted excipients. In consultations with WHO and others, we have learned that if our approach is successful, it will be viewed as ..
- Drug-Dietary Flavonoid Intestinal Absorption InteractionROSITA PROTEAU; Fiscal Year: 2002..Furthermore, patents have been filed which incorporate flavonoids as excipients in pharmaceutical formations with the intent to alter drug absorption...
- High Capacity Nanocarriers for Cancer ChemotherapeuticsAlexander V Kabanov; Fiscal Year: 2013..The micelles will carry paclitaxel and docetaxel using drastically less amount of excipients relative to current formulations. Hence, excipient-associated toxicities will be decreased...
- Protein Stabilization in Ionic LiquidsGloria Elliott; Fiscal Year: 2009..salts, sugars, amino acids, and biomolecules that exist in nature - many of which have already been approved as excipients. The exciting feature of ILs is that, because they consist of chemically distinct ions, the hydrogen-bonding ..
- 2-D Diffusion Assay on Polymer Brush for POC Cardiac Infarction DiagnosisAshutosh Chilkoti; Fiscal Year: 2013..stable" spots of capture antibodies (Abc) and "soluble" spots of detection reagents that are printed with excipients so that they dissolve upon contact with blood...
- Asthma Treatment with a Novel Drug Aerosol GeneratorWilliam Shen; Fiscal Year: 2004..All current inhalation delivery systems contain significant amounts of excipients; excipients in pulmonary delivery may induce airway hypersensitivity...
- Development of concentrated and rapidly absorbed insulins for closed loop systemsRoderike Pohl; Fiscal Year: 2013..proposes to optimize multiple pH 7 aqueous formulations of concentrated recombinant human insulin together with excipients which in U-100 formulations have been shown to be ultra-rapid acting, to provide a minimum of 18 month stability ..
- Topical Salicylanilides to Treat Diabetic Foot UlcerJoseph Dunn; Fiscal Year: 2002..topical anti-inflammatory activity, and preliminary formulation studies to accessibility and compatibility with excipients and solubilizing agents...
- TOPICAL DRUG DELIVERY FOR GASTRIC H. PYLORI INFECTIONCatherine Woods; Fiscal Year: 2000..Two classes of formulations are to be evaluated: poloxamers containing different excipients and fluorocarbon-hydrocarbon diblocks containing medium chain triglycerides...
- Treatment of Migraine Attacks by Drug Aerosol InhalationJoshua Rabinowitz; Fiscal Year: 2002..by ALEXZA's novel aerosol generation approach, which can produce very small particle aerosols without using any excipients or entrainers. Our technique has already proven to be successful on several FDA drugs...
- Rapid Quality Control Technology for Biodefense VaccinesBoris Zaslavsky; Fiscal Year: 2002..Issues such as the effects of various excipients, pH, salts, and lyophilization would be examined...
- Inhaled dopamine agonist for late stage ParkinsonismJoshua Rabinowitz; Fiscal Year: 2003..aerosol generation method that produces very small particles for efficient deep lung inhalation without any excipients or entrainers...
- Mucoadhesive buprenorphine for opioid addiction therapySudip Das; Fiscal Year: 2003..of this proposal include the formulation of dosage forms of buprenorphine with mucoadhesive polymers and other excipients using a statistical design, followed by in vitro screening of physicochemical characteristics, mucoadhesive ..
- LYOPHILIZATION OF NONVIRAL GENE DELIVERY SYSTEMSTHOMAS ANCHORDOQUY; Fiscal Year: 2002..The work described in this proposal will test whether the mechanisms employed by excipients to stabilize other biopharmaceuticals in the dried state are applicable to macromolecular complexes used in gene ..
- PRECLINICAL DEVELOP. OF A NEW DRUG FOR PCP AND MALARIAMahmoud Elsohly; Fiscal Year: 2001..of the GMP drug substance NPC1161B, assess compatibility of the drug with commonly used capsule formation excipients; 2) Evaluate the stereoisomers of NPC1161 (NCP1161A and NCP1161B) in primate models for relative antimalarial ..
- Quality by Design of orally inhaled drug products: Chemistry, Manufacturing and CRobert Price; Fiscal Year: 2011..and critical quality attributes (CQAs) of raw materials (both the active pharmaceutical ingredient and excipients) is critical to the successful development of a safe and efficacious DPI product...
- Novel Inhalation System for Delivering Vapor-State DrugsDaniel Mufson; Fiscal Year: 2002..The inhaler is the first to deliver vapor-state drug without excipients. The inhaled, reproducible dose will be absorbed from the lung rapidly with high bioavailability, providing ..
- BIOERODIBLE NARCOTIC ANTAGONIST DELIVERY DEVICEJorge Heller; Fiscal Year: 1990..poly(ortho esters) are acid sensitive rate of hydrolysis can be controlled by means of incorporated acidic excipients or by copolymerized monomers that contain pendant carboxylic acid groups...
- CONTROLLED RELEASE OF MACROMOLECULESRobert Langer; Fiscal Year: 2001..of dehydration method, DNA packing, DNA hydration, and DNA conformation, (2) Identify new DNA stabilizing excipients or excipient combinations, 3) identify the principal non- enzymatic degradation pathways of supercoiled, nicked ..
- MIXED CRYSTAL GROWTH FOR BIOPHARMACEUTICAL STABILIZATIONBart Kahr; Fiscal Year: 1999..The general aims of this R21 pilot project concern stabilization of biopharmaceutical (protein) drugs in excipients for pharmaceutical formulations that would have increased shelf line and not require refrigeration...
- FORMULATION FOR IMPROVED OPHTHALMIC ANTIBIOTIC EFFICACYS Chandrasekaran; Fiscal Year: 1990..This Phase I proposal involves selecting the appropriate combination of polymers and other vehicle excipients to form a sustained release formulation compatible with a broad spectrum drug such as tobramycin, an anti-..
- Topical Microbicides for Prevention of STDs/HIVSharon Hillier; Fiscal Year: 2003..of hydrophilic and lipophilic substances across vaginal and cervical tissue, describe the effects of formulation excipients on normal flora organisms, genital pathogens and HIV, and employ basic pharmaceutical techniques to develop a ..
- Development of NNRTI's as Combination MicrobicidesSharon Hillier; Fiscal Year: 2006..In Project 3, Drs. Lisa Rohan and Charles Isaacs will seek to develop combinations of other active agents and excipients to be used with UC781. In Project 4, Dr...
- FORMULATION FOR MUCOSAL IMMUNIZATION AGAINST HIVAdrian Bot; Fiscal Year: 2001..Variants engineered with immune modulatory excipients like mannose-receptor binding carbohydrates dendritic cell chemokines, Th1-promoting or IgA-inducing cytokines ..
- FLP-102: Rationally Engineered Antiviral ProteinOSMOND D CRUZ; Fiscal Year: 2003..The preclinical data on FLP-102 will be essential to further explore the utility of this novel recombinant PAP mutant for Phase II. ..
- PHI 346: A Novel Dual-Function MicrobicideOSMOND D CRUZ; Fiscal Year: 2003..Following successful completion of the Phase I in vivo efficacy studies, gel formulation of PHI-346 will be further explored as a vaginal dual-function microbicide in Phase II. ..
- Polymer Based Gene DeliveryAlexander V Kabanov; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will be conducted in collaboration with a co- investigator at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center who has expertise in pre-clinical and clinical DNA immunizations against malignant melanoma. ..
- PHI-443: Novel Non-Spermicidal Anti-HIV MicrobicideOSMOND D CRUZ; Fiscal Year: 2003..Specific Aims 1 and 2 may provide the foundation for the clinical development of PHI-443 in Phase II studies as a safe, effective broad-spectrum anti-HIV microbicide without conception-inhibiting functions. ..
- Stampidine: A Novel Broad-Spectrum Anti-HIV MicrobicideOSMOND D CRUZ; Fiscal Year: 2005..Specific Aims 1 and 2 may provide the foundation for the clinical development of STAMP in Phase II studies as a safe, effective broad-spectrum anti-HIV microbicide without conception-inhibiting functions. ..
- 6th International Nanomedicine and Drug Delivery SymposiumAlexander Kabanov; Fiscal Year: 2008..e. graduate students and post-doctoral fellows) to present their research at the international level and interact with other new promising investigators and world-renowned scientists. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- METVAN: A Novel Anticancer AgentOSMOND D CRUZ; Fiscal Year: 2003..The knowledge gained from these studies described under Specific Aims 1-2 is expected to facilitate the design of innovative treatment regimens employing METVAN for metastatic breast cancer and brain tumor patients. ..
- NOVEL CONTRACEPTIVES WITH ANTI-HIV ACTIVITYOSMOND D CRUZ; Fiscal Year: 2001..The preclinical data on in vivo efficacies of WHI-05 and WHI-07 will be essential to further explore the utility of these novel drugs for clinical studies in human patients. ..
- Vanadocenes as a New Class of Spermicidal DrugsOSMOND D CRUZ; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Fourth International Nanomedicine and Drug Delivery SymposiumAlexander Kabanov; Fiscal Year: 2006..In the final analysis achieving the aim of the conference will contribute to the development of novel nanoscale delivery technologies for diagnostics and therapeutics that address unmet clinical needs. [unreadable]..
- Interactions of Block Copolymers in Blood Brain BarrierAlexander Kabanov; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Phase II SBIR: WHI-07: A Novel Dual-Function MicrobicideOSMOND D CRUZ; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Digoxin Chiral Isolates as Improved PharmaceuticalsJohn Somberg; Fiscal Year: 2005..The advantage would be a treatment for AF that did not cause cardiac augmentation and vasoconstriction or a treatment for CHF that does not cause heart rate slowing or conduction disturbances. ..
- Combined Chemoprevention Using a Nanotechnology-based Therapeutic SystemSunil Prabhu; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Anti-HIV Microbicide: Cellulose Acetate Phthalate (CAP)A Robert Neurath; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed research is expected to help transform this ideal into a reality. ..
- Elucidation of the Lipoxygenase-Mediated Pathway of Lun*PAUL MYRDAL; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Proteomics of Cerebrospinal Fluid in Chronic Fatigue SyndromeJames Baraniuk; Fiscal Year: 2009..These methods and biomarkers may be of diagnostic value. They will be useful for assessing longitudinal changes in disease severity, phenotype, or the effects of treatment. ..
- Virus-Receptor Interaction and CYP3A ExpressionMaria Croyle; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- ANTIBODY-TARGETED POLYMERIC SYSTEMS FOR TUMOR IMAGINGVladimir Torchilin; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Non-Viral Vectors for Liver Gene TransferFeng Liu; Fiscal Year: 2006..The therapeutic effects on the metabolic disease on phenylketonuria (PKU) mice, will be examined after the PAH gene transfer using the approach in this proposal. ..
- Long-Circulating Polymer-Modified LiposomesVladimir Torchilin; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- DESIGN AND SYNTHESIS OF NONPEPTIDE PROTEASE INHIBITORSArun K Ghosh; Fiscal Year: 2010..This research integrates organic synthesis, protein-ligand x-ray crystallography, molecular modeling and in-depth virus and cell-biological studies to design the next generation of HIV-1 protease inhibitors. ..
- EGFR Targeted Nanoparticles to Overcome Paclitaxel Resistant Breast CancerRUSSELL MUMPER; Fiscal Year: 2009..The innovation of this proposal relates to nanotemplate engineering of biocompatible nanoparticles, overcoming multi- drug resistance, and the use of nanotechnology to engineer a cell-targeted cancer therapy. ..
- Drug Transporters and the Disposition of ADHD Therapeutic AgentsJohn S Markowitz; Fiscal Year: 2010....