Genomes and Genes
Summary: A furancarbonitrile that is one of the SEROTONIN UPTAKE INHIBITORS used as an antidepressant. The drug is also effective in reducing ethanol uptake in alcoholics and is used in depressed patients who also suffer from tardive dyskinesia in preference to tricyclic antidepressants, which aggravate this condition.
Publications331 found, 100 shown here
- Radio electric treatment vs. Es-Citalopram in the treatment of panic disorders associated with major depression: an open-label, naturalistic studyPiero Mannu
Responsible for Psychopharmacological Section of Neuro Psycho Physical Optimization Society, Florence, Italy
Acupunct Electrother Res 34:135-49. 2009..4, 5.8 or 10.5 GHz and power of 20 mW. Compared the efficacy of REAC and Es-Citalopram in the treatment of simultaneous coexistence of Panic Disorder with Major Depression in 9-weeks open label ..
- Evaluation of outcomes with citalopram for depression using measurement-based care in STAR*D: implications for clinical practiceMadhukar H Trivedi
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Exchange Park Express, American General Tower, 6363 Forest Park Rd, Suite 1300, Dallas, TX 75390 9119, USA
Am J Psychiatry 163:28-40. 2006..The authors' primary objectives in this study were to evaluate the effectiveness of citalopram, an SSRI, using measurement-based care in actual practice, and to identify predictors of symptom remission in ..
- A genomewide association study of citalopram response in major depressive disorderHolly A Garriock
Department of Psychiatry and Institute for Human Genetics, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0984, USA
Biol Psychiatry 67:133-8. 2010..We have carried out a genomewide association study to determine whether common DNA variation influences antidepressant response...
- CYP2C19 variation and citalopram responseDavid A Mrazek
Department of Psychiatry and Psychology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Pharmacogenet Genomics 21:1-9. 2011..b>Citalopram is metabolized by three CYP enzymes...
- Genetic predictors of response to antidepressants in the GENDEP projectRudolf Uher
MRC Social Genetic and Developmental Psychiatry Center, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, UK
Pharmacogenomics J 9:225-33. 2009..The single marker associations explained only a small proportion of variance in response to antidepressants, indicating a need for a multivariate approach to prediction...
- Glycine and a glycine dehydrogenase (GLDC) SNP as citalopram/escitalopram response biomarkers in depression: pharmacometabolomics-informed pharmacogenomicsY Ji
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 89:97-104. 2011..We used a pharmacometabolomics-informed pharmacogenomic research strategy to identify citalopram/escitalopram treatment outcome biomarkers...
- Antidepressant drug treatment modifies the neural processing of nonconscious threat cuesCatherine J Harmer
Department of Experimental Psychology, Warneford Hospital, Oxford, United Kingdom
Biol Psychiatry 59:816-20. 2006..Emotional disorders such as depression and anxiety have been associated with hyperactivity of the amygdala, but it is unknown whether antidepressant treatment directly affects amygdala responses to emotionally significant information...
- Effect of a single dose of citalopram on amygdala response to emotional facesSusannah E Murphy
Department of Psychiatry, Warneford Hospital, Oxford OX3 7JX
Br J Psychiatry 194:535-40. 2009..However, recent reports suggest they may have a much earlier therapeutic onset. A reduction in amygdala responsivity has been implicated in the therapeutic action of SSRIs...
- Neuronal effects of acute citalopram detected by pharmacoMRIS McKie
Neuroscience and Psychiatry Unit, The University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 180:680-6. 2005..Serotonin (5-hydroxytryptamine, 5-HT) is implicated in the aetiology and treatment of a variety of psychiatric disorders. A limitation of research has been the necessity to use indirect measures of 5-HT function...
- Citalopram improves dexterity in chronic stroke patientsSimone Zittel
Department of Neurology, University Medical Center Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Neurorehabil Neural Repair 22:311-4. 2008..A majority of stroke patients have persisting motor deficits despite ongoing physiotherapy. Therefore, additional treatment options are desirable...
- Effects of citalopram and interpersonal psychotherapy on depression in patients with coronary artery disease: the Canadian Cardiac Randomized Evaluation of Antidepressant and Psychotherapy Efficacy (CREATE) trialFrancois Lesperance
Department of Psychiatry, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
JAMA 297:367-79. 2007..Few randomized controlled trials have evaluated the efficacy of treatments for major depression in patients with coronary artery disease (CAD). None have simultaneously evaluated an antidepressant and short-term psychotherapy...
- Sequenced treatment alternatives to relieve depression (STAR*D): rationale and designA John Rush
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9086, USA
Control Clin Trials 25:119-42. 2004..The study compares various treatment options for those who do not attain a satisfactory response with citalopram, a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor antidepressant...
- Common changes in cerebral blood flow in patients with social phobia treated with citalopram or cognitive-behavioral therapyTomas Furmark
Department of Psychology, Uppsala University, Box 1225, SE 751 42 Uppsala, Sweden
Arch Gen Psychiatry 59:425-33. 2002Neurofunctional changes underlying effective antianxiety treatments are incompletely characterized. This study explored the effects of citalopram and cognitive-behavioral therapy on regional cerebral blood flow (rCBF) in social phobia.
- Genome-wide pharmacogenetics of antidepressant response in the GENDEP projectRudolf Uher
Medical Research Council Social, Genetic, and Developmental Psychiatry Centre, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, SE5 8AF, London, United Kingdom
Am J Psychiatry 167:555-64. 2010..The authors performed a genome-wide association analysis of improvement of depression severity with two antidepressant drugs...
- Residual symptoms after remission of major depressive disorder with citalopram and risk of relapse: a STAR*D reportA A Nierenberg
Depression Clinical and Research Program, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Psychol Med 40:41-50. 2010..We describe the types and frequency of residual depressive symptoms and their relationship to subsequent depressive relapse after treatment with citalopram in the Sequenced Treatment Alternatives to Relieve Depression (STAR*D) trial.
- The effect of citalopram pretreatment on neuronal responses to neuropsychological tasks in normal volunteers: an FMRI studyCristina M Del-Ben
Faculty of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, Brazil
Neuropsychopharmacology 30:1724-34. 2005..In all, 12 male volunteers received citalopram (7...
- Effects of Lorazepam and citalopram on human defensive reactions: ethopharmacological differentiation of fear and anxietyAdam M Perkins
Centre for Neuroimaging Sciences, Institute of Psychiatry, London SE5 8AF, UK
J Neurosci 29:12617-24. 2009..We used a within-subjects, placebo-controlled, design to test this theory, measuring the effects of citalopram and lorazepam on the defensive behavior of 30 healthy adult male humans...
- The intensity dependence of the auditory evoked N1 component as a predictor of response to Citalopram treatment in patients with major depressionThomas Linka
Clinic for Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University of Duisburg Essen, Virchowstrasse 174, 45147 Essen, Germany
Neurosci Lett 367:375-8. 2004..16 in-patients fulfilling DSM-IV criteria for major depressive episode in the course of treatment with the SSRI Citalopram. Our data revealed a significant correlation between the intensity slopes of the N1 amplitude prior to ..
- Efficacy of escitalopram compared to citalopram: a meta-analysisStuart Montgomery
University of London, UK
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 14:261-8. 2011..of this review was to assess the clinical relevance of the relative antidepressant efficacy of escitalopram and citalopram by meta-analysis...
- Influence of citalopram and environmental temperature on exercise-induced changes in BDNFMaaike Goekint
Department of Human Physiology and Sports Medicine, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Brussels, Belgium
Neurosci Lett 494:150-4. 2011..Therefore, we hypothesized that administration of a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor could influence the exercise-induced increase in BDNF, and that peripheral BDNF will be higher when exercise is performed in the heat...
- Chronic psychosocial stress and citalopram modulate the expression of the glial proteins GFAP and NDRG2 in the hippocampusCarolina Araya-Callís
Clinical Neurobiology Laboratory, German Primate Center, Leibniz Institute for Primate Research, Kellnerweg 4, 37077 Gottingen, Germany
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 224:209-22. 2012..It has been suggested that there are causal relationships between alterations in brain glia and major depression...
- Serotonin 2A receptors, citalopram and tryptophan-depletion: a multimodal imaging study of their interactions during response inhibitionJulian Macoveanu
Danish Research Centre for MR, Copenhagen University Hospital, Hvidovre, Denmark
Neuropsychopharmacology 38:996-1005. 2013..manipulations of brain serotonin levels on behavioral and neural correlates of inhibition using intravenous citalopram and acute tryptophan depletion during functional magnetic resonance imaging...
- The population pharmacokinetics of citalopram after deliberate self-poisoning: a Bayesian approachLena E Friberg
School of Pharmacy, University of Queensland, Brishane, Australia
J Pharmacokinet Pharmacodyn 32:571-605. 2005..methodology for population pharmacokinetic analysis of data that arose from deliberate self-poisoning with citalopram. Prior information on the pharmacokinetic parameters was elicited from 14 published studies on citalopram when ..
- Pharmacokinetics of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitorsC Hiemke
Department of Psychiatry, University of Mainz, Germany
Pharmacol Ther 85:11-28. 2000The five selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), fluoxetine, fluvoxamine, paroxetine, sertraline, and citalopram, have similar antidepressant efficacy and a similar side effect profile...
- Morning light treatment hastens the antidepressant effect of citalopram: a placebo-controlled trialFrancesco Benedetti
Universita Vita Salute San Raffaele, School of Medicine, Department of Neuropsychiatric Sciences, Milano, Italy
J Clin Psychiatry 64:648-53. 2003..The purpose of the present study was to evaluate the effect of morning light therapy or placebo combined with citalopram in the treatment of patients affected by a major depressive episode without psychotic features.
- Perinatal citalopram exposure selectively increases locus ceruleus circuit function in male ratsRyan D Darling
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomical Sciences, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, Mississippi 39216, USA
J Neurosci 31:16709-15. 2011Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), such as citalopram (CTM), have been widely prescribed for major depressive disorder, not only for adult populations, but also for children and pregnant mothers...
- Action controls dopaminergic enhancement of reward representationsMarc Guitart-Masip
Wellcome Trust Centre for Neuroimaging, Institute of Neurology, University College London, London WC1N 3BG, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:7511-6. 2012..These findings highlight a key role for dopamine in the generation of appetitively motivated actions...
- The SSRI citalopram affects fetal thalamic axon responsiveness to netrin-1 in vitro independently of SERT antagonismAlexandre Bonnin
Zilkha Neurogenetic Institute and Department of Cell and Neurobiology, Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 37:1879-84. 2012..Surprisingly, we observed that two high-affinity SSRIs, racemic citalopram ((RS)-CIT) and paroxetine, affect the outgrowth of embryonic thalamic axons, but differ with respect to their ..
- Central glucocorticoid receptor-mediated effects of the antidepressant, citalopram, in humans: a study using EEG and cognitive testingCarmine M Pariante
Department of Psychological Medicine, Section of Perinatal Psychiatry and Stress, Psychiatry and Immunology Laboratory SPI Lab, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, UK
Psychoneuroendocrinology 37:618-28. 2012..In this study, the effects of four days of treatment with the antidepressant, citalopram (20 mg/day), or placebo, were assessed in a double-blind, placebo-controlled, cross-over study...
- Omega-3 fatty acid augmentation of citalopram treatment for patients with major depressive disorderLev Gertsik
California Clinical Trials Medical Group, Glendale, CA 91206, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 32:61-4. 2012The objective of this study was to explore the efficacy of combination therapy with citalopram plus omega-3 fatty acids versus citalopram plus placebo (olive oil) in the initial treatment of individuals with major depressive disorder (MDD)..
- Effect of age at onset on the course of major depressive disorderSidney Zisook
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Diego, CA 92093, USA
Am J Psychiatry 164:1539-46. 2007..This report assesses whether age at onset defines a specific subgroup of major depressive disorder in 4,041 participants who entered the Sequenced Treatment Alternatives to Relieve Depression (STAR*D) study...
- Antinociceptive effects of the antidepressants amitriptyline, duloxetine, mirtazapine and citalopram in animal models of acute, persistent and neuropathic painSigne F Bomholt
Department of Pharmacology, Neurosearch A S, 93 Pederstrupvej, DK 2750, Ballerup, Denmark
Neuropharmacology 48:252-63. 2005..affect extracellular noradrenaline and serotonin levels) and the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) citalopram were compared in rat models of experimental pain. None of the drugs (all 3-30 mg/kg, i.p...
- Short-term antidepressant treatment modulates amygdala response to happy facesRay Norbury
Psychopharmacology Research Unit PPRU, Department of Psychiatry, University of Oxford, Warneford Hospital, Neurosciences Building, Headington, Oxford, OX3 7JX, UK
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 206:197-204. 2009..These early effects of antidepressants may be an important component in the therapeutic effects of antidepressant treatment in patients with depression and anxiety...
- Difference in treatment outcome in outpatients with anxious versus nonanxious depression: a STAR*D reportMaurizio Fava
Depression Clinical and Research Program, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Am J Psychiatry 165:342-51. 2008..The authors conducted a secondary data analysis to compare antidepressant treatment outcomes for patients with anxious and nonanxious major depression in Levels 1 and 2 of the STAR*D study...
- Diminished neural processing of aversive and rewarding stimuli during selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor treatmentCiara McCabe
Department of Psychiatry, Warneford Hospital, University of Oxford, Oxford OX3 7JX, United Kingdom
Biol Psychiatry 67:439-45. 2010..There are few studies of the effect of SSRIs on neural reward mechanisms in humans...
- A proton MRSI study of brain N-acetylaspartate level after 12 weeks of citalopram treatment in drug-naive patients with obsessive-compulsive disorderJoon Hwan Jang
Department of Psychiatry, Seoul National University College of Medicine, 28 Yeongon dong, Chongno Gu, Seoul, Korea
Am J Psychiatry 163:1202-7. 2006..The authors used proton magnetic resonance spectroscopic imaging ((1)H-MRSI) to investigate regional N-acetylaspartate level abnormalities and changes after 12 weeks of pharmacotherapy with citalopram in drug-naive OCD patients.
- Comparison of desipramine and citalopram treatments for depression in Parkinson's disease: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled studyDavid Devos
Department of Neurology, IFR114, Institute of Predictive Medicine and Therapeutic Research, Lille University Hospital, Lille, France
Mov Disord 23:850-7. 2008..and 30 days) of two antidepressants (desipramine, a predominantly noradrenergic reuptake inhibitor tricyclic and citalopram, a SSRI) was assessed in a double-blind, randomized, placebo- controlled study of 48 nondemented PD patients ..
- Association of GRIK4 with outcome of antidepressant treatment in the STAR*D cohortSilvia Paddock
Genetic Basis of Mood and Anxiety Disorders, Mood and Anxiety Program, NIMH, NIH, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, MD, USA
Am J Psychiatry 164:1181-8. 2007..STAR*D) clinical trial reported an association between genetic variation in the HTR2A gene and outcome of citalopram treatment...
- Cerebral blood flow changes after treatment of social phobia with the neurokinin-1 antagonist GR205171, citalopram, or placeboTomas Furmark
Department of Psychology, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Biol Psychiatry 58:132-42. 2005..This study compared the effects of an NK1 receptor antagonist, citalopram, and placebo on brain activity and anxiety symptoms in social phobia.
- Acute SSRI administration affects the processing of social cues in healthy volunteersC J Harmer
University Department of Psychiatry, Warneord Hospital, Oxford, UK
Neuropsychopharmacology 28:148-52. 2003..study investigated the effects of acute administration of the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSR1), citalopram (10 mg, i.v.) upon a measure of emotional processing in healthy female volunteers...
- Pharmacologically diverse antidepressants rapidly activate brain-derived neurotrophic factor receptor TrkB and induce phospholipase-Cgamma signaling pathways in mouse brainTomi Rantamäki
Neuroscience Center, University of Helsinki, PO Box 56, 00014 Helsinki, Finland
Neuropsychopharmacology 32:2152-62. 2007..We also show that in the forced swim test, the behavioral effects of specific serotonergic antidepressant citalopram, but not those of the specific noradrenergic antidepressant reboxetine, are crucially dependent on TrkB ..
- Acute psychological effects of 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA, "Ecstasy") are attenuated by the serotonin uptake inhibitor citalopramM E Liechti
Psychiatric University Hospital Zürich Research Department, P O Box 68, CH 8029, Zurich, Switzerland
Neuropsychopharmacology 22:513-21. 2000..The effect of MDMA on 5-HT release can be blocked by 5-HT uptake inhibitors such as citalopram, suggesting that MDMA interacts with the 5-HT uptake site...
- Therapy of interferon-induced depression in chronic hepatitis C with citalopram: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled studyM R Kraus
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik II, Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Wurzburg University, Klinikstr 6 8, 97070 Wurzburg, Germany
Gut 57:531-6. 2008..Interferon-induced depression represents a major complication in antiviral treatment of chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection...
- Validation of [(123)I]beta-CIT SPECT to assess serotonin transporters in vivo in humans: a double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover study with the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor citalopramMaartje M L de Win
Department of Radiology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Neuropsychopharmacology 30:996-1005. 2005..A double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover design was used with the selective 5-HT reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) citalopram. Six male subjects underwent two [(123)I]beta-CIT SPECT sessions: one after pretreatment with citalopram and one ..
- White matter abnormalities in drug-naïve patients with obsessive-compulsive disorder: a diffusion tensor study before and after citalopram treatmentS Y Yoo
Department of Psychiatry, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Acta Psychiatr Scand 116:211-9. 2007..The aim was to investigate the white matter abnormalities of drug-naïve patients with obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) using diffusion tensor-imaging and the white matter changes in the patients after pharmacotherapy...
- Citalopram counteracts depressive-like symptoms evoked by chronic social stress in ratsRafal Rygula
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University of Gottingen, Germany
Behav Pharmacol 17:19-29. 2006..after the first week of stress, they were subjected to chronic (4 weeks) treatment with the antidepressant drug citalopram. The drug was administered via drinking water (30 mg/kg)...
- Metabolism of citalopram enantiomers in CYP2C19/CYP2D6 phenotyped panels of healthy SwedesKarin Herrlin
Division of Clinical Pharmacology at Department of Medicine Laboratory, Karolinska Institutet at Huddinge University Hospital, Huddinge, Sweden
Br J Clin Pharmacol 56:415-21. 2003To investigate pharmacokinetics of the enantiomers of citalopram (CT) and its metabolites desmethylcitalopram (DCT) and didesmethylcitalopram (DDCT) in Swedish healthy volunteers in relation to CYP2C19 and CYP2D6 geno- and phenotypes.
- Selective blockade of 5-hydroxytryptamine (5-HT)7 receptors enhances 5-HT transmission, antidepressant-like behavior, and rapid eye movement sleep suppression induced by citalopram in rodentsPascal Bonaventure
Johnson and Johnson Pharmaceutical Research and Development, L L C, 3210 Merryfield Row, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 321:690-8. 2007..should increase activity of 5-HT neurons and potentiate the effect of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (citalopram). In rats, administration of 3 mg/kg s.c. citalopram alone increased the extracellular concentration of 5-HT...
- A randomized, placebo-controlled trial of citalopram for the prevention of major depression during treatment for head and neck cancerWilliam M Lydiatt
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 1225, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 134:528-35. 2008To determine whether prophylactic treatment with the antidepressant citalopram hydrobromide, compared with placebo, could prevent major depressive disorder in patients undergoing therapy for head and neck cancer (HNC).
- Plasma levels of citalopram in depressed patients with hepatitis COndria C Gleason
Department of Psychiatry, University of Oklahoma College of Medicine Tulsa, 74135 2512, USA
Psychosomatics 45:29-33. 2004..This study assessed plasma levels of citalopram in 15 subjects with hepatitis C and major depression during an 8-week trial...
- Dissociable effects of noradrenaline, dopamine, and serotonin uptake blockade on stop task performance in ratsAndrea Bari
Department of Experimental Psychology and Behavioural and Clinical Neuroscience Institute, University of Cambridge, Downing Street, Cambridge CB23EB, UK
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 205:273-83. 2009..While there is relative consensus regarding the anatomical substrates of behavioral inhibition, the neurochemical imbalance responsible for the deficits in stopping displayed by impulsive individuals is still a matter of debate...
- Evaluation of the FDA warning against prescribing citalopram at doses exceeding 40 mgKara Zivin
Department of Veterans Affairs, National Serious Mental Illness Treatment Resource and Evaluation Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Am J Psychiatry 170:642-50. 2013A recent Food and Drug Administration (FDA) warning cautioned that citalopram dosages exceeding 40 mg/day may cause abnormal heart rhythms, including torsade de pointes...
- [(3)H] citalopram binding to serotonin transporter sites in minnow brainsGeorgianna G Gould
Department of Pharmacology, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 101:203-10. 2007..Homogenate binding with the radioligand [(3)H] citalopram indicated that golden shiner SERT has a K(D) of 7 +/- 3 nM and a B(max) of 226 +/- 46 fmol/mg protein...
- Differential prediction of first clinical response to serotonergic and noradrenergic antidepressants using the loudness dependence of auditory evoked potentials in patients with major depressive disorderGeorg Juckel
Department of Psychiatry, Ruhr University Bochum, Bochum, Germany
J Clin Psychiatry 68:1206-12. 2007..The aim of the current randomized prospective study was to investigate whether or not LDAEP also allows the differential prediction of treatment response to serotonergic versus noradrenergic antidepressants...
- Effects of chronic treatment with escitalopram or citalopram on extracellular 5-HT in the prefrontal cortex of rats: role of 5-HT1A receptorsI Ceglia
Department of Neuroscience, Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Via Eritrea 62, 20157 Milano, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 142:469-78. 20041 Microdialysis was used to study the acute and chronic effects of escitalopram (S-citalopram; ESCIT) and chronic citalopram (CIT), together with the 5-HT1A receptor antagonist WAY100,635 (N-[2-[methoxyphenyl)-1-piperazinyl]ethyl]-N-(2-..
- Resequencing of serotonin-related genes and association of tagging SNPs to citalopram responseEric J Peters
Department of Psychiatry and Institute for Human Genetics, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Pharmacogenet Genomics 19:1-10. 2009..iii) evaluating these tagging SNPs for association with response to the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor citalopram in an independent sample of participants who are enrolled in the Sequenced Treatment Alternatives to Relieve ..
- Ghrelin, paraoxonase and arylesterase levels in depressive patients before and after citalopram treatmentAbdullah Onder Barim
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Clinical Biochemistry Firat Hormone Research Group, Firat University, School of Medicine, Firat University Hospital, Elazig, 23119, Turkey
Clin Biochem 42:1076-81. 2009..was to examine alterations in lipid profiles and in the serum concentrations of acylated and desacylated ghrelin, paraoxonase and arylesterase in psychiatric patients before and after treatment with 40 mg citalopram daily for 3 months.
- Association of mu-opioid receptor variants and response to citalopram treatment in major depressive disorderHolly A Garriock
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0984, USA
Am J Psychiatry 167:565-73. 2010..endogenous opioid system in major depression and in the neurochemical action of antidepressants, the authors examined how DNA variation in the mu-opioid receptor gene may influence population variation in response to citalopram treatment.
- The effect of acute citalopram on face emotion processing in remitted depression: a pharmacoMRI studyIan M Anderson
Neuroscience and Psychiatry Unit, School of Community Based Medicine, Faculty of Medical and Human Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester, M13 9PT, UK
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 21:140-8. 2011..function magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) during a covert face emotion task with and without intravenous citalopram (7.5mg) pretreatment...
- Antidepressants act on glial cells: SSRIs and serotonin elicit astrocyte calcium signaling in the mouse prefrontal cortexCarola G Schipke
Department of Psychiatry, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Germany
J Psychiatr Res 45:242-8. 2011..imaged astrocytes in the medial prefrontal cortex of acute mouse brain slices after the application of the SSRIs citalopram and fluoxetine...
- Biochemical and behavioral effects of long-term citalopram administration and discontinuation in rats: role of serotonin synthesisFokko J Bosker
University Centre of Psychiatry, University Medical Centre Groningen, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
Neurochem Int 57:948-57. 2010..These combined effects may compromise the efficacy of an SSRI therapy and facilitate behavioral changes following non-compliance...
- Methylphenidate but not atomoxetine or citalopram modulates inhibitory control and response time variabilityL Sanjay Nandam
University of Queensland, Queensland Brain Institute and School of Psychology, Brisbane, Australia
Biol Psychiatry 69:902-4. 2011..Response inhibition is a prototypical executive function of considerable clinical relevance to psychiatry. Nevertheless, our understanding of its pharmacological modulation remains incomplete...
- A single dose of the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor citalopram exacerbates anxiety in humans: a fear-potentiated startle studyChristian Grillon
Mood and Anxiety Disorders Program, National Institute of Mental Health, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892 2670, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 32:225-31. 2007..The present study examined whether acute citalopram increased fear-potentiated startle to predictable and/or unpredictable shocks in healthy subjects...
- abcb1ab P-glycoprotein is involved in the uptake of citalopram and trimipramine into the brain of miceManfred Uhr
Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Kraepelinstrasse 10, D 80804, Munich, Germany
J Psychiatr Res 37:179-85. 2003..In the present study, we have examined the uptake of the antidepressants citalopram and trimipramine into the brain of abcb1ab knockout mice compared with controls. One hour after s.c...
- 5-HT2A receptors in the orbitofrontal cortex facilitate reversal learning and contribute to the beneficial cognitive effects of chronic citalopram treatment in ratsAshley Furr
Department of Pharmacology, Center for Biomedical Neuroscience, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX, USA
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 15:1295-305. 2012..were exposed to 5 wk CIC stress, which compromised reversal learning, and treated chronically with the SSRI, citalopram (20 mg/kg.d) during the final 3 wk of chronic stress...
- Impact of evergreening on patients and health insurance: a meta analysis and reimbursement cost analysis of citalopram/escitalopram antidepressantsAli A Alkhafaji
Centre d Epidemiologie Clinique, Hopital Hotel Dieu, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, 1 Place du Parvis Notre Dame, Paris, 75004, France
BMC Med 10:142. 2012..We aimed to evaluate the impact of evergreening through the case study of the antidepressant citalopram and its chiral switch form escitalopram by evaluating treatment efficacy and acceptability for patients, as well ..
- MRP1 polymorphisms associated with citalopram response in patients with major depressionSung Hee Lee
Department of Pharmacology and Brain Korea 21 Project for Medical Sciences, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Clin Psychopharmacol 30:116-25. 2010..the association between genetic variations in MRP1/ABCC1 and the therapeutic response to the antidepressant citalopram. One hundred and twenty-three patients who had been treated with citalopram monotherapy to control their major ..
- Area-specific modulation of neural activation comparing escitalopram and citalopram revealed by pharmaco-fMRI: a randomized cross-over studyChristian Windischberger
MR Center of Excellence, Center for Biomedical Engineering and Physics, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Neuroimage 49:1161-70. 2010..study was to investigate differences in BOLD-signal caused by administration of the SSRIs escitalopram and citalopram using pharmacological functional magnetic resonance imaging (pharmaco-fMRI)...
- Genome-wide pharmacogenomic study of citalopram-induced side effects in STAR*DD E Adkins
Center for Biomarker Research and Personalized Medicine, Virginia Commonwealth University, School of Pharmacy, Richmond, VA 23298 0581, USA
Transl Psychiatry 2:e129. 2012..we perform genome-wide association studies (GWAS) to identify genetic variation influencing susceptibility to citalopram-induced side effects...
- Gene expression biomarkers of response to citalopram treatment in major depressive disorderF Mamdani
McGill Group for Suicide Studies and Depressive Disorders Program, Douglas Mental Health University Institute, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Transl Psychiatry 1:e13. 2011..individuals with MDD (N=63) ascertained at a community outpatient clinic, pre and post 8-week treatment with citalopram, and used a regression model to assess the impact of gene expression differences on antidepressant response...
- Mutational mapping and modeling of the binding site for (S)-citalopram in the human serotonin transporterJacob Andersen
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, University of Copenhagen, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
J Biol Chem 285:2051-63. 2010..SERT is the target for widely used antidepressant drugs, including imipramine, fluoxetine, and (S)-citalopram, which are competitive inhibitors of the transport function...
- Effect of citalopram in the modified forced swim test in ratsMaciej Kusmider
Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Pharmacology, Polish Academy of Sciences, Smetna 12, Pl 31 343 Krakow, Poland
Pharmacol Rep 59:785-8. 2007The present study examined the effect of citalopram (7.5 and 15 mg/kg) in the modified forced swim test (FST) in Wistar rats, in comparison to the effect of desipramine at the same doses...
- Organic hypomania secondary to sibutramine-citalopram interactionFranco Benazzi
J Clin Psychiatry 63:165. 2002
- Changes in the generation of reactive oxygen species and in mitochondrial membrane potential during apoptosis induced by the antidepressants imipramine, clomipramine, and citalopram and the effects on these changes by Bcl-2 and Bcl-X(L)Z Xia
Unit for Biochemical Toxicology, Department of Biochemistry, Stockholm University, S 106 91, Stockholm, Sweden
Biochem Pharmacol 57:1199-208. 1999..mechanism of the antineoplastic effects exerted by the antidepressive agents imipramine, clomipramine, and citalopram, we examined the effects of these compounds on cell viability, generation of reactive oxygen species (ROS), and ..
- Escitalopram dose-response revisited: an alternative psychometric approach to evaluate clinical effects of escitalopram compared to citalopram and placebo in patients with major depressionPer Bech
Psychiatric Research Unit, Frederiksborg General Hospital, Denmark
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 7:283-90. 2004In continuation of a previous psychometric analysis of dose-response data for citalopram in depression, the corresponding study data for escitalopram is of interest, since escitalopram is the active enantiomer of citalopram and because ..
- Citalopram overdose: late presentation of torsades de pointes (TdP) with cardiac arrestAsim F Tarabar
Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
J Med Toxicol 4:101-5. 2008b>Citalopram overdose may produce bradycardia, QT prolongation, and torsades de pointes (TdP). A cardiotoxic metabolite may be responsible for the delayed onset of cardiotoxicity...
- Response to a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (citalopram) in major depressive disorder with melancholic features: a STAR*D reportPatrick J McGrath
Department of Psychiatry, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University and New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 69:1847-55. 2008....
- Rapid determination of citalopram in human plasma by high-performance liquid chromatographyJ Macek
Pharmakl s r o, Prague, Czech Republic
J Chromatogr B Biomed Sci Appl 755:279-85. 2001A rapid high-performance liquid chromatographic method for the quantitation of citalopram in human plasma is presented...
- ABCB1 gene polymorphisms are associated with the severity of major depressive disorder and its response to escitalopram treatmentKeh Ming Lin
Division of Mental Health and Addiction Medicine, Institute of Population Health Sciences, National Health Research Institutes, Zhunan, Miaoli County, Taiwan
Pharmacogenet Genomics 21:163-70. 2011..In this study, we tested whether genetic polymorphisms within the ABCB1 gene are associated with the severity of depression and the effectiveness of the antidepressant, escitalopram (S-CIT), in treating major depressive disorder (MDD)...
- Serotonergic involvement in the psychosocial dimension of personalityW S Tse
Section of Clinical Psychopharmacology, Division of Psychological Medicine, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, UK
J Psychopharmacol 15:195-8. 2001..Twenty healthy male volunteers were randomly allocated to either placebo (n = 9) or citalopram treatment (n = 11) for 2 weeks...
- Prolonged QTc interval and torsades de pointes induced by citalopramAnand Deshmukh
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, The Cardiac Center of Creighton University, Omaha, Nebraska 68131, USA
Tex Heart Inst J 39:68-70. 2012b>Citalopram is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor with a favorable cardiac-safety profile...
- Acute hormonal changes after IV citalopram and treatment response in OCDFábio M Corregiari
Ambulatório de Ansiedade, Instituto de Psiquiatria do Hospital das Clínicas da Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Brasil
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 193:487-94. 2007..Serotonergic pharmacological challenges have failed to produce consensual results in patients with obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), suggesting a heterogeneous 5-hydroxytryptamine (5-HT) activity in this disorder...
- Antidepressant therapy (imipramine and citalopram) for irritable bowel syndrome: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trialNicholas J Talley
Department of Medicine, Nepean Hospital, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Dig Dis Sci 53:108-15. 2008..No trials have directly compared a tricyclic with a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor. Our aim was to determine whether imipramine and citalopram are efficacious in IBS.
- Citalopram use in pregnancy: prospective comparative evaluation of pregnancy and fetal outcomeAnna Sivojelezova
The Motherisk Program, Division of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, The Hospital for Sick Children, Ontario, Canada
Am J Obstet Gynecol 193:2004-9. 2005b>Citalopram is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor indicated for depression. The safety of this medication in pregnancy has not been fully established...
- Effect of acute and chronic administration of citalopram on glutamate and aspartate release in the rat prefrontal cortexK Gołembiowska
Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Pharacology, Polish Academy of Sciences, Krakow
Pol J Pharmacol 52:441-8. 2000..was designed to determine whether peripheral administration of the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) citalopram influenced glutamate and aspartate release in the rat prefrontal cortex using in vivo microdialysis...
- Rat behavior after chronic variable stress and partial lesioning of 5-HT-ergic neurotransmission: effects of citalopramMargus Tõnissaar
Department of Psychology, Center of Behavioral and Health Sciences, University of Tartu, Tiigi 78, EE 50410 Tartu, Estonia
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 32:164-77. 2008..This study examined the effect of chronic citalopram treatment (10 mg/kg daily) on these changes...
- Low-dose citalopram as a 5-HT neuroendocrine probeM J Attenburrow
University Department of Psychiatry, Warneford Hospital, Oxford, UK
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 155:323-6. 2001RATIONALE: Intravenous administration of the selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitor, citalopram (20 mg), is known to increase plasma prolactin (PRL) and cortisol in human subjects...
- Pharmacogenomic evaluation of the antidepressant citalopram in the mouse tail suspension testJames J Crowley
Department of Pharmacology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 31:2433-42. 2006..the BALB/cJ inbred mouse strain as highly responsive to the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) citalopram in the tail suspension test (TST), a widely used and well-established screening paradigm for detecting compounds ..
- Efficacy and safety of escitalopram versus citalopram in major depressive disorder: a 6-week, multicenter, randomized, double-blind, flexible-dose studyJian Jun Ou
Mental Health Institute of the Second Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan, China
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 213:639-46. 2011S-citalopram (escitalopram) is the very active moiety of citalopram. It has been shown in many studies to be an effective and safe antidepressant for treating major depressive disorder (MDD).
- Interaction between serotonin transporter gene variants and life events predicts response to antidepressants in the GENDEP projectR Keers
MRC SGDP, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, UK
Pharmacogenomics J 11:138-45. 2011..Gene-environment interactions including life events may therefore be important not only in the aetiology of depression, but also in predicting response to antidepressant medication...
- Chronic citalopram administration causes a sustained suppression of serotonin synthesis in the mouse forebrainGerard Honig
Neuroscience Graduate Program, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
PLoS ONE 4:e6797. 2009..Here, we describe effects of chronic administration of the SSRI citalopram (CIT) on 5-HT synthesis and content in the mouse forebrain.
- Do atypical features affect outcome in depressed outpatients treated with citalopram?Jonathan W Stewart
New York State Psychiatric Institute and Department of Psychiatry, The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 13:15-30. 2010..to determine whether depressed outpatients with and without atypical features respond differently to the SSRI citalopram. Treatment-seeking participants with non-psychotic major depressive disorder were recruited from primary- and ..
- Increased brain GABA concentrations following acute administration of a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitorZubin Bhagwagar
University Department of Psychiatry, Warneford Hospital, Oxford, UK
Am J Psychiatry 161:368-70. 2004The authors used magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS) to assess the effect of acute administration of the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) citalopram on cortical levels of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA).
- Use of citalopram in pervasive developmental disordersLisa B Namerow
Department of Psychiatry, Hartford Hospital, University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Hartford, Connecticut 06106, USA
J Dev Behav Pediatr 24:104-8. 2003This study assessed the effectiveness and tolerability of the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor citalopram in the treatment of patients with pervasive developmental disorders (PDDs)...
- Moderation of antidepressant response by the serotonin transporter genePatricia Huezo-Diaz
Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, UK
Br J Psychiatry 195:30-8. 2009..We hypothesised that the pharmacogenetic effect of 5-HTTLPR is modulated by gender, age and other variants in the serotonin transporter gene...
- Citalopram provides little or no benefit in nondepressed patients with irritable bowel syndromeUri Ladabaum
Division of Gastroenterology, University of California, San Francisco, California Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 8:42-48.e1. 2010..We assessed the benefit of citalopram and explored the relationships between symptoms, quality of life (QOL), and rectal sensitivity to barostat ..
- Location of the antidepressant binding site in the serotonin transporter: importance of Ser-438 in recognition of citalopram and tricyclic antidepressantsJacob Andersen
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, University of Copenhagen, DK 2100 Copenhagen, BioCentrum DTU, Technical University of Denmark
J Biol Chem 284:10276-84. 2009..determinant for the potency of several antidepressants, including the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor citalopram and the tricyclic antidepressants imipramine, clomipramine, and amitriptyline...
- Use of the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor citalopram in treatment of trichotillomaniaD J Stein
Department of Psychiatry, University of Stellenbosch, Tygerberg, South Africa
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 247:234-6. 1997..Furthermore, the efficacy of citalopram, the most selective of the SSRIs, in trichotillomania has not previously been documented...
- Escitalopram (S-enantiomer of citalopram): clinical efficacy and onset of action predicted from a rat modelS A Montgomery
Imperial College London, United Kingdom
Pharmacol Toxicol 88:282-6. 2001Escitalopram is the active S-enantiomer of citalopram. In a chronic mild stress model of depression in rats, treatments with both escitalopram and citalopram were effective; however, a faster time to onset of efficacy compared to vehicle ..
- Escitalopram therapy for major depression and anxiety disordersDavid S Baldwin
Clinical Neuroscience Division, University Department of Mental Health, Royal South Hants Hospital, Southampton, England
Ann Pharmacother 41:1583-92. 2007..Randomized controlled clinical trials have demonstrated that escitalopram is efficacious in a range of mood and anxiety disorders, but the individual trials are insufficiently large to allow a full exploration of its tolerability...
- Lack of efficacy of citalopram in children with autism spectrum disorders and high levels of repetitive behavior: citalopram ineffective in children with autismBryan H King
Seattle Children s Hospital, University of Washington, 4800 Sand Point Way NE, Seattle, WA 98105, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 66:583-90. 2009..Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors are widely prescribed for children with autism spectrum disorders...
- Placebo Effects in the Treatment of Depression: Cognitive and Neural MechanismsBret R Rutherford; Fiscal Year: 2013..low expectancy conditions. The high expectancy condition will be open administration of citalopram (i.e...
- Predictors of Treatment Response Relapse and Recurrence in Major DepressionW Edward Craighead; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Pilot Combination Treatment Trial of Mild Cognitive Impairment with DepressionDavangere P Devanand; Fiscal Year: 2013..In a second pilot study, open label es-citalopram plus memantine treatment led to a low rate of conversion to dementia...
- Biomarkers for Outcomes In Late-life Depression (BOLD)Ian A Cook; Fiscal Year: 2010..This project examines a neurophysiologic biomarker that has been tested in adults but not in depressed elders, particularly Hispanic elders, two groups that will grow dramatically in the next decades. ..
- Glutamatergic Mediators of Antidepressant Response in Major DepressionBrian P Brennan; Fiscal Year: 2013..of glutamate and glutamine in depressed patients with major depressive disorder (MDD) following treatment with citalopram while simultaneously assessing depressive symptoms as measured by the 21-item Hamilton Depression Rating Scale (..
- Medications and the Risk of Sudden Cardiac DeathWayne A Ray; Fiscal Year: 2013..studies and case reports of torsade de pointes suggest four specific widely used antidepressants--fluoxetine, citalopram, escitalopram, and trazodone--may increase risk of sudden cardiac death...
- Antidepressant Therapy for Functional DyspepsiaYURI ANN SAITO LOFTUS; Fiscal Year: 2011..abstract_text> ..
- Novel Treatment Strategies for Constipation and Role of Brain-Gut axisSATISH SC RAO; Fiscal Year: 2011..These studies aim to define the mechanisms of, and evaluate new therapies for dyssynergia, rectal hyposensitivity and rectal hypersensitivity, and could significantly impact constipation treatments. ..
- Serotonin and the Modulation of Brain DevelopmentJay A Gingrich; Fiscal Year: 2012..SERT mice are recapitulated by early life exposure to SERT-blocking agents such as fluoxetine, clomipramine, and citalopram. These findings indicate a critical role of serotonin in the maturation of brain systems that modulate emotional ..
- Geriatric Depression: PET Studies of Pathophysiology and Treatment ResponseGwenn S Smith; Fiscal Year: 2013..data, to investigate serotonin transporter (SERT) occupancy by a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI, citalopram) and beta-amyloid deposition...
- Antidepressant Treatment at an Inner City Asthma ClinicE Sherwood Brown; Fiscal Year: 2013..Pilot data were collected looking at the efficacy of citalopram versus placebo in outpatients with major depressive disorder and asthma...
- Peripheral Biomarkers in Major DepressionEtienne L Sibille; Fiscal Year: 2012..To optimize our probability of success, we will assess patients with MDD and co-occurring anxiety receiving citalopram treatment and psychotherapy (to augment AD compliance)...
- Citalopram Effects on Craving and Dopamine Receptor Availability in AlcoholicsTodd Zorick; Fiscal Year: 2013..healthy control subjects) for a double-blinded, placebo- controlled, within-subjects, outpatient study with iv citalopram (40 mg and saline, in counter-balanced order) and [18F]fallypride PET scanning...
- Citalopram Treatment for Agitation in Alzheimer DementiaConstantine G Lyketsos; Fiscal Year: 2012..and on preliminary clinical data from a single-site, randomized, placebo-controlled trial (RCT) in which citalopram was superior to perphenazine and placebo...
- CITALOPRAM DECREASES CSF AB: A RANDOMIZED DOSE FINDING TRIALYvette I Sheline; Fiscal Year: 2013..Furthermore, chronic treatment with an SSRI, citalopram, for 4 months significantly reduced hippocampal and cortical plaque burden by 42.3% and 50.7%, respectively...
- Photoprobes for identifying potential anti-depressant and anti-anxiety medicationDAVID JOHN LAPINSKY; Fiscal Year: 2013..The objective of this application is to develop and utilize photoaffinity probes based on citalopram and fluoxetine, clinically significant compounds for treating depression and other mental illnesses, to map ..
- Citalopram in First Episode SchizophreniaDonald C Goff; Fiscal Year: 2013..in 100 first episode schizophrenia patients, a placebo-controlled, parallel-group, twelve month trial of citalopram added to risperidone treatment plus a psychoeducation protocol designed to enhance compliance and retention...
- 2/4-Optimizing Treatment of Complicated GriefNaomi M Simon; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will explore mediator and moderator hypotheses to answer questions about how these treatments work and who might benefit most from each approach. Answers to these questions have important public health significance. ..
- 1/4-Optimizing Treatment for Complicated GriefM Katherine Shear; Fiscal Year: 2012..We will explore mediator and moderator hypotheses to answer questions about how these treatments work and who might benefit most from each approach. Answers to these questions have important public health significance. ..
- 4/4-Optimizing Treatment of Complicated GriefSidney Zisook; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will explore mediator and moderator hypotheses to answer questions about how these treatments work and who might benefit most from each approach. Answers to these questions have important public health significance. ..
- Feasibility Study To Prevent Post-ICU DepressionCraig R Weinert; Fiscal Year: 2010..The interdisciplinary research team includes a critical care clinician and researcher, psychiatrist, bioethicist, research subject advocate and a clinical trialist. ..
- Regulation of response to chronic antidepressant treatment by MeCP2ANNE ELIZABETH WEST; Fiscal Year: 2013..of drugs that enhance serotonin and dopamine neurotransmission in the CNS, including the antidepressant citalopram, induces phosphorylation of MeCP2 at Ser421 (pMeCP2) in selected CNS neurons...
- Neurobiology and Adverse Outcomes of Neuroticism in Late-life DepressionDavid C Steffens; Fiscal Year: 2013..patients will receive standardized treatment for up to 24 weeks with a standardized two-step intervention using citalopram followed by either bupropion augmentation or desvenlafaxine...
- Improving Psychiatric Interventions at the End of LifeScott A Irwin; Fiscal Year: 2012..b>citalopram monotherapy was conducted to assess both: 1) the comparative efficacy and onset of action, and 2) the ..
- Efficacy of an SSRI for Menopausal Symptoms in Perimenopausal WomenEllen W Freeman; Fiscal Year: 2012..Information about responses to a serotonergic treatment may increase understanding of associations between hot flashes and the serotonergic system. ..
- Behavioral Insomnia Therapy for those with Insomnia and DepressionColleen E Carney; Fiscal Year: 2012..The resultant public health benefits from the proposed study include improved sleep, mood, well-being, and corollary medical and psychiatric conditions for depressed patients with insomnia. ..
- Predictors of Antidepressant Treatment Response: The Emory CIDARHelen S Mayberg; Fiscal Year: 2010..Delineation of patient characteristics that predict treatment response to a specific treatment modality will dramatically improve patient outcomes and reduce the risk of inadequate treatment. ..
- Biological Predictors of Response to AntidepressantsRamin V Parsey; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our overall goal is to reduce the trial and error associated with finding an effective antidepressant by using data from pre-treatment quantification of 5-HT1A receptors and 5-HTT to guide antidepressant treatment selection. ..
- Methylphenidate Use to Improve Outcomes in Geriatric DepressionHelen Lavretsky; Fiscal Year: 2012..We hypothesized that the addition of methylphenidate (MPH) to the serotonergic drug, citalopram, may result in better clinical outcomes of the affective and cognitive symptoms of late life depression...
- Biosignatures of Treatment Remission in Major DepressionMyrna M Weissman; Fiscal Year: 2013..Data and biological materials collected in this project would become part of a repository, open to qualified individuals for additional analysis. ..
- Brain aging and treatment response in geriatric depressionHelen Lavretsky; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our study will provide unique information on the use of memantine in geriatric depression, and will investigate the underlying mechanism of treatment response, and subgroups with preferential treatment to memantine. ..
- SSRIs and Self-harm in Borderline Personality DisorderMichael S McCloskey; Fiscal Year: 2013..At the conclusion of the eight-week randomized trial, all participants will receive eight weeks of escitalopram administered single-blind, with continued EMA and other assessment. ..
- Symptom Management Trial in Cancer SurvivorsWilliam F Pirl; Fiscal Year: 2010..Secondary goals include evaluating tolerability and investigating moderators of treatment response. ..
- CITALOPRAM DECREASES AMYLOID-B SYNTHESIS IN HUMAN CSFYvette I Sheline; Fiscal Year: 2012..We now have data demonstrating that prospective treatment with 16 weeks of citalopram significantly reduced plaque burden in AD mice...
- 3/3-Efficacy and Tolerability of Riluzole in Treatment-Resistant DepressionMaurizio Fava; Fiscal Year: 2013..design, evaluates the efficacy and safety of riluzole augmentation of the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor citalopram in outpatients ages 18-65 with moderate TRD...
- Gestational Age Variation in Human Placental Transport MechanismsSammanda Ramamoorthy; Fiscal Year: 2013..This translational research will promote more informed decisions regarding fetal risk from psychoactive drug use during pregnancy. ..
- Personalizing First-Line Treatment for Depression Complicated by Panic FeaturesJill M Cyranowski; Fiscal Year: 2010..disorder who also endorse significant symptoms of co-occurring anxiety to receive medication treatment (citalopram) combined with either: (a) IPT-PS, an intervention explicitly developed to address co-occurring anxiety symptoms ..
- Establishing Moderators/Biosignatures of Antidepressant Response- Clinical CareMadhukar H Trivedi; Fiscal Year: 2013..We propose a comparative effectiveness trial of three mechanistically distinct treatments for MDD (citalopram, bupropion, and cognitive behavioral therapy) in which we will assess a comprehensive array of carefully ..
- fMRI STUDIES OF EMOTIONAL CIRCUITRY IN DEPRESSIONCHARLES RICHARD CONWAY; Fiscal Year: 2012..Brain activity will be compared before and after treatment for these tasks in both CBT and antidepressant medication. This will add to our understanding of treatment mechanisms for major depression. ..
- Characterization of a Novel 5-HT1A Receptor Agonist PET LigandMATE ISTVAN MILAK; Fiscal Year: 2010..be sensitive to changes in brain intra-synaptic 5-HT levels in baboon and human (by tryptophan depletion and iv citalopram administration)...
- Neurobiological Mechanisms of Treatment Response in Geriatric DepressionHelen Lavretsky; Fiscal Year: 2013..dopaminergic neurotransmission in the context of the clinical trial of methylphenidate (MPH) augmentation of citalopram to enhance clinical and cognitive outcomes in 16 subjects with geriatric depression...
- Behavioral ERP and EEG Asymmetry in Affective DisordersGerard E Bruder; Fiscal Year: 2012..This research could translate into development of clinical aides for selecting treatments for individual depressed patients. ..
- Neurobiological Bases of Placebo Response in Major Depressive DisorderCristina Cusin; Fiscal Year: 2013..The understanding of the neurobiological bases of placebo effect, and how to modulate it, would potentially lead to the development of new treatments for depression and profoundly modify the conduct of clinical trials. ..
- Modafinil and Escitalopram for Cocaine AddictionRichard De La Garza; Fiscal Year: 2010..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: In this application, we will evaluate the effects of modafinil combined with escitalopram on the subjective and reinforcing effects produced by smoked cocaine in the laboratory. ..
- Anxiolytic Property of Atypical AntipsychoticsMing Li; Fiscal Year: 2009..effects of repeated haloperidol (typical), risperidone, olanzapine (atypical), chlordiazepoxide (anxiolytic), citalopram (antidepressant with anxiolytic property) treatment on the acquisition of various conditioned fear responses and ..
- White matter and emotional and cognitive control in late-onset depressionFaith M Gunning; Fiscal Year: 2013..In addition, the identification of structural and functional impairments of LOD can aid the development of clinical instruments and targeted interventions. ..
- Metabolomics Network for Drug Response PhenotypeRIMA F KADDURAH DAOUK; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed effort to join Metabolomics and Pharmacogenomics represents an ideal example of "Integrative and Collaborative Approaches to Research". ..
- Combining Antidepressants to Hasten Remission from DepressionPierre Blier; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Behavioral mechanisms of antipsychotic actionMing Li; Fiscal Year: 2013..g. chlordiazepoxide, fluoxetine, and citalopram), the reliability of data and the specificity of drug action will be greatly enhanced...
- Time-Frequency Measures for Predicting Response to AntidepressantsCraig E Tenke; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Lipid raft localization of Gs: a biomarker for depression and therapeutic responsMark M Rasenick; Fiscal Year: 2013..The cells to be examined are lymphoblasts generated from depressed subjects who responded, or did not respond to citalopram (many from the STAR*D study)...
- Functional Neuroimaging of Psychopharmacologic Intervention for AutismGabriel S Dichter; Fiscal Year: 2012..between neurocognitive processes mediating symptom expression and domain-specific symptom reductions induced by citalopram in high-functioning adults with autism...
- Cognitive Affective and Neurochemical Processes Underlying IS in AutismJohn A Sweeney; Fiscal Year: 2011..Thus, the aim of Project 2 is to develop an integrated, mechanistic understanding of IS from the behavioral to the neurophysiological to the biochemical level. ..
- Tai Chi Chih: Complementary Use to Achieve Remission in Geriatric DepressionHelen Lavretsky; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- SEROTONERGIC PHARMACOTHERAPY FOR AGITATION OF DEMENTIABruce Pollock; Fiscal Year: 1999..double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of the most selective and highly potent serotonin reuptake inhibitor (citalopram) and standard neuroleptic pharmacotherapy (perphenazine) will be conducted in 112 DAT inpatients...
- TREATMENT OF SSRI RESISTANT DEPRESSION IN ADOLESCENTSKaren Wagner; Fiscal Year: 2006..e., fluoxetine, citalopram, escitalopram, sertraline)...
- Antidepressant Augmentation of Late Life SchizophreniaJohn Kasckow; Fiscal Year: 2005..This study will evaluate the efficacy and safety of antidepressant (citalopram) versus placebo augmentation of atypical antipsychotics to treat subsyndromal, residual depressive symptoms in ..
- Development of Pharmaco fMRI Challenge in Healthy Control and Aggressive SubjectsEMIL FRANK COCCA; Fiscal Year: 2010In this R21 application, we propose to develop S-Citalopram (S-CIT) as a Psychopharmacologic Challenge (PPC) agent used in conjunction with the fMRI examination of social-emotional processing...
- Vascular depression: A distinct diagnostic entity?Joel Sneed; Fiscal Year: 2009..It specifically focuses on African American older adults, who have especially high rates of hypertension and may be particularly prone to vascular depression. ..
- Depression and Brain MetabolismDan Iosifescu; Fiscal Year: 2007..component of this proposal involves an open, acute and prospective follow-up of subjects with MDD treated with citalopram. Several studies utilizing phosphorus-31 magnetic resonance spectroscopy (P31-MRS) have shown that subjects with ..
- TREATMENT OF SSRI-RESISTANT DEPRESSION IN ADOLESCENTSMartin Keller; Fiscal Year: 2006..e., fluoxetine, citalopram, escitalopram, sertraline)...
- Treatment of Resistant Depression in Adolescents 2Gregory Clarke; Fiscal Year: 2006..e., fluoxetine, citalopram, escitalopram, sertraline)...
- TREATMENT OF SSRI-RESISTANT DEPRESSION IN ADOLESCENTSJoan Asarnow; Fiscal Year: 2006..e., fluoxetine, citalopram, escitalopram, sertraline)...