Summary: A organochlorophosphate cholinesterase inhibitor that is used as an insecticide for the control of flies and roaches. It is also used in anthelmintic compositions for animals. (From Merck, 11th ed)
Publications170 found, 100 shown here
- Surface-applied insecticide treatments for quarantine control of Japanese beetle, Popillia japonica Newman (Coleoptera: Scarabaeidae), larvae in field-grown nursery plantsJason B Oliver
Tennessee State University, School of Agriculture and Consumer Sciences, Otis L Floyd Nursery Research Center, 472 Cadillac Lane, McMinnville, TN 37110, USA
Pest Manag Sci 65:381-90. 2009..evaluated approved and non-approved (acephate, carbaryl, clothianidin, dinotefuran, halofenozide, thiamethoxam, trichlorfon) preharvest treatments, optimal rates (labeled 1x, 0.3-0...
- Beneficial effect of pine honey on trichlorfon induced some biochemical alterations in miceGokhan Eraslan
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Erciyes, Kayseri, Turkey
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 73:1084-91. 2010..as the control group, while Groups 2, 3 and 4 were administered 1g/kg bw/day pine honey, 180 mg/kg bw/day trichlorfon ( approximately 1/5LD(50)) and 1g/kg bw/day pine honey plus 180 mg/kg bw/day trichlorfon, respectively, by the ..
- Molecular and immunological responses of the giant freshwater prawn, Macrobrachium rosenbergii, to the organophosphorus insecticide, trichlorfonChin Chyuan Chang
Department of Aquaculture, National Pingtung University of Science and Technology, Taiwan, ROC
Aquat Toxicol 130:18-26. 2013b>Trichlorfon is an organophosphorus (OP) insecticide that is used as an agriculture pesticide to destroy insects, a human medicine to combat internal parasites, and an ectoparasiticide in the livestock and aquaculture industries, but ..
- Effects of repeated maternal oral exposure to low levels of trichlorfon on development and cytogenetic toxicity in 3-day mouse embryosYing Tian
Shanghai XinHua Hospital affiliated to Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai Key Laboratory of Children s Environmental Health, 200092 Shanghai, China
Food Chem Toxicol 49:2655-9. 2011b>Trichlorfon is a widely used broad-spectrum agricultural insecticide. Few studies have evaluated the effects of trichlorfon on developing fetuses, especially at early stages of development after low-level maternal exposures...
- Analytical study of trichlorfon residues in Kaki fruit and cauliflower samples by liquid chromatography-electrospray tandem mass spectrometrySusana Grimalt
Research Institute for Pesticides and Water, University Jaume I, E 12071 Castellon, Spain
J Agric Food Chem 54:1188-95. 2006A detailed analytical study on trichlorfon residues in selected vegetables samples has been carried out, focused on the reliable quantification and confirmation of this compound, and on stability of residues under storage...
- Acute hemolysis caused by incidental trichlorfon exposureMing Ling Wu
Division of Clinical Toxicology, Department of Medicine, Taipei Veterans General Hospital and National Yang Ming University School of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan, R O C
J Chin Med Assoc 72:214-8. 2009b>Trichlorfon (o-o-dimethyl-2,2,2-trichloro-hydroxyethylphosphate), an organophosphate, has a moderately potent anticholinesterase activity...
- Expression characteristics of potential biomarker genes in Tra catfish, Pangasianodon hypophthalmus, exposed to trichlorfonAmit Kumar Sinha
Laboratory for Ecophysiology, Biochemistry and Toxicology, University of Antwerp, 2020 Antwerp, Belgium
Comp Biochem Physiol Part D Genomics Proteomics 5:207-16. 2010b>Trichlorfon (TRC) is the most common organophosphorous insecticide used in aquaculture practices in Southeast Asian countries...
- The effect of trichlorfon and methylazoxymethanol on the development of guinea pig cerebellumAnna Mehl
Norwegian Defense Research Establishment, Division for Protection and Material, Kjeller, Norway
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 219:128-35. 2007The pesticide trichlorfon (125 mg/kg on days 42-44 in gestation) gives hypoplasia of the brain of the offspring without any significant reduction in their body weights...
- Toxic effects of chemical pesticides (trichlorfon and dimehypo) on Dunaliella salinaHui Chen
College of Food and Bioengineering, South China University of Technology, Guangzhou, China
Chemosphere 84:664-70. 2011..green alga of environmental tolerance, was employed as test organism to investigate the toxicity effects of trichlorfon and dimehypo widely used in agriculture and veterinary as pesticides...
- In vitro reactivation of trichlorfon-inhibited butyrylcholinesterase using HI-6, obidoxime, pralidoxime and K048Miroslav Pohanka
Faculty of Military Health Sciences, Center of Advanced Studies, University of Defence, Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
J Enzyme Inhib Med Chem 24:680-3. 2009b>Trichlorfon is a specific inhibitor of cholinesterases. It was typically used as an insecticide; however, trichlorfon was described as useful for symptomatic treatment of Alzheimer's disease some years ago...
- Effect of a treatment with eprinomectin or trichlorfon on the yield and quality of milk produced by multiparous dairy cowsM Reist
Institute of Animal Science, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Zurich
Vet Rec 151:377-80. 2002..Hypoderma species-endemic area in western Switzerland; 357 of the cows were treated with eprinomectin, 252 with trichlorfon, and 133 were left untreated...
- Effects of trichlorfon on progesterone production in cultured human granulosa-lutein cellsXia Hong
Key Laboratory of Reproductive Medicine of Jiangsu Province, Institute of Toxicology, Nanjing Medical University, 140 Hanzhong Road, Nanjing 210029, PR China
Toxicol In Vitro 21:912-8. 2007b>Trichlorfon, a widely used organophophorus pesticide, has been reported to disrupt reproductive function in human and animal. However, the mechanisms have not been clearly elucidated...
- Trichlorfon-induced apoptosis in hepatocyte primary cultures of Carassius auratus gibelioWei Na Xu
College of Animal Science and Technology, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing 210095, China
Chemosphere 77:895-901. 2009b>Trichlorfon, an organophosphorus pesticide, can disrupt metabolism, reproduction and immune functions of some aquatic animals...
- Trichlorfon, an organophosphorus insecticide, depresses the immune responses and resistance to Lactococcus garvieae of the giant freshwater prawn Macrobrachium rosenbergiiChin Chyuan Chang
Institute of Tropical Agriculture, National Pingtung University of Science and Technology, Pingtung 912, Taiwan, ROC
Fish Shellfish Immunol 20:574-85. 2006..2+/-2.1 g) were individually reared in water containing concentrations of trichlorfon of 0, 0.2, or 0.4 mg L(-1) for a 144-h period...
- Bioconcentration of trichlorfon insecticide in pacu (Piaractus mesopotamicus)Ruy Bessa Lopes
Laboratorio de Ecotoxicologia, Centro de Energia Nuclear na Agricultura, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Cx 96, 13400 970, Piracicaba, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Chemosphere 64:56-62. 2006..This research work investigated the bioconcentration of trichlorfon [phosphonic acid, (2,2,2-trichloro-1-hydroxyethyl)-dimethyl ester] insecticide in pacu under fish ponds culture ..
- Trichlorfon effects on mouse oocytes following in vivo exposureRoberto Ranaldi
Section of Toxicology and Biomedical Sciences, ENEA CR Casaccia, Via Anguillarese 301, I 00123 Rome, Italy
Mutat Res 651:125-30. 2008b>Trichlorfon (TCF) is a widely used pesticide, which according to some epidemiological and experimental data, is suspected of being aneugenic in human and mouse cells...
- The effect of trichlorfon on acetylcholinesterase activity and histopathology of cultivated fish Oreochromis niloticusA T B Guimarães
Department de Zoologia, Universidade Federal do Paraná Setor de Ciências Biológicas Centro Politécnico CEP 81531 990 Curitiba, Parana, Brazil
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 68:57-62. 2007..g., trichlorfon)...
- Trichlorfon predisposes to aneuploidy and interferes with spindle formation in in vitro maturing mouse oocytesSuna Cukurcam
Institute of Genetechnology Microbiology, Faculty of Biology, University of Bielefeld, D 33501 Bielefeld, Germany
Mutat Res 564:165-78. 2004The pesticide trichlorfon (TCF) has been implicated in human trisomy 21, and in errors in chromosome segregation at male meiosis II in the mouse...
- Organophosphate induced delayed neuropathy in genetically dissimilar chickens: studies with tri-ortho-cresyl phosphate (TOCP) and trichlorfonGeorgino Honorato de Oliveira
Department of Natural Active Principles and Toxicology, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences UNESP, Araraquara, SP, Brazil
Toxicol Lett 136:143-50. 2002..Babcock chickens were treated with 800 mg/kg tri-ortho-cresyl phosphate (TOCP) or 80 mg/kg trichlorfon. The TOCP group had 82% Br...
- Dissociable effects of acetylcholinesterase inhibitors and phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors on object recognition memory: acquisition versus consolidationJos Prickaerts
Department of Psychiatry and Neuropsychology, Brain and Behavior Institute, Maastricht University, PO Box 616, 6200 MD, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 177:381-90. 2005..Phosphodiesterase enzyme type 5 (PDE5) inhibitors and acetylcholinesterase (AChE) inhibitors have cognition-enhancing properties. However, it is not known whether these drug classes affect the same memory processes...
- Methanol: toxicity of the solvent in a commercial product should also be consideredH Kinoshita
Hum Exp Toxicol 24:663-4. 2005
- [A case of hemolytic anemia induced by dipterex]Chong hai Liu
Zhonghua Er Ke Za Zhi 41:765. 2003
- Changes in neuronal acetylcholinesterase gene expression and division of labor in honey bee coloniesM Shapira
Department of Biological Chemistry, The Life Sciences Institute, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Givat Ram
J Mol Neurosci 17:1-12. 2001....
- Cloning, mutagenesis, and expression of the acetylcholinesterase gene from a strain of Musca domestica; the change from a drug-resistant to a sensitive enzymeChung Sei Kim
School of Agricultural Biotechnology, Seoul National University, Suwon 441 744, Korea
Mol Cells 15:208-15. 2003..In addition to these residues, Glu-234 and Ala-236 in the conserved sequence FGESAG are thought to play a role in modulating sensitivity to organophosphorus insecticides...
- The effects of long-term treatment with metrifonate, a cholinesterase inhibitor, on cholinergic activity, amyloid pathology, and cognitive function in APP and PS1 doubly transgenic miceL Liu
Department of Neuroscience and Neurology, University of Kuopio, Kuopio, Finland
Exp Neurol 173:196-204. 2002..Our results do not support the idea that ChEIs would slow down the progression of amyloid pathology in Alzheimer's disease...
- Trafficking of the muscarinic m2 autoreceptor in cholinergic basalocortical neurons in vivo: differential regulation of plasma membrane receptor availability and intraneuronal localization in acetylcholinesterase-deficient and -inhibited miceMarion Decossas
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Unite Mixte de Recherche 5541, Laboratoire d Histologie Embryologie, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
J Comp Neurol 462:302-14. 2003..The increase of m2R at the membrane of axonal varicosities after chronic stimulation suggest modulation of presynaptic cholinergic activity, including neurotransmitter release...
- Trombidiosis in cats caused by the bite of the larval trombiculid mite Helenicula miyagawai (Acari: Trombiculidae)M Takahashi
Kawagoe Sogo Senior High School, Kosenba machi, Kawagoe, Saitama 350 0036, Japan
Vet Rec 154:471-2. 2004
- The selective 5-HT6 receptor antagonist Ro4368554 restores memory performance in cholinergic and serotonergic models of memory deficiency in the ratCindy K J Lieben
Department of Psychiatry and Neuropsychology, Division of Neuroscience, University of Maastricht, PO Box 616, 6200 MD Maastricht, The Netherlands
Neuropsychopharmacology 30:2169-79. 2005....
- Residues of trichlorfon and its metabolite dichlorvos in olive, oil, waste waterA Leandri
Plant Pathology Research Institute, Via C G Bertero 22, 00156 Rome, Italy
Commun Agric Appl Biol Sci 68:875-83. 2003
- Effects of acute and repeated administration of a cholinesterase inhibitor on timing behaviourPascale C Bouger
CNS Research, Bayer AG, Aprather Weg 18a, D 42096 Wuppertal, Germany
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 14:285-94. 2004..Furthermore, SET does not appear to be an appropriate tool for analysing the acquisition of timing behaviour...
- Acute and chronic acetylcholinesterase inhibition regulates in vivo the localization and abundance of muscarinic receptors m2 and m4 at the cell surface and in the cytoplasm of striatal neuronsIsabel Liste
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Unite Mixte de Recherche 5541, Laboratoire d Histologie Embryologie, 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Mol Cell Neurosci 20:244-56. 2002..These results suggest that the membrane abundance and intraneuronal distribution of neurotransmitter receptors are modified following drug treatment with specificity depending on the nature and the duration of treatment...
- [Sudden death in organophosphoric poisoning--an unaccountable pathophysiologic mechanism?]O Petris
Universitatea de Medicină şi Farmacie Gr T Popa, Facultatea de Medicina, Clinica Medicală a Spitalului de Urgente
Rev Med Chir Soc Med Nat Iasi 108:325-8. 2004..Sudden death related in literature to appear in IV-th - VIII-th day from organophosphoric intoxication does not have an unanimous accepted physiopathologic explanation...
- Effect of subchronic administration of metrifonate, rivastigmine and donepezil on brain acetylcholine in aged F344 ratsC Scali
Department of Preclinical and Clinical Pharmacology, University of Florence, Viale Pieraccini 6, I 50139 Florence, Italy
J Neural Transm 109:1067-80. 2002..In conclusion, chronic treatment of aging rats with metrifonate, rivastigmine and donepezil induces a long-lasting increase in acetylcholine levels, and reveals marked differences between the three drugs...
- Comparison of cholinesterase activities in the excretion-secretion products of Trichinella pseudospiralis and Trichinella spiralis muscle larvaeR M Ros-Moreno
Laboratory of Parasitology, Dpt Microbiology and Parasitology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Alcala, Crtra Madrid Barcelona km 33, 28871 Alcala de Henares, Madrid, Spain
Parasite 9:153-9. 2002..pseudospiralis ESP. The drug inhibits in part this activity. Moreover Neguvón (metrifonate) showed a high activity against the T. pseudospiralis viability...
- Spatial discrimination deficits by excitotoxic lesions in the Morris water escape taskL Spowart-Manning
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin 2, Ireland
Behav Brain Res 156:269-76. 2005..It is concluded that the rat with bilateral EC lesions is a suitable deficit model for the assessment of effects of putative Alzheimer therapeutics...
- Pharmacological and molecular enhancement of learning in aging and Alzheimer's diseaseJohn F Disterhoft
Department of Physiology and Institute for Neuroscience, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, 303 E Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 3008, USA
J Physiol Paris 99:180-92. 2006....
- Effects of metrifonate on the hippocampal theta rhythm of freely moving intact and MS-lesioned miceS Ikonen
Department of Neuroscience and Neurology and the University Hospital, University of Kuopio, P.O. Box 1627, 70211, Kuopio, Finland
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 69:165-72. 2001..These data suggest that improved spatial learning by the cholinesterase inhibitor metrifonate is unrelated to its effects on the hippocampal EEG. These two effects may be mediated through different muscarinic receptor subtypes...
- Determination of trace trichlorfon by high performance liquid chromatography with UV detection based on its catalytic effect on sodium perborate oxidizing benzidineHai Zhen Zhu
College of Science, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing, Jiangsu Province 210095, People s Republic of China
Anal Chim Acta 584:166-71. 2007b>Trichlorfon has the capacity to catalyze the oxidation of benzidine (4,4'-diamino-biphenyl) to 4-amino-4'-nitro biphenyl in the presence of sodium perborate. The product of the catalyzed reaction was validated by LC-MS method...
- Residue levels of captan and trichlorfon in field-treated kaki fruits, individual versus composite samples, and after household processingM L Fernandez-Cruz
Departamento de Proteccion Vegetal, Instituto Nacional de Investigacion y Tecnologia Agraria y Alimentaria INIA, Carretera de la Coruña Km 7 5, E 28040 Madrid, Spain
Food Addit Contam 23:591-600. 2006The dissipation of residue levels of captan and trichlorfon in field-treated kaki crops was studied according to good laboratory practices to propose maximum residue limits (MRLs)...
- Effects of trichlorfon on malondialdehyde and antioxidant system in human erythrocytesBetul Karademir Catalgol
Department of Pharmaceutical Toxicology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Toxicol In Vitro 21:1538-44. 2007..The aim of this study was to examine the potency of trichlorfon, an organophosphate insecticide, to induce oxidative stress response in human erythrocytes in vitro...
- Metrifonate decreases sI(AHP) in CA1 pyramidal neurons in vitroJ M Power
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611-3008, USA
J Neurophysiol 85:319-22. 2001..The functional consequences of metrifonate administration are apparently mediated solely through modulation of the sI(AHP)...
- Metrifonate in healthy volunteers: interrelationship between pharmacokinetic properties, cholinesterase inhibition and side-effectsY Aden Abdi
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Karolinska Institute, Huddinge University Hospital, Sweden
Bull World Health Organ 68:731-6. 1990..This study shows that the absorption of metrifonate was not significantly different for doses between 2.5 and 15 mg/kg. The plasma levels of this drug correlated with the occurrence of side-effects...
- Cognitive and metabolic responses to metrifonate therapy in Alzheimer diseaseM S Mega
Department of Neurology, University of California at Los Angeles School of Medicine, 90095-1769, USA
Neuropsychiatry Neuropsychol Behav Neurol 14:63-8. 2001..CONCLUSION: The clinical benefits observed in AD with cholinesterase inhibitor therapy are associated with a metabolic increase of heteromodal cognitive and medial temporal networks...
- Efficacy of metrifonate in improving the psychiatric and behavioral disturbances of patients with Alzheimer's diseaseJ L Cummings
Reed Neurological Research Center, University of California at Los Angeles, 90095-1769, USA
J Geriatr Psychiatry Neurol 14:101-8. 2001..Metrifonate significantly reduced many of the psychiatric and behavioral symptoms of AD. The observations suggest that enhancement of cholinergic functions in AD has beneficial effects on behavior...
- [The use of probit-method for an estimation of toxic effects of combined toxicants at low concentration levels]N A Loshadkin
Military University of Radiation, Chemical and Biological Defense Dept of Defense of Russian Federation, Moscow
Radiats Biol Radioecol 43:337-40. 2003....
- [Inhibition of in vitro translation of esterase mRNA of dipterex-resistant mosquito (Culex pipiens pallens) by antisense nucleic acids]H M Zhu
Department of Etiologic Biology, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai 200433
Zhongguo Ji Sheng Chong Xue Yu Ji Sheng Chong Bing Za Zhi 19:333-5. 2001..CONCLUSION: Antisense oligonucleic acids to the esterase mRNA of dipterex-resistant mosquito could effectively inhibit its in vitro translation...
- Oral pharmacological treatments for parasitic diseases of rainbow trout oncorhynchus mykiss. III. Ichthyobodo necatorJ L Tojo
Department of Microbiology and Parasitology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Universidad de Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Dis Aquat Organ 33:195-9. 1998..piperazine, praziquantel, ronidazole, sulphaquinoxaline, tetramisole, thiophanate, toltrazuril and trichlorfon) were ineffectdive...
- Oral pharmacological treatments for parasitic diseases of rainbow trout Oncorhynchus mykiss. II. Gyrodactylus spJ L Tojo
Department of Microbiology and Parasitology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Universidad de Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Dis Aquat Organ 33:187-93. 1998..parbendazole, piperazine, praziquantel, ronidazole, secnidazole, tetramisole, thiophanate, toltrazuril and trichlorfon) were ineffective. Triclabendazole and nitroscanate completely eliminated the infection...
- Assessing lethal and sub-lethal effects of trichlorfon on different trophic levelsSónia Coelho
CESAM and Department of Biology, University of Aveiro, 3810 193 Aveiro, Portugal
Aquat Toxicol 103:191-8. 2011b>Trichlorfon (TCF) is one of the most used veterinary pharmaceuticals not only to fight infestations but also as a preventive measure worldwide. The high concentrations used generate concerns about environmental and human health...
- Oral pharmacological treatments for parasitic diseases of rainbow trout Oncorhynchus mykiss. I: Hexamita salmonisJ L Tojo
Department of Microbiology and Parasitology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Universidad de Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Dis Aquat Organ 33:51-6. 1998..bithionol, febantel, flubendazole, levamisole, netobimin, niclosamide, nitroxynil, oxibendazole, parbendazole, piperazine, praziquentel, tetramisole, thiophanate, toltrazuril, trichlorfon and triclabendazole) were not effective.
- Organophosphate-induced delayed polyneuropathyMarcello Lotti
Department of Environmental Medicine and Public Health, University of Padua, Padova, Italy
Toxicol Rev 24:37-49. 2005..pesticide poisoning, particularly when caused by chlorpyrifos, dichlorvos, isofenphos, methamidophos, mipafox, trichlorfon, trichlornat, phosphamidon/mevinphos and by certain carbamates...
- Acute small intestinal obstruction associated with Parascaris equorum infection in young horses: 25 cases (1985-2004)N C Cribb
Department of Clinical Studies, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada N1G 2W1
N Z Vet J 54:338-43. 2006....
- Evaluation of androgen receptor transcriptional activities of some pesticides in vitroLi Chun Xu
The Department of Public Health, Xuzhou Medical College, 84 West Huai hai Road, Xuzhou, Jiangsu 221002, China
Toxicology 243:59-65. 2008..It is suggested that parathion possesses the highest activity, and permethrin and cypermethrin acted as poor antiandrogens. The present study provides insight into the mechanism of the pesticides...
- Toxicity of insecticides to the sweetpotato whitefly (Hemiptera: Aleyrodidae) and its natural enemiesLeandro Bacci
Department of Animal Biology, Federal University of Vicosa, Vicosa, MG 36570 000, Brazil
Pest Manag Sci 63:699-706. 2007..The present results suggest that abamectin at 100% FR may decrease B. tabaci field populations but can still be harmless to predators. Implications of these results within an integrated pest management context are discussed...
- Air pollution and young children's inhalation exposure to organophosphorus pesticide in an agricultural community in JapanJunko Kawahara
Department of Environmental System Institute of Environmental Studies, Graduate School of Frontier Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Japan
Environ Int 31:1123-32. 2005..b>Trichlorfon and fenitrothion, applied in two separate periods, were frequently detected from outdoor and indoor air...
- Incident diabetes and pesticide exposure among licensed pesticide applicators: Agricultural Health Study, 1993-2003M P Montgomery
Epidemiology Branch, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Am J Epidemiol 167:1235-46. 2008..They found seven specific pesticides (aldrin, chlordane, heptachlor, dichlorvos, trichlorfon, alachlor, and cyanazine) for which the odds of diabetes incidence increased with both ever use and cumulative ..
- Improvement of acetylcholinesterase-based assay for organophosphates in way of identification by reactivatorsMiroslav Pohanka
Center of Advanced Studies, Faculty of Military Health Sciences, University of Defence, Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
Talanta 77:451-4. 2008..We have chosen four organophosphates: paraoxon-ethyl, paraoxon-methyl, trichlorfon, methamidophos as representative pesticides and the three most available reactivators: HI-6, obidoxime, ..
- p-Nitro-N-propylaniline/silica: synthesis, characterization, and its application in matrix solid phase dispersion for multiresidue analysis of pesticides in carrotsFernanda Contieri Abad
Laboratório de Química Analítica Ambiental e Oleoquímica, Instituto de Quimica, UFRGS, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
J Sep Sci 30:2109-16. 2007..Concentrations of the last three pesticides were above the European MRL in one of the commercial samples...
- Identification of alternatives for the management of foliar nematodes in floricultureGanpati B Jagdale
Department of Entomology, Ohio State University, Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center, Wooster, OH 44691, USA
Pest Manag Sci 58:451-8. 2002..the population of A fragariae in the soil 45 days after treatment (DAT), only diazinon 475 g liter-1 EC, trichlorfon 800 g kg-1 SP, ethoprophos 100 g kg-1 GR, oxamyl 100 g kg-1 GR and ZeroTol caused over 70% reduction in ..
- Optimum conditions for detecting hepatic micronuclei caused by numerical chromosome aberration inducers in miceMiyuki Igarashi
Drug Safety Research Laboratory, R and D Division, Daiichi Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd 16 13, Kita Kasai 1 Chome, Edogawa ku, Tokyo 134 8630, Japan
Mutat Res 632:89-98. 2007..v.), diazepam (3.13-25mg/kg, i.v.), noscapine (7.8-62.5mg/kg, i.v.), paclitaxel (1-100mg/kg, i.v.) or trichlorfon (18.75-150mg/kg, i.v...
- Selectivity of pesticides used in integrated apple production to the lacewing, Chrysoperla externaAlexandre Pinho Moura
Department of Entomology and Phytopathology Institute of Biology, Universidade Federal Rural do Rio de Janeiro UFRRJ, 23890 000 Seropédica, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
J Insect Sci 10:121. 2010..8 g a.i. L-1), fenitrothion 500 CE (0.75 g a.i. L-1), methidathion 400 CE (0.4 g a.i. L-1), and trichlorfon 500 SC (1.5 g a.i...
- [Toxicity of pesticides recommended in the integrated apple production (IAP) to populations of Chrysoperla externa (Hagen) (Neuroptera: Chrysopidae)]Alexandre P Moura
Department Entomologia e Fitopatologia, Instituto de Biologia, University Federal Rural do Rio de Janeiro, Seropedica, RJ, 23890 000
Neotrop Entomol 38:395-404. 2009..work was to evaluate the effects of the pesticides abamectin, carbaryl, fenitrothion, methidathion, sulphur and trichlorfon on eggs of two Chrysoperla externa (Hagen) populations, as well as on the subsequent developmental stages and ..
- Comparative organophosphate-induced effects observed in adult and neonatal Sprague-Dawley rats during the conduct of multigeneration toxicity studiesA B Astroff
Bayer Corporation, Toxicology Department Stilwell, Kansas 17745, USA
Reprod Toxicol 12:619-45. 1998Five organophosphates: tribufos, oxydemeton-methyl, fenamiphos, coumaphos, and trichlorfon were evaluated for their potential to produce reproductive and neonatal toxicity following continuous dietary exposure during multigenerational ..
- The dissipation rates of trichlorfon and its degradation product dichlorvos in cabbage and soilWei Li
State Key Laboratory of Integrated Management of Pest Insects and Rodents, Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100101, PR China
Chemosphere 82:829-33. 2011The residual levels and dissipation rate of trichlorfon, and its degradation product, dichlorvos, in cabbage crops and the soil in which these were grown, were determined by gas chromatography at two geographically distant experimental ..
- Multiple resistance of gastrointestinal nematodes to nine different drugs in a sheep flock in southern BrazilAlfredo Skrebsky Cezar
Departamento de Medicina Veterinária Preventiva DMVP, Centro de Ciências Rurais CCR, Universidade Federal de Santa Maria UFSM, 97105 900 Santa Maria, RS, Brazil
Vet Parasitol 173:157-60. 2010..The genera Haemonchus spp., Trichostrongylus spp. and Ostertagia spp. had various degrees of resistance (or natural tolerance) to each of the drug treatments...
- Pressurized capillary electrochromatography with indirect amperometric detection for analysis of organophosphorus pesticide residuesWeimin Wu
College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Fuzhou University, 350108, China
Analyst 135:2150-6. 2010..of six OPPs, namely, dimethoate, methyl parathion, ethyl parathion, chlorpyrifos, chlorpyrifos-methyl, trichlorfon. The OPPs could be separated within 15 min and determined with the detection limits ranging from 0.008 to 0...
- Topical treatment of tungiasis: a randomized, controlled trialJ Heukelbach
Mandacaru Foundation, Rua José Vilar de Andrade 257, Fortaleza, CE 60833 830, Brazil
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 97:743-9. 2003..Further studies are needed to optimise the doses and administration of these compounds...
- Changes of C-reactive protein levels in rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) sera after exposure to anti-ectoparasitic chemicals used in aquacultureHiroshi Kodama
Laboratory of Veterinary Immunology, Course of Veterinary Science, Graduate School of Agriculture and Biological Science, Osaka Prefecture University, Sakai, Osaka 599 8531, Japan
Fish Shellfish Immunol 16:589-97. 2004..5-19.5 degrees C showed significantly higher CRP levels than those reared at 13 degrees C. Measurement of CRP levels in trout serum can be used as a bioindicator of the health condition of the fish...
- Peroxinectin gene transcription of the giant freshwater prawn Macrobrachium rosenbergii under intrinsic, immunostimulant, and chemotherapeutant influencesChun Hung Liu
Department of Aquaculture, National Pingtung University of Science and Technology, Pingtung 91201, Taiwan, ROC
Fish Shellfish Immunol 22:408-17. 2007..alginate, and were exposed to different concentrations of copper sulphate, benzalkonium chloride (BKC), and trichlorfon. Results showed that PE mRNA expression of prawns was the highest in stage A, significantly decreased in stage ..
- Acetylcholinesterase biosensor based on Prussian blue-modified electrode for detecting organophosphorous pesticidesXia Sun
School of Agriculture and Food Engineering, Shandong University of Technology, Zibo, Shandong Province, PR China
Biosens Bioelectron 25:2611-4. 2010..The detection limits were found to be 2.5 ng l(-1) for dichlorvos, 15 ng l(-1) for omethoate, 5 ng l(-1) for trichlorfon and 10 ng l(-1) for phoxim...
- Metrifonate in the control of urinary schistosomiasis in ZanzibarA F Mgeni
Schistosomiasis Unit, Ministry of Health, Zanzibar, United Republic of Tanzania
Bull World Health Organ 68:721-30. 1990..3% egg-negative rate was observed. Thus, selective population chemotherapy with metrifonate was shown to reduce the prevalence and intensity of infection due to S. haematobium over a 24-month period...
- [Stepwise behavioral responses of the Japanese medaka under the joint stress of two organophosphorus pesticides]Yong Liu
College of Life Science, Shandong Normal University, Ji nan 250014, China
Huan Jing Ke Xue 31:1328-32. 2010..responses of Japanese medaka (Oryzias latipes) under the joint stress of two organphosphorus pesticides (Trichlorfon and Parathion) were discussed...
- [Invasion of Dermanyssus gallinae (De Geer, 1778) in poultry farms in the Toruń region]A R Wójcik
Zakład Higieny Weterynaryjnej, Pracownia Parazytologiczna, Torun
Wiad Parazytol 46:511-5. 2000..36,000 PLN in a single production cycle. To fight the parasite effectively, cleansing frequency, desinfecting with Wirkon and Pollena Jod K or caustic soda, and disinsectization with Neguvon and Alfasep 10WP were increased...
- Study on the interaction of catalase with pesticides by flow injection chemiluminescence and molecular dockingXijuan Tan
Key Laboratory of Synthetic and Natural Functional Molecule Chemistry of Ministry of Education, College of Chemistry and Material Science, Northwest University, 229 North Taibai Road, Xi an 710069, China
Chemosphere 108:26-32. 2014..It was also found that the lgK values of pesticides to CAT increased regularly with increasing lgP, Mr, MR and MV, suggesting that the hydrophobicity and steric property of pesticide played essential roles in its binding to CAT...
- Cardio-respiratory function and oxidative stress biomarkers in Nile tilapia exposed to the organophosphate insecticide trichlorfon (NEGUVON)Juliana Montovani Thomaz
Department of Physiological Sciences, Federal University of Sao Carlos, Sao Carlos, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 72:1413-24. 2009..oxidative stress and fish antioxidants were analyzed in juvenile Nile tilapia exposed for 96 h to a sublethal trichlorfon (TRC-Neguvon, Bayer) concentration of 0.5 mg L(-1)...
- A matrix solid-phase dispersion method for the extraction of seven pesticides from mango and papayaSandro Navickiene
Departamento de Quimica, Universidade Federal de Sergipe, Av Marechal Rondon s n, Jardim Rosa Elze, 49100 000 Sao Cristovao SE, Brazil
J Chromatogr Sci 48:750-4. 2010A simple and effective extraction method based on matrix solid-phase dispersion was developed to determine trichlorfon, pyrimethanil, methyl parathion, tetraconazole, thiabendazole, imazalil, and tebuconazole in papaya and mango using ..
- In vitro effects of metrifonate on neuronal amyloid precursor protein processing and protein kinase C levelM Pakaski
Alzheimer s Disease Research Centre, University of Szeged, 4 Somogyi St, H 6720, Szeged, Hungary
Brain Res 863:266-70. 2000....
- A consideration of age-dependent differences in susceptibility to organophosphorus and pyrethroid insecticidesL P Sheets
Bayer Corporation, Toxicology, Stilwell, KS, USA
Neurotoxicology 21:57-63. 2000..reproduction studies with rats that were treated with OP insecticides (coumaphos, fenamiphos, tribufos, trichlorfon, or oxydemeton-methyl) through the diet and examined for effects, including cholinesterase (ChE) inhibition...
- [New treatments in dementia]J M Manubens Bertran
Servicio de Neurologia, Hospital Virgen del Camino, Pamplona
Neurologia 14:73-6. 1999..Recent discoveries with the immunization with Abeta-42 of transgenic rats expressing a mutation related to Alzheimer's disease may lead to new possibilities of etiopathogenic treatments...
- Trichlorfon induces apoptosis in SH-SY5Y neuroblastoma cells via the endoplasmic reticulum?Cheng yun Liu
Laboratory of Molecular Toxicology, State Key Laboratory of Integrated Management of Pest Insects and Rodents, Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Datunlu Road, Beijing, PR China
Chem Biol Interact 181:37-44. 2009This study investigated the role of the endoplasmic reticulum pathway in apoptosis induced by trichlorfon in SH-SY5Y human neuroblastoma cells...
- Treating neurocysticercosis medically: a systematic review of randomized, controlled trialsR Salinas
Ministry of Health, Santiago, Chile
Trop Med Int Health 4:713-8. 1999..To summarize the evidence from randomized controlled trials on the effects of cysticidal therapy used for treating human cysticercosis...
- Simultaneous determination of eight pesticide residues in coconut using MSPD and GC/MSMaria Geovânia Dantas Silva
Departamento de Quimica, Universidade Federal de Sergipe, Av Marechal Rondon s no, 49100 000 São Cristóvão, SE, Brazil
Talanta 76:680-4. 2008..determine dimethoate, malathion, lufenuron, carbofuran, 3-hydroxycarbofuran, thiabendazole, difenoconazole and trichlorfon in coconut pulp using gas chromatography-mass spectrometry with selected ion monitoring (GC/MS, SIM)...
- A comparative study on the relationship between various toxicological endpoints in Caenorhabditis elegans exposed to organophosphorus insecticidesP S Rajini
Department of Environmental Health Science, College of Public Health, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia 30602 2102, USA
J Toxicol Environ Health A 71:1043-50. 2008..dimethoate, dichlorvos, dicrotophos, monocrotophos, methamidophos, phosphamidon, omethoate, phosdrin, and trichlorfon-was evaluated in Caenorhabditis elegans using lethality, movement, and acetylcholinesterase (AChE) activity as ..
- [Control of Rhipicephalus sanguineus (Latrielle, 1806) (Acari: Ixodidae) in the kennel of the UFMG Veterinary School, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil]Gustavo F Paz
Escola de Veterinaria, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Av Antonio Carlos 6627, Pampulha, Belo Horizonte, MG
Rev Bras Parasitol Vet 17:41-4. 2008..6% Trichlorfon, 1.0% Coumaphos and 1.0% Cyfluthrin (product 4); only 1 and 4 products showed 100% efficacy. Amitraz (12...
- Effect of glabridin from Glycyrrhiza glabra on learning and memory in miceYong Ming Cui
College of Life Science and Technology, Institute of Resource Biology and Biotechnology, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, P R China
Planta Med 74:377-80. 2008..Therefore, glabridin appears to be a promising candidate for memory improvement and it will be worthwhile to explore the potential of glabridin in the management of Alzheimer patients...
- Nucleic acid sensor for insecticide detectionPratima R Solanki
Biomolecular Electronics and Conducting Polymer Research Group, National Physical Laboratory, Dr K S Krishnan Road, New Delhi 110012, India
J Mol Recognit 21:217-23. 2008..This disposable dsCT-DNA-PANI-ClO(4)/ITO bioelectrode, stable for about 4 months, can be used to detect cypermethrin (0.005 ppm) and trichlorfon (0.01 ppm) in 30 and 60 s, respectively.
- Application timing and efficacy of alternatives for the insecticidal control of Tipula paludosa Meigen (Diptera: Tipulidae), a new invasive pest of turf in the northeastern United StatesDaniel C Peck
Department of Entomology, New York State Agricultural Experiment Station, Cornell University, 630 W North St, Geneva, NY 14456, USA
Pest Manag Sci 64:989-1000. 2008..To develop management recommendations for the Northeast and define opportunities for preventive (autumn) and curative (spring) control, four insecticide trials targeting T. paludosa larvae were conducted over a 2 year period...
- Cloud point extraction and determination of trace trichlorfon by high performance liquid chromatography with ultraviolet-detection based on its catalytic effect on benzidine oxidizingHai Zhen Zhu
College of Food Science and Technology, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing, Jiangsu Province 210095, China
Anal Chim Acta 614:58-62. 20084-Amino-4'-nitrobiphenyl, which is formed by catalytic effect of trichlorfon on sodium perborate oxidizing benzidine, is extracted with a cloud point extraction method and then detected using a high performance liquid chromatography with ..
- Potentiometric biosensors for cholinesterase inhibitor analysis based on mediatorless bioelectrocatalysisA L Ghindilis
Department of Biosensors, Research Center for Molecular Diagnostics and Therapy, Moscow, Russia
Biosens Bioelectron 11:873-80. 1996..The detection limit for trichlorfon analysis is 2 x 10(-13) M. Electrodes remain stable for at least 4 weeks when stored at 277 K.
- Trichlorfon-induced polyploidy and nondisjunction in mouse oocytes from preantral follicle cultureFengyun Sun
Genetechnology Microbiology, Faculty of Biology, University of Bielefeld, Bielefeld, Germany
Mutat Res 651:114-24. 2008b>Trichlorfon (TCF), an organophosphate insecticide and potent inhibitor of choline esterases, was previously shown to induce first meiotic nondisjunction and spindle aberrations in isolated, follicle cell-denuded mouse oocytes maturing in ..
- The effect of levamisole on sheep trachea alone and with trichlorfon combinationEmine Baydan
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Ankara University, Ankara, Turkey
Pak J Biol Sci 11:1152-6. 2008The aim of this study is to determine the effect of levamisole and levamisole-trichlorfon combination on isolated sheep trachea...
- A multicentre, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study to evaluate the efficacy, tolerability and safety of two doses of metrifonate in patients with mild-to-moderate Alzheimer's disease: the MALT studyB Dubois
Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 14:973-82. 1999..Metrifonate is a long-lasting acetylcholinesterase inhibitor being developed for the symptomatic treatment of Alzheimer's disease (AD)...
- Rapid increase in cytosolic calcium ion concentration mediated by acetylcholine receptors in cultured retinal neurons and Müller cellsM Wakakura
Department of Ophthalmology, Kitasato University School of Medicine, Sagamihara, Japan
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 236:934-9. 1998..This study was conducted to detect the presence of muscarinic or nicotinic receptors in cultured retinal neurons and Müller cells...
- [Effects of bagging on the fruit quality in Litchi chinensis fruit and pesticide residues in it]Jianwu Wang
South China Agricultural University, Guangzhou 510642, China
Ying Yong Sheng Tai Xue Bao 14:710-2. 2003..Bagging had no effects on the taste of Litchi chinensis fruit, but might increase the residues of fenpropathrin and trichlorphon. More study should to be carried out to select the suitable pesticides accompanied with bagging techniques...
- Mixed Schistosoma haematobium and S. mansoni infection: effect of different treatments on the serum level of circulating anodic antigen (CAA)N de Jonge
Laboratory of Parasitology, Medical Faculty, University of Leiden, The Netherlands
Acta Trop 48:25-35. 1990..Treatment with metrifonate did not result in a reduction of the CAA titres...
- Experiences of anticholinesterase pesticide poisonings in an Australian tertiary hospitalD M Roberts
Australian National University Medical School, Australian Capital Territory
Anaesth Intensive Care 33:469-76. 2005..of intermediate syndrome were attributed to fenthion and diazinon, and one case of delayed polyneuropathy to trichlorfon. Cholinesterase activities were performed in only 49% of presentations. The overall mortality was 2...
- Biological and chemical control of the Asiatic garden beetle, Maladera castanea (Coleoptera: Scarabaeidae)Albrecht M Koppenhöfer
Department of Entomology, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, USA
J Econ Entomol 96:1076-82. 2003..against third instars in pots, the carbamate insecticide carbaryl was ineffective, whereas the organophosphate trichlorfon provided 71-83% control...
- Study of a molecularly imprinted solid-phase extraction coupled with high-performance liquid chromatography for simultaneous determination of trace trichlorfon and monocrotophos residues in vegetablesXilong Wang
College of Food Science and Engineering, Shandong Agricultural University, Tai an, 271018, P R China
J Sci Food Agric 94:1409-15. 2014..Therefore, it is of great importance to development an accurate and reliable analytical method to prevent their uncontrolled effects on environmental pollution and human health...
- Chemoprophylactic drug trials for treatment of dracunculiasis using the Dracunculus insignis-ferret modelM L Eberhard
Division of Parasitic Diseases, Centers for Disease Control, Atlanta, Georgia 30333
J Helminthol 64:79-86. 1990..It would appear that existing drugs commonly used to treat helminthic infections are poor candidates for use in the campaign to eradicate guinea worm disease...
- Treatment and control of sarcoptic mange: evaluation of treatment of both the pigs and environmentD M Kambarage
Department of Veterinary Medicine and Public Health, Sokoine University of Agriculture, Morogoro, Tanzania
Trop Anim Health Prod 23:59-62. 1991..Post-treatment clinical examination and parasitological evaluation of skin scrapings revealed complete recovery by the end of the second month after initial treatment with no evidence of reinfection for a period of five months...
- Pesticide-contaminated feeds in integrated grass carp aquaculture: toxicology and bioaccumulationJ Pucher
Life Science Center, and Institute of Soil Science and Land Evaluation, Biogeophysics, University of Hohenheim, 70599 Stuttgart, Germany
Dis Aquat Organ 108:137-47. 2014..Grass was spiked with 2 levels of trichlorfon/fenitrothion and fenobucarb. Unspiked grass was used as a control...
- Forebrain-Cerebellar Interaction During LearningJohn Disterhoft; Fiscal Year: 2008..The data gathered here will also be useful for understanding and treating deficits in learning and memory in young and aging persons. ..
- UICC Intl Conference on Familial Cancer--US SupportJohn Mulvihill; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- CANCER AND MORTALITY IN NEUROFIBROMATOSIS BY GENOTYPEJohn Mulvihill; Fiscal Year: 2003..Patterns of mortality and cancer incidence will be compared by NF1 genotype. A longitudinal cohort will be established for subsequent studies. ..
- Oklahoma Planning Grant for Clinical /Translational ScieJohn Mulvihill; Fiscal Year: 2006..Ph.D. and M.S. degrees in Clinical Investigation will be administered by the Graduate College and mentored by active clinical investigators. Ongoing qualitative and quantitative program evaluation will be conducted. ..