Genomes and Genes
Summary: Organic compounds containing the -CN radical. The concept is distinguished from CYANIDES, which denotes inorganic salts of HYDROGEN CYANIDE.
Publications391 found, 100 shown here
- The incretin system: glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor agonists and dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitors in type 2 diabetesDaniel J Drucker
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Lancet 368:1696-705. 2006..However, long-term clinical studies are needed to determine the benefits of targeting the incretin axis for the treatment of type 2 diabetes...
- Pyrethroid tolerance is associated with elevated expression of antioxidants and agricultural practice in Anopheles arabiensis sampled from an area of cotton fields in Northern CameroonPie Müller
Vector Group, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, Pembroke Place, Liverpool L3 5QA, UK
Mol Ecol 17:1145-55. 2008..These genes may constitute an important general defence mechanism against insecticides. Intriguingly, the levels of expression of these genes were strongly correlated suggesting a common regulatory mechanism...
- Adherence to initial adjuvant anastrozole therapy among women with early-stage breast cancerAnn H Partridge
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:556-62. 2008..Previous research evaluating adherence to tamoxifen therapy among women with early-stage breast cancer has revealed adherence estimates ranging from 25% to 96%. No previous studies have focused on adherence to adjuvant aromatase inhibitors...
- Safety and efficacy of vildagliptin versus placebo in patients with type 2 diabetes and moderate or severe renal impairment: a prospective 24-week randomized placebo-controlled trialV Lukashevich
Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, East Hanover, NJ 07936 1080, USA
Diabetes Obes Metab 13:947-54. 2011..Assess safety/tolerability and efficacy of the DPP-4 inhibitor vildagliptin in 515 patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) and moderate or severe renal impairment (RI)...
- Insecticide resistance and its association with target-site mutations in natural populations of Anopheles gambiae from eastern UgandaUrvashi Ramphul
Vector Group, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, Pembroke Place, Liverpool L3 5QA, UK
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 103:1121-6. 2009..Intriguingly, the association between DDT resistance and the presence of L1014S is consistent with a co-dominant effect, with heterozygous individuals showing an intermediate phenotype...
- Bioassay and biochemical analyses of insecticide resistance in southern African Anopheles funestus (Diptera: Culicidae)B D Brooke
Medical Entomology, Department of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, School of Pathology of the South African Institute for Medical Research, Johannesburg, 2000, South Africa
Bull Entomol Res 91:265-72. 2001..The data suggested that this mechanism was also conferring cross-resistance to the carbamate insecticide propoxur...
- Vildagliptin therapy reduces postprandial intestinal triglyceride-rich lipoprotein particles in patients with type 2 diabetesN Matikainen
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Helsinki University Central Hospital and Biomedicum, Helsinki, Finland
Diabetologia 49:2049-57. 2006..We assessed the effects of vildagliptin, a novel dipeptidyl peptidase IV inhibitor, on postprandial lipid and lipoprotein metabolism in patients with type 2 diabetes...
- Phase II randomized study of neoadjuvant everolimus plus letrozole compared with placebo plus letrozole in patients with estrogen receptor-positive breast cancerJose Baselga
Medical Oncology Department, Vall d Hebron University Hospital, P Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
J Clin Oncol 27:2630-7. 2009..This study explored whether sensitivity to letrozole was enhanced with the oral mTOR inhibitor, everolimus (RAD001)...
- Vildagliptin enhances islet responsiveness to both hyper- and hypoglycemia in patients with type 2 diabetesBo Ahren
Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:1236-43. 2009..However, their effects on the glucagon response to hypoglycemia are not established...
- Effect of anastrozole and tamoxifen as adjuvant treatment for early-stage breast cancer: 10-year analysis of the ATAC trialJack Cuzick
Cancer Research UK, Centre for Epidemiology, Mathematics, and Statistics, Wolfson Institute of Preventive Medicine, Queen Mary School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of London, London, UK
Lancet Oncol 11:1135-41. 2010..In this analysis, we assess the long-term outcomes after a median follow-up of 120 months...
- Glutathione S-transferases as antioxidant defence agents confer pyrethroid resistance in Nilaparvata lugensJ G Vontas
School of Biosciences, Cardiff University, Main College, Museum Avenue, P O Box 915, Cardiff CF10 3TL, Wales, UK
Biochem J 357:65-72. 2001..lugens is through protecting tissues from oxidative damage. Our study extends the GSTs' range of efficacy to pyrethroid insecticides and possibly explains the role of elevated GSTs in other pyrethroid-resistant insects...
- Reduced efficacy of insecticide-treated nets and indoor residual spraying for malaria control in pyrethroid resistance area, BeninVincent Corbel
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Cotonou, Benin, West Africa
Emerg Infect Dis 13:199-206. 2007..Pyrethroid resistance in An. gambiae appears to threaten the future of ITN and IRS in Benin...
- Prognostic value of Ki67 expression after short-term presurgical endocrine therapy for primary breast cancerMitch Dowsett
Academic Department of Biochemistry, 4th Floor, Wallace Wing, The Royal Marsden Hospital, Fulham Road, London SW3 6 JJ, UK
J Natl Cancer Inst 99:167-70. 2007....
- Addition of vildagliptin to insulin improves glycaemic control in type 2 diabetesV Fonseca
Endocrinology Department, Tulane University Health Sciences Center, 1430 Tulane Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Diabetologia 50:1148-55. 2007..This study assessed the efficacy and tolerability of vildagliptin added to insulin therapy in patients with type 2 diabetes...
- A significant increase in kdr in Anopheles gambiae is associated with an intensive vector control intervention in Burundi highlandsNatacha Protopopoff
Department of Parasitology, Prince Leopold Institute of Tropical Medicine, Antwerp, Belgium
Trop Med Int Health 13:1479-87. 2008..l.) was determined for six consecutive years within the framework of a vector control programme. Findings were also linked with the insecticide resistance status observed with bioassay in An. gambiae s.l. and An. funestus...
- Trastuzumab plus anastrozole versus anastrozole alone for the treatment of postmenopausal women with human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-positive, hormone receptor-positive metastatic breast cancer: results from the randomized phase III TAnDEM studyBella Kaufman
Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
J Clin Oncol 27:5529-37. 2009..TAnDEM is the first randomized phase III study to combine a hormonal agent and trastuzumab without chemotherapy as treatment for human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2)/hormone receptor-copositive metastatic breast cancer (MBC)...
- Randomized phase II neoadjuvant comparison between letrozole, anastrozole, and exemestane for postmenopausal women with estrogen receptor-rich stage 2 to 3 breast cancer: clinical and biomarker outcomes and predictive value of the baseline PAM50-based intMatthew J Ellis
Siteman Cancer Center, Washington University in St Louis, 660 South Euclid Avenue, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Clin Oncol 29:2342-9. 2011..To study this treatment option, responses to three AIs were compared in a randomized phase II neoadjuvant trial designed to select agents for phase III investigations...
- Activation of MEK/ERK signaling promotes adipogenesis by enhancing peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma (PPARgamma ) and C/EBPalpha gene expression during the differentiation of 3T3-L1 preadipocytesDeepanwita Prusty
Department of Biochemistry, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Biol Chem 277:46226-32. 2002..Our results suggest that activation of the MEK/ERK signaling pathway during the initial 12 h of adipogenesis enhances the activity of factors that regulate both C/EBPalpha and PPARgamma expression...
- Global target profile of the kinase inhibitor bosutinib in primary chronic myeloid leukemia cellsL L Remsing Rix
Center for Molecular Medicine of the Austrian Academy of Sciences, Vienna, Austria
Leukemia 23:477-85. 2009..Finally, bosutinib is the first kinase inhibitor shown to target CAMK2G, recently implicated in myeloid leukemia cell proliferation...
- Mechanisms of action of the dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitor vildagliptin in humansB Ahren
Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Lund, Sweden Novartis Pharma AG, Basel, Switzerland
Diabetes Obes Metab 13:775-83. 2011....
- Mitotic clonal expansion: a synchronous process required for adipogenesisQi Qun Tang
Department of Biological Chemistry, Division of Endocrinology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 725 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:44-9. 2003..These results show that MCE is a prerequisite for differentiation of 3T3-L1 preadipocytes into adipocytes...
- In vitro and in vivo activity of SKI-606, a novel Src-Abl inhibitor, against imatinib-resistant Bcr-Abl+ neoplastic cellsMiriam Puttini
Department of Clinical Medicine, S Gerardo Hospital University of Milano Bicocca, Monza, Italy
Cancer Res 66:11314-22. 2006..Modeling considerations attribute the superior activity of SKI-606 to its ability to bind a conformation of Bcr-Abl different from imatinib...
- Assessing the cardio-cerebrovascular safety of vildagliptin: meta-analysis of adjudicated events from a large Phase III type 2 diabetes populationA Schweizer
Novartis Pharma AG, Basel, Switzerland
Diabetes Obes Metab 12:485-94. 2010..To assess the cardiovascular and cerebrovascular (CCV) safety of the dipeptidyl peptidase-IV inhibitor vildagliptin...
- Phase III study of letrozole versus tamoxifen as first-line therapy of advanced breast cancer in postmenopausal women: analysis of survival and update of efficacy from the International Letrozole Breast Cancer GroupHenning Mouridsen
Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Clin Oncol 21:2101-9. 2003..To analyze overall survival (OS) and update efficacy data for letrozole versus tamoxifen as first-line therapy in postmenopausal women with locally advanced or metastatic breast cancer...
- Switch from antagonist to agonist of the androgen receptor bicalutamide is associated with prostate tumour progression in a new model systemZ Culig
Department of Urology, University of Innsbruck, Austria
Br J Cancer 81:242-51. 1999..These findings may have repercussions on the natural course of prostate cancer with androgen deprivation and on strategies of therapeutic intervention...
- ERK MAP kinase activation in superficial spinal cord neurons induces prodynorphin and NK-1 upregulation and contributes to persistent inflammatory pain hypersensitivityRu Rong Ji
Neural Plasticity Research Group, Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02129, USA
J Neurosci 22:478-85. 2002..Activation of the ERK pathway in a subset of nociceptive spinal neurons contributes, therefore, to persistent pain hypersensitivity, possibly via transcriptional regulation of genes, such as prodynorphin and NK-1...
- Synergistic interactions between in-hive miticides in Apis melliferaReed M Johnson
Department of Entomology, 320 Morrill Hall, University of Illinois, 505 S Goodwin, Urbana, IL 61801 3795, USA
J Econ Entomol 102:474-9. 2009..These results suggest that honey bee mortality may occur with the application of otherwise sublethal doses of miticide when tau-fluvalinate and coumaphos are simultaneously present in the hive...
- Superior efficacy of letrozole versus tamoxifen as first-line therapy for postmenopausal women with advanced breast cancer: results of a phase III study of the International Letrozole Breast Cancer GroupH Mouridsen
Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Clin Oncol 19:2596-606. 2001..CONCLUSION: Letrozole was significantly superior to tamoxifen in TTP, TTF, ORR, and clinical benefit rate. Our results support its use as first-line endocrine therapy in postmenopausal women with advanced breast cancer...
- Dual inhibition of mTOR and estrogen receptor signaling in vitro induces cell death in models of breast cancerAnne Boulay
Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research Basel, Oncology Research, Novartis Pharma AG, Basel, Switzerland
Clin Cancer Res 11:5319-28. 2005..The role of the mTOR pathway in estrogen-driven proliferation and effects of combining RAD001 and letrozole were examined in vitro in two breast cancer models...
- Coregulator recruitment and histone modifications in transcriptional regulation by the androgen receptorZhigang Kang
Biomedicum Helsinki, Institute of Biomedicine, University of Helsinki, FI 00014, Finland
Mol Endocrinol 18:2633-48. 2004....
- Tamoxifen and anastrozole as a sequencing strategy: a randomized controlled trial in postmenopausal patients with endocrine-responsive early breast cancer from the Austrian Breast and Colorectal Cancer Study GroupPeter C Dubsky
Medical University of Vienna, Austria
J Clin Oncol 30:722-8. 2012....
- Suppression of plasma estrogen levels by letrozole and anastrozole is related to body mass index in patients with breast cancerElizabeth J Folkerd
Royal Marsden Hospital, London, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 30:2977-80. 2012....
- Vildagliptin, a dipeptidyl peptidase-IV inhibitor, improves model-assessed beta-cell function in patients with type 2 diabetesA Mari
National Research Center, Institute of Biomedical Engineering, Corso Stati Uniti 4, 35127 Padova, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:4888-94. 2005....
- Impact of three years of large scale Indoor Residual Spraying (IRS) and Insecticide Treated Nets (ITNs) interventions on insecticide resistance in Anopheles gambiae s.l. in BeninGil Germain Padonou
Faculté des Sciences et Techniques de l Université d Abomey Calavi, Calavi, Benin
Parasit Vectors 5:72. 2012..We assessed the impact of this campaign on phenotypic resistance, kdr (knock-down resistance) and ace-1(R) (insensitive acetylcholinesterase) mutations...
- Formation of simple nitriles upon glucosinolate hydrolysis affects direct and indirect defense against the specialist herbivore, Pieris rapaeRoland Mumm
Laboratory of Entomology, Wageningen University, 6700 EH, Wageningen, The Netherlands
J Chem Ecol 34:1311-21. 2008..In contrast, little is known about the biological activities of alternative hydrolysis products such as simple nitriles and epithionitriles that are formed at the expense of isothiocyanates in the presence of epithiospecifier ..
- Assessing the general safety and tolerability of vildagliptin: value of pooled analyses from a large safety database versus evaluation of individual studiesAnja Schweizer
Novartis Pharma AG, Basel, Switzerland
Vasc Health Risk Manag 7:49-57. 2011..The aim of this paper is therefore to assess the general safety and tolerability, including incidences of the most common adverse events (AEs), of vildagliptin based on a large pooled database of Phase II and III clinical trials...
- An assessment of adverse effects of vildagliptin versus comparators on the liver, the pancreas, the immune system, the skin and in patients with impaired renal function from a large pooled database of Phase II and III clinical trialsM Ligueros-Saylan
Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, East Hanover, NJ, USA
Diabetes Obes Metab 12:495-509. 2010..To assess the safety of vildagliptin versus all comparators (ACs) with regard to organs, systems or tissues of particular interest in type 2 diabetes (T2DM) and areas of potential concern with dipeptidyl peptidase-IV (DPP-4) inhibitors...
- Clomiphene citrate or letrozole for ovulation induction in women with polycystic ovarian syndrome: a prospective randomized trialAhmed Badawy
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Mansoura University, Mansoura, Egypt
Fertil Steril 92:849-52. 2009..To compare the effects of letrozole (5 mg) and clomiphene citrate (100 mg) for ovulation induction in women with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)...
- Metabolic channeling in plantsBrenda S J Winkel
Department of Biology and Fralin Biotechnology Center, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, Virginia 24061 0346, USA
Annu Rev Plant Biol 55:85-107. 2004..This review also explores current prospects for understanding metabolon structure, assembly, and biological function...
- The dipeptidyl peptidase IV inhibitor vildagliptin suppresses endogenous glucose production and enhances islet function after single-dose administration in type 2 diabetic patientsBogdan Balas
Diabetes Division, Department of Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 7703 Floyd Drive, MC 7886, San Antonio, Texas 78229, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:1249-55. 2007..However, little is known about the mechanism(s) by which vildagliptin promotes reduction in plasma glucose concentration...
- Safety and efficacy of bosutinib (SKI-606) in chronic phase Philadelphia chromosome-positive chronic myeloid leukemia patients with resistance or intolerance to imatinibJorge E Cortes
M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Blood 118:4567-76. 2011..These data suggest bosutinib is effective and tolerable in patients with chronic phase imatinib-resistant or imatinib-intolerant CML. This trial was registered at http://www.clinicaltrials.gov as NCT00261846...
- Androgen receptor or estrogen receptor-beta blockade alters DHEA-, DHT-, and E(2)-induced proliferation and PSA production in human prostate cancer cellsJulia T Arnold
Endocrine Section, Laboratory of Clinical Investigation, Division of Intramural Research, National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 0933, USA
Prostate 67:1152-62. 2007..LNCaP and LAPC-4 prostate cancer cells were used to determine whether DHEA-modulated proliferation and prostate specific antigen (PSA) production were mediated via the androgen receptor (AR) and/or ERbeta...
- Cyanogenic glucosides and plant-insect interactionsMika Zagrobelny
Department of Plant Biology and Center of Molecular Plant Physiology PlaCe, Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, 40 Thorvaldsensvej, DK 1871 Frederiksberg C, Copenhagen, Denmark
Phytochemistry 65:293-306. 2004..Evolutionary aspects of these unique plant-insect interactions with focus on the enzyme systems involved in synthesis and degradation of cyanogenic glucosides are discussed...
- Comparison of vildagliptin and metformin monotherapy in elderly patients with type 2 diabetes: a 24-week, double-blind, randomized trialA Schweizer
Novartis Pharma AG, Basel, Switzerland
Diabetes Obes Metab 11:804-12. 2009..The primary objective was to demonstrate non-inferiority of vildagliptin vs. metformin in glycated haemoglobin (HbA1c) reduction...
- Anti-inflammatory compounds parthenolide and Bay 11-7082 are direct inhibitors of the inflammasomeChristine Juliana
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Kimmel Cancer Center, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
J Biol Chem 285:9792-802. 2010..Our results thus elucidate the molecular mechanism for the therapeutic anti-inflammatory activity of parthenolide and identify vinyl sulfones as a new class of potential therapeutics that target the NLRP3 inflammasome...
- Pharmacologic inhibition of RAF-->MEK-->ERK signaling elicits pancreatic cancer cell cycle arrest through induced expression of p27Kip1Stephan Gysin
Cancer Research Institute and Department of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, University of California, San Francisco Comprehensive Cancer Center, San Francisco, California 94115, USA
Cancer Res 65:4870-80. 2005..Moreover, these data suggest that pharmacologic inhibition of the RAF-->MEK-->ERK signaling pathway alone might tend to have a cytostatic, as opposed to a cytotoxic, effect on pancreatic cancer cells...
- The effects of post-surgical administration of goserelin plus anastrozole compared to goserelin alone in patients with severe endometriosis: a prospective randomized trialSeyide Soysal
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pamukkale University Medical Center, 20100 Denizli, Turkey
Hum Reprod 19:160-7. 2004....
- Early and late effects of the DPP-4 inhibitor vildagliptin in a rat model of post-myocardial infarction heart failureMeimei Yin
University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Department of Cardiology, Groningen, The Netherlands
Cardiovasc Diabetol 10:85. 2011..We hypothesized that the DPP-4 inhibitor vildagliptin will increase levels of GLP-1 and may exert protective effects on cardiac function after MI...
- Effect of body mass index on recurrences in tamoxifen and anastrozole treated women: an exploratory analysis from the ATAC trialIvana Sestak
Cancer Research UK UK, Queen Mary University of London, London, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 28:3411-5. 2010..As aromatase inhibitors work by inhibiting the conversion of androgens to estrogens in adipose tissue, we hypothesized that anastrozole may be more effective in women with a high body mass index (BMI)...
- Effects of vildagliptin on glucose control over 24 weeks in patients with type 2 diabetes inadequately controlled with metforminEmanuele Bosi
Diabetes and Endocrinology Unit, Department of General Medicine, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Vita Salute San Raffaele University, Milan, Italy
Diabetes Care 30:890-5. 2007..We sought to evaluate the efficacy and safety of vildagliptin, a new dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitor, added to metformin during 24 weeks of treatment in patients with type 2 diabetes...
- Vildagliptin add-on to metformin produces similar efficacy and reduced hypoglycaemic risk compared with glimepiride, with no weight gain: results from a 2-year studyD R Matthews
Oxford Centre for Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism, Churchill Hospital and NIHR, Oxford Biomedical Research Centre, UK
Diabetes Obes Metab 12:780-9. 2010..To show that vildagliptin added to metformin is non-inferior to glimepiride in reducing HbA1c levels from baseline over 2 years...
- The DPP-4 inhibitor vildagliptin increases pancreatic beta cell mass in neonatal ratsAlokesh Duttaroy
Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Inc, 100 Technology Square, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 650:703-7. 2011..This study demonstrates that DPP-4 inhibitors can elicit beneficial effects on beta cell turnover that could help to prevent or retard the progression of type 2 diabetes...
- Efficacy and safety of incretin therapy in type 2 diabetes: systematic review and meta-analysisRenee E Amori
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
JAMA 298:194-206. 2007..Pharmacotherapies that augment the incretin pathway have recently become available, but their role in the management of type 2 diabetes is not well defined...
- Fifty-two-week efficacy and safety of vildagliptin vs. glimepiride in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus inadequately controlled on metformin monotherapyE Ferrannini
Department of Internal Medicine and CNR Institute of Clinical Physiology, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Diabetes Obes Metab 11:157-66. 2009..The primary objective was to demonstrate non-inferiority of vildagliptin vs. glimepiride in glycosylated haemoglobin (HbA(1c)) reduction at week 52...
- The pesticide deltamethrin increases free radical production and promotes nuclear translocation of the stress response transcription factor Nrf2 in rat brainH Y Li
Department of Occupational and Environmental Health, Institution of Environmental and Health, Major Subject of Environment and Health of Fujian Key Universities, School of Public Health, Fujian Medical University, Fuzhou, China
Toxicol Ind Health 27:579-90. 2011..Translocation of Nrf2 may be a response to DM-dependent induction of free radicals and DM may act as a mammalian neurotoxin by initiating oxidative stress...
- Sustained efficacy and reduced hypoglycemia during one year of treatment with vildagliptin added to insulin in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitusV Fonseca
Endocrinology Department, Tulane University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, USA
Horm Metab Res 40:427-30. 2008
- Single nucleotide polymorphisms of CYP19A1 predict clinical outcomes and adverse events associated with letrozole in patients with metastatic breast cancerIn Hae Park
Center for Breast Cancer, National Cancer Center, 323 Ilsan ro, Ilsandong gu, Goyang si, Gyeonggi do 410 769, Korea
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 68:1263-71. 2011..We evaluated the efficacy of the aromatase inhibitor letrozole in patients with metastatic breast cancer (MBC) as related to DNA polymorphisms of CYP19A1...
- Clinical evidence and mechanistic basis for vildagliptin's action when added to metforminB Ahren
Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Diabetes Obes Metab 13:193-203. 2011..Therefore, vildagliptin offers a clinically important outcome when added to metformin with a twice daily dose regimen, taking advantage of its tight binding and slow dissociation characteristics that lead to a sustained overnight effect...
- Effects of vildagliptin on glucose control in patients with type 2 diabetes inadequately controlled with a sulphonylureaA J Garber
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Diabetes Obes Metab 10:1047-56. 2008..To compare the efficacy and tolerability of vildagliptin vs. placebo in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) who are inadequately controlled [haemoglobin A(1c) (HbA(1c)) 7.5 to 11%] with prior sulphonylurea (SU) monotherapy...
- The Patient's Anastrozole Compliance to Therapy (PACT) Program: a randomized, in-practice study on the impact of a standardized information program on persistence and compliance to adjuvant endocrine therapy in postmenopausal women with early breast canceP Hadji
Department of Gynecology, Endocrinology and Oncology, Phillips University of Marburg, Marburg, Germany
Ann Oncol 24:1505-12. 2013..Compliance and persistence are often overlooked in adjuvant breast cancer treatment...
- IL-33 is induced by amyloid-β stimulation and regulates inflammatory cytokine production in retinal pigment epithelium cellsXiao Cui Liu
Department of Ophthalmology, Chinese PLA People s Liberation Army General Hospital, 28 Fuxing Road, Beijing, 100853, China
Inflammation 35:776-84. 2012..Greater understanding of the inflammatory effect of IL-33 and its role in RPE cells should aid the development of future clinical therapeutics and enable novel pharmacological approaches towards the prevention of AMD...
- Effects of PKF275-055, a dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitor, on the development of atherosclerotic lesions in apolipoprotein E-null miceMichishige Terasaki
Department of Medicine, Division of Diabetes, Metabolism, and Endocrinology, Showa University School of Medicine, Tokyo 142 8666, Japan
Metabolism 61:974-7. 2012..Foam cell formation was suppressed by 40% in the exudate peritoneal macrophages obtained from the PKF-treated mice. The DPP-4 inhibitor prevents the development of atherosclerotic lesions by suppressing macrophage foam cell formation...
- Identification of mutations associated with pyrethroid resistance in the voltage-gated sodium channel of the tomato leaf miner (Tuta absoluta)Khalid Haddi
Dipartimento di Gestione dei Sistemi Agroalimentari e Ambientali, Sezione Entomologia Agraria, Catania, Italy
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 42:506-13. 2012....
- Activation of remote meta-C-H bonds assisted by an end-on templateDasheng Leow
Department of Chemistry, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Nature 486:518-22. 2012..In addition, this template overrides the intrinsic electronic and steric biases as well as ortho-directing effects with two broadly useful classes of arene substrates (toluene derivatives and hydrocinnamic acids)...
- Impact of premenopausal status at breast cancer diagnosis in women entered on the placebo-controlled NCIC CTG MA17 trial of extended adjuvant letrozoleP E Goss
Cancer Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Ann Oncol 24:355-61. 2013..MA17 showed improved outcomes in postmenopausal women given extended letrozole (LET) after completing 5 years of adjuvant tamoxifen...
- Novel aspects of therapy with the dual Src and Abl kinase inhibitor bosutinib in chronic myeloid leukemiaGunhild Keller-V Amsberg
Klinik für Hämatologie und Onkologie mit der Sektion Pneumologie, Onkologisches Zentrum, Universitäts Klinikum Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 12:1121-7. 2012..This may be causative for its favorable hematologic toxicity profile. In this review, the authors give an overview on the mechanism of action and currently available preclinical and clinical data for bosutinib in CML...
- Intraspecific competition delays recovery of population structureMatthias Liess
UFZ Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research, Department of System Ecotoxicology, Permoserstrasse 15, D 04318 Leipzig, Germany
Aquat Toxicol 97:15-22. 2010..We conclude that competition needs to be considered in order to understand and predict recovery of size structure...
- Combined androgen blockade for prostate cancer: review of efficacy, safety and cost-effectivenessHideyuki Akaza
Research Center for Advanced Science and Technology, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Sci 102:51-6. 2011....
- Evidence to support the use of vildagliptin monotherapy in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitusSylvie Dejager
Novartis Pharma SAS, Rueil Malmaison, France
Vasc Health Risk Manag 8:339-48. 2012....
- Efficacy of vildagliptin in combination with insulin in patients with type 2 diabetes and severe renal impairmentValentina Lukashevich
Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, East Hanover, NJ 07936 1080, USA
Vasc Health Risk Manag 9:21-8. 2013..73 m(2)) and longstanding type 2 diabetes not adequately controlled with insulin therapy, which is a difficult-to-treat population, with limited therapeutic options and a high susceptibility to hypoglycemia...
- Efficacy and safety comparison between the DPP-4 inhibitor vildagliptin and the sulfonylurea gliclazide after two years of monotherapy in drug-naïve patients with type 2 diabetesJ E Foley
Clinical Research and Development, Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, East Hanover, NJ, USA
Horm Metab Res 41:905-9. 2009....
- ER-alpha36, a variant of ER-alpha, promotes tamoxifen agonist action in endometrial cancer cells via the MAPK/ERK and PI3K/Akt pathwaysSheng Li Lin
State Key Laboratory of Reproductive Biology, Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences and Graduate School, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
PLoS ONE 5:e9013. 2010..ER-alpha36 lacks intrinsic transcription activity and mainly mediates nongenomic estrogen signaling. Here, we studied the role of nongenomic estrogen signaling pathways mediated by ER-alpha36 in tamoxifen resistance and agonist action...
- BAY 11-7082, a nuclear factor-κB inhibitor, reduces inflammation and apoptosis in a rat cardiac ischemia-reperfusion injury modelYong Sook Kim
Heart Research Center, Chonnam National University Hospital, Gwangju, South Korea
Int Heart J 51:348-53. 2010..These data demonstrate that a currently available and well-tolerated inhibitor of NF-κB can decrease the risk of myocardial injury associated with I/R...
- Environmental context determines community sensitivity of freshwater zooplankton to a pesticideNathalie C Stampfli
Department of System Ecotoxicology, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research UFZ, Permoserstraße 15, 04318 Leipzig, Germany
Aquat Toxicol 104:116-24. 2011..These findings indicate that environmental context is more important for ecotoxicological evaluation than assumed previously...
- Predictors of Plasmodium falciparum malaria incidence in Chano Mille, South Ethiopia: a longitudinal studyEskindir Loha
School of Public and Environmental Health, Hawassa University, Ethiopia
Am J Trop Med Hyg 87:450-9. 2012..Although ITNs prevented falciparum malaria for the users, we did not find that free mass ITNs distribution reduced falciparum malaria on a village level...
- Down-regulation of Bcl-2 enhances autophagy activation and cell death induced by mitochondrial dysfunction in rat striatumXing Ding Zhang
Department of Pharmacology and Laboratory of Aging and Nervous Diseases, Soochow University School of Medicine, Suzhou, China
J Neurosci Res 87:3600-10. 2009..Bcl-2 thus plays important roles in mitochondria dysfunction-induced apoptotic death of stritatal neurons by modulating both autophagic and apoptotic processes...
- Suppression of NF-κB and NF-κB regulated oxidative stress and neuroinflammation by BAY 11-7082 (IκB phosphorylation inhibitor) in experimental diabetic neuropathyAshutosh Kumar
Molecular Neuropharmacology Laboratory, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Sec 67, S A S Nagar, Mohali, Punjab 160062, India
Biochimie 94:1158-65. 2012....
- Incretin therapies in the management of elderly patients with type 2 diabetes mellitusIsabelle Bourdel-Marchasson
Pôle de Gérontologie Clinique, Centre Henri Choussat, Hopital Xavier Arnozan, Bordeaux, France
Hosp Pract (1995) 39:7-21. 2011..Therefore, available data from elderly subgroups of individual studies were also reviewed when available, as well as pooled analyses by age subgroups across clinical programs conducted with incretin therapies...
- Efficacy and safety of vildagliptin and voglibose in Japanese patients with type 2 diabetes: a 12-week, randomized, double-blind, active-controlled studyY Iwamoto
Diabetes Center, Tokyo Women s Medical University, School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Diabetes Obes Metab 12:700-8. 2010..To confirm the efficacy of vildagliptin in patients with type 2 diabetes (T2D) by testing the hypothesis that glycosylated haemoglobin (HbA1c) reduction with vildagliptin is superior to that with voglibose after 12 weeks of treatment...
- Efficacy and safety of rilpivirine (TMC278) versus efavirenz at 48 weeks in treatment-naive HIV-1-infected patients: pooled results from the phase 3 double-blind randomized ECHO and THRIVE TrialsCalvin J Cohen
Community Research Initiative of New England, Boston, MA, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 60:33-42. 2012..Pooled analysis of phase 3, double-blind, double-dummy ECHO and THRIVE trials comparing rilpivirine (TMC278) and efavirenz...
- Beta cell function following 1 year vildagliptin or placebo treatment and after 12 week washout in drug-naive patients with type 2 diabetes and mild hyperglycaemia: a randomised controlled trialJ E Foley
Novartis Pharmaceutical Cooperation, Clinical Research and Development, One Health Plaza, East Hanover, NJ 07936, USA
Diabetologia 54:1985-91. 2011..Here, we assessed the insulin secretory capacity in drug-naive patients with type 2 diabetes after a 52 week treatment period with vildagliptin or placebo, and again after a 12 week washout period...
- Use of letrozole in assisted reproduction: a systematic review and meta-analysisAntonio Requena
IVI Madrid, Santiago de Compostela 88, E 28035 Madrid, Spain
Hum Reprod Update 14:571-82. 2008..AIs induce ovulation by inhibiting estrogen production; the consequent hypoestrogenic state increases GnRH release and pituitary follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) synthesis...
- Risk factors for joint symptoms in patients enrolled in the ATAC trial: a retrospective, exploratory analysisIvana Sestak
Cancer Research UK, Centre for Epidemiology, Mathematics, and Statistics, Wolfson Institute of Preventive Medicine, London, UK
Lancet Oncol 9:866-72. 2008..The aim of this study was to assess the relative importance of different risk factors for treatment-emergent joint symptoms in patients assigned to anastrozole or tamoxifen as adjuvant treatment for postmenopausal breast cancer...
- Management of poor responders: can outcomes be improved with a novel gonadotropin-releasing hormone antagonist/letrozole protocol?William B Schoolcraft
Colorado Center for Reproductive Medicine, Englewood, Colorado, USA
Fertil Steril 89:151-6. 2008..To compare the efficacy of a microdose GnRH agonist flare (ML) with a GnRH antagonist/letrozole (AL) protocol before IVF-ET in poor responders...
- Role of vildagliptin in managing type 2 diabetes mellitus in the elderlyS Halimi
University Hospital of Grenoble, Grenoble, France
Curr Med Res Opin 26:1647-56. 2010..The objective of this review is to provide an overview of the challenges in managing T2DM in the elderly, with an emphasis on prevention of hypoglycaemia and the role of the DPP-4 inhibitor vildagliptin in this patient population...
- Effect of dipeptidyl peptidase-IV (DPP-IV) inhibitor (Vildagliptin) on peripheral nerves in streptozotocin-induced diabetic ratsHeung Yong Jin
Department of Internal Medicine, Research Institute of Clinical Medicine, Chonbuk National University Medical School, Jeonju, South Korea
Arch Med Res 40:536-44. 2009..The aim of this study was to investigate the GLP-1 pathway effect on peripheral nerves using a DPP-IV inhibitor in streptozotocin (STZ)-induced diabetic rats...
- Letrozole compared with tamoxifen for elderly patients with endocrine-responsive early breast cancer: the BIG 1-98 trialDiana Crivellari
IBCSG Coordinating Center, Effingerstrasse 40, CH 3008 Bern, Switzerland
J Clin Oncol 26:1972-9. 2008..To explore potential differences in efficacy, treatment completion, and adverse events (AEs) in elderly women receiving adjuvant tamoxifen or letrozole for five years in the Breast International Group (BIG) 1-98 trial...
- Letrozole and norethisterone acetate in colorectal endometriosisSimone Ferrero
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, San Martino Hospital and University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 150:199-202. 2010..This study evaluates the efficacy of aromatase inhibitors and norethisterone acetate in treating pain and gastrointestinal symptoms caused by bowel endometriosis...
- Aromatase inhibitors for female infertility: a systematic review of the literatureNikolaos P Polyzos
PACMeR Panhellenic Association for Continual Medical Research, Section of Obstetrics and Gynaecology and Public Health, Athens 10438, Greece
Reprod Biomed Online 19:456-71. 2009..If solid data from future large adequately powered randomized trials support current evidence regarding efficacy and safety, AI might offer a new treatment choice for infertile women...
- Pregnancy outcome after ovulation induction with aromatase inhibitors or clomiphene citrate in unexplained infertilityAhmed Badawy
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Mansoura University, Egypt
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 88:187-91. 2009..To evaluate the pregnancy outcome after ovulation induction with aromatase inhibitors or clomiphene citrate (CC)...
- Comparison of vildagliptin and pioglitazone in patients with type 2 diabetes inadequately controlled with metforminG Bolli
Section of Internal Medicine, Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Perugia, Perugia, Italy
Diabetes Obes Metab 11:589-95. 2009..To compare the tolerability and efficacy of vildagliptin to pioglitazone as add-on therapy in patients with type 2 diabetes inadequately controlled with metformin monotherapy over 1-year duration...
- Vildagliptin plus metformin combination therapy provides superior glycaemic control to individual monotherapy in treatment-naive patients with type 2 diabetes mellitusE Bosi
Department of Medicine, Diabetes and Endocrinology Unit, San Raffaele Scientific Institute and Vita Salute San Raffaele University, Milan, Italy
Diabetes Obes Metab 11:506-15. 2009..To compare the efficacy and safety of vildagliptin and metformin initial combination therapy with individual monotherapies in treatment-naive patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM)...
- Letrozole combined with norethisterone acetate compared with norethisterone acetate alone in the treatment of pain symptoms caused by endometriosisS Ferrero
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, San Martino Hospital and University of Genoa, Largo R Benzi 1 16132, Genoa, Italy
Hum Reprod 24:3033-41. 2009..We compared the efficacy and tolerability of the aromatase inhibitor letrozole combined with norethisterone acetate versus norethisterone acetate alone in treating pain symptoms...
- Efficacy and tolerability of vildagliptin in patients with type 2 diabetes inadequately controlled with metformin monotherapyM Goodman
Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, East Hanover, NJ 07936 1080, USA
Horm Metab Res 41:368-73. 2009....
- Selective inhibition of MEK1/2 reveals a differential requirement for ERK1/2 signalling in the regulation of HIF-1 in response to hypoxia and IGF-1K M Sutton
Cell Growth Regulation and Angiogenesis Team, Cancer Research UK Centre for Cancer Therapeutics, The Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton, Surrey, UK
Oncogene 26:3920-9. 2007....
- Mcl-1 is an important determinant of the apoptotic response to the BH3-mimetic molecule HA14-1 in cisplatin-resistant ovarian carcinoma cellsKarin Simonin
Groupe Régional d Etudes sur le Cancer, Centre de Lutte contre le Cancer Francois Baclesse, Caen, France
Mol Cancer Ther 8:3162-70. 2009..BH3-mimetic compounds represent promising tools for this purpose either on their own (direct or indirect pan-inhibitors) or in combination with new drugs aiming to inactivate Mcl-1...
- Bcr-Abl ubiquitination and Usp9x inhibition block kinase signaling and promote CML cell apoptosisHanshi Sun
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Blood 117:3151-62. 2011..This approach may be a therapeutic option for kinase inhibitor-resistant CML patients...
- Vildagliptin: a review of its use in type 2 diabetes mellitusGillian M Keating
Adis, a Wolters Kluwer Business, Auckland, New Zealand
Drugs 70:2089-112. 2010..In conclusion, vildagliptin is an important option for use in combination with metformin, a sulfonylurea or a thiazolidinedione in patients with type 2 diabetes who require combination therapy...
- Vildagliptin blocks vascular injury in thoracic aorta of diabetic rats by suppressing advanced glycation end product-receptor axisTakanori Matsui
Department of Pathophysiology and Therapeutics of Diabetic Vascular Complications, Kurume University School of Medicine, Kurume 830 0011, Fukuoka, Japan
Pharmacol Res 63:383-8. 2011..Our present data suggest that vildagliptin could play a protective role against vascular injury in diabetes partly by attenuating the deleterious effects of AGEs-RAGE-oxidative stress axis...
- The genetic basis of constitutive and herbivore-induced ESP-independent nitrile formation in ArabidopsisMeike Burow
Institut fur Pharmazeutische Biologie, Technische Universitat Braunschweig, 38106 Braunschweig, Germany
Plant Physiol 149:561-74. 2009..In the presence of specifier proteins, alternative products, namely epithionitriles, simple nitriles, and thiocyanates with different biological activities, are formed at the expense of isothiocyanates...
- The androgen receptor pathway is by-passed in prostate cancer cells generated after prolonged treatment with bicalutamideAlfred Hobisch
Department of Urology, General Hospital Feldkirch, Feldkirch, Austria
Prostate 66:413-20. 2006..However, little attention has been paid to the androgen receptor-signaling pathway in the development of therapy resistance in patients who receive chronic treatment with a non-steroidal anti-androgen...
- DESIGN AND SYNTHESIS OF CYSTEINE PROTEINASE INHIBITORSDANIEL RICH; Fiscal Year: 1992..include: Determine the structure-activity relationships for new peptidyl semicarbazones, aldehydes, and nitriles for inhibition of the following cysteine proteinases: papain; cathepsin B, H, and L; the cysteine proteinase for ..
- ASYMMETRIC SYNTHESIS OF BIOACTIVE PRIMARY AMINESFRANKLIN DAVIS; Fiscal Year: 2006..Addition of laterally lithiated nitriles and amides to sulfinimines provide 3,4-dihydroisoquinolines and 3,5-dihydro-1 (2H)-isoquinolones, building blocks ..
- NOVEL ROUTES TO PHYSIOLOGICALLY ACTIVE COMPOUNDSK Vollhardt; Fiscal Year: 1991..are to use highly reactive forms of cyclopentadienylcobalt to effect low temperature cyclizations of alkynes and nitriles to give specifically substituted arenes and heteroarenes, including aromatic steroids and ergot alkaloids...
- ROLE OF VEHICLES IN TOXICITY OF NITRILESMOHAMMED FAROOQUI; Fiscal Year: 1990..investigation is to elucidate the relationship of vehicle to toxicity and metabolic fate of selected unsaturated nitriles. The selection of nitriles stems from the fact that nitriles are very important monomers used in the polymer, ..
- SYNTHESIS OF AMINO ACID-DERIVED NATURAL PRODUCTSDavid Evans; Fiscal Year: 2000..to the asymmetric synthesis of hydroxy-alpha-amino acids and alpha,beta-diamino acids as well as alpha-amino nitriles. In closely related studies, we will utilize chiral metal catalysts to promote the enol insertion of metal ..
- A Biocatalytic Route to Nitrile ReductionDirk Iwata Reuyl; Fiscal Year: 2006..Biocatalysis has become an important option for catalyzing the conversion of nitriles to acids and amides due to the existence of the enzymes nitrilase and nitrile hydratase, respectively...
- STRUCTURE-FUNCTION STUDIES ON NITRILE HYDRATASE MODELSPRADIP MASCHARAK; Fiscal Year: 2003..techniques and in one case by crystallography, the role of the M(III) center in the catalytic conversion of nitriles to amides has not been elucidated...
- METALLACYCLOBUTENES, SYNTHESIS AND REACTIVITYKENNETH DOXSEE; Fiscal Year: 1992..Metallacyclobutenes react with unsaturated organic substrates such as carbonyl compounds, nitriles, and sulfoxides, yielding organometallic complexes which may be transformed into a wide variety of important ..
- ASYMMETRIC CATALYSIS OF STRECKER AMINO ACID SYNTHESISMark Lipton; Fiscal Year: 1999..B. Exploration of alternate methods for the hydrolysis of alpha-amino nitriles to alpha-amino acids. C. Further exploring the scope of substrates allowed. D...
- Estrogen regulation of uterine microRNAs: Novel factors in MMP-9 regulationWarren Nothnick; Fiscal Year: 2008..Enhancing our understanding on the regulation of MMP-9 expression may lead to the establishment of novel approaches to counteract mis-expression of this protease and the diseases associated with it. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The Role of TIMP-1 in Uterine PhysiologyWarren Nothnick; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies will broaden our understanding on the role of TIMP-1 in uterine physiology and may help to develop new strategies to treat uterine disorders such as infertility, endometriosis and uterine cancer. ..
- PERMEATION OF IRRITANT MIXTURES THRU PROTECTIVE MATERIALSHANE QUE HEE; Fiscal Year: 2002..The relationship of the fundamental independent variables to the kinetic parameters of permeation and to the Corrositex rating as the index of irritation will be determined and compared. ..
- Synthesis of Macrolides, Steroids, Cyclopentanoids, etc.BARRY TROST; Fiscal Year: 2009..These new synthetic methods apply to many structural types beyond those illustrated and constitutes a significant to gain access to complex molecular targets more easily. ..
- Inductively Coupled Plasma- Mass SpectrometerSHANE QUE HEE; Fiscal Year: 2003..A team of researchers has been assembled whose research needs for elemental analyses are in the broad areas of environmental health, nutrition, biomedical and behavioral research. ..
- CANCER GENETICS NETWORKClaudine Isaacs; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Regulation of the von Hippel-Lindau ProteinPaul Corn; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- ACYCLIC STEREOCONTROL IN RADICAL REACTIONSMUKUND SIBI; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- DNA and Phytochemical Fingerprinting of Actaea SpeciesEdward Kennelly; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our long-range goals are to improve the quality of black cohosh dietary supplements and understand the variation in Actaea species. ..
- Prognosis in BRCA1 Associated Breast CancerPamela Goodwin; Fiscal Year: 2007..Because this research is nested within the CFRBCS, the objectives can be addressed in a timely and cost effective manner. ..
- Ensemble Disruption of the GnRH-LH-Testosterone AxisJohannes Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2007..Expected corollary outcomes are enhanced diagnosis, assessment and management of more subtle pathophysiology of the male gonadal axis in puberty and adulthood. ..
- Purification of Oligonucleotides and Nucleoside TriphosphatesWilliam Pearson; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed work seeks to further develop an entirely new method for oligonucleotide purification, thus streamlining the development and production of these crucial substances. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mechanistic bases for age-related androgen deficiencyJohannes Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2007..Knowing why testosterone falls should help foster new and safer ways to prevent the problem. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Rhesus Embryonic Stem Cell-Derived Serotonin NeuronsCYNTHIA BETHEA; Fiscal Year: 2007..The knowledge obtained from this work will lead to novel treatments for psychoneuropathologies. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Discovery of a Selective Agent that Activates PON1 Enzymatic ActivityJohn Scott; Fiscal Year: 2007..Atherosclerosis is the number one cause of mortality in Western societies. This research proposal focuses on generating research tools to evaluate a novel therapeutic strategy to prevent atherosclerosis. ..
- OVARIAN STEROID REGULATION OF SEROTONIN IN PRIMATESCYNTHIA LOUISE BETHEA; Fiscal Year: 2010..Altogether, we will show that ovarian steroids support serotonin neuron survival and we will provide pivotal underlying genomic mechanisms. ..
- Genetic effectors of TGF-beta induced growth and arrest.BEN H PARK; Fiscal Year: 2010..Isolated genes will be verified and validated by restoration of the putative gene and correlated with immunohistochemical studies using tissue microarrays. ..
- PROGESTERONE THERAPY FOR WOMEN WITH EPILEPSYAndrew Herzog; Fiscal Year: 2008..30 x .35) 100,000 women with catamenial epilepsy and perhaps many more women with no a priori demonstrated hormonal sensitivity to seizure occurrence. ..
- First International Inflammatory Breast Cancer ConferenceMassimo Cristofanilli; Fiscal Year: 2008..For project details please see "Conference Plan". [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- RAAS, Inflammation & Post-Operative Atrial FibrillationNancy Brown; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Multidisciplinary Program in Female and Male ReproductionEUGENE ALBRECHT; Fiscal Year: 2008..The discoveries obtained in the baboon primate model are expected to translate to the human to advance knowledge of human reproductive biology. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Molecular Mechanisms of Portal HypertensionVijay Shah; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Targets for short-course TB therapy Christopher Sassetti; Fiscal Year: 2008..Short-course therapy could impact the worldwide tuberculosis epidemic both by making treatment more widely available and by reducing the rate at which drug-resistant strains emerge. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Novel Active Repressor Model of Human LDL-Receptor RegulationJohannes Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2008..This would represent a new treatment approach for patients with atherosclerotic disease. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Quantitative methods for genetic linkage heterogeneityDaniel Schaid; Fiscal Year: 2008..Aim 3. User-friendly software: User-friendly software that implements the proposed methods, including well-documented procedures and examples of their usage, will be provided free to the scientific community. ..
- Strengthening Botanical CAM Research: A Collaboration between CUNY and ColumbiaEdward Kennelly; Fiscal Year: 2007..We anticipate that within a year after the end of the project period, several R21 or R01 botanically-related CAM applications will be submitted to NIH. ..
- High End Computing for PET/SPECTDEAN WONG; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PHYSIOLOGICALLY ACTIVE NATURAL PRODUCTSDouglass Taber; Fiscal Year: 2007..In the course of these investigations, new molecular reactivity will be developed that will substantially shorten current routes to polycyclic natural products and drug candidates. ..
- NEW RHODIUM-CATALYZED ALLYLIC ALKYLATION REACTIONSP Evans; Fiscal Year: 2006..The development of a temporary silicon-tethered (TST) rhodium-catalyzed [4+2+2] carbocyclization approach to the diterpene, epoxydictymene. ..
- Purification of Optically Labeled OligonucleotidesWilliam Pearson; Fiscal Year: 2004..Initial work will focus on oligonucleotide probe purification. ..
- ENSEMBLE MODEL OF STRESS ACTH-ADRENAL AXISJohannes Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- IMAGING DOPAMINE RELEASE/ENDOCRINE CHANGES IN ALCOHOLISMDEAN WONG; Fiscal Year: 2004..If the initial D2 receptor deficits are exacerbated by alcohol abuse one can envision a positive feedback loop hard to break. ..
- Effect of Continuous vs. Sequential Oral ContraceptionRICHARD LEGRO; Fiscal Year: 2004..Therefore, the risks and benefits of a CCOCP regimen are an important women's health issue that warrant investigation. ..
- SYNTHESIS OF THE TEDANOLIDES, CYTOTOXIC POLYPROPIONATESMichael Jung; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Dedicated High Performance Human Brain/Preclinical PETDEAN WONG; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Chemical Mechanism of Guanine DeaminationRainer Glaser; Fiscal Year: 2003..5. The computational studies will include studies of the bimolecular reaction mechanisms for dediazoniation of the nucleobase diazonium ions. ..
- Nocardia: A Novel Environmental Agent For Parkinsonism?Peter LeWitt; Fiscal Year: 2003..These outcomes will be significant because they should add to our understanding of the neurodegenerative process in PD, and could lead to improved means of diagnosis and treatment for individuals with this disorder. ..
- Endothelial Nitric Oxide Synthase & Portal HypertensionVijay Shah; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- MECHANISMS OF CARDIOTOXICITY OF ANTIPSYCHOTIC DRUGSDavid Flockhart; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- THE AGING GH AXIS IN POSTMENOPAUSAL WOMENJohannes Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2005..An enhanced knowledge base should aid ultimately in formulating more innovative preventive and interventional strategies to limit hyposomatotropism in older and/or estrogen-deficient humans. ..
- INSULIN RESISTANCE IN PCOS--SEQUELAE AND TREATMENTRICHARD LEGRO; Fiscal Year: 2005..Improving insulin action through diet and exercise, with and without weight loss, will result in lowered circulating insulin levels, lowered androgens and increased ovulatory frequency rate in PCOS women. ..
- Vanderbilt Mentored Clinical Research Scholar ProgramNancy Brown; Fiscal Year: 2006..The VCRS program will train successful new clinical investigators who will serve as leaders role in the post-genomic era. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Effects of Antioxidants on Human Macular PigmentsKyung Jin Yeum; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ACTIONS OF ESTROGEN IN MATURING GRAAFIAN FOLLICLESJohannes Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2005..Understanding such fundamental interactions is important to the rational design of alternative strategies to interrupt normal and rescue impaired steroidogenesis in the maturing Graafian follicle and corpus luteum. ..
- Bis-phenol A: Signaling and Mitogenesis in the ProstateKaren Knudsen; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Radioimmunotherapy: An Anti-Neoplastic StrategyAndres Forero; Fiscal Year: 2006..The follow-up trial will be a phase II study to determine the efficacy of 131I-HuCC49ACH2 in resistant/refractory EOC patients. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Analysis of 5'UTR-Mediated Regulation of p53 ExpressionPhilip Lazarus; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Southeastern Michigan Parkinson's Disease ProgramPeter LeWitt; Fiscal Year: 2006..This application also discusses concepts for three pharmacological agents that could be investigated in pilot studies and, if promising, in multicenter clinical trials for assessing neuroprotection. ..
- STEREOSELECTIVE SYNTHESIS OF CYCLIC ETHERSP Evans; Fiscal Year: 2006..Finally, we will examine a series bismuth-catalyzed bis-reductive etherification reactions for the construction of linear fused polycyclic ethers. ..
- Inhibition of TNF in Patients with Alcoholic HepatitisVijay Shah; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- NEW DEVELOPMENTS IN ORGANOCOPPER CHEMISTRYR Dieter; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed synthetic routes to pyrrolidine aza sugars will develop the potential synthetic power of alpha-aminoalkylcuprate chemistry. ..
- QUANTITATIVE ASSOCIATION METHODS FOR GENE MAPPINGDaniel Schaid; Fiscal Year: 2001..The advantages of this proposed research, over those currently used to identify and characterize genes of complex diseases, are that it will offer a more powerful and flexible method to find these types of genes. ..