Summary: Completed forms of the pharmaceutical preparation in which prescribed doses of medication are included. They are designed to resist action by gastric fluids, prevent vomiting and nausea, reduce or alleviate the undesirable taste and smells associated with oral administration, achieve a high concentration of drug at target site, or produce a delayed or long-acting drug effect. They include CAPSULES; LINIMENTS; OINTMENTS; PHARMACEUTICAL SOLUTIONS; POWDERS; TABLETS; etc.
Publications267 found, 100 shown here
- Spectrophotometric determination of phenylephrine HCl and orphenadrine citrate in pure and in dosage formsS A Shama
Faculty of Science, Chemistry Department, Benha University, Benha, Egypt
J Pharm Biomed Anal 30:1385-92. 2002..7, for six determinations of 20 microgram ml(-1). The proposed methods are successfully applied to the determination of drugs I and II in their dosage forms using the standard addition technique.
- Probability of passing dissolution acceptance criteria for an immediate release tabletMonica L Dumont
Pfizer Global Research and Development, Analytical Research and Development Department, Eastern Point Road, Groton, CT 06340, USA
J Pharm Biomed Anal 44:79-84. 2007..Whether the acceptance criteria were relevant to the product was also considered. This mathematical approach uses a Monte Carlo simulation and considers a range of values for standard deviation and mean of historical data...
- Pharmaceutical approaches to preparing pelletized dosage forms using the extrusion-spheronization processNamrata R Trivedi
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, 26 South Dunlap Street, Memphis, TN 38163, USA
Crit Rev Ther Drug Carrier Syst 24:1-40. 2007Pelletized dosage forms date back to the 1950s, when the first product was introduced to the market...
- Microenvironmental pH modulation in solid dosage formsSherif I Farag Badawy
Bristol Myers Squibb Pharmaceutical Research Institute, New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA
J Pharm Sci 96:948-59. 2007..pH modulation was also shown to control the dissolution profile of both immediate and controlled release dosage forms of compounds with pH dependent solubility...
- Developing early formulations: practice and perspectivePing Li
Pharmaceutical Development, Novartis Pharmaceuticals, One Health Plaza, East Hanover, NJ 07936, United States
Int J Pharm 341:1-19. 2007..It then evaluated a variety of dosage forms and solubility enhancement approaches including various solutions, suspensions, lipid-based formulations, solid ..
- Characterization and optimization of orodispersible mosapride film formulationsAliaa N Elmeshad
Department of Pharmaceutics and Industrial Pharmacy, Faculty of Pharmacy, Cairo University, Egypt
AAPS PharmSciTech 12:1384-92. 2011..An optimized mosapride orodispersible film formulation was achieved that could be of benefit to patients suffering from gastrointestinal disorders...
- Prescribing errors involving medication dosage formsTimothy S Lesar
Albany Medical Center, Albany, NY 12208, USA
J Gen Intern Med 17:579-87. 2002..Prescribing errors involving medication dose formulations have been reported to occur frequently in hospitals. No systematic evaluations of the characteristics of errors related to medication dosage formulation have been performed...
- Polymer-based sustained-release dosage forms for protein drugs, challenges, and recent advancesFei Wu
School of Pharmacy, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai 200240, China
AAPS PharmSciTech 9:1218-29. 2008....
- Development of solid self-emulsifying drug delivery systems: preparation techniques and dosage formsBo Tang
Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, Shenyang City 110016, Liaoning Province, People s Republic of China
Drug Discov Today 13:606-12. 2008..advances in the study of S-SEDDS, especially the related solidification techniques and the development of solid SE dosage forms. Finally, the existing problems and the possible future research directions in this field are pointed out.
- Expandable gastroretentive dosage formsEytan A Klausner
Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, Faculty of Medicine, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem POB 12065, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
J Control Release 90:143-62. 2003Expandable gastroretentive dosage forms (GRDFs) have been designed for the past 3 decades. They were originally created for possible veterinary use, but later the design was modified for enhanced drug therapy in humans...
- Magnetic marker monitoring: high resolution real-time tracking of oral solid dosage forms in the gastrointestinal tractWerner Weitschies
Department of Biopharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Technology, University of Greifswald, D 17487 Greifswald, Germany
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 74:93-101. 2010Knowledge about the performance of dosage forms in the gastrointestinal tract is essential for the development of new oral delivery systems, as well as for the choice of the optimal formulation technology...
- Advances in orodispersible films for drug deliveryEva Maria Hoffmann
Heinrich Heine University, Institute of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, Universitatsstr 1, 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Expert Opin Drug Deliv 8:299-316. 2011..as a unique Rx (prescription drug) dosage form by the FDA (oral soluble film), such products are not substitutable by conventional oral dosage forms. The official term defined by the European Medicines Agency is orodispersible film (ODF).
- Gradient HPLC-diode array detector stability-indicating determination of lidocaine hydrochloride and cetylpyridinium chloride in two combined oral gel dosage formsTarek S Belal
University of Alexandria, Faculty of Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Analytical Chemistry Department, Elmessalah 21521, Alexandria, Egypt
J AOAC Int 94:503-12. 2011..9%...
- [Questionnaire survey of air extruded jelly dosage form (I) - oral condition of elder patients and applicability of air extruded jelly formulation - ]Takehisa Hanawa
Department of Pharmacy, University Hospital, University of Yamanashi, Chuo, Yamanashi, Japan
Yakugaku Zasshi 132:1461-6. 2012..Based on these results, AEJF is expected to improve the adherence of elderly patients to their medicine dosage regimens, and to improve compliance among those with oral troubles or some other hindrance to compliance...
- Novel gastroretentive dosage forms: evaluation of gastroretentivity and its effect on riboflavin absorption in dogsEytan A Klausner
Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, Faculty of Medicine, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
Pharm Res 19:1516-23. 2002corrected] The purpose of this study was to design novel gastroretentive dosage forms (GRDFs) based on unfolding multilayer polymeric films, to investigate the mechanism of their gastroretentivity in dogs, and to assess the effect of ..
- Patients' evaluation of shape, size and colour of solid dosage formsA B Overgaard
Royal Danish School of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmaceutics, Universitetsparken 2, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Pharm World Sci 23:185-8. 2001..The aim of the study was to investigate the swallow ability and the patient preferences of tablets and capsules with different sizes, shapes, surfaces and colours...
- Comparison of electrospun and extruded Soluplus®-based solid dosage forms of improved dissolutionZsombor K Nagy
Organic Chemistry and Technology Department, Budapest University of Technology and Economics, H 1111 Budapest, Hungary
J Pharm Sci 101:322-32. 2012..The developed continuous technologies demonstrate great potential to tackle the challenge of inadequate dissolution of poorly water-soluble drugs in several cases...
- Biowaiver monographs for immediate-release solid oral dosage forms: stavudineArthur L L Silva
Brazilian Health Surveillance Agency, ANVISA, Division of Bioequivalence, Brasilia, Brazil
J Pharm Sci 101:10-6. 2012..to allow a waiver of in vivo bioequivalence (BE) testing for the approval of immediate-release (IR) solid oral dosage forms containing stavudine (d4T) are reviewed...
- Study on dissolution and absorption of four dosage forms of isosorbide mononitrate: level A in vitro-in vivo correlationZi Qiang Li
Faculty of Chinese Materia Medica, Tianjin University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Tianjin, China
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 79:364-71. 2011..was to develop a novel in vitro system to simulate the process of dissolution and permeation of oral solid dosage forms in vivo, and to establish a correlation between in vitro permeation and in vivo absorption that could predict ..
- Evolution of a detailed physiological model to simulate the gastrointestinal transit and absorption process in humans, part II: extension to describe performance of solid dosage formsKirstin Thelen
Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Institute of Pharmaceutical Technology, 60438 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
J Pharm Sci 101:1267-80. 2012..transit as well as disintegration and dissolution processes of various immediate-release and modified-release dosage forms. Empirical functions of the Weibull type were fitted to experimental in vitro dissolution profiles of solid ..
- A benefit/risk approach towards selecting appropriate pharmaceutical dosage forms - an application for paediatric dosage form selectionTom Sam
Global CMC Regulatory Affairs, Merck Sharp and Dohme, Oss, The Netherlands
Int J Pharm 435:115-23. 2012The design and selection of new pharmaceutical dosage forms involves the careful consideration and balancing of a quality target product profile against technical challenges and development feasibility...
- Biowaiver monographs for immediate-release solid oral dosage forms: ketoprofenIgor E Shohin
Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University, Moscow, Russia
J Pharm Sci 101:3593-603. 2012..to allow a waiver of in vivo bioequivalence (BE) testing for the approval of immediate-release (IR) solid oral dosage forms containing ketoprofen are reviewed...
- Ionization states in the microenvironment of solid dosage forms: effect of formulation variables and processingRamprakash Govindarajan
Department of Pharmaceutics, University of Minnesota, 308 Harvard St SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Pharm Res 23:2454-68. 2006Evaluation of the effect of formulation composition and processing variables on the microenvironment in solid dosage forms, based on ionization of indicator probes.
- Gastrointestinal transit of dosage forms in the pigS S Davis
Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Nottingham, UK
J Pharm Pharmacol 53:33-9. 2001..The times are much shorter than those previously published for the transit of solid dosage forms in the pig...
- Validation of a near-infrared transmission spectroscopic procedure. Part B: Application to alternate content uniformity and release assay methods for pharmaceutical solid dosage formsGary E Ritchie
Purdue Pharma LP, Building 444, Saw Mill River Road, Ardsley, NY 10502, USA
J Pharm Biomed Anal 29:159-71. 2002..Applying previously described protocols for NIR methods to the analysis of two types of pharmaceutical products shows that for these products, NIR is suitable as an alternate analytical method for assay and for content uniformity...
- Biowaiver monographs for immediate release solid oral dosage forms: ranitidine hydrochlorideH Kortejärvi
Orion Pharma, Research and Development, Espoo, Finland
J Pharm Sci 94:1617-25. 2005..to allow a waiver of in vivo bioequivalence testing for the approval of immediate release (IR) solid oral dosage forms containing ranitidine hydrochloride are reviewed...
- Spectrophotometric determination of acyclovir and ribavirin in their dosage formsMohie Khaled Sharaf El-Din
University of Mansoura, Faculty of Pharmacy, Department of Analytical Chemistry, Mansoura, 35516, Egypt
J AOAC Int 89:631-41. 2006..86 and 100.82 +/- 0.46 for ACV; 99.41 +/- 1.08 and 100.35 +/- 1.03 for RBV. The results obtained were compared statistically with those given by official methods and showed no significant differences regarding accuracy and precision...
- Making medicines that children can takeA J Nunn
Department of Pharmacy, Alder Hey Children s Hospital, Liverpool, UK
Arch Dis Child 88:369-71. 2003
- Stability considerations in liquid dosage forms extemporaneously prepared from commercially available productsBeverley D Glass
School of Pharmacy and Molecular Sciences, James Cook University, Townsville, QLD, Australia
J Pharm Pharm Sci 9:398-426. 2006..professionals, a general discussion of the various parameters that may be modified in preparing these dosage forms and a tabulated summary of the dosage forms presented in the literature is described, which, although not ..
- Biowaiver monographs for immediate release solid oral dosage forms: rifampicinC Becker
Institute of Pharmaceutical Technology, J W Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
J Pharm Sci 98:2252-67. 2009..BE) testing for the approval of new multisource and reformulated immediate release (IR) solid oral dosage forms containing rifampicin as the only Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) are reviewed...
- Percutaneous release of caffeine from microemulsion, emulsion and gel dosage formsM A Bolzinger
Universite de Lyon, Lyon, France Université Lyon 1, Laboratoire de Dermopharmacie et Cosmétologie, Lyon, France
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 68:446-51. 2008..3-fold larger than from the emulsion and gel dosage forms. Half this amount was stored in the hypodermis, the other half continuing its diffusion to the receptor ..
- Implication of biopharmaceutics and pharmacokinetics of rifampicin in variable bioavailability from solid oral dosage formsShrutidevi Agrawal
Department of Pharmaceutics, National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research NIPER, Sector 67, Phase X, Mohali 160062, Punjab, India
Biopharm Drug Dispos 26:321-34. 2005..with pH and the concentration-dependent absorption of rifampicin affects the in vivo performance of the dosage forms. In addition, this is the first report of methodology for correcting inlet concentration for permeability ..
- Stability-indicating micelle-enhanced spectrofluorimetric method for determination of loratadine and desloratadine in dosage formsM I Walash
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Mansoura, 35516, Mansoura, Egypt
Luminescence 26:670-9. 2011..The application of the proposed method was extended to stability studies of LRT and DSL after exposure to different forced degradation conditions, such as acidic, alkaline and oxidative conditions, according to ICH guidelines...
- Active compounds release from semisolid dosage formsAnna Olejnik
Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan, Faculty of Chemistry, ul Umultowska 89b, 61 714 Poznań, Poland
J Pharm Sci 101:4032-45. 2012The aim of this paper is to review all the aspects of the in vitro release testing (IVRT) from semisolid dosage forms. Although none of the official dissolution methods has been specified for use with semisolid dosage forms, their utility ..
- Gastric emptying of multi-particulate dosage formsJ Michael Newton
Department of Mechanical Engineering, University College London, Torrington Place, London WC1 7JE, UK
Int J Pharm 395:2-8. 2010The evidence in the literature for the concept that multi-particulate dosage forms below a specific size empty from the stomach as if they were liquids and hence have the potential to provide the best solution to the formulation of ..
- Chlorhexidine in the prevention of dry socket: effectiveness of different dosage forms and regimensMaría Paz Minguez-Serra
Stomatology Unit, Doctor Peset University Hospital, Valencia, Spain
Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal 14:e445-9. 2009..Since the underlying etiology is not clear, the best treatment is prevention. Chlorhexidine (CHX) is an antiseptic that acts upon the bacteria of the oral cavity, and is widely used in dental practice...
- Hydromorphone in the management of cancer-related pain: an update on routes of administration and dosage formsMaansi G Kumar
College of Pharmacy and Allied Health Professions, St John s University, Jamaica, New York, USA
J Pharm Pharm Sci 10:504-18. 2007..for the management of cancer-related pain emphasizing on the various routes of administration as well as dosage forms, and providing a direction for the preference of a particular route depending on the need for a rapid effect ..
- Kinetic spectrophotometric determination of atenolol in dosage formsSheikha M Al-Ghannam
Girls College of Science, Department of Chemistry, Dammam, Saudi Arabia
J AOAC Int 85:817-23. 2002A simple kinetic procedure is described for the determination of atenolol in its dosage forms. The procedure is based on coupling the drug with 4-chloro-7-nitrobenzo-2-oxa-1,3-diazole in pH 8 borate buffer at the boiling temperature for a ..
- Current perspectives in dissolution testing of conventional and novel dosage formsShirzad Azarmi
Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6J 2L7
Int J Pharm 328:12-21. 2007..is to review USP and non-pharmacopeial dissolution testing methods for conventional and novel pharmaceutical dosage forms and give an insight to possible alternatives in drug dissolution study design and appropriate choices for ..
- Spectrophotometric and fluorimetric determination of aztreonam in bulk and dosage formsHoda Mahgoub
Department of Pharmaceutical Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Alexandria, P O Box 21521, Alexandria, Egypt
J Pharm Biomed Anal 31:767-74. 2003..The proposed methods are sensitive, accurate and precise as compared with the official USP 24 HPLC method...
- Thermal analysis study of the interactions between acetaminophen and excipients in solid dosage forms and in some binary mixturesM Tomassetti
Department of Chemistry, University of Rome La Sapienza, Ple A Moro, 5 I 00185 Rome, Italy
J Pharm Biomed Anal 37:949-55. 2005..with those found for several solid mixtures and in some commercially available acetaminophen-based dosage forms. Appreciable modifications occur only for solid mixtures with high content of excipient...
- Characterization of itraconazole semisolid dosage forms prepared by hot melt techniqueSang Young Shim
National Research Laboratory for Bioavailability Control, College of Pharmacy, Kangwon National University, Chuncheon 200 701, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 29:1055-60. 2006The objective of this study was to formulate itraconazole semisolid dosage forms and characterize their physicochemical properties...
- Differential electrolytic potentiometric determination of some thiol compounds in their dosage formsS M Al-Ghannam
Department of Chemistry, Girls College of Science, P O Box 838, Dammam 31113, Saudi Arabia
Farmaco 59:331-4. 2004..2-2 microA/cm2. The procedure was applied successfully to the determination of certain thiol compounds in drug formulations and the results were favorably compared statistically with those obtained from official methods...
- Determination of lisinopril in dosage forms and spiked human plasma through derivatization with 7-chloro-4-nitrobenzo-2-oxa-1,3-diazole (NBD-Cl) followed by spectrophotometry or HPLC with fluorimetric detectionAli A El-Emam
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, College of Pharmacy, King Saud University, PO Box 2457, Riyadh 11451, Saudi Arabia
J Pharm Biomed Anal 34:35-44. 2004..and reversed-phase HPLC with fluorimetric detection are described for the determination of lisinopril in dosage forms as well as in spiked human plasma using solid phase extraction (SPE) procedures...
- A dynamic artificial gastrointestinal system for studying the behavior of orally administered drug dosage forms under various physiological conditionsStéphanie Blanquet
Equipe de Recherche Technologique Conception, Ingénierie et Développement de l Aliment et du Médicament, Centre de Recherche en Nutrition Humaine d Auvergne, Faculte de Pharmacie, Universite d Auvergne, 63001 Clermont Ferrand, France
Pharm Res 21:585-91. 2004..the potential of a dynamic, multicompartmental in vitro system simulating the human stomach and small intestine (TIM-1) for studying the behavior of oral drug dosage forms under various physiological gastrointestinal conditions.
- Validated spectrophotometric methods for the determination of amiodarone hydrochloride in commercial dosage forms using p-chloranilic acid and 2,3-dichloro-5,6-dicyano-1,4-benzoquinoneNafisur Rahman
Department of Chemistry, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh 202002 UP, India
Anal Sci 20:1231-5. 2004..Beer's law is obeyed in the concentration ranges 10.0 - 360.0 and 2.0 - 65.0 microg ml(-1) for methods A and B, respectively. Application of the proposed methods to commercial pharmaceutical tablets are presented...
- Biowaiver monographs for immediate release solid oral dosage forms: ibuprofenH Potthast
Federal Institute for Drugs and Medical Devices BfArM, Kurt Georg Kiesinger Allee 3, Bonn, Germany
J Pharm Sci 94:2121-31. 2005..8 and the test product also exhibits similar dissolution profiles to the reference product in buffer pH 1.2, 4.5, and 6.8...
- Determination of tramadol hydrochloride in ampoule dosage forms by using UV spectrophotometric and HPLC-DAD methods in methanol and water mediaAysel Küçük
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science and Arts, University of Ataturk, 25240 Erzurum, Turkey
Farmaco 60:163-9. 2005Two newly developed simple and sensitive methods for determination of tramadol hydrochloride in ampoule dosage forms were described and validated...
- Kinetic spectrophotometric determination of famotidine in commercial dosage formsNafisur Rahman
Analytical Research Division, Department of Chemistry, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh U P 202002, India
Anal Sci 19:907-11. 2003..The method has been applied to the determination of famotidine in tablet formulations. The obtained results are compared statistically with those given by a reference spectrophotometric method...
- Spectrophotometric study of the reaction mechanism between DDQ Pi- and iodine sigma-acceptors and chloroquine and pyrimethamine drugs and their determination in pure and in dosage formsM A Zayed
Chemistry Department, Faculty of Science, Cairo University, Giza, A R Egypt
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 62:461-5. 2005..2-101.4% for CQP and PYM by I(2) method respectively. These data are comparable to those obtained by British and American pharmacopoeias assay for the determination of CQP and PYM in raw materials and in pharmaceutical preparations...
- Spectrophotometric determination of flucloxacillin and dicloxacillin in pure and dosage formsF A Nour El-Dien
Chemistry Department, Faculty of Science, Cairo University, Giza, Egypt
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 64:210-5. 2006..90-100.1 and 99.60-100.4 for Fluclox and 99.90-100.5 and 99.40-100.1 for Diclox using TNCQ and TCNE reagents, respectively. The results obtained for the two reagents are comparable with those obtained by the official method...
- Development and validation of a stability-indicating analytical method for the quantitation of oxytocin in pharmaceutical dosage formsF A Chaibva
Faculty of Pharmacy, Rhodes University, Grahamstown 6140, South Africa
J Pharm Biomed Anal 43:179-85. 2007A single stability-indicating assay for oxytocin (OT) in pharmaceutical dosage forms using gradient elution over 21 min has been reported in the literature...
- Quantitative determination of diclofenac sodium in solid dosage forms by FT-Raman spectroscopySylwester Mazurek
Department of Chemistry, University of Wrocław, 14 F Joliot Curie, 50 383 Wrocław, Poland
J Pharm Biomed Anal 48:814-21. 2008..7-102.0% and 99.9-101.2% for the PLS, PCR and CP-ANN methods, respectively. The proposed procedure can be a fast and convenient alternative to the standard pharmacopoeial methods of diclofenac sodium quantification in solid dosage forms.
- Biowaiver monographs for immediate release solid oral dosage forms: quinidine sulfateS Grube
Institute of Pharmacy, Department of Biopharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Technology, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
J Pharm Sci 98:2238-51. 2009..BE) testing for the approval of new multisource and reformulated immediate release (IR) solid oral dosage forms containing quinidine sulfate...
- Spectrofluorimetric determination of vigabatrin and gabapentin in urine and dosage forms through derivatization with fluorescamineF Belal
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, College of Pharmacy, King Saud University, PO Box 2457, 11451, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
J Pharm Biomed Anal 27:253-60. 2002..The method is also stability-indicating; as the degradation product of vigabatrin: 5-vinylpyrrolidin-2-one, produced no interference with its analysis...
- Different methods for the determination of gestodene, and cyproterone acetate in raw material and dosage formsL I Bebawy
National Organization for Drug Control and Research, 6 Hussen Kamal el Deen, Ben el Sariat, Dokki, Giza 12311, Cairo, Egypt
J Pharm Biomed Anal 25:425-36. 2001..19, and 99.82%+/-1.75, respectively. The fourth method (D) is a first derivative one depends on measuring the D(1) value at 303 nm for (II) only in concentration range 10-20 microg ml(-1) with mean percentage recoveries 99.95%+/-1.49...
- Spectrophotometric study for the reaction between fluvoxamine and 1,2-naphthoquinone-4-sulphonate: Kinetic, mechanism and use for determination of fluvoxamine in its dosage formsIbrahim A Darwish
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 72:897-902. 2009..in the development of simple and rapid spectrophotometric method for determination of FXM in its pharmaceutical dosage forms. Under the optimized reaction conditions, Beer's law correlating the absorbance (A) with FXM concentration (C) ..
- Use of mixed anhydrides for the determination of terfenadine in dosage forms and spiked human plasmaA A Al-Majed
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, College of Pharmacy, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
J Pharm Biomed Anal 23:281-9. 2000..Based on this fact, a spectrophotometric method was developed for the determination of terfenadine in dosage forms. The relation between the absorbance at 395 nm and the concentration is rectilinear over the range 0...
- Analysis of duloxetine hydrochloride and its related compounds in pharmaceutical dosage forms and in vitro dissolution studies by stability indicating UPLCDantu Durga Rao
Dr Reddy s Laboratories Ltd IPDO, Bachupally, Hyderabad 500072, A P, India
J Chromatogr Sci 48:819-24. 2010..method is developed for quantitative determination of duloxetine hydrochloride in pharmaceutical dosage forms. The method is also applicable for analysis of related substances and for study of in vitro dissolution ..
- Spectrophotometric estimation of D-penicillamine in bulk and dosage forms using 2,6-dichloroquinone-4-chlorimide (DCQ)A A Al-Majed
King Saud University, College of Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Chemistry Department, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
J Pharm Biomed Anal 21:827-33. 1999..57%. The results obtained were sufficiently accurate, reproducible and in accordance with those given by the official method. The method is specific for the intact drug, and can be adopted in the presence of some interfering substances...
- 2,6-Dichloroquinone chlorimide and 7,7,8,8-tetracyanoquinodimethane reagents for the spectrophotometric determination of salbutamol in pure and dosage formsG G Mohamed
Chemistry Department, Faculty of Science, Cairo University, Giza, Egypt
J Pharm Biomed Anal 28:1127-33. 2002..The results obtained by the two reagents are comparable with those obtained by British pharmacopoeia assay for the determination of salbutamol in raw materials and in pharmaceutical preparations...
- Using biorelevant dissolution to obtain IVIVC of solid dosage forms containing a poorly-soluble model compoundBena Marie Lue
Department of Pharmaceutics and Analytical Chemistry, The Danish University of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Copenhagen, Denmark
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 69:648-57. 2008..This study demonstrates the potential of physiologically relevant media containing both BS and LP for use in formulation and early drug development...
- An integrated system for dissolution studies and magnetic resonance imaging of controlled release, polymer-based dosage forms-a tool for quantitative assessment of hydrogel formation processesPiotr Kulinowski
Department of Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Institute of Nuclear Physics, Polish Academy of Sciences, ul Radzikowskiego 152, 31 342 Krakow, Poland
J Pharm Biomed Anal 48:685-93. 2008Controlled release (CR) dosage forms are often based on polymeric matrices, e.g., sustained-release tablets and capsules. It is crucial to visualise and quantify processes of the hydrogel formation during the standard dissolution study...
- Fluorimetric determination of some thiol compounds in their dosage formsSh M Al-Ghannam
Department of Chemistry, Girl s College of Science, Dammam, Saudi Arabia
Farmaco 57:625-9. 2002..05 microg ml(-1) (S/N = 2), and has been applied to determine these three thiols in their dosage forms. The results obtained are compared favourably with those obtained by their pharmacopeial methods.
- Anti-asthmatic drugs and dosage forms in children: a cross-sectional studyEric Schirm
Department of Social Pharmacy and Pharmacoepidemiology, Groningen University Institute for Drug Exploration GUIDE, Groningen, The Netherlands
Pharm World Sci 24:162-5. 2002To describe the choice of drugs as well as the dosage forms of anti-asthmatic drugs in children with regard to different age groups.
- Development and validation of a rapid RP-HPLC method for the determination of cetirizine or fexofenadine with pseudoephedrine in binary pharmaceutical dosage formsSevgi Karakus
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Marmara University, Haydarpasa, 34668 Istanbul, Turkey
J Pharm Biomed Anal 46:295-302. 2008..validation using ICH suggested approach for the determination of antihistaminic-decongestant pharmaceutical dosage forms containing binary mixtures of pseudoephedrine hydrochloride (PSE) with fexofenadine hydrochloride (FEX) or ..
- Determination of some histamine H1-receptor antagonists in dosage formsAzza A Gazy
Department of Pharmaceutical Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Alexandria, Alexandria 21521, Egypt
J Pharm Biomed Anal 30:859-67. 2002..presented for determination of Cetirizine, Fexofenadine, Loratadine and Acrivastine in pure form and commercial dosage forms. The first method is based on the reaction of the above cited drugs with bromocresol purple dye to form ion-..
- Evaluation of online drug references for identifying over-the-counter solid oral dosage formsS Jay Weaver
ACS State Healthcare Atlanta, GA, USA
J Am Pharm Assoc (2003) 44:694-9. 2004To evaluate six drug references for their usefulness in identifying over-the-counter (OTC) solid oral dosage forms (SODFs).
- Development and application of spectrophotometric methods for the determination of citalopram hydrobromide in dosage formsAsad Raza
Analytical Laboratory, Bio Fine Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd, Multan, Pakistan
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 54:432-4. 2006..The proposed methods were found to be rapid, accurate, precise and sensitive for the determination of citalopram hydrobromide in commercial tablet formulations with out interferences from common additives encountered...
- Biowaiver monographs for immediate release solid oral dosage forms based on biopharmaceutics classification system (BCS) literature data: verapamil hydrochloride, propranolol hydrochloride, and atenololH Vogelpoel
RIVM National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, Center for Quality of Chemical Pharmaceutical Products, P O Box 1, 3720 BA Bilthoven, The Netherlands
J Pharm Sci 93:1945-56. 2004..The development of a database with BCS-related data is announced by the International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP)...
- Escin in pharmaceutical oral dosage forms: quantitative densitometric HPTLC determinationA Costantini
Stabilimento Chimico Farmaceutico Militare, Florence, Italy
Farmaco 54:728-32. 1999..15-6.90 micrograms. The method is specific, accurate and reliable and was applied successfully to the quantitative determination of escin in commercial samples...
- Drug nano- and microparticles processed into solid dosage forms: physical propertiesJonghwi Lee
Pharmaceutical Research and Development, Merck Research Laboratories, Merck and Co, West Point, Pennsylvania 19486, USA
J Pharm Sci 92:2057-68. 2003..Stress to break and indentation hardness are found to be only slightly higher in nanoparticulate systems...
- Compatibility of the antitumoral beta-lapachone with different solid dosage forms excipientsMarcilio S S Cunha-Filho
Departamento de Farmacia y Tecnologia Farmaceutica, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad de Santiago de Compostela, Santiago de Compostela 15782, Spain
J Pharm Biomed Anal 45:590-8. 2007..Those excipients should be avoided in the development of solid dosage forms.
- A stability-indicating LC method for the simultaneous determination of ramipril and hydrochlorothiazide in dosage formsF Belal
Department of P armaceutical Chemistry, College of Pharmacy, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
J Pharm Biomed Anal 24:335-42. 2001..HPLC method has been developed for the simultaneous determination of ramipril and hydrochlorothiazide in their dosage forms. Acetonitrile: sodium perchlorate solution (0.1 M) adjusted to pH 2.5+/-0...
- Fluorimetric determination of some antibiotics in raw material and dosage forms through ternary complex formation with terbium (Tb(3+))Lories I Bebawy
National Organization for Drug Control and Research, Cairo, Egypt
J Pharm Biomed Anal 32:1219-25. 2003..The proposed method was used as stability indicating method for the determination of the studied drugs in the presence of their degradation products...
- Biowaiver monographs for immediate release solid oral dosage forms: acetaminophen (paracetamol)L Kalantzi
School of Pharmacy, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Athens, Greece
J Pharm Sci 95:4-14. 2006....
- A novel approach for the preparation of highly loaded polymeric controlled release dosage forms of diltiazem HCl and diclofenac sodiumHanan F Kakish
Faculty of Pharmacy, Jordan University of Science and Technology, Irbid, Jordan
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 54:75-81. 2002In this investigation, modified-release dosage forms of diltiazem HCl (DT) and diclofenac sodium (DS) were prepared...
- The relevance of the amorphous state to pharmaceutical dosage forms: glassy drugs and freeze dried systemsD Q Craig
Centre for Materials Science, School of Pharmacy, University of London, 29 39 Brunswick Square, London WC1N 1AX, UK
Int J Pharm 179:179-207. 1999..Finally, the principles of freeze drying will be described, including discussion of the relevance of glass transitional behaviour to product stability...
- Review of global regulations concerning biowaivers for immediate release solid oral dosage formsE Gupta
Bristol Myers Squibb Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Princeton, NJ, USA
Eur J Pharm Sci 29:315-24. 2006The regulations with respect to biowaivers for immediate release (IR) solid oral dosage forms in the USA, the EU, Japan and from the World Health Organization (WHO) are summarized and compared...
- Development and validation of liquid chromatographic and UV derivative spectrophotometric methods for the determination of famciclovir in pharmaceutical dosage formsGedela Srinubabu
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Engineering Andhra University, Visakhapatnam 530003, India
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 54:819-22. 2006..The proposed methods are highly sensitive, precise and accurate and therefore can be used for its Intended purpose...
- A validated stability-indicating UPLC method for desloratadine and its impurities in pharmaceutical dosage formsDantu Durga Rao
Dr Reddy s Laboratories Ltd, IPDO, Bachupally, Hyderabad 500072, A P, India
J Pharm Biomed Anal 51:736-42. 2010..This method was also suitable for the assay determination of desloratadine in pharmaceutical dosage forms.
- Development of clinical dosage forms for a poorly water soluble drug I: Application of polyethylene glycol-polysorbate 80 solid dispersion carrier systemRose Marie Dannenfelser
Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, 1 Health Plaza, East Hanover, New Jersey 07936, USA
J Pharm Sci 93:1165-75. 2004..In conclusion, the bioavailability of a poorly water soluble drug was greatly enhanced using the solid dispersion formulation containing a water soluble polymer with a surface active agent...
- FIP/AAPS guidelines to dissolution/in vitro release testing of novel/special dosage formsMartin Siewert
Aventis, Frankfurt, Germany
AAPS PharmSciTech 4:E7. 2003
- Simultaneous determination of losartan and hydrochlorothiazide in combined dosage forms by first-derivative spectroscopy and high-performance thin-layer chromatographyS A Shah
Lallubhai Motilal College of Pharmacy, Department of Quality Assurance, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad, India
J AOAC Int 84:1715-23. 2001..They were found to be accurate, specific, and reproducible. The methods were successfully applied to the estimation of LST and HCTZ in combined tablet formulations...
- Determination of lovastatin and simvastatin in pharmaceutical dosage forms by MEKCM K Srinivasu
Department of Analytical Research, Dr Reddy s Research Foundation, Miyapur, 500050, Hyderabad, India
J Pharm Biomed Anal 29:715-21. 2002..developed for the quantification of lovastatin and simvastatin, cholesterol lowering agents in pharmaceutical dosage forms. Lovastatin and simvastatin were separated using an electrolyte system consisting of 12% acetonitrile (v/v) in ..
- Microwave-assisted extraction of active pharmaceutical ingredient from solid dosage formsT H Hoang
Department of Pharmaceutical Research and Development, Merck Frosst Canada Ltd, Pointe Claire Dorval, Quebec, Canada
J Chromatogr A 1156:149-53. 2007..technique has been evaluated for the extraction of active pharmaceutical ingredients (API) from various solid dosage forms. Using immediate release tablets of Compound A as a model, optimization of the extraction method with regards ..
- Spectrofluorometric determination of montelukast in dosage forms and spiked human plasmaI Alsarra
Department of Pharmaceutics, College of Pharmacy, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Pharmazie 60:823-6. 2005..The mean % recoveries were in agreement with those provided by the manufacturer. The method was further applied to the in vitro determination of montelukast in spiked human plasma, the mean % recovery (n = 5) was 100.08 +/- 1.40...
- Nanoscopic friction behavior of pharmaceutical materialsJonghwi Lee
Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science, Chung Ang University, 221 Heukseok dong, Dongjak Gu, Seoul 156 756, South Korea
Int J Pharm 340:191-7. 2007The characteristics of various pharmaceutical dosage forms are influenced by surface properties such as the friction behavior. For example, die wall friction is a key issue in developing a solid dosage form...
- Effect of drying on extruded pellets based on kappa-carrageenanMarkus Thommes
Institute of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, Heinrich Heine University, Duesseldorf, Germany
Eur J Pharm Sci 31:112-8. 2007..Furthermore an ionic interaction between calcium ions of dicalciumphosphate and sulfate ester groups of kappa-carrageenan affected the pellet properties like drug release...
- [New formulations in dermatology]L Fredon
Galderma R and D, 635, route des Lucioles, BP 87, 06902 Sophia Antipolis Cedex
Ann Dermatol Venereol 134:2S30-6. 2007
- Physical properties of chitosan pellets produced by extrusion-spheronisation: influence of formulation variablesH Santos
Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Technology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Coimbra, Rua do Norte, 3049 Coimbra Codex, Portugal
Int J Pharm 246:153-69. 2002..Chitosan was useful to provide pellets of acceptable physical characteristics when employing an alcohol/water mixture 50% (v/v) as binding liquid for the extrusion-spheronisation process...
- Application of mixture experimental design to simvastatin apparent solubility predictions in the microemulsifion formed by self-microemulsifyingJian Meng
Department of Pharmaceutics, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, Shenyang, Liaoning, PR China
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 33:927-31. 2007..Furthermore, the model would help us design the formulation to maximize the drug apparent solubility and avoid precipitation of the drug...
- A mini review of scientific and pharmacopeial requirements for the disintegration testNina Donauer
Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alta T6G 2N8, Canada
Int J Pharm 345:2-8. 2007Disintegration is a performance test for oral dosage forms that is described in the United States Pharmacopeia (USP), the European Pharmacopeia (EP) and the Japanese Pharmacopeia (JP, chapter 14, 2001)...
- Biowaiver monographs for immediate release solid oral dosage forms: prednisoloneM Vogt
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
J Pharm Sci 96:27-37. 2007..to allow a waiver of in vivo bioequivalence (BE) testing for the approval of immediate release (IR) solid oral dosage forms containing prednisolone are reviewed...
- Carbamazepine/betaCD/HPMC solid dispersions. I. Influence of the spray-drying process and betaCD/HPMC on the drug dissolution profileLetícia S Koester
Programa de Pós Graduação em Ciências Farmacêuticas, Faculdade de Farmacia, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 29:139-44. 2003..In summary, we demonstrated the feasibility of obtaining a homogeneous polymeric solid dispersion of CBZ from an aqueous media by spray-drying and a clear influence of the betaCD:HPMC ratio on the release profile of CBZ...
- [The importance of micronization in the design of dosage forms I. Theoretical and biopharmaceutical aspects]Istvan Antal
Semmelweis Egyetem Gyógyszerészeti Intézet, Budapest
Acta Pharm Hung 76:95-103. 2006....
- Mechanistic investigation of drug release from asymmetric membrane tablets: effect of media gradients (osmotic pressure and concentration), and potential coating failures on in vitro releaseMary Tanya am Ende
Pfizer Inc, Eastern Point Road, Groton, Connecticut 06340, USA
Pharm Res 24:288-97. 2007..Porous, semipermable membrane integrity may be compromised by a high fat meal or by the presence of a defect in the coating that could cause a safety concern about dose-dumping...
- Preparation and characterization of a self-emulsifying pellet formulationAhmed Abdalla
Department of Pharmacy, Martin Luther University, Halle Saale, Germany
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 66:220-6. 2007..The pellets are capable of transfering lipophilic compounds into the aqueous phase and have a high potential to increase the bioavailability of lipophilic drugs...
- Practical considerations in development of solid dosage forms that contain cyclodextrinLee A Miller
Pfizer, Inc, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105, USA
J Pharm Sci 96:1691-707. 2007The following is a review of the literature that addresses the use of cyclodextrin in solid dosage forms. Care was taken to exclude physical and chemical characteristics of cyclodextrin, which have been discussed in the literature...
- A novel transdermal patch incorporating isosorbide dinitrate with bisoprolol: in vitro and in vivo characterizationJi Hui Zhao
State Key Laboratory of Natural and Biomimetic Drugs and School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Peking University, Beijing 100083, China
Int J Pharm 337:88-101. 2007..As a patient-friendly, convenient, and multi-day dosing therapeutic system, the transdermal patches incorporating ISDN and BP could be promising for prevention and treatment of hypertension...
- Twin product/process approach for pellet preparation by extrusion/spheronisation. Part I: hydro-textural aspectsS Galland
Laboratoire de Génie des Procédés et d Elaboration de Bioproduits, UMR, CIRAD 016, Universite Montpellier II, CC 05, Place Eugene Bataillon, 34095 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Int J Pharm 337:239-45. 2007..The drying operation finalises the textural characteristics of the product by densifying the medium through induced shrinkage...
- Development of Montelukast Delivery System for Childhood AsthmaJe Phil Ryoo; Fiscal Year: 2013..tolerability profile, and as a more preferred choice by children and caregivers compared with the existing oral dosage forms, Galaxy Bio developed NAL6336 montelukast ODF that is intended for daily use...
- Transferrin Conjugates for Oral Protein Drug DeliveryWei Chiang Shen; Fiscal Year: 2013..Such a new generation of protein drugs for convenient effective oral delivery will overcome patient incompliance, high cost, and adverse side effects currently associated with injectable dosage forms.
- Nicotine delivery to rodent with lung alveolar region-targeted aerosol technologyXinmin Simon Xie; Fiscal Year: 2013..solicitation for SBIR/STTR Grant Application'under NIDA 2, "Development of Alternate Drug Delivery Dosage Forms for Drugs Abuse Studies...
- Disposition of Flavonoids via Metabolic InterplayMing Hu; Fiscal Year: 2012..The success of the proposed studies should lead to the development of dosage forms with improved bioavailability for humans...
- Safety of Non-Medicated Intravaginal Rings for Microbicide DeliveryMarla J Keller; Fiscal Year: 2010..the biocompatibility of these materials is needed to support the further development of sustained intravaginal dosage forms. Future studies of medicated IVRs will include a placebo arm but will not investigate multiple elastomeric ..
- Nicotine delivery to rodents with lung alveolar region-targeted aerosol techXinmin Simon Xie; Fiscal Year: 2011..solicitation for SBIR/STTR Grant Application'under NIDA 2, "Development of Alternate Drug Delivery Dosage Forms for Drugs Abuse Studies"...
- Long-Acting Mucus-Penetrating Steroid Particles for Treatment of Eye InflammationHongming Chen; Fiscal Year: 2011..Conventional eye drops, which are preferred over other ophthalmic and systemic dosage forms due to patient comfort and localized action, are cleared from the ocular surface within minutes by lachrymation,..
- Novel Determination of Microbicide PK in Women's Reproductive HealthDAVID FRANK KATZ; Fiscal Year: 2013..instrument in women for analysis of tenofovir (a leading API) delivered by a gel or intravaginal rings (leading dosage forms). Data will be compared to predictions of novel, new compartmental models of API delivery which we will create...
- Orally Active Formulations of DHA Dimers for the Treatment of Infectious DiseasesSoumyajit Majumdar; Fiscal Year: 2013..including solubilization and stabilization approaches, inclusion of permeation enhancers and nanoparticle dosage forms will be investigated through in vitro permeability experiments...
- Transdermal Cannabinoid Prodrug Treatment for Cannabis Withdrawal and DependenceLynn Webster; Fiscal Year: 2010..Transdermal formulations also provide more abuse deterrence than immediate release dosage forms. Transdermal delivery systems offer a number of improvements over other delivery systems...
- Alternative Formulations of Tenofovir and UC781Lisa C Rohan; Fiscal Year: 2013..Film dosage forms are easily applied, are inexpensively manufactured, are easily transportable, and eliminate the need for ..
- p53 Fusion Protein as an Oncology TherapeuticXINLI HENRY contact LIN; Fiscal Year: 2010..In the Phase II project, we will further develop the GnRH-p53 therapeutic into various preclinical dosage forms for therapeutic application...
- Oral transmucosal drug delivery system for naltrexone for alcohol dependence treaHOCK TAN; Fiscal Year: 2009..The Phase I project will consist of design, fabrication and in vitro evaluation of thin-film dosage forms. The dosage form is applied "as needed" when alcohol craving occurs...
- Layer-by-layer nanocarriers for highly efficient solubilization of insoluble drugVladimir P Torchilin; Fiscal Year: 2013..preparing novel types of polymeric coatings using the layer-by-layer (LbL) technology, we expect to obtain new dosage forms of poorly soluble drugs and meet the unmet need for stable nanocolloids of such drugs suitable for parental ..
- Thermostable vaginal probiotic microbicideVICTOR BRONSHTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2012..Thin films offer a unique delivery platform which has a number of advantages over other dosage forms. In a recent study comparing women's preference between films, tablets and ovules, the film dosage form ..
- Oral transmucosal drug delivery system for naltrexoneHOCK SENG TAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..The proposed ODF technology could be extended and developed into improved dosage forms for other drugs targeted at treatment of substance-addiction...
- In Vitro-In Vivo Correlation of Ocular ImplantsUday B Kompella; Fiscal Year: 2013..Currently there are no suitable bioequivalence methods for generic products of complex dosage forms including intravitreal implants...
- Designing Optimal Microbicide Delivery Integrating Rheology and AcceptabilityGREGORY RAY ZIEGLER; Fiscal Year: 2012..The design of vaginal microbicide dosage forms has challenged formulation scientists...
- Effect of Physicochemical Properties of Ophthalmic Formulations on Ocular BioavaiUday B Kompella; Fiscal Year: 2012..Therefore, FDA guidelines recommend that ophthalmic dosage forms such as suspensions and emulsions that are Q1 and Q2 the same as the RLD, bioequivalence must be demonstrated...
- Evaluation of Dissolution Methods for Complex Parenteral Liposomal FormulationsPaul M Bummer; Fiscal Year: 2013..study combines evaluation of judiciously selected methods to monitor in vitro drug release from liposomal dosage forms with comprehensive mechanism-based computational models that incorporate the intra-liposomal microenvironment, ..
- Designing Optimal Microbicide Delivery Integrating Rheology and AcceptabilityJOHN EDWARD HAYES; Fiscal Year: 2013..The design of vaginal microbicide dosage forms has challenged formulation scientists...
- Engineering Microparticles for Taste-Masking and Controlled Release of PediatricMilind Singh; Fiscal Year: 2012..be an inexpensive, highly flexible pediatric platform for creating palatable, age-appropriate, and accurate dosage forms, leading to safer pediatric formulations and improved patient compliance...
- In vitro-In vivo Correlations of Parentral Microsphere Drug ProductsDIANE JANE BURGESS; Fiscal Year: 2013..Until now, biowaivers have not been granted for complex parenteral dosage forms (e.g. microspheres)...
- Delivery of Biological Therapeutics: Using Engineered Particles and Novel DeliverJoseph M DeSimone; Fiscal Year: 2013..of free flowing powders of shape controlled biological therapeutics and vaccines to develop three novel dosage forms including: i) delivery via highly concentrated dispersions (alternative to solutions);ii) pulmonary delivery ..
- Thermostable vaginal probiotic microbicideVICTOR BRONSHTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Thin films offer a unique delivery platform which has a number of advantages over other dosage forms. In a recent study comparing women's preference between films, tablets and ovules, the film dosage form ..
- Development of a novel nanoparticle pyrimidinedione vaginal polymeric film as anAnthony Sang Won Ham; Fiscal Year: 2013..Such "quick dissolving" solid dosage forms have recently been proposed as a innovative alternative to address several acceptability and compliance issues ..
- Delivery of Biological Therapeutics: Using Engineered Particles and Novel DeliverJoseph M DeSimone; Fiscal Year: 2011..of free flowing powders of shape controlled biological therapeutics and vaccines to develop three novel dosage forms including: i) delivery via highly concentrated dispersions (alternative to solutions);ii) pulmonary delivery ..
- Anti-counterfeit edible integral lens array for pharmaceuticalsJAY E STOCKLEY; Fiscal Year: 2013..However, these packages do not prevent refilling of empty bottles with counterfeit dosage forms. As an increased measure to prevent counterfeiting, the proposed effort will demonstrate the scalable ..
- The Shelf Live Evaluation of Investigational Dosage FormsJonathan White; Fiscal Year: 2012..This contract is essential for continued assurance of the quality of drugs undergoing clinical investigation for different types of cancer by Cancer Therapeutics Evaluation Program. ..
- The Shelf Live Evaluation of Investigational Dosage FormsJonathan White; Fiscal Year: 2011..This contract is essential for continued assurance of the quality of drugs undergoing clinical investigation for different types of cancer by Cancer Therapeutics Evaluation Program. ..
- The Shelf Live Evaluation of Investigational Dosage FormsJonathan White; Fiscal Year: 2013..This contract is essential for continued assurance of the quality of drugs undergoing clinical investigation for different types of cancer by Cancer Therapeutics Evaluation Program. ..
- The Shelf Live Evaluation of Investigational Dosage FormsJonathan White; Fiscal Year: 2010
- The Shelf Live Evaluation of Investigational Dosage FormsGREGORY TURNER; Fiscal Year: 2009
- Development and Production of Parenteral Dosage Forms for Clinical StudiesTimothy Smith; Fiscal Year: 2011The primary objective of this project is to develop and produce pharmaceutically acceptable parenteral dosage forms of promising new agents with activity against cancer...
- Development and Production of Parenteral Dosage Forms for Clinical StudiesTimothy Smith; Fiscal Year: 2010The primary objective of this project is to develop and produce pharmaceutically acceptable parenteral dosage forms of promising new agents with activity against cancer...
- Development and Production of Parenteral Dosage Forms for Clinical StudiesTimothy Smith; Fiscal Year: 2009The primary objective of this project is to develop and produce pharmaceutically acceptable parenteral dosage forms of promising new agents with activity against cancer...
- Bioavailability and Pharmacodynamics of PromethazineLakshmi Putcha; Fiscal Year: 2004..Estimate the relative bioavailability of the three dosage forms of PMZ that are often administered for the control of motion sickness symptoms in space, and 3...
- Supercritical carbon dioxide for drying and sterilizing parenteral dosage formsCharles Decedue; Fiscal Year: 2009..process of filter-sterilization followed by lyophilization under aseptic conditions to achieve safe, stable dosage forms. To accomplish the objectives of this application two specific aims will be pursued: (1) determine the level of ..
- Novel on-dose authentication to enhance pharmaceutical supply chain securityTHOMAS MERCOLINO; Fiscal Year: 2012..Because of the ease with which particular pharmaceutical dosage forms can be repackaged, relabeled, or sold unpackaged, package level security is insufficient to assure ..
- Development of Dosage Forms &Delivery Systems for Antitumor AgentsVALENTINO STELLA; Fiscal Year: 2009..It may be necessary to conduct studies leading to non-traditional (alternate) dosage forms suitable for 'proof of concept'studies in animals and ultimately in human clinical trials...
- Development of Dosage Forms &Delivery Systems for Antitumor AgentsSAMUEL W YALKOWSKY; Fiscal Year: 2009..It may be necessary to conduct studies leading to non-traditional (alternate) dosage forms suitable for 'proof of concept'studies in animals and ultimately in human clinical trials...
- Development of Dosage Forms &Delivery Systems for Antitumor AgentsVALENTINO STELLA; Fiscal Year: 2011..It may be necessary to conduct studies leading to non-traditional (alternate) dosage forms suitable for 'proof of concept'studies in animals and ultimately in human clinical trials...
- Development of Dosage Forms & Delivery Systems for Antitumor AgentsSAMUEL W YALKOWSKY; Fiscal Year: 2010
- TAS::75 0849::TAS DEVELOPMENT AND MANUFACTURE OF ORAL AND TOOPICAL DOSAGE FORMSROBERT GIANNINI; Fiscal Year: 2010..DCTD) is involved in discovery and development of new therapeutic agents and the manufacture and supply of dosage forms to support human clinical trials under the NCI sponsorship or through investigator initiated INDs...
- TAS::75 0849::TAS DEVELOPMENT AND MANUFACTURE OF ORAL AND TOOPICAL DOSAGE FORMSROBERT GIANNINI; Fiscal Year: 2012..DCTD) is involved in discovery and development of new therapeutic agents and the manufacture and supply of dosage forms to support human clinical trials under the NCI sponsorship or through investigator initiated INDs...
- TAS::75 0849::TAS DEVELOPMENT AND MANUFACTURE OF ORAL AND TOOPICAL DOSAGE FORMSROBERT GIANNINI; Fiscal Year: 2013..DCTD) is involved in discovery and development of new therapeutic agents and the manufacture and supply of dosage forms to support human clinical trials under the NCI sponsorship or through investigator initiated INDs...
- TAS::75 0849::TAS DEVELOPMENT AND MANUFACTURE OF ORAL AND TOOPICAL DOSAGE FORMSROBERT GIANNINI; Fiscal Year: 2011
- Utility of Muscarinic Agonists for Alzheimer's diseaseEdward McGuire; Fiscal Year: 2005..be investigated by selection of the best salt, and measurement of chemical and physical properties of different dosage forms. Additional product testing will be outsourced and performed under Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) standards by ..
- Parenteral Formulations for Synthetic RetinoidsRalph Parchment; Fiscal Year: 2001..Poor solubility in physiologically compatible vehicles has limited patient access to oral dosage forms that show poor bioavailability. Consequently patients must take unreasonable numbers of capsules (upto 90/day)...
- DEVELOPMENT & MANUFACTURE OF ORAL DOSAGE FORMSROLLAND POUST; Fiscal Year: 2000The objective of this Contract is the development and manufacture of oral dosage forms of drugs which will be used for human clinical trials carried out under the auspices of the National Cancer Institute...
- Development &Manufacture of Oral and Topical Dosage FormsROLLAND POUST; Fiscal Year: 2009..One of the essential parts of this mission involves the manufacture and supply of dosage forms to support human clinical trials under NCI sponsorship or through investigator-initiated INDs...
- PRODUCTION ANALYSIS & DISTRIBUTION CANNABIS & MARIJUANAMahmoud Elsohly; Fiscal Year: 2000..It was recognized long ago that such studies require a source of cannabis material and its dosage forms such as marijuana cigarettes with consistent and predictable potency, free of contamination and in amounts to ..
- Rapid, Bedside, Liquification of Solid DrugsBRUCE MORTIMER; Fiscal Year: 2002..An innovative ultrasonic desktop device and process to rapidly and automatically liquefy solid drug dosage forms at the point of use will be a commercially viable product with medical and economic benefits...
- Parenteral Formulations for Synthetic RetinoidsEarle Holsapple; Fiscal Year: 2005..intravenously, most synthetic retinoids have neutral charge and are poorly soluble, and current oral dosage forms are unable to achieve pharmacologically active blood levels...
- DEVELOPMENT OF A NOVEL ORAL PROGESTERONE DRUGROBIN FOLDESY; Fiscal Year: 1992..progesterone in a novel proprietary polymer matrix drug delivery vehicle for clinical evaluation; 2) to test dosage forms of oral progesterone for ability to deliver steady therapeutic blood levels at once daily administration, with ..
- Mucoadhesive buprenorphine for opioid addiction therapySudip Das; Fiscal Year: 2003..for sublingual delivery for the treatment of opioid type drug addiction Major drawbacks of currently available dosage forms are related to poor compliance and suboptimal bioavailability of the drug...
- Slow Release Coatings for Inhaled DynorphinsGuenther Hochhaus; Fiscal Year: 2001..treatment drugs with poor bioavailability, such as dynorphins, and the development of controlled release dosage forms for addiction treatment...
- ANALYTICAL CHEM & STABILITY TESTING OF TREATMENT DRUGSKenneth Davis; Fiscal Year: 2000..quality control tests, dosage form preparation, and performing stability studies for the drug substances and dosage forms to be used in the medications development program...
- DEVELOPMENT AND PRODUCTION OF PARENTERAL DOSAGE FORMSTimothy Smith; Fiscal Year: 2000The primary objective of this project is to develop and produce Pharmaceutically acceptable parenteral dosage forms of promising new agents with activity against cancer or the HIV virus...