technetium tc 99m medronate
Summary: A gamma-emitting radionuclide imaging agent used primarily in skeletal scintigraphy. Because of its absorption by a variety of tumors, it is useful for the detection of neoplasms.
Publications237 found, 100 shown here
- A new computer-based decision-support system for the interpretation of bone scansMay Sadik
Department of Clinical Physiology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
Nucl Med Commun 27:417-23. 2006..To develop a completely automated method, based on image processing techniques and artificial neural networks, for the interpretation of bone scans regarding the presence or absence of metastases...
- The detection of bone metastases in patients with high-risk prostate cancer: 99mTc-MDP Planar bone scintigraphy, single- and multi-field-of-view SPECT, 18F-fluoride PET, and 18F-fluoride PET/CTEinat Even-Sapir
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Tel Aviv, Israel
J Nucl Med 47:287-97. 2006..The aim of this study was to compare the detection of bone metastases by 99mTc-methylene diphosphonate (99mTc-MDP) planar bone scintigraphy (BS), SPECT, 18F-Fluoride PET, and 18F-Fluoride PET/CT in patients with high-risk prostate cancer...
- Nonosseous abnormalities on bone scansIssa Loutfi
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Kuwait University, Safat, Kuwait
J Nucl Med Technol 31:149-53; quiz 154-6. 2003....
- The optimized evaluation of diabetic foot infection by dual isotope SPECT/CT imaging protocolSherif I Heiba
Nuclear Medicine Service, Nuclear Medicine Division, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029 6574, USA
J Foot Ankle Surg 49:529-36. 2010..This combined imaging technique promises to beneficially impact diabetic patient care...
- Whole body PET for the evaluation of bony metastases in patients with breast cancer: comparison with 99Tcm-MDP bone scintigraphyM Ohta
Department of Surgery, Tokai University School of Medicine, Bohseidai, Isehara, Kanagawa, Japan
Nucl Med Commun 22:875-9. 2001..In conclusion, FDG-PET appears to be a powerful tool not only in the diagnosis of the primary lesion and soft tissue metastasis, but also in the diagnosis of bony metastasis among patients with breast cancer...
- Detection of bone metastases in breast cancer by 18FDG PET: differing metabolic activity in osteoblastic and osteolytic lesionsG J Cook
Clinical Positron Emission Tomography Centre and Department of Oncology, Guys Hospital, United Medical and Dental Schools, London, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 16:3375-9. 1998..We have compared 18FDG PET with 99mTc MDP bone scintigraphy in patients with skeletal metastases from breast cancer and have analyzed the data in subgroups based on radiographic characteristics of lesions...
- Global skeletal uptake of 99mTc-methylene diphosphonate (GSU) in patients affected by endocrine diseases: comparison with biochemical markers of bone turnoverA Scillitani
Division and Research Unit of Endocrinology, Scientific Institute Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza, San Giovanni Rotondo, Italy
Osteoporos Int 13:829-34. 2002..The behavior of GSU and OC and U-DPD is non-uniform in disorders characterized by a marked uncoupling between bone formation and resorption...
- Comparing whole body (18)F-2-deoxyglucose positron emission tomography and technetium-99m methylene diphosphonate bone scan to detect bone metastases in patients with breast cancerS N Yang
Department of Radiation Therapy and Oncology, China Medical College Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 128:325-8. 2002..We attempted to evaluate the usefulness of FDG-PET for detecting bone metastases in breast cancer and to compare FDG-PET results with bone scan findings...
- Quantitative measurements of bone remodeling using 99mTc-methylene diphosphonate bone scans and blood samplingAmelia E B Moore
School of Medicine, King s College London, London, United Kingdom
J Nucl Med 49:375-82. 2008..3 y) before participation in a clinical trial of an osteoporosis therapy. The aim was to compare the consistency and accuracy of the 3 methods before their use in evaluating the subjects' response to treatment...
- Quantitative studies of bone in postmenopausal women using (18)F-fluoride and (99m)Tc-methylene diphosphonateGlen M Blake
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Guy s Hospital, London, United Kingdom
J Nucl Med 43:338-45. 2002..In this study we evaluated their use to quantify bone turnover in women receiving antiresorptive therapy compared with that of untreated control subjects...
- Age- and sex-related bone uptake of Tc-99m-HDP measured by whole-body bone scanningW Brenner
Klinik für Nuklearmedizin, Christian Albrechts Universitat zu Kiel
Nuklearmedizin 39:127-32. 2000....
- Effects of 99mTc-MIBI and 99mTc-MDP administration on dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry bone mineral density measurementsGul Gumuser
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Celal Bayar University, Manisa, Turkey
Nucl Med Commun 30:445-8. 2009....
- Gamut: soft tissue uptake of bone radiopharmaceuticalsMurat Tuncel
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Hacettepe University, Medical School, Ankara, Turkey
Semin Nucl Med 33:334-7. 2003
- Assessment of regional changes in skeletal metabolism following 3 and 18 months of teriparatide treatmentAmelia E B Moore
King s College London, Guy s Campus, London, United Kingdom
J Bone Miner Res 25:960-7. 2010..This is the first study showing a direct metabolic effect of TPTD at different skeletal sites in vivo, as measured by tracer kinetics...
- Validation of ultrafiltration as a method of measuring free 99mTc-MDPAmelia E B Moore
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Guy s Hospital, London, United Kingdom
J Nucl Med 44:891-7. 2003....
- Comparison of 18FDG-PET with 99mTc-HMDP scintigraphy for the detection of bone metastases in patients with breast cancerKoichiro Abe
Department of Clinical Radiology, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Ann Nucl Med 19:573-9. 2005..The purpose of this study was to compare the diagnostic accuracy of 18FDG-PET with bone scintigraphy in detecting bone metastasis in breast cancer patients...
- Sentinel lymph node imaging and research after bone scintigraphy in breast cancer patientsP Bourgeois
Service of Nuclear Medicine, Institut Jules Bordet, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium
Breast 12:194-202. 2003..It is concluded that the SLN technique can be accurately performed just after one BS...
- Bone scintiscanning in osteolytic lesionsShrikant Solav
SPECT LAB, Nuclear Medicine Services, K 2 1 Erandawana Coop Society, Opposite Dinanath Mangeshkar Hospital, Pune
Clin Nucl Med 29:12-20. 2004..Interestingly, the scans in these patients helped to show if the lesions were monoostotic or polyostotic and, in some cases, ruled out malignant or infective etiology...
- Bone scintigraphy: procedure guidelines for tumour imagingEmilio Bombardieri
Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori, Milano, Italy
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 30:BP99-106. 2003
- What is the role of bone scintigraphy in the diagnosis of infected joint prostheses?Ana Benítez Segura
S Medicina Nuclear, CSUB, Hospital de Bellvitge, c Feixa Llarga s n, 08970 L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Nucl Med Commun 25:527-32. 2004..To analyse the role played by bone scintigraphy in the diagnosis of infected joint prostheses...
- A comparative study of 201Tl scintigraphy and three-phase bone scintigraphy following therapy in patients with bone and soft-tissue tumorsYoshihiro Nishiyama
Department of Radiology, Faculty of Medicine, Kagawa University, Kita gun, Japan
Ann Nucl Med 18:235-41. 2004....
- 99mTc depreotide scan compared with 99mTc-MDP bone scintigraphy for the detection of bone metastases and prediction of response to hormonal treatment in patients with breast cancerBieke Van Den Bossche
Division of Nuclear Medicine, Ghent University Hospital, Ghent, Belgium
Nucl Med Commun 25:787-92. 2004....
- Biodistribution and pharmacokinetics of variously molecular sized 117mSn(II)-polyethyleneiminomethyl phosphonate complexes in the normal primate model as potential selective therapeutic bone agentsJan R Zeevaart
Radiochemistry, South African Nuclear Energy Corporation NECSA, Pretoria, South Africa
Arzneimittelforschung 54:340-7. 2004..This paper relates the labelling, biodistribution and pharmacokinetics of various fractions of 117mSn-(II) PEI-MP in the normal primate model, and points to promising therapeutic possibilities...
- Frequency of skeletal metastases in nasopharyngeal carcinoma after initiation of therapy: should bone scans be used for follow-up?M Caglar
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Hacettepe University Medical Faculty, Ankara, Turkey
Nucl Med Commun 24:1231-6. 2003..We can therefore recommend that bone scintigraphy be used in determining the presence of bone metastases, but its utilization should be preserved for those with nodal involvement...
- Evaluation of 67 Ga citrate and 99m Tc bone scintigraphy at initial examination for primary oral squamous cell carcinomaKojiro Onizawa
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki Ken, Japan
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 61:913-7. 2003....
- Comparing whole body 18F-2-deoxyglucose positron emission tomography and technetium-99m methylene diophosphate bone scan to detect bone metastases in patients with non-small cell lung cancerT C Hsia
Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care Medicine, China Medical College Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
Neoplasma 49:267-71. 2002....
- Octreotide imaging plus bone scintigrams to optimally localize gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine tumorsAlexandra Le Duc-Pennec
Nuclear Medicine Department, Buc, France
Clin Nucl Med 28:5-8. 2003..They used a bicolor scale to display pairs of scintigrams to easily identify the distribution of both tracers...
- Acute hematogenous osteomyelitis of children: assessment of skeletal scintigraphy-based diagnosis in the era of MRILeonard P Connolly
Department of Radiology, Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Nucl Med 43:1310-6. 2002..This study evaluated a strategy in which skeletal scintigraphy is the primary and MRI a supplemental test...
- Are serial bone scans useful for the follow-up of clinically localized, low to intermediate grade prostate cancer managed with watchful observation alone?B K Yap
Toronto Sunnybrook Regional Cancer Centre, Ontario, Canada
BJU Int 91:613-7. 2003..To assess the predictive value of serial bone scans as a surveillance tool for bone metastasis in men with clinically localized prostate cancer and managed with watchful observation...
- A reassessment of bone scintigraphy and commonly tested pretreatment biochemical parameters in newly diagnosed osteosarcomaM P M Stokkel
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Leiden University Medical Center, P O Box 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 128:393-9. 2002..The aim of the present study was to investigate whether routinely tested biochemical parameters or additional parameters on bone scintigraphy could be identified which can select prognostic subgroups at the time of diagnosis...
- 99mTc-MIBI scintigraphy in untreated stage III multiple myeloma: comparison with X-ray skeletal survey and bone scintigraphyE Alper
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Uludag University School of Medicine, Bursa, Turkey
Nucl Med Commun 24:537-42. 2003..Hence, in active MM patients, 99mTc-MIBI imaging has the potential to detect bone marrow disease that cannot be detected by skeletal survey and bone scintigraphy...
- Comparative whole-body 201Tl and bone scintigraphies for the detection of bone marrow involvement in multiple myelomaY Nishiyama
Department of Radiology, Faculty of Medicine, Kagawa Medical University, Kita gun, Kagawa, Japan
Nucl Med Commun 24:977-86. 2003..201Tl-chloride scintigraphy is a non-invasive tool, which may be more useful than bone scintigraphy for the diagnosis of multiple myeloma, and may be helpful in the follow-up of multiple myeloma...
- [Comparison of serum prostate specific antigen levels and bone scintigraphy in patients with prostate carcinoma]Jurgita Bielickaite
Clinic of Radiology, Kaunas University of Medicine, Eiveniu 2, 3000 Kaunas, Lithuania
Medicina (Kaunas) 39:867-71. 2003..The bone scintigraphy should be performed in all patients with prostate specific antigen level above 18 ng/ml, but it is of limited value in patients with prostate specific antigen level below 18 ng/ml...
- The role of bone scan in the diagnosis of Jaffé-Lichtenstein-Uehlinger syndromeDaniela Chroustova
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University Hospital Kralovske Vinohrady, Prague, Czech Republic
Nucl Med Rev Cent East Eur 7:87-9. 2004..A biopsy with histology was performed in consideration of bone scan findings and a confirmed final diagnosis...
- A clinical assessment of the relationship between bone scintigraphy and serum biochemical markers in hemodialysis patientsSeiji Kurata
Division of Nuclear Medicine and Department of Radiology, Kurume University School of Medicine, Fukuoka, Japan
Ann Nucl Med 18:513-8. 2004..In this study, we examined the correlation between quantifying bone scintigraphy and serum biochemical markers in hemodialysis patients...
- [18F-FDG PET and bone scintigraphy to search for bone metastasis of lung cancer]V Aflalo-Hazan
Service de Medecine Nucleaire, Hopital Tenon, AP HP, 4, rue de la Chine, 75970 Paris Cedex 20
Rev Pneumol Clin 62:164-9. 2006..Using a computed tomography scan with the 18F-FDG PET could further limit the contribution of bone scintigraphy by providing more precision concerning foci identified on the PET scan...
- Diagnostic accuracy of bone metastases detection in cancer patients: comparison between bone scintigraphy and whole-body FDG-PETRyota Fujimoto
Department of Diagnostic Imaging and Nuclear Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Japan
Ann Nucl Med 20:399-408. 2006..To evaluate the influence of PET on detection of bone metastasis, we compared the diagnostic accuracy of PET and conventional bone scintigraphy (BS) in a variety of cancer patients...
- SPECT/multislice low-dose CT: a clinically relevant constituent in the imaging algorithm of nononcologic patients referred for bone scintigraphyEinat Even-Sapir
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Tel Aviv, Israel
J Nucl Med 48:319-24. 2007..The purpose of this prospective study was to assess the role of SPECT/multislice low-dose (Msl) CT as a constituent in the imaging algorithm of nononcologic patients referred for 99mTc-methylene diphosphonate bone scintigraphy (BS)...
- Bone scintigraphy in the monitoring of treatment effect of bisphosphonates in bone metastatic breast cancerL Chavdarova
Clinic of Nuclear Medicine, National Hospital of Oncology, Sofia, Bulgaria
J BUON 11:499-504. 2006..The aim of this retrospective study was to assess the possibilities of whole-body bone scintigraphy (WB BSc) in the monitoring of the effect of biphosphonate treatment in patients with breast cancer and bone metastases...
- 18F-fluorodeoxyglucose-positron emission tomography and bone scintigraphy for detecting bone metastases in patients with malignancies of the upper aerodigestive tractMi Ra Kim
Department of Otolaryngology, Bundang Jaesaeng General Hospital, Sungnam, South Korea
Oral Oncol 44:148-52. 2008..12.5%, P<0.001) and had lower mean SUVmax (2.4 vs. 5.6, P<0.001). FDG-PET is not more accurate than BS for detecting bone metastasis in patients with UADT cancer. Positive findings on FDG-PET or BS require further confirmation...
- Effect of age and gender on the number and distribution of sites in Paget's disease of boneM J Haddaway
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital, Oswestry, Shropshire SY10 7AG, UK
Br J Radiol 80:532-6. 2007..The lesser involvement at the axial sites in monostotic disease may lead to overestimation of the decline in PDB based on abdominal radiographs...
- The semiquantitative bone scintigraphy index correlates with serum tartrate-resistant acid phosphatase activity in breast cancer patients with bone metastasisShih Hung Tsai
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Tri Service General Hospital, National Defense Medical Center, No 325 Cheng Kung Road, Sec 2, Neihu 114, Taipei, Taiwan
Mayo Clin Proc 82:917-26. 2007....
- AJR Teaching File: multiple symmetric abnormalities in a radionuclide bone scanBa D Nguyen
Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic Scottsdale, 13400 E Shea Blvd, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 189:S32-4. 2007
- Skeletal PET with 18F-fluoride: applying new technology to an old tracerFrederick D Grant
Division of Nuclear Medicine PET, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Nucl Med 49:68-78. 2008..The favorable imaging performance and the clinical utility of (18)F-fluoride PET, compared with (99m)Tc-diphosphonate scintigraphy, support the reconsideration of (18)F-fluoride as a routine bone-imaging agent...
- The contribution of bone SPECT to the diagnosis of bone metastases in an African populationAhmed E Elmadani
Institute of Nuclear Medicine, Molecular Biology and Oncology, University of Gezira, Wadi Medani, Sudan
Nucl Med Commun 29:254-9. 2008..This has not been demonstrated in an African population, however, where patients typically present with more advanced disease...
- [Procollagen-I, collagen telopeptide I, CEA, CA 15-3 as compared to bone scintigraphy in patients with breast cancer]Athanassios Zissimopoulos
Medical School of Democritus University of Thrace, Alexandroupolis, Greece
Hell J Nucl Med 9:60-4. 2006..05). The sensitivity of PICP, ICTP, CEA and CA 15-3 was 28.1%, 48.6%, 78%, 42% respectively and their specificity was 83.9%, 94%, 65% and 86% respectively...
- Bone turnover markers and bone scintigraphy in the evaluation of the skeletal metastasesBeata E Chrapko
Chair and Department of Nuclear Medicine, Skubiszewski Medical University of Lublin, Poland
Nucl Med Rev Cent East Eur 8:100-4. 2005..The aim of this study was evaluation of the clinical usefulness of bone scintigraphy and of serum bone turnover marker levels in the assessment of skeletal metastases...
- Radioisotope bone scans in the preoperative staging of hepatopancreatobiliary cancerH Sheth
University Department of Surgery, Royal Free Hospital, London, UK
Br J Surg 92:203-7. 2005..The aim of the study was to determine the value of radioisotope bone scans in the preoperative staging of patients with hepatopancreatobiliary (HPB) cancer...
- [Correlation in imaging techniques for the early detection of bone metastases in a case of breast cancer]Irena Raileanu
Universitatea de Medicină si Farmacie Gr T Popa Iaşi, Facultatea de Medicina, Disciplina de Biofizică si Medicină nucleară
Rev Med Chir Soc Med Nat Iasi 108:210-3. 2004..In conclusion, an extensive scintigraphic examination, including PET, is necessary to optimize the osteofil cancer metastases detection...
- Demonstration of large bladder diverticulum on bone scanCheng Pei Chang
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, National Defense Medical Center, and National Yang Ming University School of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
Clin Nucl Med 30:276-7. 2005..Transverse magnetic resonance images showed a large diverticulum originating from the left lateral wall of the bladder. The pelvic findings on the bone scan were the result of tracer retained within this diverticulum...
- The potential use of 99mTc-MDP bone scans to plan high-activity 186Re-HEDP targeted therapy of bony metastases from prostate cancerDavid Binnie
Institute of Cancer Research, Royal Marsden Hospital Foundation Trust, Sutton SM2 5PT, UK
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 20:189-94. 2005....
- Usefulness of whole PTH assay in patients with renal osteodystrophy--correlation with bone scintigraphyHayato Kaida
Division of Nuclear Medicine, PET Center and Department of Radiology, Kurume University School of Medicine, Fukuoka, Japan
Ann Nucl Med 19:179-84. 2005..As such, a whole PTH assay has recently been developed. The purpose of this study was to examine the usefulness of a whole PTH assay using the bone to soft tissue (B/ST) ratio on bone scintigraphy...
- Osteoblastic bone metastases in breast cancer: is not seeing believing?Ignac Fogelman
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Guy s, King s and St Thomas School of Medicine, Guy s Campus, London, SE1 9RT, UK
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 32:1250-2. 2005
- Relative roles of bone scintigraphy and positron emission tomography in assessing the treatment response of bone metastasesJ R Garcia
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 32:1243-4. 2005
- Pitfalls of FDG-PET for the diagnosis of osteoblastic bone metastases in patients with breast cancerTakako Nakai
Department of Radiology, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 32:1253-8. 2005....
- The role of 99mTc(V)-DMSA scan as compared to 99mTc-MDP and CT scans in imaging the primary tumor and metastases of osteosarcomaAthanassios Zissimopoulos
Dimokrition University School of Medicine, Nuclear Medicine Department, Alexandroupolis, Greece
Hell J Nucl Med 8:162-4. 2005..The 99mTc(V)-DMSA scan was found to be superior to the 99mTc-MDP and the CT scans in identifying metastases of osteosarcoma. Sensitivity was 100%, 86% and 98% respectively...
- Can 16-detector multislice CT exclude skeletal lesions during tumour staging? Implications for the cancer patientAshley M Groves
Department of Radiology, Addenbrooke s Hospital NHS Trust and the University of Cambridge, Hills Rd, Box 218, Cambridge, CB2 2QQ, UK
Eur Radiol 16:1066-73. 2006..Patients who have undergone full whole-body staging on 16-detector CT may not need additional skeletal scintigraphy. This should shorten the cancer patient's diagnostic pathway...
- Quality of planar whole-body bone scan interpretations--a nationwide surveyMay Sadik
Department of Clinical Physiology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, 413 45, Goteborg, Sweden
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 35:1464-72. 2008..The purpose of this study was to investigate, in a nationwide study, the inter-observer variation and performance in interpretations of bone scans regarding the presence or absence of bone metastases...
- [Assessment of solitary hot spots of bone scintigraphy in patients with extraskeletal malignancies]Y Tomoda
Department of Radiology, University of Occupational and Environmental Health
Kaku Igaku 38:721-6. 2001..It was relatively higher in the location of pelvis, scapula and thoracic spine. Clinical symptoms, particularly local bone pain, were helpful to diagnose the solitary hot spot...
- Bone scintigraphy and the added value of SPECT (single photon emission tomography) in detecting skeletal lesionsG Savelli
Division of Nuclear Medicine, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Milano, Italy
Q J Nucl Med 45:27-37. 2001..7% (4/6), negative predictive value 100% (41/41), accuracy 95.7% (45/47). In conclusion bone SPECT showed very good performances, in particular improving the predictive value of planar scan in the diagnosis of vertebral metastases...
- A case of a gigantic urine bladder due to prostate cancer obstruction on a technetium-99m methyl diphosphonate bone scanMelih Engin Erkan
Hell J Nucl Med 10:120. 2007
- Unusual bilateral symmetrical osteolytic metastases visualized by bone scintigraphyMadhusudhan P Reddy
Department of Radiology, Division of Nuclear Medicine, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Clin Nucl Med 27:299-301. 2002
- Visualization in the ipsilateral lymph nodes secondary to extravasation of a bone-imaging agent in the left hand: a case reportW J Shih
Nuclear Medicine Service, Lexington VA Medical Center, Lexington, KY 40511, USA
J Nucl Med Technol 29:154-5. 2001..This was caused by extravasation of the intravenous injection of bone-imaging agent in the dorsal part of the patient's hand...
- Fusion lymphoscintigraphy with a 24-hour Tc-99m MDP bone scan for sentinel lymph node detection and imagingV R Tatini
Department of Nuclear Medicine, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, Michigan 48073-6769, USA
Clin Nucl Med 26:53. 2001..A Tc-99m MDP bone scan followed by lymphoscintigraphy should be considered in patients with breast carcinoma who will have both bone imaging and lymphoscintigraphy...
- Radionuclide three-phase whole-body bone imagingDavid C Yang
Division of Nuclear Medicine, Department of Radiology, New York Methodist Hospital and Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York 11215, USA
Clin Nucl Med 27:419-26. 2002..To describe the radionuclide three-phase whole-body bone imaging (TPWBBI) technique and discuss the usefulness of its application...
- Tc-99m MDP and Tc-99m MIBI in the assessment of spondyloarthritis presenting as bone metastasis before treatment with infliximabAli Hadi
Departments of Rheumatology and Nuclear Medicine, Derriford Hospital, Plymouth, United Kingdom
Clin Nucl Med 27:297-8. 2002
- Preserved value of bone scintigraphy for the detection of skeletal metastases in prostate cancer patients with low prostate-specific antigen levels: effect of hormonal therapy and poor histologic differentiationMeltem Caglar
Hacettepe University Medical Faculty, Department of Nuclear Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Clin Nucl Med 27:532-3. 2002
- Incidental finding of upper extremity deep venous thrombosis on skeletal scintigraphyPartha Sinha
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University of Kentucky College of Medicine Chandler Medical Center, 800 Rose Street, Lexington, KY 40536 0293, USA
Clin Nucl Med 27:283-4. 2002
- Comparison of 99mTc ciprofloxacin, 99mTc white blood cell and three-phase bone imaging in the diagnosis of hip prosthesis infections: improved diagnostic accuracy with extended imaging timeM J Larikka
LP Central Hospital Laboratory, Kemi, Finland
Nucl Med Commun 23:655-61. 2002..Current data indicate that 99mTc ciprofloxacin is a useful method for confirming hip prosthesis infection. The diagnostic efficiency of this method is improved when the imaging time is extended to 24 h post-injection of the tracer...
- Uncommon clinical course of multiple osteochondromatosis in a patient with a long-term history of Cushing's diseaseA Faggiano
Department of Molecular and Clinical Endocrinology and Oncology, Federico II University of Naples, Italy
Pituitary 4:187-93. 2001....
- Correlation between radiation dose, synovial thickness, and efficacy of radiosynoviorthesisS Gratz
Department of Nuclear Medicine and Orthopedics, Georg August University, Gottingen, Germany
J Rheumatol 26:1242-9. 1999..To correlate the therapeutic efficacy of radiosynoviorthesis (RSO) to radiation doses achieved...
- Dose variance associated with calibration and administration of radiopharmaceuticalsR N Dansereau
Department of Pharmacy, MC 85, Albany Medical Center Hospital, 43 New Scotland Avenue, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 58:580-4. 2001..In addition, over a four-month period, 101 samples of technetium Tc 99m medronate injection with a desired activity of 20 mCi were prepared in syringes; the radioactive dose in each ..
- Effects of the glucantime on the kinetic of biodistribution of radiopharmaceuticals in Wistar ratsC M C Xavier Holanda
Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte, Centro de Biociencias, Departamento de Microbiologia e Parasitologia, Av Salgado Filho, 3000, 59078 970, Natal, RN, Brazil
Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand) 48:761-5. 2002..05). These results could be associated with the biological effects and/or metabolization of the studied drug...
- Comparison of Tc-99m methylene diphosphonate, Tc-99m human immune globulin, and Tc-99m-labeled white blood cell scintigraphy in the diabetic footS N Unal
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Istanbul Medical Faculty, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Clin Nucl Med 26:1016-21. 2001....
- Diagnosis of osteomyelitis in the diabetic foot with a 99mTc-HMPAO leucocyte scintigraphy combined with a 99mTc-MDP bone scintigraphyJ Y Poirier
Service d endocrinologie diabétologie, CHU Rennes, France
Diabetes Metab 28:485-90. 2002..The aim of this prospective study was to assess the role of 99mTc-HMPAO leucocyte scintigraphy combined with a 99mTc-MDP bone scintigraphy in the diagnosis of the diabetic foot infection (HMPAO-Leu/MDP)...
- Bilateral stress fractures of femoral necks on bone scansMehrossadat Alavi
Nuclear, Medicine Depatment, Namazee, Hospital, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran
Hell J Nucl Med 13:76. 2010..The literature describes very few cases of bilateral femoral neck stress fractures in healthy adolescents. There has not been reported the case within a span of 3 months of exercise...
- Necrotizing (malignant) external otitisOphir Handzel
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Kaplan Medical Center, Rehovot, Israel
Am Fam Physician 68:309-12. 2003..Imaging studies may include computed tomographic scanning, technetium Tc 99m medronate bone scanning, and gallium citrate Ga 67 scintigraphy...
- 18F-FDG hybrid PET in patients with suspected spondylitisS Gratz
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Georg August University of Gottingen, Germany
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 29:516-24. 2002....
- Incremental diagnostic value of 99mTc methylene diphosphonate bone SPECT in patients with patellofemoral pain disordersM Lorberboym
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Edith Wolfson Medical Center, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Nucl Med Commun 24:403-10. 2003..SPECT significantly improves the detection of maltracking of the patella and the ensuing increased lateral patellar compression syndrome. This information could be used to treat patellofemoral problems more effectively...
- Early experience with fluorine-18 sodium fluoride bone PET in young patients with back painRuth Lim
Division of Nuclear Medicine, Department of Radiology, Children s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Pediatr Orthop 27:277-82. 2007..Experience with pediatric PET is sparse, primarily in oncology. This study assesses the role of 18F NaF in evaluating young patients with back pain...
- Combined 18F-FDG and 11C-methionine PET scans in patients with newly progressive metastatic prostate cancerRodolfo Nunez
Nuclear Medicine Service, Department of Radiology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA
J Nucl Med 43:46-55. 2002..Our aim was to detect the proportion of bone and soft-tissue lesions that represent metabolically active tumor sites in patients with progressive metastatic prostate cancer...
- 99mTc-MDP bone SPECT for the evaluation of sternal ischaemia following internal mammary artery dissectionM Lorberboym
Department of Nuclear Medicine, The Edith Wolfson Medical Center, Holon, Israel
Nucl Med Commun 23:47-52. 2002..This does not occur when the IMA is skeletonized or semiskeletonized. Hence, it may be prudent to minimize dissection during mobilization of the IMA to decrease the likelihood of post-operative sternal complications...
- Sensory-motor polyradiculoneuropathy as the first manifestation of sternum bone plasmacytoma only revealed by bone scintigraphyR Velasco
Department of Neurology, Hospital Universitari de Bellvitge, Feixa Llarga s n, 08907, LHospitalet, Barcelona, Spain
Neuromuscul Disord 19:59-61. 2009..Biopsy of the lesion demonstrated a plasmacytoma. We emphasize that 99mTc-MDP scintigraphy can be a useful screening procedure for patients with polyradiculoneuropathy and occult bone plasmacytoma...
- Treatment of bone pain secondary to metastases using samarium-153-EDTMPElba Cristina Sá de Camargo Etchebehere
Division of Nuclear Medicine, Department of Radiology, and Research Committee, School of Medical Sciences, Universidade Estadual de Campinas UNICAMP, Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Sao Paulo Med J 122:208-12. 2004..More than 50% of patients with prostate, breast or lung cancer will develop painful bone metastases. The purpose of treating bone metastases is to relieve pain, reduce the use of steroids and to maintain motion...
- Altered lower limb vascular perfusion in patients with sciatica secondary to disc herniationJ Y Maigne
Department of Rehabilitation and Orthopedic Medicine, Hotel Dieu University Hospital, Paris, France
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 21:1657-60. 1996..CONCLUSION: Vascular perfusion abnormalities observed in patients with sciatica secondary to disc herniation may be more important than previously considered and possibly result from alteration in sympathetic vascular autoregulation...
- Superiority of fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography to other functional imaging techniques in the evaluation of metastatic SDHB-associated pheochromocytoma and paragangliomaHenri J L M Timmers
Reproductive Biology and Medicine Branch, National Institutes of Child Health and Human Development, Bethesda MD 20892 1109, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:2262-9. 2007..Timely and accurate localization of these aggressive tumors is critical for guiding optimal treatment. Our aim is to evaluate the performance of functional imaging modalities in the detection of metastatic lesions of SDHB-associated PGL...
- Is SPECT/CT with a hybrid camera useful to improve scintigraphic imaging interpretation?Orazio Schillaci
Department of Biopathology and Diagnostic Imaging, University Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
Nucl Med Commun 25:705-10. 2004....
- Osteolytic lesions as a presenting sign of acute myeloid leukemiaC S Lima
Hematology and Hemotherapy Center, State University of Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Haematologia (Budap) 30:325-31. 2000..It also provides additional data as evidence that although osteolytic lesions indicate an adverse prognosis in AML, local irradiation results symptomatic relief...
- [Usefulness of bone imaging in diagnosis of sternocostoclavicular hyperostosis]H Sakata
Department of Radiology, School of Medicine, Fukuoka University, Japan
Radioisotopes 38:76-9. 1989..Bone imaging revealed also radionuclide accumulations in other bones such as the vertebrae, femur or sacroiliac joints in ten (14 sites) of 33 cases. Bone scintigraphy was useful in the diagnosis of sternoclavicular hyperostosis...
- A direct in vivo measurement of 99mTc-methylene diphosphonate protein bindingG M Blake
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Guy s Hospital, London, UK
Nucl Med Commun 24:829-35. 2003..The results confirm that the fraction of free 99mTc-MDP varies with time and shows significant differences between individuals, which are dependent on GFR and K(bone) amongst other factors...
- Metastatic osteosarcoma to the liver after treatment for synovial sarcoma: a case reportN C Daw
Department of Hematology Oncology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, and the University of Tennessee, Memphis, College of Medicine, Memphis, Tennessee, USA
Pediatr Hematol Oncol 18:123-8. 2001..The risk of radiation-induced osteosarcoma should always be considered in decisions about treatment for soft-tissue sarcoma...
- Clinical approach to renal study incidental to 99mTc-MDP bone scintigraphyT Takayama
Department of Clinical Radiological Technology, School of Health Sciences, Kanazawa University, Japan
Ann Nucl Med 15:237-45. 2001..009X - 0.111 and Y = 1.034X - 0.714, respectively. In conclusion, 99mTc-MDP can be used as a supplement to evaluate renal function incidental to the survey of bone metastases in patients with malignant tumor...
- Correlation of 99mTc-sestamibi uptake with blood-pool and osseous phase 99mTc-MDP uptake in malignant bone and soft-tissue tumoursZ Ozcan
Ege University Medical Faculty, Department of Nuclear Medicine, Izmir, Turkey
Nucl Med Commun 22:679-83. 2001..Better delineation of tumour outlines and cellular activity seems to be an advantage of 99mTc-MIBI scintigraphy which may be helpful in the evaluation of musculoskeletal tumours...
- Frequency of pulmonary mineralization and hypoxemia in 21 dogs with pituitary-dependent hyperadrenocorticismC R Berry
Department of Anatomy, Physiological Sciences and Radiology, North Carolina State University, College of Veterinary Medicine, Raleigh, USA
J Vet Intern Med 14:151-6. 2000..5 +/- 0.4 versus 0.4 +/- 0.1, P = .16). Causes of hypoxemia other than pulmonary thromboembolism should be considered in dogs with PDH. Pulmonary mineralization may contribute to hypoxemia in dogs with PDH...
- Correlation between computed tomography and bone single photon emission-computed tomography scintigraphy in patients with chronic rhinosinusitisPeter J Catalano
Department of Otolaryngology, Lahey Clinic, Burlington, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Rhinol 21:433-8. 2007..No studies, however, have documented the correlation between these two imaging modalities in CRS...
- Somatostatin receptor (SSTR) scintigraphy in patients with osteosarcomaStefano Ferrari
Musculoskeletal Oncology Department of the Istituto Ortopedico Rizzoli, Bologna, Italy
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 18:847-51. 2003....
- Characterization of focal bone lesions in the axial skeleton: performance of planar bone scintigraphy compared with SPECT and SPECT fused with CTKlaus Strobel
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University Hospital Zurich, Ramistrasse 100, Zurich, Switzerland, 8091
AJR Am J Roentgenol 188:W467-74. 2007..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the diagnostic performance of planar 99mTc methylene diphosphonate bone scintigraphy compared with SPECT and SPECT fused with CT in patients with focal bone lesions of the axial skeleton...
- Effects of acepromazine on three-phase 99mTc-MDP bone imaging in 11 horsesMauricio Solano
Department of Clinical Sciences, Tufts University, School of Veterinary Medicine, North Grafton, MA 01536, USA
Vet Radiol Ultrasound 46:437-42. 2005..As expected, the vasodilatation and increased blood flow associated with intravenous injection of acepromazine affected the count density of the vascular phase of the bone scan...
- [Frostbite of the upper and lower limbs in an expert mountain climber: the value of bone scan in the prediction of amputation level]J Banzo
Servicio de Medicina Nuclear, Hospital Clinico Universitario de Zaragoza, Spain
Rev Esp Med Nucl 21:366-9. 2002..Bone scan is indicated in the evaluation of frostbite injuries and helps to establish the prognosis early...
- Extraosseous accumulation of bone scanning agents in malignant brain tumors: comparison to semi-quantitative evaluation with 99mTc SPECT/201Tl SPECT and histological findingsAya Suzuki
Oral Surgery, Department of Oral Restitution, Division of Oral Health Sciences, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University
Ann Nucl Med 17:387-92. 2003..Tc-T/N had no significant correlation with any of early-, delayed-T/N or T/S. In conclusion, there was no significant correlation between Tc and Tl uptakes by malignant brain tumors in semi-quantitative evaluation...
- [Carcinoid tumor and bone metastases: diagnosis by somatostatin receptor scintigraphy]J Banzo
Servicio de Medicina Nuclear, Hospital Clinico Universitario Lozano Blesa Zaragoza
Rev Esp Med Nucl 23:394-402. 2004..The aim of this study has been to retrospectively assess the usefulness of 111In-DTPAOC scintigraphy in the detection of bone metastases (BM) in patients diagnosed of carcinoid tumour (CaT)...
- Simultaneous Tc-99m-MDP/I-123-MIBG Imaging of Neuroblastoma Using SPECT-CTJinsong Ouyang; Fiscal Year: 2011....
- Novel Agents for Detecting/Monitoring of Bone MetastasisXiankai Sun; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Markers of Progression of Knee OsteoarthritisSTEVEN MAZZUCA; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Effect of Diabetes on Bone Integration of ImplantsMichael McCracken; Fiscal Year: 2002..This knowledge may lead to bioengineered materials which will modify and improve bone healing response in diabetic patients who receive implants. ..
- Periodontal Disease and Rheumatoid ArthritisMichael McCracken; Fiscal Year: 2005..Furthermore, it is hypothesized that among patients with rheumatoid arthritis, an association exists between the rate of progression of inflammatory arthritis and the progression of periodontal disease. ..
- PATIENT SPECIFIC MODELS IN LUNG CANCER SCREENING WITH CTMatthew Brown; Fiscal Year: 2004..4] To compare radiologist accuracy and interpretation times of HR-hCT scans, both with and without assistance from the automated detection system, against pre-existing nodule detection methods. ..
- SYNTHESIS AND EVALUATION OF BORONATED FOLATES FOR BNCTWerner Tjarks; Fiscal Year: 2001..To evaluate the therapeutic efficacy for BNCT of those folic acid conjugates having favorable in vivo tumor-localizing properties. ..