Summary: Homogeneous liquid preparations that contain one or more chemical substances dissolved, i.e., molecularly dispersed, in a suitable solvent or mixture of mutually miscible solvents. For reasons of their ingredients, method of preparation, or use, they do not fall into another group of products.
Publications231 found, 100 shown here
- Pharmaceutical development of a parenteral lyophilised dosage form for the novel anticancer agent C1311Monique W J den Brok
Slotervaart Hospital The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Department of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, Amsterdam
PDA J Pharm Sci Technol 59:285-97. 2005..The drug is currently used in phase I clinical trials...
- Stability of norepinephrine infusions prepared in dextrose and normal saline solutionsMaryse Tremblay
Department of Anesthesiology, Centre Hospitalier Affilie Universitaire De Quebec, Universite Laval, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
Can J Anaesth 55:163-7. 2008..Data on long term stability of NE solutions are lacking. This prospective study was designed to evaluate the stability of NE, in dextrose (5%) in water (D5W) and in normal saline (NS) solutions, for a period up to seven days...
- Characterization of a potential medium for 'biorelevant' in vitro release testing of a naltrexone implant, employing a validated stability-indicating HPLC methodSunil S Iyer
Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298 0533, USA
J Pharm Biomed Anal 43:845-53. 2007..This was applied to an investigation of in vitro drug release. The method has been proven to be suitable for investigation of naltrexone released from the implant...
- Stability of oral liquid preparations of methylergometrineK Marigny
Laboratory of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Rennes, France
Pharmazie 61:701-5. 2006..No degradation products were revealed. This study allowed an oral ready to use solution of methylergometrine (0.05 mg/ml) to be prepared, with a shelf life of more than one month (47 days) when stored at room temperature without light...
- Ranitidine (Zantac) syrup versus Ranitidine effervescent tablets (Zantac) EFFERdose) in children: a single-center taste preference studyVanessa Z Ameen
Clinical Pharmacology and Discovery Medicine, Research and Development, GlaxoSmithKline, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Paediatr Drugs 8:265-70. 2006..Ranitidine syrup is available in a peppermint-flavored 15 mg/mL formulation...
- Acceptance of uncoated mini-tablets in young children: results from a prospective exploratory cross-over studyNatalie Spomer
Department of General Paediatrics and Neonatology, University Children s Hospital, Dusseldorf, Germany
Arch Dis Child 97:283-6. 2012..To explore the acceptance of uncoated drug-free mini-tablets 2 mm in diameter in children aged 0.5-6 years and their ability to swallow the mini-tablets...
- The dental implications of chronic use of acidic medicines in medically compromised childrenJ H Nunn
Department of Child Dental Health, School of Dentistry, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 4BW, UK
Pharm World Sci 23:118-9. 2001..The active agent, as well as some of the other ingredients, can pose a threat to oral health...
- Particulate and microbial contamination in in-use admixed intravenous infusionsKatsuhiro Yorioka
Department of Pharmacy, Saiseikai Yamaguchi University Hospital, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 29:2321-3. 2006..No microbial contamination was observed in any of the residual solutions of 5 types of admixture...
- Is the use of a 200 ml vessel suitable for dissolution of low dose drug products?Debbie J Crail
Procter and Gamble Pharmaceuticals, 8700 Mason Montgomery Road, Mason, OH 45040, USA
Int J Pharm 269:203-9. 2004..The results of the multiple dosage units per vessel also gave similar results to that of the USP monograph method...
- A stability-indicating HPLC method for medroxyprogesterone acetate in bulk drug and injection formulationJankana Burana-Osot
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Silpakorn University, Sanamchandra Palace Campus, Nakhon Pathom 73000, Thailand
J Pharm Biomed Anal 40:1068-72. 2006..The method was found to be suitable for the quality control of MPA in bulk drug and injections as well as the stability-indicating studies...
- Nomenclature associated with chemical characterization of and compatibility evaluations for medical product delivery systemsDennis R Jenke
Technology Resources, Baxter Healthcare Corporation, Round Lake, IL 60073, USA
PDA J Pharm Sci Technol 57:97-108. 2003..This manuscript puts forth a nomenclature which classifies those chemical entities which participate in the system/product interaction and delineates the various extraction strategies which may be used in compatibility assessments...
- Three simultaneous dissolution profiles on a solid pharmaceutical formulation by a FIA manifold provided with a single spectrophotometric detectorE Vranic
Department of Analytical Chemistry, University of Valencia, Moliner 50, 46100 Burjassot, Valencia, Spain
J Pharm Biomed Anal 33:1039-48. 2003..The analytical errors when the concentration of one drug is very small or very high are also checked...
- Stability of dolasetron in two oral liquid vehiclesCary E Johnson
College of Pharmacy, University of Michigan, University of Michigan Hospitals and Health Centers, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 60:2242-4. 2003..An extemporaneously compounded oral liquid preparation of dolasetron mesylate 10 mg/mL in a 1:1 mixture of Ora-Plus and strawberry syrup or Ora-Sweet was stable for at least 90 days when stored at 3-5 or 23-25 degrees C...
- Tuning the polymer release from hydrophilic matrix tablets by mixing short and long matrix polymersAnna Korner
Department of Physical Chemistry 1, Center for Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Lund University, Box 124, SE 221 00, Lund, Sweden
J Pharm Sci 94:759-69. 2005..The presence of small amounts of additives in the nonpurified commercial samples had no significant effect on the tablet dissolution within the uncertainty of the experiment...
- Long-term stabilization of recombinant human interferon alpha 2b in aqueous solution without serum albuminLlamil Ruiz
Formulation Development Department, Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology CIGB, P O Box 6162, Havana, Cuba
Int J Pharm 264:57-72. 2003..Furthermore, both the physical stability (color, odor, appearance, pH, and absence of particulate material) and the sterility of this formulation were maintained under the proposed shelf conditions...
- Challenges and opportunities in the encapsulation of liquid and semi-solid formulations into capsules for oral administrationEwart T Cole
Capsugel Division of Pfizer, CH 4114 Hofstetten, Switzerland
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 60:747-56. 2008..Filling and sealing technologies for hard capsules, provides the formulator with the flexibility of developing formulations in-house from small scale, as required for Phase I studies, up to production...
- Timed-release formulation to avoid drug-drug interaction between diltiazem and midazolamToyohiro Sawada
DDS Research, Novel Pharmaceutical Research Laboratories, Yamanouchi Pharmaceutical Company, Ltd, 180 Ozumi, Yaizu, Shizuoka 425 0072, Japan
J Pharm Sci 92:790-7. 2003....
- Effects of annealing lyophilized and spray-lyophilized formulations of recombinant human interferon-gammaSerena D Webb
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado 80309 0424, USA
J Pharm Sci 92:715-29. 2003....
- Physical and chemical stability of pemetrexed in infusion solutionsYanping Zhang
MD Anderson Cancer Center, The University of Texas, Houston, 77030, USA
Ann Pharmacother 40:1082-5. 2006..Currently, there is no information on the long-term stability of pemetrexed beyond 24 hours...
- Physical and chemical stability of pemetrexed solutions in plastic syringesYanping Zhang
Pharmacy Laboratory, The University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, 77030, USA
Ann Pharmacother 39:2026-8. 2005..Currently, there is no information on the long-term stability of pemetrexed solutions beyond 24 hours...
- A new formulation concept for drugs with poor water solubility for parenteral applicationK Jurgens
Department for Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, Christian Albrecht University Kiel, Germany
Pharmazie 60:665-70. 2005..First in vivo data show good tolerability and blood plasma levels which are comparable to conventional solutions...
- Development of parenteral formulation for a novel angiogenesis inhibitor, CKD-732 through complexation with hydroxypropyl-beta-cyclodextrinJae Hyun Kim
Pharmaceutical Research Labs, CKD Research Institute, Chong Kun Dang Pharm, P O Box 74, Chonan 330 600, South Korea
Int J Pharm 272:79-89. 2004..hemioxalate solution with the favorable reduction of irritation. These results demonstrate that the CKD-732/HP-beta-CyD complex is an attractive formulation for use in the parenteral delivery of CKD-732...
- Extemporaneous procedures for dissolving risedronate tablets for oral administration and for feeding tubesRichard J Dansereau
Procter and Gamble Pharmaceuticals, Mason, OH 45040 9462, USA
Ann Pharmacother 39:63-7. 2005..Extemporaneous procedures for dissolving tablets for feeding tubes and for preparation of an oral liquid have not previously been evaluated...
- Dissolution rate enhancement by adsorption of poorly soluble drugs on hydrophilic silica aerogelsIrina Smirnova
Fachgebiet Thermodynamik und Thermische Verfahrenstechnik, Institut fur Verfahrenstechnik, Technische Universitat Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Pharm Dev Technol 9:443-52. 2004..The dissolution rate of poorly water soluble drugs can be significantly enhanced by adsorption on highly porous hydrophilic silica aerogels...
- Physicochemical characterization of ricobendazole: I. Solubility, lipophilicity, and ionization characteristicsZimei Wu
School of Pharmacy, University of Otago, P O Box 913, Dunedin, New Zealand
J Pharm Sci 94:983-93. 2005....
- Solution stability of factor Xa inhibitors as a function of pHPei Yang
Drug Development, Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 30:967-73. 2004..The mechanism of the reaction is not a specific-acid/base-catalyzed reaction. Based on the experience of this study, an ideal experimental design is proposed, which will be useful for future study on similar drug candidate...
- Stabilization of rasburicase and physico-chemical characterization of the resulting injectable formulationAlain Bayol
Analytical Science Department, Sanofi Synthelabo Recherche, Labege, France
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 30:877-89. 2004..Crystallised excipients participate in forming the structure of the powder and therefore help to prevent any collapse. Amorphous mannitol creates a surrounding medium favourable to the stability of the protein...
- A validated stability indicating ion-pair RP-LC method for zoledronic acidB Mallikarjuna Rao
Analytical Research, Custom Pharmaceutical Services, Dr Reddy s Laboratories, Hyderabad 500049, India
J Pharm Biomed Anal 39:781-90. 2005..It can be also used to test the stability samples of zoledronic acid...
- Determination of cetirizine dihydrochloride, related impurities and preservatives in oral solution and tablet dosage forms using HPLCA M Y Jaber
Chemistry Department, King Fahid University of Petroleum and Minerals, Dhahran 31261, Saudi Arabia
J Pharm Biomed Anal 36:341-50. 2004..28-0.86 microg ml(-1), respectively. The method proved to be specific, stability indicating, accurate, precise, robust and could be used as an alternative to the European pharmacopoeial method set for CZ and its related impurities...
- In vitro and in vivo evaluation of a sulfobutyl ether beta-cyclodextrin enabled etomidate formulationMichelle P McIntosh
The Center for Drug Delivery Research, The University of Kansas, 2099 Constant Avenue, Lawrence, KS 66047, USA
J Pharm Sci 93:2585-94. 2004..The results suggest that the SBE-CD formulation is a viable clinical drug product with a reduced side-effect profile...
- An explanation for the physical instability of a marketed fixed dose combination (FDC) formulation containing isoniazid and ethambutol and proposed solutionsHemant Bhutani
Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis, National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, SAS Nagar, Punjab, India
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 30:667-72. 2004..The study suggests that barrier packaging free from defects and alternatively (or in combination) film coating of the tablets with water-resistant polymers are essential for this formulation...
- Preparation and characterization of enrofloxacin/carbopol complex in aqueous solutionMyung Kwan Chun
College of Pharmacy, Chosun University, Gwangju 501 759, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 27:670-5. 2004..Therefore, these observations suggest that Carbo-enrofloxacin complex I can be used to mask the taste of enrofloxacin...
- Inclusion complexation of diazepam with different cyclodextrins in formulations for parenteral useC Holvoet
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology and Physical Pharmacy, Vrije Universiteit Brussel VUB Brussels, Belgium
Pharmazie 60:598-603. 2005..The stability of the preparations, with and without pH adjustment to pH 5, was investigated during 18 months and during this period no noticeable degradation was observed...
- Stability of Ala 125 recombinant human interleukin-2 in solutionNuria Reyes
Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, P O Box 6162, Havana, Cuba
J Pharm Pharmacol 57:31-7. 2005..Taken together, these preformulation results can be used to design an adequate liquid vehicle for rhIL-2A(125) to be manufactured for human use...
- Compatibility of palonosetron with cyclophosphamide and with ifosfamide during simulated Y-site administrationQuanyun A Xu
Division of Pharmacy, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 62:1998-2000. 2005..The physical and chemical compatibility of palonosetron with cyclophosphamide and with ifosfamide during simulated Y-site administration was studied...
- Study of insolubility problems of dexamethasone and digoxin: cyclodextrin complexationV Dilova
Department of Galenical, Chemical Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Sofia, Bulgaria
Boll Chim Farm 143:20-3. 2004..The same results can be achieved through HP beta CD, by including Dex in a multicomponent composition containing HP beta CD and citric acid in a molar ratio of 1:4:1...
- Physical and chemical stability of palonosetron hydrochloride with five common parenteral drugs during simulated Y-site administrationThomas C Kupie
Analytical Research Laboratories, Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 65:1735-59. 2008..The physical and chemical compatibility of palonosetron hydrochloride with atropine sulfate, famotidine, heparin sodium, lidocaine hydrochloride, and potassium chloride during simulated Y-site administration were studied...
- Stability of flucytosine 50 mg/mL in extemporaneous oral liquid formulationsHeather L Vandenbussche
University of Michigan Hospitals and Health Centers UMHHC, Ann Arbor, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 59:1853-5. 2002
- Solution-mediated phase transformation of anhydrous to dihydrate carbamazepine and the effect of lattice disorderD Murphy
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of Michigan, 428 Church Street, Ann Arbor 48109 1065, USA
Int J Pharm 246:121-34. 2002..These results have significant consequences on the concentration-time profiles of active pharmaceutical ingredients during dissolution of metastable solid phases, crystalline or amorphous...
- Failure of stability prediction for minodronic acid injectable by accelerated stability testingKatsutoshi Nakamura
Pharmaceutical Technology Laboratories and Novel Pharmaceutical Laboratories, Institute for Drug Development and Research, Yamanouchi Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, 180 Ozumi Yaizu shi, 425 0072, Shizuoka ken, Japan
Int J Pharm 241:65-71. 2002..Since the particulate generation could not be observed at higher temperatures, it was suggested that the complex formation was exothermic and accelerated testing did not predict the stability in terms of particulate generation...
- Enhanced drug dissolution using evaporative precipitation into aqueous solutionMarazban Sarkari
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78712 1062, USA
Int J Pharm 243:17-31. 2002..The high dissolution rates are a consequence of the following advantages of the EPAS process: a small primary particle size, a hydrophilic coating on the particles that enhances wetting, and low crystallinity...
- Improving the dissolution rate of poorly water soluble drug by solid dispersion and solid solution: pros and consRina J Chokshi
Applied Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Rhode Island, Kingston, RI 02881, USA
Drug Deliv 14:33-45. 2007..Therefore, considering physical stability and in vivo study results, the solid dispersion was the most suitable choice to improve dissolution rates and hence the bioavailability of the poorly water soluble drug...
- Formulation and evaluation of ketorolac transdermal systemsJun Shik Choi
College of Pharmacy, Chosun University, Gwangju, Korea
Drug Deliv 14:69-74. 2007..There was an excellent relationship found between in vitro permeation flux and in vivo AUC0-infinity...
- Variations in captopril formulations used to treat children with heart failure: a survey in the United kingdomHussain Mulla
Centre for Pharmacy Practice Research, Glenfield Hospital, Leicester, UK
Arch Dis Child 92:409-11. 2007..The objective of this study was to ascertain the interhospital constancy of unlicensed liquid captopril formulations used to treat children with heart failure in the UK...
- Densitometric determination of diclofenac, 1-(2,6-dichlorophenyl)indolin-2-one and indolin-2-one in pharmaceutical preparations and model solutionsJan Krzek
Department of Inorganic and Analytical Chemistry, Collegium Medicum, Jagiellonian University, 9 Medyczna Str, 30 688 Cracow, Poland
J Pharm Biomed Anal 28:227-43. 2002..34% and for indolin-2-one--95.85%. The method was used for quality assessment of diclofenac in pharmaceutical preparations. Reliable results comparable to those determined by high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) were obtained...
- In vitro and in vivo considerations associated with parenteral sustained release products: a review based upon information presented and points expressed at the 2007 Controlled Release Society Annual MeetingMarilyn Martinez
US Food and Drug Administration, Center for Veterinary Medicine, Office of New Animal Drug Evaluation, Rockville, Maryland 20855, USA
J Control Release 129:79-87. 2008
- In vivo performance of an oral MR matrix tablet formulation in the beagle dog in the fed and fasted state: assessment of mechanical weaknessFiona McInnes
Strathclyde Institute of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK
Pharm Res 25:1075-84. 2008..To evaluate the behaviour of an oral matrix modified release formulation in the canine gastrointestinal tract, and establish if a mechanical weakness previously observed in clinical studies would have been identified in the dog model...
- A mechanistic study of danazol dissolution in ionic surfactant solutionsWei Sun
Department of Chemical and Petroleum Engineering, University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas 66045, USA
J Pharm Sci 92:424-35. 2003..In that situation, the nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR)-measured drug diffusivity would not be its actual value in the dissolution process...
- Dissolution test for liquid formulations of omeprazole enteric-coated productsHye J Jang
Ann Pharmacother 37:150-1. 2003
- Parallel screening approach to identify solubility-enhancing formulations for improved bioavailability of a poorly water-soluble compound using milligram quantities of materialWei Guo Dai
ALZA Corporation, 1900 Charleston Road, Mountain View, CA 94039, USA
Int J Pharm 336:1-11. 2007....
- Development and validation of RP-HPLC method for the analysis of metforminM Saeed Arayne
Department of Chemistry, University of Karachi, Karachi 75270, Pakistan
Pak J Pharm Sci 19:231-5. 2006..The proposed method is rapid, accurate, economical and selective and it may be used for the quantitative analysis of metformin in Neodipar tablets because of its sensitivity and reproducibility...
- Oral sustained delivery of paracetamol from in situ gelling xyloglucan formulationsShozo Miyazaki
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Health Science University of Hokkaido, Ishikari Tohbetsu, Hokkaido, Japan
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 29:113-9. 2003....
- Physical and chemical stability of palonosetron hydrochloride with five opiate agonists during simulated Y-site administrationLawrence A Trissel
TriPharma Research, Cashiers, NC 28717 0265, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 64:1209-13. 2007..The physical and chemical compatibility of palonosetron hydrochloride with fentanyl citrate, hydromorphone hydrochloride, meperidine hydrochloride, morphine sulfate, and sufentanil citrate during simulated Y-site administration was studied...
- Development of a simple method for predicting the levels of di(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate migrated from PVC medical devices into pharmaceutical solutionsYuji Haishima
Division of Medical Devices, National Institute of Health Sciences, 1 18 1 Kamiyoga, Setagaya Ku, Tokyo 158 8501, Japan
Int J Pharm 298:126-42. 2005..significant proportional relationship exists between DEHP release potency and methyl yellow solubility of pharmaceutical solutions, and the risk of DEHP exposure to the patients administered pharmaceuticals through transfusion set could ..
- Rapid determination of lidocaine solutions with non-column chromatographic diode array UV spectroscopy and multivariate calibrationKent Wiberg
AstraZeneca R and D Sodertalje, Analytical Development, Sodertalje, Sweden
J Pharm Biomed Anal 30:1575-86. 2003A new method for the rapid determination of pharmaceutical solutions is proposed. A conventional HPLC system with a Diode Array Detector (DAD) was used with no chromatographic column connected. As eluent, purified water (Milli Q) was used...
- Insulin aspart (AspB28 human insulin) derivatives formed in pharmaceutical solutionsMette Uve Jars
Protein Chemistry, BA, Novo Nordisk A S, Bagsvaerd, Denmark
Pharm Res 19:621-8. 2002..To isolate and identify the main insulin aspart (AspB28 human insulin) derivatives formed in pharmaceuticals (pH 7.4 at 5 degrees C), to estimate rates of formation, and to determine their biologic potencies...
- Efficiency, thermodynamic and kinetic stability of marketed gadolinium chelates and their possible clinical consequences: a critical reviewMarc Port
Guerbet, Research Division, Aulnay sous Bois, France
Biometals 21:469-90. 2008..stability, as demonstrated by numerous in vitro and in vivo studies, resulting in various formulations of pharmaceutical solutions of marketed contrast agents...
- Schedule-dependent potentiation of chemotherapeutic drugs by the bioreductive compounds NLCQ-1 and tirapazamine against EMT6 tumors in miceM V Papadopoulou
The Radiation Medicine Institute, Evanston Northwestern Healthcare, IL 60201, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 48:160-8. 2001..Comparisons of schedule-dependent interactions between the hypoxic cytotoxins NLCQ-1/ tirapazamine (TPZ) and various chemotherapeutic drugs in BALB/c mice bearing EMT6 tumors...
- Effect of ethylenediamine on chemical degradation of insulin aspart in pharmaceutical solutionsChristian Poulsen
Pharmaceutics, Diabetes Department, Novo Nordisk A S, Novo Alle, room 6B1 58 1, 2880 Bagsvaerd, Denmark
Pharm Res 25:2534-44. 2008..To examine the effect of different amine compounds on the chemical degradation of insulin aspart at pharmaceutical formulation conditions...
- Evaluation of model solvent systems for assessing the accumulation of container extractables in drug formulationsD R Jenke
Center for Physical and Chemical Sciences, Baxter Healthcare Inc, William Graham Science Center, Round Lake, IL 60073, USA
Int J Pharm 224:51-60. 2001..Of specific concern is the ability of device components to leach into the contacting solution. As pharmaceutical solutions containing surfactants, co-solvents and solubilizing agents become more common, method's for assessing ..
- Significant improvement in sleep in people with intellectual disabilities living in residential settings by non-pharmaceutical interventionsT Hylkema
Coordinator sleep wake research Talant, 9244 ZN Beetsterzwaag, The Netherlands
J Intellect Disabil Res 53:695-703. 2009..Most available studies focus on pharmaceutical solutions. In this study we focus on improving sleep in people with intellectual disabilities living in residential ..
- Detection of IgG aggregation by a high throughput method based on extrinsic fluorescenceFeng He
Formulation and Analytical Resources, AW2 D3152, Amgen, Inc, 1201 Amgen Court West, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Pharm Sci 99:2598-608. 2010..This method may become a powerful high throughput tool to detect IgG aggregates in pharmaceutical solutions and to study other protein properties involving aggregation...
- On-line chemiluminescence determination protocatechuic aldehyde and protocatechuic acid in pharmaceutical preparations by capillary electrophoresisSuqin Han
Institute of Analytical Science, Northwest University, Xi an 710069, China
J Pharm Biomed Anal 37:733-8. 2005..The detection limits (S/N=3) of PAH and PA were 7.0 x 10(-8)M and 5.0 x10(-8)M, respectively. The proposed method has been satisfactorily applied to the determination of PAH and PA in Salivia miltorrhrza pharmaceutical preparations...
- [UV spectrophotometric assay of famotidine in combination with picrolonic acid, picrolinate]M Apostu
Universitatea de Medicină si Farmacie Gr T Popa Iaşi, Facultatea de Farmacie, Disciplina de Chimie Analitică
Rev Med Chir Soc Med Nat Iasi 109:422-5. 2005..This method was successfully applied for famotidine assay from pharmaceutical dosage forms...
- Formulation and evaluation of taste masked oral reconstitutable suspension of primaquine phosphatePunit P Shah
Pharmacy Department, Center of Relevance and Excellence in NDDS, The M S University of Baroda, G H Patel building, Donor s Plaza, Fatehgunj, Vadodara, Gujarat, India
AAPS PharmSciTech 9:1025-30. 2008..Taste evaluation of cachets in human volunteers rated tasteless with a score of 0 to DS24 and 3 to DS25. Thus, results conclusively demonstrated successful taste masking and formulation of cachets with taste masked drug...
- Prevention of post-operative infections in spine surgery by wound irrigation with a solution of povidone-iodine and hydrogen peroxideSimone Ulivieri
Department of Neurosurgery, Santa Maria alle Scotte Hospital, Siena, Italy
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 131:1203-6. 2011..Starting from January 2009, we systematically irrigated the surgical wounds of patients undergoing spine surgery with a solution of povidone-iodine (PVP-I) and hydrogen peroxide (H(2)O(2))...
- Assessment of the accuracy of pharmacy students' compounded solutions using vapor pressure osmometryWilliam M Kolling
School of Pharmacy, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, 220University Park Drive, Edwardsville, IL 62026, USA
Am J Pharm Educ 77:58. 2013..CONCLUSIONS. This simple technique of measuring compounding accuracy using a vapor pressure osmometer allowed students to see the importance of quality control and assessment in practice for both pharmacists and technicians...
- Performance characteristics of an ion chromatographic method for the quantitation of citrate and phosphate in pharmaceutical solutionsDennis Jenke
Technology Resources Division, Baxter Healthcare Corporation, Route 120 and Wilson Road, Round Lake, IL 60073, USA
J Chromatogr Sci 45:50-6. 2007The performance of an ion chromatographic method for measuring citrate and phosphate in pharmaceutical solutions is evaluated...
- A stability indicating LC method for zolmitriptanB Mallikarjuna Rao
Analytical Research, Custom Pharmaceutical Services, Dr Reddy s Laboratories, Hyderabad 500049, India
J Pharm Biomed Anal 39:503-9. 2005..The stress samples were assayed against a qualified reference standard and the mass balance was found close to 99.5%. The developed RP-LC method was validated with respect to linearity, accuracy, precision and robustness...
- Lack of bioequivalence between generic risperidone oral solution and originator risperidone tabletsS van Os
Synthon BV, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 45:293-9. 2007..Risperidone is an atypical anti-psychotic, available in various formulations...
- Compatibility of ondansetron hydrochloride and methylprednisolone sodium succinate in multilayer polyolefin containersChristelle Bougouin
Pharmacy Service, Caremeau Hospital Medical Center, place du Professeur Debré, 3000 Nîmes, France
Am J Health Syst Pharm 62:2001-5. 2005..The compatibility of ondansetron hydrochloride and methylprednisolone sodium succinate in 5% dextrose injection and 0.9% sodium chloride injection was studied...
- Secondary relaxations in supercooled and glassy sucrose-borate aqueous solutionsM Paula Longinotti
Gerencia de Quimica, Comision Nacional de Energia Atomica, Av General Paz 1499 San Martin, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Carbohydr Res 343:2650-6. 2008..The behavior observed for water-sucrose and water-sucrose-borate mixtures is compared with previous results obtained in other water-carbohydrate systems...
- Validated HPTLC method of analysis for artemether and its formulationsNitin G Tayade
Department of Pharmaceutics, Bombay College of Pharmacy, Kalina, Santacruz E, Mumbai 400098, India
J Pharm Biomed Anal 43:839-44. 2007..The limits of detection and quantitation were 65.91 and 197.74 ng per spot, respectively. The method has been successfully applied in the analysis of lipid based parenteral formulations and marketed oral solid dosage formulation...
- Antimony(III)-D, L-tartrates exhibit proton-assisted enantioselective binding in solution and in the gas phaseAruna B Wijeratne
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, The University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, TX, USA
J Am Soc Mass Spectrom 20:2100-5. 2009..This finding urges a more in-depth study of mechanisms associated with exhibited enantiomeric resolving capacity of antimony tartrates in HPLC and CE applications, as well as in former ESI-MS association studies...
- Degradation of azo dye active brilliant red X-3B by composite ferrate solutionG R Xu
State Key Laboratory of Urban Water Resource and Environment, Harbin Institute of Technology, P O Box 2602, 202 Haihe Road, Nangang District, Harbin, Heilongjiang Province, Postal code 150090, China
J Hazard Mater 161:1299-305. 2009..The complete mineralization of X-3B cannot be achieved under the oxidation by CFS. And a tentative pathway for the oxidative degradation of X-3B was postulated...
- Solutions for lipophilic drugs: a biodegradable polymer acting as solvent, matrix, and carrier to solve drug delivery issuesLutz R Asmus
School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Geneva and University of Lausanne, Geneva, Switzerland
Int J Artif Organs 34:238-42. 2011..HexPLA is shown to be a potent solvent and excipient for lipophilic drugs, allowing the initial burst of drug release to be modified and controlled...
- Simultaneous determination of synephrine, arecoline, and norisoboldine in Chinese patent medicine Si-Mo-Tang oral liquid preparation by strong cation exchange high performance liquid chromatographyYue Neng Yi
College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Central South University, Changsha, China
Pharm Biol 50:832-8. 2012..Studies of SMT have been impeded due to the lack of quality control methods...
- Pharmacokinetics and tissue distribution of larotaxel in rats: comparison of larotaxel-loaded microsphere with larotaxel-solutionZhenzhen Liu
School of Pharmacy, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, Wenhua Road 103, Shenhe District, Shenyang 110016, China
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 71:1131-9. 2013....
- Simultaneous quantification of promazine hydrochloride and its sulfoxide in pharmaceutical preparationsJ Karpinska
Institute of Chemistry, University of Bialystok, Poland
Anal Sci 17:249-53. 2001..An elaborated method was successfully used to determine analytes in commercial promazine pharmaceuticals. The obtained results agreed well with those obtained by the HPLC method...
- Stability and transdermal absorption of topical amphotericin B liposome formulationsA Manosroi
Pharmaceutical Cosmetics Raw Materials and Natural Products Research and Development Center, Faculty of Pharmacy, Institute for Science and Technology Research and Development, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
Int J Pharm 270:279-86. 2004..AmB entrapped in charged liposomes showed sustained skin absorption. The positively charged liposome might be the best formulation for AmB, due to its higher stability than other formulations...
- Transdermal delivery of ketorolac tromethamine: effects of vehicles and penetration enhancersYoung Ah Cho
College of Pharmacy, Chosun University, Gwangju, Korea
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 30:557-64. 2004..The highest enhancing effect was attained with 10% caprylic acid in PG; the permeation flux was 113.6 +/- 17.5 microg/cm2/h. The lag time of KT was reduced as the concentration of fatty acids increased except for caprylic acid...
- Spinal chloroprocaine solutions: density at 37 degrees C and pH titrationKimberly B Na
Department of Anesthesiology, Virginia Mason Medical Center, 1100 Ninth Avenue, B2 AN, Seattle, WA 98111, USA
Anesth Analg 98:70-4, table of contents. 2004..0), but the pH can be increased to more than 7.0 with a small amount of bicarbonate (0.25-0.33 mL/10 mL). The increased density of plain chloroprocaine makes it a useful hyperbaric spinal drug without the addition of dextrose...
- Influence of histidine on the stability and physical properties of a fully human antibody in aqueous and solid formsBei Chen
Department of Process Sciences, Abgenix, Inc, Fremont, CA 94555, USA
Pharm Res 20:1952-60. 2003..The aim of the study was to investigate the effect of histidine on the stability and physical properties of a fully human anti-IL8 monoclonal antibody (ABX-IL8) in aqueous and solid forms...
- [A novel gemcitabine delivery system]Akio Sugitachi
Dept of Surgery, Iwate Medical University
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 38:2445-7. 2011..These suggested that our devised system would be clinically useful as a novel tool in cancer chemotherapy...
- Solubility and phase separation of benzocaine and salicylic acid in 1,4-dioxane-water mixtures at several temperaturesM Angeles Peña
Departamento de Farmacia y Tecnologia Farmaceutica, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad de Alcala, Alcala de Henares, E 28871 Madrid, Spain
J Pharm Biomed Anal 36:571-8. 2004..Both drugs showed a nonlinear pattern of enthalpy-entropy compensation...
- [Effects of packaging forms on the stability of vitamin B1 and vitamin C in TPN admixtures]Daisuke Hashimoto
Information Center for Infusion Therapy and Product, Otsuka Pharmaceutical Factory, Inc
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 37:293-5. 2010..However, the decrease in vitamin C content was observed when there was a long time-lag between a preparation and a packaging. We thought it was desirable to pack the TPN bag promptly after the preparation...
- Various irrigation fluids affect postoperative brain edema and cellular damage during experimental neurosurgery in ratsKazuhisa Doi
Division of Pharmacology, Drug Safety and Metabolism, Otsuka Pharmaceutical Factory, Inc, Tokushima 772 8601, Japan
Surg Neurol 66:565-71; discussion 571-2. 2006..This study was conducted to investigate how various irrigation fluids used during neurosurgical procedures affect the degree of postoperative brain edema and cellular damage during experimental neurosurgery in rats...
- Influence of formulation and processing variables on properties of itraconazole nanoparticles made by advanced evaporative precipitation into aqueous solutionStephanie Bosselmann
Division of Pharmaceutics, College of Pharmacy, The University of Texas at Austin, 1 University Station, Mail Stop A1920, Austin, Texas 78712, USA
AAPS PharmSciTech 13:949-60. 2012..The use of sucrose prevented particle agglomeration and resulted in powders that were readily reconstituted and reached high and sustained supersaturation levels upon dissolution in aqueous media...
- Bioequivalence study of levothyroxine tablets compared to reference tablets and an oral solutionRossen Koytchev
Cooperative Clinical Drug Research and Development, Neuenhagen Germany
Arzneimittelforschung 54:680-4. 2004..The results of the present trial confirm the findings of a previous study, performed under steady-state conditions with Eferox tablets 100 microg in patients without thyroid function...
- Administration of a lighter-coloured methadone liquidAndrew Byrne
Drug Alcohol Rev 21:405. 2002
- Rapid intervention for an episode of malignant hyperthermiaDaniel Chartrand
Can J Anaesth 50:104-7. 2003
- Activity coefficients of antibiotics in aqueous NaCl solutions at 298.2 KJan M Hamelink
Dept of Chemical Engineering, McGill University, Montreal, H3A 2B2, Quebec, Canada
Biophys Chem 95:97-108. 2002..The correlation of solubility data using the activity coefficients measured in this work shows the same puzzling results previously observed in systems containing amino acids...
- Spectrophotometric determination of manidipine dihydrochloride based on formation of charge-transfer complex with iodineN De Laurentis
Department of Medicinal Chemistry-Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Bari, Italy
Boll Chim Farm 140:15-9. 2001..The method can be applied successfully to the analysis of commercially available manidipine dihydrochloride tablets...
- Investigations on the predictability of the formation of glassy solid solutions of drugs in sugar alcoholsM Langer
Heinrich Heine Universitat Dusseldorf, Dusseldorf, Germany
Int J Pharm 252:167-79. 2003..In irregular mixtures of drugs and sugar alcohols, an excess entropy and the formation of hydrogen bonds between unlike molecules favor miscibility, that cannot be predicted by regular solution theory...
- Effects of ethanol to water ratio in feed solution on the crystallinity of spray-dried lactosePäivi Harjunen
Department of Pharmaceutics, University of Kuopio, P O Box 1627, FIN 70211 Kuopio, Finland
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 28:949-55. 2002..Surface area of the spray-dried lactose increased as a function of amorphous content...
- Chemical analysis of freshly prepared and stored capsaicin solutions: implications for tussigenic challengesScott E Kopec
The Division of Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Pulm Pharmacol Ther 15:529-34. 2002..033). We conclude that the actual concentration of capsaicin solution is less than predicted, and solutions of 4 microM or higher concentration are stable for 1 year if stored at 4 degrees C protected from light...
- Optimization in development of acetaminophen syrup formulationNimit Worakul
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Prince of Songkla University, Hat Yai, Thailand
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 28:345-51. 2002..Formulators could customize the optimal formulation according to their needs and cost constraints by redefining the desirable outcomes in the source code of the program...
- Modifying the bitterness of selected oral pharmaceuticals with cation and anion series of saltsRussell S J Keast
Monell Chemical Senses Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Pharm Res 19:1019-26. 2002..The purpose of this study was to examine the influence of a variety of cations and anions on the bitterness of selected oral pharmaceuticals and bitter taste stimuli: pseudoephedrine, ranitidine, acetaminophen, quinine, and urea...
- [Stability of busulfan injection solution (Busilvex, Busulfex) in B/Braun Injekt syringes]A Karstens
Apotheke des Klinikums der Johannes Gutenberg Universität Mainz, Germany
Pharmazie 61:845-50. 2006..Unused busulfan injection (Busilvex, Busulfex) is not necessarily to be discarded, but can be stored for a prolonged period of time in a rubber free syringe, preferably under refrigeration...
- Effect of coefficient of viscosity and ambient temperature on the flow rate of drug solutions in infusion pumpsYoshinori Kawabata
Department of Pharmacy, Niigata Cancer Center Hospital, Kawagishi cho, Chuo Ku, Niigata, Japan
Pharm Dev Technol 17:755-62. 2012..The duration of continuous 5-FU infusion is normally set at an average of 46 h, but large variations in the duration of infusion are observed...
- Understanding and modulating opalescence and viscosity in a monoclonal antibody formulationBranden A Salinas
Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado, USA
J Pharm Sci 99:82-93. 2010....
- A RANDOMIZED CONTROLLED TRIAL OF ECHINACEA IN CHILDRENJames Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- PSYCHOPHYSICAL INVESTIGATION OF UMAMI TASTERussell Keast; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Elucidation of the Lipoxygenase-Mediated Pathway of Lun*PAUL MYRDAL; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Digoxin Chiral Isolates as Improved PharmaceuticalsJohn Somberg; Fiscal Year: 2005..The advantage would be a treatment for AF that did not cause cardiac augmentation and vasoconstriction or a treatment for CHF that does not cause heart rate slowing or conduction disturbances. ..
- The Feasibility of Assessing the Prevalence of RicketsJames Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition to assessing possible methodologies for the larger project, the preliminary study is designed to yield standalone results with important implications. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center Pediatric ACTUMurli Purswani; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Host-Response Relationships in Patients with CandidemiaMelissa Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Antiretroviral Pharmacology/Lactating Mother/InfantsMark Mirochnick; Fiscal Year: 2006..This information is needed for the safe and effective use of antiretrovirals in nursing women, and will pioneer a novel approach to the study of breast milk drug transfer. ..
- Safety Pharmacokinetics & Efficacy of Artemether & Lumefantrine in Pregnant WomenMark Mirochnick; Fiscal Year: 2008..The data from this planned study will provide the information needed to ensure that pregnant women receive the appropriate doses of these anti-malaria drugs. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..