Genomes and Genes
Summary: An antidiabetic sulfonylurea derivative with actions similar to those of chlorpropamide.
Publications256 found, 100 shown here
- Glyburide inhibits the Cryopyrin/Nalp3 inflammasomeMohamed Lamkanfi
Department of Physiological Chemistry, Genentech, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
J Cell Biol 187:61-70. 2009..In this study, we show that the type 2 diabetes drug glyburide prevented activation of the Cryopyrin inflammasome...
- Glycemic durability of rosiglitazone, metformin, or glyburide monotherapySteven E Kahn
Veterans Affairs Puget Sound Health Care System and University of Washington, Seattle 98108, USA
N Engl J Med 355:2427-43. 2006..The efficacy of thiazolidinediones, as compared with other oral glucose-lowering medications, in maintaining long-term glycemic control in type 2 diabetes is not known...
- Switching from insulin to oral sulfonylureas in patients with diabetes due to Kir6.2 mutationsEwan R Pearson
Institute of Biomedical and Clinical Sciences, Peninsula Medical School, Exeter, United Kingdom
N Engl J Med 355:467-77. 2006..Diabetes results from impaired insulin secretion caused by a failure of the beta-cell K(ATP) channel to close in response to increased intracellular ATP. Sulfonylureas close the K(ATP) channel by an ATP-independent route...
- Glyburide is anti-inflammatory and associated with reduced mortality in melioidosisGavin C K W Koh
Department of Medicine, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, UK
Clin Infect Dis 52:717-25. 2011..b>Glyburide is an oral hypoglycemic agent used to treat diabetes mellitus...
- Newly expressed SUR1-regulated NC(Ca-ATP) channel mediates cerebral edema after ischemic strokeJ Marc Simard
Department of Neurosurgery, School of Medicine, University of Maryland at Baltimore, 22 South Greene Street, Suite 12SD, Baltimore, Maryland 21201 1595, USA
Nat Med 12:433-40. 2006..Our findings indicate that the NC(Ca-ATP) channel is crucially involved in development of cerebral edema, and that targeting SUR1 may provide a new therapeutic approach to stroke...
- Beneficial effects of GLP-1 on endothelial function in humans: dampening by glyburide but not by glimepirideAnanda Basu
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, 5 193 Joseph, Saint Mary s Hospital, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 293:E1289-95. 2007..Subjects were randomized to either placebo (n = 10), 10 mg of glyburide (n = 11), or 4 mg of glimepiride (n = 8) orally...
- Effects of rosiglitazone, glyburide, and metformin on β-cell function and insulin sensitivity in ADOPTSteven E Kahn
Department of Medicine, Division of Metabolism, Endocrinology and Nutrition, VA Puget Sound Health Care System and University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Diabetes 60:1552-60. 2011..monotherapy with rosiglitazone provided superior durability of glycemic control compared with metformin and glyburide in patients with recently diagnosed type 2 diabetes...
- Glibenclamide exerts an antitumor activity through reactive oxygen species-c-jun NH2-terminal kinase pathway in human gastric cancer cell line MGC-803Xia Qian
Department of Pharmacology, Nanjing Medical University, 140 Hanzhong Road, Nanjing, Jiangsu 210029, PR China
Biochem Pharmacol 76:1705-15. 2008..These findings provide insights into the use of glibenclamide in the treatment of human gastric cancer...
- Renal function in type 2 diabetes with rosiglitazone, metformin, and glyburide monotherapyJohn M Lachin
The Biostatistics Center, The George Washington University, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 6:1032-40. 2011..Trial), initial monotherapy with rosiglitazone provided more durable glycemic control than metformin or glyburide in patients with recently diagnosed type 2 diabetes...
- Effects of prolonged in vitro exposure to sulphonylureas on the function and survival of human isletsSilvia Del Guerra
Metabolic Unit, Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Cisanello Hospital Pisa, Pisa 56100, Italy
J Diabetes Complications 19:60-4. 2005..In conclusion, prolonged exposure of human islets to different sulphonylureas causes different disturbances of islet cell function, with glimepiride showing milder effects, as compared with chlorpropamide and glibenclamide...
- KATP channel subunits in rat dorsal root ganglia: alterations by painful axotomyVasiliki Zoga
Department of Anesthesiology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Mol Pain 6:6. 2010....
- Use of a claims-based active drug safety surveillance system to assess the risk of acute pancreatitis with exenatide or sitagliptin compared to metformin or glyburideDavid D Dore
i3 Drug Safety, 950 Winter Street, Waltham, MA 02451, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 25:1019-27. 2009..risk and relative risk (RR) of acute pancreatitis among patients using incretin-based diabetes therapies (exenatide or sitagliptin) compared to patients treated with agents with established safety profiles (metformin or glyburide).
- Evidence that hydrogen sulfide exerts antinociceptive effects in the gastrointestinal tract by activating KATP channelsEleonora Distrutti
University of Perugia, Clinica di Gastroenterologia, Policlinico Monteluce, Via Enrico Dal Pozzo, 06122 Perugia, Italy
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 316:325-35. 2006..This effect is mediated by K(ATP) channels and NO. H(2)S-releasing drugs might be beneficial in treating painful intestinal disorders...
- Improved motor development and good long-term glycaemic control with sulfonylurea treatment in a patient with the syndrome of intermediate developmental delay, early-onset generalised epilepsy and neonatal diabetes associated with the V59M mutation in theA S Slingerland
Institute of Biomedical and Clinical Sciences, Peninsula Medical School, Exeter, UK
Diabetologia 49:2559-63. 2006..The aim of this study was to investigate the long-term outcome and impact on neurological features of sulfonylurea treatment...
- Exendin 4 controls insulin production in rat islet beta cells predominantly by potentiation of glucose-stimulated proinsulin biosynthesis at the translational levelC Alarcon
Diabetes Center, Department of Medicine, Endocrine Division, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Diabetologia 49:2920-9. 2006..We compared the incretin mimetic exendin 4 and the sulfonylurea glibenclamide (known as glyburide in the USA and Canada) for their effects in upholding a balance between (pro)insulin biosynthesis and insulin ..
- Assessment of the pharmacokinetic interaction between the novel DPP-4 inhibitor linagliptin and a sulfonylurea, glyburide, in healthy subjectsUlrike Graefe-Mody
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH and Co KG, Ingelheim, Germany
Drug Metab Pharmacokinet 26:123-9. 2011..was to investigate the effect of the dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitor linagliptin on the pharmacokinetics of glyburide (a CYP2C9 and CYP3A4 substrate) and vice versa...
- Impaired renal function modifies the risk of severe hypoglycaemia among users of insulin but not glyburide: a population-based nested case-control studyMatthew A Weir
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
Nephrol Dial Transplant 26:1888-94. 2011Little evidence justifies the avoidance of glyburide in patients with impaired renal function. We aimed to determine if renal function modifies the risk of hypoglycaemia among patients using glyburide.
- Independent evaluation of the effects of glibenclamide on reducing progressive hemorrhagic necrosis after cervical spinal cord injuryPhillip G Popovich
Center for Brain and Spinal Cord Repair and Department of Neuroscience, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, OH, United States
Exp Neurol 233:615-22. 2012..Thus, independent replication of the Simard et al. data was achieved. These data illustrate that the injury model and type of trauma can determine the efficacy of pre-clinical pharmacological treatments after SCI...
- The sulfonylurea receptor 1 (Sur1)-transient receptor potential melastatin 4 (Trpm4) channelSeung Kyoon Woo
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
J Biol Chem 288:3655-67. 2013..Our findings depart from the long-held view of an exclusive association between Sur1 and K(ATP) channels and reveal an unexpected molecular partnership with far-ranging implications for CNS injury...
- Endothelial sulfonylurea receptor 1-regulated NC Ca-ATP channels mediate progressive hemorrhagic necrosis following spinal cord injuryJ Marc Simard
Department of Neurosurgery, School of Medicine, University of Maryland at Baltimore, Baltimore, Maryland 21201 1595, USA
J Clin Invest 117:2105-13. 2007..We conclude that SUR1-regulated NC(Ca-ATP) channels in capillary endothelium are critical to development of PHN and constitute a major target for therapy in SCI...
- Comparison of extended-release metformin in combination with a sulfonylurea (glyburide) to sulfonylurea monotherapy in adult patients with type 2 diabetes: a multicenter, double-blind, randomized, controlled, phase III studyAndrew Lewin
National Research Institute, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Clin Ther 29:844-55. 2007..Combination treatment with metformin and sulfonylurea in patients who failed monotherapy has been reported to be effective in maintaining glycemic control...
- Glyburide reduces bacterial dissemination in a mouse model of melioidosisGavin C K W Koh
Center for Experimental and Molecular Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands Warwick Medical School, University of Warwick, Coventry, United Kingdom Department of Infection and Tropical Medicine, Heartlands Hospital, Birmingham, United Kingdom Department of Medicine, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom Mahidol Oxford Tropical Medicine Research Unit, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 7:e2500. 2013..We showed in a previous cohort study that patients taking glyburide ( = glibenclamide) prior to admission have lower mortality and attenuated inflammatory responses compared to ..
- cAMP/protein kinase A activates cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator for ATP release from rat skeletal muscle during low pH or contractionsJie Tu
Department of Physiology, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong, Special Administrative Region, People s Republic of China
PLoS ONE 7:e50157. 2012....
- Glibenclamide inhibits cell growth by inducing G0/G1 arrest in the human breast cancer cell line MDA-MB-231Mariel Nuñez
Radioisotopes Laboratory, School of Pharmacy and Biochemistry, University of Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
BMC Pharmacol Toxicol 14:6. 2013..The aim of the present work was to investigate the effect of Gli on MDA-MB-231 breast cancer cell proliferation and to examine the possible pathways involved in this action...
- Functional coupling between sulfonylurea receptor type 1 and a nonselective cation channel in reactive astrocytes from adult rat brainMingkui Chen
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Maryland at Baltimore, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
J Neurosci 23:8568-77. 2003..Our data indicate that SUR1 is functionally coupled to the pore-forming portion of the NC(Ca-ATP) channel, providing the first demonstration of promiscuity of SUR1 outside of the K+ inward rectifier family of channels...
- The breast cancer resistance protein (Bcrp1/Abcg2) limits fetal distribution of glyburide in the pregnant mouse: an Obstetric-Fetal Pharmacology Research Unit Network and University of Washington Specialized Center of Research StudyLin Zhou
Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, Box 357610, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Mol Pharmacol 73:949-59. 2008..b>Glyburide (GLB) is an antidiabetic drug routinely used to treat gestational diabetes...
- Role of the NO/cGMP/K(ATP) pathway in the protective effects of sildenafil against ethanol-induced gastric damage in ratsJ V R Medeiros
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Federal University of Ceara, Fortaleza, Ceara, Brazil
Br J Pharmacol 153:721-7. 2008..Activation of ATP-sensitive potassium channels (K(ATP)) is involved in gastric defence. Our objective was to evaluate the role of the NO/cGMP/K(ATP) pathway in the protective effects of sildenafil against ethanol-induced gastric damage...
- Glyburide and glimepiride pharmacokinetics in subjects with different CYP2C9 genotypesMikko Niemi
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Helsinki and Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Clin Pharmacol Ther 72:326-32. 2002Our objective was to investigate the effects of genetic polymorphisms of cytochrome P450 (CYP) 2C9 on the pharmacokinetics of glyburide (INN, glibenclamide) and glimepiride, two widely used sulfonylurea antidiabetic drugs.
- Antihyperglycaemic effect of Cassia auriculata in experimental diabetes and its effects on key metabolic enzymes involved in carbohydrate metabolismMuniappan Latha
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, Annamalai University, Annamalai Nagar, Tamil Nadu, India
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 30:38-43. 2003..The effect of CFEt was more prominent than that of glibenclamide...
- Molecular structure of the glibenclamide binding site of the beta-cell K(ATP) channelM V Mikhailov
Nuffield Department of Clinical Laboratory Sciences, John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington, OX3 9DU, Oxford, UK
FEBS Lett 499:154-60. 2001..We suggest that in SUR1 in the native K(ATP) channel close proximity of CL3 and CL8 leads to formation of the glibenclamide binding site...
- Secondary consequences of beta cell inexcitability: identification and prevention in a murine model of K(ATP)-induced neonatal diabetes mellitusMaria Sara Remedi
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Cell Metab 9:140-51. 2009....
- Lipotoxicity in human pancreatic islets and the protective effect of metforminRoberto Lupi
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Metabolic Unit, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Diabetes 51:S134-7. 2002..Insulin secretion was then assessed in response to glucose (16.7 mmol/l), arginine (20 mmol/l), and glyburide (200 micromol/l) during static incubation or by perifusion...
- PRESERVE-beta: two-year efficacy and safety of initial combination therapy with nateglinide or glyburide plus metforminJohn Gerich
General Clinical Research Center, University of Rochester, New York, USA
Diabetes Care 28:2093-9. 2005To compare long-term efficacy and safety of initial combination therapy with nateglinide/metformin versus glyburide/metformin.
- Effects of the treatment with glibenclamide, an ATP-sensitive potassium channel blocker, on intestinal ischemia and reperfusion injuryKenia Pompermayer
Departamento de Bioquimica e Imunologia, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Brazil
Eur J Pharmacol 556:215-22. 2007..The lack of effect of these drugs on the reperfusion-associated hypotension and lethality may limit their usefulness after severe reperfusion injury...
- Hydrogen sulfide prevents ethanol-induced gastric damage in mice: role of ATP-sensitive potassium channels and capsaicin-sensitive primary afferent neuronsJand Venes R Medeiros
Department of Physiology, Federal University of Ceara, Fortaleza, Ceara, Brazil
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 330:764-70. 2009..Although there are many mechanisms through which this effect can occur, our data support the hypothesis that the activation of K(ATP) channels and afferent neurons/TRPV1 receptors is of primary importance...
- Glibenclamide induces apoptosis through inhibition of cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR) Cl(-) channels and intracellular Ca(2+) release in HepG2 human hepatoblastoma cellsJ A Kim
College of Pharmacy, Yeungnam University, Kyongsan, 712 749, Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 261:682-8. 1999..These results suggest that glibenclamide induced apoptosis through inhibition of CFTR Cl(-) channels and intracellular Ca(2+) release and that this protein may be a good target for treatment of human hepatomas...
- Impact of CYP2C9 amino acid polymorphisms on glyburide kinetics and on the insulin and glucose response in healthy volunteersJulia Kirchheiner
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology and the Department of Endocrinology, University Medical Center Charite, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Clin Pharmacol Ther 71:286-96. 2002b>Glyburide (INN, glibenclamide) is a second-generation sulfonylurea antidiabetic agent with high potency...
- Nicorandil enhances cardiac endothelial nitric oxide synthase expression via activation of adenosine triphosphate-sensitive K channel in ratS Horinaka
Department of Hypertension and Cardiorenal Medicine, Dokkyo University School of Medicine, Tochigi, Japan
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 38:200-10. 2001..Nicorandil appears to enhance cardiac eNOS expression via activation of a K(ATP) channel...
- Glyburide/metformin combination product is safe and efficacious in patients with type 2 diabetes failing sulphonylurea therapyL Blonde
Ochsner Clinic Foundation, New Orleans, LA 70121, USA
Diabetes Obes Metab 4:368-75. 2002To compare the efficacy, safety and tolerability of a fixed combination glyburide/metformin preparation with those of glyburide or metformin alone in patients with type 2 diabetes inadequately controlled by sulphonylurea, diet and ..
- Mitochondria are targets for geranylgeranylacetone-induced cardioprotection against ischemia-reperfusion in the rat heartTetsuji Shinohara
Department of Internal Medicine 1, Faculty of Medicine, Oita University, 1 1 Idaigaoka, Hasama, Oita 879 5593, Japan
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 293:H1892-9. 2007..These processes may involve opening of the mitoK(ATP) channel...
- Spinal cord injury with unilateral versus bilateral primary hemorrhage--effects of glibenclamideJ Marc Simard
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Exp Neurol 233:829-35. 2012..We conclude that glibenclamide is beneficial in different models of cervical SCI, with the magnitude of the benefit depending on the magnitude and extent of primary hemorrhage...
- Effect of streptozotocin-induced diabetes on rat brain sulfonylurea binding sitesB E Levin
Neurology Service 127C, VA Medical Center, East Orange, NJ 07018 1095, USA
Brain Res Bull 46:513-8. 1998..Here, the effect of diabetes on [3H] glyburide binding to SURs was assessed in male obesity-resistant Sprague-Dawley rats rendered diabetic with streptozotocin ..
- Impact of rosiglitazone and glyburide on nitrosative stress and myocardial blood flow regulation in type 2 diabetes mellitusRodica Pop-Busui
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Metabolism, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Metabolism 58:989-94. 2009..Our objective was to explore the effect of rosiglitazone and glyburide on nitrosative stress and MBF regulation in subjects with T2DM...
- Effect of glyburide-metformin combination tablet in patients with type 2 diabetesHsin Hsi Chien
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, Taichung Veterans General Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan, ROC
J Chin Med Assoc 70:473-80. 2007To evaluate the efficacy and safety of glyburide/metformin combined tablet compared to glyburide or metformin alone in patients with type 2 diabetes.
- Glyburide ameliorates motor coordination and glucose homeostasis in a child with diabetes associated with the KCNJ11/S225T, del226-232 mutationDomenica Battaglia
Child Neurology Unit, Department of Pediatrics, Sacro Cuore Catholic University, Rome, Italy
Pediatr Diabetes 13:656-60. 2012..The patient's clinical response to oral glyburide (Glyb) was assessed. Motor coordination was evaluated before and after 6 and 12 months of Glyb therapy...
- Mouse model of Prinzmetal angina by disruption of the inward rectifier Kir6.1Takashi Miki
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Chiba, Japan
Nat Med 8:466-72. 2002..The Kir6.1-containing K(+) channel is critical in the regulation of vascular tonus, especially in the coronary arteries, and its disruption may cause Prinzmetal angina...
- Translational potential of preclinical trials of neuroprotection through pharmacotherapy for spinal cord injuryCharles H Tator
Division of Neurosurgery and Spinal Program, Toronto Western Hospital and University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Neurosurg Spine 17:157-229. 2012..The 5 agents were riluzole, glyburide, magnesium sulfate, nimodipine, and minocycline, and these were selected because of their promise of ..
- Effects of selected OATP and/or ABC transporter inhibitors on the brain and whole-body distribution of glyburideNicolas Tournier
CEA, DSV, I2BM, Service Hospitalier Frederic Joliot, Orsay, 91401, France
AAPS J 15:1082-90. 2013b>Glyburide (glibenclamide, GLB) is a widely prescribed antidiabetic with potential beneficial effects in central nervous system injury and diseases...
- Pharmacophore modeling, homology modeling, and in silico screening reveal mammalian target of rapamycin inhibitory activities for sotalol, glyburide, metipranolol, sulfamethizole, glipizide, and pioglitazoneMohammad A Khanfar
Drug Discovery Unit, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Jordan, Amman 11942, Jordan
J Mol Graph Model 42:39-49. 2013..Subsequent in vitro screening of captured hits showed that six of them have submicromolar to low micromolar bioactivities, namely, glyburide, metipranolol, sulfamethizole, glipizide, pioglitazone, and sotalol.
- Differential effects of glucose and glyburide on energetics and Na+ levels of betaHC9 cells: nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy and respirometry studiesNicolai M Doliba
Diabetes Research Center and Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Diabetes 52:394-402. 2003..to compare the effect of high glucose (30 mmol/l) with the effect of the antidiabetic sulfonylurea (SU) compound glyburide (GLY) on energy metabolism, Na(+) flux, insulin, and cAMP release of continuously superfused beta-HC9 cells ..
- Glyburide as treatment option for gestational diabetes mellitusAnjali Tempe
Obstetrics and Gynaecology Department, Maulana Azad Medical College and Lok Nayak Hospital, New Delhi, India
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 39:1147-52. 2013The aim of this study was to assess the efficacy of glyburide in the treatment of gestational diabetes mellitus and to compare the maternal and fetal outcome between two groups treated either with insulin or glyburide.
- Decreased blood glucose excursion by nateglinide ameliorated neuropathic changes in Goto-Kakizaki rats, an animal model of non-obese type 2 diabetesYoshiro Kitahara
Pharmaceutical Research Laboratories, Ajinomoto, Kawasaki, Japan
Metabolism 51:1452-7. 2002..These results suggest that meticulous control of postprandial hyperglycemia is essential to inhibit the development of neuropathy in type 2 diabetes...
- TRPM4, a Ca2+-activated nonselective cation channel in mouse sino-atrial node cellsMarie Demion
Institut de Physiologie et Biologie Cellulaires, CNRS UMR 6187, Universite de Poitiers, F 86022 Poitiers cedex, France
Cardiovasc Res 73:531-8. 2007..Similarly, the NSC(Ca) may be expressed in specialized pacemaker cells, i.e. sino-atrial node (SAN) cells. The aim of the present study was to detect such current in mouse pacemaker cells...
- Increase in overall mortality risk in patients with type 2 diabetes receiving glipizide, glyburide or glimepiride monotherapy versus metformin: a retrospective analysisK M Pantalone
Endocrinology, Summa Western Reserve Hospital Physicians, Inc, Hudson, OH 44236, USA
Diabetes Obes Metab 14:803-9. 2012..The purpose of this study was to assess the overall mortality risk of the individual sulfonylureas versus metformin in a large cohort of patients with type 2 diabetes...
- Chronic exposure to tolbutamide and glibenclamide impairs insulin secretion but not transcription of K(ATP) channel componentsAndrew J Ball
School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Ulster, Coleraine BT52 1SA, Northern Ireland, UK
Pharmacol Res 50:41-6. 2004....
- Comparison of glyburide versus insulin in management of gestational diabetes mellitusDotun Ogunyemi
Endocr Pract 13:427-8. 2007
- Hypothalamic sensing of circulating fatty acids is required for glucose homeostasisTony K T Lam
Department of Medicine, Diabetes Research Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Belfer 701, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Nat Med 11:320-7. 2005..These findings indicate that a physiological elevation in circulating lipids can be sensed within the hypothalamus and that a defect in hypothalamic lipid sensing disrupts glucose homeostasis...
- Antinociceptive effect of leaf essential oil from Croton sonderianus in miceF A Santos
Department of Physiology, Federal University of Ceara, C P 3157, 60430 270 Fortaleza, CE, Brazil
Life Sci 77:2953-63. 2005..These results suggest that EOCS produces antinociception possibly involving glibenclamide-sensitive KATP+ channels, which merit further studies on its efficacy in more specific models of hyperalgesia and neuropathic pain...
- Identification of the major human hepatic and placental enzymes responsible for the biotransformation of glyburideOlga L Zharikova
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX, 77555 0587, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 78:1483-90. 2009..Recently, we reported on the biotransformation of glyburide by human hepatic and placental microsomes to six metabolites that are structurally identical between the two ..
- Acute antihypertensive action of Tempol in the spontaneously hypertensive ratXueguang Chen
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Georgetown University, 3800 Reservoir Road N W, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 293:H3246-53. 2007..The acute antihypertensive action of Tempol depends on the independent effects of potentiation of nitric oxide and inhibition of the peripheral SNS that involves the activation of K(ATP) channels...
- Breast cancer resistance protein: mediating the trans-placental transfer of glyburide across the human placentaC Gedeon
University of Toronto, Department of Pharmacology, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Placenta 29:39-43. 2008..Recent studies documented that the oral hypoglycemic glyburide does not cross the human placenta to an appreciable extent...
- Insulin and glyburide therapy: dosage, severity level of gestational diabetes, and pregnancy outcomeOded Langer
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital Center, University Hospital of Columbia University, New York, NY 10019, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 192:134-9. 2005We sought to investigate the association between glyburide dose, degree of severity in gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM), level of glycemic control, and pregnancy outcome in insulin- and glyburide-treated patients.
- Differential inhibition of functional dilation of small arterioles by indomethacin and glibenclamideL W Hammer
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, USA
Hypertension 37:599-603. 2001..Conversely, a role for cyclooxygenase products is limited to larger "feed arterioles" paired with venules. This study provides further evidence that venules may be the source of prostaglandin release during functional hyperemia...
- Dual modulation of the tension of isolated gastric artery and gastric mucosal circulation by hydrogen sulfide in ratsS Kubo
Division of Physiology and Pathophysiology, School of Pharmacy, Kinki University, 3 4 1 Kowakae, Higashi Osaka, 577 8502, Japan
Inflammopharmacology 15:288-92. 2007..Together with the in vivo results, our study implies that H2S plays multiple complex roles in regulation of gastric circulation...
- Investigation of preparation parameters of nanosuspension by top-down media milling to improve the dissolution of poorly water-soluble glyburideSachin Kumar Singh
Department of Pharmacy, Karpagam University, Coimbatore, India
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 78:441-6. 2011..97% in 10 min), relative to that of raw glyburide (18.17% in 10 min), mainly due to the formation of nanosized particles...
- Simultaneous glyburide/metformin therapy is superior to component monotherapy as an initial pharmacological treatment for type 2 diabetesA J Garber
Baylor College of Medicine and The Methodist Hospital, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Diabetes Obes Metab 4:201-8. 2002To evaluate whether simultaneous initial treatment of both insulin resistance and impaired beta-cell insulin secretion with glyburide/metformin tablets is superior to monotherapy with each component agent.
- Breast cancer resistance protein (BCRP)-mediated glyburide transport: effect of the C421A/Q141K BCRP single-nucleotide polymorphismErika K Pollex
Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Toronto, 144 College Street, Toronto, ON M5S3M2, Canada
Drug Metab Dispos 38:740-4. 2010The antidiabetic agent glyburide (glibenclamide) is frequently used for the treatment of type II diabetes and is increasingly being used for the treatment of gestational diabetes...
- The contentious nature of gestational diabetes: diet, insulin, glyburide and metforminCharles J Glueck
Cholesterol Center, ABC Building, Jewish Hospital of Cincinnati, 3200 Burnet Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 3:1557-68. 2002..Also contentious are the outcomes of intervention with diet, insulin, glyburide (Glynase trade mark, Pharmacia Upjohn) and metformin (Glucophage trade mark, Bristol-Myers Squibb)...
- Differential effect of glyburide (glibenclamide) and metformin on QT dispersion: a potential adenosine triphosphate sensitive K+ channel effectSyed A Najeed
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Am J Cardiol 90:1103-6. 2002b>Glyburide (glibenclamide) is a specific blocker of the adenosine triphosphate (ATP) sensitive potassium (K+) channel. It has been reported to result in prolongation of the QT interval...
- Investigation of the pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic interactions between memantine and glyburide/metformin in healthy young subjects: a single-center, multiple-dose, open-label studyNiranjan Rao
Forest Research Institute, Forest Laboratories, Inc, Jersey City, New Jersey, USA
Clin Ther 27:1596-606. 2005..Given the renal tubular transport and extensive urinary excretion of memantine and metformin, it was of interest to assess the pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic interaction with glyburide/metformin.
- Use of glyburide for the treatment of gestational diabetes: the San Antonio experienceD L Conway
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas 78229, USA
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 15:51-5. 2004Equivalent efficacy of glyburide and insulin for treatment of gestational diabetes (GDM) was demonstrated in a recent randomized trial...
- Glycemic control and hypoglycemia in Veterans Health Administration patients converted from glyburide to glipizideRachel A Skoff
Iowa City VA Health Care System, 601 Hwy 6 West, Iowa City, IA 52246, USA
J Manag Care Pharm 17:664-71. 2011..Administration (VHA) released a national bulletin regarding the risk of hypoglycemia associated with the use of glyburide in elderly patients with renal dysfunction...
- Human oocytes express ATP-sensitive K(+) channelsQingyou Du
Division of Medical Sciences MACHS, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, University of Dundee, Dundee, UK
Hum Reprod 25:2774-82. 2010..x (Kir6.1 or Kir6.2) and regulatory, SURx (SUR2A, SUR2B or SUR1), subunits that associate in different combinations. The objective of this study was to determine whether mammalian oocytes (human, bovine, porcine) express K(ATP) channels...
- Clinical evaluation of glimepiride versus glyburide in NIDDM in a double-blind comparative study. Glimepiride/Glyburide Research GroupD G Dills
Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Madison, USA
Horm Metab Res 28:426-9. 1996..parallel-group titration study of the new sulfonylurea agent, glimepiride, versus use of non-micronized glyburide to treat 577 patients with non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus (NIDDM)...
- Glycemic control with glyburide/metformin tablets in combination with rosiglitazone in patients with type 2 diabetes: a randomized, double-blind trialGeorge E Dailey
Diabetes and Endocrinology, Scripps Clinic, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Am J Med 116:223-9. 2004To assess the efficacy and safety of adding rosiglitazone to an established regimen of glyburide/metformin in patients with type 2 diabetes who had not achieved adequate glycemic control (glycosylated hemoglobin [HbA1C] levels >7...
- Glycemic control with Humalog Mix25 in type 2 diabetes inadequately controlled with glyburide- Roach
Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Clin Ther 23:1732-44. 2001..Humalog Mix25 (Mix25) is a premixed insulin mixture of 25% insulin lispro and 75% neutral protamine lispro...
- Effect of endotoxin on the expression of placental drug transporters and glyburide disposition in pregnant ratsVanja Petrovic
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Drug Metab Dispos 36:1944-50. 2008..A biodistribution study was carried out with glyburide, a hypoglycemic sulfonylurea substrate of both ABC efflux and Oatp uptake transporters...
- The effects of sulfonylurea glyburide on superoxide dismutase, catalase, and glutathione peroxidase activities in the brain tissue of streptozotocin-induced diabetic ratNamik K Nazaroglu
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Medical Biochemistry, Gazi University, Besevler, Ankara, Turkey
J Diabetes Complications 23:209-13. 2009A member of the second-generation sulfonylureas, glyburide (GLY; glibenclamide) provides an effective therapy for patients with type 2 diabetes...
- Biorelevant dissolution media as a predictive tool for glyburide a class II drugHai Wei
Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Eur J Pharm Sci 29:45-52. 2006The purpose of this study was to predict the oral absorption of glyburide. Biorelevant dissolution methods, combined with permeability measurements and computational simulations, were used to predict the oral absorption of glyburide...
- Perinatal impact of the use of metformin and glyburide for the treatment of gestational diabetes mellitusJean Carl Silva
Department of Obstetrics, Universidade da Região de Joinville UNIVILLE, Joinville, Brazil
J Perinat Med 40:225-8. 2012To evaluate the perinatal impact of metformin and glyburide in the treatment of gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM).
- Glyburide and fetal safety; transplacental pharmacokinetic considerationsG Koren
The Motherisk Program, Division of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, The Research Institute, The Hospital for Sick Children and the University of Toronto, 555 University Avenue, M5G 1X8, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reprod Toxicol 15:227-9. 2001..A recent human study has shown glyburide to minimally cross the placenta, allowing a safe new treatment for gestational diabetes...
- CFTR inhibition by glibenclamide requires a positive charge in cytoplasmic loop threePatricia Melin
Institut de Physiologie et Biologie Cellulaires, Universite de Poitiers, CNRS UMR 6187, 86022 Poitiers Cedex, France
Biochim Biophys Acta 1768:2438-46. 2007..This work is the first to report on the role of a residue in a cytoplasmic loop in the mechanism of action of the channel blocker glibenclamide...
- Stimulation of rat erythrocyte P2X7 receptor induces the release of epoxyeicosatrienoic acidsH Jiang
Department of Pharmacology, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY, USA
Br J Pharmacol 151:1033-40. 2007..This study addresses the formation and release of erythrocyte-derived EETs in response to ATP receptor stimulation that may represent an important mechanism regarding circulatory regulation...
- Extensive lichenoid drug eruption due to glyburide: a case report and review of the literatureGary N Fox
Mercy Health Partners Family Practice Residency Program, Toledo, Ohio, USA
Cutis 76:41-5. 2005..To our knowledge, this is the first case of a generalized lichenoid dermatitis likely induced by the third-generation sulfonylurea hypoglycemic drug glyburide.
- Fast-dissolving tablets of glyburide based on ternary solid dispersions with PEG 6000 and surfactantsMarzia Cirri
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Florence, Firenze, Italy
Drug Deliv 14:247-55. 2007Marketed glyburide tablets present unsatisfying dissolution profiles that give rise to variable bioavailability...
- Identification of glyburide metabolites formed by hepatic and placental microsomes of humans and baboonsSelvan Ravindran
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Texas Medical Branch, 301 University Blvd, Galveston, TX 77555 0587, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 72:1730-7. 2006b>Glyburide (glibenclamide) is a second-generation sulfonylurea used for treatment of type-2 and gestational diabetes mellitus...
- Medical and developmental impact of transition from subcutaneous insulin to oral glyburide in a 15-yr-old boy with neonatal diabetes mellitus and intermediate DEND syndrome: extending the age of KCNJ11 mutation testing in neonatal DMAli Mohamadi
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Pediatr Diabetes 11:203-7. 2010..We describe the response to glyburide in a 15-yr-old boy with severe global developmental delays resulting from the KCNJ11 mutation V59M...
- Inhibitors of ATP-binding cassette transporters suppress interleukin-12 p40 production and major histocompatibility complex II up-regulation in macrophagesGyorgy Hasko
Department of Surgery, University of Medicine and Dentistry New Jersey Medical School, Newark, New Jersey 07103, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 301:103-10. 2002..Glibenclamide also suppressed IFN-gamma-induced up-regulation of major histocompatibility complex II. Taken together, our results indicate that ABC proteins regulate LPS and/or IFN-gamma-induced macrophage activation...
- ATP-sensitive K+ channel blocker glibenclamide and diaphragm fatigue during normoxia and hypoxiaE van Lunteren
Department of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 85:601-8. 1998..These findings indicate that, although ATP-sensitive K+ channels may be activated during repetitive contraction, their activation has only a modest effect on the rate of fatigue development...
- Anti-infectives and the risk of severe hypoglycemia in users of glipizide or glyburideH Schelleman
Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 88:214-22. 2010..whether orally administered anti-infectives increase the risk of severe hypoglycemia in users of glipizide or glyburide. We performed two case-control studies and two case-crossover studies using US Medicaid data...
- Synergistic effect on insulin secretion from INS-1 cells of a sulfonylurea and a phosphodiesterase 3 inhibitorJanice C Parker
Department of Cardiovascular and Metabolic Diseases, Pfizer Global Research and Development, Groton Laboratories, Groton CT 06340, USA
Life Sci 75:1479-90. 2004The effects on insulin secretion from INS-1 cells of varying concentrations of the sulfonylurea glyburide and the PDE3 inhibitor milrinone, separately and in combination were measured...
- The ATP-sensitive potassium-channel inhibitor glibenclamide improves outcome in an ovine model of hemorrhagic shockDirk M Maybauer
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Texas Medical Branch, and Shriners Burns Hospital for Children, Galveston, Texas 77555 0833, USA
Shock 22:387-91. 2004..7.17 +/- 0.6; 6 h, urine output 36 +/- 9 vs. 7.5 +/- 2 mL; P value less than 0.05 each). Because glibenclamide improved both hemodynamics and organ function, it may be a beneficial component in the acute treatment of hemorrhagic shock...
- Denervation enhances the physiological effects of the K(ATP) channel during fatigue in EDL and soleus muscleW Matar
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1H 8M5
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 281:R56-65. 2001..We therefore suggest that the physiological effects of the K(ATP) channel are enhanced after denervation...
- Are we optimizing gestational diabetes treatment with glyburide? The pharmacologic basis for better clinical practiceM F Hebert
Department of Pharmacy, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 85:607-14. 2009b>Glyburide's pharmacokinetics (PK) and pharmacodynamics have not been studied in women with gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM)...
- Beneficial effects of a glyburide/metformin combination preparation in type 2 diabetes mellitusSyed U Bokhari
Carl T Hayden VA Medical Center, Phoenix, Arizona 85012, USA
Am J Med Sci 325:66-9. 2003..Effective treatment often requires therapy directed at both abnormalities. Patients on monotherapy might benefit from a combination agent such as glyburide/metformin, which increases insulin secretion and reduces insulin resistance.
- Effect of diabetes on pinacidil-induced antinociception in miceKo Zushida
Department of Pathophysiology and Therapeutics, School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hoshi University, 4 41, Ebara 2 Chome, Tokyo 142 8501, Shinagawa, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 453:209-15. 2002....
- Effects of dietary treatment alone or diet with voglibose or glyburide on abdominal adipose tissue and metabolic abnormalities in patients with newly diagnosed type 2 diabetesKazuhisa Takami
Department of Internal Medicine, Kizawa Memorial Hospital, Gifu, Japan
Diabetes Care 25:658-62. 2002OBJECTIVE; To examine the effects of diet and diet with voglibose or glyburide on abdominal adiposity and metabolic abnormalities in patients with type 2 diabetes.
- Pharmacological evidence for the activation of K(+) channels by diclofenacMario I Ortiz
Seccion Externa de Farmacologia, Centro de Investigacion y de Estudios Avanzados del Instituto Politecnico Nacional, Mexico, D F, Mexico
Eur J Pharmacol 438:85-91. 2002..The results suggest that the peripheral antinociceptive effect of diclofenac may result from the activation of several types of K(+) channels, which may cause hyperpolarization of peripheral terminals of primary afferents...
- Activity of potassium channel-blockers in breast cancerMansoor Abdul
Edward Via Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, Virginia, USA
Anticancer Res 23:3347-51. 2003..Potassium ion (K+) channels are known to play a key role in breast cancer proliferation...
- Intraocular pressure regulation via ATP-sensitive potassium channelsMichael F Romero; Fiscal Year: 2013..This activation of KATP channels by the pharmacologic openers can be blocked by KATP channel closers, glyburide, and tolbutamide...
- Effectiveness of Immediate vs. Delayed Use of Metformin in New-Onset T2 DiabetesJOE VANDIVER SELBY; Fiscal Year: 2010..Study indicate that durability of monotherapy effectiveness is longer with metformin than with the sulfonylurea glyburide. Metformin also appears to have a modest relative benefit on LDL- cholesterol levels and usually does not cause ..
- Safety and Effectiveness Evaluations for DiabetesDONALD READ MILLER; Fiscal Year: 2013..infarction, stroke, congestive heart failure) and mortality associated with use of metformin, sulfonylureas (glyburide, glipizide, glimepiride, older agents), and thiazolidinediones (rosigltizone, pioglitzone), by class and by ..
- Linking partial and non-agonist induced dynamics to PPAR gamma functionsTRAVIS SHANE HUGHES; Fiscal Year: 2013..prevent diabetes progression for a longer time) and more effective than other drugs such as metformin and glyburide making PPA interacting drugs a valuable treatment for diabetes...
- MOLECULAR BASIS OF A NEW FORM OF HYPERINSULINISMCHARLES ALFRED STANLEY; Fiscal Year: 2010..Aim 2 will define the abnormalities in insulin responses to nutrient and glyburide stimulation in the presence and absence of short, medium, and long-chain fatty acids using perifused isolated ..
- Incretin Regulation of Insulin Secretion in Human Neonatal DiabetesSiri Atma W Greeley; Fiscal Year: 2013..exhibit clinically excellent glucose control with minimal hypoglycemia when treated with sulfonylureas (usually glyburide)...
- Inflammasome Inhibitors for Type 2 DiabetesBradley J Backes; Fiscal Year: 2012..Recently, glyburide has been shown to inhibit the NLRP3 inflammasome, and its insulin secretagogue activity is not responsible for ..
- University of Washington Obstetric-fetal Pharmacology Research UnitKenneth E Thummel; Fiscal Year: 2013..the gestational age dependent changes in the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of oral anti-diabetic agents (glyburide and metformin) in the treatment of gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM) and has been developed based upon the ..
- ENDOCRINE AND NUTRITIONAL FACTORS IN OBESITYLARYSSA KAUFMAN; Fiscal Year: 1990..sensitivity in the genetically obese (ob/ob) mouse by chronic administration of a sulfonylurea (glipizide or glyburide) in order to test the following hypotheses: 1) Treatment of ob/ob mice with sulfonylurea will be associated with ..
- SULFONYLUREA RECEPTOR CHARACTERIZATION & GENE CLONINGDaniel Nelson; Fiscal Year: 1993..To achieve the first goal, we will make use of a new, potent sulfonylurea, iodo'glyburide', which can be conveniently synthesized in an unlabeled, or 125I-labeled form...
- GAP JUNCTIONS BETWEEN PANCREATIC BETA CELLSELIA PEREZ ARMENDARIZ; Fiscal Year: 1991..A knowledge of intercellular communication between islet cells is likely to be essential for understanding of islet function in normal as well as pathological conditions...
- Cardiac Surgical Ischemia: Biophysical AspectsIrvin Krukenkamp; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF NICOTINE IN CEREBRAL BLOOD VESSELSJ Simard; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- CEREBROVASCULAR ION CHANNELS IN HYPERTENSIONJ Marc Simard; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Reactive astrocytes from gliotic capsuleJ Marc Simard; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MOLECULAR BASIS OF ANTIDIABETOGENIC HORMONE ACTIONGEORGE HOLZ; Fiscal Year: 2000..channels open not only in response to GLP-1, but also in response to oral hypoglycemic sulfonylureas such as glyburide that are prescribed for treatment of NIDDM...
- STRUCTURE/FUNCTION OF THE MITOCHONDRIAL K-ATP CHANNELKeith Garlid; Fiscal Year: 2001..flux, measured with a K+ -specific fluorescent probe, will be assayed for inhibition by ATP, palmitoyl CoA, and glyburide, and reversal of inhibition by GTP and K+ channel openers...
- ISLET FUNCTION IN TYPE 2 DIABETESSteven Kahn; Fiscal Year: 2003..The applicant has successfully trained a number of young investigators in the areas of patient-oriented and basic research and a plan to continue doing so is presented. ..
- Ethanol on Overnight Glucose Regulation in DiabetesMark Burge; Fiscal Year: 2008..These important studies will provide a scientific basis for the prevention of overnight hypoglycemia (and the attendant cost savings) by providing mechanistic insights into the causes of nocturnal hypoglycemia. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Clinical and Translational Science Center at the University of New MexicoMark Burge; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ESTROGEN EFFECT ON COLLATERAL GROWTH AND FUNCTIONKathryn Lamping; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- ENERGETICS IN HYPERTROPHIED AND REMODELED LEFT VENTRICLEJianyi Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2009..The results of these experiments may lead to better preventive and therapeutic modalities for heart failure. ..
- MECHANISMS OF MYOCARDIAL ISCHEMIC INJURY IN DIABETESJudy R Kersten; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Cardioprotective Repair through CardiopoiesisAndre Terzic; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- ABCs of Intestinal Sterol TransportF Field; Fiscal Year: 2009..The results of this proposal will provide new and novel information on the roles of the ABC transporters, NPC1L1, and lipid rafts in intestinal sterol metabolism ..
- Optimizing Secondary Prevention in Type 2 DiabetesJonathan Brown; Fiscal Year: 2008..This will ensure that all assertions can be replicated (or disconfirmed) with ease by other workers. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- AASK Cohort StudyGeorge Bakris; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such results might eventually lead to new strategies that delay or prevent ESRD. ..
- NIAMS-RESEARCH TRAINING IN DERMATOLOGYRobert Swerlick; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Adenosine in trauma and sepsisGyorgy Hasko; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Role of ANG II in Maintaining Vascular Relaxation in Dahl S RatsJulian H Lombard; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Radiation injury to the heartJohn E Baker; Fiscal Year: 2010..1 ..
- MODERATE ALCOHOL USE--CARDIOVASCULAR RISKS AND BENEFITSThomas Giles; Fiscal Year: 2001..The exacerbation or prevention of EIH will be related to drug effects on the cell-signaling pathway. This research can define the cell-signaling pathway in EIH and provide new and novel approaches to treating EIH. ..
- ACUTE RENAL FAILURE--IMPACT OF FLUORINATED ANESTHETICSRICHARD ZAGER; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- VASCULAR RESPONSES DURING CORTICAL SPREADING DEPRESSIONDavid Busija; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- L-ARGININE METABOLISM AND CORONARY VASCULAR FUNCTIONLih Kuo; Fiscal Year: 2001..In addition, elucidation of anti-atherogenic effect of L- arginine may provide a foundation for future therapeutic manipulation of vascular function during hypercholesterolemia and/or atherosclerosis. ..
- 20-HETE IN NO-MEDIATED REGULATION OF RENAL FUNCTIONAdebayo Oyekan; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Laser Scanning Confocal Microscope Research/EducationMichael Nathanson; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Dual Oxidase in Lung EpitheliumHORST B FISCHER; Fiscal Year: 2011..This research investigates a novel area of lung anti-microbial defense and will provide new information that may lead to therapeutic application. ..
- REGULATION OF CORONARY MICROVASCULAR TONELih Kuo; Fiscal Year: 2002..This information is essential toward a more complete understanding of regulation of coronary blood flow during coronary heart disease. ..
- Iron Therapy in Renal Disease: Potential ToxicitiesRICHARD ZAGER; Fiscal Year: 2008..Potential reasons for these differences will be assessed, with the ultimate goal of defining the safest way of administering parenteral irons to renal disease patients. ..
- Vibrio Cholerae as a bioterror agent: New means of treating a potential pandemicAnjaparavanda Naren; Fiscal Year: 2008..cholerae or due to natural causes. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Engineering a CFTR Deficient Porcine Model of CFSCOTT O GRADY; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Brown University BIRCWH Career Development ProgramDONALD COUSTAN; Fiscal Year: 2006..This interdisciplinary and cross-institutional program will provide a new cadre of academic investigators who will further the scientific database and improved the health status of women. ..
- Adrenomedullin and Human Trophoblast InvasionYuan Lin Dong; Fiscal Year: 2006..Knowledge gained from these studies may assist in designing appropriate therapeutic strategies to prevent preeclampsia in the human. ..
- PATHOGENESIS OF TYPE 2 DIABETES IN LATINO WOMENThomas Buchanan; Fiscal Year: 2006..The information will be important for the design of strategies to identify high-risk individuals and reduce their risk of type 2 diabetes. ..
- Confocal Equipment for Biomedical and Nanomedicine ResearchTzyh Chang Hwang; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Role of Erythrocytes in Circulatory ControlRandy Sprague; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanism and Assessment of Hypoxia-Induced Islet DeathIAN SWEET; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Cerebrovascular Dysfunction in Insulin ResistanceDavid Busija; Fiscal Year: 2004..We believe that our studies will result in new and important findings that will lead to improved therapies to reduce morbidity and mortality in IR individuals. ..
- Cardiac KATP Channels in Health and DiseaseAndre Terzic; Fiscal Year: 2007..Thus, this proposal will provide an integrated understanding of cardiac KATP channels in metabolic signal decoding, stress adaptation, and their impact for clinical medicine. ..
- GENETICS AND INTERMITTENT MYOCARDIAL HYPOXIAJohn Baker; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Identifying pubertal regulators of Kiss1 expressionYee Ming Chan; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Volume Regulatory Pathways in Cystic Fibrosis MiceWon Kyoo Cho; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- 8th World Congress for MicrocirculationJULIAN LOMBARD; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mechanisms of ATP Release from RBC'sRandy Sprague; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- BILIARY SECRETORY PATHWAYS IN CYSTIC FIBROSISWon Kyoo Cho; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Improving Outcomes in Underserved Women with GDMCarol Homko; Fiscal Year: 2007..We expect that Telemonitoring will improve maternal glucose control and lead to reductions in birth weight. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Heat stress and neural control of limb vasculatureDavid Keller; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Planning Grant for Institutional Clinical and Translational Science AwardThomas Buchanan; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Stem cell patch therapy in hearts with LV infarctionJianyi Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2004..By providing insight into the effects of the cellular patch transplantation, the results may lead to better preventive, diagnostic and therapeutic modalities for LV injury. ..