Summary: Materials or substances used in the composition of traditional medical remedies. The use of this term in MeSH was formerly restricted to historical articles or those concerned with traditional medicine, but it can also refer to homeopathic remedies. Nosodes are specific types of homeopathic remedies prepared from causal agents or disease products.
Publications256 found, 100 shown here
- All evidence is equal, but some evidence is more equal than others: can logic prevail over emotion in the homeopathy debate?Iris R Bell
J Altern Complement Med 11:763-9. 2005
- The use of homeopathic combination remedy for dengue fever symptoms: a pilot RCT in HondurasJ Jacobs
Department of Epidemiology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Homeopathy 96:22-6. 2007..The small sample size makes conclusions difficult, but the results of this study do not suggest that this combination homeopathic remedy is effective for the symptoms that are characteristic of dengue fever...
- In vivo treatment of melanoma (B16F10) with a homeopathic agent and with a cytokine (IFN-alpha)Fernando Pascual-Carpe
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Murcia University, Espinardo Campus, 30100 Murcia, Spain
Oncol Res 16:211-6. 2006..An antitumour effect was displayed by both agents, as was the cytotoxicity of INF-alpha and the immune response-stimulating effect of Lymphomyosot...
- The vital sensation of the minerals: reducing uncertainty in homeopathic prescribingE A Thompson
Bristol Homeopathic Hospital, United Bristol Healthcare Trust, Cotham Hill, Bristol BS6 6JU, UK
Homeopathy 96:102-7. 2007..By synthesizing information relating to the concepts of vital sensation and kingdom we can reduce uncertainly in homeopathic prescribing...
- Good practice in reviewing and publishing studies on herbal medicine, with special emphasis on traditional Chinese medicine and Chinese materia medicaKelvin Chan
Centre for Complementary Medicine Research, University of Western Sydney, NSW 2560, Australia
J Ethnopharmacol 140:469-75. 2012..The recommendations also provide a template for the evaluation of other types of traditional medicine such as Ayurveda, Kampo and Unani...
- A comparison of medicinal plant use in Sardinia and Sicily-De Materia Medica revisited?Marco Leonti
Dipartimento Farmaco Chimico Tecnologico, Universita di Cagliari, Facolta di Farmacia, Via Ospedale 72, 09124 Cagliari CA, Italy
J Ethnopharmacol 121:255-67. 2009..Here, we explore the common fundament of traditional knowledge for the medicinal plant uses in Sardinia and Sicily by comparing the selection of medicinal species and specific uses with those of Dioscorides' De Materia Medica.
- The rise of traditional Chinese medicine and its materia medica: a comparison of the frequency and safety of materials and species used in Europe and ChinaElizabeth M Williamson
University of Reading School of Pharmacy, Whiteknights, Reading, Berkshire, UK
J Ethnopharmacol 149:453-62. 2013Due to the global rise in the use of traditional Chinese medicine (TCM), Chinese materia medica (medicinal materials, or CMM) are giving cause for concern over their evidence base, safety/possible toxicity, questionable quality and use of ..
- Traditional toxicity documentation of Chinese Materia Medica--an overviewAlbert Y Leung
Phyto Technologies, Inc, Woodbine, Iowa, 51579, USA
Toxicol Pathol 34:319-26. 2006Documentation of Chinese materia medica (CMM) dates back to around 1,100 BC when only dozens of drugs were first described. By the end of the 16th century, the number of drugs documented had reached close to 1,900...
- Phytochemistry and pharmacogenomics of natural products derived from traditional Chinese medicine and Chinese materia medica with activity against tumor cellsThomas Efferth
German Cancer Research Centre, Pharmaceutical Biology C015, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Mol Cancer Ther 7:152-61. 2008..By COMPARE and hierarchical cluster analyses, candidate genes were identified, which significantly predicted sensitivity or resistance of cell lines to miltirone...
- A unique issue in the standardization of Chinese materia medica: processingZhongzhen Zhao
School of Chinese Medicine, Hong Kong Baptist University, Kowloon, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, P R China
Planta Med 76:1975-86. 2010Processing of Chinese Materia Medica (CMM) is a pharmaceutical technique to fulfill the different requirements of therapy, dispensing and making preparations according to traditional Chinese medicine theory...
- [AAPH scavenging activities of 22 flavonoids and phenolic acids and 9 extracts of Chinese materia medica]Huiqing Dai
Institute of Chinese Materia Medica, China Academy of Chinese Medical Sciences, Beijing 100700, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 35:2296-302. 2010To investigate the AAPH scavenging activities of 22 flavonoids and phenolic acids and 9 extracts of Chinese materia medica.
- [Study on differences between pharmacokinetics and chromatopharmacodynamics for Chinese materia medica formulae]Fuyuan He
Property and pharmacodaynamic Key laboratory of TCMM, State Administration of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Department of Pharmaceutics, Hunan University of Tradition Chinese Medicine, Changsha 410208, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 36:136-41. 2011..chromatography) and chromatopharmacodynamics (pharmacodynamics with fingerprint chromatography) of Chinese materia medica formulae to answer the question whether the pharmacokinetic parameters of multiple composites can be utilized ..
- Complexity science and homeopathy: a synthetic overviewP Bellavite
Dipartimento di Scienze Morfologico Biomediche, University of Verona Ospedale Policlinico, Piazza L A Scuro, 37134 Verona, Italy
Homeopathy 92:203-12. 2003....
- The placebo-controlled trial as a test of complementary and alternative medicine: observations from research experience of individualised homeopathic treatmentE Weatherley-Jones
Medical Care Research Unit, School of Health and Related Research, University of Sheffield, UK
Homeopathy 93:186-9. 2004..Only with such trials will the results be generalisable to homeopathic practice in the real world. The authors propose that comparative trials are a meaningful way of evaluating the effectiveness of homeopathic treatment...
- Stimulation of lymphocyte anti-melanoma activity by co-cultured macrophages activated by complex homeopathic medicationFernando S F Guimarães
Departamento de Biologia Celular, Laboratorio de Pesquisa em Celulas Inflamatorias e Neoplasicas, Universidade Federal do Parana UFPR, Curitiba PR, Brazil
BMC Cancer 9:293. 2009..Previous studies in mice have demonstrated that the CHM activates macrophages, induces an increase in the number of leukocytes and improves the murine response against Sarcoma-180...
- The 'Memory of Water': an almost deciphered enigma. Dissipative structures in extremely dilute aqueous solutionsV Elia
Dipto di Chimica, Universita Federico II di Napoli, Complesso Universitario di Monte S Angelo, Via Cintia, 80126 Napoli, Italy
Homeopathy 96:163-9. 2007..These new experimental results strongly suggest the presence of an extended and 'ordered' dynamics involving liquid water molecules...
- The Memory of Water: an overviewMartin F Chaplin
Department of Applied Science, London South Bank University, Borough Road, London, SE1 0AA, UK
Homeopathy 96:143-50. 2007..There are also mechanisms by which such solutions may possess effects on biological systems which substantially differ from plain water. This paper examines the evidence...
- Phagocytosis, endosomal/lysosomal system and other cellularaspects of macrophage activation by Canova medicationLuciana Lopes
Laboratório de Estudos de Células Inflamatórias e Neoplásicas, Departamento de Biologia Celular, Universidade Federal do Parana, Brazil
Micron 37:277-87. 2006..In contrast, the activity of tartrate resistant acid phosphatase (TRAP), is lower in Canova treated macrophages. The net results demonstrate that Canova medication is an effective stimulator of macrophage activity...
- Canova, a Brazilian medical formulation, alters oxidative metabolism of mice macrophagesCarolina C de Oliveira
Laboratório de Estudos de Células Inflamatórias e Neoplásicas, Departamento de Biologia Celular, SCB, Universidade Federal do Parana, Curitiba, PR, Brasil
J Infect 52:420-32. 2006..CA can be considered as a new adjuvant therapeutic approach to known therapies...
- Reconstructed materia medica of the Medieval and Ottoman al-ShamEfraim Lev
Jordan Valley College, University of Haifa, Haifa, Israel
J Ethnopharmacol 80:167-79. 2002..Our main goal was to arrive at a reconstruction of the unwritten materia medica of the medieval and Ottoman Levant...
- Homeopathy has clinical benefits in rheumatoid arthritis patients that are attributable to the consultation process but not the homeopathic remedy: a randomized controlled clinical trialSarah Brien
Complementary and Integrated Medicine Research Unit, Primary Medical Care, Aldermoor Health Centre, Aldermoor Close, Southampton SO16 5ST, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 50:1070-82. 2011..To assess whether any benefits from adjunctive homeopathic intervention in patients with RA are due to the homeopathic consultation, homeopathic remedies or both...
- Understanding the traditional aspect of Chinese medicine in order to achieve meaningful quality control of Chinese materia medicaPei shan Xie
Zhuhai Chromap Institute of Herbal Medicine Research, Zhuhai 519085, China
J Chromatogr A 1216:1933-40. 2009..Chinese materia medica or CMM) lack comprehensiveness and practicability...
- Efficacy of homeopathic therapy in cancer treatmentStefania Milazzo
Department of Complementary Medicine, Peninsula Medical School, Universities of Exeter and Plymouth, Institute of Health and Social Care, 25 Victoria Park Road, Exeter EX2 4NT, United Kingdom
Eur J Cancer 42:282-9. 2006..Our analysis of published literature on homeopathy found insufficient evidence to support clinical efficacy of homeopathic therapy in cancer care...
- Healing with animals in the Levant from the 10th to the 18th centuryEfraim Lev
Dep of Erets Israel Studies and School of Public Health, University of Haifa, Haifa, 31905, Israel
J Ethnobiol Ethnomed 2:11. 2006..Changes in the moral outlook of modern societies caused the use of several substances of animal origin to cease in the course of history. These include mummy, silkworm, stinkbug, scarabees, snail, scorpion, and triton...
- Methodological difficulties in homeopathic treatment of children with ADD/ADHDHeiner Frei
J Altern Complement Med 12:104; author reply 104. 2006
- Homeopathy for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a pilot randomized-controlled trialJennifer Jacobs
Department of Epidemiology, University of Washington School of Public Health and Community Medicine, Seattle, WA, USA
J Altern Complement Med 11:799-806. 2005..The aim of this study was to carry out a preliminary trial evaluating the effectiveness of homeopathy in the treatment of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)...
- Drugs held and sold by pharmacists of the Jewish community of medieval (11-14th centuries) Cairo according to lists of materia medica found at the Taylor-Schechter Genizah collection, CambridgeEfraim Lev
Department of Eretz Israel Studies and School of Public Health, University of Haifa, Haifa, Israel
J Ethnopharmacol 110:275-93. 2007..The most frequently mentioned substance were myrobalan (27), pepper and saffron (21), lentisk (15), almond, basil, rose, rosemary (14), cattle products, camphor and spikenard (13)...
- Electroencephalographic cordance patterns distinguish exceptional clinical responders with fibromyalgia to individualized homeopathic medicinesIris R Bell
Department of Medicine, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, USA
J Altern Complement Med 10:285-99. 2004..e., both locally and globally)...
- A new geometrical description of entanglement and the curative homeopathic processLionel R Milgrom
Homeopathy Research Institute, London, United Kingdom
J Altern Complement Med 14:329-39. 2008..One of these envisages "quantum macro-entanglement" among patient, practitioner, and remedy to form a "PPR" entangled state, from which the possibility of cure may manifest...
- Homeopathic treatment of children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: a randomised, double blind, placebo controlled crossover trialHeiner Frei
Swiss Association of Homeopathic Physicians SAHP, Lucerne, Switzerland
Eur J Pediatr 164:758-67. 2005..0001). During the crossover trial, CGI parent-ratings were significantly lower under verum (average 1.67 points) than under placebo (P =0.0479). Long-term CGI improvement reached 12 points (63%, P <0.0001)...
- The colour of the homeopathic improvement: the multidimensional nature of the response to homeopathic therapyM Oberbaum
The Center for Integrative Complementary Medicine, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Homeopathy 94:196-9. 2005..We conclude that, beyond its biological effect, homeopathic treatment affects the awareness...
- European materia medica in historical texts: longevity of a tradition and implications for future usePaula de Vos
History Department, San Diego State University, San Diego, CA 92182 6050, USA
J Ethnopharmacol 132:28-47. 2010..Thus researchers have been prompted to use historical medical texts, as this study does, to find potential sources of new drugs...
- Effects of homeopathic medicines on polysomnographic sleep of young adults with histories of coffee-related insomniaIris R Bell
Department of Family and Community Medicine, The University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson, AZ 85719, USA
Sleep Med 12:505-11. 2011..Animal studies have previously shown changes in non rapid eye movement sleep with certain homeopathic remedies...
- An exploratory study on scientific investigations in homeopathy using medical analyzerNirupama Mishra
Regional Research Institute for Homoeopathy, CCRH, Mumbai, India
J Altern Complement Med 17:705-10. 2011..An attempt was made to explore autonomic response of selective homeopathic medicines, in healthy persons, using Medical Analyzer System (Electronics Division, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai, India)...
- Analysis of the capability of ultra-highly diluted glucose to increase glucose uptake in arsenite-stressed bacteria Escherichia coliAnisur Rahman Khuda-Bukhsh
Cytogenetics and Molecular Biology Laboratory, Department of Zoology, University of Kalyani, Kalyani 741235, India
Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao 9:901-12. 2011..Therefore, this study sees value in the analysis of whether homeopathically diluted glucose 30C has any effect on Escherichia coli exposed to arsenite stress...
- Rapid green synthesis of silver nanoparticles from silver nitrate by a homeopathic mother tincture Phytolacca DecandraSoumya Sundar Bhattacharyya
Department of Zoology, University of Kalyani, Kalyani, India
Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao 10:546-54. 2012....
- Nonlinear dynamical systems effects of homeopathic remedies on multiscale entropy and correlation dimension of slow wave sleep EEG in young adults with histories of coffee-induced insomniaIris R Bell
Department of Family and Community Medicine, The University of Arizona, College of Medicine, Tucson, AZ 85719, USA
Homeopathy 101:182-92. 2012..The present study extended findings of remedy-related sleep stage alterations in human subjects by testing the feasibility of using two different NDS analytic approaches to assess remedy effects on human slow wave sleep EEG...
- A combination system for prediction of Chinese Materia Medica propertiesWei Long
Institute of Radiation Medicine, Peking Union Medical College, Chinese Academic of Medical Sciences, Tianjin Key Laboratory of Molecular Nuclear Medicine, Tianjin, China
Comput Methods Programs Biomed 101:253-64. 2011Identifying and explaining the property of Chinese Materia Medica (CMM) is an important and urgent mission in recent CMM researches...
- [Clinical research of qingkailing soft capsules in treating acute upper respiratory infection]Chun Sheng Li
Xiyuan Hospital, Academy of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Beijing 100091, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 30:1692-5. 2005..To discuss the efficacy of Qingkailing soft capsules in treating acute fever, and the relationship between symptoms-effect and time effect...
- [The effect of four kinds of traditional Chinese herbal compound on the experimental acute stress behaviors and the hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal gland axis]Yao Tong
Traditional Chinese Medicine College, Hongkong University, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 30:1863-6. 2005....
- [The effects of zhubi capsule on adjuvant arthritis in rats]Hui Li
Institute of Chinese Materia Medica, China Academy of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Beijing 100700, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 30:551-4. 2005..To explore the therapeutic effects and mechanisms of Zhubi capsule on adjuvant arthritis (AA) in rats...
- Reproductions and reproducibility in homeopathy: dogma or tool?Stephan Baumgartner
J Altern Complement Med 11:771-2. 2005
- The homeopathic mechanism from the viewpoint of a quantum mechanical paradoxonOtto Weingärtner
J Altern Complement Med 11:773-4. 2005
- A "Maddox effect"? A reason to adopt time series protocols in tests of homeopathic remediesAlex Hankey
J Altern Complement Med 11:759-61. 2005
- [Laboratory study of effects of yifuning soft capsules on postmenopausal osteoporosis]Lei Liang
Department of Chinese Traditional Medicine, Nanfang Medicine University, Guangzhou 510515, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 30:919-22. 2005..To study the effects of Yifuning soft capsules on postmenopausal osteoporosis in ovariectomized female rats...
- [Application of HPLC/ELSD fingerprint and constellation graphical clustering method applied to evaluate the quality of Qingkailing injection]Shi Kai Yan
Department of Chinese Medicine Science and Engineering, College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310027, China
Yao Xue Xue Bao 40:842-5. 2005..To evaluate the quality of Qingkailing injections effectively, and to develop a credible method for the quality control of traditional Chinese medicine...
- [Application of biotechnics in the identification of Chinese medicinal herbs and the production and cultivation of their excellent species]Qing ya Yang
Hospital Affiliated to Medical College, Ningbo University, Zhejiang
Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi 25:669-72. 2005..Lots of literature showed that biotechnics played important roles in the quality identification of Chinese medicinal herbs and the researches on new drugs of TCM...
- [The medicinal serum of yi-shen ruan-jian san antagonized the effect of aristolochic acid on human proximal tubular epithelial cells in vitro]Jing Fang
Center of Nephrology, China Japan Friendship Hospital, Beijing 100029, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 30:704-8. 2005..To evaluate whether the medicinal serum of Yi-shen Ruan-jian san can antagonize the fibrogenic effect of human proximal tubular epithelial cell line (HKC) activated by aristolochic acid (AA) in vitro...
- [Effect of the Yifuning soft gelatin capsules on estrogen receptor and nitric oxide levels in ovariectomized rats]Wei Xiao
Zhu Jiang Hospital, Southern Medicine University, Guangzhou 510282, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 30:1598-602. 2005..To investigate the effects of the Yifuning soft gelatin capsules(YFN)on estrogen receptor (ER) and nitric oxide (NO) levels in ovariectomized rats...
- The relationship between allergy and homeopathy: a frameworkBernard Poitevin
Homeopathy 95:65-7. 2006
- [Effects of Tongxinluo capsule on atherosclerosis obliterans in iliofemoral artery of rabbits]Cheng ren Lin
Xiyuan Hospital, China Academy of Chinese Medical Sciences, Beijing 100091, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 32:511-5. 2007..To explore the effects of Tongxinluo capsule (TXL) on the atherosclerosis obliterans (ASO) in iliofemoral artery of rabbits...
- [Effect of Xianlong granules on immunological function in rats of adjuvant arthritis]Wei Zhuo Wang
Medical School of Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an 710061, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 32:846-9. 2007..To study the effect of Xianlong granules (XLG) on immunological function in the rat of adjuvant arthritis (AA)...
- [Effects of alligator Zhikegao on relieving cough dispelling phlegm and anti-inflammation]Dong Hui Xu
Lab of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Marine Drugs, School of Life Sciences, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510275, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 32:961-5. 2007..To research the effects of Alligator Zhikegao on relieving cough, dispelling phlegm and anti-inflammation...
- The octave potencies convention: a mathematical model of dilution and succussionDavid J Anick
Harvard Medical School, McLean Hospital, Centre Bldg 11, 115 Mill St, Belmont, MA 02478, USA
Homeopathy 96:202-8. 2007....
- [Effects and mechanisms of shidi capsule on adjuvant arthritis model]Ge Zhang
Department of Physiology, Pharmacy College, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing 210009, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 32:1432-5. 2007..To probe into the effects and mechanisms of Shidi capsule on adjuvant arthritis model (AA)...
- [Effect of earthworm decoction on airway inflammation of bronchial asthma in guinea pigs]Xiang hua Li
Yangtze University Medical College, Jingzhou 434000, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 32:1445-8. 2007..To investigate the effect of Earthworm decoction on the airway inflammation of experimental bronchial asthma in guinea pigs and inquire into the mechanism in the decoction...
- [Study of toxicity effect of different rate of Sargassum and Radix Glycyrrhizae on rats]Hui Yan
School of Biology and Environment Engineering, Jiangsu University of Science and Technology, Zhenjiang 212018, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 32:1700-3. 2007..Study the toxicity effect of different rate of Sargassum and Radix Glycyrrhizae on rats...
- [Clinical study of super crush-run Tongxinluo capsule on treatment of stroke]Yi Ling Wu
Medicinal Academy of Integrated Traditional and Western Medicine of Hebei province, Shijiazhuang 050035, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 32:1928-31. 2007..To evaluate the clinical efficacy and security of super crush-run tong xinluo capsule (SCTXLC) for apoplexy due to energy-deficiency and blood-stasis...
- Complementary and alternative remedies: an additional source of potential systemic nickel exposureLuciana M de Medeiros
Section of Industrial Dermatology, Department of Dermatology A 61, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Contact Dermatitis 58:97-100. 2008..Systemic contact dermatitis from nickel has been reported from a number of sources including medical devices and following experimental oral exposure...
- The in vitro evidence for an effect of high homeopathic potencies--a systematic review of the literatureRoeland Van Wijk
International Institute of Biophysics, Neuss, Germany
Complement Ther Med 15:139-41. 2007
- The in vitro evidence for an effect of high homeopathic potencies--a systematic review of the literatureClaudia M Witt
Institute for Social Medicine, Epidemiology and Health Economics, Charite University Medical Center, D 10098 Berlin, Germany
Complement Ther Med 15:128-38. 2007..Systematic assessment of the in vitro research on high potency effects...
- [Study on mechanism underlying the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis by Keshiling]Cong Pin Wang
Children Hospital of Soochow University, Suzhou 210000, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 31:155-8. 2006..To explore the mechanism underlying the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis by Keshiling (KSL) in the rats model of FCA-induced arthritis...
- Treatment of hyperactive children: increased efficiency through modifications of homeopathic diagnostic procedureRichard Laing
Homeopathy 95:119-20. 2006
- Homeopathy for anxiety and anxiety disorders: a systematic review of the researchK Pilkington
School of Integrated Health, University of Westminster, London, UK
Homeopathy 95:151-62. 2006..To conduct a systematic review of the clinical research evidence on homeopathy in the treatment of anxiety and anxiety disorders...
- Evidence of the principle of similitude in modern fatal iatrogenic eventsM Z Teixeira
Department of Clinical Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Homeopathy 95:229-36. 2006..The consequences of the allopathic treatment could be decreased if health professionals valued homeostasis, minimising the rebound effect of the organism by gradual suspension of palliative drugs...
- [Influence of Naomai II capsule on dynamic expression of protease-activated receptors-1 after acute intracerebral hemorrhage]Guo Qing Zheng
Center of Neurology, Second Affiliated Hospital of Wenzhou Medical College, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 31:1265-8. 2006..To study the dynamic expression of protease-activated receptor-1(PAR-1) after acute intracerebral hemorrhage (ICH) and the influence of Naomai capsule (NMC II) on the expression in rats...
- [Homeopathy in acute rhinosinusitis: a double-blind, placebo controlled study shows the efficiency and tolerability of a homeopathic combination remedy]K H Friese
HNO 55:271-7. 2007..The efficacy and tolerability of a homeopathic combination remedy for the treatment of acute rhinosinusitis was investigated...
- NSAIDs, Myocardial infarction, rebound effect and similitudeMarcus Zulian Teixeira
Homeopathy 96:67-8. 2007
- Come into the garden, MaudKate Sterns
Queen's Q 109:410-19. 2002
- [Effect of gufuhuo decoction on local apoptosis of steroid-induced necrosis of femoral head]Wei Ming Tian
Traditional Chinese Medicine Hospital, Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 30:1848-51. 2005..To observe the bone specimen of SANFH (steroid-induced avascular necrosis of femoral head) and the effect of Gufuhuo decoction on local apoptosis of SANFH...
- Truth, proof and evidence: homeopathy and the medical paradigmJeremy Swayne
Faculty of Homeopathy, Tanzy Cottage, Middle Street, Rimpton, Somerset BA22 8AQ, UK
Homeopathy 97:89-95. 2008....
- What is the therapeutically active ingredient of homeopathic potencies?O Weingärtner
Department of Basic Research, Dr Reckeweg and Co GmbH, Berliner Ring 32, D 64625 Bensheim, Germany
Homeopathy 92:145-51. 2003..In mathematical terms this model has features which correspond to the axioms of weak quantum theory. Features which are similar to entanglement in ordinary quantum theory are discussed in particular...
- The nuts and bolts of homeopathyCees Baas
Homeopathy 93:117-8. 2004
- [Study on antiinflammatory effect of a compound TCM agent containing ant extractive in animal models]Ri Bao Wei
General Air Force Hospital of Chinese PLA, Beijing 100036, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 27:215-8. 2002..To study the antiinflammatory effect of a compound TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) agent on animal models. The agent contains ant extractive and a blent of three herbal products, herba epimedii, fructus cnidii, and fructus lycii...
- [Cause and measure of short of quality control on Chinese medicine herbs]Jiyan Chen
Taihe Hospital of Shiyan, Hubei Province, Shiyan 442000
Zhong Yao Cai 26:43-6. 2003..Finally, Chinese medicine herbs haven't uniform refine operating norm. We must strengthen basal study, constitute the inspection norm of Chinese medicine herbs quality and establish perfect technical supervise system as fast as possible...
- [Effect of qianlie huichun capsular on Fas expression and cell apoptosis of prostate gland tissue in rat]Den zhi Duan
Traditional Medical and Medicine Institute of Yunnan, Kunming 650223, Yunnan, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 28:866-9. 2003..To investigate the effect of Qianlie Huichun capsular on Fas expression and cell apoptosis of prostate gland tissue in the model rat...
- [Study of cerebral protective effects of naosaitong in animals]Yu Jie Zhang
Beijing University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Beijing 100102, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 28:856-61. 2003..To investigate the influence of Naosaitong (NST) on the cerebral blood flow (CBF), the infarct areas and blood rheology in animals...
- Menopause research: an opportunity for complementary collaborationsG Paterson
Homeopathy 92:127-8. 2003
- Plant models for fundamental research in homeopathyL Betti
Homeopathy 92:129-30. 2003
- The homeopathic approach to the treatment of symptoms of oestrogen withdrawal in breast cancer patients. A prospective observational studyE A Thompson
Glasgow Homeopathic Hospital, 1053 Great Western Road, Glasgow, Scotland, G12 0XQ, UK
Homeopathy 92:131-4. 2003..A placebo-controlled trial would be the next stage in this line of inquiry...
- [Studies on the quality standard of xingnao tinctures]Rui Song Huang
Guangxi Institute of Minority Nationality Medicine and Pharmacology, Nanning 530001, Guangxi, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 28:724-7. 2003..To establish the method for quality control of Xingnao tinctures...
- [Experimental studies on antianimia effect of shengxuesu]Jin Hua Piao
Pharmacology Department, Shanxi Institute for Drug Control, Taiyuan 030001, Shanxi, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 28:544-7. 2003..Using animal anemia models to observe the antianemia effect of Shengxuesu, and to afford an experimental basis for preventing and treating anemia...
- [Study on process of removing impurity from water-extraction of gutianquan-capsule]Sheng Wei Guo
Nanjing University of TCM, Nanjing 210029, Jiangsu, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 28:130-2. 2003..To study the result of removing impurity from water-extraction of Gutianquan-capsule with macro-reticular absorbing resin, chitosans clarification, water-extraction and alcohol-precipitation methods...
- Pharmacologic approaches for the treatment of chronic insomniaDavid N Neubauer
Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, Johns Hopkins Sleep Disorders Center, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Clin Cornerstone 5:16-27. 2003..This article reviews the advantages and disadvantages of medications and other substances employed to promote improved sleep. Special emphasis is given to the use of the newer-generation benzodiazepine receptor agonist hypnotics...
- Weighing the homeopathic evidenceE Ernst
Homeopathy 92:67-8; discussion 123. 2003
- Quality assessment of physical research in homeopathyClaudia Becker-Witt
Institute for Social Medicine, Epidemiology and Health Economics, Charite Hospital, Humboldt University of Berlin, D Berlin, Germany
J Altern Complement Med 9:113-32. 2003..To assess the evidence of published experiments on homeopathic preparations (potencies) that target physical properties (i.e., assumed structural changes in solvents)...
- Entangled, or tied in knots?Peter Fisher
Homeopathy 93:171-2. 2004
- [Effect of Shenluotong on secretion of ECM and expression of TGF-beta1 in rats mesangial cells of rats]Ya Li Wang
Traditional Chinese Medicine College, Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang 050091, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 30:201-3. 2005..To investigate the effect of Shenluotong on the expression of transforming growth factor-beta1 (TGF-beta1) and extracellular matrix (ECM) in Ang II-induced MCs...
- Entangled--and tied in knots! Practical consequences of an entanglement model for homeopathic research and practiceH Walach
University Hospital Freiburg, Institute of Environmental Medicine and Hospital Epidemiology, Samueli Institute, European Office, D 79106 Freiburg, Germany
Homeopathy 94:96-9. 2005..Experimental proof of entanglement can only come indirectly. The implications for clinical research include that positive results will probably be found only in large series and that studies should avoid imposing a causal framework...
- [Effects of yi-fu-ning soft capsule on sex hormone, NO, NOS, SOD and MDA levels in ovariectomized rat serum]Wei Xiao
First Military Medicine University, Guangzhou 510515
Zhong Yao Cai 26:740-4. 2003....
- [Content analysis of bilirubin in niuhuang compound suppository by HPLC]Jing Chen
Hubei College of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Wuhan 430061
Zhong Yao Cai 27:772-4. 2004..To establish a method of determinating content of bilirubin in Niuhuang Compound Suppository by HPLC...
- [Influence of compound biejia ruangan prescription on extracelluar matrix in bleomycin induced pulmonary fibrosis rats]Dong wei Zhang
Laboratory of Cell and Biochemistry of Beijing University of Chinese Medicine, Beijing 100029, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 29:62-6. 2004..To study the influence of compound Biejia Ruangan Prescription (CBRP) on extracelluar matrix in bleomycin induced pulmonary fibrosis rats...
- [Morphological changes and inhibiting effect on human gastric cancer cell SGC-7901 caused by aining]Miancheng Su
National Engineering Research Center for Mordernization of TCM, Zhuhai 519020
Zhong Yao Cai 25:339-42. 2002..To investigate the inhibiting effect of Aining on the human gastric cancer cells...
- [Effect of qilong capsule on hemoreology in acute stress blood stasis rats]Yan Wu
Department of Pharmacology, Beijing University of Chinese Medicine, Beijing 100102, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 29:362-5. 2004..To study the influence of Qilong capsule (QLC) on the hemoreology in acute stress blood stasis model rats...
- Update from Asia. Asian studies on cancer chemopreventionT K Yun
Laboratory of Experimental Pathology, Korea Cancer Center Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Ann N Y Acad Sci 889:157-92. 1999..In the late 1970s a comprehensive chemoprevention program was established at the Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences...
- The world's longest surviving paediatric practices: some themes of Aboriginal medical ethnobotany in AustraliaJohn Pearn
Department of Paediatrics and Child Health Royal Children s Hospital, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 41:284-90. 2005..men and women (and in particular grandmothers) in traditional communities use a sophisticated botanical materia medica in the treatment of sick and injured children...
- Anecdotal therapiesL E Millikan
Department of Dermatology, Tulane University Medical Center, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 455:407-11. 1999..Are serendipitous and anecdotal synonymous? Many of our materia medica today relate to initial probes and anecdotal reports that matured to full investigation and therapeutic ..
- The cucurbits of mediterranean antiquity: identification of taxa from ancient images and descriptionsJules Janick
Department of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture, Purdue University, 625 Agriculture Mall Drive, West Lafayette, IN 47907 2010, USA
Ann Bot 100:1441-57. 2007A critical analysis was made of cucurbit descriptions in Dioscorides' De Materia Medica, Columella's De Re Rustica and Pliny's Historia Naturalis, works on medicine, agriculture and natural science of the 1st century ce, as well as the ..
- "The herbs that have the property of healing...,": the phytotherapy in Don QuixoteFrancisco López-Muñoz
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Alcala, C Juan Ignacio Luca de Tena 8, 28027 Madrid, Spain
J Ethnopharmacol 106:429-41. 2006..Also, we have examined the possible scientific influences, which might have inspired Cervantes in this field, mainly the work of Andrés Laguna (Dioscorides' Materia Medica).
- Anti-proliferative effects, cell cycle G2/M phase arrest and blocking of chromosome segregation by probimane and MST-16 in human tumor cell linesDa Yong Lu
School of Life Sciences, Shanghai University, Shanghai 200436, PR China
BMC Pharmacol 5:11. 2005..bisdioxopiperazine derivatives, probimane (Pro) and MST-16, were synthesized at the Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, China...
- History of Pharmacy Museum of the Faculty of Pharmacy University of BelgradeDusanka Krajnovic
Faculty of Pharmacy, Institute for Social Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Legislation, Belgrade, Serbia
Acta Med Hist Adriat 7:179-90. 2009..very rare and precious, such as Curio's Medicina Salernitana (1612) and the Ruel's version of Dioscorides' De materia medica. This entire collection is considered a unique one in Serbia for its variety and greatness, representing a ..
- US-China-Japan Research Consortium on Herbal MedicinesDavid Eisenberg; Fiscal Year: 2004..Lastly, we will determine, as part of this planning grant, the ideal number of partnering institutions (2, 3 or 4) in anticipation of an application for Phase II of this NIH International Center for Research on CAM. ..
- Center for Trad.Chinese Medicine & Women's HealthFredi Kronenberg; Fiscal Year: 2004..TCM) is a codified, literature-based medical system with a professional class of physicians and an extensive materia medica of herbal treatments...
- Exploring Therapeutic Resources in Colonial N. AmericaRenate Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2003..Additionally, the project will provide a rich historical data base for current researchers investigating the genesis of traditional materia medica.
- Polysomnography in Homeopathic Remedy EffectsIris Bell; Fiscal Year: 2007..This study will contribute to our long-range goal of understanding the neurophysiological and biopsychosocial mechanisms of classical homeopathic remedy treatment in patients with specific clinical conditions. ..
- Patient & Provider Perspectives on Homeopathic TreatmentIris Bell; Fiscal Year: 2004..Findings from this proposed study should help clarify the proper premises and parameters on which to base future prospective qualitative and quantitative research in homeopathy. ..
- USUAL CARE VS. CHOICE OF ALTERNATIVE RX: LOW BACK PAINDavid Eisenberg; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Dominican Herbal Medicine: Plants Used for InflammationMichael Balick; Fiscal Year: 2006..The collaborative approach and results from this R21 project will enable preparation of an R01 proposal. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- N. American Integrative Medicine Scientific ConferenceDavid Eisenberg; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Model of Integrative Care In An Academic Health CenterDavid Eisenberg; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Reproducible Feverfew Preparations for Migraine TrialsAlbert Leung; Fiscal Year: 2004..To provide a substantial (less arbitrary) basis for botanical and chemical standardization of feverfew leaf and extract preparations. ..
- Alternative Medicine:Implications for Clinical PracticeDavid Eisenberg; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Physical CAM therapies for chronic low back painDavid Eisenberg; Fiscal Year: 2003..At the conclusion of this project, we will be prepared to write a competitive grant proposal to evaluate the most commonly used CAM therapies for treating both older and younger adults with chronic low back pain. ..
- Medicinal Plants of Antiquity: A Computerized DatabaseAlain Touwaide; Fiscal Year: 2007..These secondary databases will be linked to the primary database so that users of the primary database can consult at any moment the necessary information for a better understanding of ancient texts. [unreadable] [unreadable]..