Genomes and Genes
Summary: Organic compounds which contain platinum as an integral part of the molecule.
Publications298 found, 100 shown here
- Randomized, phase III trial of panitumumab with infusional fluorouracil, leucovorin, and oxaliplatin (FOLFOX4) versus FOLFOX4 alone as first-line treatment in patients with previously untreated metastatic colorectal cancer: the PRIME studyJean Yves Douillard
Centre Rene Gauducheau, Nantes, France
J Clin Oncol 28:4697-705. 2010....
- Bevacizumab in combination with oxaliplatin-based chemotherapy as first-line therapy in metastatic colorectal cancer: a randomized phase III studyLeonard B Saltz
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Ave, Room H 917, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:2013-9. 2008....
- Oxaliplatin, fluorouracil, and leucovorin as adjuvant treatment for colon cancerThierry Andre
Hopital Tenon, Paris
N Engl J Med 350:2343-51. 2004..Oxaliplatin improves the efficacy of this combination in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer. We evaluated the efficacy of treatment with FL plus oxaliplatin in the postoperative adjuvant setting...
- Molecular mechanisms of resistance and toxicity associated with platinating agentsCara A Rabik
Department of Medicine, Committee on Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacogenomics, University of Chicago, 5841 S Maryland Avenue, Box MC2115, Section of Hem Onc, Chicago, IL 60637, United States
Cancer Treat Rev 33:9-23. 2007..Although the purpose of this review is to provide an overview of cisplatin, carboplatin, and oxaliplatin, we have focused primarily on preclinical data that has clinical relevance generated over the past five years...
- Bevacizumab in combination with oxaliplatin, fluorouracil, and leucovorin (FOLFOX4) for previously treated metastatic colorectal cancer: results from the Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group Study E3200Bruce J Giantonio
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:1539-44. 2007..This study was conducted to determine the effect of bevacizumab (at 10 mg/kg) on survival duration for oxaliplatin-based chemotherapy in patients with previously treated metastatic colorectal cancer...
- Fluorouracil, leucovorin, and oxaliplatin with and without cetuximab in the first-line treatment of metastatic colorectal cancerCarsten Bokemeyer
University Hospital, Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg Eppendorf, Germany
J Clin Oncol 27:663-71. 2009..The influence of KRAS mutation status was investigated...
- Cellular processing of platinum anticancer drugsDong Wang
Department of Chemistry, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Room 18 498, 77 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Nat Rev Drug Discov 4:307-20. 2005..Such knowledge of the cellular processing of cisplatin adducts with DNA provides valuable clues for the rational design of more efficient platinum-based drugs as well as the development of new therapeutic strategies...
- Improved overall survival with oxaliplatin, fluorouracil, and leucovorin as adjuvant treatment in stage II or III colon cancer in the MOSAIC trialThierry Andre
Hopital Saint Antoine, 184 rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, Paris 75012, France
J Clin Oncol 27:3109-16. 2009..7% at 48 months. CONCLUSION Adding oxaliplatin to LV5FU2 significantly improved 5-year DFS and 6-year OS in the adjuvant treatment of stage II or III colon cancer and should be considered after surgery for patients with stage III disease...
- A randomized phase IIIB trial of chemotherapy, bevacizumab, and panitumumab compared with chemotherapy and bevacizumab alone for metastatic colorectal cancerJ Randolph Hecht
David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Santa Monica, CA 90404, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:672-80. 2009..This trial evaluated panitumumab added to bevacizumab and chemotherapy (oxaliplatin- and irinotecan-based) as first-line treatment for mCRC...
- Addition of cetuximab to oxaliplatin-based first-line combination chemotherapy for treatment of advanced colorectal cancer: results of the randomised phase 3 MRC COIN trialTimothy S Maughan
School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
Lancet 377:2103-14. 2011....
- Cediranib with mFOLFOX6 versus bevacizumab with mFOLFOX6 as first-line treatment for patients with advanced colorectal cancer: a double-blind, randomized phase III study (HORIZON III)Hans Joachim Schmoll
Department of Internal Medicine IV, Hematology and Oncology, University Clinic Halle Saale, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Ernst Grube Str 40, 06120 Halle, Germany
J Clin Oncol 30:3588-95. 2012....
- Capecitabine and oxaliplatin for advanced esophagogastric cancerDavid Cunningham
Royal Marsden Hospital National Health Service Foundation Trust, Surrey and London, United Kingdom
N Engl J Med 358:36-46. 2008..We evaluated capecitabine (an oral fluoropyrimidine) and oxaliplatin (a platinum compound) as alternatives to infused fluorouracil and cisplatin, respectively, for untreated advanced esophagogastric cancer...
- Phase III trial of cetuximab with continuous or intermittent fluorouracil, leucovorin, and oxaliplatin (Nordic FLOX) versus FLOX alone in first-line treatment of metastatic colorectal cancer: the NORDIC-VII studyKjell Magne Tveit
Department of Oncology, Oslo University Hospital, 0407 Oslo, Norway
J Clin Oncol 30:1755-62. 2012..The influence of KRAS mutation status on treatment outcome was also investigated...
- Chemotherapy, bevacizumab, and cetuximab in metastatic colorectal cancerJolien Tol
Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Center, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
N Engl J Med 360:563-72. 2009..We studied the effect of adding the anti-epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) antibody cetuximab to a combination of capecitabine, oxaliplatin, and bevacizumab for metastatic colorectal cancer...
- Efficacy according to biomarker status of cetuximab plus FOLFOX-4 as first-line treatment for metastatic colorectal cancer: the OPUS studyC Bokemeyer
Department of Oncology, Hematology, BMT With Section Pneumology, University Hospital, Hamburg Eppendorf, Germany
Ann Oncol 22:1535-46. 2011....
- Safety and efficacy of first-line bevacizumab with FOLFOX, XELOX, FOLFIRI and fluoropyrimidines in metastatic colorectal cancer: the BEAT studyE Van Cutsem
University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
Ann Oncol 20:1842-7. 2009..The Bevacizumab Expanded Access Trial (BEAT) evaluated the safety and efficacy of bevacizumab plus first-line chemotherapy in a general cohort of patients with mCRC...
- KRAS and BRAF mutations in advanced colorectal cancer are associated with poor prognosis but do not preclude benefit from oxaliplatin or irinotecan: results from the MRC FOCUS trialSusan D Richman
Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, St James s Institute of Oncology, Cancer Research UK Genomic Services, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK
J Clin Oncol 27:5931-7. 2009..We wanted to determine whether KRAS and/or BRAF mutation is also a predictive biomarker for other aCRC therapies...
- Phase III trial of infusional fluorouracil, leucovorin, oxaliplatin, and irinotecan (FOLFOXIRI) compared with infusional fluorouracil, leucovorin, and irinotecan (FOLFIRI) as first-line treatment for metastatic colorectal cancer: the Gruppo Oncologico NorAlfredo Falcone
U O Oncologia Medica, Istituto Toscano Tumori, Livorno, Italy
J Clin Oncol 25:1670-6. 2007....
- Leucovorin and fluorouracil with or without oxaliplatin as first-line treatment in advanced colorectal cancerA de Gramont
Service de médecine interne oncologie, Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris, France
J Clin Oncol 18:2938-47. 2000..This phase III study investigated the effect of combining oxaliplatin with LV5FU2, with progression-free survival as the primary end point...
- ERCC1 and thymidylate synthase mRNA levels predict survival for colorectal cancer patients receiving combination oxaliplatin and fluorouracil chemotherapyY Shirota
University of Southern California/Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center and Response Genetics Inc, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
J Clin Oncol 19:4298-304. 2001..Precise definition of the best TS cut point will require further analysis in a large, prospective study...
- Immunogenic death of colon cancer cells treated with oxaliplatinA Tesniere
INSERM, U848, Villejuif, France
Oncogene 29:482-91. 2010..In conclusion, OXP induces immunogenic death of CRC cells, and this effect determines its therapeutic efficacy in CRC patients...
- Chronic oxaliplatin resistance induces epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition in colorectal cancer cell linesAnthony D Yang
Department of Surgical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77230 1402, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:4147-53. 2006..In preliminary studies, we observed that oxaliplatin-resistant (OxR) colorectal cancer (CRC) cells underwent morphologic changes suggestive of a migratory phenotype, leading us to hypothesize that OxR CRC cells undergo EMT...
- Cediranib plus FOLFOX/CAPOX versus placebo plus FOLFOX/CAPOX in patients with previously untreated metastatic colorectal cancer: a randomized, double-blind, phase III study (HORIZON II)Paulo M Hoff
FACP, Instituto do Câncer do Estado de São Paulo, Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de Sao Paulo, Av Dr Arnaldo 251, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Clin Oncol 30:3596-603. 2012....
- Randomized controlled trial of reduced-dose bolus fluorouracil plus leucovorin and irinotecan or infused fluorouracil plus leucovorin and oxaliplatin in patients with previously untreated metastatic colorectal cancer: a North American Intergroup TrialRichard M Goldberg
Division of Hematology and Oncology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, CB 7305, 3009 Old Clinic Bldg, Chapel Hill, NC 27514, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:3347-53. 2006..High rates of grade > or = 3 toxicity on IFL (resulting in some deaths) led us to reduce the starting doses of both irinotecan and FU by 20% (rIFL). This article compares rIFL with FOLFOX4...
- Randomized, placebo-controlled, phase III study of first-line oxaliplatin-based chemotherapy plus PTK787/ZK 222584, an oral vascular endothelial growth factor receptor inhibitor, in patients with metastatic colorectal adenocarcinomaJ Randolph Hecht
David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California, Los Angeles, Santa Monica, CA 90404, USA
J Clin Oncol 29:1997-2003. 2011....
- Complete cytoreductive surgery plus intraperitoneal chemohyperthermia with oxaliplatin for peritoneal carcinomatosis of colorectal originDominique Elias
Département de Chirurgie Carcinologique, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
J Clin Oncol 27:681-5. 2009....
- Gemcitabine in combination with oxaliplatin compared with gemcitabine alone in locally advanced or metastatic pancreatic cancer: results of a GERCOR and GISCAD phase III trialC Louvet
Service d Oncologie, Hopital Saint Antoine, 184 rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, 75571 Paris Cedex 12, France
J Clin Oncol 23:3509-16. 2005..Given the promising phase II results obtained with the Gem-oxaliplatin (GemOx) combination, we conducted a phase III study comparing GemOx with Gem alone in advanced pancreatic cancer...
- Capecitabine plus oxaliplatin compared with fluorouracil and folinic acid as adjuvant therapy for stage III colon cancerDaniel G Haller
Abramson Cancer Center, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Clin Oncol 29:1465-71. 2011..This multicenter, randomized trial compared capecitabine plus oxaliplatin (XELOX) with bolus fluorouracil (FU) and folinic acid (FA) as adjuvant therapy for patients with stage III colon cancer...
- Pharmacogenetic profiling in patients with advanced colorectal cancer treated with first-line FOLFOX-4 chemotherapyAnnamaria Ruzzo
Institute of Biochemistry G Fornaini, University of Urbino, Urbino, Italy
J Clin Oncol 25:1247-54. 2007....
- Phase III randomized trial of FOLFIRI versus FOLFOX4 in the treatment of advanced colorectal cancer: a multicenter study of the Gruppo Oncologico Dell'Italia MeridionaleGiuseppe Colucci
Medical and Experimental Oncology Unit, Oncology Institute, Via Amendola 209, 70126 Bari, Italy
J Clin Oncol 23:4866-75. 2005..We performed this phase III study to compare the irinotecan, leucovorin (LV), and fluorouracil (FU) regimen (FOLFIRI) versus the oxaliplatin, LV, and FU regimen (FOLFOX4) in previously untreated patients with advanced colorectal cancer...
- Five-year data and prognostic factor analysis of oxaliplatin and irinotecan combinations for advanced colorectal cancer: N9741Hanna K Sanoff
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7305, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:5721-7. 2008....
- Bevacizumab with FOLFOXIRI (irinotecan, oxaliplatin, fluorouracil, and folinate) as first-line treatment for metastatic colorectal cancer: a phase 2 trialGianluca Masi
Unità Operativa Oncologia Medica Universitaria, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria Pisana, Istituto Toscano Tumori, Pisa, Italy
Lancet Oncol 11:845-52. 2010..We therefore assessed the safety and activity of the combination of FOLFOXIRI plus bevacizumab in patients with colorectal cancer...
- Initial safety report of NSABP C-08: A randomized phase III study of modified FOLFOX6 with or without bevacizumab for the adjuvant treatment of patients with stage II or III colon cancerCarmen J Allegra
Department of Biostatistics, University of Pittsburgh, PA, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:3385-90. 2009..We present safety information in advance of the planned analysis of efficacy...
- Tumour response and secondary resectability of colorectal liver metastases following neoadjuvant chemotherapy with cetuximab: the CELIM randomised phase 2 trialGunnar Folprecht
University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus, Medical Department I University Cancer Center, Dresden, Germany
Lancet Oncol 11:38-47. 2010..Neoadjuvant chemotherapy for unresectable colorectal liver metastases can downsize tumours for curative resection. We assessed the effectiveness of cetuximab combined with chemotherapy in this setting...
- Rescue surgery for unresectable colorectal liver metastases downstaged by chemotherapy: a model to predict long-term survivalRene Adam
Centre Hépato Biliaire and Inserm E0354 Cancer Chronotherapeutics, Hopital Paul Brousse, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris Université Paris, Sud Villejuif, France
Ann Surg 240:644-57; discussion 657-8. 2004....
- Phase III trial in metastatic gastroesophageal adenocarcinoma with fluorouracil, leucovorin plus either oxaliplatin or cisplatin: a study of the Arbeitsgemeinschaft Internistische OnkologieSalah Eddin Al-Batran
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Krankenhaus Nordwest, Frankfurt, Germany
J Clin Oncol 26:1435-42. 2008..This study was designed to compare fluorouracil, leucovorin, and oxaliplatin with fluorouracil, leucovorin, and cisplatin in patients with advanced gastric cancer...
- A phase II study of oxaliplatin with low dose leucovorin and bolus and continuous infusion 5-fluorouracil (modified FOLFOX-4) as first line therapy for patients with advanced gastric cancerSung Yong Oh
Department of Internal Medicine, Dong A University College of Medicine, Busan, Korea
Acta Oncol 46:336-41. 2007..The most common non-hematological toxicities were grade 2 nausea/vomiting (20%). There was no treatment related death. The modified FOLFOX-4 regimen was found to be a safe and effective first line therapy in advanced gastric cancer...
- Oxaliplatin combined with weekly bolus fluorouracil and leucovorin as surgical adjuvant chemotherapy for stage II and III colon cancer: results from NSABP C-07J Philip Kuebler
National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project Operations Office and Biostatistical Center, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:2198-204. 2007..This phase III clinical trial evaluated the impact on disease-free survival (DFS) of adding oxaliplatin to bolus weekly fluorouracil (FU) combined with leucovorin as surgical adjuvant therapy for stage II and III colon cancer...
- Cetuximab plus chronomodulated irinotecan, 5-fluorouracil, leucovorin and oxaliplatin as neoadjuvant chemotherapy in colorectal liver metastases: POCHER trialC Garufi
Department of Medical Oncology, Regina Elena Cancer Institute, Rome, Italy
Br J Cancer 103:1542-7. 2010....
- Randomized, placebo-controlled, phase III study of oxaliplatin, fluorouracil, and leucovorin with or without PTK787/ZK 222584 in patients with previously treated metastatic colorectal adenocarcinomaEric Van Cutsem
Digestive Oncology Unit, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Herestraat 49, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
J Clin Oncol 29:2004-10. 2011..PTK787/ZK 222584 (PTK/ZK) is a novel oral angiogenesis inhibitor with therapeutic potential for the treatment of solid tumors...
- Phase III trial assessing bevacizumab in stages II and III carcinoma of the colon: results of NSABP protocol C-08Carmen J Allegra
University of Florida, Division of Hematology and Oncology, 1600 SW Archer Ave, Rm N 503, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
J Clin Oncol 29:11-6. 2011....
- Severe hepatic sinusoidal obstruction associated with oxaliplatin-based chemotherapy in patients with metastatic colorectal cancerL Rubbia-Brandt
Division of Clinical Pathology, University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Ann Oncol 15:460-6. 2004..The objective of this study was to assess the effects of preoperative systemic chemotherapy on the morphology of non-tumoral liver...
- Can chemotherapy be discontinued in unresectable metastatic colorectal cancer? The GERCOR OPTIMOX2 StudyBenoist Chibaudel
Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris Cedex 12, France
J Clin Oncol 27:5727-33. 2009....
- XELOX vs FOLFOX-4 as first-line therapy for metastatic colorectal cancer: NO16966 updated resultsJ Cassidy
Institute of Cancer Sciences, Beatson Oncology Centre, 1053 Great Western Road, Glasgow G12 0YN, UK
Br J Cancer 105:58-64. 2011..We report updated overall survival (OS) data from study NO16966, which compared capecitabine plus oxaliplatin (XELOX) vs 5-fluorouracil/folinic acid plus oxaliplatin (FOLFOX4) as first-line therapy in metastatic colorectal cancer...
- FOLFIRI followed by FOLFOX6 or the reverse sequence in advanced colorectal cancer: a randomized GERCOR studyChristophe Tournigand
Hopital Saint Antoine, 184 rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, 75571 Paris, Cedex 12, France
J Clin Oncol 22:229-37. 2004..This phase III study investigated two sequences: folinic acid, FU, and irinotecan (FOLFIRI) followed by folinic acid, FU, and oxaliplatin (FOLFOX6; arm A), and FOLFOX6 followed by FOLFIRI (arm B)...
- Characterization of oxaliplatin-induced chronic painful peripheral neuropathy in the rat and comparison with the neuropathy induced by paclitaxelW H Xiao
Department of Anesthesia, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
Neuroscience 203:194-206. 2012....
- Sinusoidal obstruction syndrome impairs long-term outcome of colorectal liver metastases treated with resection after neoadjuvant chemotherapyDietmar Tamandl
Department of Surgery, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Ann Surg Oncol 18:421-30. 2011..We investigated whether liver damage had further implications on long-term outcome in these patients...
- Safety and efficacy of oxaliplatin and fluoropyrimidine regimens with or without bevacizumab as first-line treatment of metastatic colorectal cancer: results of the TREE StudyHoward S Hochster
New York University Cancer Institute, 160 East 34th St, New York, NY 10016, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:3523-9. 2008..To evaluate the safety and efficacy of three oxaliplatin and fluoropyrimidine regimens, with or without bevacizumab, as first-line treatment for metastatic colorectal cancer (CRC)...
- Cetuximab plus FOLFOX6 or FOLFIRI in metastatic colorectal cancer: CECOG trialJanja Ocvirk
Institute of Oncology, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
World J Gastroenterol 16:3133-43. 2010..To investigate efficacy and safety of cetuximab combined with two chemotherapy regimens in patients with unresectable metastatic colorectal cancer (mCRC)...
- Diagnosis and management of hypersensitivity reactions related to common cancer chemotherapy agentsChristina Lee
Department of Medicine, Division of Allergy and Immunology, VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90073, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 102:179-87; quiz 187-9, 222. 2009..To review clinical hypersensitivity reactions related to common cancer chemotherapy agents and to discuss potential management strategies...
- Primary tumor response to preoperative chemoradiation with or without oxaliplatin in locally advanced rectal cancer: pathologic results of the STAR-01 randomized phase III trialCarlo Aschele
Istituto Nazionale per la Ricerca sul Cancro, Genova, Italy
J Clin Oncol 29:2773-80. 2011..To investigate oxaliplatin combined with fluorouracil-based chemoradiotherapy as preoperative treatment for locally advanced rectal cancer...
- Bevacizumab improves pathologic response and protects against hepatic injury in patients treated with oxaliplatin-based chemotherapy for colorectal liver metastasesDario Ribero
Department of Surgical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer 110:2761-7. 2007..The current study evaluated the effect of bevacizumab added to fluoropyrimidine-plus-oxaliplatin (5FU/OX) chemotherapy for colorectal liver metastases (CLM) on the pathologic response and nontumorous liver histology...
- Sinusoidal injury increases morbidity after major hepatectomy in patients with colorectal liver metastases receiving preoperative chemotherapyHiroshi Nakano
Centre de Chirurgie Viscerale et de Transplantation, Hopital de Hautepierre, Hopitaux Universitaires de Strasbourg, Universite Louis Pasteur, Avenue Moliere, Strasbourg, France
Ann Surg 247:118-24. 2008..To investigate whether sinusoidal injury (SI) was associated with a worse outcome after hepatectomy in patients with colorectal liver metastases (CRLM)...
- Prognostic value of expression of ERCC1, thymidylate synthase, and glutathione S-transferase P1 for 5-fluorouracil/oxaliplatin chemotherapy in advanced gastric cancerH C Kwon
Department of Internal Medicine, Dong A University College of Medicine, Busan, Korea
Ann Oncol 18:504-9. 2007....
- Involvement of increased expression of transient receptor potential melastatin 8 in oxaliplatin-induced cold allodynia in micePunam Gauchan
Department of Applied Pharmacology, Graduate School of Medicine and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Toyama, 2630 Sugitani, Toyama 930 0194, Japan
Neurosci Lett 458:93-5. 2009..These results suggest that cold allodynia induced by oxaliplatin is at least partly due to the increased expression of TRPM8 in the primary afferents...
- Oxaliplatin elicits mechanical and cold allodynia in rodents via TRPA1 receptor stimulationRomina Nassini
Department of Preclinical and Clinical Pharmacology, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Pain 152:1621-31. 2011....
- Safety analysis of FOLFOX4 treatment in colorectal cancer patients: a comparison between two Asian studies and four Western studiesKenichi Sugihara
Department of Surgical Oncology, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Clin Colorectal Cancer 11:127-37. 2012..As part of the Japanese submission for the adjuvant indication, the safety profile of FOLFOX4 regimen was compared in Asian and Western patients...
- Chemotherapy induces ATP release from tumor cellsIsabelle Martins
INSERM, U848, Villejuif, France Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Cell Cycle 8:3723-8. 2009..Hence, ATP release is a general correlate of apoptotic cell death induced by conventional anticancer therapies...
- Randomized phase III study of capecitabine plus oxaliplatin compared with fluorouracil/folinic acid plus oxaliplatin as first-line therapy for metastatic colorectal cancerJim Cassidy
Glasgow University, Garscube Estate, Switchback Rd, Glasgow, Scotland
J Clin Oncol 26:2006-12. 2008..To evaluate whether capecitabine plus oxaliplatin (XELOX) is noninferior to fluorouracil. folinic acid, and oxaliplatin (FOLFOX-4) as first-line therapy in metastatic colorectal cancer (MCRC)...
- The predictive value of genetic variations in the vascular endothelial growth factor A gene in metastatic colorectal cancerT F Hansen
Department of Oncology, Danish Colorectal Cancer Group South, Vejle Hospital, Vejle, Denmark
Pharmacogenomics J 11:53-60. 2011..The results call for validation in a larger cohort of patients...
- Randomized, multicenter, open-label study of oxaliplatin plus fluorouracil/leucovorin versus doxorubicin as palliative chemotherapy in patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma from AsiaShukui Qin
Shukui Qin, People s Liberation Army Cancer Centre, Bayi hospital, Nanjing Yuxian Bai, Third Affiliated Hospital, Harbin Medical University, Harbin Jia Fan, Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University Yu Zhou, sanofi aventis Asia, Shanghai Yan Sun, Cancer Institute and Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing, China Ho Yeong Lim and Won Ki Kang, Samsung Medical Centre Won Ki Kang, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine Jee Hyun Lee, sanofi aventis Korea, Seoul, Korea Sumitra Thongprasert, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai Vajarabhongsa Bhudhisawasdi, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen, Thailand Yee Chao, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taipei and Tsai Shen Yang, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Linkou Medical Center, Chang Gung University, Taoyuan, Taiwan
J Clin Oncol 31:3501-8. 2013....
- Phase I/II study of capecitabine plus oxaliplatin (XELOX) plus bevacizumab as first-line therapy in Japanese patients with metastatic colorectal cancerToshihiko Doi
National Cancer Center Hospital East, 6 5 1 Kashiwanoha, Kashiwa, Chiba 277 8577, Japan
Jpn J Clin Oncol 40:913-20. 2010..This Phase I/II study was designed to evaluate the efficacy and safety of XELOX (capecitabine plus oxaliplatin) plus bevacizumab in Japanese patients with metastatic colorectal cancer...
- Importance of histological tumor response assessment in predicting the outcome in patients with colorectal liver metastases treated with neo-adjuvant chemotherapy followed by liver surgeryL Rubbia-Brandt
Unit of Gastrointestinal and Liver Pathology, University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Ann Oncol 18:299-304. 2007....
- S-1 plus oxaliplatin versus capecitabine plus oxaliplatin for first-line treatment of patients with metastatic colorectal cancer: a randomised, non-inferiority phase 3 trialYong Sang Hong
Department of Oncology, Asan Medical Centre, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Lancet Oncol 13:1125-32. 2012..We aimed to compare the efficacy and safety of CapeOX with that of S-1 plus oxaliplatin (SOX), a promising alternative treatment for patients with metastatic colorectal cancer...
- The impact of S- and G2-checkpoint response on the fidelity of G1-arrest by cisplatin and its comparison to a non-cross-resistant platinum(IV) analogGuangan He
Department of Experimental Therapeutics, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Gynecol Oncol 122:402-9. 2011..Therefore, we investigated this paradox, and used the model analog DAP as a positive control for p21-dependent G1-arrest...
- Effect of hyperthermia and chemotherapeutic agents on TRAIL-induced cell death in human colon cancer cellsJinsang Yoo
Department of Surgery and Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
J Cell Biochem 103:98-109. 2008..We demonstrate here that CX-1 cells exposed to 42 degrees C and chemotherapeutic agents were sensitized and died by apoptotic and non-apoptotic cell death even in low concentration (10 ng/ml) of TRAIL...
- A phase I study of hyperthermic isolated hepatic perfusion with oxaliplatin in the treatment of unresectable liver metastases from colorectal cancerHerbert J Zeh
Department of Surgery, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, PA 15232, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 16:385-94. 2009..The ability to obtain complete vascular isolation with open IHP was confirmed. The response rate in this small phase I study was encouraging...
- Capecitabine in combination with Oxaliplatin (XELOX) as a first-line therapy for advanced gastric cancerYeon Hee Park
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, Korea Institute of Radiological and Medical Sciences, Seoul, 139 706, South Korea
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 61:623-9. 2008..We evaluated efficacy and safety of XELOX in previously untreated patients with AGC...
- Circulating tumor cells as a surrogate marker for determining response to chemotherapy in Japanese patients with metastatic colorectal cancerSatoshi Matsusaka
Department of Medical Oncology, Cancer Institute Hospital of Japanese Foundation For Cancer Research, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Sci 102:1188-92. 2011..Our data support the clinical utility of CTC enumeration in improving our ability to accurately assess treatment benefit and in expediting the identification of effective treatment regimens for individual Japanese patients...
- The signalling axis mediating neuronal apoptosis in response to [Pt(O,O'-acac)(γ-acac)(DMS)]Antonella Muscella
Cell Pathology Lab, Dipartimento di Scienze e Tecnologie Biologiche e Ambientali Di S Te B A, Universita del Salento, Lecce, Italy
Biochem Pharmacol 81:1271-85. 2011..Further studies are warranted to explore in detail the therapeutic potential of this compound...
- Synthesis and characterization of novel bis(carboxylato)dichloridobis(ethylamine)platinum(IV) complexes with higher cytotoxicity than cisplatinHristo Varbanov
University of Vienna, Institute of Inorganic Chemistry, Wahringer Strasse 42, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Eur J Med Chem 46:5456-64. 2011..Remarkably the most active (and also most lipophilic) compounds, having 4-propyloxy-4-oxobutanoato and 4-(2-propyloxy)-4-oxobutanoato axial ligands, showed IC(50) values down to the low nanomolar range...
- Regulation of gamma-H2AX and securin contribute to apoptosis by oxaliplatin via a p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase-dependent pathway in human colorectal cancer cellsShu Jun Chiu
Department of Life Science, Tzu Chi University, Hualien 970, Taiwan
Toxicol Lett 179:63-70. 2008..Our findings suggest that p38 MAPK may oppositely regulate securin protein expression and gamma-H2AX formation in the oxaliplatin-induced apoptosis of human colorectal cancer cells...
- Comprehensive analysis of excision repair complementation group 1, glutathione S-transferase, thymidylate synthase and uridine diphosphate glucuronosyl transferase 1A1 polymorphisms predictive for treatment outcome in patients with advanced gastric cancerBong Gun Seo
Department of Internal Medicine, Dong A University College of Medicine, Busan, Korea
Oncol Rep 22:127-36. 2009..The low expression type (2R/2R, 2R/3C and 3C/3C) of TS was associated with a high incidence of grade >or=3 neutropenia in cases of advanced gastric cancer treated with FOLFIRI...
- Transient Receptor Potential Vanilloid 1 is essential for cisplatin-induced heat hyperalgesia in miceLauren E Ta
Program in Molecular Neuroscience, Mayo Graduate School, Mayo Clinic, College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Mol Pain 6:15. 2010..The mechanisms underlying painful platinum-induced neuropathy remain poorly understood. Previous studies have demonstrated important roles for TRPV1, TRPM8, and TRPA1 in inflammation and nerve injury induced pain...
- Conversion to resectability using hepatic artery infusion plus systemic chemotherapy for the treatment of unresectable liver metastases from colorectal carcinomaNancy E Kemeny
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 1275 York Ave, New York, NY 10065, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:3465-71. 2009..Future randomized trials should compare HAI plus systemic chemotherapy with systemic therapy alone to assess the additional value of HAI therapy in converting patients with hepatic metastases to resectability...
- 5-Fluorouracil and oxaliplatin modify the expression profiles of microRNAs in human colon cancer cells in vitroJianfeng Zhou
Department of Medical Oncology, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, P R China
Oncol Rep 23:121-8. 2010..Further studies are needed to determine whether these miRNAs and their target genes might potentially provide for novel molecular markers and act as novel targets for treatment by interference...
- Beyond KRAS mutation status: influence of KRAS copy number status and microRNAs on clinical outcome to cetuximab in metastatic colorectal cancer patientsLeonie J M Mekenkamp
Department of Pathology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
BMC Cancer 12:292. 2012..We assessed the influence of modification of KRAS by gene copy number aberration (CNA) and microRNAs (miRNAs) in correlation to clinical outcome in mCRC patients treated with cetuximab in combination with chemotherapy and bevacizumab...
- Pharmacological blockade of TRPM8 ion channels alters cold and cold pain responses in miceWendy M Knowlton
Neurobiology Section, Department of Biological Sciences, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e25894. 2011..Thus PBMC is an attractive compound that serves as a template for the formulation of highly specific and potent TRPM8 antagonists that will have utility both in vitro and in vivo...
- Pathologic response to preoperative chemotherapy: a new outcome end point after resection of hepatic colorectal metastasesDan G Blazer
Department of Surgical Oncology, Gastrointestinal Medical Oncology, and Pathology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030 4009, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:5344-51. 2008..The secondary goal of the study was to identify the clinical predictors of pathologic response...
- Functional deficits in peripheral nerve mitochondria in rats with paclitaxel- and oxaliplatin-evoked painful peripheral neuropathyHuaien Zheng
Department of Anesthesia, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Exp Neurol 232:154-61. 2011..These results implicate mitotoxicity as a possible cause of chemotherapy-evoked chronic sensory peripheral neuropathy...
- Intermittent versus continuous oxaliplatin and fluoropyrimidine combination chemotherapy for first-line treatment of advanced colorectal cancer: results of the randomised phase 3 MRC COIN trialRichard A Adams
School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
Lancet Oncol 12:642-53. 2011..Maximisation of time without toxic effects could be one effective strategy to achieve both of these goals. The COIN trial assessed preplanned treatment holidays in advanced colorectal cancer to achieve this aim...
- A phase III randomized trial of gemcitabine-oxaliplatin versus carboplatin-paclitaxel as first-line therapy in patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancerCharles H Weissman
US Oncology Research, Inc, Houston, Texas, USA
J Thorac Oncol 6:358-64. 2011..This phase III study compared the efficacy and tolerability of gemcitabine and oxaliplatin (GEMOX) with paclitaxel and carboplatin (PCb) in chemotherapy-naive patients with stage IIIB/IV non-small cell lung cancer...
- Hypersensitivity reactions to oxaliplatin and other antineoplastic agentsEkaterini Syrigou
Section of Medical Oncology, Yale University School of Medicine, 333 Cedar Street, FMP 116, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Curr Allergy Asthma Rep 8:56-62. 2008..With regard to oxaliplatin, knowledge of its rare but eminent toxicity is paramount, because this drug is widely used in treating colorectal cancer, the second-highest cause of cancer mortality in the United States...
- Platinum agent-induced hypersensitivity reactions: data mining of the public version of the FDA adverse event reporting system, AERSToshiyuki Sakaeda
Center for Development of Integrative Education in Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Int J Med Sci 8:332-8. 2011..Adverse event reports (AERs) submitted to the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) were reviewed to confirm the platinum agent-associated mild, severe, and lethal hypersensitivity reactions...
- Effect of steatohepatitis associated with irinotecan or oxaliplatin pretreatment on resectability of hepatic colorectal metastasesFelix G Fernandez
Section of Hepatobiliary Pancreatic Surgery, Department of Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Am Coll Surg 200:845-53. 2005..The objective was to evaluate the effect of preoperative administration of newer chemotherapeutic agents (irinotecan and oxaliplatin) on development of steatohepatitis, which could limit surgical options...
- Hypersensitivity and idiosyncratic reactions to oxaliplatinRebecca R Thomas
Cancer Therapeutics Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, NCI Navy Medical Oncology, National Naval Medical Center, Bethesda, Maryland 20889 5105, USA
Cancer 97:2301-7. 2003..Oxaliplatin is a third-generation platinum analog that is used to treat a variety of solid tumors, particularly colorectal carcinoma. Patients may develop hypersensitivity reactions, although this complication occurs infrequently...
- Oxaliplatin-related side effects: characteristics and managementJim Cassidy
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, University of Aberdeen, Institute of Medical Sciences, Aberdeen, Scotland
Semin Oncol 29:11-20. 2002..To date, oxaliplatin has proven to be a safe and effective therapy for colorectal cancer and side effects have been easy to manage with appropriate awareness from patients and care providers...
- Cetuximab plus capecitabine and irinotecan compared with cetuximab plus capecitabine and oxaliplatin as first-line treatment for patients with metastatic colorectal cancer: AIO KRK-0104--a randomized trial of the German AIO CRC study groupNicolas Moosmann
University of Munich, Klinikum Muenchen Grosshadern, Germany
J Clin Oncol 29:1050-8. 2011....
- Preoperative chemotherapy does not increase morbidity or mortality of hepatic resection for colorectal cancer metastasesCharles R Scoggins
Division of Surgical Oncology, James Graham Brown Cancer Center, University of Louisville, 315 E Broadway, Suite 303, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 16:35-41. 2009..Pre-hepatectomy chemotherapy appears to be safe and is an important part of the multidisciplinary approach for this disease...
- Bevacizumab plus FOLFIRI or FOLFOX in chemotherapy-refractory patients with metastatic colorectal cancer: a retrospective studyAstrid Lievre
Gastroenterology and Digestive Oncology Unit, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Ambroise Pare, Boulogne Billancourt, France
BMC Cancer 9:347. 2009..The aim of this study was to evaluate the activity of bevacizumab combined with FOLFIRI or FOLFOX in mCRC who have failed prior chemotherapy with fluoropyrimidine plus irinotecan and/or oxaliplatin...
- Bevacizumab protects against sinusoidal obstruction syndrome and does not increase response rate in neoadjuvant XELOX/FOLFOX therapy of colorectal cancer liver metastasesM Klinger
Department of General Surgery, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Eur J Surg Oncol 35:515-20. 2009..Knowledge about the consequences of bevacizumab on chemotherapy-induced hepatic injury and tumor response is limited...
- Improvement of the therapeutic index of anticancer drugs by the superoxide dismutase mimic mangafodipirJerome Alexandre
université Paris René Descartes, Faculte de Medecine, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Cochin, EA 1833, Paris, France
J Natl Cancer Inst 98:236-44. 2006..We investigated its and other oxidative stress modulators' effects on anticancer drug activity in vitro and in vivo...
- Chemotherapy and cancer stem cellsJeremy N Rich
Department of Medicine, Preston Robert Tisch Brain Tumor Center, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Cell Stem Cell 1:353-5. 2007..In this issue of Cell Stem Cell, Todaro et al. (2007) demonstrate that targeting tumor IL-4 sensitizes colon cancer stem cells to chemotherapy...
- Oxaliplatin-related neurotoxicity: how and why?Lara Maria Pasetto
Medical Oncology Division, Azienda Ospedale Universita, Via Gattamelata 64, Padova, Italy
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 59:159-68. 2006..The aim of this review is to analyse the mechanism underlying induction of neurotoxicity and the possible treatments to prevent and to treat it...
- Neoadjuvant capecitabine and oxaliplatin before chemoradiotherapy and total mesorectal excision in MRI-defined poor-risk rectal cancer: a phase 2 trialYu Jo Chua
Department of Medicine, Royal Marsden Hospital, Sutton, Surrey, UK
Lancet Oncol 11:241-8. 2010....
- Autocrine induction of invasive and metastatic phenotypes by the MIF-CXCR4 axis in drug-resistant human colon cancer cellsAnne Frédérique Dessein
INSERM U837, Centre de Recherche Jean Pierre Aubert, Place de Verdun, Lille F 59045, France
Cancer Res 70:4644-54. 2010..Combination therapies targeting the CXCR4-MIF axis could potentially counteract the emergence of the invasive metastatic behavior in clonal derivatives of drug-resistant colon cancer cells...
- Epirubicin, oxaliplatin, and capecitabine with or without panitumumab for advanced esophagogastric cancer: dose-finding study for the prospective multicenter, randomized, phase II/III REAL-3 trialAlicia F C Okines
Royal Marsden Hospital, London, UK
J Clin Oncol 28:3945-50. 2010....
- Intra-hepatic arterial administration with miriplatin suspended in an oily lymphographic agent inhibits the growth of tumors implanted in rat livers by inducing platinum-DNA adducts to form and massive apoptosisMitsuharu Hanada
Pharmacology Research Laboratories, Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma Co, Ltd, Osaka, Japan
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 64:473-83. 2009..We clarified the usefulness of miriplatin as an agent for transarterial chemoembolization...
- Platinum resistance: the role of DNA repair pathwaysLainie P Martin
Department of Medical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:1291-5. 2008....
- A possible explanation for a neurotoxic effect of the anticancer agent oxaliplatin on neuronal voltage-gated sodium channelsF Grolleau
Laboratoire de Neurophysiologie Unité Propre de Recherche de l Enseignement Supérieur Equipe d Accueil UPRES EA 2647, Universite d Angers, Unité de Formation et de Recherche UFR Sciences, F 49045 Angers Cedex, France
J Neurophysiol 85:2293-7. 2001..The medical interest of preventing acute neurotoxic side effects of oxaliplatin by infusing Ca(2+) and Mg(2+) is discussed...
- Hepatic arterial infusion of oxaliplatin and intravenous LV5FU2 in unresectable liver metastases from colorectal cancer after systemic chemotherapy failureValerie Boige
Department of Medicine, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Ann Surg Oncol 15:219-26. 2008..Whether this regimen could be beneficial after systemic chemotherapy failure is unknown...
- Anti-VEGF in Tumors & Wounds: Efficacy vs ToxicityHerbert I Hurwitz; Fiscal Year: 2010..This work has the potential to improve both the safety and efficacy of this novel class of drugs. I;' ..
- Does NO mediate clinical anti-VEGF vascular effectsHerbert Hurwitz; Fiscal Year: 2004..However, to allow for potential clinical benefit, patients will be permitted to receive ongoing anti-VEGF therapy as deemed appropriate by their physician. ..
- THERAPY OF HEPATIC METASTASES FROM COLORECTAL CARCINOMANancy Kemeny; Fiscal Year: 2001..Cryosurgery and newer hepatic arterial therapies are therapeutic modalities that can be used in patients in whom liver resection is impossible. ..
- NEW CLINICAL BIOMARKER FOR CANCER--WOUND ANGIOGENESISHerbert Hurwitz; Fiscal Year: 2005..4) To evaluate several potential refinements of this normal wound angiogenesis assay in healthy volunteers, and incorporate these refinements in to patient studies involving novel anti-angiogenesis agents. ..
- Endoplasmic Reticulum Calcium Pools in Neuropathic PainLAUREN TA; Fiscal Year: 2007..3): To determine whether thapsigargin, an ER calcium pump inhibitor, can reverse nerve injury-induced neuropathic pain. ..
- Pharmacodynamics of Gemcitabine by MRS in Pancreatic CAHoward Hochster; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mentored Research in Ovarian CancerMichael Seiden; Fiscal Year: 2006..The P.l.'s dual role as a clinical research director and laboratory P.I. provides fertile opportunity for translation between the clinic and the laboratory. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- BENCH TO CLINIC IN CONCURRENT CHEMORADIATION THERAPYHak Choy; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- The Roles of Osteonectin and Osteoactivin in GliomasJeremy Rich; Fiscal Year: 2007..2) Validate osteonectin and osteoactivin as potential therapeutic targets in glioma invasion. It is hoped that these studies will provide the basis of novel therapeutic interventions for patients with malignant gliomas. ..
- Lapatinib in childhood CNS malignanciesMaryam Fouladi; Fiscal Year: 2006..These data will be used in the rational design of future phase I combination or frontline studies to improve the outcome in children with these poor prognosis tumors. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Vanderbilt Phase I Translational Research ProgramMace Rothenberg; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Lung Cancer Chemoradiation: Predictors of SurvivalXifeng Wu; Fiscal Year: 2009..This multivariate prognostic study could have long-term prognostic potential by allowing greater individualization of therapy, based on the genetic makeup of the patient, thereby both increasing efficacy and reducing morbidity. ..
- Genetic Susceptibility Modifiers in Renal Cell CarcinomaXifeng Wu; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such individuals may then be targeted for intervention programs such as chemoprevention or dietary modification. ..
- Biomarkers for VEGF and mTOR Blockade in Advanced Renal CancerJaime Merchan; Fiscal Year: 2007..This information will be extremely useful for the design of future trials using these agents in renal and other cancers and for future clinical practice. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Molecular Regulation of Translational RegulationEdward Chu; Fiscal Year: 2008..In this aim, we propose to identify the cellular mRNAs in addition to DHFR mRNA whose expression and/or function may be under the control of human DHFR protein. ..
- Markers of Genetic Susceptibility to Bladder CancerXifeng Wu; Fiscal Year: 2008..The ability to rapidly screen individuals for risk, using minimally invasive procedures (blood samples), has immense clinical implication, such as intensive screening and chemopreventive interventions. ..
- MECHANISTIC STUDIES ON NEW PLATINUM CLINICAL AGENTSNicholas Farrell; Fiscal Year: 2007..The drugs will be used in combination with targetted drugs to provide better treatment regimens for cancer patients. ..
- Biological Effects of Calcitriol in Pancreatic CancerMace Rothenberg; Fiscal Year: 2008..This project will help us understand the biological mechanisms by which DN101 might enhance the activity of that chemotherapy. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Halogenated Alkenes and Microsomal GSH-transferasesMichael J Kelner; Fiscal Year: 2010..4] To determine the relative contribution of MGST1 and MGST2 to cellular antioxidant capacity through studies utilizing human MGST1 and MGST2 null cells. ..
- Timing of Rectal Cancer Response to ChemoradiationJulio Garcia Aguilar; Fiscal Year: 2009..This information will help develop molecular assays to diagnose pathologic complete response in transrectal biopsies of the tumor bed before removing the rectum. ..
- COORDINATED REGULATION OF ANTIOXIDANT ENZYMESMichael Kelner; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- The Role of RR in Chemotherapeutic Drug ResistanceYun Yen; Fiscal Year: 2005..Taken together, our proposed studies will provide an integrated evaluation of the molecular control of RR-mediated chemotherapeutic drug resistance. ..
- INTEGRATED ASSESSMENT OF NOVEL THERAPIES IN ONCOLOGYMace Rothenberg; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- REGENERATIVE CAPACITY OF THE CD4+ T CELLS IN AIDSJohnson Wong; Fiscal Year: 2001..In specific aim four, the clinical significance of the regenerative capacity will be determined. ..
- GPX1 ENZYME REGULATION BY OXIDATIVE XENOBIOTICSMichael Kelner; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies will provide critical information regarding cellular response to oxidative stress and aid in determining if a common regulatory mechanism exists for GSH-dependent enzymes. ..
- COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY SOUTHWEST ONCOLOGY GROUP PROGRAMDaniel Petrylak; Fiscal Year: 2003..Based on substantial laboratory strength, we intend to integrate Columbia laboratory resources as core support for SWOG clinical studies. ..
- LIPOSOMAL BCL-2 ANTISENSE THERAPY FOR SOLID TUMORSFrancisco Esteva; Fiscal Year: 2003..Gabriel Lopez-Berestein (Department of Bioimmunotherapy). M. D. Anderson Cancer Center has the patients and resources necessary for Dr. Esteva to successfully complete this research project. ..
- Neuropeptide Y for Cancer-Associated AnorexiaAminah Jatoi; Fiscal Year: 2003..These two pilot studies will allow us to lay the groundwork for such larger trials. Our ultimate goal is to help cancer patients who suffer from anorexia. ..
- GENETIC INFLUENCE ON MUTAGEN SENSITIVITY--A TWIN STUDYXifeng Wu; Fiscal Year: 2004..Additionally, these potential biomarkers may ultimately be used to identify individuals who should be targeted for more intense screening programs or behavior modification interventions. ..
- Metals in Medicine Gordon Research ConferenceNicholas Farrell; Fiscal Year: 2004..The modest sum requested to support the MIMGRC will enable the organizers to invite and attract participants in a topic that has impact on a wide cross-section of health sciences. ..
- Creatine: Is It a Body Builder for Cancer Patients?Aminah Jatoi; Fiscal Year: 2004..obtain longitudinal toxicity and quality of life data on this same cohort of 50 patients and will make direct comparisons between treatment arms on toxicity incidence and severity and on maximal quality of life scores ..
- Mechanisms and Therapeutics in Cancer Anorexia/CachexiaAminah Jatoi; Fiscal Year: 2004..This K23 grant application will serve as a springboard to allow her to delve into the pathophysiology of this syndrome and to develop into an independent clinical investigator. ..
- Genetic Basis of Colon Adenoma Synchronous to Carcinoma.Yun Yen; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will understand better the biology of different subsets of sporadic CRC, namely CRC+SA, proximal tumors and MSI instable tumors. Our findings will impact on future clinical therapeutic studies of CRC. ..
- MOLECULAR BASIS FOR TS TRANSLATIONAL REGULATIONEdward Chu; Fiscal Year: 2005..Moreover, these molecular-based studies may provide the rational basis for the development of novel therapeutic strategies for human cancer. ..
- ACQUISITION OF A CRYOPROBE NMR SYSTEMSTEPHEN LIPPARD; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- PS-341 in Hepatocellular Carcinoma: A Phase II TrialJordan Berlin; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- TGF BETA AND BRAIN TUMORSJeremy Rich; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- SPECIAL POPULATIONS NETWORK FOR CANCER CONTROLEdith Mitchell; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- The Center for Cancer Drug Development (C2D2)Stephen Howell; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- CISPLATIN RESISTANCE DUE TO LOSS OF DNA MISMATCH REPAIRStephen Howell; Fiscal Year: 2005..Thus, it is very likely that the mechanisms underlying the DDP-induced mutagenicity will be of fundamental importance to understanding the genomic instability produced by many types of cellular injury. ..
- DEVELOPING QUALITY INDICATORS FOR ADVANCED CANCER CARECraig Earle; Fiscal Year: 2007..Once identified, reasons could be sought and appropriate interventions, such as increasing access to palliative services, could be instituted. ..
- Genetic and Epigenetic Markers in Ovarian CancerElizabeth Swisher; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies may identify new prognostic or diagnostic markers in ovarian cancer. Such markers could then be tested in prospective trials to determine their clinical utility. ..