Summary: Compounds based on ANTHRACENES which contains two KETONES in any position. Substitutions can be in any position except on the ketone groups.
Publications279 found, 100 shown here
- Preventive effects and mechanisms of rhein on renal interstitial fibrosis in obstructive nephropathyDongyuan He
First Clinical Medical College of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210029, P R China
Biol Pharm Bull 34:1219-26. 2011..These observations strongly suggest that rhein is a potent inhibitor of renal interstitial fibrosis, and its therapeutic mechanism is, at least in part, blocking interstitial fibroblasts cells activation...
- Anti-cancer properties of anthraquinones from rhubarbQing Huang
Department of Community, Occupational and Family Medicine, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Med Res Rev 27:609-30. 2007..In this review the toxicological and anti-neoplastic potentials of the main anthraquinones from Rhubarb, Rheum palmatum, will be highlighted...
- A comparative study on the tissue distributions of rhubarb anthraquinones in normal and CCl4-injured rats orally administered rhubarb extractFang Fang
China Military Institute of Chinese Materia Medica, 302 Military Hospital, Beijing 100039, PR China
J Ethnopharmacol 137:1492-7. 2011....
- Small molecules, LLL12 and FLLL32, inhibit STAT3 and exhibit potent growth suppressive activity in osteosarcoma cells and tumor growth in miceGrace Ifeyinwa Onimoe
Center for Childhood Cancer, The Research Institute at Nationwide Children s Hospital, Columbus, OH, USA
Invest New Drugs 30:916-26. 2012..Blocking persistent STAT3 signaling by LLL12 and FLLL32 may be a novel therapeutic approach for osteosarcoma...
- Anti-Inflammatory activity of chrysophanol through the suppression of NF-kappaB/caspase-1 activation in vitro and in vivoSu Jin Kim
Department of Pharmacology, College of Oriental Medicine, Institute of Oriental Medicine, Kyung Hee University, Seoul, Korea
Molecules 15:6436-51. 2010..These results provide novel insights into the pharmacological actions of chrysophanol as a potential molecule for use in the treatment of inflammatory diseases...
- LLL-3 inhibits STAT3 activity, suppresses glioblastoma cell growth and prolongs survival in a mouse glioblastoma modelB Fuh
Department of Pediatrics, BSOM, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC 27834, USA
Br J Cancer 100:106-12. 2009..5 vs 16 days) and had smaller intracranial tumours and no evidence of contralateral invasion. These results suggest that LLL-3 may be a potential therapeutic agent in the treatment of glioblastoma with constitutive STAT3 activation...
- Evidence that the extracytoplasmic function sigma factor sigmaE is required for normal cell wall structure in Streptomyces coelicolor A3(2)M S Paget
John Innes Centre, Colney, Norwich NR4 7UH, United Kingdom
J Bacteriol 181:204-11. 1999..Growth on media deficient in magnesium caused the induction of both hrdD promoters in a sigE-dependent manner...
- Dramatic activation of antibiotic production in Streptomyces coelicolor by cumulative drug resistance mutationsGuojun Wang
National Food Research Institute, 2 1 12 Kannondai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8642, Japan
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:2834-40. 2008..This new approach, called "ribosome engineering," requires less time, cost, and labor than other methods and may be widely utilized for bacterial strain improvement...
- Rhein ameliorates fatty liver disease through negative energy balance, hepatic lipogenic regulation, and immunomodulation in diet-induced obese miceXiaoyan Sheng
Key Laboratory of Nutrition and Metabolism, Institute for Nutritional Sciences, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Shanghai, China
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 300:E886-93. 2011..The combined effects of rhein to target hepatic metabolic and immune pathways may be beneficial for complex metabolic diseases such as NAFLD...
- Rhein induces apoptosis in HL-60 cells via reactive oxygen species-independent mitochondrial death pathwayShigang Lin
Department of Biochemical Science and Technology, Faculty of Agriculture, Kagoshima University, Korimoto 1 21 24, 890 0065, Kagoshima City, Japan
Arch Biochem Biophys 418:99-107. 2003..Our data demonstrate that rhein induces apoptosis in HL-60 cells via a ROS-independent mitochondrial death pathway...
- A novel small molecule, LLL12, inhibits STAT3 phosphorylation and activities and exhibits potent growth-suppressive activity in human cancer cellsLi Lin
Center for Childhood Cancer, The Research Institute at Nationwide Children s Hospital, Department of Pediatrics, College of Medicine, Columbus, OH, USA
Neoplasia 12:39-50. 2010..Our results indicate that LLL12 may be a potential therapeutic agent for human cancer cells expressing constitutive STAT3 signaling...
- Enhanced expression of S-adenosylmethionine synthetase causes overproduction of actinorhodin in Streptomyces coelicolor A3(2)Susumu Okamoto
National Food Research Institute, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8642, Japan
J Bacteriol 185:601-9. 2003..The addition of SAM also caused hyperproduction of streptomycin in Streptomyces griseus. These findings implicate the significant involvement of intracellular SAM in initiating the onset of secondary metabolism in STREPTOMYCES:..
- Rhein reverses the diabetic phenotype of mesangial cells over-expressing the glucose transporter (GLUT1) by inhibiting the hexosamine pathwayJ M Zheng
Research Institute of Nephrology, Jingling Hospital, Nanjing University School of Medicine, Nanjing, PR China
Br J Pharmacol 153:1456-64. 2008..To explore the mechanism of its therapeutic effect on DN, rhein was tested for its effect on the hexosamine pathway...
- Rhein improves renal lesion and ameliorates dyslipidemia in db/db mice with diabetic nephropathyQing Gao
Research Institute of Nephrology, Jinling Hospital, Nanjing University School of Medicine, Nanjing, P R China
Planta Med 76:27-33. 2010..The powerful effect of rhein in renal protection is due to its widespread effects. Rhein is a new drug that can decrease lipid levels and protect against DN progression in a different fashion with simvastatin...
- The anthracenedione compound bostrycin induces mitochondria-mediated apoptosis in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiaeChunling Xu
State Key Laboratory of Biocontrol, Department of Biochemistry, School of Life Sciences, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
FEMS Yeast Res 10:297-308. 2010....
- Synthesis, cytotoxicity and human telomerase inhibition activities of a series of 1,2-heteroannelated anthraquinones and anthra[1,2-d]imidazole-6,11-dione homologuesHsu Shan Huang
School of Pharmacy, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei 11490, Taiwan, ROC
Bioorg Med Chem 17:7418-28. 2009A series of 1,2-heteroannelated anthraquinones and anthra[1,2-d]imidazole-6,11-dione tetracyclic analogues with different side chain were prepared using an various synthetic route via acylation, cyclization, condensation, and ..
- Characterization of the Aspergillus nidulans monodictyphenone gene clusterYi Ming Chiang
Graduate Institute of Pharmaceutical Science, Chia Nan University of Pharmacy and Science, Tainan 71710, Taiwan, Republic of China
Appl Environ Microbiol 76:2067-74. 2010..We propose a biosynthetic pathway for monodictyphenone and emodin derivatives based on bioinformatic analysis and characterization of biosynthetic intermediates...
- 9,10-Anthraquinone hinders beta-aggregation: how does a small molecule interfere with Abeta-peptide amyloid fibrillation?Marino Convertino
Department of Biochemistry, University of Zurich, CH 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Protein Sci 18:792-800. 2009....
- Anthraquinones sensitize tumor cells to arsenic cytotoxicity in vitro and in vivo via reactive oxygen species-mediated dual regulation of apoptosisJie Yang
Department of Cell Biology, Shanghai Second Medical University, 280 Chongqing Road, Shanghai 200025, China
Free Radic Biol Med 37:2027-41. 2004..Results showed that anthraquinones could produce ROS and sensitize tumor cells to arsenic both in vivo and in vitro...
- pH shock induces overexpression of regulatory and biosynthetic genes for actinorhodin productionin Streptomyces coelicolor A3(2)Yoon Jung Kim
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering The Brain Korea 21 Program, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, 373 1, Guseong Dong, Yuseong Gu, Daejeon, 305 701, South Korea
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 76:1119-30. 2007..It is deduced that these metabolic changes caused by pH shock have positively contributed to the stimulation of actinorhodin biosynthesis in a concerted manner...
- Rhein inhibits liver fibrosis induced by carbon tetrachloride in ratsMei Zi Guo
Department of Gastroenterology, Second Affiliated Hospital, Chongqing 400010, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 23:739-44. 2002..To investigate the effect of rhein on liver fibrosis induced by the exposure of carbon tetrachloride (CCl4)/ethanol in rats...
- Characterization of rrdA, a TetR family protein gene involved in the regulation of secondary metabolism in Streptomyces coelicolorXijun Ou
State Key Laboratory of Genetic Engineering, Department of Microbiology and Microbial Engineering, School of Life Sciences, Fudan University, Shanghai 200433, China
Appl Environ Microbiol 75:2158-65. 2009..The effects on Act biosynthesis might arise from competition for precursors that are common to both pathways...
- Danthron induces DNA damage and inhibits DNA repair gene expressions in GBM 8401 human brain glioblastoma multiforms cellsHsu Feng Lu
Department of Clinical Pathology, Cheng Hsin General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Neurochem Res 35:1105-10. 2010..Taken together, the present study showed that danthron caused DNA damage and inhibited DNA repair genes, which may be the factors for danthron-inhibited cell growth in vitro...
- The small molecule, LLL12, inhibits STAT3 phosphorylation and induces apoptosis in medulloblastoma and glioblastoma cellsSarah Ball
Center for Childhood Cancer, The Research Institute at Nationwide Children s Hospital, Columbus, Ohio, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e18820. 2011..Our results suggest that LLL12 is a potent STAT3 inhibitor and that it may be a potential therapeutic treatment for medulloblastoma and glioblastoma...
- Coupling deep transcriptome analysis with untargeted metabolic profiling in Ophiorrhiza pumila to further the understanding of the biosynthesis of the anti-cancer alkaloid camptothecin and anthraquinonesMami Yamazaki
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chiba University, Inohana 1 8 1, Chiba, 260 8675 Japan
Plant Cell Physiol 54:686-96. 2013..camptothecin, an anti-cancer alkaloid with a potent DNA topoisomerase I inhibitory activity, as well as anthraquinones that are derived from the combination of the isochorismate and hemiterpenoid pathways...
- Citreorosein inhibits degranulation and leukotriene C₄ generation through suppression of Syk pathway in mast cellsYue Lu
College of Pharmacy, Yeungnam University, Gyeongsan 712 749, Republic of Korea
Mol Cell Biochem 365:333-41. 2012..The results from the biochemical analysis demonstrate that CIT attenuates degranulation and LTC(4) generation through the suppression of multiple step signaling and would be beneficial for the prevention of allergic inflammation...
- Different roles of p53 in the regulation of DNA damage caused by 1,2-heteroannelated anthraquinones and doxorubicinYung Lung Chang
Department of Biochemistry, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei 114, Taiwan, ROC
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 43:1720-8. 2011..The mechanism of action of DXR remains uncertain and controversial. A series of 1,2-heteroannelated anthraquinones and anthra[1,2-d]imidazole-6,11-dione compounds were synthesized and their cytotoxicity profiles were analyzed ..
- The osteogenic study of tissue engineering bone with BMP2 and BMP7 gene-modified rat adipose-derived stem cellWang Qing
Center for Joint Surgery, South West Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400038, China
J Biomed Biotechnol 2012:410879. 2012..These results demonstrated that it was advantageous to construct tissue engineering bone using ADSCs cotransfected with BMP2 and BMP7 on β-TCP, providing a potential way for treating bone defects...
- The use of response surface methodology to optimize the ultrasound-assisted extraction of five anthraquinones from Rheum palmatum LLi Chun Zhao
College of Pharmacy, Hebei University, Baoding 071002, China
Molecules 16:5928-37. 2011In this paper, ultrasound-assisted extraction (UAE) was applied to the extraction of anthraquinones (aloe-emodin, rhein, emodin, chrysophanol and physcion) from Rheum palmatum L...
- An aberrant protein synthesis activity is linked with antibiotic overproduction in rpsL mutants of Streptomyces coelicolor A3(2)Yoshiko Okamoto-Hosoya
National Food Research Institute, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8642, Japan
Microbiology 149:3299-309. 2003..The authors propose that the aberrant activation of protein synthesis caused by the increased stability of the ribosome is responsible for the remarkable enhancement of antibiotic production in the K88E and P91S mutants...
- 9,10-Anthraquinones and other biologically active compounds from the genus RubiaRam Singh
Department of Chemistry, University of Delhi, Delhi 110 007, India
Chem Biodivers 1:1241-64. 2004..Over 150 chemical constituents belonging to different classes of bioactive compounds such as anthraquinones and their glycosides, naphthoquinones and glycosides, terpenes, bicyclic hexapeptides, iridoids, and ..
- A small molecule, LLL12 inhibits constitutive STAT3 and IL-6-induced STAT3 signaling and exhibits potent growth suppressive activity in human multiple myeloma cellsLi Lin
Department of Pediatrics, Center for Childhood Cancer, The Research Institute at Nationwide Children s Hospital, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
Int J Cancer 130:1459-69. 2012..Furthermore, LLL12 significantly blocked tumor growth of MM cells in mouse model. Our results indicate that LLL12 blocks constitutive STAT3 and IL-6 induced STAT3 signaling and may be a potential therapeutic agent for MM...
- Rhein induces apoptosis and cell cycle arrest in human hepatocellular carcinoma BEL-7402 cellsPing Shi
Northwest Institute of Plateau Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Xining 810008, China
Am J Chin Med 36:805-13. 2008..It is expected that rhein will be effective and useful as a new agent in hepatocelluar carcinoma treatment in the future...
- Biologically active arborinane-type triterpenoids and anthraquinones from Rubia yunnanensisJun Ting Fan
State Key Laboratory of Phytochemistry and Plant Resources in West China, Kunming Institute of Botany, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Kunming 650201, People s Republic of China
J Nat Prod 74:2069-80. 2011Twelve new arborinane-type triterpenoids (1-12) and four new anthraquinones (13-16), together with 50 known compounds, were isolated from the roots of Rubia yunnanensis...
- Rhein inhibits the growth and induces the apoptosis of Hep G2 cellsPo Lin Kuo
Graduate Institute of Natural Products, College of Pharmacy, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, ROC
Planta Med 70:12-6. 2004..Taken together, p53 and the CD95/CD95L apoptotic system possibly participated in the antiproliferative activity of rhein in Hep G2 cells...
- Simultaneous determination of stilbenes, phenolic acids, flavonoids and anthraquinones in Radix polygoni multiflori by LC-MS/MSZi Wei Zhu
Tianjin State Key Laboratory of Modern Chinese Medicine, Tianjin University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Tianjin 300193, China
J Pharm Biomed Anal 62:162-6. 2012..sensitive method was developed for the simultaneous determination of stilbenes, phenolic acid, flavonoids and anthraquinones in Radix polygoni multiflori by liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS)...
- The roles of endoplasmic reticulum stress and Ca2+ on rhein-induced apoptosis in A-549 human lung cancer cellsTe Chun Hsia
Department of Internal Medicine, China Medical University Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
Anticancer Res 29:309-18. 2009..Our data demonstrate that rhein induces apoptosis in A-549 cells via a Ca2+ -dependent mitochondrial pathway...
- Angucyclines: Biosynthesis, mode-of-action, new natural products, and synthesisMadan K Kharel
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of Kentucky, 789 S Limestone Street, Lexington, Kentucky 40536 0596, USA
Nat Prod Rep 29:264-325. 2012..g. for some biosyntheses all the way back to the 1980s, to provide the necessary context of information...
- Three bianthraquinone derivatives from the mangrove endophytic fungus Alternaria sp. ZJ9-6B from the South China SeaCai Huan Huang
School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510275, China
Mar Drugs 9:832-43. 2011..In the primary bioassays, alterporriol K and L exhibited moderate cytotoxic activity towards MDA-MB-435 and MCF-7 cells with IC₅₀ values ranging from 13.1 to 29.1 μM...
- Investigations of free anthraquinones from rhubarb against alpha-naphthylisothiocyanate-induced cholestatic liver injury in ratsYan Ling Zhao
Institute of Traditional Chinese Material Medica, People s Liberation Army, China
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 104:463-9. 2009The protective effects of anthraquinones from Rhubarb, a Chinese herbal medicine, consisting of the root and rhizome of Rheum palmatum L., R. tanguticum Maxim. Ex Balf., or R. officinale Baill...
- Naphthoquinones and anthraquinones from scent glands of a dyspnoid Harvestman, Paranemastoma quadripunctatumGünther Raspotnig
Institute of Zoology, Karl Franzens University, and University Children s Hospital, Universitatsplatz 2, 8010, Graz, Austria
J Chem Ecol 36:158-62. 2010..two methoxy-naphthoquinones (2-methoxy-1,4-naphthoquinone, and 2-methoxy-6-methyl-1,4-naphthoquinone) and two anthraquinones (2-methyl-9,10-anthraquinone and a dimethyl-9,10-anthraquinone)...
- Acute renal failure associated with prolonged intake of slimming pills containing anthraquinonesT H Kwan
Department of Medicine, Tuen Mun Hospital, Tuen Mun, Hong Kong
Hong Kong Med J 12:394-7. 2006....
- Accumulation of S-adenosyl-L-methionine enhances production of actinorhodin but inhibits sporulation in Streptomyces lividans TK23Dong Jin Kim
Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology and Department of Biological Science, Myongji University, Yongin 449 728, Korea
J Bacteriol 185:592-600. 2003..From these results, we concluded that the SAM plays important roles as an intracellular factor in both cellular differentiation and antibiotic production in Streptomyces sp...
- Increased expression of ribosome recycling factor is responsible for the enhanced protein synthesis during the late growth phase in an antibiotic-overproducing Streptomyces coelicolor ribosomal rpsL mutantTakeshi Hosaka
National Food Research Institute, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Mol Microbiol 61:883-97. 2006..coelicolor induced remarkable overproduction of antibiotic, demonstrating that the increased levels of RRF caused by the K88E mutation is responsible for an aberrant stationary-phase event: overproduction of antibiotic...
- Evaluation of the structure-modifying effects of diacerein in hip osteoarthritis: ECHODIAH, a three-year, placebo-controlled trial. Evaluation of the Chondromodulating Effect of Diacerein in OA of the HipM Dougados
Université René Descartes and Hôpital Cochin, Service de Rhumatologie B, Paris, France
Arthritis Rheum 44:2539-47. 2001..To evaluate the ability of diacerein, an interleukin-1beta inhibitor, to slow the progressive decrease in joint space width observed in patients with hip osteoarthritis (OA)...
- Phytoestrogens from the roots of Polygonum cuspidatum (Polygonaceae): structure-requirement of hydroxyanthraquinones for estrogenic activityH Matsuda
Kyoto Pharmaceutical University, Misasagi, Yamashina-ku, 607-8412, Kyoto, Japan
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 11:1839-42. 2001..The methanolic extracts from Polygonum, Cassia, Aloe, and Rheum species, which were known to contain anthraquinones, also showed the MCF-7 proliferation...
- Initiation of actinorhodin export in Streptomyces coelicolorKapil Tahlan
Department of Biochemistry and Biomedical Sciences, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada
Mol Microbiol 63:951-61. 2007..We suggest that this could be a common feature in the production of many bioactive natural products...
- Investigation of transcription repression and small-molecule responsiveness by TetR-like transcription factors using a heterologous Escherichia coli-based assaySang Kyun Ahn
Department of Biochemistry and Biomedical Sciences, HSC 4H21, McMaster University, 1200 Main Street West, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
J Bacteriol 189:6655-64. 2007..Our data suggest that E. coli-based biosensors of this type should be broadly applicable to TetR-like transcription factors...
- Characterization of STAT3 activation and expression in canine and human osteosarcomaStacey L Fossey
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
BMC Cancer 9:81. 2009..The purpose of this study was to investigate the potential role of STAT3 in canine and human OSA, and to evaluate the biologic activity of a novel small molecule STAT3 inhibitor...
- Rhein inhibits TNF-alpha-induced human aortic smooth muscle cell proliferation via mitochondrial-dependent apoptosisSook Kyoung Heo
Cardiovascular Medical Research Center and Department of Prescriptionology, University of Dongguk, Gyeongju City, Republic of Korea
J Vasc Res 46:375-86. 2009..Rhein is an active component extracted from rhubarb. In this study, rhein was found to exert potent inhibitory effects against tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-alpha-induced human aortic smooth-muscle cells (HASMCs) proliferation...
- Antiosteoporotic activity of anthraquinones from Morinda officinalis on osteoblasts and osteoclastsYan Bin Wu
Department of Pharmacy, Fujian University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Fuzhou, Fujian, PR China
Molecules 14:573-83. 2009..Taken together, antiosteoporotic activity of M. officinalis and its anthraquinones suggest therapeutic potential against osteoporosis.
- afsS is a target of AfsR, a transcriptional factor with ATPase activity that globally controls secondary metabolism in Streptomyces coelicolor A3(2)Ping Chin Lee
Department of Biotechnology, Graduate School of Agriculture and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
Mol Microbiol 43:1413-30. 2002....
- Molecular characterization of a novel peroxidase from the cyanobacterium Anabaena sp. strain PCC 7120Henry Joseph Oduor Ogola
Department of Life Science and Biotechnology, Faculty of Life and Environmental Science, Shimane University, 1060 Nishikawatsu, Matsue, Shimane 690 8504, Japan
Appl Environ Microbiol 75:7509-18. 2009..To our knowledge, this study represents the only extensive report in which a bacterial DyP has been tested in the biotransformation of synthetic dyes...
- Symptomatic efficacy and safety of diacerein in the treatment of osteoarthritis: a meta-analysis of randomized placebo-controlled trialsE M Bartels
The Parker Institute, Musculoskeletal Statistics Unit, Frederiksberg Hospital, Denmark
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 18:289-96. 2010..To estimate the efficacy and safety of diacerein as a pain-reducing agent in the treatment of osteoarthritis (OA), using meta-analysis of published randomized placebo-controlled trials (RCTs)...
- Oncostatin M promotes STAT3 activation, VEGF production, and invasion in osteosarcoma cell linesStacey L Fossey
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
BMC Cancer 11:125. 2011..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the role of IL-6 and OSM stimulation on both canine and human OSA cell lines to begin to determine the role of these cytokines in the biology of OSA...
- Combined therapy of rhein and benazepril on the treatment of diabetic nephropathy in db/db miceZ H Jia
Research Institute of Nephrology, Jinling Hospital, Nanjing University School of Medicine, Nanjing, China
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 115:571-6. 2007..We further explore the unknown ability to induce renal-protection of rhein and ACEI combined therapy in DN compared with the therapeutic effects of single treatment of them by using db/db mouse of type 2 diabetes model...
- An anthraquinone with potent quinone reductase-inducing activity and other constituents of the fruits of Morinda citrifolia (noni)Alison D Pawlus
Program for Collaborative Research in the Pharmaceutical Sciences, Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmacognosy, College of Pharmacy, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Nat Prod 68:1720-2. 2005..In addition to compound 1, 11 known compounds were also isolated and identified in the present investigation. This is the first report of the isolation of anthraquinones from noni fruits.
- Prenylated anthraquinones and other constituents from the seeds of Vismia laurentiiHippolyte Kamdem Wabo
Department of Chemistry, University of Dschang, Dschang, Cameroon
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 55:1640-2. 2007Two new prenylated anthraquinones, laurenquinone A (1) and B (2) were isolated from the seeds of Vismia laurentii together with four known compounds; xanthone V(1) (3), physcion (4), 3-geranyloxyemodin anthrone (5) and friedelin (6)...
- Diacerhein downregulate proinflammatory cytokines expression and decrease the autoimmune diabetes frequency in nonobese diabetic (NOD) miceCarina Malaguti
Laboratory of Immunology and Experimental Allergy Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medical Sciences, State University of Campinas, Campinas, SP, Brazil
Int Immunopharmacol 8:782-91. 2008..Furthermore, using the HPLC method, diacerhein and rhein (active metabolite) were detected in serum and pancreas of treated mice...
- Aloe-emodin induces cell death through S-phase arrest and caspase-dependent pathways in human tongue squamous cancer SCC-4 cellsTsan Hung Chiu
Department of Biological Science and Technology, China Medical University, Taiwan, Republic of China
Anticancer Res 29:4503-11. 2009Aloe-emodin, one of the anthraquinones, has been shown to have anticancer activity in different kinds of human cancer cell lines...
- Participation of cathepsin B in emodin-induced apoptosis in HK-2 CellsCuifen Wang
Jiangsu Center for Drug Screening, China Pharmaceutical University, 24 Tong Jia Xiang, Nanjing 210009, China Department of Pharmacology, Southeast University, Nanjing 210009, China
Toxicol Lett 181:196-204. 2008..and rhein (4,5-dihydroxyanthraquinone-2-carboxyl acid) are two main active compounds in total rhubarb anthraquinones (TRAs), which showed nephrotoxicity in Sprague Dawley (S.D.) rats in our previous study...
- Red/far-red fluorescing DNA-specific anthraquinones for nucl:cyto segmentation and viability reporting in cell-based assaysRoy Edward
Biostatus Ltd, Shepshed, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Methods Enzymol 505:23-45. 2012..This far-red viability dye can be more widely combined with other fluorescent reporters to reveal temporally separated events and shows negligible cytotoxicity as determined by sensitive bioassays...
- Anthraquinones danthron and quinizarin exert antiproliferative and antimetastatic activity on murine B16-F10 melanoma cellsStefania Rossi
Department of Biology, University Tor Vergata, Via della Ricerca Scientifica, 00133 Rome, Italy
Anticancer Res 30:445-9. 2010The anticancer potential of anthraquinones danthron and quinizarin on highly metastatic B16-F10 melanoma murine cells was investigated. Several parameters related to cell proliferation and differentiation, i.e...
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis of anthraquinones in rhubarbs by high performance liquid chromatography with diode array detector and mass spectrometryShao Yin Wei
College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Capital Medical University, Beijing 100069, China
Food Chem 141:1710-5. 2013Rhubarb is well known in traditional Chinese medicines (TCMs) mainly due to its effective purgative activity. Anthraquinones, including anthraquinone derivatives and their glycosides, are thought to be the major active components in ..
- Simultaneous determination of anthraquinones in Rhubarb by pressurized liquid extraction and capillary zone electrophoresisYuan X Gong
Institute of Chinese Medical Sciences, University of Macau, Taipa, Macau SAR, China
Electrophoresis 26:1778-82. 2005Rhubarb, a well-known Chinese herbal medicine, is also used in Europe and other places of the world. Anthraquinones derivatives are thought to be the major active components...
- Steady-state pharmacokinetics and tissue distribution of anthraquinones of Rhei Rhizoma in ratsChi Sheng Shia
School of Pharmacy, College of Pharmacy, China Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan
J Ethnopharmacol 137:1388-94. 2011..RP), is a popular herb in clinical Chinese medicine. RP is abundant in polyphenolic anthraquinones, which have been reported to show various beneficial bioactivities...
- Inhibitory activities of anthraquinones from Rubia akane on phosphatase regenerating liver-3Mi Kyeong Moon
Woosuk University, Samrye, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 33:1747-51. 2010..These compounds inhibited PRL-3 in a dose-dependent manner with IC₅₀ values of 5.2 and 1.3 μg/mL, respectively...
- Ligand recognition by ActR, a TetR-like regulator of actinorhodin exportKapil Tahlan
Michael DeGroote Institute for Infectious Diseases Research and Department of Biochemistry and Biomedical Sciences, McMaster University, 1200 Main Street West, Hamilton, ON, Canada L8N 3Z5
J Mol Biol 383:753-61. 2008..These data suggest that the actR locus could be activated by, and perhaps adapted to confer resistance to other antibiotics...
- Organisation and functions of the actVA region of the actinorhodin biosynthetic gene cluster of Streptomyces coelicolorJ L Caballero
John Innes Institute, John Innes Centre, Norwich, UK
Mol Gen Genet 230:401-12. 1991....
- Synthesis, human telomerase inhibition and anti-proliferative studies of a series of 2,7-bis-substituted amido-anthraquinone derivativesHsu Shan Huang
School of Pharmacy, National Defense Medical Center, Neihu, Taipei 114, Taiwan, ROC
Bioorg Med Chem 16:6976-86. 2008..Our results indicated that the 2,7-disubstituted amido-anthraquinones are potent telomerase inhibitors that have the potential to be further developed into novel anticancer ..
- Antitumor anthraquinones from an endophytic actinomycete Micromonospora lupini sp. novYasuhiro Igarashi
Biotechnology Research Center, Toyama Prefectural University, 5180 Kurokawa, Imizu, Toyama, Japan
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 17:3702-5. 2007Two novel anthraquinones, lupinacidins A (1) and B (2), have been isolated from the culture broth of a new endophytic actinomycete belonging to the genus Micromonospora...
- Rhein inhibits interleukin-1 beta-induced activation of MEK/ERK pathway and DNA binding of NF-kappa B and AP-1 in chondrocytes cultured in hypoxia: a potential mechanism for its disease-modifying effect in osteoarthritisGrégoire Martin
Laboratory of Connective Tissue Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Caen Cedex, France
Inflammation 27:233-46. 2003..These results may explain the antiosteoarthritic properties of rhein and its disease-modifying effects on OA cartilage, in spite of absence of inhibition at prostaglandin level...
- Glucose transporter in human glomerular mesangial cells modulated by transforming growth factor-beta and rheinZ H Liu
Research Institute of Nephrology, Jinling Hospital, Nanjing University School of Medicine, Nanjing 210002, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 22:169-75. 2001..To identify GLUT1 in human mesangial cells and its regulation by TGF-beta1 and rhein...
- Oncocalyxones A and C, 1,4-anthracenediones from Auxemma oncocalyx: comparison with anticancer 1,9-anthracenedionesA Leyva
Biomolecular Laboratories, Children s Mercy Hospital, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
Anticancer Res 20:1029-31. 2000....
- Toxicity to sea urchin egg development of the quinone fraction obtained from Auxemma oncocalyxL V Costa-Lotufo
Departamento de Fisiologia e Farmacologia, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade Federal do Ceara, Fortaleza, CE, Brasil
Braz J Med Biol Res 35:927-30. 2002..2 (13.7-19.2) microg/ml, N = 6]. We suggest that this activity is due to the presence of oncocalyxone A. In fact, these quinones present in A. oncocalyx extract have strong toxicity related to their antimitotic activity...
- Chemical constituents isolated from Polygala japonica leaves and their inhibitory effect on nitric oxide production in vitroSeung Hyun Kim
Institute for Life Science, ElcomScience Co Ltd, Seoul, Republic of Korea
J Enzyme Inhib Med Chem 24:230-3. 2009..Five anthraquinones chrysophanol (1), emodin (2), aloe-emodin (3), emodin 8-O-beta-D-glucopyranoside (4) and trihydroxy ..
- Antigenotoxic properties of Cassia tea (Cassia tora L.): mechanism of action and the influence of roasting processChi Hao Wu
Department of Food Science, National Chung Hsing University, 250 Kuokuang, Road, Taichung 40227, Taiwan
Life Sci 76:85-101. 2004..The individual anthraquinone content in extracts of C. tora was measured by HPLC. Three anthraquinones, chrysophanol, emodin and rhein, have been detected under experimental conditions...
- Studies on the synthesis of derivatives of marine-derived bostrycin and their structure-activity relationship against tumor cellsHong Chen
School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Sun Yat Sen University, 135 Xingang West Road, Guangzhou 510275, China
Mar Drugs 10:932-52. 2012..However, these compounds also exhibited cytotoxicity towards MCF-10A cells. The structure-activity relationship (SAR) of bostrycin derivatives was also discussed based on the obtained experimental data...
- NSC746364, NSC746365, and NSC746366: the spectra of cytotoxicity and molecular correlates of response to telomerase activityHsu Shan Huang
School of Pharmacy, National Defense Medical Center, Neihu, Taipei 114, Taiwan
Anticancer Drugs 21:169-80. 2010..The unique molecular characterization, cytotoxicity, and telomerase activity profiles warrant further investigation and indicate a potential novel mechanism of anticancer action involved...
- Synthesis and structure-activity correlations of the cytotoxic bifunctional 1,4-diamidoanthraquinone derivativesHsu Shan Huang
School of Pharmacy, National Defense Medical Center, PO Box 90048 508, Neihu 114 Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Bioorg Med Chem 12:6163-70. 2004..We have previously described a series of 1,5- and 1,4-difunctionalized anthraquinones, which exhibit different spectra of potency, together with human telomerase evaluation...
- Anti-angiogenic activity of a small molecule STAT3 inhibitor LLL12Hemant K Bid
Center for Childhood Cancer, Nationwide Children s Hospital, Columbus, Ohio, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e35513. 2012..STAT3 inhibitors have been shown to reduce tumor microvessel density in tumors but a direct anti-angiogenic activity has not been described...
- New and cytotoxic anthraquinones from Pleospora sp. IFB-E006, an endophytic fungus in Imperata cylindricalH M Ge
Institute of Functional Biomolecules, State Key Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Nanjing University, People s Republic of China
Planta Med 71:1063-5. 2005..Compounds 4 - 6 exhibited significant cytotoxic activity against human colon cancer (SW1116) and leukemia (K562) cell lines while compounds 1, 2 and 7 were only weakly or moderately active...
- Pest-managing activities of plant extracts and anthraquinones from Cassia nigricans from Burkina FasoKambou Georges
INERA Farakoba, Research Laboratory, Bobo Dioulasso, Burkina Faso
Bioresour Technol 99:2037-45. 2008..Bioassay directed isolation of C. nigricans leaf extract yielded anthraquinones emodin, citreorosein, and emodic acid and a flavonoid, luteolin...
- Novel antifungal activity of purpurin against Candida species in vitroKai Kang
Department of Biochemistry, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Med Mycol 48:904-11. 2010....
- Simultaneous determination of five anthraquinones in medicinal plants and pharmaceutical preparations by HPLC with fluorescence detectionDongxiu He
Key Laboratory of Chemical Biology and Traditional Chinese Medicine Research Hunan Normal University, Ministry of Education, Changsha, PR China
J Pharm Biomed Anal 49:1123-7. 2009..liquid chromatography (RP-HPLC) method with fluorescence detection for simultaneous determination of five anthraquinones in Rhubarb collected from nine different locations in China, Polygonum cuspidatum, Polygoni multiflori and ..
- Synthesis and human telomerase inhibition of a series of regioisomeric disubstituted amidoanthraquinonesHsu Shan Huang
School of Pharmacy, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 55:284-92. 2007..These results greatly expand the potential of tricyclic anthraquinone pharmacophore in preventive and/or curative therapy...
- Simultaneous identification and quantification of anthraquinones, polydatin, and resveratrol in Polygonum multiflorum, various Polygonum species, and dietary supplements by liquid chromatography and microscopic study of Polygonum speciesBharathi Avula
National Center for Natural Products Research, Research Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Mississippi, University, MS 38677, USA
J AOAC Int 90:1532-8. 2007..chromatographic (HPLC) method with ultraviolet absorption detection was developed to determine the presence of anthraquinones, polydatin, and resveratrol in Polygonum multiflorum Thunb. as well as other medicinal Polygonum species, viz...
- Anthraquinones from the stem bark of Stereospermum zenkeri with antimicrobial activityBruno N Lenta
Department of Chemistry, Higher Teachers Training College, University of Yaounde 1, Yaounde, Cameroon
Phytochemistry 68:1595-9. 2007Two anthraquinones, zenkequinones A and B were isolated from the stem bark of Stereospermum zenkeri together with known sterequinone-F, p-coumaric acid, sitosterol-3-O-beta-D-glucopyranoside and 3beta-hydroxyolean-12-en-28-O-beta-D-..
- Pharmacokinetics of anthraquinones in Xiexin decoction and in different combinations of its constituent herbsDongming Yan
Laboratory of Pharmacokinetics, Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shanghai 201203, China
Phytother Res 23:317-23. 2009..The aim of this study was to investigate the pharmacokinetic differences of the five anthraquinones in rats after oral administration of XXD and different combinations of its constituent herbs...
- Synthesis, antiproliferative activities and telomerase inhibition evaluation of novel asymmetrical 1,2-disubstituted amidoanthraquinone derivativesChia Chung Lee
Graduate Institute of Life Sciences, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei 114, Taiwan
Eur J Med Chem 47:323-36. 2012..Compound 11 showed broad inhibition against different types of cancer cell lines in the micromolar and submicromolar range...
- A new dihydroxanthenone from a plant-associated strain of the fungus Chaetomium globosum demonstrates anticancer activityE M Kithsiri Wijeratne
Southwest Center for Natural Products Research and Commercialization, Office of Arid Lands Studies, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, The University of Arizona, 250 E Valencia Road, Tucson, AZ 85706 6800, USA
Bioorg Med Chem 14:7917-23. 2006..B (2), two new xanthones, globosuxanthone C (3) and D (4), 2-hydroxyvertixanthone (5), and two known anthraquinones (6 and 7)...
- DRAQ5-based DNA content analysis of hematolymphoid cell subpopulations discriminated by surface antigens and light scatter propertiesConstance M Yuan
Department of Pathology, Shands Hospital, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
Cytometry B Clin Cytom 58:47-52. 2004..We evaluated the ability of this dye to measure cell cycle phases in a variety of clinical hematolymphoid samples...
- Bioreductively activated antitumor N-oxides: the case of AQ4N, a unique approach to hypoxia-activated cancer chemotherapyLaurence H Patterson
Department of Pharmaceutical and Biological Chemistry, School of Pharmacy, University of London, UK
Drug Metab Rev 34:581-92. 2002..Importantly AQ4N is shown to be metabolized by tumors known to express CYP isoforms. AQ4N is currently in Phase I clinical trials...
- Synthesis and antitumor evaluation of symmetrical 1,5-diamidoanthraquinone derivatives as compared to their disubstituted homologuesHsu Shan Huang
School of Pharmacy, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 54:458-64. 2006..We further delineate the nature of the pharmacophore for this class of compounds, which provides a rational basis for the structure-activity relationships...
- Ultrasonic extraction and HPLC determination of anthraquinones, aloe-emodine, emodine, rheine, chrysophanol and physcione, in roots of Polygoni multifloriYue Jiao
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, 285 Old Westport Road, North Dartmouth, MA 02747, USA
Phytochem Anal 20:272-8. 2009..However, the content of the anthraquinones varies among P. multiflori samples with collection season and sites...
- 1H and 13C NMR assignments for two anthraquinones and two xanthones from the mangrove fungus (ZSUH-36)Changlun Shao
School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Sun Yat Sen Zhongshan University, Guangzhou 510275, PR China
Magn Reson Chem 45:434-8. 2007..Variations in the (1)H NMR spectrum of 6,8-di-O-methyl versiconol (1) were also observed in the temperature range 25-75 degrees C. In addition, the plausible biogenetic path from 1 to 2 is discussed...
- In vitro effects of diacerein on NO production by chondrocytes in response to proinflammatory mediatorsN G de Isla
Mécanique et Ingénierie Cellulaire et Tissulaire, UMR CNRS 7563 LEMTA et IFR 111, Faculte de Medecine, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Biomed Mater Eng 18:S99-104. 2008..This effect appeared to result from iNOS transcriptional and/or post-transcriptional events, maybe by the inhibition of the NF-kappaB transcription factor. This paper presents results on the influence of Diacerein on NO production...
- Anthraquinones: analytical techniques as a novel tool to investigate on the triggering of biological targetsMarcello Locatelli
Dipartimento di Scienze del Farmaco, Università degli Studi G d Annunzio Chieti Pescara, Via dei Vestini 31, Chieti CH, Italy
Curr Drug Targets 12:366-80. 2011..In the vast array of bioactive secondary metabolites known up to now, anthraquinones are among the most investigated natural products, in particular for what concerns their mechanism of action...
- Preparation of 1,8-di-O-alkylaloe-emodins and 15-amino-, 15-thiocyano-, and 15-selenocyanochrysophanol derivatives from aloe-emodin and studying their cytotoxic effectsXing Ri Cui
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Josai University
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 56:497-503. 2008..Among these products, several of them exhibited markedly higher potent cytotoxic effects not only on HCT116 cells but also Hep G2 cancer cells as compared to aloe-emodin...
- Analysis of anthraquinones in Rubia tinctorum L. by liquid chromatography coupled with diode-array UV and mass spectrometric detectionGoverdina C H Derksen
Laboratory of Organic Chemistry, Wageningen University, Dreijenplein 8, 6703 HB Wageningen, Netherlands
J Chromatogr A 978:119-27. 2002..LC-diode-array detection and LC-MS provide useful complementary information for the identification of anthraquinones in plant extracts, which was proven with the identification of munjistin and pseudopurpurin.
- Diacerein inhibits the synthesis of resorptive enzymes and reduces osteoclastic differentiation/survival in osteoarthritic subchondral bone: a possible mechanism for a protective effect against subchondral bone remodellingChristelle Boileau
Osteoarthritis Research Unit, University of Montreal Hospital Centre, Notre Dame Hospital, 1560 Sherbrooke Street East, Montreal, Quebec, H2L 4M1, Canada
Arthritis Res Ther 10:R71. 2008..In osteoclasts, we studied MMP-13 and cathepsin K production as well as cell differentiation, proliferation, and survival...
- TOTAL SYNTHESIS OF APOPTOLIDINK Nicolaou; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed work is expected to have significant impact in the area of cancer chemotherapy and should provide enabling technologies and tools for biology and medicine. ..
- APPLICATIONS OF NEW CYCLOADDITIONS TO DRUG SYNTHESISKENDALL HOUK; Fiscal Year: 1980..of the electronic and steric factors controlling regioselectivity and to develop new syntheses of anti-tumor anthraquinones. Studies of stereospecificities in alkylations are designed to provide reliable methods to predict and develop ..
- TOTAL SYNTHESIS OF AZADIRACHTINK Nicolaou; Fiscal Year: 2008..The proposed work is expected to impact the general areas of pharmaceutical and agricultural research, and infectious diseases in particular, through discoveries in synthetic organic chemistry and chemical biology. ..
- Enabling Technologies for Combinatorial ChemistryK Nicolaou; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- SYNTHESIS OF ANTICANCER AGENTSK C Nicolaou; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- TOTAL SYNTHESIS OF NATURAL PRODUCTSK Nicolaou; Fiscal Year: 2002..3] sigmatropic rearrangement and a radical based ring closure to form the bicyclic skeleton. ..
- ENGINEERED BIOSYNTHESIS OF NOVEL MACROLACTONE POLYKETIDEChaitan Khosla; Fiscal Year: 2008..Solution NMR, X-ray crystallographic, and electron microscopy studies on DEBS and its components; and 6. Translating insights from Specific Aims 1-4 to produce selected new macrolides. ..
- Elevated potassium ion in lacrimal fluid and the health of the ocular surfaceJohn Ubels; Fiscal Year: 2009..If the high potassium in tears is important for the health of the ocular surface, this information will be useful in the development of improved treatments for dry eye disease. ..
- Study of velvet gene, veA, in Fusarium verticillioidesAna Calvo; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies will provide an essential foundation on the potential of targeting the conserved fungal regulatory gene veA, to protect food supplies that impact human health. ..
- Compositions for Prevention/Prophylactic Treatment of Poison Ivy DermatitisMahmoud Elsohly; Fiscal Year: 2006..This proposal addresses a major public health problem, namely contact allergic dermatitis and promises the development of an effective agent to address this problem. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Selective Antibody ConjugatesSubhash C Sinha; Fiscal Year: 2010..This strategy has the advantage that only a single antibody is required for a multiplicity of tasks and it taps into the unlimited chemical diversity and the specificity that can be engendered by organic synthesis. ..
- Tongue Volume, Function and BiomechanicsZi Jun Liu; Fiscal Year: 2006..Application of this information will allow understanding of normal tongue functional morphology and to evaluate how tongue volume affects function and craniofacial growth. ..
- Metals and Protein Structure in Protein-Folding DiseasesLisa Miller; Fiscal Year: 2007..Finally, we use the local structure and homogeneity of the in situ metal-protein complex to develop a possible mechanism for the complex formation and toxicity. ..
- Synchrotron-Based Infrared Microscope for Chemical Imaging of DiseaseLisa Miller; Fiscal Year: 2007..This instrument will be unique worldwide. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Initiation and Inhibition of Medial Artery CalcificationPaul Price; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Inhibition of Alzheimer's Beta-Amyloid Fibril FormationDuy Hua; Fiscal Year: 2009..However, soluble oligomeric Abeta showed high neuronal toxicity. Inhibition of the formation of these toxic soluble Abeta oligomers would provide therapeutics for AD. ..
- MINERALIZATION STUDIES RELATED TO ORAL BIOLOGYHARRISON ANDERSON; Fiscal Year: 2005..New knowledge of matrix vesicle calcification can be applied to a broad range of topics including specific diseases in which abnormal calcification occurs. ..
- TERMINAL ENZYMES OF HEME SYNTHESISHarry A Dailey; Fiscal Year: 2010..3.) identify and characterize protein-protein interactions between ferrochelatase and PPO. ..
- MATRIX GLA PROTEIN AND CARTILAGE CALCIFICATIONPaul Price; Fiscal Year: 2001..The investigators will further study the demonstrated ability of MGP to inhibit calcification in supersaturated solutions, and will investigate the ability of MGP to inhibit matrix vesicle -initiated calcification. ..
- THE ROLE OF RETINOIDS IN LACRIMAL GLAND FUNCTIONJohn Ubels; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Transmucosal Intra-Oral Drug Delivery System for THCMahmoud Elsohly; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Asymmetric AminocatalysisSUBHASH SINHA; Fiscal Year: 2003..2) Designing novel aminocatalysts for aldol, Mannich, and Michael reactions. (3) High-throughput screening of aminocatalytic libraries. (4) Synthesizing biologically active natural products and drugs using aminocatalysis. ..
- SPECIFICATION OF FAST AND SLOW MUSCLES IN ZEBRAFISHShao Jun Du; Fiscal Year: 2003..The long-term goal of this study is to elucidate the molecular mechanisms behind determination of muscle-specific cell fate during embryonic development. ..
- New Drugs Targeted to Metastatic Cancer and AngiogenesisTAD KOCH; Fiscal Year: 2003..Hence, tissues remote from the metastatic lesion will only be exposed to low levels of doxorubicin. ..
- Analysis of Lacrimal Gland by Laser MicrodissectionJohn Ubels; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- A Molecular MotorT Kelly; Fiscal Year: 2004..The project should expand the understanding of chemically directed and controlled movement, which is a topic central to the understanding of biological systems. ..
- THE SYNTHESIS OF LACTONAMYCIN AND ANALOGST Kelly; Fiscal Year: 2003..To test, in collaboration with Pfizer Inc., analogs and synthetic intermediates for antibiotic, anticancer and other biological activities. ..
- SYNTHESIS OF BIOLOGICALLY ACTIVE NATURAL PRODUCTSBARRY SNIDER; Fiscal Year: 2009..In the course of these studies new methods will be developed that are of general utility for preparing drugs more economically. ..
- Visibly Caged Bio-active Molecules and PDTPaul Jones; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- RIFAMYCIN BIOSYNTHETIC ANALOGSChaitan Khosla; Fiscal Year: 2003..6) Engineer the rifamycin gene cluster for overproduction of rifamycin B and eventual rifamycin analogs. (7) If necessary, move some of the rifamycin gene cluster into Streptomyces lividans to facilitate aims 4 - 6. ..
- PI/PLC FUNCTION IN PREGNANT RAT MYOMETRIUMMark Phillippe; Fiscal Year: 2002..s. ..
- Thrombin-Stimulated Intrauterine Signaling PathwayMark Phillippe; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies are anticipated to significantly improve our understanding of the mechanisms underlying preterm labor in the presence of intrauterine infection. ..
- Structure-Based Design of HLA-DQ2 LigandsChaitan Khosla; Fiscal Year: 2005..More generally, it provides a unique opportunity to validate class II MHC proteins as attractive therapeutic targets for autoimmune disorders. ..