technetium tc 99m sestamibi
Summary: A technetium imaging agent used to reveal blood-starved cardiac tissue during a heart attack.
Publications216 found, 100 shown here
- The efficacy of sestamibi parathyroid scintigraphy for directing surgical approaches based on modified interpretation criteriaChun K Kim
Department of Radiology, Division of Nuclear Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine of New York University, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, NY 10029, USA
Clin Nucl Med 27:246-8. 2002..The authors assessed the efficacy of SPS based on modified interpretation criteria to determine specifically whether SPS influences the surgeon's choice of a targeted versus a conventional approach to parathyroidectomy...
- Radionuclide imaging of the parathyroid glandsChristopher J Palestro
Department of Nuclear Medicine and Radiology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, USA
Semin Nucl Med 35:266-76. 2005..Fewer oxyphil cells, and hence fewer mitochondria, may explain both lower uptake and rapid washout of MIBI from some lesions. MIBI is also less sensitive for detecting multigland disease than solitary gland disease...
- Consequences of targeted parathyroidectomy guided by localization studies without intraoperative parathyroid hormone monitoringDenise M Carneiro-Pla
Department of Surgery, Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, Miami, FL, USA
J Am Coll Surg 202:715-22. 2006....
- What is the link between nonlocalizing sestamibi scans, multigland disease, and persistent hypercalcemia? A study of 401 consecutive patients undergoing parathyroidectomyBill Chiu
Department of Surgery, Division of Gastrointestinal and Endocrine Surgery, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Surgery 140:418-22. 2006..We hypothesized that nonlocalizing sestamibi scans would correlate with multigland disease and persistent primary hyperparathyroidism...
- A novel combined radiological method for evaluation of the response to chemotherapy for primary bone sarcomaShinji Miwa
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Kanazawa University School of Medicine, Kanazawa, Japan
J Surg Oncol 106:273-9. 2012..In this study, we compared radiological evaluations and histological response, and developed a combined radiological scoring system for assessing the response to chemotherapy...
- Use of 99mTc-MIBI scintigraphy in the evaluation of the response to chemotherapy for osteosarcoma: comparison with 201Tl scintigraphy and angiographyShinji Miwa
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Kanazawa University School of Medicine, 13 1 Takara machi, Kanazawa, Ishikawa, 920 8640, Japan
Int J Clin Oncol 16:373-8. 2011....
- Preoperative localization and radioguided parathyroid surgeryGiuliano Mariani
Regional Center of Nuclear Medicine, University of Pisa Medical School, Pisa, Italy
J Nucl Med 44:1443-58. 2003..Specific guidelines should be followed when selecting patients for gamma-probe-guided MIP...
- Pinhole single-photon emission computed tomography for myocardial perfusion imaging of miceMax C Wu
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 42:576-82. 2003....
- 2009 EANM parathyroid guidelinesElif Hindie
Service de Medecine Nucleaire, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris Cedex 10, France
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 36:1201-16. 2009..Additional radiation to the patient should also be considered. The guidelines also discuss aspects related to radio-guided surgery of hyperparathyroidism and imaging of chronic kidney disease patients with secondary hyperparathyroidism...
- Prediction of final tumor response to preoperative chemotherapy by Tc-99m MIBI imaging at the middle of chemotherapy in malignant bone and soft tissue tumors: comparison with Tl-201 imagingJunichi Taki
Department of Biotracer Medicine, Kanazawa University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, 13 1 Takara machi, Kanazawa, 920 8640, Japan
J Orthop Res 26:411-8. 2008..809, p = 0.35). 99mTc-MIBI imaging performed in the middle of chemotherapy well predicts the final tumor response to chemotherapy in patients with malignant bone and soft tissue tumors...
- Early prediction of histopathological tumor response to preoperative chemotherapy by Tc-99m MIBI imaging in bone and soft tissue sarcomasJunichi Taki
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Kanazawa University Hospital, 13 1 Takara machi, Kanazawa, Japan
Clin Nucl Med 35:154-9. 2010....
- The ectopic parathyroid adenoma: a cost justification for routine preoperative localization with technetium Tc 99m sestamibi scanR A Sofferman
Department of Surgery, The University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington 05401, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 124:649-54. 1998....
- Experimental study of [99mTc(PNP5) (DBODC)]+ as a new myocardial perfusion imaging agentWan chun Zhang
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Cardiovascular Institute and Fu Wai Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, 167 Bei Li Shi Lu, Beijing, China
Cardiology 112:89-97. 2009..This study was aimed to compare the properties of [(99m)Tc(PNP5)(DBODC)]+ with (99m)Tc-MIBI in normal swine and in canine models of myocardial ischemia...
- 99mTc-N-DBODC5: a novel myocardial perfusion imaging agent for diagnosis of coronary artery disease, a reviewTohoru Takeda
Institute of Clinical Medicine, Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences, University of Tsukuba, 1 1 1 Tennodai, Tsukuba shi, Ibaraki ken 305 8575, Japan
Recent Pat Cardiovasc Drug Discov 1:161-6. 2006....
- Uptake and washout of 99mTcV-dimercaptosuccinic acid and 99mTc-sestamibi in the assessment of histological type and grade in breast cancerV Papantoniou
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Alexandra Hospital, University of Athens, Greece
Nucl Med Commun 23:461-7. 2002....
- Relationship of cell proliferation (Ki-67) to 99mTc-(V)DMSA uptake in breast cancerVassilios J Papantoniou
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Alexandra University Hospital, Athens, Greece
Breast Cancer Res 6:R56-62. 2004..In addition, by multivariate regression analysis, we further isolated those factors with independent associations with (V)DMSA and/or MIBI uptake in primary breast cancer...
- 99mTc-(V)DMSA scintimammography in the assessment of breast lesions: comparative study with 99mTc-MIBIV Papantoniou
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Alexandra University Hospital, Athens, Greece
Eur J Nucl Med 28:923-8. 2001..Finally, we believe that both tracers could offer an alternative method for elucidating nondiagnostic mammograms...
- (99m)Tc-MIBI imaging for prediction of therapeutic effects of second-generation MDR1 inhibitors in malignant brain tumorsToshio Sasajima
Department of Neurosurgery, Akita University School of Medicine, Akita, Japan
Int J Cancer 121:2637-45. 2007..Analysis of (99m)Tc-MIBI accumulation is considered informative for detecting MDR1-mediated drug resistance and for monitoring the therapeutic effects of MDR1 inhibitors in malignant brain tumors...
- A prospective evaluation of preoperative localization by technetium-99m sestamibi scintigraphy and ultrasonography in primary hyperparathyroidismChung Yau Lo
Department of Surgery, University of Hong Kong Medical Centre, Queen Mary Hospital, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong, China
Am J Surg 193:155-9. 2007..However, their relative importance and actual contribution to MIP have not been prospectively assessed...
- Sestamibi is a substrate for MDR1 and MDR2 P-glycoprotein genesBrigid Joseph
Marion Bessin Liver Research Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Ullmann 625, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 30:1024-31. 2003..Assessment of P-glycoprotein activity with sestamibi should consider how regulation of ABCB1 and related family members might modulate sestamibi incorporation...
- A review of the cost-effectiveness of Tc-99m sestamibi scintimammography in diagnosis of breast cancer in Taiwanese women with indeterminate mammographically dense breastYi Shan Chen
Institute of Industrial Engineering and Enterprise Information of Tunghai University, Taichung, Taiwan
Surg Oncol 11:151-5. 2002..The analysis data indicate that Tc-99m sestamibi scintimammography can save the cost of unnecessary biopsies in Taiwanese women with non-diagnostic mammogram because of mammographically dense breasts...
- 99mTc-MIBI radio-guided minimally invasive parathyroidectomy: experience with patients with normal thyroids and nodular goitersDario Casara
Nuclear Medicine Service, Radiotherapy Department, Azienda Ospedaliera di Padova, Italy
Thyroid 12:53-61. 2002....
- 99mTc-N-DBODC5, a new myocardial perfusion imaging agent with rapid liver clearance: comparison with 99mTc-sestamibi and 99mTc-tetrofosmin in ratsKengo Hatada
Experimental Cardiology Laboratory, Cardiovascular Division, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
J Nucl Med 45:2095-101. 2004..We sought to compare the myocardial uptake and clearance kinetics and organ biodistribution of (99m)Tc-N-DBODC5 with (99m)Tc-sestamibi and (99m)Tc-tetrofosmin...
- Imaging multidrug resistance P-glycoprotein transport function using microPET with technetium-94m-sestamibiHeather M Bigott
Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology, Washington University School of Medicine, 510 South Kingshighway Boulevard, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Mol Imaging 4:30-9. 2005....
- Biphasic accumulation kinetics of [99mTc]-hexakis-2-methoxyisobutyl isonitrile in tumour cells and its modulation by lipophilic P-glycoprotein ligandsTerez Marian
PET Center, University of Debrecen, Medical and Health Science Centre, 4012 Debrecen, Nagyerdei krt 98, Hungary
Eur J Pharm Sci 25:201-9. 2005..To study the accumulation and washout kinetics of [99mTc]-hexakis-2-methoxyisobutyl isonitrile (99mTc-MIBI) in MDR positive and MDR negative tumour cells and how this is modified by lipophilic P-glycoprotein ligands...
- Usefulness of 99mTc-sestamibi scintigraphy in suggesting the therapeutic effect of chemotherapy against gastric cancerKenji Kawata
Department of Surgery, Tazuke Kofukai Medical Research Institute and Kitano Hospital, Osaka, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 10:3788-93. 2004..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the relationship between (99m)Tc-MIBI accumulation in tumors and sensitivity to chemotherapy in gastric cancer patients...
- Noninvasive detection of multidrug resistance in patients with hematological malignancies: are we there yet?Lale Kostakoglu
Department of Radiology, Division of Nuclear Medicine, The New York Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Cornell Medical Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Clin Lymphoma 2:242-8. 2002..Preliminary results suggest that the potential to detect MDR in tumors prior to or after exposure to chemotherapeutic agents exists in imaging using either (99m)Tc-labeled compounds and SPECT or positron emitting compounds and PET...
- Factors contributing to negative parathyroid localization: an analysis of 1000 patientsEren Berber
Section of Endocrine Surgery, Endocrinology and Metabolism Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Surgery 144:74-9. 2008..This is a prospective study looking at the characteristics of the patient and the gland that determine the likelihood of an abnormal parathyroid to be detected by ultrasonography (US) and sestamibi scan (MIBI)...
- 99mTc-sestamibi imaging in the assessment of toremifene as a modulator of multidrug resistance in patients with breast cancerMuhammad Mubashar
Department of Imaging, Hammersmith Hospital, London, United Kingdom
J Nucl Med 43:519-25. 2002..This study aimed to evaluate (99m)Tc-sestamibi imaging for predicting overexpression of Pgp in primary breast cancer and to measure the efficacy of toremifene, the MDR modulator, in vivo...
- 99mTc-MIBI Imaging in the presurgical characterization of thyroid follicular neoplasms: relationship to multidrug resistance protein expressionEnrico Saggiorato
Section of Endocrinology, Division of Internal Medicine, Department of Clinical and Biological Sciences, Gradenigo Hospital, University of Turin, Turin, Italy
J Nucl Med 50:1785-93. 2009..This study also aimed to analyze the relationship between (99m)Tc-MIBI images and P-glycoprotein (P-gp)/multidrug resistance-associated protein-1 (MRP1) immunohistochemical expression...
- (99m)Tc-sestamibi scanning in thyroid nodules with nondiagnostic cytologyLuca Giovanella
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Oncology Institute of Southern Switzerland, Bellinzona, Switzerland
Head Neck 32:607-11. 2010..Our aim in this study was to assess the relevance of (99m)Tc-sestaMIBI (MIBI) scan in the diagnostic evaluation of thyroid nodules with nondiagnostic cytology...
- Risk stratification with attenuation corrected stress Tc-99m sestamibi SPECT myocardial perfusion imaging in the absence of ECG-gating due to arrhythmiasSarkis B Baghdasarian
Division of Cardiology, Nuclear Cardiology Laboratory, Deborah Heart and Lung Center, 200 Trenton Road, Browns Mills, NJ 08015, USA
J Nucl Cardiol 16:533-9. 2009..Despite growing recognition of attenuation correction (AC) utilizing an external radiation source, prognostic studies using AC are lacking...
- The effect of P-glycoprotein function inhibition with cyclosporine A on the biodistribution of Tc-99m sestamibiL Kabasakal
Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, Istanbul, Turkey
Clin Nucl Med 25:20-3. 2000..The aim of the current study was to evaluate the effect of cyclosporine A on the biological distribution of Tc-99m sestamibi in vivo...
- Washout of [99mTc] sestamibi in predicting response to chemotherapy in patients with multiple myelomaL Pace
Nuclear Medicine Unit, Department of Biomorphological and Functional Sciences, Federico II University, Naples, Italy
Q J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 49:281-5. 2005....
- Correlation of expression of multidrug resistance protein and messenger RNA with 99mTc-methoxyisobutyl isonitrile (MIBI) imaging in patients with hepatocellular carcinomaHai Wang
Hepatic Surgery Center of Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430030, Hubei Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 10:1281-5. 2004..To explore whether P-glycoprotein (Pgp) and other pumps, multidrug resistance-associated protein (MRP) and lung resistance protein (LRP), could affect tumor accumulation and efflux of 99mTc-MIBI in liver cancer...
- Prediction of myocardial infarction versus cardiac death by gated myocardial perfusion SPECT: risk stratification by the amount of stress-induced ischemia and the poststress ejection fractionT Sharir
Division of Nuclear Medicine, Department of Imaging, Burns and Allen Research Institute, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles 90048-1865, USA
J Nucl Med 42:831-7. 2001..Integration of perfusion and function data improves stratification of patients into low, intermediate, and high risk of CD...
- Noninvasive imaging of myocardial angiogenesis following experimental myocardial infarctionDavid F Meoli
Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8017, USA
J Clin Invest 113:1684-91. 2004..This approach may also have significant clinical utility for noninvasively tracking therapeutic myocardial angiogenesis...
- Prediction of functional recovery in acute myocardial infarction: comparison between sestamibi reverse redistribution and sestamibi/BMIPP mismatchS Fujiwara
First Department of Internal Medicine, Yamagata University School of Medicine, Iida Nishi, Japan
J Nucl Cardiol 5:119-27. 1998..In this study we investigated the relationship between reverse redistribution of sestamibi and sestamibi/BMIPP mismatch in patients with AMI...
- Long-term prognosis after a normal exercise stress Tc-99m sestamibi SPECT studyAbdou Elhendy
Throraxcenter, University Hospital Dijkzigt, Totterdam, The Netherlands
J Nucl Cardiol 10:261-6. 2003..Receiver operating characteristic curves identified an exercise heart rate lower than 130 beats/min as the cutoff value that separated patients with regard to their risk for mortality and hard cardiac events...
- Is minimally invasive parathyroidectomy reasonable in the nonuniversity setting?Robert M Palmer
Greenville Memorial Hospital, Greenville Hospital System, 701 Grove Road, Greenville, SC 29605, USA
Am J Surg 192:865-8. 2006..Our goal was to evaluate the results of this technique when applied in a nonuniversity setting...
- Assessment of myocardial washout of Tc-99m-sestamibi in patients with chronic heart failure: comparison with normal controlShin ichiro Kumita
Department of Radiology, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan
Ann Nucl Med 16:237-42. 2002....
- Detection of multiple gland primary hyperparathyroidism in the era of minimally invasive parathyroidectomySonia L Sugg
Division of Pancreatobiliary Endocrine Surgery, Medical College of Wisconsin, 9200 West Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Surgery 136:1303-9. 2004..The study objective was to determine the best predictor for MGD...
- Recurrent or residual hyperparathyroidism and thyroid cancer effectively evaluated with scintigraphyMichele E Brenner
Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Otolaryngol Clin North Am 41:1117-33, viii-ix. 2008..For both pathologies, nuclear medicine techniques have emerged as the primary preoperative imaging modalities. The precise techniques used continue to evolve as new equipment and technology (fusion imaging) become available. The role of...
- Primary hyperparathyroidism: can ultrasonography be the only preoperative diagnostic procedure?S Tresoldi
Dipartimento di Radiologia Diagnostica ed Interventistica, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Ospedale San Paolo, Via A Di Rudini 8, 20142, Milano, Italy
Radiol Med 114:1159-72. 2009..The purpose of our study was to assess the role of ultrasonography (US) before surgical treatment of primary hyperparathyroidism...
- Advantages of combined technetium-99m-sestamibi scintigraphy and high-resolution ultrasonography in parathyroid localization: comparative study in 91 patients with primary hyperparathyroidismF Lumachi
Endocrine Surgery Unit, Department of Surgical and Gastroenterology Sciences, University of Padua, School of Medicine, Via Giustiniani 2, 35128 Padova, Italy
Eur J Endocrinol 143:755-60. 2000..To evaluate the usefulness of the combination of Tc-sestamibi/Tc-pertechnetate subtraction scintigraphy (SS) and high-resolution neck ultrasonography (US) in patients with primary hyperparathyroidism (pHPT) undergoing parathyroidectomy...
- Open minimally invasive parathyroid surgeryRobert Udelsman
Department of Surgery, Yale University School of Medicine, 330 Cedar Street, FMB 102, 06510, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
World J Surg 28:1224-6. 2004..MIP and standard exploration were indistinguishable with regard to high cure and low complication rates. MIP, however, was superior with regard to operating time, length of hospital stay, patient comfort, and costs...
- Double adenomas revisited: nonuniform distribution favors enlarged superior parathyroids (fourth pouch disease)Mira Milas
Department of General Surgery, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue A80, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Surgery 134:995-1003; discussion 1003-4. 2003..We reviewed our experience with 2-gland parathyroid disease to identify anatomic patterns and implications for surgical management...
- Pre-operative sestamibi-technetium subtraction scintigraphy in primary hyperparathyroidism: experience with 156 consecutive patientsJ M Jones
Department of Endocrine Surgery, Royal Victoria Hospital, Belfast, UK
Clin Radiol 56:556-9. 2001..7%. CONCLUSION: Sestamibi-technetium subtraction scintigraphy will accurately localize a high proportion of solitary parathyroid adenomas but its usefulness is diminished by its inability to consistently identify smaller tumours...
- Reoperative parathyroidectomy: an algorithm for imaging and monitoring of intraoperative parathyroid hormone levels that results in a successful focused approachTina W F Yen
Section of Endocrine Surgery, Division of General Surgery, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Surgery 144:611-9; discussion 619-21. 2008..We sought to develop a protocol for imaging and IOPTH monitoring that allows for a focused, successful operative approach...
- The effect of imaging time, radiopharmaceutical, full fat milk and water on interfering extra-cardiac activity in myocardial perfusion single photon emission computed tomographyRichard A Peace
Regional Medical Physics Department, Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Nucl Med Commun 26:17-24. 2005..The aim was to quantify the effects of imaging time, radiopharmaceutical and oral administration of full fat milk and water on interfering activity...
- Sestamibi scan-directed parathyroid surgery: potentially high failure rate without measurement of intraoperative parathyroid hormoneJohan Westerdahl
Department of Surgery, Lund University Hospital, S 221 85 Lund, Sweden
World J Surg 28:1132-8. 2004..However, the technique alone does not reliably predict multiglandular disease. Potentially the failure rate in scan-directed parathyroidectomy could increase, with up to 10% of patients without ioPTH...
- Accuracy of preoperative localization studies and intraoperative parathyroid hormone assay in patients with primary hyperparathyroidism and double adenomaMehmet Haciyanli
Department of Surgery, University of California San Francisco Mount Zion Medical Center, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Am Coll Surg 197:739-46. 2003..The purpose of this retrospective investigation was to evaluate the results of preoperative localization studies and intraoperative parathyroid hormone (IOPTH) assay in patients with primary hyperparathyroidism and double adenomas...
- Quantitative analysis of acute myocardial infarct in rat hearts with ischemia-reperfusion using a high-resolution stationary SPECT systemZhonglin Liu
Department of Radiology, University of Arizona Health Sciences Center, Tucson 85724 5067, USA
J Nucl Med 43:933-9. 2002....
- One hundred consecutive minimally invasive parathyroid explorationsR Udelsman
Departments of Surgery and Pathology, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Ann Surg 232:331-9. 2000..To review the outcomes of 100 consecutive minimally invasive parathyroid explorations...
- Integrated multislice CT and Tc-99m Sestamibi SPECT-CT evaluation of solitary pulmonary nodulesG Sergiacomi
Dipartimento di Diagnostica per Immagini e Radiologia Interventistica, Universita degli Studi di Roma Tor Vergata, Italy
Radiol Med 111:213-24. 2006..Scintigraphy was performed using a 'hybrid' g-camera that allows simultaneous acquisition of SPECT and CT images, with interesting results in diagnostic oncology...
- Reverse redistribution of 99m Tc-sestamibi after direct percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty in acute myocardial infarction: relationship with wall motion and functional response to dobutamine stimulationS Fujiwara
The First Department of Internal Medicine, Yamagata University School of Medicine, Yamagata, Japan
Nucl Med Commun 22:1223-30. 2001..The early and delayed imaging of 99mTc-sestamibi provides useful information regarding the residual viability of the dysfunctional myocardium in AMI patients...
- The impact of office neck ultrasonography on reducing unnecessary thyroid surgery in patients undergoing parathyroidectomyMira Milas
The Department of General Surgery, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Thyroid 15:1055-9. 2005..We sought to define the incidence and optimal management strategies of thyroid disease in patients undergoing surgery for HPT...
- 99mTc-sestamibi kinetics predict myocardial viability in a perfused rat heart modelZhonglin Liu
University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, USA
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 35:570-8. 2008....
- Minimally invasive parathyroidectomy and preoperative MIBI scans: correlation of gland weight and preoperative PTHDaniel Calva-Cerqueira
Department of Surgery, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, IA, USA
J Am Coll Surg 205:S38-44. 2007..This strategy depends on preoperative localization tests, of which the MIBI scan is the most commonly used. This study details one surgeon's MIP experience and examines factors that correlate with the results of sestamibi (MIBI) scans...
- Absolute quantification of regional myocardial uptake of 99mTc-sestamibi with SPECT: experimental validation in a porcine modelA J da Silva
Department of Radiology and Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco 94080, USA
J Nucl Med 42:772-9. 2001..CONCLUSION: We have shown that, by applying object-specific attenuation corrections and suitable partial-volume corrections, absolute regional activity concentration can be measured accurately in the porcine myocardium...
- Negative imaging studies for primary hyperparathyroidism are unavoidable: correlation of sestamibi and high-resolution ultrasound scanning with histological analysis in 150 patientsRadu Mihai
Department of Endocrine Surgery, John Radcliffe Hospital, Headley Way, Headington, Oxford, OX3 7LJ, UK
World J Surg 30:697-704. 2006..This enables scan-directed minimally invasive parathyroidectomy (MIP) to be the preferred treatment for PHPT in many units. This study aimed to identify factors that lead to negative imaging studies in patients with PHPT...
- Minimally invasive focused parathyroidectomy without using intraoperative parathyroid hormone monitoring or gamma probeM Haciyanli
Ataturk Training and Research Hospital, Second Surgery, Izmir, Turkey
J Postgrad Med 55:242-6. 2009..Minimally invasive parathyroidectomy (MIP) is widely used worldwide for the treatment of primary hyperparathyroidism (pHPT). It is usually combined with a perioperative adjunct for high success rate...
- Role of (99m)tc-hexakis-2-methoxy-isobutylisonitrile in the diagnosis and staging of lung cancerMario Nosotti
Department of Thoracic Surgery, IRCCS Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Via F Sforza 35, 20122 Milan, Italy
Chest 122:1361-4. 2002..The aim of this study was to determine the feasibility of using (99m)Tc-MIBI as a diagnostic and staging procedure for lung cancer...
- Technetium-99m methoxyisobutylisonitrile chest imaging for small-cell lung cancer. Relationship to chemotherapy response (six courses of combination of cisplatin and etoposide) and p-glycoprotein or multidrug resistance related protein expressionA Kao
Department of Nuclear Medicine, China Medical College Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
Ann Oncol 12:1561-6. 2001....
- 99mTc-sestamibi is a substrate for P-glycoprotein and the multidrug resistance-associated proteinN H Hendrikse
PET Center, Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital Groningen, The Netherlands
Br J Cancer 77:353-8. 1998..The fact that 99mTc-MIBI efflux is influenced by MDR1 and MRP expression must be taken into account when this gamma-rays-emitting complex is tested for tumour efflux measurements...
- A novel clinical indicator using Tc-99m sestamibi for evaluating cardiac mitochondrial function in patients with cardiomyopathiesShinro Matsuo
Department of Cardiovascular and Respiratory Medicine, Shiga University of Medical Science, Shiga, Japan
J Nucl Cardiol 14:215-20. 2007..This study was designed to test the hypothesis that MIBI washout can be used to evaluate the severity of congestive heart failure in comparison to other clinical parameters in patients with cardiomyopathies...
- Minimally invasive parathyroid surgeryJ R Howe
Department of Surgery, University of Iowa Health Care, Iowa City 52242, USA
Surg Clin North Am 80:1399-426. 2000..Results of minimally invasive techniques, including radio-guided parathyroidectomy, endoscopic parathyroidectomy, and outpatient parathyroidectomy, also are presented...
- Six hundred fifty-six consecutive explorations for primary hyperparathyroidismRobert Udelsman
Department of Surgery, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Ann Surg 235:665-70; discussion 670-2. 2002..To review the outcomes of 656 consecutive parathyroid explorations performed by a single surgeon and to compare the results of conventional and minimally invasive parathyroidectomy (MIP) techniques...
- In vivo detection of stem cells grafted in infarcted rat myocardiumRong Zhou
Department of Radiology, University of Pennsylvania, 3400 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Nucl Med 46:816-22. 2005..We hypothesized that dual-tracer small-animal SPECT would allow simultaneous imaging of (99m)Tc-sestamibi to assess myocardial perfusion and of (111)In-labeled stem cells to delineate stem cell engraftment...
- Clinical utility of ultrasound and 99mTc sestamibi SPECT/CT for preoperative localization of parathyroid adenoma in patients with primary hyperparathyroidismC N Patel
Department of Radiology and Nuclear Medicine, Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, Leeds, UK
Clin Radiol 65:278-87. 2010....
- Enhancement by tetraphenylborate of technetium-99m-MIBI uptake kinetics and accumulation in cultured chick myocardial cellsD Piwnica-Worms
Department of Radiology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts
J Nucl Med 32:1992-9. 1991..99). The results further support a potential-dependent mechanism for cell uptake of Tc-MIBI and suggest a rational approach for increasing tissue extraction fraction in vivo...
- The role of technetium-99m hexakis-2-methoxyisobutyl isonitrile in the detection of neoplastic lung lesionsMario Santini
Thoracic Surgery Unit, Second University of Naples, Italy
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 35:325-31. 2009..Our goal was to determine the role of technetium-99m hexakis-2-methoxyisobutyl isonitrile ((99m)Tc-MIBI) in the detection of neoplastic lung lesions...
- Preoperative evaluation of hyperparathyroidism: the role of dual-phase parathyroid scintigraphy and ultrasound imagingAysun Sukan
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Adana Teaching and Medical Research Center, Baskent University Faculty of Medicine, Dadaloglu Mah, 39 Sokak, No 6, Yuregir, 01250 Adana, Turkey
Ann Nucl Med 22:123-31. 2008..The aim of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of dual-phase 99mTc-methoxyisobutylnitrile (MIBI) parathyroid scintigraphy (PS) and ultrasound (US) in primary (pHPT) and secondary (sHPT) hyperparathyroidism...
- The positive effect of adenoma weight and oxyphil cell content on preoperative localization with 99mTc-sestamibi scanning for primary hyperparathyroidismYesim Erbil
Department of General Surgery, Istanbul Medical Faculty, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Am J Surg 195:34-9. 2008....
- Quantification of left ventricular volumes and ejection fraction from gated 99mTc-MIBI SPECT: MRI validation and comparison of the Emory Cardiac Tool Box with QGS and 4D-MSPECTWolfgang M Schaefer
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University Hospital, Aachen University of Technology, Germany
J Nucl Med 46:1256-63. 2005..Furthermore, software-specific characteristics of ECTB were analyzed in comparison with 4D-MSPECT and Quantitative Gated SPECT (QGS) results (all relative to cMRI)...
- Comparison of simultaneous dual-isotope multipinhole SPECT with rotational SPECT in a group of patients with coronary artery diseasePeter P Steele
Western Cardiology Associates, Westminster, Colorado 80031, USA
J Nucl Med 49:1080-9. 2008....
- Technetium Tc 99m sestamibi sensitivity in oxyphil cell-dominant parathyroid adenomasBenjamin S Bleier
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104 4206, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 132:779-82. 2006..of parathyroid adenomas contains a relative overabundance of oxyphil cells that are capable of greater technetium Tc 99m sestamibi tracer uptake and retention than other cell types...
- Validation of a new automated method for analysis of gated-SPECT imagesMilan Lomsky
Department of Clinical Physiology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Gothenburg, Sweden
Clin Physiol Funct Imaging 26:139-45. 2006..This is an important step in our development of an automated method for integrated interpretation of gated-SPECT myocardial perfusion scintigraphy studies...
- Noninvasive assessment of myocardial viability in a small animal model: comparison of MRI, SPECT, and PETDaniel Thomas
Department of Radiology, University of Pennsylvania, 3400 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Magn Reson Med 59:252-9. 2008....
- Accuracy of ventricular volume and ejection fraction measured by gated myocardial SPECT: comparison of 4 software programsK Nakajima
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Kanazawa University Hospital, 13-1 Takara-machi, Kanazawa, 920-8641, Japan
J Nucl Med 42:1571-8. 2001..However, because each method has unique characteristics that depend on its specific algorithm and thus behaves differently in the various patient subgroups, the methods should not be used interchangeably...
- Assessment of regional and global left ventricular function by reinjection T1-201 and rest Tc-99m sestamibi ECG-gated SPECT: comparison with three-dimensional magnetic resonance imagingE Tadamura
Department of Nuclear Medicine and Diagnostic Imaging, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
J Am Coll Cardiol 33:991-7. 1999..e., reinjection-g-SPECT [single-photon emission computed tomography] and MIBI-g-SPECT) to determine regional and global functional parameters...
- Preoperative dual-phase parathyroid imaging with tc-99m-sestamibi: accuracy and reproducibility of the pinhole collimator with and without oblique imagesAnne K Arveschoug
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Aalborg Hospital, Aarhus University Hospital, Aalborg, Denmark
Clin Nucl Med 32:9-12. 2007....
- Breast cancer imaging with PET and SPECT agents: an in vivo comparisonHolger Palmedo
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Nucl Med Biol 29:809-15. 2002....
- [On the isotopic localization of parathyroid adenomas]I Garcia Perez
Servicio de Cirugía General II, Hospital Central de Asturias, Spain
Rev Esp Med Nucl 21:126-7. 2002
- The role of gamma probe activity counts in minimally invasive parathyroidectomy. Preliminary resultsR Bekis
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Dokuz Eylul University School of Medicine, 35340 Inciralti Izmir, Turkey
Nuklearmedizin 43:190-4. 2004..The benefit of preoperative gamma probe in the diagnosis of adenoma in patients with histopathologically proven parathyroid (PT) adenomas was examined...
- Unilateral surgery for hyperparathyroidism: indications, limits, and late results--new philosophy or expensive selection without improvement of surgical results?Pierre E Mortier
Department of General and Endocrine Surgery, Hospital C Huriez, Rue Michel Polonovski, 59037 Lille, France
World J Surg 28:1298-304. 2004..Even with stringent indications, the late results of unilateral surgery (95.8% cure rate) barely matched those of conventional bilateral surgery (97.6% cure rate). The economic impact of such a surgical strategy should be clarified...
- Improved preoperative planning for directed parathyroidectomy with 4-dimensional computed tomographySteven E Rodgers
Department of Surgical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Surgery 140:932-40; discussion 940-1. 2006..The purpose of this study was to compare 4D-CT with sestamibi imaging and ultrasonography as methods for the accurate preoperative localization of hyperfunctioning parathyroid glands before parathyroidectomy...
- Focused cervical exploration for primary hyperparathyroidism without intraoperative parathyroid hormone monitoring or use of the gamma probeSteven R Jacobson
Division of Gastroenterologic and General Surgery, Mayo Clinic and Mayo Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
World J Surg 28:1127-31. 2004..Further experience with this surgical approach seems warranted to determine the overall cure rate, operative morbidity, and the sensitivity and specificity of preoperative localization studies...
- Prospective evaluation of sestamibi scan, ultrasonography, and rapid PTH to predict the success of limited exploration for sporadic primary hyperparathyroidismAllan Siperstein
Department of General Surgery, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Surgery 136:872-80. 2004..The aim of this study was to determine the ability of localizing studies and rapid intraoperative parathyroid hormone (PTH) to predict the success of a limited approach in patients who then underwent bilateral exploration...
- Intrathyroid parathyroid adenoma potentially mimicking a parathyroid carcinomaD Rubello
Minerva Endocrinol 31:247-8. 2006
- What's new in general surgery: endocrine surgeryJanice L Pasieka
Division of General Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
J Am Coll Surg 199:437-45. 2004
- Tomoscintigraphy improves the determination of the embryologic origin of parathyroid adenomas, especially in apparently inferior glands: imaging features and surgical implicationsDavid Taieb
Service Central de Biophysique et de Medecine Nucleaire, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire de la Timone, 264 rue Saint Pierre, 13385 Marseille Cedex 5, France
J Nucl Med Technol 35:135-9. 2007..The aim of this study was to prospectively evaluate the reliability of a new, combined protocol for the preoperative localization and determination of the embryologic origin of parathyroid adenomas...
- Dual-phase 99mTc-sestamibi imaging: its utility in parathyroid hyperplasia and use of immediate/delayed image ratios to improve diagnosis of hyperparathyroidismLeonie Gordon
Department of Radiology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina 29425, USA
J Nucl Med Technol 30:179-84. 2002..We attempted to quantitate the region-of-interest counts per pixel between immediate images and delayed images (I/D ratio) and use this ratio to distinguish normal parathyroid versus hyperplasia versus adenoma...
- [Radio-guided parathyroidectomy. A prospective study in 54 patients with primary hyperparathyroidism]M R Pelizzo
Istituto di Clinica Chirurgica III, Azienda Ospedaliera, , Padua, Italy
Minerva Endocrinol 26:35-9. 2001....
- Intraoperative localization of parathyroid glands with gamma counter probe in primary hyperparathyroidism: a prospective studyRauni A Saaristo
Department of Surgery, University Hospital of Tampere, Finland
J Am Coll Surg 195:19-22. 2002..No studies to date have compared preoperative imaging and intraoperative gamma probe localization in patients with primary hyperparathyroidism...
- Value of parathyroid hormone assay for preoperative sonographically guided parathyroid aspirates for minimally invasive parathyroidectomyYesim Erbil
Department of General Surgery, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, CAPA 34390 Istanbul, Turkey
J Clin Ultrasound 34:425-9. 2006..This study investigates the use of ultrasound (US)-guided parathyroid fine needle aspiration (FNA) as a confirmatory diagnostic method in patients with hyperparathyroidism undergoing minimally invasive parathyroidectomy...
- In vivo characterisation of parathyroid lesions by use of gamma probe: comparison with ex vivo count method and frozen section resultsOmer Ugur
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 134:316-20. 2006..We compared our findings with an ex vivo counting method ("20% rule") and frozen section results...
- Minimally invasive parathyroidectomy without intraoperative localizationL R Sprouse
Department of Surgery, University of Tennessee College of Medicine, Chattanooga 37403, USA
Am Surg 67:1022-9. 2001..The present study highlighting many of the advantages of MIP questions the necessity of additional adjuncts such as intraoperative parathyroid hormone measurement and gamma-probe localization...
- Minimally invasive surgery for treatment of hyperparathyroidismMichal Mekel
Department of Surgery A, Rambam Medical Center, Haifa, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 7:323-7. 2005..Minimal invasive surgery for parathyroidectomy has been introduced in the treatment of hyperparathyroidism...
- Pitfalls of intraoperative quick parathyroid hormone monitoring and gamma probe localization in surgery for primary hyperparathyroidismNora T Jaskowiak
Department of Surgery, Pritzker School of Medicine, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Arch Surg 137:659-68; discussion 668-9. 2002..Intraoperative quick parathyroid hormone (qPTH) monitoring and gamma probe (GP) localization greatly aid the surgeon...
- [Radio-guided parathyroidectomy: successful intraoperative parathyroid localization diagnosis with 99mTc-sestamibi in primary and recurrent hyperparathyroidism]B Geissler
, Klinikum Augsburg
Chirurg 72:1179-85. 2001..CONCLUSION: The intraoperative use of a gamma probe detector is highly effective in identifying parathyroid adenomas in pHPT and recurrent HPT and supports minimally invasive techniques...
- Signaling Pathways in Medullary Thyroid CancerHerbert Chen; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Novel Ether Containing Ligand Complexes: Cardiac ImagingKEVIN MARESCA; Fiscal Year: 2004..The current market utilization is approximately 6 million procedures annually in the USA alone. ..
- Focused Collimator for Dual Modality Breast ImagingCha Mei Tang; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- ELGAVIST, AN MRI CONTRAST AGENT FOR DIAGNOSIS OF IHDPAL SURANYI; Fiscal Year: 2000..This Phase II proposal will enable a successful Phase III commercialization of this agent whose potential market is enormous and without serious present competition. ..
- Novel Signaling Targets in GI Neuroendocrine TumorsHerbert Chen; Fiscal Year: 2005..The possibility that raf-l-mediated hormone suppression could be induced by a soluble factor would provide a plausible, therapeutic delivery method. ..
- Phase II Clinical Trial Utilizing Lithium for Patients with Neuroendocrine TumorsHerbert Chen; Fiscal Year: 2008..Besides surgery, there are limited curative and palliative treatments available to patients with metastatic NE tumors, emphasizing the need for development of other forms of therapy. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Regulating Neuroendocrine Phenotype in CancerHerbert Chen; Fiscal Year: 2010..Furthermore, these finding may permit development of components of raf-1 pathway as therapeutic targets in the treatment and palliation of NE tumors. ..
- Small Field of View Gamma Camera for ScintimammographyMichael O Connor; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- MR IMAGING OF MYOCARDIAL VIABILITY AFTER ISCHEMIC INSULTDara Kraitchman; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Ventricular Size and Valve Calcification Measures by CTMatthew J Budoff; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Prognostic Value of Quantitative ECG-gated FDG PET.Cesar Santana; Fiscal Year: 2006..These quantitative parameters of myocardial perfusion and metabolism together with the incremental value of global and regional function should provide a more complete assessment of myocardial viability and thus better prognostic power. ..
- The Effect of Statins on Skeletal Muscle FunctionPAUL DAVIS THOMPSON; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Adenosine Receptor-Mediated Protection in Reperfused MIGeorge Beller; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- IMAGING THE RESPONSE OF LOCALLY ADVANCED BREAST CANCERDavid Mankoff; Fiscal Year: 2006..In this amended application, we focus on recent progress that has strengthened our preliminary data and further supports our proposed investigations of the biology of advanced breast cancer and its relationship to therapeutic response. ..
- Preoperative chemotherapy for breast cancerLajos Pusztai; Fiscal Year: 2007..We expect that our work will lead to the development of microarray-based clinical tests to personalize chemotherapy selection for an individual with newly diagnosed breast cancer. ..
- MRI Evaluation of Acute Renal Transplant DysfunctionVivian Lee; Fiscal Year: 2008..At its conclusion, our study has a high likelihood of showing that functional MR renography for differentiating intrinsic renal diseases, will be an accurate tool for acute renal transplant dysfunction. ..
- The Molecular Basis of Juvenile PolyposisJames Howe; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies will also benefit JP patients by improving presymptomatic genetic testing, and identification of new therapeutic targets for polyp regression and cancer prevention in JP. ..
- Simultaneous dual isotope SPECTPaul Acton; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Regulation of SMAD4 and BMPR1A Expression in Juvenile PolyposisJames R Howe; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Diagnosis of IM Nodal Metastases in Breast CancerDavid Mankoff; Fiscal Year: 2004..This diagnostic study will provide important data to direct future internal mammary radiotherapy trials. ..
- NERVE AND REPOLARIZATION IMAGING IN SUDDEN CARDIAC DEATHMichael Dae; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies may provide a more comprehensive understanding of the interaction of the sympathetic nervous system and arrhythmogenesis. ..
- COMPREHENSIVE MR EVALUATION OF RENOVASCULAR DISEASEVivian Lee; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- MicroCT for Imaging Small AnimalsPaul Acton; Fiscal Year: 2003..In conclusion, a microCT system would provide essential structural data to complement functional SPECT data in small animals, and will greatly strengthen the quantitative aspects of this emerging molecular imaging technique. ..
- Application of Breast Imaging Techn to Molecular ImagingMark Williams; Fiscal Year: 2003..Use mathematical and physical phantoms to evaluate 3D cone beam reconstruction techniques 5. Construct and characterize an integrated system, combining the CT and SPECT systems on a single gantry. ..
- Magnetic Resonance Renography:Validation StudiesVivian Lee; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Injury - Induced Endothelial DysfunctionFiemu Nwariaku; Fiscal Year: 2008..The overall objectives are to determine the role of intracellular oxidants, rho and MAPK pathways on junctional phosphorylation and endothelial dysfunction. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PET Imaging of the Pancreas in Murine Models of DiabetesPaige Clark; Fiscal Year: 2005..The method could also be useful in evaluating the function of pancreatic transplants and successful engraftment of transplanted progenitor or beta cells. ..
- Three-Class ROC Analysis for Task-Based Medical Image Quality AssessmentXin He; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Canine model for assessing CNS access P-gp substratesKATRINA MEALEY; Fiscal Year: 2005....