Genomes and Genes
Summary: Colloids with liquid continuous phase and solid dispersed phase; the term is used loosely also for solid-in-gas (AEROSOLS) and other colloidal systems; water-insoluble drugs may be given as suspensions.
Publications273 found, 100 shown here
- Nanosuspensions in drug deliveryBarrett E Rabinow
Strategic Technical Development, Baxter Healthcare Corporation, Baxter Technology Park, Round Lake, Illinois 60073, USA
Nat Rev Drug Discov 3:785-96. 2004..As such, insolubility issues of the past have provoked a paradigm change, which now offers novel solutions for innovative drugs of the future...
- Formulation development and stability studies of aqueous metronidazole benzoate suspensions containing various suspending agentsSharon Zietsman
Department of Pharmacy, PO Box 77000, Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 33:191-7. 2007..Crystallization occurs in aqueous metronidazole benzoate suspensions caused by an anhydrate to monohydrate conversion...
- Antibacterial activity of ZnO nanoparticle suspensions on a broad spectrum of microorganismsNicole Jones
Division of Basic Biomedical Sciences, Sanford School of Medicine, University of South Dakota, Vermillion, SD 57069, USA
FEMS Microbiol Lett 279:71-6. 2008....
- Different protein kinase families are activated by osmotic stresses in Arabidopsis thaliana cell suspensions. Involvement of the MAP kinases AtMPK3 and AtMPK6Marie Droillard
Institut des Sciences du Vegetal, UPR 2355, CNRS, 1 Av de la Terrasse, 91198 Cedex, Gif s Yvette, France
FEBS Lett 527:43-50. 2002..In contrast, these two transduction steps were not involved in the activation of the two protein kinases activated by high hyperosmolarity...
- Nanosuspensions: a promising drug delivery strategyV B Patravale
Pharmaceutical Division, University Institute of Chemical Technology, Matunga, Mumbai 400 019, India
J Pharm Pharmacol 56:827-40. 2004..Rapid strides have been made in the delivery of nanosuspensions by parenteral, peroral, ocular and pulmonary routes. Currently, efforts are being directed to extending their applications in site-specific drug delivery...
- Toxicity and bioaccumulation of xenobiotic organic compounds in the presence of aqueous suspensions of aggregates of nano-C(60)A Baun
Department of Environmental Engineering, Technical University of Denmark, Building 113, DK 2800 Kgs Lyngby, Denmark
Aquat Toxicol 86:379-87. 2008..magna was studied with and without addition of C(60) in aqueous suspensions. It was found that 85% of the added phenanthrene sorbed to C(60)-aggregates >200 nm whereas about 10% ..
- Nanosize and surface charge effects of hydroxyapatite nanoparticles on red blood cell suspensionsYingchao Han
Biomedical Materials and Engineering Center, Wuhan University of Technology, Wuhan 430070, PR China
ACS Appl Mater Interfaces 4:4616-22. 2012..The surface charge of the HAP nanoparticles is thus a crucial factor influencing the interaction between the HAP nanoparticles and the RBCs...
- Ultrastable iron oxide nanoparticle colloidal suspensions using dispersants with catechol-derived anchor groupsEsther Amstad
Laboratory of Surface Science and Technology, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
Nano Lett 9:4042-8. 2009..The latter is a crucial breakthrough to assemble functionalized magnetic nanoparticles, e.g., as targeted magnetic resonance contrast agents...
- Comparative toxicity of several metal oxide nanoparticle aqueous suspensions to Zebrafish (Danio rerio) early developmental stageXiaoshan Zhu
College of Environmental Science and Engineering, Nankai University, Tianjin, China
J Environ Sci Health A Tox Hazard Subst Environ Eng 43:278-84. 2008..toxicities of nanoscale zinc oxide (nZnO), titanium dioxide (nTiO(2)) and alumina (nAl(2)O(3)) aqueous suspensions. Toxicological endpoints such as zebrafish embryos or larvae survival, hatching rate and malformation were ..
- Behavioral and physiological changes in Daphnia magna when exposed to nanoparticle suspensions (titanium dioxide, nano-C60, and C60HxC70Hx)Sarah B Lovern
University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, Great Lakes WATER Institute, 600 E Greenfield Avenue, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53204, USA
Environ Sci Technol 41:4465-70. 2007..nanoparticle type and preparation and observed behavioral changes upon exposure to the more lethal nanoparticle suspensions. In this experiment, we quantified these behavioral and physiological responses of Daphnia magna at sublethal ..
- Docetaxel-loaded-lipid-based-nanosuspensions (DTX-LNS): preparation, pharmacokinetics, tissue distribution and antitumor activityLili Wang
School of Pharmaceutical Science, Shandong University, 44 Wenhua Xi Road, Ji nan 250012, Shandong Province, China
Int J Pharm 413:194-201. 2011..Together these results suggested that DTX-LNS could effectively inhibit tumor growth, reduce toxicity during the therapeutic procedure and hold the potential to be an appropriate choice for the clinical administration of DTX...
- Mechanism of margination in confined flows of blood and other multicomponent suspensionsAmit Kumar
Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Phys Rev Lett 109:108102. 2012..floppy (f) capsules, as well as a stochastic model that incorporates the key particle transport mechanisms in suspensions-wall-induced hydrodynamic migration and shear-induced pair collisions...
- Drug nanocrystals of poorly soluble drugs produced by high pressure homogenisationCornelia M Keck
PharmaSol GmbH, Berlin, Germany
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 62:3-16. 2006..As an important point the transfer of the liquid nanosuspensions to patient convenient oral dosage forms such as tablets and capsules is described...
- Study of the acceptability of antibiotic syrups, suspensions, and oral solutions prescribed to pediatric outpatientsRobert Cohen
Laboratoire de Microbiologie, Hopital Intercommunal de Creteil, Creteil, France
Eur J Pediatr 168:851-7. 2009..Poor compliance increases the risk of therapeutic failures and the emergence of resistance...
- Effect of reaction conditions on the properties and behavior of wood cellulose nanocrystal suspensionsStephanie Beck-Candanedo
Department of Chemistry, Pulp and Paper Research Centre, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, H3A 2A7 Canada
Biomacromolecules 6:1048-54. 2005Sulfuric acid hydrolysis of native cellulose fibers produces stable suspensions of cellulose nanocrystals. Above a critical concentration, the suspensions spontaneously form an anisotropic chiral nematic liquid crystal phase...
- Top-down production of drug nanocrystals: nanosuspension stabilization, miniaturization and transformation into solid productsBernard Van Eerdenbrugh
Laboratory for Pharmacotechnology and Biopharmacy, K U Leuven, Gasthuisberg O and N2, Herestraat 49, box 921, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Int J Pharm 364:64-75. 2008..Finally, literature available on further nanosuspensions solidification is discussed, focussing on the maintenance of the preservation of the rapid dissolution properties of the nanocrystals after further downstream processing...
- Micropatterning bacterial suspensions using aqueous two phase systemsToshiyuki Yaguchi
School of Nano Biotechnology and Chemical Engineering, Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology, Banyeon ri 100, Ulsan, 689 798, Republic of Korea
Analyst 135:2848-52. 2010..glycol, this article describes the stable spatial patterning of sub-microlitre droplets of bacterial suspensions. Microdroplets of different types of bacterial populations are positioned and maintained adjacent to each other ..
- Nanoparticle tracking analysis for the multiparameter characterization and counting of nanoparticle suspensionsMatthew Wright
NanoSight Ltd, Amesbury, UK
Methods Mol Biol 906:511-24. 2012..Here we describe application of NTA to the analysis of 100 nm polystyrene nanospheres in liquid suspension. The technique can be adapted for use with nearly all particulate materials with sizes between 10 nm and 1 μm...
- Blood oxygenation using microbubble suspensionsNoriaki Matsuki
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, Okayama University of Science, 1 1, Okayama 700 0005, Japan
Eur Biophys J 41:571-8. 2012..Thus, use of oxygen microbubble (nanobubble) fluids is a potentially effective novel method for oxygenation of hypoxic tissues, for infection control, and for anticancer treatment...
- Bead layering as a process to stabilize nanosuspensions: influence of drug hydrophobicity on nanocrystal reagglomeration following in-vitro release from sugar beadsPieterjan Kayaert
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Laboratory for Pharmacotechnology and Biopharmacy, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
J Pharm Pharmacol 63:1446-53. 2011..The second aim was to see how those physicochemical properties affect the coating process and the subsequent in-vitro dissolution process...
- Acute toxicity of Ag and CuO nanoparticle suspensions against Daphnia magna: the importance of their dissolved fraction varying with preparation methodsHun Je Jo
Water Research Center, Korea Institute of Science and Technology, Seongbuk gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
J Hazard Mater 227:301-8. 2012A variety of methods to prepare nanoparticle suspensions have been employed for aquatic toxicity tests, although they can influence the dispersion property and subsequent toxicity of nanoparticles...
- Gastrointestinal transit and mucoadhesion of colloidal suspensions of Lycopersicon esculentum L. and Lotus tetragonolobus lectin-PLA microsphere conjugates in ratsM J Montisci
Laboratoire de Pharmacotechnie et Biopharmacie, UMR 8612, , , , France
Pharm Res 18:829-37. 2001..These results could be attributed both to unfavorable physicochemical characteristics of the conjugates and to premature adsorption of soluble mucin glycoproteins, preventing any further specific adhesion...
- Toxicity of copper oxide nanoparticle suspensions to aquatic biotaLevonas Manusadzianas
Institute of Botany of the Nature Research Centre, Vilnius, Lithuania
Environ Toxicol Chem 31:108-14. 2012..No substantial differences between the effects of nonsonicated and sonicated nCuO suspensions were observed...
- Formulation and evaluation of reconstitutable suspensions containing ibuprofen-loaded Eudragit microspheresBurcu Devrim
Ankara University, Faculty of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, 06100 Tandogan, Ankara, Turkey
Acta Pol Pharm 68:593-9. 2011The objective of this work was to develop and evaluate reconstitutable suspensions of ibuprofen-loaded microspheres prepared with an acrylic polymer (Eudragit RS-PM)...
- Effect of preparation methods on toxicity of fullerene water suspensions to Japanese medaka embryosKi Tae Kim
Department of Environmental Science and Engineering, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology GIST, 261 Cheom dan Gwagi ro, Buk Gu, Gwangju 500 712, Republic of Korea
Sci Total Environ 408:5606-12. 2010The physicochemical properties of fullerene water suspensions (nC(60)) and their subsequent toxicity were influenced by different preparation methods...
- In vitro and in vivo antitumor activity of oridonin nanosuspensionHaiyan Lou
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Shandong University, No 44 Wenhuaxi Road, Jinan 250012, China
Int J Pharm 379:181-6. 2009..49% for ORI solution to 60.23% for the ORI nanosuspension. Taken together, these results suggest that the delivery of ORI in nanosuspension is a promising approach for the treatment of the tumor...
- Efficacy of barium-based fecal tagging for CT colonography: a comparison between the use of high and low density barium suspensions in a Korean population - a preliminary studyMin Ju Kim
Department of Radiology and Research Institute of Radiology and Internal Medicine, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Radiol 10:25-33. 2009..6% w/v] barium suspensions) in a population in Korea.
- Intravenous and intramyocardial injection of apoptotic white blood cell suspensions prevents ventricular remodelling by increasing elastin expression in cardiac scar tissue after myocardial infarctionMichael Lichtenauer
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Christian Doppler Laboratory for Cardiac and Thoracic Diagnosis and Regeneration, Medical University Vienna, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, Vienna, Austria
Basic Res Cardiol 106:645-55. 2011..We could show previously that suspensions of apoptotic peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC) are able to reduce myocardial damage in a rat model of ..
- Homogeneous suspensions of individualized microfibrils from TEMPO-catalyzed oxidation of native celluloseTsuguyuki Saito
Centre de Recherches sur les Macromolecules Vegetales, CNRS ICMG UJF, BP 53, F 38041 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
Biomacromolecules 7:1687-91. 2006..into long individual microfibrils by a treatment with a Waring Blendor, yielding transparent and highly viscous suspensions. When observed by transmission electron microscopy, the wood pulp and cotton microfibrils exhibited a regular ..
- The giant electrorheological effect in suspensions of nanoparticlesWeijia Wen
Department of Physics and Institute of Nano Science and Technology, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Clear Water Bay, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China
Nat Mater 2:727-30. 2003..We have fabricated electrorheological suspensions of coated nanoparticles that show electrically controllable liquid-solid transitions...
- Spray coated pellets as carrier system for mucoadhesive drug nanocrystalsJan Möschwitzer
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Biotechnology and Quality Management, Free University of Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 62:282-7. 2006..In the in vitro dissolution tests an accelerated dissolution velocity and an increased drug release could be shown for the pellets containing drug nanocrystals...
- Conversion of nanosuspensions into dry powders by spray drying: a case studyMahesh V Chaubal
Baxter Healthcare Corporation, Route 120 and Wilson Rd, Round Lake, Illinois 60073, USA
Pharm Res 25:2302-8. 2008..This case study examines impact of various formulation and processing parameters on redispersibility of the spray dried nanoparticles...
- Comparison of diafiltration and tangential flow filtration for purification of nanoparticle suspensionsGautam Dalwadi
Western Australian Biomedical Research Institute, School of Pharmacy, Curtin University of Technology, Perth, Australia
Pharm Res 22:2152-62. 2005..The study reports evaluation of different purification processes for removing surplus surfactant and formulating stable nanoparticle dispersions...
- Inactivation and magnetic separation of bacteria from liquid suspensions using electrosprayed and nonelectrosprayed nZVI particles: observations and mechanismsQi Chen
State Key Joint Laboratory of Environmental Simulation and Pollution Control, College of Environmental Sciences and Engineering, Peking University, Beijing, China
Environ Sci Technol 46:2360-7. 2012..2 mL bacterial sample and 1.8 mL E-nZVI or NE-nZVI suspensions. Bacterial concentrations and optical density of the supernatants were analyzed using culturing, optical ..
- Scale-down of continuous filtration for rapid bioprocess design: Recovery and dewatering of protein precipitate suspensionsT Reynolds
The Advanced Centre for Biochemical Engineering, University College London, Torrington Place, London WC1E 7JE, United Kingdom
Biotechnol Bioeng 83:454-64. 2003..Using the insight gained from the new scale-down methodology gave predictions of the flux profile in a pilot-scale candle filter superior to those obtained from the traditional batch filter used for laboratory development...
- Ion specificity and the theory of stability of colloidal suspensionsAlexandre P dos Santos
Instituto de Fisica, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Phys Rev Lett 106:167801. 2011..which allows us to accurately calculate the critical coagulation concentration of hydrophobic colloidal suspensions. For positively charged particles, the critical coagulation concentrations follow the Hofmeister (lyotropic) ..
- Electron storage in single wall carbon nanotubes. Fermi level equilibration in semiconductor-SWCNT suspensionsAnusorn Kongkanand
Radiation Laboratory, Departments of Chemistry and Biochemistry and Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana 46556 0579, USA
ACS Nano 1:13-21. 2007..The dependence of discharge capacity on the reduction potential of the dye redox couple is compared for TiO(2) and TiO(2)-SWCNT systems under equilibration conditions...
- Active colloidal suspensions exhibit polar order under gravityMihaela Enculescu
Institut fur Theoretische Physik, Technische Universitat Berlin, Hardenbergstrasse 36, 10623 Berlin, Germany
Phys Rev Lett 107:058301. 2011..We suggest realistic parameter values to observe this polar order. Furthermore, we find that the dynamics of the active suspension can be derived from a generalized free energy functional...
- Impacts of some environmentally relevant parameters on the sorption of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons to aqueous suspensions of fullereneXialin Hu
State Key Laboratory of Environmental Chemistry and Ecotoxicology, Research Center for Eco Environmental Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 18 Shuangqing Road, P O Box 2871, Beijing 100085, China
Environ Toxicol Chem 27:1868-74. 2008..will associate with abundant natural organic matter (NOM) and engineered surfactants to form stable aqueous suspensions through various environmental processes...
- Preparation and characterization of an oridonin nanosuspension for solubility and dissolution velocity enhancementLei Gao
Department of Pharmaceutics, College of Pharmacy, Shandong University, China
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 33:1332-9. 2007..Finally, crystalline state evaluation before and following the formulation was performed through differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) and powder X-ray (PXRD)...
- Rheologically biomimetic cell suspensions for decreased cell settling in microfluidic devicesCari A Launiere
Department of Bioengineering, University of Illinois at Chicago, 851 S Morgan Street, Chicago, IL 60607 7052, USA
Biomed Microdevices 13:549-57. 2011..These results indicate that vertical equipment configurations and the addition of alginates can be used to reduce cell settling in buffer based MCID testing and other applications involving large cells suspended in buffer solution...
- Pharmacokinetic evaluation of oral fenofibrate nanosuspensions and SLN in comparison to conventional suspensions of micronized drugA Hanafy
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Kafrelsheikh University, Egypt
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 59:419-26. 2007..were tested: a nanosuspension type DissoCube(R), one solid lipid nanoparticle (SLN) preparation and two suspensions of micronized fenofibrate as reference formulations, one suspension in sirupus simplex and a second in a ..
- Toxicity of silver and titanium dioxide nanoparticle suspensions to the aquatic invertebrate, Daphnia magnaPranab Das
Environmental and Life Sciences Graduate Program, Trent University, Peterborough, ON, Canada
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 91:76-82. 2013..Overall, the results from the present study indicate that exposures of aquatic invertebrates to nanoparticles could have important ecological effects on lower trophic levels in aquatic ecosystems...
- Self-diffusion in two-dimensional hard ellipsoid suspensionsZhongyu Zheng
Department of Physics, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Clear Water Bay, Hong Kong, China
J Chem Phys 133:124509. 2010..The effects of coupling between rotational and translational Brownian motions were demonstrated and the two time scales corresponding to anisotropic particle shape and anisotropic neighboring environment were measured...
- Comparison of the disinfection effects of vacuum-UV (VUV) and UV light on Bacillus subtilis spores in aqueous suspensions at 172, 222 and 254 nmDing Wang
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada
Photochem Photobiol 86:176-81. 2010The efficacy of UV and vacuum-UV (VUV) disinfection of Bacillus subtilis spores in aqueous suspensions at wavelengths of 172, 222 and 254 nm was evaluated...
- The dielectric behavior of nonspherical biological cell suspensions: an analytic approachA Di Biasio
Dipartimento di Fisica, Universita di Camerino, Camerino, Italy
Biophys J 99:163-74. 2010The influence of the cell shape on the dielectric and conductometric properties of biological cell suspensions has been investigated from a theoretical point of view presenting an analytical solution of the electrostatic problem in the ..
- Extemporaneous sildenafil citrate oral suspensions for the treatment of pulmonary hypertension in childrenMilap C Nahata
The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 63:254-7. 2006The stability of sildenafil citrate 2.5 mg/mL in two extemporaneously prepared oral suspensions stored at 4 and 25 degrees C was studied.
- Macrophage suspensions prepared from a blood unit for treatment of refractory human ulcersA Zuloff-Shani
Research and Development Unit, M D A National Blood Services, Magen David Adom, Ramat Gan 52621, Israel
Transfus Apher Sci 30:163-7. 2004..In most cases (90%), only one treatment is sufficient. Since 1995, macrophage suspensions have been used successfully in more than 1000 patients in several hospitals in Israel, without any side effects...
- Two-hundredfold volume concentration of dilute cell and particle suspensions using chip integrated multistage acoustophoresisMaria Nordin
Dept Measurement Technology and Industrial Electrical Engineering, Div Nanobiotechnology, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Lab Chip 12:4610-6. 2012....
- Physical properties of collective motion in suspensions of bacteriaAndrey Sokolov
Materials Science Division, Argonne National Laboratory, 9700 South Cass Avenue, Argonne, Illinois 60439, USA
Phys Rev Lett 109:248109. 2012..Bacterial dynamics in dilute suspensions suggest that hydrodynamic interactions and collisions between the swimmers lead to collective motion at higher ..
- Dual drug delivery system for targeting H. pylori in the stomach: preparation and in vitro characterization of amoxicillin-loaded Carbopol® nanospheresSree Harsha
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Clinical Pharmacy, King Faisal University, Al Asha, Saudi Arabia
Int J Nanomedicine 7:4787-96. 2012..Carbopol®-loaded amoxicillin nanospheres could bind with the mucosa after delivery to the stomach and could increase the efficiency of the drug, providing both an immediate and a sustained action...
- Spontaneous circulation of confined active suspensionsFrancis G Woodhouse
Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics, Centre for Mathematical Sciences, University of Cambridge, Wilberforce Road, Cambridge CB3 0WA, United Kingdom
Phys Rev Lett 109:168105. 2012..Numerical analysis of the longtime behavior reveals a phenomenon akin to defect separation in nematic liquid crystals and a high-activity bifurcation to an oscillatory regime...
- Live imaging of DORNRÖSCHEN and DORNRÖSCHEN-LIKE promoter activity reveals dynamic changes in cell identity at the microcallus surface of Arabidopsis embryonic suspensionsM Cole
Institut fur Entwicklungsbiologie, Biozentrum, Universitat zu Koln, Zülpicher Str 47b, 50674, Koln, Germany
Plant Cell Rep 32:45-59. 2013....
- Chemical, dissolution stability and microscopic evaluation of suspensions of ibuprofen and sustained release ibuprofen-wax microspheresC M Adeyeye
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
J Microencapsul 14:357-77. 1997Chemical stability studies of suspensions of ibuprofen powder and ibuprofen-wax microspheres were performed using an accelerated stability protocol with a modified high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) procedure...
- A comprehensive evaluation of metabolic activity and intrinsic clearance in suspensions and monolayer cultures of cryopreserved primary human hepatocytesCornelia M Smith
ADME TOX Division of Life Technologies, Durham, North Carolina 27703, USA
J Pharm Sci 101:3989-4002. 2012....
- Photoinactivation of Staphylococcus epidermidis biofilms and suspensions by the hydrophobic photosensitizer curcumin--effect of selected nanocarrier: studies on curcumin and curcuminoides XLVIIAnne Bee Hegge
School of Pharmacy, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Eur J Pharm Sci 47:65-74. 2012..epidermidis biofilms and suspensions. The nanocarriers stabilized the hydrophobic photosensitizer (PS) towards physical precipitation and hydrolytic ..
- Phase behavior of colloids and proteins in aqueous suspensions: theory and computer simulationsNéstor E Valadez-Pérez
Division de Ciencias e Ingenierias, Campus León, Universidad de Guanajuato, Loma del Bosque 103, Lomas del Campestre, 37150 Leon, Guanajuato, Mexico
J Chem Phys 137:084905. 2012The fluid phase behavior of colloidal suspensions with short-range attractive interactions is studied by means of Monte Carlo computer simulations and two theoretical approximations, namely, the discrete perturbation theory and the so-..
- Food proteins as novel nanosuspension stabilizers for poorly water-soluble drugsWei He
School of Pharmacy, Fudan University, Key Laboratory of Smart Drug Delivery of Ministry of Education and PLA, Shanghai 201203, PR China
Int J Pharm 441:269-78. 2013..It is concluded that the three denatured proteins perform as efficient stabilizers for indomethacin nanosuspensions...
- Hydrocortisone nanosuspensions for ophthalmic delivery: A comparative study between microfluidic nanoprecipitation and wet millingHany S M Ali
Institute of Pharmaceutical Innovation, University of Bradford, Bradford, BD7 1DP, UK
J Control Release 149:175-81. 2011..86±2.7). After 2 months storage at room temperature, the milled HC NS showed good stability with no discernable changes in particle size, whereas the particle size of the precipitated HC NS increased to 440nm...
- Preparation of stable nitrendipine nanosuspensions using the precipitation-ultrasonication method for enhancement of dissolution and oral bioavailabilityDengning Xia
Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmaceutical Science, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, No 103, Wenhua Road, Shenyang 110016, China
Eur J Pharm Sci 40:325-34. 2010..The in vivo test demonstrated that the C(max) and AUC(0-->12) values of nanosuspension in rats were approximately 6.1-fold and 5.0-fold greater than that of commercial tablets, respectively...
- Preparation of hydrocortisone nanosuspension through a bottom-up nanoprecipitation technique using microfluidic reactorsHany S M Ali
Institute of Pharmaceutical Innovation, School of Pharmacy, University of Bradford, Richmond Road, Bradford BD7 1DP, United Kingdom
Int J Pharm 375:107-13. 2009..84 mV was obtained. Physical stability studies showed that the hydrocortisone nanosuspension remained homogeneous with slight increase in mean particle size and polydispersity index over a 3-month period...
- Simulating dissolution of intravitreal triamcinolone acetonide suspensions in an anatomically accurate rabbit eye modelPaul J Missel
Drug Delivery, Alcon Research Ltd, Mail Stop R2 45, 6201 South Freeway, Fort Worth, Texas 76134, USA
Pharm Res 27:1530-46. 2010..A computational fluid dynamics (CFD) study examined the impact of particle size on dissolution rate and residence of intravitreal suspension depots of Triamcinolone Acetonide (TAC)...
- Rheology of active-particle suspensionsYashodhan Hatwalne
Raman Research Institute, C V Raman Avenue, Bangalore 560 080, India
Phys Rev Lett 92:118101. 2004..We make several predictions for the rheology of such systems, which can be tested on bacterial suspensions, cell extracts with motors and filaments, or artificial machines in a fluid...
- Cavitation--a novel technique for making stable nano-suspensionsMohan Narayan Patil
Chemical Engineering Division, Institute of Chemical Technology, UICT, University of Mumbai, N P Marg, Matunga, Mumbai 400 019, India
Ultrason Sonochem 14:519-30. 2007..This technique has been proved successful for the size-reduction of the elastic material to nano-scale, thus it may also be used for the size-reduction of the other brittle and hard material by adjusting various cavitational parameters...
- Low molecular weight dextrans stabilize nonviral vectors during lyophilization at low osmolalities: concentrating suspensions by rehydration to reduced volumesThomas J Anchordoquy
School of Pharmacy, C238, University of Colorado, 4200 E Ninth Ave, Denver, CO 80262, USA
J Pharm Sci 94:1226-36. 2005....
- Comparative mucoretention of sucralfate suspensions in an everted rat esophagus modelD J Dobrozsi
College of Pharmacy, University of Cincinnati Medical Center, 3223 Eden Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0004, USA
Int J Pharm 189:81-9. 1999..properties of viscous liquid formulations, and the model was applied to compare marketed sucralfate suspensions (Gastrogel, Antepsin, and Ulcogant) to better understand differences in clinical performance...
- Photocatalytic treatment of 4-chlorophenol in aqueous ZnO suspensions: intermediates, influence of dosage and inorganic anionsUmar Ibrahim Gaya
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Universiti Putra Malaysia, UPM Serdang, Selangor DE, Malaysia
J Hazard Mater 168:57-63. 2009..In addition to previously reported pathway products of 4-chlorophenol photo-oxidation catechol was detected. A radical mechanism involving o-hydroxylation is proposed to account for the formation of catechol...
- Oesophageal bioadhesion of sodium alginate suspensions 2. Suspension behaviour on oesophageal mucosaJ Craig Richardson
Formulation Insights, School of Pharmacy, University of Nottingham, University Park, Nottingham NG7 2RD, UK
Eur J Pharm Sci 24:107-14. 2005Sodium alginate suspensions in a range of water miscible vehicles were investigated as novel bioadhesive liquids for targeting the oesophageal mucosa...
- Evaluation of nebulised hay dust suspensions (HDS) for the diagnosis and investigation of heaves. 1: Preparation and composition of HDSR S Pirie
Wellcome Trust Centre for Research in Comparative Respiratory Medicine, Easter Bush Veterinary Centre, Roslin, Midlothian, UK
Equine Vet J 34:332-6. 2002..Three hay dust suspensions (HDS-1, 2 and 3) were prepared for use in the diagnosis and investigation of heaves...
- Control of ocular inflammation after cataract extraction with rimexolone 1% ophthalmic suspensionK K Assil
Sinskey Eye Institute, Santa Monica, California 90411 0031, USA
J Cataract Refract Surg 23:750-7. 1997..To assess the efficacy and safety of rimexolone 1% ophthalmic suspension in controlling intraocular inflammation after cataract extraction...
- Simultaneous reduction of nitrate and selenate by cell suspensions of selenium-respiring bacteriaR S Oremland
U S Geological Survey, Menlo Park, California 94025, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 65:4385-92. 1999Washed-cell suspensions of Sulfurospirillum barnesii reduced selenate [Se(VI)] when cells were cultured with nitrate, thiosulfate, arsenate, or fumarate as the electron acceptor...
- Rheology and UV-protecting properties of complex suspensions of titanium dioxides and zinc oxidesAkio Nasu
Material Science Research Center, Shiseido Co, Ltd 2 2 1, Hayabuchi, Tsuzuki ku, Yokohama shi 224 8558, Japan
J Colloid Interface Sci 310:617-23. 2007..The UV-scattering behavior of complex suspensions in a silicone oil is studied in relation to rheological properties...
- Nasal and parenteral immunizations with diphtheria toxoid using monoglyceride/fatty acid lipid suspensions as adjuvantsU Schroder
Department of Veterinary Bacteriology, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala
Vaccine 17:2096-103. 1999..Thus, this lipid matrix has in our view a great potential as an immunological adjuvant with an exceptionally simple and efficient preparation procedure without organic solvents and with low cost endogenous lipid based raw materials...
- Effective conductivity of cell suspensionsMojca Pavlin
University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Slovenia
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 49:77-80. 2002..The results were compared to different analytical expressions for effective conductivity and they showed that Maxwell theory is valid also for higher volume fractions...
- Development and validation of a discriminative dissolution test for nimesulide suspensionsLaís Bastos da Fonseca
Programa de Pós Graduação em Ciências Farmacêuticas, Faculdade de Farmacia, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Av Pau Brasil s n, Edifício CCS, Bloco Bss sala 34 Ilha do Fundão, Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, CEP 21941 590, Brazil
AAPS PharmSciTech 10:1145-52. 2009The dissolution test for oral dosage forms has recently widened to a variety of special dosage forms such as suspensions. For class II drugs, such as nimesulide (NMS), this study is very important because formulation problems may ..
- In vitro responses of rat alveolar macrophages to particle suspensions and water-soluble components of dust storm PM(2.5)Hong Geng
Institute of Environmental Medicine and Toxicology, Shanxi University, Taiyuan 030006, PR China
Toxicol In Vitro 20:575-84. 2006..But due to a higher concentration of airborne PM(2.5) mass concentration in dust storm days than that in normal days, it concluded that during dust storm episodes, a much more serious effect on AM was imminent...
- Extracellular potassium concentrations in red blood cell suspensions after irradiation and washingRichard B Weiskopf
Department of Anesthesia, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 0648, USA
Transfusion 45:1295-301. 2005..AABB standards permit storage of washed RBCs at 4 degrees C for 24 hours. The [K(+)e] of washed RBCs during storage is not known. Experiments were performed to provide those data...
- Photoexcitation of aqueous suspensions of titanium dioxide nanoparticles: an electron spin resonance spin trapping study of potentially oxidative reactionsNicholas J F Dodd
Ecotoxicology Research and Innovation Centre, School of Biomedical and Biological Sciences, University of Plymouth, Drake Circus, Plymouth, UK
Photochem Photobiol 87:632-40. 2011It is well-established that exposure of aqueous suspensions of titanium dioxide (TiO(2)) nanoparticles to ultraviolet A (UVA) light produces reactive oxygen species which leads to biological damage...
- Modeling the viscosity and aggregation of suspensions of highly anisotropic nanoparticlesA Puisto
Aalto University, School of Science, Department of Applied Physics, P O Box 14100, FI 00076 Aalto, Finland
Eur Phys J E Soft Matter 35:6. 2012The rheology of nanofiber suspensions is studied solving numerically the Population Balance Equations (PBE). To account for the anisotropic nature of nanofibers, a relation is proposed for their hydrodynamic volume...
- The expulsion of lipophilic drugs from the cores of solid lipid microspheres in diluted suspensions and in concentratesJustyna Pietkiewicz
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Medical University of Gdansk, ul Hallera 107, Gdansk 80 416, Poland
Int J Pharm 310:64-71. 2006..of the study was to compare incorporation of bupivacaine base, bupivacaine stearate and indomethacin in diluted suspensions of lipospheres (10%, w/w of lipid) and in concentrates (50%, w/w of lipid)...
- Preparation of fenofibrate nanosuspension and study of its pharmacokinetic behavior in ratsXueming Li
College of Life Science and Pharmaceutics, Nanjing University of Technology, Nanjing, China
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 35:827-33. 2009..In this study, nanosuspension was prepared to improve the dissolution rate and bioavailability of lipophilic fenofibrate...
- Nanosuspensions as particulate drug formulations in therapy. Rationale for development and what we can expect for the futureR H Muller
Freie Universitat Berlin, Institut fur Pharmazie, Pharmazeutische Technologie, Biopharmazie and Biotechnologie, Kelchstrasse 31, D 12169 Berlin, Germany
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 47:3-19. 2001..The possibilities of large scale production -- the prerequisite for the introduction of a delivery system to the market -- are also discussed...
- Pharmacokinetics, tissue distribution and bioavailability of clozapine solid lipid nanoparticles after intravenous and intraduodenal administrationKopparam Manjunath
NDDS Laboratory, University College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kakatiya University, Warangal 506 009, Andhra Pradesh, India
J Control Release 107:215-28. 2005..These results indicate that SLN are suitable drug delivery system for the improvement of bioavailability of lipophilic drugs such as clozapine...
- Studies on pharmacokinetics and tissue distribution of oridonin nanosuspensionsLei Gao
Department of Pharmaceutics, College of Pharmacy, Shandong University, 44 Wenhua Xilu, Jinan 250012, China
Int J Pharm 355:321-7. 2008..In conclusion, particle size showed obvious effects on pharmacokinetics and tissue distribution of nanosuspensions...
- The effect of high intensity mixing on the enzymatic hydrolysis of concentrated cellulose fiber suspensionsJoseph R Samaniuk
University of Wisconsin Madison, 4725 Engineering Hall, 1415 Engineering Drive, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Bioresour Technol 102:4489-94. 2011..The synergy appears to result in part from particle size reduction, which is more significant when hydrolysis occurs during intense mixing...
- Viscosity of two-dimensional suspensionsJunqi Ding
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of California, Santa Barbara, California 93106 5080, USA
Phys Rev Lett 88:168102. 2002..This scaling relationship is directly analogous to that of three-dimensional dispersion of spheres in a solvent with long-range repulsive interactions, with area fraction replacing volume fraction...
- Nanosuspensions: a promising formulation for the new phospholipase A2 inhibitor PX-18Jana Pardeike
Department of Pharmaceutics, Biopoharmaceutics and NutriCosmetics, Freie Universitat Berlin, Kelchstrasse 31, 12169 Berlin, Germany
Int J Pharm 391:322-9. 2010..PX-18 formulated as nanosuspensions was chemically stabile. An increase in saturation solubility was found after formulating PX-18 as nanosuspension compared to bulk material, favourable for increasing bioavailability...
- Suspensions for intravenous (IV) injection: a review of development, preclinical and clinical aspectsJoseph Wong
Baxter Pharmaceuticals and Technologies, Global Research and Development, Baxter Healthcare Corporation, 25212 West Illinois Route 120, Round Lake, IL 60073 0490, USA
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 60:939-54. 2008..The latter property has led to increased research and development activities for intravenous suspensions. The first intravenously administered nanoparticulate product, Abraxane (a reformulation of paclitaxel), was ..
- Interfacial heat flow in carbon nanotube suspensionsScott T Huxtable
Frederick Seitz Materials Research Laboratory and Department of Materials Science and Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
Nat Mater 2:731-4. 2003....
- Suspension (S)-FISH, a new technique for interphase nucleiUlf Steinhaeuser
Institute of Human Genetics, Jena, Germany
J Histochem Cytochem 50:1697-8. 2002..This so-called suspension-FISH (S-FISH) opens new possibilities for the analysis of shape and functions of the human interphase nucleus. The procedure is described and the first results using this approach are presented...
- Stability of extemporaneously prepared glycopyrrolate oral suspensionsMary Petrea Cober
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Department of Pharmacy, Akron Children s Hospital, Akron, OH 44308, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 68:843-5. 2011The stability of extemporaneously prepared glycopyrrolate 0.5-mg/mL suspensions was evaluated.
- Formulation and pharmacokinetic evaluation of an asulacrine nanocrystalline suspension for intravenous deliverySrinivas Ganta
School of Pharmacy, The University of Auckland, Private Bag 92019, Auckland, New Zealand
Int J Pharm 367:179-86. 2009..1+/-0.1h vs 2.7+/-0.2h) compared to the ASL solution. In contrast, the ASL nanosuspension resulted in a significantly greater AUC(0-infinity) in liver, lung and kidney (all P<0.01), but not in heart...
- Regenerative medicine bioprocessing: concentration and behavior of adherent cell suspensions and pastesB J H Zoro
Infors UK, Unit A1 Dovers Farm, Reigate, Surrey, UK
Biotechnol Bioeng 103:1236-47. 2009..Further studies examine cell size and rheological behavior of anchorage-dependent mammalian cell suspensions, and the effect of capillary flow stress (0...
- Effects of preparation methods for multi-wall carbon nanotube (MWCNT) suspensions on MWCNT induced rat pulmonary toxicityKiyoshi Wako
Kashima Laboratory, Mitsubishi Chemical Medience Corporation, Ibaraki, Japan
J Toxicol Sci 35:437-46. 2010..These findings lead us to conclude that the amount of agglomerates in the suspension is an important factor affecting the pulmonary toxicity of MWCNT...
- Immobilization of enzymes through one-pot chemical preoxidation and electropolymerization of dithiols in enzyme-containing aqueous suspensions to develop biosensors with improved performanceYingchun Fu
Key Laboratory of Chemical Biology and Traditional Chinese Medicine Research Ministry of Education of China, College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Hunan Normal University, Changsha 410081, PR China
Anal Chem 80:5829-38. 2008..of one-pot chemical preoxidation and electropolymerization of monomers (CPEM) in enzyme-containing aqueous suspensions (or solutions) was proposed as a universal strategy for high-activity and high-load immobilization of enzymes ..
- The influence of pH and cadmium sulfide on the photocatalytic degradation of 2-chlorophenol in titanium dioxide suspensionsR A Doong
Department of Atomic Science, National Tsing Hua University, Hsinchu, Taiwan
Water Res 35:2873-80. 2001..of pH and cadmium sulfide on the photocatalytic degradation of 2-chlorophenol (2-CP) in titanium dioxide suspensions was investigated to evaluate the feasibility of mixed semiconductors on the photodegradation of chlorinated ..
- Dynamics of enhanced tracer diffusion in suspensions of swimming eukaryotic microorganismsKyriacos C Leptos
Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics, University of Cambridge, Wilberforce Road, Cambridge CB3 0WA, United Kingdom
Phys Rev Lett 103:198103. 2009..As a laboratory realization, we study passive tracers in suspensions of eukaryotic swimmers, the alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii...
- Neutralizing viruses in suspensions by copper oxide-based filtersGadi Borkow
Ruth Ben Ari Institute of Clinical Immunology, Kaplan Medical Center, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 51:2605-7. 2007..Enveloped, nonenveloped, RNA, and DNA viruses were affected, suggesting the possibility of using copper oxide-containing devices to deactivate a wide spectrum of infectious viruses found in filterable suspensions.
- The hydrogen peroxide-assisted photocatalytic degradation of alachlor in TiO2 suspensionsC C Wong
Department of Civil and Structural Engineering, Research Center for Urban Environmental Technology and Management, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Environ Sci Technol 37:2310-6. 2003Photocatalytic degradations of alachlor in TiO2 suspensions with and without the use of hydrogen peroxide were studied using two different monochromatic UV irradiations (300 and 350 nm)...
- Arsthinol nanosuspensions: pharmacokinetics and anti-leukaemic activity on NB4 promyelocytic leukaemia cellsImane Ajana
EA 3452 Cibles thérapeutiques formulation et expertise préclinique du médicament, Nancy Universite, Nancy, France
J Pharm Pharmacol 61:1295-301. 2009..The aim of this work was to study its anti-leukaemic activity and to develop nanosuspensions of the drug, thereby limiting brain concentrations and the risk of encephalopathy...
- Creation of new bone by the percutaneous injection of human bone marrow stromal cell and HA/TCP suspensionsMahesh H Mankani
Division of Plastic Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0807, USA
Tissue Eng Part A 14:1949-58. 2008..Here, we demonstrate that transplants of an osteogenic cell population, bone marrow stromal cells (BMSCs), are capable of assembling into mature bone organs when injected as suspensions of cells and a particulate matrix.
- A new ultra-low field in-vivo EPR technology for biomedical applicationsInseob Hahn; Fiscal Year: 2012..3A. Using living suspensions of Chlorella pyroidenosa, we will attempt to detect the expected electron spin resonance under dark conditions, ..
- A new ultra-low field in-vivo EPR technology for biomedical applicationsInseob Hahn; Fiscal Year: 2011..3A. Using living suspensions of Chlorella pyroidenosa, we will attempt to detect the expected electron spin resonance under dark conditions, ..
- Regulation Of Inorganic Phosphorus (Pi) Metabolism By EstrogenHassane Amlal; Fiscal Year: 2013..vitro experiments, which will examine the expression and transport activity of NaPi-IIa using proximal tubule suspensions, Xenopus Laevis oocytes and MDCK cells...
- Systemic Application for Injury Site Specific Delivery via Neutrophils to Treat BXUDONG J LI; Fiscal Year: 2013..In Aim 2, we will characterize the inhibitory effect of aqueous suspensions of nano-fullerene on local inflammation induced by disc herniation in vitro and in vivo...
- CellTrap: A novel solid phase platform for analysis of stem/progenitor cellsNICANOR I contact MOLDOVAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..Accurate, fast and unbiased methods to detect rare cells in cell suspensions for regenerative medicine are in much need and in short supply...
- Sorbents for Toxic-Metal Removal in Pharmaceutical Development and ManufactureGIRISH SRINIVAS; Fiscal Year: 2013..In addition, homogeneous catalysts can degrade, forming new coordination compounds, cluster compounds and nano- suspensions, which if not removed, may also catalyze additional side-reactions...
- ROLE OF MONONUCLEAR LEUKOCYTES IN IMMUNITYSamuel Silverstein; Fiscal Year: 2009..stirred suspensions and discovered that a critical PMN concentration (CNC) is required to block the growth of bacteria in fibrin ..
- Complex Nanocomposites for Bone RegenerationAntoni P Tomsia; Fiscal Year: 2013..lamellar structures prepared using a novel technology developed in our laboratory based on freeze-casting of suspensions. Third, the addition of diverse functional capabilities to these porous scaffolds will be systematically ..
- Methamphetamine and Immune Cells in NeuroAIDSMaria Cecilia Garibaldi Marcondes; Fiscal Year: 2012..qRTPCR and protein detection (western blot on brain and spleen frozen tissue fragments, FACS of frozen cell suspensions, and immunohistochemistry on paraffin-embedded tissue - already processed and available for all animals)...
- Sorbents for Toxic-Metal Removal in Pharmaceutical Development and ManufactureGIRISH SRINIVAS; Fiscal Year: 2011..Homogeneous catalysts may degrade, forming cluster compounds and nano-suspensions, which, if not removed between synthesis steps, catalyze additional side-reactions...
- Magnetophoretic Cell Sorting and AnalysisMaciej Zborowski; Fiscal Year: 2013..Borden). SA4: To test the feasibility of the label-less, magnetic cancer cell separation on model blood cell suspensions. The proposed strategy is based on the soluble - rather than particulate - iron transport processes, and may ..
- Mechanisms of Metabolic Dysfunction in Heart DiseaseDaniel A Beard; Fiscal Year: 2012..strategy is to first characterize the mitochondrial metabolic network based on quenched kinetic measurements in suspensions of isolated mitochondria...
- Cluster Imaging of Emerging Biomarker Networks in Wound HealingMatthias Nahrendorf; Fiscal Year: 2012..and justaxposed to results from traditional, accepted gold standards such as flow cytometric analysis of cell suspensions from infarcts, genomic and proteomic data, and to immunoreactive histology...
- Cyclic AMP Signaling Affects Urine Concentration through UT-A1Mitsi A Blount; Fiscal Year: 2012..that the UT-A1 urea transporter is regulated by phosphorylation in rat inner medullary collecting duct (IMCD) suspensions and in a Madin-Darby canine kidney (MDCK) cell line (UT-A1-MDCK), which we created, that stably expresses UT-A1...
- Neural Transplantation within Amygdalar CircuitryMiles Gregory Cunningham; Fiscal Year: 2010..Cell suspensions rich in GABAergic neurons will be placed within the amygdala, and behavioral models will be used to assess the ..
- Monitoring of Oral Cancer Patients Using Novel Lab-on-a-Chip EnsemblesJohn T McDevitt; Fiscal Year: 2012..The cell suspensions collected in this manner will allow for the simultaneous quantification of cell morphometric data and ..
- Tissue procurement &processing for molecular analysisChristopher A Moskaluk; Fiscal Year: 2013..Options for viable tissue include frozen cell suspensions from mechanically and enzymatically disaggregated solid tissue, frozen cell suspensions of small tissue ..
- Single Cell ElectroporationStephen G Weber; Fiscal Year: 2013..It is mostly used for transfection, and applied to suspensions of cells...
- Development of stable and rapidly acting adjuvanted vaccines for biodefenseROBERT NEWTON BREY; Fiscal Year: 2013..Most vaccines are formulated in aqueous buffers and suspensions with aluminum salts adjuvants, vaccine immunogens degrade and lose potency (and efficacy)...
- Layer-by-layer nanocarriers for highly efficient solubilization of insoluble drugVladimir P Torchilin; Fiscal Year: 2013..For this, aqueous suspensions of poorly soluble drugs with micron range particles are subjected to ultrasonication to bring their size to the ..
- Characterization of spermatogonial stem cells using long-term label retentionDEREK JOSEF MCLEAN; Fiscal Year: 2011..application is the lack of understanding of specific cell characteristics and the inability to isolate pure suspensions of these cells...
- Functionalizing Non-Useable Cryopreserved Human Hepatocytes into Useable HepaticRandall McClelland; Fiscal Year: 2011..cryopreserved hepatocyte products, and (2) a validated 13C SIRM method for contract research services using suspensions or attached human hepatocytes presently non-useable by conventional assays...
- Aging and sensitivity to traffic-generated air pollutants in male and female miceCaleb E Finch; Fiscal Year: 2012..Aim 1 will expose animals to re-aerosolized nPM for 20 weeks, with assessment of memory, and neuronal and glial functions. Aim 2 will evaluate in vitro glial age effects on neuronal activities in response to aqueous suspensions of nPM.
- Nanostructuring and Molecular Imaging of Engineered Cardiovascular TissuesJoseph C Wu; Fiscal Year: 2011..is different from "cell therapy" which intends to improve the function of an injured tissue by simply injecting suspensions of isolated cells...
- Self-Organized Tissue MicrovasculatureDavid Wood; Fiscal Year: 2010..We hypothesize that physical models of erosion can be applied to suspensions of cell-laden hydrogels and that these models will allow us to optimize the organization of a vascular network ..
- Characterization of spermatogonial stem cells using long-term label retentionDEREK JOSEF MCLEAN; Fiscal Year: 2012..application is the lack of understanding of specific cell characteristics and the inability to isolate pure suspensions of these cells...
- Predictive Modeling of collective swimming in bacterial supensionsLeonid Berlyand; Fiscal Year: 2013..under the direction of one of the coPIs, have uncovered several important consequences of collective motion in suspensions of swimming bacteria: a dramatic increase in the effective diffusivity, a lowering of the effective viscosity ..
- Molecular Approaches to Understanding Global Regulation in Paclitaxel AccumulatioElsbeth L Walker; Fiscal Year: 2010..2) Examine targeted gene expression in cell suspensions and specific subpopulations that accumulate higher levels of paclitaxel via RT-PCR to facilitate the uncovering ..
- Effect of Physicochemical Properties of Ophthalmic Formulations on Ocular BioavaiUday B Kompella; Fiscal Year: 2012..Unlike solutions, ophthalmic suspensions/emulsions require an additional step of "dissolution or "release" before the drug is absorbed from the dosage ..
- (PQC2) Resistance to fluid shear stress: a novel biomarker of cancer cellsMichael D Henry; Fiscal Year: 2013..a rapid and simple means to assess the response of a population of cancer cells to mechanical force (FSS) in suspensions that can be readily prepared from clinical specimens...
- Fluorometric Imaging Plate Reader (FLIPRtetra)Louis M Luttrell; Fiscal Year: 2010..LED modules and user configurable excitation and emission filters, an optional adapter for addition of cell suspensions and enhanced luminescence sensitivity with the optional aequorin luminescence camera...
- Academic Centers of Excellence in Youth Violence PreventionBeverly Kingston; Fiscal Year: 2013..Rates for offenses, including violent offenses, which resulted in out of school suspensions or expulsion (2009-10 school year) per 1,000 students were 122.65 in Montbello and 100.38 for NEPH...
- Method and Device for Rodent Germplasm VitrificationJohn K Critser; Fiscal Year: 2010..This device system achieves vitrification of germplasm suspensions without any cryoprotective agent (CPA) or with low concentration CPA (<1M)...
- Depot intra-articular fluticasone for the treatment of arthritisThomas J Smith; Fiscal Year: 2013..We achieved the specific aims of Phase I of this proposal which were to formulate sustained- release suspensions for an intra-articular steroid, to test the in vitro releae characteristics of these formulations, and to test ..
- Rapid Testing of Drug Resistant BCR-ABL(+) Leukemia CellsRONALD J RIEDER; Fiscal Year: 2013..The approach is optimally implemented by measuring the dielectric permittivity of drug-treated cell suspensions using differential impedance sensing...
- Blood Brain Barrier Physiology and HIV DementiaHOWARD GENDELMAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..Migration of MP will be performed on replicate cell suspensions through the use of artificial barriers (for example Boyden chemotaxis microchamber assays or a BBB model)...
- Instrumentation for optical monitoring of apoptosis in unlabeled cell culturesIrving J Bigio; Fiscal Year: 2010..quantitative monitoring of apoptosis in viable cell cultures in real time, for both plated cultures and cell suspensions. This will be effected by measuring the wavelength-dependence (spectrum) of scattered light at selected angles, ..
- Regulation of Proximal Tubule TransportWalter F Boron; Fiscal Year: 2013..in JHCO3? And are AT1a-null and RPTP3-null mice more sensitive to chronic acidosis? (2) Biochemistry in PT suspensions. Does CO2/HCO-3 produce a unique RPTP3-dependent phosphotyrosine fingerprint on ErbB1? Can a proteomic approach ..
- Sustained release calcineurin inhibitors for the prevention of graft rejectionThomas Smith; Fiscal Year: 2007..The specific aims of this proposal are: to formulate sustained release suspensions of tacrolimus (TAC) and cyclosporine (CsA); to test the in vitro release characteristics of these formulations; ..
- Instrumentation Development on Multi-Scaled Scattering for Bio-Molecular SolutionBenjamin Chu; Fiscal Year: 2009..capability with synchrotron X-ray scattering, specifically designed for bio-macromolecular gels, solutions and suspensions. The combined X-rays and laser light scattering techniques will be able to detect structural variations and ..
- AMINO ACID TRANSPORT AFTER SMALL BOWEL RESECTIONHARRY SAX; Fiscal Year: 2004..EGF binding activates the EGF receptor (EGFR). In cell suspensions derived from both human jejunum and C2BBE1cell line, EGF increases glutamine transport, upregulation is blocked ..
- Defining the progenitor cell niche of the developing kidneyLeif Oxburgh; Fiscal Year: 2013..of technological innovation, we propose to develop a system for in vitro organogenesis from defined single cell suspensions of nephron progenitor cells in which the balance between renewal and differentiation can be studied...
- BLOOD-BRAIN BARRIER IN NORMAL & EXPERIMENTAL BRAINRICHARD BROADWELL; Fiscal Year: 1990..second project concerns the angiogenesis and development or absence of a BBB within solid allogafts and cell suspensions of fetal/neonatal CNS, adult non-neural tissue (anterior and posterior lobes of the pituitary gland), PC-12 (..
- Rapid On-Site Cyanide Assay for Blood and Saliva SamplesCarolyn Goodridge; Fiscal Year: 2003..Most of our prior work has been with aqueous cyanide and gold nanoparticle suspensions, however, some work with HCN detection has been performed with gold nanoparticle impregnated test strips...
- A Microfluidic System for Image-Guided RNA-Seq of Single Cells in GlioblastomaPETER ALAN SIMS; Fiscal Year: 2013..career development component focuses on acquiring skills related to 1) tissue handling, dispersing single cell suspensions from tissue, and culturing tissue-derived cells;2) labeling, FACS, and laser capture of tissue-derived cells;..
- PATHOGENESIS OF MYCOSIS FUNGOIDESIrwin Braverman; Fiscal Year: 1992..for cell surface markers at the light and EM level as well as by FACS analysis of epidermal cell suspensions. The phenotypes of dendritic cells will be assessed in situ and in epidermal cell suspensions by ..
- HEMORHEOLOGY IN SICKLE CELL ANEMIA AND RELATED DISORDERSHERBERT MEISELMAN; Fiscal Year: 1993..The specific aims of the present program include: 1) studies of the flow behavior of sickle erythrocyte suspensions and mixtures of normal and sickle RBC, at various oxygen tension/saturation levels, in narrow bore glass tubes ..
- ATRIAL PEPTIDE REGULATION OF SODIUM TRANSPORTMark Zeidel; Fiscal Year: 1990..Recently, we have demonstrated that ANP inhibits transport-dependent oxygen consumption and sodium uptake in suspensions of IMCD cells, as well as apical sodium uptake in confluent monolayers of IMCD cells in culture...
- NEURON TRANSPLANT THERAPY: A MODEL OF PARKINSONISMMARK DUBACH; Fiscal Year: 1990..transplants? (2) Can removal of immunogenic cells and concentration of dopamine neurons, by cell-sorting of suspensions prior to transplantation, improve transplant success? (3) Can adrenal tissue be used as a source of ..
- Novel Freeze-Cast Bioactive Glass Scaffolds for Bone RepairMOHAMED RAHAMAN; Fiscal Year: 2009..Freeze casting of suspensions has been widely used for the preparation of porous materials, but constructs prepared conventionally by this ..
- A Droplet-Based System for Capture, Manipulation, and Biochemical Profiling of RaStefanie S Jeffrey; Fiscal Year: 2013..Gently probing small volumes with suspensions of magnetic beads should be much more efficient at capturing rare cells than probing a large volume, at the ..
- STUDIES OF CAVITATION IN BIOLOGICAL SYSTEMSEDVARD HEMMINGSEN; Fiscal Year: 1993..The experimental approach involves subjecting aqueous suspensions of particles with the desired surface characteristics to varying levels of nitrogen or carbon dioxide ..
- FLOW/SURFACE EFFECTS ON PLATELET GPIIB-IIIASteven Slack; Fiscal Year: 1992..Also, platelet suspensions will be sheared in a viscometer and evaluated for changes in their reactivity with adsorbed fibrinogen...
- Sustained release depot pre-exposure prophylaxis in breast feeding populationsThomas Smith; Fiscal Year: 2007..In Phase 1 of this project we accomplished the specific aims proposed: we formulated sustained release suspensions for nevirapine; we tested the in vitro release characteristics of these formulations into buffer; and we ..
- NOVEL MARROW PURGING REGIMENS IN LEUKEMIAJoseph Wiley; Fiscal Year: 1992..Preclinical studies in a rodent model of ANLL have demonstrated efficacy of in vitro purging of marrow suspensions containing small (approximately 5%) numbers of leukemia cells with 4- hydroperoxycyclophosphamide (4HC) and ..
- Cell Graft Engineering Using MicrofluidsAllison Hubel; Fiscal Year: 2007..We propose a new paradigm for processing of post-thaw cell suspensions: the use of microfluidic devices...
- MARKERS OF EXFOLIATED BENIGN AND MALIGNANT BLADDER CELLSCarlos Cordon Cardo; Fiscal Year: 1991..with bladder tumors, cystitis and normal mucosa, (c) flow cytometry of bladder irrigation specimens and cell suspensions from resected tumors using dual parameter DNA/monoclonal antibody binding measurements and three parameter-dual ..
- GLUTATHIONE AND MITOCHONDRIA IN TOXIC RENAL INJURYLawrence Lash; Fiscal Year: 1992..Isolated mitochondria and purified or highly enriched cell suspensions of individual segments of the nephron from male Fischer 344 rats will be used...
- Developing Mn Porphyrins as a Treatment for ALSIrwin Fridovich; Fiscal Year: 2006..Toward this end we will start by seeing whether CO2 exacerbates oxidative stress in suspensions of SOD-deficient strains as compared to parental strains of E. coli...
- IMPROVED INHALATION THERAPY OF AIDS-RELATED INFECTIONSMICHAEL VIOLANTE; Fiscal Year: 1991..Feasibility will be demonstrated in Phase I using previously developed fine particle suspensions. Concurrently pentamidine-free-base particle suspensions will be developed for use in Phase II comparison with ..
- Whole Tooth Tissue EngineeringPamela Yelick; Fiscal Year: 2003..The approach, based on recent successful tissue engineering efforts, is to seed single cell suspensions derived from immature tooth buds onto biodegradable polymer scaffolds, and to implant the seeded scaffolds in ..
- IMMUNOPHARMACOLOGIC ERADICATION OF MYELOID LEUKEMIAAndrew Yeager; Fiscal Year: 1993..b>Suspensions of normal LBN marrow, AML cells maintained in sus- pension cultures in vitro, and 10:1 mixtures of normal ..
- Nanostructured Block-copolymer Reinforced Calcium Phosphate CompositesLARA ESTROFF; Fiscal Year: 2009..characterization of stable amorphous calcium phosphate (ACP) particles (<100 nm) capable of forming stable suspensions in both aqueous and organic solvents...