Summary: A rapid-onset, short-acting cholinesterase inhibitor used in cardiac arrhythmias and in the diagnosis of myasthenia gravis. It has also been used as an antidote to curare principles.
Publications183 found, 100 shown here
- Cholinergic stimulation induces asynchrony between the circular and longitudinal muscle contraction during esophageal peristalsisHariprasad Korsapati
Division of Gastroenterology, VA Medical Center, San Diego, CA 92161, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 294:G694-8. 2008..The purpose of the present study was to evaluate the effect of acetylcholinesterase inhibitor (edrophonium) and acetylcholine receptor antagonist (atropine) on human esophageal peristalsis in normal subjects...
- Electrophysiological signs and the prevalence of adverse effects of acetylcholinesterase inhibitors in patients with myasthenia gravisAnna Rostedt Punga
Department of Clinical Neurophysiology, Uppsala University Hospital, 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
Muscle Nerve 37:300-7. 2008..were performed before and 60 min after oral pyridostigmine bromide (PB) administration and after additional edrophonium injection. Fatigue, side effects, and AChE activity in blood were assessed before and 60 min after PB intake...
- Sugammadex reversal of rocuronium-induced neuromuscular blockade: a comparison with neostigmine-glycopyrrolate and edrophonium-atropineOzlem Sacan
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Management, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, Texas 75390 9068, USA
Anesth Analg 104:569-74. 2007..We tested the hypothesis that sugammadex would provide for a more rapid reversal of a moderately profound residual rocuronium-induced blockade than the commonly used cholinesterase inhibitors, edrophonium and neostigmine.
- The edrophonium testRobert M Pascuzzi
Department of Neurology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202 2859, USA
Semin Neurol 23:83-8. 2003..The following review summarizes the history of edrophonium usage in myasthenia gravis, reviews the literature with regard to the method of performing the edrophonium test,..
- Homo- and hetero-bivalent edrophonium-like ammonium salts as highly potent, dual binding site AChE inhibitorsFrancesco Leonetti
Dipartimento Farmaco Chimico, Universita di Bari, Via Orabona 4, I 70125 Bari, Italy
Bioorg Med Chem 16:7450-6. 2008A number of mono- and bis-quaternary ammonium salts, containing edrophonium-like and coumarin moieties tethered by an appropriate linker, proved to be highly potent and selective dual binding site acetylcholinesterase inhibitors with ..
- Does acetylcholinesterase inhibition affect catecholamine secretion by adrenomedullary cells?Yehonatan Sharabi
Clinical Neurocardiology Section, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Isr Med Assoc J 6:396-9. 2004..Splanchnic nerve stimulation evokes adrenomedullary catecholamine secretion via acetylcholine release and occupation of nicotinic cholinergic receptors on chromaffin cells...
- Reversal of mivacurium chloride: edrophonium of spontaneous recovery in microscopic laryngeal surgeryC K Ting
Department of Anesthesiology, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, School of Medicine, National Yang-Ming University, 201, Sec. 2, Shi-Pai Rd, Pei-Tou 112, Taipei, Taiwan
Acta Anaesthesiol Sin 39:157-62. 2001..randomized study was designed to compare the recovery manner of mivacurium infusion with or without edrophonium reversal in microscopic laryngeal surgery...
- Autosomal recessive limb girdle myasthenia in two sistersA Shankar
Department of Neurological Sciences, Christian Medical College and Hospital, Vellore 632 004, India
Neurol India 50:500-3. 2002..The familial limb girdle myasthenia has been described as one with selective weakness of pectoral and pelvic girdles, showing a positive response to edrophonium chloride. A report of two sisters affected by this disorder is presented.
- Is NMDA receptor activation essential for the production of locomotor-like activity in the neonatal rat spinal cord?Kristine C Cowley
Department of Physiology, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
J Neurophysiol 94:3805-14. 2005..Therefore neither NMDA receptor-mediated nonlinear membrane properties nor NMDA receptor activation in general is universally essential for locomotor network activation in the in vitro neonatal rat spinal cord...
- Is pancreatic polypeptide response to food ingestion a reliable index of vagal function in type 1 diabetes?M B Damholt
Department of Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Hvidovre Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Scand J Clin Lab Invest 66:279-86. 2006..In this study the pancreatic polypeptide (PP) response to a mixed meal was evaluated in healthy subjects and in recently diagnosed type 1 diabetic patients...
- Nonresponsiveness to anticholinesterase agents in patients with MuSK-antibody-positive MGY Hatanaka
Department of Neurology, The University of Alabama, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Neurology 65:1508-9. 2005
- [Technical consideration for repetitive nerve stimulation]Masahiro Sonoo
Rinsho Shinkeigaku 42:54; author reply 55-6. 2002
- Evaluation and diagnosis of noncardiac chest painRonnie Fass
The Neuroenteric Clinical Research Group, Section of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Southern Arizona VA Health Care System and Arizona Health Sciences Center, Tucson, Arizona, USA
Dis Mon 54:627-41. 2008
- Reversal of asynchrony between circular and longitudinal muscle contraction in nutcracker esophagus by atropineHariprasad Korsapati
Division of Gastroenterology, San Diego VA Health Care System, San Diego, California 92161, USA
Gastroenterology 135:796-802. 2008..The goal of our study was to determine if this asynchrony is related to an increase in the cholinergic receptor activity...
- [Surprising etiology of chronic deglutition disorder. Diagnosis at a glance in dysphagia]Peter Stiefelhagen
MMW Fortschr Med 150:17. 2008
- [Videofluorographic evaluation of dysphagia in a patient with myasthenia gravis]Yoshitsugu Aoki
Department of Neurology, Musashi Hospital, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry
Rinsho Shinkeigaku 47:669-71. 2007..and her voice took on a nasal tone that did not improve subjectively even after administration of 10 mg of edrophonium chloride (EC). We then performed videofluorography (VF)...
- A safe and noninvasive test for vagal integrity revisitedNagammapudur S Balaji
Department of Surgery, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Arch Surg 137:954-8; discussion 958-9. 2002..Measurement of pancreatic polypeptide (PP) response to sham feeding and pharmacological stimulation is a safe, noninvasive, and sensitive test for vagal integrity...
- Fiberoptic endoscopic evaluation of swallowing with simultaneous Tensilon application in diagnosis and therapy of myasthenia gravisTobias Warnecke
Department of Neurology, University Hospital of Munster, Albert Schweitzer Strasse 33, Munster, Germany
J Neurol 255:224-30. 2008..Clinical examination alone fails to detect and grade myasthenic dysphagia sufficiently. For a more precise examination of swallowing function in myasthenia gravis additional technical tools are necessary...
- Edrophonium antagonism of cisatracurium-induced neuromuscular block: dose requirements in children and adultsM Abdulatif
Anaesthesiology Department, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University, Egypt
Anaesth Intensive Care 29:364-70. 2001This randomized, controlled study compared edrophonium dose requirements to antagonize cisatracurium-induced neuromuscular block in children and adults...
- Development of generalized disease at 2 years in patients with ocular myasthenia gravisMark J Kupersmith
Neuro Ophthalmology, Institute of Neurology and Neurosurgery, Beth Israel Medical Center, 170 East End Ave, New York, NY 10128, USA
Arch Neurol 60:243-8. 2003..In addition, the prevalence of thymoma and the optimal performance of the edrophonium chloride test for ocular myasthenia remain unknown.
- Sensory testing of the esophagusRonnie Fass
Neuro Enteric Clinical Research Group, Department of Medicine, Section of Gastroenterology, Southern Arizona VA Health Care System, Tucson, Arizona 85723, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 38:628-41. 2004Originally, sensory testing of the esophagus included the acid perfusion test and the edrophonium test, which were developed to assess patients with non-cardiac chest pain...
- 'Dropped head sign' in myasthenia gravisG Diane Shelton
Neuromuscul Disord 14:535. 2004
- Is there still a role for edrophonium in diagnosing ocular myastheniaH Karatas
Eur J Neurol 14:e4-5. 2007
- Edrophonium effectively antagonizes neuromuscular block at the laryngeal adductors induced by rapacuronium, rocuronium and cisatracurium, but not mivacuriumTakahiro Suzuki
Department of Anesthesiology, New York Presbyterian Hospital Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York, USA
Can J Anaesth 50:879-85. 2003..To examine the efficacy of antagonism of rapacuronium-, mivacurium-, rocuronium- and cisatracurium-induced neuromuscular block at the laryngeal adductors (LA)...
- [Myasthenia gravis]Philippe Gajdos
Service de Reanimation Medicale, Hopital Raymond Poincare, 92380 Garches
Rev Prat 52:71-7. 2002
- Cage amines as the stopper inhibitors of cholinesterasesGialih Lin
Department of Chemistry, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung, Taiwan
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 13:2887-90. 2003..4+3.4Deltagamma for acetylcholinesterase, -log K(i)=5.9+3.2Deltagamma for butyrylcholinesterase). Moreover, the relationship between the enzymes and cage amines mimics that between bottles and stoppers...
- Positive tensilon test and intracranial tumor: a case reportM Gupta
Department of Ophthalmology, O Floor, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield, UK
Eur J Ophthalmol 13:590-2. 2003..To report a case of intracranial tumor in a patient with positive tensilon test...
- Edrophonium-induced right ventricular outflow tract tachycardiaHitoshi Hachiya
Cardiology Department, Yokosuka Kyosai General Hospital, Kanagawa, Japan
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 28:S158-62. 2005..v. However, RVOT-VT could only be induced by edrophonium, 5 mg i.v., in all patients...
- Myasthenia gravis in childhoodSusana Gamio
Department of Ophthalmology, Ricardo Gutierrez Children s Hospital, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Binocul Vis Strabismus Q 19:223-31. 2004..The purpose of this work is to describe the clinical forms of MG seen in childhood, to facilitate proper diagnosis and treatment...
- Advances in the diagnosis of neuromuscular junction disordersMatthew N Meriggioli
Department of Neurology and Rehabilitation, Section of Neuromuscular Disease, University of Illinois Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Am J Phys Med Rehabil 84:627-38. 2005..However, knowledge of the sensitivity and specificity of each test can help to focus the diagnostic evaluation and maximize the diagnostic yield of each test...
- Oxyaniliniums as acetylcholinesterase inhibitors for the reversal of neuromuscular blockSimon J A Grove
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Organon Laboratories Ltd, Newhouse, Lanarkshire ML1 5SH, Scotland, UK
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 12:193-6. 2002..Several compounds, for example 2-hydroxy- and 2-methoxy-N,N-dimethyl-N-allylanilinium bromide (3 and 6) showed comparable reversal potencies to edrophonium and clean in vivo cardiovascular profiles.
- Clinical utility of videofluorography with concomitant Tensilon administration in the diagnosis of bulbar myasthenia gravisDarren C Schwartz
Department of Medicine, Section of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Dig Dis Sci 50:858-61. 2005..We describe a case of a 68-year-old man who presented with isolated bulbar symptoms. We used a novel approach to diagnosis which included a videofluorographic swallow study with concomitant Tensilon (edrophonium) injection.
- Mutation in the AChR ion channel gate underlies a fast channel congenital myasthenic syndromeR Webster
Neurosciences Group, Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington, Oxford, UK
Neurology 62:1090-6. 2004....
- Reversal of rocuronium with edrophonium during propofol versus sevoflurane anesthesiaT J Zhou
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Management, University of Texas, Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, 75239-9068, USA
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 45:246-9. 2001..In this study, we studied the antagonism of rocuronium with edrophonium-atropine during propofol- versus sevoflurane-based anesthesia...
- Prevalence of esophageal disorders in patients with recurrent chest painC Manterola
Service and Department of Surgery, Hospital Clínico de la Frontera and Universidad de La Frontera, Temuco, Chile
Dis Esophagus 17:285-91. 2004..One hundred and twenty-three patients with RCP were studied using esophageal manometry, edrophonium stimulation and 24-h pH monitoring...
- Differential inhibition of [3H]-oxotremorine-M and [3H]-quinuclinidyl benzilate binding to muscarinic receptors in rat brain membranes with acetylcholinesterase inhibitorsB Lockhart
Institut de Recherches Servier, Division of Cerebral Pathology, Croissy sur Seine, France
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 363:429-38. 2001..binding with high-to-moderate potency (ambenonium>neostigmine=pyridostigmine=tacrine>physostigmine> edrophonium=galanthamine>desoxypeganine) whereas only ambenonium and tacrine displaced [3H]-quinuclinidyl benzilate ..
- The effect of oral buspirone, pyridostigmine, and bethanechol on esophageal function evaluated with combined multichannel esophageal impedance-manometry in healthy volunteersWojciech Blonski
Division of Gastroenterology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 43:253-60. 2009..It has been also shown that an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor, the short-acting drug edrophonium administered intravenously caused a greater increase in the esophageal contraction amplitude and duration than ..
- Residual postoperative paralysis. Pancuronium versus mivacurium, does it matter?A F Kopman
New York Medical College, Valhalla, USA
Anesthesiology 85:1253-9. 1996..The authors reexamined the incidence of postoperative weakness after the administration of long- and short-acting neuromuscular blockers because few, if any, such comparative studies are available...
- [Clinical consequences of neuromuscular impairments in critically ill patients]A Mesejo
Servicio de Medicina Intensiva, Hospital Clinico Universitario de Valencia
Nutr Hosp 21:104-13. 2006..Diagnostic confirmation is done by means of edrophonium test and by repeated nerve stimulation, which leads to a rapid decrease by 10-15% of the amplitude of evoked ..
- Neuromuscular blockade, reversal agent use, and operating room time: retrospective analysis of US inpatient surgeriesBin Zhang
Boston Health Economics, Inc, 20 Fox Road, Waltham, MA 02451, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 25:943-50. 2009..Specifically, this study sought to test the hypothesis that the application of reversal agents in surgeries using a neuromuscular block would be associated with a decrease in elapsed OR time...
- Sugammadex: a review of its use in anaesthetic practiceLily P H Yang
Wolters Kluwer Health, Adis, Auckland, New Zealand
Drugs 69:919-42. 2009..of action of sugammadex differs from that of other commonly used reversal agents, such as neostigmine and edrophonium. In the EU, sugammadex is recommended for use in the reversal of rocuronium- or vecuronium-induced moderate or ..
- [Diagnostics and treatment of myasthenia gravis in children]Sławomir Kroczka
Pracownia Neurofizjologii Kliniki Neurologii Dziecigcej
Przegl Lek 65:783-8. 2008..Myasthenia gravis (MG) is an autoimmunologic disorder. It is characterized by various clinical symptoms and their dependency upon the exertion and the rest as well...
- Muscle pain occurs after outpatient laparoscopy despite the substitution of vecuronium for succinylcholineK Zahl
Department of Anesthesiology, Mt Sinai Medical Center, New York, New York 10029 6574
Anesthesiology 70:408-11. 1989..all of these patients had residual neuromuscular blockade antagonized with glycopyrrolate 7 micrograms/kg and edrophonium 0.5 mg/kg iv...
- Idiotypic mimicry of a catalytic antibody active siteGlynis Johnson
Department of Paediatric Surgery, University of Stellenbosch, P O Box 19063, 7505, Tygerberg, South Africa
Mol Immunol 39:273-88. 2002..The Ab3s also had reduced affinities for cholinesterase anionic site inhibitors (edrophonium, tetramethylammonium and BW284c51) and no affinity at all for the AChE peripheral anionic site (PAS) inhibitor ..
- Necator americanus secretory acetylcholinesterase and its purification from excretory-secretory products by affinity chromatographyD I Pritchard
Department of Zoology, University Park, Nottingham
Parasite Immunol 13:187-99. 1991..AChE was efficiently purified from culture medium by affinity chromatography on edrophonium sepharose; 81% of the AChE activity was retained by the affinity matrix, although this fraction contained only ..
- Cholinesterases in development and diseaseL Anglister
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Hebrew University Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel
Chem Biol Interact 175:92-100. 2008..Blocking the AChE by edrophonium produced non-stationary bursting in spinal cord preparations of developing rats...
- Clinical correlates with anti-MuSK antibodies in generalized seronegative myasthenia gravisAmelia Evoli
Department of Neuroscience, Catholic University, Roma, Italy
Brain 126:2304-11. 2003..8% of cases. The effect of edrophonium (or neostigmine) injection was equivocal or negative in 11 of 37 patients (29...
- Stabilization of Torpedo californica acetylcholinesterase by reversible inhibitorsLev Weiner
Chemical Research Support and Department of Neurobiology, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Biochemistry 48:563-74. 2009..inhibitors, which interact with the catalytic anionic subsite, at the bottom of the active-site gorge, such as edrophonium and tacrine; (b) peripheral anionic site inhibitors, which interact with a site at the entrance to the gorge, ..
- Evaluation of mechanisms of azinphos-methyl resistance in the codling moth Cydia pomonella (L.)Haim Reuveny
Department of Entomology, Faculty of Agricultural, Food and Environmental Quality Sciences, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Rehovot, Israel
Arch Insect Biochem Physiol 57:92-100. 2004..Of the quaternary ammonium ligands (except for the powerful BW284c51), edrophonium and decamethonium displayed appreciable inhibition rates, while d-tubocuraine was practically inactive.
- [Concurrence of myasthenia gravis, polymyositis, thyroiditis and eosinophilia in a patient with type B1 thymoma]Manabu Inoue
Department of Neurology, Ijinkai Takeda General Hospital
Rinsho Shinkeigaku 47:423-8. 2007..TSH receptor antibody (11.9%) and anti-acetylcholine receptor antibody (46.6 nmol/L) were also increased. Edrophonium test was positive...
- Dose-response relation and time course of action of pipecuronium bromide in humans anesthetized with nitrous oxide and isoflurane, halothane, or droperidol and fentanylJ M Wierda
University Hospital, Institute for Anesthesiology, Groningen, The Netherlands
Anesth Analg 68:208-13. 1989..course of its neuromuscular blocking effects, and the reversibility of the residual block by neostigmine and edrophonium have been investigated in patients undergoing various types of anesthesia...
- Myasthenia gravis mimicking unilateral vocal fold paralysis at presentationD M Hartl
Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, Institute Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
J Laryngol Otol 121:174-8. 2007..To demonstrate the importance of detailed clinical analysis in the differential diagnosis of unilateral vocal fold paralysis, and to provide an update on current knowledge and treatment of myasthenia gravis...
- [Binocular diplopia and ptosis due to snakebite (Agkistrodon blomhoffi "mamushi")--a case report]Ryosuke Igari
Department of Emergency and Critical Care Medicine, Yamagata University School of Medicine, 2 2 2 Iida nishi, Yamagata City, Yamagata 990 9585, Japan
Brain Nerve 62:273-7. 2010..by disrupting the presynaptic membrane, and thus, its effects cannot be blocked by the anticholinesterase edrophonium chloride...
- Does this patient have myasthenia gravis?Katalin Scherer
Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
JAMA 293:1906-14. 2005..Clinicians must be able to diagnose myasthenia gravis, since delays in establishing the diagnosis may put patients at risk for complications from this treatable disease...
- Tensile and tear strength of carrageenan film from Philippine eucheuma speciesAnnabelle V Briones
Department of Science and Technology, Industrial Technology Development Institute, DOST Compound, Taguig, Metro Manila, Philippines
Mar Biotechnol (NY) 6:148-51. 2004..Morphologic studies showed that the carrageenan film had sets of pores distributed randomly at different places as compared to LDPE film. It also showed that the carrageenan film was more fibrous than LDPE film...
- [Myasthenia-like syndrome induced by cibenzoline overdose in a patient with chronic kidney disease]Hidenori Kawasaki
Department of Nephrology, National Hospital Organization Kyoto Medical Center, Kyoto, Japan
Nihon Jinzo Gakkai Shi 50:942-7. 2008..However, the anti-acetylcholine receptor antibody and edrophonium tests were negative...
- Modulation of an idioventricular rhythm by vagal toneM B Waxman
Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Am Coll Cardiol 11:1052-60. 1988..The pacemaker was also slowed by a cholinesterase inhibitor (edrophonium hydrochloride) and accelerated by a muscarinic receptor blocking drug (hyoscine butylbromide)...
- [Treatment approach to congenital myasthenic syndrome in a patient with acetylcholine receptor deficiency]Keiko Ishigaki
Department of Pediatrics, Tokyo Women s Medical University, School of Medicine, Tokyo
No To Hattatsu 41:37-42. 2009..The patient experienced no side effects. Despite all of the objective data were improving, his subjective symptoms and ADL remained poor. There are still many challenges in the treatment of the patient...
- [Comparison between idiopathic achalasia and achalasia caused by Chagas' disease: a review on the publications about the subject]Roberto Oliveira Dantas
Departamento de Clinica Medica, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brasil
Arq Gastroenterol 40:126-30. 2003....
- [Anti-MuSK antibody-positive myasthenia gravis with nephrotic syndrome: a case report]Mitsuaki Shioyama
Department of Internal Medicine, Shinosaka Hospital
Rinsho Shinkeigaku 49:424-7. 2009..He was diagnosed with seronegative myasthenia gravis (SNMG) based on a positive edrophonium test and positive waning on repetitive stimulation...
- Development of methods for skin barrier peeling testsYuko Omura
Tokyo Ostomy Center, Japan
J Wound Ostomy Continence Nurs 33:510-6; discussion 516-7. 2006..We sought to develop a more effective method to evaluate the adhesive properties of skin barriers...
- MG and LEMS overlap syndrome: case report with electrophysiological and immunological evidenceShin J Oh
Department of Neurology, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35294, USA
Clin Neurophysiol 116:1167-71. 2005..To report the clinical, electrophysiological, and immunological findings in one patient with MG and LEMS overlap syndrome (myasthenia gravis and Lambert-Eaton myasthenic syndrome)...
- Screening of acetylcholinesterase inhibitors by CE after enzymatic reaction at capillary inletYolanda Martín-Biosca
Departmento Química Analítica, Universitat de Valencia, C Vicente Andrés Estellés s n, Burjassot Valencia, Spain
J Sep Sci 32:1748-56. 2009..of inhibitory action mechanism and IC(50), is evaluated using compounds with known activity, tacrine edrophonium, and neostigmine...
- Facial muscular atrophy in a myasthenia gravis patientNatsuko Yuki
Department of Neurology, Maizuru Medical Center, Maizuru
Intern Med 47:1355-7. 2008..At 56 years of age, the edrophonium test and repetitive supramaximal stimulation testing of the orbicularis oris were negative...
- Differences in active-site gorge dimensions of cholinesterases revealed by binding of inhibitors to human butyrylcholinesteraseA Saxena
Division of Biochemistry, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Washington, DC 20307, USA
Chem Biol Interact 119:61-9. 1999..For huperzine A and edrophonium, the results obtained with AChE mutants could be directly correlated with those obtained with native ChEs and ..
- Design, synthesis, and biological evaluation of coumarin derivatives tethered to an edrophonium-like fragment as highly potent and selective dual binding site acetylcholinesterase inhibitorsLeonardo Pisani
Dipartimento Farmaco Chimico, Università degli Studi di Bari Aldo Moro, Via Orabona 4, 70125 Bari, Italy
ChemMedChem 5:1616-30. 2010....
- Pearls: myastheniaMichael Benatar
Emory University School of Medicine and School of Public Health, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Semin Neurol 30:35-7. 2010....
- Myasthenia gravis and pipecuronium--report of two casesM Naguib
Division of Anaesthesia, King Khalid University Hospital, Saudi Arabia
Middle East J Anesthesiol 11:381-90. 1992..1 micrograms.kg-1 and the ED95 doses were 35 and 33.3 micrograms.kg-1 in patients #1 and 2 respectively. Edrophonium 1 mg.kg-1 and neostigmine 0.06 mg...
- Noncardiac chest painV Alin Botoman
Department of Gastroenterology, Cleveland Clinic Florida, Weston, Florida 33331, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 34:6-14. 2002..The author proposes a combined practical approach to noncardiac chest pain that incorporates these findings, which is useful in a clinical practice setting...
- Clinical, electrophysiological and immunological remissions after thymectomy in myasthenia gravisA Kostera-Pruszczyk
Department of Neurology, Medical University of Warsaw, ul Banacha 1 a 00 097, Warsaw, Poland
Clin Neurophysiol 113:615-9. 2002....
- Clinical and molecular genetic findings in COLQ-mutant congenital myasthenic syndromesVioleta Mihaylova
Friedrich Baur Institute, Department of Neurology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Brain 131:747-59. 2008..Moreover, overlap with other CMS subtypes and potentially absence of a repetitive compound muscle action potential should be considered in the diagnosis of COLQ-mutated patients...
- Pathophysiological studies of neuromuscular function in subacute organophosphate poisoning induced by phosmetJ L Good
University of Maryland School of Medicine, Department of Neurology, Baltimore 21201
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 56:290-4. 1993..Marked decremental responses of 50-80% on slow and fast rates of stimulation were improved to 15% by edrophonium or neostigmine...
- Pupil-sparing, painless compression of the oculomotor nerve by expanding basilar artery aneurysm: a case of ocular pseudomyastheniaBela Ajtai
Department of Neurology, State University of New York at Buffalo, NY, USA
Arch Neurol 61:1448-50. 2004..Oculomotor nerve paresis may have relatively benign but also life-threatening causes. Distinguishing between these is of great clinical importance...
- Severe congenital myasthenia gravis of the presynaptic type with choline acetyltransferase mutation in a Chinese infant with respiratory failureWai L Yeung
Department of Pediatrics, Prince of Wales Hospital, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, SAR, China
Neonatology 95:183-6. 2009..Neostigmine and edrophonium tests were also negative...
- [Ocular myasthenia gravis: diagnostic aspects and evolution]M de Entrambasaguas
Servicio de Neurofisiologia Clinica, Hospital General de Castellon, 12004 Castellón de la Plana, Espana
Rev Neurol 44:397-403. 2007..AIMS. To describe and compare the clinical data and findings of the diagnostic tests of patients with OMG and those with a different diagnosis, and to know the conversion rate from OMG to generalized myasthenia...
- Relevance of mild ineffective oesophageal motility (IOM) and potential pharmacological reversibility of severe IOM in patients with gastro-oesophageal reflux diseaseF Fornari
Center for Gastroenterological Research, Catholic University of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 26:1345-54. 2007..However, impedance-manometric studies proposed that only severe ineffective oesophageal motility might affect oesophageal clearance...
- [A case of thymoma-associated myasthenia gravis with anti-MuSK antibodies]Ai Ito
Department of Neurology, Mie University Graduate School of Medicine
Rinsho Shinkeigaku 53:372-5. 2013..Patients showed an improvement in ptosis after administration of edrophonium.Anti-acetylcholine receptor antibody was negative, and anti-muscle specific receptor tyrosine kinase antibody ..
- Observations of the potency and duration of vecuronium in isoflurane-anesthetized horsesManuel Martin-Flores
Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA
Vet Anaesth Analg 39:385-9. 2012..To evaluate the potency and duration of three subparalyzing doses of vecuronium (VEC) in isoflurane-anesthetized horses...
- Painful sweatingDavid S Goldstein
Clinical Neurocardiology Section, National Institute of Neurologic Disorders and Stroke, Building 10, Room 6N252, 10 Center Drive, MSC 1620, Bethesda, MD 20892 1620, USA
Neurology 63:1471-5. 2004..The authors report a case of spontaneous and gustatory facial pain and sweating...
- Bedside testing for myasthenia gravis: the ice-testJ Browning
Emerg Med J 28:709-11. 2011..and non-invasive investigation with a high sensitivity for myasthenia gravis and is a useful alternative to edrophonium testing...
- [Catastrophes caused by neurologic diagnostic procedures]M Arias Gomez
Servicio de Neurologia, Complexo Hospitalario Universitario de Santiago de Compostela, Santiago de Compostela, A Coruna, Espana
Neurologia 25:61-7. 2010..b>Edrophonium testing can be complicated with bradycardia and/or asystole...
- Swallow induces a peristaltic wave of distension that marches in front of the peristaltic wave of contractionL Abrahao
Division of Gastroenterology, San Diego VA Health Care System and University of California, San Diego, CA 92161, USA
Neurogastroenterol Motil 23:201-7, e110. 2011..Our aim is to determine the relationship between contraction and luminal distension during bolus transport...
- Characterization of reversible and pseudo-irreversible acetylcholinesterase inhibitors by means of an immobilized enzyme reactorManuela Bartolini
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Via Belmeloro 6, University of Bologna, 40126 Bologna, Italy
J Chromatogr A 1144:102-10. 2007..Mechanisms of action of selected reversible inhibitors (tacrine, donepezil, edrophonium, ambenonium) were evaluated by means of Lineweaver-Burk plot analysis...
- [Role of esophageal provocative tests in the investigation of patients with chest pain of undetermined origin]Luiz J Abrahão
Servico de Gastroenterologia, Hospital Universitario Clementino Fraga Filho, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Arq Gastroenterol 42:139-45. 2005..These methods many times disclose abnormalities that can only be enrolled as the possible cause of chest pain. Provocative tests can reproduce pain in the laboratory, establishing its esophageal origin...
- [Ocular myasthenia: diagnosis and treatment]T Stojkovic
Centre de références Paris Est, AP HP, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Institut de Myologie, 75013 Paris, France
Rev Neurol (Paris) 166:987-97. 2010..search for antiacetycholine receptor antibodies (positive in 50% of cases of purely ocular myasthenia), and edrophonium chloride test sometimes yield false negative results...
- Dropped head sign as the only symptom of myasthenia gravisHiroaki Yaguchi
Neurology, Kushiro Rousai Hospital
Intern Med 46:743-5. 2007..We established a diagnosis of MG based on the results of an edrophonium test and a voluntary single fiber electromyogram (vSFEMG), and a high serum antiacetylcholine receptor antibody ..
- LC/MS/MS analysis of quaternary ammonium drugs and herbicides in whole bloodMarinah M Ariffin
Forensic Medicine and Science Department, Joseph Black Building, University of Glasgow, University Place, G12 8QQ Glasgow, Scotland
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 842:91-7. 2006Quaternary ammonium drugs (atracurium, bretylium, edrophonium, ipratropium, mivacurium, neostigmine, pancuronium and rocuronium) and herbicides (difenzoquat, diquat and paraquat) in human whole blood were analysed by LC/MS/MS with ..
- Preparation, in vitro evaluation and molecular modelling of pyridinium-quinolinium/isoquinolinium non-symmetrical bisquaternary cholinesterase inhibitorsMarketa Komloova
Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Pharmacy in Hradec Kralove, Department of Inorganic and Organic Chemistry, Heyrovskeho 1203, 500 05 Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic University of Jan Evangelista Purkynje, Faculty of Science, Department of Chemistry, Ceske mladeze 8, 400 96 Ústí nad Labem, Czech Republic
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 23:6663-6. 2013..was determined and the results were compared to the known effective inhibitors such as ambenonium dichloride, edrophonium bromide and experimental compound BW284C51...
- [Biochemical characteristics of cholinesterase from taenia Hymenolepis diminuta]Agnieszka Swietlikowska
Praca doktorska wykonana w Zakładzie Biologii Molekulamej Pracownia Biochemii Instytutu Parazytologii P A N im W Stefafiskiego w Warszawie
Wiad Parazytol 50:759-61. 2004
- Myasthenia gravisVern C Juel
Division of Neurology, Box 3403, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, 27710, USA
Orphanet J Rare Dis 2:44. 2007..In patients with fatigable muscle weakness, the diagnosis of MG is supported by: 1. pharmacologic testing with edrophonium chloride that elicits unequivocal improvement in strength; 2...
- Interaction of edrophonium with muscarinic acetylcholine M2 and M3 receptorsY Tanito
Yokosuka Kyosai Hospital, Japan
Anesthesiology 94:804-14. 2001BACKGROUND: It has been reported that edrophonium can antagonize the negative chronotropic effect of carbachol. This study was undertaken to evaluate in detail the interaction of edrophonium with muscarinic Mz and M3 receptors...
- Respiratory failure due to vocal cord paresis in myasthenia gravisKoji Teramoto
Second Department of Surgery, Shiga University of Medical Science, Seta Tsukinowa, Otsu, Japan
Respiration 69:280-2. 2002..her vocal cords were seen to be in the paramedian position and to move apart after the intravenous injection of edrophonium. The patient initially presented with ocular myasthenia and later returned with isolated respiratory failure...
- beta-Amyloid aggregation induced by human acetylcholinesterase: inhibition studiesManuela Bartolini
Dipartimento di Scienze Farmaceutiche, Universita di Bologna, Via Belmeloro 6, 40126 Bologna, Italy
Biochem Pharmacol 65:407-16. 2003..Incubation experiments were performed in the presence of known AChE inhibitors (physostigmine, edrophonium, decamethonium, propidium) and drugs used for Alzheimer's disease (AD) (tacrine, donepezil), to test their ..
- Markedly enhanced susceptibility to experimental autoimmune myasthenia gravis in the absence of decay-accelerating factor protectionFeng Lin
Institute of Pathology, Case Western Reserve University, University Hospitals of Cleveland, and Louis Stokes Cleveland Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Clin Invest 110:1269-74. 2002..The weakness was reversed by edrophonium, consistent with a myasthenic disorder...
- A comparison of the chronotropic and dromotropic actions between adenosine triphosphate and edrophonium in patients undergoing coronary artery bypass graft surgerySeiji Watanabe
Department of Anesthesiology, Kurume University School of Medicine, Kurume, Fukuoka, Japan
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 16:598-602. 2002..To compare the effects of the stimulation of adenosine receptors and acetylcholine receptors in the cardiac conduction system in patients with ischemic heart disease...
- N-glycosylation of human acetylcholinesterase: effects on activity, stability and biosynthesisB Velan
Department of Biochemistry, Israel Institute for Biological Research, Ness Ziona
Biochem J 296:649-56. 1993..and kcat./Km values similar to those of the wild-type enzyme. (e) In most mutants, inhibition profiles with edrophonium and bisquaternary ammonium ligands are identical with those of wild-type enzyme; the Asn-350 mutants, however, ..
- Differential effects of "peripheral" site ligands on Torpedo and chicken acetylcholinesteraseJ Eichler
Laboratorie de Neurobilogie, Ecole Normale Superieure, Paris, France
Mol Pharmacol 45:335-40. 1994..In contrast, edrophonium, which is directed to the "anionic" subsite of the active site, inhibits the chicken and Torpedo enzymes ..
- [Neuromuscular blockade with vecuronium and its reversal with edrophonium during total intravenous anesthesia, neuroleptanalgesia and sevoflurane anesthesia]K Ishii
First Department of Anesthesiology, Dokkyo University School of Medicine, Tochigi
Masui 43:1196-200. 1994The neuromuscular blocking effect of vecuronium and its reversibility ith edrophonium were studied under total intravenous anesthesia (TIVA) and compared with those under NLA or sevoflurane anesthesia (SA) in 30 surgical patients...
- [Manometry and drugs]G Coccia
Divisione di Gastroenterologia, Ospedale Galliera
Minerva Chir 46:115-20. 1991..Pharmacological stimulations with Bethanechol and Edrophonium is useful in the diagnosis of non cardiac chest pain, when alterations of esophageal motility are sporadic and ..
- Catalytic antibodies with acetylcholinesterase activityGlynis Johnson
Department of Pediatric Surgery Medical Biochemistry, University of Stellenbosch, P O Box 19063, Tygerberg 7505, South Africa
J Immunol Methods 269:13-28. 2002..resembling the anionic sites of cholinesterases, as shown by their reaction with the anionic site inhibitors (edrophonium and tetramethylammonium). No such reactions were observed in the Ab3s...
- Fasciculin 2 binds to the peripheral site on acetylcholinesterase and inhibits substrate hydrolysis by slowing a step involving proton transfer during enzyme acylationJ Eastman
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44120 4965, USA
J Biol Chem 270:19694-701. 1995..In contrast, edrophonium, N-methylacridinium, and butyrylthiocholine bound to the acylation site and formed ternary complexes with the ..
- PARALYSIS--ITS ANTAGONISM DURING SURGERY AND ANESTHESIARonald Miller; Fiscal Year: 1990..used to correlate the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of the antagonists neostigmine, pyridostigmine and edrophonium. The pharmacokinetics of these drugs have been previously determined but have not been correlated with the ..
- Perceptual encoding and imagery in prosopagnosiaJason Barton; Fiscal Year: 2008..From our prior work, we hypothesize that covert or unconscious recognition is the residual product of a partially damaged face network in the brain. We propose a functional imaging experiment to test this hypothesis. ..