Genomes and Genes
Summary: Solid dosage forms, of varying weight, size, and shape, which may be molded or compressed, and which contain a medicinal substance in pure or diluted form. (Dorland, 28th ed)
Publications352 found, 100 shown here
- MTN-001: randomized pharmacokinetic cross-over study comparing tenofovir vaginal gel and oral tablets in vaginal tissue and other compartmentsCraig W Hendrix
Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e55013. 2013....
- Probiotic effects of orally administered Lactobacillus reuteri-containing tablets on the subgingival and salivary microbiota in patients with gingivitis. A randomized clinical trialMargarita Iniesta
Section of Graduate Periodontology, Faculty of Odontology, University Complutense, Madrid, Spain
J Clin Periodontol 39:736-44. 2012..To investigate the effects of an orally administered probiotic on the oral microbiota...
- Use of coffee, caffeinated drinks and caffeine tablets for cognitive enhancement in pupils and students in GermanyA G Franke
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University Medical Centre Mainz, Mainz, Germany
Pharmacopsychiatry 44:331-8. 2011..There are only few data about substances, prevalence rates and factors associated with CE. The aim of this study was to assess first data about the use of coffee, caffeinated drinks and caffeine tablets for CE at school and university.
- Advances in development, scale-up and manufacturing of microbicide gels, films, and tabletsSanjay Garg
School of Pharmacy, University of Auckland, 93 Grafton Road, Grafton, Auckland, New Zealand
Antiviral Res 88:S19-29. 2010..as primary dosage forms such as vaginal gels or in alternative dosage forms such as fast dissolve films and tablets. Recent innovations also include development of combination products of highly active antiviral drugs such as ..
- Efficacy of praziquantel syrup versus crushed praziquantel tablets in the treatment of intestinal schistosomiasis in Ugandan preschool children, with observation on compliance and safetyA M D Navaratnam
Department of Infectious Disease Epidemiology, Imperial College London, London W2 1PG, UK
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 106:400-7. 2012..with a syrup formulation of PZQ with the aim of assessing its safety and efficacy in comparison with crushed PZQ tablets for the treatment of intestinal schistosomiasis in preschool children...
- Pyronaridine-artesunate granules versus artemether-lumefantrine crushed tablets in children with Plasmodium falciparum malaria: a randomized controlled trialKassoum Kayentao
Malaria Research and Training Center, Faculté de Médecine de Pharmacie et d Odonto Stomatologie, Bamako, Mali
Malar J 11:364. 2012..Children are most vulnerable to malaria. A pyronaridine-artesunate pediatric granule formulation is being developed for the treatment of uncomplicated Plasmodium falciparum malaria...
- Characterization of genuine and fake artesunate anti-malarial tablets using Fourier transform infrared imaging and spatially offset Raman spectroscopy through blister packsCamilla Ricci
Department of Chemical Engineering, Imperial College London, London SW7 2AZ, UK
Anal Bioanal Chem 389:1525-32. 2007..we evaluated a new analytical approach for the characterization and fast screening of fake and genuine artesunate tablets using a combination of Raman spectroscopy, Spatially Offset Raman Spectroscopy (SORS) and Attenuated Total ..
- Minitablets: new modality to deliver medicines to preschool-aged childrenSarah A Thomson
Centre for Paediatric Pharmacy Research, School of Pharmacy, University of London, London, England
Pediatrics 123:e235-8. 2009..The goal was to assess the acceptability and suitability of placebo minitablets for preschool-aged children...
- Technological and biological evaluation of tablets containing different strains of lactobacilli for vaginal administrationL Maggi
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 50:389-95. 2000..The microorganisms were formulated in single- and double-layer vaginal tablets. The two layers were characterized by different release properties: one is an effervescent composition that ..
- Long-term clinical efficacy in grass pollen-induced rhinoconjunctivitis after treatment with SQ-standardized grass allergy immunotherapy tabletStephen R Durham
Section of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College and Royal Brompton Hospital, Guy Scadding Building, Royal Brompton Campus, Dovehouse St, SW3 6LY London, United Kingdom
J Allergy Clin Immunol 125:131-8.e1-7. 2010..Sustained and disease-modifying effects of sublingual immunotherapy have never before been confirmed in a large-scale randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial...
- Zero-order release of aspirin, theophylline and atenolol in water from novel methylcellulose glutarate matrix tabletsA Khairuzzaman
Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Arnold and Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Long Island University, University Plaza, Brooklyn, NY 11201, USA
Int J Pharm 318:15-21. 2006..Aspirin, theophylline and atenolol tablets were compacted on a Carver press using the wet granulation method...
- Are depot antipsychotics more coercive than tablets? The patient's perspectiveM X Patel
Division of Psychological Medicine, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, UK
J Psychopharmacol 24:1483-9. 2010..Although forced medication is sometimes required, the experience of coercion should be minimised by giving patients a fair say in treatment decisions, regardless of formulation...
- The initial pharmaceutical development of an artesunate/amodiaquine oral formulation for the treatment of malaria: a public-private partnershipCatherine Lacaze
Ellipse Pharmaceuticals, Pessac, France
Malar J 10:142. 2011....
- Adherence and persistence of single-pill ARB/CCB combination therapy compared to multiple-pill ARB/CCB regimensF Zeng
MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc, San Diego, CA, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 26:2877-87. 2010..To evaluate the impact of angiotensin receptor blocker (ARBs)/dihydropyridine calcium channel blockers (CCBs) single-pill combination (SPC) on adherence to antihypertensive treatment in comparison to free combination of ARBs and CCBs...
- Tramadol 37.5-mg/acetaminophen 325-mg combination tablets added to regular therapy for rheumatoid arthritis pain: a 1-week, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialEun Young Lee
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Chongno Gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Clin Ther 28:2052-60. 2006This study evaluated the efficacy and tolerability of tramadol 37.5-mg/acetaminophen 325-mg combination tablets (tramadoUAPAP) as add-on therapy in subjects with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) pain that was inadequately controlled by NSAIDs ..
- Assessment of hand-held Raman instrumentation for in situ screening for potentially counterfeit artesunate antimalarial tablets by FT-Raman spectroscopy and direct ionization mass spectrometryCamilla Ricci
Department of Chemical Engineering, Imperial College London, London SW7 2AZ, UK
Anal Chim Acta 623:178-86. 2008..This work illustrates the chemical characterization of genuine and fake artesunate antimalarial tablets by portable Raman spectroscopy and validation by FT-Raman spectroscopy and ambient mass spectrometry...
- Raman mapping of low-content API pharmaceutical formulations. I. Mapping of Alprazolam in Alprazolam/Xanax tabletsSlobodan Sasic
Analytical R and D, Pfizer Global Research and Development, Ramsgate Road, Sandwich, CT13 9NJ, UK
Pharm Res 24:58-65. 2007..of API was carried out to provide information on whether there is any structural difference between the commercial Xanax and Alprazolam tablets (the API content less than 1% w/w in both cases) in the batches with low and good recovery.
- Effects of food on the single-dose pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics of tizanidine capsules and tablets in healthy volunteersJaymin Shah
Elan Pharmaceuticals, Inc, San Diego, California, USA
Clin Ther 28:1308-17. 2006..A multiparticulate capsule formulation of the alpha2-adrenergic agonist tizanidine has been developed to decrease C(max), AUC, and associated somnolence, while maintaining efficacy...
- Mirtazapine orally disintegrating tablets in depressed nursing home residents 85 years of age and olderJ Craig Nelson
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 21:898-901. 2006..For these reasons, this study of mirtazapine orally disintegrating tablets was carried out in nursing home residents>or=85 years old with physician-diagnosed depression...
- Caries preventive effect of fluoride in milk, salt and tablets: a literature reviewI Espelid
Department of Paediatric Dentistry and Behavioural Science Faculty of Dentistry, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Eur Arch Paediatr Dent 10:149-56. 2009There are a number of studies in the literature about the effectiveness of fluoride in tablets, fluoride added to frequently-consumed food like milk, or to food additives like salt, in prevention of dental caries...
- Drug characterization in low dosage pharmaceutical tablets using Raman microscopic mappingMark J Henson
Pfizer Analytical R and D, Groton, Connecticut 06340, USA
Appl Spectrosc 60:1247-55. 2006Raman micro-spectroscopic mapping is utilized to analyze pharmaceutical tablets containing a low concentration (0.5% w/w) of active pharmaceutical ingredient (API)...
- Release of naltrexone on buccal mucosa: permeation studies, histological aspects and matrix system designLibero Italo Giannola
Dipartimento di Chimica e Tecnologie Farmaceutiche, Universita di Palermo, Palermo, Italy
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 67:425-33. 2007..b>Tablets, designed for Naltrexone hydrochloride (NLX) administration on buccal mucosa, were developed and prepared by ..
- Swelling kinetics of spray-dried chitosan acetate assessed by magnetic resonance imaging and their relation to drug release kinetics of chitosan matrix tabletsKampanart Huanbutta
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Silpakorn University, Nakhon Pathom, Thailand
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 77:320-6. 2011..1N HCl, pH 6.8 and pH 5.0 Tris-HCl buffers. The in vitro drug releases from CSA matrix tablets containing the model drugs, diclofenac sodium and theophylline were investigated in all media using USP-4 ..
- Combined Fourier-transform infrared imaging and desorption electrospray-ionization linear ion-trap mass spectrometry for analysis of counterfeit antimalarial tabletsCamilla Ricci
Department of Chemical Engineering, Imperial College London, London, SW7 2AZ, UK
Anal Bioanal Chem 387:551-9. 2007..ionization linear ion-trap mass spectrometry (DESI MS) for characterization of counterfeit pharmaceutical tablets. The counterfeit artesunate antimalarial tablets were analyzed by both techniques...
- Glipizide controlled-release tablets, with or without acarbose, improve glycaemic variability in newly diagnosed Type 2 diabetesYu Qian Bao
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Shanghai Clinical Center for Diabetes Shanghai Jiao Tong University Affiliated Sixth People s Hospital Shanghai Diabetes Institute Shanghai Key Laboratory of Diabetes Mellitus, Shanghai, China
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 37:564-8. 20101. The aim of the present study was to compare the effects of glipizide controlled-release (CR) tablets monotherapy with that of glipizide CR tablets plus acarbose on glycaemic variability in newly diagnosed Type 2 diabetes (T2DM) ..
- Olanzapine orally disintegrating tablets in the treatment of acutely ill non-compliant patients with schizophreniaBruce J Kinon
Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly Corporate Center, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 6:97-102. 2003..disorder who met medication non-compliance criteria received open-label olanzapine orally disintegrating tablets (1020 mgd) for up to 6 wk...
- Favorable acceptance of mini-tablets compared with syrup: a randomized controlled trial in infants and preschool childrenViviane Klingmann
Department of General Pediatrics, Neonatology, and Pediatric Cardiology, University Children s Hospital Düsseldorf, Dusseldorf, Germany
J Pediatr 163:1728-1732.e1. 2013To evaluate acceptability of 2 mm solid dosage forms (mini-tablets) as an alternative administration modality in young children in comparison with syrup.
- Ranitidine (Zantac) syrup versus Ranitidine effervescent tablets (Zantac) EFFERdose) in children: a single-center taste preference studyVanessa Z Ameen
Clinical Pharmacology and Discovery Medicine, Research and Development, GlaxoSmithKline, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Paediatr Drugs 8:265-70. 2006..Ranitidine syrup is available in a peppermint-flavored 15 mg/mL formulation...
- Pharmacokinetics of resveratrol metabolic profile in healthy humans after moderate consumption of red wine and grape extract tabletsMaria Rotchés-Ribalta
Nutrition and Food Science Department, XaRTA INSA, Pharmacy Faculty, University of Barcelona, Av Joan XXIII, S N, Barcelona, Spain
Pharmacol Res 66:375-82. 2012..matrix and, therefore, this study has been compared with a pilot study in which men ingested grape extract (GE) tablets as a nutraceutical, containing similar total amounts of resveratrol than RW...
- Ciprofloxacin prolonged-release tablets do not affect warfarin pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamicsCarla Washington
Depomed Inc, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 47:1320-6. 2007..029). This difference is not considered clinically relevant, because the values remain similar. These results show that warfarin pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics are not altered with concomitant administration of ciprofloxacin PR...
- Bioequivalence of methylphenidate immediate-release tablets using a replicated study design to characterize intrasubject variabilityM C Meyer
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of Tennessee, Memphis 38163, USA
Pharm Res 17:381-4. 2000To determine the relative bioavailability of two marketed, immediate-release methylphenidate tablets. The study used a replicated study design to characterize intrasubject variability, and determine bioequivalence using both average and ..
- Application of face centred central composite design to optimise compression force and tablet diameter for the formulation of mechanically strong and fast disintegrating orodispersible tabletsRitesh M Pabari
School of Pharmacy, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, 123, St Stephens Green, Dublin 2, Ireland
Int J Pharm 430:18-25. 2012..and compression force (CF) on hardness, disintegration time (DT) and porosity of mannitol based orodispersible tablets (ODTs). Tablet diameters of 10, 13 and 15 mm, and CF of 10, 15 and 20 kN were studied...
- Young HIV-infected children and their adult caregivers prefer tablets to syrup antiretroviral medications in AfricaPatricia Nahirya-Ntege
MRC UVRI Uganda Research Unit on AIDS, Entebbe, Uganda
PLoS ONE 7:e36186. 2012..therapy (ART) for HIV-infected children is complicated using syrup formulations, which are costlier than tablets, harder to transport and store and difficult for health-workers to prescribe and caregivers to administer...
- Development of fixed dose combination tablets containing zidovudine and lamivudine for paediatric applicationsE Kayitare
Department of Pharmacy, National University of Rwanda, Butare, Rwanda
Int J Pharm 370:41-6. 2009..Rectangular tablets with multiple fraction bars were designed and each tablet can be broken into 8 subunits, each subunit containing ..
- Improving treatment adherence to antihypertensive therapy: the role of single-pill combinationsSripal Bangalore
New York University School of Medicine, The Leon H Charney Division of Cardiology, Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory, NY 10016, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 13:345-55. 2012..Studies have consistently shown that polypharmacy and complex treatment regimens have a detrimental effect on treatment compliance, adherence and persistence (herein referred to as treatment adherence)...
- Novel platforms for oral drug deliveryP Colombo
Dipartimento Farmaceutico, Universita degli Studi di Parma, Viale G P Usberti 27 A, 43100, Parma, Italy
Pharm Res 26:601-11. 2009....
- Design and evaluation of floating multi-layer coated tablets based on gas formationSrisagul Sungthongjeen
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Naresuan University, Phitsanulok, Thailand
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 69:255-63. 2008Floating multi-layer coated tablets were designed based on gas formation...
- Analysis of drug content and weight uniformity for half-tablets of 6 commonly split medicationsShaynan W Hill
Department of Pharmacy, Long Beach Veterans Affairs Hospital, Long Beach, CA 90822, USA
J Manag Care Pharm 15:253-61. 2009..Previous research has shown weight nonuniformity within tablet halves. However, limited research to date has found that the potential dose inaccuracy resulting from splitting tablets does not significantly affect clinical outcomes.
- Development and evaluation of gastroretentive norfloxacin floating tabletsRamesh Bomma
University College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kakatiya University, Warangal 506009 A P, India
Acta Pharm 59:211-21. 2009Floating matrix tablets of norfloxacin were developed to prolong gastric residence time, leading to an increase in drug bioavailability...
- Sustained 3-year efficacy of pre- and coseasonal 5-grass-pollen sublingual immunotherapy tablets in patients with grass pollen-induced rhinoconjunctivitisAlain Didier
Rangueil Larrey Hospital, Respiratory Diseases Department, Toulouse, France
J Allergy Clin Immunol 128:559-66. 2011..Seasonal allergic rhinoconjunctivitis affects millions of persons. The efficacy of allergen sublingual immunotherapy (SLIT) was demonstrated in previous short-term studies...
- A novel system for three-pulse drug release based on "tablets in capsule" deviceBin Li
Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing, Jiangsu 210038, PR China
Int J Pharm 352:159-64. 2008..delivery from a novel system, which contains a water-soluble cap, impermeable capsule body, and two multi-layered tablets. Types of materials for the modulating barrier and its weight can significantly affect the lag time (defined as ..
- Metabolomic study of myocardial ischemia and intervention effects of Compound Danshen Tablets in rats using ultra-performance liquid chromatography/quadrupole time-of-flight mass spectrometryYonghai Lv
Department of Medicinal Chemistry of Nature Product, School of Pharmacy, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai 200433, PR China
J Pharm Biomed Anal 52:129-35. 2010Myocardial ischemia (MI) is a worldwide epidemic. Compound Danshen Tablets (CDTs), an herbal compound preparation, are widely used to treat MI in China...
- Acceptance of uncoated mini-tablets in young children: results from a prospective exploratory cross-over studyNatalie Spomer
Department of General Paediatrics and Neonatology, University Children s Hospital, Dusseldorf, Germany
Arch Dis Child 97:283-6. 2012To explore the acceptance of uncoated drug-free mini-tablets 2 mm in diameter in children aged 0.5-6 years and their ability to swallow the mini-tablets.
- In-vitro/in-vivo correlation of pulsatile drug release from press-coated tablet formulations: a pharmacoscintigraphic study in the beagle dogManish Ghimire
University of Strathclyde, Strathclyde Institute of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences, Glasgow, United Kingdom
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 67:515-23. 2007..However, following disintegration, no difference in pharmacokinetic parameters (AUC(0-6 dis), K(el), Cmax) was observed. The current study highlighted the potential use of these formulations for chronopharmaceutical drug delivery...
- Advantages of celecoxib nanosuspension formulation and transformation into tabletsAndrej Dolenc
University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Pharmacy, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Int J Pharm 376:204-12. 2009..Spray-dried nanosuspension was blended with microcrystalline cellulose, and compressed to tablets, and their tensile strength, porosity and elastic recovery of tablets were investigated...
- Lipid-lowering effects of time-released garlic powder tablets in double-blinded placebo-controlled randomized studyIgor A Sobenin
Institute of General Pathology and Pathophysiology, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Moscow, Russia
J Atheroscler Thromb 15:334-8. 2008..The study was undertaken to test the hypothesis that garlic powder tablets with a prolonged mode of action promise potent biological effects.
- Pharmacokinetics of lopinavir in HIV-infected adults receiving rifampin with adjusted doses of lopinavir-ritonavir tabletsEric H Decloedt
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Medicine, Groote Schuur Hospital, University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 55:3195-200. 2011..Doubling the dose of the tablet formulation of LPV/r overcomes induction by rifampin. Less hepatotoxicity occurred in our cohort of HIV-infected participants than was reported in healthy-volunteer studies...
- Pharmacokinetics of gabapentin after a single day and at steady state following the administration of gastric-retentive- extended-release and immediate-release tablets: a randomized, open-label, multiple-dose, three-way crossover, exploratory study in heaToufigh Gordi
Depomed, Inc, 1360 O Brien Drive, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
Clin Ther 30:909-16. 2008..Therefore, conventional sustained formulations would likely result in decreased bioavailability, as the dosage form would pass through the window of absorption before the drug could be completely released...
- Enhancement of famotidine dissolution rate through liquisolid tablets formulation: in vitro and in vivo evaluationRania H Fahmy
Department of Pharmaceutics and Industrial Pharmacy, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 69:993-1003. 2008..into liquisolid systems and then to investigate the in vitro and in vivo performance of the prepared liquisolid tablets. The new mathematical model was utilized to formulate various liquisolid powder systems...
- Formation and identification of a degradant in chlorproguanil-dapsone-artesunate (Dacart™) tabletsBen Bardsley
GlaxoSmithKline, Gunnels Wood Road, Stevenage, SG1 2NY, United Kingdom
J Pharm Biomed Anal 54:610-3. 2011..These risks are particularly pertinent to products of this type given the climatic conditions which prevail in countries where such therapies are likely to be employed...
- Determination of the in vitro disintegration profile of rapidly disintegrating tablets and correlation with oral disintegrationG Abdelbary
Laboratoire de Pharmacie Galénique Industrielle et Cosmétologie, Faculté de Pharmacie de Marseille, 27 Bd Jean Moulin, 13385 Marseille Cedex 5, France
Int J Pharm 292:29-41. 2005The assessment of the in vitro disintegration profile of rapidly disintegrating tablets (RDT) is very important in the evaluation and the development of new formulations of this type...
- Liquisolid technique for dissolution rate enhancement of a high dose water-insoluble drug (carbamazepine)Yousef Javadzadeh
Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmacy, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Iran
Int J Pharm 341:26-34. 2007..The results showed that the dissolution rate of liquisolid tablets was not significantly affected by storing the tablets at 25 degrees C/75% relative humidity for a period of 6 ..
- Bowel function during pain therapy with oxycodone/naloxone prolonged-release tablets in patients with advanced cancerK E Clemens
Department of Science and Research, Centre for Palliative Medicine, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Int J Clin Pract 65:472-8. 2011..The aim of the study was to evaluate whether patients with advanced cancer and moderate to severe cancer pain will benefit from treatment with oxycodone/naloxone prolonged-release tablets (OXN), with particular regard to constipation.
- Effects of liquisolid formulations on dissolution of naproxenNgiik Tiong
Department of Pharmacy, Health and Well Being, University of Sunderland, Sunderland, United Kingdom
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 73:373-84. 2009..e. type of non-volatile liquid vehicles and drug concentrations, on drug dissolution rates. The liquisolid tablets were formulated with three different liquid vehicles, namely Cremophor EL (polyoxyl 35 castor oil), Synperonic PE/..
- Strongly enhanced dissolution rate of fenofibrate solid dispersion tablets by incorporation of superdisintegrantsP Srinarong
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology and Biopharmacy, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 73:154-61. 2009In this study, it was shown that the incorporation of superdisintegrants in solid dispersion tablets containing a high drug load can strongly enhance the dissolution rate of the highly lipophilic drug fenofibrate...
- Effects of disintegration-promoting agent, lubricants and moisture treatment on optimized fast disintegrating tabletsSameer G Late
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Mercer University, 3001 Mercer University Drive, Atlanta, GA 30341, United States
Int J Pharm 365:4-11. 2009..Hardness was not affected at 75% moisture treatment. Moisture treatment at 85 and 95% increased hardness of the tablets; however at the same time it negatively affected the disintegration time.
- Swelling, erosion and drug release characteristics of salbutamol sulfate from hydroxypropyl methylcellulose-based matrix tabletsFaith A Chaibva
Faculty of Pharmacy, Rhodes University, Grahamstown, South Africa
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 36:1497-510. 2010..Hydrophilic matrix formulations are important and simple technologies that are used to manufacture sustained release dosage forms...
- Quantitative and qualitative determination of Liuwei Dihuang tablets by HPLC-UV-MS-MSXinfeng Zhao
Medical College, Dalian University, Dalian 116622, People s Republic of China
J Chromatogr Sci 45:549-52. 2007..gallic acid, dihydromelittoside, loganin, paeoniflorin, benzoylpaeoniflorin, and paeonol in Liuwei Dihuang tablets by high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC)-UV-mass spectrometry (MS)-MS...
- A novel 12-week study, with three randomized, double-blind placebo-controlled periods to evaluate fentanyl buccal tablets for the relief of breakthrough pain in opioid-tolerant patients with noncancer-related chronic painJohn T Farrar
Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6021, USA
Pain Med 11:1313-27. 2010..To evaluate the time of onset, overall efficacy, and safety of fentanyl buccal tablet (FBT) for noncancer-related breakthrough pain (BTP) in opioid-tolerant adults over 12 weeks...
- Randomized trial of pimecrolimus cream plus colchicine tablets versus colchicine tablets in the treatment of genital ulcers in Behçet's diseaseOsman Kose
Department of Dermatology, Gulhane School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Dermatology 218:140-5. 2009..Recurrent and painful genital ulcers are the hallmark of Behçet's disease...
- Safety and tolerability of grass pollen tablets in sublingual immunotherapy--a phase-1 studyT H Larsen
Allergy Clinic, National University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Allergy 61:1173-6. 2006..A single-centre, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Aims: To compare the safety and tolerability of four different sublingual immunotherapy (SLIT) regimes in grass pollen allergic rhinitis...
- First derivative synchronous fluorescence spectroscopy for the simultaneous determination of sulpiride and mebeverine hydrochloride in their combined tablets and application to real human plasmaM Walash
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Mansoura, 35516, Mansoura, Egypt
J Fluoresc 20:1275-85. 2010..was successfully applied for the determination of the two compounds in synthetic mixtures and in commercial tablets. The high sensitivity attained by the proposed method allowed the determination of both of SUL and MEB metabolite ..
- Pharmaceutical applications of confocal laser scanning microscopy: the physical characterisation of pharmaceutical systemsSamuel R Pygall
Formulation Insights, School of Pharmacy, University of Nottingham, University Park, Nottingham, NG7 2RD, United Kingdom
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 59:1434-52. 2007..range of pharmaceutical systems, including phase-separated polymers, colloidal systems, microspheres, pellets, tablets, film coatings, hydrophilic matrices, and chromatographic stationary phases...
- Comparison of intramuscular olanzapine, orally disintegrating olanzapine tablets, oral risperidone solution, and intramuscular haloperidol in the management of acute agitation in an acute care psychiatric ward in TaiwanWen Yu Hsu
Department of Psychiatry, Lu Tung Branch of Changhua ChristianHospital, Lukang, Taiwan
J Clin Psychopharmacol 30:230-4. 2010..efficacy and safety among intramuscular olanzapine, intramuscular haloperidol, orally disintegrating olanzapine tablets, and oral risperidone solution for agitated patients with psychosis during the first 24 hours of treatment in an ..
- In vitro-in vivo correlation for wet-milled tablet of poorly water-soluble cilostazolJun ichi Jinno
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, 224 18 Ebisuno Hiraishi Kawauchi cho, Tokushima 771 0182, Japan
J Control Release 130:29-37. 2008....
- High incidence of adverse events in healthy volunteers receiving rifampicin and adjusted doses of lopinavir/ritonavir tabletsHanneke M J Nijland
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, The Netherlands
AIDS 22:931-5. 2008..Our objective was to study the combined use of rifampicin and the newly introduced lopinavir/ritonavir tablets.
- Efficacy and safety of sublingual immunotherapy with grass allergen tablets for seasonal allergic rhinoconjunctivitisRonald Dahl
Department of Respiratory Diseases, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
J Allergy Clin Immunol 118:434-40. 2006..The sublingual route also has potential, although definitive evidence from large randomized controlled trials has been lacking...
- Soy isoflavone tablets reduce osteoporosis risk factors and obesity in middle-aged Japanese womenMari Mori
Resarch Institute for Production Development, Mukogawa Women s University, Japan
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 31:S39-41. 2004..pre- and postmenopausal women were randomly assigned to the following two groups taking either ISO (100 mg) tablets (ISO group) or placebo tablets (P group) containing vitamins C (25 mg) and E (5 mg) daily for 24 weeks in a ..
- Evaluation of rapidly disintegrating tablets containing glycine and carboxymethylcelluloseJinichi Fukami
Kyoto Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, 38 Nishinokyo, Kyoto 604 8444, Japan
Int J Pharm 310:101-9. 2006..It was suggested that the tablet formulation containing NS-300 and glycine was highly applicable to water-insoluble drug, such as ethenzamide...
- Investigation of critical polymer properties for polymer release and swelling of HPMC matrix tabletsAnna Viridén
Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Chalmers University of Technology, SE 412 96 Gothenburg, Sweden
Eur J Pharm Sci 36:297-309. 2009..characterized to investigate properties related to critical functionality for their use in hydrophilic matrix tablets. In this study, the HPMC batches were chemically characterized and correlated to the behaviour of pure HPMC ..
- LC-MS determination and relative bioavailability of doxazosin mesylate tablets in healthy Chinese male volunteersNing Ma
State Key Laboratory, Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing 210009, PR China
J Pharm Biomed Anal 43:1049-56. 2007This study aims to develop a standard protocol for the relative bioavailability testing of doxazosin mesylate tablets. For this purpose, a simple rapid and selective LC-MS method using a single quadrupole mass spectrometer was developed ..
- Fixed artesunate-amodiaquine combined pre-formulation study for the treatment of malariaTina Kauss
Laboratory of Galenic Pharmacy and Biopharmacy, Bordeaux 2 University, France
Int J Pharm 395:198-204. 2010..AS and AQ incompatibility led to AS degradation and pharmaco-technical changes in classical wet granulation tablets. Both active principles are stable as dry powders...
- Sustained delivery of captopril from floating matrix tabletsInéz Jiménez-Martínez
Department of Biological Systems, Autonomous Metropolitan University Xochimilco, Calzada del Hueso 1100, Col Villa Quietud, C P 04960, D F, Mexico
Int J Pharm 362:37-43. 2008..In this work, the in vitro sustained release of captopril from Metolose SH 4000 SR/sodium bicarbonate floating tablets has been studied, varying the proportions of Metolose and bicarbonate...
- Design and evaluation of bilayer floating tablets of captoprilZiyaur Rahman
Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmacy Hamdard University, New Delhi 110062, India
Acta Pharm 56:49-57. 2006..Placebo formulation containing barium sulphate in the release layer administered to human volunteers for in vivo X-ray studies showed that BFT had significantly increased the gastric residence time...
- Metabolic effects of time-released garlic powder tablets in type 2 diabetes mellitus: the results of double-blinded placebo-controlled studyIgor A Sobenin
Institute of General Pathology and Pathophysiology, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Moscow, Russia
Acta Diabetol 45:1-6. 2008..The results of this study may allow recommending garlic powder tablets Allicor for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus along with dietary treatment and/or sulfonylurea ..
- Evaluation of speed and duration of efficacy of spinosad tablets for treatment and control of Ctenocephalides canis (Siphonaptera: Pulicidae) infestations in dogsM Franc
UMR 181, Ecole Nationale Veterinaire de Toulouse, 23, Chemin des Capelles, 31076 Toulouse Cedex France
Parasite 16:125-8. 2009..Twelve Beagle dogs (two groups of six) were used in the study. Dogs in the treated group received spinosad tablets per os on D0 at the commercial dosage...
- Medicines informal market in Congo, Burundi and Angola: counterfeit and sub-standard antimalarialsMaria Cristina Gaudiano
Dipartimento del Farmaco, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena 299, 00161 Roma, Italy
Malar J 6:22. 2007..The increase of the phenomenon of pharmaceutical counterfeiting is due to the rise of the illegal market and to the impossibility to purchase branded high cost medicines...
- Human osteoblasts adhesion and proliferation on magnesium-substituted tricalcium phosphate dense tabletsMarcia S Sader
Metallurgical and Materials Department, COPPE UFRJ, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
J Mater Sci Mater Med 20:521-7. 2009..Mg-substituted TCP (beta-TCMP) and beta-TCP dense tablets were obtained by pressing and sintering at 1,000 degrees C Mg-substituted calcium deficient apatite (Mg-CDA) and ..
- Safety of chewable tablets for childrenTheresa M Michele
Merck Research Laboratories, Rahway, New Jersey 07065, USA
J Asthma 39:391-403. 2002..Chewable tablets are a widely used pediatric dosage form; however, a literature review on the safety of this formulation has not ..
- Evaluation of drug release kinetics from ibuprofen matrix tablets using HPMCM Harris Shoaib
Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Karachi, Karachi 75270, Pakistan
Pak J Pharm Sci 19:119-24. 2006..In order to achieve required sustained release profile tablets were directly compressed using Avicel pH 101 and Magnesium stearate...
- Effect of anionic polymers on the release of propranolol hydrochloride from matrix tabletsS Takka
Industrial Pharmacy Program, College of Pharmacy, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 52:75-82. 2001..The HPMC-anionic polymer ratio also influenced the drug release. The matrix containing HPMC-Eudragit L 100-55 (1:1 ratio) produced pH-independent extended-release tablets in water, 0.1 N HCl, and pH 6.8 phosphate buffer.
- In-vitro studies of diclofenac sodium controlled-release from biopolymeric hydrophilic matricesSilvina A Bravo
Department of Pharmacy, Faculty of Biochemical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, National University of Rosario, Argentina
J Pharm Pharm Sci 5:213-9. 2002The objective of this study was to develop uncoated HPMC matrix tablets, evaluating the relationship and influence of different content levels of microcrystalline cellulose (MCC), starch, and lactose, in order to achieve a zero-order ..
- Breaking of scored tablets: a reviewE van Santen
National Institute of Public Health and the Environment, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 53:139-45. 2002The literature was reviewed regarding advantages, problems and performance indicators of score lines. Scored tablets provide dose flexibility, ease of swallowing and may reduce the costs of medication...
- Are 1-2 tablets dangerous? Beta-blocker exposure in toddlersJeffrey N Love
Department of Emergency Medicine, Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC 20057, USA
J Emerg Med 26:309-14. 2004..are no clear guidelines in the literature to direct the care of the toddler with the history of ingesting 1-2 tablets. With 40 years of extensive clinical experience, not one documented case of death or serious cardiovascular ..
- High-performance liquid chromatographic method for the bioequivalence evaluation of desloratadine fumarate tablets in dogsLihe Liu
School of Pharmacy, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, Shenyang, PR China
J Pharm Biomed Anal 34:1013-9. 2004..of desloratadine in dog plasma and was used for evaluating the bioequivalence of desloratadine fumarate tablets and desloratadine tablets in dogs. Chromatographic separation was performed on a Hypersil CN column (150 mm x 5...
- Formulation and evaluation of mucoadhesive tablets containing eugenol for the treatment of periodontal diseasesBhimrao K Jadhav
Department of Pharmacognosy, Poona College of Pharmacy, Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Erandwane, Pune, Maharashtra State, India
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 30:195-203. 2004..This study reports the development and evaluation of controlled-release mucoadhesive tablets for gingival application, containing eugenol, which are prepared by taking carbopol 934 P and Hydroxypropyl ..
- Tramadol/acetaminophen combination tablets for the treatment of pain associated with osteoarthritis flare in an elderly patient populationNorman R Rosenthal
Ortho McNeil Pharmaceutical, Raritan, New Jersey 08869, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 52:374-80. 2004To evaluate the efficacy and safety of adding tramadol 37.5 mg/acetaminophen (APAP) 325 mg combination tablets (tramadol/APAP) to existing therapy for painful osteoarthritis (OA) flare in a subset of elderly patients.
- Patients' preference for administration of endocrine treatments by injection or tablets: results from a study of women with breast cancerL Fallowfield
Sussex Psychosocial Oncology Group, Cancer Research UK, Brighton and Sussex Medical School, University of Sussex, Sussex, UK
Ann Oncol 17:205-10. 2006Endocrine therapies for advanced breast cancer include tablets and intramuscular injections. When treatments have similar efficacy and tolerability profiles, addressing preferences about routes of administration is important.
- [Use of probiotics Bifidumbacterin and Acilact in tablets in therapy of periodontal inflammations]A I Grudianov
Stomatologiia (Mosk) 81:39-43. 2002..The effect of Acilact and Bifidumbacterin to the normalisation of Mycroflora higher in comparison with Tantum-Verde, particulary in the cases of gingivitis and parodontitis superficialis...
- Optimization of a self-nanoemulsified tablet dosage form of Ubiquinone using response surface methodology: effect of formulation ingredientsS Nazzal
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, Texas Technical University Health Science Center, Amarillo, TX 79106, USA
Int J Pharm 240:103-14. 2002..6, 560.1 and 100, respectively. A new formulation was prepared according to these levels. The observed responses were in close agreement with the predicted values of the optimized formulation...
- Higher strength lanthanum carbonate provides serum phosphorus control with a low tablet burden and is preferred by patients and physicians: a multicenter studyRajnish Mehrotra
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Los Angeles Biomedical Research Institute at Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, California 90502, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 3:1437-45. 2008..This phase IIIb trial assessed the efficacy of increased dosages (3000 to 4500 mg/d) of reformulated lanthanum carbonate (500-, 750-, and 1000-mg tablets) in nonresponders to dosages of up to 3000 mg/d.
- A randomized, multicenter study comparing the safety and efficacy of sodium phosphate tablets with 2L polyethylene glycol solution plus bisacodyl tablets for colon cleansingJohn F Johanson
Rockford Gastroenterology Associates, Rockford, Illinois, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 102:2238-46. 2007The safety and efficacy of NaP tablets have not been compared with 2L PEG lavage solution...
- Combining two-dimensional diffusion-ordered nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy, imaging desorption electrospray ionization mass spectrometry, and direct analysis in real-time mass spectrometry for the integral investigation of counterfeit pharmaceutiLeonard Nyadong
School of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia 30332, USA
Anal Chem 81:4803-12. 2009..Fourteen different artesunate tablets, representative of what can be purchased from informal sources in southeast Asia, were investigated with these ..
- A randomized, crossover design study of sevelamer carbonate powder and sevelamer hydrochloride tablets in chronic kidney disease patients on haemodialysisStanley Fan
Department of Nephrology, Royal London Hospital, London, UK
Nephrol Dial Transplant 24:3794-9. 2009..This study compared the safety and efficacy of sevelamer carbonate powder with sevelamer hydrochloride tablets in CKD patients on haemodialysis.
- Efficacy and safety of oral paliperidone extended-release tablets in the treatment of acute schizophrenia: pooled data from three 52-week open-label studiesRobin Emsley
Department of Psychiatry, University of Stellenbosch, Tygerberg, Cape Town, South Africa
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 23:343-56. 2008Long-term efficacy and safety of paliperidone extended-release tablets (3-12 mg/day) were evaluated in pooled data from 52-week open-label extension (OLE) phases of three 6-week, placebo-controlled, double-blind (DB) trials involving ..
- Efficacy and safety of timothy grass allergy immunotherapy tablets in North American children and adolescentsMichael Blaiss
Department of Pediatrics, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Tenn, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 127:64-71, 71.e1-4. 2011..Allergy immunotherapy tablet (AIT) treatment might be a safe and convenient form of specific immunotherapy but it has not been investigated in North American children and adolescents...
- In vitro disintegration and dissolution studies of once-weekly copies of alendronate sodium tablets (70 mg) and in vivo implicationsRichard J Dansereau
Procter and Gamble Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Mason, OH 45040 9462, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 24:1137-45. 2008The aim of this study was to evaluate the in vitro disintegration and dissolution of 26 alendronic acid tablets (70 mg) on the market in Canada, Germany, the Netherlands, and the United Kingdom compared to the branded product (Fosamax).
- Safety evaluation of saffron (Crocus sativus) tablets in healthy volunteersMohammad Hadi Modaghegh
Mashhad Vascular Surgery Research Center, Imam Reza Hospital, Faculty of Medicine, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, Mashhad MUMS, Islamic Republic of Iran
Phytomedicine 15:1032-7. 2008Saffron (Crocus sativus) stigma tablets were evaluated for short-term safety and tolerability in healthy adult volunteers. The study was a double-blind, placebo-controlled design consisting of a 1 week treatment of saffron tablets...
- Taste masking microspheres for orally disintegrating tabletsJianchen Xu
The College of Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology, Tianjin University, Tianjin, PR China
Int J Pharm 359:63-9. 2008..was to evaluate the potential of microspheres for taste masking when incorporated into orally disintegrating tablets. The microspheres were produced by spray drying a mixture of the model compound (famotidine) with taste masking ..
- Pharmacokinetics of dihydroartemisinin in Artekin tablets for single and repeated dosing in Chinese healthy volunteersXin Hong
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Guangzhou University of Chinese Medicine, Guangzhou, Guangdong Province, PR China
Biopharm Drug Dispos 29:237-44. 2008Aim. To study the pharmacokinetics of dihydroartemisinin (DHA) in Artekin (compound dihydroartemisinin) tablets in Chinese healthy volunteers. Methods...
- In vitro and in vivo evaluation of nimesulide lyophilized orally disintegrating tabletsRaguia Ali Shoukri
Department of Pharmaceutics and Industrial Pharmacy, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 73:162-71. 2009..012) peak plasma concentration, and shortened time to C(max) by 1h (p=0.029). The extent of absorption expressed by AUC was 62% larger when compared to the commercially available tablet...
- Bupropion VS Placebo to Treat Pathological GamblingDonald Black; Fiscal Year: 2004..Subjects on placebo will be administered a similar number o tablets. Subjects will be seen at weeks 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12...
- STATISITICAL DESIGN, MONITORING &COORD. OF VISION CLINICAL TRIALS &EPIDEMIOLOGYKeri Hammel; Fiscal Year: 2013..Each visit will take about 2 to 4 hours. - Participants will take minocycline tablets twice daily for 24 months...
- STATISITICAL DESIGN, MONITORING &COORD. OF VISION CLINICAL TRIALS &EPIDEMIOLOGYKeri Hammel; Fiscal Year: 2012..Each visit will take about 2 to 4 hours. - Participants will take minocycline tablets twice daily for 24 months...
- Programming of Protective CD8 T-Cell Memory by Live and Adjuvanted Subunit VaccinMarulasiddappa Suresh; Fiscal Year: 2013..of acrylic acid) have been used in the pharmaceutical industry to achieve controlled release of medications in tablets and as a bioadhesive in mucosal applications...
- Wireless and Noise Attenuating Headset for Automated Hearing ScreeningOdile H Clavier; Fiscal Year: 2013..the proposed device will enhance the development of quality audiology applications for use with smartphones, tablets, and the Internet...
- Development of an Oral Therapeutic Drug for Spinal and Bulbar Muscular AtrophyCharles C Y Shih; Fiscal Year: 2013..g., capsules, tablets, syrup) will be developed...
- Development of Age-Appropriate Fast Disintegrating Pediatric Granules and TabletsMOJI ADEYEYE; Fiscal Year: 2009..The project's goal is to develop age-appropriate fast disintegrating, fast dissolving (FDFD) granules and tablets of fixed dose combination antiretroviral (ARV) drugs - zidovudine, lamivudine and nevirapine for the pediatric ..
- Iron functionalized silica as oral phosphate binder to treat hyperphosphatemiaWassana Yantasee; Fiscal Year: 2012..year), low-to-moderate efficacy, gastrointestinal adverse effects, and high pill burdens (500-800 mg tablet, 3-12 tablets a day)...
- AGS Guiding Principles for the Care of Older Adults with Multimorbidity: A MobileNancy Lundebjerg; Fiscal Year: 2013..for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) to develop a multi-platform application (app) for smartphones and tablets that is based on our MGP and that draws upon the AHRQ National Guideline Clearinghouse in order to provide ..
- Tablet-Aided BehavioraL intervention EffecT on Self-management skills (TABLETS)Cheryl P Lynch; Fiscal Year: 2013..the effectiveness of a multi-component, Tablet-Aided BehavioraL intervention EffecT on Self- management (TABLETS) intervention on changing behavioral (chronic disease self-management) and clinical outcomes (CVD risk) given the ..
- Integrating Patient Generated Family Health History from Varied EHR Entry PortalsJennifer S Haas; Fiscal Year: 2010..The pathways will include: : (1) computer tablets in waiting rooms to complete the MFHP, (2) a secure internet portal to transfer data collected by patients at ..
- Effects of Estradiol &Phytoestrogens on Stress ResponsivityPauline M Maki; Fiscal Year: 2013..Novasoy(R) 400, 55 mg tablet twice daily);2) oral estradiol (1 mg/daily);and 3) placebo (identical appearing tablets twice daily) in 120 healthy women in the menopausal transition (40 per group)...
- Healthy Ideas ExchangeCHIHHUNG JASON WANG; Fiscal Year: 2011..choice architecture called the Healthy Ideas Exchange which will be implemented via the Web using Smartphones and tablets (e.g., iPad)...
- Asthma Mobile App Development, Dissemination and EvaluationJonathan D Klein; Fiscal Year: 2013..More and more individuals are using mobile tools such as smartphones and tablets as the primary source of Internet connectivity...
- Oral transmucosal drug delivery system for naltrexone for alcohol dependence treaHOCK TAN; Fiscal Year: 2009..PROBLEM/OPPORTUNITY: There are two naltrexone products marketed for treatment of alcohol dependence: oral tablets and injectable depot formulation...
- Doxazosin an a1 Antagonist for Alcohol DependenceGEORGE ANTHONY KENNA; Fiscal Year: 2012..Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the treatment of alcohol dependence (AD), namely disulfiram, naltrexone tablets and injection, and acamprosate, however treatment success has been inconsistent...
- AGE-RELATED GASTRIC CHANGES AND DRUG ABSORPTIONAryeh Hurwitz; Fiscal Year: 1993..Enoxacin, 400 mg, will be administered in tablets and solution to twelve elderly (aged 65 and over) acid secretors and twelve nonsecretors identified by prior ..
- Functional Assessment Screening Patient Reported Information: FAST-PRIRachel Hess; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The proposed project, Functional Assessment Screening Tablets-Patient Reported Information, has been developed in response to PAR-08-270: Utilizing Health Information Technology to Improve Health ..
- A Six-Month, RCT of Probuphine Safety and Efficacy in Opioid AddictionKatherine L Beebe; Fiscal Year: 2010..Though the daily dosing of sublingual buprenorphine tablets has proven effective, this treatment has several shortcomings that have lead to significant public health ..
- Tablet-based Skills Development of Pain Management SkillsKAREN ROSSIE; Fiscal Year: 2012..To address this gap we propose to create The Pain Treatment Simulator for Computer Tablets, a computer tablet-based application to provide a learning and shared experience environment for health ..
- Thermostable vaginal probiotic microbicideVICTOR BRONSHTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2012..In a recent study comparing women's preference between films, tablets and ovules, the film dosage form was shown to have greatest acceptability among women studied...
- Oral transmucosal drug delivery system for naltrexoneHOCK SENG TAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..There are two naltrexone drug products marketed for treatment of alcohol dependence: oral tablets and injectable depot formulation...
- Me, A Doc!ALVIN REES MIDGLEY; Fiscal Year: 2011..Designed for use in classrooms or by individuals with computers or tablets, this interactive learning tool can be disseminated widely and will lead to enhanced health science literacy of ..
- Evaluation of Differing Type 1 Diabetes Regimens in Youth in the Developing WorldTrevor J Orchard; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition a simplified, and standardized, method of delivering diabetes education via personal computer "tablets" will be developed and evaluated to help compensate for the shortage of trained health care professionals ..
- PRE-VIEW An Interactive Video Doctor to Encourage Cancer ScreeningJUDITH MARY EILEEN WALSH; Fiscal Year: 2013..proposal, is to begin to adapt PRE-VIEW in two ways: 1) to a new language (Spanish) and 2) for use with different user interfaces, such as the Internet, cell phones or tablets, while still facilitating patient-physician discussion.
- Reduction in medication administration and charting errors in nursing facilitiesALAN J JACOBS; Fiscal Year: 2013..IdentRx is a novel bench top system capable of determining the composition and dosage of individual pills, tablets and capsules in real-time...
- Recovery Roadmap: Person-Centered Care Planning Janis Tondora; Fiscal Year: 2013..The two tools - which can be accessed on computers, mobile devices, and tablets - work in tandem to support the overall consumer-provider relationship and create a collaborative, person-..
- Novel Rinse to Treat Oral Candidiasis in Cancer PatientsBakul Bhatt; Fiscal Year: 2007..Oral candidiasis is generally treated with systemic antifungals or oral rinses. Fluconazole tablets and clotrimazole troches are the most popular therapies...
- Can mental health apps work in the real world? A feasibility pilot studyADAM H GAZZALEY; Fiscal Year: 2013..provided by applicant): Over two million people in the US download health apps onto their smartphones and tablets, with the intent of improving their quality of life...
- Safety and initial efficacy of lisdexamfetamine for methamphetamine dependenceRAJKUMAR JYOTISHCHANDRA SEVAK; Fiscal Year: 2012..Indeed, d-amphetamine is reportedly abused, primarily by crushing the tablets in order to snort the drug...
- Dose-response of cranberry in women with recurrent UTIsLynn Stothers; Fiscal Year: 2010..with prolonged or high levels of cranberry consumption This study is a dose-response trial of cranberry tablets/capsules, comparing the efficacy of 5 dose levels: placebo, very low dose, low dose, medium dose and high dose...
- Aminotrexate A Novel Strategy to Replace Methotrexate in PsoriasisJohn A Zebala; Fiscal Year: 2010..of oral AMT in moderate-to-severe plaque psoriasis;and (3) determine if splitting the weekly dose over two tablets, given every 12 hours, is preferred over giving the fully weekly dose once, using PASI scoring and safety ..
- Multimedia Lessons for Interactive WhiteboardsGEORGE NASSIS; Fiscal Year: 2013..MMLs from the current CD format to include delivery via web-based access through a computer, iPad and other tablets/mobile devices...
- Artificial Intelligence in a Mobile Intervention for Depression (AIM)DAVID CURTIS MOHR; Fiscal Year: 2013..IntelliCare will be designed as a mobile application, but will be accessible via computer web browsers and tablets. The IntelliCare machine learning framework will use individual data obtained from use data (e.g...
- Breath Test for Individualizing CD Therapy in Parkinson DiseaseDavid I Rosen; Fiscal Year: 2010..for each patient will provide for significant improvement over current therapy that uses standardized CD/LD tablets. Our preliminary data suggests that the current CD doses in commercially available CD/LD tablets may be ..
- Haptic Sensory Glove for Humans and RobotsMandayam A Srinivasan; Fiscal Year: 2012..real, virtual or teleoperated objects;(3) Human-Computer Interfaces: Augmentation of applications involving touch tablets and screens, tactile mouse and haptic interfaces, all applications of virtual reality such as gaming, education ..
- Mobile Cadaver Lab: An Innovative Platform to Supplement Medical Education for MoYoung Seok Kim; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): With the successful launch of Apple's iPad, the markets for mobile tablets have exploded. Such mobile tablets are fast becoming a standard part of education...
- Role of 5-alpha Reductase in Testosterone ActionsShalendar Bhasin; Fiscal Year: 2007..randomly assigned to one of 8 groups: group 1, testosterone enanthate (TE) 50-mg weekly, plus placebo tablets daily; group 2, TE 125-mg weekly plus placebo daily; group 3, TE 300-mg weekly plus placebo daily; group 4, TE ..
- Optimal assessment of HAART adherence in routine clinical careHeidi M Crane; Fiscal Year: 2012..The goal of this study is to validate a novel method of adherence collection using touch-screen tablets for use in clinical care settings focusing on feasibility issues and optimal item selection...
- Preventing Alcohol/Prescribed Drug Misuse in the National Guard: Web and Peer BIFrederic C Blow; Fiscal Year: 2013..Screenings via touch-screen computer tablets will be used to recruit NG members with alcohol/prescribed opioid or sedative misuse in the prior 3 months...
- Novel Methods to Disseminate Knowledge Regarding Molecular Imaging of CancerBRIAN WILLIAM BRESNAHAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..g., smart phones, tablets, and laptops).
- Anti-HIV-1 Composite Cellulose Acetate Phthalate FilmShibo Jiang; Fiscal Year: 2006Cellulose acetate phthalate (CAP), used in the pharmaceutical industry for enteric film coating of tablets and capsules, is an HIV-1 entry inhibitor blocking the CXCR4/CCR5 coreceptor binding sites on the virus and eliciting "dead-end" ..
- Enabling Mobile Device-Based Stimulus Presentation in Biobehavioral ResearchBRUNO C TAGLIAFERRI; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The ubiquity of high-performance mobile devices, such as smartphones and tablets, has the potential to significantly broaden and improve the methods of data collection used in the biobehavioral ..
- Automating Directly Observed Therapy as a Platform TechnologyADAM HANINA; Fiscal Year: 2013..for use in clinical trials which uses sophisticated computer vision technology on webcam- enabled smart phones or tablets to visually confirm medication administration...
- Optimizing Brief Alcohol Intervention for Underage Drinkers in the ERMaureen A Walton; Fiscal Year: 2013..Therefore, the proposed study will use computerized screening using touch- screen computer tablets with audio (~5,700 patients) and will test developmentally appropriate, tailored intervention strategies in a two-..
- Anti-HIV Microbicide: Cellulose Acetate Phthalate (CAP)A Robert Neurath; Fiscal Year: 2004Cellulose acetate phthalate (CAP) has been used as an enteric film coating material or as a matrix binder for tablets and capsules...
- Thermostable vaginal probiotic microbicideVICTOR BRONSHTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2013..In a recent study comparing women's preference between films, tablets and ovules, the film dosage form was shown to have greatest acceptability among women studied...
- Optimizing SBIRT for Drug-Using Patients in an Inner-City Emergency DepartmentFrederic C Blow; Fiscal Year: 2013..Therefore, the proposed study will use computerized screening using touch screen computer tablets with audio (~4,900 patients) and will test intervention strategies in a two-factorial design (3x2)...
- Providing Access to Appliance Displays for Visually Impaired UsersJames M Coughlan; Fiscal Year: 2013..Users Summary The goal of this project is to develop a computer vision system that runs on smartphones and tablets to enable blind and visually impaired persons to read appliance displays...
- IND 20212 (03-25-99) PHASE 3: ORBEC (ORAL BDP) -PATIENTS WITH GI GVHD-FDA-11-12-0KEVIN JAMES HORGAN; Fiscal Year: 2012..whose symptoms have responded to initial treatment, while subjects continue to take the study drug [placebo tablets or an oral topically-active glucocorticoid (beclomethasone dipropionate, BDP)]...
- The CERTAIN Hub: A Platform for Improved Patient Data Collection and StakeholderDavid R Flum; Fiscal Year: 2013..Hub that interfaces with patients in non-clinical and outpatient settings (using computers, mobile devices, tablets, paper) to assess Patient Reported Outcomes (PRO) and other patient perspectives of care...
- FLUORIDE EXPOSURES IN YOUNG CHILDREN-LONGITUDINAL PILOTSteven Levy; Fiscal Year: 1990..of various caries preventive measures, including fluoridated drinking water, dietary fluoride supplements (tablets and drops) , toothpastes, mouthrinses, and professional (dental office) topical applications...
- Live, oral, heat Stable S. typhi TY21a vaccineERIC PATZER; Fiscal Year: 2006..g., quick dissolving thin films or tablets applied directly to the tongue...
- DOUBLE-BLIND STUDY FOR LONG-TERM OF ULCER HEMORRHAGEDennis Jensen; Fiscal Year: 1992..Patients will have antacid tablets for prn treatment of ulcer symptoms and will be followed for a mean of 30 months...
- EFFICACY OF BITTER TASTE BLOCKERS ON FLAVOR ACCEPTANCE IN PEDIATRIC POPULATIONSJULIA ANNE MENNELLA; Fiscal Year: 2013..First, children often cannot or will not swallow pills or tablets (which encapsulates the inherently bitter tasting medications)...
- On-screen Keyboard Access Method to Reduce WorkloadTHOMAS JAKOBS; Fiscal Year: 2012..a browser- based, on-screen keyboard provides access to a wide variety of devices, including smartphones, tablets, and computers...
- A 30-DAY INJECTION FOR TREATMENT OF URINARY INCONTINENCEELIE NUWAYSER; Fiscal Year: 2001..Conventional oxybutynin therapy involves a dose of 5 mg taken 3 times daily in the form of tablets. However, since its oral bioavailability is only 6-9 percent, an injection capable of delivering 1-2 mg/day for ..
- Computer-Facilitated 5A's for Smoking Cessation in Primary CareJason M Satterfield; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): This study tests the use of handheld computer tablets to promote the integration of 5A's for smoking cessation in academic and community primary care clinics...
- Optimizing Alcohol Brief Interventions in the ED: Computer vs. Clinician DeliveryFrederic C Blow; Fiscal Year: 2013..The proposed study will use computerized screening via touch-screen computer tablets with audio to recruit 750 inner-city ED patients screening positive for at-risk or problem alcohol use...
- Allicin bioavailability of garlic productsLarry Lawson; Fiscal Year: 2009..the past 30 years, nearly 100 clinical trials have been conducted with garlic supplements, mainly garlic powder tablets, on several cardiovascular risk factors...
- Advancing Suffolk County's Conformance with the VNRFRPSCHRISTOPHER SORTINO; Fiscal Year: 2013..improvements include a computerized test scoring system, a scanner for food service establishment floor plans and tablets for conducting food service inspections...
- CCBH Completion of VNRFRPSRICK MELENDEZ; Fiscal Year: 2013..New field tablets will replace existing laptops...
- DIET SALT, CALCIUM KIDNEY STONES, BONE IN STONE FORMERSLinda Massey; Fiscal Year: 2001..One of the two weeks, 150 mmol supplemental salt will be added as tablets taken with each meal; the total of 200 mmol is the average consumption measured in previous studies of stone ..