Genomes and Genes
Summary: Organic compounds which contain tin in the molecule. Used widely in industry and agriculture.
Publications237 found, 100 shown here
- Butyltins in water, biofilm, animals and sediments of the west coast of IndiaNarayan B Bhosle
Marine Corrosion and Material Research Division, National Institute of Oceanography, Dona Paula, Goa 403004, India
Chemosphere 57:897-907. 2004....
- In-situ partitioning of butyltin compounds in estuarine sedimentsEdward D Burton
School of Environmental Engineering, Faculty of Environmental Sciences, Griffith University, Nathan 4111, QLD, Australia
Chemosphere 59:585-92. 2005..This indicates that substantial TBT degradation has occurred in the sediments, and suggests that natural attenuation may be a viable sediment remediation strategy...
- Butyltins in the sediments of Kochi and Mumbai harbours, west coast of IndiaNarayan B Bhosle
Marine Corrosion and Material Research Division, National Institute of Oceanography, Dona Paula 403004, Goa, India
Environ Int 32:252-8. 2006..The observed levels of butyltin compounds are much higher than those required to induce toxic effects on marine organisms, suggesting that these sediments were contaminated with butyltin compounds...
- Sources and fate of butyltins in the St. Lawrence Estuary ecosystemM H Michaud
Institut des sciences de la mer de Rimouski ISMER, Universite du Quebec a Rimouski, 310 allee des Ursulines, Rimouski, Que, Canada G5L 3A1
Chemosphere 64:1074-82. 2006..It is expected that any reduction of direct inputs of TBT from ship hulls in a near future should result in a rapid reduction of butyltins in the St. Lawrence ecosystem...
- Integrative assessment of organotin contamination in a southern European estuarine system (Ria de Aveiro, NW Portugal): tracking temporal trends in order to evaluate the effectiveness of the EU banAna Sousa
CESAM and Department of Biology, University of Aveiro, 3810 193 Aveiro, Portugal
Mar Pollut Bull 54:1645-53. 2007..The fraction of TBT relatively to its metabolites has been decreasing over the last years but still remains high suggesting that there are still recent inputs of this compound into the study area...
- Organotin compounds promote adipocyte differentiation as agonists of the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma/retinoid X receptor pathwayTomohiko Kanayama
Department of Environmental Biochemistry, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Osaka University, 1 6 Yamada oka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Mol Pharmacol 67:766-74. 2005..Because PPARgamma is a master regulator of adipocyte differentiation, we assessed the effect of organotin compounds on preadipocyte 3T3-L1 cells...
- Endocrine-disrupting organotin compounds are potent inducers of adipogenesis in vertebratesFelix Grün
Department of Developmental and Cell Biology, University of California Irvine, 2113 McGaugh Hall, Irvine, California 92697 2300, USA
Mol Endocrinol 20:2141-55. 2006..Developmental or chronic lifetime exposure to organotins may therefore act as a chemical stressor for obesity and related disorders...
- Blood levels of organotin compounds and their relation to fish consumption in FinlandPanu Rantakokko
National Public Health Institute, Department of Environmental Health, P O Box 95, FIN 70701 Kuopio, Finland
Sci Total Environ 399:90-5. 2008The objective of this study was to measure the concentrations of organotin compounds in the whole blood of Finnish male fishermen (n=133), their wives (n=94), and other family members (n=73), and to investigate their associations with ..
- Organotin compounds, including butyltins and octyltins, in house dust from Albany, New York, USAKurunthachalam Kannan
New York State Department of Health, and Department of Environmental Health Sciences, Wadsworth Center, State University of New York at Albany, Empire State Plaza, PO Box 509, Albany, NY 12201 0509, USA
Arch Environ Contam Toxicol 58:901-7. 2010b>Organotin compounds (OTs) have been used in a wide variety of consumer products. Despite this, very few studies have reported the occurrence of OTs in house dust or exposure of humans to OTs through the ingestion of house dust...
- Environmental obesogens: organotins and endocrine disruption via nuclear receptor signalingFelix Grün
Department of Developmental and Cell Biology, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, California 92697 2300, USA
Endocrinology 147:S50-5. 2006..The linking of organotin exposure to adipocyte differentiation and obesity opens an important new area of research into potential environmental influences on human health and disease...
- Organotin contamination in sediments from the Western Mediterranean enclosures following 10 years of TBT regulationS Diez
Environmental Chemistry Department, IIQAB CSIC, Jordi Girona, Barcelona, Catalunya, Spain
Water Res 36:905-18. 2002....
- Microbial interactions with tributyltin compounds: detoxification, accumulation, and environmental fateG M Gadd
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Dundee, Scotland, UK
Sci Total Environ 258:119-27. 2000..Such processes should receive due consideration in any environmental management programme...
- Case study: bioavailability of tin and tin compoundsHeinz Rüdel
Fraunhofer Institute for Molecular Biology and Applied Ecology Fraunhofer IME, 57377 Schmallenberg, Germany
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 56:180-9. 2003This article reviews the literature related to the bioavailability of tin, inorganic tin compounds, and organotin compounds. On the one hand, the toxicity of metallic tin and inorganic tin compounds is low...
- Accumulation and trophic transfer of organotins in a marine food web from the Danish coastal watersJakob Strand
National Environmental Research Institute, Department of Marine Ecology, P O Box 358, Frederiksborgvej 399, 4000 Roskilde, Denmark
Sci Total Environ 350:72-85. 2005The presence of organotin compounds, e.g...
- Larvicidal activities of some organotin compounds on mosquito larvae: a QSAR studyCorwin Hansch
Department of Chemistry, Pomona College, 645 North College Avenue, Claremont, CA 91711, USA
Eur J Med Chem 44:260-73. 2009..On the basis of QSAR (6), nine compounds 4a-4i are suggested as potential synthetic targets...
- Interaction of diphenyltin(IV) dichloride with some selected bioligandsM M Mohamed
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Cairo University, Giza, Egypt
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 49:253-7. 2001..The participation of different ligand functional groups in binding to organotin is discussed. The concentration distribution of the various complex species was evaluated as a function of pH...
- The content of butyl- and phenyltin derivatives in the sediment from the Port of GdanskBarbara Radke
Department of Marine Chemistry and Environmental Protection, Institute of Oceanography, University of Gdansk, al MarszaŁka PiŁsudskiego 46, 81 378 Gdynia, Poland
Chemosphere 73:407-14. 2008Harbor sediments containing large deposits of organotin compounds constitute a potential threat to the marine environment...
- Organotin accumulation in an estuarine food chain: comparing field measurements with model estimationsKarin Veltman
Department of Environmental Science, Institute for Wetland and Water Research, Radboud University Nijmegen, P O Box 9010, 6500 GL Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Mar Environ Res 61:511-30. 2006..This results in very low elimination rates, which are comparable to model predictions for metals...
- Sorption and desorption behavior of organotin compounds in sediment-pore water systemsM Berg
Swiss Federal Institute for Environmental Science and Technology,
Environ Sci Technol 35:3151-7. 2001Sediments contaminated with organotin compounds (OTs), in particular triorganotins (TOTs), are abundant in areas with high shipping activities...
- Concentrations of organotin compounds in various fish species in the Finnish lake waters and Finnish coast of the Baltic SeaPanu Rantakokko
National Institute for Health and Welfare, P O Box 95, FI 70701 Kuopio, Finland
Sci Total Environ 408:2474-81. 2010b>Organotin compounds (OTCs) leaching from the antifouling paints used in boats and ships have contaminated many water areas worldwide...
- In vitro screening of organotin compounds and sediment extracts for cytotoxicity to fish cellsMichelle Giltrap
Marine Institute, Rinville, Oranmore, County Galway, Ireland
Environ Toxicol Chem 30:154-61. 2011..The presence of other contaminants in the solvent extract is confirmed with chemical analysis, warranting further toxicity testing of contaminant mixtures and exposure to the cell line to further elucidate a complete toxicity evaluation...
- Dietary intake of organotin compounds in Finland: a market-basket studyPanu Rantakokko
Department of Environmental Health, National Public Health Institute, P O Box 95, FI 70701, Kuopio, Finland
Food Addit Contam 23:749-56. 2006..b>Organotin compounds were detected in only four baskets, with the fish basket containing the largest number of different ..
- A review of organotin regulatory strategies, pending actions, related costs and benefitsM A Champ
Advanced Technology Research Project ATRP Corporation, Falls Church, VA 22042 3934, USA
Sci Total Environ 258:21-71. 2000..Market forces are selective for cheap labor and cheap environments. 'Unregulated' countries have unknowingly accepted the environmental and human health risks to gain the economic benefits from painting TBT on ships. (ABSTRACT TRUNCATED)..
- Cytotoxic effects of two organotin compounds and their mode of inflicting cell death on four mammalian cancer cellsArmando Varela-Ramirez
Department of Biological Sciences, Biosciences Research Building, University of Texas at El Paso, El Paso, TX 79968 5816, USA
Cell Biol Toxicol 27:159-68. 2011..However, both compounds induced apoptosis in the pro-B lymphocyte cell line, NFS-70. The work presented here also demonstrates that the two OT compounds possess selective cytotoxicity against distinct transformed cell lines...
- Specific accumulation of organotin compounds in tissues of the rock shell, Thais clavigeraToshihiro Horiguchi
Center for Environmental Risk Research, National Institute for Environmental Studies, 16 2 Onogawa, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8506, Japan
Mar Environ Res 76:56-62. 2012Concentrations of organotin compounds (butyltins and phenyltins) were determined in gonad, accessory sex organs, penis, digestive gland, kidney, radula with sac, oesophagus with crop, stomach, hypobranchial gland, rectum, mantle, ..
- Concentrations of organotin compounds and imposex in the gastropod Hexaplex trunculus from the Lagoon of VeniceFrancesca Pellizzato
Department of Environmental Sciences, University of Venice, Calle Larga S Marta 2137, 30123 Venice, Italy
Sci Total Environ 332:89-100. 2004..Concentrations of some organotin compounds, i.e...
- Concentrations of organotin compounds in sediment and clams collected from coastal areas in VietnamSayaka Midorikawa
International Coastal Research Center, Ocean Research Institute, The University of Tokyo, 2 106 1, Akahama, Otsuchi, Iwate 028 1102, Japan
Environ Pollut 131:401-8. 2004..The partition coefficients of TBT and TPT were 2.01 (0.56-5.5) and 9.23 (3.1-20), respectively. These results show that sediment-bound TBT is a source of contamination to clams in addition to dissolved TBT...
- Organotin compounds in surface sediments from seaports on the Gulf of Gdańsk (southern Baltic coast)Anna Filipkowska
Marine Pollution Laboratory, Institute of Oceanology, Polish Academy of Sciences, ul Powstancow Warszawy 55, 81 712 Sopot, Poland
Environ Monit Assess 182:455-66. 2011..It is necessary to monitor organotin contamination in ports and establish concentration limits of these compounds for the disposal of dredged material at sea...
- The ion channel of F-ATP synthase is the target of toxic organotin compoundsChristoph von Ballmoos
Institut für Mikrobiologie der Eidgenössischen Technischen Hochschule, ETH Zentrum, CH 8092 Zurich, Switzerland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:11239-44. 2004..Taken together these results indicate that the subunit a ion channel is the target site for ATPase inhibition by toxic organotin compounds. An inhibitor interacting specifically with this site has not been reported previously.
- Occurrence of organotin compounds in house dust in Berlin (Germany)H Fromme
Bayerisches Landesamt für Gesundheit und Lebensmittelsicherheit, Veterinärstrasse 2, D 85764 Oberschleissheim, Germany
Chemosphere 58:1377-83. 2005..house dust samples from 28 Berlin apartments were measured for the presence and concentrations of six organotin compounds, monobutyltin (MBT), dibutyltin (DBT), tributyltin (TBT), monooctyltin (MOT), dioctyltin (DOT) and ..
- Butyltin concentrations along the Japanese coast from 1997 to 1999 monitored by Caprella spp. (Crustacea: Amphipoda)Ichiro Takeuchi
Department of Life Environment Conservation, Faculty of Agriculture, Ehime University, Tarumi, Matsuyama, Ehime, 790 8566, Japan
Mar Environ Res 57:397-414. 2004....
- Toxicity of organotin compounds: shared and unshared biochemical targets and mechanisms in animal cellsAlessandra Pagliarani
Department of Veterinary Medical Sciences, University of Bologna, Italy
Toxicol In Vitro 27:978-90. 2013Most biochemical effects of organotin compounds leading to toxicity are astonishingly similar in different animal species...
- Organotins (TBT and DBT) in water, sediments, and gastropods of the southern Venice lagoon (Italy)D Berto
Istituto Centrale per la Ricerca Scientifica e Tecnologica Applicata al Mare ICRAM, 30015 Chioggia Venezia, Italy
Mar Pollut Bull 55:425-35. 2007..The present study allowed assessment of whether, despite the ban on the use of TBT paints, waters, sediments, and biota were still being contaminated by organotin compounds in the southern Venice lagoon.
- Organochlorine and organotin compounds in Caspian seals (Phoca caspica) collected during an unusual mortality event in the Caspian Sea in 2000N Kajiwara
Center for Marine Environmental Studies, Ehime University, Tarumi, Matsuyama, Japan
Environ Pollut 117:391-402. 2002Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), organochlorine pesticides and organotin compounds were determined in the blubber and liver of Caspian seals (Phoca caspica) found stranded on the coast of the Caspian Sea during an outbreak of canine ..
- Dibutyltin disrupts glucocorticoid receptor function and impairs glucocorticoid-induced suppression of cytokine productionChristel Gumy
Division of Molecular and Systems Toxicology, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
PLoS ONE 3:e3545. 2008..DBT is immunotoxic, however, the responsible targets remain to be defined. Due to the importance of glucocorticoids in immune-modulation, we investigated whether DBT could interfere with glucocorticoid receptor (GR) function...
- [Determination of organotin compounds in textile auxiliaries by gas chromatography-mass spectrometry]Yanming Li
Dymatic Chemicals, Inc, Shunde 528305, China
Se Pu 29:353-7. 2011..9994-0.9998. The detection limits (LOD) were from 0.003 mg/L to 0.005 mg/L. The average recoveries of these organotin compounds at the three spiked levels of 4.0, 10.0 and 40.0 mg/kg were 92.6%-108...
- Involvement of the retinoid X receptor in the development of imposex caused by organotins in gastropodsJun ichi Nishikawa
Laboratory of Environmental Biochemistry, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Environ Sci Technol 38:6271-6. 2004b>Organotin compounds released from antifouling paints, such as tributyltin (TBT) and triphenyltin (TPT), are potent inducers of imposex (a superimposition of male genital tracts, such as penis and vas deferens, on females) in marine ..
- Determination of organotin compounds in-water by headspace solid phase microextraction with gas chromatography-mass spectrometryChi Chi Chou
Department of Chemistry, National Chung Hsing University Taichung, Taiwan, ROC
J Chromatogr A 1064:1-8. 2005..Some organotins studied were detected in the analyzed samples. Results of this study demonstrate the adequacy of the headspace SPME-GC-MS method for analyzing organotins in sea water samples...
- Certification of butyltins and phenyltins in marine sediment certified reference material by species-specific isotope-dilution mass spectrometric analysis using synthesized 118Sn-enriched organotin compoundsKazumi Inagaki
Environmental Standard Section, National Metrology Institute of Japan, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Umezono 1 1 1, Tsukuba Central 3, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, 305 8563, Japan
Anal Bioanal Chem 387:2325-34. 2007..mass spectrometry (SSID-MS)-SSID-GC-ICP-MS, SSID-GC-MS, and SSID-LC-ICP-MS, with 118Sn-enriched organotin compounds synthesized from 118Sn-enriched metal used as a spike...
- Caspase involvement in the induction of apoptosis by the environmental toxicants tributyltin and triphenyltinH Stridh
Division of Toxicology, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, S 171 77, Sweden
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 156:141-6. 1999b>Organotin compounds such as tributyltin (TBT) and triphenyltin (TPT) can kill target cells by triggering apoptosis. The mechanism by which these environmental toxicants activate the apoptotic program is currently unclear...
- Organotin compounds: toxicokinetic aspectsKlaus E Appel
Federal Institute for Risk Assessment, Berlin, Germany
Drug Metab Rev 36:763-86. 2004b>Organotin compounds have a broad range of applications. While dialkyltin compounds are used primarily as stabilizers for plastics, trisubstituted organotins are mainly used as biocides e.g...
- Repeated administration of a mild acute toxic dose of di-n-butyltin dichloride at intervals of 3 weeks induces severe lesions in pancreas and liver of ratsJ Merkord
Institute of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Rostock, Germany
Hum Exp Toxicol 20:386-92. 2001..The risk of exposure to organotin at long intervals should be considered...
- The cyto- and genotoxicity of organotin compounds is dependent on the cellular uptake capabilityE Dopp
Institute of Hygiene and Occupational Medicine, University Hospital Essen, Hufelandstrasse 55, 45122 Essen, Germany
Toxicology 232:226-34. 2007b>Organotin compounds have been widely used as stabilizers and anti-fouling agents with the result that they are ubiquitously distributed in the environment...
- Structure-dependent activation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR) gamma by organotin compoundsYouhei Hiromori
Laboratory of Hygienic Chemistry and Molecular Toxicology, Gifu Pharmaceutical University, Gifu, Japan
Chem Biol Interact 180:238-44. 2009b>Organotin compounds such as tributyltin (TBT) and triphenyltin (TPT) are frequent environmental contaminants and are suspected of disrupting endocrine function in vertebrates and invertebrates...
- Fluidity of liposome membranes doped with organic tin compounds: ESR studyDariusz Man
Institute of Physics, Opole University, Poland
J Liposome Res 18:225-34. 2008....
- Induction of apoptosis by organotin compounds in vitro: neuronal protection with antisense oligonucleotides directed against stanninT A Thompson
Department of Pharmacology, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 276:1201-16. 1996..Thus, TMT may induce apoptosis in sensitive cells, which is partly mediated by stannin. Based on the available data we conclude that stannin expression is necessary, but not sufficient for TMT toxicity...
- Different formats of imprinted polymers for determining organotin compounds in environmental samplesMercedes Gallego-Gallegos
Departamento de Quimica Analitica, Facultad de Ciencias Quimicas, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Avenida Complutense s n, 28040 Madrid, Spain
J Environ Manage 90:S69-76. 2009b>Organotin compounds and their degradation products enter the environment mainly as a result of their use as biocides and antifouling paints...
- Role of speciation in organotin toxicity to the yeast Candida maltosaJane S White
School of Biotechnology, Dublin City University, Dublin 9, Ireland
Environ Sci Technol 38:3877-84. 2004..there was a strong correlation between toxicity and overall octanol-water distribution ratio (D(OW)) of organotin compounds. Triorganotin cations are less toxic than triorganotin hydroxides, which are in turn less toxic than ..
- Organotins disrupt the 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 2-dependent local inactivation of glucocorticoidsAtanas G Atanasov
Department of Nephrology and Hypertension, University of Berne, Berne, Switzerland
Environ Health Perspect 113:1600-6. 2005..Enhanced glucocorticoid concentrations due to disruption of 11beta-HSD2 function may contribute to the observed organotin-dependent toxicity in some glucocorticoid-sensitive tissues such as thymus and placenta...
- Histological alterations in ovaries of pubertal female rats induced by triphenyltinB Watermann
LimnoMar, Hamburg, Bei der Neuen Muenze 11, D 22145 Hamburg, Germany
Exp Toxicol Pathol 60:313-21. 2008..Certain organotin compounds act as endocrine-active agents and have been reported to affect reproduction in mollusks and mammals...
- Accumulation of organotin compounds and mercury in harbour porpoises (Phocoena phocoena) from the Danish waters and West GreenlandJakob Strand
National Environmental Research Institute, Department of Marine Ecology, P O Box 358, Frederiksborgvej 399, 4000 Roskilde, Denmark
Sci Total Environ 350:59-71. 2005..This study suggests that organotin compounds are also important, when assessing the risks of contaminants on the health and viability of harbour ..
- Triphenyltin and Tributyltin inhibit pig testicular 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase activity and suppress testicular testosterone biosynthesisShuji Ohno
Department of Biochemistry, Hoshi University College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2 4 41 Ebara, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo 142 8501, Japan
Steroids 70:645-51. 2005..b>Organotin compounds suppress testosterone production in Leydig cells from neonatal pig testes. J Health Sci 2003;49:514-9]...
- In vitro metabolism of tributyltin and triphenyltin by human cytochrome P-450 isoformsShuji Ohhira
Department of Hygiene, Dokkyo Medical University School of Medicine, Mibu machi, Tochigi 321 0293, Japan
Toxicology 228:171-7. 2006..Since the CYP2C18 content of hepatic microsomes in humans is relatively low, CYP2C9, 2C19, and 3A4 might be the main isoforms of CYP that are responsible for tributyltin and triphenyltin metabolism in the human liver...
- Apoptosis of cerebellar granule cells induced by organotin compounds found in drinking water: involvement of MAP kinasesWilliam R Mundy
National Health and Environmental Effects Research Laboratory, Office of Research and Development, U S Environmental Protection Agency, B105 06, Research Triangle Park, NC 27711, USA
Neurotoxicology 27:71-81. 2006Mono- and dialkyl organotin compounds are used primarily as heat stabilizers in polyvinyl chloride (PVC) plastics...
- Structure-activity comparison of organotin species: dibutyltin is a developmental neurotoxicant in vitro and in vivoScott M Jenkins
Neurotoxicology Division, National Health and Environmental Effects Research Laboratory, U S Environmental Protection Agency, OAQPS ESD REAG C404 01, Research Triangle Park, NC 27711, USA
Brain Res Dev Brain Res 151:1-12. 2004..No effect was observed at other ages examined...
- Accumulation of organotin compounds in tissues and organs of stranded whales along the coasts of ThailandH Harino
Osaka City Institute of Public Health and Environmental Sciences, Tohjo cho, 8 34, Tennoji ku, Osaka, 543 0026, Japan
Arch Environ Contam Toxicol 53:119-25. 2007....
- Endocrine disruption induced by organotin compounds; organotins function as a powerful agonist for nuclear receptors rather than an aromatase inhibitorTsuyoshi Nakanishi
Laboratory of Hygienics, Gifu Pharmaceutical University, Gifu
J Toxicol Sci 33:269-76. 2008b>Organotin compounds have been widely used as antifouling biocides for ships and fishing nets, agricultural fungicides and rodent repellents...
- Imposex in the rock shell, Thais clavigera, as evidence of organotin contamination in the marine environment of KoreaW J Shim
Chemical Oceanography Division, Korea Ocean Research and Development Institute, Ansan PO Box 29, Seoul 425 600, South Korea
Mar Environ Res 49:435-51. 2000..clavigera from a pristine area to a port, TBT and TPT were accumulated in T. clavigera, and imposex was induced. T. clavigera shows considerable potential as a bioindicator species of the adverse effects of TBT and TPT contamination...
- Organotin compounds in the liver tissue of marine mammals from the Polish coast of the Baltic SeaTomasz Ciesielski
Department of Food Sciences, Medical University of Gdansk, 107 Hallera Street, 80 416 Gdansk, Poland
Environ Sci Technol 38:1415-20. 2004..On the basis of a literature review, higher BT levels are usually found in waters close to highly industrialized areas, such as Japan, Hong Kong, and the United States...
- Synthesis, spectroscopic characterization, X-ray structure and evaluation of binding parameters of new triorganotin(IV) dithiocarboxylates with DNAZia ur Rehman
Department of Chemistry, Quaid i Azam University, Islamabad 45320, Pakistan
Eur J Med Chem 44:3986-93. 2009..The positive peak potential shift in CV and hypochromic effect in spectroscopy evidenced intercalative mode of interaction. The results indicate that the binding affinity varies in this sequence: 1>3>2...
- Survey on the presence of butyltin compounds in chinese alcoholic beverages, determined by using headspace solid-phase microextraction coupled with gas chromatography-flame photometric detectionJi Yan Liu
Research Center for Eco Environmental Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, P O Box 2871, Beijing, 100085, China
J Agric Food Chem 50:6683-7. 2002..The result indicated that dry wines generally contained more dibutyltin than sweet wines. The concentrations of butyltin compounds in liquor samples were lower than those in wine samples...
- Evaluation of cetacean exposure to organotin compounds in Brazilian waters through hepatic total tin concentrationsPaulo R Dorneles
Laboratório de Radioisótopos Eduardo Penna Franca, Instituto de Biofisica Carlos Chagas Filho, CCS, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Environ Pollut 156:1268-76. 2008..The levels of Sn in six marine tucuxis from a less contaminated area (ES) varied from below detection limit to 744. Comparing to the literature, coastal cetaceans from Brazil appear to be highly exposed to OTs...
- Effects of butyltins on human 5alpha-reductase type 1 and type 2 activityDagmar D Doering
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, University of Bonn, Sigmund Freud Strasse 25, Bonn, Germany
Steroids 67:859-67. 2002..At pharmacologic levels butyltins might contribute to the onset of developmental disorders of the male reproductive system. At present, however, it is unknown whether these levels are reached after acute or chronic exposure to butyltins...
- Organotin compounds alter the physical organization of phosphatidylcholine membranesJ J Chicano
, Facultad de Veterinaria, Universidad de Murcia, Campus de Espinardo, E-30100, Murcia, Spain
Biochim Biophys Acta 1510:330-41. 2001b>Organotin compounds have a broad range of biological activities and are ubiquitous contaminants in the environment. Their toxicity mainly lies in their action on the membrane...
- Distribution of tributyltin, dibutyltin and monobutyltin in the liver, brain and fat of rats: two-generation toxicity study of tributyltin chlorideMinoru Omura
Department of Hygiene, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Environ Sci 11:123-32. 2004..The results of this study suggest tissue-dependent distribution of TBT, DBT and MBT and gender-dependent distribution of the three metabolites in the liver of rats...
- Evaluation of accelerated solvent extraction for butyltin speciation in PACS-2 CRM using double-spike isotope dilution-GC/ICPMSJorge Ruiz Encinar
Department of Physical and Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Chemistry, Barcelona, Spain
Anal Chem 74:5237-42. 2002..The results found for MBT were approximately 25% higher than the certified value for the PACS-2 sediment reference material in agreement with previous results obtained by ultrasonic and microwave assisted extraction...
- Effects of gamma-sterilization on butyltin homogeneity and content in sediments: a GC-ICP-MS studyLu Yang
Institute for National Measurement Standards, National Research Council Canada, Ontario K1A 0R6 Ottawa, Canada
Anal Bioanal Chem 376:85-91. 2003..Results from a long-term five-year stability study of PACS-2 show that all three butyltins are stable during storage at 4 degrees C followed with 2.5 Mrad minimum dose of gamma-irradiation sterilization treatment...
- Certification of mono-, di-, and tributyltin compounds in marine sediment certified reference material by species-specific isotope dilution mass spectrometric analysis using synthesized 118Sn-labeled butyltinsKazumi Inagaki
Environmental Standard Section, National Metrology Institute of Japan NMIJ, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology AIST, Umezono 1 1 1, Tsukuba, Tsukuba Central 3, 305 8563, Ibaraki, Japan
Anal Bioanal Chem 378:1265-70. 2004..044+/-0.004 mg kg(-1) as Sn), dibutyltin (0.056+/-0.006 mg kg(-1) as Sn, and monobutyltin (0.058+/-0.013 mg kg(-1) as Sn), being at lower levels than currently available sediment CRMs for the analysis of organotins...
- Disruption of glucocorticoid action by environmental chemicals: potential mechanisms and relevanceAlex Odermatt
Department of Nephrology and Hypertension, Department of Clinical Research, University of Berne, Freiburgstrasse 15, 3010 Berne, Switzerland
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 102:222-31. 2006..These observations emphasize on the complexity of the toxic effects caused by such compounds and on the need of suitable test systems to assess their effects on each relevant step...
- Evaluation of extraction techniques for the determination of butyltin compounds in sediments using isotope dilution-GC/ICPMS with 118Sn and 119Sn-enriched speciesJorge Ruiz Encinar
Department of Physical and Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Chemistry, Julian Claveria, Oviedo, Spain
Anal Chem 74:270-81. 2002..This was not the case for mechanical shaking. The results obtained for BCR-646 using microwave assisted extraction were in good agreement with the certified values for all tin species...
- Metabolism of tributyltin and triphenyltin by rat, hamster and human hepatic microsomesShuji Ohhira
Department of Hygiene, Dokkyo University School of Medicine, Mibu machi, Tochigi, 321 0293, Japan
Arch Toxicol 77:138-44. 2003..It is possible that the hamster is a qualitatively and quantitatively suitable animal model for exploring the influence of tributyltin and triphenyltin in humans...
- Comparison of hepatotoxicity and metabolism of butyltin compounds in the liver of mice, rats and guinea pigsShunji Ueno
Laboratory of Veterinary Public Health, School of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Sciences, Kitasato University, Higashi 23 35 1, 034 8628 Towada shi, Aomori, Japan
Arch Toxicol 77:173-81. 2003....
- Ovo-testis and disturbed reproductive cycle in the giant abalone, Haliotis madaka: possible linkage with organotin contamination in a site of population declineT Horiguchi
National Institute for Environmental Studies, Environmental Chemistry Division, 16 2 Onogawa, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 0053, Japan
Mar Environ Res 50:223-9. 2000Histological examination of gonads as well as chemical analysis of organotin compounds in tissues of the giant abalone, Haliotis madaka, was conducted to evaluate possible endocrine disruption and to consider the causal factors for the ..
- Imposex and tributyltin contamination as a consequence of the establishment of a marina, and increasing yachting activities at Phuket Island, ThailandMichael Bech
Institute of Biology, University of Southern Denmark, Odense M
Environ Pollut 117:421-9. 2002..The increasing incidence of imposex suggest that TBT contamination is worsening, against global trends, because regulations prohibiting the use of TBT-based paints, do not exist in Thailand...
- Continuing observation of disturbed reproductive cycle and ovarian spermatogenesis in the giant abalone, Haliotis madaka from an organotin-contaminated site of JapanToshihiro Horiguchi
National Institute for Environmental Studies, Environmental Chemistry Division, 16 2, Onogawa, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8506, Japan
Mar Pollut Bull 51:817-22. 2005Histological examination of gonads as well as chemical analysis of organotin compounds in tissues of the giant abalone, Haliotis madaka, was conducted to evaluate continuing endocrine disruption in abalone populations in Japan...
- Interactions of alkyltin salts with biological dithiols: dealkylation and induction of a regular beta-turn structure in peptidesBethany A Buck
Department of Chemistry and the Supercomputing Institute, University of Minnesota, 207 Pleasant St SE, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455 0431, USA
J Am Chem Soc 126:14400-10. 2004b>Organotin compounds specifically target vicinal dithiols, thereby inhibiting the function of essential enzymes...
- Masculinization of female gastropod mollusks induced by organotin compounds, focusing on mechanism of actions of tributyltin and triphenyltin for development of imposexToshihiro Horiguchi
Ecological Effect Research Team, Endocrine Disruptors and Dioxin Research Project, National Institute for Environmental Studies 16 2, Onogawa, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8506, Japan
Environ Sci 13:77-87. 2006..e., the differentiation and growth of male-type genital organs in female gastropods, is reviewed and discussed to clarify the entire mode of action of TBT or TPT in the development of imposex in gastropods...
- Dithioerythritol (DTE) prevents inhibitory effects of triphenyltin (TPT) on the key enzymes of the human sex steroid hormone metabolismSusan Lo
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Institut für Klinische Biochemie, Universitat Bonn, Sigmund Freud Strasse 25, D 53127 Bonn, Germany
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 84:569-76. 2003....
- Tributyltin and triphenyltin induce spermatogenesis in ovary of female abalone, Haliotis giganteaT Horiguchi
National Institute for Environmental Studies, Environmental Chemistry Division, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Mar Environ Res 54:679-84. 2002..This, as well as possible aromatase inhibition, may be one of the inducers for spermatogenesis in the abalone ovaries...
- Imposex and organotin concentrations in Buccinum undatum and Neptunea antiqua from the North Sea: relationship to shipping density and hydrographical conditionsCato C ten Hallers-Tjabbes
Royal Netherlands Institute für Sea Research NIOZ, PO Box 59, 1790 AB Den Burg, Texel, The Netherlands
Mar Environ Res 55:203-33. 2003..The highest body levels of all organotin compounds and the highest imposex indices for the common whelk were found at those locations in the Southern Bight ..
- Evaluation of ecotoxicity and fate of methylated butyltins in sediments and seawater from Tokyo Bay, JapanRyo Kurihara
Institute for Environmental Sciences, University of Shizuoka, Suruga ku, Japan
Environ Toxicol Chem 26:2560-6. 2007..Methylation of TBT would not only cause subsequent volatilization but also decrease the toxicity of TBT species in the marine environment...
- (Tri)butyltin biotic degradation rates and pathways in different compartments of a freshwater model ecosystemEmmanuel Tessier
Equipe de Chimie Analytique Bio Inorganique et Environnement, IPREM CNRS UMR 5254, Universite de Pau et des Pays de l Adour, Hélioparc 64053 Pau, France
Sci Total Environ 388:214-33. 2007..Specific transformation and transfer pathways of TBT as reactional mechanisms are discussed and modelled assessing in detail the role of each compartment with regards to the fate of TBT in the model aquatic ecosystems...
- Assessment of butyltin and phenyltin pollution in the sea mullet, Mugil cephalus, along the Moroccan and Spanish coasts (Mediterranean Sea)L Hajjaj Hassani
Departement de Biologie, Universite Abdelmalek Essaadi, 93002, Tetouan, Morocco
Arch Environ Contam Toxicol 51:608-14. 2006..45 and 245.07 mg/Kg wet weight...
- Butyltin compounds in the Oyster, Saccostrea cucculata, from the west coast of IndiaA Garg
Marine Corrosion and Material Research Division, National Institute of Oceanography, Dona Paula, Goa, India
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 75:982-8. 2005
- Determination of metal and organometal trophic bioaccumulation in the benthic macrofauna of the Adour estuary coastal zone (SW France, Bay of Biscay)Mathilde Monperrus
Laboratoire de Chimie Analytique Bio Inorganique et Environnement, CNRS UMR 5034, Universite de Pau et des Pays de l Adour, Helioparc, 64053 Pau, France
J Environ Monit 7:693-700. 2005..Biomagnification along the trophic levels was highlighted for MMHg but no significant trend was observed for the other metallic compounds...
- Organotin contamination in fishes with different living patterns and its implications for human health risk in TaiwanC C Lee
Department of Environmental and Occupational Health, Medical College, National Cheng Kung University, 138 Sheng Li Road, Tainan 704, Taiwan, ROC
Environ Pollut 137:198-208. 2005..Fish liver contained the lowest percentage of TBT and the highest percentage of TPT among six organotin compounds. Consumption of contaminated pelagic species and fishes from Hsingta fishing harbor had the highest hazard ..
- Survey of organotin compounds in rivers and coastal environments in Portugal 1999-2000Sergi Diez
Department of Environmental Chemistry, IIQAB CSIC, Jordi Girona 18 26, 08034 Barcelona, Spain
Environ Pollut 136:525-36. 2005..Inputs in river waters are more related to (i) PVC leaching and (ii) industrial sources, in some cases discharged by municipal wastewaters...
- A model compound study: the ecotoxicological evaluation of five organic contaminants employing a battery of marine bioassaysAilbhe Macken
Radiation and Environmental Science Centre, Focas Institute, DIT, Kevin Street, Dublin 8, Ireland
Environ Pollut 153:627-37. 2008..The results of this study have important implications for risk assessment in estuarine and coastal waters in Ireland, where, at present the monitoring of sediment and water quality is predominantly reliant on chemical analysis alone...
- Study of the accumulation of tributyltin and triphenyltin compounds and their main metabolites in the sea bass, Dicentrachus labrax, under laboratory conditionsLaila Hajjaj el Hassani
Department of Biology Abdelmalek Essaadi University, Tetouan, Morocco
Sci Total Environ 348:191-8. 2005..labrax accumulated the compounds from the first week, although the levels depended on medium concentration exposure. Liver was found to accumulate higher concentrations of TBT and TPhT than muscle...
- Determination of organotin compounds by headspace solid-phase microextraction-gas chromatography-pulsed flame-photometric detection (HS-SPME-GC-PFPD)Manuel Bravo
Laboratoire de Chimie Analytique, LCABIE, UMR CNRS 5034, Universite de Pau et des Pays de l Adour, Avenue de l Universite, BP1155, 64013, Pau, France
Anal Bioanal Chem 383:1082-9. 2005..pulsed flame-photometric detection (GC-PFPD) has been investigated for simultaneous determination of eight organotin compounds. Monobutyltin (MBT), dibutyltin (DBT), tributyltin (TBT), monophenyltin (MPhT), and the semi-volatile ..
- Factors influencing organotin distribution in different marine environmental compartments, and their potential health riskC C Lee
Department of Environmental and Occupational Health, Medical College, National Cheng Kung University, 138 Sheng Li Road, Tainan 704, Taiwan, ROC
Chemosphere 65:547-59. 2006....
- Butyltin compounds in sediments of the Bahía Blanca estuary, ArgentinaFederico Delucchi
Laboratorio de Química Marina, CONICET Instituto Argentino de Oceanografía IADO, Camino La Carrindanga Km 7, Edificio E 1 CC 804, B8000FWB Bahia Blanca, Argentina
Environ Monit Assess 132:445-51. 2007..These values show that this estuary is affected by organotin pollution, mainly in areas of heavy shipyard activities...
- Distribution of butyltin and derivatives in oyster shells and trapped sediments of two estuaries in Cantabria (Northern Spain)J Diaz
Departamento de Ingeniería Química y Química Inorgánica, Universidad de Cantabria, Avda los Castros, S N, 39005 Santander, Spain
Chemosphere 67:623-9. 2007..Partition coefficients between oyster sediments and oyster shells show the affinity of BTs by the sediments and the higher inorganic tin in oyster shells does not seem to be related to the BTs pollution...
- Trophic magnification of triphenyltin in a marine food web of Bohai Bay, North China: comparison to tributyltinJianying Hu
College of Environmental Science, Peking University, Beijing, 100871, China
Environ Sci Technol 40:3142-7. 2006....
- Sulfotransferase activities towards xenobiotics and estradiol in two marine fish species (Mullus barbatus and Lepidorhombus boscii): characterization and inhibition by endocrine disruptersRebeca Martin-Skilton
Environmental Chemistry Department, IIQAB CSIC, C Jordi Girona 18, 08034 Barcelona, Spain
Aquat Toxicol 79:24-30. 2006..barbatus and L. boscii are able to sulfate a range of xenobiotics and endogenous compounds, and inhibition of these activities by environmental pollutants may contribute to the known toxic effects of these compounds...
- Environmental behavior of organotin compounds in the coastal environment of Xiamen, ChinaXinhong Wang
State Key Laboratory of Marine Environmental Science, Environmental Science Research Center, Xiamen University, Xiamen 361005, China
Mar Pollut Bull 57:419-24. 2008In 2006, organotins pollution were investigated in the coastal environment of Xiamen, China. Six species of organotin compounds including tributyltin, triphenyltin and their degradation compounds were quantified in the dissolved and ..
- Growth of plants on TBT-contaminated harbour sludge and effect on TBT removalJana Novak
Institute of Environment and Resources, Technical University of Denmark, Kongens Lyngby, Denmark
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 12:332-41. 2005..In some countries, including Belgium, the load with the biocide tributyltin (TBT) from ship coatings prohibits the dumping of harbour sludge into the sea. Land-based dumping is a commonly used alternative...
- Characterization of transboundary POP contamination in aquatic ecosystems of Pearl River deltaK W Chau
Department of Civil and Structural Engineering, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hunghom, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China
Mar Pollut Bull 51:960-5. 2005..A systematic research is required to determine both the temporal and spatial variations of all POPs in various carrying media of the Pearl River delta as a whole...
- Effect of in vitro and in vivo organotin exposures on the immune functions of murray cod (Maccullochella peelii peelii)Andrew J Harford
Key Centre for Toxicology, School of Medical Sciences, RMIT University, P O Box 71, Plenty Road, Bundoora, Victoria 3083, Australia
Environ Toxicol Chem 26:1649-56. 2007..66, df = 18, p = 0.035). Dibutyltin was the more potent immunosuppressant in Murray cod, causing significant reductions in phagocytic activity (F = 5.34, df = 16, p = 0.013) and lymphocyte numbers (F = 10.63, df = 16, p = 0.001)...
- Toxicity and bioaccumulation of tributyltin and triphenyltin on oysters and rock shells collected from Taiwan maricuture areaPei Jie Meng
National Museum of Marine Biology and Aquarium, Biology Department, Checheng, Pentung, Taiwan
Sci Total Environ 349:140-9. 2005..Additionally, greater bioaccumulation and elimination rates had been observed in female oysters than males. To rock shells, the bioaccumulation rate of organotins in imposex females was greater than males and females...
- Assessment of tributyltin contamination in a shipyard area using a mussel transplantation approachNam Sook Kim
Marine Environmental Risk Assessment Research Division, Korea Ocean Research and Development Institute, 391 Jangmok myon, Geoje shi 656 834, Republic of Korea
Mar Pollut Bull 57:883-8. 2008..71; p < 0.001). These results indicate that the shipyard still releases fresh TBT into surrounding waters even after TBT regulation in Korea, and mussel transplantation is useful in evaluating TBT contamination in shipyard area...
- MOLECULAR TOXICOLOGY OF ORGANOTIN COMPOUNDSMELVIN BILLINGSLEY; Fiscal Year: 2001..Initial studies have shown that organotin compounds induce an apoptotic cell death in a stannin-dependent manner...
- Actions of Estrogen & Environmental Estrogens on NeuronsScott M Belcher; Fiscal Year: 2010..The ability of ERa, ERp, and the orphan G-protein coupled receptor GPR30 to act as the membrane ER will be directly addressed. ..
- Enantiomeric Scaffolds for Organic SynthesisLanny S Liebeskind; Fiscal Year: 2010..This research describes a general strategy to carry out the highly controlled synthesis of structurally divergent families molecules with demonstrated medical and biological applications. ..
- Controlled Catalytic Reduction of Dinitrogen at a Transition Metal CenterRichard R Schrock; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- In Vivo Antiviral Activity of SaponinsMICHAEL RONER; Fiscal Year: 2007..The extract is well suited to such an application as it is pH stable, is already approved as a food additive, is inexpensive, readily available and is soluble in water. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Purification of Oligonucleotides and Nucleoside TriphosphatesWilliam Pearson; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed work seeks to further develop an entirely new method for oligonucleotide purification, thus streamlining the development and production of these crucial substances. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PET Studies of Alcohol Distribution and MetabolismAndrew Gifford; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Dual Purpose b-Lactamase InhibitorsJOHN BUYNAK; Fiscal Year: 2004..A group of scientists, including chemists, microbiologists, enzymologists, and crystallographers has been assembled to allow rapid optimization of SAR. ..
- Animal model for inhalant abuseAndrew Gifford; Fiscal Year: 2004..Additionally, an animal model for inhalant abuse will aid further exploration of the factors contributing to the predisposition, development and potential treatment of inhalant abuse. ..
- MODULATION OF NEUROTRANSMITTER RELEASE BY CANNABINOIDSAndrew Gifford; Fiscal Year: 2002..Furthermore, these experiments will give information on the mode of action of cannabinoid antagonists and could suggest novel therapeutic uses for this new class of compounds. ..
- SUBUNIT ASSEMBLY DOMAINS--TARGETS TO LIMIT NEUROTOXICITYScott Belcher; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Actions of Estrogen & Environmental Estrogens on NeuronsScott Belcher; Fiscal Year: 2004..From these results a neuronal "E2-signature cDNA array" will be developed and used in Aim 3 to determine how environmental estrogens influence E2-responsive gene expression in these developing neurons. ..
- NEW SYNTHETIC METHODS FOR ANTICANCER RESEARCHLANNY LIEBESKIND; Fiscal Year: 2007..An underlying theme of the )roposed chemistry is the development of flexible new synthetic methods that will facilitate the structure-activity-relationship studies that lead to the discovery of new medicinal agents. ..
- NEW SYNTHETIC METHODS FOR ANTICANCER RESEARCHLANNY LIEBESKIND; Fiscal Year: 2001..Using cyclobutenedione methodology as a seminal component of each system, metallaquinones and porphyrin quinones are being developed as novel anticancer agents. ..
- Azinomycins - Total Synthesis and Mechanism of ActionRobert Coleman; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Asymmetric Synthesis of Cytotoxic Natural ProductsRobert Coleman; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Purification of Optically Labeled OligonucleotidesWilliam Pearson; Fiscal Year: 2004..Initial work will focus on oligonucleotide probe purification. ..