Genomes and Genes
technetium tc 99m pentetate
Summary: A technetium imaging agent used in renal scintigraphy, computed tomography, lung ventilation imaging, gastrointestinal scintigraphy, and many other procedures which employ radionuclide imaging agents.
Publications197 found, 100 shown here
- Measurement of renal function in patients with Fabry diseaseJ Kleinert
Division of Nephrology and Dialysis, Department of Medicine III, Medical University Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Acta Paediatr Suppl 94:19-23; discussion 9-10. 2005..Conclusion: The use of exact methods, such as inulin clearance, 124I-iothalamate, 99mTc-DTPA, 51Cr-EDTA and iohexol, appears to be mandatory for a robust evaluation of the effects of ERT on GFR in patients with Fabry disease...
- Development of formulae for accurate measurement of the glomerular filtration rate by renal dynamic imagingQian Li
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Peking University First Hospital, Beijing, China
Nucl Med Commun 28:407-13. 2007..Thus, this article explores alternative improved formulae to calculate GFR by renal dynamic imaging...
- Fast 18F labeling of a near-infrared fluorophore enables positron emission tomography and optical imaging of sentinel lymph nodesRichard Ting
Department of Pharmacology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
Bioconjug Chem 21:1811-9. 2010..Facile incorporation of (18)F into a NIRF probe should promote many synergistic PET and NIRF combinations...
- Evaluation of serum creatinine- and cystatin C-based equations for the estimation of glomerular filtration rate in a Chinese populationXiao hua Pei
Division of Nephrology, Department of Geriatrics, School of Public Health, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, PR China
Scand J Urol Nephrol 46:223-31. 2012..This study aimed to evaluate the applicability of a selection of glomerular filtration rate (GFR) estimating equations based on serum creatinine (SCr) and serum cystatin C in a Chinese population...
- Assessment of the CKD-EPI equation to estimate glomerular filtration rate in adults from a Chinese CKD populationY Liao
Division of Nephrology, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
J Int Med Res 39:2273-80. 2011..In conclusion, the CKD-EPI equation was superior to the existing MDRD equations in terms of estimating GFR and we recommend its clinical use in Chinese CKD patients...
- A phase 2 study of (99m)Tc-tilmanocept in the detection of sentinel lymph nodes in melanoma and breast cancerStanley P L Leong
California Pacific Medical Center and Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation and Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 18:961-9. 2011..This novel molecular species provides the basis for potentially enhanced SLN mapping reliability...
- Lymphoseek: a molecular radiopharmaceutical for sentinel node detectionAnne M Wallace
Department of Surgery, University of California, San Diego Comprehensive Cancer Center, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 10:531-8. 2003..We conducted a phase I clinical trial in which Lymphoseek was compared with filtered [(99m)Tc]sulfur colloid (fTcSC) for sentinel node detection in patients with breast cancer...
- Lymphoseek: a molecular imaging agent for melanoma sentinel lymph node mappingAnne M Wallace
Department of Surgery, University of California, San Diego, 200 West Arbor Drive, San Diego, California 92103, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 14:913-21. 2007..We conducted a phase I clinical trial in which Lymphoseek was compared with filtered [(99m)Tc]sulfur colloid (fTcSC) for melanoma sentinel lymph node detection...
- A receptor-targeted fluorescent radiopharmaceutical for multireporter sentinel lymph node imagingDerek K Emerson
Moores UCSD Cancer Center, Department of Radiology, Department of Surgery, and UCSD In Vivo Cancer and Molecular Imaging Center, University of California, San Diego, 3855 Health Sciences Dr, La Jolla, CA 92093
Radiology 265:186-93. 2012..To determine the imaging and receptor-binding properties of a multireporter probe designed for sentinel lymph node (SLN) mapping via nuclear and fluorescence detection...
- Variability of glomerular filtration rate estimation equations in elderly Chinese patients with chronic kidney diseaseXun Liu
Department of Internal Medicine, The Third Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yet sun University, Guangzhou, China
Clin Interv Aging 7:409-15. 2012..However, the applicability of formulas for estimating the glomerular filtration rate (GFR) based on serum creatinine (SC) levels in elderly Chinese patients with CKD is limited...
- (99m)Tc-DTPA renal dynamic imaging method may be unsuitable to be used as the reference method in investigating the validity of CDK-EPI equation for determining glomerular filtration ratePeng Xie
Department of Nuclear Medicine, The Third Hospital, Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang, PR China
PLoS ONE 8:e62328. 2013....
- Pulsating aerosols for drug delivery to the sinuses in healthy volunteersWinfried Möller
Institute for Lung Biology and Disease, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen German Research Center for Environmental Health, Gauting, Germany
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 142:382-8. 2010....
- Is the Chronic Kidney Disease Epidemiology Collaboration four-level race equation better than the cystatin C equation?Xin Du
Department of Nephrology, Nanjing First Hospital Affiliated to Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, China
Nephrology (Carlton) 17:407-14. 2012....
- Combined analysis of phase III trials evaluating [⁹⁹mTc]tilmanocept and vital blue dye for identification of sentinel lymph nodes in clinically node-negative cutaneous melanomaVernon K Sondak
H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, FL, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 20:680-8. 2013..99m)Tc]Tilmanocept is a CD206 receptor-targeted radiopharmaceutical designed for sentinel lymph node (SLN) identification. Two nearly identical nonrandomized phase III trials compared [(99m)Tc]tilmanocept to vital blue dye...
- Deposition of aerosols delivered by nasal route with jet and mesh nebulizersLaurent Vecellio
DTF Aerodrug, Diffusion Technique Française, Tours, France
Int J Pharm 407:87-94. 2011..To quantify the amount of aerosol deposited in different parts of the airways with a commercially available nasal sonic jet nebulizer (NJN) using a sound effect, and to compare its performance with a new nasal mesh nebulizer (NMN)...
- Preoperative sentinel lymph node mapping of the prostate using PET/CT fusion imaging and Ga-68-labeled tilmanocept in an animal modelSean P Stroup
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, UCSD Moores Cancer Center, University of California, San Diego, CA, USA
Clin Exp Metastasis 29:673-80. 2012..Gallium-68-labaled tilmanocept was highly specific for sentinel nodes. Image-guided tumor resection and lymphadenectomy may become a promising future application in urologic oncology and warrants further investigation...
- Cystatin C as a marker of glomerular filtration rate in voluntary kidney donorsKrishnaswamy Jaisuresh
Department of Nephrology and Renal Transplantation, Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India
Exp Clin Transplant 10:14-7. 2012..This study sought to assess the usefulness of serum cystatin C as a marker of glomerular filtration rate in comparison with serum creatinine and serum creatinine-based glomerular filtration rate estimations in voluntary kidney donors...
- Sentinel lymph node accumulation of Lymphoseek and Tc-99m-sulfur colloid using a "2-day" protocolAnne M Wallace
Department of Surgery, University of California, San Diego, CA 92103, USA Moores UCSD Cancer Center, University of California, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Nucl Med Biol 36:687-92. 2009..5+/-3.1%) was statistically equivalent (P=.213). When an intradermal injection is employed, Lymphoseek demonstrated faster injection site clearance than unfiltered [(99m)Tc]sulfur colloid and persistent SLN accumulation for at least 24 h...
- Application of GFR-estimating equations in Chinese patients with chronic kidney diseaseLi Zuo
Institute of Nephrology and Division of Nephrology, First Hospital, Peking University, Beijing, PR China
Am J Kidney Dis 45:463-72. 2005....
- Comparison of methods for determination of glomerular filtration rate: low and high-dose Tc-99m-DTPA renography, predicted creatinine clearance method, and plasma sample methodMajid Assadi
Department of Oncology and Nuclear Medicine, The Persian Gulf Tropical Medicine Research Center, Bushehr University of Medical Sciences, Boostan 19 Alley, 7514763448, Imam Khomeini Street, Bushehr, Iran
Int Urol Nephrol 40:1059-65. 2008..Because of the low cost and negligible radiation burden, this method might be preferred for routine practice in nuclear medicine...
- Comparative evaluation of [(99m)tc]tilmanocept for sentinel lymph node mapping in breast cancer patients: results of two phase 3 trialsAnne M Wallace
Divisions of Surgical Oncology and Plastic Surgery, UCSD Moores Cancer Center, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 20:2590-9. 2013..99m)Tc]Tilmanocept is a novel receptor-targeted radiopharmaceutical evaluated in 2 open-label, nonrandomized, within-patient, phase 3 trials designed to assess the lymphatic mapping performance...
- The gamma camera as an absolute measurement device: determination of glomerular filtration rate in 99mTc-DTPA renography using a dual head gamma cameraOve Carlsen
Department of Clinical Physiology and Nuclear Medicine, Vejle Hospital, Denmark
Nucl Med Commun 25:1021-9. 2004....
- Creatinine- vs. cystatin C-based equations compared with 99mTcDTPA scintigraphy to assess glomerular filtration rate in chronic kidney diseaseHernan Trimarchi
Department of Nephrology, British Hospital of Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Nephrol 25:1003-15. 2012..Gold standard methods for its estimation are expensive and time-consuming. We compared creatinine- versus cystatin C-based equations to measure GFR, employing (99m)Tc-DTPA scintigraphy as the gold standard...
- [Influence of the background activity region selection on the measurement of glomerular filtration rate using the Gates method]Marija Dopuda
Vojnomedicinska akademija, Institut za nuklearnu medicinu, Beograd, Srbija
Vojnosanit Pregl 65:729-32. 2008..The aim of this study was to determine the influence of different background sites on GFR rate assessment using the Gates method...
- Ventilation and aerosolized drug delivery to the paranasal sinuses using pulsating airflow - a preliminary studyWinfried Moeller
Clinical Cooperation Group Inflammatory Lung Diseases, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen German Research Center for Environmental Health, Gauting, Germany
Rhinology 47:405-12. 2009..This is caused by the nose being an efficient filter for inhaled aerosol particles and the paranasal sinuses being virtually non-ventilated...
- Functional mapping of regional liver asialoglycoprotein receptor amount from single blood sample and SPECTNoriyuki Shuke
Department of Radiology, Asahikawa Medical College, Asahikawa, Hokkaido, Japan
J Nucl Med 44:475-82. 2003....
- The efficacy of Tilmanocept in sentinel lymph mode mapping and identification in breast cancer patients: a comparative review and meta-analysis of the ⁹⁹mTc-labeled nanocolloid human serum albumin standard of careChristopher A Tokin
Division of General Surgery, Department of Surgery, UCSD Moores Cancer Center, University of California, San Diego, 3855 Health Sciences Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Clin Exp Metastasis 29:681-6. 2012..99 % (CI 0.9977-1.0000) localization rate and degree of localization of 2.16 (CI 1.964-2.3600). Tilmanocept was superior to the Nanocoll SOC for both endpoints (P < 0.0001)...
- Receptor measurements via Tc-GSA kinetic modeling are proportional to functional hepatocellular massK Miki
Department of Hepato-Biliary-Pancreatic Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
J Nucl Med 42:733-7. 2001..803; P < 0.0001). CONCLUSION: Tc-GSA measurement of the total receptor amount is proportional to the number of viable hepatocytes and therefore provides a valid assessment of functional liver mass...
- An easy and reproducible semi-automatic method for the evaluation of 99mTc-galactosyl human serum albuminM Koizumi
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Cancer Institute Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Ann Nucl Med 11:345-8. 1997..A newly developed semi-automated method improved data processing time and deviation of indices in 99mTc-GSA studies. This method should substitute for manual ROI determination...
- Simple scintigraphic parameters with Tc-99m galactosyl human serum albumin for clinical staging of chronic hepatocellular dysfunctionK Nakajima
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Kanazawa University Hospital, Takaramachi, Japan
Ann Nucl Med 13:5-11. 1999..In conclusion, the use of the ROI-area normalized nLHL is recommended instead of the conventional LHL15. The indices of LH15 and T-half could be alternatively used as practical parameters for clinical staging in liver function...
- Assessing glomerular filtration rate in healthy Indian adults: a comparison of various prediction equationsSandeep Mahajan
Department of Nephrology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi, India
J Nephrol 18:257-61. 2005..Most of these equations have been derived from Caucasian patients suffering from varying degrees of chronic kidney disease. This study considers the validity of these equations in an Indian population without known kidney disease...
- Tc-99m DTPA renography in children following renal transplantation: its value in the evaluation of rejectionS Sundaraiya
Department of Radiology, Great Ormond Street Hospital, RCS Unit of Biophysics, UCL Institute of Child Health, University of London, London, UK
Pediatr Transplant 11:771-6. 2007..The DRS provides useful information to the nephrologist when taken in conjunction with the biopsy result and other investigations...
- Bispecific MAb aided liposomal drug deliveryY Cao
Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
J Drug Target 8:257-66. 2000..61% dose/g vs. 0.89% dose/g. This bsMAb/liposome strategy show the broad possibilities of selective delivery of cytotoxic drugs or genes to the specific targets...
- A Bayesian regression model for plasma clearanceCharles D Russell
Division of Nuclear Medicine, University of Alabama Hospital and VA Medical Center, Birmingham, Alabama 35233, USA
J Nucl Med 43:762-6. 2002..We evaluated this approach for interpreting plasma clearance curves with the goal of reducing curve-fitting failures and dealing objectively with problem datasets that may arise in clinical settings...
- Optimum sample times for single-injection, multisample renal clearance methodsC D Russell
Division of Nuclear Medicine, University of Alabama Hospital, Birmingham 35233
J Nucl Med 34:1761-5. 1993..With an ERPF agent such as 99mTc-MAG3 or 131I-OIH, sampling must begin by 5 min and continue for at least 90 min. Six logarithmically distributed samples are sufficient...
- Preclinical studies of [(99m)Tc]DTPA-mannosyl-dextran Carl K Hoh
Department of Radiology, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Nucl Med Biol 30:457-64. 2003..15 mGy/MBq and the effective dose was 1.06 x 10(-2) mSv/MBq. This preclinical study demonstrates that [(99m)Tc]DTPA-mannosyl-dextran has no toxicities and has an acceptable biodistribution and radiation dose...
- Pulmonary (99m)Tc-DTPA aerosol clearance and survival in usual interstitial pneumonia (UIP)N Mogulkoc
North West Lung Research Centre, South Manchester University Hospitals, NHS Trust, UK
Thorax 56:916-23. 2001..Clearance of inhaled technetium 99m-labelled diethylenetriamine penta-acetic acid ((99m)Tc-DTPA) from the lungs is a potential indicator of disease progression in patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF)...
- An improved method for determining renal sufficiency using volume of distribution and weight from bolus 99mTc-DTPA, two blood sample, paediatric dataCarl A Wesolowski
Radiology, Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada
Nucl Med Commun 27:963-70. 2006..To present the best estimator of normal, E(G1) = f(V, W)...
- A comparison of prediction equations for estimating glomerular filtration rate in Chinese potential living kidney donorsWen Yu Zhao
Organ Transplantation Institute of PLA, Changzheng Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, PR China
Clin Transplant 23:469-75. 2009..We assessed the suitability of urine-CrCl and prediction equations for evaluating Chinese kidney donors...
- A comparison of bedside renal function estimates and measured glomerular filtration rate (Tc99mDTPA clearance) in cancer patientsS G Poole
Department of Pharmacy, Peter MacCallum Cancer Institute, East Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Ann Oncol 13:949-55. 2002....
- High intratumoural accumulation of stealth liposomal doxorubicin (Caelyx) in glioblastomas and in metastatic brain tumoursM I Koukourakis
Tumour and Angiogenesis Research Group, 18 Dimokratias Ave, Heraklior, Crete, 71306, Greece
Br J Cancer 83:1281-6. 2000..It is concluded that stealth liposomal drugs selectively overcome the blood-brain barrier in the tumoural areas. The clinical importance of this observation is now under investigation...
- Cardiovascular response to dobutamine stress predicts outcome in severe sepsis and septic shockAnand Kumar
Section of Critical Care Medicine, Health Sciences Centre St, Boniface Hospital, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Crit Care 12:R35. 2008..The objective of this study was to assess cardiovascular and metabolic responses to dobutamine as correlates of outcome in patients with severe sepsis or septic shock...
- Does technetium-99m diethylenetriaminepentaacetate clearance predict the clinical course of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis?Marco Mura
Unita operativa Fisiopatologia Respiratoria, Policlinico Sant Orsola Malpighi, Bologna
Can Respir J 11:477-9. 2004..99mTc-DTPA clearance did not show any significant correlation with functional tests or HRCT score. These findings indicate that clearance of inhaled 99mTc-DTPA is not of value in following the progress of IPF...
- Characterization of the asialoglycoprotein receptor under hypoxic conditions in primary cultured rat hepatocytesA Hon Kwon
Department of Surgery, Kansai Medical University, Osaka 570 8507, Japan
J Nucl Med 46:321-5. 2005..99m)Tc-Galactosyl-human serum albumin is a liver scintigraphic agent that binds to asialoglycoprotein receptors (ASGP-R) on hepatocytes. We determined the number of ASGP-R during hypoxic conditions in primary cultured rat hepatocytes...
- Patients with autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease hyperfiltrate early in their diseaseHubert Wong
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Nephrology, Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Am J Kidney Dis 43:624-8. 2004..Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors often are used as agents to slow the progression of renal failure, although their effectiveness and starting point in ADPKD remain unclear...
- Comparative study of renal function between standard and modified anatrophic nephrolithotomy by radionuclide renal scansKittinut Kijvikai
Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 87:704-8. 2004..To compare the changes in renal function after surgery between standard and modified anatrophic nephrolithotomy using the technetium 99m-DTPA renal scan in patients with complex staghorn calculi...
- MDRD equations for estimation of GFR in renal transplant recipientsUwe Pöge
Department of Internal Medicine I, University of Bonn, Germany
Am J Transplant 5:1306-11. 2005..5% for MDRD6. MDRD equations perform significantly better than the commonly used C&G formula. Moreover, the MDRD6 equation provides the best diagnostic performance, and should therefore be preferred in renal transplant recipients...
- Filtration fraction and its implications for radionuclide renography using diethylenetriaminepentaacetic acid and mercaptoacetyltriglycineGary F Gates
Nuclear Medicine Department, Providence St Vincent Medical Center, Portland, OR 97225, USA
Clin Nucl Med 29:231-7. 2004..This information was used as the rationale for a renogram protocol using DTPA (to estimate GFR) and MAG3 (to produce images and curves)...
- Diagnostic evaluation of planar and tomographic ventilation/perfusion lung images in patients with suspected pulmonary emboliMarika Bajc
Center for Medical Imaging and Clinical Physiology, University Hospital Lund, 221 85 Lund, Sweden
Clin Physiol Funct Imaging 24:249-56. 2004..V/P(SPET) is amenable to implementation for clinical routine and suitable even when there is demand for a high patient throughput...
- Investigation of pulmonary deposition of a nebulized radiopharmaceutical agent in awake catsRhonda L Schulman
Department of Veterinary Clinical Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Illinois, Urbana, IL 61802, USA
Am J Vet Res 65:806-9. 2004..To determine whether conscious, unsedated cats will inhale a nebulized material administered via a facemask and whether this material will reach the lower airways...
- Influence of hydration status in normal subjects: fractional analysis of parameters of Tc-99m DTPA and Tc-99m MAG3 renographyHyun Suk Jung
Department of Radiology, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea
Ann Nucl Med 19:1-7. 2005..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the influence of hydration status upon renogram patterns and renal physiological parameters and clarify the differences between DTPA and MAG3 studies in normal volunteers...
- Significance of CT attenuation value in liver grafts following right lobe living-donor liver transplantationTaku Iida
First Department of Surgery, Mie University, Tsu, Mie, Japan
Am J Transplant 5:1076-84. 2005..014). Histological findings revealed that the parenchymal damage was severe in the grafts with low CT-AVs. The CT-AVs in the grafts may be a useful parameter for assessing the allograft functional reserve...
- Limitations of glomerular filtration rate equations in the renal transplant patientDharmapaul L Raju
Division of Internal Medicine, University of Sasatchewan, Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Clin Transplant 19:259-68. 2005..59: p. 1683) overestimated GFR by more than 80% and MDRD 1 and 2 in <10% of the time. The results demonstrate the inherited limitation in the currently available equations to calculate GFR in renal transplant patients...
- Acute pulmonary embolism due to hydatid cystCuneyt Turkmen
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul Medical Faculty, Turkey
Clin Nucl Med 29:760-1. 2004
- Relationship between the renal apparent diffusion coefficient and glomerular filtration rate: preliminary experienceYufeng Xu
Department of Radiology, Peking University First Hospital, Beijing, China
J Magn Reson Imaging 26:678-81. 2007..To investigate the relationship between ADC values measured by diffusion-weighted MRI (DWI) and the split glomerular filtration rate (GFR)...
- Effects of measurement of plasma activity input on normalization of glomerular filtration rate to plasma volume in dogsNaruepon Kampa
Department of Surgery, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen, Thailand
Vet Radiol Ultrasound 48:585-93. 2007..With these methods, normal individual GFR/plasma volume in normal beagle dogs was 29.2 +/- 6.5 ml/min/l...
- Evaluation of pulmonary alveolo-capillary permeability in Type 2 diabetes mellitus: using technetium 99mTc-DTPA aerosol scintigraphy and carbon monoxide diffusion capacityKemal Ozşahin
Internal Medicine, Endocrinology and Metabolism Department, Trakya University Medical Faculty, Edirne, Turkey
J Diabetes Complications 20:205-9. 2006..According to our investigation, (99m)Tc-DTPA aerosol scintigraphy method is more sensitive than DLCO method for determining these pathologies...
- Comparisons of the time-activity curves of the cardiac blood pool and liver uptake by 99mTc-GSA dynamic SPECT and measured 99mTc-GSA blood concentrationsYukio Sugai
Department of Radiology, Yamagata University School of Medicine
Ann Nucl Med 20:295-301. 2006....
- Correlation between cystatin C- and renal scan-determined glomerular filtration rate in children with spina bifidaCatherine Morgan
Pediatric Nephrology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Alberta, 2B2 42 Walter Mac Kenzie Health Science Centre, Edmonton, T6G 2R7, AB, Canada
Pediatr Nephrol 23:329-32. 2008....
- Pulmonary clearance of aerosolized 99mTc-DTPA in sarcoidosis I patientsN Watanabe
Department of Medical Imaging, National Institute of Radiological Sciences, Chiba, Japan
Q J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 51:82-90. 2007..The study investigated early pulmonary involvement of sarcoidosis I patients by assessing the pulmonary clearance of inhaled (99m)Tc-DTPA aerosol and the character of pulmonary clearance though systemic steroid therapy...
- Impact of microwave tissue coagulation during laparoscopic partial nephrectomy on postoperative renal functionTakahiro Yasui
Department of Nephro urology, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, 1 Kawasumi, Mizuho cho, Mizuho ku, Nagoya 467 8601, Japan
Int Urol Nephrol 40:277-82. 2008..However, its indication should be restricted to small exophytic renal tumors due to the expected collateral damage causing renal impairment...
- Relationship between (99m)Tc-GSA scintigraphic indices of liver function reserve and portal circulation in patients with chronic liver diseaseHisato Osada
Department of Radiology, Saitama Medical Center, Saitama Medical School, 1981 Kamoda, Kawagoe, Japan
Ann Nucl Med 21:245-9. 2007..The purpose of this study was to examine the relationship between HH15 and LHL15 and portosystemic shunts evaluated with arteriographic portography or esophagogastroduodenoscopy...
- Comparison of glomerular filtration rate between greyhounds and non-Greyhound dogsWm Tod Drost
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus 43210, USA
J Vet Intern Med 20:544-6. 2006..8). Therefore, the higher SCr concentration in Greyhounds is not attributable to decreased GFR, and may be associated with the high muscle mass in the breed. Healthy Greyhounds have higher GFR than do non-Greyhound dogs...
- Effect of observer variability on glomerular filtration rate measurement by renal scintigraphy in dogsNaruepon Kampa
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Public Health, Division of Diagnostic Imaging and Clinical Chemistry, University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala, Sweden
Vet Radiol Ultrasound 47:212-21. 2006..In sequential examinations the same person should make all the measurements...
- Classification of Tc-99m DTPA renograms based on the relationship between uptake and perfusion patternA Aktas
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Baskent University, Ankara, Turkey
Transplant Proc 37:4259-65. 2005..The aim was to reveal the pathophysiological significance of different perfusion-uptake patterns observed on Tc-99m DTPA renal scintigraphy...
- Delivery of an erythropoietin-Fc fusion protein by inhalation in humans through an immunoglobulin transport pathwayJennifer A Dumont
Syntonix Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Waltham, Massachusetts 02451, USA
J Aerosol Med 18:294-303. 2005....
- Video-assisted thoracic surgery is minimally invasive, but is it less traumatic?S H Chou
Department of Surgery, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 53:310-4. 2005..This study aimed to evaluate whether the procedure is less traumatic to the ipsilateral non-diseased lobe(s) than open thoracotomy (OT) during pulmonary resection by a comparison of alveolar-capillary membrane (A/C) permeability...
- The significance of Tc-99m DTPA renal scintigraphy for the demonstration of progressive functional changes that accompany chronic allograft nephropathyA Aktas
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Baskent University, Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Transplant Proc 37:3124-9. 2005..In this study, we graded Tc-99m diethylenetriaminepentaacetic acid (DTPA) renogram curves with respect to the perfusion/uptake pattern and correlated these findings with biopsy results in patients with CAN...
- Reproducibility and repeatability of differential renal function in 4-week-old pigletsThomas H Dissing
Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Aarhus, Denmark
Nucl Med Commun 29:76-82. 2008..A recent publication cast doubt as to the reliability of the renogram in providing DRF in the young child...
- Mechanical injuries to the ipsilateral non-diseased lobes(s) during pulmonary resection--another factor causing postoperative complicationsY W Chen
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan Republic of China
Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 55:450-3. 2007..However, peri-surgical injuries to the ipsilateral non-diseased lobes(s) occurring during resection have never been mentioned in the literature. This study aimed to verify the injury in cases after lobectomy and wedge resection...
- Effect of tepoxalin on renal function in healthy dogs receiving an angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitorM Fusellier
Unité de Physiopathologie Animale et Pharmacologie Fonctionnelle, UPSP, ENV Nantes, Nantes Cedex, France
J Vet Pharmacol Ther 28:581-6. 2005..No significant change was obtained in GFR after a 28-day period of dosing with tepoxalin and benazepril together. Therefore, it was concluded that tepoxalin did not alter renal function in healthy Beagle dogs receiving ACEI...
- [Comparison of single plasma sample methods and prediction of dual plasma sample method in measurement of 99mTc-Diethylene Triamine Pentaacetic Acid plasma clearance]Ying Chun Ma
Peking University First Hospital, Institute of Nephrology, Beijing 100034, China
Beijing Da Xue Xue Bao 37:633-7. 2005....
- [Comparison of six radionuclidic and non-radionuclidic methods for the assessment of glomerular filtration rate in patients with chronic renal failure]Andreas Fotopoulos
Nuclear Medicine Department, University Hospital Ioanninon, P O BOX 1315, 45101 Ioannina Greece
Hell J Nucl Med 9:133-40. 2006..83). In conclusion, the radionuclidic methods in patients with chronic renal failure are reliable and reproducible, closely resembling those of inulin clearance. The among all radionuclidic methods, (99m)Tc-DTPA(+) shows the best results...
- Radionuclide staging of renal function in type 1 diabetes mellitusMilena Rajic
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Clinical Center and Faculty of Medicine, University of Nis, Serbia
Ren Fail 29:685-91. 2007..Additionally, glomerular and tubular functions were correlated with urinary albumin (UAER) and N-acetyl-beta-D-glucosaminidase (NAGA) excretion rates...
- Rounding of low serum creatinine levels and consequent impact on accuracy of bedside estimates of renal function in cancer patientsM J Dooley
Pharmacy Department, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, St Andrew s Place, East Melbourne 3002, Australia
Br J Cancer 90:991-5. 2004..If the resultant CrCl is </=100 ml min(-1), then the Scr should be rounded up to 0.06 mmol l(-1) and CrCl recalculated. Further assessment of this approach is warranted in a larger cohort of patients...
- Asialoglycoprotein receptor concentration in tumor-bearing livers and its fate early after their sectorial resectionXiao Feng Li
Department of Biotracer Medicine, Kanazawa University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Japan
Ann Nucl Med 17:489-93. 2003..The aim of the present study was to investigate asialoglycoprotein receptor (ASGP-R) status in tumor-bearing livers and early after their sectorial resection employing 99mTc-DTPA-galactosyl human serum albumin (99mTc-GSA) dynamic SPECT...
- Technetium-99m-DTPA aerosol scintigraphy in amiodarone induced pulmonary toxicity in comparison with Ga-67 scintigraphyAysegul Dirlik
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Medical Faculty, Ege University, Izmir, Turkey
Ann Nucl Med 16:477-81. 2002....
- Investigation of pulmonary epithelial permeability in patients after hyperbaric oxygen therapy by 99mTc diethylenetriaminepentaacetic acid aerosol inhalation lung scintigraphyY C Chang
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital and Chang Gung University, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Nucl Med Commun 23:569-72. 2002..05, paired t test). It is concluded that there was no demonstrable pulmonary epithelial permeability change under current clinical HBOT protocol...
- Technetium-99m DTPA dimethyl ester: a renal function imaging agent. Comparative studies in animals with technetium-99m mercaptoacetyl triglycine and 131I-ortho-iodohippurateK Bhowal
Nuclear Medicine Division, Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, 4, Raja S C Mullick Road, Kolkata 700032, India
Nucl Med Commun 24:583-95. 2003....
- 99mTc-N, N'-bis(aminoethyl)propanediamine hexaacetic acid (BPHA): a glomerular filtration agent similar to 99mTc-DTPAGuozheng Liu
Isotope Department, China Institute of Atomic Energy, Beijing, Peoples Republic of China
Nucl Med Biol 29:399-404. 2002..Excellent kidney images both in rabbits and a human volunteer were obtained. The significance of higher GFR estimates using 99mTc-BPHA compared to 99mTc-DTPA is discussed...
- Dynamic three-dimensional MR renography for the measurement of single kidney function: initial experienceVivian S Lee
Department of Radiology MRI, New York University Medical Center, 530 First Ave, HCC Basement, New York, NY 10016, USA
Radiology 227:289-94. 2003..76); differences between the two methods averaged 0.8% +/- 8. MR renography was performed along with contrast material-enhanced MR imaging of the kidneys and renal arteries and added 8 minutes or less to the total examination time...
- The single-plasma-sample method for determining the glomerular filtration rate with Tc-99m-diethylenetriamine pentaacetic acid in childhood and adolescence: is it age-dependent?Kazuo Itoh
Department of Radiology, JR Sapporo General Hospital, Japan
Ann Nucl Med 16:541-8. 2002..In addition, the age-independent SPSM is evaluated with two algorithms (Bubeck and Russell) applied for Tc-99m-mercaptoacetyltriglycine (Tc-99m-MAG3) SPSM...
- Use of plasma clearance of technetium Tc 99m pentetate to estimate renal clearance during postnatal development in pigsAnni Eskild-Jensen
Institute of Experimental Clinical Research, University of Aarhus, Denmark
Am J Vet Res 63:1203-6. 2002To compare renal clearance of technetium Tc 99m pentetate with plasma clearance by use of a glomerular filtration rate technique in pigs from 3 to 24 weeks of age. Animals: 24 female pigs.
- Functional renal imaging with nuclear medicineA J W Hilson
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Royal Free Hospital, Pond Street, London NW3 2QG, United Kingdom
Abdom Imaging 28:176-9. 2003
- Renal ptosis and change of glomerular filtration values in the upright and supine positionsFederica Carola
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Poloclinico Multimedica, Sesto San Giovanni, Milan, Italy
Clin Nucl Med 28:150-3. 2003
- Aerosolized protein delivery in asthma: gamma camera analysis of regional deposition and perfusionS Sangwan
Department of Medicine, State University of New York at Stony Brook, 11794-8172, USA
J Aerosol Med 14:185-95. 2001..We conclude that inhaled bioavailability of aerosolized protein, as expressed by AUC, is a quantifiable function of lung dose and regional deposition as defined by planar scintigraphy...
- Correlation of pulmonary 99mTc-DTPA ventilation and 99mTc-MAA perfusion scans with pulmonary function tests in asymptomatic asthmatic childrenZ K Dai
Department of Pediatrics, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Nucl Med Commun 24:819-24. 2003..The pathophysiology of V/Q defects in asymptomatic asthmatic children warrants further investigation...
- The value of quantitative Tc-99m diethylenetriamine pentaacetic acid scintigraphy for assessing pediatric renal transplant recipientsE A Gencoglu
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Baskent University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Transplant Proc 35:2630-3. 2003
- Predictors of successful hepatic resection: prognostic usefulness of hepatic asialoglycoprotein receptor analysisNorihiro Kokudo
Department of Surgery, Cancer Institute Hospital, 1 37 1 Kami Ikebukuro, Toshima ku, Tokyo, Japan 170 8455
World J Surg 26:1342-7. 2002..Cirrhotic patients and patients with a low R0-remnant are at higher risk for postoperative liver failure. The present study confirms the usefulness of hepatic asialogycoprotein receptor analysis in liver surgery...
- A comparison of prediction equations for estimating glomerular filtration rate in adults without kidney diseaseJulie Lin
Renal Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 14:2573-80. 2003..Further studies are needed to derive and assess GFR prediction equations in people with normal or mildly impaired renal function...
- Nebuliser hood compared to mask in wheezy infants: aerosol therapy without tears!I Amirav
Pediatric Department, Sieff Hospital, Safed, Israel
Arch Dis Child 88:719-23. 2003..Small volume nebulisers (SVNs) with masks commonly provide aerosol therapy for infants with lung diseases. However, infants and toddlers are often disturbed by and thus reject masks...
- Effect of sample number and time on determination of plasma clearance of technetium Tc 99m pentetate and orthoiodohippurate sodium I 131 in dogs and catsP Y Barthez
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus 43210, USA
Am J Vet Res 61:280-5. 2000To determine the effect of number of blood samples and sampling times on plasma clearance of technetium Tc 99m pentetate (Tc99mP) and orthoiodohippurate sodium I 131(OIH).
- Can modifications of the MDRD formula improve the estimation of glomerular filtration rate in renal allograft recipients?Uwe Pöge
Department of Internal Medicine I, University of Bonn, Sigmund Freud Strasse 25, D 53105 Bonn, Germany
Nephrol Dial Transplant 22:3610-5. 2007..Although precise determination of GFR is of central importance in renal transplant recipients, these equations have not been tested in these patients so far...
- Beta-trace protein-based equations for calculation of GFR in renal transplant recipientsU Pöge
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Am J Transplant 8:608-15. 2008..43 mL/min/1.73 m(2)(p = 0.001), and was inferior with respect to precision and 50% accuracy (79.4%). BTP-based GFR calculations are reliable, and may serve as an alternative to the re-expressed MDRD equation...
- Small-bowel permeability in collagenous colitisSigne Wildt
Department of Gastroenterology, University Hospital of Copenhagen, Denmark
Scand J Gastroenterol 41:1044-9. 2006..The purpose of this research was to study small-bowel function in patients with CC as expressed by intestinal permeability...
- Pulmonary function, bronchial reactivity, and epithelial permeability are response phenotypes to ozone and develop differentially in healthy humansLoretta G Que
Division of Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 111:679-87. 2011..Random overlap among subjects classified as responsive for respective FEV₁, AHR, and EI endpoints suggests these are separate and independent phenotypes of O₃ exposure...
- Lung clearance of 99mTc-DTPA in systemic lupus erythematosusP T R Dalcin
Departamento de Medicina Interna, Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, RS, Brasil
Braz J Med Biol Res 35:663-8. 2002..We conclude that the pulmonary clearance of 99mTc-DTPA is increased in SLE patients with active disease...
- Tracheal blood flow and luminal clearance of 99mTc-DTPA in sheepZ Hanafi
Department of Physiology, St George s Hospital Medical School, London, United Kingdom
J Appl Physiol (1985) 73:1273-81. 1992..2, -80.1 +/- 3.5%, respectively) and venous outflow (-11.0 +/- 4.8, -29.7 +/- 7.2%) but increased 99mTc-DTPA output (+45.9 +/- 27.5, +167.4 +/- 70.4%) and concentration (+64.7 +/- 26.7, +305.7 +/- 110.2%).(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- [Development of automatic analysis for dynamic renal function study using computed tomographic (CT) images]Ryuuji Ikematsu
Center for Diagnostic Imaging, Kurume University Hospital
Nihon Hoshasen Gijutsu Gakkai Zasshi 63:1377-81. 2007..In conclusion, the computer algorithm we developed was considered to provide reliable results, apart from the variability among operators, because of its good reproducibility...
- Positive expiratory pressure changes aerosol distribution in patients with cystic fibrosisBeth L Laube
Department of Pediatrics, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21287 2533, USA
Respir Care 50:1438-44. 2005..We hypothesized that aerosol distribution in the lungs of patients with cystic fibrosis changes with positive expiratory pressure (PEP)...
- Can 99mTc-DTPA aerosol scanning predict radiation pneumonitis?Peter D Correa
Department of Radiation Oncology, Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, India
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 56:367-74. 2003..To investigate whether changes in diethylenetriamine pentaacetic acid (DTPA) aerosol clearance lung scans predict the development of radiation pneumonitis...
- AIRWAY PARTICLE CLEARANCE--ROLE OF BRONCHIAL CIRCULATIONElizabeth Wagner; Fiscal Year: 2001..Furthermore, the results will contribute to an understanding of the factors that both limit and enhance uptake and distribution of aerosols. ..
- Angiogenesis in the LungElizabeth Wagner; Fiscal Year: 2010..In an animal model of chronic pulmonary thromboembolic disease, this project will determine the inflammatory cytokines and cells responsible for new vessel growth, and pharmacological and interventional inhibitors. ..
- Pretest Probability Assessment for Pulmonary EmbolismJEFFREY KLINE; Fiscal Year: 2005..In phase III, we will test the validity of the PE PREtest Consult TM and determine if the use of the PE PREtest ConsultTM will decrease unnecessary testing for PE. ..
- Expired CO2/O2 Analysis to Diagnose Pulmonary EmbolismJEFFREY KLINE; Fiscal Year: 2008..This project will fund a clinical study designed to test the diagnostic accuracy of a hand- held breath device that detects the altered gas exchange physiology caused by PE in post-surgical and other patients at high risk for PE. ..
- Surrogate markers for Severe Pulmonary EmbolismJEFFREY KLINE; Fiscal Year: 2005..This study will determine if criteria that are widely and immediately available in most hospitals can be used to risk-stratify severity of PE and to clarify the role of nonmalignant thrombophilias on the prognosis of PE. ..
- A New Radiotracer for Sentinel Node Mapping of Colon CancerCarl Hoh; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A New Radiotracer for Prostate Sentinel Node MappingAnne Wallace; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MRI Evaluation of Acute Renal Transplant DysfunctionVivian Lee; Fiscal Year: 2008..At its conclusion, our study has a high likelihood of showing that functional MR renography for differentiating intrinsic renal diseases, will be an accurate tool for acute renal transplant dysfunction. ..
- Dose and image quality in adult and pediatric CTWalter Huda; Fiscal Year: 2006..Determine the choice of kVp/mAs and PR/mAs that minimize patient doses with no loss of diagnostic performance. 3. Help the Radiology community to balance the confliciting requirements of image quality and patient doses in clinical CT. ..
- REAL-TIME FLUORESCENCE-ACTIVATED RENAL MONITORCARLOS RABITO; Fiscal Year: 2002..proposed commercial application: not available ..
- Pretargeting mouse tumor with anti-PSMA antibody-MORFGuozheng Liu; Fiscal Year: 2005..Based on our experiences in this pretargeting strategy, we are confident that these investigations on the pretargeting imaging of prostate cancer models with MORFs will be successful. ..
- COMPREHENSIVE MR EVALUATION OF RENOVASCULAR DISEASEVivian Lee; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Magnetic Resonance Renography:Validation StudiesVivian Lee; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..