Genomes and Genes
delayed action preparations
Summary: Dosage forms of a drug that act over a period of time by controlled-release processes or technology.
Publications262 found, 100 shown here
- Olanzapine long-acting injection: a 24-week, randomized, double-blind trial of maintenance treatment in patients with schizophreniaJohn M Kane
Department of Psychiatry, Zucker Hillside Hospital, North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 75 59 263rd St, Glen Oaks, NY 11004, USA
Am J Psychiatry 167:181-9. 2010..The purpose of the present study was to evaluate the efficacy and tolerability of olanzapine long-acting injection for maintenance treatment of schizophrenia...
- Efficacy of modified-release versus standard prednisone to reduce duration of morning stiffness of the joints in rheumatoid arthritis (CAPRA-1): a double-blind, randomised controlled trialFrank Buttgereit
Department of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, Charite University Medicine, Berlin, Germany
Lancet 371:205-14. 2008..We aimed to assess the efficacy and safety of a new modified-release prednisone tablet compared with immediate-release prednisone in patients with this disease...
- Ropinirole 24-hour prolonged release and ropinirole immediate release in early Parkinson's disease: a randomized, double-blind, non-inferiority crossover studyFabrizio Stocchi
Institute of Research and Medical Care, IRCCS San Raffaele Pisana, Rome, Italy
Curr Med Res Opin 24:2883-95. 2008..This study compares once-daily ropinirole 24-h prolonged release and three-times-daily ropinirole immediate release in patients with early Parkinson's disease...
- A double-blind, placebo-controlled study of modified-release methylphenidate in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderLaurence L Greenhill
New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, New York 10032, USA
Pediatrics 109:E39. 2002..To compare the efficacy, safety, and tolerability of once-daily administration of modified-release methylphenidate (MPH MR) with placebo in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)...
- Mucoadhesive polymeric platforms for controlled drug deliveryGavin P Andrews
School of Pharmacy, The Queen s University of Belfast, Belfast, Ireland
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 71:505-18. 2009..Evolution of such mucoadhesive formulations has transgressed from first-generation charged hydrophilic polymer networks to more specific second-generation systems based on lectin, thiol and various other adhesive functional groups...
- Strategies for improving compliance in treatment of schizophrenia by using a long-acting formulation of an antipsychotic: clinical studiesJohn M Kane
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 64:34-40. 2003....
- Long-acting injectable risperidone: efficacy and safety of the first long-acting atypical antipsychoticJohn M Kane
The Zucker Hillside Hospital, New York, NY 11004, USA
Am J Psychiatry 160:1125-32. 2003..The authors assessed the efficacy and safety of the first long-acting atypical antipsychotic (long-acting injectable risperidone) in patients with schizophrenia...
- Melatonin reduces night blood pressure in patients with nocturnal hypertensionEhud Grossman
Department of Internal Medicine D and Hypertension Unit, The Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Affiliated with Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Am J Med 119:898-902. 2006..We therefore studied the potency of melatonin to reduce nighttime blood pressure (BP) in treated hypertensive patients with nocturnal hypertension...
- A lipid-based liquid crystalline matrix that provides sustained release and enhanced oral bioavailability for a model poorly water soluble drug in ratsBen J Boyd
Department of Pharmaceutics, Victorian College of Pharmacy, Monash University, 381 Royal Pde, Parkville, VIC 3052, Australia
Int J Pharm 340:52-60. 2007..The results indicate that lipids that form liquid crystalline structures in excess water, may have application as an oral sustained release delivery system, providing they are not digested rapidly on administration...
- The effects of extended-release niacin on carotid intimal media thickness, endothelial function and inflammatory markers in patients with the metabolic syndromeM Thoenes
Institut fur Klinische Pharmakologie, Technische Universitat Dresden, Dresden, Germany
Int J Clin Pract 61:1942-8. 2007..We studied the effects of niacin on carotid intimal media thickness (IMT), brachial artery reactivity as well as markers of inflammation and the metabolic profile of patients with metabolic syndrome...
- PET study examining pharmacokinetics, detection and likeability, and dopamine transporter receptor occupancy of short- and long-acting oral methylphenidateThomas J Spencer
Pediatric Psychopharmacology Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Am J Psychiatry 163:387-95. 2006....
- Treatment of schizophrenia with long-acting injectable risperidone: a 12-month open-label trial of the first long-acting second-generation antipsychoticW Wolfgang Fleischhacker
Department of Biological Psychiatry, Innsbruck University Clinics, Anichstrasse 35, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
J Clin Psychiatry 64:1250-7. 2003..The long-term safety and efficacy of long-acting injectable risperidone, the first long-acting second-generation antipsychotic, were evaluated in stable patients with schizophrenia...
- Sustained release of human growth hormone from microcapsules prepared by a solvent evaporation techniqueShigeyuki Takada
Drug Formulation Research Laboratories, Takeda Chemical Industries, Ltd, 2 17 85, Juso honmachi, Yodogawa ku, Osaka 532 8686, Japan
J Control Release 88:229-42. 2003....
- Importance of medication adherence in cardiovascular disease and the value of once-daily treatment regimensWilliam H Frishman
Department of Medicine, New York Medical College Westchester Medical Center, Valhalla, New York 10595, USA
Cardiol Rev 15:257-63. 2007..This review will discuss the impact of adherence to prescribed therapies for CVD, outline common barriers to adherence, and demonstrate the value of once-daily dosing regimens for improved patient adherence...
- Post-injection delirium/sedation syndrome in patients with schizophrenia treated with olanzapine long-acting injection, I: analysis of casesHolland C Detke
Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly Corporate Center, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
BMC Psychiatry 10:43. 2010..During clinical trials, a post-injection syndrome characterized by signs of delirium and/or excessive sedation was identified in a small percentage of patients following injection with olanzapine LAI...
- The effect of prolonged-release melatonin on sleep measures and psychomotor performance in elderly patients with insomniaRemy Luthringer
Forenap Pharma, Rouffach, France
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 24:239-49. 2009..Daytime psychomotor performance was not impaired and was consistently better with PRM compared with placebo. PRM was well tolerated with no evidence of rebound effects...
- Recent advances in the stabilization of proteins encapsulated in injectable PLGA delivery systemsSteven P Schwendeman
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109 1065, USA
Crit Rev Ther Drug Carrier Syst 19:73-98. 2002..Described here are recent advances in the stabilization of proteins encapsulated in PLGA delivery systems...
- 12-month efficacy and safety of OROS MPH in children and adolescents with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder switched from MPHPeter Hoare
Child and Family Mental Health Service, Royal Hospital for Sick Children, 3 Rillbank Terrace, Edinburgh EH9 1LL, UK
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 14:305-9. 2005....
- Sustained-release bupropion for smoking cessation in African Americans: a randomized controlled trialJasjit S Ahluwalia
Department of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, University of Kansas School of Medicine and Kansas Cancer Institute, Kansas City, KS 66160 7313, USA
JAMA 288:468-74. 2002..Few clinical trials for smoking cessation in African Americans have been conducted, despite a different profile of both smoking and quitting patterns...
- Emergence of tics in children with ADHD: impact of once-daily OROS methylphenidate therapyDonna Palumbo
Strong Neurology ADHD Medical Center, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Rochester, NY 14642 8673, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 14:185-94. 2004....
- Varenicline, an alpha4beta2 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor partial agonist, vs sustained-release bupropion and placebo for smoking cessation: a randomized controlled trialDavid Gonzales
Smoking Cessation Center, Department of Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
JAMA 296:47-55. 2006..The alpha4beta2 nicotinic acetylcholine receptors (nAChRs) are linked to the reinforcing effects of nicotine and maintaining smoking behavior. Varenicline, a novel alpha4beta2 nAChR partial agonist, may be beneficial for smoking cessation...
- Morbidity and mortality in patients randomised to double-blind treatment with a long-acting calcium-channel blocker or diuretic in the International Nifedipine GITS study: Intervention as a Goal in Hypertension Treatment (INSIGHT)M J Brown
Clinical Pharmacology Unit, University of Cambridge, UK
Lancet 356:366-72. 2000..We compared the effects of the calcium-channel blocker nifedipine once daily with the diuretic combination co-amilozide on cardiovascular mortality and morbidity in high-risk patients with hypertension...
- Clinical experience with the new long-acting injectable testosterone undecanoate. Report on the educational symposium on the occasion of the 5th World Congress on the Aging Male, 9-12 February 2006, Salzburg, AustriaA Morales
Centre for Urological Research, Queen s University, Kingston, Canada
Aging Male 9:221-7. 2006..Best results are seen in diabetic hypogonadal patients. The regimen of injectable testosterone undecanoate administration ideally fits recommendations regarding pharmacokinetics, efficacy and safety monitoring...
- Lyotropic liquid crystalline phases formed from glycerate surfactants as sustained release drug delivery systemsBen J Boyd
Department of Pharmaceutics, Victorian College of Pharmacy, Monash University, Parkville, VIC 3052, Australia
Int J Pharm 309:218-26. 2006..The stability of the H(II) phase to likely in vivo breakdown products was also assessed...
- Post-injection delirium/sedation syndrome in patients with schizophrenia treated with olanzapine long-acting injection, II: investigations of mechanismDavid P McDonnell
Lilly Research Laboratories, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
BMC Psychiatry 10:45. 2010..The authors conducted a series of parallel investigations into the possible reasons PDSS events occur...
- Order of magnitude differences between methods for maintaining physiological 17beta-oestradiol concentrations in ovariectomized ratsJakob O Strom
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Institute of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
Scand J Clin Lab Invest 68:814-22. 2008..Silastic capsules are conveniently manufactured and used and are superior to pellets and injections in reliably producing long-term 17beta-oestradiol concentrations within the physiological range...
- Efficacy of varenicline, an alpha4beta2 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor partial agonist, vs placebo or sustained-release bupropion for smoking cessation: a randomized controlled trialDouglas E Jorenby
University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Center for Tobacco Research and Intervention, Madison, Wis 53711, USA
JAMA 296:56-63. 2006..Varenicline, a partial agonist at the alpha4beta2 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor, has the potential to aid smoking cessation by relieving nicotine withdrawal symptoms and reducing the rewarding properties of nicotine...
- Polymeric system for dual growth factor deliveryT P Richardson
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Nat Biotechnol 19:1029-34. 2001..This is the first report of a vehicle capable of delivery of multiple angiogenic factors with distinct kinetics, and these results clearly indicate the importance of multiple growth factor action in tissue regeneration and engineering...
- Characteristics and use patterns of patients taking first-generation depot antipsychotics or oral antipsychotics for schizophreniaLizheng Shi
Department of Health Systems Management, School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine, Tulane University, 1440 Canal St, Suite 1900, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Psychiatr Serv 58:482-8. 2007....
- Variables that affect the clinical use and abuse of methylphenidate in the treatment of ADHDNora D Volkow
National Institute on Drug Abuse NIH, 6001 Executive Boulevard, Room 5274 MSC 9581, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Am J Psychiatry 160:1909-18. 2003..The authors evaluated variables that distinguish these two properties...
- Single-dose azithromycin microspheres vs clarithromycin extended release for the treatment of mild-to-moderate community-acquired pneumonia in adultsMargaret A Drehobl
Scripps Clinic Clinical Research, San Diego, CA, USA
Chest 128:2230-7. 2005..Treatment with a single-dose antibiotic regimen may improve compliance with prescribed therapy. A novel microsphere formulation of azithromycin provides a single-dose regimen while maintaining tolerability...
- A double-blind placebo-controlled trial of bupropion sustained-release for smoking cessation in schizophreniaA Eden Evins
Schizophrenia Program, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 012114, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 25:218-25. 2005..We conclude that bupropion does not worsen clinical symptoms of schizophrenia and is modestly effective for smoking cessation in patients with schizophrenia. The relapse rate is high after treatment discontinuation...
- Efficacy, safety and tolerability of metoprolol CR/XL in patients with diabetes and chronic heart failure: experiences from MERIT-HFPrakash C Deedwania
Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Fresno, Calif, USA
Am Heart J 149:159-67. 2005....
- An 8-week, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study of olanzapine long-acting injection in acutely ill patients with schizophreniaJohn Lauriello
Department of Psychiatry, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131 001, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 69:790-9. 2008..To examine the efficacy and tolerability of a new injectable formulation of olanzapine, olanzapine long-acting injection (LAI), relative to placebo for treatment of acutely ill patients with schizophrenia...
- Lovastatin and extended-release niacin combination product: the first drug combination for the management of hyperlipidemiaEric K Gupta
University of the Pacific Thomas J Long School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Stockton, California, USA
Heart Dis 4:124-37. 2002..In this review, we will use "extended-release" to refer to the FDA approved slowly dissolving niacin preparation and "sustained-release" to refer to the nutritional supplements (not FDA approved)...
- Formulation dependent pharmacokinetics--does the dosage form matter for nifedipine?Corey B Toal
Department of Pharmacology, University of Toronto and Bayer Inc, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 44:82-6. 2004..001) longer than for the other formulations. This study suggests marked formulation-dependent pharmacokinetics, which may have important clinical implications...
- Achieving long-term continuous blood naltrexone and 6-beta-naltrexol coverage following sequential naltrexone implantsG K Hulse
Unit for Research and Education in Drugs and Alcohol, School of Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia
Addict Biol 9:67-72. 2004..4 g naltrexone implants. These extended periods of coverage will offer significant benefits for managing the heroin-dependent patient...
- Practical application of pharmacotherapy with long-acting risperidone for patients with schizophreniaSamuel J Keith
Department of Psychiatry, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque 87131 1161, USA
Psychiatr Serv 55:997-1005. 2004..This article provides practical advice to physicians on the characteristics of patients who would benefit from treatment with long-acting atypical antipsychotic agents and offers suggestions on how to initiate treatment...
- Interactions between corticosteroids and beta2-agonists in asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseMalcolm Johnson
GlaxoSmithKline Research and Development, Greenford Road, Middlesex UB6 OHE, UK
Proc Am Thorac Soc 1:200-6. 2004..Corticosteroid/beta(2)-agonist combined activity may also overcome the reduced sensitivity to inhaled corticosteroids that has been reported in some patients with COPD...
- Nebido: a long-acting injectable testosterone for the treatment of male hypogonadismLindsey Harle
University of Texas, Medical Branch at Galveston, TX, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 6:1751-9. 2005..In this paper, the structure, pharmacokinetics, efficacy and side-effect profile of testosterone undecanoate will be reviewed and also compared with other existing testosterone esters...
- A long-acting human growth hormone (Nutropin Depot): efficacy and safety following two years of treatment in children with growth hormone deficiencyBernard L Silverman
Department of Pediatrics, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, USA
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 15:715-22. 2002..c.) injection. The availability of this formulation offers the opportunity for greater convenience and compliance by decreasing the number of injections and frequency of administration required...
- The use of a laboratory school protocol to evaluate concepts about efficacy and side effects of new formulations of stimulant medicationsJ M Swanson
Child Development Center, University of California, Department of Pediatrics, Irvine 92697 4480, USA
J Atten Disord 6:S73-88. 2002..In addition to efficacy, applications of the LSP to measure common side effects related to eating and sleeping were described and discussed...
- Normal-release and controlled-release oxycodone: pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, and controversyMellar P Davis
The Harry R Horvitz Center for Palliative Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland OH 44195, USA
Support Care Cancer 11:84-92. 2003..Oxycodone's kappa receptor binding has little role in abuse or addiction. The cost of CR oxycodone is prohibitive for most American hospices...
- Arterial Biology for the Investigation of the Treatment Effects of Reducing Cholesterol (ARBITER) 2: a double-blind, placebo-controlled study of extended-release niacin on atherosclerosis progression in secondary prevention patients treated with statinsAllen J Taylor
Cardiovascular Research, Cardiology Service, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, 6900 Georgia Ave, NW, Bldg 2, Room 3L28, Washington, DC 20307 5001, USA
Circulation 110:3512-7. 2004..Niacin reduces coronary heart disease morbidity and mortality when taken either alone or in combination with statins; however, the incremental impact of adding niacin to background statin therapy is unknown...
- Does prolonged therapy with a long-acting stimulant suppress growth in children with ADHD?Thomas J Spencer
Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, 02114, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 45:527-37. 2006..To investigate whether prolonged therapy with a long-acting stimulant affects growth in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)...
- Multisite controlled study of OROS methylphenidate in the treatment of adolescents with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderTimothy E Wilens
Pediatric Psychopharmacology Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, YAW 6 6A, 32 Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 160:82-90. 2006..Despite the persistence of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) into adolescence, little is known about the efficacy and tolerability of stimulant medications in this age group...
- Treatment of sexual dysfunction of hypogonadal patients with long-acting testosterone undecanoate (Nebido)Aksam A Yassin
Clinic of Urology Andrology, Segeberger Kliniken, Norderstedt Hamburg, Germany
World J Urol 24:639-44. 2006..So, these results argue for determination of T levels in elderly men with sexual problems. If the levels are subnormal, T treatment is warranted...
- Nanostructure of liquid crystalline matrix determines in vitro sustained release and in vivo oral absorption kinetics for hydrophilic model drugsKathy W Y Lee
Drug Delivery, Disposition and Dynamics, Monash Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Monash University Parkville Campus, 381 Royal Parade, Parkville, Victoria 3052, Australia
Int J Pharm 365:190-9. 2009....
- Multicenter, open-label, prospective evaluation of the conversion from previous opioid analgesics to extended-release hydromorphone hydrochloride administered every 24 hours to patients with persistent moderate to severe painSharon M Weinstein
MD Anderson Cancer Center, University o f Texas, Houston, Texas, USA
Clin Ther 28:86-98. 2006..Hydromorphone hydrochloride is a mu-opioid agonist with dose-dependent analgesic properties. Extended-release hydromorphone hydrochloride (ER hydromorphone HCl) capsules have been developed for administration every 24 hours...
- Effects of laropiprant on nicotinic acid-induced flushing in patients with dyslipidemiaJohn F Paolini
Merck Research Laboratories, Rahway, NJ, USA
Am J Cardiol 101:625-30. 2008..LRPT plus ERN was well tolerated. In conclusion, the significant reduction in ERN-induced flushing provided by LRPT plus ERN supports an accelerated ERN dose-advancement paradigm to achieve rapidly a 2-g dose in dyslipidemic patients...
- Prolonged-release melatonin improves sleep quality and morning alertness in insomnia patients aged 55 years and older and has no withdrawal effectsPatrick Lemoine
The Clinique Lyon Lumière, Meyzieu, France
J Sleep Res 16:372-80. 2007....
- Branch retinal artery occlusion after injection of a long-acting risperidone preparationJohnny Tang
Ann Intern Med 147:283-4. 2007
- Improved control of niacin-induced flushing using an optimized once-daily, extended-release niacin formulationE A Cefali
Kos Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Cranbury, NJ, USA
Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 44:633-40. 2006....
- Better efficacy for the osmotic release oral system methylphenidate among poor adherents to immediate-release methylphenidate in the three ADHD subtypesWen Jiun Chou
Department of Child Psychiatry, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital Kaohsiung Medical Center, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 63:167-75. 2009....
- Population pharmacokinetics of S(-)-carvedilol in healthy volunteers after administration of the immediate-release (IR) and the new controlled-release (CR) dosage forms of the racemateAhmed A Othman
Pharmacokinetics Biopharmaceutics Laboratory, School of Pharmacy, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
AAPS J 9:E208-18. 2007..The model performed well in simulation and leverage analysis indicated its robustness. The model will be a useful tool for future simulation studies...
- Modeling of drug release from delivery systems based on hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC)J Siepmann
College of Pharmacy, Universite d Angers, 16 Boulevard Daviers, 49100, Angers, France
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 48:139-57. 2001..The present article is a comprehensive review of the current state of the art of mathematical modeling drug release from HPMC-based delivery systems and discusses the crucial points of the most important theories...
- Persistence with cholinesterase inhibitor therapy for dementia: an observational administrative health database studyNathan Herrmann
Department of Psychiatry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Drugs Aging 26:403-7. 2009..To determine if choice of drug and ease of administration affect persistence of therapy with cholinesterase inhibitors (ChEIs) for treatment of dementia...
- Primary treatment of acromegaly with octreotide LAR: a long-term (up to nine years) prospective study of its efficacy in the control of disease activity and tumor shrinkageRenato Cozzi
Division of Endocrinology, Ospedale Niguarda, Viale Ezio 5, I 20149 Milan, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:1397-403. 2006..Neurosurgery is regarded as the first-line treatment of acromegaly. Because of its low cure rate in macro and invasive adenoma, the role of primary medical treatment is debated...
- Safety and efficacy of extended-release niacin for the treatment of dyslipidaemia in patients with HIV infection: AIDS Clinical Trials Group Study A5148Michael P Dube
Department of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Antivir Ther 11:1081-9. 2006..Dyslipidaemia is very common in patients with HIV infection, but current therapies are often suboptimal. Since niacin may cause insulin resistance and hepatotoxicity, it has generally been avoided in this setting...
- Comparison of the effects of different routes of antipsychotic administration on pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamicsLarry Ereshefsky
Department of Pharmacology, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio and Clinical Research Unit, San Antonio State Hospital, 78229, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 64:18-23. 2003..Consistent with other long-acting medications, plasma drug level fluctuation is reduced more with long-acting than with oral risperidone. Analyses are currently underway to further examine safety outcomes with long-acting risperidone...
- Long-acting medications for the hyperkinetic disorders. A systematic review and European treatment guidelineTobias Banaschewski
Dept of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Psychotherapy, University of Goettingen, Von Siebold Str 5, 37075 Goettingen, Germany
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 15:476-95. 2006..Individual clinical choice is needed. (3) Both ATX and extended-release preparations of stimulants should be available. The choice will depend upon the circumstances, and detailed recommendations are made...
- Biodegradable nanoparticles for cytosolic delivery of therapeuticsJaspreet K Vasir
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 59:718-28. 2007....
- The effect of 24 months of combination statin and extended-release niacin on carotid intima-media thickness: ARBITER 3Allen J Taylor
Cardiology Service, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC 20307 5001, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 22:2243-50. 2006..Whether longer treatment with ERN would have a greater effect on carotid intima-media thickness (CIMT) is unknown...
- Comparison of the efficacy, tolerability, and safety of formoterol dry powder and oral, slow-release theophylline in the treatment of COPDAndrea Rossi
Respiratory Division, Bergamo General Hospital, Bergamo, Italy
Chest 121:1058-69. 2002..To compare the efficacy, tolerability, and safety of therapy with formoterol and oral slow-release theophylline (THEO) in patients with COPD...
- Efficacy and safety of direct transition to risperidone long-acting injectable in patients treated with various antipsychotic therapiesHans Jurgen Moller
Department of Psychiatry, University of Munich, Germany
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 20:121-30. 2005..Direct initiation of RLAI was effective and well tolerated. RLAI provides an advancement in the treatment options available for a wide range of patients requiring long-term antipsychotic therapy...
- A randomized, controlled effectiveness trial of OROS-methylphenidate compared to usual care with immediate-release methylphenidate in attention deficit-hyperactivity disorderMargaret Steele
Department of Psychiatry, Pediatrics and Family Medicine, University of Western Ontario, London, ON
Can J Clin Pharmacol 13:e50-62. 2006..However, the most useful information to clinicians comes from an effectiveness study design...
- Thirty-five months experience of risperidone long-acting injection in a UK psychiatric service including a mirror-image analysis of in-patient careO S Niaz
Sheffield Care Trust, Sheffield
Acta Psychiatr Scand 116:36-46. 2007..To report the use of risperidone long-acting injection (RLAI) in a UK psychiatric service...
- Profile of carvedilol controlled-release: a new once-daily formulation of carvedilolGregg C Fonarow
Ahmanson UCLA Cardiomyopathy Center, 10833 LeConte Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1679, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 7:2533-46. 2006....
- Symptomatic remission in elderly schizophrenia patients treated with long-acting risperidoneShelly Tadger
Abarbanel Mental Health Center, Bat Yam and Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Int Psychogeriatr 20:1245-50. 2008..In elderly schizophrenia patients remission is difficult to determine due to long disease duration, exposure to differing treatments, long-standing side-effects, non-adherence, cognitive decline and physical comorbidity...
- Factorial antihypertensive study of an extended-release metoprolol and hydrochlorothiazide combinationVasilios Papademetriou
Hypertension Research, VA Medical Center and Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20422, USA
Am J Hypertens 19:1217-25. 2006..Thiazide diuretic/beta-blocker regimens lower BP, and clinical studies indicate that they reduce the risk for cardiovascular consequences of hypertension. Fixed-dose combination tablets can simplify multidrug treatment regimens...
- Once-daily, high-concentration MMX mesalamine in active ulcerative colitisMichael A Kamm
Department of Gastroenterology, St Mark s Hospital, Watford Road, Harrow, United Kingdom
Gastroenterology 132:66-75; quiz 432-3. 2007..A delayed-release oral mesalamine (ASACOL; Procter & Gamble, Cincinnati, OH) reference arm was included...
- Fibrate therapy in the management of dyslipidemias, alone and in combination with statins: role of delayed-release fenofibric acidSusan M Schima
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, NE 68131, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 11:731-8. 2010....
- Safety and clinical efficacy of a new 6-month depot formulation of leuprorelin acetate in patients with prostate cancer in EuropeU W Tunn
Urological Department, Städtisches Klinikum, Offenbach, Germany
Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis 12:83-7. 2009..25 mg leuprorelin acetate in the treatment of prostate cancer...
- New for old? Risperidone long-acting injection in older patientsPamela Hudson-Jessop
Nambour Hospital, Nambour, QLD, Australia
Australas Psychiatry 15:461-4. 2007..To describe six older patients who were treated with risperidone long-acting injection, and to discuss the role of this medication in a psychogeriatric setting...
- Depot risperidone in elderly patients: the experience of an Australian aged psychiatry serviceDhiren Singh
Int Psychogeriatr 19:789-92. 2007
- Synthesis of chemically cross-linked hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose hydrogels and their application in controlled release of 5-amino salicylic acidSoodabeh Davaran
Research Center for Pharmaceutical Nanotechnology, Tabriz University of Medical Science, Tabriz, Iran
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 33:881-7. 2007..5% to 2%. 5-Aminosalicylic acid (5-ASA) was used as a model of an anti-inflammatory drug. Cross-linked HPMC hydrogels were found to be a promising drug delivery system for the drugs to be delivered to the colon...
- Efficacy of prolonged release melatonin in insomnia patients aged 55-80 years: quality of sleep and next-day alertness outcomesAlan G Wade
CPS Research, Glasgow, UK
Curr Med Res Opin 23:2597-605. 2007..The efficacy and safety of a prolonged release melatonin formulation (PR-melatonin; Circadin* 2 mg) were examined in insomnia patients aged 55 years and older...
- Acetylsalicylic acid reduces niacin extended-release-induced flushing in patients with dyslipidemiaRoopal B Thakkar
Abbott Laboratories, Abbott Park, Illinois 60064 6193, USA
Am J Cardiovasc Drugs 9:69-79. 2009..Niacin extended-release (NER) is safe and effective for treatment of dyslipidemia. However, some patients discontinue NER treatment because of flushing, the most common adverse event associated with niacin therapy...
- Neurocognitive effects of switching from methylphenidate-IR to OROS-methylphenidate in children with ADHDYeni Kim
Department of Psychiatry, Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Institute of Human Behavioral Medicine, Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Hum Psychopharmacol 24:95-102. 2009..This study evaluated neurocognitive changes after switching from immediate release forms of methylphenidate (MPH-IR) to osmotic release oral system methylphenidate (OROS-MPH)...
- Ethanol does not alter the pharmacokinetic profile of the controlled-release formulation of carvedilolLinda S Henderson
GlaxoSmithKline, 709 Swedeland Road, King of Prussia, PA 19406, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 47:1358-65. 2007..Ethanol did not alter the pharmacokinetic profile of carvedilol controlled-release...
- Suppression of niacin-induced vasodilation with an antagonist to prostaglandin D2 receptor subtype 1E Lai
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Merck Research Laboratories, Rahway, New Jersey, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 81:849-57. 2007..In conclusion, the DP1 receptor antagonist laropiprant was effective in suppressing both subjective and objective manifestations of niacin-induced vasodilation...
- Aspirin reduces cutaneous flushing after administration of an optimized extended-release niacin formulationE A Cefali
Kos Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Cranbury, NJ, USA
Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 45:78-88. 2007..The current study was designed to evaluate the effect of aspirin on various indices of flushing when administered with the optimized niacin ER formulation...
- Buprenorphine in long-term control of chronic pain in cancer patientsMaria Caterina Pace
Department of Anesthesiology, Surgical and Emergency Sciences, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Front Biosci 12:1291-9. 2007..01), mental health (P = 0.03) and vitality (P = 0.001). These data indicated that the BT group showed an improvement of pain and a positive effect on the quality life...
- Atomoxetine and osmotically released methylphenidate for the treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: acute comparison and differential responseJeffrey H Newcorn
Department of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai Medical Center, Box 1230, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, NY 10029, USA
Am J Psychiatry 165:721-30. 2008....
- Triggered release of inhaled insulin from the agglomerated vesicles: pharmacodynamic studies in ratsEfstathios Karathanasis
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Houston, Houston, Texas, USA
J Control Release 113:117-27. 2006..Euglycemic clamp studies verified the accelerated insulin release upon application of cysteine...
- Long-term management of chronic pain with transdermal buprenorphine: a multicenter, open-label, follow-up study in patients from three short-term clinical trialsRudolf Likar
Pain Clinic, General Hospital Klagenfurt, Klagenfurt, Austria, and Pain Clinic, University of Erlangen Nurnberg, Germany
Clin Ther 28:943-52. 2006..Long-term data are essential to determining the performance of an analgesic in the management of chronic pain...
- Pegylated protein encapsulated multivesicular liposomes: a novel approach for sustained release of interferon alphaS P Vyas
Drug Delivery Research Laboratory, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Dr Hari Singh Gour Vishwavidyalaya Sagar, MP, India
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 32:699-707. 2006..The results confirmed the possibility of multivesicular liposomes as a long-acting or sustained-release delivery system using a combination of pegylation and encapsulation technique for controlled delivery of interferon alpha...
- Relative benefits of stimulant therapy with OROS methylphenidate versus mixed amphetamine salts extended release in improving the driving performance of adolescent drivers with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderDaniel J Cox
Department of Psychiatric Medicine, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Pediatrics 118:e704-10. 2006..Studies have demonstrated that stimulants improve driving performance. This study compared 2 long-acting stimulant medications during daytime and evening driving evaluations...
- Comparison of the safety and efficacy of a combination tablet of niacin extended release and simvastatin vs simvastatin monotherapy in patients with increased non-HDL cholesterol (from the SEACOAST I study)Christie M Ballantyne
Baylor College of Medicine and Methodist DeBakey Heart and Vascular Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Am J Cardiol 101:1428-36. 2008..In conclusion, this study showed that NER/S provided additional clinically relevant improvements in multiple lipid parameters and was safe and well tolerated...
- In vitro and in vivo considerations associated with parenteral sustained release products: a review based upon information presented and points expressed at the 2007 Controlled Release Society Annual MeetingMarilyn Martinez
US Food and Drug Administration, Center for Veterinary Medicine, Office of New Animal Drug Evaluation, Rockville, Maryland 20855, USA
J Control Release 129:79-87. 2008
- Nighttime dosing with tolterodine reduces overactive bladder-related nocturnal micturitions in patients with overactive bladder and nocturiaRaymond Rackley
Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Urology 67:731-6; discussion 736. 2006..To evaluate the efficacy and tolerability of nighttime tolterodine dosing on urgency-related micturitions in patients with overactive bladder (OAB) and nocturia...
- Extended-release intramuscular naltrexoneTracy Swainston Harrison
Adis International Limited, Auckland, New Zealand
Drugs 66:1741-51. 2006..The proportion of patients with clinically significant plasma transaminase elevations was not different between patients receiving extended-release intramuscular naltrexone and those receiving placebo...
- Extended-release niacin alters the metabolism of plasma apolipoprotein (Apo) A-I and ApoB-containing lipoproteinsStefania Lamon-Fava
Lipid Metabolism Laboratory, Jean Mayer USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 28:1672-8. 2008..Extended-release niacin effectively lowers plasma TG levels and raises plasma high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol levels, but the mechanisms responsible for these effects are unclear...
- Extended treatment with bupropion SR for cigarette smoking cessationJoel D Killen
Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5705, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 74:286-94. 2006..001; week 25: 48% vs. 31%, p = .001; week 52: 39% vs. 27%, p = .01). Because most smokers suffer relapse with any current cessation treatment, the comparatively high abstinence percentages achieved in this trial are of interest...
- Long-term safety and efficacy of a combination of niacin extended release and simvastatin in patients with dyslipidemia: the OCEANS studyRichard H Karas
Division of Cardiology, Molecular Cardiology Research Institute, Tufts Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Cardiovasc Drugs 8:69-81. 2008..This fact has focused increased attention on treating abnormalities of non-high-density lipoprotein-cholesterol (non-HDL-C), HDL-C, and triglycerides in national guidelines and has intensified interest in combination therapy...
- Differential effects of the antimuscarinic agents darifenacin and oxybutynin ER on memory in older subjectsGary Kay
Washington Neuropsychological Institute, Washington, DC 20016, USA
Eur Urol 50:317-26. 2006..To investigate the effects of darifenacin controlled-release (CR) and oxybutynin extended-release (ER) on cognitive function (particularly memory) in older subjects...
- Injectable, sustained-release naltrexone for the treatment of opioid dependence: a randomized, placebo-controlled trialSandra D Comer
Division on Substance Abuse, New York State Psychiatric Institute, and Department of Psychiatry, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, New York 10032, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 63:210-8. 2006..Oral naltrexone can completely antagonize the effects produced by opioid agonists. However, poor compliance with naltrexone has been a major obstacle to the effective treatment of opioid dependence...
- Evaluation of the safety and tolerability of prolonged-release nicotinic acid in a usual care setting: the NAUTILUS studyA Vogt
Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Germany
Curr Med Res Opin 22:417-25. 2006....
- First-line octreotide-LAR therapy induces tumour shrinkage and controls hormone excess in patients with acromegaly: results from an open, prospective, multicentre trialAnnamaria Colao
Department of Molecular and Clinical Endocrinology and Oncology, Federico II, University of Naples, Italy
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 64:342-51. 2006..The majority of patients with acromegaly have large tumours and the outcome of conventional management remains poor...
- Effect of methylphenidate formulation on treatment patterns and use of emergency room servicesJason E Kemner
Medical Science Liaison, Ortho Urology, McNeil Consumer and Specialty Products, Fort Washington, PA, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 63:317-22. 2006....
- Sucrose acetate isobutyrate as an in situ forming system for sustained risperidone releaseYaxin Lu
School of Pharmacy 32 mail box, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, Wenhua Road 103, Shenyang 110016, Liaoning Province, PR China
J Pharm Sci 96:3252-62. 2007....
- PILOT EXPLORATIONS OF ZINC EFFECTS IN ADHDL Arnold; Fiscal Year: 2007..Outcome measures include parent/teacher-rated ADHD symptoms for phases 1&2, and amphetamine optimal dose for phase 3. Tissue zinc will be determined by 3 state-of-the-art assays. ..
- Dopamine Transporter Binding by PET in Adult ADHDThomas Spencer; Fiscal Year: 2007..qenetic risk factors, a) We hypothesize that DAT binding will be associated with the 480 allele of the 40-bp VNTR in the 3'-untranslated region of the dopamine transporter gene. ..
- AN ECOGENETIC STUDY OF ADHDStephen Faraone; Fiscal Year: 2003..Furthermore, no studies have used an ecogenetic approach to sharpen the accuracy of risk prediction. ..
- TESTING THE VALIDITY OF ADULT ATTENTION DEFICIT DISORDERStephen Faraone; Fiscal Year: 2002..Thus, if founded, we expect that the proposed work will lead to a program of research that can both clarify the nosological complexities of adult ADHD and clarify the nature of genes that are risk factors for the disorder. ..
- CONTROLLED STUDY OF METHYLPHENIDATE IN ADULTS WITH ADHDThomas Spencer; Fiscal Year: 2002..The auditory and visual continuous performance tasks and the Stroop test will be used to further assess treatment efficacy. A larger neuropsychological battery will be used to assess the long term effects of MPH treatment. ..
- Validating Novel Familial Phenotypes of Drug AbuseStephen Faraone; Fiscal Year: 2007..State of the art statistical techniques will be employed. ..
- Analysis of an ADHD Whole Genome Association ScanStephen Faraone; Fiscal Year: 2007..All genotype data generated by the GAIN whole genome association scan will be made available to the scientific community by GAIN as soon as the genotypes are completed. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- International Multi-Center ADHD Genetics ProjectStephen Faraone; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- 2/5-The Psychiatric GWAS Consortium: Integrated & Coordinated GWAS Meta-AnalysesStephen Faraone; Fiscal Year: 2008..Finally, the PGC proposes to abide as fully as possible with the NIH's GWAS data sharing policies and we provide a detailed data sharing plan and timetable. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Searching for ADHD Susceptibility GenesStephen V Faraone; Fiscal Year: 2010..That, in turn, should facilitate the search for newer, more effective treatments for the disorder. ..
- PREVENTION OF CIGARETTE SMOKING IN ADHD YOUTHJoseph Biederman; Fiscal Year: 2001..Since there are estimated to be 3.5 million children with ADHD and 20% have been shown to be smokers, targeting this group could potentially impact 700,000 children and adolescents. ..
- Adult Outcome of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity DisorderJoseph Biederman; Fiscal Year: 2007..For these reasons, we expect the proposed work to clarify the course and outcome of ADHD. ..
- Collaborative Pediatric Bipolar Disorder ConferenceJoseph Biederman; Fiscal Year: 2007..While the proposed conference does not intend to solve all outstanding problems associated with pediatric bipolar disorder, it will provide a forum to begin formulating a solution. ..
- LONGITUDINAL FOLLOW UP OF ADHD GIRLS AND THEIR SIBLINGSJoseph Biederman; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Course of psychopathology in female youth: Analysis with extant longitudinal dataJoseph Biederman; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Urodynamic and Multiethnic Variability of Men Treated b*Steven Kaplan; Fiscal Year: 2005..Baseline urodynamic parameters which may predict improved outcome after MIST 3. The success of various types of MIST in treating BPH in African - American, Hispanic and Caucasian men. ..
- Substance Abuse in ADHD GirlsTimothy Wilens; Fiscal Year: 2006..Thus, the research, approach, and goals of this R01 application are consistent with those underscored in the PA and by the Institute of Medicine as being of the highest research priority. ..
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Therapies Treatment Consort*Claus Roehrborn; Fiscal Year: 2005..The MIST Study Group will be a blueprint for a technology assessment group applicable to other areas of urology and other medical or surgical subspecialties. ..
- Medication Management Decisions in SchizophreniaMark Olfson; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results will inform quality improvement programs by identifying key modifiable determinants of the quality of medication management in the community treatment of schizophrenia. ..
- Juvenile Bipolar Disorder and Substance AbuseTimothy E Wilens; Fiscal Year: 2010..Since BPD is identifiable and treatable, findings from the four-year follow-up will provide valuable information to formulate prevention and early intervention strategies. ..
- LONG TERM DRUG ABUSE IN ADHDTimothy Wilens; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- OPIATE ENDOCRINE INTERACTIONS--DEVELOPMENTAL ASPECTSTHEODORE CICERO; Fiscal Year: 2003..The proposed animal studies could establish whether gender differences exist and if these differences are based on inherent, first-order biological differences between the sexes. ..
- PROSPECTIVE STUDY OF TARDIVE DYSKINESIA DEVELOPMENTJohn Kane; Fiscal Year: 2001..This strategy will provide a rapid and cost-effective answer to a critical question. ..
- Molecular Genetics of Inattention in AustraliaTHEODORE CICERO; Fiscal Year: 2009..This will be at a marked cost savings due to the employment of existing well-characterized samples and the long history of collaborative studies between investigators from Australia and the United States. ..
- Biometric and Measured Genetic Research on SmokingGary Swan; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such knowledge will confer new insights about the etiology and progression of smoking and should improve the current understanding of smoking, which is still largely descriptive. ..
- ACTION - A CHF Trial Investigating Outcomes of ExerciseGregg Fonarow; Fiscal Year: 2006..The trial will take place over 5 years with an initial 6 months for planning, training, and implementation; 3 years of enrollment; 1 year of follow-up; and 6 months for close out, analysis, and presentation. ..
- Eighth Nerve Stimulation for the Treatment of ADHDL Arnold; Fiscal Year: 2003..We hypothesize that CMA stimulation will show a larger effect than simple rotary stimulation, significant compared to sham control. Sufficient sample size is assured by the Ohio State University's recruitment record. ..
- RUPP-PIOscar Bukstein; Fiscal Year: 2006..The expertise and experience at this RUPP-PI site also will be directed to train new investigators. In creating TASA, a collaborative group of 8 applicants forged the ability to work together. ..
- PHARMACOKINETICS OF NICOTINE IN TWINSGary Swan; Fiscal Year: 2002..Ultimately, this knowledge may lead to more informed and more finely targeted treatment of individuals who are either susceptible to nicotine addiction or are already addicted to this substance. ..
- BUPRENORPHINE ABUSE BY HUMANS--LABORATORY STUDIESSandra Comer; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Controlled Study of SAMe vs.Escitalopram in Major Depressive DisorderMaurizio Fava; Fiscal Year: 2008..Secondary aims are to assess the acute effects of SAMe or escitalopram vs. placebo on remission rates, quality of life, and psychosocial functioning. ..
- Impact of Smoking Cessation on SleepGary Swan; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results of this project will be particularly important for the development of targeted treatment approaches designed to ameliorate sleep disruption as part of an overall smoking cessation strategy. ..
- Pelvic Floor Changes Before and After BirthREBECCA GLENN ROGERS; Fiscal Year: 2010..This project will provide fundamental data to guide future decisions about labor interventions to prevent PF changes as well as data-based decisions regarding maternal request cesarean. ..
- MR SPECTROSCOPIC IMAGING DURING METHADONE MAINTENANCEMark Pollack; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Improving Outcomes in Pharmacotherapy of Social PhobiaMark Pollack; Fiscal Year: 2009..It thus directly addresses a critical public health issue that adversely affects a substantial proportion of the population. ..
- BUPROPION AS AN ADJUNCT TO THE NICOTINE PATCH PLUS CBTMaurizio Fava; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Treatment of Nicotine Dependence in Health Care SettingGary Swan; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- D-Cycloserine Enhancement of Exposure in Social PhobiaMark H Pollack; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study addresses an important public health issue by assessing an intervention that may lead to a more efficient and effective application of empirically based psychosocial interventions for the treatment of SAD. ..
- Impact of Trauma of Terroist Attack on Bipolar PatientsMark Pollack; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- ADHD Phenotype Network: Animal Model to Clinical TrialFloyd Sallee; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Sustained-Release Naltrexone for Opioid Dependence: Longitudinal Study in HumansSandra D Comer; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- TREATMENT REFRACTORY PANIC DISORDERNaomi Simon; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Development of an Inventory of Depressive SymptomatologyAUGUSTUS RUSH; Fiscal Year: 2005..g., anxiety, irritability) (IDS-C and SR) that are in the public domain for use with patients across the age spans seen in practice and in research. ..
- Home Base Treatment for Drug Use in Early AdolescentsOscar Bukstein; Fiscal Year: 2005..These interventions are expected to improve not only substance abuse outcomes, but a range of impairments and symptoms associated with the DBDs and high risk for the early onset type of substance use disorder. ..
- CLONIDINE IN ADHDFloyd Sallee; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- PAIN AND ANALGESIC RESPONSE--SEX AND HORMONE VARIATIONSSandra Comer; Fiscal Year: 2002..In addition, they will more carefully examine sex differences in analgesic response to butorphanol and morphine, two agonists with differing selectivities for mu and kappa opioid receptors. ..
- CVD RISK FACTORS AND BRAIN MORPHOLOGY IN NHLBI TWINSGary Swan; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Predicting Response to Atomoxetine and MethlyphenidateJeffrey Newcorn; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- DAYTIME SLEEPINESS--PREVALENCE, CONSEQUENCES, AND RISKSThomas Roth; Fiscal Year: 2003..The important contribution of the present proposal is that it will be the first population-based study to use laboratory assessments, its consequences and risks to measure sleepiness. ..
- Beaumont Interstitial Cystitis Clinical Research NetworkKenneth Peters; Fiscal Year: 2007..Adverse events and complications will be monitored. Ancillary studies as agreed upon by the ICCRN will be carried out in conjunction with the clinical trial. ..
- RARbeta in Melanoma: Epigenetic Regulation by NutrientsRichard Niles; Fiscal Year: 2007..Depending on results obtained, this investigation can be translated into nutritional studies with animal models of melanoma. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Endothelial Dysfunction Due to HIV-1 Protease InhibitorsMitchell Goldman; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- SERTRALINE FOR ALCOHOL DEPENDENCE AND DEPRESSIONHelen Pettinati; Fiscal Year: 2003..Overall, this project will determine if combining pharmacotherapies results in a better response in comorbidly depressed alcoholics than either medication alone or placebo. ..
- MDR1 and Related Proteins during HIV PI ExposureDavid Greenblatt; Fiscal Year: 2005..The findings will be of importance in understanding lipid disorders related to PIs as well as the kinetics of drugs used to treat HIV and related disorders. ..
- Interleukin10 Microsphere in Inflammatory Bowel DiseaseNEJAT EGILMEZ; Fiscal Year: 2002..T & B Bioclone intends to pursue the clinical use of the IL-10 microsphere technology for therapy of IBD in collaboration with our collaborators at Brown University. ..
- CLINICAL INVESTIGATOR TRAINING ENHANCEMENT: CITE PROGRAMKurt Kroenke; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- FUNCTIONAL LOCI MODIFYING SLE RENAL DISEASEEric Sobel; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- PROPHYLACTIC COGNITIVE THERAPY FOR DEPRESSIONMichael E Thase; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- A Spanish Adaptation of the ASI-Multimedia VersionStephen Butler; Fiscal Year: 2002..Due to its reliability and low cost, we believe the ASI-MV could become the "Gold Standard" addictions assessment. Under such a circumstance, a Spanish adaptation would enjoy widespread use and profitability. ..
- SCALING THE REINFORCING VALUE OF CIGARETTE SMOKEJed Rose; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results will lead to a better understanding of the role of pharmacologic and sensory/behavioral cues in nicotine addiction and smoking cessation. ..
- Quality Life Among Youth with Craniofacial ConditionsDonald Patrick; Fiscal Year: 2004..S., and one in the United Kingdom. Adolescents and their parents will complete questionnaires at baseline, and gain at 1-2 year clinical follow-up. ..
- Self-Assembly of Dynamic, Functional Protein MatricesWilliam Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Pharmacogenetic Investigation of NaltrexoneCaryn Lerman; Fiscal Year: 2007..The long-term objective of this research is to discover and develop new pharmacogenetic treatment models that can be readily translated to the clinical setting to individualize pharmacotherapy and maximize effectiveness. ..
- Quality of Life of Overweight Youth: Multicultural ViewDonald Patrick; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MACROPHAGE EXPRESSION OF APOAI AND ATHEROSCLEROSISSergio Fazio; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies have the potential to uncover the basis for the therapeutic effect of HDL on the arterial plaque. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- NAPS2 Continuation - Genome-Wide Association Study of PancreatitisDavid C Whitcomb; Fiscal Year: 2010..Knowledge of the genetic basis of pancreatitis will lead to new treatments, and help remove the stigma that chronic pancreatitis is only a disease of drunkards. ..
- MOLECULAR GENETICS OF HEREDITARY PANCREATITISDavid Whitcomb; Fiscal Year: 2008..The HP and familial pancreatitis studies are especially important because of the statistical power of family studies and the ability to detect modifier genes in a uniform background of susceptibility factors. ..
- BIOBEHAVIORAL LUNG CANCER PREVENTION PROGRAMCaryn Lerman; Fiscal Year: 2004..The long-term objective is to provide information necessary to match smoking cessation treatments to individuals, based on their genetic predispositions. ..
- Hearing Loss and Quality of Life of Children and YouthDonald Patrick; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Bipolar Disorder in Pregnancy: Predictors of MorbidityDONALD NEWPORT; Fiscal Year: 2009..Furthermore, the novel PK data will expand our understanding of prenatal drug metabolism, and the project will establish a cohort of children of women with BPD with detailed prospective prenatal histories. ..
- Functional tissue engineering of tendonStavros Thomopoulos; Fiscal Year: 2003..It is expected that a combination of structural and compositional design will be necessary to achieve the viscoelastic properties of normal tendon. ..
- Management of Chronic Pain in Rehabilitation MedicineMark Jensen; Fiscal Year: 2006..A Scientific Core will provide scientific direction, project coordination, data collection and management, statistical support, and shared scientific expertise. ..
- Stigma & Quality of Life of Youth w/Facial DifferencesDonald Patrick; Fiscal Year: 2005..Participants for this study will be recruited from sites in Seattle, Chicago, and Chapel Hill, NC. ..