Genomes and Genes
Summary: Compounds with three contiguous nitrogen atoms in linear format, H2N-N=NH, and hydrocarbyl derivatives.
Publications162 found, 100 shown here
- NOC-9, a selective nitric oxide donor, induces flight reactions in the dorsolateral periaqueductal gray of rats by activating soluble guanylate cyclaseAndréa Arantes Braga
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Av Bandeirantes 3900, Ribeirao Preto, SP 14049900, Brazil
Neurosci Lett 459:79-83. 2009..Moreover, they also indicate that these defensive responses depend on activation of local sGC. The data strengthen the proposal that NO can modulate defensive reactions in the dlPAG...
- Nitric oxide induces caspase-dependent apoptosis and necrosis in neonatal rat cardiomyocytesTakamichi Uchiyama
The Department of Pediatrics, Kansai Medical University, 10 15 Fumizono cho, Moriguchi City, 570 8507 Japan
J Mol Cell Cardiol 34:1049-61. 2002..NO-induced CMC necrosis is likely mediated by PARP activation which occurs as a consequence of caspase activation...
- Donor-acceptor triazenes: synthesis, characterization, and study of their electronic and thermal propertiesDimitri M Khramov
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78712, USA
J Org Chem 72:9407-17. 2007A new class of 1,3-disubstituted-triazenes were synthesized by coupling functionalized benzimidazol-2-ylidenes, as their free N-heterocyclic carbenes or generated in situ from their respective benzimidazolium precursors, to various aryl ..
- Synthesis of a prodrug designed to release multiple inhibitors of the epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase and an alkylating agent: a novel tumor targeting conceptRanjita Banerjee
Department of Medicine, McGill University Health Center Royal Victoria Hospital, Montreal, H3A 1A1 Quebec, Canada
J Med Chem 46:5546-51. 2003..The results suggest that this approach may well represent a novel drug combination strategy involving single molecules masking multiple bioactive agents...
- Synthesis of triazenoazaindoles: a new class of triazenes with antitumor activityPatrizia Diana
Dipartimento di Scienze e Tecnologie Molecolari e Biomolecolari, Sezione di Chimica Farmaceutica e Biologica, Universita degli Studi di Palermo, Via Archirafi 32, 90123 Palermo, Italy
ChemMedChem 6:1291-9. 2011..2 μM) in all cell lines. These two compounds even maintained their cytotoxicity in some multidrug-resistant cell lines. Flow cytometry analysis demonstrated their ability to induce cell death by apoptosis with involvement of lysosomes...
- Inhibition of epidermal growth factor receptor-mediated signaling by "Combi-triazene" BJ2000, a new probe for Combi-Targeting postulatesFouad Brahimi
Cancer Drug Research Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Division of Medical Oncology, McGill University Health Center Royal Victoria Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 303:238-46. 2002....
- The combi-targeting concept: chemical dissection of the dual targeting properties of a series of "combi-triazenes"Zakaria Rachid
Cancer Drug Research Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Division of Medical Oncology, McGill University Health Center Royal Victoria Hospital, Montreal, H3A1A1, Quebec, Canada
J Med Chem 46:4313-21. 2003..Here, we report a structure-function approach whereby a series of quinazoline-based "combi-triazenes" were altered to either abrogate the affinity of the EGFR-targeting quinazoline head or to suppress the DNA-..
- Effects of nitric oxide donors on vascular endothelial growth factor gene inductionHideo Kimura
Division of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 296:976-82. 2002..SNAP, GSNO, and NOC18 induced the accumulation of HIF-1alpha protein, while others did not. These results suggest that SNAP, GSNO, and NOC compounds are suitable for pharmacological studies in HIF-1-mediated VEGF gene activation by NO...
- Differential effect of nitric oxide on glutathione metabolism and mitochondrial function in astrocytes and neurones: implications for neuroprotection/neurodegeneration?M E Gegg
Department of Molecular Pathogenesis, Division of Neurochemistry, Institute of Neurology, London, UK
J Neurochem 86:228-37. 2003..It is possible that the increased rate of GSH release and activity of gamma-GT in astrocytes may have important implications for neuroprotection in vivo by optimizing the supply of GSH precursors to neurones in close proximity...
- NO regulation of Na,K-ATPase: nitric oxide regulation of the Na,K-ATPase in physiological and pathological statesDorette Z Ellis
Neuroscience Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown 02129, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 986:534-5. 2003
- Bimodal effect of nitric oxide in the enzymatic activity of indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase in human monocytic cellsAna S López
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Clinica Universitaria de Navarra, Av Pio XII 36, 31008 Pamplona, Spain
Immunol Lett 106:163-71. 2006..Considering the role of IDO in suppression, these results suggest a function in tolerance of the NOS enzymes depending on the NO production...
- The effects of nitric oxide and peroxynitrite on the formation of prostaglandin and arachidonoyl-CoA formed from arachidonic acid in rabbit kidney medulla microsomesSatoru Sakuma
Department of Hygienic Chemistry, Osaka University of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 4 20 1 Nasahara, Takatsuki, 569 1094, Osaka, Japan
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 68:343-9. 2003....
- Redox control of G(1)/S cell cycle regulators during nitric oxide-mediated cell cycle arrestQi Lu
Center for Cardiovascular Sciences, Albany Medical College, Albany, NY 12208, USA
J Cell Physiol 212:827-39. 2007..Together, our results demonstrate that GSH serves as an important component of cellular protective mechanisms against NO-derived nitrosative stress to regulate DNA damage checkpoint...
- Endothelial nitric oxide synthase plays an obligatory role in the late phase of ischemic preconditioning by activating the protein kinase C epsilon p44/42 mitogen-activated protein kinase pSer-signal transducers and activators of transcription1/3 pathwayYu Ting Xuan
Institute of Molecular Cardiology, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
Circulation 116:535-44. 2007..The role of endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) in ischemic preconditioning (PC) and cardioprotection is poorly understood. We addressed this issue using a genetic, rather than pharmacological, approach...
- High-salt diet depresses acetylcholine reactivity proximal to NOS activation in cerebral arteriesFrancis A Sylvester
Department of Physiology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 283:H353-63. 2002....
- Role of nitric oxide in myocardial preconditioningBuddhadeb Dawn
Experimental Research Laboratory, Division of Cardiology, University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky 40292, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 962:18-41. 2002..The purpose of this review is to summarize the current evidence in support of this critical role played by NO in ischemic PC...
- Isolation and characterization of ovine luteal pericytes and effects of nitric oxide on pericyte expression of angiogenic factorsJoan D Beckman
Department of Animal and Range Sciences, North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND 58105 5727, USA
Endocrine 29:467-76. 2006..These data provide further evidence of the role of the luteal pericyte and NO in angiogenic factor expression, and of the potential interactions of pericytes with endothelial cells via NO production...
- [The role of nitric oxide in the transcription of histone gene]E A Manuĭlova
Mol Biol (Mosk) 41:634-9. 2007..From these data we conclude that NO negatively regulates histone H2B transcription. We believe the affect of nitric acid on the transcription of histone gene plays important role for NO-induced cytostatic effects...
- Calpain mediates a von Hippel-Lindau protein-independent destruction of hypoxia-inducible factor-1alphaJie Zhou
Institute of Biochemistry I, Faculty of Medicine, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Frankfurt, 60590 Frankfurt, Germany
Mol Biol Cell 17:1549-58. 2006..We conclude that calcium contributes to HIF-1alpha destruction involving the calpain system...
- Nitric oxide attenuates IGF-I-induced aortic smooth muscle cell motility by decreasing Rac1 activity: essential role of PTP-PEST and p130casAlice Corina Ceacareanu
Department of Physiology, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, 894 Union Ave, Memphis, 38163, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 290:C1263-70. 2006..Decreased Rac1 activity lowers intracellular H(2)O(2) levels, thus attenuating cell motility...
- Nitric oxide from inflammatory-activated glia synergizes with hypoxia to induce neuronal deathPalwinder Mander
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1QW, United Kingdom
J Neurosci Res 79:208-15. 2005..Brain inflammation can thus sensitize to hypoxia-induced death, which may be important in pathologies such as stroke, neurodegeneration, and brain aging...
- Nitric oxide reverses desferrioxamine- and hypoxia-evoked HIF-1alpha accumulation--implications for prolyl hydroxylase activity and ironMelvin Callapina
Faculty of Medicine, Institute of Biochemistry I, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Theodor Stern Kai 7, 60590 Frankfurt, Germany
Exp Cell Res 306:274-84. 2005..Variables that allow efficient PHD activation such as oxygen availability, iron content, or cofactor accessibility at that end allow NO to modulate HIF-1alpha accumulation...
- Non-lesional vitiliginous melanocytes are not characterized by an increased proneness to nitric oxide-induced apoptosisKrassimira Ivanova
Institute of Aerospace Medicine, German Aerospace Center, Cologne, Germany
Exp Dermatol 14:445-53. 2005..The present results also indicate that there are no apparent differences between NO-induced detachment of non-lesional vitiliginous and normal melanocytes from ECM...
- Inhibiting long chain fatty Acyl CoA synthetase increases basal and agonist-stimulated NO synthesis in endotheliumMargaret T Weis
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Texas Tech University Health Science Center, 1300 Coulter, Amarillo, TX 79106, USA
Cardiovasc Res 63:338-46. 2004..We hypothesized that long chain fatty acyl CoA synthetase (LCFACoAS) modulates endothelial nitric oxide synthase repalmitoylation by limiting palmitoyl CoA availability...
- Identification of manganese superoxide dismutase as a NO-regulated gene in rat glomerular mesangial cells by 2D gel electrophoresisThorsten Keller
Pharmazentrum Frankfurt, Klinikum der Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitat, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Nitric Oxide 9:183-93. 2003....
- Nitric oxide synthesis inhibition increases proliferation of neural precursors isolated from the postnatal mouse subventricular zoneEsperanza R Matarredona
Area de Fisiologia, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Cadiz, Cadiz, Spain
Brain Res 995:274-84. 2004..The results suggest that endogenous NO may contribute to postnatal neurogenesis by modulating the proliferation and fate of SVZ progenitor cells...
- Redistribution of intracellular oxygen in hypoxia by nitric oxide: effect on HIF1alphaThilo Hagen
Wolfson Institute for Biomedical Research, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Science 302:1975-8. 2003..Thus, the signaling consequences of hypoxia may be profoundly modified by nitric oxide...
- Cytokines and nitric oxide inhibit the enzyme activity of catalase but not its protein or mRNA expression in insulin-producing cellsL A Sigfrid
Pharmacy and Biomolecular Sciences, Cockcroft Building, Room 708, University of Brighton, Lewes Road, Brighton BN2 4GJ, UK
J Mol Endocrinol 31:509-18. 2003..We have shown that inhibition of catalase activity by cytokines is nitric oxide dependent and propose that this inhibition may confer increased susceptibility to cytokine- or nitric oxide-induced cell killing...
- NO restores HIF-1alpha hydroxylation during hypoxia: role of reactive oxygen speciesMelvin Callapina
Institute of Biochemistry I, Faculty of Medicine, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, 60590 Frankfurt, Germany
Free Radic Biol Med 39:925-36. 2005..We propose that an increase in ROS formation contributes to HIF-1alpha destabilization by NO donors under hypoxia via modulation of PHD activity...
- Hypoxia potentiates nitric oxide-mediated apoptosis in endothelial cells via peroxynitrite-induced activation of mitochondria-dependent and -independent pathwaysGeoffrey A Walford
Whitaker Cardiovascular Institute and Evans Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Biol Chem 279:4425-32. 2004..These findings confirm that high flux of NO* under hypoxic conditions promotes cell death via mitochondrial damage and mitochondrial-independent mechanisms by peroxynitrite...
- In vitro reactive nitrating species toxicity in dissociated spinal motor neurons from NFL (-/-) and hNFL (+/+) transgenic miceMichael Strong
Cell Biology Research Group, Robarts Research Institute, London, Ontario, Canada
Amyotroph Lateral Scler Other Motor Neuron Disord 4:81-9. 2003..These observations suggest that NFL deficient motor neurons are at an enhanced risk of cell death mediated by RNS...
- mGluRI targets microglial activation and selectively prevents neuronal cell engulfment through Akt and caspase dependent pathwaysZhao Zhong Chong
Division of Cellular and Molecular Cerebral Ischemia, Wayne State University School of Medicine, 4201 St Antoine, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Curr Neurovasc Res 2:197-211. 2005..Our work defines a significant role of mGluRIs for the modulation of cellular survival and inflammation in the nervous system during oxidative stress...
- Nitric oxide stimulates PC12 cell proliferation via cGMP and inhibits at higher concentrations mainly via energy depletionAnna Bal-Price
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, Tennis Court Road, Cambridge, UK
Nitric Oxide 14:238-46. 2006..Our results indicate that NO at low concentrations increases cell proliferation via cGMP, while high concentrations of NO block proliferation via inhibition of both glycolysis and respiration, causing energy depletion...
- Role of nitric oxide in capillary perfusion and oxygen delivery regulation during systemic hypoxiaSilvia Bertuglia
Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerca Institute of Clinical Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 288:H525-31. 2005....
- Role of nitric oxide in the regulation of HIF-1alpha expression during hypoxiaFaton H Agani
Department of Anatomy, School of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106 4938, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 283:C178-86. 2002..Regulation of HIF-1alpha by NO is an additional important mechanism by which NO might modulate cellular responses to hypoxia in mammalian cells...
- Hypoxia sensitizes cells to nitric oxide-induced apoptosisVivian Y Lee
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Biol Chem 277:16067-74. 2002....
- Effects of nitric oxide and peroxynitrite on endotoxin-induced leukocyte adhesion to endotheliumK Lelamali
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado, Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
J Cell Physiol 188:337-42. 2001..These data demonstrating inhibition of leukocyte adhesion to endotoxin-treated endothelium suggest that peroxynitrite or NO may exert a beneficial effect during sepsis...
- PI3K-dependent lysosome exocytosis in nitric oxide-preconditioned hepatocytesRita Carini
Laboratory of Pathology, Dipartimento di Scienze Mediche, Universita del Piemonte Orientale A Avogadro, Via Solaroli 17, 28100 Novara, Italy
Free Radic Biol Med 40:1738-48. 2006..These data indicate that NO increases hepatocyte resistance to hypoxic injury by activating a pathway involving Ras, sGC, and cGK that determines PI3K-dependent exocytosis of lysosomes...
- The effects of propofol on NMDA- or nitric oxide-mediated neurotoxicity in vitroS Shibuta
Department of Anesthesiology, Osaka University Medical School, Suita-city, Japan
Neuroreport 12:295-8. 2001..2 +/- 4.2% and 14.0 +/- 3.9%, respectively. These results suggest that neuroprotective effect of propofol is limited and propofol does not offer advantages over thiopental against NMDA/NO-induced cytotoxicity...
- Nitric oxide-mediated expression of Bcl-2 and Bcl-xl and protection from tumor necrosis factor-alpha-mediated apoptosis in porcine endothelial cells after exposure to low concentrations of xenoreactive natural antibodyA Delikouras
Department of Immunology, Imperial College School of Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Transplantation 71:599-605. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: These data strongly support the hypothesis that Bcl-2 and Bcl-xl expression and protection from apoptosis in EC may result from antibody-mediated NO production through the neoexpression of inducible NO synthase...
- Nitric oxide induces metallothionein (MT) gene expression apparently by displacing zinc bound to MTK Katakai
Laboratory of Comparative Carcinogenesis, NCI at NIEHS, Research, Mail Drop F0-09, 111 Alexander Drive, 27709, Research Triangle Park, NC, USA
Toxicol Lett 119:103-8. 2001....
- Nitric oxide as an anterograde neurotransmitter in the trigeminal motor poolVeronica Abudara
Departamento de Fisiologia, Facultad de Medicina, Montevideo Uruguay 11800
J Neurophysiol 88:497-506. 2002..The histological and electrophysiological evidence, taken together, indicates the existence of a nitrergic system able to modulate trigeminal motoneurons under yet unknown physiological conditions...
- Involvement of cyclic guanosine 3',5'-monophosphate in nitric oxide-induced glucagon secretion from pancreatic alpha cellsT Mori
First Division, Department of Medicine, Shimane Medical University, Izumo, Japan
Metabolism 50:703-7. 2001..These findings also provide further evidence that l-arginine might play a stimulating role in regulating glucagon secretion, at least partly, through generation of NO in the islets...
- Nitric oxide contracts longitudinal smooth muscle of opossum oesophagus via excitation-contraction couplingY Zhang
Gastrointestinal Disease Research Unit and Departments of Medicine and Physiology, Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada K7L 5G2
J Physiol 536:133-40. 2001..This contraction depends on extracellular Ca(2+) entry through activation of L-type Ca(2+) channels...
- Evidence for involvement of c-Src in the anti-apoptotic action of nitric oxide in serum-deprived RINm5F cellsJ R Tejedo
Laboratory of Biochemistry of the Immune System, Department of Medical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Sevilla, Avenida Sanchez Pizjuan, 41009, Seville, Spain
Cell Signal 13:809-17. 2001..We thus propose that activation of c-Src is an early step in the chain of events that signal cGMP-dependent anti-apoptotic actions of NO in mitocohondria...
- Cytokine-induced enhancement of calcium-dependent glutamate release from astrocytes mediated by nitric oxideTomoaki Ida
Department of Biological Science, Graduate School of Science, Osaka Prefecture University, 1 1 Gakuen cho, Naka ku, Sakai, Osaka, Japan
Neurosci Lett 432:232-6. 2008..Thus, cytokines enhance glutamate release, and this enhancement is mediated by NO...
- Dual effect of nitric oxide on ATP-sensitive K+ channels in rat pancreatic beta cellsTakaaki Sunouchi
Department of Pharmacology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Shizuoka, 52 1 Yada, Suruga ku, Shizuoka City, Shizuoka, Japan
Pflugers Arch 456:573-9. 2008....
- Standardization of nitric oxide aqueous solutions by modified Saltzman methodT Ohkawa
School of Pharmacy, Tokyo University of Pharmacy and Life Science, 1432-1 Horinouchi, Hachioji, Tokyo, 192-0392, Japan
Nitric Oxide 5:515-24. 2001..Simultaneous quantification of nitrogen oxide species by the modified Saltzman method was found to be useful for practical standardization of NO aqueous solutions...
- Nitric oxide does not downregulate Rho-kinase (ROCK-2) expression in rat coronary endothelial cellsR Nalan Tiftik
Department of Pharmacology, Medical Faculty, Mersin University, Campus Yenisehir, Mersin, Turkey
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 51:140-7. 2008....
- Nitric oxide modulates branching morphogenesis in fetal rat lung explantsStephen L Young
Duke University and Durham Veterans Affairs Medical Centers, Durham, North Carolina 27705, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 282:L379-85. 2002..We conclude that endogenous and exogenous NO can modulate branching morphogenesis in the rat lung...
- Influence of inhibition of the metabolic activation on the mutagenicity of some nitrosamines, triazenes, hydrazines and seniciphylline in Drosophila melanogasterJ A Zijlstra
Department of Radiation Genetics and Chemical Mutagenesis, University of Leiden, Sylvius Laboratories, The Netherlands
Mutat Res 202:251-67. 1988..As model-mutagens were used: the nitrosamines dimethylnitrosamine (DMN) and diethylnitrosamine (DEN), the triazenes 1-(2,4,6-trichlorophenyl)-3,3-dimethyltriazene (Cl3PDMT), 1-(3-pyridyl)-3,3-dimethyltriazene (PyDMT) and ..
- Influence of therapy on the antioxidant status in patients with melanomaV Gadjeva
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Medical Faculty, Trakia University, Stara Zagora, Bulgaria
J Clin Pharm Ther 33:179-85. 2008..It is known that triazenes exhibit in vivo activity by alkylation of nucleic acids and proteins, but there is no data about ROS formation ..
- Mutagenic damage to mammalian cells by therapeutic alkylating agentsB J Sanderson
School of Medicine, Flinders University of South Australia, Adelaide, Australia
Mutat Res 355:41-57. 1996..agents used as therapeutics include nitrogen mustards, ethyleneimines, alkyl sulfonates, nitrosoureas and triazenes. Their reactivity with DNA, RNA and proteins can cause cell death...
- Waste-free chemistry of diazonium salts and benign separation of coupling products in solid salt reactionsGerd Kaupp
Universitat Oldenburg, FB Chemie, Organische Chemie I, Postfach 2503, 26111 Oldenburg, Germany
Chemistry 8:1395-406. 2002..Solid diazonium salts couple quantitatively with solid diphenylamine and anilines to give the triazenes. Azo couplings are achieved with quantitative yields by cautious co-grinding of solid diazonium salts with beta-..
- Aryl radical formation during the metabolism of arylhydrazines by microsomesP M Gannett
School of Pharmacy, West Virginia University, Morgantown 26506 9530, USA
Chem Res Toxicol 10:1372-7. 1997..may be related to the genotoxicity of arylhydrazines and related compounds that are oxidatively metabolized to arenediazonium ions, the precursor to aryl radicals, including arylalkyl nitrosamines, arylazo compounds, and triazenes.
- Triazene compounds in the treatment of acute myeloid leukemia: a short review and a case reportL Bonmassar
Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, Istituto Dermopatico dell Immacolata IRCCS, Rome, Italy
Curr Med Chem 20:2389-401. 2013..High MGMT levels attenuate the pharmacodynamic effects of triazenes. In the last few years, triazenes, alone or with MGMT inhibitors, have been tested in AML...
- Friedel-Crafts Arylation for the Formation of C sp 2C sp 2 Bonds: A Route to Unsymmetrical and Functionalized Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons from Aryl TriazenesJun Zhou
Department of Chemistry, Zhejiang University, 38 Zheda Road, Hangzhou 310027 P R China
Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 51:12293-7. 2012..rings: A Friedel-Crafts intramolecular arylation for the synthesis of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons from aryl triazenes has been achieved...
- Unsaturated fatty acids phosphorylate and destabilize ABCA1 through a phospholipase D2 pathwayYutong Wang
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Biol Chem 280:35896-903. 2005..These data provide evidence that intracellular unsaturated acyl-CoA derivatives destabilize ABCA1 by activating a PLD2 signaling pathway...
- 3-Acetyl-bis(2-chloro-4-nitrophenyl)triazene is a potent antitumor agent that induces oxidative stress and independently activates the stress-activated protein kinase/c-Jun NH2-terminal kinase pathwayAnamaria Brozovic
aDivision of Molecular Biology, Ruđer Bošković Institute, Zagreb bDepartment of Anesthesiology, Intensive Care and Pain Management, General Hospital Karlovac, Karlovac, Croatia cDepartment of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Faculty of Chemistry and Chemical Technology, University of Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Anticancer Drugs 25:289-95. 2014..Our data indicate that cytotoxic activity of the novel compound 8b is based on its ability to induce ER stress and SAPK/JNK signaling pathways independently, driving cells to cell death. ..
- NO responsiveness in pulmonary artery and airway smooth muscle: the role of cGMP regulationYoung L Kwak
Department of Anesthesiology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 290:L200-8. 2006..An intrinsic smooth muscle mechanism accounting for greater NO responsiveness in PASM vs. TSM is greater sGC activity...
- Comparative relaxant effects of YC-1 and DETA/NO on spontaneous contractions and the levels of cGMP of isolated pregnant rat myometriumNihal Demirkoprulu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Cumhuriyet University School of Medicine, 58140, Sivas, Turkey
Eur J Pharmacol 517:240-5. 2005....
- p53-defective tumors with a functional apoptosome-mediated pathway: a new therapeutic targetTetsuo Mashima
Cancer Chemotherapy Center, Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, Tokyo, Japan
J Natl Cancer Inst 97:765-77. 2005..How to specifically induce apoptosis in cancer cells remains unclear...
- Film/contact loading method improves the encapsulated amount of triazene anticancer compounds in polymeric micellesAugusto G O de Freitas
Universidade Federal de Santa Maria, Departamento de Quimica, 97105 970 Santa Maria RS, Brazil
Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl 33:2221-8. 2013....
- A traceless aryl-triazene linker for DNA-directed chemistryChristian Hejesen
Center for DNA Nanotechnology, Department of Chemistry and iNANO, Aarhus University, Langelandsgade 140, Aarhus C, DK 8000, Denmark
Org Biomol Chem 11:2493-7. 2013..The linker is generally stable at pH > 7 and could be stored for several months in a freezer without significant degradation...
- Determination and pharmacokinetic study of 1-p-(3.3-dimethyl-1-triazeno) benzoic acid in cancer patients by capillary gas chromatographyA Q Li
Central Laboratory of Guangdong, Provincial Hospital of Traditional Chinese Medicine, 111 Dade Road, Guangzhou, People's Republic of China
Biomed Chromatogr 15:75-8. 2001..v.) of 160, 420 or 760 mg/m(2) was administered. They all conformed to the two-compartment open model and showed linear pharmacokinetics. The excretion of this drug in the urine was minimal...
- The rationale engineering of BCR/ABL blockers: an answer to STI571 acquired resistance in leukemia treatmentIreneusz J Majsterek
Leuk Res 29:605-6. 2005
- Development of a simple PCR-based assay for the identification of triazine resistance in the noxious plant common ragweed (Ambrosia artemisiifolia) and its applicability in higher plantsKinga Klára Mátyás
Biotechnology Group, Department of Plant Science and Biotechnology, Georgikon Faculty, University of Pannonia, Festetics u 7, Keszthely 8360, Hungary
Biotechnol Lett 33:2509-15. 2011..In 24 out of 74 taxa (32%), the assay could be used without any change, while in the others some of the primers should be redesigned before use...
- Inhibition of excitatory synaptic transmission in the trigeminal motor nucleus by the nitric oxide-cyclic GMP signaling pathwayInes Pose
Laboratorio de Neurofisiología Celular, Departamento de Fisiologia, Facultad de Medicina, Gral Flores 2125, Montevideo 11800, Uruguay
Brain Res 1393:1-16. 2011..We propose that NO has complex actions on motor pools; specific studies are needed to elucidate their physiological significance in the behaving animal...
- Rapid and simple solid-phase esterification of sialic acid residues for quantitative glycomics by mass spectrometryYoshiaki Miura
Graduate School of Advanced Life Science, Frontier Research Center for Post Genome Science and Technology, Hokkaido University, N21, W11, Sapporo 001 0021, Japan
Chemistry 13:4797-804. 2007....
- cGMP-independent anti-apoptotic effect of nitric oxide on thapsigargin-induced apoptosis in the pancreatic beta-cell line INS-1Akiko Noguchi
Department of Pharmacology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Shizuoka, 52 1 Yada, Suruga ku, Shizuoka City, Shizuoka 422 8526, Japan
Life Sci 83:865-70. 2008..In contrast, excessive NO produced by inducible NO synthase is known to mediate beta-cell apoptosis. The aim of the present study was to investigate the effect of low concentrations of NO on beta-cell apoptosis...
- G2, G3, and complete basis set calculations of the thermodynamic properties of cis- and trans-triazeneRyan M Richard
Department of Chemistry, Cleveland State University, 2121 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44115, USA
J Mol Model 14:21-7. 2008..Our results indicate that the cis form of triazene has a specific enthalpy of combustion of -15.2 kJ g(-1) and the trans form has a specific enthalpy of combustion of -14.7 kJ g(-1)...
- Nitric oxide impairs mitochondrial movement in cortical neurons during hypoxiaSantina A Zanelli
Department of Pediatrics, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
J Neurochem 97:724-36. 2006..As the effect of hypoxia on mitochondrial movement and morphology can be partially prevented by a nitric oxide synthase (NOS) inhibitor, these data suggest that an NO-mediated pathway is at least partially involved...
- Calibration of nitric oxide flux generation from diazeniumdiolate *NO donorsQian Li
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294 2172, USA
Nitric Oxide 21:69-75. 2009..These procedures can be used to reproducibly and routinely calibrate *NO fluxes for a variety of donors under any specific condition...
- Antiviral and cytotoxic activities of aminoarylazo compounds and aryltriazene derivativesMichele Tonelli
Dipartimento di Scienze Farmaceutiche, Universita di Genova, Genova, Italy
Bioorg Med Chem 17:4425-40. 2009....
- Selective synthesis of indazoles and indoles via triazene-alkyne cyclization switched by different metalsYan Fang
Key Laboratory of Chemical Genomics, School of Chemical Biology and Biotechnology, Peking University, Shenzhen Graduate School, Shenzhen, China
Org Biomol Chem 12:1061-71. 2014..This method represents the first synthesis of indoles from alkynyl triazenes. Computational analysis was performed for both reaction pathways, supporting a Lewis acid role for Cu and a π-..
- Role of sestrin2 in peroxide signaling in macrophagesSilke Essler
Goethe University Frankfurt, Faculty of Medicine, Biochemistry I, Theodor Stern Kai 7, 60590 Frankfurt, Germany
FEBS Lett 583:3531-5. 2009..We conclude that Sestrin2 plays a role in peroxide defense as a reductase for peroxiredoxins...
- Cofilin phosphorylation is involved in nitric oxide/cGMP-mediated nociceptionLars Zulauf
Pharmazentrum frankfurt ZAFES, Klinikum der Goethe Universität, Frankfurt, Theodor Stern Kai 7, 60590 Frankfurt, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 390:1408-13. 2009..Our results suggest that cofilin represents a downstream target of NO/cGMP/PKG signal transduction in neurons thus indicating that it is involved in NO-mediated nociception...
- Gold nanoparticles modified electrode via a mercapto-diazoaminobenzene monolayer and its development in DNA electrochemical biosensorFeng Li
College of Chemistry, Chemical Engineering and Materials Science, Engineering Research Center of Pesticide and Medicine Intermediate Clean Production, Ministry of Education, Key Laboratory of Molecular and Nano Probes, Shandong Normal University, Jinan 250014, People s Republic of China
Biosens Bioelectron 25:2084-8. 2010..01 x 10(-10) to 1.32 x 10(-8) M with a detection limit of 9.10 x 10(-11) M. The fabricated biosensor also possessed good selectivity and could be regenerated easily...
- A review of evidence from short-term studies leading to the prediction that diazoaminobenzene (1,3-diphenyltriazine) is a carcinogenNancy R Bordelon
National Toxicology Program, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, P O Box 12233, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
J Appl Toxicol 25:514-21. 2005..The purpose of this article is to review the data developed for predicting the carcinogenicity of DAAB...
- Exogenous nitric oxide regulates activity and synthesis of vascular endothelial nitric oxide synthaseA Schmidt
Leibniz Institute of Arteriosclerosis Research at University of Muenster, Germany
Eur J Clin Invest 38:476-85. 2008....
- The geometry of N-hydroxymethyl compounds. Part 2: Crystal structures of 1-(4-carbethoxyphenyl)-3-hydroxymethyl-3-methyltriazene, N-hydroxymethylpentamethylmelamine and N-hydroxymethylbenzamideR J Simmonds
Pharmaceutical Sciences Institute, Aston University, Birmingham, UK
Anticancer Drug Des 3:91-101. 1988..It is suggested that the correct degree of lability is important for biological activity, short strong bonds being too unreactive and excessively long ones being too unstable...
- Inhibition of O6-alkylguanine DNA-alkyltransferase or poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase increases susceptibility of leukemic cells to apoptosis induced by temozolomideL Tentori
Department of Experimental Medicine and Biochemical Sciences, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Italy
Mol Pharmacol 52:249-58. 1997..1.1.63) account for tumor cell resistance to methylating agents. Previous studies suggested that methylating triazenes might have a potential role for the treatment of acute leukemias with low levels of OGAT...
- Perilipin A increases triacylglycerol storage by decreasing the rate of triacylglycerol hydrolysisD L Brasaemle
Department of Biochemistry, MCP Hahnemann University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19129, USA
J Biol Chem 275:38486-93. 2000..These studies suggest that perilipin A plays a major role in the regulation of triacylglycerol storage and lipolysis in adipocytes...
- Influence of some DNA-alkylating drugs on thermal stability, acid and osmotic resistance of the membrane of whole human erythrocytes and their ghostsI T Ivanov
Department of Physics and Biophysics, Medical Institute of Thracian University, Stara Zagora, Bulgaria
Pharmazie 55:672-7. 2000..ghosts were alkylated under identical conditions using three groups of alkylating antitumor agents: mustards, triazenes and chloroethyl nitrosoureas...
- Absorption, metabolism, and disposition of 1,3-diphenyl-1-triazene in rats and mice after oral, i.v., and dermal administrationJ M Mathews
Center for Bioorganic Chemistry, Research Triangle Institute, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 27:1499-504. 1999..Metabolites of these two carcinogens were also formed in human liver slices, indicating a carcinogenic potential for DPT in humans...
- Effects of a nitric oxide donor on and correlation of changes in cyclic nucleotide levels with experimental vasospasmYasuo Aihara
Department of Surgery, Pritzker School of Medicine and University of Chicago Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Neurosurgery 52:661-7; discussion 666-7. 2003....
- In vitro combined effects of a triazene compound and interferon-beta on natural immunity against lymphoblastoid cells: studies at effector and target cell levelL Bonmassar
, Rome, Italy
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 16:695-715. 1994..However triazenes depress antigen-dependent responses and NI, whereas interferons, including interferon-beta (IFN), antagonize ..
- Complementation of Saccharomyces cerevisiae strains containing fatty acid activation gene (FAA) deletions with a mammalian acyl-CoA synthetaseL J Knoll
Department of Molecular Biology and Pharmacology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Biol Chem 270:10861-7. 1995..cerevisiae...
- Regulation of the CDP-choline pathway by sterol regulatory element binding proteins involves transcriptional and post-transcriptional mechanismsNeale D Ridgway
Department of Pediatrics, Atlantic Research Center, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada B3H 3H7
Biochem J 372:811-9. 2003..These data show that transcriptional activation of CCTalpha is modest relative to that of other SREBP-regulated genes, and that stimulation of PtdCho synthesis by SREBPs in CHO cells is due primarily to increased fatty acid synthesis...
- Vitamin D3 inhibits fatty acid synthase expression by stimulating the expression of long-chain fatty-acid-CoA ligase 3 in prostate cancer cellsShengjun Qiao
Department of Anatomy, Medical School, University of Tampere, 33014 Tampere, Finland
FEBS Lett 577:451-4. 2004....
- Traceless and multifunctional linkers for the generation of small molecules on solid supportsCarmen Gil
Kekule Institut fur Organische Chemie und Biochemie der Rheinischen, Friedrich Wilhelms Universitat Bonn, Gerhard Domagk Strasse 1, D 53121 Bonn, Germany
Curr Opin Chem Biol 8:230-7. 2004..However, multi-functional cleavage allows the introduction of new functionalities during cleavage from the resin...
- Changes of immunological patterns of human cancer cells treated in vitro with a triazene compoundP Ballerini
Institute of Experimental Medicine, CNR, Rome, Italy
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 11:101-18. 1989....
- Characterization of the influence of nitric oxide donors on intestinal absorption of macromoleculesKoichi Takahashi
Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Mukogawa Women s University, 11 68, Koshien, Kyuban cho, Nishinomiya, Hyogo 663 8179, Japan
Int J Pharm 286:89-97. 2004..Pyrogallol, an O2(-) generator, potentiated the NOC7-induced enhancing effect. These results support a role for peroxynitrate, and possibly OH*, in the NO donor-induced intestinal enhancing effect...
- Nitric oxide confers therapeutic activity to dendritic cells in a mouse model of melanomaCristiana Perrotta
Department of Pharmaco Biology, University of Calabria, Rende
Cancer Res 64:3767-71. 2004..All of the effects of DETA-NO were mediated through cGMP generation. NO and NO-generating drugs may therefore be used to increase the anticancer efficacy of DCs...
- Synthesis, physicochemical characterization and preliminary pharmacological in vitro evaluation of two novel cytotoxic benzophenone-linked 3,3-dimethyltriazenesI Manolov
Department of Organic Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Medical University Sofia, Bulgaria
Pharmazie 61:511-6. 2006..The cytotoxicity of the novel benzophenone-linked triazenes and of ten other 1-phenyl-3,3-dimethyl triazene derivatives as well as of the referent alkylating drug melphalan ..
- NONOates regulate KCl cotransporter-1 and -3 mRNA expression in vascular smooth muscle cellsMauricio Di Fulvio
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, School of Medicine, Wright State University, 3640 Colonel Glenn Highway, Dayton, Ohio 45435 0002, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 284:H1686-92. 2003..This study shows that in primary cultures of rat VSMCs, the fast NO releasers NOC-9 and NOC-5, but not the slow NO releaser NOC-18, acutely upregulate KCC3 mRNA expression in a NO/sGC-dependent manner...
- Nitric oxide reverses prednisolone-induced inactivation of muscle satellite cellsJenna L Betters
Center for Exercise Science, Department of Applied Physiology and Kinesiology, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32611, USA
Muscle Nerve 37:203-9. 2008..05). Therefore, supplementation of GC myofibers with DETA-NO restores satellite cell activity to control levels. Nitric oxide production could be an important therapeutic target for the prevention of corticosteroid myopathy...
- [NO-dependent modifications of nucleic acids]N V Beda
Bioorg Khim 33:195-228. 2007..context of possible competing transformations of its intermediates (nitrosamines, diazonium cations, diazotates, triazenes, and diazoanhydrides) and mechanisms of crosslink formation with proteins and nucleic acids...
- Ortho-trifluoromethylation of functionalized aromatic triazenesAndreas Hafner
Institute of Organic Chemistry, KIT Campus South, Fritz Haber Weg 6, 76131 Karlsruhe, Germany
Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 51:3713-5. 2012
- Single crystal structure, spectroscopic (FT-IR, FT-Raman, 1H NMR, 13C NMR) studies, physico-chemical properties and theoretical calculations of 1-(4-chlorophenyl)-3-(4-nitrophenyl)triazeneE Fereyduni
Department of Chemistry, Tabriz Branch, Islamic Azad University, Tabriz, Iran
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 90:193-201. 2012..The theoretical results showed an excellent agreement with the experimental values. The physico-chemical properties (such as logP, hydrophobicity, …) were also calculated using three commercially available programs...
- Push-pull triazenes derived from 1-(benzylideneamino)- and 1-(sulfonimido)-azolylidenesDavit Jishkariani
Center for Heterocyclic Compounds, Department of Chemistry, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32611 7200, USA
J Org Chem 78:3349-54. 2013..and novel anionic 1-(sulfonimido)-azolylidenes react with organic azides to afford diverse classes of push-pull triazenes and triazene salts...
- Nitric Oxide Tolerance in Smooth MuscleWilliam Perkins; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will use a combination of pharmacological probes and novel antisense oligomers to determine the mechanism by which chronic NO treatment decreases the expression and activity of sGC subunits and cGK isoforms. ..
- VIBRIO CHOLERAE 01 EPS--STRUCTURE, REGULATION & FUNCTIONGary Schoolnik; Fiscal Year: 2002..cholerae found in biofilm layers in Bangladesh. Determine if there is a direct correlation between the rugose morphotype and EPS production. ..
- MTB--MYCOLIC ACID BIOSYNTHETIC AND REGULATORY GENESGary Schoolnik; Fiscal Year: 2003..If successful, these studies should provide new information about mechanisms of drug-action and drug-resistance and suggest novel drug targets within the mycolic acid metabolic pathway. ..
- ENTEROPATHOGENIC ESCHERICHIA COLI BUNDLE FORMING PILIGary Schoolnik; Fiscal Year: 2001..Because BFP is a proven virulence determinant, these studies might also lead to new strategies for the prevention of EPEC infections in children. ..
- Vibrio Cholerae Colonization of Chitin SurfacesGary Schoolnik; Fiscal Year: 2007..If successful, this project should generate new information about the persistence and control of infectious agents in aquatic reservoirs. ..
- TRANSMISSION OF PAUCIBACILLARY AND DRUG RESISTANT TBGary Schoolnik; Fiscal Year: 2004..tuberculosis and begin to exploit this information for improved genotyping and diagnostic systems. ..
- Microarray Studies of Vibro cholerae EPS RegulationGary Schoolnik; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanistic Studies of Anti-HIV Activity of a Novel Ring-Expanded NucleosideRAMACHANDRA HOSMANE; Fiscal Year: 2007..Finally, we will investigate if the leading REN as well as its analogues are effective against the resistant HIV mutants. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- REGULATION OF LUNG SURFACTANT PROTEIN B GENE EXPRESSIONVijayakumar Boggaram; Fiscal Year: 2006..Such information may facilitate the development of newer therapies to treat lung dysfunction due to SP-B deficiency that occurs under conditions of elevated nitric oxide production in the lung. ..
- Regulation of Protein Kinase C TranslocationJOSEPH O FLAHERTY; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- 'Fat' Nucleosides and NucleotidesRAMACHANDRA HOSMANE; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Mitochondria and regulation of HIF-1Faton Agani; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- NOVEL ORGANIC REAGENTS FOR BIOMEDICAL APPLICATIONSRAMACHANDRA HOSMANE; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Structural Studies of AIDS-Responsive DrugsVivian Cody; Fiscal Year: 2010..These results will help guide the design of species selective inhibitors. Mutagenesis studies will be carried out to test these possibilitiesin the structure-based correlations to help design novel pjDHFRinhibitors. ..
- GENETIC TARGETS OF NITRIC OXIDE IN LEUKEMIA CELLSPaul Shami; Fiscal Year: 2004..This work will help understand the mechanism by which NO affects hematopoietic cell growth and differentiation and may constitute the basis for the development of novel strategies for the treatment of AML. ..