Genomes and Genes
Summary: An anthracenedione-derived antineoplastic agent.
Publications314 found, 100 shown here
- Docetaxel plus prednisone or mitoxantrone plus prednisone for advanced prostate cancerIan F Tannock
Department of Medical Oncology and Hematology, Princess Margaret Hospital and University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
N Engl J Med 351:1502-12. 2004b>Mitoxantrone plus prednisone reduces pain and improves the quality of life in men with advanced, hormone-refractory prostate cancer, but it does not improve survival...
- Docetaxel and estramustine compared with mitoxantrone and prednisone for advanced refractory prostate cancerDaniel P Petrylak
Columbia University, Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center, New York, USA
N Engl J Med 351:1513-20. 2004b>Mitoxantrone-based chemotherapy palliates pain without extending survival in men with progressive androgen-independent prostate cancer...
- Prednisone plus cabazitaxel or mitoxantrone for metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer progressing after docetaxel treatment: a randomised open-label trialJohann Sebastian de Bono
Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust and The Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton, UK
Lancet 376:1147-54. 2010..We aimed to compare the efficacy and safety of cabazitaxel plus prednisone with those of mitoxantrone plus prednisone in men with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer with progressive disease after ..
- Chemotherapy with mitoxantrone plus prednisone or prednisone alone for symptomatic hormone-resistant prostate cancer: a Canadian randomized trial with palliative end pointsI F Tannock
Department of Medicine, Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, Canada
J Clin Oncol 14:1756-64. 1996..To investigate the benefit of chemotherapy in patients with symptomatic hormone-resistant prostate cancer using relevant end points of palliation in a randomized controlled trial...
- Docetaxel plus prednisone or mitoxantrone plus prednisone for advanced prostate cancer: updated survival in the TAX 327 studyDominik R Berthold
FRCPC, Princess Margaret Hospital, 610 University Ave, Toronto, ON, M5G 2M9, Canada
J Clin Oncol 26:242-5. 2008The TAX 327 study compared docetaxel administered every 3 weeks (D3), weekly docetaxel (D1), and mitoxantrone (M), each with prednisone (P), in 1,006 men with metastatic hormone-resistant prostate cancer (HRPC)...
- Randomized phase II trial of Custirsen (OGX-011) in combination with docetaxel or mitoxantrone as second-line therapy in patients with metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer progressing after first-line docetaxel: CUOG trial P-06cFred Saad
CRCUM Université de Montréal, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Clin Cancer Res 17:5765-73. 2011..This study tested custirsen, a CLU inhibitor, in patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC) progressing during or within 6 months of initial docetaxel therapy...
- Gene silencing of FANCF potentiates the sensitivity to mitoxantrone through activation of JNK and p38 signal pathways in breast cancer cellsYanlin Li
Department of Pharmacology, China Medical University, Shenyang City, Liaoning, China
PLoS ONE 7:e44254. 2012..this study, we examined the effects and mechanisms of FANCF-RNAi on the sensitivity of breast cancer cells to mitoxantrone (MX)...
- Multidrug resistance protein 1 (MRP1, ABCC1) mediates resistance to mitoxantrone via glutathione-dependent drug effluxCharles S Morrow
Department of Biochemistry, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Medical Center Boulevard, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Mol Pharmacol 69:1499-505. 2006..relationship between multidrug resistance protein 1 (MRP1, ABCC1) expression and cellular sensitivity to mitoxantrone (MX) toxicity can be ascertained; thus, the role of MRP1 in MX resistance remains controversial...
- Hydrocortisone with or without mitoxantrone in men with hormone-refractory prostate cancer: results of the cancer and leukemia group B 9182 studyP W Kantoff
Lank Center for Genitourinary Oncology and Breast Oncology Center, Department of Adult Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115 6084, USA
J Clin Oncol 17:2506-13. 1999..Corticosteroids and mitoxantrone each have been shown to be active agents in this disease...
- Acquired mutations in the MXR/BCRP/ABCP gene alter substrate specificity in MXR/BCRP/ABCP-overexpressing cellsY Honjo
Cancer Therapeutics Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Cancer Res 61:6635-9. 2001..noted in the transport of rhodamine 123 among nine MXR/BCRP/ABCP-overexpressing cells studied; all demonstrated mitoxantrone transport, whereas only two effluxed rhodamine 123...
- TROPIC: Phase III trial of cabazitaxel for the treatment of metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancerStephane Oudard
Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris 5, 20 rue Leblanc, Paris, France
Future Oncol 7:497-506. 2011..Future development of this therapy and others under investigation is discussed...
- Mitoxantrone induces natural killer cell maturation in patients with secondary progressive multiple sclerosisCoralie Chanvillard
Experimental and Clinical Research Center, Charité Medical Faculty, Berlin, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e39625. 2012b>Mitoxantrone is one of the few drugs approved for the treatment of progressive multiple sclerosis (MS). However, the prolonged use of this potent immunosuppressive agent is limited by the appearance of severe side effects...
- 5,7-Dimethoxyflavone and multiple flavonoids in combination alter the ABCG2-mediated tissue distribution of mitoxantrone in miceGuohua An
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University at Buffalo, State University of New York, 517 Hochstetter Hall, Amherst, New York 14260 1200, USA
Pharm Res 28:1090-9. 2011The objective of our study was to investigate the effect of 5,7-DMF on the accumulation of mitoxantrone (MX) in BCRP-expressing normal cells and to investigate its impact on the PK and tissue distribution of MX in mice.
- Mitoxantrone treatment in multiple sclerosis induces TH2-type cytokinesA Vogelgesang
Department of Neurology, University of Greifswald, Greifswald, Germany
Acta Neurol Scand 122:237-43. 2010b>Mitoxantrone is a cytotoxic drug with immune modulatory properties used in the treatment of progressive forms of multiple sclerosis (MS)...
- Kinetic analysis of the cooperation of P-glycoprotein (P-gp/Abcb1) and breast cancer resistance protein (Bcrp/Abcg2) in limiting the brain and testis penetration of erlotinib, flavopiridol, and mitoxantroneHiroshi Kodaira
Pharmacokinetic Research Laboratories, Research Division, Kyowa Hakko Kirin Co, Ltd, Shizuoka, Japan
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 333:788-96. 2010..The C(brain)/C(plasma) and C(testis)/C(plasma) of the common substrates erlotinib, flavopiridol, and mitoxantrone were markedly increased in Mdr1a/1b(-/-)/Bcrp(-/-) mice even compared with Mdr1a/1b(-/-) and Bcrp(-/-) mice...
- The multidrug-resistant phenotype associated with overexpression of the new ABC half-transporter, MXR (ABCG2)T Litman
National Cancer Institute, Medicine Branch, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Cell Sci 113:2011-21. 2000..We sought to characterize the phenotype of the newly discovered ABC transporter encoded by the mitoxantrone resistance gene, MXR, also known as ABCP1 or BCRP...
- Mechanism of action of mitoxantroneEdward J Fox
MS Clinic of Central Texas, 7200 Wyoming Springs Dr, Suite 1100, Round Rock, TX 78681, USA
Neurology 63:S15-8. 2004b>Mitoxantrone, a synthetic anthracenedione, was developed in the 1980s as a doxorubicin analogue in a program to find a cytotoxic agent with decreased cardiotoxicity compared with doxorubicin...
- Therapy-related acute leukaemia with Mitoxantrone: what is the risk and can we minimise it?R Ellis
Walton Centre for Neurology and Neurosurgery, Neurological Sciences, Liverpool, UK
Mult Scler 15:505-8. 2009..Therapy-related acute leukaemia (TRAL) is a concern for neurologists and patients when considering treatment with Mitoxantrone for multiple sclerosis (MS)...
- Efficacy and safety of mitoxantrone in patients with highly relapsing neuromyelitis opticaSu Hyun Kim
Department of Neurology, Research Institute and Hospital of National Cancer Center, Korea
Arch Neurol 68:473-9. 2011To evaluate the efficacy and safety of mitoxantrone hydrochloride and determine how it exhibits a differential inhibitory effect on subsets of B cells in patients with highly relapsing neuromyelitis optica (NMO).
- Molecular cloning of cDNAs which are highly overexpressed in mitoxantrone-resistant cells: demonstration of homology to ABC transport genesK Miyake
Medicine Branch, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Cancer Res 59:8-13. 1999Reports of multiple distinct mitoxantrone-resistant sublines without overexpression of P-glycoprotein or the multidrug-resistance associated protein have raised the possibility of the existence of another major transporter conferring drug ..
- Mitoxantrone induces cell death in peripheral blood leucocytes of multiple sclerosis patientsA Chan
Department of Neurology, Clinical Research Group for Multiple Sclerosis and Neuroimmunology, Julius Maximilians University, Wurzburg, Germany
Clin Exp Immunol 139:152-8. 2005b>Mitoxantrone (MX) is a cytotoxic drug with proven clinical efficacy in active multiple sclerosis (MS). In this ex vivo study we investigated the immunological effects of MX on peripheral blood leucocytes (PBL) from MS patients...
- Overexpression of the ATP-binding cassette half-transporter, ABCG2 (Mxr/BCrp/ABCP1), in flavopiridol-resistant human breast cancer cellsR W Robey
Developmental Therapeutics Department, Medicine Branch, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Clin Cancer Res 7:145-52. 2001..nM flavopiridol and was found to be 24-fold resistant to flavopiridol, as well as highly cross-resistant to mitoxantrone (675-fold), topotecan (423-fold), and SN-38 (950-fold), the active metabolite of irinotecan...
- Liposomal imatinib-mitoxantrone combination: formulation development and therapeutic evaluation in an animal model of prostate cancerAna Catarina Pinto
Faculty of Pharmacy, Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Technology, University of Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal
Prostate 71:81-90. 2011b>Mitoxantrone plus prednisone is a palliative treatment for hormone-refractory prostate cancer (HRPC) but without survival benefit. Imatinib has shown activity against HRPC but only in the preclinical setting...
- The human breast cancer resistance protein (BCRP/ABCG2) shows conformational changes with mitoxantroneMark F Rosenberg
Manchester Interdisciplinary Biocentre, 131 Princess Street, University of Manchester, Manchester, M1 7DN, UK
Structure 18:482-93. 2010..Two crystal forms with and without mitoxantrone were observed with unit cell dimensions of a = 55.4 A, b = 81.4 A, gamma = 89.8 degrees , and a = 57...
- Mitoxantrone loaded superparamagnetic nanoparticles for drug targeting: a versatile and sensitive method for quantification of drug enrichment in rabbit tissues using HPLC-UVRainer Tietze
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Friedrich Alexander University Erlangen Nurnberg, Section for Experimental Oncology and Nanomedicine Else Kröner Fresenius Foundation Professorship, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
J Biomed Biotechnol 2010:597304. 2010..We here present an analytical method (HPLC-UV), to detect pure or ferrofluid-bound mitoxantrone in a complex matrix even in trace amounts in order to perform biodistribution studies...
- A functional assay for detection of the mitoxantrone resistance protein, MXR (ABCG2)R W Robey
Developmental Therapeutics Department, Medicine Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Building 10, Room 12N226, 9000 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1512:171-82. 2001The fluorescent compounds rhodamine 123, LysoTracker Green DMD-26, mitoxantrone, and BODIPY-prazosin were used with the antagonist fumitremorgin C (FTC) in order to develop functional assays for the half-transporter, MXR/BCRP/ABCP1...
- Induction of apoptosis by 2-chloro-2'deoxyadenosine (2-CdA) alone and in combination with other cytotoxic drugs: synergistic effects on normal and neoplastic lymphocytes by addition of doxorubicin and mitoxantroneK U Chow
Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Hospital, Department of Medicine III, Hematology Oncology, Frankfurt, Germany
Leuk Lymphoma 36:559-67. 2000..The combination of 2-CdA with doxorubicin or mitoxantrone had a synergistic effect on the induction of apoptosis (p<0...
- Long-term safety profile of mitoxantrone in a French cohort of 802 multiple sclerosis patients: a 5-year prospective studyE Le Page
CHU Pontchaillou, Service de Neurologie, Rennes, France
Mult Scler 17:867-75. 2011..From 2001, a French multicentre study was conducted prospectively in a large cohort of MS patients and annually updated up to at least 5 years after initiation of MITOX therapy...
- MiR-487a resensitizes mitoxantrone (MX)-resistant breast cancer cells (MCF-7/MX) to MX by targeting breast cancer resistance protein (BCRP/ABCG2)Meng Tao Ma
Department of Pharmacology, China Medical University, North 2nd Road 92, Heping District, Shenyang 110001, Liaoning Providence, PR China
Cancer Lett 339:107-15. 2013..Therefore, after confirming that BCRP was increased in the mitoxantrone (MX)-resistant MCF-7 breast cancer cell line MCF-7/MX compared with its parental sensitive MCF-7 cell line, we ..
- Acute myeloid leukemia in Italian patients with multiple sclerosis treated with mitoxantroneV Martinelli
Department of Neurology, INSPE, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, Italy
Neurology 77:1887-95. 2011To evaluate the incidence and dose-dependency of mitoxantrone (MTX)-associated acute myelocytic leukemia (AML) in the network of Italian multiple sclerosis (MS) clinics.
- Early mitoxantrone-induced cardiotoxicity in secondary progressive multiple sclerosisF Paul
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 78:198-200. 2007
- Olomoucine II and purvalanol A inhibit ABCG2 transporter in vitro and in situ and synergistically potentiate cytostatic effect of mitoxantroneJakub Hofman
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Pharmacy in Hradec Kralove, Charles University in Prague, Heyrovskeho 1203, 50005 Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
Pharmacol Res 65:312-9. 2012..combination index method of Chou-Talalay, we confirmed that the strongest inhibitors, purvalanol A and olomoucine II, can synergistically potentiate cytostatic effect of mitoxantrone, an ABCG2 substrate, in ABCG2 expressing cell lines.
- Substituted chromones as highly potent nontoxic inhibitors, specific for the breast cancer resistance proteinGlaucio Valdameri
Equipe Labellisée Ligue 2011, Institut de Biologie et Chimie des Proteines, BMSSI UMR 5086, CNRS Université Lyon 1, Lyon, France
J Med Chem 55:966-70. 2012..The chromone derivative specifically inhibited ABCG2 versus other multidrug ABC transporters and was not transported. It constitutes a highly promising candidate for in vivo chemosensitization of ABCG2-expressing tumors...
- Rh2 synergistically enhances paclitaxel or mitoxantrone in prostate cancer modelsXiaowei Xie
Prostate Centre at Vancouver General Hospital, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
J Urol 175:1926-31. 2006We explored the efficacy of the ginsenoside Rh2 and examined its impact on the effective dose of paclitaxel and mitoxantrone in the LNCaP prostate tumor model.
- Targeted MET inhibition in castration-resistant prostate cancer: a randomized phase II study and biomarker analysis with rilotumumab plus mitoxantrone and prednisoneCharles J Ryan
University of California San Francisco Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
Clin Cancer Res 19:215-24. 2013..and pharmacokinetics of rilotumumab, a fully human, monoclonal antibody against hepatocyte growth factor (HGF)/scatter factor, combined with mitoxantrone and prednisone (MP) in patients with castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC).
- Cladribine combined with high doses of arabinoside cytosine, mitoxantrone, and G-CSF (CLAG-M) is a highly effective salvage regimen in patients with refractory and relapsed acute myeloid leukemia of the poor risk: a final report of the Polish Adult LeukemAgnieszka Wierzbowska
Department of Hematology, Medical University, Lodz, Poland
Eur J Haematol 80:115-26. 2008..effect of Ara-C in leukemic blasts and inhibit DNA repair mechanisms; therefore its association with Ara-C and mitoxantrone (MIT) results in a synergistic effect...
- Methoxy stilbenes as potent, specific, untransported, and noncytotoxic inhibitors of breast cancer resistance proteinGlaucio Valdameri
Equipe Labellisée Ligue, Institut de Biologie et Chimie des Protéines FR, Universite Lyon, Lyon, France
ACS Chem Biol 7:322-30. 2012..Here, various methoxy derivatives of resveratrol are shown to be potent inhibitors of mitoxantrone efflux by ABCG2: among a series of 11 derivatives, compound 9 (3,5,3',4'-tetramethoxy trans-stilbene) had an IC(..
- Association of rash with outcomes in a randomized phase II trial evaluating cetuximab in combination with mitoxantrone plus prednisone after docetaxel for metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancerMark T Fleming
US Oncology Research, McKesson Specialty Health, The Woodlands, TX, USA
Clin Genitourin Cancer 10:6-14. 2012..The efficacy of combining cetuximab with mitoxantrone (M) plus prednisone (MP) was evaluated in progressive metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC) ..
- Effects of chitosan coating on physical properties and pharmacokinetic behavior of mitoxantrone liposomesJie Zhuang
School of Pharmacy, China, Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing, China
Int J Nanomedicine 5:407-16. 2010..this work was to evaluate the physical properties and in vivo circulation of chitosan (CH)-coated liposomes of mitoxantrone (MTO)...
- Treatment of hormone-refractory prostate cancer with docetaxel or mitoxantrone: relationships between prostate-specific antigen, pain, and quality of life response and survival in the TAX-327 studyDominik R Berthold
Princess Margaret Hospital and University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Clin Cancer Res 14:2763-7. 2008The TAX-327 study randomized 1,006 men with metastatic hormone-refractory prostate cancer to receive 3-weekly docetaxel, weekly docetaxel, or mitoxantrone, each with prednisone.
- Rationale for the use of mitoxantrone in multiple sclerosisGilles Edan
Department of Neurology, Rue Henri Le Gallous, CHU Rennes, F 35700 Rennes, France
J Neurol Sci 223:35-9. 2004b>Mitoxantrone is a member of the anthracendione family developed to treat malignancies and increasingly used to treat multiple sclerosis (MS)...
- The structure of PknB in complex with mitoxantrone, an ATP-competitive inhibitor, suggests a mode of protein kinase regulation in mycobacteriaAnnemarie Wehenkel
Unité de Biochimie Structurale and CNRS URA2185, Institut Pasteur, 25 rue du Docteur Roux, 75724 Paris, France
FEBS Lett 580:3018-22. 2006..Here, we demonstrate that mitoxantrone, an anthraquinone derivative used in cancer therapy, is a PknB inhibitor capable of preventing mycobacterial ..
- Daunorubicin versus mitoxantrone versus idarubicin as induction and consolidation chemotherapy for adults with acute myeloid leukemia: the EORTC and GIMEMA Groups Study AML-10Franco Mandelli
Department of Cellular Biotechnologies and Hematology, SapienzaUniversity, Rome, Italy
J Clin Oncol 27:5397-403. 2009..To compare the antitumor efficacy of three different anthracyclines in combination with cytarabine and etoposide in adult patients with newly diagnosed acute myeloid leukemia (AML)...
- The beta-carboline alkaloid harmine inhibits BCRP and can reverse resistance to the anticancer drugs mitoxantrone and camptothecin in breast cancer cellsYonggang Ma
University of Heidelberg, Institute of Pharmacy and Molecular Biotechnology, INF 364, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Phytother Res 24:146-9. 2010..Harmine reduced resistance to the anticancer drugs mitoxantrone and camptothecin mediated by BCRP and might be an interesting new reversal agent...
- The effect of low pH on breast cancer resistance protein (ABCG2)-mediated transport of methotrexate, 7-hydroxymethotrexate, methotrexate diglutamate, folic acid, mitoxantrone, topotecan, and resveratrol in in vitro drug transport modelsPauline Breedveld
Department of Experimental Therapy, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Mol Pharmacol 71:240-9. 2007..cells: we found a 3-fold higher level of resistance to both methotrexate and the prototypical BCRP substrate mitoxantrone at pH 6.5 as at physiological pH...
- Structural basis for stabilization of the tau pre-mRNA splicing regulatory element by novantrone (mitoxantrone)Suxin Zheng
Department of Chemistry, University of Washington, Seattle, 98195, USA
Chem Biol 16:557-66. 2009..The anticancer drug mitoxantrone was recently identified in a high throughput screen to stabilize the tau pre-mRNA stem loop...
- Effect of mitoxantrone on outcome of children with first relapse of acute lymphoblastic leukaemia (ALL R3): an open-label randomised trialCatriona Parker
Cancer Research UK Children s Cancer Group, School of Cancer and enabling Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester Academic Health Science Centre, Central Manchester University Hospitals Foundation Trust, Manchester, UK
Lancet 376:2009-17. 2010..We investigated the outcome of children with acute lymphoblastic leukaemia who relapsed on present therapeutic regimens...
- Mitoxantrone prior to interferon beta-1b in aggressive relapsing multiple sclerosis: a 3-year randomised trialG Edan
Department of Neurology, University Hôpital Pontchaillou, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Service de Neurologie, Rennes, France
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 82:1344-50. 2011The long-term impact of interferon-beta-1b (IFN) might be improved by short-term immunosuppression with mitoxantrone (MITOX) in aggressive relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (ARMS) patients.
- Mitoxantrone: a review of its use in multiple sclerosisLesley J Scott
Adis International Limited, Auckland, New Zealand
CNS Drugs 18:379-96. 2004b>Mitoxantrone (Novantrone), a synthetic anthracenedione derivative, is an antineoplastic, immunomodulatory agent...
- Studies on the binding affinity of anticancer drug mitoxantrone to chromatin, DNA and histone proteinsZahra Hajihassan
Department of Biochemistry, Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
J Biomed Sci 16:31. 2009b>Mitoxantrone is a potent antitumor drug, widely used in the treatment of various cancers...
- Mitoxantrone: benefits and risks in multiple sclerosis patientsV Martinelli
Neurology Department, INSPE, University IRCCS San Raffaele, Milan, Italy
Neurol Sci 30:S167-70. 2009b>Mitoxantrone (MTX) is a synthetic antineoplastic cytotoxic drug, active both on proliferative and non-proliferative cells...
- Study of mitoxantrone for the treatment of recurrent neuromyelitis optica (Devic disease)Bianca Weinstock-Guttman
The William C Baird Multiple Sclerosis Center, Jacobs Neurological Institute, State University of New York, Buffalo, NY 14203, USA
Arch Neurol 63:957-63. 2006..It is considered to have a B-cell-induced pathogenesis. Mitoxantrone hydrochloride, a synthetic anthracenedione approved for worsening relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis and ..
- Prednimustine, mitoxantrone (PmM) vs cyclophosphamide, vincristine, prednisone (COP) for the treatment of advanced low-grade non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. German Low-Grade Lymphoma Study GroupM Unterhalt
Dept of Hematology and Oncology, University of Gottingen, Germany
Leukemia 10:836-43. 1996The current study was initiated to compare the anti-lymphoma activity and side-effects of prednimustine/mitoxantrone (PmM) vs cyclophosphamide, vincristine, prednisone (COP) in patients with advanced low-grade non-Hodgkin's lymphomas in ..
- Treatment of PC3 prostate cancer cells with mitoxantrone, etoposide, doxorubicin and carboplatin induces distinct alterations in the expression of kallikreins 5 and 11Hellinida Thomadaki
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Biology, University of Athens, Panepistimiopolis, 15701 Athens, Greece
Thromb Haemost 101:373-80. 2009..the mRNA expression levels of KLK5 and KLK11 genes in prostate cancer cells PC3 as a response to treatment with mitoxantrone, etoposide, doxorubicin and carboplatin...
- Evidence Report: The efficacy and safety of mitoxantrone (Novantrone) in the treatment of multiple sclerosis: Report of the Therapeutics and Technology Assessment Subcommittee of the American Academy of NeurologyJames J Marriott
The Multiple Sclerosis Clinic, St Michael s Hospital, Division of Neurology, University of Toronto, Canada
Neurology 74:1463-70. 2010The chemotherapeutic agent mitoxantrone was approved for use in multiple sclerosis (MS) in 2000...
- Survival and PSA response of patients in the TAX 327 study who crossed over to receive docetaxel after mitoxantrone or vice versaD R Berthold
Division of Medical Oncology and Hematology, Princess Margaret Hospital and University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Ann Oncol 19:1749-53. 2008The TAX 327 study compared 3-weekly docetaxel, weekly docetaxel or 3-weekly mitoxantrone, each with prednisone, for 1006 patients with metastatic hormone-refractory prostate cancer...
- Phase 1 and pharmacokinetic study of bolus-infusion flavopiridol followed by cytosine arabinoside and mitoxantrone for acute leukemiasJudith E Karp
Division of Hematologic Malignancies, Johns Hopkins Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, Baltimore, MD 21231 1000, USA
Blood 117:3302-10. 2011..Flavopiridol given by 1-hour bolus at 50 mg/m(2) daily 3 times followed by cytosine arabinoside and mitoxantrone (FLAM) is active in adults with poor-risk acute leukemias...
- Assessment of DNA double-strand breaks and gammaH2AX induced by the topoisomerase II poisons etoposide and mitoxantroneDaniel J Smart
Department of Pathology, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY 10595, USA
Mutat Res 641:43-7. 2008..induction of gammaH2AX in relation to DSBs induced by topoisomerase II (TOPO II) poisons, etoposide (ETOP) and mitoxantrone (MXT), in V79 cells...
- Copper ion-mediated liposomal encapsulation of mitoxantrone: the role of anions in drug loading, retention and releaseChunlei Li
Zhongqi Pharmaceutical Technology, Shijiazhuang, Co Ltd, No 276, ZhongShan West Road, Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province 050051, PR China
Eur J Pharm Sci 34:333-44. 2008..To explore the role of anions in metal ion gradient method, copper ion-mediated mitoxantrone (MIT) loading was investigated systematically...
- Breast cancer resistance protein is localized at the plasma membrane in mitoxantrone- and topotecan-resistant cell linesG L Scheffer
Department of Pathology, Free University Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Cancer Res 60:2589-93. 2000..In this study, we describe a BCRP-specific monoclonal antibody, BXP-34, obtained from mice, immunized with mitoxantrone-resistant, BCRP mRNA-positive MCF-7 MR human breast cancer cells...
- Modulation of function of three ABC drug transporters, P-glycoprotein (ABCB1), mitoxantrone resistance protein (ABCG2) and multidrug resistance protein 1 (ABCC1) by tetrahydrocurcumin, a major metabolite of curcuminPornngarm Limtrakul
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Mol Cell Biochem 296:85-95. 2007..the effect of tetrahydrocurcumin (THC) on three ABC drug transporter proteins, P-glycoprotein (P-gp or ABCB1), mitoxantrone resistance protein (MXR or ABCG2) and multidrug resistance protein 1 (MRP1 or ABCC1) was investigated, to ..
- Targeting vascular endothelial growth factor for relapsed and refractory adult acute myelogenous leukemias: therapy with sequential 1-beta-d-arabinofuranosylcytosine, mitoxantrone, and bevacizumabJudith E Karp
University of Maryland Greenebaum Cancer Center, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:3577-85. 2004..We conducted a Phase II clinical trial of bevacizumab administered after chemotherapy to adults with refractory or relapsed AML, using a timed sequential therapy (TST) approach...
- Acridone derivatives: design, synthesis, and inhibition of breast cancer resistance protein ABCG2Ahcene Boumendjel
Departement de Pharmacochimie Moleculaire, UMR 5063 CNRS Université Joseph Fourier Grenoble I, 5 Avenue de Verdun BP 138, 38243 Meylan, France
Bioorg Med Chem 15:2892-7. 2007..One of the acridones was even more potent than the reference inhibitor, GF120918, as shown by its ability to inhibit mitoxantrone efflux.
- Double induction containing either two courses or one course of high-dose cytarabine plus mitoxantrone and postremission therapy by either autologous stem-cell transplantation or by prolonged maintenance for acute myeloid leukemiaThomas Buchner
Department of Medicine, Hematology Oncology, University of Muenster, Muenster, Germany
J Clin Oncol 24:2480-9. 2006..Whether additional intensification can add to this effect has not yet been determined...
- Assessment of histone H2AX phosphorylation induced by DNA topoisomerase I and II inhibitors topotecan and mitoxantrone and by the DNA cross-linking agent cisplatinXuan Huang
Brander Cancer Research Institute, New York Medical College, Valhalla, New York 10532, USA
Cytometry A 58:99-110. 2004..The purpose of this study was to further characterize the drug-induced (DI) IF of gammaH2AX, and in particular to distinguish it from AA gammaH2AX IF triggered by DNA breaks that occur in the course of AA DNA fragmentation...
- Quality of life and pain in advanced stage prostate cancer: results of a Southwest Oncology Group randomized trial comparing docetaxel and estramustine to mitoxantrone and prednisoneDonna L Berry
University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 7266, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:2828-35. 2006..be achieved in men with androgen-independent prostate cancer treated with docetaxel and estramustine (DE) or mitoxantrone and prednisone (MP)...
- Chemotherapy for prostate cancerTimothy Gilligan
Lank Center for Genitourinary Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Urology 60:94-100; discussion 100. 2002..The early studies combining mitoxantrone plus a corticosteroid demonstrated that chemotherapy could be given to men with symptomatic hormone-refractory ..
- Luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone receptor-mediated delivery of mitoxantrone using LHRH analogs modified with PEGylated liposomesYingna He
Key Laboratory of Biomedical Material of Tianjin, Institute of Biomedical Engineering, Peking Union Medical College and Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Tianjin, China
Int J Nanomedicine 5:697-705. 2010A sterically stabilized, mitoxantrone-loaded liposome, tailored to target luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone (LHRH) receptor overexpressing cells, was developed to promote the efficiency of intracellular delivery of mitoxantrone ..
- Toxicity of the topoisomerase II inhibitorsKaren Seiter
New York Medical College, Room 250 Munger Pavilion, Valhalla, New York 10595, USA
Expert Opin Drug Saf 4:219-34. 2005..Topoisomerase II inhibitors include the anthracyclines, mitoxantrone and epipodophyllotoxins. Short-term toxicity includes myelosuppression and gastrointestinal toxicity...
- Magnetic drug targeting--biodistribution of the magnetic carrier and the chemotherapeutic agent mitoxantrone after locoregional cancer treatmentChristoph Alexiou
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, University Erlangen Nurnberg, Germany
J Drug Target 11:139-49. 2003..b>Mitoxantrone was quantitatively measured using HPLC-analysis. The strength of the external magnetic field was 0...
- The mouse Bcrp1/Mxr/Abcp gene: amplification and overexpression in cell lines selected for resistance to topotecan, mitoxantrone, or doxorubicinJ D Allen
Division of Experimental Therapy, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam
Cancer Res 59:4237-41. 1999..cell lines lacking functional Mdr1a, Mdr1b, and Mrp1 genes were selected for resistance to topotecan, mitoxantrone, or doxorubicin...
- 6-Thioguanine, cytarabine, and daunorubicin (TAD) and high-dose cytarabine and mitoxantrone (HAM) for induction, TAD for consolidation, and either prolonged maintenance by reduced monthly TAD or TAD-HAM-TAD and one course of intensive consolidation by seqThomas Buchner
University Medical Center, Department of Medicine, Hematology and Oncology, University of Muenster, Ulbert Schweitzer Str 33, D 48129 Muenster, Germany
J Clin Oncol 21:4496-504. 2003..To examine the efficacy of prolonged maintenance chemotherapy versus intensified consolidation therapy for patients with acute myeloid leukemia (AML)...
- Investigation of efflux transport of dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate and mitoxantrone at the mouse blood-brain barrier: a minor role of breast cancer resistance proteinYoung Joo Lee
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, 113 0033, Japan
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 312:44-52. 2005..involvement of Bcrp in the efflux transport of typical substrates, dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate (DHEAS) and mitoxantrone, across the mouse BBB...
- Novel extracellular vesicles mediate an ABCG2-dependent anticancer drug sequestration and resistanceIlan Ifergan
Department of Biology, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel
Cancer Res 65:10952-8. 2005..ABCG2 in the plasma membrane of cancer cells confers resistance to various anticancer drugs, including mitoxantrone. Here, we explored the mechanism underlying drug resistance in the MCF-7 breast cancer sublines MCF-7/MR and ..
- A novel two mode-acting inhibitor of ABCG2-mediated multidrug transport and resistance in cancer chemotherapyHui Peng
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e5676. 2009..Knockout of ABCG2 had no apparent adverse effect on the mice. Thus, ABCG2 is an ideal target for development of chemo-sensitizing agents for better treatment of drug resistant cancers and helping eradicate cancer stem cells...
- ABC-transporter gene-polymorphisms are potential pharmacogenetic markers for mitoxantrone response in multiple sclerosisS Cotte
Institute for MS research, Medical Faculty, University of Göttingen and Gemeinnützige Hertie Stiftung, Gottingen, Germany
Brain 132:2517-30. 2009Escalation therapy with mitoxantrone (MX) in highly active multiple sclerosis is limited by partially dose-dependent side-effects. Predictors of therapeutic response may result in individualized risk stratification and MX dosing...
- Identification of cancer stem cell-like side population cells in human nasopharyngeal carcinoma cell lineJing Wang
State Key Laboratory of Oncology in Southern China and Department of Experimental Research, Sun Yat sen University Cancer Center, 651 Dongfeng Road East, Guangzhou 510 060, P R China
Cancer Res 67:3716-24. 2007..Taken together, our data shed light on tumorigenesis and therapeutic-resistant mechanisms, which are helpful for developing novel targets for effective clinical treatment of NPC...
- Combination of fludarabine and mitoxantrone in untreated stages III and IV low-grade lymphoma: S9501William S Velasquez
University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:1996-2003. 2003To determine the efficacy of combination fludarabine and mitoxantrone (FN) in untreated stages III and IV low-grade lymphoma. The major end point was to estimate progression-free survival (PFS) in all eligible patients.
- Anthracyclines, mitoxantrone, radiotherapy, and granulocyte colony-stimulating factor: risk factors for leukemia and myelodysplastic syndrome after breast cancerMarie Cecile Le Deley
Biostatistics and Epidemiology Unit, Department of Medicine, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
J Clin Oncol 25:292-300. 2007..To determine the risk factors for acute myeloid leukemia (AML) or myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) after breast cancer...
- Phase 1/2 study of preoperative docetaxel and mitoxantrone for high-risk prostate cancerMark Garzotto
Division of Urology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland Veterans Administration Medical Center, Portland, Oregon, USA
Cancer 116:1699-708. 2010..Secondary endpoints included safety, pathologic effects of chemotherapy, and predictors of disease recurrence...
- Liposomal coencapsulated fludarabine and mitoxantrone for lymphoproliferative disorder treatmentXiaobin Zhao
Division of Pharmaceutics, College of Pharmacy, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Pharm Sci 97:1508-18. 2008..In vitro and clinical studies have indicated advantages when FLU and mitoxantrone (MTO) are applied in combination...
- Mitoxantrone targets human ubiquitin-specific peptidase 11 (USP11) and is a potent inhibitor of pancreatic cancer cell survivalRichard A Burkhart
Thomas Jefferson University, 1015 Walnut Street, Curtis 611A, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Mol Cancer Res 11:901-11. 2013..An in vitro drug sensitivity assay demonstrated that one of these USP11 inhibitors, mitoxantrone, impacted PDA cell survival with an IC50 of less than 10 nM...
- A phase I dose-finding study of combined treatment with an antisense Bcl-2 oligonucleotide (Genasense) and mitoxantrone in patients with metastatic hormone-refractory prostate cancerK N Chi
Vancouver Cancer Centre, British Columbia Cancer Agency, 600 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, V5Z 4E6
Clin Cancer Res 7:3920-7. 2001..In this dose escalation study, we evaluated the combination of Genasense and mitoxantrone, a standard chemotherapy for patients with HRPC.
- Visual recovery in a man with the rare combination of mtDNA 11778 LHON mutation and a MS-like disease after mitoxantrone therapyC Buhmann
Department of Neurology, University Hospital Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Acta Neurol Scand 106:236-9. 2002..In a 4-year follow-up during immunosuppressive therapy with mitoxantrone, we found a remarkable time delayed visual recovery 12 months after acute onset of rapid sequential bilateral ..
- Antioxidative enzymes activity and malondialdehyde concentration during mitoxantrone therapy in multiple sclerosis patientsM Adamczyk-Sowa
Department of Neurology, Medical University of Silesia, Zabrze, Poland
J Physiol Pharmacol 63:683-90. 2012b>Mitoxantrone (MX) is approved for the treatment of aggressive relapsing-remitting, secondary-progressive and progressive-relapsing form of multiple sclerosis (MS)...
- The cardiac effects of mitoxantrone: do the benefits in multiple sclerosis outweigh the risks?T Jock Murray
MS Research Unit, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3H 1V7, Canada
Expert Opin Drug Saf 5:265-74. 2006b>Mitoxantrone, an immunosuppressant agent with potent anti-inflammatory activity, has been used to treat patients with multiple sclerosis (MS) who have worsening relapsing-remitting (RRMS) or secondary progressive multiple sclerosis (SPMS) ..
- Mitoxantrone as a prospective photosensitizer for photodynamic therapy of breast cancerAli Reza Montazerabadi
Department of Medical Physics, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Photodiagnosis Photodyn Ther 9:46-51. 2012..The purpose of this study was to assess the effectiveness of mitoxantrone, a chemotherapeutic agent, as a photosensitizer for photodynamic therapy in the MCF-7 human breast cancer cell ..
- The use of serum levels of cardiac troponin T to compare the protective activity of dexrazoxane against doxorubicin- and mitoxantrone-induced cardiotoxicityE H Herman
Division of Applied Pharmacology Research, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Laurel, MD 20708, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 48:297-304. 2001To compare the protective effect of dexrazoxane (DRZ) against cardiotoxicity induced by doxorubicin (DXR) and mitoxantrone (MTX).
- Efficacy of oncolytic mutants targeting pRb and p53 pathways is synergistically enhanced when combined with cytotoxic drugs in prostate cancer cells and tumor xenograftsSuresh Radhakrishnan
Centre for Molecular Oncology and Imaging, Institute of Cancer, Barts and London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen Mary University of London, London EC1M 6BQ, United Kingdom
Hum Gene Ther 21:1311-25. 2010..mutants in combination with the current standard of care for late-stage hormone-independent prostate cancers, mitoxantrone or docetaxel...
- [Mitoxantrone as induction therapy in aggressive relapsing remitting multiple sclerosis: a descriptive analysis of 100 consecutive patients]E Le Page
Service de Neurologie, Hopital Pontchaillou, Rennes
Rev Neurol (Paris) 162:185-94. 2006On the basis of the French and British (FB) MS Trial, Mitoxantrone (MITOX) was approved by the AFSAPPS in October 2003 in patients with aggressive multiple sclerosis (MS), given as induction therapy monthly for 6 months (ELSEP)...
- In vivo effects of mitoxantrone on the production of pro- and anti-inflammatory cytokines by peripheral blood mononuclear cells of secondary progressive multiple sclerosis patientsFrancesco Angelucci
Department of Neuroscience, Institute of Neurology, Catholic University, Rome, Italy
Neuroimmunomodulation 13:76-81. 2006b>Mitoxantrone is an antineoplastic agent also used for the treatment of multiple sclerosis (MS). However, despite its efficacy, few data are available on its mechanism of action...
- Activity of rituximab plus cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin/mitoxantrone, vincristine and prednisone in patients with relapsed MALT lymphomaMarkus Raderer
Department of Internal Medicine I, University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Oncology 70:411-7. 2006..As no data on this topic exist for MALT lymphoma, we have retrospectively analysed our experience with R plus cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin/mitoxantrone, vincristine and prednisone (R-CHOP/R-CNOP) in patients with relapsed MALT lymphoma.
- Phase II study of the CPT-11, mitoxantrone and dexamethasone regimen in combination with rituximab in elderly patients with relapsed diffuse large B-cell lymphomaNozomi Niitsu
Hematology Division Department of Internal Medicine, Saitama Medical University, 38 Morohongo, Saitama 350 0495, Japan
Cancer Sci 97:933-7. 2006..The R-CMD regimen was safe in elderly patients with DLBCL. No new signs of cardiotoxicity were observed with this regimen. It was also effective in patients with relapsed or refractory DLBCL who had previously used DXR...
- Combination therapy of percutaneous mitoxantrone injection, percutaneous ethanol injection, and transcatheter arterial embolization for intrahepatic hepatocellular carcinoma and adrenal metastasisT Kiba
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Yokohama City University School of Medicine, 3 9 Fukuura, Kanazawa Ku, Yokohama 236, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 48:427-31. 2001..and left adrenal metastasis with the combination approach of percutaneous intratumoral chemotherapy with mitoxantrone, percutaneous ethanol injection, and transcatheter arterial embolization...
- Improvement of cytotoxic effects induced by mitoxantrone on hormone-refractory metastatic prostate cancer cells by co-targeting epidermal growth factor receptor and hedgehog signaling cascadesMurielle Mimeault
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, College of Medicine, Eppley Institute of Cancer and Allied Diseases, 985870 University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 5870, USA
Growth Factors 25:400-16. 2007The results of the present study revealed for the first time the possibility to use a combination of mitoxantrone with gefitinib and cyclopamine for inhibiting the growth of epidermal growth factor (EGF), sonic hedgehog- (SHHNp), and ..
- Reduced dose-limiting toxicity of intraperitoneal mitoxantrone chemotherapy using cardiolipin-based anionic liposomesRae Sung Chang
School of Life Sciences and Biotechnology, Korea University, Seoul, South Korea
Nanomedicine 6:769-76. 2010..We aimed to develop optimized liposomes for mitoxantrone (MTO) administration that provide high encapsulation efficiency and increase the therapeutic index...
- The study of mitoxantrone as a potential immunosuppressor in transgenic pig renal xenotransplantation in baboons: comparison with cyclophosphamideJoanna Ashton-Chess
Institut de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unite 437, Institut de Transplantation et de Recherche en Transplantation, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Hotel Dieu, Nantes, France
Xenotransplantation 11:112-22. 2004..we performed a preliminary study in baboons immunized against pig blood cells using the immunosuppressor mitoxantrone (Mx)...
- Mitoxantrone-loaded zeolite beta nanoparticles: preparation, physico-chemical characterization and biological evaluationStefan Grund
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Friedrich Schiller University of Jena, Otto Schott Strasse 41, D 07745 Jena, Germany
J Colloid Interface Sci 365:33-40. 2012..characterization of a new host-guest system consisting of zeolite beta nanoparticles as host and mitoxantrone as guest...
- Fludarabine, mitoxantrone and dexamethasone as first-line treatment for T-cell large granular lymphocyte leukemiaE Tse
Leukemia 21:2225-6. 2007
- Comparative pharmacokinetic and cytotoxic analysis of three different formulations of mitoxantrone in miceK M Rentsch
Institute of Clinical Chemistry, , Switzerland
Br J Cancer 75:986-92. 1997Two liposomal formulations of mitoxantrone (MTO) were compared with the aqueous solution (free MTO) in terms of their pharmacokinetic behaviour in ICR mice and cytotoxic activity in a nude mouse xenograft model...
- Spectral studies on the molecular interaction of anticancer drug mitoxantrone with CTAB micellesMirela Enache
I Murgulescu Institute of Physical Chemistry, Romanian Academy, Bucharest, Romania
J Pharm Sci 100:558-65. 2011The interaction of anticancer drug mitoxantrone with cationic surfactant cetyltrimethylammonium bromide (CTAB) has been investigated by absorption spectroscopy as a function of surfactant concentration ranging from the premicellar to ..
- Mechanism of action of TOP2-directed anticancer drugsLeroy F Liu; Fiscal Year: 2012..Top2-targeting drugs such as etoposide (VP-16), doxorubicin and mitoxantrone are among the most effective and widely used anticancer drugs in the clinic...
- TARGETING AML-STROMAL INTERACTIONSJohn F DiPersio; Fiscal Year: 2013..G-CSF+AMD3100 will be administered prior to mitoxantrone-etoposide-high dose Ara-C (MEC) salvage chemotherapy to optimally mobilize leukemic blasts, thus sensitizing ..
- Targeting Leukemia Stromal Interactions in AMLGeoffrey L Uy; Fiscal Year: 2013..inhibitor of CXCR4, to chemosensitize AML in a clinical trial entitled, "A phase l/ll study of AMD3100 plus mitoxantrone, etoposide, and cytarabine (AMD3100-I-MEC) in relapsed or refractory AML...
- Optical Imaging of Chemotherapy for Brain TumorsShailendra Joshi; Fiscal Year: 2013..Using mitoxantrone as the prototype chemotherapeutic drug, our goal is to utilize optical tools to better understand the ultra-..
- Cytoplasmic Reactivation of p53 Family MembersCharles Walker; Fiscal Year: 2004..of leukemic clam hemocytes after treatment with the topoisomerase II inhibitors - etoposide, doxorubicin and mitoxantrone. Our data suggest that p53- or p63/73-dependent mechanisms involved in cancers in these distantly related ..
- MUTAGENIC ACTION OF CANCER THERAPY ON TESTIS CELLSMarvin Meistrich; Fiscal Year: 1992..We will utilize available monkeys from other studies to extend this observation to fractionate irradiations...
- MODULATION OF MULTIDRUG RESISTANCE MECHANISMSBranimir Sikic; Fiscal Year: 2002..Planned studies include: PSC 833 (PSC)/Doxil/paclitaxel; LY335979/mitoxantrone; LY335979/doxorubicin/paclitaxel; and other, new MDR1 modulators...
- NEW MECHANISMS OF MULTIDRUG RESISTANCE IN CANCER CELLSErasmus Schneider; Fiscal Year: 2001..a Pgp-and MRP-negative variant of the human breast cancer cell line MCF7, MCF7/MX, that has been selected for mitoxantrone resistance, exhibits unusual cross-resistance to several camptothecin analogs such as topotecan and irinotecan...
- PULSE THERAPY TRIAL IN BETA INTERFERON RESISTANT ACTIVEDerek Smith; Fiscal Year: 2003..There is evidence that treatment of these patients with pulse methylprednisolone, pulse mitoxantrone or pulse cyclophosphamide may effectively reduce disease activity in these patients and potentially allow them ..
- DNA TOPOISOMERASE ACTIVITY AND CANCER THERAPYDaniel Sullivan; Fiscal Year: 1992..A paucity of information concerning the basis for mitoxantrone resistance exists...
- Novel Effects of DNA Intercalators: Inhibition of Epigenetic ModificationsBETH VAN EMBURGH; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies were supported in this laboratory with both doxorubicin and mitoxantrone. Previous studies in this laboratory have discovered a novel function for doxorubicin as it is capable of ..
- Mechanism of Drug Transport by BCRP/ABCG2Qingcheng Mao; Fiscal Year: 2010..Overexpression of BCRP in cancer cells is associated with resistance to multiple anticancer drugs, including mitoxantrone, topotecan, and flavopiridol...
- Effects of TPA on Leukemia and Solid TumorsAllan Conney; Fiscal Year: 2006..D3, and butyrate), (b) inhibitors of NF-kappaB (BAY 11-7082) or (c) cytotoxic drugs (taxol, taxotere, mitoxantrone and estramustine) on proliferation and apoptosis of cultured human prostate cancer cell lines...
- A NEW CLASS OF DRUG CARRIERS FOR TREATMENT OF MSKENNETH KOSAK; Fiscal Year: 2003..Two carriers will be synthesized and compared for efficacy. One will have mitoxantrone and the other cyclosporin an entrapped within it...
- ANNUAL MRI, MTR AND HMRSI IN HEALTHY CONTROLS AND PPMSStephen Hauser; Fiscal Year: 2001..in patients with primary progressive (PP)MS and healthy controls and, (2)determine the treatment effect of mitoxantrone on those imaging measures...
- TARGETING THE CXCR4-SDF1 AXIS AS THERAPY FOR RELAPSED/REFRACTORY AMLJohn F DiPersio; Fiscal Year: 2010..AMD3100 will be administered immediately prior to mitoxantrone-etoposide-high dose Ara-C (MEC) salvage chemotherapy, thus sensitizing the AML blasts to MEC chemotherapy...
- Two Photon Imaging of Drug Uptake Efflux & Modulation in MDR Tumor Cells in vivoAHMAD SAFA; Fiscal Year: 2007..uptake, efflux and subcellular distribution of the highly fluorescent anticancer agents Adriamycin (ADR) and Mitoxantrone (MITOX) in human breast tumors maintained as xenografts in immuno-deficient mice...
- Targeting the oligomerization of human ABCG2Jian Ting Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2009..P-glycoprotein (Pgp), multidrug resistance-associated proteinl (MRP1), and breast cancer resistance protein/mitoxantrone resistance protein (BCRP/MXR)...
- COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY SOUTHWEST ONCOLOGY GROUP PROGRAMDaniel Petrylak; Fiscal Year: 2003..Based on substantial laboratory strength, we intend to integrate Columbia laboratory resources as core support for SWOG clinical studies. ..
- MRP/GST Synergy in MDRCharles Morrow; Fiscal Year: 2009..2) Specific aim 2 examines the role of MRP1 and GSH in resistance to and transport of the anticancer drug mitoxantrone (MX)...
- A Novel Vitamin D Target in Human Prostate CancerTOMASZ BEER; Fiscal Year: 2007..New treatment targets are needed to develop new drugs to treat prostate cancer, the most commonly diagnosed cancer and the second-leading cancer killer in US men. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Targeting FLT3 as a Novel Specific Therapy for LeukemiaMark Levis; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Oregon Prostate Cancer Conference 2001TOMASZ BEER; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Resistance and Response Mechanisms to Prostate Cancer TherapyTOMASZ BEER; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will test the effectiveness of novel treatments that exploit newly discovered targets in the laboratory and lay the foundation for human trials to develop effective prostate cancer treatment. ..
- Acupuncture for hot flashes in prostate cancer patientsTOMASZ BEER; Fiscal Year: 2004..The overall goal is to provide prostate cancer patients an effective, low toxicity, non-pharmacologic treatment modality for hot flashes. ..
- ANTITUMOR AGENTS AND THE BACTERIOPHAGE T4 TOPOISOMERASEKenneth Kreuzer; Fiscal Year: 2001..topoisomerase is sensitive to many of the antitumor agents that inhibit the mammalian enzyme, including m-AMSA, mitoxantrone, ellipticines and epipodophyllotoxins...
- Flow Instrument for Two-color Assay on MicrotranspondersWlodek Mandecki; Fiscal Year: 2007..The flow reader can be used for diagnostics in vitro and drug discovery projects. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- IMMUNOREGULATORY T CELLS IN MULTIPLE SCLEROSISHoward Weiner; Fiscal Year: 2005..Our investigations will be greatly facilitated by our new Multiple Sclerosis Center with a large patient base and a dedicated MS MRI magnet and image analysis laboratory. ..
- Clinical application of multispectral imaging flow cytometryHans Minderman; Fiscal Year: 2008..The aim of the proposed studies is to determine necessary adjustments to this instrument's hardware and analysis software to accurately and efficiently use it in a clinical research setting. ..
- Brain Atrophy/Diffusion Tensor Study/Multiple SclerosisRobert Fox; Fiscal Year: 2008..Furthermore, these studies should help develop improved methods for evaluating new therapeutic strategies for neuroprotection and neuroregeneration. ..
- Ribosome-based Single Molecule Method to Acquire Sequence Data from GenomesWlodek Mandecki; Fiscal Year: 2010..The method can be used for nucleic acid diagnostics in vitro and in drug discovery. ..
- PEDIATRIC ONCOLOGY GROUPYaddanapudi Ravindranath; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Cell Cycle Variants and Metastatic Prostate Cancer RiskAdam Kibel; Fiscal Year: 2009..At the conclusion of this study, we will have a panel of markers that can be used to predict which patients are at high risk of treatment failure and eventual death from prostate carcinoma. ..
- Mucosal Immunotherapy in a mouse model of Alzheimer's DiseaseHoward L Weiner; Fiscal Year: 2010..In this aim, we will investigate long term mucosal strategy to prevent and treat APP Tg mice using unique mucosal adjuvant combination given nasally and their ability to enhance amyloid clearance. ..
- Modulating P-glycoprotein to Enhance Neurodegenerative Drug Penetration of BrainCHRISTINE HRYCYNA; Fiscal Year: 2008..Completion of these studies has the potential to improve treatment of epilepsy and Alzheimer's disease. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- GENETIC PREDICTORS OF LEUKEMIA THERAPY RESPONSERichard Aplenc; Fiscal Year: 2009..This application will identify and validate polymorphisms that modify ALL therapy outcome and will rigorously evaluate the additional predictive information captured in genotype data. ..
- IN VIVO TREATMENT OF EAE WITH ANTI I-A ANTIBODIESLawrence Steinman; Fiscal Year: 2001..Aim 5 is to assess the possibility of using DNA vaccination against TCR Vb for treatment of EAE. It is hoped that these studies will provide the basis for future clinical trials in MS patients. ..
- ONS Research Agenda ConferenceDonna Berry; Fiscal Year: 2007..The ONS Research Agenda will be evaluated after each conference from 2003-2007. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Ribonucleotide Reductase Antisense Strategy in AMLGuido Marcucci; Fiscal Year: 2004..It is expected that the analysis of these data will allow us to elucidate the intrinsic mechanisms of the antitumor activity of the antisense compounds and plan their incorporation in future therapeutic strategies for AML patients. ..
- Flow instrument for two-color assays on microtransponderWlodek Mandecki; Fiscal Year: 2004..The instrument will enable, in particular, a two-color expression profiling experiments as well as many other types of assays currently done on microarrays or flow cytometers. ..
- MR PREDICTORS OF RESPONSE TO HAART IN HIV DEMENTIAJoseph Berger; Fiscal Year: 2004..It will also open novel avenues for exploring the differential sensitivities of these pathways to HAART, and suggest unique therapeutic options. ..
- Mentored Patient-Oriented Research Career Development AwDavid Rizzieri; Fiscal Year: 2004..These results will lead to future improvements in maximizing the anti-tumor effects of allogeneic therapy, hastening immunologic recovery, and minimizing the toxicity of this procedure. ..
- Personal Profile-Prostate:An Internet Decision SupportDonna Berry; Fiscal Year: 2004..After the programming is complete and the innovative web-based intervention is created, we will pilot test the program in 20 men with localized prostate cancer. ..
- EXTRAMURAL RESEARCH FACILITIES IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM GCRCRichard Rudick; Fiscal Year: 2003..The expected outcome of this construction project will be a centralized facility to conduct innovative, collaborative clinical research protocols and train a new generation of physician scientists. ..
- Phase II Trial of Tetrathiomolybdate in Prostate CancerDavid Smith; Fiscal Year: 2002..The levels of these growth factors/cytokines will then be correlated with the degree of copper depletion, PSA level and response to therapy. ..
- NON-PROTEIN AMINO ACIDS AND TAXOID ANTITUMOR AGENTSIwao Ojima; Fiscal Year: 2002..Drug resistance in cancer chemotherapy is a serious problem. In order to solve this problem, the PI will continue his successful approach to the development of MDR reversal agents based on the strategic modification of baccatins. ..
- PEPTIDE MEDIATED IMMUNOTHERAPY FOR AUTOIMMUNE DISEASELawrence Steinman; Fiscal Year: 2003..This work with APL may be applicable not only to MS, but to other autoimmune diseases including juvenile diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, and inflammatory bowel disease. ..
- HIV Neuroprotection WorkshopJoseph Berger; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed conference is the first of its kind to highlight neuroprotection in HIV CNS and PNS disorders. By coupling this meeting with the International Symposium on Neurovirology this synergy can be exploited. ..
- NITROXIDERGIC CEREBROVASCULAR TONE DURING ANESTHESIAShailendra Joshi; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Pregnancy and the Modulation of Multiple SclerosisAnnette Langer Gould; Fiscal Year: 2006..The search for the pregnancy-related factor or hormone responsible for the protective effect of pregnancy in MS may potentially lead to the development of novel treatments for MS and other Th1-driven autoimmune diseases. ..
- Pharmacologic modulation of chromatin remodeling in leu*Guido Marcucci; Fiscal Year: 2006..Further, we believe that this schedule is amenable to future combination-based approaches. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- NURSING SUPPORT OF DECISIONS BY MEN WITH PROSTATE CANCERDonna Berry; Fiscal Year: 2002..A prototype decision support aid will be developed and a pilot test conducted to guide men through the personal issues, expectations, and preferences to be considered in treatment decision-making after a diagnosis of prostate cancer. ..
- Fluidic Sorter for MicrotranspondersWlodek Mandecki; Fiscal Year: 2005..An automatic sorter would enable combinatorial chemistry on microtransponders, accelerating drug discovery. The sorter, in a parallel application, will also reduce the cost of microtransponder kits for DNA and protein multiplex assay. ..
- Evaluation of CYP24 as a Target for Enhancing Vitamin D*Donald Trump; Fiscal Year: 2006..of apoptosis markers whether a relationship exists between modulation of these effects in vitro on tumor cells and a significant antitumor response in vivo in prostate, pancreatic and lung cancer models [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- IDENTIFICATION OF A 12P PROSTATE TUMOR SUPPRESSOR GENEAdam Kibel; Fiscal Year: 2006..The identification of a novel tumor suppressor would provide a target for better prostate cancer therapy and/or more accurate prognostic information for men newly diagnosed with the disease. ..
- INITIATION OF DNA REPLICATION IN THE PHAGE T4 SYSTEMKenneth Kreuzer; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- CARDINAL BERNARDIN CANCER CENTER, LOYOLA UNIVERSITYPatrick Stiff; Fiscal Year: 2002..At the completion of this grant, the Cardinal Bernardin Cancer Center plans to be positioned to successfully apply for a P-30 Cancer Center Support Grant. ..
- Case/Cleveland Clinical Research Training Program (RMI)Richard Rudick; Fiscal Year: 2004..It will host a national conference on this theme during 2007 to exchange "lessons learned" and evaluate how NIH-sponsored programs are measuring up to this strategic goal. ..
- Direct analysis of fork blockage and DNA repair in vivoKenneth Kreuzer; Fiscal Year: 2003..If the system is validated, many other kinds of DNA damage can presumably be analyzed in-future studies. ..