Genomes and Genes
Summary: An antibiotic produced by Streptomyces fradiae.
Publications255 found, 100 shown here
- Crosstalk between cytosolic and plastidial pathways of isoprenoid biosynthesis in Arabidopsis thalianaOliver Laule
Torrey Mesa Research Institute, 3115 Merryfield Row, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:6866-71. 2003..The lack of correlation between gene expression patterns and the accumulation of isoprenoid metabolites indicates that posttranscriptional processes may play an important role in regulating flux through isoprenoid metabolic pathways...
- Use of high-density tiling microarrays to identify mutations globally and elucidate mechanisms of drug resistance in Plasmodium falciparumNeekesh V Dharia
Department of Cell Biology, ICND 202, The Scripps Research Institute, North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Genome Biol 10:R21. 2009....
- Fosfomycin/tobramycin for inhalation in patients with cystic fibrosis with pseudomonas airway infectionBruce C Trapnell
Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, OH 45229, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 185:171-8. 2012b>Fosfomycin/tobramycin for inhalation (FTI), a unique, broad-spectrum antibiotic combination, may have therapeutic potential for patients with cystic fibrosis (CF).
- In vitro and in vivo functional activity of Chlamydia MurA, a UDP-N-acetylglucosamine enolpyruvyl transferase involved in peptidoglycan synthesis and fosfomycin resistanceAndrea J McCoy
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, F Edward Hebert School of Medicine, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, Maryland 20814 4799, USA
J Bacteriol 185:1218-28. 2003..In E. coli, the same mutation has previously been shown to cause resistance to fosfomycin, a potent antibiotic that specifically targets MurA...
- Intravenous fosfomycin for the treatment of nosocomial infections caused by carbapenem-resistant Klebsiella pneumoniae in critically ill patients: a prospective evaluationA Michalopoulos
Intensive Care Unit, Henry Dunant Hospital, Athens, Greece
Clin Microbiol Infect 16:184-6. 2010..Adult ICU patients who received intravenous fosfomycin were prospectively examined to assess its safety and effectiveness as an adjunct to the antimicrobial therapy of ..
- Cloning of a gene from Escherichia coli that confers resistance to fosmidomycin as a consequence of amplificationS Fujisaki
Department of Biomolecular Science, Faculty of Science, Toho University, Chiba, Japan
Gene 175:83-7. 1996..These results suggest that Fsr does not have any direct effect on the biosynthesis of isoprenoid in E. coli, and that the mechanism for FsR involves the efflux of the drug by a process that is facilitated by Fsr...
- The methylerythritol phosphate pathway for isoprenoid biosynthesis in coccidia: presence and sensitivity to fosmidomycinMarc Clastre
EA2106 Biomolécules et Biotechnologies Végétales, UFR Sciences Pharmaceutiques, Universite de Tours, 37200 Tours, France
Exp Parasitol 116:375-84. 2007..tenella and T. gondii growth in vitro. The drug was poorly effective even at high concentrations. Thus, both fosmidomycin sensitivity and isoprenoid metabolism differs substantially between apicomplexan species...
- Dxr is essential in Mycobacterium tuberculosis and fosmidomycin resistance is due to a lack of uptakeAmanda C Brown
Institute for Cell and Molecular Science, Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, UK
BMC Microbiol 8:78. 2008..The fact that there is no glpT homologue in the M. tuberculosis genome and the highly impervious nature of the hydrophobic mycobacterial cell wall suggests that resistance may be due to a lack of cellular penetration...
- Effect of fosfomycin alone and in combination with N-acetylcysteine on E. coli biofilmsAnna Marchese
Sezione di Microbiologia, Di S C A T, University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
Int J Antimicrob Agents 22:95-100. 2003Four slime-producing uropathogenic Escherichia coli strains were used to investigate the activity of fosfomycin and N-acetylcysteine (NAC) against biofilms developed on 96-well polystyrene tissue culture plates...
- In vitro activity of fosfomycin against ciprofloxacin-resistant or extended-spectrum beta-lactamase-producing Escherichia coli isolated from urine and bloodKwan Soo Ko
Asian Pacific Research Foundation for Infectious Diseases, Seoul 135 710, Korea
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 58:111-5. 2007In this study, we evaluated the in vitro activity of fosfomycin and 7 other comparator agents against 307 Escherichia coli isolates including ciprofloxacin-resistant or extended-spectrum beta-lactamase (ESBL)-producing isolates...
- Revealing fosfomycin primary effect on Staphylococcus aureus transcriptome: modulation of cell envelope biosynthesis and phosphoenolpyruvate induced starvationMarko Petek
Department of Biotechnology and Systems Biology, National Institute of Biology, Vecna pot 111, Ljubljana, SI 1000, Slovenia
BMC Microbiol 10:159. 2010..b>Fosfomycin is a potent irreversible inhibitor of MurA, an enolpyruvyl transferase that uses phosphoenolpyruvate as ..
- Fosfomycin tromethamine as second agent for the treatment of acute, uncomplicated urinary tract infections in adult female patients in The Netherlands?B J Knottnerus
Department of General Practice, Academic Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Antimicrob Chemother 62:356-9. 2008..The third choice is fosfomycin tromethamine for which no current resistance data from The Netherlands are available...
- Randomized controlled trial of fosmidomycin-clindamycin versus sulfadoxine-pyrimethamine in the treatment of Plasmodium falciparum malariaSunny Oyakhirome
Institute for Tropical Medicine, Department for Parasitology, University of Tubingen, Wilhelmstrasse 27, Tubingen, Germany
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 51:1869-71. 2007..These antimalarials merit further clinical exploration...
- Bisphosphonate inhibitors of Toxoplasma gondi growth: in vitro, QSAR, and in vivo investigationsYan Ling
Laboratory of Molecular Parasitology, Department of Pathobiology and Center for Zoonoses Research, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 2001 South Lincoln Avenue, Urbana, Illinois, 61802, USA
J Med Chem 48:3130-40. 2005..Overall, these results indicate that alkyl bisphosphonates are promising compounds for further development as agents against Toxoplasma gondii growth, in vivo...
- Diaryl ester prodrugs of FR900098 with improved in vivo antimalarial activityA Reichenberg
Jomaa Pharmaka GmbH, Giessen, Germany
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 11:833-5. 2001..One diaryl ester prodrug demonstrated efficacy in mice infected with the rodent malaria parasite Plasmodium vinckei comparable to i.p. drug administration...
- Inhibitors of the nonmevalonate pathway of isoprenoid biosynthesis as antimalarial drugsH Jomaa
Institute of Biochemistry, Academic Hospital Centre, Justus Liebig University, Friedrichstrasse 24, D 35392 Giessen, Germany
Science 285:1573-6. 1999..Both drugs suppressed the in vitro growth of multidrug-resistant P. falciparum strains. After therapy with these drugs, mice infected with the rodent malaria parasite P. vinckei were cured...
- A second target of the antimalarial and antibacterial agent fosmidomycin revealed by cellular metabolic profilingBaichen Zhang
Proteomics and Mass Spectrometry Facility, Donald Danforth Plant Science Center, St Louis, Missouri 63132, United States
Biochemistry 50:3570-7. 2011..This work has validated fosmidomycin as a biological reagent for blocking non-mevalonate isoprenoid metabolism and suggests a second in vivo target for fosmidomycin within isoprenoid biosynthesis, in two evolutionarily diverse pathogens...
- Other antimicrobials of interest in the era of extended-spectrum beta-lactamases: fosfomycin, nitrofurantoin and tigecyclineJ Garau
Department of Medicine, Hospital Mutua de Terrassa, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Clin Microbiol Infect 14:198-202. 2008..The activity and potential use of two old antimicrobials, nitrofurantoin and fosfomycin, and the new compound tigecycline for treatment of infections due to ESBL-producing Enterobacteriaceae, with ..
- Fosfomycin-daptomycin and other fosfomycin combinations as alternative therapies in experimental foreign-body infection by methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureusC Garrigós
Laboratory of Experimental Infection, Infectious Diseases Service, IDIBELL, Hospital Universitari de Bellvitge, Barcelona, Spain
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 57:606-10. 2013The efficacy of daptomycin, imipenem, or rifampin with fosfomycin was evaluated and compared with that of daptomycin-rifampin in a tissue cage model infection caused by methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)...
- Experience with fosfomycin for treatment of urinary tract infections due to multidrug-resistant organismsElizabeth A Neuner
Department of Pharmacy, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 56:5744-8. 2012b>Fosfomycin has shown promising in vitro activity against multidrug-resistant (MDR) urinary pathogens; however, clinical data are lacking...
- Identification and characterization of new inhibitors of the Escherichia coli MurA enzymeE Z Baum
The R W Johnson Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Raritan, New Jersey 08869, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 45:3182-8. 2001..2 to 0.9 microM, compared to 8.8 microM for the known MurA inhibitor, fosfomycin. The three compounds exhibited MICs of 4 to 32 microg/ml against Staphylococcus aureus; however, the inhibition ..
- Antimicrobial activity of fosfomycin and tobramycin in combination against cystic fibrosis pathogens under aerobic and anaerobic conditionsGerard McCaughey
CF and Airways Microbiology Research Group, Queen s University Belfast, United Kingdom
J Cyst Fibros 11:163-72. 2012..There is a need for new antibiotics or combination of antibiotics that possess activity against increasingly resistant cystic fibrosis (CF) respiratory pathogens such as Pseudomonas aeruginosa and MRSA...
- Heterologous production of fosfomycin and identification of the minimal biosynthetic gene clusterRyan D Woodyer
Department of Chemistry, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 600 S Mathews Avenue, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
Chem Biol 13:1171-82. 2006b>Fosfomycin is a clinically utilized, highly effective antibiotic, which is active against methicillin- and vancomycin-resistant pathogens...
- Prevalence of fosfomycin resistance among CTX-M-producing Escherichia coli clinical isolates in Japan and identification of novel plasmid-mediated fosfomycin-modifying enzymesJun ichi Wachino
Department of Bacteriology II, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, 4 7 1 Gakuen, Musashi Murayama, Tokyo 208 0011, Japan
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 54:3061-4. 2010We evaluated the in vitro activity of fosfomycin against a total of 192 CTX-M beta-lactamase-producing Escherichia coli strains isolated in 70 Japanese clinical settings. Most of the isolates (96...
- Synergistic effect of fosfomycin and arbekacin on a methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus-induced biofilm in a rat modelKeiko Morikawa
Division of Clinical Nutrition, Department of Nutrition, Sagami Women s University, 2 1 1 Bunkyo, Sagamihara, Kanagawa 228 8533, Japan
Int J Antimicrob Agents 25:44-50. 2005..model, methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) growing as a biofilm was treated with a combination of fosfomycin (FOM) and arbekacin (ABK) or by the agents alone...
- Kinetics, stoichiometry, and identification of the reactive thiolate in the inactivation of UDP-GlcNAc enolpyruvoyl transferase by the antibiotic fosfomycinJ L Marquardt
Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
Biochemistry 33:10646-51. 1994b>Fosfomycin [(1R,2S)-1,2-epoxypropylphosphonic acid] has been shown to exert its antibiotic effect through the inhibition of UDP-GlcNAc enolpyruvoyl transferase [Kahan, F. M., et al. (1974) Ann. N.Y. Acad. Sci...
- Distinct light-mediated pathways regulate the biosynthesis and exchange of isoprenoid precursors during Arabidopsis seedling developmentManuel Rodriguez-Concepcion
Departament de Bioquimica i Biologia Molecular, Facultat de Quimica, Universitat de Barcelona, 08028 Barcelona, Spain
Plant Cell 16:144-56. 2004....
- Fosfomycin versus other antibiotics for the treatment of cystitis: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trialsMatthew E Falagas
Alfa Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Athens, Greece
J Antimicrob Chemother 65:1862-77. 2010..Cystitis is a common infection. The alarmingly high resistance rates exhibited by contemporary uropathogens necessitate the re-evaluation of old antibiotics...
- Identification of a novel fosfomycin resistance gene (fosA2) in Enterobacter cloacae from the Salmon River, CanadaH Xu
State Key Laboratory of Microbial Technology, Shandong University, Jinan, Shandong, China
Lett Appl Microbiol 52:427-9. 2011To investigate the occurrence of fosfomycin-resistant (fos(R) ) bacteria in aquatic environments.
- Prevalence of acquired fosfomycin resistance among extended-spectrum β-lactamase-producing Escherichia coli and Klebsiella pneumoniae clinical isolates in Korea and IS26-composite transposon surrounding fosA3So Young Lee
Department of Laboratory Medicine, College of Medicine, Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea
J Antimicrob Chemother 67:2843-7. 2012To investigate the prevalence of plasmid-mediated fosfomycin resistance determinants among extended-spectrum β-lactamase (ESBL)-producing Escherichia coli and Klebsiella pneumoniae and their genetic environments.
- Fosfomycin: an old--new antibioticR Raz
Infectious Diseases Unit, Ha Emek Medical Centre, Afula, Israel
Clin Microbiol Infect 18:4-7. 2012b>Fosfomycin is a broad-spectrum antibiotic discovered in Spain in 1969. It has bactericidal activity against a wide range of bacteria, including gram-negative micro-organisms and some gram-positive bacteria, such as staphylococci...
- Fosfomycin: evaluation of the published evidence on the emergence of antimicrobial resistance in Gram-negative pathogensDrosos E Karageorgopoulos
Alfa Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Athens, Greece
J Antimicrob Chemother 67:255-68. 2012b>Fosfomycin has attracted renewed interest for the treatment of lower urinary tract and even systemic infections caused by Gram-negative pathogens with resistance to traditionally used agents...
- Effect of antimicrobial agents, especially fosfomycin, on the production and release of Vero toxin by enterohaemorrhagic Escherichia coli O157:H7M Yoh
Laboratory for Culture Collections, Osaka University, Japan
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 19:57-64. 1997..9%) received antimicrobial agents as treatments, in particular, fosfomycin comprised 84.0% of the prescribed treatment...
- Antibacterial and antitubercular activity of fosmidomycin, FR900098, and their lipophilic analogsEugene Uh
Department of Chemistry, George Washington University, Washington, DC 20052, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 21:6973-6. 2011..Our results show that this strategy can be an effective way for improving whole cell activity of NMP inhibitors...
- Randomized prospective comparison of fosfomycin and cefotiam for prevention of postoperative infection following urological surgeryKazuhiro Ishizaka
Department of Urology, Kanto Central Hospital, 6 25 1 Kamiyoga, Setagaya Ku, Tokyo 158 8531, Japan
J Infect Chemother 13:324-31. 2007A randomized study design was used to compare the efficacy of cefotiam (CTM) and fosfomycin (FOM) for preventing infection associated with urologic surgery...
- Fosmidomycin for malariaMichel A Missinou
Medical Research Unit, Albert Schweitzer Hospital, Lambarene, Gabon
Lancet 360:1941-2. 2002..These data suggest that fosmidomycin is a safe and effective treatment for uncomplicated malaria if given for 4 days or more...
- Fosmidomycin resistance in adenylate cyclase deficient (cya) mutants of Escherichia coliYoshiko Sakamoto
Department of Food Science and Technology, College of Bioresouce Sciences, Nihon University, Fujisawa, Kanagawa, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 67:2030-3. 2003..were found to be resistant to fosmidomycin, a specific inhibitor of the non-mevalonate pathway, just like to fosfomycin. E. coli glpT mutants were resistant to fosfomycin and also to fosmidomycin...
- Two-component system VraSR positively modulates the regulation of cell-wall biosynthesis pathway in Staphylococcus aureusMakoto Kuroda
Bacteriology, Juntendo University, 2 1 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8421, Japan
Mol Microbiol 49:807-21. 2003..aureus showed significant decrease of resistance against teicoplanin, beta-lactam, bacitracin and fosfomycin but not of D-cycloserine and levofloxacin...
- Properties and inhibition of the first two enzymes of the non-mevalonate pathway of isoprenoid biosynthesisC Mueller
Botanical Institute II, University of Karlsruhe, Kaiserstr 12, D 76128 Karlsruhe, Germany
Biochem Soc Trans 28:792-3. 2000..The DXR of plants, isolated from barley seedlings, shows a pH optimum of 8.1, which is typical for enzymes active in the chloroplast stroma...
- 1-Deoxy-D-xylulose 5-phosphate reductoisomerase (IspC) from Mycobacterium tuberculosis: towards understanding mycobacterial resistance to fosmidomycinRakesh K Dhiman
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Pathology, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523, USA
J Bacteriol 187:8395-402. 2005..Thus, M. tuberculosis resistance to fosmidomycin is not due to intrinsic properties of Rv2870c, and the enzyme appears to be a valid drug target in this pathogen...
- In vitro interactions of antimicrobial combinations with fosfomycin against KPC-2-producing Klebsiella pneumoniae and protection of resistance developmentMaria Souli
4th Department of Internal Medicine, Athens University School of Medicine, University General Hospital Attikon, 1 Rimini Str, 124 62 Chaidari, Greece
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 55:2395-7. 2011Using time-kill methodology, we investigated the interactions of fosfomycin with meropenem or colistin or gentamicin against 17 genetically distinct Klebsiella pneumoniae clinical isolates carrying blaKPC-2...
- Biological costs and mechanisms of fosfomycin resistance in Escherichia coliAnnika I Nilsson
Department of Bacteriology, Swedish Institute for Infectious Disease Control, S 171 82 Stockholm, Sweden
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:2850-8. 2003b>Fosfomycin is a cell wall inhibitor used mainly for the treatment of uncomplicated lower urinary tract infections...
- Design, synthesis, and X-ray crystallographic studies of α-aryl substituted fosmidomycin analogues as inhibitors of Mycobacterium tuberculosis 1-deoxy-D-xylulose 5-phosphate reductoisomeraseMounir Andaloussi
Organic Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Uppsala University, Biomedical Center, Box 574, SE 751 23 Uppsala, Sweden
J Med Chem 54:4964-76. 2011....
- Fosfomycin: an old, new friend?M Popovic
Department of Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 29:127-42. 2010b>Fosfomycin (FOM) is an antibiotic which has varying application indications across the globe...
- The MEP pathway: a new target for the development of herbicides, antibiotics and antimalarial drugsM Rodriguez-Concepcion
Department de Bioquimica i Biologia Molecular, Facultat de Quimica, Universidad de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Curr Pharm Des 10:2391-400. 2004..Current efforts should eventually contribute to an effective drug designed to fight against microbial pathogens that show resistance to currently available agents...
- The glycerol-3-phosphate permease GlpT is the only fosfomycin transporter in Pseudomonas aeruginosaAlfredo Castañeda-García
Centro Nacional de Biotecnologia, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Madrid, Spain
J Bacteriol 191:6968-74. 2009b>Fosfomycin is transported into Escherichia coli via both glycerol-3-phosphate (GlpT) and a hexose phosphate transporter (UhpT). Consequently, the inactivation of either glpT or uhpT confers increased fosfomycin resistance in this species...
- Kinetic characterization and phosphoregulation of the Francisella tularensis 1-deoxy-D-xylulose 5-phosphate reductoisomerase (MEP synthase)Safdar Jawaid
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, George Mason University, Manassas, Virginia, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e8288. 2009..tularensis MEP pathway. Overall, our study suggests that MEP synthase is an excellent target for the development of novel antibiotics against F. tularensis...
- Acyloxyalkyl ester prodrugs of FR900098 with improved in vivo anti-malarial activityRegina Ortmann
Department für Pharmazie, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Butenandtstrasse 5 13, D 81377, Munchen, Germany
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 13:2163-6. 2003..The most successful compound demonstrated 2-fold increased activity in mice infected with the rodent malaria parasite Plasmodium vinckei...
- In vitro activity of fosfomycin against blaKPC-containing Klebsiella pneumoniae isolates, including those nonsusceptible to tigecycline and/or colistinAndrea Endimiani
Department of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 54:526-9. 2010In vitro activity of fosfomycin was evaluated against 68 bla(KPC)-possessing Klebsiella pneumoniae (KpKPC) isolates, including 23 tigecycline- and/or colistin-nonsusceptible strains...
- Evaluation of fosmidomycin analogs as inhibitors of the Synechocystis sp. PCC6803 1-deoxy-D-xylulose 5-phosphate reductoisomeraseYoun Hi Woo
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, Pharmacy Bldg Rm 203, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331 3507, USA
Bioorg Med Chem 14:2375-85. 2006..PCC6803 1-deoxy-d-xylulose 5-phosphate reductoisomerase (DXR). Fosfoxacin, the phosphate analog of fosmidomycin, and its acetyl congener were found to be more potent inhibitors of DXR than fosmidomycin...
- Fosfomycin: use beyond urinary tract and gastrointestinal infectionsMatthew E Falagas
Alfa Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Athens, Greece
Clin Infect Dis 46:1069-77. 2008..A search of the literature was performed to compile relevant evidence regarding the effectiveness and safety of fosfomycin for the treatment of patients with gram-positive and/or gram-negative bacterial infections (excluding urinary ..
- Fosfomycin suppresses RS-virus-induced Streptococcus pneumoniae and Haemophilus influenzae adhesion to respiratory epithelial cells via the platelet-activating factor receptorShin Ichi Yokota
Department of Microbiology, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, South 1 West 17, Chuo Ku, Sapporo, Japan
FEMS Microbiol Lett 310:84-90. 2010..b>Fosfomycin, an antimicrobial agent, significantly suppressed PAF receptor induction by RSV infection at the mRNA and cell ..
- Antibacterial activities of a fosfomycin/tobramycin combination: a novel inhaled antibiotic for bronchiectasisDavid L MacLeod
Gilead Sciences, Inc, Seattle, WA 98121, USA
J Antimicrob Chemother 64:829-36. 2009To compare the in vitro and in vivo activities of a 4:1 (w/w) fosfomycin/tobramycin combination (FTI) with those of fosfomycin and tobramycin alone against cystic fibrosis (CF) and non-CF bronchiectasis pathogens.
- A phosphonate-induced gene which promotes Penicillium-mediated bioconversion of cis-propenylphosphonic acid to fosfomycinM Watanabe
Pharmaceutical Technology Laboratories, Meiji Seika Kaisha, Ltd, 788 Kayama, Odawara shi 250, Japan
Appl Environ Microbiol 65:1036-44. 1999Penicillium decumbens is able to epoxidize cis-propenylphosphonic acid (cPA) to produce the antibiotic fosfomycin [FOM; also referred to as phosphonomycin and (-)-cis-1,2-epoxypropylphosphonic acid], a bioconversion of considerable ..
- Role of ciprofloxacin in its synergistic effect with fosfomycin on drug-resistant strains of Pseudomonas aeruginosaSakuo Yamada
Department of Microbiology, Kawasaki Medical School, Okayama, Japan
Chemotherapy 53:202-9. 2007The aim of this study was to investigate the synergistic effect of ciprofloxacin (CPFX) and fosfomycin (FOM) on CPFX-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa strains.
- Antimicrobial susceptibilities of urinary extended-spectrum beta-lactamase-producing Escherichia coli and Klebsiella pneumoniae to fosfomycin and nitrofurantoin in a teaching hospital in TaiwanHsin yi Liu
Department of Internal Medicine, Taipei Medical University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
J Microbiol Immunol Infect 44:364-8. 2011..The role of fosfomycin in the era of growing bacteria resistance has been widely discussed recently...
- Synergy of fosfomycin with other antibiotics for Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteriaAntonia C Kastoris
Alfa Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Athens, Greece
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 66:359-68. 2010..b>Fosfomycin shows no cross-resistance to other antibiotic classes...
- Antimicrobial susceptibility of multidrug-resistant (MDR) and extensively drug-resistant (XDR) Enterobacteriaceae isolates to fosfomycinMatthew E Falagas
Alfa Institute of Biomedical Sciences AIBS, 9 Neapoleos Street, 151 23 Marousi, Athens, Greece
Int J Antimicrob Agents 35:240-3. 2010..We sought to evaluate the in vitro antimicrobial activity of fosfomycin against multidrug-resistant (MDR) Enterobacteriaceae isolates...
- Daptomycin, fosfomycin, or both for treatment of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus osteomyelitis in an experimental rat modelW Poeppl
Department of Internal Medicine I, Division of Infectious Diseases, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 55:4999-5003. 2011The in vivo activities of daptomycin, fosfomycin, and a combination of both antibiotics against a clinical isolate of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (daptomycin MIC, 0.25 μg/ml; fosfomycin MIC, 0...
- Single-dose pharmacokinetics of fosfomycin during continuous venovenous haemofiltrationRainer Gattringer
Department of Internal Medicine I, Division of Infectious Diseases and Chemotherapy, Medical University of Vienna Vienna, Austria
J Antimicrob Chemother 58:367-71. 2006Dosage recommendations for fosfomycin are available for haemodialysed patients but there are no data for patients undergoing continuous renal replacement therapy...
- Disodium-fosfomycin pharmacokinetics and bioavailability in post weaning pigletsA L Soraci
Área Toxicología, Departamento de Fisiopatologia, Facultad de Ciencias Veterinarias, Universidad Nacional del Centro de la Provincia de Buenos Aires, Tandil, Argentina
Res Vet Sci 90:498-502. 2011Disodium-fosfomycin pharmacokinetics has been studied in different species after oral, intravenous, intramuscular and subcutaneous administration...
- [Fosfomycin]M Gobernado
Servicio de Microbiologia, Hospital La Fe, Avda Campanar 21, 46009 Valencia, Spain
Rev Esp Quimioter 16:15-40. 2003b>Fosfomycin is an natural antibiotic with an epoxide structure and low molecular weight which acts in the first stage of peptidoglycan synthesis of the bacterial wall...
- Mechanistic studies of HPP epoxidase: configuration of the substrate governs its enzymatic fateZongbao Zhao
Division of Medicinal Chemistry, College of Pharmacy, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Texas, Austin, TX 78712, USA
Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 41:4529-32. 2002
- Cloning and nucleotide sequence of fosfomycin biosynthetic genes of Streptomyces wedmorensisT Hidaka
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, University of Tokyo, Japan
Mol Gen Genet 249:274-80. 1995The biosynthetic pathway for production of the antibiotic fosfomycin by Streptomyces wedmorensis consists of four steps including the formation of a C-P bond and an epoxide. Fosfomycin production genes were cloned from genomic DNA using S...
- Activity and penetration of fosfomycin, ciprofloxacin, amoxicillin/clavulanic acid and co-trimoxazole in Escherichia coli and Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilmsJose M Rodríguez-Martínez
Int J Antimicrob Agents 30:366-8. 2007
- Structure of UDP-N-acetylglucosamine enolpyruvyl transferase, an enzyme essential for the synthesis of bacterial peptidoglycan, complexed with substrate UDP-N-acetylglucosamine and the drug fosfomycinT Skarzynski
Glaxo Wellcome Research and Development, Medicines Research Centre, Stevenage, UK ts
Structure 4:1465-74. 1996..catalyses the first committed step of bacterial cell wall biosynthesis and is a target for the antibiotic fosfomycin. The only other known enolpyruvyl transferase is 5-enolpyruvylshikimate-3-phosphate (EPSP) synthase, an enzyme ..
- Heteroresistance to fosfomycin is predominant in Streptococcus pneumoniae and depends on the murA1 geneHansjürg Engel
Institute for Infectious Diseases, Faculty of Medicine, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 57:2801-8. 2013b>Fosfomycin targets the first step of peptidoglycan biosynthesis in Streptococcus pneumoniae catalyzed by UDP-N-acetylglucosamine enolpyruvyltransferase (MurA1). We investigated whether heteroresistance to fosfomycin occurs in S...
- Comparative X-ray analysis of the un-liganded fosfomycin-target murAS Eschenburg
Max Planck Institute for Medical Research, Department of Biophysics, Heidelberg, Germany
Proteins 40:290-8. 2000..The homogeneous population with L-isoaspartate in both structures suggests that the modification in Enterobacter cloacae MurA is not a mere aging defect but rather the result of a specific in vivo process...
- [Fosfomycin prescription during production shortage]A Dinh
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hopital Raymond Poincare, AP HP, Universite de Versailles Saint Quentin en Yvelines, 104, Boulevard Raymond Poincare, 92380 Garches, France
Med Mal Infect 38:383-6. 2008The supply of fosfomycin had to be carefully controlled over metropolitan France during 10 weeks because of a unique crisis in production. Three hundred and forty prescriptions were collected and re-examined by an expert committee...
- The Streptomyces-produced antibiotic fosfomycin is a promiscuous substrate for archaeal isopentenyl phosphate kinaseMark F Mabanglo
Department of Chemistry, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Biochemistry 51:917-25. 2012..This enzyme is highly homologous to fosfomycin kinase (FomA), an antibiotic resistance enzyme found in a few strains of Streptomyces and Pseudomonas whose mode ..
- Activities of fosfomycin, tigecycline, colistin, and gentamicin against extended-spectrum-β-lactamase-producing Escherichia coli in a foreign-body infection modelStéphane Corvec
Service of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Lausanne University Hospital, Lausanne, Switzerland
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 57:1421-7. 2013..We compared the activities of fosfomycin, tigecycline, colistin, and gentamicin (alone and in combination) against a CTX-M15-producing strain of ..
- In vitro activity of linezolid in combination with doxycycline, fosfomycin, levofloxacin, rifampicin and vancomycin against methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureusJ M Sahuquillo Arce
Department of Clinical Microbiology, Hospital La Fe, Avda Campanar 21, 46009 Valencia, Spain
Rev Esp Quimioter 19:252-7. 2006..to investigate the in vitro effects of linezolid combined with five antistaphylococcal antibiotics--doxycycline, fosfomycin, levofloxacin, rifampicin and vancomycin--upon methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureus (MSSA)...
- Fosfomycin for the treatment of multidrug-resistant, including extended-spectrum beta-lactamase producing, Enterobacteriaceae infections: a systematic reviewMatthew E Falagas
Alfa Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Athens, Greece
Lancet Infect Dis 10:43-50. 2010..We evaluated the evidence on fosfomycin as a treatment option for infections caused by members of the family Enterobacteriaceae with advanced resistance ..
- Crystal structure of UDP-N-acetylglucosamine enolpyruvyl transferase from Haemophilus influenzae in complex with UDP-N-acetylglucosamine and fosfomycinHye Jin Yoon
Department of Chemistry, College of Natural Sciences, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 747, Korea
Proteins 71:1032-7. 2008
- High-dose daptomycin plus fosfomycin is safe and effective in treating methicillin-susceptible and methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus endocarditisJose M Miro
Hospital Clinic IDIBAPS, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 56:4511-5. 2012..endocarditis) who were successfully treated with high-dose intravenous daptomycin (10 mg/kg/day) plus fosfomycin (2 g every 6 h) for 6 weeks...
- Fosfomycin for the treatment of infections caused by multidrug-resistant non-fermenting Gram-negative bacilli: a systematic review of microbiological, animal and clinical studiesMatthew E Falagas
Alfa Institute of Biomedical Sciences AIBS, Athens, Greece
Int J Antimicrob Agents 34:111-20. 2009..This mandates the re-evaluation of already existing antibiotics such as fosfomycin. We systematically reviewed the literature to assess the clinical and microbiological effectiveness of ..
- Antimicrobial susceptibility of multidrug-resistant Gram negative bacteria to fosfomycinM E Falagas
Alfa Institute of Biomedical Sciences, 9 Neapoleos Street, 151 23 Marousi, Athens, Greece
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 27:439-43. 2008We evaluated the antimicrobial activity of fosfomycin against a randomly selected sample of 30 Klebsiella pneumoniae, 30 Pseudomonas aeruginosa, and 30 Acinetobacter baumannii multidrug-resistant, clinical isolates from patients in a ..
- Synergistic effects of aminoglycosides and fosfomycin on Pseudomonas aeruginosa in vitro and biofilm infections in a rat modelYun Cai
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, PLA General Hospital, Beijing 100853, People s Republic of China
J Antimicrob Chemother 64:563-6. 2009To study the in vitro and in vivo efficacy of aminoglycosides against Pseudomonas aeruginosa, either alone or in combination with fosfomycin.
- Plastid cues posttranscriptionally regulate the accumulation of key enzymes of the methylerythritol phosphate pathway in ArabidopsisSusanna Sauret-Güeto
Departament de Bioquimica i Biologia Molecular, Facultat de Biologia, Universitat de Barcelona, 08028 Barcelona, Spain
Plant Physiol 141:75-84. 2006..Regulation of the MEP pathway by a mechanism dependent on plastid cues might function under physiological conditions to finely adjust plastidial isoprenoid biosynthesis to the metabolic capabilities or requirements of plastids...
- [Prophylactic effect of fosfomycin on postoperative infection in gastroenterological surgery]Nagao Shinagawa
Department of Surgery, Nagoya Midori Municipal Hospital
Jpn J Antibiot 59:417-27. 2006b>Fosfomycin (FOM), a drug with unique mechanism of action against bacteria, was prospectively compared with cefmetazole (CMZ) and flomoxef (FMOX) to assess its effectiveness in preventing postoperative infections after upper ..
- gamma-Substituted bis(pivaloyloxymethyl)ester analogues of fosmidomycin and FR900098Thomas Kurz
Institute of Pharmacy, University of Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
Arch Pharm (Weinheim) 340:661-6. 2007....
- Fosmidomycin analogues as inhibitors of monoterpenoid indole alkaloid production in Catharanthus roseus cellsZoia Mincheva
EA 3857, Laboratoire de Synthèse et Physicochimie Organique et Thérapeutique SPOT, 31 Avenue Monge, 37200 Tours, France
Phytochemistry 66:1797-803. 2005..Some of them have greater inhibitory effect than fosmidomycin and fully inhibit alkaloid accumulation at the concentration of 100 microM...
- Structural basis of regiospecificity of a mononuclear iron enzyme in antibiotic fosfomycin biosynthesisDanny Yun
Department of Chemistry, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
J Am Chem Soc 133:11262-9. 2011..the oxidative epoxidation of (S)-2-hydroxypropylphosphonic acid (S-HPP) in the biosynthesis of the antibiotic fosfomycin. Additionally, the enzyme converts the R-enantiomer of the substrate (R-HPP) to 2-oxo-propylphosphonic acid...
- Role of the non-mevalonate pathway in indole alkaloid production by Catharanthus roseus hairy rootsSeung Beom Hong
Department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Rice University, MS 140, 6100 Main St, Houston, Texas 77005, USA
Biotechnol Prog 19:1105-8. 2003..These results suggest that the DXP pathway is a major provider of carbon for the monoterpenoid pathway leading to the formation of indole alkaloids in C. roseus hairy roots in the exponential phase...
- Fosfomycin enhances the active transport of tobramycin in Pseudomonas aeruginosaDavid L MacLeod
Gilead Sciences, Inc, Seattle, Washington, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 56:1529-38. 2012..In these studies, we demonstrate that fosfomycin synergistically enhances the activity of tobramycin in the presence of mucin...
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa fosfomycin resistance mechanisms affect non-inherited fluoroquinolone toleranceValerie N De Groote
Centre of Microbial and Plant Genetics, KU Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
J Med Microbiol 60:329-36. 2011..aeruginosa strains that are resistant to the antibiotic fosfomycin due to either of two unrelated fosfomycin resistance mechanisms...
- Synthesis of the antimalarial drug FR900098 utilizing the nitroso-ene reactionAndrey A Fokin
Department of Organic Chemistry, Kiev Polytechnic Institute, pr Pobedy 37, 03056 Kiev, Ukraine
Org Lett 9:4379-82. 2007..The utilization of dibenzyl allylphosphonate as the starting compound allows one-step hydrogenation with dealkylation, which simplifies the preparative scheme further...
- Alkoxycarbonyloxyethyl ester prodrugs of FR900098 with improved in vivo antimalarial activityRegina Ortmann
Department für Pharmazie, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat, Munchen, Germany
Arch Pharm (Weinheim) 338:305-14. 2005..Prodrugs with increased oral activity in mice infected with the rodent malaria parasite Plasmodium vinckei were obtained by masking the phosphonate moiety of FR900098 as alkoxycarbonyloxyethyl esters...
- Characterization of a Cys115 to Asp substitution in the Escherichia coli cell wall biosynthetic enzyme UDP-GlcNAc enolpyruvyl transferase (MurA) that confers resistance to inactivation by the antibiotic fosfomycinD H Kim
Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Biochemistry 35:4923-8. 1996The antibiotic fosfomycin inhibits bacterial cell wall biosynthesis by inactivation of UDP-GlcNAc enolpyruvyl tranferase (MurA)...
- Assessing the emergence of resistance: the absence of biological cost in vivo may compromise fosfomycin treatments for P. aeruginosa infectionsAlexandro Rodríguez-Rojas
Centro Nacional de Biotecnologia, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Madrid, Spain
PLoS ONE 5:e10193. 2010b>Fosfomycin is a cell wall inhibitor used efficiently to treat uncomplicated urinary tract and gastrointestinal infections...
- Treatment of experimental cystitis in the rat with a single dose of fosfomycin trometamolF Dubini
Institute of Medical Microbiology, University of Milan, Italy
Chemioterapia 7:24-8. 1988The therapeutic effectiveness of a single oral dose (60 and 200 mg/kg body weight) of fosfomycin trometamol (FT), norfloxacin, trimethoprim sulfamethoxazole (Bactrim) and pipemidic acid against experimental cystitis in the rat were ..
- Antimicrobial susceptibilities of commonly encountered bacterial isolates to fosfomycin determined by agar dilution and disk diffusion methodsChing Lan Lu
Department of Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, Hsin Chu Branch, Hsin Chu, Taiwan
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 55:4295-301. 2011We studied the antimicrobial activity of fosfomycin against 960 strains of commonly encountered bacteria associated with urinary tract infection using standard agar dilution and disk diffusion methods...
- Synthesis and evaluation of alpha-halogenated analogues of 3-(acetylhydroxyamino)propylphosphonic acid (FR900098) as antimalarialsThomas Verbrugghen
Laboratory for Medicinal Chemistry FFW, Ghent University, Harelbekestraat 72, B 9000 Gent, Belgium
J Med Chem 53:5342-6. 2010..These analogues were evaluated for antimalarial potential in vitro against Plasmodium falciparum and in vivo in the P. berghei mouse model. All three analogues showed higher in vitro and/or in vivo potency than the reference compounds...
- Synthesis of alpha-substituted fosmidomycin analogues as highly potent Plasmodium falciparum growth inhibitorsTimothy Haemers
Laboratory for Medicinal Chemistry FFW, Ghent University, Harelbekestraat 72, 9000 Gent, Belgium
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 16:1888-91. 2006..It is approximately three times more potent in inhibiting the growth of P. falciparum than FR900098, the most potent representative of this class reported so far...
- Isoprenoid biosynthesis via the methylerythritol phosphate pathway: structural variations around phosphonate anchor and spacer of fosmidomycin, a potent inhibitor of deoxyxylulose phosphate reductoisomeraseCatherine Zinglé
Universite de Strasbourg CNRS, Strasbourg, UMR 7177, Institut Le Bel, 4 rue Blaise Pascal, 67070 Strasbourg, France
J Org Chem 75:3203-7. 2010..e., sulfonate or carboxylate functionalities. The potential of the synthesized analogues to inhibit the E. coli DXR was evaluated...
- Identification of a novel UDP-N-acetylglucosamine enolpyruvyl transferase (MurA) from Vibrio fischeri that confers high fosfomycin resistance in Escherichia coliSanath Kumar
Department of Biology, Eastern New Mexico University, Portales NM, 88130, USA
Arch Microbiol 191:425-9. 2009..is a key enzyme involved in bacterial cell wall peptidoglycan synthesis and a target for the antimicrobial agent fosfomycin, a structural analog of the MurA substrate phosphoenol pyruvate...
- Fosfomycin suppresses chemokine induction in airway epithelial cells infected with respiratory syncytial virusTamaki Okabayashi
Department of Microbiology, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, S1 W17, Chuou ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido 060 8556, Japan
Clin Vaccine Immunol 16:859-65. 2009..b>Fosfomycin (FOF) is approved as a treatment for various bacterial infectious diseases, including respiratory infectious ..
- Divergent strategy for the synthesis of alpha-aryl-substituted fosmidomycin analoguesVincent Devreux
Laboratory for Medicinal Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Ghent University, Belgium
J Org Chem 72:3783-9. 2007..An alpha-(4-cyanophenyl)fosmidomycin analogue emerged as the most potent analogue in the present series. Its antimalarial activity clearly surpasses that of the reference compound fosmidomycin...
- Effects of vancomycin, daptomycin, fosfomycin, tigecycline, and ceftriaxone on Staphylococcus epidermidis biofilmsStefan Hajdu
Department of Trauma Surgery, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
J Orthop Res 27:1361-5. 2009..In the following work, we investigated the effects of vancomycin, daptomycin, fosfomycin, tigecycline, and ceftriaxone on biofilms formed by Staphylococcus epidermidis isolates causative for implant ..
- Synthesis and biological evaluation of cyclopropyl analogues of fosmidomycin as potent Plasmodium falciparum growth inhibitorsVincent Devreux
Laboratory for Medicinal Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Ghent University, Harelbekestraat 72, B 9000 Gent, Belgium
J Med Chem 49:2656-60. 2006..coli DOXP reductoisomerase and proved equally active when tested in vitro for P. falciparum growth inhibition. Conversely, the alpha-phenyl cis-cyclopropyl analogue 4 showed virtually no inhibition of the enzyme...
- Fosfomycin nebulizer therapy to chronic sinusitisA Kamijyo
Department of Otolaryngology, Yamanashi Medical University, 1110 Shimokato, Tamaho cho, Nakakoma gun, Yamanashi 409 3898, Japan
Auris Nasus Larynx 28:227-32. 2001effects of Fosfomycin (FOM) nebulizer therapy were studied in patients with chronic sinusitis.
- ENZYMOLOGY OF ANTIBIOTIC RESISTANCERichard Armstrong; Fiscal Year: 2009..b>Fosfomycin is an inexpensive and potent broad-spectrum antibiotic effective against Gram-positive and Gram-negative ..
- Chemistry, Structure and Biology of Thiol TransferasesRichard N Armstrong; Fiscal Year: 2013..the role of bacillithiol (BSH) in the resistance of Gram-positive pathogenic microorganisms to the antibiotic fosfomycin conferred by the enzyme FosB...
- Directed evolution of fosfomycin resistance enzymes from a promiscuous progenitorPaul D Cook; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Fosfomycin is a safe, broad-spectrum antibiotic that is effective against both Gram-negative and Gram-positive bacteria...
- Investigation of unusual cyclization reactions in biocatalysisHung wen Liu; Fiscal Year: 2013..applicant): The ultimate goal of this project is to understand at the molecular level how the oxirane group of fosfomycin, the cyclohexene moiety of spinosyn A, and the annelated oligocyclobutane ring system of ladderane lipids are ..
- Overcoming O2 limitations: Reaction of Oxygenases with in situ generated O2BENNETT RICHARD STREIT; Fiscal Year: 2013..as others, with the later of these enzymes playing important oxidative roles in the synthesis of the antibiotic fosfomycin (HEPD) and in the synthesis of the neurotransmitter serotonin (TrpH)...
- Mechanism of taurine: alpha-ketoglutarate dioxygenaseCarsten Krebs; Fiscal Year: 2013..of an alcohol to an epoxide, using hydrogen peroxide as the oxidant, in the biosynthesis of the antibiotic, fosfomycin;(2) carbapenem synthase (CarC), which uses one or more tyrosyl radical in concert with the presumptive ferryl ..
- Understanding a Mechanism of Antibiotic Resistance by Phosphorylation: FosfomycinSVITLANA PAKHOMOVA; Fiscal Year: 2009..discovered kinases FomA and FomB that represent a novel mechanism of resistance to the widely used antibiotic fosfomycin. These two novel proteins inactivate fosfomycin through phosphorylation...
- Characterization of novel MurA inhibitorsErnst Schonbrunn; Fiscal Year: 2006..It is the target of the naturally occurring, broad spectrum antibiotic fosfomycin. Fosfomycin, an epoxide, covalently attacks a critical cysteine-residue of MurA (Cys115)...
- Mechanistic Studies of a Novel Methyltransferase in Fosfomycin BiosynthesisSTEVEN MANSOORABADI; Fiscal Year: 2008..mechanism of Fom3, a novel methyltransferase involved in the biosynthesis of the clinically useful antibiotic fosfomycin. Fom3 belongs to a unique class of cobalamin-containing Radical SAM (S-adenosyl-L-methionine) enzymes, which is ..
- MICROBIAL METABOLISM OF REDUCED PHOSPHORUS COMPOUNDSWILLIAM METCALF; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Genetics of Interstitial CystitisJohn Warren; Fiscal Year: 2007..The identification of alleles of susceptibility to IC may reveal clues to pathogenesis, clinical therapy, preventive strategy, and possibly gene therapies. ..
- MARYLAND INTERSTITIAL CYSTITIS CLINICAL TRIALS GROUPJohn Warren; Fiscal Year: 2003..This group will bring to the IC CTG experienced, motivated, and dedicated investigators; a new cadre of IC patients; and a network of referring urologists/gynecologists to study management strategies for this distressing disease. ..
- Conference--Pulmonary Alveolar Proteinosis ResearchBruce Trapnell; Fiscal Year: 2004..Recent progress in PAP research represents a paradigm of the intersection of basic science, clinical medicine and translational research, which has taken this disease from obscurity to clarity in a decade. ..
- A Case Control Study of Interstitial CystitisJohn Warren; Fiscal Year: 2006..4) That patients with IC have remissions and that certain clinical features, e.g., bacterial cystitis at disease onset, are prognostic factors for remissions. ..
- Pulmonary Alveolar Proteinosis Research ConferenceBruce Trapnell; Fiscal Year: 2005..This conference will provide a forum where thought leaders focused on the molecular and cellular basis or clinical management of PAP will present cutting edge research, integrate concepts, and chart innovative research directions. ..
- Fourth Annual International Pulmonary Alveolar Proteinosis Research ConferenceBruce Trapnell; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- GM-CSF & Alveolar Macrophage Antiviral Lung DefenseBruce Trapnell; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- AAT Deficiency & Liver Diseases Caused by ProteinsBruce Trapnell; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Regulation of Alveolar Macrophage PhagocytosisBruce Trapnell; Fiscal Year: 2006..1, and Hck/SFKs in AMs. Results of this research are expected to help establish the feasibility of the therapeutic use of GM-CSF in the treatment of lung infections by a wide variety of microbial pathogens. ..
- H2O2-PRODUCING LACTOBACILLI AND POSTMENOPAUSAL UTIKalpana Gupta; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- MECHANISTIC STUDIES ON PHOSPHORUS REDOX ENZYMESWILLEM VAN DER DONK; Fiscal Year: 2006..The studies on HtxA focus on potential use of alternative substrates as well as developing a fundamental understanding of the mode of catalysis. ..
- Cranberry and Prevention of UTI A Comprehensive ApproachKalpana Gupta; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- ENZYMOLOGY OF ANTIBIOTIC RESISTANCERichard Armstrong; Fiscal Year: 2007..b>Fosfomycin is a potent, broad-spectrum antibiotic effective against both Gram-positive and Gram-negative microorganisms...
- 2007 Vitamin B12 and Corphins Gordon ConferenceWILLEM VAN DER DONK; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..