- Specific inhibition of cyclooxygenase-2 results in inhibition of proliferation of oral cancer cell lines via suppression of prostaglandin E2 production
Second Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, School of Dentistry, Showa University, Tokyo, Japan
J Oral Pathol Med 30:41-7. 2001
..These results suggest that specific inhibition of COX-2 inhibits proliferation of cancer cells expressing COX-2 mRNA via suppression of PGE2 production...
- Selective COX-2 inhibitor, NS-398, suppresses cellular proliferation in human hepatocellular carcinoma cell lines via cell cycle arrest
Ji Yeon Baek
Department of Internal Medicine, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, 505 Banpo Dong, Seocho gu 137 701, Seoul, Korea
World J Gastroenterol 13:1175-81. 2007
..To investigate the growth inhibitory mechanism of NS-398, a selective cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) inhibitor, in two hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) cell lines (HepG2 and Huh7)...
- Aspirin and NS-398 inhibit hepatocyte growth factor-induced invasiveness of human hepatoma cells
First Department of Internal Medicine, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, Japan
Hepatology 35:1117-24. 2002
..In conclusion, our results suggest that aspirin and NS-398 inhibit HGF-induced invasiveness of HepG2 human hepatoma cells through ERK1/2...
- Prophylactic and therapeutic benefits of COX-2 inhibitor on motility dysfunction in bowel obstruction: roles of PGE₂ and EP receptors
You min Lin
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555 0655, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 302:G267-75. 2012
..PGE(2) and its receptors EP2 and EP4 are involved in the motility dysfunction in obstruction, whereas EP1 and EP3 mediate PGE(2) regulation of colonic smooth muscle contractile function in normal state...
- Novel partial reductive pathway for 4-chloronitrobenzene and nitrobenzene degradation in Comamonas sp. strain CNB-1
Jian Feng Wu
State Key Laboratory of Microbial Resources, Institute of Microbiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100080, People s Republic of China
Appl Environ Microbiol 72:1759-65. 2006
..It was proposed that CnbH might represent a novel type of deaminase and be involved in a novel partial reductive pathway for chloronitrobenzene or nitrobenzene degradation...
- Pathophysiology of motility dysfunction in bowel obstruction: role of stretch-induced COX-2
Xuan Zheng Shi
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555 0655, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 300:G99-G108. 2011
..In conclusion, mechanical stretch in obstruction induces marked expression of COX-2 in the colonic SMC, and stretch-induced COX-2 plays a critical role in the suppression of smooth muscle contractility in bowel obstruction...
- Hypertension increases the participation of vasoconstrictor prostanoids from cyclooxygenase-2 in phenylephrine responses
Departamento de Farmacología y Terapéutica bDepartamento de Fisiología, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Spain
J Hypertens 23:767-77. 2005
..The present study was designed to analyse whether hypertension alters the involvement of cyclooxygenase-2-derived mediators in phenylephrine-induced vasoconstrictor responses...
- Normal or stress-induced fibroblast senescence involves COX-2 activity
Research Unit on Cellular Biology URBC, University of Namur FUNDP, rue de Bruxelles, 61 B 5000 Namur, Belgium
Exp Cell Res 313:3046-56. 2007
..Taken together, these findings indicate that COX-2 is highly up-regulated during both normal and stress-induced fibroblast senescence and contributes to the establishment of the senescent characteristics...
- Oxidative stress mediates chemical hypoxia-induced injury and inflammation by activating NF-κb-COX-2 pathway in HaCaT cells
Department of Physiology, Zhongshan School of Medicine, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangdong, People s Republic of China
Mol Cells 31:531-8. 2011
..In conclusion, our results demonstrated that oxidative stress mediates chemical hypoxia-induced injury and inflammatory response through activation of NF-κB-COX-2 pathway in HaCaT cells...
- NS398 reduces hypoxia-inducible factor (HIF)-1alpha and HIF-1 activity: multiple-level effects involving cyclooxygenase-2 dependent and independent mechanisms
Winship Cancer Institute, Department of Hematology and Oncology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Int J Cancer 112:585-95. 2004
..These data not only confirm the inhibitory effect of NS398 on HIF-1alpha and HIF-1 transcriptional activity but also demonstrate that such an effect occurs at multiple levels involving both COX-2 dependent and independent mechanisms...
- Mechanotransduction in bone cells proceeds via activation of COX-2, but not COX-1
A D Bakker
Department of Oral Cell Biology, ACTA Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 305:677-83. 2003
..COX-2 mRNA expression was still significantly enhanced 24 h after cessation of PFF. We conclude that COX-2 is the mechanosensitive form of COX that determines the response of bone tissue to mechanical loading...
- Agonist-specific regulation of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 expression by cyclooxygenase metabolites in hepatic stellate cells
Dipartimento di Medicina Interna, University of Florence, Italy
Hepatology 33:713-21. 2001
..These findings indicate that cross-talk between cytokines and a prostaglandin-cAMP pathway differentially regulates the proinflammatory potential of HSC, contributing to the modulation of liver tissue inflammation...
- Categorization of nitrobenzenes for repeated dose toxicity based on adverse outcome pathways
Chemical Management Center, National Institute of Technology and Evaluation, Tokyo, Japan
SAR QSAR Environ Res 24:35-46. 2013
..In this paper, we report results of the categorization of nitrobenzenes for RDT based on the AOPs obtained by analysing the detailed RDT test reports for 24 different nitrobenzenes ..
- The anti-apoptotic property of NS-398 at high dose can be mediated in part through NF-kappaB activation, hsp70 induction and a decrease in caspase-3 activity in human osteosarcoma cells
Laboratoire de Biochimie, UPRES EA 1085, Faculte de Pharmacie, 2 rue du Docteur Marcland, 87025 Limoges Cedex, France
Int J Oncol 20:1255-62. 2002
..Our new findings confirm the novel anti-apoptotic property of NS-398 at 100 microM, as we previously found, which contrasts to the described NS-398 pro-apoptotic effect on other cancer cell lines...
- NS-398, a selective cyclooxygenase 2 inhibitor, inhibited cell growth and induced cell cycle arrest in human hepatocellular carcinoma cell lines
Division of Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Disease, Department of Internal Medicine, Hyogo College of Medicine, Nishinomiya, Hyogo, Japan
Int J Cancer 99:755-61. 2002
..A reduction in cell number in the S phase may be an important event in cell cycle arrest caused by NS-398 in hepatocellular carcinoma cell lines...
- Production by quantitative photolithographic synthesis of individually quality checked DNA microarrays
Functional Genome Analysis, Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, Im Neuenheimer Feld 506, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Nucleic Acids Res 28:E11. 2000
..Furthermore, the quality of every individual array position was checked quantitatively after synthesis. Subsequently, the quality tested chips were used in successive hybridisation experiments...
- The MEK/ERK pathway mediates COX-2-selective NSAID-induced apoptosis and induced COX-2 protein expression in colorectal carcinoma cells
Douglas J E Elder
Department of Pathology and Microbiology, School of Medical Sciences, University of Bristol, Bristol, United Kingdom
Int J Cancer 99:323-7. 2002
..These results point to a key role for the MEK/ERK signalling pathway in mediating the effects of a COX-2-selective NSAID on colorectal carcinoma cells...
- Separation and determination of nitrobenzenes by micellar electrokinetic chromatography and high-performance liquid chromatography
Shu Ping Wang
Department of Applied Chemistry, Providence University, 200 Chunchi Road, Shalu, Taichung Hsien 43301, Taiwan
J Chromatogr A 979:439-46. 2002
..liquid chromatographic method are proposed for the separation and determination of a mixture of 12 nitrobenzenes and their reduction products, namely 4-nitro-1,2-phenylenediamine, 4-nitro-1,3-phenylenediamine, 2-nitro-1,4-..
- Upregulation of vascular endothelial growth factor by cobalt chloride-simulated hypoxia is mediated by persistent induction of cyclooxygenase-2 in a metastatic human prostate cancer cell line
X H Liu
Department of Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Clin Exp Metastasis 17:687-94. 1999
- Purification, characterization, and crystallization of the components of the nitrobenzene and 2-nitrotoluene dioxygenase enzyme systems
R E Parales
Section of Microbiology, University of California, Davis, California 95616, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 71:3806-14. 2005
..The specificity constants were 7.0 muM(-1) min(-1) for 2NT and 1.2 muM(-1) min(-1) for naphthalene, indicating that the enzyme is more efficient with 2NT as a substrate. Diffraction-quality crystals of the two oxygenases were obtained...
- Molecular characterization and substrate specificity of nitrobenzene dioxygenase from Comamonas sp. strain JS765
Daniel J Lessner
Department of Microbiology, Center for Biocatalysis and Bioprocessing, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 68:634-41. 2002
..NBDO is the first member of the naphthalene family of Rieske nonheme iron oxygenases reported to oxidize all of the isomers of mono- and dinitrotoluenes with the concomitant release of nitrite...
- NS-398, a cyclooxygenase-2-specific inhibitor, delays skeletal muscle healing by decreasing regeneration and promoting fibrosis
Departments of Bioengineering, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Am J Pathol 167:1105-17. 2005
..Our findings suggest that the use of cyclooxygenase-2-specific inhibitors to treat skeletal muscle injuries warrants caution because they may interfere with muscle healing...
- Structural insight into the dioxygenation of nitroarene compounds: the crystal structure of nitrobenzene dioxygenase
Department of Molecular Biology, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala Biomedical Center, Box 590 S 751 24 Uppsala, Sweden
J Mol Biol 348:1139-51. 2005
- Plasmid-mediated degradation of 4-chloronitrobenzene by newly isolated Pseudomonas putida strain ZWL73
Wuhan Institute of Virology, Chinese Academy of Science, Wuhan 430071, People s Republic of China
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 72:797-803. 2006
..coli with 2A5CPDO activity. The phylogenetic analysis suggested that 2A5CPDO may form a new subgroup in class III meta-cleavage dioxygenase with its close homologs...
- COX-2 up-regulation and vascular smooth muscle contractile hyperreactivity in spontaneous diabetic db/db mice
Department of Physiology, University of Kentucky, 509 Wethington Building, 900 South Limestone, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Cardiovasc Res 67:723-35. 2005
..However, mechanisms underlying such vascular dysfunction remain to be fully elucidated. The current study tests the role of cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) in diabetic vascular smooth muscle dysfunction...
- Effects of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs on Helicobacter pylori-infected gastric mucosae of mice: apoptosis, cell proliferation, and inflammatory activity
T I Kim
Department of Internal Medicine and Institute of Gastroenterology, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Infect Immun 69:5056-63. 2001
..pylori-infected mice and that, like COX-2 activation, COX-1 induction contributes to the change of gastric mucosal cell turnover and inflammation induced by H. pylori infection...
- A new isolate of Pseudomonas stutzerithat degrades 2-chloronitrobenzene
Wuhan Institute of Virology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 430071, Wuhan, PR China
Biotechnol Lett 27:275-8. 2005
..5 mM 2-chloronitrobenzene. PCR amplification and DNA sequencing revealed a DNA fragment encoding a polypeptide homologous to the alpha-subunit of ring-hydroxylating dioxygenases...
- Detection of differentially expressed genes in human colon carcinoma cells treated with a selective COX-2 inhibitor
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232-2279, USA
Oncogene 20:4450-6. 2001
..Additional studies are underway to determine the biological function of the novel genes that were identified...
- Two-year feed study of carcinogenicity and chronic toxicity of ortho-chloronitrobenzene in rats and mice
Japan Bioassay Research Center, Japan Industrial Safety and Health Association, 2445 Hirasawa, Hadano, Kanagawa 257 0015, Japan
J Toxicol Sci 31:247-64. 2006
..Causative factors of o-CNB-induced carcinogenicity were discussed with reference to our previous rodent studies of subchronic toxicity of o-CNB and carcinogenicity and chronic toxicity of para-chloronitrobenzene...
- Carcinogenicity and chronic toxicity of para-chloronitrobenzene in rats and mice by two-year feeding
Japan Bioassay Research Center, Japan Industrial Safety and Health Association, Hirasawa, Hadano, Kanagawa, Japan
J Environ Pathol Toxicol Oncol 25:571-84. 2006
..Causative factors of p-CNB-induced carcinogenicity and chronic toxicity are discussed in light of the subchronic and chronic hematotoxicity reported in our present and previous studies and in the literature...
- Initial reactions in the biodegradation of 1-chloro-4-nitrobenzene by a newly isolated bacterium, strain LW1
Division of Microbiology, GBF National Research Centre for Biotechnology, D 38124 Braunschweig, Germany
Appl Environ Microbiol 65:1405-12. 1999
..In contrast, when NAD was added in the presence of oxygen, only minor amounts of 5-chloropicolinic acid were formed, and a new product, which exhibited an absorption maximum at 306 nm, accumulated...
- Selective COX-2 inhibitors modulate cellular senescence in human dermal fibroblasts in a catalytic activity-independent manner
So Ra Kim
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Kangwon National University College of Medicine, Chuncheon 200 701, South Korea
Mech Ageing Dev 129:706-13. 2008
..Collectively, these results suggest that COX-2 catalytic activity does not mediate HDF senescence and that selective COX-2 inhibitors modulate HDF senescence by a catalytic activity-independent mechanism...
- Cyclooxygenase-2 inhibition prevents migration of colorectal cancer cells to extracellular matrix by down-regulation of matrix metalloproteinase-2 expression
Department of General Surgery, University Hospital Coventry, Walsgrave, West Midlands, CV2 9DX, United Kingdom
Dis Colon Rectum 51:342-7. 2008
..Up-regulation of matrix metalloproteinases-2 expression may be one of the mechanisms, which explains how cyclooxygenase-2 expression promotes migration of colorectal cancer cells to extracellular matrix...
- Cyclooxygenase-2 selective inhibition with NS-398 suppresses proliferation and invasiveness and delays liver metastasis in colorectal cancer
Section of Gastroenterology, Boston University School of Medicine and Boston Medical Center, 650 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Br J Cancer 90:712-9. 2004
..Cyclooxygenase-2 inhibition suppresses tumour cell growth and invasion/migration, and retards liver metastasis in a mouse colon cancer model, via multiple cellular and molecular mechanisms...
- NS-398 inhibits tumor growth and liver metastasis of colon cancer through induction of apoptosis and suppression of the plasminogen activation system in a mouse model
Department of Surgery, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY, USA
J Am Coll Surg 199:428-35. 2004
..COX-2 also relates to degradation of the extracellular matrix, but the relationship between COX-2 and the plasminogen activator system is unclear...
- Suppression of prostaglandin synthesis with NS-398 has different effects on endocortical and periosteal bone formation induced by mechanical loading
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis 46202, USA
Calcif Tissue Int 70:320-9. 2002
- Inhibitor of cyclooxygenase-2 induces cell-cycle arrest in the epithelial cancer cell line via up-regulation of cyclin dependent kinase inhibitor p21
Second Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, School of Dentistry, Showa University, 2 1 1, Kitasenzoku, Ota ku, Tokyo 145 8515, Japan
Br J Cancer 86:1150-6. 2002
..Our results also suggest that NS-398 is not sufficient to complete the whole process of apoptosis in NA cells, although it induces an early event in apoptosis...
- Corneal stimulation of MMP-1, -9 and uPA by platelet-activating factor is mediated by cyclooxygenase-2 metabolites
Department of Ophthalmology and Neuroscience Center, LSU Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, USA
Curr Eye Res 23:77-85. 2001
..Specific COX-2 inhibition could therefore block the actions of PAF when inflammation is sustained...
- Cyclooxygenase inhibitors retard murine mammary tumor progression by reducing tumor cell migration, invasiveness and angiogenesis
J G Rozic
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Int J Cancer 93:497-506. 2001
..The inhibitory effects were not entirely PG dependent; some PG-independent effects were also noted...
- Induction of apoptosis in colon cancer cells by cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor NS398 through a cytochrome c-dependent pathway
Department of Clinical Cancer Prevention, The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Clin Cancer Res 7:1010-6. 2001
..Therefore, the combination of NS398 with apoptosis-inducing drugs through cytochrome c-independent pathways may be warranted...
- COX-2 inhibition improves immune system homeostasis and decreases liver damage in septic rats
Department of General Surgery, the First Hospital of Lanzhou University, Gansu, China
J Surg Res 157:43-7. 2009
..To evaluate cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) inhibition by NS-398 in septic rats with respect to immunologic derangements and hepatic damage...
- Cyclooxygenase-2 is involved in HIV-1 Tat-induced inflammatory responses in the brain
Molecular Neuroscience and Vascular Biology Laboratory, Department of Surgery, University of Kentucky, Lexington KY 40536, USA
Neuromolecular Med 8:337-52. 2006
..Such alterations may play an important role in the development of brain inflammatory reactions in HIV-infected patients and contribute to the development of neurological complications in the course of HIV-1 infection...
- COX-2 selective inhibition reverses the trophic properties of gastrin in colorectal cancer
Section of Gastroenterology, Boston University School of Medicine and Boston Medical Center, 605 Albany Street, Room 504, Boston, Massachusetts, MA 02118, USA
Br J Cancer 87:574-9. 2002
- Prediction of toxicity of nitrobenzenes using ab initio and least squares support vector machines
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Sciences, Azad University of Arak, Arak, Iran
J Hazard Mater 151:603-9. 2008
..structure-property relationship (QSPR) study is suggested for the prediction of toxicity (IGC50) of nitrobenzenes. Ab initio theory was used to calculate some quantum chemical descriptors including electrostatic potentials ..
- Effects of nitrobenzene contamination and of bioaugmentation on nitrification and ammonia-oxidizing bacteria in soil
State Key Laboratory of Virology, Wuhan Institute of Virology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Wuhan, China
FEMS Microbiol Ecol 70:159-67. 2009
..Overall, P. putida ZWL73 shows promising abilities for effective removal of nitrobenzene and for attenuating the negative effects of nitrobenzene contamination on soil functioning...
- NS-398, ibuprofen, and cyclooxygenase-2 RNA interference produce significantly different gene expression profiles in prostate cancer cells
Radiation Oncology Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, NIH, 9000 Rockville Pike, Room B3 B 406, Building 10, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 8:261-73. 2009
- Toxicological and chemical assessment of ordinance compounds in marine sediments and porewaters
Texas A and M University Corpus Christi, Center for Coastal Studies, 78412, USA
Mar Pollut Bull 44:789-806. 2002
..Degradation products may have played a role in observed toxicity...
- Cyclooxygenase-2 modulates brain inflammation-related gene expression in central nervous system radiation injury
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 104:159-69. 2002
..These results indicate that COX-2 modulates the inflammatory response in brain following radiation injury, and suggest the use of COX-2 selective inhibitors for the management of CNS inflammation...
- Change of bacterial communities in sediments along Songhua River in Northeastern China after a nitrobenzene pollution event
State Key Laboratory of Environmental Aquatic Chemistry, Research Center for Eco Environmental Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
FEMS Microbiol Ecol 65:494-503. 2008
..These results suggest that these latter two groups of bacteria may play potential roles in degradation and detoxification of nitrobenzene in the present contaminated river environments...
- Selective COX-2 inhibitor, NS-398, inhibits the replicative senescence of cultured dermal fibroblasts
Ji Hyun Han
Department of Dermatology, Seoul National University Hospital, 28 Yongon Dong, Chongno Gu, Seoul 110 744, South Korea
Mech Ageing Dev 125:359-66. 2004
..These results suggest that the increased level of COX-2 and higher level of PGE(2) in aged cells may play an important role in cellular senescence, and that selective COX-2 inhibitors may be useful for the intervention of skin aging...
- Control of substrate specificity by active-site residues in nitrobenzene dioxygenase
Kou San Ju
Section of Microbiology, 226 Briggs Hall, 1 Shields Ave, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 72:1817-24. 2006
..Compared to the wild type, the F293Q mutant was 2.5 times faster at oxidizing 2,6-dinitrotoluene while retaining a similar Km for the substrate based on product formation rates and whole-cell kinetics...
- Tumor necrosis factor-alpha induces cyclooxygenase-2 expression and prostaglandin release in brain microvessel endothelial cells
K S Mark
Department of Pharmaceutical Science, College of Pharmacy, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 297:1051-8. 2001
..Together, these results suggest that the TNF-alpha-induced permeability and cytoskeletal structural effects are due, in part, to an induction of the COX-2 system and increased release of prostaglandins in the cerebral microvasculature...
- A new glycosidation method through nitrite displacement on substituted nitrobenzenes
Institute of Organic Chemistry, University of Tuebingen, Auf der Morgenstelle 18, 72076 Tuebingen, Germany
Carbohydr Res 342:440-7. 2007
..1-OH and 1-SH glycoses in the glucose, glucosamine, galactose, mannose, and lactose series react with nitrobenzenes activated by one or two electron withdrawing substituents like nitro and cyano to afford the corresponding ..
- Significant anti-proliferation of human endometrial cancer cells by combined treatment with a selective COX-2 inhibitor NS398 and specific MEK inhibitor U0126
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Gifu University School of Medicine, Gifu City 501 1194, Japan
Int J Oncol 26:737-44. 2005
- Apoptosis induction and cyclooxygenase-2 regulation in human colorectal adenoma and carcinoma cell lines by the cyclooxygenase-2-selective non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug NS-398
D J Elder
Department of Pathology and Microbiology, School of Medical Sciences, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
Int J Cancer 86:553-60. 2000
..Apoptosis appears to be the dominant anti-proliferative effect of NS-398 and, in COX-2 expressing cells, may be mechanistically linked to the observed induction of COX-2 protein expression upon treatment with NS-398...
- Cyclooxygenase-2 level and culture conditions influence NS398-induced apoptosis and caspase activation in lung cancer cells
H C Chang
Department of Physiology, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung 807, Taiwan, ROC
Oncol Rep 8:1321-5. 2001
..Additionally, a correlation between the level of COX-2 expression and the extent of apoptosis induced by COX-2 inhibitors was found...
- Cyclooxygenase-2 increases hypoxia-inducible factor-1 and vascular endothelial growth factor to promote angiogenesis in gastric carcinoma
Shih Pei Huang
Department of Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, National Taiwan University College of Medicine, No 7, Chung Shan S Road, Taipei 100, Taiwan
J Biomed Sci 12:229-41. 2005
..Our work supports the COX-2/PGE2/HIF-1alpha/VEGF pathway possibly contributing to tumor angiogenesis in GC...
- Inhibition of COX-2 with NS-398 decreases colon cancer cell motility through blocking epidermal growth factor receptor transactivation: possibilities for combination therapy
Division of Histopathology, Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, School of Medical Sciences and Bristol Royal Infirmary, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
Cell Prolif 40:768-79. 2007
..Overexpression of cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) and subsequent prostaglandin production promote metastasis and have been shown to increase cell motility in vitro...
- Chemopreventive effect of N-(2-cyclohexyloxy-4-nitrophenyl)methane sulfonamide (NS-398), a selective cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor, in rat colon carcinogenesis induced by azoxymethane
Department of Pathology, Gifu University School of Medicine
Jpn J Cancer Res 90:406-12. 1999
..03+/-0.82) (P<0.001 by Welch's method). The results suggest that NS-398, a selective COX inhibitor, has a chemopreventive activity against colon carcinogenesis without side-effects such as gastric ulceration...
- COX-2 expression and cell cycle progression in human fibroblasts
D W Gilroy
Vascular Biology Research Center and Division of Hematology, University of Texas-Houston Medical School, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 281:C188-94. 2001
..Collectively, these data show that transient COX-2 expression in primary human fibroblasts does not influence cell cycle progression...
- Requirement of cyclooxygenase-2 expression and prostaglandins for human prostate cancer cell invasion
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
Clin Exp Metastasis 19:593-601. 2002
..Further, PGD2 may represent a weak inhibitor and counteracts the effect of PGE2 in the cell invasion...
- Inhibited proliferation of cyclooxygenase-2 expressing human hepatoma cells by NS-398, a selective COX-2 inhibitor
Ke Qin Hu
Loma Linda University Medical Center, Loma Linda, CA 92354, USA
Int J Oncol 22:757-63. 2003
..Our findings confirmed an effective inhibitory effect of NS-398 on proliferation of COX-2 expressing human hepatoma cells through a decreased COX-2/PG activity that is associated with altered cell cycle progression and apoptotic rate...
- Potential involvement of the cyclooxygenase-2 pathway in the regulation of tumor-associated angiogenesis and growth in pancreatic cancer
Signal Transduction Laboratory, Methodist Research Institute, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 2:1-7. 2003
- Interleukin-1beta induces glycosaminoglycan synthesis via the prostaglandin E2 pathway in cultured human cervical fibroblasts
INSERM U 361, Universite Rene Descartes, Paris, France
Mol Hum Reprod 9:1-8. 2003
..These results suggest that PGE(2) may regulate human cervical ripening in an autocrine/paracrine manner via EP(4) receptors...
- Cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor enhances whereas prostaglandin E2 inhibits the production of interferon-induced protein of 10 kDa in epidermoid carcinoma A431
Department of Dermatology, Teikyo University, School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Invest Dermatol 119:1080-9. 2002
..The results also suggest that NS398 may restore IP-10 synthesis by preventing PGE2 production in A431 and thus may be therapeutically useful for skin cancer...
- Cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor NS-398 suppresses cell growth and constitutive production of granulocyte-colony stimulating factor and granulocyte macrophage-colony stimulating factor in lung cancer cells
Department of Internal Medicine, Kochi Medical School, Kohasu, Okocho, Nankoku, Kochi 783 8505
Cancer Sci 94:173-80. 2003
..G-CSF overproduction by tumor cells is observed at an advanced clinical stage. Our findings imply that a COX-2 inhibitor might improve the prognosis of patients with lung cancer through the reduction of G-CSF or GM-CSF...
- Akt regulates COX-2 mRNA and protein expression in mutated-PTEN human endometrial cancer cells
Marie Eve St-Germain
Department of Chemistry and Biology, Medical Biology Section, University of Quebec at Trois Rivieres, C P 500, Trois Rivieres, Quebec G9A 5H7, Canada
Int J Oncol 24:1311-24. 2004
..It is concluded that the PI 3-K/Akt survival pathway is involved in the regulation of COX-2 and PGE2 synthesis in human endometrial cancer cells...
- Classic NSAID and selective cyclooxygenase (COX)-1 and COX-2 inhibitors in healing of chronic gastric ulcers
Department of Physiology Jagellonian University School of Medicine, Cracow, Poland
Microsc Res Tech 53:343-53. 2001
- Crystal-induced neutrophil activation: VIII. Immediate production of prostaglandin E2 mediated by constitutive cyclooxygenase 2 in human neutrophils stimulated by urate crystals
Laval University, Ste Foy, Quebec, Canada
Arthritis Rheum 48:1137-48. 2003
..To evaluate the impact of monosodium urate monohydrate (MSUM) crystals on the synthesis of prostaglandin E(2) (PGE(2)) by human neutrophils, and to examine some of the mechanisms underlying these responses...
- Cyclooxygenase 2 and intermittent hypoxia-induced spatial deficits in the rat
Richard C Li
Kosair Children s Hospital Research Institute, 570 South Preston Street, Suite 321, Department of Pediatrics, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 168:469-75. 2003
..We conclude that IH induces upregulation and activation of COX-2 in rat cortex and that COX-2 may play a role in IH-mediated neurobehavioral deficits...
- Suppressive effect of selective cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor on cytokine release in human neutrophils
Second Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Showa University School of Dentistry, 2 1 1, Kitasenzoku, Ota, Tokyo 145 8515, Japan
Int Immunopharmacol 3:1519-28. 2003
..These results suggest that selective COX-2 inhibitors may contribute to resolution of acute inflammation through the reduction of inflammatory cytokine release in activated neutrophils...
- Cyclooxygenase inhibitors not inhibit resting lung cancer A549 cell proliferation
Jiangsu Center for Drug Screening, China Pharmaceutical University, 1, Shennong Road, Nanjing 210038, PR China
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 74:317-21. 2006
..These data suggested that without cytokin stimulation, COX and PGE2 may not be the kernel molecules involved in A549 cell proliferation, and COX inhibitors could not inhibit A549 cell growth directly...
- Interleukin-1beta-induced prostaglandin E2 production by human gingival fibroblasts is upregulated by glycine
Department of Periodontology, Dental School, Medical University Vienna, Waehringer Strasse 25A, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
J Periodontol 76:1182-8. 2005
..Elevated concentrations of glycine were previously found in periodontal pockets and saliva of periodontitis patients and, therefore, we aimed to study the influence of glycine on PGE(2) production...
- Expression and enzyme activity determination of human cyclooxygenase-1 and -2 in a baculovirus-insect cell system
Wei Yu Zhang
Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 201203, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 25:1000-6. 2004
..To develop an in vitro intact cell-based assay for screening selective cyclooxygenase inhibitors...
- Prostaglandin E2 inhibits transforming growth factor beta 1-mediated induction of collagen alpha 1(I) in hepatic stellate cells
Alex Y Hui
Division of Liver Diseases, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Hepatol 41:251-8. 2004
..We assessed the impact of COX-2 inhibition and PGE(2) on the regulation of TGF-beta 1-stimulated matrix synthesis in an immortalized human HSC line, LX-1 and corroborated these findings in primary stellate cells...
- Inhibition of cyclooxygenase-1 and -2 expression by targeting the endothelin a receptor in human ovarian carcinoma cells
Laboratories of Molecular Pathology and Ultrastructure and Immunology, Regina Elena Cancer Institute, Rome, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 10:4670-9. 2004
- Neuroprotection of cultured cortical neurons mediated by the cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor APHS can be reversed by a prostanoid
Noel G Carlson
Salt Lake City VA Geriatrics Research, Education and Clinical Center, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
J Neurosci Res 71:79-88. 2003
..PGE(2) may in some instances contribute toward excitotoxicity, and the inhibition of synthesis of this prostanoid may in part explain the neuroprotective properties of these COX-2 inhibitors...
- Cytokines upregulate vascular endothelial growth factor secretion by human airway smooth muscle cells: Role of endogenous prostanoids
Division of Respiratory Medicine, Clinical Sciences Building, City Hospital, Nottingham, UK
FEBS Lett 579:2551-6. 2005
..Furthermore, the effect of the COX inhibitors was overcome by adding exogenous PGE(2). In conclusion, IL-1beta increases VEGF-A secretion by COX-2 derived PGE(2) production whereas TGFbeta uses COX-independent pathways...
- Novel regulatory mechanisms of CD40-induced prostanoid synthesis by IL-4 and IL-10 in human monocytes
Department of Medicine and Biosystemic Science, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
J Immunol 172:2147-54. 2004
- Prostaglandin levels in seminal plasma and sperm extracts of the domestic turkey, and the effects of cyclooxygenase inhibitors on sperm mobility
Jessica H Kennedy
University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia, USA
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 1:74. 2003
..For this study, levels of PG E1, E2, and F2 alpha in turkey seminal plasma and sperm extract, and effects of cyclooxygenase (COX) inhibitors on sperm mobility were determined...
- Cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) inhibitors sensitize tumor cells specifically to death receptor-induced apoptosis independently of COX-2 inhibition
Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Dusseldorf, D 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Oncogene 22:8021-30. 2003
..Together, our data suggest that COX-2 inhibitors overcome apoptosis resistance and selectively sensitize tumor cells to the extrinsic death receptor-induced apoptotic pathway independently of COX-2...
- Cyclooxygenase-1 mediates the final stage of morphine-induced delayed cardioprotection in concert with cyclooxygenase-2
Department of Anesthesiology, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Hamamatsu, Japan
J Am Coll Cardiol 45:1707-15. 2005
..We sought to investigate the time course of morphine-induced delayed cardioprotection and examine the role of cyclooxygenase (COX) in this cardioprotective effect...
- Transcriptional induction of cyclooxygenase-2 in osteoblasts is involved in interleukin-6-induced osteoclast formation
Department of Biochemistry, School of Dentistry, Showa University, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo, Japan
Endocrinology 138:2372-9. 1997
..The increased PGE2 synthesis by osteoblasts may play an important role in osteoclastogenesis induced by submaximal doses of IL-1 and IL-6...
- Prostaglandin E2 receptors EP2 and EP4 are down-regulated in human mononuclear cells after injury
V E Strong
Department of Surgery, New York Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Medical College of Cornell Univerity, New York, NY 10021, USA
Surgery 130:249-55. 2001
..Furthermore, PGE(2) mediates EP2 and EP4 down-regulation. These data suggest that specific EP receptor subtypes may provide critical targets for augmenting the immune response after injury in humans...
- Selected contribution: synergism between TNF-alpha and IL-1 beta in airway smooth muscle cells: implications for beta-adrenergic responsiveness
P E Moore
Physiology Program, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Appl Physiol 91:1467-74. 2001
..The data suggest that the simultaneous release in the airway, of even very small amounts of cytokines, can have important functional consequences...
- NSAIDs inhibit alpha V beta 3 integrin-mediated and Cdc42/Rac-dependent endothelial-cell spreading, migration and angiogenesis
Centre Pluridisciplinaire d'Oncologie, University of Lausanne Medical School, Lausanne, Switzerland
Nat Med 7:1041-7. 2001
..Moreover, they provide a rationale to the understanding of the anti-angiogenic activity of NSAIDs...
- Sepsis-induced alteration in T-cell Ca(2+) signaling in neonatal rats
M H Alattar
Burn and Shock Trauma Institute, Loyola University Medical Center, 2160 South First Avenue, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
Biol Neonate 80:300-4. 2001
..Pretreatment of pups with COX-2, but not COX-1 inhibitor, prevented the decrease in the [Ca(2+)](i) response. These findings suggest that PGE(2) might induce the attenuation in T-cell Ca(2+) signaling during sepsis in neonatal rats...
- Cyclooxygenase-2 is induced in monocytes by peroxisome proliferator activated receptor gamma and oxidized alkyl phospholipids from oxidized low density lipoprotein
Aaron V Pontsler
Department of Pathology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
J Biol Chem 277:13029-36. 2002
..Cyclooxygenase-2 and PGE(2) secretion are induced, not inhibited, by selective PPARgamma agonists that include oxidatively fragmented phospholipids in oxidized LDL...
- Molecular modelling of the differential interaction between several non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and human prostaglandin endoperoxide H synthase-2 (h-PGHS-2)
Departament de Fisicoquimica, Facultat de Farmacia, Universitat de Barcelona, Spain
J Mol Graph Model 20:329-43. 2002
- Enteroinvasive bacteria alter barrier and transport properties of human intestinal epithelium: role of iNOS and COX-2
Department of Medicine, and Biomedical Sciences Ph D Program, University of California, San Diego, School of Medicine, San Diego, California, USA
Gastroenterology 122:1070-87. 2002
- Cyclooxygenase-2 regulates prostaglandin E2 signaling in hippocampal long-term synaptic plasticity
Neuroscience Center, School of Medicine, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, USA
J Neurophysiol 87:2851-7. 2002
..Our results indicate that COX-2-generated PGE2 regulates membrane excitability and long-term synaptic plasticity in hippocampal perforant path-dentate gyrus synapses...
- The COX-2 inhibitor NS-398 causes T-cell developmental disruptions independent of COX-2 enzyme inhibition
Jerome H. Holland Laboratory for Biomedical Research, American Red Cross, Rockville, MD 20855, USA
Cell Immunol 214:184-93. 2001
..Furthermore, NS-398 was inhibitory even when its target, COX-2, was absent. These data show that the T-cell developmental effects of NS-398 are COX-2 and PGE2 independent...
- Increased cyclooxygenase-2 (cox-2) expression and activity in a murine model of metastatic breast cancer
Program in Oncology, University of Maryland Greenebaum Cancer Center and School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Int J Cancer 93:681-6. 2001
..Despite the inhibition of prostaglandin synthesis, the cox-2 enzyme levels (protein and mRNA) were increased by either indomethacin or NS398...
- Effects of 1alpha,25-(OH)(2)D(3) on rat growth zone chondrocytes are mediated via cyclooxygenase-1 and phospholipase A(2)
V L Sylvia
Department of Orthopaedics, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
J Cell Biochem Suppl . 2001
..PKC regulation may occur at multiple stages in the signal transduction cascade. J. Cell. Biochem. Suppl. 36: 32-45, 2001...
- Generation of 8-epi-prostaglandin F(2alpha) in isolated rat kidney glomeruli by a radical-independent mechanism
Department of Pediatrics, Philipps-University of Marburg, D-35033 Marburg, Germany
Br J Pharmacol 133:643-50. 2001
..g. under inflammatory conditions. Regarding renal oxidative injuries, the usefulness of 8-epi-PGF(2alpha) as a representative marker molecule of oxidative stress has to be questioned...
- Impaired mucosal defense to acute colonic injury in mice lacking cyclooxygenase-1 or cyclooxygenase-2
Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
J Clin Invest 105:469-78. 2000
- Dose-dependent modulation of apoptosis and cyclooxygenase-2 expression in human 1547 osteosarcoma cells by NS-398, a selective cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor
UPRES EA 1085, Laboratory of Biochemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Limoges, France
Int J Oncol 18:533-40. 2001
..This latter property of NS-398 at 100 microM in 1547 human osteosarcoma cells is novel compared to the described NS-398 pro-apoptotic effect on other cell lines...
- Selective inhibition of vascular endothelial growth factor-mediated angiogenesis by cyclosporin A: roles of the nuclear factor of activated T cells and cyclooxygenase 2
G L Hernández
Centro de Biologia Molecular Severo Ochoa, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas CSIC, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias, E 28049 Madrid, Spain
J Exp Med 193:607-20. 2001
- Differential effects of ethanol on the expression of cyclo-oxygenase in cultured cortical astrocytes and neurons
Department of Psychiatry, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
J Neurochem 76:1354-63. 2001
..Thus, astrocytes are a primary target of ethanol and ethanol-induced increases in glial PGE(2) synthesis are mediated by COX, principally COX2. Ethanol toxicity may be mediated through PGE(2) in immature cortical cells...
- Differential regulation of interleukin-1 beta-induced cyclooxygenase-2 gene expression by nimesulide in human synovial fibroblasts
J A Di Battista
, , , , 1560 rue Sherbrooke Est, , , Canada H2L 4M1
Clin Exp Rheumatol 19:S3-5. 2001
..Mechanistic studies revealed that the drug-induced inhibition of COX-2 expression and synthesis was not promoter-based, but may be associated with the blockade of IL-1 beta-dependent calcium flux and increased cellular calcium levels...
- Nuclear factor-kappaB regulates cyclooxygenase-2 expression and cell proliferation in human gastric cancer cells
J W Lim
Department of Pharmacology and Institute of Gastroenterology, Brain Korea 21 Project for Medical Sciences, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul
Lab Invest 81:349-60. 2001
..In conclusion, NF-kappaB mediates COX-2 expression, which may be related to cell proliferation, in human gastric cancer cells...